shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Michael had ringworm as a baby and I got it from him, it was too for me just topical, but I read that animals must take medicine. So sorry he has this :( hope you don't get it! :) and sending healing dust for Ollie to get better, you guys are the best furparents. I didn't know people could declaw cats, that is terrible, very happy to see that NY has banned it, it's like cutting off our fingers. I sincerely hope Tommy doesn't get it Missy, it's itchy :( I assume cats scratch it and then they get infected and you have to start antibiotics. Glad you got a lot of riding in, we've had rain all morning but is now starting to clear up at 1:30 pm. Tomorrow we leave for Austin, so I will be hit or miss so if you need to text me or msg me on IG, you probably won't but just in case! Thank you for saying again you would go to Kate's jewelry presentation, she's on cloud 9 because it went well! thank you Missy girl for caring, means a hell of a lot to me. Hope you are feeling good today, any ice cream? Me, I'm busy and the cleaning people are here so I am down in the basement room, dark, not dank because we have this big system that removes water from the air down here, but this isn't a basement with windows except in one area, where my treadmill that I don't use is :) that's me. sending love your way as always. Hi to the wonderful husband and pets to the kids..xoxoxo

@Austina I understand Austina and I won't ask anymore, I find the situation interesting because prior to the death of her husband - to you - Shirley seemed fine, this is way more than just grief. So you guys now have Boris! I will say of Trumpski, he's a total idiot, racist and creep but the economy is humming along due to lower taxes on the rich and non permanent tax decrease for the middle and lower income Americans. Of course the debt is huge, but no worries because someday it will all just go away due to American know how, hahaha. Now Boris promises a no agreement Brexit, that should be interesting, I doubt Parliament will pass THAT but who knows, these are strange times we are living in Austina. sending hugs your way! xo

@Calliecake Hi Callie! how's things, leaving tomorrow for Austin so I will be in and out of PS, sending huge hugs, love and happiness your way and hope all is well with the kidney stones. xoxo

@Scandinavian GREAT picture.. hope all is well Scandi, healing dust to your mom.

@marcy Sounds like you and your stealth app were a hit because you had burgers and shakes! yum. Taking Wed off sounds great, sometimes I would take a midweek day off because most people don't! great for xmas shopping. have fun tomorrow. Glad Marty got home safe and sound, that is a long drive one's self. You are right, I can't wait to see Autie! and I too Marcy would not have been made for being a pioneer woman! I like the nightlife I like to boogie! ;-) leaving tomorrow so I will be off and on so take care, have fun tomorrow as I said. sending huge love and hugs to you and Marty. xoxoxo

@junebug17 June, I LOVE your ring, you know my first engagement ring from John was a 1 carat D color oval VS1, I love ovals, BUT that sucker had such a bowtie that I couldn't stand it and I asked John if I could upgrade in 1989 (we got engaged in 87) since I quit smoking, I didn't want to tell him I missed my first stone from Tom because it was a OEC 1.50 carate E color, I miss that stone, most beautiful ever. So John was thrilled I quit smoking and off we went and we upgraded to my MRB 1.63 I color VVS2 stone, AGS2 rating, now that stone is awsome for fire and scintillation, it rates a 1.6 on the HCA and the part that it's a nice stone, faces up larger than weight, but looking straight on there might be a dark area (not a fish eye but a dark area, and there is) the HCA said it would make a beautiful pendant! and that is what I plan on doing with it, when I have time and inclination and money! Looking forward to seeing you seascape June, my mom, sister, brother, aunt and of course Katie all could paint and well, me? I was very good at logic and law, and of course coding, I can't draw to save my life. Have a wonderful week June, I'm leaving tomorrow so I will be on and off, can't wait to see Autie, hope you see your kids this week and while it was cooler here today too, it was MUGGY. yuck. sending you and huge hug and lots of love June xoxoxo

@Mamabean HEY! more pix of your new and gorgeous ring.. where are you? still in Maryland? what's the plans for the week? Hope you are spending your day starting at your new and really cool setting Joanne! sending you and the family buckets of love and to let you know, I'm off to Atown tomorrow so I will be on and off for a while, so have a wonderful week! xoxoxo

@dazzle66 hi, great advice you gave Missy!

@Slick1 have a wonderful week, I'll be on and off as we are leaving in the morning for Austin.. take care and sending healing thoughts and dust that your operation goes well and I will keep an eye out for what's up with you! xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Greetings and love your way Sharon!

@AV_ hope all is well with you and your plans AV sending you a hug! xoxo

So I'll be on and off and send you all good vibes, caring thoughts and all that jazz.

xoxoxo Kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi, your furbabies don’t want to miss anything. Very cute.

Missy, I am so sorry to hear about Oliver. It’s just not right he has more health issues. Poor kitty. I hope the other kitties don’t catch it. Or you and Greg either. You certainly deserve an uneventful day. I’d be washing everything too. Glad the doctor got back to you and you will see him in 3 weeks. What a relief the power didn’t go out for you guys last night. Good deal they won’t declaw kitties anymore.

Austina, how difficult and heartbreaking it must be for you talking to Shirley. I wish I had some words or comfort or wisdom to help you and her. Marty has quite the library in iTunes so he at least had his favorite music to listen to on the entire trip. He doesn’t mind driving at all. Marty did knock 2 bears on the floor last night; he said they were doing the trust test to see if the other teddy bears will catch them. Nice that you found a cheaper hot water system. Stay cool!

Junebug, I was thinking the same thing that I’ve got a definite soft spot for sweet and cute Ollie and I hate to hear he has another problem. So Missy if caring and good wishes can help you and Ollie it’s coming your way.

