shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Oh oh oh.. I just logged in to read the thread and I read about Dottie, oh I am just bereft for you and Colin and us here who love Dottie, Dottie had a wonderful life Austina but that never made me feel good when Daisy died, nope not one bit, I wanted more time. Know that I care and I am proud you loved your furbaby enough to send her to Rainbow Ridge and be free of pain and waiting in love for you guys and me and having peace without pain, I am so so so to infinity sorry for your loss of such a beautiful furchild. ((AUSTINA)) xoxoxo Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone, it's been crazy hectic, driving down 7 hrs to Mechanicsburg PA area and staying the night with John's brother up and off here to meet with Mike, Cara and Chris! it has been wonderful being with family that is for sure. Mike and Alicia's birthday was lovely yesterday, my SIL catered Panera and the cake and we provided the place , drinks and alcohol ... a very happy time and last night was the rehearsal dinner which was NC type barbecue, otherwise known as pork barbecue, my kids were like WTF!!! where's the REAL barbecue, Texas style.. BEEF!.. it's hot but then this is the south and it's going to be hotter in Austin for sure.

@missy thank you for always thinking of me, I hope you saw my msg on instagram :) jaw is meh, but I'm alive! :) I do so hope you are feeling okay.. and your babies and Greg..

@Luvallgems I hope your mom is doing okay..

@junebug17 @Slick1 @marcy @Calliecake @Mamabean and everyone else I am sorry I am cutting this short, have to go get showered etc. Just wanted you all to know I'm here and doing ok.. My jaw hurts, feels like when you have an abscessed tooth with aso getting a wisdom tooth in, ugh but tredging on till I hit up Austin.

love to you all.. haven't take one darn pix! yet.

happ weekend everyone.

Kate:love::love::love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, I hope you are having a great time at the wedding and that you are now pain free. What you have been going through with your mouth is so painful. Reading some of your posts made me cringe, having been through two few mouth surgeries myself. Not fun. Are you feeling better now? Please meet with the oral surgeon in Austin when you are there. Having a good doctor there really is a must considering the amount of time you spend in Austin. I can’t wait to hear all about the wedding. You must be so excited to see everyone.

@Austina, I’ve been thinking of you a lot the past few days. I’m sorry you are going thru this really painful time and @Tekate is right about us never getting enough time with those we love. It’s only natural that everywhere you look in your home reminds you of Dottie. Packing up her things had to be so hard for you and Colin. Please know you gave her a wonderful life and that you were her world too. Please be good to yourself and take care of yourself. Plan things to do out of the house if that helps right now. I would take you dress shopping if you lived nearby @Austina. I’m so sorry you are feeling this pain. As you probably could have have guessed DH and my life also revolves around our fur-baby. I dread the day we too have to face this loss.

@junebug17 , I hope you have a good weekend with DH. Thankfully they found the problem with the furnace before you need to use it. I thought of you the other day while shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding. Why is it so difficult to find a dress for these occasions? I spent less than an hour looking at dresses then went straight for the shoe and handbag departments, which wasn’t helpful in looking for a dress.

@Mamabean, I hope things are getting easier for you and things are going well for your son. Do you have any big weekend planned? Thank you for your honest post regarding being a caretaker to your mom.

@marcy, Your finger looks so bad. Is it beginning to feel better now? I’m sorry things aren’t going great with Marty’s job. Do you notice a big difference with the new phone’s camera?

@bling_dream19 , Your jewelry is gorgeous! What a collection. So pretty and feminine.

What are you baking @av ??? How is work going for you?

@Slick1 , You must be getting so excited. Looking forward to hearing all about the wedding. Are you attending both ceremonies? Enjoy this happy time with your family.

Thinking of you @Scandinavian and sending healing dust to your mom.

@missy, I hope you are having a great weekend. There aren’t many cycling weeks left this season. Enjoy every minute cycling.

@canuk-gal , I hope you had a great week Sharon.

I’ve wrote a couple posts that I’ve lost this past week. You aren’t the only one who has this problem with losing posts @Mamabean. My aunt passed away early this week so I’ve been in a sad mood. It’s also been a reminder that my parents are getting older. I so hope they are here for many more years. We have a family birthday celebration this weekend which will be fun.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Austina - I just pop in from time to time and I saw your post in the pet thread. I am so sorry about Dottie! I wish I had words to comfort you. Dottie was a beautiful girl inside and out which was apparent from the pictures and your description of her. Your picture tribute shows her personality and how happy she was. Dottie had the best home with you and Colin. Hugs across the miles to you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yay! So glad he is doing well! Please tell him he has a bunch of people rooting for him and sending him bucketloads of healing dust. XO.

Oh yes thank you @missy change of plans we are going tomorrow because his daughter said he just got transfused and very tired today. Thank you for all dust and prayers everyone.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy, really gorgeous beach pics! Love the Asbury street art too, such talent. LOL to that license plate! And how cool you saw some whales in the ocean. They are amazing creatures. It's great you've been able to cycle so much lately. The weather has been beautiful.

@Austina, such sweet pics of your beautiful girl...I"m so sorry for your heartache and grief. I know Dottie meant the world to you. My heart hurts for you and I'm keeping you in my thoughts. XOXOX

@marcy, sweet you're getting a new phone. The bank party sounds like it was a nice night out. I'm sure you're glad the weekend is here.

@AV_, the weeks do fly by, don't they? Can't believe it's the weekend already.

