carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh Missy of course you are distressed! This is very upsetting. Poor furry buddies. Healing vibes across the miles......and power to the antibiotics!!!

Scandi--I am sorry to learn about your Mom. May they find nothing wrong or if they do it can be easily remedied. Healing vibes across the big pond...…..

My Mom turned 84 this week and she has not been feeling herself. She has had 2 strokes (great recoveries) and we worry constantly about her.

Our weather had been warm and wet (thunder storms) but we've been cycling around it . At least there are not earthquakes!

JuneB--you vacation looks gorgeous! Enjoy!

:wavey:NIRDI's

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It is HOT, HOT, HOT out there :shock:

@missy, one time Harry had an upper respiratory tract infection, bloody nose, lethargic, off his food, we were so worried we were going to lose him. The vet put him on AB’s, and he slowly got better. I’m hoping the kitties will start to improve now they’ve been rehydrated and given some AB’s. Keeping everything crossed that things start to look more positive. Please don’t feel that we don’t want to hear what’s going on with you, good or bad, that’s why we’re all here right?

Enjoy your lunch @marcy, always nice not to have to cook. How’re things going with the gym, is Marty up and running yet?

Hope your Mum gets good news soon @Scandinavian, the waiting is agony for you all.

Save travels @junebug17 I hope you arrive without any delays.

Glad to hear you’re feeling ok @Calliecake, let’s hope that pesky stone is gone. Have fun with your folks tonight.

The lake was really crowded @Tekate, we met up with Kim’s sister and BIL and their families, 6 excited little kids, and lots of noise :lol:

Are you doing anything this weekend @AV_ ?

Hi @canuk-gal , glad to hear you’re getting some decent weather.

We’re really tired, this heat is totally stifling, we enjoyed the trip though, nice to do something different.

Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, just hope it brings good news for everyone :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina Eighteen letters to do! I've lost count, so here I am dawdling... There might be dinner in town to deliver one of these in person (a kind of examination, in fact.)

I call this Fun ,)

___

will catch up with NIRDI

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Marcy and @canuk-gal. I appreciate you comforting words and good wishes and I appreciate your compassion and kindness.

@canuk-gal I am glad you are enjoying some nice weather and cycling.

@marcy I missed it. Where are you traveling? Oh wait I think you are gong to Arizona. Wow it's hot there now. Have a safe trip and enjoy and stay cool and comfy.

@Austina glad you were able to save Harry. It's so scary not being able to get our furbabies to eat and drink. This AM I spent 45 minutes trying to get them to eat and take some water. I was able to get Tommy and Bobby to eat a little but not drink and Fred was just refusing everything I offered him. Warmed up turkey baby food, warmed up sardines, warmed up kitty food, and all their yummy treats they normally go bonkers for. I am at a loss right now as to what to do.:cry2: I will keep trying.

Hope the rest of your trip is fun and that the weather cooperates.

@AV_ the dinner you are delivering is mysterious and interesting and I do hope it is fun. Please elaborate if you can and want to that is. Sounds intriguing.

Leaving you with a photo from about a year or so ago...4 kitties on the bed. What I would give to have this time back.

4catsonbedfeb2018.jpg

Have a lovely Sunday girls.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy ! I am not good at dealing with the end of the world either... I would send every hug - if they could be mailed!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

@missy we were posting in the same time;

Re. dinner - I am meeting a collegue to discuss a bit of theory; my letters are also about such things that are not supposed to be personal - but they sure are! It might be impossible not to feel something or other (!) for a piece of work taking years to put together (some tell of taking decades...; the longest I took to work on a problem is twelve years & it is a sort of extra arm now ,)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I know nothing about cats. But my vet tells me that if you put sticky food on their legs, they might lick it of because they like to be clean? We trues it on T when he was sick but no luck... he is a dog though and likes rolling around in mud... so might be worth a try?

@AV_ 12 years on a problem = you are awesome for hanging in there! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Scandinavian thanks. They would just leave it there right now and in any case even if they were to lick it they wouldn't be getting enough nutrition or fluid that way. They are all so lethargic and are having trouble smelling and breathing. We are taking it minute by minute. And no one is having a BM or urinating. Thanks so much for your suggestion and I appreciate any and all suggestions.

