color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie what a beautiful cardinal and I love your feeder. So sweet.:love:
Thanks for all your love and support Junie. So far no relief and I appreciate you being here for me to share my worries and get it all out. (((Hugs))). It's snowing here...are you getting any snow today?

Austina WOW just gorgeous photos and you are gorgeous but I already knew that. Vacation definitely agrees with you and thank you so much for sharing all your lovely photos. I almost feel like we are there. Peaceful and serene and oh so lovely. And my goodness those desserts look divine. Safe trip back!
And as always I appreciate your good wishes and support. You are a dear.

PierreBear yay to your dh and his 100 mile feat. Wow and wow again. That was one painful blister though and ouch. One and done and woohoo please send our well wishes and congrats to your dh. Right now the eyebrow skin is way to irritated with open sores to do any med to encourage hair growth. Nothing is helping heal it and so we must concentrate on that first. Sad to say (can't believe I am saying it) the hair growth is the least of my concerns right now. Thanks for your good wishes as always.

Jimmianne I will check out your rec and always appreciate your thoughts. I am so glad you are finding relief from your skin flares! Wishing your DD a safe trip back and yes to being a sloth! Sloths deserve rest and relaxation too and sloths are beautiful.:bigsmile:

Sharon how is your mom doing today? Continued healing vibes being sent her way.

Marcy you and me and substorm makes 3. We are allergic to the universe for sure.
Thank you for all your love and mega good wishes and right back at ya.
Ugh to the continued incompetent employee saga. Hope you get a break today.
I love your bird feeder pics and your parents cabin. So lovely.
And one more thought...knee surgery at HSS...best surgeons in the world here I think. Just saying! And I will be close by so perhaps an added incentive or perhaps not depending how you look at it.:cheeky: Also I think you will be OK because I had that big surgery and I have metal in my leg and so far so good. My derm does think I have a slight allergy to it (lol cannot make this stuff up) but perhaps you can make sure to tell the surgeon you need the most inert metal possible...so just food for thought for the future.
Hope you have a good day at work!

Sunstorm I am sorry you are feeling unwell and hope you woke up today feeling much better. Sending you hugs and healing vibes and keeping you in my thoughts. Please don't worry about sharing and venting here. This is a safe place for just that. No need to be fake upbeat or feel like you cannot get it out. If it makes you feel better to share please do. It helps me quite a bit knowing I have the NIRDIs on my side and vice versa. Remember sorrow shared is sorrow halved and joy shared is joy doubled. (((Hugs))).

Hayley @Hayley87 how did your job interview go? We are all thinking of you and hope it went well and would love to hear an update.

Yesterday I got together with my girlfriend M who is leaving tomorrow for Spain for 2 months. I already miss her so much. But I am very glad she is going and she will have the best time. She loved it there last time so much that she planned this return trip almost immediately. She is involved in a Spanish program and is in the advanced level now. Anyway very happy for her that she is going. We had a wonderful afternoon and even got to spend a bit of time outside. It wasn't too cold yesterday here. But it did feel like snow all day. You know that feeling of snow impending.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and hugs to you all.
:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning ladies! Reading a good book at the moment called The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. It has nothing to do with running and is told from the perspective of a dog and the family that owns him. Supposedly a tear jerker, which is why my friend recommended it to me. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that made me tear up before. It’s really moving and only ¼ into it.

Thanks for the kind words regarding DH’s accomplishment. I’m feeling a bit stiff and hopefully not injured and will get a massage to work out the kinks today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

@canuk-gal – Glad that your mom is doing well! So nice to have a kind daughter such as yourself to watch over her. Is she in good spirits as well?

@Jimmianne – Good luck with the hay project! May it not cause you any allergies. Your animal babies say thank you!

@Austina – Wow did you try one of each dessert? Ohhhh the cupcakes!!!!! Your photos look awesome and you are so good at posing. I’ll have to keep that in mind about crossing my legs to make it a bit more dynamic. Always feel so awkward in photos. It’s so luscious and green over there!

@marcy – Raw veggies for dinner? Do you dip it in hummus or anything? I’m always looking for new ideas.

Adorable feeder with snow on the top!!

@missy – Ohhh no I didn’t realize that there is an open sore on the eyebrow area. Ouch. I’m so sorry! Hugs! How did the floor staining turn out? Does it match the other part of the house well?

Glad you got together and said goodbye to your friend. Maybe a chance for you to go to Spain and visit? Enjoy some tapas with her?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear haha I wish! @PintoBean suggested the same thing. Hahaha I wish and I wish I wasn't scared of flying. Maybe one day I can get back to traveling and flying but honestly I am more than content atm to be a homebody. Boring and all!

The staining and floor work continues this week. Today might be a day the floor has to dry and then tomorrow more staining or polyurethane takes place. I am not sure of the details as Greg has that under control but I do know the floor work is scheduled for the rest of the week. It's snowing here though so fingers crossed it isn't bad and it doesn't delay things. Though we might have some other delays because of an issue but I will explain later.

Anyway thank you for the book rec of The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein and I am going to see if I can get it to read it. I love tear jerkers! Have a good day PB!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi @PierreBear, nice to meet you here. I have a bit of a hard time following up with everyone´s stories having missed so much but I will try to catch up. Hope you are feeling ok and the massage will help you!

I love massages so much and used to giving them, not getting them but I have a friend who does my feet and nails and does foot massage and just love it, it gets any stress out of me. She is the only person I allow to touch my nails and feet because she does superb job and does it at home for me with top hygiene, never had a problem. I go nowhere else even though that is a day off having to travel to her and back takes four hours, worth it to me. That is usually my fun day and will do it this Sunday again.

