shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg...I made my last purchase this year! I’ve been kicking myself around the block missing out on the five stone asscher band from Blue Nile...I have been stalking their site daily hoping someone returned one..and they ran out..and the sale ran out too...Low and behold I went on today..It’s back in stock for more money than the last sale but still on sale so I jumped! I’m so excited! I think I will get it on Tuesday! Merry Christmas to me! I hope I love it!

Really excited to see it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG where to start.

Bling Dream, congratulations on your special day! I am so happy for you that it went so well. Yay!!!

Scandi, I hardly know what to say...your new ring is beyond incredible. The perfect ski ring of course!

Kate and Austina, how lovely that you had a chance to spend time together. Whole lotta bling going on there...and Austina I love your frowny faced leash holder. I know you miss Dottie so much.

Marcy, I grew up outside Buffalo (NY) and some days you were driving through canyons of snow that lasted too long. What you need for Christmas is a giant hairdryer! But a few days of warmer weather might just do the trick , so good luck with that snow disappearing. I hate to hear how much your knees bother you.

Missy, I need to scroll back through this thread to see the history of what is going on with Greg. He is in such good shape, I know he will come through like a champ. He knows he does not have to worry because you will take care of that part!

Scandi’s ring is a tough act to follow, but my snake ring came yesterday and I am quite pleased with it. I thought it may have been a mistake to buy, but when I opened the box it was, like, ALRIGHTY! It’s actually not gaudy enough LOL ( or maybe it is)
7D897C97-BED8-45AA-8719-59960ABFF62B.jpeg
Going to DD & SIL’s marriage party tonight and will get to see many of the in now grownup kids I used to yell at when they were teens. A couple of them confessed I still terrify them lol.
I’m staying in a nearby hotel due to terrible night vision so the whole thing’s an adventure.
Good weekend to you all!

You'll have so much fun!!! Enjoy your party and your family!!

I love your ring--sincerely you have a great eye and find the BEST stuff!!!! I'm jeali!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Scandinavian! It’s coming Christmas Eve! I may have to sign for it in the middle of me kneading dough for pizza! Hopefully it will come earlier in the day! :lol:

I can’t wait for you to get your gorgeous ring @Mamabean and fingers crossed it goes on sale further within the time period so you can get it at the lowest sale price. It’s going to be beautiful on you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, wow, wow @Scandanavian, your ring is stunningly beautiful and the pink tutu is sublime :kiss2: So happy that amidst all that you’re dealing with ATM, you have something so beautiful to cheer you up.

How exciting @Mamabean, I’m glad you managed to find what you wanted, it sounds lovely. Sounds like you’ve got a lot going on there, I hope DH gets better quickly so he can enjoy Christmas.

What a great deal @canuk-gal, you can’t beat a bargain!

Lovely snakey @Jimmianne, really unusual and the colours are beautiful, it’s a perfect middle finger ring.

How’re things with you @junebug17, are you all set for Christmas?

Thanks @Calliecake, I hate seeing the lead rack empty (we’ve put all Dottie’s things away), but it does make me smile because it captures Dottie so well. I expect your little nieces are getting so excited for Santa to come :D

I hope everything went well at the vet this morning @missy and Tommy’s results are good. How lovely to meet up with your friend for dinner last night, it’s always fun getting out and of course, not having to cook. I’m sure we all feel the same that we’re lucky to have found each other and made lasting friendships. Who da thunk it? :lol:

I think we might’ve sent the cold weather back to you @marcy, because it’s been lovely here today, really bright and sunny, although not exactly warm. Good score on getting Marty to go to the shops so you didn’t have to.

Lovely photo @Daisys and Diamonds, I know it’s what you’re used to, but it would seem strange to us to have a summer Christmas, as much as I expect it would be strange to you to have a cold Christmas. Are you all set now?

Kim did my nails this morning for me, with cat’s eye polish, purple and bronze/gold, gives an unusual finish.

