shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I hear you on the world's best made night gowns ,) - they are, of course, all the highly technical design struggles that go into medical things, ever so rarily are useful. I might have indulged with a few, but mostly have fairy similar civilian versions.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I hear you on the world's best made night gowns ,) - they are, of course, all the highly technical design struggles that go into medical things, ever so rarily are useful. I might have indulged with a few, but mostly have fairy similar civilian versions.
I’ll never go back to nightgowns! I actually only sleep in the top. I put the bottoms on in the morning. The bottoms are on the nightstand in case of a fire! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Junebug, glad to hear you got some new clothes. Sweet. Too funny your DH is so excited about the golf courses there. Glad you are having a nice time and catching up with family. It was a good idea to take extra clothes since your luggage went back to Philadelphia. That scenery shot is of one of the few places around here I think is pretty; I don't find the very dessert pretty.

Kate, the picture of Autie is so cute. She sure looks like a very happy baby. How exciting you'll be seeing her in a few weeks. I am a scalloped potato fan; a friend of mine makes the Martha Stewart recipe that is my favorite.

Missy, I am glad the kitties are eating a bit of food and doing a little better. Those ferals do look at home in your yard. Sweet. I haven't tried Moscato; I will have to give it a try sometime. I like Asti Spumanti better than champagne. I've had wine and margaritas this week. I'm about done with alcohol. These family GTG seem to involve lots of booze. Keeping you in my thoughts - sending Greg safe travel dust to the city and back tonight.

Not much going on here. It's still hot. Shocking, I know! The last 2 relatives arrive today. We are all going to dinner tomorrow night then have the cake and champagne. I asked my MIL if she wanted me to submit an article about their anniversary to a couple of the local papers where they've lived. She thought it was a wonderful idea. Marty and his siblings aren't likely to organize or think of things like that.

I think I'll go work on my August article now.
Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I can’t tell you how happy I am that your kitties are showing signs of improvement! When I saw the photos of Fred and Tommy I thought they looked perkier...I’m praying for continued improvement and sleep for you! BIG...HUGE...HUGS! xxxxoooo

I was out this morning having breakfast with my friend and two of hers. I don’t know if you remember my friend’s friend J has a three stone diamond band with a gorgeous blue diamond in the center. She also had a band to match with blue and white diamonds. I know her a little better now so felt more comfortable to ask her if I could take a photo for you guys...I caught her checking out my cluster on my left hand..so I told her again how much I love her rings. I would say the middle diamond is around 1 carat and the others .75 but it’s hard to tell. The color is AMAZING! I tried to take a good photo but you know I stink at that!
E0B45FBB-A231-4EC2-B574-1045CC5CD68B.jpeg 006BE984-8A39-477A-98EF-7CF378FB2139.jpeg
I’ll be back later today...Chris and his girlfriend are stopping by later and I have to straighten up before they come!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re home, really tired, it was a very bumpy flight :shock:

I’m glad to hear there’s some improvement in the furry boys @missy, hopefully they’re turning the corner on the road to recovery.

We’ve been busy since we got home, unpacked, collected Dottie, then had to go out for the afternoon to a cruise presentation with afternoon tea. Killed 2 birds with one stone, no cooking and it kept us awake!

I’ll have a proper catch up tomorrow, I’m too tired to think straight at the moment.

Hope you’re all having a good day, :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I’ll never go back to nightgowns! I actually only sleep in the top.

That is why I called scrubs a 'gown' (the top is techncialy a very, very short one ,) ... I am a prude...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is why I called scrubs a 'gown' (the top is techncialy a very, very short one ,) ... I am a prude...
I only take my bottoms off for bed. Those bottoms go on when I wake up so I don’t scare my family! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

We’re home, really tired, it was a very bumpy flight :shock:

I’m glad to hear there’s some improvement in the furry boys @missy, hopefully they’re turning the corner on the road to recovery.

We’ve been busy since we got home, unpacked, collected Dottie, then had to go out for the afternoon to a cruise presentation with afternoon tea. Killed 2 birds with one stone, no cooking and it kept us awake!

I’ll have a proper catch up tomorrow, I’m too tired to think straight at the moment.