@missy aww dear friend thank you so much! It felt so good to be able to vent a bit but not be looked down for it. It is so true, that it already helped and yeah joy shared is really joy doubled too!

Speaking of which preparing for V-day a bit already. I will be travelling next week to spend V-day with BF, should be fun I hope. Got some funny little stuff for him. I wanted to buy him a really nice watch but I think I will wait. He is usually guilty if I buy him something expensive and maybe for his Bday. This time just a cologne and funny stuff then.

This week working a lot, the entire week so it will be nice to take a bit of time off even though sometimes we do work together too but that is fun for me.

This horrible dizziness from all the snow is gone almost but so slow today. Fun to be here on PS though.

I tried to find new boots today. I have my new look already put together for next week lol. New coat, navy blue cashmere and will wear my navy Ferragamo, wanted new boots too but I failed. My legs are just too thin and narrow, I hate this. I am kind of crazy with creating perfect outfits, I already have my Purim outfit planned and bought as well. I need to stop shopping, I am a serious addict but sale is so hard to resist, I got the most amazing deals in town.

Have a great day girls.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Quick update: my Mom walked 30 m in physio yesterday! But her electrolyte's are out of balance and will stay in hospital another day. They are managing it and it is "correcting" itself. (she does take meds for hypertension)

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, that is great news! I'm glad they're keeping your mother a little longer, just to make sure she is in good shape before she is sent home.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sharon, I think she is making great progress! It is to be expected to have post operative weakness but to walk on her own already is huge! I am glad they are watching her for one more day, that never hurts. I am sure this is already a huge relief to you though.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy I hate using haha except in certain circumstances it just doesn't fit as well as LOL.

We're here for you marcy. <3

Cute bear picture :D

How frustrating with that employee not following procedures. Did she say why she did not follow them, or is she one of those people that just doesn't like procedures. No excuse either way but just wondering.

june glad you got to that task. And glad you got to spend time with DD. The car is scheduled to be here soon isn't it? (or did you already get it and I missed it :()

sunstorm thank you so much for asking about Mousey <3 I will check out the other thread. I give little updates here and there mostly here for the NIRDIs. In a way I'm glad to not have updates because that means she's healthy and doing good. One day I hope to give the update that we have found the perfect family for her. :pray:

I totally hear you about the dreams about your kitties. They are so small and can't even talk to us yet they have such a hold on our hearts. It's incredible. Sorry to hear that some of your kitties have been through really tough times. :blackeye:

I hope your BF gets better from his depression - that must be tough on you both.

And I hope that stuff with your you know what is done and overwith. :pray:

But this thread and us are hear to hear the good and the bad. Hope you felt a little more energetic and that you ended up having a great day.

missy (((I really loved my gifts.))) Theme song, Theme song! :bigsmile:

Maybe we could all add a little thought or a word that signifies what the NIRDIs mean for us.

And you're so right about being grateful for the good.

We would never desert you.

And I hear you on stopping the research. I've come home so many times with prescriptions filled - as in I bought the medicine - only to not take it after I read about it. :cry:

sharon so glad your mom is doing OK. And yes, must have been sobering to hear that. :( my heart dropped a little.

Hayley welcome! :wavey:

austina Loved all the pictures. And Dottie must have been so glad to have mommy and daddy home.

pb I am in awe of your DH. And you. So nice for you to run that last 20 miles with him.

An android as opposed to an iPhone, you mean? I tried an iPhone once for two weeks and returned it. Hated everything about it.

Glad you liked my idea for the additional layer to the love topic.

Pizza Hut! Yum.

Hi CJ aka jimmianne 8)

Hugs everyone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I think she is making great progress! It is to be expected to have post operative weakness but to walk on her own already is huge! I am glad they are watching her for one more day, that never hurts. I am sure this is already a huge relief to you though.

So good to hear from you Sunstorm. I know you didn't get the boots you wanted; but you had me at "cashmere coat". Keep toasty and fashionable!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

CJ--hello! How are you and little furry Miss?

Junebugorama--thanks for the healing vibes. I was going to suggest you come and visit me but there will be 35 cms of snow (or some such nonsense) falling over the next few days. Please tell me I can come and visit YOU! Could this be a cry for help????!!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Sunstorm, i am glad those things help your allergies. I don’t take anything; they make me a total witch and cry baby. I drink some OJ every morning mostly because I always wake up with a sore throat. I hope you feel better soon. We keep getting snow too.

Missy, oh no you are getting snow. We had about an inch over night. I will keep in mind you have the best surgeons there; recovery in the big city with all those diamonds and places to go and see. Plus having you nearby - that sounds like a deal. Yes, we are allergic to the universe. I know you’ve said before you wonder if you have an allergy to the metal in your foot. It is sure something to think about. It was always very pretty at my parent’s cabin in the winter with all the snow. I am glad you got to get together with your friend. Sorry you will miss her while she is in Spain but I am sure she’ll have a fabulous time. Your floor will be done soon. I am anxious to see how it looks.

PierreBear, I am glad you enjoying the book you are reading. I hope it isn’t a real tearjerker though (although sometimes those good cries can help). I sometimes eat my raw veggies plain, but last night I cut them up in bite size pieces, put some shredded mozzarella with them and some ranch dressing. I like Italian dressing sometimes too.

Sharon, that’s great your mom walked 30 minutes in therapy today. Sorry her electrolytes are out of balance, I hope they gets straightened out right away so she can go home. Stay safe from all the snow.

Junebug, are you getting snow too?

CJ, very insightful question about my employee. She doesn’t like to follow procedures and this one was a blatant not even close to following procedures. She called in sick again today. She’s wiley like a coyote. I put that bear picture as my wallpaper on my phone. It makes me laugh every time I see it. It’s interesting how people either love iPhones or Androids. I think anymore they are both really good phones.