How is your mom feeling today Scandi? Continuing to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy The photos of your furries are so wonderful..They are the sweetest looking kitties. It hurts me to look at them healthy so can’t even imagine what it is like for you and Greg...What is is baffling is that they are all sick at the same time...I’ve been googling...trying to see if someone had the same experience with their cats but I haven’t been successful. You and Greg are doing everything possible to help them. There’s nothing else to do that you haven’t done already. I’m hoping it’s some kind of virus that miraculously leaves you with well kitties...When did the vet say the blood test results will be in?
@Austina It sounds like you had a good time at the lake...It’s been very hot here too. It was 97 degrees the other day and I just about wilted into a puddle. I wear linen exclusively in the summer because I can’t wear anything else...it’s just too hot. I just have to be happy to be a little wrinkled..which is fine with me..
@junebug I’m happy you are having fun..I love the photo you posted of the lake. That’s sweet that your hubby was excited to go to SC. I’m thinking you are there already? Have a great time!
@Calliecake It’s possible you passed the stone! I hope so! I hope you had fun at the festival and dinner with your parents...
@marcy You better pack some sunscreen too! I would positively fry in that sun in Arizona..I hope you have the best time! It’s nice you could see the fireworks from where you are...Funny story...We have a popular tourist place near us that does fireworks every year. It so close that we can see them from our house. One year I was having dinner with a bunch of people and I mentioned that I could see and hear fireworks from my bed every evening! :roll2:I meant actual fireworks but after everyone had wine and was feeling silly they chose to think it was my dh and I that set off fireworks in our bed! I’m never going to live that one down.. :lol:
@Scandinavian I hope the results come in soon for your mom and they are okay..Your house is gorgeous! I love it..
@Tekate..I’m with you about the tourists crowding everything. Our second house is in a tourist area and we can’t even find a place to park in town. We would walk but my mom is 93 and she refuses to have a wheelchair...So...we wind up driving out of town to eat dinner...I think I spent a larger portion of the time since Tuesday in the house. It’s tooooo hot! We’re leaving today. After the fiasco with bloodwork I found out that my doctor forgot to order the one test to check my platelets count. If I have to go back I’m going to scream.
@Slick1 How was your July 4th? Ours was quiet spent in the house in Maryland. It was nice..
@AV_ Did your meetup with your friend result in also having a delicious dinner? Ice cream?
We’re heading back to Pa today..I have to pick up my neighbor from surgery tomorrow. They will do an operation to insert a pin in her wrist. She called me to say she tried to do Lyft but the surgical center wouldn’t release her unless she had a person she knows bring her home. None of her friends would do it. I felt so bad for her..She’s all alone and found out she can’t be as independent as she would like. I told her I could also take her but she insisted on taking Lyft there.
Talk to you all from home.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean. Veterinarian said she’d call today. So far no call. Thank you for all your warm wishes and prayers. You’re a wonderful neighbor to be picking her up from surgery tomorrow. Have a safe trip back today. And (((hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean. Veterinarian said she’d call today. So far no call. Thank you for all your warm wishes and prayers. You’re a wonderful neighbor to be picking her up from surgery tomorrow. Have a safe trip back today. And (((hugs))).
I will be checking my phone at the lights..I’m hoping the blood tests on Fred show a benign treatable illness...It probably doesn’t hurt that he also got an antibiotic just in case..
This is the neighbor that had that horrific car accident. I don’t know if I mentioned she made a left turn into a truck and wound up in the ditch. She is so lucky to be alive...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Sending good thoughts and hugs. I know nothing about cats so I read up on cat viruses last night. It can take anywhere from 7 to 21 days for them to fully recover.

I’m surprised the vet didn’t say to bring them back daily for the hydration treatments until they are eating and drinking. The vet had us bring our furbaby back everyday until she began eating and drinking. I believe it took about 5 days with her being on meds before she was eating and drinking well. Once she started to eat and drink we were able to stop the treatments. It calmed me down some knowing she was getting vitamins and fluids in her even if she wasn’t eating or drinking.

Is knowing they are on meds helping you feel to a little better? I know it’s a impossible not to be extremely worried but at least you know all the right things are being done to get them well. Hopefully the meds with work quickly and you can relax a little. It’s understandable that you are worried sick.

@Scandi, Sending more dust for your mom. I hope you are hanging in there and doing okay.

@junebug17 , I showed the pic you posted to DH. He said all it needs is a gold course. Our husbands sure do think alike! I hope you are safely in SC and enjoying your time there.

@Austina, It sounds like you are having a great time. Anytime there are group of kids together there is always lots laughter and shrieks. My SIL’s used to think I was crazy when I would take all four of the kids.

