Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great CJ.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!

Happy Tuesday! Or so I hope, lol.

Jimmianne, I have never tried Skecher, but I always get blisters, so maybe I should try them! I like how they look! How can a girl possibly say no to a bit of bling?? Btw, we will be going to Verona in a few months (spring time), have you ever been there on your French travels? LOL I do know that it is not in France, but it is not so far away either. I have never been there, but wanted to book a romantic trip, so what could be better than the city known for Romeo and Juliet?

Missy, fantastic pictures from the Philharmonic! I hate rain in the winter, hope your weather was not as bad as the forecast. You really must come visit us during summer and not now in the winter, it is a bit chilly outside. Had to wear two layers of wool for skiing this weekend. Brrrrr….. You really are living the big city life, LOL, I met a total of 4 people and 1 dog during my weekend adventures. Guessing you see more people before you make it from your apartment to the street, LOL.

Austina, I have been google’ing the places you visit. And I’m drooling. Period. LOL. And that is such a nice picture of you! Well, I don’t know you, so maybe a bad picture of you, LOL, but still a really really nice one! Alas, I too love shopping on holiday if I find something I like. Just something about enjoying life, and then it is so hard to say “no” when you want something!

CJ, that lady was just weird, forget her. How did your doctor appointment go? Hope everything was well. How is Mousey?

Sharon, of course you can come! As long as that last bottle is for me, LOL. I guess your winter is colder than mine. It is lovely here now. Beautiful post card kind of snow. I’m not sure if I would love cruising either, might be too many people for me. But I would like to try once, I have never tired.

Marcy, the snow here is just the way it should be right now. Amazingly enough. I love snow! But not icy roads… urgh. We didn’t go to the Mountains this weekend because the weather forecast was storm and horrible driving conditions. How did the baking go? And a picture of your scarf please? You have been really good to do the Valentine shopping already! Bunny cookies! I’m really just fine and OK, thank you for asking though! Still no appointment, but that is just because it is not urgent. That is how the system works. If I have any problems/pain, I will get surgery immediately. But I don’t. So I try to wait patiently because I know that otherwise I just bump someone out of line that needs the help more than me. So I just ignore it, and have started training again, though not with weights. That will have to wait. I love the way you handle your employees!!

I have started making a baby blanket for a friend of mine. They are having the baby in summer, so plenty of time thankfully, LOL. I will try to get it done quickly though before I lose interest in the whole crochet thing. That blue colour is just amazing.

June, toys for Zoe sounds nice. What does she like to play with? Mine only understands one game… running and searching for birds, lol. I felt so bad for mine for Christmas, I had just got them new jackets (for when it is really cold) and they hate jackets, so they were just like “where is my treats, momy…???” big sad eyes. Needles to say, the grandparents had the best presents for them too, so they got to be the super popular grandparents also for the dogs, LOL.

PB, no, have not used the tub yet. But hoping that it will be magnificent, lol. It needs to be properly installed first, and I’m going to have a very low “wall” around it so that I can fill the space around the tub with white marble pebbles. Looked cool in a picture I found, but we shall see. I would love to visit Taiwan once, have never been there. Hoping for pictures from your trip when you go! Oh and please please please pictures from Yellowstone! On my bucket list!

CJ, thank you! That is too kind of you! I do love cross country skiing, and especially with my dogs! They make the trip more fun! LOL to picture, though a little scary.

I've been at the hairdresser this morning. My hair is so short now, I'm starting to hyperventilate. We went to see the movie "Jiumanji" with the children last weekend, and I loved the hair on "Ruby" so I wanted the same. Not sure it looks the same on me though.... Thankfully, I only did the cut and not the colour.... LOL

ruby-roundhouse.jpg

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I am sleepy this AM and will try coming back later to write more if there is more to write that is lol. Supposed to head into the city and check something out today. It snowed overnight and it's not bad here at all but not sure about the person who was planning on joining me today so we shall see.

PB hugs and I am always here for you. Hope your week is going well. Yes it is snow boot weather here again this morning oh well. Yummm to cheese...please share with us how it turned out. Would love photos too. I will live vicariously through you and your cheese dish because it doesn't agree with me but I LOVE the taste of cheese. And speaking of loving the taste that brings me to Marcy and her COOKIES.

