carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls happy FriYAY.

@Tekate I am so relieved for you that the rosacea med got approved finally. But my offer always stands. For you I can spare anything if it will help you. And I am very pleased you are getting your pool. It's OK without the extras. I think you made the best decision and you need a pool where you live now. Hotter than heck some days. Hope you are having a good week and are planning a happy Memorial Day weekend. XOXO.

@Mamabean hugs to you and hope you have a good weekend to look forward to...is your DH visiting? How is everyone doing by you? Hope your mom is being more pleasant these days and that David is still taking and giving all the hugs you need and want. Hugs from me.

My special son said to me today 'mum, you're the glue that holds this family together' My heart feels a little lighter.
Take care everyone x

Aww that melted my heart so I can only imagine what it did to you. What a sweetheart and what a deep thought for such a little one.
Hope you are having a good day @Niffler75. XO.

@springerspaniel hello and happy holiday weekend. Hope all continues to go well by you and sending good thoughts and hugs your way.

@Jimmianne gorgeous flowers. Wonderful colors. I am glad you are practicing safe distancing and mask wearing despite the insanity around you at times. Woohoo for your bling on its way. I cannot wait for us, ermm I mean you, (hehe) to get it. Please share photos with us when you do. Stay safe and be well. Hugs.

@marcy indeed. One day at a time. One hour at a time. I have mixed feelings for you about returning to work but where you live it seems pretty safe so it's more good than bad for sure. Haha Marty is such a jokester. Thanks for asking about PT. PT went well but somehow I sprained my ankle again. Less than last time but still. I was maybe too active yesterday. PT for an hour then I worked out on my elliptical and then we went cycling. First ride of the season @canuk-gal woohoo. We did 40 miles despite no bathroom break for me. Due to Covid 19 I am holding it in til we get home from now on so our bike rides cannot be all day anymore and anyway due to my OP I have to do weight bearing exercise each day in addition to cycling so we have to cut the cycling short so I have time in the day to get everything in (weights, elliptical and all the other chores we now have to do). Hope you have a good day and hugs.
Oh and yes please to the cheesecake deliveries. We will gladly take a few dozen if you are giving them away. ;-)

@canuk-gal we are expecting some of that chubby rain here later. So we finally went on our maiden cycling voyage yesterday. As you can read what I wrote to marcy it isn't uncomplicated but it was an amazing ride and felt glorious. I am a bit sad we cannot do the marathon rides we used to do due to Covid 19 and public restrooms and also my OP diagnosis but grateful for what we can do for sure. No complaints. Hope you get to ride today if you want to and happy weekend. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 woohoo it's FriYAY. Gorgeous photos. Thank you for sharing! I am glad you have sorted things out and fwiw I think it's a great plan. Hope you have a lovely day and a great holiday weekend my friend. XOXO.

@junebug17 hope you have plans for a happy Memorial Day weekend. Are you seeing your kids and your sister? I am very glad you are enjoying it at the beach. It's the best place to be now more than ever. Stay safe and be well and hugs.

@AV_ how are you doing? Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Gentle hugs being sent your way.

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky hope all is well. Furry hugs from my furry crew to yours.

@Poodles4me hope all is continuing to go smoothly for you and your DH and that all appointments go well. Thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way. XOXO.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a nice week and that the fresh food keeps coming. Please let us know what is happening with the bracelet. I am excited for you and hope you can get it and if you do that you love it. Hugs.

So as I wrote above yesterday was busy. PT in the early AM, then my workout on the elliptical and then we went cycling. It was so glorious to be back on the bike. Amazing really. We were flying. I wish we could do that all day long, every day, all year. But so thankful we can do what we can do so as I wrote above no complaints. But I overdid something and my ankle started hurting last night again. So today I will be cautious and not over do.

Some photos of our ride.

Starting out. Brisk cool wind so I was layered up.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.44.36 AM.png

Cool clear skies. Gorgeous.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.43.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.43.23 AM.png

Warmed up after riding a couple of hours and here's the new flag Greg stenciled and sewed in honor of HRH Francesca may she RIP.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.43.48 AM.png

Have a great FriYAY all and sending you all hugs and good wishes.

And dear @Slick1 yes, grief shared is grief halved and I am here for you anytime of day dear friend. Sending you big gentle hugs and much love. What you did for Chase is the ultimate selfless gift. I am so very sorry for your great loss and hope it brings you comfort knowing nobody could have given him a better life than you did. {{{HUGS}}}.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good "morning" ladies!
Just stopping by to say hello! Trying to read up tonight, hope everybody is okay?
I'm fine, just struggeling with keeping my nose above the job water, can't say no to a little extra cash these days, LOL
Hugs to all!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much for the many, many replies!

Good as can be. There are hundreds mourning (virtually, since I am not anywhere near either) & this is turning to celebration (local oddity, I give you) - it nearly feels odd to be sad, considering what is there to remember.

