shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joanne! I grew up on the old oil burners, my brothers and I would sit on the radiators, such a happy time for me... Thanks for the info on how you leave washing machines and dryers! appreciate it mucho girl... you are not boring Joanne, I find you to be a good, kind, wonderful, thoughtful, stellar mom, and a good friend and living a busy life, truth? I feel lucky to have crossed your path in life.. we both know that money is a good thing, but money doesn't make things, just love does... (((Joanne))) again, thanks for your thoughts, lucky me!!

Kate

@Tekate I think if we lose power too many times this winter I will tell my husband we’re getting one. He’s always on a business trip when it happens...I worry more about my mom because she’s so old. One time a big snow storm was coming..and I knew we were going to be hit hard and lose power...I packed everyone up and drove to Maryland before it hit. We never lose power there and the house is 114 years old! We have one of those old oil boilers with radiators that was converted to gas at some point. It gives off the best heat. When it goes...it goes...There’s no parts that will fix it...I’m veering off topic but for whatever reason we never lose electricity there...
I always leave my washing machine and dryer if they want it and start off fresh or I get a pair with the house. I only replaced the washing machine here because the dryer is still working and matches. I’m boring and always get white. I even buy white cars...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy thanks Marcy! you sound great, trying to get back into the groove here.. xo NN is a bitch and having 2 of them in my management career I say to you, just do what you can :) you sound very much in control and I admire that.. I so hated mistakes and - in the interest of my time - would fix her crap.. :) your new camera/phone sounds great! Get the new F150! and come to visit me in Texas girl... the most popular selling vehicle in TX is the Ford F150! I'm not kidding once I get here come on down! and can I just say: your wildlife pix are wonderful :) and your ice cream? DELICIOUS! we only live once we know of Marcy, sounds like a great red F150 is a great choice.

xoxo Kate

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 Do you love it? I want to see it on your finger! I also have an aquamarine one from her.
20191005_153618.jpg 20191005_153632.jpg 20191005_154839.jpg

Here they are @Mamabean! What do you think? I have 2 smtb to post tomorrow bc I got my cluster earrings too!!! I love the band but we found some wonkiness. Is yours perfect all the way around? Mine has a little thinness in 1 spot. I love the pink and I'm very excited for my first eternity! Ok me want to see your aquamarine mamabean!:geek2::D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely people. It's big and small dog Sunday. Another crisp cold autumn day at the Jersey shore but a bit warmer than yesterday I think.
This thread is moving even too fast for me lol. Apologies in advance if I miss anything.

@Mamabean do not take your thyroid meds tomorrow before the blood test. You can take it tonight and then nothing until after your bloodwork. We should leave between 12-17 hours of no thyroid meds when we are having blood work to evaluate it. I hope you are feeling better and I hope things are improving for you on that front. My doctor is having problems getting my thyroid under control. I am too low still and now I am very anemic both with B vitamins and iron and my ferritin is now too high which indicates inflammation. I have a genetic mutation which is not allowing me to absorb the vitamins and meds I am taking and instead it just pools. So the numbers show I have high iron now as I have been supplementing but it is all bound as indicated by the TIBC so I am not able to use it and am very anemic as a result. And nothing I do is working. And I am also taking B vitamins and I consistently show too much B but again I am not able to use it so it's useless. It's so complicated I get a headache when I think about it. Thanks for asking and good luck on your doctor's visit tomorrow. Again take your meds the night before (tonight) and skip them until after your blood work tomorrow. If your appt is not more than 17 hours and not less than 12 hours after you take the thyroid meds. Make sure he takes your free T3 and free T4 and your iron profile. Not just iron. You need Ferritin, % sat, TIBC and iron. And you also need the TPO and TgAB to rule out or in Hashimoto's.

labworktiming.jpg

labtests.jpg

Let me know if I can be of any other help Joanne. Sending you lots of good wishes and luck for tomorrow and for getting everything well controlled.
Thank you for all your kind and warm thoughts Joanne. Much appreciated.

