carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Scandinavian I image you need a car that does well in snow. I am glad to hear the last chemo is in sight for your mom.

@Jiimmianne, I spent over an hour writing my post and I just wasn’t up to starting over. Just pretend like it was full of wit and wisdom. Ha Ha.

@missy I type my post up in Pages to copy and paste. While I was responding to everyone I was also posting old family pictures of Marty’s family online and closed out of them all in preview saying no don’t save and sadly I did that on my Pages document as well. Darn. I am glad the kitties are getting along with Oliver a little better; hopefully his appetite slows down. I am so sorry to hear about Cuco; he was a cutie. Great pictures of you and Tuey and your hair looks fabulous. LOL at Oliver going for Greg’s snacks. Love your “flashback” photos too. You always look like sweet Missy. I love wash and wear hairdos. I don’t want to spend time no my hair.

@Tekate good luck car shopping. I hope everyone is feeling better today. Are you having bad weather? My SIL in the Dallas area said tornado sirens were going off. Coffee cake sounds great. That is too bad David is such a scatterbrain, glad you finally got a ring and you enjoy it. Good deal the latest house plans look good.

@Daisys and Diamonds I am glad you were able to hug that kitty.

@Austina nice to be building up weights and reps. You will pass me in no time. Your hair looks fabulous.

@Mamabean it is frustrating to lose posts. I hope you, David and your mom enjoy visiting the old neighborhood. That is awesome your heart diamond is showing up Monday, I hope that cad was for you but had the wrong name no it. I can’t wait to see all of your gorgeous diamonds. Sounds like Bailey and you DH will enjoy time together too. I agree with you and @Scandinavian Volvos are great cars. That is cute about the resident cat at the vets.

@bling_dream19 I change out my jewelry daily. Good luck with the funeral tomorrow.

@springerspaniel we are opposites in hair - I have very thick hair. You’d think it would help keep me warm.

Hi @AV_ I like just washing and combing my hair too.

@canuk-gal stay warm - that is COLD.

I was delighted to see 5 pm finally arrive. I made myself a mini pizza for supper and ate 3 chocolate chip cookies.

Marty is with some friends at a vodka distillery downtown; I did not want to go - cold, windy, icy and I just wanted to come home. These little bars downtown are always crazy busy on Friday night, cold and I can drink my ice water anywhere.

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut too. I have a grocery order to pick up at 8, hair cut at 9 and the funeral is at 1 (it’s about 35 miles from here). Marty is going to a grand opening of a strength training gym in Denver and hopefully remembers to pick up my heart diamond on the way home.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! I am exhausted from working all week. Doin nuthin today!

We are entering a deep freeze. Overnight temps down to -34C. Holy sh@$! I absolutely hate this cold weather.

I must go back and read this busy thread!

cheers--Sharon

That’s cold. Even for my north. Stay warm!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian I image you need a car that does well in snow. I am glad to hear the last chemo is in sight for your mom.
Yes lol. Snow, white ice, glass ice and black ice. This winter has crazy temperatures, both in the high and low end. 30C in change over less than 24 hours several times.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I cannot imagine. Stay warm & cozy, please. Can you actually tell the difference between minus 20 and minus 34? It does sound a little dangerous, so I hope your igloo is in good shape.

Marcy, I KNOW your lost post was full of wisdom and wit! Would expect no less from you.

Missy, you haven’t mention Oliver being unruly...is he behaving any better?
He certainly is cute and looks like a sweetheart. I hope you are having success with him.

Kate, I’ve designed and built five houses and remodeled four. It’s a given that you WILL go crazy. It helps to like the people who are working for you, so I hope that’s how it is going for you.

Happy Caturday to everyone. xx

I’m getting exhausted, waking at 2 or 3am consistantly. Yesterday I finally looked at my visa and it turns out I have to be back in France in February for the renewal. Just enough time to heal one eye. The other eye will have to wait. I don’t know why it’s so difficult for me, people go back and forth all the time. But I would like to be someplace long enough to have a garden. First world problem for sure, but wearing me out nevertheless.
Of course, the solution to the « problem » is BLING. :lol:

Scandi, you are incredible! Beautiful socks. Instead of being worn, they should be framed like fine art when they are done.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies- it's Caturday Saturday!

