clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG just got back from a wonderful ride as the sun stayed in so it wasn't too warm and we saw a gorgeous baby deer. A buck. Right up close and personal. He is so sweet. I am in love. Just a sweet baby deer.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 12.24.01 PM.png

I took a video and will try sharing it here later. Hello to everyone and hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Friday.

@Mamabean glad you are safe and sound and cool in Maryland. Thank you for the lovely compliments. Yes that is Tommy. And LOL against Greg's advice I did all white and do not regret it at all. It definitely fits our aesthetic though it is challenging keeping pristine with 4 kitties. But I always say I'd rather a house that is messy with love and animals vs a clean neat home that is sterile with no animal love.

Aww I am sorry your ring won't be here by Monday but it will be worth the wait!

Hi @AV_ !
@missy I am smiling at your pictures of Ollie, every sensation of cuddling a young cat comming back to the tips of my fingers ,) (soft sharp bites & tentative pawing & the impossible twists they can do! - might recall kitten claws too, a very rare sight... since nobody seemed to use them intently - kittens are born polite!)

Today is slipping from under me somehow - just as well that this is a Friday.

LOL not this kitty. He has drawn blood from his nails on my skin on more than one occasion. He hasn't gotten the polite kitty memo I guess. :lol::oops2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy HI Marcy! nope the bathroom people no show, no call. I have two words for them. We are moving on, who wants unreliable help? no one. Thank you for asking! OH WOW on Glacier National Park, beautiful! you live in such a beautiful area of America, aside from snow which is a pain, it's majestic where you are :mrgreen: and of course you are a good wife, that is a good trick that Marty did, I've done that too, I can't cook rice to save my life anymore - always too mushy or too hard, I can do rice a roni! have a great day.

@missy Hi sweetie!!! I wonder if Costco would have had an album(s).. either they have 100000K of them or none. Sorry about BB&B Missy, if they don't have them it's a lost art I guess, I know you can get them on Amazon but have to wait to go back to the city, I can remember seeing albums galore at BB&B, how about Walmart? I know it's a crummy place but they used to sell pic frames.

Missy 2X now Chris has said to me that he NEVER thought it would be hot in NYC. Now I told him several times that as a young girl I used to sit on the fire escape in Bronx, I loved it and I would be you that it wasn't as hot as now. Chris has A/C, but in his part of Williamsburg there are no near Parks, at Danny's in Clinton Hill there is a huge park right down the street. Chris was almost 6 when we moved to Austin from Raleigh so I'm surprised he thinks it's hot in the city, I'm sure if one doesn't get a train to work that isn't A/Ced then it sucks. He's already talking about in a year or two looking for a job in Euroland! I say GREAT but not only is it hot over there imho there is LESS A/C. But this millenial of mine is getting there career wise in his head I think anyway.

I dunno Missy the Out standing Oliver and the Beautiful Bubbalah makes my day, great pix.. love it.

@AV_ the pin is classically beautiful, I wonder what @Jimmianne thinks of the price, I know Jimmi is a good shopper. Getting close to evening for you AV, have a great weekend. xo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne, I couldn't do a lot of stairs with groceries, both my hips have been replaced and while I can walk really well, thank you Dr Jack Seaquist at Austin Regional Clinic, my balance is never perfect, I have always felt off since I have had the operations, like one leg doesn't go in unison with the other BUT it is so much better than before, PAIN CITY. :)

UPDATE: the tiler lady just called, they are coming in an hour! we shall see.

Back to you Joanne, I think it's wonderful you can blow one house off if something goes wrong like A/C! Oh I wish my DIL would have made me an album of her wedding, I can't even find the pix online anymore to buy some. When I see her next week I am going to ask her if I can get one of her and Mike and one of the 5 of us.

Joanne I think the miligrain is very classy and it's going to really pop your gorgeous stone. I got an email from Jewelers Mutual asking me to vote on something but I haven't read it thru yet, do you use JM? I find the quick, fast and easy, they love your money! I hope I never ever have to use them.

Good luck this weekend on your son and 'friend', sounds wonderful Joanne, you have good sons, they love their mom and it shows, like Junie, her kids are swell too. (of course my 2 boys are too but I don't want to sound like I'm bragging ;-) )

Have a great weekend @Mamabean xo

@Calliecake how are you and what are your weekend plans? if have any, I always felt happy when all I had to do was read a book on the hot weekends in Texas. Hope you are feeling good Callie. xoxoxo

@ringo865 saw your happy ring lady! you look healthy and I am happy for you, I hope you drop in once and a while to give updates on surgery, sending you support as a woman to a woman, I believe in the best medicine we can get and I believe in being a friend because next week I may be standing up, who knows, as women we should be as supportive anytime one of us is facing cancer (or whatever it is in life) and I do love men, but their medicine has always been geared for men not women and being men they get taken seriously more often. So sending you strength, take mine cause I have tons I think. xo

@junebug17 Hi June, I hope you are having a wonderful day, do you have a pool in the Jersey home? if not, you have the SHORE! have a lovely weekend Junie xoxo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon!

@mrs-b I too echo @Mamabean with her comments to you, so GLAD Mrs B, so glad for you. xoxo

@Slick1 GREAT time to be at the shore girl! xo

@Scandinavian hope mom is okay, waiting to hear how it all went down with insurance and the guy backing accidently into your home and bike. hope all kids and furkids are having a good weekend Scandi. xoxo

We are not doing anything except cleaning up (cleaners come Tuesday tho), getting the car cleaned etc as we leave Friday morning on the trek to Austin. We rented the same gatehouse that we did the last time we were there for one week and we are staying the 2nd week with my best friend ever Kath and Jim her hubby. My friend Anne has a house in Wyoming that she goes to in the summer and fall so she's not in Austin now, I have a friend Jackie in Lakeway I will see and long story short, I had a friend in Austin and she pissed me off and I unfriended her 7 years ago (I mean I WAS in the right and who has time for people who don't reply after asking them several times if they are coming for my party! she had done this at least 3X to me, I said bye).. so anyway she sent me a message on Facebook and a friend and said she missed me and our friendship, so me being the nicest (not ha) person said I was sorry and that I missed her too (and I did), when our friend died of a pulmonary embolism both she and were distraught to the point of almost going out of my mind, seriously, her too, we were good friends the 3 of us, very good, anyway, time heals all wounds my mother said so I guess that is true, but I know my heart feels a bit less heavy having Pam back as a friend, long story sorry!

happy Friday ladies of the NIRDI!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi sweetie!!! I wonder if Costco would have had an album(s).. either they have 100000K of them or none. Sorry about BB&B Missy, if they don't have them it's a lost art I guess, I know you can get them on Amazon but have to wait to go back to the city, I can remember seeing albums galore at BB&B, how about Walmart? I know it's a crummy place but they used to sell pic frames.

