shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM girls!

@junebug17 enjoy the time with your dh and ds and I hope you have a good visit with your brother tomorrow.

@marcy wow you did have a busy day. Sweet you accomplished so much. Nice you already got all your cards out too. Thanks for the cycling love. We did reach your anticipated goal for us. All I can say is you were right. I never imagined we would reach that goal.

@Scandinavian pretty snow. Enjoy. Healing hugs to you and your mom and hope she is doing OK and you are too.

@Daisys and Diamonds it did tire him out a bit but he is so destructive still. He bit through our comforter and despite Greg's sewing repair he bit through another large area. It's hopeless. I hope you have a lovely Sunday.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying a good weekend. And relaxing and just feeling rejuvenated and restored.

@Mamabean oh I love that ring so much. Cannot wait to see it on you. And I hope you find beautiful gemstones to attach to your earrings.

@bling_dream19 did you decide which ones (all?) you are keeping? Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

So the dryer downstairs has broken again but a different issue so we had to order a new one and who knows when that will arrive as they have a huge window of delivery and I have a doctor appt wed when the dryer is not getting delivered. I am overwhelmed once again with all that is happening. Our dishwasher broke a few days ago and while it is still usable it has to be repaired and they are due tomorrow but the time is not good and there is no way to get in touch with them. It's never-ending and if only we could be free of RW the rest would feel more manageable. And my meds have still not been approved and probably won't be. I am feeling just tired of all this but I am sure some of you can imagine.

We did have a great cycling day yesterday and hit over 60 miles again. Our total is pretty sweet.
Cycled 63 miles yesterday and
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.15.09 AM.png

our total for the year so far...
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.15.17 AM.png

Looking like this week will be filled with appliance repairs and deliveries and a dental appt so might not cycle at all as Thanksgiving looks cold and very windy. But if we end cycling on this note I am satisfied. Of course if we get to cycle more I will be happy to do so haha but we will see.

Today is raining and miserable so it is shampoo for all the cats but Fred who was just shampooed Friday and then errands to run. Too bad we only have one dryer on shampoo day but we will make the best of it and I just hope the dryer and washing machines we do have continue working.

Have a Funday Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO.
Leaving you with our view while cycling and our ice cream selection from yesterday. Yummmmm.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.18.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.18.09 AM.png

You really are getting hit hard @missy..Hang in there...It will work out..This will be a moment in time that you will remember in the past...I’m so happy you got some cycling and ice cream in...Hopefully you won’t miss the dishwasher repairman..but if you do..buy some paper plates and plastic forks for the short time until it can be repaired...I hope your one dryer keeps working...Fingers and toes are always crossed until RW Gate is over...We will all celebrate with you when that happens..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian You are a good daughter...I’m happy your mom and grandmother are getting better. When I’m in the midst of challenging times I try to laugh..It’s better than crying but sometimes that’s good too..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

Wondered around Tiffany today--gosh I wanted EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some fun after some busy work days.

How is everyone? NIRDI shout out!

Lovely warm sunny day. Well warm for us. LOL. Slushy and some snow melting but I think the white stuff is here to stay.

PS Mc2 is having a sale next weekend, I got an email. I think they are closing their Great Barrington store and inventory 15-35% off.

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal My husband bought me my solitaire pendant and Embrace band at Tiffany’s. I love their jewelry but since being on PS I can’t justify spending the money on their diamond jewelry...I did buy the circlet diamond pendant and baguette band preloved. I love everything in there but won’t go in because I would be sooooo tempted!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really are getting hit hard @missy..Hang in there...It will work out..This will be a moment in time that you will remember in the past...I’m so happy you got some cycling and ice cream in...Hopefully you won’t miss the dishwasher repairman..but if you do..buy some paper plates and plastic forks for the short time until it can be repaired...I hope your one dryer keeps working...Fingers and toes are always crossed until RW Gate is over...We will all celebrate with you when that happens..

