carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Sharon, I keep looking at those gifs every time I look at the thread. Maybe I’ll dream of raining diamonds tonight. Sending good luck and speedy recovery dust to your mom; I hope everything goes smoothly for her. My sister just had both of her knees replaced (August then December) and she is doing fabulous!
Missy, Marty’s stir fry was good. We had a nice time last night. We played Trivial Pursuit and cribbage. It was a fun night. We just stayed home today and are watching the super bowl now. Sorry the new dermatologist was disorganized; hopefully her tests come up with the correct treatment for you that helps relieve your itching and skin issues. I really hope the new meds help a lot. How was Hello Dolly?

Hi Sunstorm! Good to hear from you. My desire to get new bling isn’t seasonal. Ha Ha. I am sure you will come up with some gorgeous new pieces of jewelry. Stay warm!

Austina, I am glad you are having lovely weather. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

CJ, that’s funny ha ha is in; see I’m so old I still use it from before LOL came around. It’s always a good idea to get a new perspective on things. Marty’s stir fry was a hit.

Our dinner / game night didn’t go until the wee hours of the morning so I got a decent night’s sleep. Our friends went home about 11. I finished up the remaining dishes and got to be before midnight. It was fun.

We just stayed home today. I made tacos for lunch and I finished the laundry. We watched golf earlier then the super bowl. Sadly this weekend went by way too fast.

Thank you ladies again for your support and concern for me. I really appreciate it.

Have a fabulous week.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, I hope the new medication brings you some relief. It's worth a try at this point. Really sorry these problems are continuing for you and I'm sending lots of healing thoughts and good wishes.

How fun to be seeing Hello Dolly today, hope you had a great time. Yes, dh and I ended up watching the Superbowl . We're outside of Philly so lots of hype about the game in my area. Cute groundhog pic! Things sound like they're moving along with the reno and it would be nice if it was finished early.

Marcy, I'm glad it was determined the error wasn't your fault, nice to be vindicated. Getting together with friends sounds like fun. I hope you're starting to feel a little better, I can see why this time of year is difficult for you emotionally. I don't blame you for staying out of that wind today, even if it meant passing up buying jewelry. That's great news about the Macan!

Sunstorm, so great to hear from you and I'm so glad to see you posting! The great thing about this thread is it's easy to jump right back in.

Scandi, I did so well with my procrastination that I never even started with that task that day lol. Love the boots, really nice. Hope you had a fun weekend in the mountains.

PB, I'm seeing some pretty birds using the feeder! I saw a cardinal and a bird who had an orange mohawk lol - obviously I don't know much about birds. I'm enjoying watching them but Zoe still hasn't noticed them haha. I haven't noticed any squirrels using it but maybe they're all hibernating right now. I like the idea of having a topic to talk about, sounds like a good way to get a conversation going.

Austina, too bad about the tourists haggling like that, how terrible of them. I've been training for the race since the beginning of January and honestly I'm not loving it. Everything seems to hurt while I'm running. Sending good wishes for calm seas and great weather for the remainder of your trip.

CJ, it's great your appointment with your new doctor went well. I never did get to that task that day but I did work on it the next day though. Still have some things to do on it. Mousey sounds like the sweetest little thing, I am so hoping she gets a forever home soon.

Sharon, sending lots of good thoughts to your mom and hoping all goes well with her surgery and she has a smooth recovery.

Didn't do too much today - dd was home last night to go out with friends so we went out to eat beforehand. Spent today watching golf and football, nothing too thrilling lol.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you and I were replying at the same time - sounds like our Sundays were identical lol!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@canuk-gal crossing fingers and toes for your mom! Let us know how it goes.

Hi everyone! Hi @CJ2008! I replied to your Mousey thread, I did not see updates there for a while.

Missy how is your skin? How is the kitchen reno going?

I had a bit of a bad night, for the last week or so I have been having some nightmares about my past kitties. It happens sometimes, I think I have a hard time getting over their loss and one cannot really completely. Also, often worried about the last two being up there in age. Trying to stay positive.

Well, I can just distract my mind here but unfortunately I have such an urge to make myself something that is not so cheap. I know that I eventually will but now that I have to hold myself back it is not easy.Well, the big problems in life, right?

