shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you JadeSilver and springerspaniel!

Just got in after our first snow of the season walk and took a few photos for you. It's so pretty in the city during a snowfall.

firstsnowbrooklyndecember2017.jpg

snowbrooklyndecember2017.jpg

gritty city photo...love the cyclist navigating the streets in this weather. We are a hardy bunch.

brooklynsnowdec2017.jpeg

brooklynstreetssnowdecember2017.jpg

and adding one last photo from the security camera at the beach of what's doing there right now...not too much snow at all.

beachsnowdecember2017.jpg

It's still snowing but not much is sticking on the streets.
Glad to be home and warming up now. Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy and enjoying a lazy Saturday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Austina, I knew they had snow in Texas. My niece’s cousin lives in Austin and posted a picture of her snow covered car on FB with a caption “so confused”. I told her it looked familiar to me. I definitely check out all the unique and peachy sapphires every time I am in Denver. Ooh shiny. Your taxi story about snow in Texas doesn’t surprise me. My BIL from Colorado was transferred to Richardson, TX for a few years and they had about 1/2 inch of snow one time and my BIL was the only one who showed up at work. I hope you had a lovely walk on the beach.

Missy, you’ll start getting those later sunrises a few minutes at a time next month. Time goes by fast. The bundled up emoji looks like me on my way to work. I had a purple room as a kid too; I went through purple and pink phases but mostly blue has been my favorite color. I was hoping you found a break on your meds. My dental hygienist told me about an app called Rx that checks around for the best price on your meds and it has coupons sometime. I might look in to it for my eye drops. I would say the wind by the shore is pretty similar to what we get on the plains; it’s chilly too. What a lovely surprise to find the closets you were going to declutter already done. BONUS! Did you take the closet in the exercise room? My worst closet is the back guest room. That’s my close my eyes and show closet. Greg was certainly busy yesterday. Love all of your emoticons; I know the thread they are from but it used to be way easier to copy and paste them. I like your backsplash tiles. They look great and go well with the white quartz. Beautiful snow pictures.

CJ, that is a pleasant surprise to find something you like better and cheaper. Always a plus. Sorry to hear your conversation took a turn in an unpleasant direction. Hope it went better than you think.

Jimmianne, glad to hear you got some snow. I really like that setting you got. Good choice. I can’t wait to see it set with Mildred. I am in the solitaire camp for a fabulous diamond; it’s all about the beautiful diamond then. That’s great to hear the magnesium tabs helped you sleep; I’ll mention that to my insomniac husband.

PierreBear, I like that your neighbors notified you of snow; I know it’s a rare occurrence there so I am sure people get excited about it. I have the same problem with our Amazon and Pay pal accounts. Marty gets all the emails. I tell him to ignore the email when he gets it. I put carrots and celery in my soup and sometimes potatoes.

We unexpectedly slept in until 8:30 today. I had a hair cut appointment at 9 am so got dressed and left. Marty brought up all the Christmas decorating stuff while I was gone and we got the tree put up when I got home. He put my new Snoopy decoration outside but we wonder if it will hold up in our wind here. I am working on laundry since we are going to my company’s holiday party tonight.

I like my new phone so far.
Have a great weekend.

IMG_7580.JPG

IMG_9172.JPG

Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a happy camper. I got my Christmas lights up!!!!!! Every year, it's a debate. I love having lights, but we always used to do it together. All three of the other corners have lights up, so I decided I should just suck it up and do it. It's not raining, it's not too cold, and it only takes a couple of hours. I've had to figure out a pattern that both works with the electrical problem outside (fence guys damaged it a couple of years ago) and minimal ladder time (I tend to fall off). Done and working. Plus, done is better than perfect.

Now I have to decide if I want to put up a tree. I'll be gone this year so if I put one up, it will just be for me. I did get a few new ornaments and some new ribbons so the tree would have a different look than before. Maybe that's a good thing. I'll add one of my favorite old ornaments for inspiration.

DSC_0156.jpg

Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yikes, that looks like the mouse that ate Christmas! Not sure why it came out huge.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone! I’ve missed some things so I’m going to just jump back in -

Missy, I’m really glad the gas was fixed sooner than expected, yay. I love your pictures of the snow, beautiful. I especially like the second one, I think you should print it out and frame it. The backsplash tiles look beautiful and are going to look amazing with the counters and cabinets. Can’t wait to see it all finished. Greg definitely had a busy day yesterday and I hope you are both enjoying the weekend.