Haha Marcy you crack me up and yay to winning that darn rabbit haha. Cookies yummy! Speaking of tease those cookies do a pretty good job at teasing us too so I will say one word. Diamonds. :bigsmile:

CJ I'll send one photo I got yesterday re start of cabinet installation. Nothing too exciting and not sure how much snow we got at the beach so plans for the week might change. The one word I have now is Winter. Grrrrrr. OK that was 2 words. Haha.

OMG to those photos. :lol: No kitties were harmed in the making of those photos I know!

Scandi what a fantastic cut...I love it and I bet you look gorgeous! But then again you could be bald and be beautiful so not hard for the hairdresser to make you look good! Love the snow photos and haha yes I do like having action around though personally I like my space quiet. I am an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum wrapped up in a riddle or something like that. Hmmm summer...yes looking forward to it and not being freezing. Any updates re your surgery? How are you feeling? (((HUGS))).

Junie big (((HUGS))). Did you get much snow by you today? Stay warm and dry.

OK have a wonderful morning girls. If there is anything to update you with I surely will but right now I am uncertain about how the day will shape up. See y'all later.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach this morning. Love our security cameras.

9E36B197-C672-4536-B0CE-4A2C8247D4B0.png

34345514-2F81-445E-9E89-C6769FB4F018.jpeg

P

PierreBear

Hi Ladies! Cheese class yesterday was a blast. We made fresh mozzarella, which I personally wouldn’t do at home again but it was fun. We also baked brie. It came out so pretty… all you do is get brie and cut off the wax. Wrap it in puff pastry and add pretty designs if you want. Then seal the edges really good so you don’t get a cheese blow out. Do an egg wash and bake until golden brown. We also topped it with different things like fig/prosciutto/caramelized onions/apples/jam…. Still not used to going to bed so late though. *yawwnnnn* but glad to make the most of the Monday night. Sweet DH stayed up with me and prepared my packed lunch and breakfast for the next day. What a role reversal since I’m usually the preparer of everything. I usually add too much honey to my breakfast though. Hahaha… Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@Jimmianne – Kudos to your friend making lasagna out of ravioli. Did you get to be a taste tester by chance? Yum!

@CJ2008 – The chef and I spent some time yesterday discussing ideas for the project. I wanted to reinvest green chili stew (with hominy instead of potatoes). One of the ideas we came up with is putting the “stew” or the flavors into an empanada. So it would have a pastry on the outside but be filled with something unexpected on the inside. The other idea was to reconstruct it and since hominy is corn based, I could make polenta and grill up pork tenderloin and then do a green chili type sauce. Both sound fun but I think I’m intimidated by the empanada leaking and might go safe and do the other one. Still in the beginning stages but will keep you posted!

LOL those cats…. I bet they loved the feeling of being wrapped up in a “cuddle hug”

@marcy – Well using a scarf on chilly days means that it’s 40 degrees in the morning and then 65 degrees for the high… and I’m just walking from my car to the building. Haha I’m not that tough and wouldn’t be able to survive in other colder weather.

YUM cookies!

@Scandinavian – Well that tub will look fantastic with the marble pebbles. I think I understand the look you are going for except you will be relaxed when you use it that your eyes will be closed!

I like the length of the hair… it doesn’t look too short! I think short is chin length, which I could never pull off. I would look like a little kid. Haha… I bet you look beautiful!

@missy – Dear kind friend… thanks for all that you do for me! I love cheese as well… and that’s really all I ate for dinner yesterday. Whoops… oh and some grapes and figs. : ) Balance of healthiness right?

P

PierreBear

Baked Brie on our cheese board

20180129_203415.jpg

The other ones we took it off the mirror to cut into and taste. Yum!
20180129_203948.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear yummmmm :lickout: and thanks for your kind words and hugs. And you’re right. It’s all about maintaining a balance. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there everyone!

Missy, hmm, your trip to the city sounds intriguing :twisted2: Maybe there is some bling involved? :P2 Hopefully things worked out and your friend was able to go with you. Once the weather warms up a bit I would love to meet up in the city! Oooh very pretty pics of the snow at the beach. We only got a very light dusting here and it's gone now.

