carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s

@Jimmianne thank you for the lovely compliments. I am enjoying my earrings. Your gate looks perfect; it suits your gorgeous garden really well.

@missy thank you for the purrrrrrfect compliment; I am totally loving my earrings. No worries about no sunspots - we are at solar minimum which is a usual 11 year / 22 year cycle. They’ll come back. The last time we had a long period of few to no sunspots was a 70 year period in the 17th century and the earth was noticeably colder during that spell known as Maunder Minimum. I’ll take my astronomy teacher hat off now. 80 sounds pretty warm there; we were in the 50’s today but it’s warm in the Sun. I think they have 70’s in the forecast next week for here. You and Greg will be out on the bike soon; good idea to make sure it’s in top notch shape before hitting the road with it.

@AV_ we had quite a bit of rain yesterday but it’s sunny today. Cool to plan on being the first customer at the cafe on Monday.

@Mamabean thank you. I agree I think the 3/4 carat range is great for a pendant. I was originally going to have the diamond mounted in a solitaire but Melissa at CBI suggested some vintage style mountings for it which led me to looking around Stuller and I ended up with that setting. I know you enjoyed having Shatzie visit today. Looking forward to your orange hair story. I gave myself Ronald McDonald orange hair one time; it was fun.

@bling_dream19 thank you. I like matching sets, as OCD as I am that is not surprising, eh? Enjoy a restful weekend. Is your porch enclosed?

@Tekate I’m with you on swiffers; what a great invention. Pretty much every time Marty cooks I run one over the kitchen floor. You can’t ask for more than your children being well and happy. Auti is so adorable; I smile every time I see her in your avatar now. Thank you for the kind words about my earrings. I am quite happy with them. Glad to see you worked out something to get your pool built now. Smart thinking on the lot layout to utilize the space and distance from neighbors and the street. Marty did a great job picking our lot; we have a greenway path on 2 sides so more room in that direction between us and our neighbors and then we lucked out our neighbor on the other side of us had a long house built instead of wide. He also picked out a spot where our walkout basement would be flat but the angle up to the front of our house was steep enough that we didn’t end up with any egress window wells.

canuk-gal that is great you have nice weather and no wind. That’s pretty crappy about your son’s bike and tire.

@Niffler75 I hope you are having a great weekend.

I had a wonderful day. i was let out of prison on dubious good behavior. We had lunch at a real restaurant, then walked around our botanic gardens, got the pickup washed and now Marty is napping. i ate so much i kind of have a stomach ache. I had a large chicken finger, fries, raw veggies and a 6 oz filet. I polished off 2 glasses of wine and we split a Creme Brulee.

I spent my first 2 hours today taking pictures of my earrings since the sun was shining. Those diamonds are fireballs.

Take care.
Marcy out on parole

Photos from the Park and Botanic Gardens
IMG_0974.JPG IMG_1355.JPG IMG_2320.JPG IMG_3220.JPG

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, I downloaded the image from the internet and printed it on photo paper.

I have fond memories of it...it was painted on the wall of the Mayflower Donut Cafe where I took my coffee break in the 60’s as a shop clerk.

Thank you @Jimmianne I don’t have my printer here in Maryland...I have the photo paper and printer in Pa...My husband is a genius.. but can’t work a computer or printer to save his life! :lol: I’ll have to buy one...:bigsmile:

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Hi NIRDIs, sorry to be popping in and out, but I made a big decision 2 weeks ago and things are moving quickly...so little time to be online. Apologies for not responding individually.

After living in Boston for 25+ years, I've decided to move back to my home state (Ohio). Although I will miss New England, I miss my family more, so I'm headed to Shaker Heights (suburb of Cleveland) on/around July 1. Have a SFH rented in OH (until I see how the local RE market settles) and preparing my Boston home for sale.

Will be a busy 6 weeks for sure, but I've been considering this move for awhile, so I was already 1/4 planned/packed. Sad and excited..but at least I'm not bored!

Well, off to pack. Hugs to all and hope everyone is staying safe and sane!

