color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9FC710B4-0C6B-4BF9-BE8D-5833BEB23168.png
For @missy with love from furbaby F

Thank you dear Scandi. I wish I could hug your sweet baby in real life. And I wish all our furbabies good health and a long happy life with us.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning Missy!

Please just post and share if it can make any difference in how you feel. Sometimes sharing really does help.

We had a lovely mini getaway, back home late last night. My mother is due for the biopsy tomorrow, so kind of trying not to think about that. Or, not the biopsy in itself, that is a walk in the park, all things considered. But no fun waiting for the results.

Furbaby F wanted to send you a picture of her favourite "sitting" position, and say that she to likes to cross her legs, and she had no idea that cats and dogs were so much alike.

Tons of hugs to you honey!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m sorry you are so stressed and hope Tommy is beginning to feeling better. Everything has been hitting you at once lately. Glad you have been able to get out and cycle.

@mrs-b , I’m so glad to hear from you. I’ve been thinking of you and am sending lots of healing dust your way. The party looked beautiful and it is easy see was a wonderful night for everyone in attendance. How did you arrange for perfect weather too. Your godchildren are lucky to have you. I’m starving for Italian food after reading your post. You had me at bread and lasagna LOL.

@Tekate, Children manage to find a special place in our hearts very quickly. You and John are going to have a ball with Autie. I had to laugh about John getting involved in the phone calls about Autie.

@Scandinavian Sending health dust to your mom. Hugs Scandi. Please try to plan fun things to do while you all wait for the results. Remember you have support here if you need it Scandi. Loved your comments about money. People are usually sadly mistake if they think money is going to bring them happiness.

@Mamabean, Are you okay after the bleeding incident? It must have been pretty bad if they thought you needed an ambulance. I love hearing stories about people who help. It restores my faith in humanity. The pictures are beautiful of your flowers are beautiful. Like @Scandinavian, I too have plants that are brats. Thank you for thinking of me. There is a way to break up the stone if the stone is in your kidney. The stone had already left my kidney when I was diagnosed and according to what the doctor said they have two options, left it pass on its own or surgery. He did tell me this could take weeks. Luckily I’ve only had one day that was really bad pain wise.

@junebug17 , I hope you are already in Vermont and the whole airport mess is behind you. I’m sure the airports are crowded today. Have a great time with your family.

@marcy, I love The Notebook too. Do you have a fun weekend planned?

@av, I hope you aren’t working too hard.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean oh my gosh Joanne! this is unbelievable, how could they have ever let you leave the clinic? seriously they should have taped it and seen it was gushing. I am so sorry, lucky you didn't get light headed! I agree with you, there are many wonderful people who will help, when I was in Florence I fell and so many people helped me it was unbelievable.. there are wonderful people everywhere. I hope you are feeling better , I hope your test is better this time. Long drive to you other house, but it is magnificent! the fllowers are beautiful.. living in a hstoric homes must be wonderful..

@marcy sounds like yesterday was a wonderful day :) I've never watched The Notebook, but so many people I know say it is wonderful, shall have to try it. I love Broadchurch, I think you will like it. Well we made it to hump day! hope today was a good day.

@junebug17 I hope your trip was good. Yes June Autie has brought us great joy, I never thought I would love being a grandmother. I appreciate your words June. Thank you.

@missy You have my phone number, call me anytime. My mother said "it never rains but it pours". I sincerely hope whatever is going on will resolve itself Missy. And your Tommy is sick? Missy you hang on and feel all of us and our caring for you, I am thrilled you were able to ride today Missy, and eat that delicious ice cream. Missy, in Austin we had 24 hour veterinary emergency rooms, have they not got this in Jersey? I am so sorry Tommy isn't feeling well. I hope Greg's calls went well today and I hope Missy you can get some real rest. Sending mucho love to you and Greg and sweetie Tommy. xoxoxooxo and Missy I am sorry you have this cat sized hole in your heart, but I understand it, wish I could take it away. sending warm hugs.