I am not getting pop ups yet. I think you need to be logged in and they won't show. I keep logged on all the time but I am lazy that way.:cheeky:
I am so sorry you have PTSD from the almost accident you had the other day. I feel you. As @Tekate wrote I have PTSD too from the whole RW gate and I have it from other issues too. I have a big list. :P2 #funny/notfunny
Sending you hugs and love and hope your Sunday is a good one. #FundaySunday

Speaking of fun and good days @Slick1 Congrats! Hope the wedding was amazing and spectacular and everything the couple and parents hoped it would be and the main thing is your son is married to the love of his life and vice versa. Mazel Tov! And now, of course, photos pretty please.:kiss:

@Tekate you are always so kind and generous with your compliments. Thank you. I love love love the latest Autie photos with her grandma Kate the very great. :kiss2: Thank you for you for enjoying Bubbalah. I am leaning towards resetting her in a solitaire because at heart I am a soli girl but we will see. With RW gate continuing I am doing nothing with bling at the moment. No time nor energy or anything left. I am and Greg is drained. I have never seen him so tired. I am worried about him but not sure how to fix this. G-d forbid something happens to him game over. That is something I cannot even bear to think about. But in the past few weeks he has been looking worn out and tired and yes old. I am very concerned. When I bring it up he shrugs it off.sad :(( Just need to get through RW gate and then take care of him and me health wise. Thanks for listening. You are such an easy shoulder to lean on sweet and great and wise Kate.

How is your jaw feeling? Oct 14th will be here soon. I am keeping good thoughts for you always. I am just a spoke in the wheel Kate as all of us are here. But my spoke is the noisiest and tends to break a lot. :oops2: :P2 That is all. Thank you for keeping us company! This thread wouldn't be the same without you sweet girlie.:kiss2:

@bling_dream19 wowza:kiss2: LOVE your pink sapphire band. So pretty.:appl:Cannot wait to see your new cluster earrings too.:appl:
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and sending your future BIL continued healing dust. Hoping he is doing well.
I cannot believe we have the same issues re anemia and thyroid. Weird right? Do you have Hashimoto's too? It seems many PSers do. Not uncommon though not getting it under control is not common but that is the story of my life. These issues are never easily resolved for me. I hope you are having an easier time of it. My issue are my genetic mutations. Did you ever do a DNA test ?

@marcy I am glad you guys are helping NN. She needs it and is lucky she has you on her side. She is that way for a reason and maybe just maybe you can get to her and improve her disposition and life. Your photos are amazing. And that ice cream. Yummmmmmm. Speaking of ice cream I had to have a large at Days yesterday and OMG it was so large. LOL and what a greedy girl I am :lickout: :lol: and it was freezing out too. I ate the whole thing but truth be told halfway into it I was ready to call it quits but this girl isn't a quitter. :lol: So I ate the whole thing and froze what is left of my tushy off and then we had 20 miles to head back into the wind. What can I say? Stubborn runs in my family.

I love short bangs (you might or might not recall) and always went too short when I had them. Every single time. Tuey would cut them just right but I would go home and a few days later decide they were too long and cut them way too short. What can I say? I love short bangs. They're funky and I bet they look great on you. Wow nice potential birthday gift for Marty. Sweet. Red is one of my fave colors for a car especially a truck. Yum to making your French toast dreams come true. Hugs.

@canuk-gal good morning. How are you and how is your weekend going? Our temps were in the forties and hit mid 50s yesterday but with the cool east ocean wind it was colder than that. And of course we bundled up lots and still I was cold cycling. Our bike riding days this year are numbered for sure. Oh well. Do you have lots of snow still on the ground or is it (I hope) melting and your weather perhaps (pretty please) warming up? Sending you warm hugs.

@Scandinavian (((hugs))) and healing dust continuing to be sent your and your mom's way. XO.

@AV_ how was the exhibit? Did you enjoy? Any ice cream to share with us? ;-)

@Austina I am dedicating today to you and Colin and Dottie. Keeping you in my thoughts and I know in my heart Dottie is with Zoe and Francesca playing and enjoying themselves at Rainbow Bridge. They are never truly gone. They live on in our hearts and minds. I think of Frankie all the time still. Hoping you are enjoying the weekend and doing OK. (((Hugs))).