Austina, so glad the testing caught those pre-cancerous cells and that you are healthy and doing well. Such a nice story about your friend finding happiness and love after having a rough life. Hope you enjoyed your last walk on the beach and lunch with your friends (and the dogs lol).

PB, I’m so glad you did well on your final exam, congrats! It is very impressive that you were able to make a Swiss roll cake without a recipe, you are very talented. Very happy the party was a success and that everyone had such a good time. Thanks for the review on the heater, I agree that it sounds like space heaters would work just as well, if not better. It’s too bad your dh found out about his gift but I’m sure he’ll like it anyway! My husband and I have separate accounts, I guess we just signed up individually and it never occurred to us to have a joint one.

Rainwood, great job getting the lights up and I’ll bet they look really pretty. Love the expression “Done is better than perfect”. It just might become my new mantra lol. Your mouse ornament is adorable.

Marcy, a peach colored sapphire sounds really pretty. I would love to get a pink gemstone ring some day. And a green one lol. Glad you are happy with your new phone so far. Good luck with the appraisals, I hope you can finish them up soon. So nice that Marty put out the Chistmas decorations. They’re really cute and look very festive. I hope you had a great time at the company party.

Hi Sharon, you sound busy, good luck with getting everything done - and enjoy your parties!

CJ, sorry you had an awkward conversation and felt misunderstood, that is a very unsettling feeling. It’s great you found less expensive things that you like better, always nice when that happens. Hope you had a lovely time with your friend.

Jimmianne, sorry you now need glasses but it will be nice to be able to see more clearly. It’s great you are finding that the magnesium is helping you sleep and that you’re feeling more rested. Makes such a difference and I hope it continues for you. Love the setting you’ve chosen for your asscher and looking forward to seeing it. The wide gold band sounds lovely. Sounds like you are all set for the snow and I hope you had a relaxing day.

We had a little snow here in NJ today so I just stayed in and did some things around the house. We did venture out for a bite to eat and I had shrimp tacos, which were very good. Not much planned for tomorrow either, probably just laundry and hanging around with dh and ds.

Have a good Sunday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie sounds like a perfect day. Hanging out with your dh and ds especially on such a cold and icy morning. Enjoy and stay comfy and cozy. The gas in on here but the laundry room gas is still off as there was a leak in the pressure test and we are waiting for permits from the city to do the work. Ahh love how efficient things work all over lol. Mot importantly however our building has gas for the stoves and heat and hot water so the laundry can wait! Thanks for the photo love and I like that idea of blowing it up but I am not sure the quality is there to make it bigger. I will look at it more closely and see. Thanks Junie. Enjoy your family day!

Rainwood that is one large mouse and I love it. Good for you for putting up your lights and I agree. Perfect is the enemy of good (enough) and yay for completing the 4 corners. I am glad you are looking forward to your holiday plans and will be spending it with loved ones.

Marcy nice that you slept till 8:30 AM Saturday. That's how weekends should be. Sleeping in till you wake naturally and feeling rested and well. Sweet that you got your hair done all ready for the holiday work party last night. How did it go? Did you have fun? I hope your new Snoopy decoration holds up in the wind and I love the photos your new iPhone captured. I cannot wait to hear further thoughts from you re the new iPhone. I didn't get to the exercise room closet yet. It's huge and I have to build myself up mentally to tackle it lol. When I wake up now it's dark for so long and I guess I have another month of 2 of that darn those later sunrises. Oh well after another 2 weeks or so the days will start getting longer overall I believe so something to look forward to!

Unfortunately that toe nail that was giving me so many issues since my leg trauma in 2014 has started growing in again and is causing redness swelling and pain. Almost overnight so weird. You might remember the NJ podiatrist wasn't able to chemically cauterize it this summer because he felt it was infected but he did inject my toe with anesthetic and removed the entire offending side of the nail. But he did say it would grow back and we would have to take care of it when it did.

I soaked it yesterday and am soaking it now and I am remaining calm. It is red and swollen and well I think it is cut as well because when I soaked with Epsom salts yesterday it stung. So that is not good that there is an open wound there. I keep thinking if it gets infected my metal plates can be destroyed and I will be in the hospital again and perhaps they won't be able to repair the damage. My surgeon warned me that it's a mess in there and not to get those plates infected.

