shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I wish I were there to give a long hug & take over, com what may! Not that I would now any better what to do, by a long shot ,(

Thank you @AV_! I will gladly accept all virtual hugs until in real life hugs can be shared. (((HUGS))).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
((Hugs)) @missy I am speechless. So so very sorry for your heartbreak. If anyone can save your fur babies it’s you and Greg. Sending all of the healing vibes your way today. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy It does sound like a nightmare...It’s unbelievable that now Fred and Tommy are under the weather. Truthfully I was thinking maybe they were missing Frankie...Is that possible? Maybe they are missing her..and like you...lost their appetite? I’m hoping that’s what it is...Please let us know how the appointment goes..You could never be a sad sack...I know I am your internet friend but I care about you and want to know that you and your furry babies are okay...I’m not a fair weather friend and I know no one else here is....xxxxxooooo I love the photos of Frankie and Tommy with their glowing eyes...The latest of Tommy is so sweet...
@Tekate I love that Autie smiles when she saw your face! Jackson calls me..or tells his mom and dad he wants to call me...They’ll be driving in the car so I’ll talk to him when he’s in his car seat. He’ll chatter about animals or food he ate..too cute..When he’s out of the car they will call me and he takes the phone and kisses me on the phone so I see his face coming in for the kiss on the phone..so sweet..
Rosa Rugosa Roses sounds like they would make a great privacy fence...I need something like that here in Maryland. We have an old fence that needs to be replaced but the town has to have a meeting to decide if we can..and that’s a hassle with us not being here except for weekends...Anything to camouflage that fence would be welcome! What did you plant instead? I need to get some in Pa but we travel back to Maryland so often that they would probably die without daily water. We have an irrigation system here but not in Pa..
Kate..The tech pierced the vein but she did something where the needle came out..It was a vacuum needle so it pumped out faster I guess...Blood started coming out like Old Faithful...She just stuck a bandaid on it and went to the other arm..rooted around in there and couldn’t find a vein..so went back to Od Faithful and stuck me in another vein in the vicinity...She should have put a pressure bandage on..which is what I had to rig in the cvs after holding my arm up for a half hour. My husband and mother said I should have called my doctor’s to complain but it was over and it wouldn’t have done anything but leave bad feelings..so I let it go...
@AV_ Granada! What a beautiful place to live! It was so funny...I would go back really far trying to find out where you are but never could see it mentioned. Of course I don’t read for a few pages and you mention it before I even asked! I hope you get some time to do some relaxing and hiking!
@Austina I’m sorry your visit with Shirley didn’t go well...She sounds like she is well into dementia...Can they put her is assisted living? Her son and daughter-in-law shouldn’t be having to deal with her when she’s billigerent..I would worry about her being near a newborn baby. It must have been a stressful visit...Hugs to you!
@marcy That would be wonderful to have a husband that cooks breakfast for me! It looked delicious...All the food that you’ve been describing for dinner has me salvating! That was nice of your brother in law to start some plants did you..NOT on the stinkweed!
@junebug17 Are you having fun in Vermont? I would love to see a pic! I have been saying I want to go back...Any suggestions would be great!
@Scandinavian Your beach house is so pretty! How exciting! When do you think it will be finished? What do your kiddos think of it?
I hope your mom’s results come in soon...She had her test yesterday, right? Waiting for results are so hard.
@Slick1 What did you do yesterday? Did you watch the fireworks? It rained pretty much all day on and off here in Maryland...so I didn’t want to go out and walk to the dock even though it stopped. You can’t imagine what my hair would look like. I look like a sphinx in any kind if humidity...We basically took showers..put clean pjs on...I cooked ribs..served store bought potato, macaroni, and coleslaw salads..easy peasy..I didn’t eat the salads...I did break down and have two baby back ribs wth my arugula, beet and goat cheese salad. It was yummmmmy!
@Calliecake I’m with you on the Italian food. I’m Italian but I don’t look it at all. I can make a mean meatball...if I say so myself. :lol: It’s only four of us now so I don’t make my all day sauce unless it’s Christmas..I will make my meatballs and just bake them with a little mozzarella on top..
@mrs-b I loved seeing your table with the little votives lit in the evening...I also love the way you have the appetizers on the large tray and the guests can serve themselves. What was in the bowl? Was that the sauce for the asparagus? You mentioned being in LA a few times but I kept thinking that you lived in Boston. I thought you moved there. Do you also have a house in LA for when you visit?
:wavey: @canuk-gal! What have you been doing?
We’re in Maryland right now..We’be been here since Tuesday. The AC guy serviced the ac but did something wrong. Scott has another office near our house so stopped in to say hi before driving back to Va. We we’re talking to him and noticed a loud water sound every few minutes. We tried to find out what it was. We opened the hatch to the basement and found that we had a water leak. Evidently when they did the service they didn’t clamp one of the condensate hoses and water was gushing up like a fountain and hitting the ducts. He had forgotten to clamp it. Fortunately we heard it before it became a swampy mess down there...They had to come back and install a clamp.
Scott and Allie invited us to meet them tomorrow at a museum. It will be fun to see them...I’m so grateful they like our company and invite us a lot.
Have a great day...