It is not the worst idea I've heard.

There is no trace of 'it' left in the village & even so, my neighbours never come within a stone throw; if I were not so by myself, I would not dare.

I may well have to have a few of the new Bernardaud things - they are very easy to get used to!

-

Long day behind

I'm so sorry honey! I missed these sad news. I'm really sorry for your loss.

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @AV_ what a sad loss for you.

What a sweet thing for your little boy to say @Niffler75, must’ve really lifted your spirits

What can I say @Slick1, I’m so sorry, but glad you all got to say goodbye to Chase? I like to think that our beloved pets are all at peace and pain free, and waiting to be reunited with us someday. It’s a terribly hard thing to let them go, but I believe it’s our privilege to be in a position to prevent them from suffering.

A021BD11-52FA-4D81-9924-7C39064D0BB1.jpeg

What a beautiful peony @Jimmianne , I just can’t seem to get them to grow in this garden, but had some beauties in my previous garden. Woohoo to your ring coming, hopefully it‘ll arrive quickly. I saw the comment “I”m getting 3 weeks to the gallon” the other day, and that’s pretty accurate in these times :lol:

Wow @bling_dream19 your roses are peonies are lovely, and you must be doing something right to stop the slugs gobbling up your hostas! I must get out and take some more photos, I’ve got so many roses blooming at the moment.

Oy @Tekate, it’s certainly a whole lotta cash for a pool, but yes, we definitely want one, and hopefully will find a house with one already, but we’ve (mentally) set aside about 100K and if it comes in any less, we’ll be delighted. We’re trying not to get too excited or too impatient, because it’s going to take as long as it takes (sadly longer now that we’d hoped), but there’s nothing we can do about it, so just have to sit and wait. Maybe when Adam is processed, we’ll have a better idea of timeframe. We’re all good here, apart from initially when it was difficult to get deliveries, our life isn’t too much different, and we’re not finding it a hardship staying in. We’re hoping once we move that lots of people will want to come and stay, and between us, we can certainly host the NIRDIs for a get together.

I hate to say this @canuk-gal but we could do with a little rain, preferably overnight, just to keep the grass green, so if you have any influence, that’ll be great :mrgreen:

Sorry you have to go back to work soon @marcy, what have the company said about the protocol they’ll have in place for this? Kim’s going to keep working from home as long as possible, and her company is happy to let any staff do that.

Glad you managed to get a ride in yesterday @missy, I’m lucky that I have the bladder of a camel, so rarely need to use public facilities. I think they’re keeping them all closed here. I love the new flag with Francesca on, Greg is so clever and thoughtful. So sorry that you’ve done something to your ankle, hopefully with some rest it’ll heal up quickly. We didn’t go out yesterday, it was so hot, that we sat in the garden under out big parasol, we were expecting a fruit delivery, and didn’t know what time they’d come. We got blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, nectarines, grapes, and apricots. Bit disappointed as we were expecting some cherries, but they mustn’t have been very good when he went to the wholesale market.

Hi @Scandinavian, did you have any joy from the people who did your ring?

I heard back from the bracelet people, the diamonds are G/H colour S1 clarity and 1.5cts total. I’m not going to rush in to buying it, I’ll wait till after the weekend (holiday here) but if they don’t take CC’s, I’m not buying it. Too risky not to have the fall back of the CC insurance.

Beautiful day here, but windy, so we went out for a long walk, and sat out for a while.

Nothing planned for the weekend, we probably won’t go out for a walk because it’ll be busier, so basically eating, sitting out and trying to sleep!

We’ve got through another week, the fatality rate is falling as are hospital admissions, so we’re heading in the right direction, but still need to be careful.

Thinking of you all, and wishing you all good health and better times. :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian @Austina @missy & [all I should name, if I were sober!] This was a day for laugh/cry remembering good old times & friends, often laughing at each other since most of us have never seen the man other than happy regardless of life & death. There is a fourty day reunion (give or take) & mid July seems another world.

[call - no.10K]

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal sorry your weather was crappy yesterday.

@bling_dream19 mmm to frozen cheesecake. Your garden flowers are very pretty.

@Tekate woo hoo pool party at Kate’s house - bring your bling! Such fun. Glad you are getting your pool with your new house.

@Slick1 I am so glad to kids came to keep you company. I hope today is a little easier today. Keeping you in my thoughts.

@Jimmianne your flower is gorgeous. Thank you for the kind words on my ring. I really like it so maybe I’ll keep it a few months before sending it your way. I’m selfish that way. I bet those mini cheesecakes would be a mess upon arrival in France. How exciting you have bling finally arriving too. I can’t wait to see it.

@Niffler75 I can try to send you cheesecake but I can’t promise it will taste very good when it gets there.

