carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The weather is fine (bright, sunny and 5C) so I walked to the market. Little breezy so it kept me alert. lol I have not been exercising lately so I needed the walk. My hometown is getting blasted with snow--my poor family!

Hope everyone is doing well/on the mend. Shout out NIRDI's! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy I don't know why I like ice cream and my ice water full of ice since I am cold all the time. Oh no I can't believe the PT did that to Greg. That is awful. I know ROM is important but that comes back slowly. I know Marty's division is not making money and they work on projects but never seem to win the bid. The guy they let go had 2 big projects so Marty will take them over. They might involve lots of travel again. Marty was rather quiet last night and didn't seem to want to talk about it. He said he didn't know if anyone else was let go. Our weather is rather nice for January, near 45 today with only wind not hurricane forece wind. Ha Ha. I hope Greg is doing better as the day goes by.

Speaking of cold - hope you are doing well @canuk-gal Darn that your hometown is getting blasted with snow

@Jimmianne I can't wait to see your new ring. I still pause and enjoy your gorgeous Mildred in your avatar. How is your eye / vision today?

@ringo865 I've heard that about spray bottles to help train cats

@Mamabean you and I share that tendancy to wear only our favorite pieces of jewelry yet continue the pursuit of more. I'm already planning 10 more things I want. I love baguettes, a version of EC in my mind. Oh no to losing a diamond bracelet. I lost a 1/4 carat diamond solitaire pendant about a year ago; that is what led me to my teardrop ACA pendant and earrings last year. On using PayPal you can bill or pay using email addresses. If someone pays you then you can leave it in PayPay like a gift card balance or transfer it to your account you set up to use in PayPal. We have our checking account with a CC backup so if Marty gets paid something I just go in and transfer the money back in to our checking account. It works well. IMO the lack of symmetry with your side baguettes might bother me. A completely different option use baguettes where they can be straight and rounds to fill in the corners/angels. Of course it may look more symmetrial in diamonds. It is a very pretty setting.

@Tekate Autie is so adorable. She must be a total delight for you. I hope things work out well with the boat; it would be nice to have one to use occasionally. Marty is pretty concerned about what happened with his co-worker. He was rather quiet last night but did say he is taking over the projects the other guy was working on. I asked how many of his position were left now and it's down to just him. I guess he is the last man standing there. There was 8-12 of them several years ago. How exciting about your new band; the video looks gorgeous. Noooooo! that you lost a band and green tourmaline. You may think John doesn't know what you have but I have been totally busted with a new ring or earrings when Marty notices right away I have something new on. No way would I think he'd notice. Sweet that you ordered a size 7 band; I can borrow it. Ha Ha.

Welcome @Nillfer75 I hope that teacher works out great for you son. To help keep us all straight - I'm the tall, thin one. Just kidding. Dive right in and join the conversation.

@AV_ I totally laughed at "tell Greg to be a coward like me". I found that very amusing. Did you go for a walk? I'm anxious for pictures.

@Austina I bet your pie was perfect on a chilly day. I believe Marty's co-worker was let go for cost cutting reasons. I also think at home workers are the first to go. Their home office is in Texas but most of the people who originally worked this position were either in the UK office or worked from home in the states. Now it's Marty. I didn't tell him this since he is upset about it - he's either the cheapest to keep or they consider him the best at his job. Sweet to saving $50 a month by switching providers; darn it took so long to get things set up again though.

I met a friend for lunch and plan on lifting tonight. It’s getting closers to Friday. Yippee.

Take care NIRDIS.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Opinions needed: can solitaires be easily sized up without amending the markings inside the shank? (e.g. classic Tiffany) How much can it be altered (needs to go up 1 3/4 sizes) Just asking for a friend:mrgreen:

cheers--Sharon

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Here‘s the cad David sent me..I wanted some of the baguettes to have straight sides...Every one of them are angled. My Tiffany baguette band has short baguettes which I really like.