@Tekate aww girlie you say the kindest things. I feel the same way about you. Beautiful inside and out. Yes we miss our soft luxurious hair and color and all that jazz but we have acquired wisdom and perspective and things the the young just don't have. What is that saying...youth is wasted on the young...something like that haha. Anyway big hugs to you. How is Autie feeling now? I am glad the house plans are coming along albeit slowly and that the architect is making some headway and that you are there to correct his mistakes. Hang in there and soon it will have all been worth the energy and effort. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian your hair is gorgeous and I say that firsthand. Love your hair and yes mine is horribly thin but I am just facing facts and I am ok with it. Honestly. I so appreciate your kindness and love and hugs back at ya and continued healing vibes to your mom. I am keeping her in my thoughts every day. (((Hugs))).
And yes those socks are the bees knees. LOVE. I also love that you knit. OH I love handmade clothing and such. It shows love and caring and all that good nurturing stuff. You rock girl.

@Austina beautiful! Or should I say Bella bella...

@marcy of course we are always here for you and support you and woohoo you rock. When you can lit 100 lbs you can lift me. :lol:
Thank you for your generous compliments. Yes, wash and wear hair is easy though it doesn't always look beautiful. I was never one to spend an hour blowing my hair straight etc. I really am a low maintenance girl. I suspect you are as well. In fact, I haven't worn a stitch of makeup since our black tie gala last March and threw away all of my makeup when we got back here. I love the freedom and ease of just being myself. Not for everyone and I never judge anyone for wearing makeup or not. I always support doing what one feels most comfortable doing. Being comfortable in one's own skin is a gift. Truly a gift.

Sounds nice going through old family photos but oh not so nice losing a long post. Frustrating. The kitties seem to be getting along better. Not completely though and the food obsession continues and I suspect we will always need to separate them while they are eating. I love the way Oliver sleeps curled up in my arms though and that is bringing me great pleasure. So it is something. He purrs the whole time. Sweet.

Hope the funeral goes smoothly today for you Marcy and good luck with getting your hair cut. It's weird because it seems there are lots of funerals happening in our world right now. :( My good friend's mom just died and the funeral is next Thursday pretty far away so we cannot go because Greg's TKR is Friday. I wanted to be there for her but the timing doesn't work. :(

Pizza and chocolate chip cookies sound like a yummy Friday evening dinner and I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to go out in the frigid cold last night to join Marty. And yes I bet you were happy to see 5PM arrive yesterday.

@bling_dream19 I hope the funeral goes smoothly this weekend. Sending you good thoughts and lots of love. I am so sorry. :(

@Mamabean hope you had a good drive to NJ and enjoy the weekend dear Joanne. And when you get back woohoo you will be expecting some gorgeous bling.

@junebug17 enjoy a wonderful warm time in Florida. Just the place to rest and relax and rejuvenate and what a perfect time of year to be where it is warmer.

Speaking of warmer oh dear @canuk-gal I wish you could visit us here. It is going to be 61 degrees F here today. Very warm for this time of year. Though I think we might be expecting rain here later. Stay warm and cozy and to that end I am sending you warm (((hugs))).

@AV_ have a great weekend my sassy short haired friend. XO.

@Jimmianne you and me both. I wake around 3 AM every morning and I get out of bed by 4 AM the latest. Today we are bringing Tommy for his thyroid check with my sister and debating bringing Fred too. He is not great. He purrs and hangs out with us but he can barely move his arthritis is so bad and I am terrified to give him his steroids again due to RW fears. Oy. I cannot believe you are heading back to France so soon. But yes it will be enough time for your eye to heal hopefully and I know it will be nice for you to get back there. The cats are getting along a bit better but still not wonderfully. Hoping Oliver mellows out more with each passing month. Fingers crossed. I agree the solution to (almost) all problems *is* BLING. :lol: Hugs.

