color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy thinking of you and Greg and hoping he is feeling better soon

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina, I am sorry it has taken me this long to let you know how sorry I am about Dottie. I know it gets better every day, slowly, but it feels as if a big part of your heart is missing. She was such a wonderful soul.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Wow, wow, wow @Scandanavian, your ring is stunningly beautiful and the pink tutu is sublime :kiss2: So happy that amidst all that you’re dealing with ATM, you have something so beautiful to cheer you up.

How exciting @Mamabean, I’m glad you managed to find what you wanted, it sounds lovely. Sounds like you’ve got a lot going on there, I hope DH gets better quickly so he can enjoy Christmas.

What a great deal @canuk-gal, you can’t beat a bargain!

Lovely snakey @Jimmianne, really unusual and the colours are beautiful, it’s a perfect middle finger ring.

How’re things with you @junebug17, are you all set for Christmas?

Thanks @Calliecake, I hate seeing the lead rack empty (we’ve put all Dottie’s things away), but it does make me smile because it captures Dottie so well. I expect your little nieces are getting so excited for Santa to come :D

I hope everything went well at the vet this morning @missy and Tommy’s results are good. How lovely to meet up with your friend for dinner last night, it’s always fun getting out and of course, not having to cook. I’m sure we all feel the same that we’re lucky to have found each other and made lasting friendships. Who da thunk it? :lol:

I think we might’ve sent the cold weather back to you @marcy, because it’s been lovely here today, really bright and sunny, although not exactly warm. Good score on getting Marty to go to the shops so you didn’t have to.

Lovely photo @Daisys and Diamonds, I know it’s what you’re used to, but it would seem strange to us to have a summer Christmas, as much as I expect it would be strange to you to have a cold Christmas. Are you all set now?

Kim did my nails this morning for me, with cat’s eye polish, purple and bronze/gold, gives an unusual finish.

6641722C-EF5C-4FC0-87BD-899683D40610.jpeg

I cleaned Bella and Marilyn for their photo shoot :D

We went to Costco this afternoon and it wasn’t too chaotic, got a brisket, ham and turkey as well as a few other things.

Happy weekend lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

@Austina Bella looks gorgeous! Marilyn is also so pretty! Did you wear Marilyn on your right hand before Bella? She’s huge!
It was so great to see you and Kate together..Bella, Marilyn, and Ever got to play too..what beautiful rings!
I’m hanging in but I’m so tired...We have a lot of steps into this house and the street goes uphill from where I happened to get a parking spot. David and I were spent by the time we got everything in...We had an equal load yesterday too. I still have the last of the food shopping tomorrow. That will be three days in a row. Usually my husband and son bring everything up. Am I the only one who gets exhausted preparing for Christmas? My hubby is still sick. Now we’re thinking that he will be aiming to come on Christmas Day...He’ll find me flat on my back in the hallway at that point! I’ll have some cheese with my whine please? :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @springerspaniel we miss her so much, 12 weeks now since she died. I am now the mad woman who runs up to people to stroke their dog. I’m not sure we’ll ever stop missing her, she was the sweetest, gentlest soul.

I hear you @Mamabean, we went to HEB this morning, it was heaving, we had to drive round and round the car park to find somewhere to park, but we’ve got everything now, so will be hunkering down for the next few days until Christmas is over. I must admit, I don’t feel very Christmassy this year. I hope your DH will be well enough to join you soon.

Keeping everything crossed for Missy and Greg and hoping all is well for them,

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Sending mega dust to Greg for a speedy recovery. Keeping you and Greg in my thoughts @missy.

@Mamabean carrying stuff uphill and up stairs would kill me off. My family just left and my feet and knees are gripping a lot right now. I hope your DH gets better and can make it there on Christmas.

@Austina I am sure you'll always miss sweet Dottie. That's nice to go pet the dogs you see. Stores are getting pretty crazy and packed. Marty wants to go to a kitchen store in Colorado we like and I'm thinking - are you nuts? That store is packed on normal days; it will be insane right before Christmas. I am sorry you aren't feeling very Christmassy this year. I am not either. I'd take down my decorations tomorrow if my knees and feet were up to it.

We cooked way too much food today but everything was good. The white elephant gift exchange was entertaining, some of the gang played games. I ate way too much but iti was fun.

