shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate you hair cut looks great! We used to be able to choose small or large pictures when we attached them but I haven't seen that option for a long time.

Sorry your hips are bothering you. My right knee wakes me up several times a night and wants to be moved/bent. Sometimes walking makes it better sometimes not.

Lunch with your forever friends sounds fun and tasty.

I'll send some Snickerdoodles your way.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I don’t know how you can stand it. Is there a backup heating system in case you lose power? I would worry about that! Wrap yourself up like a taco!

I do worry about these extreme temps---I think we all do. Not too many back ups......

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is mind boggling. -40C where my other family lives. Water pipes freeze/blow. Glad this occurnace is but rare...nevertheless horrid.

It happens here, but only rarely. Stay warm! I never drive anywhere without warm clothes in the car lol. Hugs!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yekaterinburg, your hair DOES look great!
(Spell check changed your name!)

hi Scandi! We were posting at the same time.

My surgery is at 9:15am.
Tony already finished my ring and wanted so much for me to have it that he delivered it here to my friend’s house at 7pm. I love the retooled setting so maybe a new setting is now less urgent.
Before and after EEBB6AE8-5F82-4ADB-A375-5C911DD0FDCD.jpeg
11B33605-D7C1-4E0B-937A-47C5936D1C67.jpeg 90A9EE2B-4A69-4D12-AB3C-9D379240B1FB.jpeg B09D7956-E92D-44E2-9A1C-A03109289F0D.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tony already finished my ring and wanted so much for me to have it that he delivered it here to my friend’s house at 7pm. I love the retooled setting so maybe a new setting is now less urgent.
11B33605-D7C1-4E0B-937A-47C5936D1C67.jpeg

Really really nice !!!
good luck today!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @missy ! Hope you got some sleep and that you and Greg are as well as can be. Thinking of you!
Here, everything is much the same. Sorry for not responding. Furbaby T has been sick again but he is better now. He has some immune mediated thing that causes really high fever sometimes. Scary, because he goes from fine to needing emergency help in less than two hours. Normally it is months between each time, once it was a whole year. But this time, only three weeks. Sigh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@Scandinavian I am so sorry sweet T was sick again but relieved he is better now. Our cat Butch had an immune mediated disease that was very bad and I am glad you have T's disease under control. Buckets of healing dust to him and continued good thoughts and healing wishes for your mom. And (((hugs))) to you.

@missy, please remember that Fred had a good - and long - life with you. You made his life happy, peaceful and blissful. Even though RW. No one could have loved him more.

Thank you dear Scandi and yes we did/do our best. In hindsight of course there are things we can always improve upon but I agree we couldn't have given him more love. Thank you for your comforting words. Hugs.

Dear MIssy:

I did a mind meld with the Fredster a couple of times during RW and he told me he loved his parents so much because they helped him to the BR and gave him luxurious daily baths which meant more cuddles and skin to skin time which meant the world to him.

healing vibes across the miles.---Sharon xoxoxo

Dear @canuk-gal thank you. Your post brings me comfort. It really does. Greg did hold him close while he was waiting for the shampoo to stay on Fred's body for 10 minutes to work its magic and they did enjoy the skin to skin contact. Though Fred hated the baths at least that was something. Yes we loved him with our whole hearts and did everything we could do give him a good quality of life and keep him alive as long as he had that. We cannot go back and change things but oh I wish we could. I know we did the best we could but I am so sad it turned out this way. The if only's do haunt me but I am working through it and taking things one hour at a time lately.

Please stay warm and safe and I hope your temps calm down and warm up very soon. Sending you big warm hugs across the miles and lots of love Sharon. XOXO.

@missy I am sorry you are so sad and heartbroken over sweet Fred. I hope each day gets a little easier for you and Greg. Big hugs still coming you way. Fred is beautiful and those green eyes are gorgeous. I enjoyed the pictures of Fred and Francesca; she was sure a tiny kitty in that one picture. Love the poem to Fred. I think we all think we could have done things better or different to help our loved ones; sorry you are having those thoughts but I have no doubt you always did the best you could for your sweet kitties and Fred knew he was loved.

Dear @marcy thank you. We loved them so much. With all our hearts. They were so good and so sweet and our world will never be the same again. Thank you for your kind comments.

I took off work today since my SIL is stopping by for the day. I slept in kind of but my old achy body was squawking about my immobility. I got up about 7; my right knee was super stiff this morning even after getting up and moving around.