@missy that is great your PT went well; sorry your ankle is acting up again. Sweet you and Greg went for a ride. Good idea to do short rides; bathrooms may be hard to find plus I get wanting to go home instead. You certainly did have a busy day yesterday. Great pictures from your ride.

@Scandinavian sorry you are so busy at work but yes it’s a good thing to earn extra money.

@Austina sweet to another NIRDI party at your place. The space station is going to wonder what all the sparkling is coming from in Texas!!! Hopefully things will not be delayed for long. LOL but you are lucky you have the bladder of a camel; I wish I did. There are times we have to stop every 30 minutes on an outing and in Wyoming that can be a problem. You mentioned most places are closed now too which is why I don’t plan on running my new ring to Denver to be sized. Definitely it’s good to have the cc insurance on that bracelet. Glad you are doing well staying at home.

@AV_ it sounds like you explored many memories of your friend; I hope that brings you some peace.

I rebelled against getting up on time today; I figure next Thursday I have no choice. I did log in on time but wasn’t dressed yet; it’s fun to work from my PJ’s. NOT.

We get off work 2 hours early today and I am headed out to get some new shoes. I need some before going back to work.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredibly, my bling is in its way.
Yuuuhuuuu :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

PT in the early AM, then my workout on the elliptical and then we went cycling.
wow! You sure were busy! Hope your ankle is better tomorrow!!

we can certainly host the NIRDIs for a get together.

Or you can all come here, just saying LOL

Hi @Scandinavian, did you have any joy from the people who did your ring?

Not talked to them yet. Everything is locked down really, so no point. Can’t get my ring to them anyway :lol:

Laugh or cry LOL

@Scandinavian sorry you are so busy at work but yes it’s a good thing to earn extra money.

YES, can’t say no to money... :mrgreen: I need a pool too LOL

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy congrats on your inaugural ride! Lovely bright blue sky! Cold and wet here so no riding for us....ho hum.
@Jimmianne can't wait to see your new bauble!!
@Scandinavian don't work too hard!
@Austina take this weather, please!
@Slick1 helaing vibes across the miles......
@marcy insomnia sucks. I live the same experience.

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY friends! I am so happy for a long weekend! Thanks for everyone's kind comments on my peonies and roses.
@missy oh my I'm so sorry about your sprained ankle. Hope it heals fast! I'm glad you'll got to go cycling. I hear you on the restroom issue. I joked with my mom that I should've kept the box of depends my hubby bought me. Might come in handy on road trips or bike rides lol. Your pics are beautiful and the bike looks like so much fun!
@Austina my hubby goes on slug hunts at night lol. I think he's reduced the population. I had to stop planting petunias.
@Slick1 I'm so sorry friend. Sending you hugs in your sorrow.
@tekate your home is going to be gorgeous. The pool will be soo refreshing! And you could always get an above ground hot tub from Costco!
@marcy oh I just love those Paris prints and the doll clothes are beyond precious.
Here's a peony and my morning coffee. It was a good day today. I finally got my pear mailed and we shopped at Aldi. Tonight we are having broiled haddock oreganato, greek green beans. I'm tired not sure if I will add anything to it. Maybe a slice of frozen cheesecake later?
Have a great evening and wonderful weekend, love and sparkles to all! 20200522_112852.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

@bling_dream19 lol I was joking about the same with Greg. But I imagine it would be uncomfortable to wear (and use) while cycling. Eww. and LOL. Yesterday we had to turn around so I could go back home to use the bathroom and we went out again.We managed over 50 miles but we didn't get as far as we wanted to because we turned around and then went back. But it's OK. We make it work. Rainy here today so no cycling. Oh your peony and coffee photo is beautiful and your dinner sounded scrumptious. YUMMMMmm. Yay for mailing your pear. Keep us posted. And hugs.

@Austina sounds like a lovely way to spend your Thursday especially because your weather wasn't cooperating and yay for a (albeit windy) walk yesterday. Sorry you didn't get cherries in your order. I love cherries too and hopefully when they are good you will receive some to enjoy. Smart to wait on the bracelet and then decide if it is for you (if they take CCs). It is beautiful and if it is meant to be it will be. There are many pretty baubles to be had so no need to rush into any purchase especially now. Smart plan to stay put this weekend if lots of people are out and about. Have a good Saturday. XO.

@canuk-gal agree on all counts and yes insomnia sucks. Hope you slept well last night and have a nice weekend in store. We have a mixed weather bag here but making the most of it. Hope DH and son and everyone in your family are well and doing A OK. Hugs.

@Scandinavian aww I am sorry work is super busy but glad you are getting some extra $$$. Always good when one's hobby is bling. :love:
Hugs to you and the kids. Furry and otherwise.

@Slick1 thinking of you at this extremely difficult time and sending you so many gentle virtual hugs. I hope you can feel them and feel the love too. {{{Hugs}}}.