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi, how's everyone, how's your mom? I love the picture of your dog, your dogs are beautiful.. I keep asking but maybe you don't see but Scandi how is your beach house going?

@AV_ Hi AV, I gotta say getting up at 5:00 is early! Do you feel burned out by your work AV or do you think this opportunity is well worth it? decisions decisions.. I'll keep reading to know what you decide. :)

@Calliecake Hi Callie yup! about John, it feels good. :) Well Callie if the pain get's bad, run to the hospital and get it lasered or something. Sending you hugs and dust for an easy journey with this stone

@Slick1 how's thngs going? how are wedding plans going? post another pix of your gorgeous dress because I vicariously live thru you and Missy with your lovely silhouettes.. I'm wearing the dress wore to my son's wedding to my niece's wedding! glad I could finally wear it again.

@ringo865 Hope you drop in eventually and give a heads up on treatment and how you are doing. I sincerely hope all is going well and you feel okay.

@Austina I hope all is going well in Austin, my son said it was hot but not too bad, today we hit 92 in Maine! that was hot. sending a big hug your way.

@mrs-b Hope you are wearing all your beautiful jewelry, I love that nugget diamond bracelet, I have several rings left over from my first marriage, very small stones but a few and I think I will talk my husband into agreeing to me having a bracelet made. Your bracelet is my inspiration so thank you!

We didn't do much at all today, yesterday we went to the nursery and bought some plants because John pulled out all of our rosa rugosa plants, man those things had tentacles and killed everything near them but boy they multiplied so after 3 years we decided to pull them out, we are planting in their places some type of pretty grass things that I forgot their name. Not much else going on, just been hot and muggy. I hope everyone has a good rest of the week

@missy sending more healing hugs. xoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0624.jpg

Hi NIRDI's! We had a double rainbow a while ago. Sweet.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Dam' insomnia ,( I cannot not sleep.

Exciting! I do think work should be fun. With money if possible. But the thing with money is that it only has to be enough. After that, not so important. Do you have any gut feelings re the offer?

Everything feels right.

Pay does not matter in these things; usually, the real expenses had been paid for by who signed on the buildings. Besides, I hear that there are free diamonds around - looking like this WWW (one perk or joke that needs checking).

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, I hope you got everything done and had a safe trip today.

AV, that sounds like an exciting offer for you - keep us posted on what you decide. I was up at 5 am today too. Great minds think alike, eh?

Missy, if anyone doesn’t deserve to have so many issues and heartaches going on it is you. I hate to hear Tommy isn’t doing well; sending him mega dust. Feel free to share with us because we all care. I wish I could take away you worries and pain. I am glad you are getting time to go for some rides. I think you’d like the Notebook. It’s a love story and has both happy and sad parts. I did leave work at 3 today and have tomorrow off; but will go in Friday. Great pictures from your outing.

Scandi, I don’t mind a good, sad movie now and then; they make me cry since I don’t tend to let some of those emotions out on my own. The Notebook isn’t all sad and it’s a favorite movie of many of my friends. If sad movies bother you then I would avoid them. The movies I won’t watch are about Vampires - I don’t know why it’s not that they scare me; I just don’t like them. How is your mom doing? Good luck with her biopsy results. Love the picture of Furbaby F; she looks comfy and warm. I think my flowers die out of spite too; they are having a hard time kicking off this summer.

Callie, too funny your comment about being hungry for Italian food now because of mrs-b’s menu; I was thinking ooh I should make lasagna. I hope that stone passes soon and doesn’t cause you a lot of pain. I would say The Notebook is one of my favorite movies. It’s such a good story.

Kate, yes there are good people everywhere. I am glad you had a lot of help when you fell - and oh no I am sorry you did fall. I hope you didn’t get hurt. I will definitely check out Broadchurch. I think you’d like The Notebook. Don’t you hate that when a plant or tree takes over your yard? Our last house had cotton trees blow in in several places - we were like cool free trees. They grew like weeds and sadly they were cotton bearing. What a mess!!!! It looked like we had 5 inches of now when that stuff was shedding. My BIL started me a bunch of flowers for our flower pots one year. He brought them all in torn off styrofoam cups, all nicely labeled. There one was plant that was just foliage and leafy green so we put it in the center of our biggest pot. It took over the flower pot and started stinking, turns out it was a stink weed. He was quite proud of himself over that one.