I cleaned the guest bathroom, got out some towels, soap, dental hygiene products for my SIL. Then I moved on to the guest room, put no clean sheets and blankets, washed what was on the bed then ventured on to my gym downstairs and lifted. I deadlifted 81 pounds; it seemed way more difficult than the 80 pounds I lifted the other day. I rested a few minutes after that then started Snickerdoodles. A friend of mine was bringing us lunch and she showed up while I was still baking cookies. Marty, my friend and I played cards then they both went back to work. Ha Ha.

Sweet you took the day off yesterday but I am sorry your knee was bothering you. You were very productive despite that and woohoo for lifting 81 lbs. Amazing. Please send some snickerdoodles our way too. LOL I am sure Greg would love that while he is recovering from knee surgery. Nice you got to play cards with Marty and your friend yesterday but haha too bad they had to go back to work. It's nice taking time off work. Sweet. Hope you had/have a good visit with your SIL.

@missy I’m so sorry to hear that you think you could’ve done more or done things differently. I think we all feel like that after such an awful event, I know I do. Should we have noticed before that something was wrong with Dottie, would it have made any difference If she’d seen a vet earlier? You had no control over RW, you did what you’ve always done for your furries, you did what you had to. Your words show how much you loved and now miss Fred, and is a very fitting tribute to your lovely boy. I know that no matter how long we have with them, it will never be long enough. I feel cheated that Dottie was only 9, as I know you do when you think of little Francesca, but the important thing is that they had the best life possible with us, and that’s all we can ever hope for.

Thank you @Austina. You gave Dottie the best life and did all you could for her. We do have that in common. Our love for animals, for bling and for our DHs and our family. I get you feel cheated. I do too. Francesca's life span should have been 15 years old at least. She died way too young. At least Fred got to live more years. But of course I am haunted by RW and his last 7 months. But yes the life span of cats is greater than most of our cats have reached and that makes me sad. Butch died at 7 from an aggressive immune mediated kidney disease and Buster from cancer at age 13 and Billy made it to 15 years and 8 months but Frankie only made it to age 10. So yes at least Fred reached a good age but again it was his last year that makes me so very sad. You are right though of course. We give our babies the best life we can and that is all we can do and hope for the very best. Life can be very unkind. I am so sorry Dottie is gone and I feel pain over her death and Zoe's death too. :( Our furbabies are the best and so innocent. Goodness radiates from (most of) them. I say most because Oliver is driving us crazy but that is a story for another day.

We went to the gym this morning, I must admit, it’s a drag and I can’t say I enjoy it, but needs must, especially as the weather was horrible this morning and there’s no way we’d have gone out for a walk.

My glasses are ready, so I’ll pick them up tomorrow and let you know how I get on with them @marcy I may not get a chance to wear them for a few days as I don’t have any immediate plans to go out in the dark.

Window cleaner came this afternoon, so no doubt it’ll be raining again soon :lol:

Edited to add, that after being quoted to repair her ring, Kim took it back to the place it came from, and they agreed to repair it for free, she says it looks like new!

Glad the ring was fixed perfectly. Nice when things work out. Glad you got your windows cleaned and hope it doesn't rain soon. How are your new glasses? I ordered new sunglasses yesterday and cannot wait to get them. I already have these frames but in blue and now got them in a black tortoise. They are a very pretty color and pattern. Sweet you went to the gym and yes it comes in handy when the outside weather makes outdoor exercising challenging. Hope you have a lovely day today Austina. XO.

@Tekate Great Kate oh my goodness your hair is gorgeous. I love the color (you knew that already) and the cut is beautiful on you. LOVE.

awww this is beautiful.. I am so sorry :( :( you are talented beyond belief, so many of the ladies here are.. Fred had the most beautiful eyes Missy, mesmerizing, you gave him such a wonderful life, the best life.. that is worth so much... wish I could bring him back. xoxoxoxo

You are so kind and generous Kate. Thank you. Yes I wish we could bring back all our darling loved ones furry babies and humans alike. Life is hard and life is bittersweet. I am hoping for more sweet than bitter but we take what we get and do the best with it that we can. I miss my sweet babies Francesca and Fred so much and I know you understand completely. Sending you hugs and lots of love.