@marcy good for you rebelling about getting up early. You deserve to wake up when you want to IMO. At least til you go back to work in person. Yay for getting off work 2 hours early too. Did you get your new shoes? What kind of shoes? How was going out to eat by the way? Did I miss your post about that? Gosh I have to go back and reread but hope you had a great time out and that life is treating you sweetly. Hugs.

@AV_ I am glad you are able to remember the sweet times you shared and celebrated your friend's life with friends. Hugs.

@Tekate Great Kate my friend, hope you are having a happy Memorial day weekend. Hugs and love.

@Mamabean how is your weekend going? Hoping DH is visiting. Hugs.

We had a good day yesterday. Another busy one. Rode over 50 miles but we had to go back in between for a bathroom break. My ankle is weird. Sometimes I cannot even walk on it and other times it feels OK. Not sure what is up but it is just another thing in addition to many stressors right now. Glad we can cycle our stress away though. Today no cycling as it is cold and rainy but lots of other things to do. Never a dull moment here. Hope everyone has a happy Caturday Saturday and sending you all lots of love across the many miles. XOXO.

We were going down the hills at 30 miles per hour. It was thrilling. I love flying on the bike. Amazing.
cyclingandsayingheytoanothercyclist.png

Quick pic just because. No more pics together while Covid 19 rages so just one person at a time.
cyclingmay2020.png

Happy Caturday Saturday girls!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOOD MORNING.. I'm up early because I need to walk Salley but I changed my ID from

Tekate to Bayek :)

Mike says he's a good guy :) I did this because certain posters are deranged :) of course one may say I am deranged, but I don't think so, maybe hot-headed but in the interest of my family I decided it was time for a change..

BBL

Bayek!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOOD MORNING.. I'm up early because I need to walk Salley but I changed my ID from

Mike says he's a good guy :) I did this because certain posters are deranged :) of course one may say I am deranged, but I don't think so, maybe hot-headed but in the interest of my family I decided it was time for a change..

BBL

Bayek!

Good morning @Bayek Great and wise and wonderful. (((HUGS))).

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday people!!!
It's a gorgeous day here and I got to sleep in. I cooked pinto beans overnight and going to use my immersion blender to make refried beans. Yum! This will go with tacos tonight. I hope everyone slept well and is happy.
@missy wow that would be thrilling to be biking at 30 mph! And impressive you got a pic at the same time. Hugs to you friend! And your outfit is super cute! I love hot pink!
@Mamabean enjoy time with your man!
@Austina I buy frozen organic cherries and they are delicious!
Hi @canuk-gal @marcy @Niffler75 @Bayek and everyone else love and sparkles to all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It‘s good to celebrate someone’s life rather than dwell on their death @AV_ and whilst it may seem incongruous to be laughing when thinking of them, it sounds as though he’d have appreciated people enjoying the occasion.

Thanks @canuk-gal, we got a little rain today, bit too windy for sitting out, but it was plenty warm enough.

What cute outfits @marcy, your sister is very talented. My friend’s daughter was saying the other day that she doesn’t want to go back to work, she’s enjoying being at home so much :mrgreen: Another friend’s daughter has been told she can work 3 days a week from home, and I think a lot of companies here will continue to let people work from home when things are more ‘normal’. Did you get your shoes? I recently bought a couple of pairs of Skecher type shoes, I seem to live in them these days, but I was only supporting the economy and helping to keep the company going (I’ve already got at least 6 other pairs as yet unworn :???: ).:lol:

I’m so envious of your ability to sleep @bling_dream19, I was still wide away at 2.00am. Years ago, I bought a huge tray of black cherries, then spent quite a while pitting them, washing and bottling them in Brandy. They really soaked up the alcohol and were quite lethal after a few months :cool2:

It’s going to take some getting used to calling you @Bayek Kate. Did you have a good walk with Salley? We stayed in and slobbed about today, it was too windy to do much else.

Glad you got to enjoy a good ride yesterday @missy, weather was a bit iffy here today, maybe the tail end of yours? I hope you let out a huge wooooooooooooooooo when you flew down that incline :D I hope your ankle feels a bit better today, it’s odd that it can be painful randomly and then feel fine.

Thinking of you @Slick1, adjusting to life without Chase.

Do you have any idea when things will start opening up there @Scandanavian ?

I’ll probably get in touch with the bracelet company on Tuesday to find out if they take CC’s and take it from there.

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend.

:wavey:

Enjoy

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, not much going on here aside from the very exciting news that our family fave Chinese restaurant has reopened for take-out! Yay happy dance! :dance:So we had a family feast for tea! :lickout:
So I am sitting here stuffed up to my eyeballs hoping that the last handful of prawn crackers is not going to give me raging indigestion at 3am! :roll:
Ho hum. So how is everyone?