I cleaned Bella and Marilyn for their photo shoot :D

We went to Costco this afternoon and it wasn’t too chaotic, got a brisket, ham and turkey as well as a few other things.

Happy weekend lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Daisys and Diamonds your Pohutakawa looks fabulous. Very pretty.

@Jimmianne I bet those tunnels of snow in Buffalo were something. We see that in the mountains around here but usually snow melts where we live but not this time. Thank you - I am not enjoying my knee pain right now. I think I hurt / ache from my neck to the bottom of my feet. I am super achy today. Your snake ring is quite pretty. You did good. I hope you had a blast at the party tonight. I am glad you stayed overnight to be safe.

@missy in about a month I’ll get to see gorgeous sunsets driving home. Yippee. Yikes to cycling in 28 degree weather. That’s pretty cold for cycling. Glad to you got to meet up with your friend for dinner. Great Christmas decorations and of course I love the Snoopy. I hope Tommy’s check went fine.

@Mamabean I hope your DH feels better soon and can get to Maryland with the rest of your presents. Darn that the Kitchen Aid wouldn’t fit in the car either. That’s great to hear David has been a big help to you. I hate to hear Chris won’t be able to make it for the day; hopefully you can FaceTime with him so he can see Jackson. Good luck getting everything done. How exciting you got the 5 stone asscher band from Blue Nile, I can’t wait to see ti.

@canuk-gal you did hit the jackpot and such a deal to be half price.

We are working on getting ready for tomorrow. Marty is cooking, I’ve been getting out Christmas dishes and setting the table. I lined our banister with bears and rabbits.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy what is Marty cooking?
@missy hope Tommy's bloodwork is OK. He is handsome!
@Austina hope your visit with your son/new family is fabu. Your nails are festive!!!!
@junebug17 hope your brother is feeling better.

Coming down after two very busy work week's. I look forward to watching terrible Christmas movies! (I need some non reality for a while LOL).

Staying in town for Christmas. Has been a long time since we've done that--usually we are negotiating bad weather for travelling, but not this year. Weather is very fine for our neck of the woods, but folks at home are all sick with the flu/colds. I'll cook here for my little family.

My DH told me he got my Christmas presents early...boots and shoes? Gotta love men.

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, wow, you are definitely very busy with holiday prep. I hope you can find some time to rest up a little too. It's a shame your dh is so sick and I hope he can join you soon. It's so sweet that David helped you. I know that must have meant so much to you. It's too bad Chris can't join you but hopefully you and he can still visit at some point. So exciting that you're getting that asscher band, it's beautiful and I can't wait to see it.

@missy, thank you for the recommendation of holy basil - I passed it on to my brother and he's going to look into it. Your new earrings are really beautiful; you must be so anxious to get them. Great news about the rw results, sounds like you and Greg can start to move on and put this experience behind you. Hopefully the laser procedure will help your gums. Nice that you have plans to visit your aunt and uncle, will be great to spend some time with family.

@bling_dream19, you probably won't see this until you're back but congratulations to you and your husband and I wish you all the happiness in the world! I'm so glad everything worked out well. I hope you have a fabulous honeymoon. Your wedding set is absolutely stunning.

@AV_, very glad to hear that you're not overwhelmed with work right now. I hope you enjoy the holiday season. Good for you for turning each Sunday into a holiday, I'm sure the break is good for you.

@Austina, so good to hear that your visit with Shirley was pleasant. Really nice of you to make the effort to see her and it sounds like she had a good time. Love that lead rack, so sweet. What a relief you found your pendant; thank goodness you checked the car. And how great that you and Tekate were able to meet and spend time together.

@Tekate, so nice that you are babysitting your sweet Autie. I totally get how crazy a time it is for you, and I hope you can get into more of a calmer routine after the holidays.

@Austina and @Tekate, love the pic of the two of you. You are both beautiful. And the bling pic is awesome, such gorgeous diamonds.