How is the house coming along? Any updates re the architectural plans and the budget? Hoping it is all going more smoothly and things are working out well. Hugs.

@Slick1 hoping you are doing well and feeling good and that everything is going according to plan. Hugs to you my dear friend and hope your workweek is going well too. XOXO.

@missy It’s such a beautiful poem and tribute to your sweet Fred. ❤
I‘m editing it to say it’s human nature to say to yourself...”What if...?” You were the best mom to him..You had to make decisions for everyone’s health and well being. You did an AMAZING job...He was purring with you the night before. He was content and happy..Fred definitely had a wonderful life with you both...

Thank you sweet Joanne. Yes humans can over analyze and over think things especially this human. I miss Freddie boy so much. Or as @canuk-gal calls him (and I love this nickname) the Fredster. How is your new bling doing? Are you swooning? Cause I swoon looking at it. Totally delish.:love:

It is mind boggling. -40C where my other family lives. Water pipes freeze/blow. Glad this occurnace is but rare...nevertheless horrid.

Please stay warm and safe. Those temps are brutally cold and not meant for us to endure.

Missy how beautiful. So much love, it hurts to read.XX

Perfection. :love: Amazing. I hope you are over the moon happy with it. It's gorgeous. Good luck sweet @Jimmianne today. I am thinking good thoughts and sending bucktloads of healing dust your way for a successful cataract surgery. *******DUST******* and ((((Hugs)))).

Thank you for the lovely comments re the poem. Yes it hurts to read and it hurt to write but it was also cathartic in a way. I write my feelings and it helps. Not a lot but at least a little bit. To get it out and share with my NIRDI friends. Love you girls. XOXO.

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and tomorrow is Greg's Knee replacement surgery. I am nervous of course and hoping it goes smoothly. It's going to be another challenging journey but we will be strong and do the best we can and just hope the surgeon and his team do the very best they can too. Hugs to all of you.

Leaving you with 2 photos from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 5.50.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 5.49.45 AM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wrote a quick poem. It's rough but from the heart. I don't feel like making it purrrfect (still retaining my sense of humor) and want to share it with you girls as is.

Dear Fred our sweet boy
Always such a joy
From when you were young
So terribly shy
As the years went on
You came into your own
Truly a delight
Always a bright light
In our lives all was right

Your purring so strong
Hearing it so sweet
Like the best of songs
Never tiring of the beat

We miss you so much
You were our dearest boy
You have left this world
Taking our joy

The pain is great
The grief so strong
Nothing will ever be right
It just all feels so wrong

You live on in our hearts
And in our minds
Keeping you close
All of the time

But I miss hugging you
Holding you close
Hearing your strong purr
Seeing your pink nose
Your bright green eyes
So beautiful and bold

Truly you were

The brightest of souls

You were growing weak
So frail and old
You were getting tired
Ready to go
But in our minds
you will always be
Still young and alive
near daddy and me

The sweetest old man
You truly were
A big purry love
A big ball of fur

Now you are gone
But never far
You live on in our hearts
The brightest star

One day we will join you
And all our other loves
The time goes so fast
This darkness won't last

One day we will be
Together Forever
Our hearts again light

And all will feel right

Oh missy :(2
that's really beautiful.
canva-box-of-tissues-MADeryIeYxg.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

11B33605-D7C1-4E0B-937A-47C5936D1C67.jpeg 90A9EE2B-4A69-4D12-AB3C-9D379240B1FB.jpeg B09D7956-E92D-44E2-9A1C-A03109289F0D.jpeg

Oooooh @Jimmianne! I love the engraving! It’s so pretty!
Good luck today on your surgery..I hope it goes smoothly..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending extra thoughts to you today @Jimmianne. Your ring turned out WOW, and done so quickly.

Be back later to catch up.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies.

@Scandinavian I am so sorry sweet T was sick again but relieved he is better now. Our cat Butch had an immune mediated disease that was very bad and I am glad you have T's disease under control. Buckets of healing dust to him and continued good thoughts and healing wishes for your mom. And (((hugs))) to you.

Thank you dear Scandi and yes we did/do our best. In hindsight of course there are things we can always improve upon but I agree we couldn't have given him more love. Thank you for your comforting words. Hugs.