@Tekate, I hope you had a great time at the wedding!

@canuk-gal, I’m sorry about all your mom has been thru. I hope she is doing well now.

@Mamabean, I laughed at your fireworks story. Fireworks are a nightly event for a whole week around July 4th where we live. It’s crazy. I hope all goes well with your neighbor’s surgery tomorrow. It’s so kind of you to help her out. It’s finally going to be cooler today here. Hopefully this cooler weather is headed your way. Have a safe drive back one today. I hope the stone is gone. I go back tomorrow for an ultrasound and an X-ray.

@marcy, I’m never thought about the flowers being an upgrade but it sure is true. I always thought of flower plantings like decorating. When do you leave for your trip? Arizona is hot this time of the year. I hope you have a wonderful time.

We had a good time yesterday afternoon. We didn’t end up staying long because it was so hot and crowded. We then met my parents for dinner and came home.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, what a stressful and upsetting situation, I am just so sorry and I hope this turns out to be some kind of virus that will run its course and I'm hoping the antibiotics help them feel a bit better...but I know it's extremely worrisome when a furbaby won't eat or drink, And you are dealing with 3...and also to not have a definite diagnosis. It's just crazy that all 3 got so sick at the same time. You are doing a great job trying to get them to eat. I'm sending you lots of love and support, and of course hugs too. Xoxox

@Calliecake, nice to hear you had a good day and I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your parents.
So funny that our dhs think so much alike! I really hope you get good news tomorrow and that stone is gone. :pray:

@Mamabean, you are a great neighbor and very kind person. It is so nice of you to go out of your way to help someone who needs assistance. I feel for her, it must be so scary to realize you're on your own and have to deal with these situations by yourself. Thank goodness she has you to help her out.

@AV_, I hope dinner with your colleague went well. I can see how you could get attached to projects that you have put so much time and effort into.

@Austina, glad you enjoyed the boat ride, it really is nice to do something you normally don't do. Be careful in the heat.

@marcy, good luck with your packing. When are you heading to Arizona?

After a 2 hour delay our flight was cancelled yesterday. We were in Philadelphia, so we just went home...I have another flight to Charleston tomorrow, and dh has to go to Houston for a meeting tomorrow so he'll go to SC on Tuesday. Unfortunately our luggage went to Charleston. I'm going to see if I can get it tomorrow but it might have been sent back to Philly. Not the end of the world by any means but all the clothes that fit me are in that suitcase lol. I'm going to run out today and buy another pair of capris and a couple of tops to tide me over until I get my suitcase back.

Take care everyone xoxox

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy, what a stressful and upsetting situation, I am just so sorry and I hope this turns out to be some kind of virus that will run its course and I'm hoping the antibiotics help them feel a bit better...but I know it's extremely worrisome when a furbaby won't eat or drink, And you are dealing with 3...and also to not have a definite diagnosis. It's just crazy that all 3 got so sick at the same time. You are doing a great job trying to get them to eat. I'm sending you lots of love and support, and of course hugs too. Xoxox

@Calliecake, nice to hear you had a good day and I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your parents.
So funny that our dhs think so much alike! I really hope you get good news tomorrow and that stone is gone. :pray:

@Mamabean, you are a great neighbor and very kind person. It is so nice of you to go out of your way to help someone who needs assistance. I feel for her, it must be so scary to realize you're on your own and have to deal with these situations by yourself. Thank goodness she has you to help her out.

@AV_, I hope dinner with your colleague went well. I can see how you could get attached to projects that you have put so much time and effort into.

@Austina, glad you enjoyed the boat ride, it really is nice to do something you normally don't do. Be careful in the heat.

@marcy, good luck with your packing. When are you heading to Arizona?

After a 2 hour delay our flight was cancelled yesterday. We were in Philadelphia, so we just went home...I have another flight to Charleston tomorrow, and dh has to go to Houston for a meeting tomorrow so he'll go to SC on Tuesday. Unfortunately our luggage went to Charleston. I'm going to see if I can get it tomorrow but it might have been sent back to Philly. Not the end of the world by any means but all the clothes that fit me are in that suitcase lol. I'm going to run out today and buy another pair of capris and a couple of tops to tide me over until I get my suitcase back.

