shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, re: photographed by tourists. I know, crazy.
Maybe it would help if I took the snail off my gardening hat.

92A97534-9C2E-4F58-BD53-F2B81610567C.jpeg

Actually the problem is, people can only see the view through my gate and I just happen to be in the way.
I realize now I’ve been peering into other people’s gardens & taking pictures since I first came here and never thought it was an intrusion at all. lol

Of course. The view. I apologize for my comments which now seen rude.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course. The view. I apologize for my comments which now seen rude.

Good morning, Sharon!
I have never read a rude post from you.
However, I have read posts about your rude weather. : )

The tourists are really funny. Sometimes when they stand at the gate I stare at them and they walk away...only to stand tippy toe and peer over the wall next to the gate. All I can see is the top of a head and two eyes.

I bought the garden for the view. It’s wonderful. Perhaps my spiritual practice this summer will be to honor strangers who appreciate it as much as I do.
Or, as my mason suggested, open the garden, charge a euro or two for people to come in and sit. LOL

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, sorry I never responded individually to each NIRDI yesterday.

@marcy YUmmmmm to corn on the cob and mini cheesecake. Oh, it sounds so good. And I love cheese ravioli. Continuing with the food theme glad your Omaha steaks arrived and all is good with that. Sorry about the 2 employees leaving the team short. Inconsiderate to say the least. I hope you don't work too hard. Speaking of working hard woohoo to Marty and his gym. May that continue to be busy and go well. Hugs and have a great day. It's Tuesday already wow.

@Tekate great Kate how is the week going? Thank you for being here for me. I am trying to gain wisdom from the challenges we are facing but sometimes suffering is just that and there is no reason. Wishing for you smooth sailing and good health for all your loved ones. I know it is stressful with your son and family in Brooklyn and I hope it brings you some peace knowing they are OK and they are in areas that aren't hard hit with Covid 19. It's interesting how Coney Island was one of the hardest hit areas and Starrett City which is not far from my parents...my mom is ill right now with GI issues and I am hoping and praying it isn't Covid 19. Anyway sending you big hugs and much love Kate the great and thank you for everything. XOXO

@junebug17 so happy for you that things are going smoothly and that all your friends and family are well. Sounds like a great idea to stay in SC for as long as you can til DH has to physically go back into the office. Hopefully that won't be for a long while. So far Greg's company said they can WFH for as long as they want to but of course with the caveat until they decide they have to go in to the office. They are moving in August so everyone has to get back there to pack up but for now WFH is working out OK. Enjoy the sun, the sand and the sea. I love your beach photo thank you for sharing with us. XO.

@Austina good afternoon. Thank you for all your kind generous support. I am sorry you aren't going to see Kim and Adam til next year probably but you are wise to be cautious. And it is wonderful you and Colin are so well suited for each other and get along amazingly. I am definitely grateful for Greg during these stressful times. Funny I never would have imagined that Covid 19 wasn't the most stressful thing I would be dealing with. Sobering really. But one day at a time and hoping and praying for the best. Sending you hugs across the miles. That Costco Coronavirus bottle-is it a cleaner? It says effective against Coronavirus but I wonder if that includes this strain as there are lots of strains of Coronavirus out there. But in any case this Coronavirus strain isn't that hard to kill so it should work. I haven't checked our Costco for anything like that but perhaps next time. I am worried we will run out of Lysol wipes which I use for the cats especially now. Covid 19 is making getting things we need for the cats challenging and you know what I mean. Anyway I digress. Hope you guys enjoy a good walk today.

@canuk-gal I don't know what you are referring to and I always find your posts full of kindness and generosity and look forward to hearing what you share with us. Glad you are enjoying cycling. Greg has hit a snafu re the new canopy so our cycling debut for this season has been delayed for a bit. I know he is disappointed as he put a lot of effort into the new design for the canopy. Hope all is well with your loved ones and that your son's dental work is complete. Hugs.