We cycled despite the chilly day yesterday and also enjoyed the Zombie walk in Asbury park and the pumpkin festival in Ocean Grove. It was a busy and crips autumn day. Sweet.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.04.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.04.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.04.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.04.42 AM.png

and we saw a family of deer as we were cycling back yesterday. :love: I always worry about them being in the middle of a busy neighborhood and it upsets me that we have taken over their land.:cry2: But it is what it is and I pray they will be safe and OK. The baby tripped as she/he was running to the momma. So sweet they are.:kiss2:

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.04.55 AM.png

Leaving you with our 2 LARGE ice creams. Greg has been getting the large ice cream from Days for a few weeks now. Yesterday was the first time I got a large. It was too large for me but being the glutton I am I finished it. I won't lie. I could have stopped halfway and been satiated. But I learned not to let food go to waste so yeah I shoveled it in. :wink2: #stubbornglutton
Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.05.10 AM.png

I don't want to lose this post so going to hit send but I have some beautiful beach photos to share from yesterday too. Have a wonderful happy Dog Day Sunday lovely ladies (and gentlemen if any are reading).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I wrote above it was a crisp cool autumn day. About 10 degrees below normal for this time of year. First we are hot and then we are cold. LOL. Anyway here are some photos of the beach from yesterday.

@junebug17 I hope you are enjoying a gorgeous fall weekend and sending you warm hugs.

@Mamabean can you find the bike and Greg?

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.05.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.05.19 AM.png

Have a beautiful day all.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Yesterday did 'knock my socks off' as you put it. It wasn't the art - although that was nice enough, as expected [this www then a late lunch through some rather great tapas places & then a gallery opening - perhaps the same kind of city dwelling timetable you had in W @Mamabean; the Bab al Sharia is also a reading room where I take my work sometime, so perhaps next week - it is one of the most beautiful homes I have seen anywhere, just a pleasure! Pictures due.] - entirely unexpected were good news from work [ @junebug17 - your were thinking of it before I got the news!] of the kind if always need: I am not half way through the current grant & there comes the next [story of my life; how does this even work!] No icecream to report, there was no room; I can handle about three tapas in a row, so just enough space for the ridiculously great local ham & ancient cheese & pickled olives & fried almonds & cured fish ,) Tomorrow is another day, of course.

@Tekate I dare hope that stars will align for you to enjoy Autie's first years; I grew up that way, so I am bloody biased.

@marcy I miss those autumn colours, if anything ,(

-

Can you tell I never take my so called 'mobile' phone anywhere? (no pictures...)

Have a great Sunday, all who are reading!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I wrote above it was a crisp cool autumn day. About 10 degrees below normal for this time of year. First we are hot and then we are cold. LOL. Anyway here are some photos of the beach from yesterday.

@junebug17 I hope you are enjoying a gorgeous fall weekend and sending you warm hugs.

@Mamabean can you find the bike and Greg?

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.05.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.05.19 AM.png

Have a beautiful day all.
Hahahahaha! Yes I can! It’s a beautiful day today..a bit cloudy...but better than hot sun or rain in my book!
Omg @missy I didn’t read your post yet and saw that man in the jeans with that scary mask...It looked like a scene from a horror movie...
I have long bangs past my eyebrows because they’re sparse and I have a permanent crease in between my eyes. If I was a brave person I would think about getting it fixed but I don’t like chemicals..and with my luck I would wind up blind. Long bangs solves my problem..but they’re getting sparse..I can’t win...I’ve been through so many short bangs from cutting them when they’re wet. They would dry and shoot up past my lovely eyebrows! I hated the period waiting for them to grow in again. I don’t let anyone cut them but me now.
Yes @AV_ I would love to see pictures of the reading room...really any pics of your area would be great...I carry my cell phone everywhere and would feel like I lost an appendage if I didn’t have it. I love to go for tapas...I would rather have appetizers of different foods than one dish. My friends live in an area that has a great restaurant that has the best. We all order a few and we all share. Yum...
@missy Thank you for all the info on blood work. I know she already ordered it so don’t know what’s in it and it’s too late to change now..There’s a lab in Delaware that you can go in and then will test anything you want and you just pay for it yourself out of insurance. They set up a portal and you get your own results. My brother in law does it all the time to check his PSA..so I will do the same...I don’t have a thyroid anymore...It was destroyed with radioactive iodine...I had Graves’ disease..and tumors in the gland. They tried to extract cells but they couldn’t retrieve them for a sample so they destroyed the whole gland.