And, Pumpkin says hello to all as well (we participated in a local classic car club outing a few weeks back) :)

ChaufferingPumpkingaroundArlington.jpg

PumpkinTouringArlington.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate so wonderful! Yay it’s all coming together and there’s no rush. Just the need to get it right and within budget. Girlie I’m sending you continued good wishes and big hugs. Love you

@canuk-gal Oy it’s always something. Sorry about the bad luck your son had with his new bike but glad it’s an easy fix and that you’re both enjoying cycling. Hope you’re having a wonderful rest of the weekend. XO

@marcy thank you for that wonderful explanation! You’re a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate you sharing with us. Speaking of sharing with us swoon to your dazzling dangles. I love them. Welcome to the dangle earring club❤
So happy for you and experiencing freedom and eating out and all the gorgeous photos you took. Love. Hope today’s another great day. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 i will take pics when I can. It’s been nice here but stressful too. Not going into details but suffice to say our life continues to be very challenging. Hugs to you and so glad all is well. XO

@Mamabean aww thank you sweet Joanne. Hope you had an amazing visit with your dh. Hugs and love.

@AV_ is it raining today? Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. XO.

@Niffler75 I am with you. When is @Tekate ’s housewarming. We’ll be there with bells on. Hugs. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. XO.

@Austina hope all is well and you enjoyed a nice outing. XO.

@junebug17 good morning. Hope you’re having lovely weather and enjoying a happy weekend.

@TechieTechie congratulations on your move and wishing you all the best! Good luck on your home sale. Here for you whenever you have the time and desire. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you’re enjoying a lovely weekend. XO.

@Scandinavian hugs to all.

Hope I didn’t leave anyone out. Just a quick hello to all.
We had a hard hike yesterday lots of hills but it was good. I’m working out now as I spent my first 2 hours taking the GIA Diamond Essentials course.
Leaving you with a few pics from our hike yesterday. 16A6126C-F3DC-43F5-988D-A100437E7EF3.jpeg
Have a wonderful day girls. Hugs.

BB11D4DF-EE70-4D92-8004-962E99CA46D2.jpeg

04449375-C336-4079-9468-9B131260DAF0.jpeg

616A348C-E83B-46DD-A35D-B1471AA2BF8A.jpeg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Big hello and shout out to everyone! :wavey:
@TechieTechie Gosh big decision with your move. Wishing you all the best and hope everything goes smoothly for you!
@missy I've said it before and I sound like a broken record but I love your photos! We got out today for a walk and a drive, but I am keeping an eye on the temperature nudging up mid next week and will probably be hiding from the sun. o_O
@Mamabean Hi, I am trying to get the few GIA courses done but it's really hard to focus with also being available for my son. Although as he is getting older he is coping more now with dad doing things for him which gives me a bit of respite! ;)2
Hi @mrs-b @Scandinavian @Keeliamira my thoughts are with you.
Trying to catch up with people on other threads too!
My husband has 3 weeks on furlough then a review with possible return to work if safe to do so. He will be using the car and his workplace are trying to sort out the majority of people remote working and a core team on the office with social distancing etc on place. We shall see what happens.
Take care everyone. Will check on later! x

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDIs, sorry to be popping in and out, but I made a big decision 2 weeks ago and things are moving quickly...so little time to be online. Apologies for not responding individually.

After living in Boston for 25+ years, I've decided to move back to my home state (Ohio). Although I will miss New England, I miss my family more, so I'm headed to Shaker Heights (suburb of Cleveland) on/around July 1. Have a SFH rented in OH (until I see how the local RE market settles) and preparing my Boston home for sale.

Will be a busy 6 weeks for sure, but I've been considering this move for awhile, so I was already 1/4 planned/packed. Sad and excited..but at least I'm not bored!

Well, off to pack. Hugs to all and hope everyone is staying safe and sane!

And, Pumpkin says hello to all as well (we participated in a local classic car club outing a few weeks back) :)

ChaufferingPumpkingaroundArlington.jpg

PumpkinTouringArlington.jpg

Hi @TechieTechie oh I love classic car shows! Your pic made me smile. Congratulations on your move! That takes courage.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday Funday to all!
@missy hugs to you friend. I'm so sorry to hear there is stress. I hope you will be ok. Your pictures are gorgeous, especially the one overlooking the water and the open road. Sending you calm thoughts and lots of love.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! We did a zoom call with my dad for his birthday. I still haven't started cleaning the basement. I'm sending off my pear today to david Klass to be set in a pendant.
Sparkles and love to all!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi NIRDIs!
Hope everyone is having a happy weekend!

