shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Austina. Yes, he was a flattie. They aren't for everyone, I think--as they have a definite, shall we say, sense of humour--they're not as popular as labs and goldens. I read an article once where a gamekeeper on one of the big estates said they're fabulous working dogs 'except for their tendency to go self-employed,' which I think sums them up perfectly.

Was your beautiful girl an Italian Spinone? We have some friends with one and he's the loveliest, mellowest dog ever. I hear you on the not being quite ready to wipe away the nose smudges. We ended up taking him to the Royal Veterinary College Hospital--despite what I'd said for years about no heroic measures, when it came down to it, we needed to be certain before we made the decision--and it was over a month before we could bring ourselves to take his harness and lead out of the car.

Our vet said, and I think he's right, that one of the reasons the loss of pets hits us so hard is that fact that they are the only thing we raise, knowing from day one, that we're not trying to guide them towards independence. Our other dog misses him fiercely, so we're getting ready to jump back in...

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi. I took today off and finally got to go take some pictures. Some of these I did the ultra wide, regular and telephoto. I am pleased so far. 909AD3CA-3681-4D08-89CD-82DA4FCE4C83.jpeg 0FD8BF24-6388-43D4-BD9D-2D336DD087F7.jpeg 685CF871-CE83-4B74-B5AB-110AEA3ACC41.jpeg 242AA849-03AD-4362-BD64-7D56205462F6.jpeg D668A4C0-FC07-42AA-B55C-E79BBFA7EE3E.jpeg

LOVE YOUR RING @marcy It's so beautiful and feminine! Rhr? Tell us more about it if you get the chance.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi sweethearts and happy FriYAY!!!
I hope everyone has had a great week. My week has been good - feeling a little tired today and looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I am loving this gorgeous sunny warm fall day! I got my new GemOro US and I got to play with it and clean some things Monday night and plan to do more today or tomorrow.
@Austina Thanks for your wise words - a pros cons list is a very good idea. I do it verbally with my FI but I've not written it down - that will help. And sorry to hear about your cruise but hopefully you'll have fun whatever you do. Thinking about you and your grief and hope you're hanging in there.
@junebug17 Thanks for your vote of confidence in my decision making skills and support of reducing stress. I have so much to be grateful for - it's a lot to decide but I've turned the corner to realizing that I have the gift of options instead of feeling stress or fear of making wrong decision.
@missy LOVE your pics! They are gorgeous and it's so great to see you having fun and living life! Thanks for everyone's friendship here. There is talk of FI BIL going home from hospital today so I think he's going to make it, PRAISES. Weekend plans - CHILL and CLEAN @marcy :lol: make some food, take some walks, go to Costco - you know, the usual:D
@marcy thanks for your advice on life changes and work stuff. I just focus on doing my job and being a good person.
@Calliecake Ok so that's what it is! I'm getting older so decisions are harder - good to know I'm not alone:cry2: I think also the older I am I realize there is less time to fix any mistakes if I end up making the wrong decision. I used to be so carefree and I knew whatever decision I made it would be ok - it took me a while to get there but I would be ok. I'm going to keep that in mind and I hope that helps you too.
Thanks for the smiles, the bling and friendship :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Good morning from New Jersey! David had his six month checkup with his psychiatrist..meds only...We make it a mom and son date. We stay in a hotel overnight because the trip down takes over two hours and the visit only lasts fifteen minutes. We go out to a restaurant in a little complex that the hotel is in. The hotel was adequate before...It’s just for one night but it’s gone downhill...My main concern is that it is clean and doesn’t have bed bugs which is a big fear of mine. It doesn’t have that like a lot of hotels now. I liked this hotel because it has lots of room with a little kitchen and a pull out couch for David. He snores so just that separation is great. :lol:
I’ve been popping in and out on PS joining in and reading posts here to keep up...but haven’t had lots of time and remembering everything I read with all the stuff going on at this end is hard lately. We were in Maryland last weekend...Monday was my mom’s annual CT scan to monitor her abdominal aneurysm. I had to get blood work before the scan to make sure her BUN and creatine levels were in the normal range for her to receive the contrast dye. It had to be done at the hospital..Just getting her there is a feat because she refuses a wheelchair, to gf use a walker or a cane..She’s not very steady...so she grabs on me for dear life. I had to drive an hour to get David early before this because I wouldn’t be home for his bus home from work. Anyway...I get her in there and we’re waiting. They come out and say her blood tests came in and they are not in range..They can’t do the test. My mom goes crazy and starts yelling she is not taking these tests anymore...she had to drink water for nothing...she’ll just let the aneurysm burst..She said she was so inconvenienced...:roll: There was a lady there waiting with her husband to be seen who told my mom to behave herself. The lady said it with humor or I would have had to defend my mom...but because she said it with humor everyone in the room laughed except for my mom. I had to explain what it took ME to get her here. She’s so self-centered...always has been...It’s not the age...but it did get worse.
I know this is long...haha..Yesterday I pack Bailey off to go to the boarding hotel for him...I’m still in my local area starting out. I’m on a main road..everyone is going 40 or so...This person comes shooting out of a subdivision and would have t-boned us had I not swerved my car into the incoming traffic lane and half on the shoulder to avoid him hitting me. The stars were aligned because if there had been a car coming in the opposite direction we would all be dead. As it was..if I didn’t swerve to avoid him hitting me..David would have received the most impact and likely would have been dead. I was pretty shaken but David was smiling at me in the rear view mirror excited about the trip to NJ..so I had to pull myself together.
It was raining when we got on the highway and the dopey gps got us in the turnpike in the trucks, buses and car lane...I should have gone the cars only but thought there may be a reason it specifically said to stay right in the truck, buses and car lane. I was the only car for a long time in the middle of huge tractor trailers...in the rain..It was a nightmare ride. Fortunately I think it’s not a rainy day today so will have a nicer ride home. I got to pick up Bailey and head home.
Thank you or letting me get that all out! :roll2: I’m going to hit the reply button before I lose it AGAIN..I’ll be back!