It's Sunday and tomorrow I cannot even beg for an appointment with the NJ shore podiatrist I like so much because Greg has a Molesafe appointment and that is more important as he missed his last body check. And we both have doctor appointments in the AM for retinal checks. So no changing those appointments but mainly no changing Greg's molesafe appointment. But I will call the Jersey Shore podiatry office and beg the office manager to put me in this week anytime after Monday. This podiatrist is always booked weeks in advance and I am just not sure how this is going to go. Plus he is a good 90 plus minutes away (2 hours with traffic) since we are in NY right now and not at the beach house but that is a minor inconvenience. I am just hoping hard he can see me Tuesday or Wednesday of this coming week. If not I have to start all over with a new podiatrist and I have no clue who is competent enough to do the toenail removal procedure.

Sorry I would love to have a day without something I am stressing about. Just cannot make this stuff up. Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend and
have a lovely Sunday girls!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you for sending your snow here @missy :lol: It’s coming down but not settling so far. It always looks so pretty when it’s fresh, not so much when it’s dirty and melting. The photos are great, I especially like 3rd one, it looks like a painting.

I hope seeing the splashback tiles has reassured you how great it’s going to look in situ, I think they were a great choice.

We were posting at the same time, I’m so sorry your toe is causing you stress again, I hope you can get an appt soon and get it seen too

Love all the Christmas Snoopys @marcy, they look great. Hope you had fun at the party last night.

Well done on getting your outside lights up @rainwood that’s quite an accomplishment. It’s not the putting up of the tree that I mind, it’s the putting it all away that I find such a chore. Your Mousey ornament is cute.

I don’t see many English women with big bling @Jimmianne, all of my friends have very modest ERs, I haven’t even shown them my new ring. My friend Sue, who’s getting married next year, probably has a 1-2 ct, but it’s hard to tell as she has tiny fingers. 2cts on me looks small because I have sausage paws :lol:

We’re having a quiet day too @junebug17 forced upon us because Dottie drank a lot of seawater yesterday and was ill today :(

Keep warm and safe everyone :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no poor sweet Dottie! Sending her buckets of healing dust for a quick recovery. Bad bad seawater grrrr. (((Hugs))) to Dottie.

And haha to sharing our snow with you... you’re most welcome Austina. Happy to spread the snow around to all my lovely friends. I agree with you that it’s prettiest when it first falls and not as much as the hours wear on and it gets dirty. Speaking of the cold cold weather guess what greg is now altering for me in time for the sub freezing temps? Haha yes you guessed it...my new blue leather jacket. You can see it’s navy color in this photo think :sun:

I think I might have to wait till it warms up but here’s a preview of me wearing it now in my nightgown and freshly soaked toe. :lol: Hey at least I have maintained my sense of (warped) humor. Right?:cheeky:

Alteration in progress.
51257A15-F958-433D-8393-6B5F26F0A5E0.jpeg

Yes I agree that snow pic does look like a painting. I love the red in some of the photos against the bleak black grey and white landscape of late autumn. It’s very painting like.

Enjoy this Sunday all.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy Sunday beautiful, caring, funny, smart and lovely NIRDIs! :wavey:

I totally agree on the fully and clearly missy. And both people have to be willing to LISTEN fully. Very hard to do, especially the longer you know a person and/or you have preconceived notions about a person or it's a sensitive issue, or there is a difference in "rank" (talking with someone that has some power over you for whatever reason.) Very difficult.

I am so sorry to hear that something happened that led you to feel the person thought you may have done something wrong. I hope you're able to find out what is going with this person and resolve it. I know for me, I'm very sensitive to tone of voice, someone's energy, etc. and there have been times when I felt someone may have been mad at me and I found out weeks later it had nothing to do with me. I still worry a lot and replay what they said or how the acted and analyze what I may have done to cause that, but I've gotten better at letting some time go by before asking, and seeing if it either resolves itself or if to see if by chance I find out it had nothing to do with me. In your case it seems a little more direct, and all you can do is let the person know you're there if they want to talk. I hope they come around and trust you with whatever it is. ((((HUGS))))

How did you do with your closets?

And as of Saturday the provider directory was STILL down. Unreal.

Love the tiles! Gorgeous. So glad this crossed off your list. I think it will look beautiful and can't wait to see it.

And love all the snowy pictures. Love seeing pictures of NY.

jimmianne - I am so sorry about your former best friend. There is nothing more unsettling to have someone act different and not being able to get things back to how they were. :blackeye: And I am more sorry that she wouldn't tell you what was wrong when you asked. :blackeye: But to be honest with you if I asked someone to tell me what was wrong and they refused to tell me I don't know that I would want them as a friend if they didn't have the kindness / courage / strength (whatever mix of things it would take) to tell me honestly what I've done. The only way I'd be able to accept that is if they say they could not talk about it right now and needed some time to process, etc. That I would respect and accept. But not "you should know what you did" - especially not with someone that I've had a long time relationship with.

