shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy How did it go with the PT today? I don’t blame Greg for being a little firm with him...I asked my friend about it because she had PT for her knee..She said she cried during the sessions..and would yell at the PT to stop. The therapist explained that it was going to hurt worse during and after the session but it was necessary. My friend apologized to her afterwards..and the PT said they were use to it..She said she knew that she was making her hurt more..but it was important so she would regain the motion in her knee..I’m not saying this is true in Greg’s case..but I thought I would mention what my friend told me. I hope it didn’t hurt as much this time.
Ollie does have the face that says he’s cooking up something. I would take Tommy and Bobby in your bedroom at night and leave Ollie outside the closed door..:shifty:
@Jimmianne I still don’t know if you’re still in France...If you’re not I have no idea where you are either! :lol: BTW Kate and I are around the same age..I’m married..I live in Pa but have a house in Maryland that we go to pretty much every other weekend. I have three sons..all adults...Chris is the oldest...Scott is the middle guy.He‘s married to Allie..I have one grandchild who is two years old and she’s expecting another baby in June. My youngest has Autism...and the love of my life...I also have an 11 year old dog I rescued from the carcass of a cow in Missouri when he was three months old! Oh..I forgot my mother! Haha! She’s 94 and lives with me.. Your turn!

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I'd never get that close to a cow carcass...

@missy How is Greg? You must be counting down pills... ,(
On my side, I got hooked to my papers, listening to the wind as the weather broke & didn't go anywhere [hours are so short!]; this Sunday better be a proper holiday.

@Jimmianne If you forget, I will not remember. [recalling you had irises flowering in a French garden last Spring - I love those! Just a couple of weeks away here.]

DONE with the day! 02:37

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening NIRDIs!

@marcy thanks Marcy I hope this ring looks good.. if not I can wear it with my old engagement ring I guess. How's things are Marty's work? your lifting is amazing.. xo

@Slick1 Drop me a line and let me know how things are going.. hope you are doing amazing. xo

@canuk-gal I had a setting once that I had evened out and I lost the 18K mark inside it but mine wasn't changing the size it was adding gold to even out wear on the ring. hope you are well! xo

@Austina hope your weather has improved and it's great to have a choice in providers, where we are building we will have to have a dish because there's nothing there. :( How's the son and fiancee and husband? and you :) xoxo and John will be 70 this year too! I didn't realize that when we met for lunch.. :)

@missy the Marvelous Missy! you sound good today and thank you for you magnificent remarks! Autie is so much fun.. my ring is in Austin and will go out for delivery tomorrow so I'm stuck here waiting John is going to the yacht club to work on the boat so I'll hang here with Salley. It must be signed for so I am hoping they ring the bell because lately FEDEX just dumps our stuff on the front porch. I'm still wary of what this ring is it says F color SI1 only 14K gold but it's relatively cheap compared to other rings I priced out around the vendors.. we shall see, if I don't like it I can wear it by itself.. EVER is a I color and if this is really and F color then it might look weird (don't want to take anything away from EVER!).. I am sorry that Greg is still in pain.. since I didn't have TKR just a THR everything can be different Did Greg have minimally invasive surgery? I'm not even sure if they do that on knees. I have minimally invasive surgery on both hips, with the 2nd one being not as successful as the first imh. I had pain for 2 weeks and then things started to improve, like I said, I slept sitting on for 2 weeks I couldn't even lie down it was too painful.. is he taking anything to prevent clotting? my doc had me take an aspirin a day but I know other people who had to take blood thinners.. When do you go in and see the surgeon? maybe they should xray him again.. it sucks to be in pain I know. sending you a loving huge hug Missy I know how much you love Greg and hate to see him in pain.. xoxoxo

@Niffler75 Hi! spessarite! it's beautiful.. I love England! I've been there once and thought the people were wonderful, I stayed in London for 3 days and did tours I wanted to live there.. I love the British Museum, I thought it a wondrous place.. I stayed in Bloomsbury and loved it. Hope your snow is quick and short! xo

@Jimmianne I moved from Maine to Texas but don't plan on ever moving to Europe, altho I would love to. I'm getting a new ring tomorrow I hope I thought Ever needed a pal. How's things with you and your eyes? are you having both eyes done before you go back to your home in France? Do you think you will sell the farm and live permanently in France? aren't I nosey! (yes I am). I haven't seen your new ring, I will check back in the thread to see if you posted a pix. hope you are feeling good and seeing perfectly xoxoxo