You have been busy @Mamabean and take care of so many people. Great to hear your updates.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:lol: @jaaron, yes, Dottie was an Italian Spinone, most people asked if she was a labradoodle. I wonder if your friend belongs to any of the FB Spin groups? I actually belong to a FB group called ‘No, I’m not an f****** labradoodle’ Flatties have such noble faces, we see the odd one now and then, but they definitely seem to be a rare breed. I love the analogy of them being self-employed. How exciting, will you be getting a puppy? We know we want another Spin, but for now, we have to be patient as we want another rescue, and fortunately, they don’t come up too often.

Thanks @bling_dream19, today wasn’t a good day, but I know we’ll get there, it’s a big adjustment for us, but we’re coping (just!). Enjoy your lie in tomorrow, and have a nice lazy day, you deserve it after a busy week. What good news about your future BIL, hopefully he’ll recover quicker once he’s home.

Woohoo @Tekate, congratulations on the sale of your house, everything crossed it all goes smoothly and you can get on with your new home. So many decisions to be made with finishes, that’s the exciting part. Boo to still having pain, I’d hoped it had all settled down and was a thing of the past. Hopefully, there’ll be no more problems before your appt on the 14th.

Ugh @Mamabean, I’m sorry your mother isn’t more grateful for everything you do for her, especially when you have so much else going on in your life. Talk about juggling many balls at once. OMG what a frightening experience, thank goodness you’re alright. I hope you can have a relaxing weekend.

Glad you got all the electrical issues sorted out yesterday @missy, one less thing to worry about. Great that you were able to catch up with friends and experience a little normality for a short time. What type of frames did you go for? Ollie is certainly getting big, just look at that cute face. I hope the weather cooperated enough for you to be able to ride today. We like going to the cinema in the afternoons, far less people, only old fogeys like us who don’t work :lol:

How was work today @marcy, I’m sure you’re thinking TGIF! ?Hopefully NN didn’t make any more screw ups.

Enjoy your trip to the gallery @AV_ a nice distraction from everything going on in your life.

When we got back from the cinema yesterday, there was a floral arrangement waiting for us from our friends Sue and Rob. It should’ve been lovely, but it was very obvious that the florist (which is a huge garden centre near us) had used flowers that were just about on their last legs. I rang Sue to thank her, but of course didn’t say anything, other than how kind and thoughtful it was of them to send them. This morning, Colin suggested we take them back, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was the right thing to do. When we went, I put them on the counter and told them that these were not fresh flowers and were unacceptable. I hate to think of them taking advantage, I know they would’ve been very expensive, and they rely on people not telling the sender that their kindness has been abused. They agreed to replace the arrangement, so we waited while they did it. The difference is night and day, I doubt the other arrangement would’ve lasted the weekend.

From there we went to see Tom (Dottie’s sitter) because we had just bought a new pot of Plaque Off, used it for 1 or 2 days, so had asked him if he’d like it for their pup. He said yes he would, so we said we’d drop it off. When we got there, he and his wife invited us in, I think they wanted to talk about Dottie as much as we did. They were both very upset and shocked, they had looked after her the day before the first vet visit and said she’d seemed absolutely fine. We told them if they ever needed Joey looking after, ask us and if we were around, we’d do it.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day, and looking forward to the weekend.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness @Mamabean thank goodness you are OK and weren't in an accident. People are so careless and involved in their phones and I am sure that is the cause of many accidents. Glad the appt went well with David's psychiatrist but sorry about your mom and how that appt went down. It isn't easy. Nope. Not at all. You are taking care of everyone dear Joanne. You are an amazing mom and daughter and wife. I hope your visit with Chris tomorrow goes really well. (((HUGS))).

@AV_ I love the diversity of the world and would never want just to have NYC. You live in a gorgeous place. Amazing. I hope tomorrow's show knocks your socks off. XO.