Greetings to @Bayek! How are you lovely? Just stay away form the deranged threads!
@missy I wish I had a PT like yours. I am supposed to be having physio but with things being as they have at home it's been virtually impossible to get to appointments. Now things are settling with my son and hopefully getting into a school setting I really need to focus more on my own health and wellbeing.
@Slick1 You have been on my mind. Thinking of you, take care x
@mrs-b How have you been? Thinking of you x

I went out shopping today and it seems as though a significant amount of people are now acting like covid did not exist. It was a challenge maintaining social distancing and I felt like I was constantly dodging, ducking and diving from people. There were lots more cars on the road too. I wonder how sensible the general public are going to be here in the UK and what will happen with rates of infection. Hmmm!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, I hope the tourists aren't too bothersome! It's hard when you're used to peace and quiet. Love your garden hat LOL. I'm glad you were able to do some things that made life feel a little more normal. Woo-hoo to new bling - I am hoping you will share when it comes!

@Mamabean, aw, very sweet David give your hugs, must be such a comfort to you. Sorry you ran into trouble coloring your hair. Your outdoor area is gorgeous! So nice to have such a pretty place to sit to enjoy the outdoors. Bailey looks adorable, what a sweetie. Hope you had a good visit with Shatzie.

@missy, it's good to hear your PT sessions are going well. I hope you do well on your new medication and I hope whatever you're dealing with improves for you. And hopefully your ankle feels better soon. It's really nice Greg doesn't have to go back to the office anytime soon. Is your mom feeling better? Gorgeous pics of the scenery in your area! Such a beautiful place. And how great that you and Greg have been able to cycle, looks like fun. The image of Francesca on the canopy is a lovely tribute.

@Austina, it's great you were able to see your friends, helps make life feel a bit more normal. What a pretty view you have from your outdoor area. I'm really sorry this virus has delayed your plans for moving, so frustrating. Your new assortment of fruit sounds delicious. I feel like I missed something - did you decide to purchase the bracelet? It looked very beautiful in the pics.

@Niffler75, love the pic of your kitty enjoying the AC, so cute! And I love what your son said to you, means everything to a mother to hear that from her child. <3 So sorry people weren't being careful while your were out. Hope you have a really nice weekend with your dh and sweet son.

@AV_, the gilded cups you posted are gorgeous. How amazing they are still being made. Coffee tastes so much better in a pretty cup lol. I'm glad you were able to spend time with friends and share laughter and tears. I hope it brought all of you some comfort over the loss of your friend.

@bling_dream 19, it's nice you got a break from cooking. So exciting you mailed your pear off! The pendant is going to be gorgeous. Love your garden, such beautiful blooms.

@TechieTechie , great to hear you're making progress on packing and purging...I know it takes so much time. Sorry your knee is giving you trouble, take care. Sounds like you shouldn't have any problem selling your home, and I'm wishing you all the best as you prepare for your move. A vacation home in Maine sounds lovely and I hope it becomes a reality soon.

@Bayek, I like your new name! You need to feel comfortable so it's all good. Congratulations on signing the pool contract, very exciting and will be wonderful to have a pool during those hot summers. Love hearing about your house plans, it's going to be an absolutely amazing home.

Hi @Scandinavian, sounds like you're working hard, good luck with it!

@marcy, nice that your Omaha steaks arrived, they'll make for some nice dinners. Your new band is so beautiful! The yellow gold and rubies are a gorgeous combination, and I love the milgrain and how the diamonds are worked into the design, just lovely. Sorry Marty is having a rough time with insomnia right now, that's tough to deal with.

@canuk-gal, good to hear people were following the rules during your appointment. Your life sounds pretty much like mine these days!

Welp, we're back in NJ for a while, drove home yesterday - ds was at the house to get something and discovered the carpet in the basement was soaked and there was mold on the walls. Probably the sump pump but not sure. We need to deal with insurance, cleaning crews etc and get it taken care of. spent today clearing out the basement and moving furniture upstairs. A big mess but we'll plug through! And at least I got to see ds lol.

@Bayek, here's our pool in SC, nothing that fancy....stinks that we're not there right now lol!
4EDEA160-5E49-4BAC-8ECD-AB7FCDC28E53.jpeg

Take care all!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all from the bottom of my broken heart. The kids came today (Covid be damned). DD and I made his paw prints to be framed. It was a peaceful passing but so painful for us.
I appreciate your support more than I can express. ((Hugs))

86B91847-7CB0-43AD-86B0-216EB808C278.jpeg 682CDFBA-4BDB-4FF1-B187-3C1CFEC99535.jpeg 069882A5-C009-45E7-9D07-2985D057F44F.jpeg

@Slick1 , I know you are in a lot of pain right now and I am so truly sorry. I am glad you had your children with you and that you were able to comfort each other. I know you will miss Chase very much and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending comfort and love.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BBL

Bayek!

LOL such fun!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Happy Sunday of this Memorial Day weekend.