@Sunstorm dear friend. What can I say? There are no words. I am glad the virus quarantine is over by you and you are wise to take things slowly. I am so glad you have a gorgeous new home of your own and I am continuing to send you big hugs and much love and all that good stuff. One day we can commiserate in person for all we have and still are going through. If I survive that is. Anyway thank you for being here for me and I am always here for you. No matter what we are going through at any time. That is the definition of true friends. Hugs.

@Niffler75 yes I am continuing for now. So far the PT place has me first thing in the AM before the other clients start so that works for me. We wear masks and the therapist disinfects everything and every 30 minutes everyone washes their hands or Purells. So at least for the next 2 weeks I am going there. What a lovely photo of that moth. Thank you for sharing. I love seeing photos and appreciate the beauty all around us.

@bling_dream19 sweet lady thank you for your kind wishes. A big happy birthday to your dad. I am glad you are sleeping better and hope your family is doing well. Yummm to baked goods. How is work going? What is new in your life?

@TechieTechie how's the move going and how is Pumpkin doing? We love classic car shows and generally get to enjoy at least 2 per year here but everything sadly is canceled for the foreseeable future with good reason of course. Sending you good wishes across the miles. XO.

@sarahb you continue to be in my thoughts.
Hugs.

@Slick1 big hugs and much love. I am so sorry you are dealing with this and you know Greg and I are keeping all of you in our thoughts and sending good vibes your way. XOXO.

@Jimmianne hello and what a beautiful garden. Love the hat too. Sending warm wishes across the many miles. How is your DD and her DH doing? I am not a fan of tourists at all. Unless they are NIRDI tourists haha. Hugs.

@Keeliamira hope you are feeling well and getting medical issues sorted. Hugs.

We had a good hike Sunday and Monday. And after yesterday's PT session I am very sore lol. I will share a few pics now and then I need more caffeine. Thanks to all who enjoy my photos. I enjoy seeing yours too.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.19.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.18.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 6.18.30 AM.png

OK off for more coffee and some more food. I will be back with a few more photos. Big hugs and have a good day girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ how was your weekend and how is the week going? Any ice cream or gardening or walking or writing adventures? Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds how are you doing Nicky? How are your furry babies? Hugs.

Some more pics from the past 2 days. It is a lovely sea of green and pink and yellow by us and I love the bright colors that are all around. Spring is a beautiful time of year.

azaleaspink.png

Sunday
heartandsneakers.png

bluesky.png

Monday
bubbalahandbeachshoes.png

Have a lovely day girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean how did your weekend go? How is your DH doing? And how's your mom and David? Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.10.29 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I had nearly forgotten how brilliant rhododendrons get around your part of the world at this time! Such a show!

I managed to dig myself into a 'spring cleaning' - not a good idea, now that I am thinking, but then, IDK to think, just get done with it all. Even the bar I was hoping to return to is taking its time to open [waiting for yours truly, of course.]

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean how did your weekend go? How is your DH doing? And how's your mom and David? Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.10.29 AM.png

Hi @missy..I’m good...I’ve just been so busy with everyone. My mom is driving me a little crazy...She has a mean streak so I have to work on staying above that. I’ve been asking David for extra hugs...Since he’s Autistic I realize he probably doesn’t want to but he always says yes and smiles. He even patted me on the back the other day during our hug. His hugs are lightening fast but that’s okay..They make me so happy..
Shatzie is good. He’s coming back Saturday and Monday barring rain.
My Lucille Ball gene came out two weeks ago...I got a bee in my bonnet that I wanted to lighten the back of my hair. My hair in front is lighter because I have whitish gray hair..It blends in with the lighter blonde hair which my hairdresser highlights from my dark blonde. I read that you can use 3% peroxide to lighten hair. I decided I was fine with the whitish gray if I could lighten the crown and back. The first time I did it I was happy because it was just a shade lighter. I decided to do it one more time...That was even better...The third time was a disaster. It got to an orange shade. It’s only on the crown and light orange but looks ridiculous. I ordered a light ash blonde hair dye from Amazon. It supposed to come today. I’m terrified I will wind up with Bozo the clown orange hair. If all of my hair was like the grayish white in the front I would have just let it grow out...I actually love whitish gray hair...I thought it looked weird because it was light in the front and dark in the back. This is probably too much boring information...but this is what I have going on right now. :lol:
I hope you and all the NIRDI’s are healthy and happy...❤