@Mamabean GREAT news about a new grand.. I send love and happy dust for a easy pregnancy and easy delivery! how exciting.. so happy for you. Did you say you are going to sell one of the houses when DH retires ?? I hope your Chris is progressing, my Chris is very cagey about life (his) and his future.! As I have said before I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RING! I love how you use Mr Klass he makes exquisite pieces. When I first found PS the big ring vendor was Victor Canera but I've not seen a ring he's done for anyone in years..Caysie von bebber and Mr Klass are the big vendors today.. I'm not sure exactly what you are saying with the baguettes, I think you are using baguettes you have from another ring right? so hopefully he can measure and place the correctly, because I think this is going to be a real knockout Joanne I really do! xoxoxoxo

@AV_ Hi hope your weather is wonderful and you are getting what you need to get done! done! xo

Today we spent hours with the architect going over the latest plans for the house. We needed to fit the house between some trees so he had to move the master, change the office, change the master and master bathroom. We both like the new plan a lot (John and I) so we will send the architect an email requesting he start working the the side elevation.. then we are putting in an outdoor kitchen so he needs to design that after we finish the house and after that we get a bid from the builder :) tedious..

So tomorrow my ring is to come no later than 8:00 pm CST. I hate waiting (most people do!) so I will try to get a pix up tomorrow. I won't do a "show me the bling" posting because it's not much of a ring.. :) Weather was nice today high of 64F(17.7C) going to start looking about for a cleaning lady (or service).. tired of vacuuming and swiffering, Salley is shedding! Going out to brunch with our best friends, Mike Cara and Autie Sunday morning or for late lunch, not sure yet!

Hope all NIRDIs are enjoying life!

xoxoxoxoxo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I’m heading to bed but just wanted to reassure you that I have no doubt your eternity ring is going to be gorgeous. Your diamonds will be very secure. 14k white gold gets a bad rap IMHO. It’s very sturdy for jewelry. I ordered my temporary setting in 14k white gold for my ACA. I know the diamond will be safe in that setting until I decide if I will trade it up next year. It’s a lovely color too...I’ll be on the road but will check in to see when you get it. xxxooo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Scandinavian I bet Furbaby F could teach Oliver some things.

@missy I think the problem with Marty’s job is he’s in a dying industry that everyone is moving away from except for big companies who are trying to hang on to what they’ve already got. We will see. Sadly I’m in the same industry. I want to apologize if I worried you about that lady’s knee being infected - I just repeated what my sister said then I thought about 30 minutes later - Hey that was stupid. I hope PT went okay and Greg is not in so much pain. Great pictures of the kitties.

@Niiffler75 a carbo coma sounds like time for a nap. Good idea to stock up on rations before the snow hits. I love your spessartite ring, they are such pretty stones.

@Austina I am hoping it’s a good sign Marty is still there - so far. He had a ribbon cutting ceremony today with the Chamber of Commerce; it went okay. I hope he gets a new customer or 2 out of it. I hope Colin is feeling better. You and Colin sound like us - I am organized and plan ahead and Marty waits till the last minute. What you said about Colin retiring sounds like us - I figure we’d get on each other’s nerves pretty fast. My dad worked 2 jobs 5 days a week for over 40 years; when he retired my mom started doing volunteer work. He was driving her crazy.

@Mamabean I am probably OCD about planning things but trust me I have a closet that needs cleaned out too. Marty and I don’t do everything together and I think we both like some alone time. Yes, my heart is .8 carat. That is too bad your mom won’t buy herself things she might enjoy. Her generation does tend to be thrifty and save money. I amazed myself at lifting 82 pounds. Thanks. That’s a funny story about snow in Houston. My sister and BIL lived in Dallas and they have a light snow one day and my BIL was the only one who showed up at work. They cancelled school and everything.

@Jimmianne I totally remember you were making charts to keep track of everyone. Cool.

@AV_ did the storm break yet? I hope you do rest up on Sunday.

@Tekate I am anxious for you to get your ring and see it with pretty Ever. Marty took today off; I hope things smooth over for him. That’s great you got the floor plan figured out to save the trees. Progress. Sweet.

Speaking of Marty not being organized he sends me a text about an hour before his ribbon cutting ceremony asking me to go get a table for his snacks. I came home and got it for him and picked up a table cloth. I had to park about a block from his place, carry the table across the street walking ini to the wind; I was thinking no way could I have done this before. Sweet.

Tomorrow is Friyay!

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
. I will need to upload some pics of mine!
Oh yes please!! Love all animals, at least the ones with legs... lol

Looks like the UK may be in for some snow in the next 4 days.

I’m a good stone throw to your east. I hope we get some snow too! Love snow! (Not kidding)

we’re trying to fill our time going to the gym.
How about a new little furry friend? The smaller ones you can take with you in the cabin when flying?

and then gave up trying to make perfect sense of things. We are a busy bunch!
Thankfully not only me who has a hard time keeping up lol! I’m in the cold north but you know that lol.