I hear you on the Trump thing. I had the same feelings with a friend and I couldn't bring myself to tell her, so I distanced myself a bit. It wasn't hard since I don't talk to her all the time, but it was the way I felt about her inside. Had it been someone I had to see or deal with all the time I may have done something along the lines of what you did, if I felt I couldn't tell her for one reason or another. Just like your former friend above, sometimes we have our own reasons for not speaking up (and fearing someone might get aggressive counts as a valid objective reason, BTW). But eventually I think the kind thing to do is to let the person know how they hurt us, or even simply that we are processing some feelings and need some time. I don't know. All I know that I've always thought the kind thing to do is to be clear with people and not let them wonder for too long, or not drag them along.

And you're definitely not the only one some times having trouble sleeping. If my brain is going for any reason, I cannot sleep.

pierre no I don't share an account with DH. Most of our stuff is completely separate so it's not too hard to surprise him. Could you turn off the text notifications for just that one order?

Your grandma must have been so happy to get your letters every month.

Hi hotsuff :D I'm the opposite, I love the room cold and sleeping under blankets.

Thanks, yes, I had a really nice time at breakfast. I really love this girl. This is a breakfast place that closes at 2 P.M. and we are always one of the last people to leave. :bigsmile:

Please send hugs and kisses to Dottie I hope she feels better poor little girl.

marcy how did your haircut come out?

And thanks - yes, maybe the conversation went better than I perceived. Hopefully the other person cares as much about keeping a good relationship with me too.

And yes, I can't wait to return that stuff to Pottery Barn. :bigsmile: Been feeling lazy to do it since the closest one is like 30 minutes away and I hate shipping charges so I don't want to mail it back. arrggghhh

Oh, rainwood I am so happy to hear that you put up the Christmas lights <3

That mouse ornament is so cute. I hope it inspires you to put up the tree. :D

Hi Juney yes, it's so unsettling to feel misunderstood. And worse this person is not someone I can reach out to any time. So we'll see how things progress. Like I said to marcy, hopefully he cares about our relationship as much as I do and we'll be able to clear up any misunderstandings.

Laundry DH and DS sounds perfect! :appl: enjoy. My Sunday will be laundry, DFBs (dear fur babies lol) and TV (DH is not here today :blackeye:)

I had a wonderful time at breakfast thank you.

Hi everyone else! Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday!

Kisses and Hugs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, great ornament. That’s nice you got your lights up outside. It seems like more lights are up around here this year; i need to start taking different routes coming home so I can see the sights. I understand not wanting to put up a tree if you aren’t home on Christmas.

Junebug, I’ll vote for you to get a pink and peach gemstone ring someday. We have to color coordinate our jewelry, right? We did have a nice time at the holiday party. Marty disappeared for about an hour catching up with everyone he used to work with; he had fun. How much snow did you end up getting? The game in Buffalo today was sure snowy. Good idea to relax at home today.

Missy, I hate to hear about your toe flaring up again; I am hoping it’s not infected. I hope the podiatrist can get you in ASAP. Big hugs to you. Of all the things that could not be working I’d pick laundry too. Hopefully that gets fixed soon too. The party was a good time. We sat with some couples who we see socially occasionally so that was nice. Marty was popular so made the rounds talking to people. We came home about 9 mostly because the chairs were uncomfortable and we all decided we had enough. They had some singers / piano players for entertainment and they were pretty good. Your new leather jacket looks great.

Austina, oh no that Dottie is sick from drinking sea water. I hope she is better now. We did enjoy the party last night. It was fun to get out with a crowd.

CJ, my haircut came out good. My hair seems kind of straight for a few days then it perks back up. I have a lot of hair so it has body without doing anything. Woo hoo. That means I can sleep in longer in the morning. That is always my luck too; I need to return something and it’s too far away to be convenient. Darn. I hope you had a relaxing day.

I slept until 8:30 again. I wish that was starting a trend but tomorrow is back to the salt mines. Darn. We went out for breakfast, picked up my eye drops and drove around for a while. We got both of our new phones paired up with the car and truck. Marty left for the airport a while ago and I baked my first batch of Christmas cookies. I took a few more pictures of the house and the Christmas tree.

Have a fabulous evening!
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, you are to be commended for getting your lights up.
Have you decided against a tree? I think I may forgo one this year or maybe will end up running over to Target at the last minute. Where are you spending Christmas day?