Easy Monday to everyone, hugs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunstorm, I am sorry about your kitties. Sometimes memories are so hard.
And too, the worry associated with our pets getting older. Makes you just want to run away!
Aren’t we lucky there are distractions! I am all for that. Do you have any design ideas you are working on?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon I am sending buckets and buckets of good luck dust to your mom for her knee replacement surgery today!!! Keeping her in my thoughts and hoping for an easy operation and speedy (and as painless as possible) recovery and rehab. (((Hugs))).

Austina happy you are enjoying warm sunny beautiful weather and glad your trip is going so well. Enjoy!

CJ hope you had a fun Sunday and I am glad you liked the gifts :cheeky:. And thank you and right back at ya. Anytime. I feel like there should be a theme song for the NIRDIs. Hmmm let me think about that.

Sunstorm I am so sorry you had a challenging night and I get it. Occasionally when I have trouble falling asleep or going back to sleep in the middle of the night I start thinking about Billy (our beloved kitty who died in 2009) or my grandmother. And well sleep is hard to get back to when one is thinking about those who we love who are gone.:blackeye: I try hard not to think too much about certain futile aspects of life and how sometimes it feels all so meaningless. We are here for such a short time and that short time is filled with challenges, misery, hardship etc and then we are gone. I know I mentioned this recently but it is worth repeating. That Woody Allen line from I think Annie Hall. OK here is the whole quote which I didn't link last time.

“There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring that into the convo but it just came to mind reading your post. So this is how I try looking at things. Life is full of misery and hardships and we just do the best we can taking things one day at a time and cherishing the good things the happy events and our loved ones while we and they are here. Knowing it is all just temporary anyway but living in the moment to appreciate all the beauty and love around us knowing that nothing remains constant. Being grateful for the good. Good health, good relationships, good friends, our beloved fur babies, good times, good food and so on and so forth. We are all on borrowed time so to speak so I work hard to accept what I cannot change and to enjoy what makes me happy and brings me joy and do my best to get through the times that just suck. Nothing is constant and nothing can remain the same for very long.

On that note I will just say (((Hugs))) and we are here for you. I am here for you.

Marcy sounds like a wonderful fun night. Trivial Pursuit and Cribbage the other night and just hanging out with your dh watching the Super Bowl last night. Perfect way to spend a cold weekend IMO. How are you feeling? I hope work starts out well this Monday and continues to go well. Do you have any winter vacation plans?

Junie sounds like a perfect winter weekend. Especially because your DD joined you for dinner. Glad you are enjoying the cold weekends with your dh just spending time together. Our favorite times are those we just spend doing anything together.

Hey there Jimmianne, hope your weekend went well and that you are having a good week.

Hello Dolly was AMAZING. Bernadette Peters was fantastic in the role. OMG we LOVED LOVED LOVED the show. Kate Baldwin's voice was ridiculously beautiful and Victor Garber so reminded me of Walter Matthau in that role. I mean it was one of my favorite musicals of all time I think. Fiddler was an amazing production as well but this is very close. Fiddler's story is more complex and there is just a richer story to Fiddler and all the songs so gorgeous. But Hello Dolly somehow almost transcends that with its simplicity and beauty. The costumes, the set all so gorgeous whereas Fiddler was all gray and bleak. SO Hello Dolly wins on just being beautiful in every way to look at though Fiddler was beautiful in another way. Hard to say which we loved more but love it we did and if you are in NYC while it is still going on I urge you to see it. In fact I would go with you and see it again. Just saying.
:halo:

Thanks for all the good wishes re my skin again. I still don't have the meds she prescribed as the pharmacy has to order it and deliver it so not sure when that is going to happen. I am not in good shape re the skin and eyebrow but again read what I wrote above. Just grateful for all the good and managing with the stuff that is unpleasant and I am compartmentalizing it all as best I can. Thank you to all you lovely ladies who have stood by me and not deserted me despite all my issues. I truly care about all of you and love you and thank you for being by my side even things are not great. (((HUGS))).

Sharon just another shout out to you and your mom. We are thinking good thoughts and sending buckets of good luck and healing dust her way. She will be like a new woman after her knee replacement and good for her for choosing to do it.

Greg is at the beach house now and just sent me more videos and photos and I will email/text you girls with the newest photos.
Have a great Monday girls!
:wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy lol, wow that´s a great quote!
I know what drives me on is I love helping others, whenever a loved one needs help or animals, I pull together all my energy, cheer on, offer positive attitude and I am on a high drive. My BF has been suffering from depression lately and I channel every drop of positive energy towards helping him. I am also grateful. One of the things is as we grow older, the losses we incurred, I cannot fully get over. My cats, especially those that went through so much with me are tough.