Thanks Joanne. I so appreciate your good wishes and encouragement and support. Means the world to me. Greg will have to wash our dishes etc. He’s already agreed. My hands are bleeding from the dry cold weather. It’s always something. Honestly I feel for my DH. He does most of it. I’m not a strong person. I try and I have heart but when it comes down to it I’m not strong.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Joanne. I so appreciate your good wishes and encouragement and support. Means the world to me. Greg will have to wash our dishes etc. He’s already agreed. My hands are bleeding from the dry cold weather. It’s always something. Honestly I feel for my DH. He does most of it. I’m not a strong person. I try and I have heart but when it comes down to it I’m not strong.

I’m sorry to disagree with you @missy..You ARE strong...Anyone..regardless of who you think are the strongest people..would cave with all the stress of caring for your furries these last long months. Your love for them made you persevere..That’s strength..BIG TIME....xxxxxxxooooooo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--sending appliance healing vibes your way!!!! Sheesh.
@Scandinavian your pictures was glorious except for the snow. JK! LOL
@marcy I will be starting on cards soon....as family members go away and stuff has to be sent early.

Had a lovely family day out yesterday. Went to a Christmas festival and had a nice walk and dinner out. Ended up watching a Christmas movie (LOL) had a few good laughs over the "original" screenplay but all in good fun.

@Mamabean I was a Tiffany fan long before I was PS'er so habits die hard. Their wedding bands really are the best tho.

Shout out NIRDI's! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are strong! You have not given in nor given up. That is what counts! Hugs!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 i saw this and thought of your brother not sleeping
its sleep radio and has given lots of people releaf https://www.sleepradio.co.nz/about

@marcy. im sorry November is such a sad time.
i have purposely forgotten the dates of both my parents death. i remember them on their birthdays and wedding anniversary instead. i like to have a nice bottle of wine and make a real effort to cook something nice for tea (dinner)
i get very angry if anyone reminds me on the day that they died like my cousin tends to do but i choose to remember happier days not the worst day - especially as my dad was only 53
anyway maybe have a bottle of bubbly for your parents anniversary =)2

@Mamabean wow !
awsome score !
well done
beautiful colour:appl:

@Scandinavian your snow is beautiful. i hope your mum and grandma are doing ok today and not in pain

@missy Ollie is so georgouse
did the play things tire him out at all ?

@Daisys and Diamonds, thank you so much for thinking of my brother and for that suggestion! I'm going to pass this on to him today.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, thank you so much for thinking of my brother and for that suggestion! I'm going to pass this on to him today.
your most welcome junebug
and well you never know, it might just help. Even a little bit more asleep would be a bonus
everything is listened to in full first just to make sure there are no loud bits in the middle of the night =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, dear missy
thank goodness for icecream
RIP the dryer, it must have just been it's time, the poor thing has certainly been working for its keep the laat few months, but i know this is very bad timing
i hope the dishwasher is an easy and quick fix for the repair man
That's amazing (not in a good way) that Ollie bit through the comforter.
Over his lifetime Tinky transformed a dressed fence post into a piece of rough sawn timber - but fence posts don't live in the bedroom !
im so sorry your hands are so sore
i wish the winter wasn't coming - but then for the part you all seem to enjoy winter alot more than we seem to and we don't even get snow hardly
Some people Luke doing the dishes - maybe Greg is one of them
good luck with shampoo day

and of course you are strong, your anazing strong
but also tired, so just let us reassure you, you are strong

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs @Scandinavian (((hugs))). Greg and I are continuing good thoughts and well wishes for your mom and grandmother and I’m here for you any way I can be. Sending bucketloads of healing dust. XOXO

<3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Mamabean, love your Zircon ring; that color is amazing.

Junebug, that made for a nice e day going to the office with your DH. I hope you had a good visit with your DS today. Have a safe trip if you go visit your brother tomorrow.

Scandi, I did go pick up another pair of tennis shoes today. I should be good for several months now. Our mountains have quite a bit of snow too. They are predicting 12-17 inches for us starting tomorrow night. Oh no! Beautiful picture of the snow with F enjoying the view. I hope your mom and grandmother continue to improve; sending mega dust to your mom that her next batch of chemo goes well for her.

Daisys and Diamonds, great idea to remember good days and celebrate the positive.

Missy, sweet that you exceeded my guess for mileage this year; should I increase it for next year? You guys covered an amazing amount of terrain this year. Oh no for your bad news; no luck so far on getting your medicine approved plus the dryer and dishwasher breaking down. Hope that all gets straightened out for you first thing this week. We just had some ice cream but since it was from the freezer I am sure it wasn’t as delicious as your ice cream looks.