We ran errands yesterday and stocked up on paper goods etc and Greg showed me how to do laundry downstairs in our building's laundry room. I don't love the machines but they will do so yay for that. Today heading to my sister's office to get Tommy checked and we might bring Fred. Not sure yet. I hate dragging him out and he really is in severe discomfort with his arthritis. But I don't think he had a BM since we have been back here (7 days now) so I think we should bring him. Sigh. And Greg had blood in his urine all day yesterday. He called the urologist in the afternoon when he saw the blood was persisting (sometimes due to kidney stones he does have blood in the urine but yesterday was all day) and no call back. And so it goes. Just hope everything is OK and it doesn't interfere with his TKR next week.

Have a great Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. Hugs.

The kitties hanging out with us last night.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 5.07.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 5.07.38 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and LOL and truth. :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 5.07.47 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 what are your weekend plans? I hope you are enjoying a more quiet January and that you are continuing to feel well. Sending you big hugs and lots of love.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I almost hope Greg does not have to brave knee surgery before the kidney problem gets solved. Enjoy NYC! Laundry et al.

@Scandinavian Knitting is one thing I have not taken up (note to self)

@marcy I can't believe anyone might pay to drink ice water in that winter weather of yours!

-

Almonds are turning white & pink, so I ought to pay them a visit; this is the only kind of news I care for.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I almost hope Greg does not have to brave knee surgery before the kidney problem gets solved. Enjoy NYC! Laundry et al.

@Scandinavian Knitting is one thing I have not taken up (note to self)

@marcy I can't believe anyone might pay to drink ice water in that winter weather of yours!

-

Almonds are turning white & pink, so I ought to pay them a visit; this is the only kind of news I care for.

Yeah I hear you. But it’s best for Greg if he gets the TKR as soon as possible. He literally has no cartilage left in his knee and is very uncomfortable. So fingers crossed all is ok and quiet with his health and that the kidney stones behave til he can get the surgery and recover. :pray:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh I cannot wait. Please keep us posted. SO freaking excited for you.

@missy I’m in NJ at the hotel..but I’ve been back and forth to Becca via email. I picked the diamond..Now I need to pick an inexpensive setting because I won’t know what size it will be next year...I wire the money on Monday! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Jimmianne I can hardly believe it myself. We are not built for these temperatures! And yes I am worried about our igloo---pipes freeze all the time in this weather. I am on edge.

@missy I'd love your temps! Enjoy them! Hope Greg is alright.

Shout out to NIRDI's. Hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend.

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope Greg's issue isn't serious; hopefully he can speak with the urologist soon. I can understand how you and he are anxious to have this surgery and recovery done with. So sorry to hear about Tuey's furbaby. Your hair turned out well, very pretty color. Hoping Tommy's appointment went well and that Fred can somehow get relief for his arthritis.

@Tekate, poor Autie, I hope she's feeling better by now. Glad to hear John is doing a little better. Sounds like the house plans are starting to come along; it's a lot of stress but it's going to be beautiful.

@bling_dream 19, love your diamond pieces, all so pretty. Sending comfort and support to you and your family.

@Mamabean, hope you're having a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing your new sparklies.

@Austina, I'm going to check into the night driving glasses; the glare has been bothering me too. Let me know what you think of them. Your hair looks lovely and the cut is beautiful.

@canuk-gal, enjoy a relaxing day off, you deserve it. And stay inside where it's nice and warm lol.

@marcy, thanks...only there for a few days but it will be nice to go somewhere different. Wow, quite a few nirdis getting haircuts, I hope you like how yours turns out. Oooh, can't wait to see your new diamond.

@Scandinavian, those socks are really pretty. And I'm glad you have something to do that you enjoy and I hope knitting is helping you relax.

@Jimmianne, traveling is very draining and your trip is a long one. It's understandable the thought is daunting to you.

@AV_, have fun checking out the almonds and enjoying the great outdoors.

Dh is taking advantage of the warm weather here and went golfing. I went to the gym and now I'm heading out to do a few errands. He'll be home by the time I get back and I think we'll just stay in and do take-out for dinner.

Have a good day all!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, you are incredible! Beautiful socks. Instead of being worn, they should be framed like fine art when they are done.

You are waaaaaaaay too kind! If i get the hang of this I’ll make you a pair!
Oh and please let me know if you need / want a stop-over here in summer when the north is nice an pretty and warm!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Scandinavian our winter weather sounds interchangeable. I did run my filthy car through the car wash today. Your socks are going to be gorgeous. My sister started an aran pattern afghan that I finished for her; she got messed up on the pattern so I fixed it and finished it. And that reminds me I need to finish my lap blanket for work.