My chain from Sam’s club was delivered. It’s not quite as nice as the one I was going to order from Denver so I ordered the other chain and will return the one chain to Sams Club. Darn. Marty reminded me of how does it work out when you try to save money? I hate when he’s right.

We had grilled sirloin, cottage cheese and veggies for supper. My steak wasn’t done enough for me but I ate the edges and of course Marty gladly accepted the middle of my steak since he was already done with his. He’s a hungry guy.

I am looking forward to having the morning off tomorrow. I sure hope the Thunderbirds are visible from here. Marty offered to take me out to the local air base to watch but I have no desire to fight the crowds for that.

I contacted our HOA today and complained about the weeds along the greenway. Marty said they brought in a tractor and a lawn mower and cut quite a bit of it down but left a big patch by our fence and another right across from us on the other side of the greenway. I emailed the HOA again tonight. We pay enough for this I’m going to let them know it’s not getting done. I thought may the area by the fence was our responsibility. Marty said in the 6 years he’s been here he has never had to mow weeds back there. He also pulled weeds out of the rock beside our house that is by the greenway. He’s never had to do that before either. I know they ask for bids every year for landscaping and snow removal; you know they pick the cheapest bid. As Marty reminded me earlier; you get what you pay for.

I am keeping all of you wonderful ladies in my thoughts. May your troubles be minor and your life be blessed.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, we posted at the same time. I like days off during the week too but now I stay home until the school zones are back to regular speed. Ha Ha. Have a safe trip. Hug that cute Autie for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, so sorry to see this latest development! Just when things seemed to be settling down. I don't have any constructive advice, I wish I did. The comments from austina and dazzle have been comforting...gives me hope this might turn out ok and not be such a big deal. I am hoping and praying that's the case! I'm even hoping it turns out Oliver doesn't have it. :pray: At least it's not life-threatening, thank goodness, and you are doing all you can. I know the really rough thing is seeing Oliver unhappy... I won't lie, my heart is hurting a bit too...I have developed quite the soft spot for that little guy. But on the bright side he has all the creature comforts imaginable and you have given him a safe, clean, and very comfortable place to be while he gets over this next hurdle. He's going to be ok! I'm sending you and Greg lots of love and support, you are both doing a great job handling all of this. (((HUGS)))

Hi Junie and thanks so much. Honestly I feel like I am in some sort of surreal nightmare. My sister says this is not an awful thing but I have been doing lots of reading and that includes PSers experiences in old threads and it sure seems like ringworm is very challenging to get rid of and when one has a multi animal household that much more difficult. So yeah once again it's my one day at a time mantra but I am just overwhelmed and worried. Again. It would be so sweet to just have some peace and contentment vs all the stress and challenges we have been experiencing. I do take peace from the fact that if it wasn't for us I do not know what Oliver's future would look like. First a corneal ulcer that would have caused him to go blind in that eye (and very likely the other eye too without our care) and now this. They kill kittens in shelters if they get ringworm because it is so contagious and difficult to treat. Knowing we are Oliver's best bet makes this all easier to bear if you kwim. But not happy we are putting our other cats at risk. I feel very badly about that.

How are you doing? Weather is finally nice again. I hope you get to enjoy outdoors and that your week is going well. (((Hugs))).

@missy Michael had ringworm as a baby and I got it from him, it was too for me just topical, but I read that animals must take medicine. So sorry he has this :( hope you don't get it! :) and sending healing dust for Ollie to get better, you guys are the best furparents. I didn't know people could declaw cats, that is terrible, very happy to see that NY has banned it, it's like cutting off our fingers. I sincerely hope Tommy doesn't get it Missy, it's itchy :( I assume cats scratch it and then they get infected and you have to start antibiotics. Glad you got a lot of riding in, we've had rain all morning but is now starting to clear up at 1:30 pm. Tomorrow we leave for Austin, so I will be hit or miss so if you need to text me or msg me on IG, you probably won't but just in case! Thank you for saying again you would go to Kate's jewelry presentation, she's on cloud 9 because it went well! thank you Missy girl for caring, means a hell of a lot to me. Hope you are feeling good today, any ice cream? Me, I'm busy and the cleaning people are here so I am down in the basement room, dark, not dank because we have this big system that removes water from the air down here, but this isn't a basement with windows except in one area, where my treadmill that I don't use is :) that's me. sending love your way as always. Hi to the wonderful husband and pets to the kids..xoxoxo

Hi Kate the Great. So sorry Michael had it as a baby but I have a feeling it is easier to deal with in babies vs kittens. Try giving a kitten or cat a bath or lime sulfur dip or oral meds. Oy vey. Thanks for your kind comments and support. Dealing with so much is overwhelming but it helps to share here and know you get it. Have a safe trip to Austin Kate. I haven't texted or IG messaged anyone lately. I am not really in a mood to chat with anyone. I am feeling down and trying to be upbeat and positive and I am drawing strength from Greg. Right now he is holding Oliver and playing with him and just loving him. Greg is a saint. I am afraid to hold the little guy yet look at Greg doing just that. Of course I will be the one who gets ringworm I am pretty sure. LOL. The literature states those with sensitive skin and skin issues tend to get it much more easily when they come into contact with someone who has it. That is me. Add that to the fact I am officially very underweight right now and my immune system isn't working well and that is the recipe for disaster. See what happens when I talk? LOL nothing good comes out. My sister says this isn't the worst thing at all so I have to take that to heart. And I know she is right. We have been through worse and in fact I am pretty sure we will be through worse things in the future. I am so sorry Kate but truly appreciate you listening. Girlie, have a great trip and no worries about anything. Just enjoy! Sending you hugs and love.

Missy, I am so sorry to hear about Oliver. It’s just not right he has more health issues. Poor kitty. I hope the other kitties don’t catch it. Or you and Greg either. You certainly deserve an uneventful day. I’d be washing everything too. Glad the doctor got back to you and you will see him in 3 weeks. What a relief the power didn’t go out for you guys last night. Good deal they won’t declaw kitties anymore.