20191005_153618.jpg 20191005_153632.jpg 20191005_154839.jpg

Here they are @Mamabean! What do you think? I have 2 smtb to post tomorrow bc I got my cluster earrings too!!! I love the band but we found some wonkiness. Is yours perfect all the way around? Mine has a little thinness in 1 spot. I love the pink and I'm very excited for my first eternity! Ok me want to see your aquamarine mamabean!:geek2::D
I love it on you @bling_dream19 Mine are perfect. If you contact her I’m sure she will fix it for you. She’s very nice...I’ll post a pic later of the aquamarine..I’ll wear it today..I can’t wait to see your cluster earrings!

I don’t know how I got two replies in one! I’m pretty excited because I’ve been trying to do that forever! I think I didn’t finish one post and then started a reply to another!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to update on my visit with Chris yesterday. It went really well. He looks so much better. He gained ten pounds..and he didn’t like that...but he really needed to..I didn’t say a word...He really likes the place where he is..The campus is large with beautiful trees and places to reflect. I’m leaving it in his hands because I truly can’t be in the middle anymore...It was good to see him..

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to update on my visit with Chris yesterday. It went really well. He looks so much better. He gained ten pounds..and he didn’t like that...but he really needed to..I didn’t say a word...He really likes the place where he is..The campus is large with beautiful trees and places to reflect. I’m leaving it in his hands because I truly can’t be in the middle anymore...It was good to see him..

That is great news @Mamabean very happy for you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hahahahaha! Yes I can! It’s a beautiful day today..a bit cloudy...but better than hot sun or rain in my book!
Omg @missy I didn’t read your post yet and saw that man in the jeans with that scary mask...It looked like a scene from a horror movie...
I have long bangs past my eyebrows because they’re sparse and I have a permanent crease in between my eyes. If I was a brave person I would think about getting it fixed but I don’t like chemicals..and with my luck I would wind up blind. Long bangs solves my problem..but they’re getting sparse..I can’t win...I’ve been through so many short bangs from cutting them when they’re wet. They would dry and shoot up past my lovely eyebrows! I hated the period waiting for them to grow in again. I don’t let anyone cut them but me now.
Yes @AV_ I would love to see pictures of the reading room...really any pics of your area would be great...I carry my cell phone everywhere and would feel like I lost an appendage if I didn’t have it. I love to go for tapas...I would rather have appetizers of different foods than one dish. My friends live in an area that has a great restaurant that has the best. We all order a few and we all share. Yum...
@missy Thank you for all the info on blood work. I know she already ordered it so don’t know what’s in it and it’s too late to change now..There’s a lab in Delaware that you can go in and then will test anything you want and you just pay for it yourself out of insurance. They set up a portal and you get your own results. My brother in law does it all the time to check his PSA..so I will do the same...I don’t have a thyroid anymore...It was destroyed with radioactive iodine...I had Graves’ disease..and tumors in the gland. They tried to extract cells but they couldn’t retrieve them for a sample so they destroyed the whole gland.

I love it on you @bling_dream19 Mine are perfect. If you contact her I’m sure she will fix it for you. She’s very nice...I’ll post a pic later of the aquamarine..I’ll wear it today..I can’t wait to see your cluster earrings!

I don’t know how I got two replies in one! I’m pretty excited because I’ve been trying to do that forever! I think I didn’t finish one post and then started a reply to another!

YES! @Mamabean me need to see your mermaid stack! My FI have as already talked how these bands could get out of control lol, he wants an emerald one, I want the aquamarine one, the ruby one. They are so pretty and fun to stack!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news MB, best mom ever. I hear you and I understand what you are going through. Keep on keeping on, I believe the time is right for him to see his world in a new way. xoxoxo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good news MB, best mom ever. I hear you and I understand what you are going through. Keep on keeping on, I believe the time is right for him to see his world in a new way. xoxoxo
Thank you @Tekate He always has good intentions..and I’ve always been there in the thick to help him...but he’s a grown man and I’m tired...He knows I support him but I can’t be in the center of it all anymore. He has to figure out a way to help himself...He depended on me too much and I was enabling. :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Bright and sunny a little windy and 16C. Most of the snow is gone....but I hear the white stuff will return on Wed. :eek2: Lets hope the predictions are wrong!