My mom is the same way, she has also had bad luck with her kitties but she continues helping, always out to feed, get the strays adopted, even though she is a doctor, I am the one who had more experience with vet care, so when we find them sick, I would go along and give long lasting shots and teach her to help those that we can handle.

I know you are also one with a huge heart and who loves helping the kitties.

And we surely love the beauty in life too, our bling, boots, dresses lol. This winter and last year was all about bags, coats, dresses and of course my diamond projects for me.

PS is also something we can be grateful for and the wonderful friends here!

Hey, @marcy , I agree my bling craving is not seasonal either but in the winter it gets worse lol. As it is dark and cold and boring, the best and biggest ideas come to mind then. Since my birthday is in June, well, that is a good excuse to have something new as well but this winter I already made something bigger for myself, yet I started dreaming of a big project just recently and it is driving me insane wanting it like right now.

Hi Junie and @Jimmianne!
Yeah so it is kind of a long story what I am doing now. First I made a pink diamond ring in rose gold, my first pink bling. It is very different and it has smaller stones but I was for a while experimenting with a parcel of fancy colors. That was a really interesting project.

I was mainly studying greens to see which I could get reports on because as we know greens are not easy. It was a great learning experience for me. So, I first wanted a light bluish green diamond ring but then decided on picking out the most saturated, best pinks, albeit small and creating something different and then loved it.

Next, well I have been in love with a lower colored stone forever. It is an S-T cushion and I decided to make myself an engagement ring. I just thought, well, if we do get engaged cool, if not I will be engaged to myself because I have to love myself. It was a difficult time I was going through and my project helped me a lot. And I have always been crazy about cushions! And yellows as you know!

So now I want a pair of yellow cushion dangle earrings combined with whites but this will cost me... oh momma. I love dangle earrings and I hate myself for having come up with this new item on my wish list. Working on designs already, a bad sign really, once I do this, I will not stop.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, like Sunstorm, I am grateful for the gabbery:lol-2: and support.

Thank you for the well wishes for my Mom. I know she has been dreading this and is afraid. Natural feelings but no one likes to feel stress. She is fairly healthy 82 year old, but yanno. Oh and she specified "no chest compressions" should something go south. That was a bit sobering to hear.

Sharon

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sharon that is scary to hear! But rest assured nothing should go wrong. When will she be out of surgery?

I am told that most of these implant surgeries are not a problem at all. Only in my family we reject them. My father had two trials at hip replacement and should have a third but he is not willing to go through it again anytime soon. But this is only because we have autoimmune tendencies. One of my friends told me she knows at least three people who have had no problem and were talking the same day or the next day. Most people do quite well, you have to think positively, it is usually not a problem.

One of the reasons I was away was my ordeal with my teeth. I do not want to even hear that word anymore and I still have gaps all over the back of my mouth. As much as I am such a feminine woman, I accepted being ugly for the moment and learnt to not smile full mouth like I did my whole mouth. But I spent like two years on antibiotics and lost more than half of my hair.

It was like boom, boom, one abscess after the other, I could not believe it, then implant surgeries, more root canals, infection not subsiding and the last time I almost passed out from the shot, the epinephrine just pushed my heart into overdrive, it was more than my body could handle at the moment.

Then two months later my body rejected another implant, still have no crowns and now I am too scared to go back. Diverting my attention with everything else. I want to believe that because I have now spent more than six month without antibiotics, it could mean that momentarily I am free from infection but I do not want to jinx it.

I am like a little girl, I want someone to come with me. We talked about it with BF but how would he take time off to come with me for a week or two even though my birth town where I have it done is a beautiful place. I need courage and encouragement with this I think.