Last edited:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, my heart is aching for you. I can feel how much you love all your furbabies and how worried you are. Heartfelt Hugs and Prayers are going out to you and Greg. Just a thought if they are all getting sick at the same time could it maybe be the food? A few years ago there was a major recall on food because animals were getting sick and dying. I can't recall exactly what it was I think melamine in the food?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am so sorry the kitties aren’t doing well. I totally get why you’re feeling so overwhelmed. Maybe it’s better to have them seen by an emergency vet just to get an idea of what’s going on? This is a lot to handle all at once, I’m sorry you have to go through this. Xoxoxo

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello NIRDIs :wavey:

Just a bit stressed today. My mother will be in the hospital until Saturday at least. She calls me rather often. The waiting game continues. I'm reading along but no energy for typing. I'll try to reply to you all tomorrow. We are going to the beach house in the morning just to look around a bit. Will try to get a good picture for you :geek2:

And of course all the NIRDIs should come on over when it is finished !!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, continuing to think of you and all your kitties (((hugs))). Love the sweet pics of them.

@Scandinavian, I'm really sorry about your mother's hospitalization, it's so stressful waiting for results. It's good you're getting out for a bit...sometimes a little distraction and just doing something "normal" helps with the anxiety level. Please take care and try to rest when you can. (((Hugs)))

@Calliecake, thinking of you...hoping you continue feeling ok, and that this stupid stone passes soon!<3

@Tekate, hope your planting is going well. It's going to look very pretty.

@marcy, beautiful pic of the double rainbow! Aw, what a lovely breakfast Marty made for you, and lol to no carbs. Broadchurch is on Netflix; it's good!

@Austina, I was really hoping a visit from you would have lifted Shirley's spirits a bit but obviously she is dealing with something very serious, probably dementia, and in that case there is only so much one can do. I feel for her son and dil, they will have some hard decisions to make. It's exciting she's expecting and nice that they have some joy in their lives. What a tough situation for everyone. Sounds like the visit was pretty upsetting, and I hope you can put it to the back of your mind and enjoy the rest of your visit with Adam and Kim. (((Hugs)))

Having a nice time here, went to the lake yesterday, and then a lovely dinner and fireworks...today we'll go to the pool for a while and then out to dinner. It's very pretty here. Lots of trees and hills. Very peaceful and relaxing. Tomorrow we head for South Carolina and dh is very excited about that.
7E3920C3-EDE6-4414-8F77-D54C98062543.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry if I miss anyone, I have read all your posts, so will try and remember what I’ve read.

Firstly, I’m so very sorry that the kitties aren’t doing well, all this at once, on top of losing Frankie, it’s no surprise that you are feeling completely overwhelmed by what’s going on. Please remember to take care of yourself during all this upset. I hope you can find out what’s going on with them and a way forward. Sending you and Greg love and virtual hugs.

@Scandinavian keeping your Mum in my thoughts and hoping for a positive outcome to her hospital stay. The beach house is coming on well, and you must be getting excited about it being finished soon.

Sorry I missed the day, but belated happy anniversary to you and Marty @marcy. What’s going on with your crazy weather. I saw the huge hail stones? Marty’s a keeper getting you breakfast, it looks delicious.

Oh my goodness, that must’ve been really scary @Mamabean bean, thank heavens for the Good Samaritan. I hope you’re feeling OK now after all that blood loss.

Hello @mrs-b, it looks like you had a wonderful time with your family, thank you for sharing your photos with us.