Yes thank goodness they are no longer allowed to declaw kitties in NY. As Kate wrote it is just horrible and like amputating down to their knuckles.:cry2: I look forward to the day there are no longer any kill shelters anywhere. I hope it happens within our lifetime. Thanks Marcy. I feel the same. We all deserve some peace and contentment but it has been elusive since Francesca's untimely death. It seems this is our path right now and we will do the best we can. I remember that quote "One can make a heaven of hell and a hell of heaven" and I need to keep my cattitude cool and make a heaven of this hell we are going through at the moment. Often it is just an attitude adjustment and how one looks at things. So I am going to try keeping it positive and not dwell on the worries and fears. It won't change anything. One day at a time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time.

My chain from Sam’s club was delivered. It’s not quite as nice as the one I was going to order from Denver so I ordered the other chain and will return the one chain to Sams Club. Darn. Marty reminded me of how does it work out when you try to save money? I hate when he’s right.

We had grilled sirloin, cottage cheese and veggies for supper. My steak wasn’t done enough for me but I ate the edges and of course Marty gladly accepted the middle of my steak since he was already done with his. He’s a hungry guy.

I am looking forward to having the morning off tomorrow. I sure hope the Thunderbirds are visible from here. Marty offered to take me out to the local air base to watch but I have no desire to fight the crowds for that.

I contacted our HOA today and complained about the weeds along the greenway. Marty said they brought in a tractor and a lawn mower and cut quite a bit of it down but left a big patch by our fence and another right across from us on the other side of the greenway. I emailed the HOA again tonight. We pay enough for this I’m going to let them know it’s not getting done. I thought may the area by the fence was our responsibility. Marty said in the 6 years he’s been here he has never had to mow weeds back there. He also pulled weeds out of the rock beside our house that is by the greenway. He’s never had to do that before either. I know they ask for bids every year for landscaping and snow removal; you know they pick the cheapest bid. As Marty reminded me earlier; you get what you pay for.

I am keeping all of you wonderful ladies in my thoughts. May your troubles be minor and your life be blessed.

Sorry the Sams club chain isn't as nice as you were hoping it would be. Sorry the steak wasn't cooked enough. Glad Marty got to enjoy the rest of it. Yay for having the morning off and getting to enjoy the Thunderbirds. I hope the HOA takes care of those pesky weeds. Greg spends time trying to win over the weeds but sometimes I feel it is a losing battle.
I hope you have a great day Marcy and enjoy.

@Austina hope you had a decent conversation with Shirley and that it went as well as it could have. Hope you are staying cool and comfy. Hugs to you and Dottie.

@AV_ how is your week going? I hope all is well. Haven't heard from you for a while. Sending love and hugs and let us know how you are doing when you get a chance OK?

@Slick1 hey there, hope all is well and you are enjoying yourself. Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian how are you doing? How are your furbbabies and your human babies? And how is your mom doing? Sending you continued healing dust and hugs.

We are going on a bike ride today. Yesterday we didn't have time as there was so much to do and the weather wasn't great either. Today looks much better. Tomorrow we are supposed to bring our other 3 cats in to the local vet for physicals. If we want them to do the lime sulfur dip on all of the cats they are insisting on examining them despite that we just paid for their physicals when they got sick less than a month ago at the other vets office as they were open Sunday and the vet we are going to with Oliver is not open on Sunday. It was an emergency. Regardless now we are paying again for physicals and it is adding up. I think we have spent in excess of 5K on the cats in the past month. And if we go through with the weekly (or twice a week dips) it will be $500 a week for all the cats every week for months. I am just thankful we can afford it but praying Greg keeps his job long enough or else we might be in trouble. Vet care is expensive when the kitties get sick.We had been lucky up to this summer with the cats. Our luck seems to have run out. Praying we can get everyone well again and rid of ringworm and anything else they might have. We have not even yet started Tommy's thyroid meds. And yes I feel guilty about that but right now we just cannot handle another thing that is not super critical and hopefully Tommy will remain stable til we can take care of that for him.

OK enough from me. Thanks for listening ladies and have a wonderful Wednesday. Hugs to you all.

Leaving you with a hot off the presses Oliver photo from just this moment. He is hanging out with us on the bed.

oliveryawning.jpg

oliverinbed.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I managed to keep myself offline for once. There is chaos!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, you and Greg are by far giving Oliver the best chance and I hope the other kitties don't catch ringworm. I can imagine you'd love be have a nice quiet, stress free, problem free day. You certainly deserve it. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and send you nothing but best wishes dust. Hugs to you my friend.
That is pretty awful about declawing kitties and cats. I remember growing up we would never have it done to our cats. My mom said the same thing about how cruel it is and they can't defend themselves very well anymore. Glad they passed that.
I totally get how hard it is to put horrible loss behind you; I know I'll never be the same again. But as you said you just take one day at a time. It is about attitude and definitely trying to focus on the positive but it's not always easy.
Tell Greg I know it's a non-ending battle against weeds. I saw your yard photos in that other thread - you have a gorgeous yard with lots of beautiful flowers. Sweet.
I know vets are expensive - what you've spent recently is more than our vacation and Marty's trip to Montana cost us. That's just not right. I know you don't hesitate to take care of your sweet kitties.
Cute pictures of Oliver. His eye looks great.