@jaaron no worries. No need to keep up. We are happy to see you when you are here. I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome baby. Devastating is an understatement I know. :cry2:

@Austina haha Greg and I used to always go in the afternoon too when we went to the movies. Avoided crowds and we are early people anyway. Or at least are now. LOL. I go for cat eye glasses and rectangular frames too. I like a variety and for sunglasses I get big. I only get SV Distance glasses and remove for reading @Mamabean but could use bifocals too. How nice of Rob and Sue to send flowers and glad the floral place is making it right since they were less than stellar flowers. Glad you said something to the floral place. I know many people are missing Dottie.

@bling_dream19 it's a good way to be. Full of energy and enthusiasm and hope. You embody all that. And I think you are still carefree but perhaps a bit more cautious which is OK. As we get older we realize we are not invincible but we still want to enjoy each day to the fullest. Glad you are looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. Today is not warm by us but glad it is by you. We are having a lovely autumn crisp cool windy day. It's gorgeous but cool. Very cool.:sun:
Wonderful news about your future BIL! Yay!!!

Just got back from a good ride and I am soaking in the tub. Received some unpleasant blood work results from my endocrinologist but trying not to think about it or stress about it for now. I emailed him asking for him to call me if he could this Monday and I hope he will. He can be hard to get on the phone but I do need to talk with him.

Have a wonderful afternoon lovely ladies. XO.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 3.01.15 PM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Hi Callie, I just read that your aunt died, I am so sorry. I hope everyone is coping and doing okay.. so sorry Callie.. and Callie, thank you so much for your wonderful words, you always make me feel happy inside, I suppose that sounds stupid or childish, but I value my friends and you are one of them for sure and I appreciate you thinking about me..

@Austina I wish that our pets didn't have such short life spans, but I can say this: As long as I have known you - Dottie was loved, loved completely and fiercely and you can be so proud of that, life with a furkid is a gazillion times ++ than without one and Dottie was loved.. I am so sorry, I know this feeling of loss keenly.. sending dust for your heart Austina.. sorry about the flowers, I know I would want you to take them back, flowers are not inexpensive.. great friends you have there Austina. xoxo

@marcy I have a husband who stepped on my laptop! I suppose it's a real business for Apple and the others, step right up and get yourself a new laptop or tablet! ;-) must read more about your new phone, I'm trying to reply from earlier posts, i'd love a new phone but mine works fine, dang! NN needs to go I sometimes think, then I think at times we help along those employees that are learning, and we need a mix of humanity at work.. I admire you! Nice pix with your new phone camera!!

@Mamabean Hi Joanne you have been quite busy, avoiding a death experience in a car is a soberng experience, happened to me just once, I am so so happy you were wise and cut out of the lane and more happy no one was in incoming! sending you love Joanne, hope your whole family is doing well.. xoxoxo

@missy double hit for you! I hate bloodwork - one little thing can throw it all off, I hope it improves Missy, please take care of yourself.. xoxoxoxoxo ad infinitum..

@missy Aw my marvelous, magnificent, kind and thoughtful Missy, thank you.. thank you for staying in touch on Insta :) everyone who saw my few pixs on instagram THANK YOU for caring and being my friend. I am INDEED lucky to have you guys in my life and you especially Missy, here is an older lady from Maine! and you and Greg came out to meet me, LUCKY me.. ((MISSY)) ((GREG)) thank you Missy so much. I have to read more of your posts, BUT the ice cream pix looks delicious!!! as always!

@jaaron I understand it IS hard to keep up! been off more than on this past week - I know one does not know the utter devastation when your furbaby dies, I hear you.. so sorry..

@junebug17 I love reading about your DS June, I also think you have such a great relationship with your kids, it's hard to do at times, Mike and I had a humdinger after the wedding, he can be tough and I had 3 glasses too much wine, but all is fine now, he just wants to ensure I'm confident enough to watch Autumn, I'm not so sure actually with my shoulder and mouth, now the house etc etc a lot to handle.. I am proud of his love for his daughter, Mike is a real loving Dad and husband. Hope you are well dear June..

@canuk-gal snow already? I know in Maine tonight it's going down to 30F but here in Austin maybe 60F.. trade-offs but I already miss fall air and winter.. oh well, Austin is a better fit for my life as I'm aging and Autumn? she makes it all worthwhile. xo

@Slick1 have a great and wonderful time at the wedding! congratulations.

@bling_dream19 Hello! and I hope all is well with you, you sound so happy and nice, glad you are here.... one cannot help but return to the NIRDIs I know! xoxo

off for now, I started this 8 hrs ago! watched Autie all day with John, she is a sweetie, and Teething! eek!..

love you guys.