It’s hot, hot, hot here @Tekate, and sticky!! We went to see the local firework display last night, which was pretty good. We had dinner at the Galleria, then wandered around, stopped, and just happened to have been in the right place at the right time!

I hope you’ve been enjoying your trip to Vermont @junebug17, it’s lovely there.

Hi @Slick1 how’re you doing, well I hope?

How’re thinks with you @Calliecake, did you do anything for the 4th?

Any plans for the weekend @AV_? Is it really hot where you are, I’ve seen that the temperatures across Europe are pretty high?

The first couple of days of our trip were OK, Shirley was pleased to see us and apart from her obvious hostility towards J, she was alright (very evident memory loss, and mis-remembering) but calm. Wednesday, J and her Mum went out (we had told them to grab some time for themselves) and the minute they left, she started about being kept prisoner, didn’t need any help, was being prevented from seeing her friends, etc., none of which is true. We sat and listened, made suggestions, told her we hadn’t seen any evidence of J trying to control her, suggested that she just try and wait until her son is home so that she could discuss things with him, rather than just be angry all the time. I then had to change the subject, divert and redirect her, and she was ok after that. She often locks herself in her room all day and refuses to eat, we saw this yesterday, when she wouldn’t come out of her room because we were leaving. She was coaxed out for a few minutes, then went back. I knocked when we were leaving to say goodbye, she opened the door, we said goodbye and she went back in.

Things are worse than we thought, she’s been bombarding her son with abusive emails, telling him she can’t wait till he gets home so he can divorce the whore he’s married to, what a loser he is, what did she do wrong to produce such a waste of space, you get the picture. She even physically attacked J recently. Unfortunately, J’s Mum has to return to California today, so she’s going to be all alone with her.

I told her if she attacks her again, get out, and call the Police. I hate to think of that lovely girl being subjected to all this. They honestly don’t think she’ll be alive in another 18 months because she’s barely eating, thinks she’s punishing them by refusing food.

Sorry to be such a downer, but as you can imagine, it wasn’t a pleasant trip.

Nicer things to look forward to this weekend, Adam has hired a boat, and we’re going to Lake Travis tomorrow, meeting up with Kim’s family and spending the day on the water.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, I hope you’re all doing well, TGIF!

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina what a mess with Shirley, but it truly sounds like dementia and it's not in its first stage. It's heartbreaking Austina and I am sorry. This isn't grief this is a brain that has dementia and part of her brain have plaques and damage, I am sure you have read enough to get it. You are indeed the kind of friend one is lucky in life to have Austina, my heart to yours for sure.

It's hot HERE, 98F. Too many tourists to go to the beach.

If you've not been on a Lake Travis boat trip, it's a lot of fun. We have a boat at the Austin Yacht club we share with another engineer, of course we've been gone for 5 years but the other boat owner still loves us! last time we were in Austin John went out on the boat, John actually texted the other man and they have made plans to go on Lake Travis when we get to Austin! funny you mention going out on a boat on Lake Travis since John and I were just talking about Lake Travis. Have a great boat ride, have you been to the Oasis? I mean who hasn't been there really :) before the HUGE growth in Austin we used to take the boat up to Carlos and Charlie's and dock and eat there but alas Carlos&Charlies is gone now.. it's also cool to see the multi million dollar homes on the lake. Have fun!

@junebug17 the lake looks beautiful! have a good trip to you house in SC! I love to travel except I hate it, you know? I love to go places but sometimes it's just a pain. Sounds like SC is definitely your DH's peace place, that is wonderful! safe trip girl.

@Scandinavian so lucky to have your mom, take your time and come around when you can. Family always first. :wavey:

@Mamabean Hi girl! what a brilliant thought about Missy's furkids, maybe they are very sad, animals have feeling just like we do, especially our furfamily.. Jeez Joanne so this water mess was not a catastrope.. thank goodness you guys heard it. One time we had a water pump replaced in our Toyota Camry way back in the day, they replaced it and then put no water in it well THAT was a clusterf--- for sure. Joanne I am so sorry about the Old Faithful spout, it's scary and you could have fainted. Glad you are aok :) :) and we put in some type of grass thing, I 'll have to ask John, he's just pleased as punch that he's been able to pull out all the rose bushes easily, he's been trying to kill them for 3 years and finally they are all dead :) take care of yourself lady!