Take care everyone xoxox
Oh no @junebug17! How disappointing! I hope you’re able to get it tomorrow!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Continuing to hold you and Greg in my thoughts, and desperately hoping that the kitties are doing better @missy. Things can change so quickly with them, I hope for the better and the AB’s are kicking in and working some magic.

Oh no @junebug17, I hope you get your flight tomorrow without anymore hassles and that your clothes arrive safely.

I imagine it’s even hotter in Az than it is here @marcy, it’ll be quite a shock to the system to go from hail to heat.

Glad you had a good time yesterday @Calliecake, I hope you’re continuing to feel good.

That’s so good of you to help your neighbour out @Mamabean, I hope she isn’t suffering any other problems from her recent accident. Your firework comment made me :lol: I remember reading that Cher was in LA during an earthquake, when her partner turned to her and asked if the earth and moved for her too!

I hope your dinner meeting went well @AV_

We went to the Outlets today with Kim, Colin needed new trousers as he’s lost weight and his look huge on him :shock: Managed to get 4 pairs in Van Heusen, and I got a lovely pair of aubergine coloured jeans, not that I needed them, but I loved the colour.

New week tomorrow, and hopefully some good news.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Sharon, I am glad your mom has recovered from her strokes. Sorry she has not been feeling herself; it is worrisome knowing they are struggling. We’ve been having horrible thunderstorms too. Glad you are managing to get in cycling around and in between the storms.

Austina, I’m with you on HOT, HOT, HOT. It’s 105 here. They are still remodeling the place Marty is going to rent - I am thinking he may not get in until August now. He is still very excited. I am glad you enjoyed the boat ride. Outlet Mall shopping sounds fun.

AV, 18 letters - that sounds like a lot of work. Good luck!

Missy, sorry the kitties wouldn’t eat or drink anything this morning. I hope they had something later. Lovely picture of all 4 of them last year. I had the same thoughts other NIRDI’s have said that’s strange they all are sick at once. Hopefully the bloodwork gets answers that lead to a speedy recovery for them. I know you and Greg are doing everything you can to help them. I continue to keep you in my thoughts. We are in Arizona for a week.

Mamabean, too funny about the fireworks story. I am constantly saying something that everyone takes another way; half the time I don’t even realize it. How nice though you can see fireworks from home. It is stinking hot down here for sure. That is nice of you to go pick up your friend and take her home. I am sure she appreciates it.

Callie, landscaping is easily as expensive as some of our jewelry, right? We had a tree in the front yard I call the Marge Simpson tree because when it was about 5” (branches and leaves not the trunk) it looked just like Marge Simpson’s hair. I keep hoping it will die because I want a nice pine tree there to decorate at Christmas. Every year (okay 5 years now) it looks like it’s dead when things start to bud and then boom its back.

Junebug, oh not what a hassle about your flight being cancelled and your luggage already gone. Glad you could just go home. We headed to Arizona today. I hope you and your DH have safe travels.

We made it to Phoenix about noon. I was very concerned my right knee wouldn't make it through 2 airports then getting to the car rental place. As we were heading towards baggage claim it started complaining at me loudly. It got better about 30 minutes later. All the SUV I could get in easily at the car rental place had black leather seats so Marty said no on those. Like it's hot or something down here. So then he started looking at the cars and he picked a red Challenger with a hemi engine. He's having way too much fun with it. It does sound cool.
Most of the in-laws arrived today. The SIL who is staying with us isn't coming in until Tuesday. The brother and his 2 adult kids rented a big place with a pool so we are heading over there when Marty wakes up from his nap. Oops which I just did. He rolled over so he's good for now. The crazy bi-polar sister arrived with one adult daughter and her son. I told Marty on the way back from lunch her daughter reminds me of her; I heard her play the victim card at least 5 times in the hour I was around her. The little boy doesn't mind at all; he was wandering around my MIL's house eating chicken fingers and french fries dropping food and touching furniture. I could me MIL wasn't pleased. Love family GTG. My family all lived close so it was always a day adventure then every one went home. If we went to the parents cabin it was just a weekend and I never minded but maybe Marty tolerated it.

We picked up groceries and house stuff and ran in to one of Marty's buddies who lives here at the store. Too funny.

Take care.
Here is us on the plane this morning. I used my iPad to take the picture and we kept getting our fingers in the way trying to hit the photo button. Silly us.
IMG_9385.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Good to see you & Marty! True enough - eighteen letters cannot be handled in one day; this may well turn out to be a week's work: I've send the first few yesterday morning & their brood just got back for me to answer, of course; good news so far.

