shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM everyone, it's FriYAY! @bling_dream19 I will forever think of you when I write that word haha.
It's cold here and what a change from yesterday. It was in the mid 70s and warm and humid here yesterday.

74.png

Today it's in the 40s and very very windy. Brrrrrr. We are attempting to go cycling later though. Haha we are masochists I think or rather I am as I am the one who so wants to go cycling. I am going to freeze my tushy off today.

@junebug17 thanks sweetie. Yes I thought because the weather was so mild we would get lots more Halloween kids but no. It didn't really rain here til much later but maybe the forecast of rain scared kids away? We did manage to hand out a good amount of candy because Greg was confident we wouldn't run out and he was right. We have left over and I am not sure I should let him eat the rest of it but OK I will. I just worry because lots of friends have heart issues and I don't want Greg to invite trouble. We have enough trouble at the moment. How is your DD doing? I hope you find those earring drops you want...when I first read your post I was like drops? What eyedrops and how can I help lol. I love milky way. So delicious. Let's face it I am a candy-holic and if not for my intolerances I would eat way too much candy. Glad you managed to get it out of your house Junie. Wise woman. Have a great Friday and looking forward to hearing your weekend plans.

Don't forget we turn the clocks back this weekend.

@marcy it doesn't surprise me we share the same candy love. Glad Marty arrived home safely but Boo to Jury Duty. Greg has that in December. Glad the snow melted. Glad NN is behaving and woohoo to getting off work early yesterday. Did you get any trick or treaters? I am sorry you aren't sleeping well and getting up so early. Hope now that Marty is home you resume sleeping patterns and sleep through the night and later in the AM. Yay for enjoying lunch with a friend and her DD. Yay for today almost being like a vacation day with your boss and NN not being there and hope it goes smoothly. Weekend almost here woohoo.

@AV_ what holiday is it for you today? You're not missing anything with Halloween. I used to love it when I was young but it's not anything special now. Even handing out candy isn't that much fun anymore. Hope today is a nice holiday and you enjoy it.

@Daisys and Diamonds yay for Gary's eyes improving eyesight though maybe not as much improvement as you would like to see (haha pun intended). You are so right. It is very nice having a patient get better. Very satisfying from the healthcare professional point of view. And it goes without saying how wonderful it is from the patient's and their loved ones point of view.
Any weekend plans?

@bling_dream19 speaking of the weekend, what are your plans? Any wedding updates?

@Mamabean hope the drive goes well and you are doing well. How is Bailey doing? Keeping good thoughts for him and hugs to you.

@Austina thinking of you and hoping you and Colin are doing well. Hugs.

@canuk-gal how did the rest of your week go? Weekend plans? It's going to be cold and windy here but we are going to cycle (or try our very best at least) while we still can. How is your son enjoying his new bike? Hope your sister and mom are well. XO

@Slick1 woohoo it's Friday. Weekend is almost here. Another week accomplished. Hope you have a nice weekend planned. XO.

@Scandinavian how is your mom feeling? Thinking of you both and continued healing vibes being sent your way. Hugs.

Yesterday was a good day and we enjoyed a nice drive and Greg got lots accomplished at work too. Plus shampooing everyone but Fred went well. Fred's shampoo day is today. Cleaning the house (first) and then Fred shampooing and then off cycling for a while. Have a Fantastic FriYAY and hugs to all my friends here. XOXO.

Leaving you with the kitties who purr good morning and they love all of you meowy much.

Fred just hanging out by the fire. We are keeping it at 90 degrees in here and I am sweating so much but the cats come first. I think I am melting though...
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.26.48 AM.png

After their baths Tommy and Bobby
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.26.58 AM.png \

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.27.17 AM.png

and finally Oliver. or as @Mamabean enjoys little Patient Zero.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.27.56 AM.png

And lol

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 7.28.14 AM.png

Ummm, NOPE. We have our fill right now ;-)
Have a wonderful Friday lovely ladies.
Don't forget we are turning the clocks back Saturday overnight to Sunday. An extra hour of sleep (for some) and just an extra hour of being awake for others...lol.

Yay Missy you know I love FriYAYs! I'm actually at a work retreat and I am in shock. Cant seem to catch my breath. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 , I wish I had your willpower and only ate a few pieces of Halloween candy. I managed to devour a whole bag. Do you and DH any plans for the weekend?

@Austina, I thought the Downton Abbey movie was great. I was sad to see the series come to an end. As always, Maggie Smith was wonderful. She is perfection in the role of Violet. The Downton tour sounds like it would be a lot of fun. There is a movie coming out in two weeks with Helen Mirren I can’t wait to see called the Good Liar. The trailer for the movie looked really good.

@marcy, It must have been nice to have a quiet day at work for a change. Does Marty have to travel again soon or is he home for a while?

Missy, I hope your mom had a great birthday. Your nieces have grown so much. Was it warm enough to cycle today?

@Tekate, I hope all is well with you and you are pain free.

@bling_dream19 , I hope you had a good time at the work retreat.

My day was pretty uneventful and consisted of doing laundry and eating Halloween candy. We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow. Winter is definitely here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Caturday Saturday! Meooooow.

@Austina hope the oven cleaning went well and wow to ironing your sheets. You rock. I am glad the cat came by to say hello. Maybe Dottie is sending her to let you know she is at peace. The weather here is dry and cool and we had a good ride yesterday and hope for one today. What are your plans this weekend? (((HUGS))).

@marcy Greg actually enjoys jury duty. Weird I know. I dread it and cannot understand how anyone enjoys it. LOL. But I have ADD and cannot sit still and do what I am told so yeah that's a big part of the reason I dread going. We are the prisoners in jury duty haha. Enjoy laundry and not being at work woohoo. XO

@bling_dream19 oh exciting. What kind of a work retreat? Hope the weather is nice and that you enjoy it. Hugs.

@AV_ hope the holiday was nice (if you celebrate) and that you had a good Friday and have a nice weekend planned. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds how are you doing sweetie? Hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs.

@Tekate sending you continued big hugs and much love and hope you are feeling well sweet girlie. XOXO. Greg send his love too.

@Slick1 hope you have a fun weekend planned. Woohoo it's the weekend. Or as HRH Francesca used to say "what is a weekend?" Oh I miss that sweet kitty.

@Scandinavian hugs and healing dust being sent your and your mom's way. Thinking about you every day.

Oh no to more snow Callie. I heard Chicago has been getting blasted with snow and that schools were closed for almost 2 weeks. Wow.

We had a good ride yesterday @canuk-gal and hope you are enjoying whatever you are doing and that your weather is cooperating.

I took some photos for those of you who enjoy.