@missy Oh Missy, this is so overwhelming for me to read and I'm not the mom, gosh... I know Missy physicians, veterinarians, DDS, etc cannot cure everything but Missy, I feel you have had more than your share of pain. You know, having an animal is scary to me, to love something so pure and to have it stolen, a short life, I was so depressed after Daisy died I never wanted another animal, ever, it hurts to much, but my life is so much better that we finally got Salley, I'm not advising to get another animal Missy, what I am saying it I understand this pain as you now, bleak, dark, sad world, John would say to me "Kate you gave Daisy the BEST life ever" yup I did but I want her and still do. I'm sad for you. I don't have great words of "it'll be alright" (I pray so of course and really).. but I know that gut feeling of fear. I'm not helping anything, best I suppose I can say is I made it, I'm different now, truth!, but I am. We just have to believe in good medicine for our kids and do the best we can, as you are doing. And your ice cream Strawberry Cashew! looks divine. Sending love and hugs and just all around love to you and Greg sweetie. xo

@marcy FRIDAY! hope you had a great 4th!

@Calliecake and to you too! It's FRIDAY, hope your 4th was spectacular girl !!!

@Slick1 get the ring yet? can't wait to see it on your finger!

@AV_ you are a very wondefu soul AV, so glad I've met you here on the board, you have so much class and kindness and smartness.. happy almost over Friday for you!

nothing new, quiet 4th, quiet today because it's too hot to do anything.

Sending love to all my PSers here.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate The flaterrer! ,)

I'll live to tell the tale of these days - maybe; it is all on paper anyway - easy to hand out & toss & burn too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! How was your 4th of July?

Sharon, I think summer has finally arrived for both of us. Sweet. When I’m in Arizona though I am going to wish it was cold.

Kate, funny you should mention weight lifting for shoulders. I believe it would help you. My sister has a torn rotator cuff and couldn’t lift her arm at all and has been doing some lifting therapy and it has helped her a lot. She is trying to avoid surgery too. I find all the muscles involved get achy from lifting but nothing that hurt before hurts any more. The stroller parade sounds really cute, did you get pictures?

AV, the 4th is our Independence Day and is often celebrated with barbecues and fireworks.

Austina, I hate to hear Shirley. I know you said her son agreed with his dad not to put her in a home but it may be the best thing for all of them especially if she attached her DIL. The emails to her son are pretty sad and disturbing. That is pretty tough. The boat ride this weekend will be fun. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. Those hail stones were huge. Thunderstorms are in the forecast every day for the foreseeable future.

Mamabean, that is so cute and sweet Jackson loves to call you on the phone. Your 4th of July menu sounds delicious. Marty is a good cook so it’s nice that he cooks for us sometime. Your meatballs and sauce sounds marvelous. I have been thinking of lasagna; maybe I’ll brew that up for Marty’s family on our trip. That’s a good deal you found the problem with AC before you had a big mess.

Scandi, hope you are well. I have been thinking about your mother.

Missy, that is so awful all of your kitties are not dong well. Sending them and you and Greg mega dust and hugs.

Junebug, darn that Broadchurch is on Netflix; we don’t get that. The only reason I have Prime is because I want the free shipping. I do enjoy watching the sky - it doesn’t matter if it ’s for weather or stars. Sounds like you are enjoying your vacation; it is very pretty there.

We had 2 shows to watch last night - some great lightning and then fireworks. We are about a block from the county so you can see fireworks going off everywhere in that direction and then we found we could see the high fireworks they were shooting off in the park from our driveway. We tried to watch them the first year we lived here but couldn’t see them; this year we could. I don’t think we’ve checked since that first year. I bought window food for supper and am so glad the weekend is here.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls. It's Caturday Saturday.

@junebug17 thanks sweetie. Hope you're enjoying a great trip. And again I am sorry I have been such a kill joy here. I sort of want to step out of the thread because it is getting tiresome always crying about things and while I know you girls are super gracious I don't want to keep bringing everyone down. It's just unreal what is happening here. And all that you are dealing with Junie...I am so sorry and know how much it still hurts losing sweet and darling Zoe. It is so true that only the good die young. Well not only but it seems that is often the case when I look back and think of all the wonderful people and animals who have died too young.:cry2:

Love your photo Junie. Serene and peaceful and lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

@Mamabean sadly that isn't it. Definitely they are physically ill and I don't believe Fred misses Frankie. Perhaps Tommy does but what he has is a GI issue and I don't think the cats are manifesting missing Frankie like this.