Hope you’re all having a good day, :wavey:
Welcome home @Austina!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Funny woman! ::)

I am too tired by the heat to anything... Looking forward to a bucket of iced cherries as soonas the grocer opens tomorrow (what else can one eat at 110F - even icecream is heavy)

_

NIRDI, Good night! (GMT+1 version)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Funny woman! ::)

I am too tired by the heat to anything... Looking forward to a bucket of iced cherries as soonas the grocer opens tomorrow (what else can one eat at 110F - even icecream is heavy)

_

NIRDI, Good night! (GMT+1 version)
I’m weird...:P2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhh iced cherries! I just might have to move to Spain @AV_ ...

Busy work days...ooooffff...I'll need a little champagne @marcy with my iced cherries tomorrow. Actually I ate all the rainier cherries. Grapes it is.

@missy ...hoping your furry family is on the mend. A lot of stress--hope Greg gets to town and back without incident.

Junebug--what is IT with men and golf courses??? Enjoy your unplanned new clothes and vacation. Poops to misdirected luggage! Many poops!:mrgreen2:

And hello to the rest of the NIRDI gang!

cheers--Sharon

Attachments

• handful.png
    handful.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

I slept for a few hours, so not feeling too bad.

@Tekate England is known as ‘this green and pleasant land’ so yes, Midsomer village is representative of a lot of the English countryside. Obviously cities, like all cities, are not particularly picturesque. There are still lots of parts that have thatched roofs, but thatching and thatchers are a dying breed, so not that many now, plus the fire risk, and insurance problems means they’re not that common. We met Pierrebear at Central Market downtown, near where she works I think. She doesn’t live in the same area as Adam and Kim. After we had lunch, Kim took me to the jewellers where her ER came from, because she wanted to look at wedding bands.

Continuing to hope that you’ve managed to get the furry boys to eat @missy and there’s been some more improvement with them. I hope Greg had a safe journey to and from the city yesterday and that he can have a more relaxing day today.

Iced cherries sound good @AV_ we’ve eaten far too much ice cream at Adam’s, I feel like I weigh a ton at the moment! :shock:

Hope you’re enjoying your time in AZ @marcy and that the get together is going well.

Your friend’s rings are so pretty @Mamabean, I bet she loves getting compliments on them.
Talking of which, after the cruise presentation yesterday, a lady on our table said “I’ve got to ask you about your rings, they’re amazing!” So I told her the story about meeting Missy in NY and going to OWD.

Hi @canuk-gal I hope all is well with you.

Hope you’re having fun @junebug17 and enjoying your time away.

Hi @Calliecake , how’re things with you?

Must get out to do the food shopping today, the cupboard is barer than Old Mother Hubbards!

:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Well, actually it is not a good morning. My mother’s test results came back yesterday and they are not good. So chemo it is then. Three rounds of that and then new CT scans to check and see how it works. Oh well. She has already been started on pre-meds that will get the body ready for the chemotherapy so they are doing everything possible. We are very fortunate that several of my mother’s best friends actually are doctors in the relevant profession (lung diseases). Positive thoughts. One of my best friends though he had a bad day yesterday and then he called me. Silly guy. I won.

Some pictures from yesterday’s gardening in a separate post to follow

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls!
Well, actually it is not a good morning. My mother’s test results came back yesterday and they are not good. So chemo it is then. Three rounds of that and then new CT scans to check and see how it works. Oh well. She has already been started on pre-meds that will get the body ready for the chemotherapy so they are doing everything possible. We are very fortunate that several of my mother’s best friends actually are doctors in the relevant profession (lung diseases). Positive thoughts. One of my best friends though he had a bad day yesterday and then he called me. Silly guy. I won.

@Scandinavian I’m so sorry to hear your mom’s test results are not what you and we were hoping for. The positive is that she has doctor friends in the field that she needs right now who will do everything to make sure she gets the best of care. Hugs to you..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay @missy praying for continued improvement for your babies. ((Hugs)) all! :kiss2:

Thank you @Slick1, it is a relief. Sweet relief. Tommy has something going on and I do not believe it is just hyperthyroidism but we are keeping a careful watch on him and will see what develops. In the meantime yes everyone is almost back to their "normal" and it makes one appreciate even the annoying behaviors they can have. I love everything about them right now.:lol:

Hope you are enjoying each day of summer and I am sorry it is going so fast. Summer always speeds by but especially now that it is such a small percentage of our lives. You have so much to look forward to and your son's wedding will be a joyous occasion with much to celebrate. (((Hugs)))