@missy @Scandinavian @Austina @junebug17 @Mamabean It is always good to hear from you!

Yesterday was a good day to make a friend - or so I think. I have certainly noticed that the profession is rife with close friendships that go from work into life, but somehow this hasn't happened to me (mostly somethign men do? Dunno... their tribe is so much bigger! & sure enough, this complicates things ALLOT). Otherwise - it was also one the days of summer Granada does & have not seen much elsewhere (perhaps because this is a mountain town?) - a thin fog going into rain clouds, and just the slightest 'rain' (you could count the drops over hours!); sum total - surprisingly cool, as if all day were early morning; I would not have noticed had I not spent most of the afternoon in the middle of it, drafting through that pile of letters on a terace. It overlooks the most stupendous 'kitchen' garden & orchard, done to the nines'!

Wiew from my table .)

2019-07-07 19.53.03.jpg

& down from the same terrace, behind:

2019-07-07 19.52.40.jpg

This work of mine does have perks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

The vet did call yesterday. She said Tommy has mild hyperthyroidism. And she wants to start him on meds ASAP. But when I called my sister she said that's too mild a number to start him on full meds and maybe not even half meds. Plus as I pointed out to the vet hyperthyroidism has little (ie nothing) to do with his current symptoms and not only that it can help his kidneys if he is a bit hyper (increases glomerular filtration rate) so if we treat him underlying kidney disease can manifest. It's really something we need to repeat and see exactly how hyper he is. If at all. But the vet had left for the day (she called after hours) so I have to call this AM and ask for her to email results to me so I can have Debbie look them over. And since this has nothing to do with his current plight it feels like we should put this on hold. But the vet was adamant about getting him on the meds ASAP. I am not too impressed with her right now.

Saturday night I ordered IV fluids, IV lines and needles to be delivered so we could administer fluids as needed at home. But they were closed Saturday night and Sunday and need the Vets OK (I gave my sister's office as contact info). So best case scenario I get it Tuesday if Debbie's office OKs it this morning. She is not in the office as the girls are going to sleep away camp today for the first time and she is driving them there. Anyway it is a huge mess this whole affair.

I won't go into details but it's a huge challenge getting them to eat anything. It was tears and blood yesterday for me to get Fred to finally eat a few bites. I actually had to hold the plate with him in his cat bed laying there to get him to take a few bites. And his arthritis is worst than ever because he is not taking his steroid pills and his legs are painfully splayed out. Times this eating challenge by 3 and you can get a taste of what we are going through just trying to get them to eat.

Today is a stressful day but I am not going to go into it as I just don't have the energy. It's going to be a long day. I just wanted to let you girls know what is going on and not leave you in the dark. Thank you all for your continued kind and generous support and good wishes.

@junebug17 oh no, how upsetting honey. I hope you reach Charleston today and that your luggage is waiting there for you. Sorry what a pain that is. Flying can be such an exhausting experience. Thank you for everything Junie. Bobby and Fred have viruses we think but Tommy has something else going on...GI something. The vet did not run a pancreatitis blood test. Ugh. We needed that. She said we need to do an abdominal US for pancreatitis but yeah the blood would have given us some info and for a vet bill of over 1K for one visit it would have been nice to get that result too. But ignore me. I am just upset my babies are not doing well and feeling bad and I wish I could just wave a magic wand and make them all better. :(

Safe travels Junie and hope today everything goes smoothly.

@Mamabean you are a dear to help out your neighbor. Wow what a horrific accident and you are right. She is lucky to be alive. And lucky to have you there to help her. Thank you for all your good wishes and brainstorming. I will say this is one of the most challenging times we have been through with all the kitties being so ill and Francesca's death. And we have been through challenging times believe me. My mantra is one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time.

@Austina thank you sweetie. What fun going to the outlets. Glad you got some clothes that fit Colin better. I know the feeling. I actually had to order some new dresses as nothing fits me again. If anyone wants to lose weight grief does the trick. Anyway I digress. Hope the rest of your visit there is lovely.

@marcy love that pic of you and Marty. Glad you are in Arizona safely and have fun with the inlaws. And good luck. GTG with in laws can be trying I know. Hope the crazy behavior stays home where it belongs and doesn't join you on the trip. I always prefer my family to the inlaws but I guess that is natural. Hope you have fun no matter what.