Glad you are enjoying Maryland and omg about your leak after they fixed the AC. Glad you had them come back and do it right. Thanks for being my friend internet or otherwise and I feel the same. Hugs back at ya Joanne and I feel privileged to have such caring wonderful women to call my friends. XOXO.

@Slick1 thank you and I so appreciate all your good wishes and your generous support. And given all you have and are going through makes it even more remarkable that you care. Thank you my friend. (((Hugs))).

Thanks @Cluless it is not a food issue but thanks so much for weighing in because you never know and I appreciate that. How are you doing? Hope all is well. Please share something happy if you can. Thank you for chiming in and for your good wishes.

@Tekate I know you have been through similar awful experiences and losing Daisy the worst ever and I am so sorry for your grief and pain. I am glad you have Salley. And John and Autie and all your wonderful family. I keep seeing Francesca's sweet face everywhere I go and I miss her so much. The pain is strong and fresh and now with my Tommy and Fred and Bobby I am at a loss to explain how I feel. I know I must keep moving forward but I won't lie. I don't feel like it much of the time right now. I go to bed so worried and wake up dreading what we are going to find. Begging the furbabies to eat. And them refusing. You cannot make a cat eat or drink. I bought sardines and tuna and their favorite treats. But they feel sick and nauseous perhaps and how can I make them eat when they are feeling like crap? We won't eat when we are feeling awful but we won't die. Cats will. They can only go so long without hydration and nutrition. Ugh. Sorry I am going on again. I keep repeating myself. I am not thinking clearly. Thank you honey for being here and listening and offering comfort and love. (((Hugs))).

Bobby and Tommy have some sort of upper respiratory virus I think. Yesterday was a challenge getting them to eat anything. This AM I got them to eat a drop. Debbie says as long as I can get them to eat some wet food while they are sick that is good. But if they stop eating I have to bring them in somewhere. And they can develop a secondary bacterial infection and Fred is elderly so this could easily kill him. Yesterday Tommy improved somewhat and he was eating but still lethargic but this AM he refused to eat which is awful because throughout the last few days he was the only one eating but retching. Yesterday he ate and did not retch or vomit. Today he refused all food. After the past month I do not know what to expect and am preparing for all scenarios. My deep pain from losing Francesca is always front and center and add this to the mix well I am not thinking as clearly as I might be under ordinary circumstances but one thing I am sure of is that I could lose them all. I called the local vet clinic and we have appointments for 2 of them but we might just bring in all 3 and if they refuse to see one I don't know what we would do. Of course I am loathe to bring these fellas in as they do not do well with people (besides us) in general and all had rough beginnings. And at an animal hospital you can imagine their anxiety would be through the roof. I am weighing the pros and cons. But since Tommy did not eat I think he has to be evaluated for dehydration and because Fred is elderly he also needs to be evaluated. And Bobby's looking not good either. Ugh.

@marcy sweet that you had 2 good shows to watch with the celebration yesterday. My mom sent me a video of the fireworks over the water by her and they were spectacular too. Luckily I didn't hear much of them at all as I was sleeping when they got into full swing. They had them here on the 4th and 5th but I was out and heard none of it. Hope you have a great weekend Marcy and thanks for your well wishes for the kitties.

Hi @AV_ looking forward to hearing the tales you have to tell in book form or otherwise. And cannot wait to hear of your hiking adventures in that beautiful place you call home.

@Scandinavian yay today is the day your mom gets to go home I hope and I am keeping my fingers crossed for some good news for her. Hugs.

@Austina so sorry about Shirley. And I hope your trip takes a positive turn now that you are back with your wonderful son in Austin. Enjoy the boat and enjoy being with your loved ones. Hugs.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Sending you all warm wishes and hugs.

Leaving you with a sign we passed yesterday from the level the water reached during Hurricane Sandy. Wow it got up there.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 6.09.26 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:) ha the flatterer! I like that, actually I always say what I mean, and I mean what I say.

:)

@Tekate The flaterrer! ,)

I'll live to tell the tale of these days - maybe; it is all on paper anyway - easy to hand out & toss & burn too.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will be a few more days (Wednesday at the earliest) before any news re my mother.

