shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I just posted this morning right before you did and want you to know Greg and I are wishing Colin lots of good luck today. We are all keeping him in our thoughts and hoping it goes very well. Sending you big hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, he’s just gone to theatre

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
[somehow I've edited a post away, rewriting]

@Austina Not my kind of theatre ,( Fingers crossed! Write when you can.

@missy May that you break away from the routine of this past summer. NYC might have some niceties to offer beyond old clothes. Not that I find it easy to look back at this year.

@marcy Funny how all my life got on this piece of paper being written, yet all is well.

Fortunately I can’t coddle myself ...so I’ll get over it quickly...
- Perhaps not this time, but soon & just because!

-

The day could pass for August.

All my best to all who NIRDI...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thinking of the kitties today and hoping they do ok with the baths. I hope you can get a little more cycling in, even with these colder temps. Love your pic of the cormorant and the sky, so pretty.
Hi @PierreBear! :wavey: Hope all is well with you.

@Austina, these first few weeks are really hard, so many memories and reminders (((hugs))). I have my outfit all set, it's the same one I wore to the last wedding lol...I just don't have the energy for dress shopping these days. Sending Colin lots of good thoughts for his surgery today, and sending support to you.

@marcy, sounds like your cut is slowly but surely healing...it's amazing how long these things can take sometimes. Exciting that Marty is getting a new truck! It looks really nice, love the red. I'm sorry your allergies are giving you so much trouble lately, you've been hit hard and I hope you're feeling better soon. Great looking ring too. It's like Christmas for Marty.

@canuk-gal, have a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful time with your family!

AV_, good luck with your work...but give yourself a break every once in a while! You deserve it. <3

Quick question...is anyone noticing it takes a long time for a page to load on PS? Not all the time but often? I'm not sure if it's PS or my internet connection.

Yesterday was a weird day...sinus headache and fatigue that I just could not shake...OTCs helped but not entirely. I think it might be allergies...anyway, I'm feeling so much better today and I feel up to doing everything I meant to do yesterday LOL.

Take care all! XXX

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I think Colin should be out of surgery now. I hope it went well...Will they keep him overnight? David had hernia surgery when he was four or five years old. I had to carry him around because he wasn’t supposed to walk. I hope they can keep him for a few days until he’s comfortable.
@junebug17 I’m glad you’re feeling better today.
Yes...My pages are taking a long time to load and I really like the old format better...although I really appreciate all the hard work that went into this update..:bigsmile:
@marcy Marty’s maybe new truck is spiffy! He’ll be wearing his new ring...driving that new red truck...Man about town! My husband is driving my old BMW X3...I miss that car...although I like my new Volvo. I obsessed about it for so long...I’m glad I got it...but I did love my X3 Now that you mentioned the trouble Groucho has been having with her mom...I feel bad for her. It doesn’t give her an excuse but just maybe an understanding of why she is the way she is.
@missy I hope the kitties will be in a good mood after their Lime dips today. I don’t think I will ever just think Tuesday is a regular Tuesday. When the kitties are well I’ll still be thinking it as well as you and Greg...and all of us NIRDI’s..
Did you get to talk to the doctor about your blood work? My results didn’t come in yet. I get them directly from the lab into my portal. Sometimes I get them before my doctor. At least this time I didn’t almost bleed to death. Three months ago the tech stabbed me too many times in one vein and didn’t put a pressure bandage on the puncture. Blood was running down my arm and I didn’t even know it. This time was good so that’s a plus. I keep checking my email..but nothing yet.
@Slick1 You looked gorgeous in that photo with your son. You both looked so happy. I don’t know if you’ve been on here to tell us about it...so will look when I hit reply. I’m not sure how this new format works and I don’t want to start over..
@AV_ I wandered over to the Instagram Swoon threads...Some of those rocks are too big! I know most on PS think they can never be too big....but the emerald cuts looked like the candy pop rings the kids wear. The earring you posted were beautiful.
@junebug17 I’m going to wait until I get my drops from Etsy to see if anything will fit on my huggies before I buy anything else. I also don’t want to pay a fortune for really expensive ones. I just want some fun..real stone drops...Did you look into getting anything else?
@Tekate How are you doing? How does your jaw feel now? That is amazing you sold your house already...I know you loved living there..so it’s bittersweet. What is sweet is your little munchkin Autie. She is so adorable. I don’t know whether my son and daughter in law are going to have another one...but a little girl would be sweet.
@Calliecake @canuk-gal @bling_dream19 :wavey: Will talk later...Hope you all are doing great today...xxxoooo

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, thanks for letting me know...I notice the wait time is really long when I click on the right to go to the last post in a thread.

Same with me on the dangles - I want something that looks nice and is a genuine stone that doesn't cost a ton of money. I haven't ordered anything else...I'm having trouble finding what I have in mind LOL. I'm not going to be in NJ much the next few weeks so it's not a good time to order on line now anyway.

I'm glad things went much more smoothly for you at the doctor this time around. I hope your results have improved compared to last time. <3

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

@bling_dream19 Hello! and I hope all is well with you, you sound so happy and nice, glad you are here.... one cannot help but return to the NIRDIs I know! xoxo

off for now, I started this 8 hrs ago! watched Autie all day with John, she is a sweetie, and Teething! eek!..

love you guys.

Kate

Thanks Kate! Nirdi's in my heart everyday - thanks for the shout out. And thanks for the compliment - you sound the same! You sound like you enjoy each moment and go through life being yourself. I think you're moving and selling a house, so WOW lots going on. Your granddaughter is such a cute cutie!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s! I am sure tired of typing with 9 fingers. Hurry up dermis and fill back in.