I've been very busy. I took my chain back to Sams, did dishes, started a roast in the crock pot, lifted, did laundry and watched the Thunderbirds. The view from our front driveway was great. Dumb luck though they did fly by our place a few times and I wasn't ready the first time they went by - our lawn guys showed up during the air show so I couldn't hear them coming anymore. I missed several close up shots because they are so fast by the time I saw them fly by they were gone. It was nice to watch from here. Marty decided to head out to the air base. It had never watched them up close before. They bused people to the north end of the base and now he is waiting to get a bus back to the parking lot. I told him I'm already home. Ha Ha. I am going to work at 1 then working until 5.

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV, oh no - I hope the chaos settles down.

Reactions: AV_

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope Oliver made out ok at the vet, sweet little thing. And yes he is definitely a rascal! He seems to have taken quite a liking to Tommy :D Thanks for your nice words! I dunno though, I think cats might kind of hard! They're out of my comfort zone but maybe I'll give them a try down the road. Amazing sunrise and sunset pictures :love:

@Scandinavian, such a beautiful pic of you and your doggies! They are gorgeous animals. And that scenery...absolutely amazing!!! You live in such a beautiful place! Thank you for the compliment <3

@Calliecake, I didn't paint it all at once so I'm not sure...an hour maybe? I kept messing up and had to keep going over it lol. I'm so glad you had a nice weekend, seeing your niece's family and dinner out sounds great. Keeping you in my thoughts and I hope you're feeling ok.

@Tekate, sounds like you are in pretty good shape for your trip! You must be so excited about seeing Autie...I'm excited for you lol. And I'm looking forward to lots of pics. :saint:

My brother and I were just talking about how hot our house was growing up...we had one fan on a stand in the hallway that would rotate and every once in a while you'd get a puff of air in your room. Ok, I know money was tight but seriously, my parents could have sprung for a few extra fans! We didn't even question it though. By the time I was a teenager I did get my own fan lol. And thank goodness we moved up to window air conditioners in the bedrooms by the time I was spending so much time at the house when my mother had her stroke.

@canuk-gal, hi there! Glad it's warming up for you! Enjoy your cycling and I hope you're having a good summer.

@Austina, aw thank you...now I'm trying a "simple" seascape and it's driving me bonkers. My career as an artist might be short-lived LOL. I admire you for buckling down and finishing the garage, ours needs a good cleaning. It's a disaster area right now, ugh.

Nothing new here, did a few household chores and that's about it. I dunno, it was supposed to be cooler today and I guess it was a little...but still pretty hot IMO! I like warm weather but this heat makes me feel so wiped out. I really feel for people who work outdoors when it's this hot.

My oval ring looks its best in daylight imo, so I took it for a spin today.
5447F543-536D-433A-A79F-3951442BD0B1.jpeg

Your oval ring is such a beauty @junebug17 !!!!!!!!!:love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDI's:

Hope all is well.

Sorry about Oliver's newest problem @missy . Some things are just difficult. Sigh.
@Calliecake--the only stones I wish you to have are precious ones! Go away kidney aliments!!
Warm here today but TS already, so no cycling. Rest of the week supposed to be drier. Hope so.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Awww, look at that beautiful little face, and his eye is looking so much better @missy. Yes, it’s true, having pets is an expensive business, but we wouldn’t be without them, would we? We have insurance for Dottie, costs us about £40 a month. We didn’t bother with the others and came out ahead, but as we didn’t know anything about her, and had heard that there could be problems, we decided to take it out. Apart from her spleen problems, we haven’t had a lot of issues with her. Everything crossed that you and the pusskats will all be OK. Stay strong, you WILL get through this.

Safe travels @Tekate, hope you have an easy journey to Tx. I didn’t mean that I didn’t want to talk about Shirley, just that until her son gets her diagnosed, I have to be careful what I say to her. Talking to our friends today, I’m even more convinced she has dementia and has had it for quite a while. It’s such a shame Bob didn’t talk to her about it, or at least get her to a Dr to find out for sure.

Wow, that must’ve been quite a sight @marcy, so glad you got to see them fly over. Years ago, we used to see Concorde pass over our house every day, and it never got old. It was a really spectacular sight, but you had to be quick because it was so fast! I’m glad we got to fly in it, because there’s nothing like it now. Good for you for complaining about the weed cutting, that’s what your fees are for, right?

Hi @canuk-gal hope your weather co-operates so you can get out and cycle soon.

Oh no @AV_ sorry to hear that things are chaotic, I hope your life gets easier soon.

Hi @junebug17 hope you’re keeping cool.

We had terrible thunderstorms last night, so much so, that Dottie got scared so we had to take her upstairs. Normally, she’s quite happy sleeping downstairs, but it was so loud and hot, she wouldn’t settle. I had the overhead fan on all nights and it did help, but it’s hot and sticky :eek2: They’re talking about the temp reaching 38 deg C tomorrow :-o

Our friends took us out to afternoon tea today at a local golf club, as a belated birthday present. We wanted to sit outside in the shade, but they said there were lots of wasps about, so we stayed indoors. We had a lovely time, and it was fun sitting and chatting.

All the doors and windows are open in an effort to keep cool, wish us luck :lol:

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, keeping everyone in my thoughts and hoping this whole ringworm situation isn't as bad as you fear. You saved Oliver's life by taking him in, so please don't feel badly about anything! You couldn't foresee this ringworm thing! I know these are trying times and you've had a rough summer. Hang in there and try your best not to stress, it might take a while but everyone is going to be ok. (((Hugs))). Love the pics of Oliver, his eye is looking good :love:

Wonderful news about the anti-declawing bill! And I'm glad you were able to touch base with the doctor.

Oh no to your parents losing power, I missed that...thank goodness they were able to sleep through it at least.

@marcy, lol, we had a box fan in the living room too...I would lay on the floor in front of it when I was a kid. Glad Marty made it home safely, that's a long trip. Oh no, I thought the bears were safe! Talk about a sneak attack haha. Good for you for speaking up about the weeds, they really should do a better job keeping on top of that. Too bad about the chain from Sam's Club and I hope the one from Denver works out for you. Wonderful pics of the Thunderbirds!