But at least something is going right:

4730C91A-F33D-4442-8BD8-05FEE9C5EAD3.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, please remember that this is the NIRDI thread. It is created for support.

Also, as long as they are eating, I’m very hopeful that they are not seriously ill. In my experience, animals refuse to eat anything at all if that is the case. Hugs! And keep us posted re vet visits!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, please remember that this is the NIRDI thread. It is created for support.

Also, as long as they are eating, I’m very hopeful that they are not seriously ill. In my experience, animals refuse to eat anything at all if that is the case. Hugs! And keep us posted re vet visits!

Thank you dear. Hugs to you too.
That's why I am so worried. They are not eating. I am doing my best offering treats and sardines and tuna and barely getting them to have a bite. Yesterday Tommy was eating but today no. But I guess we will see what will be. I know we can do only what we can do and hope for the best. Inside my heart is breaking all over again and I feel like we are all drowning. I just hope and pray they recover.

Will be a few more days (Wednesday at the earliest) before any news re my mother.

But at least something is going right:

4730C91A-F33D-4442-8BD8-05FEE9C5EAD3.jpeg

Lovely house. And hoping for good news about your mom. Is she getting out of the hospital today?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's OK just adding a few more Francesca pics. Look at that sweet face. My sweet girl.

Her fangs
hrhlazingaboutsnowyday.jpg

What was her newest favorite pillow

hrhonaquapillow.jpg

My favorite beach photo of her

HRHbeachhousecouch.jpg

and lastly my favorite on my lap in the car photo. I miss her on my lap. The way she would look up at me as if to say mommy I love you. Her purring and her warmth and her gentle ways.

HRHonmylapincar.jpg.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
If it's OK just adding a few more Francesca pics. Look at that sweet face. My sweet girl.

Her fangs
hrhlazingaboutsnowyday.jpg

What was her newest favorite pillow

hrhonaquapillow.jpg

My favorite beach photo of her

HRHbeachhousecouch.jpg

and lastly my favorite on my lap in the car photo. I miss her on my lap. The way she would look up at me as if to say mommy I love you. Her purring and her warmth and her gentle ways.

HRHonmylapincar.jpg.png

I'm soo sorry to hear what you're going through. You and your kitties are in my prayers for a quick recovery. Hang in there. You are a kind and such a good person. I'm so sorry your heart is hurting. I pray the kitties get better soon. Sending you a hug and icecream :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, are you taking them to the vet today? Please keep us posted!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Yes, my mother is back home. But no news yet. Will be a few days before the test results are ready.
Continuing good thoughts for your mom.

@missy, are you taking them to the vet today? Please keep us posted!

Yes we are. And poor Tommy is hiding. I really think it’s bad. He never hides. He’s very sick. Cancer probably. Strong gut feeling. :cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm soo sorry to hear what you're going through. You and your kitties are in my prayers for a quick recovery. Hang in there. You are a kind and such a good person. I'm so sorry your heart is hurting. I pray the kitties get better soon. Sending you a hug and icecream :wavey:

Thank you so much bling dream. Much appreciated.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, sending good thoughts, support, and love to you today, thinking of you and the kitties...this is so tough, especially after losing Francesca so recently (((hugs)))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy are you going to your sister's out on the Island? Please let us know as soon as you are ablve what your babes are experiencing, I'm sending loving hugs to you. AND Scandi is so right, we are here for you and all of us and for support.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Sending lots of get well dust to Bobby, Tommy and Fred. Please take them to the vet. This has to be extremely hard for you to deal with, especially with losing Francesca so recently. Sending Hugs and support. You know you can call anytime if you are feeling stressed and want to talk.

@Scandinavian , You are in my thoughts as you wait for your mom’s test results. Hang in there Scandi. This is nerve wracking for everyone. One of my relatives favorite saying is “Don't borrow troubles and don’t worry until the doctor tells you, you have something to worry about”. I retold myself this many times when waiting for test results for people I love. The saying didn’t help me but maybe it can help you. Your new home is beautiful. You will make so many happy memories in this home.

Thinking of you @Austina. I’m so sorry about Shirley’s decline and about how your visit went. It’s heartbreaking watching a close friend slip away like this. Her condition sounds like it is no longer in the early stages. My heart goes out to her son and DIL as this has to be incredibly difficult for them. None of this is going to be easy for them and unfortunately it will get worse as the disease progresses. People often don't know what the realities of dealing with caring for a dementia or Alzheimer’s patient are until they deal with it themselves. I’m glad they received some happy news with her DIL’s pregnancy.