@Calliecake glad you are feeling well and I think that stone has passed finally. What a journey. No I do not feel better about the cats. The meds aren't curative just preventative (so they don't get pneumonia) and even then not as effective as if we went with oral antibiotics on a daily basis. We just have so much trouble pilling each of the cats let alone all 3 we went with the injection route. But might have to get the oral antibiotics now as we don't think the injections helped.

I am glad you had a nice visit and dinner with your parents. Enjoy them. Each moment precious.

@AV_ happy Monday, Hope your week is off to a productive and good start and that you make time to smell the flowers and enjoy the moment.

Love your photos from yesterday AV. That's the way to make time to smell those flowers. Lovely. And yes to making a new friend. Sometimes I think men have an easier time of making friendships but when women make them they are lasting and true I think. At least with some women I should say. Beautiful scenery.

@Scandinavian how is your mom doing? Hope you receive good news soon.

We did manage a short bike ride yesterday in between feeding challenges. The morning ride out.
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 5.53.51 AM.png

And we did get some Days ice cream. Not sure when we will next be able to cycle with so much happening.
Lemon Raspberry. Perfect for a refreshing treat.

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 5.55.14 AM.png

OK ladies have a good Monday. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I have to share this with you girls. It's purrrrfect.

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 5.58.49 AM.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
We are just playing the waiting game. No news.

@missy, perhaps you should just drive them to your sister, even if it is a long drive? At least it might be better than just sitting still and worrying? Perhaps it is just me. I hate sitting still right now.

All of you. Thank you for your kindness and continued good wishes. I'll let you know if / when we get any news.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy I am so very sorry for everything that you are going through. Your loss is huge. Having them all sick on top of your loss is something I cannot imagine.

I am sorry to just jump in here... although I don't post much I do read now and again, and I couldn't help but wonder if your fur babies are sick with grief? Even if that is it, I'm not sure what one would do to help alleviate that enough to get them the hydration and nutrition they need. Maybe simply that they need the hydration treatments for a time until they can start to feel interest on their own again.

Again, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and Greg and your fur babies.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, sending lots of strength to you today, I'm sorry it's going to be such a stressful one for you. I'm hoping this virus runs its course quickly and your kitties get their appetites back soon. And I'm hoping Tommy can be diagnosed soon as well. I hope everything works out with the IV fluids; at least then you'll know they're hydrated. (((Hugs)))

And I love that rendition of the Mona Lisa much better than the original lol. That's how Leonardo should have painted it in the first place ha.

@Scandinavian, sending lots of love and support, waiting for test results is so stressful for everyone.

@AV_, so nice you're becoming friendly with your colleague, it's a good feeling when you meet someone you get along with well. Your view is absolutely gorgeous. If I knew how to paint it I would lol. Maybe one day I'll give it a try.

@marcy, great pic of you and Marty, I love it. You both look great. Yes, extended family GTGs can be interesting to say the least lol. I hope you have a good time and get to relax a little in between the festivities.

@canuk-gal, hope you're having a good summer so far and I'm glad you're getting some cycling in. Sending hugs about your mother, I know the well-being of an elderly parent is always on one's mind.

Dh got a phone call that our luggage is in Charleston so I can get it today when I arrive there. It was good he called first before shipping it back to Philly.

Sending love to all the nirdis dealing with tough times xoxox

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
BC347189-DCCE-44C9-958F-5466057E9FEE.jpeg
@marcy I loved seeing a pic of you and Marty. It’s nice to put a face to the name. I’m so hesitant because of all the apps that can identify you....#paranoid

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m sorry you are going thru this. It would be very difficult if only one of the fur babies was sick, having them all sick has to be so overwhelming, especially with all you have been thru. If you can see even a slight improvement that would go a long way in knowing this is going in a good direction. Have you considered going back to Brooklyn? You would be much closer to Debbie and you trust her with the cats. Would that help put your mind at ease?

Hang in there @Scandinavian. Unfortunately the waiting game is always nerve wracking. I know you are trying to be there for everyone right now. Please remember to take care of yourself too. It is easy to worry about the “what if’s”, Try not to let your mind go there. Hopefully you will get some good news early this week and your family can put this behind them. Sendings lots of dust and hugs your way Scandi.

@junebug17 Have a safe flight June. Great news about your clothes waiting for you.