I enjoyed getting off work early today. I lifted when I got home and then we went out for dinner. We just beat the rain and hail home; we had hail 4 times tonight but none of it was big enough to cause any damage. Marty’s pickup is in the drive way because he has his toys set up in the gym. Hopefully our flowers didn’t get beat up.

Have a safe 4th of July!
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian Hi Scandi, how's everyone, how's your mom? I love the picture of your dog, your dogs are beautiful.. I keep asking but maybe you don't see but Scandi how is your beach house going?

@Tekate I'm sorry! I did see. And then I forgot. But I did see, I remember that now… LOL sorry! Please keep asking if I keep forgetting things. The beach house is coming along beautifully! I'll try to find a picture to post (in a separate post because all the pictures are on my phone). Which reminds me, I have just ordered a new phone, because the one I have now is acting up a little too much. But I ordered it with a new barbeque, don't ask, LOL, so they both have been delivered to the beach house... :lol:

They are basically finished with everything on the outside now. Walls and windows and roof and...? What else goes on the outside… hmmmm… :geek2: I think they have started on the inside this week, or at least I hope so!! But everything takes longer than I hope, so my birthday party weekend with tons of people in August might have to be a glamping event… :lol::lol:

Good for you being / having a gardener! Bet the garden and flowerbed are going to look wonderful!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ta-da:

6316DEC5-788B-4DE6-8E05-C0AA49086032.jpeg

As you can see, not totally finished, but this is from Monday, so hopefully more finished today, LOL. It is getting along, but things take time. It will need a few green climbing things, I think… But I think it will look okay once it is finished. This is the back of the house, view from the "wagon shed".

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Calliecake ! You are too kind as always! :kiss2:

@marcy, LOL I would take Vampires over sad endings any day! My mother is doing okay, she is in the hospital today for a lung biopsy. So how she is really doing will depend on what they find or don't find, I guess.. I hate waiting! The rainbow pictures is nice! I like rainbows! Did you fint the gold at the end..?

@missy
Besides, I hear that there are free diamonds around - looking like this WWW (one perk or joke that needs checking).

Well, if there are free diamonds involved, you know my vote… :P2 But seriously, if it feels right, it might be right :kiss2:

@missy, how are you and Greg - and Tommy (!) - doing today? Any good cycling trips planed? Even I would go cycling for those ice creams! They really do look like a dream! My mother is in the hospital today, so I'm a bit stressed. I hate waiting for them to find out what is wrong with her. But hopefully they will figure it out within a few days. Even if some of the tests might take a few weeks, because they might have to do some "culturing" of the samples (don't know if that is the right word, but you know, growing the cells to see). :confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls, it's July 4th. How did it get to be July 4th already?

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying Vermont and the weather is cooperating and all is well.

@Scandinavian I am sending bucketloads of dust to your mom. Good luck for the lung biopsy. Continuing to keep good thoughts for your mom and sending you big (((hugs))). I am pleased for you that your homes are coming along beautifully.

@Tekate I am glad you got to go to the nursery and you found some lovely plants. I love greenery and flowers. Makes a space so pretty and inviting. Thank you for your continued good wishes and healing vibes. Yes Tommy is sick and my gut says it is very bad. He is nauseous for 36 hours now and being a holiday long weekend only an emergency vet hospital is open and my sister is warning us not to go. She said we will get a veterinarian who just graduated 2 weeks ago this holiday weekend and we are better off waiting til a regular vet clinic opens if we can. I am so torn. Poor Tommy is hungry but cannot keep food down and he is very lethargic and not purring and not himself and once again my heart is breaking. I didn't think I had enough heart left to break any more but turns out I do. To say I am beside myself is an understatement. I cannot believe this is happening again. I cannot bear that he is suffering but we need a diagnosis before we know what we have to do. :cry2:

@marcy yay for getting out of work early yesterday and for a day off but boo going into tomorrow. You deserve a long weekend. The veterinarians are closed but you have to go in...should be the other way around IMO. And I am sure you agree. Glad you got to enjoy dinner out last night and woohoo for beating the hail home. Sweet. Thank you so much for your comforting words. As you can imagine now with Tommy sick I am filled with despair and fear and sadness all over again though it never went away after Francesca died. Somehow there is room for more. Love your rainbow photo. So pretty.

@AV_ damn insomnia indeed. I hope you start sleeping better very soon. It is not fun being awake when everyone else is sleeping and alone with one's thoughts. Or at least for me alone with my dark thoughts. Sending you sweet dreaming dust and may you awake refreshed and energized.

@Slick1 thank you for keeping me company when we had the blowout yesterday afternoon. Love your choices for the wedding wear and you look gorgeous. Sending you warm hugs and continued healing dust. Have a wonderful holiday weekend. XO.

@Mamabean I hope you are having a good holiday long weekend and wanted to just say I am relieved you made it out OK from that doctor's appointment. I really cannot believe how things go awry and that could have been life threatening. Anyway just so glad you are OK and I am keeping you and your sweet family in my thoughts. You are a love and a sweetheart and a wonderful person and I am glad you are here. (((Hugs))).

@Calliecake hope you said bye bye to your kidney stone last night. And you wake feeling all better. What are your holiday plans? I (and our furbabies) hate the fireworks and hope your sweet baby do OK today and tonight.

@Austina hope you're having a wonderful vacation here in the USA with your family.

We rode yesterday and had a loud rear tire blowout. Not good. It was deafening the noise but thankfully happened on a quiet street. If we had been on a bridge or hill we would have been in trouble or if there were a lot of cars around when it happened we could have had an accident. Thankful it happened where it did and when it did. Greg had no choice but to patch it as it was torn to smithereens and it needs to be completely replaced today when Greg has the time to do so this morning hopefully. And if we can ride in between the rain we will depending on how Tommy is faring when I go back down to check on him. We rather not bring him to the emergency hospital on a holiday due to my sister saying it is a bad decision because we will get a veterinarian who literally just graduated 2 weeks ago. So if we can wait we will. If there is one thing I have learned it's running to the doctors doesn't usually help anyway. What will be will be but I so want to know what is going on with Tommy so we can make decisions and if necessary end his suffering. I cannot believe I am thinking this way but after Francesca I have no choice. I must be a realist and not a dreamer. Dreams about saving our loved ones rarely come true. :cry2:

A few photos.

Cycling in the morning at the beginning of the trip

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 5.52.20 AM.png

Days

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 5.53.11 AM.png

and lastly a photo of sweet Tommy from last night. Please send lots of well wishes his way and please keep him in your thoughts and prayers girls. Please let our Tommy be OK. :pray:

tommysweetheart.png

Have a safe and happy July Fourth girls. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a photo from a few years ago of Tommy and Francesca with their gorgeous sparkling gemlike (and spooky) eyes.
Such good kids. The sweetest.

frankieandtommyspookyeyes.jpeg.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @missy ! Hope today will be a better day for Tommy! I was just thinking. Even if the vets there are not the best, they should be able to give him some IV? Some hydration and nutrition? Just don't let them do anything "adventurous" IYKWIM. But perhaps some blod work and check for infection? Only if you feel it is necessary of course. But at least the standard tests should be safe even if they are not the most experienced vets around… (So strange by the way. Here, the emergency animal hospital is at the university, and some of the professors are always there and they are brilliant.)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Is there any way T & F illnesses are related? It feels absurd that with all your care there could be anything wrong.