@Scandinavian, what a cute pic of your beautiful doggies :love:

@Austina, great news about the new hot water tap system, Costco saves the day again! Sorry you're dealing with such hot temps, so uncomfortable and hopefully it cools off for you soon. Aw, poor sweet Dottie, I hate hearing she was so afraid but glad she had you and Colin to comfort her. An afternoon tea with friends sounds so lovely.

@canuk-gal, thanks for the nice words! Hope the weather clears up for you, so frustrating to have to stay inside when you want to be cycling!

@Calliecake, thinking of you and hoping you are relaxing and feeling ok, And I'm hoping this kidney stone situation is resolved soon. Xoxoxo

@Mamabean, LOVE your reset! Looks fabulous and really shows off your gorgeous diamond! :appl:

@Tekate, I hope your trip is going smoothly, safe travels. Thank you for the compliment...your MRB sounds beautiful! Maybe a pic when you get back to Maine?:saint: So excited for you to see Autie, give her an extra hug from me, even though she doesn't know me :kiss2:

@AV_, so sorry things are chaotic for you right now, please take care and I hope things settle down for your soon.

Nothing new here...Working on that dumb seascape and I'm ready to toss it out an upstairs window. That would be so satisfying right about now. So much for painting being relaxing LOL

Love to all! <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Sharon, I hope the TS's stay away this week. We had some rain today but not bad.

Austina, I am glad you've never needed the pet insurance for Dottie. I always find that works well, if I get the extended warranty nothing ever happens. When I don't get it sure enough it breaks. That's also why I have insurance on my ering.
How cool you got to fly on the Concorde, it was a very cool looking plane. At our last house we were right in the path of the runways so we got to see planes landing and taking off all the time. We enjoyed it. The Thunderbirds perform every year during our rodeo and then every other year they have a static plane show at our air guard base. They've had some very cool planes over the years, military, old, stunt planets, etc. Today they had some Navy seals parachute in to begin the day.
I hate to hear Dottie was upset by the storm. They can be very loud.
Nice you went out for a belated birthday tea and great idea not to stay outside with the wasps.
Stay cool!

Junebug, too funny about remembering those box fans. I totally remember us girls fighting over who got to have the fan blowing on them and how cool was it when we finally got one of those oscillating fans? They didn't come back and cut more weeds today but it sure it better out there. Thank you about the Thunderbirds. I've always enjoyed watching them. Darn that your seascape isn't coming out as you imagined; I did chuckle about painting being relaxing.

Marty didn't get home until after 1 from watching the Thunderbirds. I was already at work. He's never watched them up close before. When I was teaching we could go watch them practice over the school for several hours the day before the show. I went out all the time and while I took quite a few people with me over the years for some reason he never went with me.

Work was nice and quite this afternoon since most people worked the morning and took off the afternoon. I worked on little chores I hadn't done in a while.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Hope everyone is well and having a good week.

@missy, keeping everyone in my thoughts and hoping this whole ringworm situation isn't as bad as you fear. You saved Oliver's life by taking him in, so please don't feel badly about anything! You couldn't foresee this ringworm thing! I know these are trying times and you've had a rough summer. Hang in there and try your best not to stress, it might take a while but everyone is going to be ok. (((Hugs))). Love the pics of Oliver, his eye is looking good :love:

Thanks Junie. I started a thread re ringworm and it is confirming my worst fears. Greg refuses to read the info and says we cannot keep up that kind of routine unless he quits his job. I am feeling very anxious as this ringworm can be challenging to get rid of to say the least. And with 4 cats and 3 who are very difficult re meds let alone shampooing I just don't know how we are going to handle this. I vacillate between being calm and then overwhelmed. Honestly I do not know if we can handle it but what are our options? Poor Fred and Tommy and Bobby and Oliver. Yes I am blaming myself. No good deed goes unpunished. Why does it take so long for me to learn this lesson? We wanted to help a kitten who had a high probability of losing one or both eyes and so we did. Never did I realize we would be putting all our other cats at risk. And us too. I messaged my derm and he wouldn't say what treatment involves for people just that if I get it we will discuss it but he doesn't realize I cannot come in to see him with what is going on so should I become infected I have no one I trust to treat me but him. And right now he might as well be in another country with what we are dealing with as I cannot leave the cats for that long to get to his office and wait (always long waiting times in his office) and then back to the beach house. If we could be in Brooklyn it would be manageable but we cannot. Can you imagine if we infected the Brooklyn home in addition to the beach house? I have been bleaching/mopping etc daily but it really isn't enough. I am not disinfecting the ceilings and walls and well the list goes on and on. And keeping him in the bedroom with us is the only humane action. We cannot lock him up in a small bathroom visiting him just once a day for a short period of time. I really don't see how we are going to get through this. Sorry. Just when I promise myself I won't come to PS and cry I do. And missing Francesca so much on top of it all. I just dont think I can get through this but have no choice. None at all.

Nothing new here...Working on that dumb seascape and I'm ready to toss it out an upstairs window. That would be so satisfying right about now. So much for painting being relaxing LOL

Oh you are too hard on yourself Junie. I bet it is lovely. Don't throw it out. Give it to me. I will proudly display it. Though it might get fungal spores on it so maybe I will wait til our household environment is in the clear. LOL I hear you on what is supposed to be relaxing. I heard a rumor having cats was supposed to be good for one's health. Umm well I guess most of the time. ::)Hugs to you Junie.

@Slick1 hey there girl, hope all is well. Sending you continued good thoughts, healing vibes and hugs.

@missy I managed to keep myself offline for once. There is chaos!