Ice cream yummmmm

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 7.10.05 AM.png

Ocean waves... sigh....so beautiful. I have video too and will share later if I can.
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 7.10.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 7.09.51 AM.png

Just a beautiful crisp autumn beach day. Doesn't get any better than this.
Off to clean in a little while and then cycle. Don't forget clocks go back tonight.
Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday lovely ladies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot. My sweet niece fell in gym class yesterday morning and she might have a stress fracture of her fibula. My sister and BIL had to leave work and rush to the hospital and were with her there most of the day. She left on crutches and now has to see a pediatric orthopedist. My niece is taking it like the little trooper she is though. Very brave. I sure hope she isn't as klutzy as her Aunt Missy lol. Though I was on swim team and she is very athletic in many ways it looks like the klutz gene might not have skipped a generation...one can hope. My sweet niece, poor baby.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 7.27.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 7.27.30 AM.png

Aww that face. I love this girl so much.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Almost forgot. My sweet niece fell in gym class yesterday morning and she might have a stress fracture of her fibula. My sister and BIL had to leave work and rush to the hospital and were with her there most of the day. She left on crutches and now has to see a pediatric orthopedist. My niece is taking it like the little trooper she is though. Very brave. I sure hope she isn't as klutzy as her Aunt Missy lol. Though I was on swim team and she is very athletic in many ways it looks like the klutz gene might not have skipped a generation...one can hope. My sweet niece, poor baby.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 7.27.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 7.27.30 AM.png

Aww that face. I love this girl so much.

Oh gosh and sorry about your sweet niece. She will heal quickly!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Uh, for any hint of broken bones ,( It is very good that your niece takes it well, of course. I am not too surprised to hear that you have always been into sports, not after you have just cycled the equator in half a summer!

It has been raining on & off, and it will be the same tomorrow, but it is almost 20ºC - summer rain in November. I've locked work away to take care of house & some such. Next weekend there are elections to go to - not exactly a habit, for better or worse; the best part of the exercise is location: the closest consulate is in Seville, the capital of EOY sweets, or so I am told & will check in detail. The fundamental fact of life here is that work looks good enough to let out of my mind for a day or two & this hasn't happened for too long, except for keeping holidays and this one, is not one I keep; else, there is a bit of travel at the end of November & other things, but the big lines are drawn already so I can live.

-

I kept reading, wishing well at each line & not writing! Keeping fingers crossed, thinking of you @Scandinavian, @Tekate, @Mamabean, @marcy, @Calliecake, @Austina, @junebug17, @bling_dream19, @canuk-gal & all who read without writing!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy I hope your sweet niece is OK! It is 9C today and prolly our last opportunity to ride as I believe snow is in our future this week. However, I think we'll just walk to our favorite restaurant for a bite. I had a busy and stressful work week and need a break from cooking.

Christmas music in stores today. NO. JUST NO! Too early! :bigsmile:

Thinking of everyone in NIRDIville.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday! Turned the clocks back in most of the USA not sure about the rest of the country. Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend.

HI:

@missy I hope your sweet niece is OK! It is 9C today and prolly our last opportunity to ride as I believe snow is in our future this week. However, I think we'll just walk to our favorite restaurant for a bite. I had a busy and stressful work week and need a break from cooking.

Christmas music in stores today. NO. JUST NO! Too early! :bigsmile:

Thinking of everyone in NIRDIville.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you dear Sharon! She is a trooper and doing OK. I am with you. It's too early for Christmas music and I love Christmas music. I hope you get a break from cooking and sorry the week was stressful. Hope the weekend is proving relaxing and rejuvenating. (((HUGS))). And oh no to snow.

@missy Uh, for any hint of broken bones ,( It is very good that your niece takes it well, of course. I am not too surprised to hear that you have always been into sports, not after you have just cycled the equator in half a summer!

It has been raining on & off, and it will be the same tomorrow, but it is almost 20ºC - summer rain in November. I've locked work away to take care of house & some such. Next weekend there are elections to go to - not exactly a habit, for better or worse; the best part of the exercise is location: the closest consulate is in Seville, the capital of EOY sweets, or so I am told & will check in detail. The fundamental fact of life here is that work looks good enough to let out of my mind for a day or two & this hasn't happened for too long, except for keeping holidays and this one, is not one I keep; else, there is a bit of travel at the end of November & other things, but the big lines are drawn already so I can live.

-

I kept reading, wishing well at each line & not writing! Keeping fingers crossed, thinking of you @Scandinavian, @Tekate, @Mamabean, @marcy, @Calliecake, @Austina, @junebug17, @bling_dream19, @canuk-gal & all who read without writing!

Thank you dear @AV_ and hope that you are relaxing and resting your mind and enjoying the weekend. Where might you be traveling to at the end of this month? XO

Good morning @bling_dream19 how is your work retreat going? Hoping you are enjoying it despite being a work thing and hope you get home safely and have a good day no matter where you are.
Thanks for the good wishes for my niece. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds how is your weekend going? Thinking of you. XO

@Slick1 hugs and hope you are having a restful weekend.

@Scandinavian thinking of you and your mom sweet girl. XO

We cycled in the brisk temps yesterday and plan on some more cycling today despite it being chillier and windier. What can I say? Trying to get every bit of cycling in before it's just too darn cold.

Jersey Shore beach pics for @bling_dream19 and @Daisys and Diamonds ...bringing the jersey shore to you if you cannot get to the jersey shore...

Gorgeous clouds and sun
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.18.14 AM.png

Gorgeous beach
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.18.22 AM.png

Gorgeous ocean
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.18.34 AM.png

No matter how cold we need our ice cream right? Hahaha
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.18.51 AM.png

and finally how I manage to cycle in 40 degree temps. Wearing 5 layers under this jacket lol and Brrrrrrrrr.

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.19.12 AM.png

Hello to everyone else. Have a great Sunday girls!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @missy, I hope your niece will be OK, poor little thing, everything crossed it’s not too serious. I remember a cousin of mine hurting himself on a trampoline, and the bone was sticking right out through the skin :eek-2:

You certainly look well bundled up for cycling, in fact, you can’t even tell it’s you under all that :lol: It’s always ice cream weather whatever the thermometer says;-) I bought some tiny Cornetto, about finger size and we had a couple of those after our meal yesterday:lickout: My ovens are sparkling clean, I’m so impressed with the self cleaning feature, I really thought it might be a gimmick and not that effective.

I’m really glad you enjoyed the film @Calliecake, and I think they could’ve carried on with the series as it’s a period piece. I know Julian Fellowes has written another series which will be on here shortly, so I’ll let you know whether it’s worth looking out for. I’m in 2 minds about the Helen Mirren film, I’ve seen too many films where she’s just Helen Mirren, the only one I thought she was good in was the one about the Kustav Klimt painting stolen by the Nazis.

Yikes, I hope you’ve go through the work retreat @bling_dream19, it’s not something that was around when I was first working - that makes me sound about 110 years old :lol:

Hope you’ve had a good weekend @AV_.