Kate

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening girlfriends and boyfriends if there are any! :lol-2:
David and I are back in Pa...I ran out and had ice cream with David after reading and seeing all your ice cream @missy...I splurged and had pecans and hot fudge syrup over vanilla...It sounds boring but that’s my favorite. David had Chocolate brownie flavored ice cream with sprinkles and m&m’s..After my car mishap I thought we should treat ourselves. I also did food shopping..and now making dinner..:sleep:
@junebug17 My heart hurts that you miss your Zoe...I cried literally every day for two years...It started to space out where I didn’t cry my heart out..but it never goes away..just dulls a little...Having Bailey did help me because he had roundworm and mange...and I had to get him well. He also needed to be potty trained...I was getting up with him during the night just like a newborn baby..I think it made us bond stronger because he needed me. I hope you will be able to open your heart and home for another kitty that needs you.
I’m glad your dentist appointment went well. I’m supposed to go every four months but I hate to go so keep stretching it out.
That’s great you can wear contacts...I just can’t do it...I couldn’t get it in my eye..and the doctor tried but I just couldn’t tolerate it. Then I wound up with a eye infection after that. I think I will need to get the bifocals...:(2
@AV_ Did you get to go to the galleries? I used to go to the ones in DC when Scott lived there when he was single. I would go to them during the day while he was at work.
I forgot to mention I really enjoyed you saying a bunch of pages back how you ate a large market tomato on the sidewalk because you didn’t have one for a long time. I eat beefsteak tomatoes like an apple..and sprinkle salt after a bite. They have to be fresh though....and not supermarket tomatoes.
@jaaron I’m so sorry about you losing your sweet boy...He was very handsome...:(2 I’m sorry your other dog is also having a hard time missing him..
@Tekate Autie is so cute! I love seeing her growing through the photos. That dress and hair bow are precious! Mike looks like a great dad. Scott is too. My husband loves them but probably changed three diapers between my three children..;-)
I hope the dentist in Austin helps you..It’s such a long wait though when you have pain..
@marcy Your photos are so good! That’s wonderful you took the day off. You need a break from Groucho. How does she still have her job with that many mistakes?
I love your ring..it’s so pretty...What is the stone?
@bling_dream19 Do you live permanently at the shore or is it a second home? Your photos are beautiful..
I know you are trying to make decisions about your wedding..The beach sounds like a magical place to have it!
Hubby is home and David will go to bed soon...so have a great Friday evening..I’m going to watch some shows in my pj’s. We are such wild and crazy people..Nope...We’re boring and we like that! :kiss2:

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhm ... I'd die of old age reading this thread's 18,000 posts. :knockout:
Cliff Notes, please?

Thanks.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I have to hustle and get at least one post in before PS shuts down on Sunday night LOL.

@missy, love the pics of your outing with your friends, their dog is so sweet :love: I'm happy he's doing well. I hope the kitties' loss of appetite is temporary and they improve soon. They all look so cute in the pics. Wow, amazing pic of the sky, those shades of blue are just gorgeous. I hope you don't have a pregnant feral and hopefully Ann can help you out with the TNR...it's very understandable that you just couldn't get to it with all you've had going on this summer. Sorry about the bad results and I hope you can talk to your doctor about it soon.

@canuk-gal, thank you for the recs, I'll definitely check them out! I hope your weather has warmed up a little.

@Austina, I'm so sorry your cruise was cancelled, that is just so disappointing. The new trip sounds wonderful though, and I'm sure you will have a lovely time. I'm glad you are comforted by having Dottie's ashes with you and I am sending lots of love and hugs to you. I can only imagine how sad Tom was after hearing the news, I'm sure he cared for Dottie very much. It's good you brought the flowers back; that shop should know about a mistake like that. It was so sweet of your friends to send you flowers.

@marcy, love your new phone pics! Such great quality, and so clear and crisp. The picture of your ring is fantastic; it looks so professional. Such beautiful scenery too. "Faux fur babies"...that is actually really good, love it! Nice you had a day off this week and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@kenny, LOL! The Cliff notes would still probably be as long as War and Peace...just start a few pages back, that will be much easier. And jump in whenever you want!

@Calliecake, I do like to bake but I'm not very good at it so any recipe I make has to be pretty simple. You have to do things exactly right in baking or it all goes downhill very quickly. I also don't bake that often because I end up eating whatever I make! I do like to bake around the holidays.

Nice you got together with friends for lunch, and looking at baby clothes with your niece sounds like fun. I am really sorry to hear about the family issues, I know it takes a toll on everyone when something serious is going on. Sending support and good thoughts to you and your family. XXX

@AV_, it's wonderful that you love where you live so much you forgot about the beach...but a trip at some point would be nice! Your cakes sound so delicious. LOL to the village drunk! I hope you were able to make progress on your work.

@Mamabean, I know it's hard to see our children struggle with serious issues and it takes such a toll on us, that's for sure...it is very hard to follow the advice you've been given, our natural instinct is to protect and help our children. I am sorry you are dealing with this heartache. And I'm sorry you had such a stressful time at the doctor's with your mother. Thank goodness you weren't in an accident, you must have been absolutely terrified. You have had a very rough week and I hope you can find some time to relax a little this weekend. You are a wonderful caregiver and do so much for others, but I really hope you take a little time for yourself too.