@canuk-gal I converted your -34 and I way underestimated how cold that was. Holy deep freeze!! I can imagine your pipes freeze in that kind of cold.

@Jimmianne I am glad you believe my lost post was full of good things. You’re a good friend. I am so sorry you aren’t sleeping well. Ugh. Marty has that problem frequently too. Darn you can’t get both eyes done before heading back to France but definitely get there in time to renew your Visa.

@missy I’ll stick to lifting bars and weights instead of people. Ha Ha. Although how many teddy bears could I lift? I hardly wear makeup anymore either. Last time was for family pictures at my in-laws 50th anniversary party. I quit mascara several years ago because it was so hard to get it off my eyelashes and then I’d get the “goop” I used in my eye. And yes being comfortable in our own skin is a gift. That’s great the kitties are getting along better and how sweet Oliver likes to curl up on your lap. It does seem like a lot of funerals are happening now. The one today was real informal, the family (daughter mostly) thanked everyone for coming, then about 10 people shared a memory and that was it. They had snacks and people visited. I hope the kitties do well with their checkups at your sister’s office. Sorry Fred isn’t very mobile. I hate to hear Greg is still having blood in his urine. Cute kitty pictures. LOL to body parts falling off.

@AV_ I was going to ask about the almonds last night - they sound very pretty. As cold as it is here and as cold as I always am I love very cold ice water. I fill my cups with ice before adding water.

@Mamabean did you end up getting a 2.75 diamond? How exciting.

@junebug17 and @Austina do let me know about night driving glasses, I’ve been thinking of getting some too; my bad eye distorts headlights so bad it’s like a full moon in my face.

@junebug17 I just had her cut off about a 1/2 this morning but it sure perked up hairdo right up. Have a great time on your quick trip to Florida. I remember the Orlando area had really stinky smelling water; that’s the only place I’ve been to in Florida. Strange that is about all I remember. Nice the DH got in another round of golf. Enjoy your take in dinner.

Marty ended up getting home last night at about 11. I was up before 7 and had groceries to pick up at 8. My hair cut was at 9; then I came home and made myself breakfast and took a shower. I left at about noon for the funeral. I got back to town about 2:30. I ran my filthy car through the car wash, topped off my gas tank and picked up window food for a late lunch.

Marty is on his way home from Denver - I sent him a text to remind him to pick up my ring but his “I’m driving notice” came back. I should watch him on my stalking app to make sure he remembers.

Take care. Stay warm! Be Safe. Shine and sparkle on.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes @marcy our weather is beyond a scandal. Downright treacherous.

not so cheery--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I'm getting my hair chopped off Tuesday it is waaay too long I must say.

@Scandinavian beautiful socks! that is a real project, admire you ability to do this greatly.

@canuk-gal jeez! I hope it's getting warmer for you. Climate change brings colder and warmer temps in Maine our winters did not even freeze lakes some years and it was so damn cold another year.. take care.

@Jimmianne Hi Jimmie, thanks for the tip, John built one house 40 years ago and said he would Never Ever build another but here we are. Love the bling btw. Off to France you will go, my niece married a man from England and while they dated she had to renew her visa and also she had to leave to come back it was weird but they have been married for 5 years now and live in Cornwall. Can you emigrate and stay for good? the only thing I can think of is health insurance, will France allow you to use their health system. One eye it is then, you will be thrilled at how much better you can see. xoxoxo Sincerely hope you can get some full 7 hours of sleep..When I went to Australia and NZ I swear to God it took me a month to get back to a normal sleep pattern.. Once I find out my nephew's wedding I'll let you know where it is. Last September my niece in VA married a day b4 Mike's birthday, this year my nephew in Seattle is getting married April 10th, Autie will be one 4/12 and later on my other nephew will be getting married a day b4 Christopher's birthday in France.. Easy to remember their wedding dates I guess. :)