Take care.
Marcy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im late to the party
Hope Greg is ok missy
and also hoping if its anything worse than a pulled muscle its a kidney stone
when Gary had one the (male) doc at the hospital said its lile childbirth

anyone else who us unwell get rid of those germs its Christmas!
had to get a new battery for the Isuzu today (i surpose that's now my Christmas present)

its a joy reading about all your Christmas excitment (not the sick people though - please all be well for Christmas )

got my strawberries and blueberries and a pomegranate today

going to the supermarket at 7am tomorrow to avoid the rush, hopefully they have pavalovas left and hams
Gary has desided its too piggy for 2 people to eat a whole turkey - i did say what about the cats ??
so he is doing a pork roast in the webber plus a chicken for Tibby and Borris
we will invite his kids one weekend over the summer and cook the turkey then
i have beem busy hanging pictures up finally after 2 years i finally made a start
ive now run out of plate hangers
today i picked flowers
we are doing Christmas on a budget so buying flowers are out
but i did finnally get the big nativity sceen out that used to live in its bix behind the couch at our old place because we were too pushed for space

everybody please take care om the roads and take a moment or two just to breath

Attachments

• 20191223_195235.jpg
    20191223_195235.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 32

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and thank you all for reaching out to me offline and on yesterday and this morning. I really appreciate it. It was horrible. Greg's pain was a 10 for hours and hours. I drove us to the ER at about 3AM and there were no beds in the ER available so they put him in a bed in the hallway since he had to be treated ASAP. And the physician tried all the IV pain meds (4 different types) til he found relief.

He had a Cat scan almost immediately and it showed 3 kidney stones. One 12 mm stone (too big to pass on his own) in the kidney still so no surgical intervention could reach that one and have to wait til it comes down a bit. And one 6 mm stone that was the one causing all the pain in the proximal ureter. And another stone in the kidney I don't remember the size of that stone. His left kidney is extremely swollen.

He was admitted to the hospital and got a bed in the main hospital about 6:30 AM. The hospital physician on call came by around 10AM and said we had to stay overnight and he had to see the urologist who had 24 hours to see him. So I went up to the main desk and tried to find out if the urologist was going to be there (Sunday) and it was hard getting info but we hoped he would come by and see Greg.

At around 2PM the Urologist came by. He didn't even know he had a consult but I happened to be at the desk chatting with the hospital secretary when she said oh that's him and she went to him and asked if he would see Greg and he agreed to see him. The urologist looked at Greg's tests and told us it was unlikely Greg would be able to pass the stones himself and it couldn't wait til January when we went back to NYC. But being Sunday we couldn't schedule anything. With the next 2 weeks being the holidays and all the doctors on limited (or no) hours we are not sure what is going to happen.

The urologist agreed we could go home that evening but if the pain became unmanageable again (since Greg would no longer be on IV pain meds being home) we would just have to go back to the ER and begin the readmission procedure all over again. But Greg wanted to come home that night and I was more than happy to take him home. We were discharged a few hours later (and the pain was beginning to creep up again) but so far the Percocet is keeping it no higher than 3 or 4. But we only have 20 pills and Greg has already used 4 of them so it is not going to last.

As you can imagine it was a stressful day. It is very hard seeing your loved one in pain at the highest level of 10. Greg has a very high pain tolerance so it was pretty awful. He vomited from the pain and we were up for more than 24 hours yesterday. And this will impact knee surgery if we cannot get these 3 stones out because he cannot have knee surgery with the looming threat of the stones and the pain involved.

Thanks again for your caring and kind support. I am so sorry it's been such a drama filled year and your love and generous friendship has helped me through and helped me remain strong. I am going to get Greg through this and manage all the other stuff we have going on. There is no other choice. I apologize for not answering you individually here but right now I am still a bit exhausted. I just didn't want to keep you in suspense and again truly appreciate your friendship. Hope everyone is doing well and have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! You guys have been through so much, and now this!
I sincerely hope this all gets resolved soon. Poor Greg, He is your rock.
I'm sure I speak for all of us PSers who wish your lovely DH a speedy recovery.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and thank you all for reaching out to me offline and on yesterday and this morning. I really appreciate it. It was horrible. Greg's pain was a 10 for hours and hours. I drove us to the ER at about 3AM and there were no beds in the ER available so they put him in a bed in the hallway since he had to be treated ASAP. And the physician tried all the IV pain meds (4 different types) til he found relief.

He had a Cat scan almost immediately and it showed 3 kidney stones. One 12 mm stone (too big to pass on his own) in the kidney still so no surgical intervention could reach that one and have to wait til it comes down a bit. And one 6 mm stone that was the one causing all the pain in the proximal ureter. And another stone in the kidney I don't remember the size of that stone. His left kidney is extremely swollen.

He was admitted to the hospital and got a bed in the main hospital about 6:30 AM. The hospital physician on call came by around 10AM and said we had to stay overnight and he had to see the urologist who had 24 hours to see him. So I went up to the main desk and tried to find out if the urologist was going to be there (Sunday) and it was hard getting info but we hoped he would come by and see Greg.