Dear @canuk-gal thank you. Your post brings me comfort. It really does. Greg did hold him close while he was waiting for the shampoo to stay on Fred's body for 10 minutes to work its magic and they did enjoy the skin to skin contact. Though Fred hated the baths at least that was something. Yes we loved him with our whole hearts and did everything we could do give him a good quality of life and keep him alive as long as he had that. We cannot go back and change things but oh I wish we could. I know we did the best we could but I am so sad it turned out this way. The if only's do haunt me but I am working through it and taking things one hour at a time lately.

Please stay warm and safe and I hope your temps calm down and warm up very soon. Sending you big warm hugs across the miles and lots of love Sharon. XOXO.

Dear @marcy thank you. We loved them so much. With all our hearts. They were so good and so sweet and our world will never be the same again. Thank you for your kind comments.

Sweet you took the day off yesterday but I am sorry your knee was bothering you. You were very productive despite that and woohoo for lifting 81 lbs. Amazing. Please send some snickerdoodles our way too. LOL I am sure Greg would love that while he is recovering from knee surgery. Nice you got to play cards with Marty and your friend yesterday but haha too bad they had to go back to work. It's nice taking time off work. Sweet. Hope you had/have a good visit with your SIL.

Thank you @Austina. You gave Dottie the best life and did all you could for her. We do have that in common. Our love for animals, for bling and for our DHs and our family. I get you feel cheated. I do too. Francesca's life span should have been 15 years old at least. She died way too young. At least Fred got to live more years. But of course I am haunted by RW and his last 7 months. But yes the life span of cats is greater than most of our cats have reached and that makes me sad. Butch died at 7 from an aggressive immune mediated kidney disease and Buster from cancer at age 13 and Billy made it to 15 years and 8 months but Frankie only made it to age 10. So yes at least Fred reached a good age but again it was his last year that makes me so very sad. You are right though of course. We give our babies the best life we can and that is all we can do and hope for the very best. Life can be very unkind. I am so sorry Dottie is gone and I feel pain over her death and Zoe's death too. :( Our furbabies are the best and so innocent. Goodness radiates from (most of) them. I say most because Oliver is driving us crazy but that is a story for another day.

Glad the ring was fixed perfectly. Nice when things work out. Glad you got your windows cleaned and hope it doesn't rain soon. How are your new glasses? I ordered new sunglasses yesterday and cannot wait to get them. I already have these frames but in blue and now got them in a black tortoise. They are a very pretty color and pattern. Sweet you went to the gym and yes it comes in handy when the outside weather makes outdoor exercising challenging. Hope you have a lovely day today Austina. XO.

@Tekate Great Kate oh my goodness your hair is gorgeous. I love the color (you knew that already) and the cut is beautiful on you. LOVE.

You are so kind and generous Kate. Thank you. Yes I wish we could bring back all our darling loved ones furry babies and humans alike. Life is hard and life is bittersweet. I am hoping for more sweet than bitter but we take what we get and do the best with it that we can. I miss my sweet babies Francesca and Fred so much and I know you understand completely. Sending you hugs and lots of love.

How is the house coming along? Any updates re the architectural plans and the budget? Hoping it is all going more smoothly and things are working out well. Hugs.

@Slick1 hoping you are doing well and feeling good and that everything is going according to plan. Hugs to you my dear friend and hope your workweek is going well too. XOXO.

Thank you sweet Joanne. Yes humans can over analyze and over think things especially this human. I miss Freddie boy so much. Or as @canuk-gal calls him (and I love this nickname) the Fredster. How is your new bling doing? Are you swooning? Cause I swoon looking at it. Totally delish.:love:

Please stay warm and safe. Those temps are brutally cold and not meant for us to endure.

Perfection. :love: Amazing. I hope you are over the moon happy with it. It's gorgeous. Good luck sweet @Jimmianne today. I am thinking good thoughts and sending bucktloads of healing dust your way for a successful cataract surgery. *******DUST******* and ((((Hugs)))).

Thank you for the lovely comments re the poem. Yes it hurts to read and it hurt to write but it was also cathartic in a way. I write my feelings and it helps. Not a lot but at least a little bit. To get it out and share with my NIRDI friends. Love you girls. XOXO.

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and tomorrow is Greg's Knee replacement surgery. I am nervous of course and hoping it goes smoothly. It's going to be another challenging journey but we will be strong and do the best we can and just hope the surgeon and his team do the very best they can too. Hugs to all of you.