@AV_ you had me at iced cherries. Yummmm.:lickout: Save some for me please. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean your friends rings are so pretty. I sleep in a supima (so soft) cotton nightgown. I need it to be sleeveless and above my knees so I can feel the cool sheets and comforter on my skin. I am a "princess in the pea" when it comes to sleeping. Even creases in the sheets prevent me from being comfortable lol. And my pillows need to be fluffed up just right. :cheeky:

@Austina Oh sorry about your bumpy flight but welcome home. And I am glad you slept last night. I love that Bella got noticed and that you enjoyed sharing the story of our meeting. I love how it all went down and each day I am thankful you are enjoying and loving Bella. And thankful for our friendship.
Enjoy your food shopping today...Costco run?
XOXO

@canuk-gal thank you. All went without incident. And things are looking better. I appreciate your good wishes and support. (((Hugs))).

@marcy yes try Moscato. It is delicious IMO. How kind and generous that you are going to submit an article about your in laws anniversary to the local papers. So sweet. Sounds like your in law vacation is going well. No outlaws present this time.:whistle: Good luck with the August article and keep staying cool.

@Scandinavian oh no honey, I am so sorry. We are all keeping your mom in our thoughts and prayers and sending healing vibes to her and big hugs to you. (((Hugs))). Praying it is treatable and that she will be A OK. Thankful she has the best medical team on her side and that she has you guys to advocate for her.

Greg made the trip back and forth amidst thunderstorms and lightning and I won't lie. It was a bit scary being in this big house with just the kitties during the thunder and lightning storm. I kept holding my breath that we would not lose power and that Greg was driving safely back home. It was a long 6 hours. That's the way to keep the time going slowly lol. And he picked up the mail in Brooklyn and there is a letter from my endocrinologist. The way he likes to deliver bad news. In a note form with findings. I am not opening it for a while. It's been 16 days since my visit and at this moment I cannot deal with anything more unpleasant. One day at a time. Concentrating on the kitties for now.

Speaking of kitties I have some news. We have decided to rescue another. Yes we are crazy. And this one has an eye problem. It's a long story but his care is expensive and the rescue person cannot afford it nor has the time to give this baby drops on the hour every hour. So we have officially adopted Oliver and brought him home yesterday. Yup. Crazy. He has a corneal ulcer that is infected. Keeping him isolated from the others in a different cooling zone so they are not sharing the same air. For now. He also has Coccidia which we are treating and is otherwise healthy. We couldn't say no. He is super sweet and I am praying he does not lose his vision. It is a real possibility. We are taking him to see the vet ophthalmologist. There are only 2 veterinarian ophthalmologists in all of Monmouth County. It is a highly specialized field. Even more complicated than ophthalmologists who care for humans. Because they must know all the animals eyes. It is a 4 year Veterinarian school and then a 3 year residency after that.

Anyway meet Oliver. His full name is Oliver Barney then my last name and Greg's last name. He is sweet like sugar. We have not yet introduced him to the other cats. That will have to wait til Oliver's eye is healed and it is safe to introduce them all. We have the OK to adopt him from my sister and from the other veterinarians including the ophthalmologist.

Praying for this little guy that he doesn't lose his eye or vision.:pray:
At the hospital.
oliverbarney.png

In our bedroom where he is staying for now. We have a playpen set up so he cannot hurt his eye. He cannot run around or play poor guy until his eye heals.
oliverbarneyeye.png

Have a good Friday girls. TGIF. And thank you all so much for all your support and good wishes. I appreciate each and every one of you more than words can express and am grateful for your friendship. Makes the sad and tragic somewhat easier to bear and makes the happy times more joyous to share. LOL I swear I did not intend to rhyme. :sun:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Dearest Scandi I am so very sorry you and your family and mom are dealing with this scary disease and we are sending bucketloads and bucketloads of healing dust your mom's way. And lots of love and hugs. We are here for you in any way we can be and please know we will continue keeping good thoughts for your mom and keeping her in our prayers. (((Hugs))).

Universe healing dust being sent your mom's way.
healingdust.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I would never read the sort of letter you have from doctor's office, alone. I'd call it a 'party' - my best cure for dread.

I see Buballah is still doing good .) I cannot not work. From all this distance, I might be guessing that neither can you...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I would never read the sort of letter you have from doctor's office, alone. I'd call it a 'party' - my best cure for dread.

I see Buballah is still doing good .) I cannot not work. From all this distance, I might be guessing that neither can you...

Yes to both points. I am waiting til next week to open the letter. I cannot handle anything more right now.