Poor Marty had insomnia again last night. He wants to go to Denver Saturday and visit an Apple store (he wants a new Apple Watch). He wasn't happy when I told him it’s our cleaning day. He is tired of the inconvenience of having the cleaning lady come on Saturday. If he was home on a more regular basis we could try to find someone to come during the week but he’s gone so much now. If I have to wait for someone to show up then come home tout o let them that doesn’t set well with my boss. Right now Saturday works well for me. I don’t know what we’ll do. Hurry up golf season, then he won’t mind.

Have a fabulous evening and Thursday tomorrow.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy--you seem to have a lot on your plate. Take care.

cheers--Sharon

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sharon—so glad to hear your mom is up and moving! How are her electrolyte levels doing now? She’s lucky to have you around to help out

Missy—ouch, I didn’t realize it was more than the hair loss :cry2: That sounds very painful. I’ll say some prayers for you that the docs figure out the right medicinal cocktail to help you heal. I’ve enjoyed the renovation pictures and videos you’ve been posting on Instagram! I love all things houses; I’m the type of person to check out realtors’ open houses for fun.

PierreBear—what an incredible accomplishment! I’m a total wuss when it comes to running, so even looking at 5k finishers gets me like :eek2:

(I’m still trying to memorize who’s who here—bear with me as I get caught up! :kiss2:)

Thank you for all the well wishes and good vibes for my interview...I got an offer today! :D :dance:It’s a promotion and an improved commute, which makes a big difference when one has little kids at home as I do.

Today was also fun because the shipment of trial rings from IDJ arrived. After considering a few consigned rings from JbG and LAD, I decided that a simple 5-stone as a somewhat non-traditional engagement and wedding band combo might be more my style. I love the samples Shulamit sent and think I’m moving forward with it :mrgreen2:

Also, those of you with snow: send some chill my way! :lol-2: We’re already in the low 70s here, and it’s gross. Where’d winter go?? :oops2:

For fun, here are a few pictures of a sample 5-stone from IDJ. The band is much too big, but I really love the look. It’s a 2 ctw in 14k white gold, and my finger is a 4.75 for reference. I also swiped my husband’s wedding band for a minute to see how the 5-stone looked stacked against yellow gold.

753CD272-CDB7-4FB6-9A0B-6E45532742A3.jpeg C272DD5A-D28C-4EEE-B32D-44796935FB36.jpeg CC829E54-51B0-4C22-BE75-1EB5FE76A065.jpeg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@Hayley87 awwww...you killed me with that band. The second item I really want, well, after my cushion earrings which will cost me an arm and a leg unless I become inventive and do something less expensive, is a 5 stone band. Thing is I really want the cushion earrings to be big, I am terrible. Ideally I would like minimum 2 carats per ear, dangle with a 20 point round and then pave on top. But I think this size is just not going to happen even if I go lower on saturation. I am willing to get U-V-s to go bigger but even then. Sigh. I may just get half carat yellows and halo them, undecided yet. Wait longer or get them soon but get smaller. Then again might be worth the wait and get at least close to a carat per ear. Unfortunately, I have almost no earlobes, so studs do not work for me because they do not fit anything big enough, so dangles it is. But really small earrings do not look good on me because my neck is very long.

I am dying for a yellow cushion 5 stone. We shall see, this project could be more affordable than the earrings but I just have so many rings that I have to keep choosing and recycling some.

I used to be a one ring person like @missy but I love too many rings too much. I think I would prefer to reduce to one ring per each hand. I really think one ring overall that is big enough with a presence looks best or max one per each hand. I never liked that "ringed up" look but I simply cannot choose. I reason and make the excuse that this way people see more of what I make so I wear four total now, only four because my index fingers are crooked and like sausages. Oh, well, at least I think I made them a nice match but my BF always says too that I should not wear so many at the same time.

@marcy I think made a great suggestion, I did not think about this but my mom also always tells me all these implants with metal are not good for people who have autoimmune tendencies, so you make a point there. Wonder if that is part of the problem @missy but dunno what you can do about that.

Sharon, I was bad bad. I did end up buying some overknees yesterday evening. I could not resist them. Those going up to my thighs in suede at least were not like boats on my legs and really looked nice. Ok hunt stopped officially now. When will I finally save?

@CJ2008 so happy that Mousey is ok. It is so hard not to help. I face this problem all the time when I see really sweet strays and no rescue is ever willing to help take them in. I cannot help all the time especially when I am not in my hometown, travel too much and my allergies are killing me. That is not the problem but I promised myself no to have cats again. They are my children but losing kittens is one thing, losing your adults you spent 14 years with kills me. I simply cannot handle it and the worries all the time about them. It got so bad at some point I decided that I have to protect myself. I will still help feed, strays and so on, then again I say one thing and we will see what happens at the end, if I can live my life without a cat. My last two Sapphie and Vinnie are now living with my mom. She lost all of hers and I decided that this way they will have the best life being pampered by two pensioners 24/7 but no day passes without me thinking and worrying about them. Especially Sapphie who would be 15 this summer. Whereever they are, I do not think I will ever get used to the idea of losing them eventually. Your children outlive you usually but if you feel your cats are your children and they do not, to me it was really way too hard. Sapphie and Vinnie were born with me and I hand fed them the first days of their lives, Vinnie always thought I was his mom. Sapphie is more attached to me today. I miss them tons but I can still visit them as much as I want.

@missy thanks so much for the well wishes. I think I said it too soon. Ruined tooth hurting but antibio finally helping. BF had every reason to be a little depressed, you know his illness which is ok now but a hard blow on him doubled with some existential problems thereafter but I am all the time working on making him feel better and I think it is working for now. We shall see. I have to be positive and I am much more so now. Slow season in my work does not help, I absolutely love what I do, it is my passion and I am feeling bored and uninspired now. How is your skin today?

