shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Missy I know you and Greg are devastated. You gave him such a good life and so much love. Hugs and comfort to you sweet Missy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sweet @bling_dream19 ❤️

Dear Fred. He was a sweet baby and an even sweeter old man.

As a kitten

9D7A42FC-9545-45FB-87C8-3A349C5E0A8B.jpeg

This past summer

534CA0D1-FB28-4389-9158-46FFCAA785DE.jpeg

And just the other night
3136C6C3-4EE9-4C90-9AEB-217A77C1374F.jpeg

:(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My heart is breaking for you @missy..I’m crying in the diner here in NJ..I have no words..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was certainly a very handsome gentleman @missy .

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Missy, I am sorry. Please don’t feel that you were torturing him with the RW treatment, you were only doing what was best at the time. Hugs to you, who care so much and are such a good mother to your kitties, always.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--my eyes are blurry. I am so sad about Mr. Fred. Poor guy--you will love him always.

healing vibes across the miles. Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks sweetheart. Just got off phone with my sister because I wanted to have more info. He had a massive heart attack but not a myocardial infarction which is what a massive heart attack is in humans. Instead he had a rupture of the chordae tendonae around the heart which caused his heart not to pump and he couldn’t breathe easily. It was awful. We rushed him to a local vet who put him on oxygen and we discussed the options and chose what we felt was the best option for Fred. Peace. I miss him so and do take comfort in that we did the best we could for him. But so close on the heels of Francesca’s untimely death and then RW gate, well of course we are devastated. I don’t know what to do with myself. I am in emotional pain. I know you understand.

@Scandinavian hugs to you and continued healing wishes to your mom. I hope she is off chemo and starts feeling well.

I guess not even true love can heal the heart. I am so very sorry for your loss.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, we had to rush Fred to be euthanized. All of a sudden he was in horrible distress. He’s gone.

Greg and I are broken hearted. He was fine yesterday. :(
My heart aches. He’s gone. All those months we tortured him with RW treatment and now he’s gone.

Oh no @missy. I am so sorry; my heart is aching for you and Greg. Big hugs to both of you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal I would say that cold of weather would be treacherous and dangerous. Stay safe and warm.

@Tekate your lot looks lovely. I can’t wait to see everything a year from now. Nice that you are getting your hair chopped off this week; it is always so nice to just have a new “do”. Sorry you had weird storms yesterday; it sounds like our summer Thunderstorms moved your way. Another thing our do is once that rain falls the temperatures drop 30-40 degrees. “Mom’s breakfast” sounds delicious. Your neighbor’s house looks quite nice.

@Calliecake Marty did pick up my diamond but he didn’t get the memo they are more important than strength training - he brought in brochure from that and left my ring in the pickup. At least he went back and got it right away. How are you doing? No, I did not enjoy 2 funerals in one week.

@missy special occasions are about the only time I put on makeup anymore. I like that extra few minutes of sleep in the morning. Your walk yesterday with Greg sounds lovely.
RIP sweet Fred. You gave him a wonderful life.

@AV_ love the pictures of the trees in bloom. Very pretty. I’m with you on diagnosis - just fix it for me I don’t want to worry about how I got it. My sister to this day keeps pointing out to me links of things to leukemia - yes our mom used that but it won’t help her now.

@Mamabean safe travels home today.

I slept in for a change. 7:55. I took a few pictures of my ring, have been working on laundry, lifted and had lunch. We grilled 96% lean hamburger and they were awful. Marty got them a little overdone but not burnt; they were way too dry. I didn’t finish mine. We had cherry tomatoes and fruit too so I filled up on them.

I lifted 80 pounds today - 15 times. That is 1200 pounds combined. I impressed my self.

I do like my ring. The heart is big enough to tell it’s a heart; the 1/2 carat wasn’t clearly defined as such. It is a .80 carat, I, Si1 and to the eye looks white but looks yellow in quite a few photos. I got out my UV light and it’s yellow florescent. I wonder why the GIA certificate don’t listed that - it says none. It sparkles nice so I am happy so far. If the color bothers me I can upgrade within 30 days for a higher color.

Take care.
Marcy
HrtDia.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @missy, Fred was such a sweet kitty and I know you and Greg will miss him so much. Sending support and comfort to you both.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, love the cut of this stone [and the color...although in person you can’t see it]. Can you get a photo under UV light?
Enjoy! And more photos if you feel like it, please.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Jimmianne Here is a photo under the UV light with my medium blue EC diamond ring. The PC diamond on the right side of the heart ring is a blue florescent too. I'd noticed several of my side / accent diamonds in rings went yellow too.

IMG_4931.JPG

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I had to step out of lurkdome to comment how so very sorry I am for your loss of dear Fred. Much love and warm hugs to you all. E119A117-2435-4025-9EAA-BE424F40D0B8.gif E119A117-2435-4025-9EAA-BE424F40D0B8.gif

Hi NIRDIs! Sorry I just can’t keep up with this thread but sending virtual (((hugs))) to you all.