And yes I guess we just cannot rest. This poor kitty needs us and the rescue group has too much on their plate and the medical care is going to go into the thousands for Oliver. And if he needs eye surgery even more and Greg and I are willing to take that on in honor of our sweet girl Francesca. This is to honor her life and memory that we are taking Oliver. To try giving him the best quality of life we can. I know Frankie would want us to do that. She really would have. A sweeter kitty than Francesca we will never find. A truly good soul. We both miss her so much. It still hurts more than I can say. There is not an hour that goes by I am not still crying over my dear girl. But we are trying to bring the positive to what is a tragic situation and hoping we can help little Oliver.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Scandinavian I hope your Mum tolerates the chemo well and makes a full recovery.

Oh @missy, I :love: Oliver, I’ve always had a soft spot for gingers, he looks adorable, and I know with your love and care, he’ll do well.

The lady in the jewellery store I went to with Kim was also admiring Bella, and cleaned her for me, she was sparkling her socks off!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww @missy So happy your babies are improving and you’ve added a new family member. I love his coloring. Reminds me of a couple of cats who have blessed my life. Best of luck with him. I’m sure you can get him back to complete health again! Enjoy and many ((Hugs)). :kiss2:
@Scandinavian I am so sorry about your mom’s diagnosis. Sending many warm get well health vibes to you and your family as you all fight this. :kiss2:
@marcy I hope you’re surviving both the
Heat and the family! Enjoy!
Hi @Mamabean when do you get your reset back. Can’t wait to see it!
@AV_ I so enjoy reading your posts. You have a gift of prose.
@junebug17 I hope you’re enjoying your vacation.
I’m off to the beach for a week so I may be absent for a small while. When I come back we’ll get this past surgery behind me and hoping the c diff follows suit.
((Hugs)) to all the NIRDIs ❤️

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian, I’m so sorry about the news your family received regarding your mom. She is seeing great doctors and is connected with people that are extremely knowledgeable. Stay positive Honey. They make advancements and new treatments are approved and available all the time. Your mom also has a very strong support system of people who love her which will also go a long way in helping her stay strong during treatments. How are you doing? I’ve always admired how you seem great about not sweating the small stuff. Getting news that one of our loved ones have a serious illness can rattle the strongest among us. Please let us know if you need support Scandi even if you don’t want to talk about what is going. It sometimes helps just knowing others are here for you if you start to feel overwhelmed. Hugs

@missy, I’m so glad you are getting Tommy, Fred and Bobby to eat something. Even small amounts of food help as does keeping them hydrated. Congratulations on Oliver joining the family! He looks so tiny. I’m sure he will bring much joy to you and Greg. Hopefully they all will be feeling much better soon and Oliver’s eye issue will be resolved quickly. Sending healing dust to all of them.

@junebug17, I hope you are enjoying your trip and having fun with your family.

@Mamabean, I looks like you and your friend had fun playing with jewelry. Her ring is beautiful. Is great when our friends understand our live of jewelry.

Austina, I hope you are able to rest up now that you are home. Of course someone noticed Bella beauty. Bella can easily been seen 6 tables away lol. If you figure out away to get the ice cream pounds to melt away quickly can you please let me know?

@Tekate, Your niece looked lovely at their wedding. The picture of her and her husband is beautiful. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the picture of Autie. She looks like such a joy. Its great that you are able to go back and forth to visit her often. It’s amazing how quickly they change as babies and great that you aren’t missing this Kate. We saw my nieces who was visiting from the west coast yesterday and had a great time. Her baby is also a very happy baby and was all smiles. Seeing my niece with with her baby was so heartwarming. Even though I’ve always known she would be a great mom, it’s so special and touching seeing it first hand. The kids in our family have always meant so much to me, especially because I wasn’t able to have children of my own.

@mambean, It’s so nice that your friend also likes jewelry. S

@marcy, How are you dealing with the Arizona heat and the family? Are you making mudslides yet??? I hope you are having good time. I don't anyone who like over 100 degree weather. The only good thing is they don’t have the humidity.

@av, I’m with you on not preferring to get medical results alone. The older I get the more health tests scare the hell out of me. I hope you haven’t been working too hard. Although it sounds like you really love your work. I get it, I too loved working.

@canuk-gal , My husband is the same way with golf and golf courses. I swear they can smell a golf course miles away. I’ve always looked at it that there are so many other things he could be doing that I guess I see golfing as a harmless blessing. Heaven knows the man has put up with me shopping for years and never complained about it.