@Slick1, feel better soon! Hope you can get some rest this weekend.

@bling_dream19, LOVE your jewelry, just gorgeous! The pink stones are really beautiful. The sea turtles are adorable. I'll post my rings tomorrow. It's great you're at the shore, sounds like you had a busy week and I hope you enjoy a few restful days.

I'm glad your future bil seems to be doing ok and I hope his recovery goes smoothly and he continues doing well. It's nice you and FI are visiting him, I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing you. (((hugs))).

Not much to report here...the heating guy found an issue so has to return next week to repair it. Went to the gym today in the morning, and ran a few errands in the afternoon. Not much going on this weekend - getting my hair done in the morning, will get some dinner with dh. and ds will probably pop in at some point.

Take care all! <3
@junebug17 you are so sweet thank you for your jewelry compliments, means a lot coming from you and YES please post your rings!! I will check on the costco thread too. Hope you had a great day getting your hair done. And thanks for your thoughtful comments for my future bil a d everyone here.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You caught me @missy!

I can't think, let alone plan. I am off to coffee & visit the grocer which tends to be fun - there is something from every garden on his shelves. Then, no ideas. Baking, maybe.

Yum to baking...let us know what you bake. Hope you have a relaxing weekend. Hugs!

Reactions: AV_

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday Saturday to all and especially @missy!
I hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous Saturday! I have the gift of getting to be a mermaid by the beach this weekend.
@marcy thanks for sharing your wedding story. Your day sounds like it was really nice and I love the idea of opening gifts at the reception. I hope your finger is getting better too. I cleaned and organized FI kitchen yesterday, so I channeled my inner marcy lol. We also checked out a gym this morning, it was pretty cool. Hope your husband's gym is working out great and that's soo cool he's going after his dream. Hope you have a nice weekend.
@missy I know you're having lots of fun ik n this gorgeous weather. I think that's a great idea to give your wolf box to your sister. It's fun to buy and I hear you, it's easy to buy more than we need but it's nice to pass it along. And I just love looking at your beautiful beach pics! I'm going to take some pics today.
@Mamabean hope you're having a nice relaxing weekend. I'm wearing all my pink sapphire stuff bc it's still September and I'm cooky like that. I cant wait to see how you repurpose your princess diamonds too. You give to so many people. Jewelry is a beautiful way to give back to ourselves.
@Tekate sounds like you're lots of fun family adventures! I am very fond of pork barbecue with vinegar, make sure you try some, but man I love Texas brisket! Hope you're not in pain and mouth is healing. Salt warm water rinses might help? Hugs.
@Calliecake thank you for your sweet compliment, I strive for my jewelry to be pretty and feminine. I am soo sorry for your aunt passing. Sending you a hug. And I hear you about reminder of parents aging. I have those thoughts and fears too.
@Austina hope you're hanging in there, been thinking about you and am sending you hugs. My sister did a photo collage book of her 2 dogs that passed and that really helped her.

Love and hugs to all and sparkle!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, I am keeping you and Colin in my thoughts. Big hugs to you. Great pictures of sweet Dottie.

Callie, my finger is filling in but not quite enough to leave it uncovered. We were going to have mashed potatoes for supper so I had Marty peel and cut them up for me.

Missy, I will keep you posted on my new phone. It looks like I’ll get it Monday if we can manage to be home when FedEx shows up. I don’t think they’ll let my bears sign for it. I think that’s being kind of rude but no one asked me. ha ha. Free food and drinks is nice. NN is the pain that keeps on giving. We are getting error reports of about 15 things she has listed wrong in our system. I am tempted to put her on a performance plan now rather than wait until annual appraisals. I keep saying I love my car, I love my car. Very cool pictures of Ashbury Street art and of course how exciting you got to see whales. That is on my bucket list. But since I don’t want to be on the ocean I’ll have to enjoy them from the shore like you did. My finger is filling in but still needs a bandage. Funny thing it has a distinct dent for about 5/8 of an inch running down from the dent. I have no idea what caused it. I switched to normal bandages today to get some air in there. It doesn’t hurt a lot but I am aware of it and I still can’t type worth a darn without that finger. We did not have a meeting last night but i was online with a problem at work. Phooey.

Slick1, I hope you are doing well. Off to work is the story of my life. I had to work for about an hour last night and then again this morning. I love my car.

Mamabean, I hope things are going well for you.

BlingDream, I am anxious to see your jewelry. IMO I woud be careful using US on jewelry other than prong mounted. I had several of the small, cheaper US (battery operated) and did manage to loosen or knock out an accent diamond here and there and some were in pieces from that place I buy sapphires in Denver that had well made jewelry. I soak my stuff in jewelry cleaner and use a soft brush if they need scrubbed. I also have a steamer that works great as well. Glad to hear your future BIL is doing well. What a relief. I have a similar Wolf case; it’s nice for traveling. I love your jewelry too; lots of pinks. Too funny you thought of me cleaning and organizing; my parents used to get so mad at me for being such a clean freak. I’d get in trouble for dusting and vacuuming after school because i usually threw out the trash including today’s paper. Oops. It was messy; I assumed it had been read already. Nice you checked out a gym; Marty has about 9 clients right now and seems quite happy with that.

Junebug, I am anxious to get my phone. It shipped earlier than expected. Sweet. Glad to hear your heater will be fixed before it gets cold. It felt like 33 this morning when I was getting gas. I had my wool coat on. Nooooo! Have a nice weekend.

