shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy i am sending the evil eye to your insurence company from across the oceans (my smilies won't work today but imangine the angry one )
now the smilie smile one

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Nicky. I bundled our insurance just to get our house payment to drop just a little bit. Now it's $42 more a month since the taxes went up. Oh well. Not much I can do about it now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Nicky. I bundled our insurance just to get our house payment to drop just a little bit. Now it's $42 more a month since the taxes went up. Oh well. Not much I can do about it now.

you remind me we must do this also
ours is all over the place

its just we really never know what's around the corner with these super storms we all seem to be getting these days

plus earthquakes
volcanic eruptions ... ive never had to worry about that before but if we dig in our garden we have a layer of pumise about 6 inches down that did not come from a river !
the thing that annoys me is thought that in a good year the insurence companies cream it - and that's bussiness, that's ok, but after a bad year we all end up paying more

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is scary finding some pumice in your garden. We get hail, tornadoes, flooding and wind damage around here. One of the reasons I wanted to redo our home owner's policy is to get out of the 1% value of your house as deductible for and wind damage. This policy is $1500 deductible for everything with $50 reduction every year up to 10 years if you don't make a claim. It's an evil necessity, huh?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is scary finding some pumice in your garden. We get hail, tornadoes, flooding and wind damage around here. One of the reasons I wanted to redo our home owner's policy is to get out of the 1% value of your house as deductible for and wind damage. This policy is $1500 deductible for everything with $50 reduction every year up to 10 years if you don't make a claim. It's an evil necessity, huh?

it sure is
my mother once had to claims for hail damage
we live hopefully just out of tornado territory, they arnt massive like yours but they will still destroy a house if a home is in its path
we do actually have beautiful volcanic soil that makes everything grow and the pumise is excellent drainage, our back lawn and garden never gets a puddle even if it rains all day and its not like its perfectly flat. but it must play on Gary's mind (he's a retired builder) because he was talking about when we redo the ceilings also putting plywood up there ...i can't quite remember the specifics but he lay in bed one night thinking all about it
my sister had concrete tiles on her roof and because she lived in a low wind zone they didn't use to tie them on where she lived so in the Christchurch earthquake she had them come through the ceiling - then that night it rained. she did get a rebuild but its not a nice way to get a new house

because we are on pumice its redicoulss we feel very small tremors - lucky we were warned about it

anyway i guess we are always learning

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive just come in from a late afternoon in the garden, planting out tomatos, basil and NZ yams (oca), still so much to still do but its a start
im working on the principle of what gets planted latter catches up anyway and please no autumn frosts so i get a longer growing season
snapped one of the expensive tomatos getting it out of the bag
not at all impressed
hoping i can be clever enough to grow it from a durring like grandad used to do

i don't know about biking 8000 miles but im knacked !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you dear missy

and oh missy im happy about RW and your doc agreeing with you but concerned about the insurence (smilies not working today)

even though im a 'rightie' if there was one thing i could gift the people of America it would be universal health care because what on earth do people do who don't have the nouce you do or for that matter the money for insurence premiums
admitadly Its far from perfect here for instance unless a patient wants to pay, one has to take the drugs the government pharmaceutical agency gets the best deals on from big pharmac but when Gary had his heart problems we could not have faulted the care he received - of course we were then living in a big city (for NZ) with a big hospital with a full cardiology dept

as someone with a very low opinion on insurence companies in general (because they keep shifting the goal posts and make us jump through hoops) i sincerely wish you luck with them

Thank you Nicky. I am exhausted battling the insurance companies. Sadly I have to take a number of meds and it seems now most of them are a battle to get covered. They are very expensive meds that I cannot just stop taking. It is a very stressful situation but one that I cannot let get to me too much as this is the way it is and it isn't going to get easier anytime soon unfortunately. This latest med I have to take to keep my thyroid from crashing is critical and now I have at least a few weeks wait to see what happens with that. I do have a stash of the med left but I cannot take the new dose until I either get it approved by the insurance company (who already rejected it twice) or pay myself out of pocket. It is still cheaper than one of my other meds but not a small amount by any means at $750 every 3 months and that is at a discount at Costco. I would prefer using my small local pharmacy nearby our beach house but they won't be able to offer me the same discount. I will see how this progresses. My endocrinologist did not respond to my email asking for him to please do a PA for this med he prescribed yesterday. Everything takes so much energy and I am so tired. Thanks for letting me vent and get it off my chest. (((Hugs))).