Reactions: AV_

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’m so sorry for your loss. Please know that everything you did during Ring Worm Gate, you had to. When you think about how long that was compared to all the wonderful years you had together, the good times overwhelmingly outweigh the bad.

I hope your broken heart heals sooner than later.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Aw Missy, I am so sorry. there are no words to describe the utter pain you and Greg have experienced this past year and early this year.. I am so so sorry. sending a loving hug to you and Greg, Missy Fred was adorable. xoxoxoxo

Girls, we had to rush Fred to be euthanized. All of a sudden he was in horrible distress. He’s gone.

Greg and I are broken hearted. He was fine yesterday. :(
My heart aches. He’s gone. All those months we tortured him with RW treatment and now he’s gone.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister started an aran pattern afghan that I finished for her; she got messed up on the pattern so I fixed it and finished it.
You are way more talented than me! I have more than enough trouble fixing my own mess lol. Even if I’m better with crocheting than knitting lol. But that isn’t saying much
:lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Austina @marcy @Mamabean @Tekate @Slick1 @canuk-gal @Luvallgems @bling_dream19 @Scandinavian @JPie @Jimmianne @rainwood

The loss is great and on the heels of Francesca's death and RW gate it is overwhelming.

We do take comfort in the fact we gave Fred all our love and we did the very best we could for him. From the day we rescued him when no one else wanted him. An asthmatic cat who was extremely skittish and super shy. He was sitting at the vet clinic being used as a blood donor cat as he was "unadaptable". Once my sister alerted me to his existence we couldn't not adopt him.

He had a hard beginning as all rescues do. But he flourished under our care and while he never cared for other cats he was a sweet boy who became more loving with each year and less shy. Fred was a good boy. A sweet kid. A darling and a love bug. Truly a lover not a fighter. We love(d) him so much.

Weirdly enough Oliver never bothered Fred. He runs after Tommy mostly and Bobby occasionally but he would sniff Fred and walk away. Why? I don't know. Maybe he sensed Fred was old and tired or maybe something else. But I was grateful Oliver never bothered Fred. It is probably what saved Oliver because if he did mess with Fred I would have had to do something about that.

There are no words that adequately describe how we are feeling right now. Many of you have been there and get it. Those of you who have loved and lost furry family members understand. They are our furry children and while I am not comparing them to human children they are still our kids and when you have a fur baby and love that fur baby with all your being and that fur baby dies sadly you understand. I know all of you have experienced loss of loved ones and I am sending you gentle hugs. Each and everyone of you. Who sent me an email, a text, or called me. Or shared your condolences here with me. Thank you. It has been a challenging 7 plus months (who am I kidding-it's been a challenging 5 plus years) but I know this is life. And it is what it is and while I hope and pray for some peace and joy I also know we will make the best of things and take it one day at a time. It is all we can do.

Rest in peace dear Fred. You are in our hearts forever and we will always love you. We will always miss you. And one day we will all be reunited.

“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal"

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 4.34.20 AM.png

And this quote stays with me...grief is the price we pay for loving deeply.

"The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief - But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love."

Leaving you with this photo from a few years ago...Fred and Greg had this routine. Whenever Fred wanted to be brushed he would go to Greg's office and wait in the doorway and that would signal to Greg he wanted to be brushed. He was quite the purr baby. I have many videos of Fred purring up a storm. He was the sweetest.

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 4.44.57 AM.png

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Austina @marcy @Mamabean @Tekate @Slick1 @canuk-gal @Luvallgems @bling_dream19 @Scandinavian @JPie @Jimmianne @rainwood

The loss is great and on the heels of Francesca's death and RW gate it is overwhelming.

We do take comfort in the fact we gave Fred all our love and we did the very best we could for him. From the day we rescued him when no one else wanted him. An asthmatic cat who was extremely skittish and super shy. He was sitting at the vet clinic being used as a blood donor cat as he was "unadaptable". Once my sister alerted me to his existence we couldn't not adopt him.

He had a hard beginning as all rescues do. But he flourished under our care and while he never cared for other cats he was a sweet boy who became more loving with each year and less shy. Fred was a good boy. A sweet kid. A darling and a love bug. Truly a lover not a fighter. We love(d) him so much.

Weirdly enough Oliver never bothered Fred. He runs after Tommy mostly and Bobby occasionally but he would sniff Fred and walk away. Why? I don't know. Maybe he sensed Fred was old and tired or maybe something else. But I was grateful Oliver never bothered Fred. It is probably what saved Oliver because if he did mess with Fred I would have had to do something about that.