Missy, I've enjoyed your snow photos. Very pretty...good shots!
You live in two beautiful areas and the snow is a romantic touch.

One of my little dogs seems to be in pain. He started panting yesterday afternoon, which he does sometimes when a storm is coming, but then it went on and on. I gave him half a baby aspirin and he got better, now he has awakened me at one am, so another half baby asprin. I’m calling the vet first thing. Ugh if only dogs could talk. Otherwise he is eating well, wagging his tail and animated, but obviously trying to communicate by being unusually clingy. He is 14 years old and weighs 5 pounds.
So now he is back alseep and i am wrapping presents and hanging out here!

Marcy, love your Snoopy-duper tree.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick good morning as we are leaving soon for the retinal specialist.

Marcy love your tree and all your Snoopy decorations and so glad you enjoyed the party.

Jimmianne oh no I hope your sweet dog recovers fully and whatever it is ailing him is nothing serious!
Yes snow is a romantic pretty touch and we are getting more snow this week. I would be happy if this is all the romantic snow we get for the rest of the next 12 months or so haha.

CJ so glad you had a wonderful time at the breakfast with your friend. hugs and more hugs to you.

Austina how is Dottie feeling today? Hope she is all recovered and feeling well. (((Hugs))).

I texted my podiatrist yesterday because my friend D who is a podiatrist who saw my toe pics told me to text him and I told him I was calling his office this AM and hoping to get in this Tuesday. He texted right back saying he will speak to his girls to get me in Tuesday. So fingers crossed and I was so impressed he texted me back even though I wrote I just wanted to give him a heads up about calling for an appointment as soon as I could get one. So fingers crossed I can get an appointment to see him tomorrow.

Hope all is well with everyone and have a good day girls!

P

PierreBear

We had a relaxing weekend and it involved some cooking and going to the new public library and trying a new restaurant! Made pork green chili stew for the first time. Perfect weather for it as well. I am a green chili newbie and had to look it up on google what type of chilis to use. There are so many green ones… google said to use poblanos and man were those hot. Two of those bad boys were enough. I roasted it over the stove top like the pros did after watching a you- tube video. Hahaha… I also made some beef jerky for my neighbor’s birthday. She loves that stuff and I’ll give the rest to other people for Christmas gifts. Speaking of gifts, I did wrap all the presents. Woo hoo! Also on the same lines of gifts, DH’s birthday is coming up right after Christmas. I wanted it to be a FULL SURPRISE but of course I couldn’t do it and was anxious about the planning so I gave in and told DH. One of our friends was kind enough to allow us to borrow her Porsche 911 sports car for a day and go for a joy ride. The birthday surprise is to pick up the car and drive into the hill country and go for a trail run. Maybe spend the night at a hotel/bed breakfast or just drive back.

Oh and I also found something fun to do on New Years. Going to try out a restaurant we haven’t been to before and booked reservations to try out their NY menu. It’s usually a la carte but it will be pre fixed, which we liked doing. No fuss about trying to figure out what’s their best meals to eat. Also, we usually skimp out and pass on the desserts but you don’t do that when it’s a fixed meal!

Ok that’s it for me today. Hope ya’ll are doing well. Take care!

@Austina – Getting excited about the cruise? When are you going again and where?

Oh man.. poor Dottie. Hope she is feeling better. How do you prevent a dog from drinking seawater?

@missy – Ah, I bet your grandma would love to have met Greg. She would be so impressed with his baking skills and fall in love with his charming personality. Who wouldn’t love a guy who takes such good care of his wife?

Nice tiles. A bit different from what you were going for before though per the pictures? I know it’s going to look beautiful though! I have a hard time visualizing too and wish I had a friend who could do photoshop. We didn’t do it for our project but perhaps you can take a photograph of the kitchen and then ask someone to photoshop in what it would look like with white counter tops and the backsplash? Just an idea!

Beautiful snow pictures!

@marcy – Awww your Christmas decorations look awesome!!! Very festive! Thanks for sharing!

@rainwood – woo hoo! Good job on getting the Christmas lights up. The Christmas mouse is adorable. Doesn’t look old at all. Unique and fun!

@junebug17 – Glad ya’ll got a bit of snow in NJ too. Yum to the shrimp tacos!

@CJ2008 – Good idea on turning off notifications. Though DH should just know that if he didn’t place an order to not look at it. Hahaha I don’t think he does it intentionally. Glad ya’ll have an easy system to do surprises!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you got a text back @missy, hopefully you’ve secured an appt for tomorrow. I hope everything was ok at the retinal scan today.