@Tekate your pool picture was great! Autumn is adorable!
@missy your pictures are always lovely. LOL Zombies!
@marcy I enjoyed your nature pictures as well.

I have a busy week--working then we go "home" for Thanksgiving on the weekend. Looking forward to visiting and eating!! I need elastic waist pants!:P2

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love it soo pretty on you! Thanks mamabean! Your hands are beautiful.
Haha..Thank you for being so kind about my hands. I inherited them from my mom...They always looked 20 years older than me..:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Mamabean I was sorry to hear of your driving experience: that was scary. Glad you are safe! You've got a full plate--strength vibes across the miles!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you for the kind words about my pictures.

Kate, I have always heard the oil burners provide great heat. One of the older buildings where I went to college had steam heaters and I loved those rooms; I was always toasty warm in there. It’s nice you understand my employee dilemmas, I try every method I can think of to get them to learn, grow, expand but it’s like talking to a brick wall. I’ve also done the same thing - fix their crap because it’s just easier at that time. So far, I’m not seeing the desired results. Hopefully this will make a difference. I think Marty is leaning towards getting the truck. I think he wants me to say go ahead but I pointed out you left the Porsche completely up to me so now I’m returning the favor. I think the F150 is the best selling pickup for many years running; you do see them everywhere. I got a picture of it today.

Bling Dream, I love your sapphire band. It’s gorgeous. And you can’t have enough variety in bands.

Missy, sorry to hear your test results show your body not absorbing the things it needs; I hope they get it straightened out for you soon. I can see why both you and Greg would be tired and worn out. I have been very concerned about both of your mental and physical wellbeing; the cleaning, the stress, giving meds and baths is a lot to handle. Please, please, please go away RW!
I feel bad for NN; she has had a very rough life - but all of us have our share of that; it’s how we choose to handle it and rise above it. She is bitter and angry at the world; her mom has been dealing with stage 4 cancer and she takes her to the doctor’s and for treatment all the time. I guess her mom freaks out, yells at people, accuses them of things and NN gets so embarrassed about it yet it doesn’t dawn on her that is how she acts. On the flip side her daughter gets in trouble for being mouthy and bullying people at school and again she doesn’t see herself in that. I wish that lightbulb would go off for her.
Of course you aren’t a quitter; it’s important to finish our ice cream. I mentioned to Marty it was kind of chilly yesterday to be eating ice cream but we aren’t quitters either. Ha!
Too funny about going home and shortening your own bangs; I used to do that too but they were never very straight. Short bangs grow, right? I kind of swept them to the side today and they look fine.
Great photos and how fun to see the Zombie walk again. I see the bike and Greg; the flag caught my attention right away.

AV, that’s nice to be so busy with grants. I do enjoy the fall colors but sadly it means snow is coming.

Mamabean, glad you are having hot weather; it’s getting chilly here. You are brave to cut your own bangs; I guess we all know I don’t do well with things that cut. I like bangs to cover my forehead but they start to bug me and I push them aside. Go figure. I am thrilled to hear Chris is doing well where he is and you had a pleasant visit with him. Very nice. Love your band; is that aquamarines?

Sharon, your white stuff might be coming our way Thursday. Ready or not; here it comes. I am glad we got out looking at the fall leaves before the snow started. Nice you are going “home” for thanksgiving.

We got up early and headed to Colorado to see the red truck. Marty even stopped on the way out of town to get us a donut. #shocking! The truck is nice and Marty referred to it as “mine” on the way home. He must have decided to get it. We will see. I am leaving it up to him.

We had dinner while we were down there at one of our favorite restaurants. Marty had 2 six ounce filets, asparagus and new potatoes. I went for a cheeseburger. We split a creme brulee for dessert. That is Marty’s birthday dinner.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is the might be Marty's truck
IMG_0131.JPG

And of course one of the Killer Rabbits navigating us with the Rockies in the distance

IMG_0134 2.JPG

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

@Mamabean I was sorry to hear of your driving experience: that was scary. Glad you are safe! You've got a full plate--strength vibes across the miles!

cheers--Sharon
Thank you @canuk-gal I have to admit...That near miss was pretty scary. Fortunately I can’t coddle myself because I drive everyone everywhere...so I’ll get over it quickly...:shifty:

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's late but I just wanted to check in very quickly...