DONE with the day! 02:37
Oh my! Take care of yourself! That’s like the old me and that’s not always fun.. But today is Friday! :)

So tomorrow my ring is to come no later than 8:00 pm CST
Pictures pretty please?

@Scandinavian I bet Furbaby F could teach Oliver some things.
Lol yes she doesn’t take “puppy behaviour” for a second longer than she wants to lol.

@Austina I am hoping it’s a good sign Marty is still there - so far. He had a ribbon cutting ceremony today with the Chamber of Commerce; it went okay. I hope he gets a new customer or 2 out of it.
Fingers crossed!

. I had to park about a block from his place, carry the table across the street walking ini to the wind; I was thinking no way could I have done this before. Sweet.
You are really getting strong!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, how is Greg - and the PT guy - doing? Hope they are both well lol. Hugs to you both (you and Greg, not the PT guy...)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovely ladies. Happy FriYAY.

@missy the Marvelous Missy! you sound good today and thank you for you magnificent remarks! Autie is so much fun.. my ring is in Austin and will go out for delivery tomorrow so I'm stuck here waiting John is going to the yacht club to work on the boat so I'll hang here with Salley. It must be signed for so I am hoping they ring the bell because lately FEDEX just dumps our stuff on the front porch. I'm still wary of what this ring is it says F color SI1 only 14K gold but it's relatively cheap compared to other rings I priced out around the vendors.. we shall see, if I don't like it I can wear it by itself.. EVER is a I color and if this is really and F color then it might look weird (don't want to take anything away from EVER!).. I am sorry that Greg is still in pain.. since I didn't have TKR just a THR everything can be different Did Greg have minimally invasive surgery? I'm not even sure if they do that on knees. I have minimally invasive surgery on both hips, with the 2nd one being not as successful as the first imh. I had pain for 2 weeks and then things started to improve, like I said, I slept sitting on for 2 weeks I couldn't even lie down it was too painful.. is he taking anything to prevent clotting? my doc had me take an aspirin a day but I know other people who had to take blood thinners.. When do you go in and see the surgeon? maybe they should xray him again.. it sucks to be in pain I know. sending you a loving huge hug Missy I know how much you love Greg and hate to see him in pain.. xoxoxo

Kate the Great and Wise and Wonderful, good morning. I hope the ring arrives soon and that the Fed Ex delivery person rings your bell. And most importantly it looks amazing with Ever (ever gorgeous Ever). I hear you re the color difference and hopefully it will look beautiful together. Ever (and you) deserves no less.

Greg's surgery unfortunately was not minimally invasive. He had no meniscus left and I believe minimally invasive knee surgery is arthroscopic surgery vs total knee replacement. He is feeling better today, thanks for asking sweet Kate. He is very stiff though and I just dont know the normal course of recovery but I feel his setback on Tuesday has made him more cautious re the exercises and I don't like that. But I am not pushing or nagging him (much lol) and will let him be in control. Though it goes against my very being as I like to control the situation. In this case I am leaving it to Greg and his wisdom. We don't see the surgeon for another 2 weeks so I just hope Greg is doing enough ROM exercises.

He is taking one aspirin (325mg) in the AM and one in the PM to help prevent clotting. I think they will Xray him again when he sees the surgeon in 2 weeks but I don't know for sure.

Hope brunch was delicious and the company wonderful and glad you reworked the architect plans to make it work in the space you want it to...and also woohoo on an outdoor kitchen. LOVE a beautiful and functional outdoor kitchen. Sweet.

Kate the Great good luck with your ring arrival today. Hoping it comes sooner vs later and that you love it with Ever. Hugs and love to you girlie. XOXO.

@missy How did it go with the PT today? I don’t blame Greg for being a little firm with him...I asked my friend about it because she had PT for her knee..She said she cried during the sessions..and would yell at the PT to stop. The therapist explained that it was going to hurt worse during and after the session but it was necessary. My friend apologized to her afterwards..and the PT said they were use to it..She said she knew that she was making her hurt more..but it was important so she would regain the motion in her knee..I’m not saying this is true in Greg’s case..but I thought I would mention what my friend told me. I hope it didn’t hurt as much this time.
Ollie does have the face that says he’s cooking up something. I would take Tommy and Bobby in your bedroom at night and leave Ollie outside the closed door..:shifty:

Haha yes Oliver is a handful and I would prefer sleeping with Tommy and Bobby but we leave food out for them overnight so keep Oliver with us. None of this ideal. So from my understanding TKR is very painful and therapy (according to Greg's surgeon) not supposed to be aggressive but each surgeon has their own method so who knows what is best. All I know is the surgeon told Greg no aggressive exercises. ROM only for now. The PT wants to do strength exercises too but Greg adamantly said no yesterday and he is now following the surgeon's orders. We will see how it goes. It went OK yesterday but Greg did give Feb (the PT guy) a piece of his mind about the overly aggressive therapy on Tuesday. So Feb dialed it back but he didn't agree. This is not my field so I do not know what the best approach is and have to trust either the surgeon or the therapist. And they are saying different things. So at this point in time going with the surgeon.