Leaving you with 2 photos from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 5.50.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 5.49.45 AM.png

Sweet pics of the kitties...Oliver looks so mellow..Whatever you did to make him like that do it again! Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet pics of the kitties...Oliver looks so mellow..Whatever you did to make him like that do it again! Lol

Hahaha probably it was after a time out in his playpen. Where he is right now. Naughty naughty boy. :naughty:

@Jimmianne LOL I know you are sick of hearing from me so many times last night and this morning but girl, you are going to be A OK and to that end we are all sending you bucketloads of good luck *****DUST*****. It's normal to be nervous but you are going to be just fine. Wish I could be there in person for you honey. Safe flight to your DD and big (((HUGS))) to you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm heading out in a bit but wanted to check in quickly...

@missy, I think most of us have some regrets, or wished things could have been different, when we experience a loss. I know I do. I feel that way about my mother as well as my furbabies, which is hard. But I just try to remind myself that I was dealing with tough situations, I was there for all of them, and I did the best I could under the circumstances. You had no choice but to treat Fred and you made him as comfortable as possible.

Sending Greg and you good thoughts on his surgery and I hope things go as smoothly as possible.

@Jimmianne, wishing you all the best and hoping everything goes well for you. Your ring looks amazing.

@Scandinavian, so sorry T was sick so soon and I hope he stays healthy for you.

Take care all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate you hair cut looks great! We used to be able to choose small or large pictures when we attached them but I haven't seen that option for a long time.

Sorry your hips are bothering you. My right knee wakes me up several times a night and wants to be moved/bent. Sometimes walking makes it better sometimes not.

Lunch with your forever friends sounds fun and tasty.

I'll send some Snickerdoodles your way.

Marcy

@marcy I’m sorry your knee is bothering you enough to wake you up at night. Have you been to the orthopedic doc? They can possibly give you a cortisone shot. You may have fluid in there that needs to be drained. My knee used to be very painful..enough to make me cry..and I have a high pain threshold. It was arthritis..Now it doesn’t hurt..My doctor said in the early phase of arthritis it is more painful..that with time it will probably lessen and then go away. That’s exactly what happened. The arthritis is still there but not painful. I have that with one foot now. It was xrayed and found to have moderate amounts of arthritis. It hurts so much some days I wobble on it until my foot heats up and then I’m good. Hopefully yours will pass..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17 I am sorry for all the pain and heartache you have experienced. You truly were an amazing daughter taking such good care of your mother but I understand having regrets. It was a very tough situation you were in and you handled it with grace and love and did the very best you could.
Thank you for your empathy.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No news from this part of the world.

I do worry about these extreme temps---I think we all do. Not too many back ups......

You are having the weather I was used to as a kid. Enjoy! - from a warm spot, of course.

tomorrow is Greg's Knee replacement surgery.

I know nothing at all of what is done, except more luck must be better for it! Have allot from me!

-

will catch up

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yekaterinburg,

I love it! Now reality is, that I may be a teeny bit Russian I have great grands that one comes in from Germany and the other Eastern Europe, when you look at her census info that I can find, once she said she was Polish, once she said she was Republic of Germany and once Lithuanian.. so the heck knows.

Yekaterina.. that's me. and thank you Jimmie, I like it too, (my hair) never found a stylist I liked in Maine but am back with my styles of 15 years here in Atown.

Hope things go well today, it's 11:37 where you are.. I had eye surgery once, really easy, just a laser thru my eyeball (both of them) for drainage..I'm sure this is a lot more complicated.. take girl. xo

now ETA since I read your post fully. I like the new setting very much Jimmie, makes your stone even lovlier, it's a knockout stone.. to me asschers are somewhat stylized and the new setting is more particular to its style if you get what I mean ha!.. anyway it's gorgeous. xoxo

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back from surgery. So easy. See you guys soon
Not supposed to use eyes today
XX

Take it easy Jimmianne and rest your eyes. So pleased it went well and was easy. Healing hugs and we will “see”you when all is safe for you to read and post. In the meantime rest and relax. Doctor’s orders. ❤️

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Scandinavian thank you, best haircut I've had in years! xoxo