At around 2PM the Urologist came by. He didn't even know he had a consult but I happened to be at the desk chatting with the hospital secretary when she said oh that's him and she went to him and asked if he would see Greg and he agreed to see him. The urologist looked at Greg's tests and told us it was unlikely Greg would be able to pass the stones himself and it couldn't wait til January when we went back to NYC. But being Sunday we couldn't schedule anything. With the next 2 weeks being the holidays and all the doctors on limited (or no) hours we are not sure what is going to happen.

The urologist agreed we could go home that evening but if the pain became unmanageable again (since Greg would no longer be on IV pain meds being home) we would just have to go back to the ER and begin the readmission procedure all over again. But Greg wanted to come home that night and I was more than happy to take him home. We were discharged a few hours later (and the pain was beginning to creep up again) but so far the Percocet is keeping it no higher than 3 or 4. But we only have 20 pills and Greg has already used 4 of them so it is not going to last.

As you can imagine it was a stressful day. It is very hard seeing your loved one in pain at the highest level of 10. Greg has a very high pain tolerance so it was pretty awful. He vomited from the pain and we were up for more than 24 hours yesterday. And this will impact knee surgery if we cannot get these 3 stones out because he cannot have knee surgery with the looming threat of the stones and the pain involved.

Thanks again for your caring and kind support. I am so sorry it's been such a drama filled year and your love and generous friendship has helped me through and helped me remain strong. I am going to get Greg through this and manage all the other stuff we have going on. There is no other choice. I apologize for not answering you individually here but right now I am still a bit exhausted. I just didn't want to keep you in suspense and again truly appreciate your friendship. Hope everyone is doing well and have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

Really you for the update! I was really worried. Thank goodness it is “only” kidney stones. Even if they are extremely painful! In general I think pain is easier to deal with when you know it is not too dangerous. But oh my. What a year you have had!! Tons of dust and lots of hugs to Greg!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, poor Greg, I'm very sorry he is suffering so much. And I know it's hard seeing someone we love in pain. I hope his pain subsides and he can get treated for the stones soon. I'm hoping for the best and wishing Greg a speedy recovery.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OH NO's to kidney stones!! Rotten business. Sorry for his pain--it is NO fun at all. Healing vibes across the miles

kind regards--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Daisys and Diamonds I had a lady at work tell me she’s had 5 kidney stones and 4 kids - the kidney stones were worse. Sounds like you are prepared for Christmas. A big old turkey can take a long time for 2 people to eat.

@missy I hope Greg is not in too much pain and they get those kidney stones taken care of right away. Big hugs to both of you.

I told @missy earlier today we have 2 people here in the hospital for kidney stones. What are the odds?

I slept in this morning. Marty is at the gym. A friend is bringing us lunch and we are going to play cards. I might start a puzzle today.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Omg..When will it end for you guys?! I’m also glad it wasn’t something ominous..but kidney stones are very painful. I’ve never had them but a friend did...She said the pain is unbearable. I can’t believe they sent you home with 20 pills. I’m hoping that the pain subsides until you can get them taken care of....Poor Greg..and poor you too..xxxxxooooo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Again, I’m so sorry @missy, poor Greg, it’s a good job he’s so physically strong, which will, no doubt, help him cope. I hope the pain relief is keeping things bearable for him, because I don’t think either of you will want to go through the hospital procedure again. Continuing to send lots of positive healing vibes, and please make sure you rest too when you can, with the hectic schedule you’ve had over these last months, you don’t need to collapse in exhaustion on top of this. He has the best possible care with you there, and you will get through this. Everything crossed it can be sorted out before his knee surgery. Take care sweet Missy.

Sounds like a good day ahead @marcy, no cooking and fun and games.

How’s DH @Mamabean, is he feeling any better? I used to wear Marilyn on my left hand before I got Bella, as I’m not really a stacker person having short fingers, so she was everything in one :D

Do you have turkey crowns there @Daisys and Diamonds? When it’s just the 2 of us, (well actually, for many years now) that’s what I’ve bought, just the top half of the turkey, and it usually lasts about 4 days. Of course, we had Dottie to help out too, she had her share, plus I’d boil up the carcass and use the broth to soak her kibble. Your nativity scene looks very appropriate for Christmas, and embodies the true meaning of the season.

We had a hectic day yesterday, braved HEB, went to an open house, literally around the corner from Adam’s, then went to Kim’s Mum later on. It was the usual bedlam with lots of adults and kids, and we came home exhausted :lol:

Been busy today, made the stuffing for the turkey, improvised some pigs in blankets, cleaned up all the sprouts, and made the filling for the samosas we’re taking to Kim’s sister’s on Christmas Day.

I hope everyone is not stressing too much with Christmas preparations.