The weather is finally getting a bit warmer here, it was about time! I have been freezing in my new house. I have not been used to living in a big house so it was a shock remembering how cold they can be. I am still mainly home working on the house. I love it! Some things are so strange after all it is a big change. Tomorrow quarantine is over here. So we are technically free but I feel no urge doing much more than I have been doing in the last wow almost 12 weeks.

I can tell Many others are keeping themselves busy with home improvement. It is such positive energy! That and bling and of course pets but I no longer have any left and that pain is raw. But I am very busy with my gazillion emerald projects going on. And the bit of work there is.

I love your earrings @marcy!!! I tend to wear dangles but just now started wearing studs. I absolutely love studs but have practically no earlobes. What little bit there is is attached so not much fits. I have never seen another woman with an earlobe this small except my mom. And I do tend to like larger studs but experimenting what the largest size is that I can fit on there. The advantage is that a 40 pointer looks huge on me!

@Jimmianne I am so in love with your entire property, wow, wowzer girl!!! Like a dream totally!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoyed a nice weather day and cycled. Busy with bikes and joggers!! Changed my sons winter to summer tires--so I "lifted" yesterday. LOL

Our city is easing up on restrictions but I am in no rush to get to the mall. When I do it will be very "mindfull". Not that I ever spent much time at the mall aimlessly wondering around.

Was gong to cook prime rib but am too lazy. Then it was spaghetti carbonera . Nah to that also. My DH will eat leftovers. LOL

NIRDI shout out. Hope everyone is well.

cheers--Sharon:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Funday to all!
@missy hugs to you friend. I'm so sorry to hear there is stress. I hope you will be ok. Your pictures are gorgeous, especially the one overlooking the water and the open road. Sending you calm thoughts and lots of love.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! We did a zoom call with my dad for his birthday. I still haven't started cleaning the basement. I'm sending off my pear today to david Klass to be set in a pendant.
Sparkles and love to all!

D71E9B69-7CDD-435D-AC9E-48E71A60D15F.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoyed a nice weather day and cycled. Busy with bikes and joggers!! Changed my sons winter to summer tires--so I "lifted" yesterday. LOL

Our city is easing up on restrictions but I am in no rush to get to the mall. When I do it will be very "mindfull". Not that I ever spent much time at the mall aimlessly wondering around.

Was gong to cook prime rib but am too lazy. Then it was spaghetti carbonera . Nah to that also. My DH will eat leftovers. LOL

NIRDI shout out. Hope everyone is well.

cheers--Sharon:wavey:

A91E60B3-9371-419A-A0C3-D9ED37698811.jpeg
I agree. No rush to get back to crowds at all. Stay safe.

We all need more
D4B7AF59-7E49-4B40-B9E6-1B1DC98A15CD.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!
Hope everyone is having a happy weekend!

The weather is finally getting a bit warmer here, it was about time! I have been freezing in my new house. I have not been used to living in a big house so it was a shock remembering how cold they can be. I am still mainly home working on the house. I love it! Some things are so strange after all it is a big change. Tomorrow quarantine is over here. So we are technically free but I feel no urge doing much more than I have been doing in the last wow almost 12 weeks.

I can tell Many others are keeping themselves busy with home improvement. It is such positive energy! That and bling and of course pets but I no longer have any left and that pain is raw. But I am very busy with my gazillion emerald projects going on. And the bit of work there is.

I love your earrings @marcy!!! I tend to wear dangles but just now started wearing studs. I absolutely love studs but have practically no earlobes. What little bit there is is attached so not much fits. I have never seen another woman with an earlobe this small except my mom. And I do tend to like larger studs but experimenting what the largest size is that I can fit on there. The advantage is that a 40 pointer looks huge on me!

@Jimmianne I am so in love with your entire property, wow, wowzer girl!!! Like a dream totally!