It does take magic to keep life from sliping away.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @missy ! Hope today will be a better day for Tommy! I was just thinking. Even if the vets there are not the best, they should be able to give him some IV? Some hydration and nutrition? Just don't let them do anything "adventurous" IYKWIM. But perhaps some blod work and check for infection? Only if you feel it is necessary of course. But at least the standard tests should be safe even if they are not the most experienced vets around… (So strange by the way. Here, the emergency animal hospital is at the university, and some of the professors are always there and they are brilliant.)

The specialists at the hospital are generally top notch but on weekends and holidays they are not working and the B team (ie newest graduates) pull holiday evening and weekend duty. Therein lies the dilemma. Debbie is so insistent we wait but I have yet to talk with her today. Waiting for her to wake up and call me as she promised. To decide what we do.

Thanks sweetie as always for your comforting wishes.

@missy Is there any way T & F illnesses are related? It feels absurd that with all your care there could be anything wrong.

It does take magic to keep life from sliping away.

I know cancer isn't catching but it is definitely possible he has cancer. This is how it first presents. Unreal. And yes right now it seems all the magic of life is gone and I am in the darkest depths worried sick about my furbabies. I have not shared everything because it seems as you write absurd and I do not want to be a that depressing downer here so believe it or not I have held back.:cry2: Something is terribly wrong with another of our cats (and he might lose his eye) that I am not yet sharing because there is only so much terrible news one can share at a time. At least for me. And I feel I am wearing out my welcome always having such awful news to share. I feel it is too much sometimes to even take one step in front of another yet I do. But I cannot lie as I have no joy right now and just trying to do the best for our babies that we can. And praying for a happy resolution however remote that is right now.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for your Tommy @missy I hope he improves today. You’ve had more than enough sadness these past weeks..:pray: ((Hugs)) and warm thoughts ♥️

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am so very sorry you are facing these health issues with your kitties. It's understandable you are feeling so overwhelmed and depressed, it's a lot to handle Sending lots of good thoughts that you get good news and Tommy's condition is treatable. Please hang in there and try to take care of yourself a little too. (((Hugs))))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Internet here has been pretty hit and miss, just wanted to pop on and say hi to you all.

We’re leaving after breakfast to head back to Austin, so I will catch up properly later.

It’s been an interesting few days!

:wavey:

edited to add Oh no @missy, poor little Tommy, keeping everything crossed for good news xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Independence Day!

Scandi, oh no to needing a new phone. Your beach house looks great! I’m guessing your birthday party in August won’t be held there in a fully finished beach house. I remember watching them building our house; it was such a slow process. Patience is not one of my strengths either. Sending you and your mom mega dust for good biopsy results. Like you said some of the results take a while to get back. I did not find a pot of gold out there; darn. I’d be out shopping now if I did. One of the pictures I took about 10 minutes before this picture shows the hail coming down. More storms predicted tonight.

Missy, I am so sorry to hear Tommy is sick and another one of your kitties isn’t doing well. I understand you’d be very worried and stressed; that is a hard call whether to take Tommy in to see an inexperienced vet or wait until they open with the more experienced vets. I can’t imagine how overwhelmed you feel already without adding more stress. Keeping you and Greg and the kitties in my thoughts.
Your blowout sounds very scary and yes it was good that it happened where it did. Glad you guys weren’t hurt.
Beautiful picture from this morning and your ice cream looks delicious.
Great picture of Francesca and Tommy with gleaming eyes.

Austina, safe trip back to Austin. Did you just visit Shirley? I’ve been wondering how she is doing and hope your visit brightened her day.

Marty made me breakfast today - notice no carbs. We are going to grill a London broil for supper. Lots of rain last night with hail off and on. More of the same today.