@junebug17 , The picture you took is beautiful. Are there people golfing in the picture too? What an ideal setting. I’m glad you are having a wonderful time.

@Tekate, the boat ride you described sounds like fun. I too would love looking at the beautiful homes around the lake. I also love seeing the beautiful landscaping around them too, I hope you will have a great time at the wedding. One of my friends kids have recently gotten married. She joked that she wished she could wear the same dress, She looked beautiful in the first dress and wasn’t relishing the thought of spending hours looking for another one. She had recently moved out of state so she sent tons of pictures in different dresses saying “tell me the truth, does this one look good”. I’m sure you will look beautiful today Kate. I laughed about the rose bushes finally dying. I would love to replace all the roses in our back yard with hydrangeas. I just don’t want to spend what it would cost to replace them all at once. I’m my own worst enemy with wanting the yard to look perfect.

@Mamabean , Thank goodness you diverted a disaster. Swampy messes are never a good thing. I hope you were able to visit with your son, DIL and grandchild this trip.

@marcy, You are doing a wonderful job if Marty is cooking you breakfast. Can I send my DH your way to have Marty train him.. I definitely could use a weight trainer and cook. Do I need to pack his bag for a week or do you think it will take much longer to get my DH trained properly LOL.

@av, It’s finally the weekend. I hope you are taking a break from working and are doing something fun.

@canuk-gal, I hope you are getting out cycling, and doing fun things.

Not a whole lot going on here. I’ve been feeling good the past few days so I’m hoping the stone is gone, We are going to a nearby festival today and planning to meet up with my parents later today for dinner.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am glad you are taking Bobby, Tommy and Fred to the vet today. Keeping you all in my thoughts and sending mega dust and big hugs your way.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re just about to go out to the lake, but I wanted to pop on and say that I’m sending lots of good healing thoughts and positive vibes your way @missy. Hope the vet visit brings good news for the furry boys. Xxxx

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thinking of you and hoping you get some info today on what's happening with your kitties. <3. Please don't hesitate to share how you're feeling and what's going on, this thread is for support and comfort during rough times and we all care very much. And I totally get how nerve-wracking it is to try to get a cat to eat, and how worrisome it is when they won't. Beautiful pics of Francesca. (((Hugs)))

@Calliecake, I am really hoping you've passed the stone, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you enjoyed your fourth of July. So glad you are getting out, I hope you enjoyed the festival and have a great time at dinner with your parents. Oh, yes, that is a golf course lol...and of course dh played on it!

@Austina, I am so sorry Shirley is being abusive and it sounds like her son and dil might have to make other arrangements for her. Very, very sad. The boat ride sounds lovely and I'm so glad you're doing something fun to take your mind off of things.

@marcy, nice you were able to see the fireworks so well this year.

@Tekate, I'm not really a big fan of traveling but unfortunately dh likes to go places once in a while LOL. Stay cool in this heatwave!

@Scandinavian, wow, the new house looks great!! I love it.

We have to take two planes to SC and are boarding the second one soon so I better sign off. Take care everyone xoxox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys, thank you so much for your warm and loving support and well wishes for the kitties. Just got back from the veterinarian. No answers yet. And the cats were freaked out there. Terrified. Poor babies. We had to take each carrier apart to get them out and they just hate going to the vet under the best of circumstances but with them being ill it just intensified matters.

We did bloodwork for Tommy but he probably needs an abdominal Ultrasound. Will get the results tomorrow probably of the blood work.

Bobby and Fred had fevers and they were all dehydrated and they got subcutaneous fluids. I had to ask for that though. I basically directed most of the exam but the vet we saw today was OK. I felt she was better than the 2 male vets we saw at the same practice. And she was very nice.

Tommy lost weight. Bobby is holding steady and Fred lost a little bit of weight. They all got antibiotic injections too because of their fevers. Tommy did not have a fever but he also got an antibiotic injection. Not sure why though now that I am thinking about it. We are concerned about pneumonia so I have to watch their breathing carefully. It's hard because Fred has asthma and doesn't breathe normally under the best conditions.