2D75748B-4019-470E-9972-EA0C3AC04A54.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big hello and shout out to everyone! :wavey:
@TechieTechie Gosh big decision with your move. Wishing you all the best and hope everything goes smoothly for you!
@missy I've said it before and I sound like a broken record but I love your photos! We got out today for a walk and a drive, but I am keeping an eye on the temperature nudging up mid next week and will probably be hiding from the sun. o_O
@Mamabean Hi, I am trying to get the few GIA courses done but it's really hard to focus with also being available for my son. Although as he is getting older he is coping more now with dad doing things for him which gives me a bit of respite! ;)2
Hi @mrs-b @Scandinavian @Keeliamira my thoughts are with you.
Trying to catch up with people on other threads too!
My husband has 3 weeks on furlough then a review with possible return to work if safe to do so. He will be using the car and his workplace are trying to sort out the majority of people remote working and a core team on the office with social distancing etc on place. We shall see what happens.
Take care everyone. Will check on later! x

49AB2CE3-7421-45C2-8CD1-BF4600125824.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All dressed up with strawberries. They were delicious. I did get some grief i forgot to get us some whipping cream.

1589760661826.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Mamabean you may as well get a printer for Maryland, eh? Isn’t that the luck with multiple houses - what you want is at the other place.

@TechieTechie that is awesome to move back where your family lives. The car show looks great. Our city has been having a cruising night every Saturday and a lot of cool classic cars show up for that. It’s fun. Hi Pumpkin.

@missy sorry it’s been stressful there at the beach; I hope as you get settled and situated again that improves. Beautiful pictures from your hike yesterday and I hope you are enjoying your GIA classes.

@Niffler75 I hope your DH and his company get them all back to work; juggling the work from home and making sure it’s safe to go back to work has to be a big challenge for companies. I was thinking today I need to get my team away from using the same notebooks for our work. The 2 working from home should have it figured out by now but the 2 in the office not so much. One of them hates change but I wouldn’t be surprised if that isn’t a company stipulation.

@bling_dream19 happy birthday to your dad! I can’t wait to see your pear pendant.

@Sunstorm that’s great you are loving your new house. Our ceilings but upstairs and downstairs are 10 feet or more and it makes it harder to keep warm. Our man cave is noticeable colder than upstairs. Thank you for the compliments on my earrings. That is an advantage that .40 carats look huge on you. In addition to have small earlobes my right one kind of curls down which becomes noticeable with larger studs. I then to like 4mm or 5mm on me.

@canuk-gal lifting tires certainly count! Nice you went for a bike ride.

I slept in until about 8. We went and got my car washed about 11 and stopped at the grocery store. Marty grilled us some tenderloin and corn on the cob. We had mini cheesecake with strawberries for supper. Marty had some cheese raviolis for his supper before his dessert.

I got laundry done, dishes multiple times and got all my chores done around the house with the exception of washing the table cloth. I’ll do that tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Aw hi Missy! pretty marvelous that you are taking the GIA course.. and your hiking and pictures make my day Missy, thank you for sharing sweetie. I hope you can get settled at the beach soon too Missy. Miss you and hope you are doing okay and Greg is too and the kids.. love you Missy. thank you for being here for me.. :) xoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 sending big hellos from Texas! hoping your husband can return to work soon.. how's the little guy? you sound good, it's good to be alive if not scary a bit! hugs to you and your family Niffler xoxox

@bling_dream19 oooh cannot wait to see your pendant when you get it back from David, he will probably post t on Insta! sending hugs to you
xoxo

@Sunstorm we need pix of these emeralds! for me, maybe when the virus is under control you could get another pet? I think pets are a commitment for sure, I stopped traveling because I hated leaving my dog at the kennel.. sending a hi and hug to you!!!

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoops posted early!

@canuk-gal spaghetti carbonara! let me know, I'll be there.. but I am always in favor of leftovers! xoxoxo

@marcy Hey girl.. you've made cheesecakes before, I LOVE CHEESECAKE Marcy.. so versatile and so delish the pix's look awesome and for me, I'm not big fan of whipped cream.. don't know why but I just am not so I'll dig in for those strawberries! looks delicious Marcy it really does.. spring, summer and strawberries.. reminds of being a kid.. sending love, hugs and his to you girl xoxoxoxo

@Mamabean hi MB, hope you are doing well and David too and your mom.. sending you a huge Kate hug!