There are no words that adequately describe how we are feeling right now. Many of you have been there and get it. Those of you who have loved and lost furry family members understand. They are our furry children and while I am not comparing them to human children they are still our kids and when you have a fur baby and love that fur baby with all your being and that fur baby dies sadly you understand. I know all of you have experienced loss of loved ones and I am sending you gentle hugs. Each and everyone of you. Who sent me an email, a text, or called me. Or shared your condolences here with me. Thank you. It has been a challenging 7 plus months (who am I kidding-it's been a challenging 5 plus years) but I know this is life. And it is what it is and while I hope and pray for some peace and joy I also know we will make the best of things and take it one day at a time. It is all we can do.

Rest in peace dear Fred. You are in our hearts forever and we will always love you. We will always miss you. And one day we will all be reunited.

“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal"

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 4.34.20 AM.png

And this quote stays with me...grief is the price we pay for loving deeply.

"The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief - But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love."

Leaving you with this photo from a few years ago...Fred and Greg had this routine. Whenever Fred wanted to be brushed he would go to Greg's office and wait in the doorway and that would signal to Greg he wanted to be brushed. He was quite the purr baby. I have many videos of Fred purring up a storm. He was the sweetest.

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 4.44.57 AM.png

He was a sweet looking boy @missy. Fred’s purr sounded like he had a little motor going. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was a sweet looking boy @missy. Fred’s purr sounded like he had a little motor going. ❤

Thank you Joanne. He really did purr up a storm even during his last few months. He was a sweet sweet boy. And thank you for being always so kind and generous. It means the world to me especially now when the pain is great. I don't know how to adequately express my gratitude to the NIRDIs who have stood by me despite all the recent awful experiences. (((Hugs))).

The greater the love, the deeper the grief.... ♥ ((Hugs)) @missy

Dear @Slick1 yes you know it. Thank you for the hugs and thank you for your strong and steady support. (((Hugs))). Keeping good thoughts for you this Tuesday and sending continued bucketloads of healing dust.

I am going through photos and sadly I have so many fewer photos of Fred than Francesca. But look at this one and how tiny Francesca was compared to Fred when we first adopted Francesca. Fred was about 7 plus in this photo.

fredonredblanket.jpeg

@Scandinavian yes you are so right. Even true love cannot mend one's broken heart. But it is the price we pay for great love. Sending you lots of love and lots of good wishes for your mom. I think of her every single day. (((Hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I knew something must be wrong ,( @missy Darn, how life's short, even if 17 is good old age.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I cannot stop thinking of all this trauma you and Greg have been going through. You know the saying "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle" thing, I dunno if that's true really but our choices are often to give up or go ahead. I know you will choose going ahead because that is you, but it is often easy to just give up and not give ourselves, you won't do that but I also know trauma takes so long to get over. Know I'm here anytime you need me. xoxoxoxo my loving mom heart to yours.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

What a lovely video of Fred purring his little heart out @missy. I know you’ll have woken up this morning, if you actually managed to sleep, feeling utterly wretched. But I’m glad you’re able to think of Fred and realise that only you and Greg gave him the chance of a wonderful life, and that you always did what was best for him and the other kitties. I don’t think anyone else would’ve gone the distance through RWGate and the other issues that you’ve faced, and been prepared to do whatever it took. He was a lucky puss that he had 17 and a half years of total love and devotion from you both.

If we didn’t put our hearts and souls in to taking such good care of our furries, then we wouldn’t feel so utterly bereft when they’re gone.

They had tornado warnings in Austin on Friday @Tekate, because Kim and her colleagues were told to get home a.s.a.p. I don’t think it turned out to be a problem, but she was glad to get home early. Sorry it’s a difficult time for you remembering your Mum and sister, hopefully you have good memories which make it more bearable. Your plot looks lovely and flat which’s make building a lot easier.

@marcy, your ring is beautiful, and I love the setting, my marquise has SBF and some of the melee really fluoresce deep blue.

Great photos @AV_ the blossom is so pretty.

Your socks are looking good @Scandanavian and will be really cosy. I haven’t knitted anything for ages. The last thing I knitted was some doggie paw print blankets for Battersea Dogs home. Continuing to keep your Mum in my thoughts and keeping everything crossed for the best possible outcome.

When do you have your surgery @Jimmianne (if you don’t mind saying)?

I’ll certainly let you all know how the night driving glasses are when I get them, hopefully on Thursday. I mentioned them to Adam and he said he also finds night time driving with all the lights difficult.

I hope you had a good time and David enjoyed his weekend away @Mamabean

We didn’t do much over the weekend, just cleaning and cooking, and binge watching some programmes. Colin renegotiated our satellite TV package, so we now have Netflix, and caught up with series 3 of Designated Survivor.

We’ve both had dental appointments this afternoon, and go the all clear for another 6 months.