Have a great day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy I feel Marty on the cleaning lady and what a hassle when she is there on a Saturday or any day we are home. It is an inconvenience and it is why I am late to having my cleaning person come. It's too cold to be out of the home for 6 plus hours lol. But yes thanks for the reminder and I will have to schedule her soon. Sorry about his insomnia last night. Good luck with the rest of your workweek and always sending you good thoughts for work relief. Speaking of which I am also keeping Marty in my thoughts for good luck re his work situation. Hoping everything works out well. Oh no to your snow. How much are you due to get this time? I am not sure about our forecast yet but I know Callie told me she is getting 10" this Friday so I sure hope it isn't coming our way. I hope winter is almost over for all of us- Fingers crossed. Which brings me to Sharon...

Sharon, oh no to all your cold and snow. Please do come to the states after your mom is completely healed and bring her too! I know it is warmer by LLJsmom and Jimmianne and a few of the other NIRDIs. And of course if you want to take your chances in NJ Junie is here and I am also more than happy to oblige if you feel like visiting NYC. Our weather varies and that's what I mean take your chances. Greg and I would love to have you visit.

HI:

Quick update: my Mom walked 30 m in physio yesterday! But her electrolyte's are out of balance and will stay in hospital another day. They are managing it and it is "correcting" itself. (she does take meds for hypertension)

cheers--Sharon

So GLAD your mom is doing well. :appl: What a huge relief for your family ad sending more healing vibes your mom's way. (((Hugs))).

CJ you are a sweetheart and a love and thank you! And woohoo for the letter being effective and I am pleased as punch (where did they get that expression from lol) it worked out exactly right for you and for hopefully future patients in that office. We could all use improvement none of us perfect and they should be grateful to you for showing them just where they needed to improve. If only everything was so straightforward. And kudos to you for having the strength of mind to go out of your comfort zone and let the doctor know. :appl:

Sunstorm yay! So glad you are feeling better! And I am so glad your bf is doing better thanks to your love and support. It's what we all need. Love and support and caring and compassion and well I could go on and on but I know you swim and I think the NIRDIs are all on the same page. Love is healing. Certainly emotionally and it can only help physically too. Hugs!
As for your Purim outfit is sounds gorgeous and have you tried SW boots? I forget what you told me about them but some styles fit skinny calves very well. I highly recommend them and there are lots of styles to choose from and I bet you can find the perfect style for you. And yummm to blue. Divine. Check out the Stuart Weitzman Blue Suede in 50/50 and also in other styles...they do have styles for thin calves.

Junie hey there, hope you're having a good week. (((Hugs))).

PierreBear how is your dh feeling today? How are you doing? What is new in cooking class? How's the weather by you?

Hayley woohoo!!! You go girl! So happy for you and your promotion:appl:. And what a ring. Bright and beautiful and ooh la la. Makes a beautifully visual impact on your lovely hands. Thanks for liking the video I posted on IG. I am hesitant to post more videos or any photos because I think it's sort of boring for most people. But maybe, I'll see. It's good to keep a record of it and maybe posting on IG will be just that record I need. Hmmm I didn't think of that before. I am also one of those people who love to go to open houses and I can never get enough of those House Hunter shows. We watch Island Hunters, Beach hunters, International House Hunters, Caribbean House Hunters. Bahamas Hunters, haha you get the picture. We watch all of them I think. So yeah bring it on.

So yesterday my discomfort was pretty strong re my left eyebrow and skin and it just appeared to be getting worse and I started feeling the other eyebrow area hurting me too. I waited till afternoon just to make sure it wasn't a transient exacerbation and messaged my dermatologist's assistant (I don't know what her exact title is...medical assistant?) with the facts and asked what David thought I should do. I saw she read the message and a few hours later the office manager called me and scheduled me to see David this Friday. He is away all next week so I am relieved they decided it was important enough for me to see him before he went away.

I am happy I will be seeing him before he goes way but still worried as obviously if this was something that was easily treatable with meds I would be OK by now. Some of you might remember this whole thing started in September/October and here we are in February. But I am keeping a positive attitude (or as HRH likes to say Cattitude) and relieved I am seeing David this Friday. I just hope he can give me an accurate diagnosis and come up with an effective treatment plan to at least stop the progression and provide me with some relief. It is a real conundrum that I cannot apply topical steroids and I am also fervently hoping it doesn't come down to that as a last resort ie the sores getting worse and having no choice but to calm down the inflammation because that would flare my POD and OMG that would be a real nightmare. Fingers crossed it all works out OK. I know he is trying and doing his best. I just hope his best is good enough.:pray:

So Tuesday the kitchen wood floors were stained and Wednesday was a drying day and today is a polyurethane day and tomorrow is a drying day and Saturday the floor guys are coming for the last 2 polyurethane coats. And next week hopefully countertops and island installation. That's the reno update for now.

Enjoy a lovely Thursday all and hugs.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hello NIRDI friends! Just a quick drop in today. Remember how I mentioned about throwing that Jeffersonian dinner? I thought of another topic and wanted to get your thoughts. One was about “love languages – what do you like to give and receive.” The other one that came to mind is for people to share their favorite quote/bible verse/anthem/motto etc…. They would share whatever their favorite quote is that may apply to their current season or even their life story. This way we might be able to learn about that person. I was thinking if I go that route, I can provide note cards and people can write it and memorize it or stick it to their mirror etc. Do ya’ll think this is a better topic than the other one? One of my managers at a different job actually printed out a whole bunch of quotes and asked each person to pick one. The one I picked said ‘If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you always got” by Mark Twain. I’ve kept it around 5 years later pinned at my new office. I never looked at it until I started thinking about this topic but still when I think through it, it still rings a lot of truth to me and I can see in areas in life why this message is meaningful to me. Anyhow, would love some input.