Joanne, I enjoyed the synopsis and though I remembered all your details I always enjoy hearing them again and they are a good refresher for newcomers. Haha. I think you are in PA now but are you going to Maryland today? I think you went last weekend? Oy, so I don't remember all the details. Hugs to you and to David and to your DH too. And the fur baby. XOXO.

@missy How is Greg? You must be counting down pills... ,(
On my side, I got hooked to my papers, listening to the wind as the weather broke & didn't go anywhere [hours are so short!]; this Sunday better be a proper holiday.

Hello dear @AV_ we are doing OK on the meds. Big relief. He still has the 42 pills left from the second RX on Monday and has not yet finished the first bottle. He was taking pain meds around the clock the first 2 days but it slowed down on Monday and picked up on Tuesday and Wednesday but slowed down yesterday thankfully. Not sure how it is going to go but so far we are set for the weekend so not calling for more pain meds at least til next week and hopefully not then either. Fingers crossed.

Glad the weather broke and the wind can be fierce. We are windy today too. Yesterday was mild and today too but windy today I believe for the rest of the day. Not sure. The hours are short and the days fly by. I feel your pain. Before I know it night has arrived and it is time for bed. You are busy writing but I am busy doing nothing (but caring for Greg) and yet the days still fly by...I have hardly left the house this past week but to go to the grocery store and pharmacy and pick up our packages and mail. And do laundry. But for those tasks I am home all the time and it feels strange. I think today I might (if I can) go for a short walk. How about you? Any walks on your horizon? I do hope this Sunday is a proper day off and restful for you. Hugs.

@Slick1 how are you feeling this AM? Glad yesterday afternoon is over for you and that you don't feel too much pain and that you slept well. I hope the pain meds work completely so all discomfort is gone and mainly NO INFECTION!!! You are almost finished (I hope) with the work and only one more visit (I think)...you got this! Soon this will be a distant memory. Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and lots of love. Wishing the rest of this goes smoothly and soon this ordeal will be completely over. Hugs.

@missy I think the problem with Marty’s job is he’s in a dying industry that everyone is moving away from except for big companies who are trying to hang on to what they’ve already got. We will see. Sadly I’m in the same industry. I want to apologize if I worried you about that lady’s knee being infected - I just repeated what my sister said then I thought about 30 minutes later - Hey that was stupid. I hope PT went okay and Greg is not in so much pain. Great pictures of the kitties.

Dear Marcy no worries and no apologies necessary.. Nothing you wrote was or is stupid. PT went OK and Greg isn't in much pain. He really gave it to the PT guy who was denying that he overdid it with Greg. But the session went well and Greg did well and the PT guy dialed it back. We are following the surgeon's orders and hoping he is right. I am glad your sister's knee surgery went so well. From what I read and was told by others who went through it and those in the field TKR is very painful and that is why they write RXs for the opioids which for many surgeries they are reluctant to do these days but for TKR they do prescribe opioids. And all I can say is Greg has a high pain threshold so seeing him in pain after the surgery and for the few days afterwards was hard. If he is in pain I can only imagine how painful it is.

I hope Marty's job is safe and that he has nothing to be concerned about. I hear you re a dying field. Reinventing oneself at this age is not easy and hoping none of the NIRDIs or their DHs have to do that. Jobs and careers are ever changing and it seems nothing remains static. Even in healthcare. Sending you and Marty lots of good luck dust. And (((hugs))).

Have a wonderful FriYAY Marcy. Speaking of FriYAY...

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY. Hope whatever you have planned is wonderful and that you are looking forward to a sweet weekend with your DH. Hugs.

@missy, how is Greg - and the PT guy - doing? Hope they are both well lol. Hugs to you both (you and Greg, not the PT guy...)

He is doing A OK thanks Scandi. And the PT guy is none the worse for wear haha. It was not pleasant in the beginning as Greg was stern with him explaining how the PT went overboard on Tuesday but they settled into a comfortable truce and the session went well. How is your mom doing? How are you doing honey? I know how hard this is on you and I am sending you big hugs and much love and I am here for you. Continued bucketloads of healing dust to your mom.