Today we have been married 41 years, I can’t quite believe how quickly the time has flown. We won’t have another 41 years together, but so far, so good, I think I’ll keep him for whatever time we have left together :mrgreen:

Have a great day lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh deae @missy and Greig
this is very bad timing, poor Greg
it nust be dreadful to be in so much pain
hope the pain killers can continue to at least take the edge off the pain

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello lovelly NIRDI ladies
its Christmas eve here and we are supposed to be supermarket shopping at 7am and its already 7.54
gee @Austina ive never heard of a turkey crown. its rear to see very much turkey here outside of a whole bird or those homeless roasts that come in a box..once i saw turkey breast at the but her and once i managed to buy turkey mince at the supermarket
i was fingering to freeze some of the leftover meat into roast dinners for nights i can't be bothered !
when i grew up there were 4 of us usually for christmas - Mum and dad, my sister and i
we ate turkey left overs for days but mum was quite inventive even if her turkey was a bit dry

Gary would love samoses for christmas ! yum yum
when you all have time may i
inquire about your xmas stuffings ?

...gotta get a wriggle on and brush my fangs

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks girls. From my heart thank you. I am reading every single post you wrote and remembering your kindness and support.

So the ER doctor is refusing to give Greg more pain meds (Percocet) and he runs out the 26th. And the lithotripsy machine isn't back to the hospital til January 3rd. Only option they are giving us is putting in a stent. Greg had that done last time he had kidney stones and it was so painful he had to get the stent removed the next day.

But we are being held hostage so he is having it done tomorrow at the hospital. Happy Christmas Eve.
Now we don't get to see our family and both of us were so excited to see everyone. It's been a long 6 months.

More importantly I am concerned about the surgery because of the last time. But hoping and praying for the best.

You know what the ER doctor said to Greg this afternoon? He said pain never killed anyone. Wow. That is some benchmark for good medicine. Yeah try not to kill anyone please. ::) He would rather have Greg in the hospital til January 3rd on IV pain meds vs managing it well with Percocet at home. SMH.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Jan 3! ,((( I am surprised there is only one way to do this surgery requiring a lacking machinery, it is not rare nor new. Can't anyone! It seems beyond bizarre that you are asked to accept such options.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH Missy, that is TERRIBLE. My heart goes out to you guys and you will be in my thoughts all the time until things are better. Sending love and big huge hugs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Where did the Lithotripsy machine go--on vacation to Florida???? Cuz people don't get kidney stones during Christmas and New Years? :confused::roll: I feel for you guys.....

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls. From my heart thank you. I am reading every single post you wrote and remembering your kindness and support.

So the ER doctor is refusing to give Greg more pain meds (Percocet) and he runs out the 26th. And the lithotripsy machine isn't back to the hospital til January 3rd. Only option they are giving us is putting in a stent. Greg had that done last time he had kidney stones and it was so painful he had to get the stent removed the next day.

But we are being held hostage so he is having it done tomorrow at the hospital. Happy Christmas Eve.
Now we don't get to see our family and both of us were so excited to see everyone. It's been a long 6 months.

More importantly I am concerned about the surgery because of the last time. But hoping and praying for the best.

You know what the ER doctor said to Greg this afternoon? He said pain never killed anyone. Wow. That is some benchmark for good medicine. Yeah try not to kill anyone please. ::) He would rather have Greg in the hospital til January 3rd on IV pain meds vs managing it well with Percocet at home. SMH.

oh missy that'd disgusting and so unfair
especially seen as your health care isn't free, you pay through the nose with insurence
we had such a kind understanding doctor - we were so worried as we had both been up all night reading Dr Google as we didn't know what the pain was and Gary's doc said its as bad as childbirth
i think once this is over if you have the energy you should complain

im soooo sad you won't see your family, that really sux after the year you guys have had but just get it over and done with and veg out on Christmas day
sending you both and all the kitties hugs
edit
oh dear i read that wrong
the stent is tomorrow
hope it goes well
and im joining the chorus of where is the machine ? end of year maintenance ...??

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, woke up thinking of Greg. What a lousy holiday. Waiting for updates...
love,
C

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, woke up thinking of Greg. What a lousy holiday. Waiting for updates...
love,
C

Thanks C. Waiting for surgeon and anesthesiologist now.

58D542E7-9053-41C4-A021-17D48CA93CE4.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear Greg. Tell him, please, that we are with him in spirit this morning.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas girls!

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping it all goes well today @missy.

Happy Christmas @Scandinavian, here’s hoping for better things for all your family too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing Greg well today @missy, and I hope everything goes smoothly.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, I am so sorry this hit you all! And right in the middle of the holiday season. I hope his surgery goes well & the stent & he get along this time.

Oh boy, the drug abuser's have ruined it for those who don't abuse. It looks like your situation is a prime example. Of course he could've gone home with percoset, that is nuts.

I will hold you in my prayers today, you are one tough cookie & he is lucky to have you there with him!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending mega get well wishes to Greg.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good wishes from my side too. I assume this is for the stent - unless you did find a way around it. Fingers crossed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results