Callie, thank you for the compliment on my ring; it is so unlike my usual style but it’s one of my favorites. I am enjoying my new camera er I mean phone. I hate to hear about your aunt, please know I am sending you mega dust and will keep you in my thoughts. How fun to go shopping with your niece.

AV, that is not a bad thing to be know for what coffee you like to order. It’s better than the bartender knowing your regular drink, right?

Missy, i am happy with the pictures from my new phone. It is easy to work; most Apple products work the same. I sent you a text a while ago but I used it a lot today and it has 32% left on the battery after 10 hours of serious use. Usually when my iPhone X would be almost dead when we got home after a day like that. You did have a good riding season; it’s the RW gate crap that is raining - more like pouring - on your parade. I am glad you got to enjoy yourselves each day with a nice ride and some ice cream. Love all of your pictures. We had ice cream today and I did get a picture but we’d already started eating them before I thought of it. Snowflake is cute. Nice you got your electrical taken care of and you caught up with some friends. How exciting to getting new glasses. Hi Oliver! No! Leave our Missy alone; I hope they find a quick fix for you with your blood work.

Austina, I totally get being comforted by have Dottie home with you and Colin. My heart is heavy sad for you both. It sounds like she was a blessing to the both of you and likewise for Dottie. I hope Adam likes his new phone. It would be easy getting used to not working. Glad to hear Colin got your travel arrangements worked out. That’s a relief. NN didn’t make any mistakes on Friday; she was off that day. What a thoughtful gesture by your friends to send flowers. That is pretty tacky the florist did such a poor job with them; I am glad you took them in and had them replaced. No excuse doing something like that.

Kate, how exciting you sold your house already. When Marty’s folks decided to move here after they retired the put their house on the market; came here to look for a house and their realtor called them with an offer 3 days after they got here and the people wanted to close in 3 weeks. They had to fly back to Maryland pronto. Nice that you are meeting with the builder to get your place going down there. The wedding sounds very nice. I hope your jaw gets better; enough of that crap! Love the picture of Autie saying enough. Oh no that John stepped on your laptop; I did some damage over the years to laptops myself. Thank you for the compliments on my photos. The gemstone is a lavender sapphire. I did get 2 days free of NN last week, I had off Wednesday and she had a day off as well. Win win.

Mamabean, I am with you on worrying about bed bugs. My BIL and his wife brought them home from her hospital stay. They had a mess and it took quite a few fumigations to get rid of them. I am so sorry about the awful day you had getting your mom in for tests and then her having a fit. You do a lot for her and I hope deep down she knows it. Wow, that car could have caused a very serious accident for you. I am so glad a car wasn’t coming the other way. What a relief. And what a trip you had getting home. You certainly had a long few days there. Big hugs to you. Sorry to hear what challenges you have with Chris too. Ice cream with David sounds fun and delicious. Yes, you deserved some ice cream after that near death experience. Good luck with your blood test on Monday; tell them you are nervous because you forgot to study. I am getting ads on my iPad Mini but nothing else so far. I hate those stupid popups.

Jaaron, this thread moves fast. I am 2 days behind and know I missed a lot. I am so very sorry about your sweet dog. Big hugs to you.

Bling Dream, thank you. That is a lavender sapphire in rose gold and a ton of little pave diamonds. It’s not the usual style I have for RHR but I wear it a lot. I totally smiled when I read your plans to clean a lot of jewelry with your new US. I do that too; when I got my steam cleaner everything came out for a blast. I like your weekend plans - Chill and Clean. Sounds like my idea of fun. You can’t do anymore than being a good person; everything else falls in place after that.

Hi Kenny! Welcome. We just talk about our days, our lives and bling of course. Jump in anytime.

Junebug, I am enjoying my new camera and the phone is great too. Ha Ha. Thank you about my photos and ring. Agreed the cliff notes would take a long time to read. As the NIRDI’s turn. How fun to go listen to your DS’s band at the bar. That is like a scene from a movie; very cool. I am sure he was thrilled to have you and your DH come listen and support him.

Work has been busy and hectic and I spent most of Friday with my boss and HR and we are gong to attempt to help NN find her way to be a better employee. She is capable of it; let’s hope she rises to the challenge. She won’t be pleased for sure.

Thursday night we went out for dinner and cards at a friend’s house. Friday night Marty had several clients do he brought us dinner when he came home from the gym. I was kind of friend from meetings, planning and paperwork on Friday.

This morning I was having a dream at about 6:30 am about finding a place for French toast so I woke up, got dressed and we went out for breakfast. I had a hair appointment at 8 for a trim and I had her cut my bangs shorter; after they dried I should have left them alone. Oops, Oh well, they will grow back. I came home and did my lifting then we went to the mountains to see the fall leaves. They were have 60 mph wind gusts around here so I mostly took pictures through the window. We stopped at Ford on the way in to town and Marty might be getting a new F150 for his birthday Monday. His current F150 is 4 years old and he wanted a red one when he bought it. For the last 2 years he has driven through their lot looking for a red one but in a higher end model; he said no sense upgrading just to get a red pickup. Today a salesman caught him and talked him in to driving a white limited edition F150. They were pushing him hard to buy it. I finally said no - if you buy a new pickup you are getting the one you want including color you want. So they searched for that model in the red he likes and found one. I am leaving it up to him if he wants to buy it. We found the pickup in Colorado about 60 miles from here so we are going to go look at it tomorrow. We will see what happens.