@missy, thank you for your kind words! I saw your update on the RW thread and I'm sorry Fred is still not doing well...it's so hard to tell how a fur baby is really feeling sometimes. And I'm continuing to hope and pray this rw clears up soon, I know it is hard on the kitties and so stressful for you and Greg. XOXOX. Hope you can talk to the doctor tomorrow about your concerns about the test results.

Your friend's bike is really cute, and so are his doggies! Fun pics of the zombie parade and your pics of the ocean and beach are beautiful. The deer are so sweet. :love:

@Mamabean, I'm sorry you're still nervous about driving, it's understandable after what you went through, and I'm hope you're feeling more comfortable very soon. It's encouraging that Chris seems to be doing ok. I'm glad the visit went well and I really hope he can stay on track. Sending you love and peace, I know this has been tough on you. Good luck at your doctor's appointment, I hope things go smoothly.

@Tekate, it's good your boys are getting along better now, makes life easier! Love the pic of you and Autumn, she is such a cutie. :love: And I know you're not feeling 100% but you look great! So nice you were able to spend time with Mike too. Congratulations on having a buyer for the house! I know it is bittersweet but just keep reminding yourself that you'll be seeing so much more of Autie. I can see why you're a little disappointed about not watching her now but you really do have a lot going on.

@marcy, I'm sorry your finger is still out of commission, such an inconvenience and annoyance. I think DS was happy we came by. It's good you made Marty hold out for the truck he really wanted; it's so tempting to settle. It will be interesting to see what he decides. Marty's birthday dinner sounds like it was a nice night out. Your pictures are stunning - I feel like I'm right there! Really beautiful scenery. And LOL to the Wyoming wildlife. Here's hoping NN can start improving at work. I'm sorry to hear about her mother.

AV_, going to the gallery opening and then a late lunch sound like a lovely way to spend the day. Would love to see pictures of the reading room you go to. Sounds like you will be busier than ever with another grant, but hopefully it will be a good kind of busy!

@bling_dream19, your new sapphire band is beautiful!:love: I love the color and it really works so well with your other rings. Hope you had a great weekend, and a good start to your workweek tomorrow.

@Austina, thinking of you <3

Quiet weekend here...just went out to dinner with dh and puttered around the house. Next weekend won't be as quiet, we're going to my niece's wedding in Ohio. Leaving Friday and coming home on Sunday...then I'm heading to South Carolina the following Wednesday. I better start getting myself organized lol.

Take care all! XXX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! I am not used to the new format and it's throwing me off a bit. Just finished shampooing Fred, Bobby and Oliver and cleaned and disinfected the house so off in a bit for cycling before the rain arrives. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy Monday. XOXO.

@junebug17 how exciting your niece's wedding is coming up. Glad you had a lovely weekend with your dh and have a safe trip to the wedding in Ohio and a nice trip to South Carolina the following week. Lots of happy events to look forward to. XO.

@Tekate how are you feeling? HUGS and healing vibes continued being sent your way. XOXO.

@Slick1 LOVED the photos. Gorgeous wedding and gorgeous day for a gorgeous family inside and out. XO

@bling_dream19 LOVE your newest acquisitions. Beautiful.

@AV_ woohoo glad it knocked your socks off despite the art just being OK and sorry about missing the Autumn colors. I love the autumn but I am not a fan of the colder weather it brings. Today is a milder day albeit rain is on the way. Have a good Monday. Ice cream is in our Monday plans...how about yours?

@marcy love the red truck and hope if Marty gets it he loves it. Happy birthday in advance. Hope you have a good Monday. And that NN appreciates all your help and that her life gets a bit easier too. It's funny how if one is nice things get nicer in general IMO. It is easier to be nice and kind than angry and mean.

@canuk-gal I hear you on elastic waist pants. I have them and enjoy them lol. Happy Thanksgiving! Safe travels and enjoy. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean wonderful news about your visit with Chris! Woohoo! And I think your hands are lovely. Shows all your hard work and love.