@marcy, you are doing so well with your lifting, really impressive. Love the pics of your earrings and your dangles and emerald cuts are just so pretty. Nice that you have some time off for the holidays. I had to edit my post because I am completely mixed up and had the day of your dinner wrong lol. I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow with your family.

@Calliecake, I'm not completely ready for Christmas but I'm getting there Lol. I enjoyed The Irishman. I like mob movies though! I've seen some critics say it was too long and boring. It was long, 3 and a half hours, but it kept my interest. Sounds like Aunt Calliecake has done a wonderful job shopping - your nieces are going to be thrilled.

@Scandinavian, you really do have a lot going on. I'm so sorry about the illnesses in your family right now, very tough. Hoping everyone starts doing better soon. Your pink diamond halo is beyond gorgeous and I hope it's bringing a little joy to your days. What a fabulous ring.

@Jimmianne, I love your snake ring. It's very unique and really beautiful. So happy that you will be surrounded by family and friends at Christmas. The ornaments you painted are fantastic; such a great idea.

@canuk-gal, love your Christmas presents! Your dh really came through. A quiet holiday at home with your small family actually sounds really lovely and relaxing. Thanks for the kind words about my brother.

Things were a little hectic this past week...my friend's dd came down with a shingles infection and it caused a hearing loss. To make matters worse, the doctor ordered an MRI for her dd to check for MS so my friend went to Washington DC to be with her. I kept her dog overnight and my friend spent a night with me to break up her trip. Luckily her dd is ok except for the hearing loss...and she's only 23. Just an emotional week, hard to see my friend and her dd go through all that.

Just spending some time now getting ready for the holidays...dd and her boyfriend will be here, and dh's brother and wife will be joining us on Christmas Day.

Sending good thoughts to all!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal we are having tacos tomorrow. He is making shredded chicken, ground beef, rice, working on all of the veggies. Tomorrow he is making guacamole. It smells good. Enjoy those Christmas movies. it’s abnormal for us to be this warm at Christmas but our snow hasn’t melted yet so it’s still a white Christmas.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drove Greg to the hospital. He’s in lots of pain. It might be a kidney stone but we don’t know. At emergency now. Waiting.

Reactions: AV_

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drove Greg to the hospital. He’s in lots of pain. It might be a kidney stone but we don’t know. At emergency now. Waiting.

Oh no! What? Thinking of you!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no @missy! Poor Greg! I hope they saw him quickly..and not in pain now..

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending healthy vibes your Greg’s way @missy !

Hugs to all the NIRDIs. Sorry I can’t keep up with you ladies on this thread. Wishing you all Happy holidays! ♥️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, poor Greg, everything crossed they can get him out of pain and deal with the problem. Try not to worry too much @missy, he’s in the best place to get it sorted out. Sending lots of love and hugs to you both xxx

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hugs to all the NIRDIs. Sorry I can’t keep up with you ladies on this thread. Wishing you all Happy holidays! ♥

Me either @Slick1! I pop off and on to feel connected but I can’t stay long in here. I’m basically doing a one woman show this Christmas because my husband is sick in Pa. I’ll be putting together kiddie furniture in a bit..lol
Happy Holidays!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hugs to all the NIRDIs. Sorry I can’t keep up with you ladies on this thread. Wishing you all Happy holidays! ♥

I have a hard time keeping up too @Slick1! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @missy. Sending Greg get well wishes.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

NIRDI,

Happy Holidays!

@missy ,(
Just as well that this year has only nine days left in it to throw its worst at you ,(((

@AV_ are you ready for Christmas?

Not.

I've spent much of today around a serious campfire, the last act of garden clearing. There were walnuts roasting & bayleaf crackling & it all feels near Christmas.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can’t wait for you to get your gorgeous ring @Mamabean and fingers crossed it goes on sale further within the time period so you can get it at the lowest sale price. It’s going to be beautiful on you.

Thank you @missy! It’s coming tomorrow! It should be here before 10:30 am! I won’t take a shower until it comes...Poor Fedex guy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results