Take care.
Marcy
upload_2019-10-5_19-52-3.png
upload_2019-10-5_19-52-24.png
upload_2019-10-5_19-53-0.png
upload_2019-10-5_19-54-0.png
You're so sweet @marcy thanks for sharing your ring details - its gorgeous! Oooooo steamer, I might have to get that! Your pics are awesome. And thank you for your advice. I'm keeping it in my mind when I go to work. Congrats to Marty on his new truck! Hope you're having a great week friend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wellllllllllll 10cms of wet snow and counting:(( supposed to be warmer this week so it just might melt. BUTCUMMON! If it doesn't stop, well, IMJUSTGONNALEAVE! lol

Hope Colin is OK @Austina ...my DH is booked for this surgery as well.

Shout out to NIRDIs:wavey:. Tired from work..gonna relax.

PS does anyone get pissed when $$ candles don't burn down? I have two that crapped out with 1/3 of the wax left.:roll:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I hope Colin’s surgery went smoothly...and he’s resting comfortably..
@missy How did the kitties do with their lime dip today?
I keep checking my email for my results..but no luck. I can get them even late at night because it’s an automated process. I sometimes wake up in the morning and the email is there. Poor techs probably work during the night...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I barely do anything on Instagram [friends who garden www], except click on what KK brings up here [www & all]. Rings are the smallest jewellery.

It is almost morning again! Downside of home offices...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I barely do anything on Instagram [friends who garden www], except click on what KK brings up here [www & all]. Rings are the smallest jewellery.

It is almost morning again! Downside of home offices...
@av Those flowers are beautiful! That diamond is unbelievable. I wonder how much it is. It’s hard to tell the size..But omg...I love it.
You need to sleep....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hope the L-S dips went okay and more importantly they are doing their job. I don’t know if kids say Da Bomb anymore but I’d say they both work for the pickup and ring. Marty hit the jackpot yesterday for sure. I agree most people are not self aware. NN was surprised at her performance plan and actually denied making the first mistake I mentioned from May. The only thing she said to the HR guy was I have nothing to say. Joy. I hope you reach your cycling goal for the year; I am sure we will all have more warm weather over the next few months. I hope you get some of your warm clothes soon. Love the clouds in your picture and your ice cream looks fabulous.

Austina, how is Colin doing? How are you doing? I’ve been thinking of both of you today. I think Marty is as happy as a pig in muck. We went for a ride tonight and he was showing me all sorts of things and how they work. That ring is pretty cool; I like it. I’d get something like that in gold. My allergies are better today; thank you.

AV, that’s great you had such a lovely day. I am glad all is well.

Junebug, pages are loading very slow for me too. I finally worked in typing with that finger again today. I’m almost back to my usual abnormal. Ha Ha. I hope you are feeling better now; it sounds like yours could be allergies too. Pollen has been bad here because it’s been abnormally wet so weeds grew like crazy. Stupid allergies. It is like Christmas for Marty.

Mamabean, at least your husband has your old X3; my favorite car was my red A6. I do miss it but don’t regret buying the Macan. I sent Marty a text at noon to ask him how many times he has looked out the window and checked on his pickup - he said 12. Then a few seconds later he sent me a text that said 13. I like NN as a person and I feel bad for her with her Mom, but here mom was only diagnosed about a year ago; NN’s work issues have been ongoing for 9 years. She has had many challenges in her life and yes more than most but she chooses to be a victim and angry at the world. I think the best way to describe her is she’d give the shirt off her back to a stranger but then bitch about it for weeks because they weren’t grateful enough. It is both good and bad we can check test results online before talking to the doctor. I hope yours are good. I think drop dangles are fun; I can’t wait to see what you get from Etsy.

Bling Dream, I do like the steam cleaner; I haven’t used it for a while - I might have to dig that out. I like having that clean bling. How are the wedding plans coming along? Thank you for the kind words about my ring.

Sharon, no that the snow is piling up. It is getting here tomorrow night plus temps around 10 degrees F. Boo. I hope your DH’s surgery goes well. It is annoying when candles don’t burn all the way down. What scent(s) do you like. I like vanilla or spice.

Work seemed to drag. I was in HR until after 10. NN didn’t say much and didn’t see it coming. She didn’t come back after lunch because her daughter apparently got sick.

Marty and I went for a short ride in his pickup tonight. He has a big old smile on his face.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The surgery went well, the only issue was that the anaesthetic seemed to have caused his bladder to go numb and he could pee (sorry TMI), so they wouldn’t let him leave till he did! Upshot was I was there till 10.00pm, so they decided to admit him for the night. I got home just after 10.30pm.

Hopefully, I’ll hear in an hour or two that he can come home.

Thanks for the good thoughts, I’ll catch up later :wavey:

(p.s. I really don’t like the new format, and it’s slow for me too)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 yes the new format is loading much more slowly despite restarting my safari browser as was suggested by admin I think. I stopped posting becauseI got frustrated and went on to other things. I like to do things fast and waiting for minutes for one page to load is simply too long. Hopefully it is just them working out the bugs and such and getting stuff onto the forum and once that is complete it will be back to moving more quickly. Hopefully.

Yesterday was a weird day...sinus headache and fatigue that I just could not shake...OTCs helped but not entirely. I think it might be allergies...anyway, I'm feeling so much better today and I feel up to doing everything I meant to do yesterday LOL.

I am glad you are feeling better and weird because I had a terrible (sinus?) headache yesterday that was just so acute and well it was not pleasant. I think it was sinus and it ebbed and flowed yesterday from bad to not too terrible. I finally broke down and took a Sudafed and that brought relief. I hope you continue to feel better. Those headaches can be brutal. It's a rainy cold day today. Any plans? Sending you warm hugs.