Missy 2X now Chris has said to me that he NEVER thought it would be hot in NYC. Now I told him several times that as a young girl I used to sit on the fire escape in Bronx, I loved it and I would be you that it wasn't as hot as now. Chris has A/C, but in his part of Williamsburg there are no near Parks, at Danny's in Clinton Hill there is a huge park right down the street. Chris was almost 6 when we moved to Austin from Raleigh so I'm surprised he thinks it's hot in the city, I'm sure if one doesn't get a train to work that isn't A/Ced then it sucks. He's already talking about in a year or two looking for a job in Euroland! I say GREAT but not only is it hot over there imho there is LESS A/C. But this millenial of mine is getting there career wise in his head I think anyway.

I dunno Missy the Out standing Oliver and the Beautiful Bubbalah makes my day, great pix.. love it.

Thank you Kate! Yes I ordered 2 albums on Amazon and they ship here for us. I have been ordering every day on Amazon lol. We ship wherever we are. I also need frames and will see if Costco has those but if not frames are easy to get.

Oh yes it is super hot in NYC and getting hotter all the time. I need to move some place more temperate. I hope Chris is keeping comfortable. Even if there was a park nearby it will be too hot the next couple of days. Tell him to stay inside and drink lots of water. And lol yes in Europe it might be more challenging finding AC. My girlfriend lives in England and she spent a night or two in her car with the AC running it was so hot. This was a few years ago and I remember being upset with her for taking the risk but she said it was too hot to remain in her house to sleep.

Thanks for the lovely Oliver and Bubbalah compliments.

We are not doing anything except cleaning up (cleaners come Tuesday tho), getting the car cleaned etc as we leave Friday morning on the trek to Austin. We rented the same gatehouse that we did the last time we were there for one week and we are staying the 2nd week with my best friend ever Kath and Jim her hubby. My friend Anne has a house in Wyoming that she goes to in the summer and fall so she's not in Austin now, I have a friend Jackie in Lakeway I will see and long story short, I had a friend in Austin and she pissed me off and I unfriended her 7 years ago (I mean I WAS in the right and who has time for people who don't reply after asking them several times if they are coming for my party! she had done this at least 3X to me, I said bye).. so anyway she sent me a message on Facebook and a friend and said she missed me and our friendship, so me being the nicest (not ha) person said I was sorry and that I missed her too (and I did), when our friend died of a pulmonary embolism both she and were distraught to the point of almost going out of my mind, seriously, her too, we were good friends the 3 of us, very good, anyway, time heals all wounds my mother said so I guess that is true, but I know my heart feels a bit less heavy having Pam back as a friend, long story sorry!

happy Friday ladies of the NIRDI!

How nice your trip to Austin is coming up and that you have the same gatehouse you enjoyed last visit. Sorry you had that falling out with your other friend but glad you are both getting together and making amends. Well it was her fault but you kwim. Glad you and her are rekindling the friendship and hope it works out. I am glad your heart feels less heavy and I know exactly what you mean. Have a wonderful Friday Kate. XOXO.

Leaving you with the deer video from our cycling adventures this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks so much @missy, my eyes seem to be ok now, so I think it must’ve been the dust when I was sweeping up in the garage. It’s great to see little Oliver doing so well, he really is such a sweet boy. I’m so glad you’ve been able to get out cycling, and how lovely is that deer? We’re in for a heatwave too, they’re talking about temps getting up to 32 deg C here next week, yuk, it’s going to be hot and sticky again :eek2:

I hope the people turned up to quote @Tekate what a pain, you’d think people would be glad of the work these days. It’s so frustrating waiting for people who don’t bother to show. I bet you’re excited to be heading back to Austin and seeing your family again. Little Autie will probably have grown so much since you last saw her.

No stairs is definitely on our must have for our next home @Mamabean. Because of the area we’re looking in, the sales agents in the show homes are surprised that we don’t care about having a view, we just want a flat plot. As long as we don’t overlook an abattoir or junk yard, that’s fine by us :lol: I hope you have a lovely time while you’re away and can keep cool! Your ring looks fab-u-lous!!!!

Sending continued good thoughts @scandanavian

Hope things are good with you @Calliecake and that pesky stone isn’t causing you any bother. The next cruise is a month away, from Monte Carlo to Rome, but BA are threatening to strike then, so I don’t know what we’ll do if they strike :x2

Twice as much liquid as the rice is the answer @marcy :cool2: And of course, keeping an eye on it!!! Yikes, the clasp on your chain, what a good job you didn’t lose your pendant. I wonder how long whatshername will keep being nice.

@AV_ sounds like difficult times ahead for you, I hope you find an easy path forward.

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs, I hope you all have a good weekend planned.

:wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone :wavey:
Good time to be at the beach, though it’s hot but windy. Following along here but very little service, so I can’t post a long reply.
@missy Oliver is absolutely adorable and looks well loved by you both. ♥️ I am happy you are back on the roads biking again as I know how that calms you and brings you peace. :kiss2:
@AV_ sorry you may have to leave your home. Pretty pin but ouch on that price. o_O
@Tekate Hi! Glad you rescheduled your implant until after vacation. Thinking of you. My next/last :pray: surgery is 7/31. That better be it. Still waiting to see if the c diff returns. I should know by next week.....How much are you adoring your new rock?!
Hi @marcy and @junebug17 :wavey:
@Calliecake hope you are feeling ok as you navigate through this stone...thinking of you.
@Mamabean I hope hope hope that you have your ring by your trip next week! :pray: It looks so beautiful. I love the milgrain which will be very fine IRL. Can’t wait to see it and hear your comments.
If I missed anyone, I am sorry. Going to post before I lose it as I did yesterday.
Leaving you with a sunrise pic I took. No filter or editing. #happyplace finally at long last. =)2
7F401B95-8B84-4008-9631-8BB3200086C0.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, of course...Amazon! I'm mad I didn't think of it lol! It brings me much comfort to picture our kitties playing together at the Rainbow Bridge. Love the pics of Oliver :love: And of course it's always a joy to see Bubbalah. That baby buck is so sweet! Like you, I don't think I'll be venturing out in this heat ver much. Dh and I have been going for walks through the neighborhood recently but I'm voting against that for the next few days!

@marcy, wishing Marty safe travels and I hope he gets a lot out of the session. A pancake breakfast sounds like a good reason to venture out. Good for Marty for saving the rice. Sometimes it takes a while to recover from a vacation lol! I hope you have a relaxing and calming weekend.