I hope your weather hasn’t been too severe @marcy and that you’re enjoying time away from work. The weekend goes too quickly when you’re working, if only the week passed that fast.

Keep safe and warm @canuk-gal

Continuing to send lots of good thoughts to @Slick1, @Scandinavian and @Tekate, I hope you’re all doing well despite all the trials you’re going through.

Pretty uneventful weekend for us, the weather hasn’t been great. Colin watched the rugby yesterday morning, and was, of course, very disappointed with the result. We then went to pick up our paint, only to find that the lady who’d taken our order had completely messed it up. When we went on Tuesday, they had 2 pots on the shelf, even though their inventory was showing 3. As the offer was 3 for 2, we didn’t take the 2 pots but ordered and paid for 3, which she said she’d ordered. Turns out, she only ordered 1 because she thought we were taking the 2 they had, so when we went yesterday, they only had 2 pots. They let us have them at the 3 for 2 price, so quite a saving, so we just took those.

We’ve just been out for a walk, and managed to get back before the rain, so now we’re in for the day, I’m watching a horror film, The Nun, and Colin is rattling his newspaper around :lol:

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I got through it folks. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! My FI picked me up and we are going to enjoy the mountains for a few days...we are going horseback riding, wine tasting, hiking and relax and oh yeah eat delicious food and celebrate my birthday and finish planning this wedding! And look at gorgeous jewelry on PS! I am the one who purchased the Maytal hannah setting from loupe troop and it should be in on Tuesday and I plan to set a pastel lavender spinel I purchased from loupe troop over the summer. So that's my November birthday bling! Now I'm not get around to setting and sizing it until after the wedding and the new year but we shall see. Also, my FI will be giving me my citrine ring that I picked out and even posted over the thd summer. He loved it so much and said he wanted to give it to me. So he gave me the money and I've been waiting for the ring. Will post when its officially given. I love gifts that I pick out and then he gives them to me. It's a great system! And I'm sure it's a system that will work well for marriage lol.
Thinking about each of you. Many hugs and love!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Sunday!

Bling Dream, oh no to being in shock at a work retreat. I hope that passed quickly. Glad you survived and you and your FI had such wonderful plans for the weekend. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have some nice bling in your future. I can’t wait to see it all.

Callie, I thought that Helen Mirror movie looked good too. Let me know what you think if you guys go see it. Marty is home for now but might be doing some more LA trips again. He is reporting for possible jury duty selection on Tuesday though. I told him it’s better to get picked and get it over with because then you can go request to be excused the rest of the session. Sorry to hear you are getting so much snow. We still have piles on the streets and grass but mostly it’s melting.

Missy, I am so sorry to hear about your niece. I am sure they’ll fix her up soon and I am wishing her a speedy recovery. Nice you got to go riding. I think we should have a contest to see who guesses how many miles you end up with this year. Winner gets to wear Bubbalah for a week. Does that sound good? Ha Ha. Okay, they get one of Greg’s apple pies. You do look all bundled up for your ride. I can’t say I am surprised that Greg enjoys jury duty; of course he knows a lot more about that world than the average person. I did find it interesting but I’m like you - I’m not built for it. Love those ocean waves. Beautiful.

AV, nice to have work taken care of for a while and traveling to Seville. We’ll look forward to hearing about your adventures and treats.

Sharon, I hope you enjoyed a relaxing weekend after a stressful week. And sadly I think both of us will have snow in our future for the next 6 months. I saw in another of Missy’s threads you like Minions; they totally crack me up. Marty found some a Minions set of characters that are dressed up like Star Wars characters; they are on our entry way table. Yes it is too early for Christmas music in stores but I did see a Minions stocking at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

Austina, self cleaning ovens are the best. Glad you are pleased with the results. I forgot to remove my racks last time but was able to scrub them clean again. This stove is a different brand that the other ones I’ve had and they never had your remove the racks. I did have problems from work several times yesterday. Oh well that is why they pay me the big bucks - ha ha ha. How has Colin been doing post surgery? Nice you got a deal on your paint but darn they didn’t order what you asked. Stay warm.

I did totally enjoy Friday - no hassles. Sadly yesterday I had 3 hassles work related, phooey.

My company writes little notes in 100’s of Christmas cards and takes them to local nursing homes so I got this brilliant idea of making little plastic canvas ornaments to put in the cards. A lady that works for me makes origami snowflakes to put in but I thought I could do something as well. So I spent an hour or so in Hobby Lobby, got the stuff I needed and spent hours yesterday finding patterns, printing them; getting them the right size and cutting out some plastic canvas. I made 5 different designs, made one of each and don’t really like any of them but one. And since we need them within a few weeks and I got 5 done in 2 days I decided to give up on that idea. I have some cute crochet and knit patterns but they aren’t flat to put in a card. I’ll have to come up with something easier for next year. My vision isn’t too good for that small of detail work either.

We went out for a late lunch yesterday and then watch 3 episodes of the new Jack Ryan. I watched 5 of the Snoopy in Space; some were better than others but I was amused by Snoopy.

I got up before 6 this morning to adjust to the new time change. I at least got to see a lovely sunrise. We went out for breakfast right away. We swung by the cemetery to wish my mother a Happy Birthday and to “show” my dad Marty’s new red Ford. After that Marty drove out to a school north of town and I practiced driving the pickup around the parking lot. I used to drive my dad’s truck so I didn’t have any problems with it and I drove home. Ooh. I am sure Marty needed alcohol after that. He didn’t want me to try and pull it in the garage when we got home though. Chicken.

Take care.
Marcy

This morning's sunrise
IMG_3681.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got through it folks. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! My FI picked me up and we are going to enjoy the mountains for a few days...we are going horseback riding, wine tasting, hiking and relax and oh yeah eat delicious food and celebrate my birthday and finish planning this wedding! And look at gorgeous jewelry on PS! I am the one who purchased the Maytal hannah setting from loupe troop and it should be in on Tuesday and I plan to set a pastel lavender spinel I purchased from loupe troop over the summer. So that's my November birthday bling! Now I'm not get around to setting and sizing it until after the wedding and the new year but we shall see. Also, my FI will be giving me my citrine ring that I picked out and even posted over the thd summer. He loved it so much and said he wanted to give it to me. So he gave me the money and I've been waiting for the ring. Will post when its officially given. I love gifts that I pick out and then he gives them to me. It's a great system! And I'm sure it's a system that will work well for marriage lol.
Thinking about each of you. Many hugs and love!