Ok hope everyone has a great day… tomorrow is Friday! Yippeee!

@Sunstorm – So nice to meet you as well. I jumped into the NIRDI thread this year too so it took me awhile to catch up with everyone’s story. Looking forward to learning about yours. What a kind friend of yours to give some TLC to your feet and nails. If I wasn’t so squeamish, I might let others touch my feet but I prefer to do my own nails. Besides, mine are all bruised up that it looks scary so it always stays painted with dark colors at the moment.

@canuk-gal – Glad that your mom is doing well and hopefully the electrolyte issue will be quick to resolve!

@CJ2008 – Yes yes! I am an android user (I have a Samsung galaxy S7 or something… out of date) though everyone else I know uses an iphone. I’m also a PC user if that tells you anything.

@marcy – Oohhh you made your raw veggies into a salad concoction. Can’t go wrong with ranch and cheese combo.

Sorry that Marty isn’t able to go to Denver. Do ya’ll try to be home for the cleaning lady and that’s why he can’t go? Sorry if I’m misunderstanding. We let the cleaners come when we aren’t home. It makes me nervous (not that they will take anything) but just with the lack of security with not setting the alarm etc on just that specific day. However, we have gotten used to the process. Hope ya’ll find something fun to do together if ya’ll stay in town.

@Haley87 – Thanks for the kind words and trust me I’m in awe of my DH as well. Your ring, hands, dress… everything looks amazing! We can be 5 stone ring twins. I have a 2 CT 5 stone ring but from BG and wear it on my RH. Love the look on you!

@missy – DH is coming home tonight so I’ll really get feedback. He’s recovering well and just has swollen legs/feet but all in all, pretty good! The weather over here keeps swinging back and forth. High in the 60s today but by this weekend the highs will be back in the 30s. Typical typical…. Cooking class will be all about potatoes. Hahaha… not that excited about potatoes but we will see. Can’t complain about doing something fun and getting to eat it!

I’m glad you you get to see your dermatologist before he is out of office. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!!!! Fingers crossed and much dust!!! Can’t wait to see the reno photos next week with the counter tops!!! You’ve worked so hard on picking those things out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB thanks again and I appreciate your support and love and right back at ya. I think that’s a good topic for your Jeffersonian party. But I stand by my original comments about that might only be successful with certain friends. But imo it’s worth going for it. I mean a good time will be enjoyed by everyone no matter what. Good food and good company and good topics. When are you planning this for? Hey safe trip back to Your DH. Glad he’s healing well.

CJ I realized I forgot to answer your request for a theme song. I’ll have to work on that but I’m the meantime I wrote a nirdi poem a while back and saved it so here it is again in case you missed it the first time around. It’s rough around the edges but the sentiment is there. :kiss:

Life is full of ups and downs, the good and bad
Happy times, sad times, and those that make you go mad
When things go awry all one can do is think
This too shall pass and it's just another kink

In the road that is life
Full of challenges and strife
But full of wondrous experiences too
Each day different some bright some blue
But always filled with change anew

The one thing we know we can count on
Is that if we wait things change yet again
For better or worse
Sometimes we feel we are about to burst
But when one is in the middle of a crap storm
Hold on stay strong and soon it will be a new morn

Wishing you more happiness and bright skies
May the lows be outweighed by the highs
Pushing out the darkness and storms
Leaving days sunny and bright with gentle breezes to keep you warm

Sending lots of love and hugs to all the NIRDIs
Who are always here for encouragement and support
Bringing warmth, caring and sharing happy bling bought
The NIRDIs make it all worthwhile allowing us to share stress
For sharing stress is stress cut in half and make it less of a mess
And sharing joy makes it truly overflowing and endless

Wishing happiness and health
Knowing we have friends we have wealth

and in the end that is what counts
having trusted companions there without a doubt
Unconditional love and trust
Living life with good friends is a must

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Life is about sharing the good and bad, with the good people, with the right people, with your friends and all special people in our lives. Like Missy said troubles shared are halved and joy shared is doubled, soon we end up all cheered up and it is so true. Fun, humor and honesty even about the bad, which is not in in this world, really do make all the difference, it lights up our way.

In life so many people are bitter, depressed, negative and malicious, keeping their unhappiness in and becoming more and more unhappy until there is no solution. And these very same people lash out at others, sometimes openly, sometimes by backstabbing, in turn they remain bitter and think they are strong. That is not strength to me, strength is on the inside and does not need to be manifested towards the outside by asserting power and control.

I love your motto Missy and keep going on. I want to hear about everyone here and that does include trials and tribulations. We do have the good too in our lives. More coming soon but these were just my thoughts now as a response.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, where do you usually buy SW boots? I think I have seen pix of you wearing them. I am thinking either go and visit you and try them ;-) or even until then I can perhaps look online and check if they carry them over here. I have seen you wearing over knees as well. I measured my legs in case I need to look online. :bigsmile: I want me some really really cool boots that actually fit me too. Sorry to ask but have you measured yours like ankles, knees, etc, before getting them? I wonder if they list those sizes.

@PierreBear I really want to hear your story too! I am sure you have told it hear and I missed all of it. Mine, well, I guess I could write a few books about my life :-o but until then we can share the bits here but you are welcome to ask any questions. What can I say in short? I love, love, love bling and diamonds, it is my passion, so I changed my career from it being just a hobby and now I can do what I truly love. Unfortunately, I love them for myself just as much as making them for others but I think this way I have the best of both worlds. I am a bit of a shopaholic, well, maybe more than a bit, I love travelling and travel a lot. Had my share of not so little hardships in life and I try to make the best of my life and enjoy it, looking at the bright side.