(But I DO know Oliver definitely has a naughtly gleam in his eye. It’s those bad boys that always end up in your heart...don’t know if that applies to kitty boys).

Pps. We are approacing the 20,000th post here!

Wow, like lightning. And haha you have Oliver's number dear Jimmianne...are you sure your DD and her DH don't want a kitty to add to their wonderful marriage? Oliver is smart as a whip and I am teaching him French as we speak. French for meow is Miaou. :lol:
How are you feeling? When are you heading back to France? Hugs to you and have a lovely FriYAY.

Beautiful ring @Niffler75 :love:. Spessaritelicious. And welcome to the NIRDIs. We are glad you are here and take it at your own comfortable pace. No stress here and no worries. This thread is for friendship and support and a place to vent and de stress and enjoy the company of people who care. Hugs.

We didn’t go to the gym as Colin overdid it a bit and wasn’t feeling up to it. I think he’s forgotten that he’ll be 70 this year! We did our food shopping and sorted out our clothes for our upcoming trip. Nothing that we’ll be wearing here for a while, so decided to get a head start on things. Adam always teases us about how far in advance we get organised, he leaves it till he’s practically out of the door before he packs :-o

Aww hope Colin is feeling better today and that you guys get to go to the gym and workout. Glad you are prepared for your upcoming trip. Smart to get a head start on packing etc. I am like you. I enjoy preparing in advance if possible.

@canuk-gal any weekend plans? How is your family doing with the snow? Has it stopped snowing by them I hope? Have a lovely Friday and I hope the weekend is shaping up to be fun and lively. Hugs.

@sarahb how are you sweet Sarah? Hope you and your family are well. Sending you hugs across the miles and lots of well wishes. XOXO.

Hope everyone has a happy FriYAY with more YAY than Nay and hugs to each and everyone of my NIRDI friends.

Leaving you with a few kitty photos.

Oliver on Greg. Taken with Greg's iPhone (iPhone 6)

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 7.03.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 7.04.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 7.04.30 AM.png

And Tommy last night. I took this in the relative dark with my iPhone. No flash. But a longer exposure so the aperture stays open for a few seconds to allow light in to take the photo so I have to hold really still for a few seconds. It's weird taking photos like this. I really have to read about how to take proper photos on my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 7.05.04 AM.png

Happy FriYAY ladies.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in...still working on that chart!
My latest...and hopefully last Sepkus ring arrived yesterday.
It was sent USPS signature required....but my neighbor found it on the road near my mailbox...about 1/4 mile from my house!
Anyway, it’s a fun ring and reminds me of my science projects in high school...little wriggley creatures & faces all over it, but so delicate that it looks like a Victorian posey ring from arm’s length.
8CB80D9C-956F-4790-85DE-03BAA76E1875.jpeg CAE34FAA-CB79-4CE7-B595-FBB5F4F073F6.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in...still working on that chart!
My latest...and hopefully last Sepkus ring arrived yesterday.
It was sent USPS signature required....but my neighbor found it on the road near my mailbox...about 1/4 mile from my house!
Anyway, it’s a fun ring and reminds me of my science projects in high school...little wriggley creatures & faces all over it, but so delicate that it looks like a Victorian posey ring from arm’s length.
8CB80D9C-956F-4790-85DE-03BAA76E1875.jpeg CAE34FAA-CB79-4CE7-B595-FBB5F4F073F6.jpeg

YUMMY!!! That carving is delicious and the stone is yummm. Love it on you @Jimmianne. What a wonderful purchase indeed. :love:

But OMG how careless was the delivery. No no no. Thank goodness your neighbor found it for you. Relief!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, good for Greg. He is a smart cookie and listening to his body. And you, smart cookie wife, are letting him do that.
Is it my imagination or is Oliver a therapy cat in the making?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, good for Greg. He is a smart cookie and listening to his body. And you, smart cookie wife, are letting him do that.
Is it my imagination or is Oliver a therapy cat in the making?

I am happy to give our therapy cat away to the person who needs him most @Jimmianne...I hear he is pretty good at helping one recover from cataract surgery. :devil::P2

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUMMY!!! That carving is delicious and the stone is yummm. Love it on you @Jimmianne. What a wonderful purchase indeed. :love:

But OMG how careless was the delivery. No no no. Thank goodness your neighbor found it for you. Relief!

I have to laugh remembering my OEC story...Grace sent it with signature required, of course, and I pre-signed online because I was not going to be home. She said that made her almost pass out. Lol

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy to give our therapy cat away to the person who needs him most @Jimmianne...I hear he is pretty good at helping one recover from cataract surgery. :devil::P2

Haha, yes, Oliver sounds like the perfect therapy kitty for cataract recovery. Does he administer eye drops with his little claws??
He does look sweet when he is sleeping.