Happy Birthday! November is my BD month also!

chdeers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, yes - sign me up for just say NO to snow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy @Calliecake @Dee*Jay can we just say NO to snow???????

cheers--Sharon

I am SO with you! The kids around here had to trudge through several inches of it on Halloween. It's October for god's sake! I've given up hope of driving Billy Ray any more this year and already put him in storage...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay good idea to keep Billy Ray safely tucked away from this white stuff. We tend to have more cold, snowy Halloweens than not. Stupid snow.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I add to the chorus of
No Snow Please ❄️ ⛄

Speaking of chorus here’s a poem I wrote a few winters ago and I think it’s appropriate to share here again.

I don't like the cold winters
Face and body sting
No love for harsh wind
Skin feels rough and mean

Younger it was such a delight
Snowmen, sledding and snowball fights
Mom, dad, sister and friends
Such fun! We thought it wouldn’t end!
Chilled weather and snow as it fell down
Coating ground, the grass, no traffic, no sound

Where’s the spark, the energy we had for that time?
Oh right, we got old and life’s more a chore
Slick roads, icy streets warned not to explore
Too easy to break bones, cold invades us that much more

Adulthood sucks in many ways
But the kids! The kids!
Living for snow and off from school days
Ah the wonder this weather can bring
Our hearts brim with love, we just want to sing!

Long gone days, a dim memory
But sharing with kids we recall how free
Exploring fresh snow, something anew
The paths we made when footprints were few

Remember the snow, the ice and the wet cold touch?
And the joy of snowflakes falling on tongues?
So satisfying, one by one
Each flake harshly cold and then softly done

Oh the winter, the fun, the times spent together
Exploring, adventures, enjoying the weather
Years later, wistful thoughts, our feelings changed
Memories, precious those, forever in our hearts do remain.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i feel sad for those of you turning the clocks back yesterday
but i know lots of people love alot of things about winter
here is a big old oak tree across from the cafe where we had lunch
my photos does not do it justice but it was just so green
im sure you all have older and bigger oak trees but this is one of the largest i have ever seen remember NZ has only had about 200 years of European settlement 20191102_115544.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! just a quick hello. We are heading to the endocrinologist office for my thyroid ultrasound this AM. Not seeing my endocrinologist but another doctor who does the US. Leaving at 5AM so just a quick hello and I will try getting back here later.

Had a brisk but wonderful cycling day yesterday. Cycled 60 miles in very cool temps woohoo. Gorgeous day and yummy ice cream of course. Jimmy is closing a few days every week starting today because he isn't making payroll. Not everyone loves ice cream in the cold weather. What's wrong with them??? But he said text him if we are riding and he will open if he can for just us. What a great guy. I protested but he insisted. He said if he is nearby he would be more than happy to open the place for us. Wow.

@Austina sorry Colin's rugby team lost and about the paint mix up. Glad you enjoyed a walk however. Yes that's me haha. I look like an alien lol but I am snuggly warm so that makes me happy. Hope you are having a good Monday dear Austina.

@canuk-gal @marcy @Dee*Jay I am with you. No snow please. We are getting very cold temps here by the end of the week with a possibility of snow. Oh no! Our cycling days are winding down ;(

@marcy love that sunrise. Spectacular. Hope Monday is a good day for you. How thoughtful what you do for the nursing homes. So kind and sweet. Love that.

@bling_dream19 happy birthday month! To you and @canuk-gal! My sister is a scorpio and her birthday is this Thursday. Woohoo for making it through the work retreat. That's a relief. Hope you had a great Sunday evening and enjoyed time with your FI.

@Daisys and Diamonds beautiful oak tree. How was your weekend? Hope Gary and Melanie are doing well. Thinking of you. Hugs.

Big hugs and bucketloads of healing dust to @Tekate @Scandinavian and @Slick1 I am always thinking of you lovely ladies and sending so much love and good vibes your way. XOXO.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out but please excuse me as this AM I am in a huge rush. Have a good Monday and hugs to all of you.

First up ice cream from yesterday yummm

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 4.25.27 AM.png

Then beach pics @Daisys and Diamonds and @bling_dream19

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 4.25.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 4.26.03 AM.png

and finally photos yesterday evening from our deck in the backyard. Beautiful puffy pink clouds. No photo alterations were made. All this is just gorgeous colors. Surrounded by beauty here.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 4.26.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 4.26.20 AM.png

Enjoy a marvelous Monday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, LOL to eyedrops - you are definitely the one to go to for those kind of drops! SO sorry about your niece's injury...she is the sweetest thing and I hope she heals quickly. Yes, better not to even have candy in the house! Ds took my last bag to bring into work. Good luck at the doctor's today; hope everything goes smoothly. I'm glad the kitties made it through their baths ok and I'm really hoping all of this treatment will give you good results on the rw culture. Love the pics, they are all so sweet. <3. Beautiful shots of the Jersey shore scenery too.

@Daisys and Diamonds, sorry Gary's eyes aren't better yet but him being able to see the chart better sounds encouraging. I hope you had a good weekend.

@Austina, sorry you were feeling so tired and I hope you're feeling better. LOL to no calories in the small bars...oh how I wish it were true haha! Aw, that little Birman sounds so cute. I agree, self cleaning ovens are awesome. Nice that you ended up saving money on the paint. Sorry about the dreary weather and I hope the sun comes out soon. <3

@marcy, agreed, hanging and folding are the downside to doing laundry! That sunrise is just gorgeous. LOL to Marty needing a drink! Sounds like you handled the truck just fine. I'm sorry your idea didn't work out and yes, definitely too labor intensive but such a good idea. I like craft stuff like this and if I come up with something for next year I'll let you know. Sending cards to a nursing home is such a sweet thing to do.

@Calliecake, if I'm being honest I ate more than a few pieces :oops: But that's it, I'm being good from now on (or at least for the next week:lol-2:) Oh no to the snow forecast; it just seems way too early for it. Dh had to travel to Japan for work so it turned out to be a quiet weekend here. He'll be home tonight. Hope you had a nice weekend.

@AV_, good to hear work has let up a bit for you and you can get a break for a day or two. I wouldn't mind summer temps right now, even with rain! Seville being the capital of sweets sounds amazing and I hope you let us know what you find.

@canuk-gal, imo the best things about going out to eat are no cooking and no cleaning. Glad you treated yourself, you deserve it after such a busy week. I hope this week is easier for you. XX

@bling_dream19, so glad your work retreat weekend is over! And yay to a few days in the mountains enjoying yourself; it all sounds really lovely. I love Maytal Hannah's work and that setting is gorgeous. A lavender spinel will look amazing in it. I don't remember you posting the citrine ring and am upset I missed it LOL. Can't wait to see a pic when you formally receive it. Exciting that one of the nirdis is getting some new sparklies :dance: And yes, me picking out my own gifts has worked well for us too!

@Dee*Jay, I agree, way too early for this snow nonsense!

@Slick1, @Tekate, and @Scandinavian, thinking of you XOX

Dh was traveling this weekend so it ended up being a low-key weekend but I managed to amuse myself...did a little painting and starting re-watching Stranger Things. Netflix is a wonderful thing LOL. Dh will be home tonight and ds is coming over to watch football and get take-out. I'm not a football fan but it will be nice to have dh back and spend some time with my guys.