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy hello to the sweetest, my brilliant woman I know.. Yes Missy, I worry about Chris constantly, but he's 28 so I can't nag, he loves Brooklyn.. he's happy and does well so I trudge along.. xoxox

So the pix at P/T is marvelous, you are doing well and you look (as always) wonderful.. I'm glad so glad! you like your P/T... OMGosh your pixs are beautiful Missy.. you are so talented girl.. lucky me to know you!!!! Hows Greg doing? How's Tommy? how are you? How's Mom, Dad and sister and family? We are all good Missy, thank YOU for being there for me Missy, words can never convey how lucky and happy I am to have you as my friend.. lucky me.. thank you for being there for ME.. :) xoxoxoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne hey! I'm all for charging 2 euros! I mean why not.. where you live is so beautiful Jimmi* I hope it makes you as happy as me looking at your pictures, hope your family is well and YOU too. xoxoxo
°
@Niffler75 Hi! you sound good and did you LOVE living in Scotland? I've never been there but I sure would love to.. sending hugs and hellos! to you and your family and looking forward to seeing your new stuff! I live thru you and @Jimmianne and @Mamabean @marcy and everyone else who is receiving new jewelry! xoxoxoxo

@Austina Hi Austina :) of course you will be visiting! I hope the house is built well too Austina and I hope it goes fast but today we are going to reach 100° F and that is hot, but it's the humidity today that is really ugly. :) but we since I already did 4200 steps I'm pretty happy, I will have to get at least 3K more but that's doable. glad you don't have CV (not that I thought you did btw) and I'm also glad Adam didn't have it either. I think it's inevitable we will all get it or get vaccinated.. missing you guys and can't wait for your future visit Austina! I have to take you to the El Dorado in NW Austin - you can ask Adam if he's ever been there, although it's not necessarily in his neck of Atown.. right now it's not open but for take out.. but I miss it.. best Tex-Mex I've ever had in Austin. I'm hallucinating on Tex Mex ;-) sending you love Austina! and hi to Colin xoxoxox

@junebug17 good morning June! hope you are enjoying SC! someday put up a pix of your pool - loved your beach pix! - water pixs mellow me out! sending sincere hugs love and hope all your family is doing well June! xoxoxox

@Mamabean how's things going? I can't wait for your next xmas gift to see what you are going to do with your stash! love all your pics Joanne! hope Shotzie and your kids are all well (mom too) and can't wait to hear the news when your new grandson arrives! sending you a huge hug! xoxoxoxoxo

@Keeliamira Hi! how's things? are you feeling okay? I know with covid19 a lot of things are being pushed back, sending you healthy dust and HUGE healthy hug and hoping you are doing well (hey I wrote and alliteration without thinking about it!) xoxoxoxo

@canuk-gal you weren't snarky girl.. i always love your posts.. you make me happy, you are often so upbeat and such a good mom, hope your son is doing well Sharon.. sending Kate hugs to you and your fam! xxoxox

To all my other NIRDI girls, HI, hope everyone is well.. @marcy i'm going to post a pix that john set up! he's got his stash of booze in the garage and it's getting hot in TEXAS! so he brought what he thought would be affected by the heat and placed it in Auti's crib since by the time I see her again she'll be 3! xoxo

Okay, went to the derm yesterday and am getting a new script for a face wash for my rosacea, so far it has been rejected by the pharmacy because I am on medicare.. now the doc has to fight for me.. we shall see...