So, there it is, between work and this I had no energy to read and be here that much, this must mean I am fine for the moment.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, tons of dust and good luck for your mom! I'm sure she will be fine, she sounds tough!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, that’s great you are enjoying the bird feeder. I am sure squirrels will find it when they come out of hibernation. My dad battled the squirrels at his cabin trying to keep them out of his bird feeders. The squirrels usually won. I will never forget setting at the breakfast table watching a squirrel try to get to one of those bird seed bells. My dad has hung it off a high branch of a tree; all off by itself thinking it was only reachable by something that flies. He also took an old pie pan, cut a hole in it and but on the branch running over to the bell hopefully keeping the squirrel from getting to the birdseed. This squirrel tries assorted things to get over to the bell and finally figures out to grab on to the edge of the pan, swing to the right, take a flying leap at the birdseed bell to knock some of the seeds off on the ground. He’d eat what fell off then repeat. We did spend our Sunday the same way, too funny. It was so windy out here I had no desire to venture out.

Sunstorm, sorry you had some bad dreams and are missing your kitties. I love pink in rose gold; it’s a good combo. Your cushion diamond ring sounds fabulous; definitely find some more cushions for dangle earrings. I am so sorry to hear about your teeth. Sounds like quite an ordeal for you. I hope you are doing a lot better now.

Jimmianne, bling distractions are good.

Missy, life does have it’s ups and downs but I try to find something to make me laugh. That helps me anyway. Marty has one of my bears standing on his head on the couch and that is cracking me up; his legs are all spread out. I am so easily entertained. Work was hectic and ended with a headache. See below. I did meet some friends for lunch and one of them has cute little girls so that was fun. That is fabulous Hello Dolly was wonderful. It sounds like a great time. I am so sorry you don’t have your medicine yet. I am crossing my fingers and toes it gives you some relief. We are here for you! Your kitchen looks better with every new video. It is going to be amazing when it’s finished. We don’t have any winter vacation plans; I am still diligently saving money to replace what it cost us to get out of the RV. Are you going anywhere or just enjoying some time at the beach house?

Sharon, thinking of you and your mom today.

Hi Scandi.

For pure entertainment go to youtube and search for Daylight robbery squirrels. It is pretty amazing and amusing.

Well we started the new changes at work today and my most negative finger pointing always a victim employee completely disregarded procedures and created some big problems for corporate. I was so mad that I was uttering a few Gordon Ramsey phrases at my desk when I found out. She luckily stayed home at lunch because she wasn’t feeling well. I’m telling her in the morning next time she doesn’t follow procedures she is getting written up. I don’t even see the need to discuss it. WTH?

I made myself a BLT for supper. That hit the spot. We had a large and small tomato left from tacos yesterday so I cut up the small tomato, cooked some bacon, toasted an English muffin and thoroughly enjoyed my little sandwich. Easy dishes too.

Take care.
Marcy
IMG_9271.JPG

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
(I’m not sure if I’m really allowed to join in here, but I’ve read a few pages because I’m trying to distract myself from some nerves for an interview tomorrow, and I just had to chime in on two things.)

@canuk-gal, how did your mother’s surgery go? My husband is something of a total knee specialist, and they really do usually go well and do wonders for most people. As patients get older, the hardest part on their bodies is the waiting period before surgery if there’s an immediate trauma (a fall and break, for example); the surgery itself is a quick and effective procedure.

@missy your problems really sound autoimmune to me, at least in the context of my own autoimmune issues. I think I’ve read before that you’re vegetarian or pescatarian, but do you eat dairy? Perhaps look into small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and/or probiotics and/or turmeric?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Hayley,

Welcome. Nice to see you here.

What interview you have tomorrow?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon how is your mom this morning? I hope she had a very successful surgery and is now recuperating comfortably. More good thoughts and (((Hugs))) being sent your and her way.

Sunstorm oh I love a big yellow cushion ring and with yellow cushion dangles to match sounds just heavenly. Please keep us posted. You know I am crazy about your avatar stone. I am so sorry you are dealing and have dealt with so many autoimmune issues too and you have been through so much. You are a strong, courageous, smart and beautiful woman. And thank you for sharing your words of wisdom about life. I agree completely. And helping others (especially animals but I am not adverse to helping people either) makes life sweeter. Please send me photos (I know you cannot share here because of your trade designation) of your new bling!:love: (((Hugs))).

Marcy haha you always make me smile and laugh and feel better. Thank you. And thanks for you and Junie and LLJsmom for yesterday. Spiderman sends his regards. LOL. OMG that Marty what a rascal. Tell him the bears seem to be getting quite a bit ahead of those bunnies doing graceful gymnastic stunts. The bunnies cannot even do a cartwheel let alone stand on their heads and do a split. Go Teddy! Sorry work was hectic and disorganized but happy you got to meet a few friends for lunch and enjoy some "adult" company and yes I am including her little girls (if they joined in) because compared to your work mates those little girls are probably way more mature.:lol: No vacation plans except for beach house when the kitchen is done. We have some snow headed our way so the project could be delayed a bit but we will see. Hope today goes better at work for you. (((Hugs))).