Ps. Actually he does look as though he is holding Greg hostage. But in a nice way.

Thank you Mamabean, very helpful. An inspiration to start that chart!
I’m of a certain age with a farm near Raleigh, and have one adult child who lives in France. I go back and forth from the States to France, literally, and back and forth figuratively about where I will retire. Three horses, two dogs, one parrot, one cat and one guinea hen. I hope you put the guinea hen on YOUR chart.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to laugh remembering my OEC story...Grace sent it with signature required, of course, and I pre-signed online because I was not going to be home. She said that made her almost pass out. Lol

It's painful waiting for packages to arrive that are signature required. At the beach house if it is sent USPS sig required our mailman leaves it for me. We are in a very safe area. And here in Brooklyn we are in a 24 hour doorman building so that works out well.

But at the beach if packages are sent via Fed Ex or UPS signature required they will not leave it. So now I just have it sent to a pick up location right near us and when we get home we pick it up from that location. It is a mile away so very easy trip.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, yes, Oliver sounds like the perfect therapy kitty for cataract recovery. Does he administer eye drops with his little claws??
He does look sweet when he is sleeping.

He is sweetest when he is sleeping. Hahaha. And if you put food on your eye yes he will get in there and administer your meds. He is very food motivated. To the point he growls quite loudly if one touches his food at all. :eek-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to repeat omg this photo is super sweet. Makes him look like an angel! See how photos can be deceiving? :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 7.03.54 AM.png

I mean, he looks like an absolute love and angel here.
He is pretty delicious to sleep with too...he cuddles up with me on my pillow and purrs so loudly. I am under no misguided thought that he loves me no rather he is cold and warming up by being next to me. This I know. But it is a symbiotic relationship when sleeping and that is A OK. ;-)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is sweetest when he is sleeping. Hahaha. And if you put food on your eye yes he will get in there and administer your meds. He is very food motivated. To the point he growls quite loudly if one touches his food at all. :eek-2:

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Joanne, I swear, it is the scariest sound you will ever hear. It is fierce. Coming from a little kitten. Fierce and scary. I can laugh about it now but at the time it happens not so funny. :eek-2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a thought...if you decide to use a spray bottle to tell Oliver you don’t like something he is doing, here are smells cats hate: eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary

You have your work cut out for you! Even my dear laidback Sam tries to run the household when he thinks it’s not serving him as it should. Omg, cats!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a thought...if you decide to use a spray bottle to tell Oliver you don’t like something he is doing, here are smells cats hate: eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary

You have your work cut out for you! Even my dear laidback Sam tries to run the household when he thinks it’s not serving him as it should. Omg, cats!!!

I have been using a spray bottle with tap water and he doesn't like that at all. Has it deterred his behavior? Nope not at all. I do not want to irritate his eyes (history of eye ulcer if you remember and he almost lost his eye) so am hesitant to add anything like the above. Plus he detests the plain tap water. He is just a very stubborn kitty. :/

Thanks for helping me brainstorm @Jimmianne. Appreciate any and all help. I need it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne Your ring is awesome...I can see little faces as you said..Up on the shoulder it looks like a little sea creature!
okay..I gave you boring info about my life for your chart and you didn’t tell me where you are..:think:
@junebug17 Are you back in New Jersey? Do you have any plans for this weekend? Remember I ordered the drops from Yvonne Raley? She still didn’t ship it. I mean..these are so simple to do..I’m starting to get a wild hair..
@Calliecake How are you? How’s your brother sleeping? I have insomnia but I do get some broken pieces of sleep. My husband wants me to take Melatonin but I think it interferes with one of my meds. Has it tried that? I bet he tried everything but thought I would mention it.
@marcy I pictured you carrying that table across the street..Omg...You are strong! It would make a great advertisement for Marty’s gym if you lift Marty and someone snaps a pic for the front of the gym! :lol:
@Austina I saw you will be getting together with another PS’er or two for lunch..That would be fun! I told my husband what you said about how you felt when Colin retired...that you thought one of you would wind up in jail! He can be very annoying and so can I!
@Tekate Today’s the day! I can‘t wait to see what you think when you open the box! Please post pics!
I got an email during the night from David saying he sent the plastic model of the setting...I thought we were still discussing it but he just went ahead and sent it. I get it on Monday. He may be thinking it’s just for the size..Maybe he adjusted the baguettes and the plastic model will reflect that..Who knows..I have to stay home on Monday to sign for a plastic model...sigh...
I got my refund for my lost zircon ring from Germany..That's sad because the ring was so pretty..I hope it turns up. If it does I’ll send her the money back. I think I lost some money in the refund..but I don’t want to check and make myself upset. I think I’m going to stop buying overseas. It’s too stressful.
I’m getting ready to take my Bailey Bean to his hotel accommodations...I drive an hour round trip because this place is amazing. It really is like a hotel. They have a indoor pool! Bailey is afraid of the water so it’s a shame.. but he gets a large suite...and the senior plan..He gets extra attention...He doesn’t even look back at me when I drop him off...and he’s a mama’s boy..
@missy I’m taking David for his weekend at a hotel that he got from us for Christmas. I’ll tell you where when we get back. We are such a noticeable group that I don’t feel comfortable posting it here until we’re home. Too bad it’s going to rain all day Saturday..boo