Signed the pool contract, we are just bleeding money ;-) oh well

As I said above hotternhell here today! we have set our alarm to get u at 7:00 a.m. cst to get up and OUT to walk Salley, tomorrow we are getting up even earlier! it was hot at 7:45 a.m.!!!

okay here's for you @marcy John can often be staid, he comes from richy rich people (I was his 'take a walk on the wild side g/f then wife') but sometimes he can be really funny! added: whoops those white wine bottles are mine!

teddydrinkin.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can share some photos from my life in solitude...This yard has been my haven and source of fresh air for nine weeks and counting...The old bricks are original to the house built in 1905..There isn’t any mortar in between so it’s a challenge with weeds growing in between. I found a natural weed killer that works but it’s still a full time job...:wall:
CD99ABAC-DAAB-4928-ADD9-3CC4DA740770.jpeg C492785C-E70D-497B-A3D4-F235D0F2EF64.jpeg 41ECA67D-4BD2-46B9-81D1-53BFEDE5352F.jpeg AA409866-DD60-4309-AE12-C59312C020A0.jpeg 41EA1869-4AF7-4813-8959-80385B3BF0A5.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Your half gray/white sounds very tempting! [getting there, one strand at a time]

-

Finally, back to drinking proper coffee in the village square. I've ended up with a pair of gilded porcelain cups & a faceted glass perfume bottle - one way or another [not the sort of thing that happens to me much! - but, I need a new cup & these two were very beautiful enough to make me look up who made them & sure enough, they are still in business 120 years after & this could be bad for me www]

I'll never catch up! I hope there is only good news I am missing.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, look at the colour of that sky @missy. I think this must be a particularly good year for azaleas, rhododendrons and Acers. We’ve seen so many beautiful ones around here, and my own Rhodi is in full bloom, and my roses are just about to bloom. Life would be great if things didn’t keep getting in the way, but I know how resilient you are, I know you’ve had to be, but you can only do your best when dealing with difficult situations and nothing more. I wish I could do something to help, please know I would if I could. The liquid from Costco is an all purpose cleaner, we can’t get any anti bac wipes either, so I’m using that on the surfaces and floors. Colin used it when he wet dusted all the banisters on Sunday.

So glad you got to enjoy your coffee this morning @AV_ and it definitely tastes better in a posh cup!

Your garden is beautiful @Mamabean, looks like the perfect place to enjoy some peace and quiet and to get away from any stresses. That’s sweet that David indulges you with hugs. Glad to hear you enjoyed Shatzie‘s visit and that he’ll be back twice this coming weekend. Oops to your hair problem, just remember, to section your hair and apply the colour to your roots first, and leave for a while before applying the colour all over. It’ll give you a better result.

Aww thanks @Tekate, as soon as it’s safe, we’ll be visiting and picking your brains about pools! It’s been pretty hot here too today, not quite in the 100’s but hot enough with no AC! We’ sat out all afternoon, and even in the shade we just had to have some ice cream to cool down :lol:

We enjoyed our social distancing walk with Sue and Rob today, it was lovely being out and having a chat, we’ve made a date for same time next week.

Did your band come today @marcy?

Can’t wait for you to get your ring made @Niffler75.

So, I heard back from the bracelet people, they haven’t actually answered my questions, just sent me 2 more photos, so I need to get back to them again.

What do you think? Honest opinions welcome, I haven’t bought it, so no feelings will be hurt.

667FEE14-B4CD-4E07-B232-8C8695BC0CC3.jpeg 59D2B804-3240-42FC-83C2-A4D689779D3B.jpeg

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good day, :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Thanks for the kind words @Jimmianne , @Tekate , @missy . I don't tend to be unkind or rude, so I'm glad my comment about the tourists didn't come across that way.

@Mamabean what gorgeous homes you have!! Those gardens would be very relaxing.
@missy your pictures of the flowers/tress are just what the Dr. ordered! We are still very brown here, the leaves just starting to come out. But everyday a little more color. Hopefully the canopy issue is solved soon and you guys can head out.
@Austina your sure got some multi purpose cleaner! I was surprised at the MRSA claim, but what do I know. And the bracelet looks lovely. What is your opinion?
@marcy have a great cheesecake day!
@AV_ a proper cup of coffee is always very welcome!

It is overcast and a bit wet, but warm. Might go out for a stroll. Rode yesterday and walked last night as it was almost 20C after supper. My DH bike is in for repair and something is noisy on mine, so we all have bike issues!