AV, nice to have fresh produce in the store. Around here it’s all trucked in but it’s way better in the summer months.

Kate, that is quite a drive. Sounds like the birthday party went well. Mm cake. We finally have a Panera here but I haven’t tried them yet. I’m with those Texans; ribs are beef to me too. It never dawns on me restaurants have port ribs. I hate to hear your jaw is still hurting. I sure hope it improves for you soon. I can’t wait to hear about the wedding.

Callie, how are you feeling? You are right it is hard to find a dress when you are looking for one; I see things I like all the time when I’m not shopping for something. My finger feels kind of funny right now; more numb that pain. I switched to regular bandages today. I might let it out for air after I put up my laptop. My new camera er I mean phone will show up Monday. I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Big hugs to you.

Worked interfered with my weekend more than I’d like. I’ll make up for it by working less this week. Ha Ha.

I went grocery shopping first thing this morning. I wanted stuff for a bacon, egg and cheese toasted sandwich. I had breakfast then at about 9:30 but it was good. Then I did dishes, lifted and started laundry. We watched the 2019 movie version of Shaft. It was entertaining; typical Samuel L Jackson movie. Now I want to watch the earlier version when he was a policeman. Marty was messing with my puppy and accidentally stepped on his iPad. Smashed it pretty good. Oops. It’s less than a year old and does not have Apple Care. I have Apple Care on my iPad and he has broke 2 now and I haven’t broke one. Never, say never though, huh? I told him he can use my mini for a few days. No one in town has the memory size he wants.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What are you baking @av ??? How is work going for you?

... My aunt passed away early this week so I’ve been in a sad mood. It’s also been a reminder that my parents are getting older. I so hope they are here for many more years. We have a family birthday celebration this weekend which will be fun.

Nothing serious - I did th easiest thing in the world: covered the grill with mussels, sardines, eggplant, peppers & a flatbread on the side; a seriously cured local cheese, almonds and over ripen pears (these things are sweet like candy!) came on the side & I called some lunch, some dinner. This is my favorite stuff & since IDK for them kept from one day to the next, the ops will repeat later today with a little variation - unless I do what @missy does & go for a roundof XL icecream & expresso(s). I will probably do some real baking one of these days, since I do not seem to find a bitter almond cake to fit my bill.

The only news I'll hear is of almonds ripening - for as long as I can. Two aunts very close to me are not young and far and no fans of talking with people in any other way than face to face; if I cannot go to them, we'll never meet again ,( Then, there are so few friends of my parents still around - some younger than they were, fingers crossed, one just turned ninety and I also could not go to the very celebrated day!

AV, nice to have fresh produce in the store. Around here it’s all trucked in but it’s way better in the summer months.

It would be much more tricky to get these things 'in town' - half an hour drive away, and Granada is bordered by villages with working gardens on all sides. I have always been quite the stickler for this kind of good food, if not too interested in complicated recipes more than ten times a year [I'll ever remember it seems, finding a decent tomato at a farmers' market in Cambridge after a whole summer without a single one - & eating the whole pound of it standing on the sidewalk, not unnoticed.]

Yum to baking...let us know what you bake. Hope you have a relaxing weekend. Hugs!

I've left Saturday drift by & now a stack of papers I need to go through look as tempting as cake; they'll wait, I shall think!

-

Will catch up

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry about your aunt @Calliecake, I hope she had a peaceful passing. I too hope your parents are around for many years to come. Thank you for your kind words about Dottie. From the moment we saw her photos, those big sad eyes and brown nose, we were completely in love with her. All the pain is worth the 6 1/2 years she was with us, and we’d do it again,

Thank you @Poodles4me, she was a sweet brave girl, and we miss her terribly.

Thank you @Tekate, we know this awful gut wrenching pain will pass eventually. I hope your trip is going well.

I hope you’re enjoying your weekend @AV_ did you decide on anything to bake?

Adam has just got the new iPhone @marcy and he loves it. This means Colin & I will be getting an ‘upgrade’ courtesy of him recycling his old phone to Kim, her phone to me, and my phone to Colin :D I hope your finger is continuing to heal well. Ugh to NN and her screw ups infringing in your weekend.

Thanks @bling_dream19 nothing is helping at the moment, we’re trying to keep busy to fill the time.

Been a terrible year for our NIRDI babies @junebug17. How’re you doing?

I like to think that all our pups and kitties are young and pain free again too @Mamabean. I hope you’re having a stress free weekend after your long drive.

How’re things @missy, are the kitties doing ok? You’ve really covered the miles this year, so fortunate that with everything that’s been going on, you’ve had such great weather to be able to get out and enjoy it. All those different flavours of ice cream you’ve been able to try, :lickout: It’s been lovely to see all the beautiful photos so we could enjoy the scenery with you. We’ve been having torrential rain the last couple of days, and it’s been pretty cool first thing and late evening here.

I washed all Dottie’s toys yesterday, not that she played with them much, she really didn’t know how to play, her time as a pup should’ve been full of fun, but was just full of fear.

We’re desperately trying to fill our time, but it’s proving difficult when a large part of it centred around her needs. I’m sorry to wallow, we just miss her so much :cry2:

I hope you’re all having a good weekend. :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina Thank you for asking! I am off to the icecream shop taking some reading along. Time flies, filled or unfilled (my thing is a marzipan filling). I hope you do not have to live without a dog ,(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Funday Sunday.