I love sharing everything here with the NIRDIs, I love PS, the NIRDIs are amazing people. I feel fortunate to have met everyone, you know missy how special I feel you are and that I am seriously planning a trip to see you.

Great day to you girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, where do you usually buy SW boots? I think I have seen pix of you wearing them. I am thinking either go and visit you and try them ;-) or even until then I can perhaps look online and check if they carry them over here. I have seen you wearing over knees as well. I measured my legs in case I need to look online. :bigsmile: I want me some really really cool boots that actually fit me too. Sorry to ask but have you measured yours like ankles, knees, etc, before getting them? I wonder if they list those sizes.

@PierreBear I really want to hear your story too! I am sure you have told it hear and I missed all of it. Mine, well, I guess I could write a few books about my life :-o but until then we can share the bits here but you are welcome to ask any questions. What can I say in short? I love, love, love bling and diamonds, it is my passion, so I changed my career from it being just a hobby and now I can do what I truly love. Unfortunately, I love them for myself just as much as making them for others but I think this way I have the best of both worlds. I am a bit of a shopaholic, well, maybe more than a bit, I love travelling and travel a lot. Had my share of not so little hardships in life and I try to make the best of my life and enjoy it, looking at the bright side.

I love sharing everything here with the NIRDIs, I love PS, the NIRDIs are amazing people. I feel fortunate to have met everyone, you know missy how special I feel you are and that I am seriously planning a trip to see you.

Great day to you girls!

Sunstorm my pleasure to take the measurements for you but fair warning I don't know if I am talking them correctly. OK best I could measure just now my calves are about 12.25 inches and my knees about 13" and ankles about 8.5" but that is a rough measurement. The boots have stretch in them so it is best to try them on in the stores and see what you think. They fit many different leg sizes IMO. There are Stuart Weitzman stores all over NYC and online you can also order and ship and return for free I believe. Other stores sell them online as well. Neiman Marcus etc. And yes when you visit we will go shopping! Don't have to ask me twice.:cheeky::appl:

The SW Lowland OTK boot.

stuartweitzmanlowland.jpg

The 5050 in blue suede

stuartweitzmanbluesuede.jpg

HTH! Off for a while to run an errand but if you have any questions I will be back.:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We had a good flight home, we ate in the lounge restaurant so we could get our jammies on and get to sleep as soon as we could. I slept for a couple of hours so didn’t feel too bad. The Gods were with us yesterday, got off the plane quickly, straight down to immigration and for once, the self scan recognised me :lol: Our cases were amongst the first few on the carousel, so we were out of the airport and the car park bus pulled up immediately.

We got home, unpacked, showered and changed and set off to pick Dottie up. She was pleased to see us, but Anne’s dogs were excited and licked and kissed us :mrgreen2:

As soon as we got home, I rang for an appointment for her for a bath and brush, and they could do it an hour later.

We stayed up til our normal bed time, so I managed to sleep reasonably well. Did a mega shop today, so we’re all stocked up again.

Hope your Mum is painfree and continuing to do well @canuk-gal it’s remarkable she’s already up and about.

WOW @PierreBear your DH did amazingly well, no wonder he’s still achy and sore. I’m sure there’s 101 things you can do with a potato, it’ll be fun experimenting. Any news on your ring? Haha, I try not to look like a dummy in photos or too posed.

Red cardinals are such cheery little birds @junebug17 I’ve only ever seen them in Bermuda, it must be lovely having them visit.

Congratulations on the successful interview and job offer @Hayley87 The ring is :love: and sits really well on your hand, it’s the perfect fusion between ER and WR.

Phooey to having to wait in for the cleaning lady and it putting a crimp in your w/e plans @marcy . Would it be too late to go after she’s been?

Enjoy your pampering session this w/e @Sunstorm I hope it helps you relax and wind down.

Did you get your chores done @Jimmianne ? Sounds like a lot of work for you.

Glad you got an appt for tomorrow @missy, everything crossed that David has answers for you. It’s just so frustrating for you to not have a definitive diagnosis or a course of treatment you know will work :(

Your words are so true, without someone to share our lives, the good and the bad, the ups and the downs, we having nothing, things are just objects we can live without, but not love.

Thank you for your kind words re: the photos, everywhere we went the seas were an amazing colour.

I’ll leave you with one last photo of where the Caribbean meets the Atlantic in St Kitts

62576243-0A35-41D5-9E29-BE318A0F4AB9.jpeg

Nearly the weekend :appl:

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome home @Austina! So glad you had such a wonderful trip and yay for being reunited with sweet Dottie! I know it feels good to be home after a great vacation. Love all your photos and hearing about your lovely trip. And you are so right. The seas are just so vibrant a blue and so beautiful in all your photos. I can only imagine how much more beautiful everything was IRL.
Rest and relax and welcome home.:appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy wow those look purrfect!!! They should fit as I knew you had very nice, thin legs. I am similar, only my ankles are a bit smaller, around 8 and my calves close to 13 (hey those I can exercise to get some muscle on lol), knees 13.5- 14, I was sweating this because it depends on where and how I measure and I tried a bit loser but being that we have quite similar circumference I do not think max. half an inch difference less or more here and there should be a problem. I really want them!

I was just talking to my cousin who works for airlines about tickets to NCY ;-). Then we will have to go boot hunting too, oh momma.

Welcome back @Austina! Hope you had an amazing time and hope that you can relax a bit at home, flying always makes me very tired. I am sure that your Dottie is so happy to be with you home!