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Nirdi's how's everyone doing? @missy hang in there strong friend. I'm scared to know what's happening but I hope you're ok. I hope your mom is feeling better! Your pics are just beautiful. When I take my walks, I think what pics would Missy be taking on this walk. Thanks for all of the wishes for my dad's birthday. I need to communicate with my parents a bit more to get some things sorted out. I'm doing fine, We are mailing my pear tonight so that is exciting. We are eating all meals this week from the freezer so that is nice not to have to cook! We are walking most mornings. Tuesdays are a bit slower for work so I got to enjoy a cup of hot tea this morning in my rocker outside which was glorious.
@Mamabean your gardens are glorious! Very beautiful and I can see why you spend all of your time out there.
@marcy Your cheesecakes look divine. You're making me want to slice a piece of my frozen cheesecake :lol: Is your ring coming in soon? Can't wait to see it. Hope you're loving your new fabulous earrings and necklace.
@Austina glad you got to walk with some friends, that sounds very nice. The bracelet is absolutely beautiful!
Hugs and sparkles to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like my ring; it's a bit snug on my right hand though. I believe it's slightly small for me but it's also quite warm here today and my other rings are not as loose. BTW I'm not jaundiced we have lots of warm lights in our house.

1589929775969.png

1589929848949.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I like my ring; it's a bit snug on my right hand though. I believe it's slightly small for me but it's also quite warm here today and my other rings are not as loose. BTW I'm not jaundiced we have lots of warm lights in our house.

1589929775969.png

1589929848949.png

It's really beautiful @marcy I love the marquis bezel rubies and the round diamonds. And I do love ruby set in YG! Gorgeous and perfect match to your new earrings.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne just smile and wave if someone is taking your picture; they are enjoying the view. I did chuckle at you seeing them peering over the fence. Too funny to open your garden for a fee; probably not worth the hassle though.

@canuk-gal I have never found you to be rude. Darn for having bike issues; I hope they are fixed soon. I did resist cheesecake today but Marty ate the one from yesterday (he passed on it last night) and I admit I was tempted to pull one out of the freezer.

@missy I don’t mind keeping busy or hard work; my concern about filling in for this employee for a week is that it’s not my area of expertise; I was put in charge of them but can’t say I’ve done the work very often. It’s similar to the other department I run but I’m not very familiar with their tools. I’ll be fine just hope I do the job okay. I am sure Greg will get the canopy ready to use in no time. Glad you decided to go to the PT for the next few weeks. I always like to be the first in the door. Your pictures are gorgeous as usual; so much color and greenery. And diamonds of course.
@AV_ good luck with your spring cleaning and I hope that bar opens soon. Those gilded cups are gorgeous. That’s amazing they are still making them.

@Mamabean sorry to hear your mom is driving you crazy but how nice David will give you hugs even though he doesn’t particularly like them. I hope the hair dye turns out well for you; the nice thing about hair is that is always grows out. Your yard is gorgeous. I bet it is a LOT of work though.

@Tekate I totally approve of John’s alcohol stash with the teddy bear. Good idea to protect it from the heat. Of course I’ve found teddy bears lying on and their face by open beer or wine bottles; Marty always claims they are drunk. He obviously has too much time on his hands. Sweet the pool is contracted. Building a house is like I said when we went to Pebble Beach - well we aren’t doing this to save money. You’ll be so happy to have your beautiful home and pool.

@Austina cooling down with ice cream is a good idea. We had a record high today here - it reached 83 degrees. Yes my band did arrive. I was all excited when Marty sent me a text were bringing a package to our door; I rushed to the door but it was the sheets I ordered from Tommy Bahamas. My band arrived about 2 hours later. That bracelet is pretty. If you like it and they take returns maybe have them send it so you can see it in person.

@bling_dream19 nice to go for walks in the morning and have freezer ready dinners. I am with you knowing our cheesecake is only a few steps away in the freezer. I had PB cookies instead for dessert tonight. Thank you for the kind words about my band and yes I am enjoying my earrings and pendant.

