carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne grrr I hear you on autocorrect. Typing from my phone on the go and omg everything takes much longer
Think you’re making the best decision re your asscher.
Thanks for the earring love.
Sorry about the cookies. But somethings gotta give as too much happening right now. Next time y’all visit me we will bake for you. Deal? Love the gift from your gentleman pen pal. Any possible romantic connection if the distance wasn’t a factor or is he strictly in the friend category?
Happy sunfunday. :sun: Love that word/term.

Marcy mmm chocolate cookies. Yummy. Good for getting a head start on gifts. And yay for your big gift being small and shiny. My favorite gifts are like that. I can’t believe Christmas and Hanukkah are almost here. Lol on the shower scare. I would not be amused. Must come up with a revenge plan. :devil: I agree with you. Most people aren’t as funny as they think they are. Me included I am sure. But hey I’d if don’t laugh at my jokes who will?:cool2:
Hope you enjoyed supper with join friends last night. What are your Sunday plans?

Austina hope you’re enjoying your weekend and can’t wait to hear how the Spinone event went. Sounds like so much fun.

We most likely found our backsplash yesterday but I’m having some doubts. I’m not good at visualizing things so that’s my struggle.
But what we are probably going with is a 3” by 6” marble tile backsplash. We have about 80-100sq feet of backsplash area. I’m just not sure it will be light enough (I don’t want dark grey but white grey) and I’m not confident the size of the tile (3 by 6”) is the perfect size for our backsplash. So many details and I just don’t know the “best” choice. Again because I’m not good at visualizing stuff.

Have a Sunfunday (credit to Jimmianne) and see y’all tomorrow :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies.

I will try and remember everything I’ve read :shock:

:D @CJ2008 if only those were real diamond ornaments I might be tempted to put up a tree this year!

Any takers for sweet little Mousey yet?

We have been to France a few times @Jimmianne but not for a few years. You’re always more than welcome to visit us (as long as you bring Mildred for a visit :lol: ). That was a thoughtful gift from your pen pal, sweet of him to think of you.

@missy do any of these tile places have software that they could show you the tiles in situ to give you some idea what they would look like on a large area? I do agree that it’s often difficult to look at a few tiles and imagine what they’d look like between kitchen units and against counters. The CADS we had for our kitchen were so lifelike that it made it so easy to make decisions.

It’s great you have a good relationship with your FIL @PierreBear Colin’s parents were more the age my grandparents would’ve been, so I really didn’t have much in common with them.

Hope you had a great evening with your friends @marcy. You’re going to have to think of something fiendish to get him back and making you scream!

Wouldn’t that be a coincidence if you ended up in Austin too @Calliecake ?
I would say that I don’t think it’s typically Texan (in a good way :D) and of course you’d know 2 other NIRDIs there.

A big wave to all the other lovely NIRDIs I’ve missed, but Ive got to dash, must eat then have my weekly Skype session with my Texan friend.

Bye for now :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys!

@missy lol the diamond ornaments AND Tommy might be just what broke the camel's back (<<<wow that is a horrible saying isn't it I never realized it before.)

Yes, the redecoration has been going less annoying than usual. I have SUCH a hard time finding things I like. But surprisingly, the cushions just worked (although I have two more on the way that I had ordered before I found these). Well, I shouldn't say just worked. Took a few buys/returns. And I still want to find a small mint green one for a dash of color. <<< that will be annoying I bet, to find the right size, the right green, the right look. The frames worked too - took me a few retries and returns and rebuys to get the colors and arrangement like I wanted but compared to how it usually goes, I'm happy. :) The area rug for under a small table is proving to be more challenging but I have two on the way and will keep looking until I find one I like. I have to do this quick before the inspiration and motivation goes away because the next surge might not happen until 2029 lol

Our leather couch is destroyed. Looks horrible. I put some pretty throws over it so that makes it less noticeable but we need to replace the couches. Totally our fault. We let the girl cat play on it like it's her own jungle. :/ I like the attitude that every 5 years you just replace all of it so why not do the color scheme that you want. Next couch we get though we will be more diligent about preventing kitty abuse. :/

Speaking of redecorating, could you ask Greg if he knows where I could get Bamboo - 1/2 inch thick, a 4 x 8 piece, specifically. I found some places online but the shipping is like double the cost of the actual lumber. Was thinking that since Greg works with many different materials he might be able to direct me to some ideas. Thanks Greg! :wavey:

I vow to make my mammo/US/MRI appointment this week. Well, first, I have to look up to see how long ago it was. << feel very lazy about this for some reason. Will you do it this week too? (or did you already make the appointment I forget.)

Mousey is just beautiful Missy. I am so so glad that I listened to my instincts. This girl is so sweet. Every day she feels more comfortable, I can move faster around her, I can even sweep the floor with a handheld brush very close to her, I can tower over her to put down her food, all these things I was not able to do before. AND - she has been allowing me to briefly touch her tail. She actually keeps coming back for it like looking away but putting her body close to me. But so far, not one single inquiry. Tons of shares, likes, comments, but not one inquiry, on Facebook or on allpaws. I did speak to an FIV sanctuary this past week and she told me that my best bet is to partner up with a local shelter to have them help me spread the word. I've been so hesitant to do this but she said that all I have to do is make sure that they will allow me to continue to foster her and that they will allow me to have a say during the adoption process. I think this will be more difficult than it sounds because from what I recall all shelters want to just take over but I am going to make some calls this week and see what happens.