It might be difficult to cut the corner baguettes to meet straight edged neighbours at the corners of the halo - not impossible www.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Opinions needed: can solitaires be easily sized up without amending the markings inside the shank? (e.g. classic Tiffany) How much can it be altered (needs to go up 1 3/4 sizes) Just asking for a friend:mrgreen:

cheers--Sharon

It would depend on where the markings are in the shank. As long as the shank isn’t thin going up 2 sizes should be okay. They should generally add metal to size up.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal It would depend on where the Tiffany mark is. You could always get it sized at Tiffany..and they can replace the marking if necessary. Please post a pic of the inside of your friend’s shank..;)2

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal Maybe. Depends on where the mark is & how they want to resize. Workshops do get used with signed pieces & it can be complicated. [three answers written in the same time]

@marcy I am happy to see rain & fog & mud [the gound is essentially red sienna around the house] since it keeps me working; if I live to end this draft, there will be pictures.

ending the day

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @AV_ I think I’m going to leave it as is..unless David comes up with an idea.

Reactions: AV_

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal It would depend on where the Tiffany mark is. You could always get it sized at Tiffany..and they can replace the marking if necessary. Please post a pic of the inside of your friend’s shank..;)2

LOLOL. I think it is just better to get a bigger ring. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Maybe. Depends on where the mark is & how they want to resize. Workshops do get used with signed pieces & it can be complicated. [three answers written in the same time]

All true.:wavey:

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy I agree about the side baguettes not being the same size...I got a response from David and he pretty much will try to do anything I ask. He is the best..but he has to follow the shape of Ashlee..This was my inspiration ring..
B58E1FB1-64DF-48C9-9C3B-229276B215A0.jpeg
I just asked him to try to make the baguettes evenly sized and smaller.I don’t know if I’m asking the impossible.
That was funny that an icicle was sticking up through the snow. It made me think of the Superman movie where large icicles were shooting out all over. I think you said it was 40 degrees? That’s what you have in summer, right? Lol
I’m happy you are enjoying your heart ring. It’s so pretty...I can’t wait to get mine..It’s small so I’ll stack it..Maybe it will look bigger with the bezel. Now my mom wants a heart diamond..I asked her what she wanted to spend...After she told me I started looking in Berricle.com:lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean Thanks mamabean I am looking forward to seeing what I get, I sort of bought it because it seemed like such a good deal, .95 ct F-G color SI1 but they could be dead as doornails but it was so cheap I went for it. All your rings are beautiful and your new one's coming are going to knock your socks off! I cannot wait for you to get them. xo

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Thanks mamabean I am looking forward to seeing what I get, I sort of bought it because it seemed like such a good deal, .95 ct F-G color SI1 but they could be dead as doornails but it was so cheap I went for it. All your rings are beautiful and your new one's coming are going to knock your sock off! I cannot wait for you to get them. xo

Kate I don’t think it’s possible for them to look bad. It’s a great vendor..and f/g si1 is great for a ring. I think it’s going to blind you when you open the box! When you have it stacked next to Ever....it will be amazing! I’m excited for you! xoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I agree about the side baguettes not being the same size...I got a response from David and he pretty much will try to do anything I ask. He is the best..but he has to follow the shape of Ashlee..This was my inspiration ring..
B58E1FB1-64DF-48C9-9C3B-229276B215A0.jpeg
I just asked him to try to make the baguettes evenly sized and smaller.I don’t know if I’m asking the impossible.
That was funny that an icicle was sticking up through the snow. It made me think of the Superman movie where large icicles were shooting out all over. I think you said it was 40 degrees? That’s what you have in summer, right? Lol
I’m happy you are enjoying your heart ring. It’s so pretty...I can’t wait to get mine..It’s small so I’ll stack it..Maybe it will look bigger with the bezel. Now my mom wants a heart diamond..I asked her what she wanted to spend...After she told me I started looking in Berricle.com:lol:

That is gorgeous @Mamabean.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous @Mamabean.