I was a good kid and didn’t hit the snooze button when my alarm went off. Strange day at work but probably that was more due to me anxiously waiting for the FedEx truck. We got the sheets I ordered from Tommy Bahama so I got those washed, washed the blanket and made up the bed. Tonight we’ll dream about being on some tropical island.

A thunderstorm moved through here a while ago but the wind blew it on out. We barely had a drop of rain from it. All thunder and no action.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies!

@Tekate woohoo Pool!!! YAY!!! When should we be there? :lol: Seriously I am so happy you are getting the pool. It's too hot to suffer in Texas without one. And I love you too girlie. You are da best. I am glad Chris is happy and Brooklyn is a great place to live. We are lucky to live in 2 amazing places and I really cannot complain even with all we are going through. Boo to the insurance company rejecting your rosacea med. I hope your dermatologist can get authorization so you can get it. What is the med you want? I know we discussed this before but I don't remember if it is metro gel or Soolantra. I love Soolantra and my insurance covers it for me but I know having Medicare can make things more complicated. if you want I will mail you a tube of Soolantra. I would be happy to do that for you. How are we? Not great but praying we will get through this too. When I say praying I mean non religious praying. And I am praying hard. Thanks for asking Great Kate so wonderful and wise. I am the lucky one. (((HUGS))).

@Mamabean wow I love all your pics. Your home is gorgeous. That garden delightful and of course your sweet fur baby. :love: I am sorry your mom is being a PITA. I am glad David is accepting hugs from you. He knows. I am also sending you big hugs. I am here for you

@Austina I LOVE the bracelet. So gorgeous. I hope you get it. SWOON! :love:
Thank you for all your support. I know we are strong but well even we have limits. I am scared but no need to go into details. It just sucks. I keep remembering that Churchill saying "when you are going through hell just keep going" I am paraphrasing but yeah it's one of my mantras. I hope you can see Adam and Kim soon in real life and in the meantime the face to face calls are helping ease the separation. I fear the USA is going to lapse very soon into a rebound. We will see. I am so glad you enjoyed your social distancing walk with Sue and Rob and that is a great way to see friends safely. Hugs and stay well. And keep us posted on that divine bracelet.

@bling_dream19 I hope you get to sort everything out you need to with your family. YAY for not cooking this week. Freezer meals are yummy and easy. Thank you sweet friend. I appreciate that. I don't know how to contact you offline...you can reach me on loupe troop if you want to. OMG so exciting that you mailed your pear. What is the ETA? Thank you for enjoying my photos. I enjoy sharing them with you. Big hugs. Hope today is a good day.

@marcy LOVE the ring! You made a great choice. It looks fantastic on you. Glad the thunderstorm didn't cause any damage or flooding. Glad work isn't upsetting you and you are taking it all in stride. WFH beats working in the office haha. Glad you got the sheets and now you are on a tropical vacation lol. Your bling is all amazbling. Your new pendant and earrings and now ring. This pandemic agrees with you :cheeky:. Hugs.

@Slick1 my heart is breaking for you. You remain in my thoughts and prayers and gentle hugs to you and Chase. You have given him the best possible life and done all you could. Now the ultimate gift when he is ready. That is true love. Selfless and giving and loving. It doesn't make it easier but I hope it puts your mind at rest knowing he will be at peace and did not suffer. I am here for you any time of day or night. You know that. {{{Hugs}}}.

@Niffler75 thank you dear girl for your lovely comments. I enjoy very much sharing with you. How is life going? What is the school situation by you? How is your DH's mini vacation going? Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes.

@canuk-gal bike issues are the norm when one rides a lot so we are all in good company lol. I hope you enjoyed a nice stroll. I am liking our daily hikes/walks and it is a nice change for us from the 9200?9300? miles we rode last year on the bike. Greg has put aside the canopy issue for now and went back to working on getting the old canopy ready so we can cycle sooner vs later. Though TBT I am in no rush atm to cycle. Too much on our minds. You wouldn't believe it if I told you so suffice to say life by us is NEVER boring. :( Anyway sweet Sharon sending you lots of hugs. Hope your mom and sister and entire family are all well and good. XOXO.