@junebug17 ugh I am so sorry about the mess in your basement. I am glad your son discovered it before it went on for much longer and hope you can get the people you need in to take care of it. Hoping not too much damage was done and I know it is a big pain in the neck but relieved you are taking care of it now. Your backyard in SC is a gorgeous oasis of peaceful bliss. Love the pool and love the surroundings. Reminds me of a scene out of a beautiful southern novel. I just cannot remember which one at the moment. Thanks for asking about my mom. She seems to be getting better fingers crossed. It's hard to tell with my mom because she doesn't want to worry us so I am not sure she is always telling us the truth.

We did get some bad news about Greg's mom. She (probably) has multiple myeloma. Greg's brother is a physician so he is handling it with her doctors long distance and tests are still being run and we have a couple of weeks more to get the definitive diagnosis from the biopsy.

Have a good rest of the weekend Junie and hope the mold and water are taken care of easily and quickly. XO.

@Niffler75 I feel the same way. I don't think people are being cautious and I fear the R rates are going to sky rocket again at least in our area. No one here is wearing masks outdoors (where there are other people) and the beaches are open here now to everyone. We rode in Sandy Hook th other day (a federal park) and there was no social distancing and no masks and it was crowded. We quickly left. I fear people aren't using (or have) common sense. I am sorry you are having issues finding a good PT. I have been fortunate in that almost all the PTs I have ever worked with have been really good. When I broke my leg Victor was my therapist (he has since moved or I would've gone back with him for my PT now when I was in Brooklyn at least) and he was amazing. And then Thomas was really good too as was Malkie and now Jasmine. So yeah I have been fortunate with my therapists. Sadly my ankle injury might have been exacerbated by therapy so I have to talk with Jasmine. I don't know if it is a ligament issue or something more serious but I am going to have to be conservative in my therapy right now to give my ankle time to heal.

Glad you enjoyed your favorite Chinese restaurant food the other night woohoo indeed. And yummm.
XO

@Austina ooh I am excited for you re the bracelet. I cannot imagine they wouldn't accept CCs so here's hoping they do. Our weather is windy today and cloudy but looks like we will go cycling after we do what we need to with the kitties so probably early afternoon. Our hours are busy once again. Sigh. One day at a time. Hope Adam and Kim are well and that you and Colin are enjoying video calls with them. How is Shirley doing? XO

@Slick1 my sweet friend I have you on my mind. My heart goes out to you and gentle hugs to hold you. {{{HUGS}}}.

@Scandinavian are the kids going back to school in the autumn? Has anything been decided yet? What is the mood by you? Hope you are all doing well. And I agree, you need a pool! What are you waiting for girl? LOL. Hope work is going smoothly for you and that the money is adding up. XO

@marcy speaking of work...a few more days of freedom. Hoping you are enjoying a happy holiday weekend. Greg mentioned last night that he would love to live in Montana or Wyoming and I almost fell off my chair haha. I said you know it snows in June there sometimes? And he said yeah he would love to be near skiing again and the beautiful scenery. So we might be coming your way one day...;-) XO

@sarahb how are you dear girl? Hope you are enjoying a good holiday weekend. XO

@bling_dream19 Days is open but the new normal makes me not excited to go there. I remember fondly the day we actually met for the first time at Days. Haha what a happy surprise. I look forward to the day we can meet there again under better circumstances. Strange times indeed. I am not sure Dave will reopen next year because he was talking about retiring but we shall see. Hope your mom and dad are well and that you are having a good holiday weekend with family. Hugs to you.

@Bayek good morning Kate the Great. Hope you are having a good holiday weekend and that all is well. Hugs.

@Mamabean hope you had a good visit with your DH and that David and your mom and you are all well and everyone is behaving. Hugs.

Hello to everyone else. I hope all is well. Sending all the NIRDIs big hugs.

Photo last night of Gracie and Tommy hanging out. Super sweet.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 6.24.58 AM.png

and an ankle support Greg made for me. He is multi talented. And I don't take that for granted. I am lucky he can do (almost) anything to make life easier.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 6.25.15 AM.png

Last edited:

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
@Slick1 I am so sorry for your loss. Pets bring such joy to our lives, but you loved him up to the very end and helped him leave this world without too much suffering, which is how I think we'll like to end our time on earth. Sending hugs across the miles.

Glad everyone seems to be moving towards normalcy in all its current forms. Funny to hear all this talk about pools. My parents install a pool in our backyards and I swear I would have lived in the pool if I could have. Then folks started filling them in, in droves, about 20 years ago. Now they are back in vogue. I can't afford 80k on a pool, but I admit, I bought and above ground pool that I hope to set up at my rental. I hate the look of above ground pools, but the idea of going thru a midwestern summer without regular access to water is a no go. There is a perfect corner (abutting fencing on 2 sides) where I think I can install it with minimal fuss, with decking like this Inexpensive Decking . Technically speaking, not allowed by city code, but through the grapevine I've heard many local families are doing similar projects and city officials are looking the other way as long as one can't see if from street and neighbors don't complain.