Yes I hear you on chaos. I am sorry you are going through a chaotic time. I can relate unfortunately. I hope things settle down for you and sending good thoughts and hugs your way @AV_.

I've been very busy. I took my chain back to Sams, did dishes, started a roast in the crock pot, lifted, did laundry and watched the Thunderbirds. The view from our front driveway was great. Dumb luck though they did fly by our place a few times and I wasn't ready the first time they went by - our lawn guys showed up during the air show so I couldn't hear them coming anymore. I missed several close up shots because they are so fast by the time I saw them fly by they were gone. It was nice to watch from here. Marty decided to head out to the air base. It had never watched them up close before. They bused people to the north end of the base and now he is waiting to get a bus back to the parking lot. I told him I'm already home. Ha Ha. I am going to work at 1 then working until 5.

Glad the show was good despite missing some of it. Nice you got to watch it from home. Sweet that Marty got to watch it up close. Love your photos. Thanks for sharing them with us Marcy.

Work was nice and quite this afternoon since most people worked the morning and took off the afternoon. I worked on little chores I hadn't done in a while.

Yes to work being quiet and calm. Glad you had a good day Marcy.

Awww, look at that beautiful little face, and his eye is looking so much better @missy. Yes, it’s true, having pets is an expensive business, but we wouldn’t be without them, would we? We have insurance for Dottie, costs us about £40 a month. We didn’t bother with the others and came out ahead, but as we didn’t know anything about her, and had heard that there could be problems, we decided to take it out. Apart from her spleen problems, we haven’t had a lot of issues with her. Everything crossed that you and the pusskats will all be OK. Stay strong, you WILL get through this.

Thanks Austina. I wish we had insurance. We had discussed it but Oliver was already sick when we adopted him and we decided we had to try saving his vision. The expense is mind boggling but honestly the cost is not what upsets me if we can get them well. I was happy to pay for all those eye visits and so thrilled his eye got better. But what is happening now is a long haul and one cannot just throw money at this. The labor is intensive and if you read what I wrote above I truly am not confident we can handle this. Please forgive me for venting and crying here. I want to be positive but reading about this is just so overwhelming and what one has to do to keep the environment free of spores. And if our other cats do get infected or are infected already that will increase all of this more than fourfold. The cleaning and treatment involved is intense and time consuming and well more than I think we can handle. But we have no option but to move forward so forward we will move.

We had terrible thunderstorms last night, so much so, that Dottie got scared so we had to take her upstairs. Normally, she’s quite happy sleeping downstairs, but it was so loud and hot, she wouldn’t settle. I had the overhead fan on all nights and it did help, but it’s hot and sticky :eek2: They’re talking about the temp reaching 38 deg C tomorrow :-o

Our friends took us out to afternoon tea today at a local golf club, as a belated birthday present. We wanted to sit outside in the shade, but they said there were lots of wasps about, so we stayed indoors. We had a lovely time, and it was fun sitting and chatting.

All the doors and windows are open in an effort to keep cool, wish us luck :lol:

Oh no to your terrible TS and Dottie being scared. I hope she is feeling calmer today and that you are able to stay cool and comfortable today somehow. That is very warm for no air conditioning. Is there a cool place you can all hang out today to escape the heat? Wishing you cool comfort.

@canuk-gal thanks. I know you get it. I hope your weather calms down so you can get back to enjoying cycling soon and I hope you and all your family are well and enjoying the summer. It's going fast.

@Scandinavian how are you doing honey? How's your mother doing? Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

@Calliecake hang in there. You're almost done with this ordeal and you are doing great. XOXO.

So we did get to enjoy a good ride yesterday. 60 miles so not bad and we did get Days Ice Cream. Last time we will be able to for a while. Today we are bringing Oliver in this morning for a lime sulfur bath (poor baby!) and then in the afternoon we are bringing Tommy, Fred and Bobby in for physicals. That was the only way the office would agree to give them lime sulfur baths too. We have not yet scheduled their first lime sulfur bath as they need to assess their behavior. One of the first questions their vet asked me was do they need to be sedated for the baths. OMG I really don't want to sedate them for these weekly treatments so I am concerned about that too. Fred is almost 16 and not sure he can handle anesthesia and Tommy and Bobby too are not young. Butwe cannot administer the lime treatments so if the vet's office won't do it without sedation I have to make a decision. Oy.

Anyway today is the day we get their eval and exams. Please think good thoughts for everyone. Poor Ollie has to be there all day while he is drying from the lime sulfur dip. They told us to drop Ollie off at 8:30 AM and they said don't come back til our 2:15 appointment to pick him up. He is going to be scared. And this is an ongoing treatment for months on a weekly or biweekly basis. :cry2: I just hope it works.

The vet also wants to start him on oral antifungals but my sister is adamant that we should wait on the oral treatment. I think I have to follow what this vet recommends though as I want this to be treated aggressively to try preventing it from getting worse. Everything I read is pretty scary about ringworm especially in a multicat household and especially with my health issues. I am very susceptible to catching this and my history shows I am resistant to skin treatments and for all intents and purposes somewhat immuno-compromised. I don't know who to worry about first lol. My wish is get the cats well and then deal with it for Greg and me if we get it. But I know IRL things don't always work the way one wants them to so we will just take it as it comes and pray for the best.

I didn't forget to get a photo of our Days treat yesterday mid ride.
Coconut milk vanilla caramel chocolate swirl. Very yummy.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 5.44.49 AM.png

And it was a gorgeous cycling day. Photo taken as we were heading back home.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 5.45.55 AM.png

We got rid of our gorgeous shag white rugs yesterday as I decided it was too hard to fully disinfect and get rid of fungal spores.:(

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 5.46.42 AM.png

No worries though. I ordered 2 replacements but when they are delivered they are going into storage away from the fungal spores til the house is safe again. Even if that is 2 years from now. I just pray we can get to that level of safety. Poor Tommy, Fred and Bobby. They loved laying on our shag rugs. Now all there is is bare floors.