Scandi thank you and I am glad you liked my video. I will continue sharing as I receive them. Greg is not headed back to house probably till next week but stay tuned. How was the skii weekend? How are you feeling? Any surgery update? How are your sweet little girl and boy doing? Please tell them I say hi! (((Hugs))).

@Hayley87 Hello and welcome! Of course you are not only "allowed" here but you are very welcome here and I sure hope you will stay! Thank you for chiming in and sharing your thoughts with me. I don't eat dairy and I am very careful about what I eat and don't eat. I eat fermented veggies and take probiotics to add good bacteria to my gut and well all I can say is I think I am doing as much as humanly possible to be healthy but sadly my genetic makeup isn't helping. Oh well. But I am on it and I am not giving up and there is always room for improvement right? Thanks so much for thinking of me.
On to you...what interview do you have today? Wishing you buckets of good luck and hope you get the job of your dreams!!!

goodluckyougotthis.gif
Good luck Hayley!

I got some blood drawn yesterday for another test ordered by my "new" derm and did get the meds and yes the pharmacy managed to screw that up as well. But it was all sorted out and thanks to my dh for picking it all up for me and taking me to get the bloodwork yesterday afternoon. I really need to stop researching this because all the treatments are terrible and don't work. Yet still I read and read about it. Like when you keep touching the sore to see if it still hurts? You know. LOL OK well I am keeping a positive attitude despite occasional breakdowns and thank you for letting me share with you guys.

Have a good day and hugs to all. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey nirdis!

I'm hoping the new medication brings some relief Missy. These chronic issues are draining and worrisome so it's very understandable that you have times when you feel down and upset. Sending lots of love, comfort and support to you. I'm so glad you're hanging in there and trying to stay positive but I know it's not always easy. PLEASE share how you're feeling when you need to - wish I could do more, but I can at least offer support and comfort when you need it. (((Hugs)))

Hayley, hi! Sending lots of good wishes that your interview goes well!

Sunstorm, I'm sorry about the bad dreams. I agree that the sense of loss never completely goes away. And I understand your worry about your aging kitties. And yes, thank goodness for beautiful things in life like bling to distract us and add joy to our lives. I feel the same as you, the dreariness and boredom of winter leads to wanting beautiful new pieces. I just got new diamond studs for Christmas and already I'm dreaming of the next purchase! I'm hopeless lol, and I'll have to wait a while before I get anything else. I love reading about your projects! The pink diamond in rose gold sound absolutely beautiful. I love cushion shaped stones, creating a ring with a low color cushion sounds great. And yellow diamond dangle earrings would be fabulous. I would love to get a green gemstone ring at some point, it's one of my favorite colors.

It is such a shame you're having so many issues with your teeth, I am very sorry! :(2 My gosh, you've been through such an ordeal and I can see why you're putting off going back to the dentist. If I lived close to you I would definitely go with you! It's easier doing these things when you have someone with you for moral support.

Marcy, that is a great story about the squirrel! Wow, you have to give him some credit for being so resourceful! Your father doing his best to defeat the squirrels made me smile. And lol to that pic of the bear - and thank goodness we are easily amused, finding humor in things definitely helps lift the spirits. I'm so glad silly stuff makes me laugh. And on that note, I am so sorry about your employee, how frustrating! What could she possibly be thinking??? I hope today is better for you.

Sharon, thinking of your dear mother today and hoping she's doing well after her surgery. Hugs to you.

A cardinal stopped by for lunch yesterday - they aren't that common around here so it was cool to see one. Saw some pretty blue jays too but couldn't get a pic.
63737ABB-D1A5-4CD5-9407-44D134FAFF64.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Finally got decent internet! The last 2 days with everyone aboard, it was nigh on impossible to log in.

We’re sitting in the loung at Miami airport, got a looooong day ahead of us, the flights not till 7pm, so we won’t get home till tomorrow morning.

I hope your Mum is comfortable and recovering well @canuk-gal and that @Hayley87 words have reassured you.