Sharon, good luck getting started on your cards soon. I need to get started on my Christmas poem so I can get cards in the mail. Your family day sounds fun; there are a lot of great Christmas movies on TV already.

The movie was really good last night. We ended up tearing apart Marty’s seat afterwards though; he phone fell down in it; we could hear it but not find it. A guy from the theater was helping us. We found someone’s wallet too.

Today was laundry day (the mini loads compared to Missy and Greg’s daily routine), we ate at home so some cooking and dishes and I did my weekend lifting. I am kind of achy in general today probably because of the huge storm coming our way.

Take care.
Marcy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy take care in the storm - hunker down and keep warm
sounds like good soup/ cassarole/stew kind of wheather

im thinking about making Christmas pudding because Gary really likes it, i read they can be steamed in the slow cooker so they wouod be eaiser than slaving over a hot stove for hours

its getting uncomfortably warm here, and Christmas baking is so hot

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday and happy Thanksgiving week for some of us.

@junebug17 I hope your visit with your brother goes very well today and I hope he finds relief from his long term insomnia. Does he exercise during the day? I find working out does help me fall asleep more quickly. And perhaps if he is open to meditation that might help as I find many times I have trouble sleeping is because my mind is over active. Have a nice visit. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thank you. The Christmas festival you went to the other day sounded like a lot of fun and glad you also enjoyed a nice walk and dinner out. What a lovely way to spend the weekend. XOXO.

Thank you @Scandinavian. You too. How is your mom doing? Sending continued healing dust and good thoughts both your way. And please hug the pups from me. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you. The dishwasher is still working but the top tray is not sliding forward so hard to load but I am thinking ahead because it is only a matter of time it stops working entirely. We will see how today goes. The repairman is coming supposedly in the middle of the day but not sure if we will be here. The Dryer is really the most important thing that needs replacement over worrying about the dishwasher but it's just another drip drop of water threatening to overflow my bucket if you kwim. Hopefully we will be able to get our new dryer this week and hopefully it will work. Just so many things up in the air so not sure if scheduling will work out and we will be able to be here for the delivery. I must see the dentist Wednesday because my gums are still bleeding and it has been going on for many many months.

Yummy to Christmas pudding and hope you get to make it. So funny it's hot by you during Christmas. I am so used to a cold and occasionally white Christmas that I wonder how it would be celebrating where it is warm. Enjoy your lovely warm weather. (((Hugs))).

@marcy oh no to a huge storm that might be coming your way. I hope not. Good luck with your Christmas poem. I always love your poems. Glad you accomplished all your laundry. That is sweet. Sorry you are achey and hope today you feel all better. Sorry the ice cream wasn't as good as our ice cream but I bet it was still yummy. And haha we will never come close to this cycling record again. If we do that means we are stuck here again for many many months and that Greg isn't working so hoping that never becomes the case unless we want it to that is. Voluntarily that is. XOXO.

@Mamabean just drooling over your new zirconlicious bluetiful new ring. Wow. LOVE. Cannot wait to see it on your hand. :love: Hugs.

@Slick1 woohoo for a short week and a well earned rest. I hope you have a wonderful week filled with loved ones, joy and yummy food. And I hope you are feeling well. Continued healing dust to you and Chase and sending love and hugs your way. Praying 2020 brings only happy and joyful times for all of us. XOXO.

We had a decent day yesterday despite all the aggravation. Greg shampooed Bobby, Tommy and Oliver and we ran errands and enjoyed a good dinner. I spent a long time in the bath and got to catch up with my oldest friend Michele who is an Ob/Gyn and we had a wonderful long convo and are all caught up. We have been friends for almost 40 years. How did we get to be so old? LOL. It beats the alternative of course but time just flies.

Today is a busy day but the whole week with the exception of Thanksgiving Thursday is busy. It will be a delicate balancing act with supposed deliveries, dental appt and repair plus HVAC guys coming to do maintenance. I am not sure what will actually occur this week and what will need to be rescheduled but hoping for the best. And most of all hoping for no phone call from the veterinarian. Fingers and toes and everything crossed.