Sending good thoughts to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy birthday to our November NIRDIs!

I’m looking forward to seeing your birthday bling @bling_dream19 , citrine is such a lovely cheerful stone. Your lavender spinel also sounds like it’s going to be stunning. Choosing your own gifts is absolutely the secret to a happy marriage, I don’t think we’d have survived nearly 41 years if Colin had kept buying me things I didn’t like :lol:

I’m glad you‘ve found time to do some painting @junebug17, what was your subject? I must admit, I’m not a fan of football, but rugby can be pretty exciting as it’s fast paced. Enjoy having your DS over this evening and not cooking! I hope your DD is feeling more positive too.

No, no, no to more snow @Dee*Jay @canuk-gal and @marcy - our forecast is looking pretty bad, we’re supposed to be getting an arctic storm heading our way :-o

Wow that’s a pretty impressive looking specimen @Daisys and Diamonds, your weather is looking considerably better than ours! Did you enjoy your lunch?

Are you enjoying Seville @AV_ it’s not somewhere we’ve been to yet?

That’s a spectacular sunrise @marcy, this putting the clocks back really messes with your body clock, ours was last weekend, and neither of us have really adjusted to it yet. Your snowflake idea was a good one, sorry it didn’t work out, it’s hard to come up with something different each year. Phooey to having to sort out work messes on your weekend.

I hope everything went well with your appt this morning @missy, that was an early start for you. I know you’re up early anyway with all the cleaning and laundry, but actually getting ready to be out of the house at that time :eek-2: Glad you managed to get in another ride yesterday despite the weather, and how great is that that Jimmy will open up for you if you’re passing? Hope the kitties are doing OK and ready for their next round of treatments.

It’s cold here and predicted to get colder, we managed to get out this morning just before the heavy rain. We’ve reinstated our sauna Monday nights, only problem is, it makes us so tired we fall asleep straight after :lol:

Colin has an early appt tomorrow to see the surgeon as he’s still feeling some discomfort, although the incisions and bruising are all better.

Happy Monday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17, and I agree completely re the candy. It's no good in the house lol. I am not eating as healthfully as usual and all the ice cream isn't helping but oh it is so yummy. Jimmy did open up for us today. So sweet of him. Glad you are having a good day and that your dh is returning today and ds is coming over later and you will be with your guys again. Low key weekend is A OK in my book.

@Austina good luck to Colin on his surgeon follow up. I hope the discomfort is just normal healing and nothing of concern. Glad you got a walk in before the storms. We have snow heading our way later in the week. Ugh and no thanks. But enjoyed a wonderful ride today and probably the last ride of the week/autumn/year? Sad. But it was a good run or should I say cycle.

@bling_dream19 glad the retreat is over and went well. And please share all your birthday and other bling. We love seeing your beautiful pieces. I love Maytal Hannah's work. And yes to choosing exactly what we love. What date is your birthday?

@canuk-gal is your birthday next week? I know you might not want to share the exact date but I would love to wish you a happy birthday near or on your special day if you are OK sharing. If not that is A OK too. My sister's birthday is this Thursday and a scorpio. I find scorpios (my mom is one too) very creative and sensitive. And in the case of my mom and sister stubborn but I realize one cannot generalize haha. Hope you are having a good day and that the temps are comfy.

This AM went smoothly. My ultrasound showed no growth of my thyroid nodules woohoo. Next week I see the endocrinologist for more tests as my thyroid is still very sluggish and I cannot seem to get my thyroid levels higher even with meds. My body just won't do what it is supposed to do. Oh well.

Speaking of that my niece saw the orthopedic surgeon Saturday morning (thanks to her dad who was able to get her an immediate appt) and she has a fracture of the fibular growth plate. She is in a CAM boot for 4 weeks and back for X-rays in 2 weeks. It's called a Salter Harris I fracture. She should heal fine. Fingers crossed.

OK back to happy thoughts. Ice cream! And all the other pics...wash rinse and repeat haha. I would never tire of this weather but sadly this is it for a long while I think so might be last pics like these for some time.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.44.53 PM.png

and for @Daisys and Diamonds lol look at what we saw on a garbage can today.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.45.34 PM.png

and @bling_dream19 and everyone else who loves the beach and ocean

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.46.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.46.33 PM.png

Another picture perfect autumn day at the Jersey Shore. Rain is here tomorrow and then maybe snow later on in the week.

@Tekate great kate the sweet and wise thinking of you. How are you feeling? Any house updates? No pressure just wanted you to know you are on my mind.

As are @Scandinavian hope your mom is doing well.

@Slick1 hope the kids aren't draining you dry and that your Monday is going smoothly.

@Mamabean hope the cleaning lady put the bling in a safe place and all you have to look ahead to is a great brunch celebration.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying Seville! Please share your adventure there with us when you have the energy and time.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful day. XO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean You are the best mom.. you aren't enabling Chris Joanne, you are giving a helping hand, for one it's good he can live in his place while he get's his life together and second, it's best he doesn't live with you guys anyway because as before, he has to get his life in order, it's wonderful he has his MBA and he will make use of it I am sure. I remember when my boys were young and I said to John: "Did I sign up for this job? If I did, I resign".. I have read these boards enough to get a very good idea of everyone here, especially us NIRDIs.. you and all of us here are spectacular women (I includ me because lately I have been trying to enable myself to think myself good).. I could name off Missy and the mother of cats (as opposed to dragons but heck she loves her catkids) Marcy and her commitment to job, her husband and her life, slick1! that girl faces adversity every day and she is nothing but kind, AV with her jobs and life, Austina there are no words that describe what a good friend she is to Shirley and us, Callie, Callie cares so much about the future of OUR country and the world, her family and she is so kind, Sharon always tries to check in and keep in touch, a true friend, oh Junebug, June is kind and caring and a good friend, and our new girls Daisy and bling-dream.. I mean you don't hang here unless you have a good heart.. so in my usual self depracating manner I make a short story long, but I do want you to know from my heart to yours, you are a good good mom. Kate