@marcy that does not surprise me about NN not realizing her performance at work is less than stellar. When does Marty get his truck? It's Greg's birthday today but I didn't get him anything. No scratch that. I got him a card. LOL. It's not been a great time for us but if anything this time has proved how great Greg is. I knew it before but the way he takes care of the kitties and the selflessness he has shown is beyond amazing IMO but well I already adored him. This experience just proved how worthy he is of my love. LOL I am not sure I passed the test though. Am I worthy of his love. Worthy or not though I am a lucky girl to have him in my life. But I digress. As usual. Coincidental that NN didn't come back after her HR session? That her DD got sick? Hmmm. Well I am sure you were not unhappy she didn't come back that afternoon. Sorry work dragged for you yesterday and only 3 more days til the weekend woohoo. Hang in there Marcy.

@AV_ yes indeed. This year will not be/is not easy to look back on but I just hope we can look back on it and not feel devastated and that everyone remains OK. Fred is not doing well. He can no longer even jump onto the couch. Heartbreaking. A word I have been using too frequently these past 4 months. Our past day and the coming days could pass for January. I wish we could have August weather back. Hope you are still enjoying lovely warm weather. Speaking of which...ooh Sharon...

@canuk-gal Oy sorry for your wet snow. Summer always goes too quickly and it seems winter weather gets here too quickly as well. At this stage of my life I wish it was summer more often. Though if I got to choose my very favorite weather it would be 70s/80s and low humidity and sunshine. With a few 60 degree weather days thrown in for good measure and so I could wear my OTK boots.:bigsmile: I don't like it when the candles don't burn all the way down either. My favorite is vanilla candles. Yummy. Good luck to your DH on his surgery Sharon. Hope it goes well. And I hope the rest of your work week isn't tiring and goes quickly and that you are feeling well. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy a delicious feast. XOXO

@Mamabean good luck with getting your results and hoping they have improved and glad the blood taking went more smoothly this time. The kitties did OK but I am so concerned about Fred. He can no longer even jump onto the couch and had trouble walking up 2 steps from the living room to the dining room to get into the kitchen. And he is staring listlessly straight ahead into space constantly with no expression. I don't know if he knows where he is. I am crying. The tears rarely stop. My poor babies. Sorry I am such a downer these past 4 months. :cry:

Keep us posted re your results. Sending you warm hugs and good luck dust.

@Slick1 loved the wedding photos. They are a beautiful couple. And your daughter is gorgeous too. Just like her momma. (((Hugs))).

@Austina glad Colin's surgery went well but oy to the anesthesia complication and hope today things are back functioning for him normally and he is at home this afternoon if not already this morning. (((Hugs))) and healing dust being sent your way.

@Scandinavian thinking of you sweet girl and your mom. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate how are you feeling? How is your jaw? Hope you are healing and doing well and hope things are going smoothly. Sending you big hugs and lots of love. Tomorrow I am seeing the dentist and will tell her about my bleeding gums. It has gotten bad and I really don't have the energy (I know you get it) for yet another problem. Hope you are having a good week sweet girlie. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 the weather has turned on us here at the shore. It will be a nasty windy rainy rest of the week and maybe into the weekend. I am sad but it was a good run. Are you heading here this weekend? Hope you are having a good week and enjoying your beautiful new purchases. I used to steam them with a combo Ultrasonic steamer but when it broke I never replaced it. I am just too low maintenance to continue with a long cleaning process. I use a toothbrush and water when I remember. LOL not a typical PSer that way what can I say?

It was a cool brisk day yesterday with an strong (very strong) East/North east wind. But we managed to get a good cycling day in all bundled up and Jimmy surprised us and gave us ice cream on the house yesterday because we are such good customers. Wow. We have only been going to Jimmy's Ice Cream place for a month or so and only a few days a week as Days is still open Fri-Sun (last weekend though this weekend cry) but nonetheless he deemed us great customers and gave us free ice cream. Woohoo. Jimmy rocks.

I got a new flavor. Coffee cappuccino mixed with pistachio. Delish. Greg got PB Monster. Yummm. I put my red cycling shoes in the photo for your enjoyment.8-)

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.45.45 AM.png

Jimmy is so nice. Really lovely man. He is a gentle soul.

We are crazy though as we ate our large ice creams despite it being cold and then had a long way to cycle back. But we were bundled up and enjoyed the day truly. Despite worrying about the kitties. They did OK but of course do not enjoy L-S dip day. No sun at all yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.48.36 AM.png

Can you find Greg @Mamabean LOL I know you can

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.49.33 AM.png

and in honor of the upcoming Halloween I took some scary photos. Will share more in the next post because I feel I might lose this one with the way PS has been acting since the "upgrade". And by the way it is Greg's birthday today. Wish the weather was better but we are going out to eat and that is a treat for my dh as he doesn't have to cook. Yay. Have a lovely not scary day lovely ladies. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.49.49 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scary Halloween photos continued...

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.50.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.50.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.56.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.55.56 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.55.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.55.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.55.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.55.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.54.59 AM.png

Oooh scary. Amazing the amount of detail they put into their display. Impressive. And at night I know it is more scary but sorry when it is dark this girl is already in bed. What can I say. I am depleted and exhausted and running on empty but doing the best we can. As all of us are. Sending you warm loving hugs across the miles and may everyone enjoy a very not scary and fun day. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and almost forgot. Look who was waiting for us when we got back from cycling. Fresca! You may (or may not as some of the NIRDIs are newer additions) remember her from a few years ago. She is doing well knock wood!