I think so too @marcy..but I don’t think my baguettes will have the same pattern..It should still be pretty..I emailed David the pic so I’ll see what he thinks he can do.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ we had clay around our old house; ugh all it did was collect on your shoes or boots and then turned in to cement when it dried.

@canuk-gal nothing wrong with getting a bigger ring.

@Mamabean good point about the icicles in the Superman movie. Too funny. Yes 40 degree weather is almost summertime. Except for that stupid wind. I am pretty happy with the size of my 3/4 carat heart so hopefully you like the size of yours. Hearts look great in bezels and that will help the size. I am very anxious for you to get the heart ring (and the rest of them as well). Hopefully your mom will love your heart diamond ring so much she will decide to spend the money to get one.

@Tekate I just watched the video of your band on my laptop; it looks like a very sparkly ring. I see a lot of people on PS that are very happy with their jewelry. It will look fabulous with Ever.

I lifted 82 pounds 15 times tonight. Woo hoo!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@marcy woohoo on lifting yesterday and having lunch with your friend too. You pack a lot into each day and it is impressive. I am so sorry about Marty's colleague being let go. It is terrible and scary. I flash back to 2008/9 which was a difficult time for so many and I see signs of that again. Scary doesn't begin to express the feelings that come up when I think about it. I hope Marty's job is safe and they need him to take over for his colleague so that is something. Your weather sounds lovely. Today we are reaching mid 40s too but I believe we are getting rain this weekend. I prefer rain to snow no doubt. And yes, tomorrow is Friday woohoo FriYAY. XO.

@Slick1 good luck today!!! Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and lots of luck and big hugs.

@Scandinavian continued healing dust to your mom. Hugs to you.

@Austina how is the weather now? Any warming up happening? Hope your new cable TV provider is working well. As I wrote before, more money for bling ;-) Hugs.

@AV_ I hope you enjoyed a nice walk yesterday and looking forward to photos whenever the time is right. XO

@canuk-gal thank you for the good wishes. Glad you enjoyed a nice walk yesterday and that is was sunny and bright. Oh no to your poor family getting so much snow. Oy. Hope they are at least enjoying some snow related activities like sledding or skiing and that they have help to shovel their property. Shoveling is not fun and it is really a young person's job IMO. Anyway, snow snow stay away and let Sharon enjoy a lovely day!. XO.

@Tekate more photos please girlie. I LOVE seeing Autie and Kate (great and wise and wonderful Kate) photos. Hugs. Cannot wait for you to get that new WF ring. It is gorgeous and I love that you got a deal on it too. Makes it even sweeter. I think it will be very comfy too. Fingers crossed.

@Mamabean I am super excited to see more of your bling updates and hopefully your new bling soon.
I wish I could help you with CADs etc but I am not good at that. All I can say is I love all your ideas. And I am swooning over your inspiration ring. !!!

So Greg is still in more pain than the other day and we aren't happy. Today PT is coming and I am anxious that Greg might be harsh with him. He spoke with him yesterday afternoon on the phone confirming this appointment and he gave it to him then too. Greg can be harsh when he is pissed. I am concerned why he is still in the extra pain from the PT from 2 days ago! Shouldn't that be better by now? Or do we have a bigger issue now at hand? This is our first knee replacement so not sure how it should go but he was getting better ie less pain til Tuesday PT session and it is now Thursday :/

Nothing else new with us. Just another day here in Brooklyn. Albeit a mild and nice weather day. Hope everyone enjoys a nice day. (((Hugs))).

Leaving you with 2 photos from last night. I still haven't read anything on how to work the new iphone camera but I am enjoying the photos it takes. Just point and shoot.

Last night, Tommy laying on Greg's knee wrap from the ice machine. LOL I hope we don't get charged extra for cat hair. ;-)

No color altering or anything. I love the way the camera catches the colors and it takes a very crisp photo.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 6.27.49 AM.png

And Oliver looking to cause mischief. Right before bed.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 6.28.11 AM.png

You can see his brain thinking how can I cause TROUBLE...it's written in his eyes. :shock:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
How is everyone this fine evening, Husband and son both in a carbohydrate coma after tea! So I have time to catch up!
@missy hope Greg is doing ok despite the setback. Absolutely love your furbabies. I will need to upload some pics of mine!