Have a marvelous Monday girls!
Leaving you with a photo during our errands yesterday and then one of little (not so little) Oliver or to use the nickname @Mamabean likes...Patient Zero.

A rainy autumn day.
Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 6.27.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 6.30.54 AM.png

and still biting as you can see.

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 6.31.04 AM.png

He is super sweet though. He likes to climb onto my pillow in the middle of the night and take up all the space next to me purring. I mean it is just precious but of course I would appreciate having some space on my own pillow and for a little kitty he sure is strong.:lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @Scandanavan, the snow looks lovely, do the doggies have snowball feet when they come in? Our old boy used to have lots of snowballs all up his legs when he played in the snow, Dottie’s coat was different, so didn’t seem to accumulate snow. Hoping things are improving with your Mum and grandmother, and that your Mum is building up her strength for her next round of chemo.

I hope you’ve caught up on your sleep @Mamabean and had fun looking after Jackson. Your new zircon is lovely, beautiful, classic design.

Oh my goodness @marcy, I hope you didn’t get as much snow as predicted, that sounds brutal. I know you’re equipped to deal with it, but oy, that really sucks. Which film did you see?

I always used to make my own Christmas pudding @Daisys and Diamonds, and it was a microwave recipe that took 7 minutes. Colin’s Mum used to steam hers for hours, and truth be told, they were like lead poultices, and far too bitter for my taste :lol: I’ve actually bought one to take with us to Adam’s. Christmas isn’t Christmas without a nice pud.:lickout:

I hope you enjoyed visiting your brother today @junebug17 and that he’s doing well.

Sounds like the perfect day @canuk-gal, I’m going to try and watch White Christmas at the weekend as we won’t be here at Christmas and it’s one of my must see Christmas traditions.

It never rains but it pours @missy, I’m so sorry the dryer has gone kaput as well as the dishwasher. I hope you’ve managed to find out when they’ll be delivered. I seriously wonder what these insurance companies are taking your money for, because you’re certainly not getting what you’re paying for. How on earth can they justify not paying for drugs that you NEED? I’m so angry on your behalf. I know you’re going to be glad when this year is over, because I’m sure it must be the worst you’ve ever had.

Thanks @AV_, I try my best with Shirley, and do use distraction methods to stop her dwelling on negative things. She did start again yesterday saying she was a prisoner in her own home, but I steered the conversation in another direction, and our conversation wasn’t too bad after than.

We got a lot done this weekend, I’ve packed the cases and managed to get everything in, we’re taking so many Christmassy things for Kim and her family that the cases will weigh half as much once they’re out of them. :lol:

We went to our friends for dinner on Saturday night, the weather was absolutely foul and it was really foggy driving home.

Had a quick run to Costco this morning as it was non stop rain and we couldn’t really go out for a walk.

I forgot to post pictures of Kim’s presents, the sapphires have come out quite dark, but are actually a lot nicer IRL.

B6ED1488-0359-466B-BE6F-7BA3C5834453.jpeg D9F6CCB3-8EAA-4FE9-86FB-5BD4B25CEE60.jpeg

I hope I haven’t missed anyone, you’ve all been really chatty since Friday morning :D. The sauna’s heating up, so I’m going to get ready. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday and happy Thanksgiving week for some of us.

@junebug17 I hope your visit with your brother goes very well today and I hope he finds relief from his long term insomnia. Does he exercise during the day? I find working out does help me fall asleep more quickly. And perhaps if he is open to meditation that might help as I find many times I have trouble sleeping is because my mind is over active. Have a nice visit. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thank you. The Christmas festival you went to the other day sounded like a lot of fun and glad you also enjoyed a nice walk and dinner out. What a lovely way to spend the weekend. XOXO.

Thank you @Scandinavian. You too. How is your mom doing? Sending continued healing dust and good thoughts both your way. And please hug the pups from me. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you. The dishwasher is still working but the top tray is not sliding forward so hard to load but I am thinking ahead because it is only a matter of time it stops working entirely. We will see how today goes. The repairman is coming supposedly in the middle of the day but not sure if we will be here. The Dryer is really the most important thing that needs replacement over worrying about the dishwasher but it's just another drip drop of water threatening to overflow my bucket if you kwim. Hopefully we will be able to get our new dryer this week and hopefully it will work. Just so many things up in the air so not sure if scheduling will work out and we will be able to be here for the delivery. I must see the dentist Wednesday because my gums are still bleeding and it has been going on for many many months.