@AV_, the pin is gorgeous and I do hope you are at least considering it. I'm so sorry you are stressed about a potential move and I hope it doesn't happen. That feeling of uncertainty causes so much anxiety. (((Hugs)))

@Tekate, I hope the reno guys showed up! Good luck with the preparations for your trip; soon you'll be seeing Autie! And Mike and Cara too, of course haha! It's nice that you've rekindled a friendship...sounds like your friend truly missed you and hopefully is ready to be a better friend to you.

@Mamabean, sounds like you had a rough day, and oh no to having to go back out for dog treats! I hope you're settling in and how great you were able to go to your other home, it's very difficult to be without power for any length of time. I'm sure the milgrain on your ring will be lovely - the pictures are very enlarged. I'm still holding out hope you get in in time. The food you are planning for your son and gf's visit sounds perfect! Thank you for your kindness about Zoe, and I'm so sorry about the loss of your Gordie. There will always be a special place in our hearts for our furbabies.

@Austina, great news about your eyes! :appl:

@Slick1, that is a glorious sunrise! Such amazing colors! :love: I'm glad you're happy and having a good time.

As I mentioned to Missy, I think I'm just staying in for the weekend. The British Open is this weekend so I'll watch that, and I'll do some painting tutorials on youtube. I'm learning how to paint a pear right now lol. Dh and I will probably watch a movie or two as well.

Take care everyone! Xoxoxox

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got an email from David! He shipped Libby and my previous setting that held Libby...and set it with an aqua and new baguettes! I’m so happy the setting escaped the melter! It’s coming Monday! :appl:I’m so excited!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Hello @junebug17 yes that is where they are. Playing and frolicking together and with my grandma watching over them too. It is going to be too hot to do much today. Yesterday we cycled til 11:30 AM and it was perfect because the sun stayed in and that was a nice surprise as we thought we wouldn't be able to do a long ride yesterday but today is another story. And we are not going to ride for long today with heat indices in the 100s. So we are off as soon as we can finish our coffee and eat something. The furry babies have all been fed and medicated. LOL sometimes I feel like we are running a hospital here. Smart idea to stay in and watch the British open and some good movies and some painting tutorials on youtube. Youtube rocks. It has (almost) everything re tutorials one can think of and it comes in very handy. Stay cool and comfy and please let all our power stay on during this heat wave.

@Slick1 you are in paradise heat or not and so glad you are having a wonderful time there. Wow to that landscape photo. Those colors. That sky. That beach. The sea. All just :love: I want a dress that color. Speaking of dresses I ordered another 6 dresses and they arrived yesterday and they all fit. Very pleased with all my online shopping recently. Now I just need somewhere to go to where this stuff besides the veterinarians and the human doctors. LOL.

@Austina oh no to your heat wave too and IIRC you don't have AC? Girl, if you want to fly over here you can stay in our beach house with us. AC is on and working and hoping that continues. Fingers crossed. So pleased your eye is all better. Sounds like it was irritated by the dust allergens in your garage cleanup for sure. Next time maybe wear goggles? Or short of that just rinse your eyes with eyewash during the cleanup every hour and then apply rewetting drops as needed to head off any symptoms. Glad you are all better. Stay cool and enjoy the weekend.

@AV_ You live in a beautiful place and I know you can handle anything that comes your way. Sending you many good thoughts and wishes and hugs. What is on your agenda this weekend?

@Mamabean woohoo! So excited for you. Something to anticipate this weekend and you know we cannot wait to see photos of the new bling on you. Love receiving packages in the mail especially blingy ones.

@Scandinavian how are you doing? How is your mom doing? Thinking of you guys and sending good wishes and healing dust. XO

@Tekate woohoo the reno guys showed up. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend.

@marcy woohoo it's Saturday. Have a wonderful weekend away from work and rest and relax and enjoy and hope you had a great sleep last night.

We enjoyed a nice ride yesterday. Not super long but not super short and we managed to do 52 miles or so. I don't know how much longer til we hit 3K on the bike this season but I think before July is over we should as long as we can cycle a decent amount the rest of the month. You never know what is going to happen though so I am not counting my eggs before they hatch or whatever the saying is :whistle:

Oliver is a curious fella and still running after Tommy. No one wants to engage with him right now. Reminds me when we first adopted Francesca. It was just her and Fred and Fred being 5 years old at the time wanted nothing to do with her so we decided we needed another youngster to play with Frankie. That's how we rescued Bobby. But guess what? Bobby didn't want to play with her either oy. And we went along like that for 2 months and then I learned about a mouser cat at work being kept under abhorrent conditions and the rest is history. We managed after a month or so to sweet talk the super into letting us rescue Tommy and we did. And he played with all of the cats so it really worked out well. But now no one wants to play with Oliver and part of that is they are all senior cats (with the exception of Bobby who is almost 10 so not quite senior yet) and part of it is well Oliver is sort of wild. We will see what happens but we are not adopting another to play with Oliver as 4 is my/our limit. And when they get sick it feels like 1 is my limit.::)

Here's Oliver from late afternoon yesterday hanging out on the window seat.
Nice and cool inside and way too hot and humid and hazy outside. The whole landscape was hazy from the heat and humidity.

oliveronwindowseat.png

Last night he was just lazing about (for a short while) but then running like a maniac after Tommy. Poor Tommy.

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 5.13.56 AM.png

Early evening. Trying to engage. Oliver cannot really jump yet (which is weird in itself and hope nothing is wrong with him but time will tell as Debbie thought he should be able to jump by now) but he climbed his way up the bench. When Tommy gets tired of him Tommy jumps higher so Oliver cannot reach him.
Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 5.16.30 AM.png

Have a happy Caturday Saturday girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL see what I mean? This went on all night. Tommy would run away and then jump to a spot Oiiver couldn't reach. Back and forth Tommy kept jumping high so Oliver couldn't reach him but then he came down cause he wanted to hang with us and then Oliver ran to get him and Tommy had to jump high again. OMG. I don't know if we should intervene or just let it develop.