@Scandinavian sending best wishes your way.

I am really enjoying reading about people's upcoming purchases. I have just bought a new spessartite ring. It's a trilogy in round brilliant 6mm VSI stones. Neon orange, super sparkly and delicious!

Looks like the UK may be in for some snow in the next 4 days. Us Brits are made of tough stuff. First snowflake and road and rail services are disrupted. I have stocked up on rations to last at least a month! :lol-2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m choosing to think it’s because Marty is the best that he’s still there @marcy, and I really hope it stays that way. I’m not surprised he’s feeling down about it, it must be very unsettling worrying about your job. How’re things going with the gym?

Can’t wait to see your spessartite ring @Niffler75, it’s nice to have something a bit unusual. Damp dreary day here down south, let’s hope we don’t get snow, last thing we need.

So sorry to hear that Greg is in more pain, how did things go today with the PT? I’m not surprised Greg is feeling pissed, just when things seemed to be improving. Hopefully the PT didn’t overdo it today or make things worse. Ollie is a cheeky monkey for sure.

I really like the inspiration ring @Mamabean, and it’s good that David can do whatever you want. FWIW, I think straight edged stones will compliment your stone really well, I hope you can find exactly what you want.

The video certainly didn’t look like the diamonds will be dead as doornails @Tekate, they look lovely and sparkly, and will really compliment Ever.

Generally, they say here 3 up and 3 down if the shank is thick enough with no pave @canuk-gal, so if you’re only going up a small amount, the jeweller should be able to do it without damaging the markings.

Hoping the weather co-operates for you @AV_ and you get all your work done.

Hoping everything is good with you @Scandinavian.

We didn’t go to the gym as Colin overdid it a bit and wasn’t feeling up to it. I think he’s forgotten that he’ll be 70 this year! We did our food shopping and sorted out our clothes for our upcoming trip. Nothing that we’ll be wearing here for a while, so decided to get a head start on things. Adam always teases us about how far in advance we get organised, he leaves it till he’s practically out of the door before he packs :-o

Hope all the lovely NIRDIS are having a good day. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s.

@missty I talked to my sister. She didn’t have much pain at all with her TKR but she always hurt after PT. My parents were the same. A friend of hers just had a TKR and she was in pain for about 2 weeks. Her knee turned out to be infected so hopefully the nurse and PT keeps an eye on Greg for that. She said the ROM is definitely the worst part of therapy. I remember that from my knee surgeries as well.

Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina You and Colin are really organized. Actually @marcy is really organized too...I’m okay but I can’t say I’m super organized. I get things done..and if it’s important I can be..but if you saw my closer...you would see I tend to procrastinate.
I’m sorry Colin didn’t feel up to exercising...Do you and Colin do everything together? Would you go to the gym without him? My husband and I do things separately...He likes sports...I don’t.. so he gets to do that with his brother...He works out at work...When he retires it may be a challenge for me because I need my quiet time. When he’s home on the weekend he will come me grocery shopping, etc..and we all go out to dinner including my mom and David.I think he won’t know what to do with himself when he’s not working. I’m more like your Adam with packing. Since we go practically every weekend to Maryland....I just make sure the clothes are washed so I can quickly put things in a bag...I have toiletries there but no clothes..If I was going on a trip like you I would have everything in piles on the guest bed so I’m can see what I need to eventually pack..I’m getting inspired to finally clean out my closets. I have too much stuff..I’ll be moving in a few years..and don’t want to move stuff I’ll never use or wear.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AV_ we had clay around our old house; ugh all it did was collect on your shoes or boots and then turned in to cement when it dried.

@canuk-gal nothing wrong with getting a bigger ring.