Yummy to Christmas pudding and hope you get to make it. So funny it's hot by you during Christmas. I am so used to a cold and occasionally white Christmas that I wonder how it would be celebrating where it is warm. Enjoy your lovely warm weather. (((Hugs))).

@marcy oh no to a huge storm that might be coming your way. I hope not. Good luck with your Christmas poem. I always love your poems. Glad you accomplished all your laundry. That is sweet. Sorry you are achey and hope today you feel all better. Sorry the ice cream wasn't as good as our ice cream but I bet it was still yummy. And haha we will never come close to this cycling record again. If we do that means we are stuck here again for many many months and that Greg isn't working so hoping that never becomes the case unless we want it to that is. Voluntarily that is. XOXO.

@Mamabean just drooling over your new zirconlicious bluetiful new ring. Wow. LOVE. Cannot wait to see it on your hand. :love: Hugs.

@Slick1 woohoo for a short week and a well earned rest. I hope you have a wonderful week filled with loved ones, joy and yummy food. And I hope you are feeling well. Continued healing dust to you and Chase and sending love and hugs your way. Praying 2020 brings only happy and joyful times for all of us. XOXO.

We had a decent day yesterday despite all the aggravation. Greg shampooed Bobby, Tommy and Oliver and we ran errands and enjoyed a good dinner. I spent a long time in the bath and got to catch up with my oldest friend Michele who is an Ob/Gyn and we had a wonderful long convo and are all caught up. We have been friends for almost 40 years. How did we get to be so old? LOL. It beats the alternative of course but time just flies.

Today is a busy day but the whole week with the exception of Thanksgiving Thursday is busy. It will be a delicate balancing act with supposed deliveries, dental appt and repair plus HVAC guys coming to do maintenance. I am not sure what will actually occur this week and what will need to be rescheduled but hoping for the best. And most of all hoping for no phone call from the veterinarian. Fingers and toes and everything crossed.

Have a marvelous Monday girls!
Leaving you with a photo during our errands yesterday and then one of little (not so little) Oliver or to use the nickname @Mamabean likes...Patient Zero.

A rainy autumn day.
Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 6.27.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 6.30.54 AM.png

and still biting as you can see.

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 6.31.04 AM.png

He is super sweet though. He likes to climb onto my pillow in the middle of the night and take up all the space next to me purring. I mean it is just precious but of course I would appreciate having some space on my own pillow and for a little kitty he sure is strong.:lol:

Love Oliver! He looks like quite a handful and a bit mischievous the little handsome rascal;-)
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement as always. Much appreciated and a little bit needed today. Got an extra bill for the summerhouse that we were not expecting. Always something isn’t it. And apparently DH managed to order our new fridge here - not there. Imagine my surprise when a huge truck rolled up to our house this evening.
@Austina Yes, complete snowballs from head to toe both of them after a couple of hours. I had forgotten to bring their superman costumes lol. Wonderful sapphires! Big and dark! My favourite!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy take care in the storm - hunker down and keep warm
sounds like good soup/ cassarole/stew kind of wheather

im thinking about making Christmas pudding because Gary really likes it, i read they can be steamed in the slow cooker so they wouod be eaiser than slaving over a hot stove for hours

its getting uncomfortably warm here, and Christmas baking is so hot

Wish I could make Christmas pudding! I have never tried! Is it hard?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Mamabean, love your Zircon ring; that color is amazing.

Junebug, that made for a nice e day going to the office with your DH. I hope you had a good visit with your DS today. Have a safe trip if you go visit your brother tomorrow.

Scandi, I did go pick up another pair of tennis shoes today. I should be good for several months now. Our mountains have quite a bit of snow too. They are predicting 12-17 inches for us starting tomorrow night. Oh no! Beautiful picture of the snow with F enjoying the view. I hope your mom and grandmother continue to improve; sending mega dust to your mom that her next batch of chemo goes well for her.