@Slick1, Are you getting excited about the wedding? Hopefully this nightmare that you have been dealing with will be over after the operation and you can get on with your life without having this to worry about. When do you find out if the C diff is gone for good?

Not much going on here. We need to work in the yard and I want to get some shopping in this weekend. I also need to schedule another test and try to figure out what to do since the doctor will be on vacation after today. It’s always something.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Mamabean, I really like your friends blue diamond. I had a 1/2 carat blue diamond in a RHR but sold it once to buy some other piece of jewelry. I miss it sometimes.

Austina, glad you made it home okay. Sorry it was a bumpy ride. How fun to share your story about meeting Missy and how you wound up with your gorgeous Bella. The family gathering is going okay. The majority of us get along great. One of Marty’s sisters and her daughter are getting on most of our nerves; they remind me of my Moaning Minnie. Drama, tragedy, victims, etc. Her daughter has a 3 year old boy that is a complete and utter brat. Won’t mind anyone and we see why; if mom or grandma corrects him - and that is pretty rare - they don’t follow through. If someone else gets after him he screams bloody murder, stomps his feet and runs off crying. Yesterday he was a total brat at lunch (we went out) and they still took him out to get the toy they promised him if he was good at the table. I asked Marty what lesson did that teach him?

AV, between the AC and fans here I slept wearing 2 tops and 2 pairs of pants last night and was still chilly. I should have brought my thermal PJ’s to Arizona. It’s 110 here today as well. Mmm cherries.

Sharon, iced cherries do sound good, huh? I’ll have a glass of champagne for you later today.

Scandi, I am so sorry to hear your mom has to start chemo. My thoughts are with all of you and sending her mega healing dust. I am glad she knows some good doctors. Pretty pictures.

Missy, I am glad to hear the kitties are almost back to normal and hope they figure out what is going on with Tommy. I have to have the bed just right to sleep in as well - if my sheets, blankets and pillow aren’t perfect I am uncomfortable and can’t sleep. The storm does sound scary; I bet it was a very long 6 hours for you. Glad to hear Greg made it back okay. Oh no; I hate to hear you have a letter from the endocrinologist; open it when you are ready. I hope it’s some paperwork they need signed and nothing more. Oliver is a cutie. I know you and Greg will help him get better; love can do wonders.

Slick1, have a fabulous time at the beach.

Callie, ooh a mudslide sounds fabulous. I might look in to one of those at supper today. Thanks!!! I actually wore a cotton sweater all day yesterday - outside it was too much but other than that I needed it with the AC going. The humidity here isn’t much different than Wyoming so I don’t notice it. I am enjoying seeing Marty’s family; most of them are great. Darn that you have to schedule another test. I hope that kidney stone has gone away by now. Take care.

We all went out yesterday afternoon for Mexican food then Marty and I found a Cold Stone to have a dish of ice cream. Darn it I forgot to take a picture. Last night we met again at the BIL’s rental house for visiting and drinks. Marty’s friend that lives here came over with his wife and granddaughter. This morning Marty and his sister met everyone to swim then were going to the gym to lift. All of us are going to dinner to celebrate the in-laws 50th anniversary. Then we’ll go back to the BIL’s place for cake and champagne. Tomorrow morning is packing and flying home. Woo hoo!