I slept downstairs with Dottie last night, (we have one of those inflatable mattresses), she definitely felt off colour as she didn’t pester for food, but slept all day. I heard her stir at 5.48am, so let her out. She just tinkled then came in, sat on the edge of her bed, and kept tapping me :lol:

I gave her some scrambled eggs for breakfast, as we had to go out. (Colin had an appt to have his ears vacuumed.) She was full of beans today, so obviously feeling well again.

The weather’s been foul today, sleeting and really cold, but at least no snow settling.

I’m glad the party went well @marcy, they can be a chore sometimes if one or other of you don’t know too many people there.

I saw this on FB today, so just had to copy and post for you. Isn’t it cute?:lol:

83F05754-D046-49F9-BECB-9AD32172BC82.jpeg

Oh no @Jimmianne I hope you managed to get a vet appointment and found out what’s causing your poor little doggies pain. Paws crossed it’s nothing serious. I hate to think of him suffering :(2

Anything with chillis in sounds good to me @PierreBear :mrgreen2: What a kind friend to lend you their car so you can have fun for DH’s bday.

We’re doing another Caribbean cruise in January, we like to get some sunshine and break up the winter. Can’t remember the ports offhand, but all new to us except for St Barts which we’ve been to several times before.

I’ve just made a lasagne, as I already had the meat sauce prepped and in the freezer, because I didn’t feel like cooking after virtually no sleep last night.

Sauna later and hopefully a good nights sleep.

Hope you’re all safe and warm :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, I’m glad Dottie is feeling better . It IS awful when they are sick.
Good idea about scrambled eggs. Since my “patient” is being picky, it may be a good snack.
He is a little guy; 14 years old and weighs about 5 pounds. The panting seems less frequent today. I hope it was indigestion. The idea of specialty vets and needles and scans makes me weary.
I hope both he and Dottie are fit and well soon and stay that way.

That’s quite a Snoopy snow sculpture ! Marcy, are you inspired to make one???

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I hope your little dog is doing better. Poor little guy. Too funny about about Snoopy duper tree; it is loaded with Snoopy ornaments and about a dozen of them aren’t on the tree. I’d love to be able to make something as nice as that Snoopy on his doghouse. If I tried that people would have to ask “what is that?” When is your ring going to be done?

Missy, I hope your retinal specialist exam went well. I noticed today while my overall distance vision is improved with both eyes that left eye is pretty much useless for close objects. I looked at my reports at work and that central blur makes it impossible to read anything. That is great you are getting in to the podiatrist tomorrow. Good luck!

PierreBear, yay for a relaxing weekend. It sounds like you planned a perfect day for your DH’s birthday. Sounds fun. Your New Year’s Eve plans sound great. We are going to do a game night with a few friends. I think.

Austina, glad to hear Dottie was feeling better today. Love the Snoopy snow sculpture. That is a lot of detail. Good idea to take a nice warm cruise during the bitter cold months. I’m chilly right now; I should crank on the fireplace. Lasagna sounds divine. Mm.

I have a friend who was diagnosed with a brain tumor over 2 years ago. Once they got in there they found it was malignant and inoperable; they removed some of the tumor but not much. She had debilitating repercussions from what they removed and was given a very short time to live because of the cancer. She has ongoing chemo treatments and she has done rehab and still needs constant care but she’s still hanging in there. Her husband sends the Christmas cards out now and I really liked what he said in his little note. He said “we are grateful for the time we still have together 2 years now after they said our time was limited. We prefer not to conform to their predictions”.

I got all of my appraisals submitted to my boss. Out of 5; 3 of them are done. The two I submitted today may require some adjustments on my part; I’m too lenient; my boss is too strict so we have to dicker over scores. I highlighted the things on their PA’s that I either gave them pluses for or minuses. He’ll think I scored things too lenient. One of my employees has been out after having a stroke and I can’t officially submit her PA until her self appraisal is pushed through to me on the 19th. I made a fake PA for her so my boss can preview it ahead of time. I am going on vacation on the 20th and don’t want to mess with it when I’m loafing around. After preparing for the family Christmas those few days will be more work than work.

I stopped and had supper a Perkins tonight. I brought home a piece of apple pie that is calling my name right now. I was too full to eat it after supper.