Daisys and Diamonds, great idea to remember good days and celebrate the positive.

Missy, sweet that you exceeded my guess for mileage this year; should I increase it for next year? You guys covered an amazing amount of terrain this year. Oh no for your bad news; no luck so far on getting your medicine approved plus the dryer and dishwasher breaking down. Hope that all gets straightened out for you first thing this week. We just had some ice cream but since it was from the freezer I am sure it wasn’t as delicious as your ice cream looks.

Sharon, good luck getting started on your cards soon. I need to get started on my Christmas poem so I can get cards in the mail. Your family day sounds fun; there are a lot of great Christmas movies on TV already.

The movie was really good last night. We ended up tearing apart Marty’s seat afterwards though; he phone fell down in it; we could hear it but not find it. A guy from the theater was helping us. We found someone’s wallet too.

Today was laundry day (the mini loads compared to Missy and Greg’s daily routine), we ate at home so some cooking and dishes and I did my weekend lifting. I am kind of achy in general today probably because of the huge storm coming our way.

Take care.
Marcy

Thank you for your kind words and good wishes!!! We need them, I’m afraid. My mother hates chemo by now. And with the downtime it brings, the logical part of me starts doing the math to figure out if it is really worth it. But of course. Hope is worth everything.
hugs to you! Soon - December!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian You are a good daughter...I’m happy your mom and grandmother are getting better. When I’m in the midst of challenging times I try to laugh..It’s better than crying but sometimes that’s good too..

You really are too kind! But your kind words are much appreciated! Truly!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @Scandanavan, the snow looks lovely, do the doggies have snowball feet when they come in? Our old boy used to have lots of snowballs all up his legs when he played in the snow, Dottie’s coat was different, so didn’t seem to accumulate snow. Hoping things are improving with your Mum and grandmother, and that your Mum is building up her strength for her next round of chemo.

I hope you’ve caught up on your sleep @Mamabean and had fun looking after Jackson. Your new zircon is lovely, beautiful, classic design.

Oh my goodness @marcy, I hope you didn’t get as much snow as predicted, that sounds brutal. I know you’re equipped to deal with it, but oy, that really sucks. Which film did you see?

I always used to make my own Christmas pudding @Daisys and Diamonds, and it was a microwave recipe that took 7 minutes. Colin’s Mum used to steam hers for hours, and truth be told, they were like lead poultices, and far too bitter for my taste :lol: I’ve actually bought one to take with us to Adam’s. Christmas isn’t Christmas without a nice pud.:lickout:

I hope you enjoyed visiting your brother today @junebug17 and that he’s doing well.

Sounds like the perfect day @canuk-gal, I’m going to try and watch White Christmas at the weekend as we won’t be here at Christmas and it’s one of my must see Christmas traditions.

It never rains but it pours @missy, I’m so sorry the dryer has gone kaput as well as the dishwasher. I hope you’ve managed to find out when they’ll be delivered. I seriously wonder what these insurance companies are taking your money for, because you’re certainly not getting what you’re paying for. How on earth can they justify not paying for drugs that you NEED? I’m so angry on your behalf. I know you’re going to be glad when this year is over, because I’m sure it must be the worst you’ve ever had.

Thanks @AV_, I try my best with Shirley, and do use distraction methods to stop her dwelling on negative things. She did start again yesterday saying she was a prisoner in her own home, but I steered the conversation in another direction, and our conversation wasn’t too bad after than.

We got a lot done this weekend, I’ve packed the cases and managed to get everything in, we’re taking so many Christmassy things for Kim and her family that the cases will weigh half as much once they’re out of them. :lol:

We went to our friends for dinner on Saturday night, the weather was absolutely foul and it was really foggy driving home.

Had a quick run to Costco this morning as it was non stop rain and we couldn’t really go out for a walk.

I forgot to post pictures of Kim’s presents, the sapphires have come out quite dark, but are actually a lot nicer IRL.