My MIL has her diamond dangles on; now I want some. She hated wearing screwbacks so I’ve been suggesting for years she get her studs made in to dangles. She said the diamonds are 1 carat each; so they look very nice in dangles. My studs are 1/2 carat each; I was checking prices on WF this morning - sadly no way can I afford that kind of an upgrade right now. Phooey.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Congratulations on the addition of Oliver to your family! He is so cute! I think the capacity of your hearts are unlimited! What a wonderful way to honor Francesca...You didn’t pick a perfect adoptable kitty..You adopted a sweet kitty that already had challenges and you both took it on...He is one very lucky kitty! I’m hoping that they will all be in healthy shape very soon and chasing each other around! :love: I’m glad Greg got back safe and sound. Last night we had unexpected heavy rain and thunder...Of course it came in my basement again...
@Slick1 I emailed David about the space under the prong head but he hasn’t answered me yet. That space is weird..I don’t think it’s a reflection because it’s so white and I can see the bottom of the head..I hope you have fun this weekend...It was so nice of you to give up your spot for a cancer patient. I wouldn’t expect any less from you...You are a good person..
@Austina I’m happy you feel rested already...It takes me a long time to feel normal after a long trip overseas. At least you can rest when you want because you cleaned your house spotlessly before you left. I always try to do that even when I go to Maryland. I bet that jeweler hasn’t seen a diamond like yours often...if at all! She is something...Please show us more photos...:geek2:
@Scandinavian I love the photos...Is that directly behind your lake house? Beautiful!
@marcy Are you still enjoying your trip? I have a tiny family..so all the family members are on my husband’s side. They are all good people. His father gave me problems when we were engaged but in time he warmed up to me..... I’m so glad because he passed away a few years after that. My husband’s mother died the August before I met him in January...so I never had a mother in law. I just read so much about girls hating their mother in laws that I made sure I didn’t do any of the things they talked about. Truthfully I wouldn’t have done those things anyway....My mom has lived with me for eight years so I get not being together in the same house with relatives...:silenced: I would love to get a blue diamond. It’s a shame you sold it..but maybe you can get one at another time..

@Calliecake :wavey: Hope you continue to feel well. When is your next scan to see if it’s gone?
@junebug17 That was smart thinking to pack some extra clothes...not in your suitcase that had a vacation of it’s own..I bet you had fun with your daughter and her boyfriend..I love seeing my boys..daughter-in-law and grandson..It makes me so happy...
@av I enjoy reading your posts on diamonds on other threads...I hope you have a wonderful weekend and not too hot!
@Tekate Autie has the sweetest baby smile! She makes me grin from ear to ear..What a happy baby! Your scalloped potatoes sound yummy!
@marcy and @junebug17 I told everyone there that I wasn’t her neighbor so they knew I wasn’t family. I now know what medications she’s taking..and some of them are potent ones..I wonder if she remembers they rattled all of them off with me there. I kept trying to excuse myself but both my neighbor and the nurses kept telling me to stay...She’s doing much better now..I offer to do grocery shopping or help her with dinner..but she’s pescatarian and I don’t eat fish or lots of veggies..so I’m useless other than chopping veggies for her. She said she did it all before she had the surgery and made meals for herself...She’s now taking the bus for seniors to get what she needs..and to go to appointments..She’s back to being independent which is what makes her comfortable..so it’s good..
Have a great day everyone! Hugs to you all!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm so happy to hear that the kitties are feeling and doing better, that is such great news. And Oliver is a sweetheart :love:and I'm hoping and praying he doesn't lose his eye or eyesight. It is wonderful of you and Greg to give him a good and loving home where he will get the best of care. It is a beautiful tribute to Francesca too. Love the pic of the sweet ferals too.

@Scandinavian, I am so sorry to hear your mother's test results were not what you were hoping for and she needs chemo. Sending healing thoughts and I hope she tolerates the treatments well and that they are effective. I know this is such a hard thing for everyone. (((HUGS)))

Love your pics, such gorgeous scenery. You live in such a beautiful place.

@Slick1, have a great time at the beach.

@Calliecake, so glad you had a lovely time getting together with your niece and the baby. I love babies. :love: I'm sorry this testing is dragging on like this and I hope you get a better idea of what's going on soon.

@Austina, welcome home and I hope you and Colin are adjusting and getting back to normal. How nice you were able to get together with Pierrebear. And what a lovely compliment about your rings...I'm not surprised, Bella is stunning!

@marcy, cake and champagne...yum! Have a great time celebrating. What a great idea to submit an article to the papers about your in-laws anniversary, 50 years deserves some recognition! It's draining being around a child who behaves badly, and sad because it's not really his fault...the adults in his life aren't doing their job. :( Your mil's earrings sound so pretty...I get why they gave you the urge for dangles.

@Mamabean, your friend's rings are gorgeous! thanks for getting a pic, always love seeing pics of pretty bling. I'm glad your neighbor is getting back to a more normal routine and able to do things for herself. It is really nice of you to lend her a hand when she needs it.

@Tekate, what an adorable pic of Autie! :love: I'll bet you cannot wait to see her.

@canuk-gal, hope you get a little break from work soon. I know...some men just really seem to love golf courses lol. Dh says it's very relaxing to be on a golf course.