@missy You are right, my dry white hair with no body is cool looking and everyone here knows I'm an Irish woman with good juju! You are wonderful Missy. Thanks for your and everyone's comments about the house, we went up yesterday and we will have to cut down too many trees for John so we are trying to come up with ways to fix the house so it will save some trees, the architect was supposed to start work on the elevation this week so we have to get to him before he does that. Missy my sister had blood in her urine when she had stones, It's always great to have a laundry room in your building, when I lived in the city I had to lug laundry 2 blocks then we rented a place with a laundry room downstairs, heaven just going down the elevator and back up! I hope I can upload some pix of the lot from yesterday Missy.. we had weird storms etc yesterday, first the sky was sunny, 10 mins later DARK, then sunny and we had hellish T-storms last night, weird even for Texas. sending love to you and Greg.. and healing dust that he can take care of the stones b4 surgery. xoxoxo

@Mamabean go over the wire instructions 10X, make a copy of your license and 3 sigs, Cannot wait to see your new stuff Joanne, it's gonna be home runs all the way.. You have a great hubster, my compliments to him. Hope Jersey is going well. xoxoxo

@junebug17 have a great time in FL.. love the state with all its lovely things to do. xoxoxo

@marcy glad you like your haircut it's always so refreshing when we cut off some hair and everything perks back up.. sorry for all the funerals Marcy, :( sending hugs xoxoxoxo

Hung out all day but Mike en famile will be here for a 'mom's breakfast' as he said, which means waffles and eggs and bacon and mimosa's. I'm going to attach a few pix of the lot so you can get an idea of what it's like now, we are going to have to change the plan to save some trees, trees are worth their weight in gold in Texas as it's hot and hotter and lots of drought... hugs to all the ladies here!

old road that runs thru the lot we own to the fence only.

lot1.jpg lot5.jpg lot2.jpg lot3.jpg lot4.jpg House across the street from our lot, it's nice.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, How Is Autie feeling? I’m sorry John’s allergies have been so bad. Kate, the selling of the house and the move happened so quickly for you. It’s understandable that you are feeling the way you are. Your lot looks beautiful and trees are worth their weight in gold everywhere. I hope you are able to save them. It sounds like you had a fun breakfast with your family.

@Mamabean, Have a great weekend with David and your mom. It’s been so much fun reading about your new diamonds Joanne. Your happiness and excitement comes thru on your posts. I can’t wait to see how you set the asscher and if you notice a big difference between your current stone and the ACA. What a fun week next week will be.

@Austina, Your hair looks sooooo pretty. Do you ever have a bad hair day?

@junebug17 , Have a great time in Florida!!! It’s been dreary here and it’s snowing here. Florida sounds wonderful.

@cute socks @Scandinavian. They will look great on you. I hope you are doing well. Sending dust to your mom and your family.

@canuk-gal , Are you surviving the brutal cold? Those temperatures are dangerous.

@marcy, How was your day? Two funerals in a week has to be hard. Did Marty pick up your diamond? Have you explained to him that diamonds are clearly above strength training on the priority list???

I’m sorry to hear about your brother in law @bling_dream19 . Nothing really prepares your for the loss of a loved one. Your husband is lucky to have you. Your jewelry is stunning,

@Jimmianne, Your new ring is beautiful. The stone looks like it GLOWS.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake aw thanks others asked too and I am too wrapped up in my funky life, Autumn is doing better but still has the bad cough, and now it's cedar time. I'm seeing her tomorrow Callie, her hair is growing in like crazy! She is a real baby now, no more newbornness, I love her! xoxoxoxo to you Callie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM my good friends and you know who you are. Words are easy. Actions speak loud and clear. Happy big and small dog Sunday.

@missy You are right, my dry white hair with no body is cool looking and everyone here knows I'm an Irish woman with good juju! You are wonderful Missy. Thanks for your and everyone's comments about the house, we went up yesterday and we will have to cut down too many trees for John so we are trying to come up with ways to fix the house so it will save some trees, the architect was supposed to start work on the elevation this week so we have to get to him before he does that. Missy my sister had blood in her urine when she had stones, It's always great to have a laundry room in your building, when I lived in the city I had to lug laundry 2 blocks then we rented a place with a laundry room downstairs, heaven just going down the elevator and back up! I hope I can upload some pix of the lot from yesterday Missy.. we had weird storms etc yesterday, first the sky was sunny, 10 mins later DARK, then sunny and we had hellish T-storms last night, weird even for Texas. sending love to you and Greg.. and healing dust that he can take care of the stones b4 surgery. xoxoxo