I am so relieved that Gary got the excellent medical care he needed! And yes you are so right. The insurance companies keep shifting the rules and what we need to do and what they cover and it does feel like we are constantly jumping through hoops. I always said our health insurance and healthcare in this country is great as long as one remains healthy. :/

Missy, woo hoo to riding over 8000 miles. That is awesome!!! I get the desire to just keep cycling and never come back, and just kidding. It’s awesome your dad is doing okay. Hug him for me. And your mom too. Oh no that your ankle is acting up, I hope it’s better by now. I was worried it was the ankle you broke. Yes, sadly most people do fall in category #2. Sometimes the friend that sticks by you is the last one you’d expect. I am sorry you had someone disappoint you; their loss for sure. I am relieved to hear your appointment went well and they got your meds worked out, but oh no your insurance company is denying it. What a hassle and I hope you get that worked out soon. Cute picture of Ollie; he looks sneaky, sleepy and unhappy all at once there. The kitty of many moods. I’ll go check out the RW thread but that’s a good thing round 1 is negative.

Thank you sweet Marcy for everything. You are a doll. I will hug both parents for you. I think my ankle is a bit better. Fingers crossed. And you are right sometimes the people who stick with us and by us are the ones we never expected to. Fortunately I am very lucky with most of my friends who are true friends. I have no bitterness in my heart and am just happy to see this person finally for who she is. Not a bad person but just not a good friend to me and her behavior was deceiving to me but that is OK. It's on me for being fooled twice/three times? I have lost count. I hope this person goes on to have a good life and I wish nothing bad for her at all. I just am happy to have peace in my life from this experience.

As I wrote above to Daisy the insurance company is not approving my med anytime soon so I will continue taking the old dose til I get a final rejection or approval and if rejected I will just have to pay.

Not much going on; working, lifting and goofing off.

Speaking of insurance I am NOT happy with my company. Remember I moved our auto insurance over to our home owner's company, got a revised policy at a lower rate and they haven't sent the new policy to our mortgage company. Our escrow analysis came today with the higher premium. Sigh.

Ugh, I am sorry about that. It seems the cost of life is always rising whereas the money we have coming in is falling. LOL and cry cry cry. Life aint for sissies and sometimes (often) it is just one day at a time to make it through. Good for you lifting and good for you getting some goofing off time in at work. You work hard and deserve a little bit of a break. Hope you have a good Thursday and yes we are closer to Friday at 5PM now woohoo.

@canuk-gal it's cold here again today as I am guessing it is by you. Yesterday at Costco we got hot hands and hot toes and we are going to try it cycling. Supposed to keep our hands and toes warm. We shall see. I hope I don't have an allergic reaction to them. How is birthday month coming along? I wish I could give you a big birthday hug in person. Virtual hugs for now. (((Hugs))).

Hello @Slick1 hope you are feeling 100% well and that the sick kids continue to stay home. Sending you hugs and healing vibes and good luck for upcoming procedures. XOXO.

@Scandinavian continued healing dust for your mom and hugs to you.

@Mamabean thank you for all your caring support. How is your week going? Hugs.

Hello to everyone else. Hope all is well and that everyone is enjoying a nice week. We hope to go cycling today but not sure we will be able to. Greg has to head into the city for a board meeting later so our day is abbreviated. First cleaning then maybe time (and weather) permitting cycling.

Leaving you with Bubbalah in the car during errands

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.12.26 AM.png

and then after running our errands yesterday afternoon.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.09.59 AM.png

She is keeping things warm yet icy and blingy on an frigid but sunny November day.
Enjoy a lovely day ladies. XOXO. Maybe I will see some of you later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My endocrinologist just emailed me and said he has his assistant working on the PA for me. Fingers crossed it gets approved by Cigna. This is stressful but I am relieved that my endocrinologist replied to me and the process is starting soon.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon ladies!
Lots going on but not a lot of fun. My mother is not at all well, not surprising but no fun nonetheless. My grandmother is slightly better but not well at all. Walking the dogs today and the youngest decided to go out into the big world on his own. Wish he had aimed for the woods and not the roads. I found him eventually and he is okay, but I still feel scared. It took me a while to catch him because we were “deep in the woods” when he decided to make a run for it, and with all this snow and ice, my running speed was a little lacking...
Oh well. All is well that ends well. Except Furbaby F started limping sometime during our pursuit. And she still is. So now I worry for her instead. Might have pulled something. I can’t find any bruises or anything. All together not a terribly good week. Thanks for listening.