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 5.35.18 AM.png

And here's Oliver trying to climb. He cannot jump yet but he can climb a bit.

olivertryingtoclimbcattree.png

He has such an innocent face.

oliverandgreg.png

OK we are off cycling. See you later ladies.:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Oliver is gorgeous and adorable, sweet, and sassy, I'm so happy to see his eyes and wonder if cats learn to jump by watching other cat? I know you are careful but no cycling until the weather improves, take care and I know you know all this stuff but drink water to. Hi to Greg. Talked to Mike and Autie this morning, Mike is really balding, feel bad for him as Chris isn't and John hasn't, but boy my brothers and dad did, as did John's dad.. Autie is precious and sweet. Salley is showing her age, threw up 2x this past week and the heat really bothers here, she's sitting happily in her daybed under the fan and near an a/c vent! sounds yummy about 6 new dressed, I bought a mandolin (kitchen thingy) I've always wanted one and got it on Amazon on their sale day. It's cool, not quite sure I have the hang of it, but I will. Kate is having a show at her jewelry store today, she's working on my ring she said, wish I could've gone to the city to see it, actually I could have but we are leaving Wed at 6:00 a.m. and too much to do to go to the city really. Cleaning service Tuesday YAY! Owner of the tile place and her supervisor guy came and they will work on an estimate and get it to us in a 'few' days she said, we'll see, if we like them they can start in mid september. not much else new.. have a wonderful Caturday! I hope that Oliver will calm down a bit when he get's a bit older, all the cats I have had in my life did, Tommy is a smartie to move up! Kittens, I love them.. xoxoxo

@Austina glad your eyes aren't bothering you! good news. Austina are the houses you are looking at in England or US? in the area of Austin that you mentioned I would think there would be many one story homes as Texas is known for their one story homes :) xo

@Mamabean GREAT news girl.. cannot wait to see handshots and the aquamarine sounds so beautiful! stay cool. xoxo

@Slick1 here's hoping this operation will be the last and your pictures are beautiful of the beach.. xoxo

staying in, reading, folding laundry and relaxing is my agenda for today.

to all the NIRDIs. happy Saturday!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, What time did you leave to go cycling? Is it light out???? It must be nice to be cycling when it is so quite and peaceful. Oliver looks like he is having a great time. Sounds like Tommy is a bit annoyed with having to deal with a little brother. They have only been around each other for a short time. I’m sure it’s a big adjustment for the other kitties getting used to a new family member and will take some time for them to get used to Oliver.

@Slick1, You deserve a wonderful vacation. I’m so glad you are having a great time with your family. Beautiful picture!

@junebug17, Are you doing anything fun this weekend? I see you are getting this really hot weather too. We were running errands yesterday and it was awful getting back in the car.

@Tekate, Are you getting ready for your trip? I can’t wait to hear how much Autie has grown and changed. They grow so quickly. Do you think John will want to go look at houses? It sound like he is ready to move. One of my friends just moved into a new house they had built. I can’t wait to see what she does with decorating. She always does an amazing job. I’m sorry the people didn’t show up for the bathroom renovation. I don’t understand why businesses just don’t call and tell you they aren’t showing up. Heck I’d be happy if they just sent a texted. It’s better than sitting around waiting for someone to show up.

@Austina, I’m so glad your eye feels better now. Houses with great views are in big demand here. Have you seen many ranch houses (one floor) during your home search? Do you think Adam and Kim’s wedding will end up having a 300 person guest wedding? Austina weddings here can be outrageous.

@Mamabean, How exciting getting a new piece of bling is coming your way. Can’t wait to see pictures. The brunch you have planned with your son and his GF sounds like it will be great. Are you getting excited about your trip to Chicago? You do so much for everyone Joanne. I hope you have a great time with your girlfriends.

@marcy, I hope you have a great relaxing weekend. Is Marty getting excited about the new gym?

@Scandinavian, Thinking of you and hope you are doing ok.

@av, I’m sorry you will have to move. Do you know where you will be moving? Have you had to move often? I’m hoping you find an area you love in the new location.

Nothing much new and exciting going on here. We are going out to meet my niece and her family today.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Hot Hot Hot Saturday!
I think my post was confusing but Chris and Therese isn’t coming until Saturday afternoon on the 9th...I like to plan ahead! :lol: What’s confusing matters is Scott just asked me to watch Jackson overnight on the 8th...He’s giving a dinner party for another couple Friday night. The confusing part is they aren’t speaking and Scott doesn't want Chris to see Jackson so will have to pick him up before Chris and Therese get here. It’s a very long story that I can’t get into but it really will be hard to make sure they don’t run into each other. I will also have to pull David out of work again so I can be here on Friday for Scott to drop off Jackson. Omg....I stay out of the whole mess....
David emailed me last night to say he shipped off Libby in her new setting and also set an aquamarine and diamond baguettes in my previous setting...but he didn’t show me a pic first..He told me to look at it in person and see if I like it. If I don’t...I can send it back and he can return the diamonds and the aquamarine. Since it will be an occasional ring..I’m not too concerned about the aquamarine..because if another stone comes up that I like better I can swap it out. I’m more concerned with the diamond baguettes. They are vs/h quality so they should be nice. He didn’t ask me for a dime yet...
@missy I am in love with Oliver...I want to reach into my iPad and snuggle him. He is so adorable! I laughed when you said like you feel like you run a hospital because they are all fed and medicated. That’s my life with humans and Bailey! :lol:
@Tekate I’m glad the tile man showed up..Did the decorator come too? Don’t cut yourself on that mandolin! I wouldn’t trust myself with that thing!
I can’t wait until you get the ring that Kate is making for you..
@Slick..That photo at sunrise could win a contest. I’m happy you are having a great time! I sent off another unmentionable to have David set..:roll2:
@junebug17 I hope you’re right about the milgrain..Thank you! I was searching online to see if milgrain can be removed. I remember being nervous another time about milgrain..and when I got it I was surprised to see how much smaller it was in person and I loved it..
@marcy I hope you are relaxing at home and enjoying your quiet time...You need to recharge before going back to work...I keep hoping Groucho quits..
@Austina Oh no you also have the heat! It’s too hot to do anything..Hope you are enjoying your weekend indoors!
:wavey:@AV_
@Calliecake I will be on Michigan Avenue..The Miracle Mile...I’m trying to find out if any great jewelry stores are close by..but I don’t really have any time. The time is all blocked out already..Thank you for liking my setting...I already know it will be better than the other one that swallowed her up. I can see her from the side now and love to see the culet..I’m nervous and excited..
Have a great weekend everyone!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake I sure do know how to move countries - this would be the seventh time (much that I dislike such jolts & travel, even); it is very easy in practical terms, what hurts are my budding roots getting pooled in thin air!
-
@missy Tiny Ollie chasing Tom is so funny! Nothing like having a kitten in the house ,) - except a few cats, of course. You are a very, very dangerous example...

-
NIRDI,
Thank you so much for the good words... (of course I am loosing count of posts!)

Things will get clearer within weeks, I think, and by then, I'll be ready to come what may.

@Scandinavian I am thinking of your much more serious troubles ,((( & your COOL!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, yes Marty did say it’s cool in Montana; he had to put on jeans instead of his usual shorts. The altitude there is lower than here but it’s further north. Bubbalah looks great with Ollie too. Great pictures of the deer. I am enjoying a quiet weekend so far. Thank you. Great pictures of the cat; I hope the other kitties get used to Ollie and start playing with him.

AV, definitely decide what pin you would wear before you buy one. Said she who has a jewelry box full of impulse buys with pieces I never wear. I hate uncertainty but sadly there isn’t much we can do about some things.