Happy almost evening!
It was a busy crazy day as usual today...I did get my Shingrex shot today @missy I went to our usual CVS..but they were out and said the waiting list was a year and a half! My doctor’s office is also out and the waiting list is really long. I called a Giant pharmacy..that’s in another town...and they had it! Then when we got there they told me my insurance probably wouldn’t pay for it because it had CVS printed on the card. It would have cost $200...I was going to do it anyway...No way was I going to wait one and a half years! It turned out my insurance did pay. I only had to pay $20! So now I wait to see I get any reaction...I’m not worried though...
@Slick1 I must have missed your post where you are having trouble at work. I’ll go back and see if I can find it. You have a very stressful job to begin with...I hope it’s not people you work with. You can understand the children because they have special needs...but I know that’s tough..but if you have coworkers that are being difficult that’s really bad.
I realized I didn’t see all your photos from the wedding. I’m going to go check them out tonight. I think they were on IG?
@Calliecake Thank you for always asking me about Chris. I saw him today..He looks so good...I did help him with bills...He didn’t pay his rent from July...He has very little money...I was afraid they would evict him...I know you’re not supposed to fix things but he’s doing his part...and it wouldn’t hurt us so I ran it through my husband first to see if he had a problem with it...and he was fine with helping him because he’s trying to help himself...Chris is so intelligent...and has so much potential...He has an MBA but he was walking dogs so he could drink...I just hope that now he’s on medication for anxiety and under care that he can get this monster under control.
I’m so sorry you’ve had the loss of two aunts and another family member who lost their brother. It’s true when bad things happen they seem to happen all at once.
My mom does go to bingo twice a week...but she has had bad back pain so couldn’t go for a few weeks..I had to stay home to care for her..I took her to our doctor and told her my mom needs medication that she can safely take every day for her aches and pains. She’s now taking Gabapentin..and alternates with Tylenol. She was able to go to the center yesterday. It was great for both of us!
Gotta go make dinner...I’ll be back..

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ and hope that you are relaxing and resting your mind and enjoying the weekend. Where might you be traveling to at the end of this month? XO

There is a short answer: Barcelona - since that is where a quick flight ends, but I have a list of places to go & things to do around the opposite end of Spain, to be all packed into a day trip. The date is set by an appointment, so not much leeway for fun; I haven't looked to see what's good to see & do around the city at that time.

-

@AV_ hope you are enjoying Seville! Please share your adventure there with us when you have the energy and time.

Are you enjoying Seville @AV_ it’s not somewhere we’ve been to yet?

@AV_ Seville being the capital of sweets sounds amazing and I hope you let us know what you find.

I am conting days to Sunday in Seville, sure enough ,) It is a little absurd that I have not had my day in Seville @Austina, famous as it is & close enough; every time I go is for the consulate, so I get to pass by all of the sites that are to be seen in the city & spend the day on the hallways of said institution. This time, I have a few good hours of mid-day break to see & taste things & report too.

-

@Dee*Jay , @marcy I hear you re. snow. IMHO, it is very nice as long as T hardy ever gets below 10ºC at night, at my snow watching seat down in the valley. I wonder how could I live thrugh winters like yours!

-

Let there be no NIRDI this week, unless it is a good one!

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina ooh I enjoyed Seville very much was there for 3 days before we sailed on a cross Atlantic cruise, I loved Seville_, but I love Spain.. @AV_ enjoy your time in Seville and I'm a teeny bit jealous but mostly happy! ;-) for you. Hope Colin is feelng okay and his visit went well. xoxo

@missy Marvelous Missy, the pix are always so up I LOVE your pictures and I've eaten more ice cream these past months than I have in my whole life. :) I read the RW thread, you two are the best.. I hope everyone eventually get's better - stops biting - and heals and you can get back to the city before you usually go to the beach! ;-) you are special dear Missy.. lucky Kate the GREAT! to know a gentle, kind and good mom Missy. (and Greg).. I'm glad your thyroid shows no more nodules and wish to high heaven that you could get your numbers up, I think you would probably feel a bit better if you could. Is your BIL a physican? I'm glad your niece is going to be fine and it won't affect her growth, what a trooper, like her aunt! Missy I'll give a house update at the bottom if you don't mind.... SNOW! no. But they say up here in Maine we might get some too, John is sooo ready to leave, he's become an old man hater of cold weather.. oh well.. :) Look forward to 2020 when I get to Brooklyn and you are there and we all meet for coffee! and you meet Chris and John if he comes too! I'm trying ever so gently to push Chris to buy an apartment, he has the down payment more or less but it's the fees that are a killer.. we shall see. Kate's good, everyone is good Missy.. sending you and Greg and all the kids a big hug, hello and love. xoxoxo also MIssy, you now I love the city I really do, especially Brooklyn but the pix you post of the shore would almost make me want to stay all year, being near the beach as you guys are you get tons of wind in the winter but it's magnificent to look at.. it's just breath taking! :)

@marcy hey! both my eyes have gone through vitreous detachment in both eyes, after the second one early this year my eye doctor said 'oh your floater looks like an island with a beach' hell yeah, I had narrow angle glaucoma and that wasn't any fun either.. so I feel very lucky to be abe to see fairly well with glasses, but night driving is out for me..xoxo Marcy we have watched 2 episodes of the new Jack Ryan, John hated it :( I thought it was okay but not as good as season 1, does it get better? I hope so.. many it was so kind of your company to give cards to people who may not have tons of family etc and putting something in the cards was thoughtful Marcy it really was I don't think I"m that thoughtful... makes me happy to think that a company does that for people.. :) next year something easier in the cards! :) sorry about bad days at work, but I know you handle people VERY well.. me? would have escorted NN out by now.. that is why I was a bad leader, I am that type that wll do it myself, WRONG.. I'm much better as a facilitator of ideas.. whatever that means ha! xo

@junebug17 so nice to read that your DD is feeling better.. :) our trick or treaters here varies year to year, this year 50 kids, like the first year we were here.. it's been as low as 17 and as high as 120.. I can't figure it out.. when we move to TX in the rental house (if we are still iin it next Oct this is) I would bet we get over 200 kids, the subdivision is a starter subdivision with small homes with 3 bedrooms 2 or 2.5 baths on 1/4 or less lots, the kind of place I lived in 30 years ago :) it's fun to get a lot of kids on halloween and a pain too. How are you? I hope very well dear lady :) how's your boy? and how's the hubster? wishng you a great week June. xoxoxo

@Calliecake winter has arrived for you guys out west for sure.. we are due for one day this week where it won't get above 31F 0 degree Celcius.. we really thought we would beat the cold and snow but flurries and some accumulaton this weekend, we are planning to spend 3 nights in Brooklyn if all goes well and we have the time - we are leaving mid mornng of 11/15.. still packing packing cleaning. etc. sending you true friendship, love and juju! xoxoxoxo

@canuk-gal I say NO NO NO to any Xmas music till after American thanksgiving.. I mean that is just toooo much.. . so sorry this kind of stuff makes the holiday such a depressing time when they do things like this..ignore, repeat, ignore :) xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 Scorpio ! my dad was a scorpio and my husband is.. I call it the start of the holidays with our son's birthday in September, then 2nd son and DIL in Oct, John Nov me December then xmas! in April is Autumn's bday! it's a never ending extravaganza of holidaying in my life.. hope you had a great time at the team buliding meeting.. take care and can't wait for your wedding! xoxoxo