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m keeping everything crossed that the insurance company does the right thing and approves your meds @missy. On top of everything else, you don’t need this extra worry (and expense) and it makes me wonder what you’re getting for your money if they keep saying NO to everything. Our private health insurance is relatively inexpensive here, in fact mine is due now and I’ve just changed insurers as they’re offering me cheaper coverage. Fortunately for me, I haven’t had to claim in over 10 years, last time was for my knee op. It stinks that they know they have you, charge you a fortune for coverage, and then won’t pay out. I hope Greg got in and out of the city for his meeting without too much hassle. Does he have a date yet for his op? I hope your Dad is continuing to recover well and that your Mum is doing OK too.

I’m sorry things aren’t good for your Mum and Grandmother @Scandinavian, you must be so worried for them both. Naughty pup scaring you like that, probably got the scent of a critter and was on the hunt. Dottie only did that once, shortly after we got her and although she was probably only gone for 5 minutes, it felt like hours, and I was frantic. Hopefully some rest and F will be back to normal again. Here’s hoping that your week gets better from here, will you be going to the cabin at the weekend?

Ugh @marcy, insurance companies, what can I say, you know the aggravation we had with ours over the gates, they’re always quick enough to take your money, and even when you don’t claim, they still put up your premiums. The good news is it’s almost Friday, and then the weekend.

I hope your plants thrive @Daisys and Diamonds, it’s really satisfying growing food. We grew quite a lot of vegetables in our first garden, and you could really taste the difference.

It’s really cold here today, we haven’t done much, did the food shop and Colin had to go and get his ears vacuumed this afternoon :lol:

I hope all the NIRDIs are doing well, sending love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Your insurance company is a *little* annoying... would think that if the doctor prescribes something it is because you need it... go figure...
@Austina Yes, going down Saturday to oil the floors again lol.
Any fun weekend plans, anyone? Or boring once? I’m not picky lol..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon ladies!
Lots going on but not a lot of fun. My mother is not at all well, not surprising but no fun nonetheless. My grandmother is slightly better but not well at all. Walking the dogs today and the youngest decided to go out into the big world on his own. Wish he had aimed for the woods and not the roads. I found him eventually and he is okay, but I still feel scared. It took me a while to catch him because we were “deep in the woods” when he decided to make a run for it, and with all this snow and ice, my running speed was a little lacking...
Oh well. All is well that ends well. Except Furbaby F started limping sometime during our pursuit. And she still is. So now I worry for her instead. Might have pulled something. I can’t find any bruises or anything. All together not a terribly good week. Thanks for listening.

Aww honey I am so sorry. I wish I could do something besides send you virtual hugs and support. Thank goodness your sweet pup was found safely and whatever happened to F's leg will (hopefully) heal. If she is still limping tomorrow of course perhaps a visit to the vet? Sending so much positive energy your way and best wishes for your mother and grandmother. I am so sorry about what is happening with your mom. Cancer sucks. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Your insurance company is a *little* annoying... would think that if the doctor prescribes something it is because you need it... go figure...
@Austina Yes, going down Saturday to oil the floors again lol.
Any fun weekend plans, anyone? Or boring once? I’m not picky lol..

Yes the insurance companies here leave a lot to be desired. Frustrating.
Weekend plans not sure yet. I will keep you posted. Just got back from a good cycling ride. We were bundled up and the hot hands and toes worked well.