@AV_ Hi AV! hope you are well and happy and safe from covid 19! xoxoxo

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi girl! sending hugs your way xoxoxoxo

getting sleepy and am gonna hit the bed.

sending love to you all

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate have sweet dreams! My strawberries did remind me of strawberry shortcake which is definitely a good summer dish. I left 2 cheesecakes in the frig so we can have an instant replay tomorrow. Have a great week!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, I'm glad that Chris is doing well in Brooklyn and everyone in the family is good. Nice that Chris can work from home until September; my ds loves working from home and wishes he could do it permanently lol. We're in South Carolina and will stay here until dh has to go back into the office. Glad you had a great Mother's Day with Mike and family and you got to see your precious Auti. She looks too cute in that pic. Mike and Cara's house looks fantastic and I'm really happy for them. Wow, your pool plans sound fabulous! What a gorgeous space it's going to be.

@missy, glad you made it to the beach house and everyone is doing well and settling in. Looks like the kitties feel right at home. They all look so sweet and content. It's great that Ollie and Gracie are such good friends now, so cute and they sound happy being a part of your family. Beautiful pics of the area and of Bubbalah, and it's nice that walking and being outdoors is less stressful there. Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes, had long chats with the kids and it made the day special. Sorry you're dealing with some stressful stuff and I hope things work out.

@marcy, it's really nice you're writing letters to the seniors. I'm sure they're lonely and bored and your letters will help. I shared your company's protocol with dh and it was helpful to him. His office won't open until at least June 22. I love the ruby band you decided on...I was too late to vote but I would have voted for that one! And your diamond dangles are absolutely beautiful, I really love them and they look perfect on you. They go with your pendant so well too. Getting new bling is the best. I'm glad you had a great day...eating out and seeing all those beautiful blooms sounds wonderful. Your cheesecakes look so, so good.

@Mamabean, you definitely have a lot of things going on and lots to do, and I hope you get a little downtime here and there. I know it's hard being in the house for so long and trying to keep everyone happy lol. Congrats on your new phone, enjoy it! I hope you had a great visit with Shatzie. I know it's been tough not having your husband with you and you're handling things really well. <3

@Slick1, thinking of you and hoping Chase is doing ok.

@TechieTechie, sending you lots of good wishes and good luck with the move! Will be great for you to be closer to family. Love the pics of Pumpkin, he is adorable.

@canuk-gal, glad you're able to get out for walks and cycling, it's a nice break from being inside all the time. Ugh to your son's tire blowing, it's always something!

@Austina, I'm so glad you and Colin can get out for walks now, really helps to be out in the fresh air. Very nice you're going to go for a walk with your friend too. That spinone puppy is adorable! I really wish you could get another dog but I totally understand why it's better if you wait.

@Daisys and Diamonds , things are opening up here in South Carolina too, but like you I'm not in any rush to do anything different yet. Hope you, Gary, and the kitties are doing well.

@bling_dream19 , your cheesecake looks delicious! Lol to wearing your bling with your pajamas, I do the same! Cheers me up. Looking forward to seeing your new band. I'm sorry about the stress concerning upcoming holidays. I think everyone feels on edge and not sure what to do, so you're not alone. I'm glad you got some sleep and are feeling a lot better...a good night's sleep can work wonders.

@AV_, I hope you took after Missy's kitty and had a relaxing weekend. I'm glad you have some interesting work to take with you to your cafe, I'm sure they'll be happy to see you and you'll be happy to be back!

@Jimmianne, your garden looks AMAZING! You have done a wonderful job, and I'm glad you have had something to do that is so rewarding. All your hard work has paid off, it is such a beautiful place now. And the new gate is gorgeous! I can't get over the transformation, it looks like a completely different place!

@Niffler75 , I love your YAG! Gorgeous color and the cut is so different and pretty. Sounds like you and your family are coming up with ways to keep busy and entertained. I know it's not always easy to do lol. I'm glad you have your dh with you for several more weeks, and hopefully the transition will go smoothly.

Hi @Sunstorm! Love reading about your jewelry plans, I have been looking at emerald rings myself lately. big cocktail ones LOL. Love emeralds. I am so sorry you have lost furbabies recently, I know it's such a painful experience. Congratulations on your new house and have fun working on it!