Still plugging away at the basement, on track to finish tomorrow. Two, 6 foot, floor to ceiling units filled with tools (mine and my Dad's) ready for sale. And, dropped off 3 50 gal bags to Goodwill. Feels good. Luckily, the knees are doing okay.

My friend, who is a realtor, is coming over today to talk thru strategies. I think if I can sell direct (mostly as is, with some deep cleaning and minimal staging) that would be ideal. Given the comps, I don't think I can get another 5% to cover the cost of the realtors. I think I may try to sell direct, and if I get the price I want, I will cut and run. If not, I may spend this month doing some small jobs to make it look more appealing, then have a realtor sell it after I move. I'd feel more comfortable moving if the house is sold (or under contract) but I may have to take that risk.

Happy Sunday all!

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you sweetie the new med is working well!

Okay I've not read anything yet except Missy's friday note to me. BUT I will after this.

Why I changed my nick is because certain posters - one in particular especially - exhibit such vitriol, hate, unkindness, inability to support, care, think or show any human compassion, intelligence, or the ability to grow intellectually that I decided that these people would and could easily track me down.. granted anyone who is a member can trace my messages back to '13 :) what's done is done, but ya know, I don't want these people in my HEAD, in my heart, or in my life. So I talked to my son and he said this is a great nick so here I am.

I am happy to share my life with you guys because I TRULY feel you are friends and friends in real life, I've met Missy, and Austina, and MrsB and a host of others at MrsB's party almost 2 years ago, we all have good hearts here and I don't want to leave but I cannot abide the depth of these people and their darkness, nope I believe in sunshine, with rain, rainbows, caring for each other and love, the other side to me is, of course, I am a born fighter and I go down and dirty and I know I shouldn't but I do, my bad (to say the least) so I am trying to be who I really am and not involve myself in those types of people.

So here I am.. love you guys, and thank you for reading.

Remembering the soldiers of all wars who have died for me and my past and future family members - I send love.

ETA: Any pictures of the house going up or Auti etc I will be placing just on Instagram if you use instagram and we aren't connected but you are to Missy, or Mamabean or Slick or Marcy then they can let you know my ID on there. :) :)
(hmm that was kind of egotistical! if you want to see pix of the build etc, you don't HAVE to see pix jeez louise I am forward aren't I :loopy: )
xoxoxo

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be hit or miss because I am reading newest to oldest.

@TechieTechie Hey any pool is my friend. ANY I mean I would use a baby pool, my son showed me a picture of his backyard with my granddaughters baby pool and I signed with love.. it's amazing that people DID fill in their pools, I remember this lawyer I knew in a wealthy neighborhood in Austin who made his a koi pond, I thought it insane.. :)

@missy Oh no about Greg's mom :( :( some of the docs thought my sister may have had myeloma.. there was no way to know.. My heart to your and Greg's and his family - I hope Greg is okay, it's always great to have a doc in the family (and a lawyer :) so at least you have that going for everyone. I'm here for you. I love Greg, he's a phenom of love, I am SORRY about your ankle... Missy the MARVELOUS please simmer down (ewww I am channelling the great OZ, my mom there) chill, enjoy the beach for a while, take care of Missy instead of everyone else..

Missy I don't mean to be an alarmist but I think in the states that have opened up too much there will be spikes, and many of these 'people' who think it's their right to infect you by not wearing masks will get sick and by Typhoid Mary's.. We have to just take care of ourselves and loved ones at this point. I recognize Missy that we are lucky, we don't have to feed a family and no job and no savings, this is why the government should help not hinder the healing in our country and for those who need assistance. It's a crying shame really.

@Scandinavian yes ma'am Bayek it is.. at least there's a K in there :) xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, I read Missy's kind words about 'water in the house or basement' I sincerely and truly hope it's all going to be okay.. water, the bane of homes (and bugs too).. June, your pool is divine and it's beautiful and the color is wonderful and it's serene.. like you :) thank you for the pix! xoxoxoxo (glad you saw DS always the best day when we see our kids :) ) and J.. une! thank you for liking my new name.. Bayek is a good guy, I think we are connected on Instagram so you can see what's new with Auti! take care of the basement June but I know that it's a blip on the screen of life and I'm so glad your DS went over and was in the basement, sump pumps are great, but unfortunately they break down so I am sending you a huge hug and June, your posts always make me happy :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 thank you Niffler and I will stay away from those deranged nutcases (altho I'm sure they think I AM ONE :) ) I agree people seem to be having jolly times here in Texas. Lotta fat people here (me included) so we shall see if our numbers here continue to go up as they have been since the governor opened Texas back up.. xoxoxoxo oh and yum to Chinese food ANYTIME... I love it, so glad to read your fave restaurant is open! good sign!