@Austina thinking of you. XO

@Scandinavian thinking of you and your family. (((Hugs)))

OK we are off. Have a wonderful morning and I will try coming back later. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

But first: #icecreamyesteday #YUMMMMM #LARGEagain #LOL

icecreamoctober2019.png

And we saw our favorite Cormorant too.

cormorant.png

See you later lovelies!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Either you are reading minds, or I am that predictable! Just going out for a late lunch of you know what.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Either you are reading minds, or I am that predictable! Just going out for a late lunch of you know what.

I am sometimes clairvoyant and telepathic. Or so I’ve been told.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@bling_dream19 I love your pink sapphire ring, it’s so delicate and pretty. I hope the seller sorts out the wonkiness for you.

Hi @Mamabean , I’m glad the visit with your son went well, and that he continues to do well at the centre. I can only imagine how difficult this has been for you, as I mentioned before, my friend Sue has been through something similar, and fortunately, her son has come out the other side and their relationship is back on track. I hope you’re slowly getting over your near miss, it really shakes you up and takes time to feel confident behind the wheel again. Oooo the aqua ring looks lovely :kiss2:

Seems like Marty has already decided @marcy, and with your weather, I imagine having a heavy vehicle is a must when you have so much snow. Sweet going out for dinner and also having ice cream. Happy birthday to the big guy.

I’m so sorry @missy that your results aren’t good. It’s no surprise that your health is suffering with your demanding schedule. Poor you and Greg, you must both be thoroughly worn out and fed up. I really hope you’ll turn the corner soon with RWGate, and you and the kitties can get back to normality. Thank you for always being so sweet and thoughtful, I really do appreciate you thinking of us.

I hope the wedding went well @Slick1 and you all had the most memorable day.

No to snow @canuk-gal, stay safe.

Think of you @Scandinavian and hoping all is going well with your Mum’s treatment.

Sounds like a lovely weekend @junebug17 and what a busy weekend ahead you have. Have you got your outfit all sorted for the wedding. Our friend’s daughter is getting married soon, and I haven’t even thought about what I’ll wear..

Hi @PierreBear, hope the run went well this weekend.

We didn’t do much this weekend, cleaned the car inside and out, it got pretty dirty in the back, big muddy paws, and a big wet dog shaking herself, well, you can imagine!

We went to Virginia Water today for a walk, and met a couple who we used to see most times. Jo always had fresh baked liver treats, and Dottie would spot her a mile off and gallop up to her. As soon as Jo saw us, she asked where Dottie was, and we told her, she was really shocked.

Tomorrow is Colin’s surgery, scheduled for a day case, but I suppose it’ll depend on when he gets in to the operating theatre. He’s got a bag packed just in case. I was originally going to take him and come home, but now I’ll wait there until it’s done.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, I hope you’re all having a good start to the week.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Marty has a shiny new red truck (or will sometime today). I said “I can’t wait to see what I get on my birthday now.

Mamabean, you certainly do drive everywhere.

Junebug, I took the bandage off my finger yesterday and am working it back in on typing now. It’s strange. I keep working around it. The spot looks like really dry skin but getting air to it finally really filled in the last layers. I am glad Marty bought the pickup he wanted. Thank you for the kind words about my pictures. I am happy with the color on my phone camera and we did see a lot of pretty sights. I hope NN approaches this with determination to prove us all wrong; she apparently messed up some things again today. I do feel bad for her mom; we know that is hard to deal with. Nice for a quiet weekend, the wedding will be fun next weekend.

Missy, you started your day again with you big to do list. I am glad you got out for a ride though. It’s true that being nice and kind is easier and definitely makes you feel better. I can’t imagine how mad I’d be at myself if I treated people as rudely as she generally does. I honestly don’t think she realizes how nasty she comes across to people.

Hi AV and PierreBear! I hope you are both doing well.

Austina, Marty might get to try his pickup in snow on Thursday. He seems excited. Nice for having a clean car but I am sure it was hard to clean. Big hugs to you and Colin. Nice to run in to Jo on your walk but another difficult moment. Hoping those become easier for you with time. Sending mega dust to Colin for his surgery tomorrow.

My allergies were so bad last night I swear my breathing sounded like a tea kettle. I am better now; I can breathe through my nose again. Sweet. I stayed home today because I did feel like crap with wheezing and a sinus headache plus Marty wanted to go deal with Ford. Our cleaning lady was coming this morning so that way he didn’t have to worry about that. It was great; he had to set there and answer all the questions and of course he had to text me every few minutes.