Scandi, what a beautiful pic, gorgeous scenery :love: The dogs look like they're having fun. Putting rocks around the tub will be amazing! Love the hairstyle, I'm sure you look fabulous. Good for you for being adventurous and trying something new. Lol to buying your furbabies not being very excited by their practical coats! Just like when kids get clothes for Christmas ha. Your doggies were probably very happy to be spoiled by their grandparents lol. Zoe likes chasing balls around and unfortuntately that involves me rolling them around for her, which gets old after a while :roll2:

Marcy, Marty's Valentine's gift sounds perfect, good idea. Lol to making Marty think about bugs! I'm with you, riding up on the gondola and taking pics sounds just about right to me, I'm not very coordinated these days and with my luck I'd probably fall off the darn tube. Sounds like your two employees might need to get their acts together pretty quickly, and I don't blame you a bit for being amused! Love the pic of the rabbit, looks like he has mixed feelings about those cookies haha.

PB, deep cleaning is not much fun but it does feel great to have everything neat and clean! Yum to making something with cheese, love cheese! I'm glad your friend seems to be doing ok. My father was in general poor health but nothing life threatening so it was a shock - just passed away in his sleep. Oh I wish we lived closer too! I would love to take a class with you. Thanks for the suggestion about the community classes, I hadn't thought of that and I'll definitely look into it. Exciting that you have a trip to Yellowstone planned! I was there a few years ago and it is such an amazing and beautiful place.

Jimmianne, I'm glad to hear you and your friends weren't affected by the flooding. I'm with you on looking forward to Spring, can't wait for warmer weather.

CJ, lol to that pic! Yeah, I was a bad furmommy but hopefully these toys will make up for it, they both involve treats lol. And I got the bird feeder to entertain her as well, hopefully looking at birds will give her something to do.

Austina, shopping sounds like the perfect way to pass the time while on board! Yay for getting new stuff lol.

Dreary and cold here today, having a hard time getting motivated but what else is new ha. Have a couple of errands so might as well get to it. Have a good one!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow PB, that baked brie looks SO good! :lickout:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Phooey, the Internet won’t let me upload photos :(

We’ve arrived in Grenada, the Spice island. It’s hot and humid, so frizz city on the hair front.

We went into town and got a taxi with some other people and did a tour of the island. Of course had to buy some spices :lol:

Your plans for the bathtub sound great @Scandanavian, and I think the new ‘do’ will suit you very well. Our dog sitter has said Dottie has been singing to them, maybe she secretly sings opera when we’re not home, she is Italian after all :lol:

Sorry it’s so cold and dreary @junebug17 I feel mean gloating in the sunshine, but someone has to do it, so I’ll take one for Team NIRDI :mrgreen2: I’m afraid I’ve been bad again and bought a lovely pair of Maui Jim sunglasses :oops:

Although I’m not a fan of Brie, your baked cheeses look very professional @PierreBear , it sounds like the new course will be fun and challenging. Where in Taiwan will you be visiting? We visited on a cruise a few years ago.

Sounds like things are going to get interesting on the work front @marcy, it’ll be good for the higher ups to realise who’s doing all the work and who’s not pulling their weight. Sounds like a plan to go and enjoy the scenery with none of the risk next time Marty goes snow tubing. Having seen several documentaries about hotels and bed bugs, I always wonder if there’s anything lurking beneath the sheets :shock:

Hi @CJ2008 I’m glad you’ve put that silly woman out of your mind.

Love the snowy photos from BeachCam @missy, how’s the work progressing? Boo to more snow, I hope your plans weren’t disrupted by it today. Is there bling on the horizon? :mrgreen2:

We sail tonight for St Vincent, another port we haven’t been to before, so just sone overnight sailing for a few days. It was really rough yesterday, but we were ok, thank goodness.

:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, please gloat. You know, you are there for all of us!!
I looking forward to hearing your impressions of St.Vincent.
Enjoy!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie it was more of a dusting here too and it wasn't bad at all weather wise (though it was chilly) and there was no snow on the streets or sidewalks...just grass and trees. Yes to meeting in the city whenever you are up for it. I am looking forward to seeing you!

Austina bling is always on the horizon :cheeky:but at the moment I am not in love with anything new. So happy you are having a fun trip but sorry that PS is being glitchy re the photos. I am sorry the seas were a bit rough but glad you got through it OK and I hope your sail to St Vincent is smoother going.

Speaking of bling here you go...always thinking of the NIRDIs and sharing some photos from yesterday. Hope you enjoy.

It's a 5.27 Tiffany OEC KVS1. It is very pretty but I prefer Bea's facet pattern and profile. But it is a very lovely stone. Really lovely.