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.01.23 AM.png

And here are our sweet babies after we picked them up from L-S dip yesterday. @Mamabean these photos are for you.
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.01.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.02.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.03.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 6.03.12 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Thank you for the sweet pics...I realized I should have gone over to the Ringworm thread instead of asking for an update on the furries. I feel bad for Fred..but hopefully it’s temporary..and a reaction to his treatment...Little Ollie is getting big...and so cute. It’s a good sign that hair is growing on the kitties. You guys may be on the home stretch. :pray:
Haha...Yes I see your sweet Greg! If I take my reading glasses off I may not but I have them on...:geek2:
Those are pretty scary decorations! I was a party pooper with my kids...They would get scared of all that when they were little so I would walk the neighborhood before I took them out to avoid the really scary ones. This was when they were bitties though. When they were older they knew they weren’t real so they were free to get scared! Poor David got scared on a haunted hayride many years ago. A guy ran up to the back of our hayride in a cornfield with a real chainsaw. It scared the heck out of me..We were on the back end and he came pretty close. David jumped up and yelled he was afraid the guy was going to slice him into steaks! Omg...It was so funny but I felt so bad for him. A little girl was sitting next to him and gave him a slow look from his feet to his head...and told him not to be afraid that it wasn’t real. Omg..I loved that little girl..I promised David I wouldn’t ever take him on a haunted hayride again..
I’m really not liking this format. I couldn’t even find my alerts before...If you like a comment it doesn’t always go through...and if it does you have to sit and wait for it to take.
@Austina..When I had Chris I had the same problem...and they wouldn’t let me go home...I remember running water and picturing waterfalls but no luck. I had to stay until everything worked.. I hope he gets to go home today...
I’ll be back...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello (again) lovelies

Well things returned to normal after midnight, so Colin was discharged this morning and is home. He’s fine, but been told to take it easy and rest up, which he is doing.

@missy, please wish Greg a very happy birthday from us, I hope despite everything that’s going on, he enjoys his special day. I think of all the couples I know, you and he are so deserving of each other, truly a match made in heaven. What could you give the man who has everything, it is very obvious you adore each other, and what else is there?

Sorry poor Fred is really struggling, I hope that this will eventually be over and you and the kitties all come out the other side.

Your little feral is looking really healthy and how sweet she still comes to visit.

Boo to the weather, but I’m glad it’s not stopping you getting out in the fresh air and enjoying the ride. That was so nice to get a free ice cream for being such good customers, as long as you’re bundled up warmly, it doesn’t matter if it’s not technically ice cream weather.

Your Halloween tale reminds me of when Adam was little @Mamabean and we were at Disney. We were waiting to go on Space Mountain and he said he didn’t want to go, I remember pointing to a little girl and saying that she was going and he was older than her. I then heard someone behind us saying the same thing to their child. As it turned out, he loved it, and I was the one that was scared!

I know I should feel sorry for NN @marcy, but I’m afraid I can’t. Everyone has problems, they just don’t all use it as an excuse. Sounds fishy that her daughter suddenly got ill when she didn’t like what she was told at her meeting.

I’m sure Marty must be thrilled with his new truck, it won’t surprise you to know that we see so many of them on the roads in Tx.

Colin is fine @canuk-gal , the surgery was done via a laparoscope, and he says he’s not any more uncomfortable now than he was pre-surgery. Not really in pain, but they want him to take paracetamol and ibuprofen for a couple of days just in case. (They actually wanted to give him co-codomol, but we said no). Ugh to snow, that sounds like a lot.

Your outfit for the last wedding was lovely @junebug17 so why not wear it again. We’ve got our friend’s daughter’s wedding next week, and honestly, I haven’t really given any thought to what I’ll wear, but I have lots of lovely dresses, so will dig something out. Coming back from the hospital last night, I passed the emergency vet we took Dottie too, and I must admit, it brought back that awful night. Can’t believe it’ll be 2 weeks tomorrow since she left us.

How’re things going with you @bling_dream19 ? Are you wearing and enjoying your new band?

What are you up to @AV_ I hope you’re managing to get some sleep?

How’re you feeling @Tekate, I really hope things are improving for you?

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Many happy returns of the day! Great timing for Greg's day - he gets to call victory first ,)

@Austina I am asleep... Good to hear postop is reasonable.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 I just received my little bead charms from Etsy. Well...They would work which is what I wanted to know...but they are very small...but still okay for me...The big things are they don’t match...the deeper blue ones are not the same size...One is bigger than the other....The aquamarine ones are different shades. One is lighter than the other...basically they all don’t match. She threw in another purplish pink pair...and they really don’t match either. I didn’t pay a lot so not concerned...I may wear them...If they’re separated it may not be noticeable and I can decide if I like the look of drops...You know that saying..You get what you pay for. :roll2: 9996F576-4AE3-4F86-9457-DF64B2FE3CBC.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi sweethearts I'm sorry I've been away a little bit. Combo of little cold, first one in years, and trying to clean my house and jewelry and of course working lots. I'm making a little bit of progress on the wedding. I've been playing with my 3 wedding bands so I've really gotta get on the stick with this wedding. I've got the important things covered lol. And I cant share any of this with my family. They do not give me money nor will they be paying for the wedding but I've gotten disapproving looks regarding jewelry or anything new. I think they think the only money I should be spending is for my wedding. So again, I'm grateful to have a place where we celebrate each other's beautiful jewelry and see it as a joy. And to have friends who love bling is bonus! @missy I hope those kitties are getting. Yes common denominators with PSers thyroid and anemia. Happy birthday to Greg hope yall have a super fun day! I had planned to come to the shore this weekend but probably will not bc of little cold, need to rest, considering dress shopping sat am, and sister and fam might come visit. I LOVE all your Halloween pics! Soo fun you get to see all of that. I love this time of year.
@Austin hope your dear husband is ok and recovering well.
I have to read and catch up. Love and hugs to all. Off to drink some chamomile tea. If anyone needs a good one, try Harney and Sins loose chamomile. It was gifted to me and best I've ever had.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, I am relieved to hear the surgery went well. I am glad to hear he is home now and hope he is doing well. I can’t say I was shocked NN didn’t come back from lunch yesterday and today she said she hurt herself and couldn’t come in. I agree, everybody has baggage and had some challenging times in their lives; she is conniving and definitely plays the victim. I am sure Texas has a lot of F150’s.