Having a nice time, the weather has been good so spending time at the beach and pool...we have access to a few swim clubs so we've been spending time there. Tomorrow we're heading into Charleston for dinner.
B6A959C2-1F34-42D3-A3A1-D51BF5C97B54.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hi, I will have to try the Martha Stewart recipe because this one I use is okay, John raved but I thought it was blah :) how's the article going? the only thing I will be upgrading is my pjs, no money! .50 carats is a good size I think. xoxoxo

@Mamabean I wear he-man shirts to bed and underwear AND in the winter in Maine I wear granny gowns :) funny I'm moving back to Texas because I truly hate hot weather, but Autumn Marie calls and John is super psyched so he can build a new house with solar panels. ha! we shall see, money is a object he seems to be ignoring. I'm weird too and I love it!

@Austina Welcome home and thank you for the info, we LOVE Midsommer, I think Engand is beautiful and green, only been there once but I did travel around a bit. Glad you met up with PierreBear in Austin, so many good restaurants to pick from.

@Scandinavian I am very sorry to read your mom has cancer Scandi. My mother, brother and aunt all had lung cancer so I guess it runs in my family. Good medicine is the best, sending healing thoughts to your mom and love to you all. Scandi the pixs are beautiful.

@missy I'm glad to read you are rescuing and adopting another beautiful, gorgeous cat Missy, Oliver is lovely. Sorry that Oliver has the corneal problem and the coccidia, Daisy had coccidia after our first vet appt when we bought her on the side of the road in Austin, it turns out she was an animal that was born in a puppy mill and she was the runt, but never ever have I ever thought once about the money, time or love, the coccidia is curable with antibiotics, takes a while. Missy I am very happy to read the kids are getting better, you deserve this! Have you read this: https://gizmodo.com/a-common-household-chemical-may-cause-thyroid-problems-1836252202

I saw this last night and thought of you. I think to adopt another rescue in Frankie's name is wonderful, save a life and it's the most loving thing I think you and Greg can do for yourselves and Francesca really. So what kind of schmuck doctor sends bad news by snail mail? sorry but really it seems wrong to me, I suppose it's better than calling to come in and not saying why.. I am hoping it's basically the usual bad news, nothing changes etc. xoxoxo to you honey.

@Calliecake Callie, so nice and wonderful to say all those sweet words about my granddaughter and niece and your grandniece and niece, I would bet tons Callie your nieces and nephews hold you in their love spot, I do! One thing I learned after having Mike that shocked me and I said this to John (truth!), "I don't understand, I don't love him more than Katie and Danny"! no lie, I cannot say I love my sons more than I love my nieces and nephews, I can say that I would put my sons first in an emergency, but I would do my best to help all of them truth be known, love is love Callie, whether it's aunt or mom love, and I believe that. How are you feeling? why do you have to find another doctor? I have been off more than on lately, so so sorry if I missed something Callie sweetie.. here's to a decent and happy Friday Callie xoxoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon!

@junebug17 hope you are having a wonderful time Junie! Thank you June, I can't wait to see Autie! June, your pictures are gorgeous! the beach looks so nice AND the ocean always invitiing, the sound of the waves, you and @missy are the Atlantic Ocean girls! have a great time in Charleston, one of a few places that I have wanted to go to that I haven't! i'd say June I"m green with envy but truth is, happy for you and your husband and family, I can't thnk of anywhere I would rather be than at the ocean. =)=) xoxoxo

@Slick1 sending healthy vibes your way girl.. love your new ring btw, I need a spacer for my new ring and of course a new diamond wedding band, I'm working on John as I type! it takes time for the man to warm up to me spending MORE money on jewelry but I will get there... hope all is going well on your summer vacation and all goes well with the operation. xoxo

@AV_ must be getting close to bedtime, hope you had a wonderful day AV! xo

We didn't do anything today but walk the dog 2x and I made chocolate cookie dough and I'm making a pizza for dinner, as I said to Austina, we've been streaming Midsommer (LOVE IT) and I've also been streaming the Outer Limits from the 60s! it's been great but tonite is my next to last show :( and also I have been binging on Stranger Things!!! this show is the best TV show ever, love it.

So here I am with my niece and her new hubby, she was saying to me "Aunt Kate, I can't move the chair to let you in more it's too BIG!" love this kid to me but 39 yr old woman and here's one of John and I with the bride and groom!!! FRIDAY LADIES! yahoo.

chaunceyTaraKate.jpg tarachaujbme.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful photos @Tekate! You look so cute! It looks like you photobombed their photo! :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results