Good luck oiling the floors Saturday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m keeping everything crossed that the insurance company does the right thing and approves your meds @missy. On top of everything else, you don’t need this extra worry (and expense) and it makes me wonder what you’re getting for your money if they keep saying NO to everything. Our private health insurance is relatively inexpensive here, in fact mine is due now and I’ve just changed insurers as they’re offering me cheaper coverage. Fortunately for me, I haven’t had to claim in over 10 years, last time was for my knee op. It stinks that they know they have you, charge you a fortune for coverage, and then won’t pay out. I hope Greg got in and out of the city for his meeting without too much hassle. Does he have a date yet for his op? I hope your Dad is continuing to recover well and that your Mum is doing OK too.

Thank you dear Austina. My dad is doing A OK thank goodness. Greg's operation is scheduled for Jan 17th. I am glad your insurance works well. Obviously ours does not. But I am grateful if we have to we can afford my meds though I agree it's not right. We have coverage and the MD is prescribing it for my health not for frivolous reasons. I literally need it to survive. But we will see what they decide. Another one of my meds that is more expensive is no longer being covered and that is going to hurt. I have to take it. I will try appealing but that normally goes nowhere with them. It's a game weighted towards the insurance companies.

It’s really cold here today, we haven’t done much, did the food shop and Colin had to go and get his ears vacuumed this afternoon :lol:

Yay for ears being vacuumed. I hope he is feeling good and can hear clearly. Maybe I need to get Greg's ears vacuumed lol. Greg is heading out in a couple of hours for his meeting. We just got back from cycling. It's chilly here too but we had a good ride. Toasty warm hand warmers work well.

Stay warm and have a nice evening Austina.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Nicky, that must be nice to have such great drainage in your yard. Our last house had clay and it was nasty when it rained. By the time you got in the house your shoes weighed 30 pounds and it was hard to get off when it dried. I can’t say I’m surprised your husband would be thinking how to rebuild things and improve your house. That is too bad about your sister’s house. Oh no to feeling small earthquakes. I felt a small one once. Good luck with your garden.

Missy, Bubbalah is still gorgeous. She just glows. Yes, you’ve had your share of battles with insurance companies, I hope the doctor get’s the meds approved for you. When Marty was full time Army Guard he had Federal Blue Cross and the job I had then had me on regular Blue Cross; I never had to pay for a darned thing. Wouldn’t that be nice these days? Glad to hear your ankle is better; how is it tonight? I am glad you have some true friends; it makes a huge difference. I hope your hot hands and hot toes work well for you. I should get some for work. I am always cold at work.

Scandi, I am sorry to hear your mom and grandmother are not doing well. Big hugs to all of you. How scary your furbaby took off; glad you found him okay. Oh no that Furbaby F is limping. Hope she’s better tomorrow.

Austina, you certainly did have a hassle with insurance and getting your gate fixed. I’ve only had good luck with one insurance company so I don’t know why I’m still not with them. They don’t like speeding tickets so they dropped us when we got married since Marty had 3 tickets at the time. But we had their home owner’s policy until we moved to this house. I am delighted tomorrow is Friday. Stay warm! Do they have little Dyson’s to vacuum Colin’s ears? I hope that went well.

Supposedly my insurance guy talked to my mortgage company today and they got it all straightened out - I logged in to my account tonight and see absolutely nothing different. Tonight I need to cancel my auto deduction for my old car insurance which I have to cancel tomorrow.

Not much exciting going on. I need to practice my program for the astronomy meeting tomorrow. It’s a FYI on telescopes so it shouldn’t require too much practice.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling it a day soon but I wanted to check in quickly -

@Scandinavian, I'm really sorry your mother and grandmother aren't doing well. OX Such a hard time for you and your family. I'm so glad you found your furbaby but how stressful and upsetting for you. I hope F's limp turns out to be nothing, you don't need anything else to worry about right now.

@missy, encouraging news from the vet, and I hope you get more good news next week. I hope the insurance works out on the medication.

@Daisys and Diamonds, your pics of the beach are beautiful. You're off to a good start on your garden and I hope you don't get any autumn frosts.

@marcy, amazing pic of the Mercury transit! I'm sorry you're having issues with the insurance, so frustrating. I hope your astronomy club meeting goes well.

@Austina, I'm sorry your conversation with Shirley was so difficult, such a sad situation. Nice on the free apple tv! Your day out going to lunch and a movie sounds really nice.

@Tekate, the plans for your new house sound fantastic. Have a great visit with Chris and good luck with all of your traveling.