I am heading to bed girls, tomorrow working, then the pampering weekend things. Yeah my friend is a pro working at a salon but I feel better at her home with hygiene, etc, love doing this. My nails are actually not painted with normal polish, I always get gel lack on them which last me roughly two weeks. Love it! Hands are important when we want to wear rings right? :bigsmile: Not that mine are perfect.

Have a great day girls!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - I'm very behind, I apologize if I miss something but I'm just going to jump back in -

Missy, so sorry your eyebrow is worsening, I'm glad you have an appointment and I hope something can be done to at least make you more comfortable. Love your poem, so beautiful. The support from this thread has certainly helped me through some rough times. Sounds like work on the floors is progressing pretty well. I think it snowed here a little during the night but it warmed up and poured all day. I'll take that over snow lol. Your friend's trip sounds wonderful, although I know you'll miss her.

Austina, planting berry bushes for the birds is a great idea. I did see a chipmunk snacking away today. Hopefully it's ok for chipmunks to eat bird seed. Welcome home! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful, such gorgeous scenery. Thank you for posting them. And those desserts look amazing! You are lovely, and you and Colin are a great looking couple.

PB, it's great your dh made it through such a grueling race, and I'm sure it helped him to have your support. I hope he's recovering and feeling ok. I really like your new ideas, I'm kind of shy and might feel a little self-conscious talking about love in general, but I'd be fine contributing to the two topics you mentioned.

Jimmianne, hope you made out ok getting your chores done. I know it's hard to get started, feeling a similar way myself these days. Nice you were able to spend some time with dd before her trip.

Marcy, love the pics of the bird feeders - the one with the squirrel sitting on the thing that's supposed to keep him out is hysterical! The snow is so pretty too. I can see where having the cleaning woman come on a Saturday is inconvenient but it doesn't sound like there are any other options at this point. Yes, golf season will solve that problem lol! No snow here, just a lot of rain yesterday.

Sunstorm, sorry you are still not feeling great and I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you were able to find boots you like, it's hard to find ones that are flattering sometimes. I understand your dilemma of getting small earrings now or waiting - it's hard to wait sometimes! I think the smaller earrings would look lovely on you though. Enjoy your weekend of pampering, you deserve it!

CJ, my car will be ready at the end of April, looking forward to getting it!

Sharon, I would love to have you for a visit! Although the weather here in NJ isn't all that great right now lol - how about we head to South Carolina? :P2 I'll take you on a tour of Charleston! I'm keeping your mother in my thoughts and I hope she's feeling ok.

Hayley, congratulations on your job offer! That is fantastic, sounds like a great opportunity and the improved commute will definitely make life easier. The sample ring looks gorgeous on you! You have beautiful hands. A 5 stone ring is a great choice for an engagement/wedding ring. I hope you go for it!

Not too much going on with me - dh has been away all week, and the poor guy hasn't ben feeling well - upset stomach and just feeling lousy. He'll probably want to take it easy this weekend.

Have a great day tomorrow! xox

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Thanks Sharon. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed but I am hopeful today that things will get better. How is your mom doing today?

Hayley, we like to go to open houses too just to get ideas. Congratulations on getting an offer today; it sounds like a great opportunity for you. How exciting. I’ll pack up some of our wind and snow and send your way. That 5 stone band is gorgeous and looks terrific with a gold band.

Hi Scandi, are you going to the mountains again this weekend?

Sunstorm, a 5 cushion band would be gorgeous. I have to admit I’d be very weary of any implants. I am glad your BF is doing better; it sounds like you two have been good for each other.

Missy, do you just schedule your cleaning lady when you want her to come or is it a regular schedule? Thank you for the good thoughts for Marty; we’ll both take them. I think they are saying about 3-5 inches between Friday night in to Saturday. At least the inch or so we’ve gotten every night this week has melted. Definitely stay in from the cold and snow. I totally enjoy your pictures and videos on the reno. When our house was being built I took pictures daily and posted them on FB frequently. It’s fun to show the progress. I am so sorry you are so uncomfortable; good luck with David tomorrow. Big hugs to you. Thank you for the great NIRDI poem and words of wisdom. The support of all of the NIRDI’s has helped me through many trying times.

PierreBear, I like the quote you picked and I think that is a fun idea to use sometime at your dinner. I made both of us one of my raw veggies concoction tonight; Marty seemed to like it. He is tired of salad and chicken. Marty is hesitant to give the cleaning lady a key. I wouldn’t mind letting them in and having them lock up when they leave but to lock our front door you have to use a key from the outside. I also wouldn’t not be happy our security system isn’t armed. We could give her our code to the garage but we aren’t thrilled with that idea either. I bet your DH is still a bit sore; but a good sore, right? I’ll be anxious to hear what kind of things you made from potatoes in class.

Callie, stay safe and warm from all of that snow.

Austina, you did have good luck on your trip home. I bet Dottie was so happy to see you but it’s nice she enjoys her dog-sitter. St Kitts is gorgeous; love your photo.

Junebug, rain does sound so much nicer than snow. The squirrel stories brought back some good memories. My parents had a little chalk board in their kitchen at their cabin - I wrote on it “Squirrels 83, Wally 0”. They never erased that. Oh no that your DH isn’t feeling well. That’s miserable to be on the road and sick. Hopefully he feels better and can relax this weekend.

Things look better to me tonight. I got to talk to my employee and she had all the right answers so I didn’t give her an ultimatum about being written up. She intended to finish that project after lunch that day and then got sick at lunch. I think overall the new task rotation is working well for my team this week so I am hopeful that will continue.