Mamabean, sorry to hear it’s so hot in Maryland. Darn that you forgot treats for Bailey. Do any stores deliver there? It may be worth the money just to stay inside. Autocorrect can be funny; I always liked the meme that says “quit autocorrecting my curse words you stupid piece of shut”. Marty didn’t use to cook either but always ran the grill. Now he does both; if I could get him to not make such a mess when he cooks I’d be thrilled. Yes, I do still have that EC ring and wear it frequently. EC were my first love in gemstones and I am thrilled with that EC diamond. I’ve toyed with making it my ering but I’ll stick with my ACA for sentimental reasons. EC can put off a lot of sparkle and fire for sure. How exciting you’ll get your rings on Monday. I can’t wait until you get them.

Kate, I hope things work out will with the estimate for your bathroom. Our part of Wyoming is in the foothills so we don’t have all the gorgeous scenery here but we don’t have to go far. Marty and I took a trip to Glacier about 10 years ago; it is gorgeous. Rice can be temperamental to cook. The revived rice was a little crunchy in spots but I didn’t say a word. It sounds like Chris wants to explore more places for jobs. It’s nice to travel around and see what place you like. My in-laws were talking about a trip through Europe a few years ago and they mentioned no AC and most places doesn’t have screens on the windows either. They weren’t a fan. I got that survey from JM too but didn’t pay much attention to it. Darn, now i’m curious. It is nice to reconnect with old friends; I am sorry to hear the two of you lost a dear friend. How exciting to be heading to Austin soon.

Austina, I am relieved to hear your eyes are better. When you said twice as much liquid on rice I had to chuckle, Marty bought a rice cooker once and put so much rice in it with not enough water I was envisioning a Lucy type mess in the kitchen. He reads the directions sometimes later than he should. I totally plan on checking my clasps when I clean my jewelry. I have no idea how long that employee will be nice but I can hope.

Slick1, glad you are enjoying the beach. Gorgeous sunrise picture. Definitely relax and take it easy before your surgery.

Junebug, definitely stay in where it’s cooler. We dropped back in the 70’s today with a possible thunderstorm rolling in later. Marty said he isn’t enjoying this session because he disagrees with some of their philosophy but I pointed out you want their certificate to smile and nod your head. Enjoy painting!

Callie, I hope you are feeling okay this weekend. I am with you that weddings here can be outrageous. My niece’s cousin (who got married in Austin by the way) had 12 attendants. Yes, Marty is pretty excited about his gym. I figured he’d have it open by now but it’s still a week or two out and that’s being optimistic.

I left work yesterday an hour early since I went in about 90 minutes early. Marty got on the road at 5 am and since i was awake I thought I may as well go in to work early. I was getting tired after lunch.
Last night was our astronomy meeting. I had some slide shows on the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the moon. Wouldn’t you know it I had an issue getting to the right desktop on my laptop. The wallpaper that was displayed was an old desktop that I couldn’t get to; I finally figured out it didn’t matter though I was able to open Power Point and it showed on the TV. It was only 6 of us there so it was kind of nice. We have our meetings in a retirement home and some lady came in to ask what bright star she was seeing by the moon this week. I tried to get her to stay but she only wanted her question answered.

I picked up groceries this morning and have been watching great space related movies today. I started laundry, made some mini meatloafs to freeze, baked some cookies and worked on the newsletter.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Turing to catch up... lol
@marcy I really love your blue diamond!!! I don’t have any with colour... hmmmm .... “oh honey..... “ lol Your employees always makes my day! Impossible to make that stuff up. You are a Lady for not hitting your head on a wall... or anyone else’s for that matter...

@missy I really really love Oliver! He is so lucky that you found each other! But you do need to find a cat sitter so you can come visit some time ;)2 Here, at least for dogs, I know a girl (a professional dog trainer) who gets hired to move in for weeks when people go on holiday. Talk about lucky dogs to get her (she is an angel) and stay at home instead of a kennel. How are the other boys doing? Jealous?
That doctor of yours! I do hope his expertise is better than his manners?? Or should you find a new?

@Tekate, Ever is stunning and truly a forever ring! Perfect name for a perfect stone!

Talking of stones, @Calliecake ! Oh no! Why did you buy another one of those awful ones??? I did try to tell you that diamonds are better you know... lol. Sorry. I really do hope you are not in too much pain? My dad has had a few and they really hurt!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cont.
@av I hate that you might move when perhaps that is not what you want. But I really do believe that when one door closes, another door will open. If not otherwise, at least with a bit of air pressure from slamming the first one...? Tons of hugs! This must be difficult for you :kiss2:
@junebug17 I’m so very sorry about Zoe. I have no words to ease your pain. But time will help you remember the good and ease the pain somewhat. <3

@Mamabean that ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! Can’t wait for more pictures !

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy big dog Sunday.

@missy Oliver is gorgeous and adorable, sweet, and sassy, I'm so happy to see his eyes and wonder if cats learn to jump by watching other cat? I know you are careful but no cycling until the weather improves, take care and I know you know all this stuff but drink water to. Hi to Greg. Talked to Mike and Autie this morning, Mike is really balding, feel bad for him as Chris isn't and John hasn't, but boy my brothers and dad did, as did John's dad.. Autie is precious and sweet. Salley is showing her age, threw up 2x this past week and the heat really bothers here, she's sitting happily in her daybed under the fan and near an a/c vent! sounds yummy about 6 new dressed, I bought a mandolin (kitchen thingy) I've always wanted one and got it on Amazon on their sale day. It's cool, not quite sure I have the hang of it, but I will. Kate is having a show at her jewelry store today, she's working on my ring she said, wish I could've gone to the city to see it, actually I could have but we are leaving Wed at 6:00 a.m. and too much to do to go to the city really. Cleaning service Tuesday YAY! Owner of the tile place and her supervisor guy came and they will work on an estimate and get it to us in a 'few' days she said, we'll see, if we like them they can start in mid september. not much else new.. have a wonderful Caturday! I hope that Oliver will calm down a bit when he get's a bit older, all the cats I have had in my life did, Tommy is a smartie to move up! Kittens, I love them.. xoxoxo

Aww I am sorry about Mike re the losing hair and I feel for him. I hope it doesn't bother him too much though. I have made peace with my thinning hair and know it can get worse and as a woman our hair is often our crowning glory. But I am really not upset about it anymore. I am sure if I go bald or get balding patches I would be upset again about it but one day at a time. Autie is truly sweet and precious I agree. I just love every photo you share of your little beautiful granddaughter. She is so gorgeous.Oh I wish I could have attended Kate's jewelry store show to support her and I cannot wait to see the ring she is creating for you. It is going to be very special. Good luck with the tile estimate and yes to getting the cleaning crew in Tuesday. We are overdo but with all that is going on with the kitties we cannot have the cleaning crew come in and disrupt things for them. I know Maria is mad at me too because it's been over a month since we had them come. A few days after their last cleaning appointment Francesca got sick and well you know the rest. Oliver sends love and purrs and no sign of calming down anytime soon. He's a cat possessed.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Hope you enjoyed a relaxing and cool Saturday girlie and hope your Sunday brings more peace and joy and contentment.