@canuk-gal, that is a sweet bike pump! And yay to rose gold earrings, they sound lovely.

Arrived in South Carolina yesterday...rainy and chilly but what can you do...spent the day with my sister and then the 4 of us went out to dinner. Nothing else special planned...this is a short trip, we're off to Charlotte NC on Sunday to attend a football game/business function and heading back to NJ afterwards.

Have a good weekend everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Happy FriYAY!!!

@junebug17 aww sorry it's rainy and chilly. Seems like that is the theme of the season and after today our weather here looks to be quite chilly and rainy and not too nice. Today is the last nice day and we are going to make the most of it hopefully. Have a lovely time in SC and enjoy your trip on Sunday to Charlotte. What a lovely place that is. Have a wonderful weekend and sending you warm hugs.

@Scandinavian I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers and I am here for you if you want to talk, vent, cry, anything. My heart goes out to you and your entire family. I cannot imagine what you are going through but to say I know it is awful and I am continuing to send all the positive vibes and healing thoughts your mom's way. Gentle hugs and much love to you dear Scandi. XOXO.

@marcy I hope the insurance agent did get it all straightened out for you and that it is just lagging behind showing up online. Thanks for all your good thoughts and warm wishes as always. Hope you have a good day at work and a good astronomy meeting tonight. Telescopes sound like a fun topic and an easy one for you. You are quite the astronomy expert. Hugs.

@Tekate I hope your move is going well. Sending you big hugs and love and all good things. Autie is going to be so lucky her grandma is near by all the time. So wonderful. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 how are your wedding plans going? Thinking of you and hoping all is going according to plan and have a lovely weekend.

@Slick1 how is Chase doing? Everytime I think about Fred's situation I think about Chase too. Sending you healing dust and hugs and hoping you have a good Friday and woohoo the weekend is almost here. Hope the Juvenile delinquents are behaving and everyone who is sick is staying home. Do not spread those germs please. Hugs.

@Mamabean what is on tap for the weekend? After last weekend's brunch I imagine you might want a low key weekend. Hope whatever you do is relaxing and fun. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky, it is very satisfying growing one's own food. My mom has a lovely vegetable garden and it is very tasty. Any weekend plans? XOXO.

@AV_ how are you? Thinking of you and hoping all is well by you. Hugs.

@Austina what are your weekend plans? Hope Colin is feeling well and his ears all cleared out and good now. I know yesterday had to be a hard day and sending you warm hugs and love.

@canuk-gal hope your birthday month is continuing to be a good one and that you are having fun. And I hope you get to ride a bit more before the weather makes it impossible. Sending you (((hugs))) and love across the miles.

So as I wrote above we had a good ride yesterday and enjoyed ice cream and it's funny but now whenever we go there we are always there for too long as people come by and chat with us and it's very lively there. One of the workers there saw our bike and though it was her day off stopped by to chat with us for the entire time we were there. Flattering and she is super sweet but we got no alone or relaxation time. But it is nice how lovely everyone is there. Today we hope to have a nice ride as it is the last nice day for who knows how long.

My glasses arrived yesterday and something is not right. I think they put the optical centers in the wrong place. Oh well. So when we get a chance I have to go back there and see if they can remake the lenses or if I just cannot make these work because they are too large for my prescription. I really love these glasses so hope we can make it work. Right now it is just super unclear and I do not think I am looking through the O.C.

First up selfie from yesterday. A brisk cool autumn day.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.44.25 AM.png

Ice cream!

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.43.45 AM.png

Leaving you with an evening beach shot. So peaceful and rejuvenating here.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.44.08 AM.png

Stay warm and cozy and have a wonderful FriYAY! Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And LOL

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.55.55 AM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon ladies!

oh dear this idn't good
its good doggie is safe though
im sorry to hear your mom isnt doing so well. is your grandma your mum's mum (i know you guys have lots more different words for relatives than in English)
anyway holding thumbs tomorrow will be a better day for all
i hope your mum is getting the very best care

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy that's awsome about your insurance being sorted, phew