Greg and I had a good hike yesterday and then a telemedicine call with my NJ derm in the late afternoon. I am not trying to be mysterious but there are some things I just cannot talk about on PS. Suffice to say I am on new meds and it will be for months. See my above Winston Churchill quote. Yup. Anyway girls, please, I am asking for your good wishes and prayers for our kitties and for us. I believe in the power of positive thinking and good wishes and I know you girls are generous with both. Sending you all hugs and love. Leaving you with some photos of our hike/walk yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 7.19.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 7.18.34 AM.png

And LOL Gracie has the LONGEST tongue. I took a video last night as she lay on me cleaning herself and her tongue is scary long. :lol:
Here is a still shot from that video.
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 7.20.49 AM.png

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way girls,

bitmojiyourethebest.png

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies.

Quick update. Packing is going okay. Love the purging, was able to get rid of 5 big items this week, and sort thru my file cabinet (files older than 7 years went bye bye) but it just takes SO.MUCH.TIME. And, donated a HUGE bag of shoes and clothes, and I suspect at least 1 more huge (30 gal) bag of clothes to go. So it feels great to be free of stuff.

Unfortunately, my non-operative right knee (Pumpkin and his friends had to take out BOTH knees, torn right lateral meniscus that cannot be surgically repaired) kills me at the end of a big packing/moving day. So I think I'll have to balance heavy moving type packing day with a sorting type day. I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off, so I'll have a 5 day weekend for another big push, and considering taking Fridays off in June to help burn up some vacation and give me more time to pack. July 1 might have been a wee bit aggressive :)

But, my hair salon opens just after the holiday weekend. Thank GOD....my roots are driving me nuts.

The pictures have been gorgeous...particularly of that beach, oh how I will miss the New England Coast!!! Missy, your walk pictures are always gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

I do still harbor an idea of buying a vacation house on the Maine Coast, waiting for the real estate market to shake out....probably won't be for another year or two. Hoping to get my house on the market (gulp) a week from tomorrow. The previous owners didn't take care of it, and it was a fixer upper when I bought it. I tried to do some basic renovations, but with my travel schedule, I never was able to progress to finish the renovations. So, the house will need a contractor or someone willing to do a major rehab to get it back to its former glory. Good news is that the location is fantastic, our market is still strong, and I already have people sniffing around, so it should go quickly. Fingers crossed.

Okay, off to work. Happy Hump Day all :)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TechieTechie thanks for checking in with us and continued good luck wishes being sent your way. I am so sorry about your knee. You are doing an awesome job of organizing and moving and good luck with your house sale! And yasss to a vacation home in Maine when things settle down and the RE market is good for you. (((HUGS))) to you and Pumpkin.

So a few friends are back at work this week.

My friend M
mariabackatwork.jpg

My friend S

harley'sdhbackatwork.jpg

and H.
harleybackatwork.jpg

Good luck to everyone who is back at work!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

@missy Gosh Gracie does have a long tongue! My Oreo has worked out if she can't wake me up on a morning she grooms my ears! Yuck, but I do love her! :lol:
@Austina I so really like the bracelet. I hope they answer your qu so you can make a decision about whether to get it.
@marcy I love your ring, it's beautiful. I hope you get lots of joy out of wearing it.
@Slick1 My thoughts are with you!
@Austina Still waiting on the ring arriving from the caster but our post deliveries have been really hit and miss the last week or so.
I have been ogling peoples baking pics and trying to get myself together to do more myself but have been failing miserably. I really need to get myself more organised but DIY projects seem to have taken over for the moment!

I am hiding from the sun! ::)Unfortunately when the temperatures creep up it plays havoc with my body due to the Ehlers Danlos!

images.jpeg-5.jpg

Off to have an ice-cream! Take care everyone! x

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all . . .
Looking like tomorrow. My heart is breaking.