Missy, NN actually called in sick today. I know, who saw that coming? Ha Ha. We got the pickup on Monday. Happy Birthday to Greg! He is a total keeper with a heart of gold; we know he takes very good care of you. Glad to hear a Sudafed helped your sinus headache; those do work well. I am sorry to hear Fred hasn’t improved. Sweet kitty. I am totally with you on vanilla candles. Darn that the weather is cold and rainy. Great Halloween decorations. Nice that Fresca stopped by to say hi.

Mamabean, that was nice of you to scope out the neighborhood to keep your kids away from the scary houses at Halloween. Marty was Frankenstein at a local haunted house one year; he scared the crap out of some kids but had fun doing it. They run it for about 3 weeks in October. Fun bead charms for your earrings. I like dangle earrings but you never see my earrings so only I know they are there.

So as I mentioned above NN didn’t come in today. She didn’t make any mistakes though. Score! I met a friend for lunch. Our temperatures have dropped over 40 degrees and will continue to plummet; today’s high was 73 and tonight it will be in the teens. They are predicting freezing drizzle then snow. We’ll get above freezing again on Friday. Winter is here.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, I hope you are doing ok. I’ve been thinking of you. Hugs. Its good to hear Colin’s surgery went well. I think what he experienced after surgery is pretty common. I hope he is feeling better today and taking it easy. Did you decide what you are going to wear to the wedding? We have a wedding this month and I’ve got a couple options but not really in love with any of them.

@junebug17, I’m sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well. Are you ready for the wedding? The dress you wore to the last wedding was so pretty on you. You look great in everything Junie. Have a great time this weekend with your family. Will you be spending all next week in SC?

@Mamabean , I’m so glad your visit with Chris went well and he likes the treatment facility. Hang in there Joanne. I know this has been really hard on you. Hopefully you will receive good news on your lab work tomorrow and you can put this worry behind you. You have a lot in your plate right now. The dangles you posted are really pretty. Your bands are beautiful and so are your hands! Mine resemble chicken feet these days.

@Tekate, How are you feeling??? I hope your pain is improving. Mouth pain is awful. The pictures you posted of Autie are adorable. Congratulations on selling your home. The sale was so quick. Getting ready for a move is never much fun but you have so much to look forward to when you get to Austin. I’m glad you get to be there watching Autie grow. You have so many fun times headed your way with this little one. I wouldn’t trade being close to my grandniece these past few years for anything. They grow up so fast. I’m so glad you won’t be missing any of it.

@Slick1 , How was the wedding?

@marcy, Oh no to winter arriving already. It’s been beautiful here the past few days but colder weather is coming this weekend. Marty’s new truck is beautiful. I don’t know a man alive who wouldn’t be thrilled with Marty’s new toy. Sorry to hear work has been a pain.

@missy, I hope you both had a great day celebrating Greg’s birthday. Hopefully you will have a few more weeks of good cycling weather. Ollie is getting so big and is so cutie. I’m sorry to hear Fred is still having a rough time. Are Tommy and Bobby feeling better? I hope this RW nightmare ends soon for all of you.

@av, Please bring your phone on your next outing. What you posted on Sunday sounded so lovely. I’m glad work is going well for you.

@bling_dream19 , Your wedding bands look beautiful together. I love the light pink band. Do you have a date set for the wedding? I apologize if you have already mentioned it. I’m so far behind right now.

@canuk-gal , Have you dug your way out of the snow? It’s way to early to have snowstorms. I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

It’s getting late. I’ll write more tomorrow. We have just been out enjoying the weather while it is still nice. It’s been a fun week. I’m glad I’m not the only who isn’t thrilled with the new Pricescope format. I preferred the old one and felt it was easier to use. I’m hoping it just takes a little longer to get used to.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Just had a delicious cup of coffee. Ahhh. Coffee makes mornings worthwhile don't you agree? It's terrific Thursday. Or I hope it will be a terrific Thursday for all.

@junebug17 how are you feeling today? Hoping you are having a good week with safe travels and lots of happy events ahead. I love weddings. Celebration of true love and joy. May the couple have a wonderful wedding and I hope you enjoy it and also enjoy your time in SC afterwards. Safe travels Junie. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean those earring drops are disappointing for sure. Sorry. I hope you can wear some of them and make it work. The closest matches might be fine as your head is separating them so the differences won't be as obvious. Did you get your blood work results? I think your hands and bling are beautiful. Shows what a loved and good life you are leading IMO. Have I told you how much I appreciate your friendship Joanne? You have a good heart and are a generous and kind soul. XO. And thanks for the lovely birthday wishes for Greg.

@AV_ thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. How did your day go yesterday? How is the week proceeding? Any weekend plans? Hope you are doing well and enjoying the lovely weather days.