Dear great Kate! Yay for Autie feeling better and I hope her bad cough settles down and she is completely free of it very soon!!! Haha I love that her hair is growing like crazy. That is wonderful. Love a baby with a lot of hair. Have a great visit with her sweet Kate. I am glad you didn't cut down too many trees before it was too late. I agree it is convenient to have a laundry room on premises. Weird storms for sure and I don't love T storms that are like that but as long as you are all safe and sound. Thank you for the healing dust for Greg. You are a true friend Kate and I appreciate you so much.

@canuk-gal oy to the vey to the weather by you. You gotta be made of tough stuff when you are a Canadian. And you are. Tough and sweet and beautiful and all those good things. Stay warm and stay cozy and comfy and hope you enjoy a wonderful Sunday. XOXO.

@Scandinavian ooh I would also love a pair of the socks you knit...those would be amazing and I would wear them often! just saying...Hugs to you and continued dust to your dear mom. XOXO.

@Slick1 I cannot wait to see the setting you and @Mamabean decide upon....so exciting! Yesterday was such a beautiful day here and your drive in the convertible was perfect. It was a wonderful Saturday. Hugs to you my dear friend.

@missy I’ll stick to lifting bars and weights instead of people. Ha Ha. Although how many teddy bears could I lift? I hardly wear makeup anymore either. Last time was for family pictures at my in-laws 50th anniversary party. I quit mascara several years ago because it was so hard to get it off my eyelashes and then I’d get the “goop” I used in my eye. And yes being comfortable in our own skin is a gift. That’s great the kitties are getting along better and how sweet Oliver likes to curl up on your lap. It does seem like a lot of funerals are happening now. The one today was real informal, the family (daughter mostly) thanked everyone for coming, then about 10 people shared a memory and that was it. They had snacks and people visited. I hope the kitties do well with their checkups at your sister’s office. Sorry Fred isn’t very mobile. I hate to hear Greg is still having blood in his urine. Cute kitty pictures. LOL to body parts falling off.

@marcy - You rock. Lifting so much weight. Amazing. Yes Oliver can be a love. Right now Tommy is curled up in my lap. Super sweet. Purring. I am in heaven. I hear you on quitting makeup. We have a natural beauty from within right? And honestly I am lazy too so this suits me just fine. Though if we had a formal occasion to go to I would probably put some makeup on though I have none in the house now. Wait, no, I lie, I have lip gloss that I like to wear so there you go. I do wear makeup-lip gloss. I am sorry about all the funerals but glad it went well and was informal. You had a very busy Saturday. Hope you have a good Sunday dear Marcy. XOXO.

@missy, I hope Greg's issue isn't serious; hopefully he can speak with the urologist soon. I can understand how you and he are anxious to have this surgery and recovery done with. So sorry to hear about Tuey's furbaby. Your hair turned out well, very pretty color. Hoping Tommy's appointment went well and that Fred can somehow get relief for his arthritis.

Thank you Junie. Kind of you to say. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and things are going smoothly. Hugs.

@missy I’m in NJ at the hotel..but I’ve been back and forth to Becca via email. I picked the diamond..Now I need to pick an inexpensive setting because I won’t know what size it will be next year...I wire the money on Monday! :appl:

@Mamabean Ohhh emmm geeeee....my heart beats faster just thinking of your asscher-emerald... Swoon! Hope you are having a great weekend with David and enjoying all NJ has to offer. The weather has been pretty darn nice for January! Hugs.

@AV_ please explain more about the almonds if you are in the mood. Hugs.

@Austina hope the weekend is going well. Hugs.

@Jimmianne hope you are doing well and feeling zen and also enjoying the last week with your DD. Hugs to you sweet friend.

@bling_dream19 I hope all is going smoothly and I am so sorry for what your family is going through. Gentle hugs. Hope your DH is doing OK.