Look how sweet Ollie is despite his challenging life since he was born. Sweet baby. Please Oliver get better and make it through this and stay sweet and happy. He really is not happy at being confined to his playpen much of the day.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 5.50.03 AM.png

Have a good day girls and thanks for listening and for your comfort and support. (((Hugs))).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 5.44.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 5.44.49 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I came on here to say I’m leaving for Chicago tomorrow..and will catch up with everyone from there...and saw your post...I’m so sorry you are having to deal with another medical problem with your kitties. Poor Ollie..but more you and Greg...I can’t believe you had to get rid of your beautiful rugs..but I see why it was necessary...I would seriously consider boarding her as someone else has suggested...Maybe that was from the other thread you linked...but they can take care of her treatments until she is well..It will be very expensive but would be much easier for you, Greg and your other kitties. They’ve been through so much too. She will get to see other people and pets....and she wouldn’t be so confined.
I’ve been dealing with a very grouchy David. Since he’s a man it’s been a challenge. I’ve been on PS but with just spurts..here and there...He was much better this morning...I’m crossing my fingers and toes he continues to have a good day.
Talk to you girls tomorrow probably from the airport. I’m such a nervous flyer..I’m starting to get pretty nervous already...:shifty:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Thoughtful Thuderbirds - to bring some of their show to you! No more airshows here (my street ends into the fence of an obscure airbase) - but many helicopter patrols surveying field fires (Portugal has serious ones this summer, this region is similar in the every relevant way) I love planes - in an innocent way (never got to know more about them than meets the eye - except there is a single crystal rotor blade decorating one of the labs I walked through, IMHO the most gorgeous things...)

@missy CHAOS!
Your kind of chaos is bigger than mine ,( I can't say I do not know of illness among a household of more or less tame beats & it never gets easier than what you see... Nature is not kind, but it is close to the best possible (close - not equal.) How do vets quarantine patients?

@junebug17 @Austina @Tekate @Mamabean I wish I knew what news to break here! I still do not know where I am heading.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean it’s something I thought of but unfortunately Oliver is at a critical developmental period re personality and we don’t think he’s fare well being isolated for months at a boarding treatment facility and I also don’t know of any who offer that service. I appreciate your brainstorming for us.

Good luck on your flight. From one nervous flyer to another (((Hugs))).

Thanks @AV_ it is chaos in all capital letters for sure. It’s challenging to quarantine cats who crave interaction with others. Hope your chaos decreases and yes nature is cruel. As is life.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I find it infuriating that no one can give you a diagnostic fast, all considered. How are you supposed to wait for weeks doign everythign as if! ,(((((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I mention my DH was buying me a little something to make me feel better because we’re unable to wisit @missy this summer? So thank you DH and thank you to Adam :mrgreen2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @missy, sending you lots of support and love - Greg has a point...it can be a full-time job doing all that constant heavy- duty cleaning. Honestly, if it was me I don't think I could keep up with it all! I think I would focus on the areas where the kitties spend the most time. I'd probably clean the floors and keep up with the sheets and any blankets the kitties lay on. And yeah, I don't think I could keep Oliver in a bathroom for days either. Again, I think I'd just keep on top of the floor, sheets, and his blankets. I know this is all very stressful and you've had a hard summer, but please try to take care of yourself too. Maybe do something that helps you relax a little and gets your mind off of things for a bit.

Thinking of sweet Oliver and all the kitties, and hoping he tolerated the bath well and they did ok on their exams. It must have been a long day for you. Keeping you all in my thoughts and hang in there missy, I know you are worried but you're all going to be ok. Xoxoxox

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! I'm in East Memphis, AR. If you follow me on IG I put up several pix, one of Memphis and another of East Memphis. LONG Drive, my other half is all about wanking and being tired, men, love my husband boy is he a baby when it comes to be cranky and sleepy, although right now he's playing sudoku or something.. 32 years of knowing him and I still say "John don't think about it, suck it up" etc. never has worked and all it does is piss me off because he's a wanking baby and I react hahaha! love him he loves me but this is ONE thing we just will never work out. Can't wait to get to Austin and see Autie.

@marcy beautiful pix Marcy! how exciting to sit in your driveway and see something so spectacular and I too won't eat underdone steak in the middle, but I too have a husaband that will scoop it up! xo

@junebug17 aw don't worry about your picture June, just do another until he feel more comfortable! xoxoxo

@Mamabean hope the flight went well and you are back on terra firma!

@Scandinavian I can dream of a necklace like that, that is one awesome piece of jewelry! if you could neck shots please.. nice consolation! he's a good guy! xo

@AV_ hope your turmoil settles girl! xo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon! xo

@missy Oh my the cost is mounting for sure.. I cannot IMAGINE having to give a cat a bath Missy, dogs hate them, but cats claw you for sure. Ollie looks so adorable, happy and cuddly, I am sorry the expense is this high, John would F R E A K out, he'd pay it but boy he'd be a basket case, Greg is a wonderful man, as you are a wonderful woman Missy girl.. I am sending healing and happy dust for Oliver and sending HUGE hope that the other kids don't get ringworm too.. Sending you love Missy. xoxoxo

going to check out 'show me the bling' to see if I should be gREEEN! with envy with anyone's new stuff then bed.

next stop Austin!

sending you all my love and friendship.. Kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, dealing with ringworm sounds challenging and long term. I hope it turns out to be minimal compared to what it seem like now. Your place looks nice without the white rugs too but agreed that would be hard to clean. I am glad you got in 60 miles on the bike today and had some ice cream. Hang in there we are here for you and sending mega dust your way. I hope the appointments went well today.