@junebug17 i get frightful over excitteed when people visit places ive listened to Bruce Springsteen concerts from
plus those accents down there are to die for / swoon over
@Austina. that's too bad its cold but its only for a wee while
food shopping can be quite draining

my tomato plants survived the wind, rain, thunder and lightening
we have Gary's son and daughter coming to visit tomorrow. hopefully Gary's eyes will have a good day so Melanie has one less thing to sorry about
i forgot to buy extra biscuits (cookies) for morning tea so im thinking about making lemonaid (the plain clear soda pop fizzy) scones but ive never made them before but its 3 ingredients- what can go wrong :lol:

anyway its Saturday morning already here
im very late to bed
everyone i hope friday is being kind to you and your loved ones

@missy. you could post a picture of an oil refinery and id think it was beautiful ! that's a beautiful view you have there

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I've finally lost track of NIRDI all in all.

Just from the latest, I am reading of many worries tumbling down on your side @Scandinavian, even with your knack for puttig everything right, it is all too much!

@missy Of course I cannot not respond to your many mentions! Thank you very much indeed! There is magic in NIRDI & it worked for me this year: I am happily sunk into the many details of settling in a house for 'winter' - that is to say a season of 10C-ish, too little rain, too much wind this year.

You might recall I was to pass by Seville for voting & for roscos - it didn't happen; I am behind with everything except work (fingers crossed.)

TBC

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh dear this idn't good
its good doggie is safe though
im sorry to hear your mom isnt doing so well. is your grandma your mum's mum (i know you guys have lots more different words for relatives than in English)
anyway holding thumbs tomorrow will be a better day for all
i hope your mum is getting the very best care

Yes, grandmother is mothermother - in reality as well as in direct translation lol

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m very happy that your little ones are a bit better and hoping very hard for their continued recovery.
This picture made my day !!! OMG how cute! My babies get this way too if the snow in uncooperative lol. So their have jackets :)
Hoping for skiing season here soon! This is from last year

2025D98F-3175-4305-911A-1F4A67CDA8D0.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've finally lost track of NIRDI all in all.

Just from the latest, I am reading of many worries tumbling down on your side @Scandinavian, even with your knack for puttig everything right, it is all too much!

@missy Of course I cannot not respond to your many mentions! Thank you very much indeed! There is magic in NIRDI & it worked for me this year: I am happily sunk into the many details of settling in a house for 'winter' - that is to say a season of 10C-ish, too little rain, too much wind this year.

You might recall I was to pass by Seville for voting & for roscos - it didn't happen; I am behind with everything except work (fingers crossed.)

TBC

Thank you. It really is a bit much these days! But hey - silver linings soon I hope! If nothing else, I’m getting even better at multitasking:)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling it a day soon but I wanted to check in quickly -

@Scandinavian, I'm really sorry your mother and grandmother aren't doing well. OX Such a hard time for you and your family. I'm so glad you found your furbaby but how stressful and upsetting for you. I hope F's limp turns out to be nothing, you don't need anything else to worry about right now.

@missy, encouraging news from the vet, and I hope you get more good news next week. I hope the insurance works out on the medication.

@Daisys and Diamonds, your pics of the beach are beautiful. You're off to a good start on your garden and I hope you don't get any autumn frosts.

@marcy, amazing pic of the Mercury transit! I'm sorry you're having issues with the insurance, so frustrating. I hope your astronomy club meeting goes well.

@Austina, I'm sorry your conversation with Shirley was so difficult, such a sad situation. Nice on the free apple tv! Your day out going to lunch and a movie sounds really nice.

@Tekate, the plans for your new house sound fantastic. Have a great visit with Chris and good luck with all of your traveling.

@canuk-gal, that is a sweet bike pump! And yay to rose gold earrings, they sound lovely.

Arrived in South Carolina yesterday...rainy and chilly but what can you do...spent the day with my sister and then the 4 of us went out to dinner. Nothing else special planned...this is a short trip, we're off to Charlotte NC on Sunday to attend a football game/business function and heading back to NJ afterwards.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Thank you! Furbaby is a little better today! Hoping she will be fine by tomorrow! I do hate it so when animals get sick!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Nicky, that must be nice to have such great drainage in your yard. Our last house had clay and it was nasty when it rained. By the time you got in the house your shoes weighed 30 pounds and it was hard to get off when it dried. I can’t say I’m surprised your husband would be thinking how to rebuild things and improve your house. That is too bad about your sister’s house. Oh no to feeling small earthquakes. I felt a small one once. Good luck with your garden.