@missy Oh Missy we as mother's tend to only view the sad side of a situation, when I think about being Mike's mom I always mention to him how bad I was and he ALWAYS get's mad and says "stop mom' it was a time in my life when I was a teen and I AM SORRY not you mom.. he's a great son, I cannot get the guilt out of my head most times, BECAUSE we as women feel guilty for everything, Fred, the fearless and finest cat, YOU DID YOUR BEST absolute best to give him the best life Missy, I understand your feelings when you said "haunted" jeezus do I understand that, with my baby Daisy I should have released her earlier, but I didn't I couldn't and I regret till this day. But be nice to yourself be good to yourself.. We are here for reasons and yours is a wonderful one, you are a good good person, so rare today. xoxoxo on that, bask in the love Fred gave you.. he's was gorgeous.. @Austina and @junebug17 and you have terrible loss, I know Austina is still very sad and Junie too.. we are family here on this board.. we all support each other.. I always say old Kate the GREAt is a lucky woman.. How's Greg? rainy right now here in Georgetown TX.. house at a standstill Missy but hopefully next week we meet with the architect AGAIN and we move on to talking with the builder.. I cannot afford more than we said we could to him to build, there is a 3,000 sq ft requirement for the subdivision so we could cut maybe 100feet I dunno, I knew I'd hate this and we haven't done squat. pfffffffft and meh meh.. :) hope everything is going well in the city girl. Marvelous Missy! be good to yourself, you are so good to everyone else. xoxoxo

@Slick1 thinking of you! xoxoxo

@marcy Hi MARCY!! thank you for your compliment on my hair, it looks better than it has for years but i need to lose lose weight :) xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne don't read this, but glad all went well :) xoxoxoxo

@AV_ hi, catching up is always my goal.. trying too, hope weather is beautiful. sending good vibes your way! xoxoxoxo

@Mamabean love again your new stuff, I wish my husband were as generous as yours but we gave up the bucks to retire and I'm sure I live very comfortably and I am very lucky to have this life so there are no complaints really, but I do love all your stuff and think your husband loves you very much and in his way loves to make you happy! xoxoxoxo Joanne my experience with osteoarthritis is not what yours was, in the beginning my right hip hurt when I got into my ford explorer, as time went on (years) it hurt to open my leg past a certain then it become unbearable pain, at first I limped a bit at the end b4 my replacement I could not walk on it, so bad was the pain that I got a cane and I had to get a grocery cart as soon as I could to even go grocery shopping.. One time b4 I could bring myself to have the operation I was in the grocery store hobbling and leaning and a woman came up to me and asked me if I had hip pain? YUP.. she told me that she had had her hip replaced when it became unbearable to walk, where I was now, now I had been going to my orthopedic surgeon for almost 2 years getting vicodin (which was much easier then) and living with it because I couldn't bring myself to do such a major surgery, the woman's story convinced me and I went to my doc the next week and scheduled the surgery and 2 years later I did the other hip b4 it was as bad, now my shoulder is gone, my right one, left one starting, my sports doc lady in Maine told me, uh it's time to get a shoulder replacement p/t doesn't work anymore, vicodin does but it's hard to get they only give a little blah blah.. so I am at the point now where I am considering the shoulder replacement, I cannot move my right arm past right below my mammaries :) of course my left arm I can move all the way, it's constant pain and it wakes me up at night, so my experience is different, osteoarthritis is not necessarily the bane of old age it's gene's and weight and use.. I mean seriously I was never a softball pitcher or something my shoulder just deteriorated as did my hips, although my surgeon (I called him Jack the quack) said my hips looked like a professional basketball players xrays and asked me if I had played in college or HS.. lol, nooo. mine is genetic and weight. so everyone is different I know and lucky you to have no more pain! xoxoxoxox

gonna post this one because the site is telling me someone posted :) xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy Ive been looking for your heart diamond ring and I can’t find it. Please post it again..Now that all my decisions are made I’ll be able to keep up..I know you were trading in your other one..and getting a larger size..What size did get? I just sent mine off to David with the asscher/emerald cut..I’m just getting a little bezel ring to stack.
You are so efficient in the house. I marvel at how organized you are..Here I am on PS when I have a ton to do! This is like therapy for me though so I guess it’s okay..:wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Ive been looking for your heart diamond ring and I can’t find it. Please post it again..Now that all my decisions are made I’ll be able to keep up..I know you were trading in your other one..and getting a larger size..What size did get? I just sent mine off to David with the asscher/emerald cut..I’m just getting a little bezel ring to stack.
You are so efficient in the house. I marvel at how organized you are..Here I am on PS when I have a ton to do! This is like therapy for me though so I guess it’s okay..:wink2:

Here it is @Mamabean

Gorgeous! :love:
post #19479

Attachments

• marcysheart.jpg
    marcysheart.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 12

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo @Jimmianne, glad it’s over and done with (for now) and I hope when you get up tomorrow, your eye sight will be greatly improved.