Mamabean, safe travels and enjoy your weekend. Sorry David is having a rough day; I hope he is doing better now.

AV, the Thunderbirds come here every summer and I always try to watch them. The big air show in Portugal sounds great.

Scandi, was a stunning necklace. Details and more pictures please. And good tease leading up to the finale picture.

Hi Junebug and Sharon!

Kate, you are making progress on your trip. It does work out well that I eat the edges of a steak and Marty gets the inside. I don’t mind a little pink but that’s about as far as I go. Marty likes rare.

I spent my afternoon doing something very tedious. Twenty-two tabs in Excel that I needed to changed a column (ranging from about 10 to 80) from lower case to all caps. I know I could have used a formula to do it but it has to be totally accurate so I copied and pasted each line from another source that is already in caps. I was down to my last 2 tabs at 5; I should get done first thing tomorrow then comes the next tedious task printing it out and comparing it to the original document for accuracy.

We had Arby's for supper. Marty is close to getting his gym; they should have it ready the first week or August or earlier. His contract is for 3 years so cross you fingers for me it brings in enough money for rent and utilities. He is excited; I am nervous and not thrilled he'll be gone so much.

Get this - my gold chain arrived today and it's broke. Now i'm nervous this type of chain isn't safe either Maybe I'll email Wink’s elf and ask her for a price on a good chain. I think I have a $200 off my next order from HPD. That is my most expensive pendant and I don't want to lose it.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , I’m sorry you are dealing with this. Hearing worse case scenarios is only going to stress you out more. I would do everything @June suggested. I wouldn’t wash the walls and the ceiling. I also would not keep Oliver in a bathroom for days. You are doing all the right things Missy. Hopefully Oliver will be the only one affected and once his skin clears up this will all be over with. Please keep telling yourself that while it’s a big inconvenience, it’s all fixable. It’s not painful or irritating to cats. I read on line cats probably don’t even realize they have it. Little Oliver made it thru his eye issues. He will get thru this too.

@Austina, It sounds like you are having Austin weather. I’m sorry it’s so hot. Isn’t air conditioning is one of the best inventions ever? I hope they rethink letting Shirley fly. The whole thing is so sad.

@junebug17 , Please don’t throw that picture out the window. You have a whole group of people here who appreciate your works of art as much as we love your jewelry.

@Tekate, Safe travels to Austin!!! I seriously feel your pain about the drive. My DH hates being in the car over 2 hours and has no patience after the 2 hour mark. The last long driving trip we took was about 5 hours. The only thing that made it a little more tolerable for him was we stopped and got a big bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. I had to laugh about your comments about Boris. One of DH coworkers texted him from the UK today that she may call me because she knows I understand how she feels. She is not happy. She feels about him the way we feel about Trump.

I can’t wait to hear about all the fun you will be having with Mike, Cara and Autie. Have a wonderful time Kate.

@Scandinavian , WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Now that is a NECKLACE!!! I’m sure it looks gorgeous on you Scandi!!! Lots more pictures please!!!! I need to pick myself up off the floor now. You shocked the heck out of us with this beauty. I loved the pictures leading up to the reveal. You are always full of surprises Scandi in the best possible way!

@marcy, So happy you had a nice day yesterday watching the Thunderbirds and not having to deal with employees Win/Win! The pictures you took are fantastic. I understand how you feel about Marty being gone more. Can you spend some time at the gym too? Maybe lift weights at the gym instead of at home a few days a week?

@Mamabean, I hope David is doing better today. Have a great time in Chicago Joanne and have fun at the wedding, It’s a fun city with great food and shopping and it’s always fun to get away with your girlfriends. I hope you have lots of laughs and can’t wait to hear if you did any jewelry shopping.

@canuk-gal , I hope all is well with you. I had to laugh at the comments you made about stones. I told the doctor I was much more comfortable talking about diamonds.

@av, I hope things calm down for you. Have you heard anything more on the move?

Nothing new going on here. Its was a gorgeous day here today so we went out for a late lunch and some shopping.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I have no energy so forgive me for being brief. Everyone including us has ringworm. Officially Oliver and Fred but probably Tommy and Bobby and we have to treat everyone. That in itself is a nightmare as they do not take the meds easily and Greg got bloody with the first application this morning. I am not sure we are going to be able to contain this.

@junebug17 thanks for understanding and for your comforting words. At this moment in time I don't see how we are going to get through this. I don't see a clear way through. I hope you have a wonderful day sweet Junie and hugs.

@marcy thank you for the mega dust. Oh no about the chain arriving broken. Hope that gets sorted out. Fingers crossed for the gym and that it covers expenses and more. Glad you enjoyed dinner at Arby's. TFIG marcy. Tomorrow is the weekend and off from work for 2 days woohoo.

@AV_ well we have our diagnosis. I want to hide away til this is all over. Hope you are enjoying a good Friday.

@Scandinavian gorgeous. So glad your dh made you feel better with that beautiful gift. Just purrrfect. How's your mom doing honey? Sending hugs and healing vibes across the miles.

@Calliecake it is the worst case scenario. Glad you enjoyed lunch and shopping yesterday.

@Mamabean hope you arrived safely at your destination.

We got a nice ride in yesterday before the veterinarian appointment and Dave let us come to Days early before he was open so we could get ice cream. How nice is he? Then we went home showered and took the other 3 to the vet and had them examined and we also picked up Oliver from his lime sulfur dip. Oliver tolerated that well but the other 3 did not do well in their appointments and the vet said she doesn't envy us for what we have ahead of us. Neither do we lol. That's all from me girls. Have a good day.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 6.33.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 6.34.30 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results