Can someone write my Christmas poem for me? Okaythanksgoodbye.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Dottie! Keep on the mend my girl!:saint:

Jimmianne, congestive heart failure? Poor little kiddo. If it's indigestion, I use sucralfate in suspension, you use a syringe to the prescribed level marked and empty syringe into the mouth. Relief is immediate.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kristie! How are you doing?

I got my Christmas poem rough draft typed up. I didn't have anything funny in it so I added that line that I planned on losing 20 pounds this year and I've only got 25 pounds to go. I'll proof it tomorrow, tweak it a bit and get my Christmas cards started. I swear. That is my project this week while Marty is in LA. I'd rather be baking cookies. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely have that in my arsenal. He is still doing better, thank goodness. I’m sorry you have reasons to know about dog medications. How are your furry children today? Have they made out their Christmas lists?:roll2:

Marcy, that’s a good one about the weight. I believe you are the most Christmas-y PSer here with your poems and your decorations and your !!!cookies!!!.
Your poor friend, what a poignant message.

My first BD present arrived, thanks to hathalove. I am now the new owner of her Sophia band. Yay. It is incredibly delicate...here with my already delicate cvb, which looks huge next to it & with my dear old snake.Lousy photos, lazy photographer.
59C1E483-D00E-4797-BE87-03D60ADCDB46.jpeg
CF40F991-9AF4-4E51-A4A7-E3AD47DAEF1C.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Hanukkah!

Thank you to those who checked in on me yesterday after the terror attack. Greg and I were in that vicinity at the time but thank goodness we had just left the area and were at the retinal specialist's office when the pipe bomb exploded and thank goodness no one but that terrorist was hurt badly.

Marcy yay for finishing the evals and hopefully not much tweaking is necessary. Cannot wait to get your Christmas poem. Yay for leftover apple pie to enjoy another day. Greg and I had a good retinal eval. Thanks for asking. LOL to wanting to lose 20lbs and only having 25lbs left. Hahahaha I love you Marcy.

PierreBear hello there and thank you my friend. Your NYE plans sound lovely. So glad you had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. (((Hugs))).

Austina hugs to Dottie. Love the snoopy snow sculpture. What fun another cruise in January. Something to look forward to during the dreary winter.

Hi Kristie. Hugs to Finn and Maggie.

Jimmianne nice band. More good wishes for your sweet dog. So sorry he is ill. :(

Off in a bit to the Jersey shore podiatrist since we have a 2 hour plus car ride each way. Just wanted to say a hearty good morning to all. And Hugs from me and the kitties to you and your fur babies.

hanukkahcats.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, hope all goes well today and you are back on your feet, literately.
Sorry you have such a long ride to the doctor!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0286.JPG Sick. Think I've got the flu. These are some pictures from last week.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0268.JPG
Couldn't find the chipmunk... LOL

P

PierreBear

Hello! Had a friend over for smores yesterday. Nice to not have to host with a dinner and just do something casual. Something about talking around a fire makes it more like an activity than just hanging out.

Is everyone done Christmas shopping? I ordered some photos at our local SAMS club and then realized they didn’t actually have a photo center and it will be shipped to the store. Think the photos I’m getting for grandma might come in the day before we travel. Close calls!

Tomorrow is my last day of class. Woo hoo! I’m excited to have some more time back. We are doing our project presentations, taking a written exam, and cleaning the kitchen. Not as stressful to me as it is baking something for a grade. I suppose the only downside is not having any sweet treats to bring home. OK well I better get on it…. Make some time for a quick review. Have a great day!

@Austina – Awww scrambled eggs for a puppy? She is a human fur baby! I’m glad she’s doing better.

Yum to your lasagna and way to go on pre-prepping for an easy meal.

@marcy – What do you like to play for game nights? I just dropped off a few games to goodwill or gave them away as I know we never play them. The ones we keep handy is Settlers of Catan, scrabble, bang, and warewolf (only play this one during camping).

Sorry to hear about your friend that had to fight through the struggles of a brain tumor but the Christmas card is a wonderful reminder about how to keep on fighting for the important things in life.

Is Perkins a local restaurant? Never heard of it!

@Jimmianne – Ohhh thanks for sharing your beautiful bands. What is that silver one on top with the clover and the French cuts? Ohhh it’s quite the beauty! Love the fun pairings you made and mixmatching the metals.

@missy – Hello kitties!

@Scandinavian – Booo I hope you didn’t get sick while on vacation. Or it happened afterwards? Beautiful pictures. Where is this?