5.27kjpg.jpg

Here you can see the K vs the L tint difference.

profilesbeaandtiffany.jpg

profilebeaand5.27kjpg.jpg

beaand5.27kvs.jpg

These photos
don't do the OECs justice but didn't want to leave you girls empty handed so to speak...diamonds for everyone and no to empty hands.
8)

Speaking of lovely a big shout out to a very lovely and sweet PSer @PintoBean who not only joined me for a wonderful diamond outing yesterday but brought lots of gifts and who doesn't love gifts? The kitties went crazy for all the toys she brought them and they all send more purrs and love and hugs to their Auntie PB. And I don't know if everyone realizes how talented Pinto is...look what she wonderful surprise she made for me. In my favorite color of Blues... It's gorgeous! :love:
singyafghan.jpg

And the kitties love it too.:lol:

bobbyonsingyafghan.jpg

We also looked at other diamonds elsewhere and one that really got us was this 9 carat heart at IDJ. OMG. Already sold to a lucky man for his wife for Valentine's Day. That is some Valentine's Day gift don't you agree?

heartdiamondandbracelet.jpg

For perspective next to my hand. The diamond is huge. My photos don't do it justice.

heartdiamond.jpeg

Also checked out pears and emeralds. For me it will be OEC all the way. I just prefer the faceting and liveliness as well as organized facets of an OEC compared to other cuts for my main ER that is. Variety is the spice of life after all so why not enjoy as many cuts as you can. As long as we stay with the same partner who cares how many diamonds we enjoy?
:devil::halo:

pearvsbea.jpg

For @LLJsmom I checked out emerald cuts for you. Nothing I fell in love with but according to Yekutiel what we would love would be over 100K so LOL what can I say. We have good taste. In any case here is the "affordable" emerald cut I took a photo of for you.

emeraldvsbea.jpg

That's all from yesterday's diamond adventures. Thanks for allowing me to share with you guys and I hope you enjoyed it.

Yesterday a lot was going on and dealing with the reno was challenging because of so many (careless and stupid) errors. Today Greg went to the beach house for meeting with the cabinet installer and was supposed to meet with the template guy forth island placement but an "emergency" came up and the marble/granite people had to reschedule. But not after making an oops mistake and saying we owed them an up charge which was completely bogus. Took a few hours but the matter was straightened out but it was aggravating nonetheless. I am going to say something that might seem unkind but it is the truth. The people involved in our job are either dishonest or stupid or just don't care or a combination of those factors. Greg constantly has to stay on top of everything with this project at the beach house. And I mean everything. We hired a GC to manage the small stuff so Greg wouldn't have to micromanage since he has a very full schedule with work and teaching etc. But they have been a disappointment and it is all falling onto Greg to make sure even the little things go right. This isn't our first time at the reno rodeo (3rd renovation and the first 2 were gut renos of the whole home and those went so smoothly compared to this one) but it is surely our least well managed one due to the GC and his wife. All we care about is the end result is good but we have a lot to say on this that is for sure. ::)

I also ordered a new macbook air as mine is not holding a charge. We are also getting a new battery to see if that helps but my macbook is almost (according to Greg because I have no memory of how old it is) 5 years old. I feel like I just got this one but OK time flies lol. So picking that up Thursday. I think I am going to need a new iPhone soon as well because that is acting up and I had a hard time sending photos so I could download them but hopefully I don't need to get a new iPhone as I hate getting new computer stuff. Always a learning curve. Even with transferring everything. There's always a glitch and always changes.

That's it for my update today. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and have a good Wednesday girls and enjoy! :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hello and first apologies that those pictures of the baked cheeses were life sized…. There are worse things to see enlarged I suppose! Well, I think I might have mentioned it before but not directly but I’m picking up a part time job in the near future. Unusual the way it came about and there isn’t a need for additional money but more about career stability since the longevity of my current company isn’t certain. It is starting to get a bit more real since we nailed down dates for training, booked flights, booked hotels…. I’m excited but a bit nervous how it will all fit together with current life. I know this is a good opportunity to pursue so I’m going to stay positive and not be anxious. Speaking of being anxious, my primary thoughts keep going out to DH….who is running a 100 mile race this weekend. I have been training to just pace him and need to do 21 miles. Ummmm I hope I’m ready too! We are slowly getting gear packed up and meals prepped etc. Wish him luck and hopefully the weather will be good for running. Alright ladies, ya’ll have a great day!