Take care.
Marcy
No carbs but there is a candy dish in the corner there
IMG_0625.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy I am very upset to learn about what's happening to your furry family!;( Healing vibes across the miles. And I glad to hear no one was hurt given the tire blow out. Wow.

kind regards--Sharon xoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy sweetie as for Tommy, PLEASE follow your heart, I love your sister, she is so swell! her girls are beautiful and they love their aunt Missy, but Missy she is a doctor first and a siste 2nd in the situation, please follow your heart, peace is a HARD thing to find Missy, God knows I am still searching for it.. I find your sister to be stellar and a good sister, lucky you.. but follow your heart please. please. Missy a higher power than us chose you to be Frankie and Tommy's mom, I think because that higher power knows what you are made of, you are a wonderful and strong and kind woman, lucky me and US! Missy.. Tommy is beautiful and of course Francesca was gorgeous, you know many people cant understand the love given and received from us animal lovers, my Daisy gave me MORE than I ever gave her Missy and I tried with everything I had to save her, that baby loved me. I miss her like I miss my own Mom. but I feel lucky she was gifted to me because she could have gone to a crappy home or a richie rich person, I love that pup and I will love her to the day I day... we are SO lucky to have been gifted these beautiful, loving furkids truly. I am so happy nothing happened with the blow out Missy..Missy don't go to cancer with Tommy, please... I hope not and I believe in the ying and yang of life and I'm not ready for any yang Missy. xoxoxo and Missy, you can and should share all that you can about you furkids, there's not one of us who does not LOVE our furbabies with our fiercest heart.. I'm here and you have my number.. I so understand this stresss Missy.. it's SO hard to love and lose.. so damn hard. xoxoxoxo

@Austina all sounds good and I am hoping y'all are not sweating too much. Mike called today via Duo on Google phone and Autie is precious and adorable and Mike said they were going to go to a 4th of July parade for babies in their strollers today in his subdivision. I told him 'enjoy it Mike, they grow up so fast and this is the fun time!" love my son and his little girl (and my DIL too). when are you guys leaving?

@Slick1 Yoo Hoo! happy 4th of July and sending good and happy vibes to you girl! look forward to seeing your new ring.!!

@marcy Marcy, do weights hurt your shoulders at all? I have severe osteoarthritis in my right shoulder and I can barely raise my arm but I was wondering if lifting might stave off a replacement! Happy 4th girl! xo

@Calliecake hey Callie!! happy 4th! xoxox

@Scandinavian Aw Scandi your pix of the beach home are WONDERFUL! I'm sure when it's finished we NIRDIs will meet at this gorgeous home and swill a few shots or wine and have an awesome time ;-) your summer home looks gorgeous! xo

@AV_ hello and Happy American July 4th! we, as you I am sure, are aware that we celebrate anything in the USA and this holiday is a memory of signng of our declaration of independence from nasty Britain! xo

@mrs-b sending good and happy dust to you for a great 4th of July and upcoming procedure! xo

@junebug17 happy 4th June!! xoxo to your family.. I hope your heart is content and this holiday is wonderful for you and your family, hope your trip was good and I think you are in Vermont June, we in the northern NE are low on fireworks but awesome on a few glasses of vino! xoxo to you and yours June.

Hey NIRDIs, thank you for being my friend and sending hugs, love and true caring on this day and all days. Kate the GREAT! :) otherwise know as nanny :) xoxoxox

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate So I had heard about July 4th - it was so much harder then! Just took a look at Twitter for the mood, but there is too much there for once - waiting for the news tomorrow...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re back in Austin, after a very loooooong drive.

I’ll catch up tomorrow because I’m feeling a bit tired and drained. Suffice to say Shirley is pretty far gone, aggressive, belligerent and at times downright vile, not sure if this will be the last time we see her. I just feel desperately sorry for her DIL, who is now pregnant, so wonderful news for them, but sad because they can’t share it with Shirley yet as they don’t know how she’ll react.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
...yes right now it seems all the magic of life is gone

Some cancers are contagious in animals (unlike ours), others relate to transmitted factors & I never cared to know what I did not see (but doctors must ,(

None of this is right.

It is baffling that your long loved cats still get to go through all this, but good life does not do much for most medical stuff. If there is enough (whatever this means) contact with an open group of strays, all is still possible for any of them. Nature is not a game I wish to play.