B6ED1488-0359-466B-BE6F-7BA3C5834453.jpeg D9F6CCB3-8EAA-4FE9-86FB-5BD4B25CEE60.jpeg

I hope I haven’t missed anyone, you’ve all been really chatty since Friday morning :D. The sauna’s heating up, so I’m going to get ready. :wavey:

@Austina : lead poultices LOLOL I always made Christmas cake (very traditional recipe and pudding as well) and if I do say so (myself) they were great! Since we've downsized I don't have the Kitchen I once did and now don't do the big league Christmas baking I once did. But my family asks me every year if I will! I really adore good pudding---my Carmel sauce was yum! Maybe I should find a microwave recipe!

And such nice jewellery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I'd had a MIL like you! WOW!

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wish I could make Christmas pudding! I have never tried! Is it hard?

im going to make my intermediate (middle school but 2 years ) school recepie
i hated cooking at intermediate school but i still make the christmas cake and the cinamon tea teacake

Christmas pudding is like a fruit Christmas cake crossed with a steamed pudding
it would be perfect for you'r cold winters, with cream or custard or ice cream
for Christmas you make it in advance and reheat it on Christmas morning
at the table Dad would pour brandy over it and light it
mum would make 2 or 3 big ones in pudding clothes (i guess the cloth went inside the basin) and i would come home from school to find them hanging in the shower and each night mum would have to go rescue them so we could all be clean.

if it works out ill give you the recepie*
im going to do it in the next day or two
at school it made 2 small puddings in fruit/baked bean sized tins
looking at the recepie (it needs booze) it is very economical
im thinking of doubling the recepie if i can get 4 cans in the slow cooker but you could use a regular steam pudding basin if you have one - i don't know what happened to mum's one

Gary's mum was English and he likes his Christmas pud sliced and fried in butter on Christmas morning for breakfast
to be honest i always preferred the brandy sauce to the actual pudding :lol:
im goung to soak the fruit tonight
rum ... because im a rum drinker
one for me one for the pudding, one more for me heehee :appl:

have to go fix lunch lovelly NIRDI ladies, ill be back

* its a recepie for 12 year olds - of course it will work :angel:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina : lead poultices LOLOL I always made Christmas cake (very traditional recipe and pudding as well) and if I do say so (myself) they were great! Since we've downsized I don't have the Kitchen I once did and now don't do the big league Christmas baking I once did. But my family asks me every year if I will! I really adore good pudding---my Carmel sauce was yum! Maybe I should find a microwave recipe!

And such nice jewellery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I'd had a MIL like you! WOW!

cheers--Sharon

hmmmm caramel sauce sounds good :P2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Daisys and Diamonds; having hot weather while baking for Christmas sounds completely foreign to me. Christmas pudding kind of sounds like a lava cake; they are delicious. My mom used to make us a pudding when we were kids that was mostly vanilla with some chocolate pudding on top. I totally remember her stirring it forever while cooking it on the stove. We loved it.

Missy, your miles keep climbing. Sweet. Yes, I hope the next time you get in that many miles it is because you want to be at the beach house that long. As much as you do every day now; I bet you fall asleep the minute you crawl in to bed. Oh no that your gums are still bleeding; definitely see your dentist to get that addressed. Hoping your dryer gets delivered this week and works like a champ. That would be challenging to have the dishwasher rack not pull out all the way. I have a few of the rows broke in mine but not enough to get a new rack. That dishwasher isn’t that old either. I am still achy today but I bet that storm system is playing a big part in that. Gorgeous picture of the rainy fall scenery and Patient Zero is sure growing and definitely is showing his biting habit there. You do have a very busy week and I totally understand why you don’t need any more issues or problems.

Austina, we went to see Ford vs Ferrari. I would recommend it. White Christmas is such a classic and wonderful movie. Enjoy! I’ll have to try and catch it soon myself. Kim’s pendant and earrings are gorgeous. She’ll love them. They remind me of Kate’s (& Princess Diana’s) pieces.

Scandi, oh no to an unexpected bill and a surprise delivery. What a day you had! Chemo is so nasty and harsh but hopefully it helps your mom in the long run. It’s tough to know for sure. I continue to keep you all in my thoughts.

Sharon, a caramel pudding sounds fabulous and I bet you can find a microwave recipe. I found a microwave PB fudge recipe; it’s so much easier than cooking it on the stove. I supply the family Christmas cookies every year.

Work was busy today since we tried to check things through Sunday - several extra days. The snow starting by noon and is definitely piling up tonight. The ground was warm enough it melted at first but I am sure it’s icy as crud out there now. We will see how much we have in the morning.