@junebug17 – Your father passing away in his sleep seems like the most natural way of leaving this earthly world. I’m glad it was quick but since it was a shock, I guess there just wasn’t much time to “mentally prepare” if one can ever be ready for such things. Sorry again for your loss…. I know time has passed but it doesn’t make it easier.

Good luck looking into community classes. It was a pain to sign up and register to be a student. What… you want all of my college transcripts?! Quite the ordeal but it has been worth it in terms of life experience and meeting wonderful people.

@Austina – Ohhh Spice island. Enjoy! My mom currently lives in Taipai so we will always make a trip there. We usually don’t do much sight-seeing since the intent is to spend time with my mom. We sure do eat well though when we are there. What did you get to experience when you did a cruise there? I didn’t even know people would cruise over there!

Can’t wait to see more of your cruise photos! Have you met any other cruise friends?

@missy – Wow… Tiffany OEC? I haven’t heard of such things before. Are those shields or baguettes as the accent stone? Beautiful but glad that Bea’s facet/profile can’t be beat!

Ahh glad you had fun with @PintoBean! Beautiful creation. Your pose makes me think of you as a beautiful butterfly, spreading her wings, about to take off!

Wow, what a gift for valentines day… I can only imagine what the lucky lady gets for big anniversary dates!!! Can we be friends mystery lady and share bling?!

Ahhh so sorry to hear about the reno issues but glad it was straightened out. Poor Greg but kudos to him on managing all that going on!

@LLJsmom – Are you getting the itch to switch from OECs to emerald cuts?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - the diamonds, the kitty, the throw!

Sounds like you guys had such a great day <3

Love it all <3

(Be back later)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, that is Romantic to schedule a trip to Verona. I chuckled at the “crowds” you run in to on your weekend adventures. I don’t handle being in crowds well at all; it’s foreign to me. Glad your snow is just perfect. I love how it looks but I’m not a fan of old or ice. I put up my scarf until the split in my thumb heals. I have a bandage on it now but then that sticks to the yarn. I get splits in my fingers from dry skin. I should finish it soon; I am very close. Glad to hear you are doing okay and I hope they get your surgery scheduled soon. Have fun crocheting that baby blanket. I bet your shorter hair looks fabulous. I always do that take in a picture of someone’s hair I really like and it never turns out the same.

Missy, your cupboards are looking awesome. I figured you were either looking at diamonds or sapphires. You and PB sure saw some gorgeous diamonds. I so agree that Tiffany OEC doesn’t compare to Bea. It is still very pretty. What are the specs on the EC diamond? I love the heart diamond. Wow. How nice of PB to make you an afghan and to bring the sweet kitties some toys. Great pictures of the icy world at your beach house. Sorry your reno is requiring some much attention to make sure things are going right. Grr to them trying to get more money out of you. When they were building our house we came by every day and luckily found several things they were doing wrong before they got too far along. Good deal you have a new MacBook Air on the way.

PierreBear, I am glad your cheese class was a blast and your project looks fabulous and delicious. We had baked Brie on NYE and it was so good. Our friends brought strawberries and candied nuts to go with it. LOL on scarfs. I dig them out to wear under coast when it’s zero or below. I do keep one at work though because work is always cold. I hope your part time job works out well for you. Good luck to both you and your DH this weekend. 100 miles. Wow! Thanks for mentioning transcripts; that will curb my desire to sign up for a class. Ha Ha.

Junebug, I might suggest we go ride up a gondola (it better be enclosed ha ha) in the summer. I am sure I’d find a way to come up bruised and banged up. I’m a klutz. Maybe I should just serve the rabbit some of the bear cookies. Ha Ha. Sorry your weather is so dreary.

Austina, boo to frizzy hair but you’ll like those fresh spices. That is cute Dottie is singing to her sitter. It’s not nice to brag but yes I am glad some of the NIRDI’s are enjoying nice weather. Ooh to new Maui Jim’s. I worry about bed bugs coming home with Marty; especially when he was traveling to places in Africa. My SIL was in the hospital and her husband and daughter ended up getting bed bugs from the couch in her room and took them home. It was a nightmare to get rid of them. Ever since that story I am always weary of such things.

Jimmianne, are you still snowy there?

CJ, how are you today?