We brought Tommy and Fred to my sister yesterday and she did bloodwork and urine on Fred and bloodwork on Tommy. She said Fred looks good for a 17 and a half year old cat but he is looking old. She wants us to start him back on the steroids for his comfort but I am wary and am thinking about it. I am worried to bring RW back with the steroids. Lots of thinking to do.Waiting on the blood to see if he has adrenal issues perhaps brought on by taking the steroids away in July. Anyway results back tomorrow hopefully it will be OK.

We walked around the neighborhood the rest of the afternoon and it was a gorgeous day. Truly beautiful and warm and sunny. Very windy but amazing for January. Not sure what is on our agenda today but hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 5.40.52 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Nothing beats trying [re. treatment] ,( I am always jokingly telling every physician who will [foolishly] have me, to treat the aches & think of what caused them later, if needs be. If you get another round of - that not to be called by name - it must be light enough for some local & topical 'scratch'.

I hear you & @marcy !

To begin with:

Screenshot_20200112-121846.png

This [above & top right below] is a clump of blossom & last year's fruit at the top of an old tree [below]. If you wondered, the still hanging almonds are very good - it must be their perfect way to be 'stored' over winter; the ones that fall & swell toward sprouting are a delicacy [I never sprout almonds, because I do not have to; I certainly would if only dry were available.]

Screenshot_20200112-123223.png

I slightly prefer the white flowers & this (next) is the first almond to flower here - a week before all the rest, it is a bush-sized regrowth off an old root, just out of rach!

Screenshot_20200112-121915.png

Until mid February, there will always be some comming into bloom, then cherries - not many around since they cannot stand the dry summer, then quinces - possibly my favorite flowers of all! Pomegranates end the tree flowering season & I will have had enough for a year.

@Tekate I suspect some of these weeds do as well in Texas - the land & weather seem very close.

Off with the camera [ & I've run out of almonds - it'll not do!]

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian ooh I would also love a pair of the socks you knit...those would be amazing and I would wear them often! just saying...Hugs to you and continued dust to your dear mom. XOXO
Carefull what you wish for... :Up_to_something::lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread is moving! I will be home later today..but will catch up in the morning! Hugs to all the NIRDI’s! ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, we had to rush Fred to be euthanized. All of a sudden he was in horrible distress. He’s gone.

Greg and I are broken hearted. He was fine yesterday. :(
My heart aches. He’s gone. All those months we tortured him with RW treatment and now he’s gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @missy, I’m so desperately sorry, I feel your pain that your sweet boy has gone. Things can change so suddenly as we know only too well. I know it’s absolutely no consolation that he is no longer suffering, and that your hearts are breaking from his loss.

bqueen2kt

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this, I was hoping this would be a better year for you furry friends

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Austina and @bqueen2kt

@Austina i know you understand. How much pain must we bear. I guess the answer is as much pain as we must. :(

At the moment it seems too much to bear. Sweet Fred. Just purring next to us last night. I take comfort in that he was 17 and a half but I mourn the fact we put him through so much since July. I know we gave him the best life we could but I am broken-hearted. He’s with Francesca now but truth be told they really never hung out together in real life.

RIP Sweet Fred. We love you so much and always will.

Reactions: AV_

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, we had to rush Fred to be euthanized. All of a sudden he was in horrible distress. He’s gone.

Greg and I are broken hearted. He was fine yesterday. :(
My heart aches. He’s gone. All those months we tortured him with RW treatment and now he’s gone.

Oh no honey! But please know that he loved all months with you, even the RW ones!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no honey! But please know that he loved all months with you, even the RW ones!

Thanks sweetheart. Just got off phone with my sister because I wanted to have more info. He had a massive heart attack but not a myocardial infarction which is what a massive heart attack is in humans. Instead he had a rupture of the chordae tendonae around the heart which caused his heart not to pump and he couldn’t breathe easily. It was awful. We rushed him to a local vet who put him on oxygen and we discussed the options and chose what we felt was the best option for Fred. Peace. I miss him so and do take comfort in that we did the best we could for him. But so close on the heels of Francesca’s untimely death and then RW gate, well of course we are devastated. I don’t know what to do with myself. I am in emotional pain. I know you understand.

@Scandinavian hugs to you and continued healing wishes to your mom. I hope she is off chemo and starts feeling well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results