@marcy speaking of good hearts Ms Marcy you sure have a wonderful one. I appreciate your friednship so much. Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes for Greg. Woohoo that NN called in sick and I am betting she is just fine. A mental health break for everyone involved. Always a good thing. That is one sweet truck for Marty. He is a lucky guy. Of course he is most lucky because he has you Marcy. Hope work goes well today and that only positive and upbeat people show up to work. Sorry winter has arrived and those temp swings are cuckoo. We are freezing (not literally) here and I have the fireplace on for the past few days and the heat is on high. Sorry you are getting freezing rain but better than snow. We just have rain here and very high winds. Very high. Greg has just informed me he doesn't want to ride in the huge winds and torrential downpours today. Wow, talk about unreasonable. ;-) Hugs to you Marcy. Hope you have a lovely day. XO.

@bling_dream19 aw honey, I am sorry you are under the weather so to speak and hope the cold clears up completely. The weather here is nasty so you are not missing anything and better to stay put while your body recuperates. Love your 3 wedding bands and haha you are a true PSer. How many brides to be have 3 WBs already. Enjoy dress shopping this weekend. Thank you kindly for your lovely birthday wishes for Greg. And just want to thank you for your sweet friendship.

@Austina glad Colin is doing better and home resting. Tell him we send lots of good wishes and healing hugs his way. Any weekend plans? Thanks for the birthday wishes for Greg. Much appreciated. And of course I appreciate your friendship. Who would have guessed joining PS would allow me to find such wonderful people I am privileged to call friends. XO.

@Calliecake glad you are enjoying nice weather. We had a good run I have to say. No complaints. I think we rode almost every day but a few in the month of September. Glad you are having a fun week and hope that continues.

@canuk-gal hope you are having a good week and that the snow is melting as predicted. Go away snow! Sending you hugs and love across the many miles. Safe travels to your Thanksgiving celebration.

@Tekate how are you feeling? Thinking of you sweet Girlie and hoping each day brings you closer to feeling completely well and all healed. Thought of you yesterday because I moved my dental appt up to yesterday. (((HUGS))). I am so grateful for you Kate the great and the friendship we share.

@Scandinavian sending continued healing hugs and good thoughts to all of you dear Scandi. Greg and I are keeping good thoughts for your mom and for you.

@Slick1 hugs and hope you are having a good week my cherished friend.

Yesterday went well. We fed the cats (with my coaxing) and gave Bobby half his meds as he was choking so I decided OK that is it and we didn't give him the rest yesterday but gave him the full Itrafungol dose this AM. After 10 plus weeks I guess it was OK to skip half a dose one day. Then I worked out and the dentist's office contacted me that she had an opening at noon so we decided to see her yesterday instead of today at 3PM. Worked out better for me though it was Greg's birthday yesterday. He didn't mind. The hygienist at her office is good and she felt my bleeding gums which are also swollen and inflamed is due to plaque buildup and not disease per se and there was no bone loss so that is a relief. She gave me a good cleaning and I am going to use the mouthwash they recommend which is a "natural" one with lots of herbs etc. so we shall see. And I am seeing her again in 4 months vs 6. She felt that because I missed my last cleaning due in July that the buildup occurred. Makes sense because the bleeding started just 2? months ago I think which was in August. Anyway it is a relief if that is true and there is no periodontal disease happening per se. Just hope she is right. And then my friend the dentist came in and we were all chatting. I love her and I love the people in her office.They are all super nice and skilled too.

Then we went to a late lunch for Greg's birthday celebration. It was lovely. The food is so yummy and we had dinner on the lunch menu. Just our kind of restaurant. Despite all we have and are going through I feel so fortunate to have such an amazing dh and also so lucky to have good friends including the NIRDIs. I know how lucky I am. Thank you lovely ladies for your true friendship and support through this rocky road that is life. Anyway enough mush and onto the food and drinks. Yummm

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 5.30.45 AM.png

Greg had a very dry Manhattan and I had a chocolate martini. But truth be told I only had a few sips and Greg finished the rest as I am not supposed to have alcohol on the AIP protocol. But I did enjoy the few sips I had. The food as always was excellent. I had scallops and a big salad and Greg had their Oktoberfest special. He said it was delicious. And as always he started with their famous popcorn shrimp. All in all a delicious birthday meal. Thank you everyone for wishing Greg a very happy birthday and he says thank you as well.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 5.33.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 5.32.53 AM.png

Today is a running errands day as it is another stormy day. So cleaning soon then working out then Costco run and getting my new (they all arrived a few days ago so fast) glasses adjusted so going back to WP to get that accomplished and since that is right near Trader Joes we just might have to stop in there haha. Hope everyone enjoys a terrific Thursday. XOXO.

Little (not so little) Oliver sends purrs and love bites (he is in a love biting mode and I am trying to break him of that habit) to everyone.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 5.35.53 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @bling_dream19, Colin is doing fine, feeling a bit achy, but otherwise OK. I hope your cold goes away quickly, you don’t have time to be ill with everything you have going on. I don’t have any friends who are really into bling, so this place is just the best, and we live vicariously through each other’s acquisitions.

That’s often the problem with gemstone beads @Mamabean, because they’re natural, it’s difficult to get them exactly the same. When I was making gemstone bead jewellery, I’d spend more time trying to match the beads than actually stringing them. Having said that, I do think they could’ve made more effort to find better pairs, although either side of your head will be less noticeable than if they were next to each other.

Yikes, that’s a big drop in temperature @marcy, I know you’re used to it, but freezing rain and snow :eek-2: Good job Marty has his new truck. I’d say any day that NN isn’t there has to be a bonus. Nice that you got to meet up with a friend for lunch, breaks up the day and good to get out of the office for a while.

I really haven’t given it a lot of thought @Calliecake, I do have several things I could wear to the wedding, I tend to buy things when I see them rather than for a specific event, so I’m sure I’ll dig something out next week. I can’t say I’m looking forward to going, I’m thrilled for my friends of course, but really don’t feel in the mood for it. Colin is doing well thank you, he’s enjoying being waited on, and generally feeling pretty good.