@missy, What time did you leave to go cycling? Is it light out???? It must be nice to be cycling when it is so quite and peaceful. Oliver looks like he is having a great time. Sounds like Tommy is a bit annoyed with having to deal with a little brother. They have only been around each other for a short time. I’m sure it’s a big adjustment for the other kitties getting used to a new family member and will take some time for them to get used to Oliver.

We started at 5:45AM and yes it was light. Today probably more of the same as here it is hotter than yesterday believe it or not. Lucky you getting a cool down today. Yesterday our heat index was 107! Today even higher. Oy. Off riding in a bit but it is already too warm outside so not as long a ride today. Not sure what possessed as yesterday to do over 62 miles haha. Lots of pent up energy or at least anxiety from me I think. I hope that darn kidney stone passes before your appointment next week Callie. And I hope you got to see your little grandniece swim yesterday. What fun. :sun:

@missy I am in love with Oliver...I want to reach into my iPad and snuggle him. He is so adorable! I laughed when you said like you feel like you run a hospital because they are all fed and medicated. That’s my life with humans and Bailey! :lol:

Yes so you get it. LOL. At least (knock wood) they are all eating happily and that is something. When I was struggling to get Tommy and Bobby and Fred to eat that was awful and so relieved feeding time isn't a struggle anymore. Long may that continue.

Oh no what a mess with Scott and Chris and I am sorry you are all dealing with that. As if life wasn't challenging enough. Take care of yourself Joanne and don't let their stuff aggravate you or stress you more than you can help it. Hugs to you and to David. Stay cool.
And please share your rings as soon as you get them. Those are just gorgeous pieces and we are so excited for you. I am living (blingy life) vicariously through you.:appl:

Missy, yes Marty did say it’s cool in Montana; he had to put on jeans instead of his usual shorts. The altitude there is lower than here but it’s further north. Bubbalah looks great with Ollie too. Great pictures of the deer. I am enjoying a quiet weekend so far. Thank you. Great pictures of the cat; I hope the other kitties get used to Ollie and start playing with him.

Lucky Marty. What I wouldn't do for some cooler temps right now though tomorrow will be cooler it will be rainy here the next couple of days starting Monday so not super excited as I want to ride but we take what we get and do the best with it. We did hit 3000 miles yesterday for the season woohoo. 3,007 to be exact and we cycled 62 miles yesterday. Not bad.:whistle: Thanks for the Bubbalah and Oliver compliments.

I left work yesterday an hour early since I went in about 90 minutes early. Marty got on the road at 5 am and since i was awake I thought I may as well go in to work early. I was getting tired after lunch.
Last night was our astronomy meeting. I had some slide shows on the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the moon. Wouldn’t you know it I had an issue getting to the right desktop on my laptop. The wallpaper that was displayed was an old desktop that I couldn’t get to; I finally figured out it didn’t matter though I was able to open Power Point and it showed on the TV. It was only 6 of us there so it was kind of nice. We have our meetings in a retirement home and some lady came in to ask what bright star she was seeing by the moon this week. I tried to get her to stay but she only wanted her question answered.

I picked up groceries this morning and have been watching great space related movies today. I started laundry, made some mini meatloafs to freeze, baked some cookies and worked on the newsletter.

I am glad the astronomy meeting went well despite the rocky beginning and 6 people sounds perfect. Intimate and cozy and easy. Sounds like you enjoyed a nice day yesterday with watching space movies and cooking and baking too. And good for you accomplishing other chores like laundry. Very industrious and efficient. And woohoo to leaving work early Friday. Sweet. Marty was on the road earlier than us but we have to wait for the sun to start coming up before cycling for safety and bug reasons. LOL those mosquitoes get me every time. They love my blood but that's cause I am so sweet. :halo:

@missy I really really love Oliver! He is so lucky that you found each other! But you do need to find a cat sitter so you can come visit some time ;)2 Here, at least for dogs, I know a girl (a professional dog trainer) who gets hired to move in for weeks when people go on holiday. Talk about lucky dogs to get her (she is an angel) and stay at home instead of a kennel. How are the other boys doing? Jealous?
That doctor of yours! I do hope his expertise is better than his manners?? Or should you find a new?

Thanks Scandi. Oliver cannot wait to meet you in person. I wish we had someone we trusted to care for our furry crew. I don't see it happening anytime (if ever) soon. They are all challenging kitties. We shall see how Oliver develops and I sure hope he is less challenging than the others though if history is any indicator I would say we might be in trouble with Ollie as he gets older. Time will tell.

I hope I do not have to find a new endocrinologist. They are few and far between the decent ones that is. Out of all the endocrinologists I have seen he is by far the best. So just hoping I can still be his patient otherwise I don't know where I am going and the meds I am on are for life and without them I die. Literally. I need the T3. Every cell of my body needs it and I cannot live without it so I sure hope I can stay with this endocrinologist. I hope I haven't done anything to offend him. I am a pretty nice patient and follow instructions so not sure what is going on. He actually emailed me very late Thursday night saying he was sorry he didn't reply sooner and he would call me early Friday morning but he never called and no emails either. So really not sure what is going on but as I said I hope I can stay with this doctor as the choices are few.

Please let me know how your mom is doing. And how you are doing. I think of you every day and am keeping good thoughts for your mom dear Scandi. Sending healing vibes and big hugs.

@Slick1 how are you sweetie? How is the rest of your vacation going? Hope you are having the best time and feeling well and sending you love and hugs.

We had a great ride yesterday. 62 miles despite the heat but we started early. We had to go back in between to give Oliver his drops but we got this down now. And we hit over 3000 miles so far this season on the bike yesterday. Got home took a long hot bath and made a nice cool smoothie to enjoy while in the bath. That was sweet. Off in a bit for more cycling and hope everyone has a great Sunday. (((Hugs))).

Early morning photos as we started our ride

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 12.14.19 PM.png
hotsummerday.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 5.12.06 AM.png

Hit 3007 miles yesterday
3007.png

After cycling 62 miles in the heat

62.png

Soaking in a hot bath with a cool smoothie

bathandsmoothie.jpeg

and little Oliver being an imp. LOL. With Bobby watching the whole affair.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 5.15.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 5.16.41 AM.png

See you later lovely ladies. Stay cool.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cont. again. Lol. Life with children!