794931CE-EB4F-4235-BCCB-0240F40FF1F1.jpeg

And to follow @missy ‘s lead on the Bitmoji.

B0027DBE-13EE-4881-9D56-41FA4641121F.jpeg

((Hugs)) ♥️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry @Slick1, I know it’ll be a very hard day for you, we’ll all be thinking of you and hoping for a peaceful journey for your lovely boy. Be brave lovely, you’re doing the right thing.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Slick1 Oh lovely, hug Chase close and focus on the love and happy memories you share! We're here for you! ((Hugs)) x

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m soooo very sorry @Slick1 I agree with Austina..You are doing the right thing...I feel the pain of Gordie just knowing you are going through this. We’re here for you. XO

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, I am so very sorry. If your heart and head are telling you it's time, then it is. I know it is very painful and traumatic. Sending you lots of strength, comfort, and support. Will be keeping you in my thoughts. <3

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s been a scorcher today! Sorry it makes it so difficult for you @Niffler75, there’s no happy medium is there?

I’m glad to see your friends have suitable equipment @missy, hopefully it’ll keep them well protected and safe. I know there’s nothing you can do to change the situation, and yes, a lot of things Churchill said were very true, especially when you are going through hell, just keep moving and hope to come out the other side. For some reason, I keep getting pop up adds on a game I play, for a light therapy mask that helps rosacea. I don’t know if it’s something you and @Tekate know anything about, but I thought I’d mention it.

I’m glad you had a good hike yesterday, and as always, the photos are lovely, I can’t believe that tongue! It was really hot today, so we didn’t end up going out for a walk.

I thought Dottie had a big tongue, but Gracie is giving her a run for her money. Look at Harry’s happy face.

560F5323-7676-496C-AD2E-3E3EF6CE5916.jpeg E25E9D0A-661B-4631-893B-2F852B81AC4C.jpeg
I don’t know either whether it does kill everything it says on the container @canuk-gal , but my feeling is that Costco wouldn’t sell, or even be allowed to sell something that didn’t do what it said it did. Hopefully, we’ll never find out, but it’s worth a try.

I love the band @marcy, it looks beautiful and sits really well on your hand. Yikes to thunderstorms and heat, I always find those kind of high pressure days unsettling. Where did you go last night, Bahamas, Barbados, Aruba, or somewhere else ? :lol: I must admit, I’ve missed going on holiday somewhere nice, and wouldn’t mind being waited on hand and foot somewhere exotic. Oh well, I can try dreaming.

Sorry I missed wishing your Dad a happy birthday @bling_dream19, I hope he still managed to enjoy it despite the circumstances. How great not to have to cook this week, good planning!

We always laugh and say we’ve moved a lot because it’s a good way of getting rid of stuff we don’t want @TechieTechie. Glad it’s all going well and you’re cracking on with the decluttering. I shredded my medial meniscus in my right knew, and they shaved it all away, but there are times when my knee clacks, otherwise, it’s usually OK. Good idea to alternate heaving pack days, don’t over do it. What a lovely thing to look forward to, and I hope you get your dream home.

I heard back from the bracelet people, the lady was going to inspect the bracelet today and confirm the carat weight, colour and clarity for me. I also asked them about their return policy, because our Fed Ex office is closed, and she said it’s 14 days and they’d send a courier to collect it if I decided not to keep it. I’ll wait for the information before making a final decision but I really like it, so it could be my birthday present. :D

We were waiting for a delivery from Costco this morning, then our regular grocery shop this afternoon, but it was so hot, I really didn’t want to go out walking anyway.

We sat in the garden under our big parasol, listening to the breeze riffling through the trees and the birds singing. It’s nearly 9pm, and we’ve still got the windows open and the birds are still chirping! This was my view from the outdoor sofa.

041FA060-8397-4815-8E7F-465399F0AFE9.jpeg

Big hugs @Slick1, thinking of you and Chase.

Love and hugs to all the NIRDIs, stay safe :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Now, I know someone who died of this thing ,( Not an unexpected death, just one of those lives difficult to imagine ending at all ,(((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results