I’m glad you were able to go out to celebrate Greg’s birthday @missy, food looks delicious, and I’m sure a few sips won’t do you any harm. What a busy day you’ve got today, hope you manage to get all your errands done, and pick up a few nice treats! I wonder if your mouthwash is similar to the food supplement we were giving Dottie to reduce plaque build up, that was herbal and all natural.

I’m glad the kitties all got through another lime dip, poor little things, this is such an ordeal for you all. I’m hoping Fred is just closing down because of the trauma, and once this is over, he’ll bounce back to his normal self. I think I read somewhere recently that it’s not unusual for pets to do this as a coping mechanism.

Hope the wedding goes well this weekend @junebug17 and congratulations to the happy couple, may they have a long and happy life together.

How’re things with you AV_, have you had feedback on your paper?

Fingers crossed it’s all proceeding well with the house sale @Tekate and that your mouth is feeling better.

I think I’ve mentioned in the past that we often got a little visitor, a very pretty Birman cat? She would come right up to the bi-fold door and put her little paws on the step and stand there looking in. Dottie would be on her bed, head resting on the bolster and they’d be nose to nose through the glass. We haven’t seen her for a few weeks, but today, she appeared in the garden and came up to the door. She put her paws on the step and stood for a long while looking in. I’m sure she was looking for Dottie because her head was going from side to side wondering where she was. I know she couldn’t hear me, but I told her Dottie was gone and she looked straight at me, then slowly walked away. It’ll be interesting to see if she comes again. 2 weeks today since our beautiful girl left us :cry:

Adam is talking about staying a few more days when he visits, so if he can change his flight, it’ll be nice for him to spend a bit more time here.

Can’t believe another week is almost over, where does the time go? :-o

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina I do not expect to send out any new work until the new year, after the winter break; all of the break-neck work is done. I am more or less running over the same tracks, formally; funny that everything gets done twice [to be done & be seen to be done!] - to begin with [then, there is teaching & such].

I have no real plans until Saturday @missy - the pantry is stocked, icecream keeps flowing & most of my life is on paper anyway [I can't draft anything on LaTex! - it 'flows' like medieval caligraphy, twenty leetrs / hour]. I am seriously craving some tagliatelle with rosemary which it is just starting to bloom - it will be best toward mid December, but, no real reason to wait that long.

All in all, no news...

-

@Scandinavian Are you alive? The last news from you left room to doubt you'd still be!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, how crazy that we had sinus headaches on the same day! I wonder if maybe the weather has something to do with it? Anyway I'm glad we're both over them! Please wish Greg a Happy belated Birthday for me. So nice that you enjoyed a lovely lunch, everything sounds delicious. I'm glad the kitties made it through their baths ok and I'm hoping they are starting to turn a corner with this rw. Thinking of Fred and hoping he rallies a little. Love the pics of them. Such a cute pic of Oliver too :love: He is so sweet. I'm so glad Fresca is doing well. It must have been so nice to see her. The Halloween displays are great...very realistic!

@Austina, I felt a pang in my heart after I read about your visitor :(sad Sending comfort...reminders like this are so difficult. <3. It's great Adam is thinking of staying longer. I hope it works out. It is absolutely crazy how quickly the time is flying by...it's almost a little scary sometimes. It's too bad Colin had to stay longer in the hospital but I'm really glad all went well otherwise and he's home now and resting comfortably.

@Mamabean, those dangles are very pretty...as Austina said, it can be challenging to match up gemstones. Try them out; once they're separated by your head they'll probably work just fine.

I had another idea on these dangles - buy a pair that are already on hooks and remove them and use them on the hoops. I searched "genuine gemstone drop earrings" on etsy and a bunch came up. It's easy to take them off the hooks. This way the stones match well. Here's an example. I might order these, although they're a bit big.
C4B0F984-4504-46FF-B3E9-A6FFB44FE4C9.jpeg

@marcy, it's nice you had a break from NN. Your relief at her not being in the office goes to show she is making life difficult for you. I hope she starts doing a better job soon. I'm happy for Marty and glad he is enjoying his new truck so much. I hope your allergies are a little better.

@canuk-gal, ugh, so sorry about that snow! I hope you have a great time with your family this weekend.

@bling_dream19 , feel better soon. Try to rest as much as possible...I'm always amazed by how awful a cold can make you feel. Family members can be weird about jewelry...I don't really feel comfortable sharing mine with family. Thank goodness we nirdis are only too happy to see any and all jewelry. I love seeing your beautiful pieces. Good luck with your wedding plans. It sounds like you're making progress. Do you have a date set? Have fun if you end up going dress shopping.

@Calliecake, great idea to spend as much time outside as possible while the weather is so nice. All too soon we will be cooped up in the house, ugh. I hope you have a great weekend. I'm going to SC next Wednesday and will be there for about 2 weeks. We're going to another wedding while we're there Lol! This one is on the island so it's convenient for us, thank goodness.

@AV_, ok, I admit it...I had to look up tagliatelle! I love your posts - I learn new things from them. I love pasta and I hope you enjoy it if you decide to make it.

@Thanks to all for your input...I think pages are loading a little faster now? Although now I'm noticing words are randomly getting capitalized as I type lol. Please excuse any weird typos. I'm trying to correct them as I go along but might miss some.

Spending today just getting things together...this is only a 2 night trip but I'm still having trouble getting organized.

I feel very behind and I apologize for anything I've missed! Have a good Thursday everyone XOX

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results