I’m typing on my phone and autocorrect is not helping. So if I’m not making sense, please ask...
My mother is hanging in there. Physically fine for now, but it is heavy emotionally. She is mainly thinking of her grandchildren. The diagnosis is a heavy one, and hard to beat and it will be difficult to come out on the other side. But we will try. She is starting chemotherapy tomorrow. Likely, she will be okay this first week but really sick next week. Apparently that is how this particular chemo works. So we have taken the children on a mini vacation and I’ll retur home when she is starting to feel the effects of the chemo. For now she is best left alone, as I’m starting to get a sore throat and I’m scared of infecting her. Oh well. At least she will get to play with wigs. They say her hair will fall off on day two.
@missy, any good recommendation for where to buy online?
I’m okay. We have amazing friends who are doing everything they can to help. My best friend is a doctor so she is reading. A lot. Another bestie is asking to take the children on holiday with them. A third is on holiday overseas so she stormed for the best jewellers in town to buy me a new cross even if none of us are really that religious. A fourth has changed her family’s holiday plans and they are coming to celebrate my birthday. Fifth is planning little holidays for me and answers all my texts always and that is saying something, especially as he is a guy, lol. I have no idea how I can be so blessed.

My DH is worried about me. Luckily, I have trained him well, so he buys me stuff. Lol. Got to see the silver lining.

I worry about the children so I buy them stuff. Like new bikes. It’s good to keep busy.

I’m okay. But the fur babies are a bit needy. So I guess I am stressed underneath my “let’s focus and stay organised” approach to life. I really appreciate all of your support.

I’m really sad that I don’t get to visit you this summer @missy ! DH is dropping hints of a small consolation prize but still.

Fingers crossed for my mother. If chemotherapy works reasonably well, she is scheduled for surgery in a couple of months. That will give her a real fighting chance for recovery, even if it is against the odds. I’ll refuse to be sad until then as I consider sadness as giving up hope!

Hugs to all!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with all this @scandanavian, I hope your Mum will cope with the chemo well and keeping everything crossed that the outcome will be a good one. Do you know about cold caps? Someone I know recently had several rounds of chemo, and wore a cold cap and it stopped her hair falling out. I know that’s probably the least of all your worries, but maybe if it’s available, it’ll be one less thing for your Mum to deal with.

We are experiencing a slight cool down before the heat hits us next week @missy, then it’s going to be unbearable :eek2: Little Ollie is quite a character, and I’m sure the other boys will come around. Your photos remind me of all the pictures I see of Spinoni owners who bring in a new pup. For a few weeks the older dog refuses to have anything to do with the pup, but they eventually give in, and a few weeks later, post photos of the 2 snuggling together :lol: Woohoo to hitting over 3000 miles, that’s some going bearing in mind all the issues you’ve been dealing with this summer. I’m so glad the furry boys are all eating again, what a relief for you. Now to get things sorted with the endocrinologist, hopefully time just ran away from him on Friday, as I can’t imagine you’ve done anything to offend him.

Unfortunately Adam didn’t inherit my hair @Mamabean, he has an alarming receding hair line to the point he now shaves his head. I hate it, I told him he looks like a thug but he says he prefers it in the heat there. Families eh, who’d have them!

I’m pretty certain there’s no way that Adam will agree to a ridiculously huge wedding @Calliecake as in all probability he’ll be paying for it, and like us, he doesn’t think it’s worth spending all that money on a couple of hours. He wouldn’t know 90% of the people there anyway, so that’s why he’s thinking the destination wedding will be the way to go. There are plenty of single storey homes where Adam lives (we call them bungalows), so hopefully we’ll be able to find one when we start looking seriously. We would buy a house, as long as it had 2 bedrooms downstairs if we had to. A house with a ‘view’ is not a priority for us, because it means that either it has stairs up to the house, or stairs down from the house, which we absolutely don’t want.

I hope you’re enjoying your time away @Slick1 the photo is lovely.

Let’s hope you get an estimate for the work @Tekate and they’re not another company that comes and you never hear from them again. I was referring to homes in Bee Cave/Lakeway area, which is our preferred location as we want to be close to Adam and Kim to make it easier for them. Ideally, where they live as the property tax is some of the lowest in the area. You must be getting excited to be heading back to see Autie again and spending time with your family.

There’s been a whole week of programmes about Apollo 11 @marcy, I’ve recorded several as I couldn’t watch them all, but I will, as I find them endlessly fascinating. I vividly remember watching the moon landings when I was 10. Colin always laughs when I say I’d have loved to go in to space, as he knows I’d have been :sick: all the way there and back. We actually watched First Man again last night, and recently saw a programme about the Apollo wives which was really interesting. Most of them ended up divorced and all of them said their husbands had been totally single minded to the point of selfishness.

Que sera @AV_ take each days as it comes.

Just getting the washing done today, then I’ll speak to Shirley later, I can’t say I’m looking forward to it, but hey ho. I don’t think I told you that I’ve now found out that Bob didn’t die on the day she told me he did, he actually died 4 days earlier :(2

I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to post this, while we were locked out and waiting for the locksmith to come, Kim took this :

57AD6B0D-6E54-4E55-9FCF-5E1F787970A7.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot to post this, while we were locked out and waiting for the locksmith to come, Kim took this :

57AD6B0D-6E54-4E55-9FCF-5E1F787970A7.jpeg
Where is my love button! Beautiful..and a sweet photo! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Tiny Ollie chasing Tom is so funny! Nothing like having a kitten in the house ,) - except a few cats, of course. You are a very, very dangerous example...

-
NIRDI,
Thank you so much for the good words... (of course I am loosing count of posts!)

Things will get clearer within weeks, I think, and by then, I'll be ready to come what may.

@AV_ I don't know where my reply to you in my first post this morning went...o_O

Looking forward to hearing what is happening and hoping it all works out just the way you want into. And yes Ollie chasing Tommy is quite comedic but also sort of sad at the same time...poor Tommy and poor Ollie. Oliver just wants a playmate and Tommy just wants some peace and perhaps gentle play and not the manic behavior a kitten exhibits. Oh well. Such is life.

Sending you hugs and good wishes @AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m really sad that I don’t get to visit you this summer @missy ! DH is dropping hints of a small consolation prize but still.

Fingers crossed for my mother. If chemotherapy works reasonably well, she is scheduled for surgery in a couple of months. That will give her a real fighting chance for recovery, even if it is against the odds. I’ll refuse to be sad until then as I consider sadness as giving up hope!

Hugs to all!

Aww no worries, there will be other visits. We are sad too that you aren't visiting us again this summer but yes mom's care takes precedence and sending bucketloads of healing vibes her way dear Scandi. And glad your dh is taking good care of you. As it should be. Tell him Greg and I send our best. Hugs to you Scandi.