@Slick1 Not much more I can say Slick, we've all had a bad last few years here.. I wish Chase a happy, loving journey, and I BELIEVE wholeheartedly that we WILL see our loved fur and humans again at the ridge, sounds crazy, but I do.. love like you have for your Chase never dies... xoxoxoxoxoxox

@springerspaniel Hello SS I hope you are well and surviving these crazy times.. who'd have thunk that we all would REALLY live thru a pandemic, not me.. xoxoxoxo

@Austina Okay! when you arrive we will plot our cherry making for booze, I love cherries and I love cherry brandy and I love cherries in my drink :) cannot wait to hear about the bracelet which is so beautiful Austina, I love it.. Hi to Colin and Kim and Adam sending you a huge huge hug Austina.. xoxoxoxoxoxox

@AV_ sounds like it was a great reunion! here's to the next fourty! xoxoxoxox

@bling_dream19 hello how's things with you...?

@marcy Hey! how are you and the hubster? how's the weather, I'll bet it's beautiful!!! ya know I hadn't ever seen a lot of your haul that you recently posted here, I gotta say, BEAUTIFUL stuff Marcy and your taste is perfect! hope you are enjoying the weekend and the weather is good, we are hotternhell here :) (as usual).. xoxoxoxoxoxox

@Mamabean hey Mamabean, I hope you have a great holiday weekend and hope all is well with Shatzie, your son's and your grand to be and that gorgeous little guy.. sending you a huge Bayek hug.. think of you every day and think about sitting in your gorgeous backyard! so serene.. sending a huge XOXOXOXOXO to you.

@canuk-gal hey girl! hope you are enjoying your Sunday.. what's your temps these days?
xoxoxo

nothing new to report on the house etc we will take a ride up north to just go see if they did anything yesterday, since it's a holiday weekend I DOUBT IT! ;-)

thank you all for being my friend.. I've always said "I got the luck of the Irish" (actually my mom said that to me but you get it ;-)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two unrelated thoughts.

Missy, here too, there is no social distancing, no masks. It is business as usual.
I wore my mask yesterday to buy food and was the only person with a mask!

Re pools: I had an above-ground for several years and loved it. I missed it so much when the weather got cold that I finally added a pool room to my house with an Endless Pool lap pool in it.
FYI The pool itself was around 25k and was more than adequate for swimming with friends. It has a machine at one end that makes a current so that you can swim in place, “endless” laps, and a jet spa at the other end.
I have had it for almost 10 years. I rarely use it anymore, and only went swimming once last year! However, it still must have upkeep almost daily. It is a pain to keep the chemistries right and to keep it clean. Probably better for a family where you have company for swimming and someone to help maintain the water quality.

Hello “B”! We posted at the same time. My pool post was not a response to your pool post : )

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy ,(( Your news! & ankle! You make it all look like an easy bike ride. Of course I am hoping for the best, not that I dare think of details.

-

NIRDI, wanna laugh? I've had to see the dentist [trivial job] & oh, the misery! - this is another country, of course, and the medical protocols look nothing like what my country does [I cannot argue myself out of this one yet, but there are artichokes braising, waiting for the rigatoni with rosemary vinaigrette & the parties concerned have already been introduced, have they not.]

I wish my wishes went where I sent them - all the best to NIRDI!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you sweetie the new med is working well!

Okay I've not read anything yet except Missy's friday note to me. BUT I will after this.

Why I changed my nick is because certain posters - one in particular especially - exhibit such vitriol, hate, unkindness, inability to support, care, think or show any human compassion, intelligence, or the ability to grow intellectually that I decided that these people would and could easily track me down.. granted anyone who is a member can trace my messages back to '13 :) what's done is done, but ya know, I don't want these people in my HEAD, in my heart, or in my life. So I talked to my son and he said this is a great nick so here I am.

I am happy to share my life with you guys because I TRULY feel you are friends and friends in real life, I've met Missy, and Austina, and MrsB and a host of others at MrsB's party almost 2 years ago, we all have good hearts here and I don't want to leave but I cannot abide the depth of these people and their darkness, nope I believe in sunshine, with rain, rainbows, caring for each other and love, the other side to me is, of course, I am a born fighter and I go down and dirty and I know I shouldn't but I do, my bad (to say the least) so I am trying to be who I really am and not involve myself in those types of people.

So here I am.. love you guys, and thank you for reading.

Remembering the soldiers of all wars who have died for me and my past and future family members - I send love.

ETA: Any pictures of the house going up or Auti etc I will be placing just on Instagram if you use instagram and we aren't connected but you are to Missy, or Mamabean or Slick or Marcy then they can let you know my ID on there. :) :)
(hmm that was kind of egotistical! if you want to see pix of the build etc, you don't HAVE to see pix jeez louise I am forward aren't I :loopy: )
xoxoxo

Perhaps you should block xx just in case..?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results