We went out after lunch to sign the papers and they are waiting delivery from Colorado then are going to clean it up for him and deliver it to the gym. Nice.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring I won from Chris Ploof Designs just got delivered. It’s fabulous. Marty will love it. He really hit the jackpot for his birthday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5C8138F2-B9AC-4782-ACC2-80F35F04D37E.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's L-S dip Tuesday.

@marcy LOVE the ring you won for Marty and his new truck is da BOMB. Do the kids still say that? LOL. In any case love it and it will be a very happy birthday for Mr Marty. I am sorry your allergies were so bad yesterday but glad it improved as the day went on and yes to taking a day off work. You deserve a break from that crazy place. As for NN not being self aware I think that is very common. I feel most people aren't self aware. I think we are but haha perhaps everyone thinks they are.

@Austina good luck for Colin today with the surgery. Sending bucketloads of good luck dust his way.

Just wanted to say Hello! Hope ya'll are doing well and have a great week!

Hi @PierreBear hello, how are you? Hope all is well and that you and your dh are enjoying a lovely week too.

@AV_ good morning. Ice cream update please? Hope you had a lovely day yesterday and are off to a nice start today.

@Slick1 hello there, hope your week is going well. I think it must be after the joyous and wonderful wedding celebration you all had this past weekend.

@Scandinavian keeping good thoughts for you and your mom.

@Tekate Kate the Great, how are you feeling? How is your healing going? I hope you are free of all pain and enjoying family. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs.

@Mamabean how are you doing? When are you getting your lab results back?

@canuk-gal Happy Thanksgiving if we don't see you before. Hope you have a wonderful time with your loved ones and enjoy yummy Thanksgiving food. My favorites are sweet potatoes and fresh cranberries and OMG stuffing. I LOVE stuffing. Oh and Apple Pie and Pumpkin pie and Cheesecake and all of the desserts. I love everything food wise with Thanksgiving but the turkey. No to that but YUMMM to the rest. Enjoy!

@bling_dream19 how is your week going? I hope you are wearing and loving all your gorgeous new (old) pieces. :love: And are having a wonderful week.

We were able to cycle yesterday after cleaning and disinfecting the house and shampooing the cats. We are getting down to the last cycling hours as the rest of the week is rain all week sadly. I have a goal in mind before the end of the year but it looks iffy at best. We are into the rainy cold windy Autumn months now. Any cycling is a bonus. So off to clean and disinfect the house and then drop the cats off for L-S dips and hopefully get cycling in between that and picking them up later. It is very windy and cold out so lots of layers are necessary. Did I tell you I have no winter clothing here? Everything is back in Brooklyn as I thought I would be back to pick it up for our regular October vacation but as you know we never got back home. Rather I never did and Greg cannot choose what clothes I want here. So somehow at some point I will have to find time to go back there and pick up stuff I need. Not looking forward to that.

Enough blabbering from me. Enjoy a lovely day all and sending you hugs and love.

As we were heading out on the bike yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 5.05.33 AM.png

And in the middle of our ride a very sweet treat. I had PB&J and Greg had Snickers.
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 5.30.50 AM.png

Have a wonderful day. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo @marcy, the ring is great and what a gift! Glad Marty got his truck, he’ll be like a pig in muck as we say here :lol: Glad to hear your finger is healing up, but boo to your allergies being so bad. I hope things are better today for you.

I hope things are improving for you too dear @Tekate and that your pain is diminishing. I know you’re sorry not to be able to look after Autie, but the sooner the house is packed up and sold, the sooner you can get to Tx full time. I’m so excited for you to be going through the house buying process (not so much the selling and moving!)

I hope today goes well for the kitties @missy, I know it’s always stressful for you and them on lime dip Tuesdays. I’ve just read on your other thread that fur is growing back, so that’s surely got to be a good sign hasn’t it? Sorry little Fred is so disconnected from things, maybe retreating in to his shell is his way of coping with what’s going on?

Big wave out to all the other lovely NIRDIs, we’re leaving soon to get Colin to the hospital, so just wanted to pop in as I may not be able to later.

Have a good day lovelies :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results