Do you have a timeframe for your rings @Mamabean? I’m so excited to see your new pieces. :lol: I would say PS is cheaper than therapy, but I think your recent purchases disprove that theory!

Oh @Scandanavian I’m so sorry to hear that T has been ill, poor little chap. It’s scary how quickly they can go down, but equally amazing how quickly they can also recover. I remember one Christmas I was convinced Harry wasn’t going to make it, I sat up all night with him, he kept being ill, I kept trying to get him to drink and then he brought it up. I was frantic with worry. In the morning, he was right as rain again and looking at me as if to say ‘What?” I hope he stays well, you don’t need the extra worry on top of your Mum.

Nice having the day off @marcy, but you were very busy regardless. I’m sorry your joints are not playing nice and causing you pain. You’re very dedicated lifting despite your pain. I’m still on very light weights at the gym, and being careful with my knee. I looked up the recipe for Snickerdoodles, and all I can say is :lickout:

Your hair looks great @Tekate, they’ve made a really good job of it. I hope you can get all these issues ironed out and it doesn’t become a monumental pain. Colin has always liked the theory of having a house built, and the closest we came was our last house that someone had started and then backed out. Everything was already specified, so we couldn’t change anything and ended up with some of their less than desirable finishes.

I’m sending lots of positive thoughts and good wishes for Greg’s surgery tomorrow @missy, I know it’ll be a long day for you waiting for it to be over and for him to be in recovery. I know it’s pointless saying try not to worry, but I’m sure he’ll be in good hands and will come through with flying colours. I will check in during the day to see if there’s any news, because I don’t want to bother you by emailing.

Keep warm @canuk-gal

It’s nice looking at wintry scenes @AV_ but like you, I don’t want to be there!

Hope you had a good day @junebug17

We did our food shopping this morning, and I picked up my glasses. I’ve yet to try them out though. Of course, it rained today!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I’m glad you were brave enough to get your hip replacements. I don’t have pain in my knee anymore but I have it in my neck (c-6)..shoulders and foot. I had melanoma a long time ago...I had been having severe pain in my neck and shoulder. They did a CT scan and thought it was an ultra late recurrence of the melanoma. I had to go through two months of testing. The interventional radiologist drilled a core biopsy from the front of my neck through to the back of my neck into the C6 bone to determine if it was cancer. I was awake during this and told not to move or swallow. We waited ten long days until the results come in. I have degenerative disk disease...so bad that it showed up black on the CT scan. I was never so happy to have that instead of cancer. My disks are so desiccated that I was told I will need that rubber cement..or whatever they use between my disks. I have to be very careful I don’t pick up anything too heavy...Nine doctors of different specialties thought I was dying...My son, Scott, quit his job to stay with us during the testing....It was horrible. Since then my husband has been giving me mad money for my gifts..He thought he was losing me and I guess it makes him feel happy that I’m happy when I’m enjoying bling....I tell him not to do it but he does it anyway...When I told him I wasn’t trading in Libby..he decided I would get one anyway...After I get all the specs right I’m going to tell him that’s enough..and I really mean it..
Are you thinking of getting your shoulder done?

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Please tell Greg that I hope he has a smooth operation tomorrow...I hope he had a speedy recovery too...It will be hard on you until he’s on his feet but I know you will be there for him like he is for you. Have you thought about getting a home nurse to come in and help for a bit each day?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I just sent Ashlee and the heart diamond off to David this morning...I have no idea how long it will take. I usually just wait until he’s done..but since the baguettes have to be hand cut I think it will take longer than usual. He usually sends them together...I think he’ll do that again. The Whiteflash ring will be done in about three weeks. I picked an inexpensive temporary setting because I plan to upgrade again later..possibly next year...Of course the setting I picked takes three weeks to make..I’m dying here..haha After these three rings..I’m done...I just will upgrade the ACA in specs..but probably not in size..but no other bling is in my future for a long time...
What kind of glasses did you get Austina? Costco has nice frames there. I’ve never purchased glasses there but my mom did...She has the cutest frames..They’re pink!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results