@Jimmianne how are you? let me know.. how's the weather your way? Maybe you might want to sell the farm? how's your art going? are you planning a France trip soon? how does health insurance work in France? nosey ain't I? I hope you are feeling well Jimmie, you probably miss your girl.. I am sending you healing vibes, dust and love. xoxoxo

so we are packing left and right and there has been no time of internet really, we have to pack everything except big stuff and rugs, we went out to dinner last night because we are trying to hit our favorite restaurants before leaving, we went to Petite Jacqueline's in Portland not as good as usual :( the water problem is fixed, there's a new ceiling in the linen closet, everything should be in order to pass to the new owners, there's a final walkthru on 11/14 (why? I have no idea, this is somethng only done in Maine as far as I can tell, never in NY, NC or TX) so we get to walk thru and look at an empty house I dunno... we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Portland the night of the 14th - we stayed there the first time we came up here in 13 to see if we liked it here, sort of truly bittersweet, but I soon will be looking for opinions on the new house plans when and if we ever get them... quite expensive to have a house done from scratch I say.. It's sort of scary.. We rented a small house in Georgetown TX for a year while the new house goes up.. not too far from Mike. Fall is pretty much over here, all the leaves are down :( going to get snow by this weekend.. and COLD weather.. as I said above 31F by Friday.. John is grumpy old man because he becomes so stressed out in these things... he sold a bunch of our stuff and I have to give him credit, I wouldn't have bothered, I would have donated it.. I will be on and off for the next month or so as we are supposed to stay in the city for 3 nights (but that depends on how long the truck will take to deliver our furnture to Georgetown I dunno all logistics) then we have a 3 day drive to Georgetown stay with our friends if our furniture doesn't arrive for weeks - we are using a freight mover not a home mover because it's cheaper but they will have over freight and they told John it could be up to a month b4 our stuff get's to TX, a month at our friends, I dunno.... they travel a lot but their daughter is going thru a divorce, I mean life is messy right? :) sending love to each and every one of you guys and @Scandinavian I hope your mom is okay... and that pink argyle diamond ring made my heart flutter! ..

here's Autie! Well this little doesn't seem like she was enjoying Halloween, but at 6 months I think she was just tired of it! halloautie.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well Miss Autie made my day! @Tekate super cute picture!!!!

@missy --I am a Sag...so my BD is near months end. Please send jewellery! lol And no the weather is not cooperating and is just gonna get worse. Starting tonight....I read....
:wavey:
@Austina Hope Colin's check up is OK.

Howdy to all the NIRDI's and hope all is well. Busy day at work but not soo stressful.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Thanks for the kind words about the sunrise photo. The chance to see a pretty one does help get me out of bed in the morning.

Missy, welcome to the no snow club. Let’s hope it works for the next 6 months. That is good news from your ultrasound today. Good luck with your appointment next week. My body doesn’t work right it; it’s like it has a mind of it’s own. Woo hoo to 60 miles yesterday. I am putting in my guess of 8319 miles for the year. That is awesome Jimmy will open his doors just to serve you and Greg. He knows some wonderful people when he sees them. I like ice cream when it’s cold too. I found several knit and crochet Christmas ornament patterns today; I may not be able to get many of them done this year but next year I should be able to knock some out. I was going to offer to have them bring me some boxes of cards and I’ll write notes in them at lunch. Absolutely gorgeous pictures from yesterday. I saw a headline today that said people who live by water are happier; I can see why with that view. I hate to hear your niece does have a fracture but it sounds like she should recover okay.

Daisys and Diamonds, gorgeous oak tree. We had trees sprout like weeds at our old house - we were going “woo hoo free trees”. Wrong. They turned out to be cotton bearing cotton trees. They did grow like weeds but when they shed cotton what a mess!

Junebug, since I didn’t get any Milky Ways to hand out this year I bought one at work today, sadly it wasn’t very fresh. Oh well; not like I needed to eat candy. If you do come up with some ideas for easy and flat Christmas ornaments or decoration please let me know. I found quite a few knit and crochet ones today that would work. I may not get any done in time this year but will work on them next year. This year I’ll try to work on writing notes in the cards. Last year I think we gave out about 1000 cards. Glad your DH will be home tonight from Japan. Marty flew by there all the time going to and from Hong Kong but that was one place he hasn’t visited yet. Long flights. Have a nice time with your DH and DS tonight, pizza and football sounds like a great evening. How fun to do some painting this weekend.

Bling Dream, Marty and I definitely pick out our own presents. Makes shopping easy.

Austina, we definitely pick out our own gifts too. That way you get exactly what you want. I found some patterns today I like; a wreath, Christmas tree, bulbs, mittens and stockings. They all look pretty easy and I am way better at knitting and crocheting than I am at plastic canvas. Ideas are very welcome too. They have some stuff you decorate with stickers; I might try a few of those as well. I hate to hear Colin has some discomfort; hopefully the surgeon appointment goes well; recovering from surgery can take a while. Stay warm. Nice that the sauna worked as a great way to quickly fall asleep.

Kate, what a relief you can see well with glasses; you have certainly had some issues with your eyes. I think the thing that bothers me the most is how fuzzy people’s faces look; their face is kind of smudged and grayed out. With both eyes and glasses I am near 20-20. My floaters are pretty bad at times too. It’s heck to get old. It was twilight when I came home tonight and thought I could see better than last year; that is good. I had an edema for a while in the eye that has the scar on the macula. I thought last year’s Jack Ryan was better too. I honestly don’t like so much of it in a foreign language that I have to read the translation captions either. We are through episode 5 so only 3 more to go. My company does quite a bit for local communities in our assorted locations. The gal that organized our Christmas cards is very active in the local Alzheimer’s organization. She always joined my team when I organized a company team for Race for the Cure so I like to help her out. She does the cards every years, and also a fund raiser at work where we bring in baked goods and have a bake sale. Ladies at work also make a purple quilt that they sell raffle tickets for as a fund raiser each year. We also do something like an Angel tree and food drive at Christmas. I think it’s a great idea for us to do things for our communities. I totally believe I am far to patient and forgiving with my employees but being mean and nasty to people makes me feel so bad it’s not worth it to me. NN has been surprisingly pleasant since she started her plan. Yes, I bet if you are still in your rental next year you’ll get about 200 trick or treaters. Darn that you didn’t get out before the snow but it was a pretty parting scene for you. I am glad you asked Jimmianne how she is doing; I was going to do the same thing. We have final walk throughs here too. We had our house built and it was fun yet stressful at time and yes they will nickel and dime you to death. My advice is keep checking on what they are doing frequently. We came by daily. They didn’t frame in our den door right, were putting in the wrong fireplace, wrong cabinets and other assorted things we had to keep calling the contractor - um no. I hope your stuff arrives in a timely manner in Texas; living with anyone else for a month can be challenging. Good luck. No, Autie does not look like she is enjoying her first Halloween.