Also Marty is making changes about his gym. He is giving up the place he rents at the end of the month. He contacted the company he paid to get certified with last spring to see about taking his written test for them. It was a timed course so I bet they make him pay again but he is motivated to finish now. He talked to a local gym today who said if he is certified he can train people at their gym. They would give Marty a free membership; he can work with his clients (who have to join the gym) and Marty would pay the gym a percentage. Also since they get people asking for trainers they would refer them to Marty. I was a good wife and didn’t point out all of this is what I told him to do a year ago. He is downstairs studying that book right now. He is taking a CPR class in 2 weeks when he needs as well. He seems to be a little less stressed tonight. Now if only his day job was secure.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Friday!

Junie I am with you. Rain beats snow. And Spring beats winter. And NIRDIs beat everyone else. Haha just kidding. Not really.:cheeky:

Yes my friend let me know she arrived in Spain safely and that before we know it she will be back. For her maybe because she is the one on the adventure. But I am already missing her but very glad she got to return to Spain for this trip. She had a tough few years but all through it she was and is brave and strong and my role model. Hard to believe we have been friends since I moved here in 1992. Sometimes it feels that time goes by before the blink of an eye. Thanks for enjoying all my reno photos and videos.

Any weekend plans? Looks like Saturday will be a relatively nice day (in the 50s) at least compared to Sunday.
I'm sorry your dh isn't feeling well and I hope he is feeling much better this AM. Sending him healing vibes and good thoughts.

So exciting that your new car will be ready in 2 months woohoo!

Sunstorm I am glad I was able to help and yes that is on the list no worries. Boot shopping and bling shopping of course.:halo:
How are you feeling today? Your pampering weekend sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Marcy great news that Marty is giving up the space and going to work as a PT as a free agent. Wishing you guys much luck with that endeavor.
You are a very good wife and I might have been tempted to say harrumph to him because you knew best from the beginning. But never mind. Men can be slow learners and all that matters is that they eventually learn from us the right way to do things.:sun:

3-5 inches this weekend doesn't sound so bad. We are getting a bit of snow tonight but nothing major at all hopefully and lots of rain by Sunday. I am with Junie and I will take rain over snow. Thank you for watching my videos and looking at all the photos and all your kind comments.

I schedule my cleaning person when Greg starts getting adamant that she needs to come haha. I really hate having her come because it is such a disruption and also at this juncture I have so many products all over my bathroom and before she comes I must straighten up and put everything away. So yeah it really is when Greg gets to be a nudge asking me to please schedule her. If it were up to him we would have her come every week. Umm no thank you. I do vacuum in between and believe me the place isn't dirty but Greg likes it very clean. Men.

Sharon how is your mom feeling? How is her PT going? Sending more good thoughts and healing dust her way.

Austina how is it being home? Dottie must be out of her mind happy you guys are back. Hope you had a good night's sleep and feeling rested and happy to be home. Any bling updates? Cannot wait for you to get your new bling.:appl:

CJ do you have any weekend plans? Hope your week is going well.

PierreBear LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Scandi how are you doing? Any surgical updates? What are your weekend plans? More skiing? Thinking of you.

LLJsmom so happy you are finally feeling more like your old self. Man that takes a huge toll. Hope your busy season is going smoothly.

Rainwood sending you a big hello and lots of good thoughts. Hope all is well by you.

So the new dermatologist called me last night and turns out my TPO (thyroid peroxidase) enzymes are high. She wants me to see an endocrinologist because it most likely means I have autoimmune thyroid disease. Hashimotos is an possibility or something similar with low thyroid. When I was a teenager I saw an endocrinologist and I was found to be hypothyroid and put on synthroid. My internist took me off that med a couple of years later. Don't remember the details though. So there is a good chance since TPO is highly accurate and specific that I have an autoimmune thyroid disease. Bad news is it has nothing to do with my skin issue under the eyebrow. She ordered the TPO because of hair loss. I am very certain the hair loss of the eyebrow is due to skin inflammation however so this is an added finding that I wish I didn't have since it has nothing to do with the original problem I saw her about.

I am seeing David in a few hours later this AM and yes I am nervous. My skin under my eyebrow has pustules and is so red and still no relief. And now this thyroid problem. Not looking forward to the trip in nor the visit but hoping he can help me find relief. Thank goodness for Greg. He is my rock and is always by my side. And thank you girls who have also been there by my side on my side rooting for me. I see who my true friends are online and off and my heart goes out to each and everyone of you with love and gratitude. Hugs and have a good Friday.:wavey:

Last edited:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nirdis,

Super quick fly by - hoping to have time this weekend to catch up on everyones 100 mile runs and health stuff and fabulous vacations and pets and renovations and, of course, the doings of the bears, Marcy. You guys are way too prolific to keep up with!

Missy - I have been living (very well) with Hahsimotos/hypothyroidism for nearly 25 years and have lots and lots of thoughts and advice if you're interested. And despite what the doctors might be telling you, I would also put money on it that if you have Hashimotos and/or are hypothyroid, the eyebrow thing *is* related. Rooting for you to have some good news!

Back soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis,

Super quick fly by - hoping to have time this weekend to catch up on everyones 100 mile runs and health stuff and fabulous vacations and pets and renovations and, of course, the doings of the bears, Marcy. You guys are way too prolific to keep up with!

Missy - I have been living (very well) with Hahsimotos/hypothyroidism for nearly 25 years and have lots and lots of thoughts and advice if you're interested. And despite what the doctors might be telling you, I would also put money on it that if you have Hashimotos and/or are hypothyroid, the eyebrow thing *is* related. Rooting for you to have some good news!

Back soon.

Aww Jaaron, I am so glad you are doing well with living with Hashimoto's and thank you so much for sharing this with me. And yes, I appreciate your kind offer and I would love to talk with you about this when I know more about my specific diagnosis.

Hope all is well with you and your family!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good thoughts to you today Missy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results