@Tekate I am glad you are feeling somewhat better but hope that jaw stops bothering you and fully heals. Glad Mike and Alicia's birhtdays were fun and you are with your wonderful family. No worries re photos. I am sure you will be taking many and I look forward to seeing them. I hope it won't be too hot in Austin. It is going to hit 90s here mid week. That is too hot but we shall see which way the wind is blowing and the humid levels as that makes all the difference in terms of comfort. Sending continued healing hugs and love your way Kate the Great and wise. (((Hugs))).

@marcy glad your finger isn't bothering you and that it is filling in but sorry about the dent. My surgical finger is still bent weird and still swollen over 6 months later if you can believe it. Our bodies heal on their own time schedule. Boo to NN being the pain she loves to be and not even being good at her job either. I mean if you are going to be a pain at least excel at what you do so people can put up with your nonsense. But she isn't good at what she does and she complains the whole time while doing it. :confused2:

How exciting you are getting your new phone tomorrow. Cannot wait to hear your thoughts. You are invited here to watch the whales anytime Marcy. From our backyard if you want. It's beautiful here and despite the reason we are here it really is lovely waking up to the sounds and smells of the sea and going to bed with the sounds and smells of the sea and cycling by the sea. Just walking on the beach. It can be blissful. Of course I would like RW gate to be over so we can all take a deep breath of relief. It has been challenging but thankfully some sweet times in between too.

Sorry about Marty stepping on his iPad but I can attest to the fact that Apple Care rocks. They fixed my laptop in a day and a half and it cost us nothing. How often can we say something like that? Hope the iPad is fixed soon. And haha no your Teddy bears cannot sign for your new iPhone. That would be sweet indeed though I wouldn't trust the killer bunnies not to do mischief with it if you kwim. Speaking of bunnies my nieces have a new furry addition to their family. This is for you Marcy. Hope is a sweet bunny. Not a killer but a lover. Hugs to you Marcy.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 5.11.02 AM.png

@bling_dream19 hope your visit with FI's BIL goes well today and that he is healing and feeling good. It's going to be another gorgeous day though temps I think will be cooler. Maybe we will see you while we are cycling...are you going back home tomorrow or staying another day? Woohoo for getting to enjoy being a mermaid by the beach. Love mermaids. Love the sand and the sea. And love this extended summer weather. Sweet. Thank you for enjoying my photos. Sometimes I feel like I am posting too many photos and it's nice to know someone is enjoying them. I cannot wait to see what photos you take. And I agree. Jewelry is a lovely way to give back to ourselves and do something nice for ourselves. Though I do love it when Greg wants to buy me something blingy. He knows better not to pick it out himself though. Haha. What can I say. We teach our men well and they are smart cookies. (((Hugs))). And speaking of cookies @AV_ what are you baking for us? Yummmm

@AV_ yes please do enjoy some ice cream. We have been having so much yet I never seem to tire of eating ice cream. Never. And neither does Greg who enjoyed a large from Days yesterday. And it is large.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.54.32 AM.png

It was another glorious weather day. Unseasonably warm but just delicious.
Greg sneaked a photo during a quick bathroom break while I was waiting for him.
It was a white cycling pants day. That's how warm it was.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.56.40 AM.png

@Mamabean how is your weekend going sweet Joanne? (((Hugs))).

@Poodles4me hello, I hope all is well by you. It is always nice to see you here. XO

@Scandinavian thinking of you and more dust your mom's way. XO.

@Slick1 hope you are having a wonderful weekend and feeling well. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying a good weekend. XO.

@Calliecake so sorry about your Aunt's passing and glad you can enjoy a happy family occasion. It's a good way to celebrate loved ones who are here and remember loved ones who are gone. Life is too short and precious and hard and we need to rejoice in the happy.

@Austina Greg and I are keeping you in our thoughts and I know there are no words to ease your sadness. Torrential downpours to match your tears. I know the pain is intense. I feel it for you. I mourn with you. I am so very sorry. The shock of how sudden it was combined with the love you have for her. Missing her and just wanting her back. To hug and to love. Perhaps it helps knowing you are not alone in your pain. My heart goes out to you and I am sending warm gentle hugs your way. I hope you find solace in the love you shared with Dottie and the wonderful life you gave her. (((Hugs))).

As for sharing here and talking about Dottie and sharing your experiences please continue to do so if it brings you some peace. I know for me it did and does. Talking about my babies. Francesca and the others. I find sharing my feelings help and if you find the same please do share. We are here for you Austina. Not just for the happy and joyous but for the challenging and sad. Always here for you. Online or off. (((HUGS))).

Thanks for asking about my cats. You have so much on your plate I will not add to that burden. Suffice to say we are continuing to take things one day at a time. Bobby has new areas and I am distressed but holding it together. And thankful for true friends like you who really care and have not abandoned me during this challenging time despite all you are going through. Sending you lots of love and hugs dear Austina.

We had a good cycling day and the weather was beautiful. Hoping for more of the same today though it will be cooler. I enjoy the change in temps as long as they are not too extreme. Or course in the NE we don't get to choose and we will take the good days we get with gratitude and make the best of the less than nice weather days. Winter is coming and the short days and cold temps make it my least favorite season. But enjoying this gorgeous weather while it lasts. Speaking of gorgeous I will share some Oliver photos with you from just now. He is a sweet baby despite the havoc he has brought upon our household.They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We shall see. Not sure we are going to make it out alive from this. JK. I hope...