Of course you are not supposed to handle such things alone!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I didn’t read the posts today..I just read about Tommy now as we are heading to bed. I hope it’s nothing serious. I think you’re right waiting until tomorrow to see an experienced vet..and not a new one just out of school. I’m hoping and praying Tommy will be okay. My heart is hurting for you..xxxxxoooo

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @missy !
Just wanted to ask if you all survived the fireworks OK and how the kitties are doing this morning. Hope you all got a good nights sleep. Catch up later!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I hope everyone had a good Fourth. I am keeping my post brief for now as I don't want to bring you all down. All our cats are sick now. Fred is elderly and for the first time ever he didn't come over for breakfast this AM and is lying listless on the couch. I haven't shared this with you but he has been urinating outside of the litter box for 3 plus weeks now. Before Frankie died so nothing to do with her. Tommy ate a bit yesterday afternoon and evening and kept it down and I fed him this morning and just waiting to see if he keeps it down. Bobby didn't want to eat this morning either which is super unusual for him and Fred and I do not know what is going on. I coaxed Fred and Bobby to eat a little at least and we will be monitoring them. You cannot pill Fred and Bobby and Tommy. It is impossible and this is from experienced animal lovers. So if they need meds we are all out of luck. Frankie was the only one who allowed us to give her meds.

So our household is in chaos at the moment and Greg and I do not know what to do. We do not trust any of the veterinarians here given our past experience with them but have little choice as we cannot drag our cats 3 hours each way to my sister's practice. She is not in til Monday afternoon anyway and we sure cannot bring all our cats to Brian. Without an appointment. One yes but all of them no. But I digress because they do not travel well and we are not taking them all the way to Long Island. I am also not sure any veterinarian will be able to figure anything out right now as it is at the beginning of whatever they have. We might have no choice but to wait and see how each of them progress.

I feel like I am losing my mind but I know I have to keep it together and Greg and I will do the best we can. I must remain calm no matter what happens despite just wanting to bury my head in the sand. I feel like I am in a nightmare and it keeps getting worse.

OK so much for brief. I hope everyone is doing well and has a good Friday. Sending you hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 thank you for all your warm and loving support. I hope you are having lots of fun in Vermont and enjoying nice weather. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 thank you sweetheart. Hope you're enjoying a wonderful holiday long weekend. Lots of good things to look forward to. Look how far you have come. XOXO.

@Scandinavian how did your mom's biopsy go yesterday? Hoping all is well and you receive good news very soon. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate thank you sweetie and you are so right. But my gut is now silent as in paralyzed with fear. I have no clue what to do. If there is one thing I have learned it's dragging everyone to the doctor whether it be human or animal can often be an exercise in frustration and lacking in satisfaction. IOW doctors cannot fix it all and in many cases they fix nothing. And our cats are very skittish and anxious kitties (Francesca was the exception as she was neither anxious or skittish) and I am concerned bringing them in might exacerbate their conditions. I've no clue what to do.

Thank you for being my friend Kate the Great and sweet and wise. Hope you had so much fun yesterday. (((Hugs))).

@marcy your breakfast the other day looked delicious. Hope you had a good Fourth of July.

@Mamabean thank you so much sweetie. I hope you had a great day yesterday and looking forward to hearing all about it. XO.

@Austina so sorry about Shirley. How sad. Hope you had a good night's sleep and wake refreshed and welcome back to Austin.

@canuk-gal thank you so much Sharon. I hesitated posting any of this as I feel everything is a big wreck and I am just a sad sack and do not want to bring the NIRDIs down. Thank you for listening and caring and for all your good wishes. I so appreciate them. I hope you are well. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ hope you are having a good end of the week. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for all your good wishes. XO.

Leaving you with a photo of our ice cream from yesterday. Dave from Days got my favorite Strawberry ice cream in too. Cashew cream Strawberry. Delish.

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 6.10.59 AM.png

Have a good Friday lovely ladies.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I wish I were there to give a long hug & take over, com what may! Not that I would now any better what to do, by a long shot ,(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results