Anyway my sister and her colleagues are far superior to any of the local vets we have seen so far here but as Greg wisely pointed out to bring all 3 cats on a trip that is 3 hours each way would have stressed them more than it was worth because they do have fevers.

So now we wait and see if the antibiotic injection helps. If not we start them on oral antibiotics but these 3 are very challenging to do oral with so that is why we went the injection route. But it isn't as good as the orals.

And all I can say is I don't care how much we have to spend if it helps them and gets them better but OMG the cost of vet care is very expensive when you have multiple cats. My big fear is we lose them and it is a possibility and I need to prepare myself. Something is seriously wrong with Tommy who is barely 9.5 lbs now. He should be 12 lbs. And the other 2 have some sort of infection and bloody noses. The weirdest thing I ever saw. None of our cats ever got that before and now Bobby and both Fred have bloody noses and not much we can do because they will lick off all antibiotic ointment so we just have to do the best we can to keep it clean. Because of Fred's advanced age and asthma an infection and a fever could be fatal. And well I just have such a bad feeling about what all 3 of them have and I am hoping and praying they recover.

I know I have to be strong and no matter what keep it together. There is no other option. I alternate between hysteria and being calmer and more zen about it but I won't lie. The hysteria is more frequent than the calm. I am sure that surprises no one reading here. They are our sweet boys and all this happening on the heels of Francesca's death and to all 3 of them just feels like no this cannot be happening. But it is.

I cannot thank each one of you enough. Thank you for your always kind and generous caring support and just for letting me vent and cry and share with you.

@junebug17 thank you sweetheart. They say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger but at this point I should be Hercules. LOL. See? I can still joke. Thank you for your warm hugs and sending warm (((Hugs))) your way too. Glad we got in when we did. It just started pouring here and thundering. Means we should be losing power soon. Great. It's like 100 degrees here. Please generator work. Junie, have a safe flight and easy trip back home. XOXO.

@Calliecake omg that would be so wonderful if your stone is gone woohoo. Glad you are feeling well and doing well and enjoying the weekend. (((Hugs))).

@Austina enjoy the lake. Thank you for checking in with me. Hugs.

@Tekate thank you for your loving hugs and sending love and hugs your way too. Hugs.

@marcy thank you sweetie. You are so kind. Hugs.

@Scandinavian hope your mom is happy to be back home and that good news is coming. XO

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying more cycling and lovely weather. XO

@Mamabean how is your weekend going? Hope you are enjoying it with family.

OK that's the update ladies. Thank you again and (((hugs))) to each and everyone of you.

Leaving you with a photo of the 3 of them from April. Just about 2 months ago. How did this all happen so fast? Frankie dying and now the boys so ill. I miss our sweet girl so much. :cry2:

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 2.45.15 PM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDI’s!

Missy, hoping the antibiotics help the kitties and the blood works gives the vet answers ways they can help them all get better. I think taking them to a vet locally was a good call rather than making a 3 hour trip one way. I am keeping you all in my thoughts. Big hugs to you.
Wow, that high level mark from hurricane Sandy is something.
Wonderful pictures of Francesca, Bobby, Tommy and Fred.

Kate, that is one of the many things I like about you; you say what you mean and mean what you say. I always say if you don’t want an honest answer don’t ask me a question.

Scandi, the beach house is going to be amazing.

Callie, it sounds like your yard is always gorgeous. Changing out flowers would be costly but I get wanting to “upgrade”. Ha Ha. It’s the PS way. Our flowers are perking up. I don’t know if you want Marty to train your DH - I don’t think Marty is well trained at all. I am glad to hear you’ve felt good for a few days and yes I hope that stone has passed. Have a nice dinner with your parents.

Austina, I hope you had a great time on the boat. Were you guys going to fish too?

Junebug, glad to hear your DH played golf. Marty’s back is still sore so he hasn’t even picked up a golf club this year. It was a nice discovery we could see the local fireworks show from here. Safe travels today.

We went out for breakfast, picked up a few things at the store and have been slowly rounding up things for the suitcase. Arizona is going to be between 102 - 108 degrees this week.

We had an amazing lightning show last night. Thunder was constant and the lighting was going off constantly. Most of it was sheet lighting but some big old bolts would streak across the sky. I watched it for about 30 minutes.

We are heading out for lunch shortly. I need to clean out the frig and finish packing.
Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results