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Beautiful folks and happy FriYAY!!! I hope it's a relaxing and blingy weekend for all. Thanks for the shout outs by all @missy @Tekate @marcy @Austina @junebug17 @Jimmianne @Mamabean and hello to @Niffler @sarahb @Scandinavian @canuk-gal @AV_ Each of you are so much and it's so wonderful to come here and chat about life and support each other in life and bling!
Kate the GREAT I CANNOT wait to see your beautiful eternity to go with EVER. It will be gorgeous and I hope you love it!
Jimmiane I love your Sepkus ring - I will have to look those up - I've never seen them before but they are so pretty! And so cool that you get the best of both worlds - the beautiful south and fabulous France!
Mamabean I am so happy for you! You are so generous with everyone in your life and I'm so glad your husband wants you to be happy with your bling. You go girl! I hope he's feeling better. I struggle with anxiety too. It all came to a head on my honeymoon. I had a ton of anxiety before the wedding and then it came back 2 days after getting married and then went away. So my heart goes out to him. I'm considering treatment but haven't decided the route.
Missy - you are killing it girl taking care of Greg! You are sticking up for him with PT and pain mgt. And you are helping him heal! He's going to be good as new very soon. And SO exciting about Swan Lake! I love having something to look forward to! Hugs to you friend.
Marcy - I hope Marty's job is ok. They are keeping the best, which would include Marty! And you are very strong and inspiring! I don't know how you find the time to work, work out, cook, clean, sleep and keep a tidy house. I am working on each of those! I am so glad you are loving your heart ring! You're making me go rhr crazy!
Austina I love that you and your hubby do everything together. That is really special. Sometimes now I want my own space, especially in the morning. Weekends I want to do everything together. So it must have something to do with work. So sorry yall are so sad missing Dottie hugs to you. Hope you have a great day and I love all your bling! Your diamond heart necklace is beautiful!
June I hope you're having a great week, relaxing, peaceful, fun and blingy! I hope your brother is sleeping better.
I take 3mg melatonin sometimes, along with phosphatidylserine and some chamomile tea and that helps a lot when I feel wound up.
I hope everyone is having a great FRIYAY! We plan on relaxing this weekend and continuing the house organization!

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m getting ready to take my Bailey Bean to his hotel accommodations...I drive an hour round trip because this place is amazing. It really is like a hotel. They have a indoor pool! Bailey is afraid of the water so it’s a shame.. but he gets a large suite...and the senior plan..He gets extra attention...He doesn’t even look back at me when I drop him off...and he’s a mama’s boy..
Oh that sounds wonderful! No place here where I’m comfortable leaving my babies. So I have to schedule holidays around a friends calendar lol

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It sounds as though you’re making progress @Tekate so hopefully you’ll be breaking ground soon. Yes, the old boy will be 70 this year - I’m married to an OLD man :lol: I was laughing with my friend earlier because her DH was saying “I’ll be 70 soon” and told her this is what’s to come. I’m fine, Colin is a bit blah, think he’s coming down with a cold, so you know that’ll be a near death experience in Manworld! Adam and Kim are good, Adam is sorting out the wedding, waiting to hear the exact date, but June 2021ish! Hope your ring has arrived safely and you’re thrilled with it.

I didn’t know you lived in Houston in the past @Mamabean. I hope you and David have a fun weekend, and enjoy every minute of the trip. There’s a doggie hotel near here, but we’ve always been lucky with dog sitters, so never used it. One of our friends had a St Bernard called Rosie, and she used to stay there. Jackie was a retired Police officer and Rosie was a rescue. She was involved with a programme on the BBC about crime, and one day, whilst watching, imagine our surprise when we saw our Dottie out with the sitter in the programme.

We’re big dog people @Scandanavian, and have resigned ourselves to waiting until we’ve moved until we get another. Even if we had a small dog, they wouldn’t be allowed to travel internationally in the cabin. 2 lovely brown roan girls are currently looking for homes, both young, and it’s so hard not to apply for one of them.