I have contributed to the Megxit thread, and ruffled some feathers. Apparently it’s ok to call us Brits snooty and classists, but when I pointed out that snooty is a derogatory term and is only used when talking about Brits, so that makes it racist, it didn’t go down too well :lol:

Didn’t have a great talk with Shirley yesterday, she kept complaining about her DIL, so I had to keep changing the subject, for 3 hours :shock:

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs had a good weekend.

I have Pilates tomorrow, then we’re meeting our friends for lunch and going to the cinema to see 1917.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina didn't bother me, your snooty comment. I think there is a total snooty and classist system in the USA too. I think it's changing slowly all over the world, and something that Harry is doing is fastly pushing that change - the uncle? didn't read much about him but hanging out with pedophiles isn't a good thing for anyone's career.

In England people can tell from which areas a person of from by their accent and to a smaller extent you can here too. I know when I first heart southern drawls when I moved to North Carolina in 1990 I thought OMG these people are stupid, they weren't, quite bright, it's just an accent. We all learn by reading, listening, watching, experiencing. My experience in England is just one time and I found people to be exactly like here, some nice, some busy, some disdainful of an American (which I attributed to our war mongering), a lot of what is happening around the world is based on the old ways vs the new, where it will end, not so sure but I do believe things will all work out.

xoxoxo

(plus ruffle a few feathers is good for people sometimes).

also the storm wasn't what it was supposed to be :) good for us here in Austin area. can't wait till you get here!

Hello lovelies

What a lovely video of Fred purring his little heart out @missy. I know you’ll have woken up this morning, if you actually managed to sleep, feeling utterly wretched. But I’m glad you’re able to think of Fred and realise that only you and Greg gave him the chance of a wonderful life, and that you always did what was best for him and the other kitties. I don’t think anyone else would’ve gone the distance through RWGate and the other issues that you’ve faced, and been prepared to do whatever it took. He was a lucky puss that he had 17 and a half years of total love and devotion from you both.

If we didn’t put our hearts and souls in to taking such good care of our furries, then we wouldn’t feel so utterly bereft when they’re gone.

They had tornado warnings in Austin on Friday @Tekate, because Kim and her colleagues were told to get home a.s.a.p. I don’t think it turned out to be a problem, but she was glad to get home early. Sorry it’s a difficult time for you remembering your Mum and sister, hopefully you have good memories which make it more bearable. Your plot looks lovely and flat which’s make building a lot easier.

@marcy, your ring is beautiful, and I love the setting, my marquise has SBF and some of the melee really fluoresce deep blue.

Great photos @AV_ the blossom is so pretty.

Your socks are looking good @Scandanavian and will be really cosy. I haven’t knitted anything for ages. The last thing I knitted was some doggie paw print blankets for Battersea Dogs home. Continuing to keep your Mum in my thoughts and keeping everything crossed for the best possible outcome.

When do you have your surgery @Jimmianne (if you don’t mind saying)?

I’ll certainly let you all know how the night driving glasses are when I get them, hopefully on Thursday. I mentioned them to Adam and he said he also finds night time driving with all the lights difficult.

I hope you had a good time and David enjoyed his weekend away @Mamabean

We didn’t do much over the weekend, just cleaning and cooking, and binge watching some programmes. Colin renegotiated our satellite TV package, so we now have Netflix, and caught up with series 3 of Designated Survivor.

We’ve both had dental appointments this afternoon, and go the all clear for another 6 months.

I have contributed to the Megxit thread, and ruffled some feathers. Apparently it’s ok to call us Brits snooty and classists, but when I pointed out that snooty is a derogatory term and is only used when talking about Brits, so that makes it racist, it didn’t go down too well :lol:

Didn’t have a great talk with Shirley yesterday, she kept complaining about her DIL, so I had to keep changing the subject, for 3 hours :shock:

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs had a good weekend.

I have Pilates tomorrow, then we’re meeting our friends for lunch and going to the cinema to see 1917.

:wavey:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy I am so, so sorry to hear of Fred’s passing. You certainly didn’t need yet another loss on your plate. Fred... such a cute little purr-monger. I’m sure over the rainbow bridge, his sore, arthritic body will no longer inhibit his free spirit. Gentle (((Hugs))) to you and Greg.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ Missy, I just caught up today. I am so sorry about Fred. I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Fred sounds like he was a little purring machine right until the end. He was showing you and Greg how much he loved you. You and Greg are the best fur parents! I’ll be in touch offline.

@Austina - the Megxit thread sure turned ugly didn’t it? I am glad you spoke up. I think it was the timing of their announcement that bothered me the most as it was right after the downing of the Ukrainian Airlines plane. 172 people died with 57 of them being Canadians (8 from my city), so it’s hard for me to have much sympathy for these two.

To all the NIRDIs - I wish all of you peace, love, health and happiness. We live in troubling and stressful times. Virtual hugs to all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results