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.57.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.57.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.57.04 AM.png

That's all. Have a good Sunday lovely ladies.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, cooking on the grill is my favorite; quite tasty and less dishes. Really good tomatoes and peaches are the best.

Austina, I am keeping you and Colin in my thoughts; I know this is really hard. May the many happy years with her give you some comfort. I am glad to hear Adam likes his new phone. Too funny all of you get the hand-me-down phones. My sister and her kids do the same thing. My finger is better but the numbness is strange. I am hoping once I can leave the bandage off it will improve; the only thing I can see is it’s still filling in. It doesn’t look infected.

Missy, sorry to hear your finger is still bent and swollen. Our body’s do have a mind of their own. I am quire anxious to get my phone. I hope we can work out being here when FedEx shows up. Wish they sent you a text saying we’ll be at your place in 15 minutes. I am glad you have such a wonderful place to live while dealing with RW gate. I read your RW thread since it has more info how things are going. We tend to get Apple Care for me but Marty never thinks he needs it. I have yet to use mine but he would have used it twice now. You are right the rabbits would be mischievous with my phone. They usually open my packages and claim my goods for their own. Your niece and her bunny Hope are very cute. Thank you for the hugs; hugs right back at you. Ollie is sure growing and is such a cutie. Yes, colder days are coming. As of last night a place in Montana already had 4 feet of snow.

Not much going on here this morning. We watched John Wick 3 last night; it was okay but I kept thinking the poor guy needs to be left alone long enough to take a shower and get a change of clothes. We are meeting my sister and BIL for lunch in Colorado shortly and the may head another 30 miles to pick up some used weights that are for sale.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is what an iPad that has been stepped on looks like.
IMG_0751.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ensconced in heavy wet snow. Needless to say I am very unhappy.sad :(( Too much and far too early.
@missy your pictures of your cycling look wonderful--I am jealous of your weather!

Shout out to NIRDI's:wavey:

cheerless--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes thank you @missy change of plans we are going tomorrow because his daughter said he just got transfused and very tired today. Thank you for all dust and prayers everyone.

My FI's sister said he's sleeping lots today and not up for visitors. I totally understand and rest is what's most important. My dad always says, see people when they're well not just when sick. So, I keep that in my mind .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My FI's sister said he's sleeping lots today and not up for visitors. I totally understand and rest is what's most important. My dad always says, see people when they're well not just when sick. So, I keep that in my mind .

So true. When adverse events occur one finds out who one's true friends are. Those who visit (and know when not to visit too) and call and care about their friend's welfare. Those who are not just there in happy times. A true friend is there for good and bad. I believe (for the most part) happiness shared is happiness doubled and sorrow shared is sorrow halved. Hope your future BIL is feeling better soon and up for your visit. May his rest be restorative and may he heal fully and his recovery go smoothly. He is lucky to have you and your FI on his side rooting for him and there for him. Having loved ones there for you helps with healing. Of that I am sure.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM girls! Happy Funday Sunday.

@Tekate I am glad you are feeling somewhat better but hope that jaw stops bothering you and fully heals. Glad Mike and Alicia's birhtdays were fun and you are with your wonderful family. No worries re photos. I am sure you will be taking many and I look forward to seeing them. I hope it won't be too hot in Austin. It is going to hit 90s here mid week. That is too hot but we shall see which way the wind is blowing and the humid levels as that makes all the difference in terms of comfort. Sending continued healing hugs and love your way Kate the Great and wise. (((Hugs))).

@marcy glad your finger isn't bothering you and that it is filling in but sorry about the dent. My surgical finger is still bent weird and still swollen over 6 months later if you can believe it. Our bodies heal on their own time schedule. Boo to NN being the pain she loves to be and not even being good at her job either. I mean if you are going to be a pain at least excel at what you do so people can put up with your nonsense. But she isn't good at what she does and she complains the whole time while doing it. :confused2:

How exciting you are getting your new phone tomorrow. Cannot wait to hear your thoughts. You are invited here to watch the whales anytime Marcy. From our backyard if you want. It's beautiful here and despite the reason we are here it really is lovely waking up to the sounds and smells of the sea and going to bed with the sounds and smells of the sea and cycling by the sea. Just walking on the beach. It can be blissful. Of course I would like RW gate to be over so we can all take a deep breath of relief. It has been challenging but thankfully some sweet times in between too.

Sorry about Marty stepping on his iPad but I can attest to the fact that Apple Care rocks. They fixed my laptop in a day and a half and it cost us nothing. How often can we say something like that? Hope the iPad is fixed soon. And haha no your Teddy bears cannot sign for your new iPhone. That would be sweet indeed though I wouldn't trust the killer bunnies not to do mischief with it if you kwim. Speaking of bunnies my nieces have a new furry addition to their family. This is for you Marcy. Hope is a sweet bunny. Not a killer but a lover. Hugs to you Marcy.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 5.11.02 AM.png

@bling_dream19 hope your visit with FI's BIL goes well today and that he is healing and feeling good. It's going to be another gorgeous day though temps I think will be cooler. Maybe we will see you while we are cycling...are you going back home tomorrow or staying another day? Woohoo for getting to enjoy being a mermaid by the beach. Love mermaids. Love the sand and the sea. And love this extended summer weather. Sweet. Thank you for enjoying my photos. Sometimes I feel like I am posting too many photos and it's nice to know someone is enjoying them. I cannot wait to see what photos you take. And I agree. Jewelry is a lovely way to give back to ourselves and do something nice for ourselves. Though I do love it when Greg wants to buy me something blingy. He knows better not to pick it out himself though. Haha. What can I say. We teach our men well and they are smart cookies. (((Hugs))). And speaking of cookies @AV_ what are you baking for us? Yummmm

@AV_ yes please do enjoy some ice cream. We have been having so much yet I never seem to tire of eating ice cream. Never. And neither does Greg who enjoyed a large from Days yesterday. And it is large.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.54.32 AM.png

It was another glorious weather day. Unseasonably warm but just delicious.
Greg sneaked a photo during a quick bathroom break while I was waiting for him.
It was a white cycling pants day. That's how warm it was.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.56.40 AM.png

@Mamabean how is your weekend going sweet Joanne? (((Hugs))).