Sorry you’ve been struggling @bling_dream19 planning a wedding is stressful, so I hope you’ll be feeling less anxious and that you‘re able to control your anxiety. Thanks, I’m loving my little heart pendant, I haven’t taken it off.

The more I look at your ring @Jimmianne, the more I see little creatures in the engraving. It’s really unusual and I can see why you’re so taken with your Sepkus pieces.

That’s good news that Greg is managing the pain and still has some of the stronger drugs as a back up@Missy. I’m glad Greg was insistent with the PT, I’m sure he knows what he can and can’t manage to do, and whilst I understand the need to get moving, you have to listen to your body, and if something is causing a lot of pain, it just can’t be right. Oliver reminds me of our friends cat. She cuddles up to you to be stroked, then the little madam takes a swipe at you :lol:

Hopefully Marty will get some new clients from the ribbon cutting ceremony yesterday @marcy, was there any press coverage? Yay to you being able to carry the table he needed. Adam sent us a video of him bench pressing 315lbs yesterday :-o

Do you have any plans for the weekend @Niffler75 ?

I went to the gym this morning by myself, Colin‘s still not feeling 100%, when I got home he said he had an appt with the Dr this afternoon. I dropped him off earlier, and he rang me to collect him. He’s fine, so I think he’s probably either getting a cold or picked up a virus.

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDI, TGIF :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
It's friyay :dance:. Hope everyone is well.
@missy hope Greg is continuing to heal. I have attached pics of my furbabies Oreo and Hershey.
@Austina hi, you ok? I have plans to meet with a new local jeweller/ silversmith who is going to set some loose stones in a ring. It will be a central spessartite with 5mm round brilliant Mali garnets either side. They will be bezel set on a 4mms side band. I am thinking whether the silver should be smooth or textured?
@Jimmianne absolutely in love with your ring. It is so quirky and unique. Quite jealous actually!
@Mamabean have a wonderful weekend away!
@bling_dream19 sorry you are feeling so anxious. Sometimes anxiety catches up with me. I find taking montmorency cherry juice before bedtime helps with sleep.

Have a good weekend everyone. xxx

IMG_20200124_182034.jpg IMG_20200124_182113.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! Take care of yourself! That’s like the old me and that’s not always fun.. But today is Friday!

Friday doesn't make much of a difference, unless I decree 'Holiday'. I thought I have left this sort of work behind too... Not sure I can; trying to break ever so often.

Hello dear @AV_ we are doing OK on the meds. Big relief.
You are busy writing but I am busy doing nothing

I'd say Greg's boddy is in controll of everyone - you, Greg, doctors & all. There is no way to convince a magled knee of anything ,( I cannot immagine how exercse versus rest are meant to work - likely together. It seems that he might need to ignore pain telling body to STOP moving the relevant parts, if only so much.

-

I must run & will catch up

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been using a spray bottle with tap water and he doesn't like that at all. Has it deterred his behavior? Nope not at all. I do not want to irritate his eyes (history of eye ulcer if you remember and he almost lost his eye) so am hesitant to add anything like the above. Plus he detests the plain tap water. He is just a very stubborn kitty. :/

Thanks for helping me brainstorm @Jimmianne. Appreciate any and all help. I need it!

Lol had to use one of the children’s water guns on Furbaby F a few years ago (not as drastic as it sounds she loves to «eat” the water from it now), she was dead determined on eating the sofa...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and have resigned ourselves to waiting until we’ve moved until we get another. Even if we had a small dog, they wouldn’t be allowed to travel internationally in the cabin. 2 lovely brown roan girls are currently looking for homes, both young, and it’s so hard not to apply for one of them.

I know your struggle, for me it is so hard to not get every puppy out there... Visited a friend today and almost kidnapped her new puppy lol.

Have a good weekend everyone. xxx

IMG_20200124_182034.jpg

So cute !!!

Friday doesn't make much of a difference, unless I decree 'Holiday'. I thought I have left this sort of work behind too... Not sure I can; trying to break ever so often.

LOL know the feeling. My DH still works like that, whilst I have had to cut back because of my mother (and grandmother and thus lack of babysitters lol). But having time with my two children and two dogs and trying to help my mother and grandmother is actually more exhausting in a way. But I’m trying to count my blessings - DH makes enough money for both of us. But I miss the thinking part. I love solving new challenges. As I’m guessing you do too.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother is struggling her way through chemo. Today was a good day, she managed to visit her sofa... My grandmother is scary thin now, but at least she has no eye infection and no heart arrhythmia this week. Lol. Silver linings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results