Missy, Bubbalah is still gorgeous. She just glows. Yes, you’ve had your share of battles with insurance companies, I hope the doctor get’s the meds approved for you. When Marty was full time Army Guard he had Federal Blue Cross and the job I had then had me on regular Blue Cross; I never had to pay for a darned thing. Wouldn’t that be nice these days? Glad to hear your ankle is better; how is it tonight? I am glad you have some true friends; it makes a huge difference. I hope your hot hands and hot toes work well for you. I should get some for work. I am always cold at work.

Scandi, I am sorry to hear your mom and grandmother are not doing well. Big hugs to all of you. How scary your furbaby took off; glad you found him okay. Oh no that Furbaby F is limping. Hope she’s better tomorrow.

Austina, you certainly did have a hassle with insurance and getting your gate fixed. I’ve only had good luck with one insurance company so I don’t know why I’m still not with them. They don’t like speeding tickets so they dropped us when we got married since Marty had 3 tickets at the time. But we had their home owner’s policy until we moved to this house. I am delighted tomorrow is Friday. Stay warm! Do they have little Dyson’s to vacuum Colin’s ears? I hope that went well.

Supposedly my insurance guy talked to my mortgage company today and they got it all straightened out - I logged in to my account tonight and see absolutely nothing different. Tonight I need to cancel my auto deduction for my old car insurance which I have to cancel tomorrow.

Not much exciting going on. I need to practice my program for the astronomy meeting tomorrow. It’s a FYI on telescopes so it shouldn’t require too much practice.

Take care.
Marcy
How was the astronomy meeting? Hope you had fun!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s coooold and wet here!

I don’t blame you hibernating @AV_ this weather is atrocious, we’re not going out unless we have to!

Have a great time this weekend @junebug17, enjoy the game and have a safe journey home on Sunday.

Hope things start improving this weekend @Scandanavian and your mother and grandmother feel better. Hope little F is doing OK too. Love the photo of the punsters!

You’ll have to let us know how the lemonade biscuits turn out @Daisys and Diamonds, they sound interesting.

I hope you managed to get the insurance sorted out today @marcy. Good luck with your talk, I’m sure you’ll do great. Can you believe my old insurance company rang me today to ask why I’m not renewing my policy. I told them I’ve had a better quote, and they asked if they can requote. I told them no, if they could offer me a better price, they should’ve given it to me straight away.

I hope you managed to get a good ride in today @missy and that the weather co-operated for you. Sorry to hear your glasses aren’t right, hopefully they can sort them out for you, it’s disconcerting looking through lenses that aren’t right. You and Greg are certainly well bundled up. I saw a heated padded jacket the other day and thought that would be perfect for you :D

Colin’s ears are fine now thank you @missy, and @marcy you’ve left a lasting image in my mind of a Dyson tube down his ears :lol:

We have no plans for the weekend, the weather is going to be foul, so we’re staying in and keeping warm.

Good news from Kim, she went for an interview for a job this week (3 in fact!) and heard this afternoon, that she’s got the job! She’d been getting quite downhearted with the rejections, so we’re really thrilled for her.

Yay, it’s almost the weekend :dance:

:wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls! Happy FriYAY!!!

@junebug17 aww sorry it's rainy and chilly. Seems like that is the theme of the season and after today our weather here looks to be quite chilly and rainy and not too nice. Today is the last nice day and we are going to make the most of it hopefully. Have a lovely time in SC and enjoy your trip on Sunday to Charlotte. What a lovely place that is. Have a wonderful weekend and sending you warm hugs.

@Scandinavian I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers and I am here for you if you want to talk, vent, cry, anything. My heart goes out to you and your entire family. I cannot imagine what you are going through but to say I know it is awful and I am continuing to send all the positive vibes and healing thoughts your mom's way. Gentle hugs and much love to you dear Scandi. XOXO.

@marcy I hope the insurance agent did get it all straightened out for you and that it is just lagging behind showing up online. Thanks for all your good thoughts and warm wishes as always. Hope you have a good day at work and a good astronomy meeting tonight. Telescopes sound like a fun topic and an easy one for you. You are quite the astronomy expert. Hugs.