Great job on your workout bod! Puts Jessica Alba to shame!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys just a quick check in to say hello

marcy i sleep in late too and my hair is flat as a board lol glad your haircut came out good. i say go and have a little bit of the apple pie :halo: what is the christmas poem for? yay on the appraisals.

missy hi francesca! hope the ride is not too bad missy and that your podiatrist exam goes well (glad to hear you and Greg were OK can you believe i didn't know about the attack :cry:

scandi pretty pictures! looking great

austina glad Dottie is a little bit better send her hugs

hi kristie!

pierre i got some christmas shopping done but as usual every year its the last few that bite me in the butt

jimmianne very pretty bands especially love the thin gold one

OK guys have a great day

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Dottie! Keep on the mend my girl!:saint:

Jimmianne, congestive heart failure? Poor little kiddo. If it's indigestion, I use surrogate in suspension, you ad

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, hope your little dog is better!?
Austina, what happened to Dottie?
Missy, how did the doctor appointment go?

Hugs to all. Virtual ones, so you're lucky. No germs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls! Thanks for your good wishes and thoughts.

Jimmianne thank you and I am back...the ride wasn't too bad. Took us a bit less than 2 hours going and about 2 hours returning. I will share pics for the not too sensitive but warning if you are squeamish please skip the pics below! How's your doggie doing?

Scandi love the photos! Sorry you are not well. Lots of healing vibes and hugs being sent your way.

Hi CJ and hugs! We are OK. It was more like the feeling of oh no not again but it did bring up the traumatic memories from 9/11 because I worked 2 blocks from where 9/11 happened and my building where I work was evacuated and well it was surreal and I remember it like it was yesterday. So the pipe bombing so close to where we were again brought some of those memories from 9/11 flooding back. And I had a premonition about 10 minutes before it happened. I said to Greg as we were walking out of the train station I feel like something bad is going to happen today. And BAM 10 minutes later the pipe bomb explosion happened right where we were.

PierreBear hello and good luck with your exams! Enjoy the last day of class. You have more to come next term. Hope you get some goodies to take home too!

OK so yes the nail is growing into my skin again causing potential infection issues and he had to remove it. The podiatrist unfortunately couldn't do the cauterization to prevent the nail from growing back and in my skin again. He was concerned because my circulation is so poor and when he did the same test David did he said I don't have good blood flow so he cannot cauterize it to prevent the nail from doing this again. He said I might not heal from the cautery burn.

Instead today he gave me the toe numbing injection again (painful) and again removed the offending nail all the way down to the nail bed. He said hopefully it will last another 5 months like the last time he did this and then in the summer when it is warmer he will do an old fashioned matrisectomy on the toe. Which involves removing the nail and part of the nail bed (yuck and double yuck) to prevent it from growing back. That involves stitches and it's pretty invasive so he wanted to wait till the weather gets warmer because of my bad circulation. He feels I will heal better when the weather is warmer so I get blood flow to the extremities. So here I go again. Not done yet. OMG but I am grateful he is conservative and not risking my safety.

OK so skip the rest if you don't want to see the gross photos.

Right after the big needle as we were waiting for the toe to numb.

toesurgeryabouttobegin.jpg

Right after he removed the offending part of the toe nail.
I don't like seeing blood.
toesurgery.jpg

and my dh waiting faithfully by my side and holding my hand during the injection.
(I told him to smile for the photo :kiss:)

gregbymysideduringtoesurgery.jpg

and lastly some pretty pics of the December sky as we were driving there.

decembersky.jpg

decembersky.jpeg

with the hazy low sun.
decemberskydrive.jpg

Have a good afternoon girls and I am glad to be home resting now. (((Hugs)))

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone--just a couple of check-ins today, and a big Hi to everyone on this snowy day in New England. About to go snowshoeing with the Two Amigos, Clyde and Ellie.

Oh, Missy, I am so glad the appointment is over and you can now rest and heal! (love the little blue toe ring, by the way!)

Austina--is Dottie doing better? I saw a gorgeous Spin the other day and thought of your sweetie.

Kristie--I am sending out good vibes for Finn (and Maggie too)

Scandi--if I had your body, I would be selfie-ing all over the place! You go girl.

Jimmianne--how is your little guy feeling today? Do you have an update?

The annual office party went well even though it was the first big snow of the year. DH had me hold off on thawing the shrimp and slicing the cheese (I avoided the word "cutting" for those of you like me that still like 7th grade boy humor) because he was certain no one was coming (he says it is an Irish thing.) We had a great turnout and it was probably the best party we have had yet.

Hi to everyone else and Happy Tuesday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results