Hi @Hayley87 nice to meet you :D

Those squirrels are cunning devils @marcy we have lots in our garden and they are always chasing each other up and around the trees. Your employees would try the patience of a saint :roll I don’t know how you stand it. :lol: To the Gordon Ramsay language. That’s one supple teddy!

We don’t put out bird food @junebug17 as it could attract rats, but we have planted lots of Cotoneaster which is full of berries in the winter, so they have plenty to eat. Dottie doesn’t seem to pay too much attention to the garden squirrels, but goes in to full on hunting mode when we’re out in the woods :lol: I’m not sure she realises they’re the same thing.

I’m so sorry to hear about all your troubles @Sunstorm and I sincerely hope that things will improve for you.

You’re just not getting a break at the moment are you Missy? I’m sorry the pharmacy screwed up, but glad that you’ve now got the meds and will be keeping everything crossed that they bring some relief. So glad you enjoyed the show, I love the music, it’s just so cheerful.

The kitchen is really taking shape and I’ve loved seeing the progress, not too long now before it’s finished and you can put all this aggravation behind you.

Did you have fun this weekend @Scandinavian, I think I heard that you had more snow?

Hi @Jimmianne how are things with you? How are the animals doing?

Well, I’ll be home tomorrow, then have a long journey to collect Dottie, Anne says she’s been an angel and they’ve loved having her.

Have a good day all :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hello Nirdis! Quick report that DH successfully finished his 100 miler run. Wow, what a day/night… it took him 25 hours. I started running with him during midnight since it was the last 20 miles. It was poetic that we didn’t finish until the sun rose again. I tried driving home right after but had to pull on the side of the road for a cat nap. So amazed at DH and thankful that he said “I don’t find the need to do this again.” He found his limit and had a good time. A little bit of Frakenstein walking but recovering well. I wasn’t the best pacer since I was getting pretty sleepy and started off with a lot of stories but then I was more so his shadow… just running when he was running and walking when he wanted to walk. Ok hope ya’ll have a great day!

@CJ2008 – Cooking rice is essential! If you got that down, you can do anything. I’m behind on the social times and don’t even have Instagram or twitter. I’m the only one within our group of friends that have an android. I don’t really feel the pressure though… I’ll just continue to be me… LOL... : )

Good idea on adding to the “love” topic so it’s a little bit more unpredictable. I’m honestly an introvert so I commiserate with those not desiring to speak in front of a big group but the good part is that only one person talks at one time.

@Scandinavian – You sound like a great host and I like how you subtly set up conversations between people. In the end, the goal is to get people to share and to have an activity. I really appreciate the feedback!

@Austina – haha DH and I ate pizza hut the night before the race. Not sure if it’s what he should be eating but heyyyy it worked out! Glad you are still having a blast cruising around! But hurray that you get to see Dottie soon.

@missy – hahaha noooo political debates please ever in my life. My alarm clock is set to NPR and I hate waking up and hearing about what our president is or isn’t doing.

Good luck with the staining of the floors today! I hope the second opinion with your dermatologist went well. Seeing now in your other post that you are discontinuing the cream that wasn’t really working. Hopefully the new med will work. Is there one to encourage hair growth back on the eyebrow?

Yummm French restaurants… what will you get there? Yesterday in cooking class we made ratatouille which was all veggie based. Made me think of you!

@marcy – Oh wow, 68 degree winds? Goodness… I bet you would feel that even in your Porsche. Hope you had a good stir fry dinner with friends! Hurray to Marty cooking a meal so you were hopefully kicking back with a wine glass in your hand.

@Sunstorm – hello and welcome back!

@junebug17 – So funny that your cat hasn’t noticed the birds yet. Maybe that’s a good thing because once she sees it, she will always be looking out the window just hoping for something to come by. It’s like us staring at a jewelry store with the rings in a glass case where we can only peep!

@Haley87 – Hello and good luck on your interview!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning! I am happy to report that so far so good with m MOm. She spent a good night after post op nausea--and will be going to Physio soon. I am sure she won't be happy about that!

Haley--that for stopping by. The rehab with knees with laborious and more painful than with hips. Mom Mom left her replacement too long and it was becoming difficult for her to get around. It was precipitated by an MVA which tore everything in her "good" knee and there was now no reason for her to defer. Anyway--her health is otherwise good, so hopefully this knee will all that she needs.