I got up at 5:30 to watch the lunar eclipse. We had heavy, low clouds so I went back to bed. Then since I was still awake at 6; I looked again. I could see the eclipsed moon through a hole in the clouds. I put on shoes and a coat over my pj’s and ventured out to try and get a picture. I got 3. One distant shot is okay; the 2 close ups are awful. The one would pass as a great photo of Mars though because all the clouds look like the dark markings on Mars. I got in my car and drove around trying to see if I could find a break in the clouds but no dice.
I came home and took a shower then went to have coffee break with my dad's buddies. It was nice to catch up with them.
From there I went to pay Marty's gym rent but we are good through February and his contract is up at the end of February so I didn't pay for March yet. It was like I was psycho that maybe he won’t renew (see job info below).
After that I went to the cemetery. Today is the 4th anniversary of my dad's death.
I stopped to get gas and groceries and then went out to lunch.
Also one of my "great" employees broke an automated system and of course none of them knew how or why or what to do to fix it. So I was dealing with that most of the morning. Since I was in my email I found an email from someone at corporate telling me I broke something in the new test bed they want me to use. That really ticks me off - no one gives me any support or information, just tell me to go test my apps in a new environment and something breaks so naturally they are mad I screwed it up? That's why I had wine with lunch.
I decided I've had enough of that stupid "what wind?" so I'm home for the day. We are having sustained 40-50 mph winds today; I don’t even want to know how high they are gusting.
Marty's department was sold to another company yesterday. The new company owns 51% and his current company owns 49%. The story I found online says the employees will move over but who knows what that means? The transition with be in the 3rd quarter. I'm trying not to freak out. Really, I'm trying.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for buying that Tiffany ring for me Missy! Did you express ship it overnight to me? Thank SO much!:mrgreen2: And your gifts from PB are lovely. What a treat!

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, how can you be so ungrateful.

On top of Missy getting you the beautiful ring as a surprise you ALSO want it overnighted?

Missy, it is clear to me that I, being the more tactful NIRDI, deserve the ring instead.

:bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Sharon and CJ I already got a tracking number on that Tiffany ring. Thanks Missy. :lol:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:angryfire:

It was the cookies wasn't it. You bribed her with cookies.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

On top of Missy getting you the beautiful ring as a surprise you ALSO want it overnighted?

Missy, it is clear to me that I, being the more tactful NIRDI, deserve the ring instead.

Fugettaboutit sista! Mine all mine because Missy tole me she like me best. There.:P2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Sharon and CJ I already got a tracking number on that Tiffany ring. Thanks Missy. :lol:

Nopes. But good try Marcy. :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was the cookies. Such a deal for me. :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How strange is this? 2 clouds this morning that look alike.
Clouds.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Or lunch or something! Such a lot to do today, because I want to leave after lunch tomorrow to go home and pack up skiing things tomorrow - staying at a mountain cabin this weekend with all the four little ones. Can't wait to see how T does out there in the snow and if he can find any birds!
Missy, I want to be super rich and go shopping with you in the weekends! Such nice bling! But I love Bea best too. Love the gift from PB.
Marcy, I'm really sorry about everything. Not a nice day for you yesterday. Hoping today is better.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Marcy.

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Marty's company. I hope it turns out to not be anything that causes any disruption for you and Marty, other than perhaps even better things. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I am really hoping.

Getting blamed for the app thing would tick anyone off. Are you going to say anything, or is it pointless to?

Glad you went home early. I hope you got at least a little bit of quiet and peaceful time I am sure you had your dad on your mind a lot yesterday.

Hugs.

Don't have a lot of time right now but wanted to also to let you guys know I finally got the letter out in the mail for the radiologist where I got that mammogram and Ultrasound. I'm so glad it's on its way. I'm also drafting some questions about my results, but I wanted that letter to reach him first. Thank you missy for asking me about the letter because it prompted me work through all I wanted to say and finally get it out there.

I'll be back to respond to everyone better.

Hugs everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy February 1st and Happy Groundhog's Eve!
So now my Safari browser (is that the right word browser lol ) isnt working right so I just went to Firefox. Luckily I remembered my password because I just stay signed in on Safari with PS. ANyhoo let's see if it lets me post because emojis arent workinn for me on Firefox...

Marcy sweetheart I am so sorry yesterday was a challenging and sad day. Sending you lots of good thoughts and gentle hugs. Also sending you and Marty buckets of good luck dust for his job situation. THat is scary I know and hoping it all works out. (((HUGS))). I have a photo GIA cert on the emerald cut and will text it to you. IIRC it is over 4 carats. (Let me know if you want me to put it on hold for you)...