@Poodles4me hello, I hope all is well by you. It is always nice to see you here. XO

@Scandinavian thinking of you and more dust your mom's way. XO.

@Slick1 hope you are having a wonderful weekend and feeling well. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying a good weekend. XO.

@Calliecake so sorry about your Aunt's passing and glad you can enjoy a happy family occasion. It's a good way to celebrate loved ones who are here and remember loved ones who are gone. Life is too short and precious and hard and we need to rejoice in the happy.

@Austina Greg and I are keeping you in our thoughts and I know there are no words to ease your sadness. Torrential downpours to match your tears. I know the pain is intense. I feel it for you. I mourn with you. I am so very sorry. The shock of how sudden it was combined with the love you have for her. Missing her and just wanting her back. To hug and to love. Perhaps it helps knowing you are not alone in your pain. My heart goes out to you and I am sending warm gentle hugs your way. I hope you find solace in the love you shared with Dottie and the wonderful life you gave her. (((Hugs))).

As for sharing here and talking about Dottie and sharing your experiences please continue to do so if it brings you some peace. I know for me it did and does. Talking about my babies. Francesca and the others. I find sharing my feelings help and if you find the same please do share. We are here for you Austina. Not just for the happy and joyous but for the challenging and sad. Always here for you. Online or off. (((HUGS))).

Thanks for asking about my cats. You have so much on your plate I will not add to that burden. Suffice to say we are continuing to take things one day at a time. Bobby has new areas and I am distressed but holding it together. And thankful for true friends like you who really care and have not abandoned me during this challenging time despite all you are going through. Sending you lots of love and hugs dear Austina.

We had a good cycling day and the weather was beautiful. Hoping for more of the same today though it will be cooler. I enjoy the change in temps as long as they are not too extreme. Or course in the NE we don't get to choose and we will take the good days we get with gratitude and make the best of the less than nice weather days. Winter is coming and the short days and cold temps make it my least favorite season. But enjoying this gorgeous weather while it lasts. Speaking of gorgeous I will share some Oliver photos with you from just now. He is a sweet baby despite the havoc he has brought upon our household.They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We shall see. Not sure we are going to make it out alive from this. JK. I hope...

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.57.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.57.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 4.57.04 AM.png

That's all. Have a good Sunday lovely ladies.

Happy Sunday Funday to all! It really is a beautiful day to be a mermaid by the sea! Super cute pics of your niece with new bunny. And adorable pics of sweet Oliver. Yes, you're going to come out of this stronger. You already are. And another cute pic of you on the bike! It looks really comfortable and perfect to take in the scenery=)2. Heading back tomorrow and so sorry we didn't run into each other. But hopefully next time! Thinking about you @Austina and filling in the time. Cooking also helps take my mind off of painful things too.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday:wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
So true. When adverse events occur one finds out who one's true friends are. Those who visit (and know when not to visit too) and call and care about their friend's welfare. Those who are not just there in happy times. A true friend is there for good and bad. I believe (for the most part) happiness shared is happiness doubled and sorrow shared is sorrow halved. Hope your future BIL is feeling better soon and up for your visit. May his rest be restorative and may he heal fully and his recovery go smoothly. He is lucky to have you and your FI on his side rooting for him and there for him. Having loved ones there for you helps with healing. Of that I am sure.

Thanks Missy - you have a way with words and write really well, from the heart. I love the part about happiness doubled and sorrow halved, going to keep that in my heart. Thanks for all of your kind words and wisdom. I am sure FI will be visiting him this week. I hope you're having a great day! Hugs=)2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, how much snow did you get (or probably still getting). We just got back from Colorado and all of our neighbors are blowing out their sprinklers. Marty waits until a big storm is coming.

Bling Dream, sometimes sick people aren't up for company. When we visit someone in the hospital we just spend 5 or 10 minutes unless they seem to be receptive to company. I had hernia surgery a long time ago as an outpatient. Marty took off several days to help me out at home. The next day my parents, my sister and 2 girl friends were all hovering around our small living room to take care of me. All I wanted to do was rest and watch TV; but the hostess in me then felt like I should be entertaining everyone. I kept offering them food, drinks, carrying on conversations so they continued to stay. Then I made the mistake of renting a movie to watch and everyone stayed to watch the movie. Poor Marty hung out in our den all day playing games on the computer because there was no room for him to set in the living room. That was definitely too much company post surgery although I did totally appreciate them all caring enough to be there for me.

Lunch with my sister was good. We picked up Marty's 45 pound weights and got home a little bit ago.

Marcy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Sharon, how much snow did you get (or probably still getting). We just got back from Colorado and all of our neighbors are blowing out their sprinklers. Marty waits until a big storm is coming.