@jaaron, I am so very sorry about the loss of your precious boy, I know it is just heartbreaking and so painful. What a beautiful dog he was. My heart goes out to you and I wish you peace and comfort. XOXOX. Thank you for your kind words. It's been a terrible time for nirdis and fur babies.:cry2:

@bling_dream19, your weekend plans sound good, it will be nice for you to have some down time after a long week of work. Focusing on the fact that you have options is a great way to look at things...and try not to worry, you are still very young and have a lot of life ahead of you, you can always make a change down the road if you need to.

@Tekate, great news about the offers on the house! I'm glad you had such a good time at the wedding...Autie looks adorable :love: It's so nice you and John are getting to spend time with her. You have a lot going on right now between the house and your health and it's understandable you might not be able to watch Autie as much as planned. Your Mike is a wonderful guy...a great father, great husband...you did good mama, and you must be so proud <3. And yes, it's hard sometimes...I'm still trying to figure out when to say something and when to just keep my mouth shut :???:

Tonight dh and I went to watch ds's band play at a local bar...they sounded really good! It's been fun watching their progress over the years.

Ok, I know I missed some stuff but go easy on me...this thread moves so fast! :P2 I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow XOX

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.

@junebug17 so glad you enjoyed a great evening watching your ds and his band. It really is amazing how wonderful a relationship you have with your two children. Warms my heart. You are a special person Junie and all your family and friends are privileged and lucky to have you on their side and in their life. As are we. Have a lovely day and sending you big hugs.

@Slick1 wishing your entire family much love and happiness on this special day. And sending you lots of hugs and good wishes for a wonderful celebration. XOXO.

@Tekate hope you are having a fun weekend filled with love and family. I adore all the family photos you share girlie. And sending you mega healing dust for that jaw of yours. NO INFECTION command being sent out and sending you big hugs. Kate the very Great and sweet and kind and wonderful. And thank you for your good wishes.

@bling_dream19 hello there. It is freezing by the beach today. How is your weather? I forget if you are heading here or are here or not coming this weekend? It's a Halloween special weekend by the shore. The Zombie Walk in Asbury and the Halloween celebration at Days. It's going to be a crowded weekend here I think. Hope the rest of your workweek went well.

@marcy I hope you are loving your new iPhone and taking lots of photos. How was the rest of your week? And weekend plans?

@AV_ it's cold here today but we are still getting ice cream. :lickout: We are not going to let a little winter stop us. Any ice cream updates from you? Did you get to explore the beach this week? Have fun at the gallery today and hope you enjoy it very much.

@Scandinavian sending you hugs and good thoughts and hoping things are going smoothly.

@canuk-gal it is now winter here. From mid 90s F to mid 40s F. CRAZY. So I am going to wear all the bike layers I can today and brave the weather because we have some cycling to do lol. How is it by you? Any weekend plans to share with us? When we try that recipe I will be reporting back. I am looking forward to having some time to get Greg to bake. Haha poor Greg. His to do list keeps getting bigger but soon cycling will be off that list sad :(( so that will free up some time. Sending you hugs across the miles and lots of love.

@Austina thinking of you and sending more gentle hugs your way. It's been almost 4 months since we lost Francesca and the pain is intense still. We all have our own path with grief and dealing with loss and there is no right or wrong. I always say allow yourself to feel what you are feeling. I am with @Slick1 who offered wise advice in this or another thread I don't remember. There is no time limit on grief. I hope you find another rescue to save when the time is right or rather he/she finds you. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean hope you had a good evening and are resting up after a long week. Good luck with your visit with Chris today. (((Hugs))). And so glad you enjoyed ice cream yesterday. Sounded yummy!

It was a very windy day yesterday but we managed to power through and enjoy. And of course Days got into the mix as well.

daysicecreamoctober2019.png

Everyone is decorating for Halloween including Days who is having a pumpkin painting festival today. Better not affect our ice cream eating though...:whistle: :lol:

As you know we meet many interesting people during our cycling adventures and one of our cycling friends just got a new crazy bike. And he takes his two dogs with him. It's the cutest thing. Ran into him yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 5.35.18 AM.png

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday and don't forget tomorrow is Dog Day Sunday. I am dedicating tomorrow to Dottie and her momma. Sending you all love and @Slick1 we are all thinking of you today and wishing you a joyous wonderful day. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 5.36.56 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cliff Notes, please?

Thanks.

Hi Kenny, this thread is about our mundane, tragic, absurd and joyous adventures.
Otherwise known as our lives.

And anyone is welcome to share whenever they want to.

lifeislikeabike.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Slick1 I don’t think you will have time to check here today...but had to say...Wow.. The big day is here! :appl: I hope this day is as special as you imagine it to be...Hugs and the best love dust sprinkled all over your whole family and friends today. xxxxxxooooo

@canuk-gal I can’t believe you have snow already! My son, David, LOVES snow...and hopes for snow days so he doesn’t have to go to work...I actually like them myself because I can stay in my pajamas when we get snowed in..BUT we usually lose power and we don’t have a generator. We put so much money into this house that my husband doesn’t want to do it because we will be moving in a few years...:roll: We got a quote many years ago for $12...I would hate to think what it would be now.