CJ I am so glad you got the letter out and hope it is making you feel better about things. I am sorry you are dealing with this and hopefully sending the letter is the beginning of getting the issue resolved. Good going! (((Hugs))).

PB wow 100 miles OMG good luck to your dh! And hope everything went smoothly yesterday...I am very anxious to know the final results. THinking of you and sending good luck vibes your way. And OMG thank you for letting me share all my kitchen thoughts with you yesterday lol. You are an angel. And so helpful and a big thank you to you!

Scandi hugs and have fun skiing again this weekend! YAY!

And LOL thank you all for such a good hearty laugh when I woke up this AM and read this thread. I sure needed that this AM and My goodness gracious...

audreyhepburngracious.jpg

HI:

Thank you for buying that Tiffany ring for me Missy! Did you express ship it overnight to me? Thank SO much!:mrgreen2: And your gifts from PB are lovely. What a treat!

cheers--Sharon

You're very welcome dear Sharon! Of course I over-nighted it right to you..didn't you receive it already? I hope you like it and I had it wrapped especially pretty for you. And I added a necklace to keep you warm on those cold snowy winter days and nights. Hope you like it!
  • :kiss:

tiffany.jpeg

sapphirediamondnecklace.gif

No worries CJ! You know I wouldn't forget you!

tiffanygiftwrap.jpg

Haha you know I would never forget you either Marcy! And I added a few gifts for the teddy bears (and killer bunnies or they would take it out on the teddy bears so I didnt forget them!) Oh and thank you for the cookies...yummm
  • :lickout:

tiffanygifts.jpg

And for all my sweet loving supportive funny smart NIRDIs...this is for you
(in case the giphy isn't behaving as I am not sure PS supports this the box is opening and lots and lots of hearts are coming out from me to you XOXO)

tiffanylove.gif

diamondtwirling.gif

So yesterday and today is proving to be a stressful day. Even my sweet dh is stressed to the max. I am worried about him but know he will be OK. He is board president and well there has been an ongoing issue for which there is no solution and he is taking it to heart because he wants to fix it for the shareholders who are affected but he can't. He is doing all he can do but he is only human and some issues cannot be resolved but it is a bad situation and he has been working tirelessly on it to no avail. Plus work plus the kitchen reno plus teaching plus me and my health issues and I am worried for him. So just sharing and hoping it all works out and somehow things will get resolved for the best.

Have a wonderful day girls!
And one promise I am making is if I hit the money jackpot where money no longer is an issue (must remind myself to play the lottery!) I will buy Tiffany gifts (diamonds of course!) for all the sweet and supportive loving NIRDIs! Promise!
Love you girls.

audreyhepburnsunglassesgiphy.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy , it is a 5.05 emerald diamond! Sent you the GIA.:whistle:

P

PierreBear

Good morning ladies! I made my first French onion soup and tried it in the instapot. @Austina hope I made you proud though I’ll say that I’m still not a fan of the instapot. It’s intended to be an end all be all device in that you can slow cook, pressure cook, sautee etc all in one device. You are supposed to put butter in and sautee and caramelize the onions as the first step. However, just the nature of the shape of the pot, you can’t really do that as 3 sliced onions stacked on top of each other would steam more than sautee. Unless you try to do it in batches….but if you do that then you might as well get the pot out. Anyhow, I just followed the recipe though I don’t think it conceptually made sense and didn’t get the onions caramelize. It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great and more like a can of progresso. Melted cheese always helps! I’m still hoping for the instapot to win me over though so I won’t give up yet but it hasn’t blown me away. Anyhow, enough talk about food. I talk about that way too much! Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@marcy – wowww… tough lady. You only wear scarfs when it’s 0 or below. When it’s below 60, bring out the scarfs!!

I’m glad you got to spend some good one on one time commemorating your father. I hope you were feeling at peace and though thought of some good memories with him.

Sorry to hear about Marty’s department being sold off. Hoping and crossing my fingers that it could be a good change. How does Marty feel about it?

@canuk-gal – hahaha funny gal. After you get the Tiffany ring, can I borrow it to wear for a wedding I’m attending? Haha : )

@CJ2008 – LOL…. I just read your comment after Sharon’s comment…. Then it was Marcy’s playful banter. What a good start to the day!

@missy – Happy to help in any way. Sorry to hear about Greg being stressed though but know that he is capable and hard working so it will be the best situation it can be for everyone. Hang in there and look forward to the days when the reno is done and ya’ll can relax!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results