Just getting the washing done today, then I’ll speak to Shirley later, I can’t say I’m looking forward to it, but hey ho. I don’t think I told you that I’ve now found out that Bob didn’t die on the day she told me he did, he actually died 4 days earlier :(2

Good luck with your call with Shirley today Austina. It's such a sad situation all around. Ooh love that pic. Blinglicious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a hot ride this morning. Soaking in tub right now. We managed 50 miles but it was tough. Looking forward to this heat wave breaking soon. @Austina I hope your expected heat wave isn't this bad. @Calliecake I imagine your temps are more pleasant today.

This AM right before we left to go cycling

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.45.21 AM.png

Our ride out

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.44.52 AM.png

our shadow

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.46.55 AM.png

and the beach. It's a hot one today ladies. Stay cool.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.48.06 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, forgot to tell you about what I think is a sign. Last year Greg and I found this painting we just had to have. We put it away forgetting about it til yesterday as Greg was looking for me for photo frames he came across it. Doesn't this sort of look like francesca and oliver? Last year before we knew anything. Weird don't you think? If one believes in signs (and I do)...

francescaandoliver.JPG

It is now hanging in our den at the beach house.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi, thank you - I really like the color of blue diamonds. I am glad my employee stories make your day - as Missy says you can’t make this stuff up. I am delighted to hear so many good friends are helping you out right now and keeping in touch with you. I think that’s great your mom took a vacation with her grandchildren. Very nice. I hope she tolerates chemo okay and it does its job against her cancer. I am keeping you all in my thoughts.

Missy, I am glad to hear the kitties are all eating. That’s a relief. Woo hoo to hitting the 3000 mile mark this year on your bike. I am glad to hear you are out beating the heat to get your bike rides in early. Marty would probably have taken off in the dark; he has insomnia pretty bad - kind of like it sounds you do too. That’s exactly right the mosquitos like you because you are sweet. I must be only 1/2 sweet because they seem to prefer the left side of my body over the right. Go figure. Since the doctor emailed you late Thursday I hope it’s just that he had something come up Friday and simply didn’t get to it. I can’t imagine you did anything to offend him. Maybe if you don’t hear from him tomorrow just follow up with an email to him again. Gorgeous sunrise photos. Too cute about Ollie trying to play with his brothers. That picture is perfect for Francesca and Oliver.

Austina, I’m with you on wanting a house without stairs. My knees don’t do well on them. Are Adam and Kim having a destination wedding? I love the photo you and Kim’s rings. Very pretty. I watched quite a few of the programs on the Apollo missions. I’ve always been interested in stars and space too. I turned on Interstellar right now. I can imagine home lives for astronauts and test pilots would be difficult. I thought the movie First Man portrayed Neil Armstrong as a very selfish and withdrawn man so it makes sense many of them ended up divorced if that’s what they were like in real life.

I slept until 7 this morning. What a treat. I am working on laundry still, picked off dead flowers and plan on finishing a book today. We had torrential rain last night that really beat down our flowers. More severe thunderstorms are expected tonight. I am making myself some mini pizza today for lunch and the freezer. I need to proof and tweak my August article and get that sent off.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I crack myself up . . .

Marty is rather bored at the training class for his certification. He sent me a text that said "blah, blah, blah . . . " to which I responded "smile and get your certificate". He responded "I'm trying". Of course since he left himself wide open there I had to respond "Yes, you are trying - but that's not important right now." :lol: My poor teddy bears are going to pay for that one.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, the pic of Oliver hopping on Tommy made me smile! Oliver is definitely raring to go. He is adorable! :love: I bet he settles down as he gets a little older. I can see why you'd feel badly for both of them at times but OTOH the older kitties seem to be tolerating him fairly well and hopefully they'll all adjust at some point! It's wonderful they are all stabilized and eating and drinking well. Your sunrise pics are so gorgeous...you have such a good eye and take the most beautiful pictures. :love: It's great you and Greg were able to get out early to cycle and avoid the worst of this heat. I'm sorry about the doctor's poor communication and I hope you have a chance to talk to him soon.

Omg, I got choked up when I saw that painting...I can't believe how much it resembles Oliver and Francesca...it is beautiful and has new meaning now. I believe in signs too. Xoxoxoxo

@Calliecake, I hope you're feeling well and you had a good time getting together with your niece and her family.

@Mamabean, great news about your ring coming in time for your trip! And it's wonderful you're getting an aquamarine ring too. You will be in bling heaven! Can't wait to see them. I'm sorry to hear your sons aren't speaking and hopefully that will change at some point. Please try not to worry about it if you can, it's up to Scott to get there in time.

@marcy, I'm glad your astronomy meeting was low-key and relaxing; sometimes things are easier when it's a small group. Sounds like you've had a productive but relaxing weekend. Mini pizzas sound really good to me right now lol. And cookies too. All of a sudden I'm starving haha. And yes, very good advice you gave to Marty; the important thing is getting that cert!

Aw, @Scandinavian, thank you for your kind words, especially considering everything you are going through right now...my heart goes out to you, your mother, and your family...it is such a hard time for everyone. I will be keeping your mother in my thoughts and hoping for the best...I'm sorry she has to go through this. (((Hugs))). I am so happy you have such a great support system. Your friends sound wonderful and of course your precious dh will help you through this too. It's understandable you'd be feeling stressed, you have a lot going on! We are here for you for whatever support and comfort you need <3

@Austina, I hope your conversation with Shirley goes as smoothly as possible. I can see where you'd be apprehensive about it. Sending hugs, I know it's tough to see a friend doing so badly. LOVE the pic Kim took, both rings are stunning! Her ering looks perfect on her hand. :love:

@Tekate, I hope you get that estimate soon! I'm glad they showed up. Aw, sorry to hear the heat might have been getting to Salley and I hope she's feeling ok. Good for her for figuring out how to stay cool!

Not much going on here this weekend...I ventured out to the gym and the grocery store yesterday, and dh and I went out to eat. Today I made it to the gym and that was it for going out... dh and I watched golf and hung around the house.

Here is my practice pear lol...it gave me something to do during this heat wave - Although actually I have plenty to do around this house, I just don't feel like doing any of it :P2
F5BB1B88-D4FD-468C-9A31-32CCC9D7BBF8.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls, forgot to tell you about what I think is a sign. Last year Greg and I found this painting we just had to have. We put it away forgetting about it til yesterday as Greg was looking for me for photo frames he came across it. Doesn't this sort of look like francesca and oliver? Last year before we knew anything. Weird don't you think? If one believes in signs (and I do)...

francescaandoliver.JPG

It is now hanging in our den at the beach house.
I love it @missy! I do believe in signs..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results