Bling Dream, sometimes sick people aren't up for company. When we visit someone in the hospital we just spend 5 or 10 minutes unless they seem to be receptive to company. I had hernia surgery a long time ago as an outpatient. Marty took off several days to help me out at home. The next day my parents, my sister and 2 girl friends were all hovering around our small living room to take care of me. All I wanted to do was rest and watch TV; but the hostess in me then felt like I should be entertaining everyone. I kept offering them food, drinks, carrying on conversations so they continued to stay. Then I made the mistake of renting a movie to watch and everyone stayed to watch the movie. Poor Marty hung out in our den all day playing games on the computer because there was no room for him to set in the living room. That was definitely too much company post surgery although I did totally appreciate them all caring enough to be there for me.

Lunch with my sister was good. We picked up Marty's 45 pound weights and got home a little bit ago.

Marcy

@marcy I agree completely and totally understand. It's hard to rest when people are around. And what you described you went through would have driven me crazy! So is it cold where you are? We enjoying the last few days of summer. @canuk-gal wow cant believe you're getting snow!
Hope everyone is relaxing :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, @marcy we were "planning" to have our sprinklers blown out this week...….it is predicted the City will receive anywhere from 15-25 cms. Don't actually know what has accumulated but it isn't stopping until tomorrow afternoon. Then warm and sunny? Last Sunday I got a sunburn sitting on a patio, having supper in 23C! I cannot believe this either!!

cheers--Sharon

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling Dream, it was cold here yesterday but it's back up in the 60's today. They had some awful car accidents about 24 miles out of town yesterday in some really dense fog. It looked like some of our winter blizzard photos. Glad you are enjoying your last days of summer. What state / area do you live in?

Sharon, that is a lot of snow for the first snow of the season. I saw some photos from Montana last night that showed the patio table going from 2 feet of snow on it, to 3 feet to 4 feet. Winter is starting with a vengeance. Stay safe and warm.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good morning NIRDI

I keep waking up too early & this is getting in the way of my usual night owl schedule; people expect me alive late evenings & I am failing them these days.

@marcy , @canuk-gal Snow! NO! I am not ready & will not be for a month, fingers crossed.

@bling_dream19 There is so much change in your life! I so wish for no more of it on my side; I barely feel I am growing roots after four years living in Granada; new language, new life & even in a place I had loved for a long time all the news drained me ,( - & this is how I've ended up on NIRDI.

on with the day

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy (I hope) Monday.

OMG to snow. @canuk-gal and @marcy oh I am sorry! It is too early for snow.
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif
Sharon and Marcy you are invited here anytime. We are having a heat wave. It's going to hit 90s in a couple of days if the meteorologists are correct.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif
Wow. Crazy weather indeed.

@marcy hope your workday goes well. I am glad you had a good weekend and that you enjoyed lunch with your sister. Marty needs to get Apple Care. It would have paid for itself by now I think. Is your new iPhone coming today? Hugs.

@canuk-gal hope the temps warm up and the snow melts and you get some beautiful days to come before winter takes hold. Sending you sunny vibes. And hugs.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

@Austina I am keeping you in my thoughts. And sending gentle (((hugs))) your way.

@bling_dream19 have a good trip back and glad you enjoyed a lovely weekend by the sand and sea. Hope to see you soon. Days is only open for 2 more weekends. Have a good week and enjoy your beautiful new bling. XOXO

@AV_ I hear you re getting up too early and it interfering with your night owl schedule. I used to be a night owl and now look at me. In fact my best friend Tom and I were chatting on the phone yesterday afternoon reminiscing about how I used to stay out dancing all night and not go to sleep til 6AM and sleep all morning. Oh those were the days. I hope being on NIRDI helps re-energizes you and gives you joy. We are so glad you are here with us. Hope your Monday is off to a lovely start. Hugs.

@Slick1 good morning. Have a lovely Monday. Hugs.

@Scandinavian thinking of you and sending love your way. Hugs.

@Mamabean how was your weekend? XOXO

@Tekate how are you doing? How is your jaw? Thinking of you and sending more healing dust your way. XOXO.
Hi to everyone else. Hope all had a good weekend and are off to a nice start for the week.

We cycled 60 plus miles yesterday and it was another wonderful day. Gorgeous bright weather and enjoying the sea and cycling and ice cream with my sweet love. A beautiful weekend.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 4.55.30 AM.png
Gorgeous clouds

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 4.55.18 AM.png
Kite flying

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 4.54.46 AM.png
Sunny beautiful day

And of course Days Ice Cream. Yummm. Wish all the NIRDIs were here to enjoy this with us.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 4.55.43 AM.png

Have a good morning girls. We have a busy busy morning. Shampooing the cats, cleaning and disinfecting and Greg has to bring the car to the dealer for regularly scheduled maintenance. And hoping to ride as well later if we can. Have a good day lovely ladies.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @bling_dream19 I missed the post about FI’s brother. I hope he makes a good recovery and you’re able to visit soon. I hope you had a lovely dinner out on Friday and enjoyed your weekend.

Oh no @marcy, sorry Bigfoot killed his IPad :cool2: I hope he can get it fixed without it being too costly. Glad you met up with your sister for lunch and were able to collect the weight and get home safely. Yikes, snow at this time of the year, I know you must be used to it, but oy, we’re complaining because it’s a bit cool in the morning and evenings. I hope things are going well at the gym.