@missy I hope the kitties do well today...I keep thinking they are turning a corner and will show signs of getting better soon. I’m hoping that’s true...This has been some summer for you all.
@Austina The pic of Dottie on IG just broke my heart. She was such a sweet girl. xxxxoooo
@junebug I found that it hurt even more when it finally set in...I think like you are feeling now. I was miserable just after but it just sunk in one day after months had passed and it was definitely a rough patch...xxxxxxoooo
I think that’s true for you and Greg too @missy...with Francesca’s passing...xxxxoooo
I’m glad to not have to travel too far today. I think I have PTSD from the near bad accident I could have had on Thursday. I drive everywhere all the time..but I was even nervous driving home from NJ yesterday.. I obsessed about watching no one was drifting into my lane. I was so jumpy..with an overstartle reflex. I hope that gets better...
Have a good Saturday friends...:kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness @Mamabean thank goodness you are OK and weren't in an accident. People are so careless and involved in their phones and I am sure that is the cause of many accidents. Glad the appt went well with David's psychiatrist but sorry about your mom and how that appt went down. It isn't easy. Nope. Not at all. You are taking care of everyone dear Joanne. You are an amazing mom and daughter and wife. I hope your visit with Chris tomorrow goes really well. (((HUGS))).

@AV_ I love the diversity of the world and would never want just to have NYC. You live in a gorgeous place. Amazing. I hope tomorrow's show knocks your socks off. XO.

@jaaron no worries. No need to keep up. We are happy to see you when you are here. I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome baby. Devastating is an understatement I know. :cry2:

@Austina haha Greg and I used to always go in the afternoon too when we went to the movies. Avoided crowds and we are early people anyway. Or at least are now. LOL. I go for cat eye glasses and rectangular frames too. I like a variety and for sunglasses I get big. I only get SV Distance glasses and remove for reading @Mamabean but could use bifocals too. How nice of Rob and Sue to send flowers and glad the floral place is making it right since they were less than stellar flowers. Glad you said something to the floral place. I know many people are missing Dottie.

@bling_dream19 it's a good way to be. Full of energy and enthusiasm and hope. You embody all that. And I think you are still carefree but perhaps a bit more cautious which is OK. As we get older we realize we are not invincible but we still want to enjoy each day to the fullest. Glad you are looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. Today is not warm by us but glad it is by you. We are having a lovely autumn crisp cool windy day. It's gorgeous but cool. Very cool.:sun:
Wonderful news about your future BIL! Yay!!!

Just got back from a good ride and I am soaking in the tub. Received some unpleasant blood work results from my endocrinologist but trying not to think about it or stress about it for now. I emailed him asking for him to call me if he could this Monday and I hope he will. He can be hard to get on the phone but I do need to talk with him.

Have a wonderful afternoon lovely ladies. XO.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 3.01.15 PM.png

@missy you're so sweet and wise words. No stress for you just healing and relaxation. I deal with thyroid dysfunction and severe anemia too but I'm healing though need to get bloodwork and check everything soon. Hope your kitties are getting better. My pink sapphire band is here @Mamabean and I will post soon!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I've never read the whole thing. Hangout and post, I consider Missy our wheel and we are all spokes, altho she may disagree. Welcome and hang.

Cliff Notes, please?

Thanks.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! I've never read the whole thing. Hangout and post, I consider Missy our wheel and we are all spokes, altho she may disagree. Welcome and hang.
I agree @Tekate! @kenny I will comment on things four or five pages back that I missed...:lol:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy you're so sweet and wise words. No stress for you just healing and relaxation. I deal with thyroid dysfunction and severe anemia too but I'm healing though need to get bloodwork and check everything soon. Hope your kitties are getting better. My pink sapphire band is here @Mamabean and I will post soon!!!
@bling_dream19 Do you love it? I want to see it on your finger! I also have an aquamarine one from her.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m getting my full bloodwork on Monday. Was it your thyroid that’s still not in range? Mine wasn’t either three months ago..I’m on a higher dose of Levothyroxine the last three months so I’m hoping it’s closer to normal this time. I think I’m more worried about my platelets. They were below normal last time. I’m usually hovering near low-normal...Last time they took a dive below normal.... I’m trying to figure it out..cutting out certain things to see if it makes a difference. I hope yours wasn’t too bad. I usually go in and out if normal in other stuff too...Do you know if I should take my Thyroid medicine in the morning? I’m fasting but need to take my blood pressure medicine...I’m not sure about the Thyroid med. I think I didn’t take it last time...and took it after the test but I can’t remember..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else getting ads in between posts? I only have it happen on my phone...I mention something on here and it shows up in an ad in my feed.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 glad you had a great time with your DS and his band.. must be really great to see your son play, when my son's yak about coding I always think, thank God they aren't fighting anymore ;-) hope you are June :)

@missy Bubbalah, Missy I have never been a halo fan but for Bubbalah, truly don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful stone. Just a stone that glows.. you deserve it. What a crazy bike! guys looks happy as a bug in a rug! Hope all went will with the kids today. sending hugs and healing dust to you, Greg and furkids.. Autie and Mike came down to our friends house today to give Cara some quiet, sleeping time that she hasn't had in a while, we had a great pix, I'll post a pix at the bottom.. hugs to you sweetie!! xoxoxo Oh and your pix was wonderful!