Jimmianne, I’ve been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing.

Sharon, I hope you are having a better week this week.

Wow, there are a lot of Scorpions on here. Both of my parents were Scorpions.

I came home to a clean house so all I had to do was wash towels. Woo hoo!! I picked up window tacos for supper. I had a quiet day at work which was nice for a change.

Marty gets to report for jury duty tomorrow morning.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t feel bad @junebug17 . You are not along in eating more than few pieces of Halloween candy. I had DH hide the remaining bags and told him I would prefer he put them in the garbage. Have a great evening with your DH and DS tonight.

@Tekate, You posts always make me smile. What a sweet little face Autie has!!! Those little cheeks! So so precious. She is one adorable pumpkin. What a happy time for her parents getting to experience all these firsts with her. Please don’t over do it Kate with getting ready for the move. We all tend to over do it with packing because we just want it done! How great that you will be able to spend some time with Chris before you move. I’m sorry about your friends daughter. Going thru a divorce is never an easy time for anyone. I was thinking of you this afternoon as I spent 3 hours in the dentist office.

@missy, I hope your sweet niece is doing ok and not in too much pain and her bone heals quickly. It’s good she saw an orthopedic specialist. She is a trooper. Using crutches in the school hallways can’t be easy. I’m glad you are still able to cycle. Will this be a record cycling year for you and Greg? The beach pictures are beautiful. Will you be going back to Brooklyn the day your dad has surgery?

@Austina, I can’t wait to hear what you think of the new Julian Fellowes has series. I hope everything goes well with Colin’s doctors appointment and he starts to feel better soon.

@Mamabean, Were you able to find out if your ring is in the house? I was laughing so hard reading your story and husband’s comment about the neighbor. I hope you had a good day with David today. With Chris be going home soon? I’m glad he is doing well.

@marcy, I’m impressed you drove Marty’s new truck. Did he let you pull it in the garage. I’d be a wreck driving a truck that big. It’s great that Marty will be home for awhile. I hope his jury duty day goes by quickly. Are you expecting more snow this week? I will let you know when we see the Good Liar.

@bling_dream I hope you are having a wonderful time in the mountains.

@av, Please post pictures of your trip to Barcelona. What a trip to look forward to. Are you still enjoying work?

@daisy and diamonds , Thank you for posting the picture of the tree. The leaves have left the trees here and I’m already missing them. Your weather looks much nicer than what we are having here.

Not a whole lot going on here. I had a long dentist appointment today. Looking forward to tomorrow meeting up with my nieces and grandnieces. I can’t wait to hear her school stories.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@Tekate dear Kate the very great and wise and wonderful, how are you today? Aww Autie is precious. A beautiful girl inside and out I know it. She is special Kate and she is lucky to have you as her grandma! I know you feel super lucky too to have her as your granddaughter.

Wow you are experiencing a very busy and stressful time and we are here for you. No worries about having time to post or anything because you are always in our thoughts and we just want your move and house plans to go smoothly. Glad you rented a house close to your son while all this is happening and in the end it will have been all worth it but I know in the meantime it's hairy. Boo to snow this weekend and yes you are so right. Life is messy indeed. Speaking of messy...

Thank you for reading the RW thread and making it easier for me not to have to repeat here. I am feeling scared and depressed still as I think I see hair loss on some of the cats and what if it is new? I really am not strong enough to continue this forever. The routine is just a bear...haha @marcy a bear, even now I can still joke and laugh and that is key I think to surviving this. Greg and I are super tired. Forgive me for going on...and my gums are still bleeding so I know that is not good. Already saw the hygienist who thought it was just plaque buildup but clearly it isn't. So I have to call the dentist but have been procrastinating as I just don't have energy or time. I look to you as inspiration though as you have gone through much more challenging times and I admire you Kate so much. You are one strong woman. An unbelievable human being and just incredible in all ways. I take strength from you. Dear Kate I look forward to the day we can meet again in Brooklyn and have fun and I would love your whole family to join us. Hugs and love to you and John and Autie and everyone. Please tell your sweet niece katie I say hello and send my very best. (((HUGS)))

@marcy no I wish. We aren't going to hit 8K this year. It's impossible with the weather and work. Greg has a busy work day today and we have to still shampoo the cats which takes 2 plus hours when we do all of them which we are doing today. And the weather is hitting the 30s in a few days. Too cold. And snow is on the way. But absolutely no complaints re riding as we outdid ourselves cycling this year. No crying about that. I just wish Francesca was here with us and then everything would be easier to bear (haha bear). I miss her so much. I cry about her for her every single day multiple times a day. My heart aches for her. For the years she didn't get to enjoy that she should have. She should be here with us. I feel a deep pain whenever I think of her and it is often. Thanks for letting me get it out.

Sweet coming home to a clean house. Hope jury duty goes well for Marty.
I agree water has a special something that brings joy and peace and I wish everyone could live by the ocean. I am sorry your body doesn't work well these days and I hear you and can relate. You are a good person Marcy in a world of not great people and I feel lucky we met here and are friends. One day in person but for now this works. Sending you hugs and love and hope you are having a good week.

@canuk-gal happy November month! We like to celebrate all month long and you deserve only the best. I so wish I could send you bling and one day who knows I might be able to...I might just win a lottery and then you will be showered with gifts and so will all the NIRDIs I love and adore. XOXO. Boo to the bad weather but glad work was not stressful and just a good busy.

@Austina how is Colin feeling today? Please let us know what the surgeon says. Thinking good thoughts for all of you. XOXO

@Slick1 hope you are having a good week too. You are a rockstar going through all you went through and you are my inspiration. Plus a darn good lady which as I wrote above is a rare find. I got so lucky in this thread meeting such amazing women. Sending you hugs and love and all that good stuff.

@Scandinavian continued bucketloads of healing dust being sent your way my dear. Looking forward to hearing good news from you and one day we will get together again under happier circumstances I pray. XOXO

@bling_dream19 how is your week going? December is almost here and I am so excited for your winter wedding. Hugs.

@Daisys and Diamonds I thought you would enjoy that NJ is my spiritual home photo I shared above. Greg saw it first and thought of you. He is an honorary NIRDI as I share stories sometimes (only the good ones) and he feels like he knows you. Anyway hope you are having a wonderful week and sending you hugs and love.

@Calliecake enjoy your grandnieces and nieces and have a good week.

We rode yesterday as I wrote above and had a good ride. Today is a no ride day. Work and cats get in the way plus rain occasionally today. No ice cream. Oh well. Anyway lots to do today and we got a late start. But wanted to wish you all a happy tuesday and send hugs and good wishes your way. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of our drive in yesterday AM for my ultrasound appointment. The holidays are upon us.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 8.11.03 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results