Things are good with me, family and friends are all healthy so I'm happy. I'm managing to keep busy so the days go by pretty quickly. We'll probably just stay here in South Carolina until dh has to go back to the office. It's been warm and sunny here so I've been spending some time outside. Here's a pic of the beach down here, hopefully it stays this empty haha.
296687A7-AFDE-4BD4-B393-3CAAF72326DB.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, June.
Gosh, the beach looks beautiful. I’m sure being able to walk the beach has helped you stay calm and balanced.

I hope you have it to yourself for a good long while.

The tourists started appearing here in droves this weekend, talking loudly, kids screaming, groups staring through my garden gate, watching me work, taking photos. I cringe LOL

We’ve been very lucky to do the stay at home in serene places...now to get used to sharing them again. :-

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, I'll be back later. Heading to my first PT session at the shore. I am second guessing the wisdom of this decision and this might be my last PT session during Covid 19 times but going today because I have made a commitment and don't want to be a no show. But I hope this isn't a huge mistake. See you later. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got back from PT and I love my therapist. She’s great. Wearing a mask otoh not so great. Lol here’s a dorky video from the session.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, June.
Gosh, the beach looks beautiful. I’m sure being able to walk the beach has helped you stay calm and balanced.

I hope you have it to yourself for a good long while.

The tourists started appearing here in droves this weekend, talking loudly, kids screaming, groups staring through my garden gate, watching me work, taking photos. I cringe LOL

We’ve been very lucky to do the stay at home in serene places...now to get used to sharing them again. :-

People had never seen someone garden before? :roll: eyiyi. At least they stayed on the other side of the fence!!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @marcy I :kiss2: the earrings on you, they’re the perfect size , I don’t think I’d want bigger because they’re so wearable IYKWIM. :lol: Tell Marty what good taste he has, when are you expecting the band to arrive? Yay for getting out on parole, you certainly made the most of your freedom. You must’ve been a model prisoner to get lunch out and a stroll around the botanical gardens. Did you have the day off today, nice to be able to sleep in, I seem to have got in to the habit of being wide awake at 4am:roll: Your cheesecakes look:lickout:

Love the gates @Jimmianne, I’m not a fan of anything over fussy or too ornate, and yours are just perfect. Do you think you should charge admission to the tourists if they’re going to gawp? :mrgreen: Has your new ring arrived yet?

Aww phooey to your DS get a puncture @canuk-gal, glad it was a relatively easy fix. Glad your weather co-operated with you for a good ride.

What great news you like the therapist @missy, it makes all the difference to like whoever is torturing you :D I’m not too bothered about the brooch DK said I’d have to be very careful with it, and I don’t want something I’d be afraid to wear. Still not heard back from the other people about the bracelet either, oh well, if they don’t want my business, there’ll be others who do. We got this stuff from Costco, had to order 2 X 5L, I wonder if they have something similar there? Says it’s kills Corona.
0F5B544C-D7F5-4683-823B-E0478BE81D7A.jpeg
Sweet kitty pics, it’s amazing how relaxed they are, oh to be a kittykat! Thinking of them and you, and hoping for the best. Sorry it was too warm to get out on Saturday, it was lovely here, but quite windy, so although we sat outside, it wasn’t for too long.

Awww @TechieTechie Pumpkin looks very regal in his chariot! Wow, busy and exciting time for you, good luck with all the packing it’ll be quite an adventure moving back home.

Love the plan for the pool area @Tekate, it’s going to be a great space and so glad you get to have what you want. Hopefully it’ll be all systems go and the house will get built quickly (and well!) and you can get settled in. I’m so looking forward to see it when we finally get to Tx for a visit (IF we’re invited of course :cool2:) It’s all getting real now. Glad to hear all the family are keeping well, are Mike & Cara all settled in to their new place now? All good here and there, we’re keeping safe and healthy.

What a great view @junebug17 I don’t blame you for staying as long as you can, there’s something so peaceful and restorative about being near the beach. My greataunt and uncle lived at the beach, and as children we always went there in the summer and loved it. The only downside for them was the salt in the air would strip the paint right off the window frames!