Marty only had one client after 4 today and he cancelled so Marty made us chicken fettuccine Alfredo for supper. Such a treat.

If the snow is too deep I’ll work from home.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, NIRDI...

At 5am, I am not going to try to make any sense again; I could never sleep after a night flight & today, could not avoid one of those. Will live, for sure, & write sense in a day or two (maybe).

Caramel pudding makes sense even so; it is such a national monument in Catalonia, where I am spending this very long day - obvious mission for later.

Got to laugh or cry. I aim for the first.

You are the master of laugh-cry!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

At 5am, I am not going to try to make any sense again; I could never sleep after a night flight & today, could not avoid one of those. Will live, for sure, & write sense (maybe).

What you write is worth the wait........ :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Daisys and Diamonds; having hot weather while baking for Christmas sounds completely foreign to me. Christmas pudding kind of sounds like a lava cake; they are delicious. My mom used to make us a pudding when we were kids that was mostly vanilla with some chocolate pudding on top. I totally remember her stirring it forever while cooking it on the stove. We loved it.

Missy, your miles keep climbing. Sweet. Yes, I hope the next time you get in that many miles it is because you want to be at the beach house that long. As much as you do every day now; I bet you fall asleep the minute you crawl in to bed. Oh no that your gums are still bleeding; definitely see your dentist to get that addressed. Hoping your dryer gets delivered this week and works like a champ. That would be challenging to have the dishwasher rack not pull out all the way. I have a few of the rows broke in mine but not enough to get a new rack. That dishwasher isn’t that old either. I am still achy today but I bet that storm system is playing a big part in that. Gorgeous picture of the rainy fall scenery and Patient Zero is sure growing and definitely is showing his biting habit there. You do have a very busy week and I totally understand why you don’t need any more issues or problems.

Austina, we went to see Ford vs Ferrari. I would recommend it. White Christmas is such a classic and wonderful movie. Enjoy! I’ll have to try and catch it soon myself. Kim’s pendant and earrings are gorgeous. She’ll love them. They remind me of Kate’s (& Princess Diana’s) pieces.

Scandi, oh no to an unexpected bill and a surprise delivery. What a day you had! Chemo is so nasty and harsh but hopefully it helps your mom in the long run. It’s tough to know for sure. I continue to keep you all in my thoughts.

Sharon, a caramel pudding sounds fabulous and I bet you can find a microwave recipe. I found a microwave PB fudge recipe; it’s so much easier than cooking it on the stove. I supply the family Christmas cookies every year.

Work was busy today since we tried to check things through Sunday - several extra days. The snow starting by noon and is definitely piling up tonight. The ground was warm enough it melted at first but I am sure it’s icy as crud out there now. We will see how much we have in the morning.

Marty only had one client after 4 today and he cancelled so Marty made us chicken fettuccine Alfredo for supper. Such a treat.

If the snow is too deep I’ll work from home.

Take care.
Marcy

Snow snow snow. SNOW? lol

Lets talks about somethigelsethatdoesntsoundlikesnowOKhowaboutletsgotoTahiti?

cheers--Sharon

AV_

Ideal_Rock
NO...OOOOOT!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy Chicken fettuccine sounds delicouse, waybto go Marty !
Gary still can't see well enough to cook although he did clean my hair out of the shower today so im not complaining !
we are having open chicken and salad sandwhiches when i fish the chicken out of the freezer
the Christmas pudding is no where near as nice as lava cake
we never had anything that nice in the 1970s
but it smells like Christmas plus it has booze in it ! and Gary likes it and we can't really afford presents but i can still make it a nice day as we have often enjoyed a Christmas day just the two of us.
with Melanie sick a big family Christmas is too hard on her and Gary can't drive that far and home again

anyway mum would steam it in a pot of water on the stove so it had to be watched it didn't boil dry for hours
im really hoping the slow cooker is the way to go
it was always a worry for mum the silly things didn't go mouldy which is why she hung them to mature i surpose
im thinking the fridge or the freezer might be good for me ! - i don't know why mum didn't do that because she had a big deep freeze ???

enjoy the fettuccini

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results