@Mamabean I think it's totally normal to feel stressed driving after something like what happened to you Joanne, I one time did 3 360's in slush and after the 2nd one I put my head down - thought I was going to go into a pole, didn't but I had much stress driving for a while after that AND I never sped again in snow, slush or rain.. be nice to yourself, you deserve it. I like you wish @Slick1 the happiest of days today and hope she puts up a pix or 2 for us to see her gorgeous dress and her happiness! @Mamabean we put a generator in last winter and it was 9K when it was all said and done (of which we are not getting a penny back on but such is life).. we have never had to use it. We have sold the house for 13K more than we bought it for and conservatively we had put in 60K :) but I have enjoyed my house and wish we could have kept it and had a house here in Austin but we couldn't. I hope the guys who bought it (okay no inspection yet etc but they put money down and are pre-approved for a mortgage) are as happy there, they are newly weds and in their 40s and 50s so the house is perfect for them I think. Hope it all goes through. (they want our washer and dryer, I found that odd, but so did the first offer that came in, I dunno, my washer and dryer are 7 years old) we both didn't want to move it anyway because they are heavy. sending you love.

@bling_dream19 Hey I'm so sorry to read you suffer from anemia.. when I was young I did but as I aged it abated, hope your thyroid is well taken care of. xoxo

@Calliecake Hi Callie! our politics are so awry right now I'm scared silly.. hope you are feeling well and all is well. xoxo

@Scandinavian How's your mom, your family and everything? hope you are all doing wonderful Scandi... xo

@marcy sending crisp fall nites and warm days your way I hope! xoxo

@canuk-gal Hope the snow has melted and more normal temps are in your area now Sharon! xoxo

My jaw sucks, my appt is 10/14 and that is it, I take my doxy faithfully once things calm down for Slick I'm going to have a conversation with her on all that went down with her, it's been hell for her.

Spent the day with Autie and Mike, Cara was resting and we had a great time.. Autie is starting daycare this Wed so I won't be needed to sit a bit sad about it but betwee my jaw and my shoulder and moving, closing, packing I'm read to get back up to Maine.

Here is Autie and Nanny in the pool today.

poolautie.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't read PS on my phone so I don't get ads as I have many blockers, and I've spent enough money with vendors I think I should be immunized against ads here personally :)

Is anyone else getting ads in between posts? I only have it happen on my phone...I mention something on here and it shows up in an ad in my feed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't read PS on my phone so I don't get ads as I have many blockers, and I've spent enough money with vendors I think I should be immunized against ads here personally :)
:lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Mamabean, I have a feeling you might not be logged in on your phone...it's been happening to me and I have to log on every time on my phone even when I'm logged in on my ipad. Once I log in on my phone the ads disappear.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, I have a feeling you might not be logged in on your phone...it's been happening to me and I have to log on every time on my phone even when I'm logged in on my ipad. Once I log in on my phone the ads disappear.
@junebug17 I just noticed that! For whatever reason I have to log in each time on my phone but not on my iPad...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I think if we lose power too many times this winter I will tell my husband we’re getting one. He’s always on a business trip when it happens...I worry more about my mom because she’s so old. One time a big snow storm was coming..and I knew we were going to be hit hard and lose power...I packed everyone up and drove to Maryland before it hit. We never lose power there and the house is 114 years old! We have one of those old oil boilers with radiators that was converted to gas at some point. It gives off the best heat. When it goes...it goes...There’s no parts that will fix it...I’m veering off topic but for whatever reason we never lose electricity there...
I always leave my washing machine and dryer if they want it and start off fresh or I get a pair with the house. I only replaced the washing machine here because the dryer is still working and matches. I’m boring and always get white. I even buy white cars...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I am sure tired of typing with 9 fingers. Hurry up dermis and fill back in.

Callie, thank you for the compliment on my ring; it is so unlike my usual style but it’s one of my favorites. I am enjoying my new camera er I mean phone. I hate to hear about your aunt, please know I am sending you mega dust and will keep you in my thoughts. How fun to go shopping with your niece.

AV, that is not a bad thing to be know for what coffee you like to order. It’s better than the bartender knowing your regular drink, right?

Missy, i am happy with the pictures from my new phone. It is easy to work; most Apple products work the same. I sent you a text a while ago but I used it a lot today and it has 32% left on the battery after 10 hours of serious use. Usually when my iPhone X would be almost dead when we got home after a day like that. You did have a good riding season; it’s the RW gate crap that is raining - more like pouring - on your parade. I am glad you got to enjoy yourselves each day with a nice ride and some ice cream. Love all of your pictures. We had ice cream today and I did get a picture but we’d already started eating them before I thought of it. Snowflake is cute. Nice you got your electrical taken care of and you caught up with some friends. How exciting to getting new glasses. Hi Oliver! No! Leave our Missy alone; I hope they find a quick fix for you with your blood work.