You must be mad busy this week @Slick1, final preparations for the big day, it seems to have come round really quickly. I hope you all have a wonderful, memorable day, and I wish the happy couple many years together filled with love and good things.

How’re things with you @Tekate, I really hope your pain has gone now and things are healing up in your mouth? You’ve really been through the mill with it, but I know when you see little Autie’s smiling face, you will instantly feel better.

Keep warm and safe @canuk-gal.

Oh no to not sleeping @AV_ it’s hard to break the habit once you get in to it.

How’s your weekend been @Mamabean , hope it was a good one.

Your weather looks beautiful @missy. We’ve had a fair bit of rain over the last couple of days, the grass needed it, but it’s gone crazy. Looks like you had a lovely ride yesterday, perfect weather and of course delicious ice cream at the end of it. Your busy days are crazy, you must be feeling so tired. Hope all goes well with the car check up and they don’t find anything wrong.

I forgot to tell you, that on the way to vet on Thursday afternoon, there was a sign, a big rainbow in the sky to take our girl on her final journey :(2

We have cleaned and polished the kitchen and orangery floors, but I’m not quite ready to wipe off the ‘nose art’ on the bifold door where she’d sit on her bed and look out in to the garden.

Richard is here, he’s got the old tiles off, disconnected the sink, and removed that in the utility room, and is getting ready to cut the new top before replumbing the sink. So far, no problems, let’s hope it stays that way.

Have a great day lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Our snowfall hit records....24.6 cms. Unbelievable. And Missy is enjoying 90F! Crazy weather.

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone...I've fallen behind but I'll do my best to catch up..

@missy, your niece's rabbit is adorable!! and your niece is just such a lovely young woman. Oliver is a sweetheart :love: I'm sorry Bobby is showing new spots and I hope it's not RW. I was glad to read in the RW thread that the kitties are currently eating, and I hope this RW outbreak is over for you soon. I hope they do ok today with their baths, and I hope all goes well with the car check-up. Lovely pics of the beach, hopefully this nice weather will continue for a while so you can get some more cycling in.

@AV_, hope you found some delicious and interesting things at the grocer. The meal you put together sounds good! It's very cool that you live in a place where there are almond trees. Almond flour has become popular here in the US due to being low in carbs and gluten free. I made bread with it recently and it was ok but I found another recipe that I think will be better.

@marcy, oh no to Marty stepping on his ipad, I'm sure he was not happy...was he able to find a replacement that will work for him? Lunch with your sister sounds like a nice day out, glad you had a good time (in spite of some probable residual annoyance about the book LOL...sometimes you just have to let things slide...can you tell I've been there :P2)

@Tekate, glad to hear you're having a great time with your family, sounds like a lot of fun and it's always so nice to spend time with the kids...but very sorry about the pain...sending lots of healing vibes. XOX

@Austina, I'm so sorry for your pain and emptiness, I know Dottie was such a big part of your life. Thinking of you and sending love during this really difficult time. XXX. I'm doing well, but still missing my Zoe, thank you for asking. <3

@Calliecake, I know, dress shopping is exhausting...I have 2 weddings coming up and I'm going to wear something I already have because I just can't bear the thought of roaming around department stores trying to find something. I agree, shoes and purses are much more fun lol.

@canuk-gal, ugh to snow! It's just too darn early. Hopefully the temps go up and it melts quickly.

I am so sorry about the loss of your aunt, such a difficult thing for everyone to deal with and I understand feeling down and sad about it. Thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort.<3

@bling_dream19, thinking of your future bil and hoping he's doing ok... he's been through a lot so it's understandable he wouldn't be feeling up for company right now - sometimes people aren't up for visitors until they're feeling a little better. I'm sorry your family is going through this.

Glad you were able to spend the weekend at the beach, and sending good thoughts for a smooth workweek. <3

Yesterday ds ended up having band practice here with his HS buddies...I've known them for a long time and have a soft spot for them so it was good to see them all. Afterward we did take-out and watched some football and ds stayed over. Just got back from the gym so I should take a shower and get my act together...have to get to the tailor, pick up my contacts, and go for a dental cleaning this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a good day XOXOX

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Silly Snow. We just ended up with cold weather here.

AV, it’s good you have developed roots there. It sounds like a lovely place.

Missy, yes, Apple care would have paid for itself by now. Who am I to point out such things though? Marty considers me the klutzy one; which I am so I am very careful with my electronics. I did drop a laptop or 2 in my day and did some serious damage. That is why I became more careful. Yes, my phone came today and I love it so far. Gorgeous day for riding and ice looks fabulous.

Austina, Marty’s bigfoot did a complete number on that iPad; not only was the glass broken but it’s bent now too. We ordered him a new one already. Apple Care would have been nice. Marty is busy with his gym so that is nice. That was a sign seeing that rainbow. I hope the sink installation goes well.

Sharon, as I said above - Stupid snow. Hopefully it melts soon.

Junebug, yes I can tell you’ve been there when you just have to let things slide. I am growing rather tired of that with NN; I was so mad at her today I could have screamed. Nothing but mistakes. Marty ordered a new iPad from Apple. How fun to catch up with DS and some of his HS friends. Sounds like fun. I hope you got a good report card at the dentist.

I was cranky today. NN had 4 sheets of paper on her desk from me to fix these issues. She redid them and yet I found about 12 more mistakes still present 5 minutes before we left so I handed them over to her then. Oh well.

I ran home about 1:30 and waited for my phone. So far I like it.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results