Have a great day NIRDIs

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning! I am happy to report that so far so good with m MOm. She spent a good night after post op nausea--and will be going to Physio soon. I am sure she won't be happy about that!

Haley--that for stopping by. The rehab with knees with laborious and more painful than with hips. Mom Mom left her replacement too long and it was becoming difficult for her to get around. It was precipitated by an MVA which tore everything in her "good" knee and there was now no reason for her to defer. Anyway--her health is otherwise good, so hopefully this knee will all that she needs.

Have a great day NIRDIs

cheers--Sharon

Yay! Thank you for the update Sharon and so glad she is doing well!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news Sharon! :appl: Sending healing vibes her way!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Haley :wavey:

Sharon, she is so lucky to have her devoted daughter keeping track of her! Does she know that she is getting so much NIRDI dust??

PierreB you astound me. Congratulations to your DH, and to you for running with him. Very nice image of you two running at dawn.

Missy, I’m sorry you are having this huge flair. I hesitate to insult by mentioning, as I dearly know you have tried everything, but I am having some good luck with L’Oreal “hydra genius”. Apparently for me, super hydration has a calming effect, where regular creams made no difference.

Austina, it’s hard to fathom that you are already on your way back! I hope this vacation was refreshing and will get you through the rest of winter. Are you going to have more photos to share?
Well, as Dottie knows, there are house squirrels and then there are woods squirrels of course lol

Hi to everyone <3

I spent half the day taking my DD to the airport (she is headed for SF), now trying to rally to get some work done. A truck load of hay to put in the barn and using the front loader to fill potholes in the road. I am resisting these two things which are actual WORK...I fear only the threat of rain will get me to unload the hay. Slothful and loving it.

Ps. Marcy, what’s this about wind? In peaceful Out West??! Please, wear your heaviest coat and hat.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Haley :wavey:

Sharon, she is so lucky to have her devoted daughter keeping track of her! Does she know that she is getting so much NIRDI dust??

PierreB you astound me. Congratulations to your DH, and to you for running with him. Very nice image of you two running at dawn.

Missy, I’m sorry you are having this huge flair. I hesitate to insult by mentioning, as I dearly know you have tried everything, but I am having some good luck with L’Oreal “hydra genius”. Apparently for me, super hydration has a calming effect, where regular creams made no difference.

Austina, it’s hard to fathom that you are already on your way back! I hope this vacation was refreshing and will get you through the rest of winter. Are you going to have more photos to share?
Well, as Dottie knows, there are house squirrels and then there are woods squirrels of course lol

Hi to everyone <3

I spent half the day taking my DD to the airport (she is headed for SF), now trying to rally to get some work done. A truck load of hay to put in the barn and using the front loader to fill potholes in the road. I am resisting these two things which are actual WORK...I fear only the threat of rain will get me to unload the hay. Slothful and loving it.

Ps. Marcy, what’s this about wind? In peaceful Out West??! Please, wear your heaviest coat and hat.

Thank you JA. My sister practices Buddhism and therefore she relates to the dust--as she chants and her friends all chant for my Mom two. Good dust and vibes in this universe for her!

Glad you had some time with your daughter before her trip.:razz:

cheers--Sharon

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sharon thanks for keeping us posted, so happy your mom is doing fine, yaay! More later girls, just wanted to say this. We are all sending her healing dust.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
K 59A0AA2A-F57C-49A3-AA29-7302D46832FF.jpeg
cup cake day!
4CE943B3-0DEA-49F9-9414-1991F2AC2399.jpeg
Special eclair afternoon tea!

Arriving in Bonaire
2BAFF729-E734-451D-BBCC-F939AFD2266D.jpeg
827DBA8B-2CF5-4DBC-885E-C0E9B593CFA5.jpeg

Attachments

• 3EA2C043-F786-4B06-9405-D4195390D82A.jpeg
    3EA2C043-F786-4B06-9405-D4195390D82A.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 7C103934-8690-468D-B89A-28F49B3D78D8.jpeg
    7C103934-8690-468D-B89A-28F49B3D78D8.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 30

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
St Vincent

CC881D97-933A-49F3-8692-A29094F3FB62.jpeg 6796535C-89EF-4C0F-A821-4176C3F3825D.jpeg 43408B18-865E-443A-9B0A-305CBBA202C8.jpeg

Sun setting over Martinique

9162B626-8074-41AB-B13B-1F4612B65379.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, you are adorable! So glad we are NiRDIs together.
Thank you for all the pictures of all the places.
St.Vincent, for instance, looks incredible. Beautiful mt. backdrop for the shoreline town.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Hayley, I love the ring in your avatar. Is that a sapphire? How did your interview go? I will probably need knee surgery but since I am allergic to the universe I worry that I’ll have some kind of reaction and then what would I do?