Sorry your house is so cold @Sunstorm older houses are definitely less well insulated than new, but make up for it with character and charm. Glad things are starting to warm up there, we’re having such lovely weather here, but not going anywhere anytime soon.

Did you make it to the cafe to be the first customer @av- ?

How‘re things with you @Niffler75, have you given the go ahead for your new ring?

So, I got my antibody test result yesterday, and it was negative :( I know a positive result doesn’t really make any difference, I was just hoping I’d had it because I didn’t feel too ill.

We spent the weekend giving the house a good clean, other than that didn’t really do much. I had a quick chat with Shirley yesterday as they were going out to brunch, she seemed ok, and they’re all fine. The guy came to replace the tyres today, he said whatever we’d picked up, it’d ripped a huge hole in the tyre o_O Thank goodness we made it home. Our neighbour’s gardener came and did some trimming for us too, so that’s another job done. We spent over an hour this evening Face Messaging our friends in Iowa, lovely to catch up with them and see them, as we haven’t seen them for a couple of years since they came and stayed with us.
Going to socially distance walking with Sue and Rob tomorrow, so it’ll be lovely to see them again, haven’t seen them for over 8 weeks.

This week is meant to be really good weather, so it’ll be great to get out and enjoy it.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week, onwards and upwards :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
HI everyone, quick check in this evening.
@Austina A mould has been made for my ring to be cast. I am hoping to have it very soon, then I can get the ruby set and it all polished up.
@missy So glad you like your new PT. I know you were worried. Are you going to have any more sessions?
@Jimmianne Ugh to tourists. When I lived in Scotland we were in a national park area not far from Loch Lomond and the Cairngorms! The tourists descending in the summer were a bit of a nightmare!
@junebug17 Lovely pic of the beach! I find the seaside so calming. I miss Whitby where I used to live.
We are all on here. Things are just ticking along with nothing super exciting to report!
I'll check in tomorrow, everyone. x
Here is a picture of a cinnabar moth we saw today on our walk!

20200518_113547.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
@junebug I doubt that your beach will remain that empty; but what a view! Glad to hear all of you are doing well. Good idea to stay there until you DH has to go back in to the office. I bet it is quite a chore for your husband to get his company’s protocol written out. Thank you for your vote on my rings and compliments on my earrings; the ruby band is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Enjoy that beach for me.

@Jimmianne oh no the tourists have arrived. Hang up a sign I’m not French so don’t bother taking my photo. Ha Ha.

@missy glad you liked your therapist and therapy session. Nice.

@canuk-gal maybe French gardens are different? That is rather strange though.

@Austina thank you for the compliments on my earrings; I couldn’t be happier with them. If I can get my hair cut I might see them more too. Ha Ha. My band arrives tomorrow; I am anxious to see it. Trust me I didn’t get paroled for good behavior. I did work today but have next Monday off. Oh no for waking up at 4 am; that is about the time Marty wakes up too. Darn you didn’t get a positive test result; IMO the best result is positive and you had such a mild case you never knew you had it. You were lucky to get home with your tire that bad. I am glad it is fixed now. You have a fun and busy week planned. Sweet.

@Niffler75 your ring will be here before you know it. Nice.

I didn't hit my snooze alarm this morning and logged in 5 minutes early. Woo hoo!!! The employee who quit on Friday was one of a 2 person team. The other team member decided to go on vacation for a week in 3 weeks. I'd best get myself refreshed on doing their work.

Marty was at the gym all day. He apparently had breakfast at his favorite breakfast burrito place; I follow his exploits through his debit charges.

I had a BLT for lunch and a burger and strawberries for supper. Followed by another mini cheesecake.

Our latest order from Omaha Steaks arrived; it was quicker this time. I put the bacon wrapped filets in the refrigerator for lunch or supper tomorrow. Hopefully it’s not too windy to grill. We can have our other ear of corn with the steaks.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, re: photographed by tourists. I know, crazy.
Maybe it would help if I took the snail off my gardening hat.

92A97534-9C2E-4F58-BD53-F2B81610567C.jpeg

Actually the problem is, people can only see the view through my gate and I just happen to be in the way.
I realize now I’ve been peering into other people’s gardens & taking pictures since I first came here and never thought it was an intrusion at all. lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results