@Mamabean good point about the icicles in the Superman movie. Too funny. Yes 40 degree weather is almost summertime. Except for that stupid wind. I am pretty happy with the size of my 3/4 carat heart so hopefully you like the size of yours. Hearts look great in bezels and that will help the size. I am very anxious for you to get the heart ring (and the rest of them as well). Hopefully your mom will love your heart diamond ring so much she will decide to spend the money to get one.

@Tekate I just watched the video of your band on my laptop; it looks like a very sparkly ring. I see a lot of people on PS that are very happy with their jewelry. It will look fabulous with Ever.

I lifted 82 pounds 15 times tonight. Woo hoo!!!
@marcy I think you said your heart diamond is near .80, right? Mine is .71..It‘s hard to tell what size will look like..It will be a stacking band so it should be fine..
My mom would never spend the money on a diamond..First of all she loves huge stones...so she would never be happy with a small stone. She was raised during the depression so is frugal. She’s perfectly happy with her CZ’s and moissanite. She wouldn’t even spend the money for the moissanite! She is so frugal that she told me that when she passes away...I was to give each of my sons...sans David because he can’t inherit anything or he loses benefits...$15,000 a year split into their birthday and Christmas presents each year so all the money goes to them and it won’t be taxed. I don’t want anything so it all goes to them. She doesn’t
pay for anything here...She doesn’t pay me rent..so she’s building up her nest egg..but she won’t buy anything for herself..If I bought her anything it wouldn't go over great either..haha
That‘s amazing you were able to lift 82lbs! You could lift my dog, Bailey!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely spessartite @Niffler75, they’re such ‘juicy’ looking stones.

Honestly @Mamabean, I thought when Colin retired, one of us would be dead within a year, and the other in prison :lol: He was away so much when he was working, that we didn’t spend a lot of time together. It was actually a lot easier getting used to being together than I thought it would be. When he was working, I pretty much did everything on my own, but now we rarely go anywhere alone. Considering he used to be out of the house 16 hours a day, he still finds lots to occupy himself. Of course, a lot of our time was spent with Dottie, but now she’s gone, we’re trying to fill our time going to the gym.

I’ve got all the clothes out in one of the spare rooms, and I may even vacuum bag them this weekend ready to go in the cases in a few weeks.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG confession...I am losing track of exactly what continent each NIRDI is living on, or planning to live on, all the childrens’ and pets’ names, whether or not the weather is bad, and what’s for dinner. Forgive me. I can hardly keep track of what’s happening here this month LOL
Time to start making those NIRDI charts again. Really!

Niffler, I hope the above comment makes you feel there is no pressure to get to know everyone :lol:
I used to make charts with everyone’s info and what was going on every day for them, and then gave up trying to make perfect sense of things. We are a busy bunch!
Suffice to say, all that is really necessary to know it that the NIRDIs are wonderful.
Each and every one of you :wavey:

Ps.

(But I DO know Oliver definitely has a naughtly gleam in his eye. It’s those bad boys that always end up in your heart...don’t know if that applies to kitty boys).

Pps. We are approacing the 20,000th post here!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How is everyone this fine evening, Husband and son both in a carbohydrate coma after tea! So I have time to catch up!
@missy hope Greg is doing ok despite the setback. Absolutely love your furbabies. I will need to upload some pics of mine!

@Scandinavian sending best wishes your way.

I am really enjoying reading about people's upcoming purchases. I have just bought a new spessartite ring. It's a trilogy in round brilliant 6mm VSI stones. Neon orange, super sparkly and delicious!

Looks like the UK may be in for some snow in the next 4 days. Us Brits are made of tough stuff. First snowflake and road and rail services are disrupted. I have stocked up on rations to last at least a month! :lol-2:

@Niffler75 Your spess stones are a perfect color and size. As Austina said..they look juicy..
I lived in Houston Texas in my early 30’s...It snowed there one day..To me it was just flurries but omg..everyone panicked and refused to go out. I had to pack my boys in the car and pick up and deliver groceries to a bunch of friends who thought the end was coming! It was hysterical. They told me I was so brave..:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results