Sunstorm, are you feeling better today?

Missy, glad I could provide you with a laugh. I am glad Spiderman sent us greetings. I feel special now. That’s right the bears are way more agile than those rascally rabbits. I am sure my friend’s little girls would be more responsible at work than some of my employees. I was stunned today one of them showed up at my desk to learn how to create and run reports to check our work. Darn that the pharmacy messed up your medicine. As we often say; you can’t make this stuff up. I agree researching your symptoms and diseases can just make things worse or at least make us more worried. Mega dust coming your way that the new meds help a LOT.

Junebug, I am dreaming about my next piece of jewelry before a new piece of jewelry is a day old. I was like that before finding PS too. Very cool you had a cardinal show up at your bird feeder. My dad had quite a few bird feeders at his cabin and he even ordered some that were “squirrel proof”. One of them deterred the squirrels for sure but they eventually figured it out. It was always fun to watch what those squirrels would do to get that birdseed. I think it’s good silly things make us laugh.

Austina, yay for getting back to decent wifi and internet. When we went to Glacier National park I was still teaching and we had to drive down to the KOA office and set on their patio so I could grade papers. Other than using their internet we were cut off from the world. it was great. Good luck with you long day but I hope you had safe travels getting home. It is fun watching squirrels scamper around. Thank you for the great pictures. You and are DH are a cute couple. You both look very happy. St. Vincent is gorgeous; I love how blue the water is there. I am glad you have many wonderful memories from your trip.

PierreBear, tell your DH congratulations on completing his 100 mile run. You were a real trooper joining him on the last 20 miles. Congratulations to you as well. That is cool you both got to enjoy the sunrise. I bet you both are beat. I did enjoy some wine Saturday night. Marty and my girl friend put away way more wine than me and her husband. You could tell that by who was talking the most. Ha Ha.

Sharon, I am glad to hear your mom’s surgery went well. My sister finished her last physical therapy session today and I hope your mom’s recovery goes as smoothly as her’s did. Sending your mom speedy recovery dust.

Jimmianne, your 2 chores sound like a lot of work to me. Did you get them behind you? Our winds died down for now but they’ll be back. Silly wind; it blows.

My employee called in sick today. I won’t forget we need to have a chat when she does show up again. She runs her mouth all the time; so either she’ll be on a big rant about me after our chat or she’ll be pouting and not talk for a few days. Oh well. I’m over it already.

We thawed out a few filet for supper but neither of us were hungry so I did dishes while Marty went to met a buddy at his gym. I made myself a plate of raw veggies and cooked my filet saving most of it for tomorrow night.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are 2 pictures of a bird feeder at my parents cabin. I had the one with the squirrel framed for my dad for Christmas one year. We've got it hanging up at our house now. Note the little tray below the bird house with the squirrel on it; it was intended to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder.
snowbirdhouse.jpg
squirrelbird.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@marcy lol allergic to the universe, that about describes me as well. I am all the time on minimum double dose antihistamines and plus selenium, Vita C, Calcium, or otherwise I would either tear off my skin or choke to death or both.

You are right that you may not be a good prospect because allergies are largely autoimmune and people like us are not good candidates for any type of an implant. You may do fine with it though.

Well, I try not to concentrate on health related stuff or I will all the time get depressed about it. I thought I was better but I still think something either chronic is going on or a bacterial secondary so I started antibiotics last night because I was sick of getting temperatures and being super grumpy and weak.

Sorry girls I really want to write about upbeat great stuff and do not want to complain but in real life I cannot tell people or they will say oh well you are all the time sick, etc. I hate that, it is not like it is our fault but I never talk about it.

This morning I did not wake up in time to work. Running so late. It is snowing nonstop here maybe that is why? Being really slow mo.

So nice to see your gorgeous pix @Austina!

I will respond to everyone else soon, just still trying to collect my energy for today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results