@marcy, We had a tree I hated when it was first planted. Five years later it was favorite tree. I was so sad when it got a disease and had to be cut down. Have fun in Arizona and do something things you enjoy. I’m with you on it being easier when family lives closer. It’s much easier to spend a few hours together and see each other often than spend 5 days straight days together, even when you really do love the people. My husband’s family took a 5 day trip together once. We weren’t able to go. My SIL’s talked about that trip for years and not in a good way.

@av, The pictures you posted are breathtakingly beautiful. They look like a painting! It’s wonderful when you work with a great group of people and form close relationships with them. Life can throw all sorts of things at all of us and we spend so much time at work. It makes life so much better when you work with people who are good people and you support one another. Those friendships can last so much longer than a job.

@Mamabean, You look beautiful Joanne!!!!

@Tekate, I hope you had a great time at the wedding. I can’t wait to hear all about it. I love reading your posts Kate!

@Austina, I hope you are having a great time with Adam and Kim!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Calliecake for your suggestion but with all the cats so ill (especially Fred and his asthma)we cannot bring them back just now. Plus no central AC in brooklyn. Too hot for them and too hard for them to breathe. Believe me that was my first instinct. Plus debbie only works twice a week. Ugh. Just a bad situation and we’re doing the best we can.

Thanks so much @rainydaze and @junebug17
Safe trip Junie.

@Mamabean you’re beautiful

@Scandinavian continuing good thoughts for your mom.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy You are doing everything possible to help your furry kids..I know how hard it is to make an animal eat or drink if they don’t want to. When Bailey was sick I tried to get him to drink water. I would put his mouth in the water and he wouldn’t drink it. I had to put pieces of wet food in his mouth and blow on his nose to try to make him swallow...As soon as I let go a ball of food would fall out because he didn’t swallow it. Dogs are easier too...I grew up with cats..They’re fast and no way could we get them to take a med if they didn’t want us to...Air conditioning is important so they can breathe..especially during the heat wave we’ve been having. I know this is multiplied with three cats..and the stress of losing Francesca. :(2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, yes that is Marty and me. That’s also the first picture I’ve taken on my iPad. I usually use a camera or my phone. I am sure 18 letters will take at least all week; glad you are getting positive responses so far. Nice to hear you made a new friend out of a colleague. Your view is gorgeous.

Missy, it sounds like you and Greg are doing everything you can to get your kitties to eat. I am sorry they are still so sick and don’t want to eat. I hate to hear the vet’s diagnosis; but glad you are consulting with your sister about those meds for Tommy. Good idea to get the IV’s. Big hugs to you.
Glad you and Greg got out for a bike ride and enjoyed some ice cream; great flavor. Love the “real” Mona Lisa. Pretty picture of the sky and ocean.

Scandi, waiting for test results is pretty awful.

Hi Rainydaze.

Junebug, I like most of Marty’s family. We hung out at his brother’s rental house last night. Good deal you can pick up your luggage in Charleston today.

Mamabean, it’s nice to see you too! Like Missy said - you are beautiful. How appropriate to be in your car too since you drive so many places. I hesitate to post pictures of me here but I have them on FB so I guess if someone wanted to fine me they could.

Callie, it does make a difference of frequent family GTG but in short visits rather than all at once for days. That trip we did 2 years ago for 2 weeks was WAY too long. 5 - 6 days is a little more tolerable. That is too bad what became your favorite tree had to be cut down. The tree we picked for our backyard gets cool colors in the fall - red and orange. I wish we’d got one like that for the front. Of course I may not like any of them once they get big enough to need all the leaves raked up in the fall. I hope you are still feeling okay.

Thank you all for the kind words about the picture of Marty and me. We did bring the original Killer Rabbit and my little teddy bear Snacks. I’ll have to get a picture of them too.

I didn't sleep worth a darn. I left my normal PJ's home and wish I'd brought them because I was cold all night. The AC kept kicking on and waking me up, the pillows are flat, and some scent in the bedroom was making me sneeze. Marty was up well before 4. I woke up at 6:15 because some gardener was blowing off the patio for some reason. Marty is at the gym now. I am washing sheets and towels. Last night I ran all the glasses, plates and faux silverware through the dishwasher. The rental isn't bad but has some things missing. I can't find a dishrag just a nasty old sponge. No thanks. They only left 2 towels and 2 wash clothes in each bedroom. Their cable package must be basic but at least I can play music channels. It's way better than a motel.

Marty is at the gym - they gave him a great deal - $10 for the week with unlimited access.
I had cheerios and strawberries / bananas for breakfast.
It's nice not being at work.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results