Austina, I totally get being comforted by have Dottie home with you and Colin. My heart is heavy sad for you both. It sounds like she was a blessing to the both of you and likewise for Dottie. I hope Adam likes his new phone. It would be easy getting used to not working. Glad to hear Colin got your travel arrangements worked out. That’s a relief. NN didn’t make any mistakes on Friday; she was off that day. What a thoughtful gesture by your friends to send flowers. That is pretty tacky the florist did such a poor job with them; I am glad you took them in and had them replaced. No excuse doing something like that.

Kate, how exciting you sold your house already. When Marty’s folks decided to move here after they retired the put their house on the market; came here to look for a house and their realtor called them with an offer 3 days after they got here and the people wanted to close in 3 weeks. They had to fly back to Maryland pronto. Nice that you are meeting with the builder to get your place going down there. The wedding sounds very nice. I hope your jaw gets better; enough of that crap! Love the picture of Autie saying enough. Oh no that John stepped on your laptop; I did some damage over the years to laptops myself. Thank you for the compliments on my photos. The gemstone is a lavender sapphire. I did get 2 days free of NN last week, I had off Wednesday and she had a day off as well. Win win.

Mamabean, I am with you on worrying about bed bugs. My BIL and his wife brought them home from her hospital stay. They had a mess and it took quite a few fumigations to get rid of them. I am so sorry about the awful day you had getting your mom in for tests and then her having a fit. You do a lot for her and I hope deep down she knows it. Wow, that car could have caused a very serious accident for you. I am so glad a car wasn’t coming the other way. What a relief. And what a trip you had getting home. You certainly had a long few days there. Big hugs to you. Sorry to hear what challenges you have with Chris too. Ice cream with David sounds fun and delicious. Yes, you deserved some ice cream after that near death experience. Good luck with your blood test on Monday; tell them you are nervous because you forgot to study. I am getting ads on my iPad Mini but nothing else so far. I hate those stupid popups.

Jaaron, this thread moves fast. I am 2 days behind and know I missed a lot. I am so very sorry about your sweet dog. Big hugs to you.

Bling Dream, thank you. That is a lavender sapphire in rose gold and a ton of little pave diamonds. It’s not the usual style I have for RHR but I wear it a lot. I totally smiled when I read your plans to clean a lot of jewelry with your new US. I do that too; when I got my steam cleaner everything came out for a blast. I like your weekend plans - Chill and Clean. Sounds like my idea of fun. You can’t do anymore than being a good person; everything else falls in place after that.

Hi Kenny! Welcome. We just talk about our days, our lives and bling of course. Jump in anytime.

Junebug, I am enjoying my new camera and the phone is great too. Ha Ha. Thank you about my photos and ring. Agreed the cliff notes would take a long time to read. As the NIRDI’s turn. How fun to go listen to your DS’s band at the bar. That is like a scene from a movie; very cool. I am sure he was thrilled to have you and your DH come listen and support him.

Work has been busy and hectic and I spent most of Friday with my boss and HR and we are gong to attempt to help NN find her way to be a better employee. She is capable of it; let’s hope she rises to the challenge. She won’t be pleased for sure.

Thursday night we went out for dinner and cards at a friend’s house. Friday night Marty had several clients do he brought us dinner when he came home from the gym. I was kind of friend from meetings, planning and paperwork on Friday.

This morning I was having a dream at about 6:30 am about finding a place for French toast so I woke up, got dressed and we went out for breakfast. I had a hair appointment at 8 for a trim and I had her cut my bangs shorter; after they dried I should have left them alone. Oops, Oh well, they will grow back. I came home and did my lifting then we went to the mountains to see the fall leaves. They were have 60 mph wind gusts around here so I mostly took pictures through the window. We stopped at Ford on the way in to town and Marty might be getting a new F150 for his birthday Monday. His current F150 is 4 years old and he wanted a red one when he bought it. For the last 2 years he has driven through their lot looking for a red one but in a higher end model; he said no sense upgrading just to get a red pickup. Today a salesman caught him and talked him in to driving a white limited edition F150. They were pushing him hard to buy it. I finally said no - if you buy a new pickup you are getting the one you want including color you want. So they searched for that model in the red he likes and found one. I am leaving it up to him if he wants to buy it. We found the pickup in Colorado about 60 miles from here so we are going to go look at it tomorrow. We will see what happens.

Take care.
Marcy
upload_2019-10-5_19-52-3.png
upload_2019-10-5_19-52-24.png
upload_2019-10-5_19-53-0.png
upload_2019-10-5_19-54-0.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course a photo of a frequently observed wildlife around here.
upload_2019-10-5_19-56-17.png

And our ice cream which we'd already been enjoying when I remembered to take a picture. Marty had mint and chocolate with almonds and chocolate chips mixed in. I had cake batter and chocolate.

upload_2019-10-5_19-57-22.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results