@Tekate I hope your move is going well. Sending you big hugs and love and all good things. Autie is going to be so lucky her grandma is near by all the time. So wonderful. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 how are your wedding plans going? Thinking of you and hoping all is going according to plan and have a lovely weekend.

@Slick1 how is Chase doing? Everytime I think about Fred's situation I think about Chase too. Sending you healing dust and hugs and hoping you have a good Friday and woohoo the weekend is almost here. Hope the Juvenile delinquents are behaving and everyone who is sick is staying home. Do not spread those germs please. Hugs.

@Mamabean what is on tap for the weekend? After last weekend's brunch I imagine you might want a low key weekend. Hope whatever you do is relaxing and fun. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky, it is very satisfying growing one's own food. My mom has a lovely vegetable garden and it is very tasty. Any weekend plans? XOXO.

@AV_ how are you? Thinking of you and hoping all is well by you. Hugs.

@Austina what are your weekend plans? Hope Colin is feeling well and his ears all cleared out and good now. I know yesterday had to be a hard day and sending you warm hugs and love.

@canuk-gal hope your birthday month is continuing to be a good one and that you are having fun. And I hope you get to ride a bit more before the weather makes it impossible. Sending you (((hugs))) and love across the miles.

So as I wrote above we had a good ride yesterday and enjoyed ice cream and it's funny but now whenever we go there we are always there for too long as people come by and chat with us and it's very lively there. One of the workers there saw our bike and though it was her day off stopped by to chat with us for the entire time we were there. Flattering and she is super sweet but we got no alone or relaxation time. But it is nice how lovely everyone is there. Today we hope to have a nice ride as it is the last nice day for who knows how long.

My glasses arrived yesterday and something is not right. I think they put the optical centers in the wrong place. Oh well. So when we get a chance I have to go back there and see if they can remake the lenses or if I just cannot make these work because they are too large for my prescription. I really love these glasses so hope we can make it work. Right now it is just super unclear and I do not think I am looking through the O.C.

First up selfie from yesterday. A brisk cool autumn day.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.44.25 AM.png

Ice cream!

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.43.45 AM.png

Leaving you with an evening beach shot. So peaceful and rejuvenating here.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.44.08 AM.png

Thank you @missy for your amazing shout outs! I appreciate you so much. And happy FriYAY to all! It's been a whirlwind and I'm trying to catch my breath. Weekend was wonderful with my girlfriend. Thank you to @@junebug17 @Austina @@marcy @missy @relate and everyone for your opinions and being there for me. It means a lot and I value each of you taking the time to even think about me and post. Here are the updates: the venue we loved will not host a wedding less than 60 so it's out, I've found a beautiful waterfront bnb manor that does weddings and are more than accommodate a small wedding. My fiance really just wants us to get married and for it to be just us. He knows my parents want to be there. I love the idea of a romantic winter wedding just us but I think I will feel badly if my parents aren't there. They are alive and well, willing to drive anywhere anytime so I think it will be very be very special for them to be there. My dad can walk me down the aisle and my mom can help me in the morning. We are going to the bnb tomorrow to make sure we love it and to make official plans. My fiance said his sisters wont travel so I'm letting go of inviting his nieces who threw us the engagement dinner. He said he will handle communicating anything regarding the wedding decisions to his family. I'm going to talk to my sister and if she wants to drive and take my nieces out of school then I would love but I dont expect it and am totally fine if they are not there.
It's been a little stressful, I am still nervous about getting married. He will be here soon and i think we will talk about lots this weekend. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hugs to you Missy I'm so glad your dad is recovering well. And rwg is getting better I think. I adore your pictures and your view and I get lost in pics of Bubbalah! Glad you've got her back and we need more pics!
I'm thinking about each of you and sending love and hugs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy weekend @Jimmianne !! Keep well and in comfort!!

@missy; gosh that snow pants picture really GETS IT! That could be me!!!! LOL Decent weather here buyt ciy, I think my 2019 cycling days are at an end.

@Scandinavian : I hope your plate becomes lighter soon....with all the colloquialisms out there this one is apropos...when it rains it pours (or snows)

@junebug17 @marcy @AV_ and ALL other NIRDI's take care!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results