Hi Tommy! :wavey:

@Jimmianne :wavey:I lurk too when I don't post. I actually see it as kind of a nice thing though because I feel like I at least want to make sure everyone is OK even if I don't get to check every day. I feel like I remain somewhat connected by lurking. I'll make sure to be good but can you please not put eating pizza on the list of not good because I will fail miserably. :D

@marcy the joy of putting things up is definitely related to how hard it will be to take down. And store. I've gotten rid of things just because they're a pain in the butt to store. Like pine cones with glitter on them. Pretty, but gone. :D Yes please make the appointment - can you do it this week. Let's just get it over with. You are a very nice sister. Sorry to say marcy but I think that WAS funny with the killer rabbit taunting you in the shower. :D Not talking boundaries and not spelling things out is ALWAYS a mistake. But it is SO much easier not to most people don't do it. At the same time I see people do it all the time and sometimes everything works out. So sometimes I think I am just too...whatever you'd call it. Hope it works out OK with your friends and that you had a nice time at supper.

@Calliecake for sure, each person is entitled to do whatever they want to do. 100%! And if they think they look better, well that's all that counts really, especially if it gives them more confidence. I know for me, I like subtle changes. The scary thing is that eventually subtle just doesn't cut it. So you have to make a decision at that point. I don't know what I'll choose.

@Austina! Hi :) we were posting at the same time. Hope you had a nice time this weekend. Glad you liked the ornaments I was chuckling to myself thinking of you guys when I saw them. And no, no takers for Mousey yet (I gave a little more detail in my reply to Missy). Hugs to Dottie.

OK everyone, time to go, I wrote a novel today :(

Hugs and kisses to everyone hope you're having a wonderful Sunday! :kiss:

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I’m doing better with doctor’s appointments now but yes, so easy to lose track of time these days. I totally sympathize with you on choosing a backsplash, it is so hard for me to make decorating decisions like that. It sounds beautiful though, and if you initially liked it I think it will work out ok for you. Getting new white furniture for the kitchen sounds great, it’s going to be so nice having an updated kitchen that suits your taste. Excited for you! Hope you’re having a great weekend with Greg, can’t believe it’s almost over.

Austina, hope you had a wonderful time at your get-together! How great that your group raised funds to help a fellow member’s dog, that is awesome.

Jimmianne, lol to needing a distraction from your distraction, love that! I’m hoping DK can come up with a setting you like. I do yoga several times a week and it does help with my anxiety a little, thanks for thinking of me. There are a few other family issues (associated with the estate) that are causing me some angst and I will feel more at peace once they’re resolved. The jewelry you posted is beautiful, they really are works of art. The book your friend sent is so pretty, very thoughtful and always nice to know someone is thinking of us.

Marcy, lol to not finding any money in those stacks. Ugh to having to redo some of your appraisals, why does your boss have to be so picky ha. Hope you are having a great weekend with Marty. Would love to see a pic of your Snoopy decoration when you get a chance. Glad to hear Marty’s shoulder seems to be doing a little better. I agree with you, it sounds like your friends didn’t really think things through when the entered into this arrangement. I hope everything ends up working out ok for them but I don’t know, sounds like a lot of potential for problems. Not a good sign that your friend’s husband is already annoyed. I’m with you, I don’t think I’d want to be in their shoes! I hope you had a good time getting together with them and seeing their new home. I hope you can get something small and shiny for Christmas, that’s the best kind of present. I decided not to wear my studs and wrap them up to open on Christmas morning. They’re really a Christmas gift and this way I have something to look forward to. I guess that sounds silly, but it’s fun opening up something sparkly on Christmas morning. Thank goodness your beautiful bracelet didn’t go down the drain, yikes! Good idea to get it fixed so you can wear it without worrying about it. I agree with Missy and say that revenge is in order for Marty! Time for some payback lol. Oh, I know you’ve already mentioned this, but what model Macan do you have? Scroll down for Macan news from me!

PierreBear, I’m a little embarrassed to post these, I was just fooling around with the app and did these very quickly. I love your diamond sketches and your writing! The perfect subject matter for PS lol. Having a creative outlet is rewarding and good for the mind imo! Your weekend plans sound like fun, I hope you had a great time.

Scandi, I think the furnace offer was accepted but now I think there is some confusion over the escrow account, so it’s still not resolved ugh. The lawyers will sort it out next week hopefully. So great you have a trip planned! I understand how it could add pressure to getting the house done though, would be good to have it done by the time you leave.

CJ, I’ll bet the redecorating you are doing looks fabulous! It’s fun and refreshing to change things up occasionally. Love the combo of silver and gray. Your ornaments are great! Perfect for us diamond lovers. I smiled when I read your thoughts on peoples’ comments with regard to looking younger. I got my hair cut recently and someone told me it made me look younger. At first I was complimented, and then I got a bit miffed because it sounded like they were inferring that normally I look old lol. Then I realized they were right and they meant well, for some reason I probably do look just a tad younger with short hair and my wrinkles don’t seem quite as noticeable. So I guess basically I’ll take a compliment any way I can get it ha!

Calliecake, so sorry to hear you need more dental work, sending good thoughts you make it through without much pain and inconvenience.

Not much going on here - having trouble getting motivated due to this overcast and chilly weather. Dh went golfing today and he’s probably freezing. Went out to dinner last night and that was fun. Oh, (attention Marcy!) I did test drive a Macan S and I loved it. DH drove the Cayenne and he liked it a lot. He’s up in the air about what to do with his car but it looks like we’ll be getting the Macan for me. Mixed feelings because I am very attached to my car Pebbles, we’ve been through a lot together :cry2: But she’s getting older and having problems, and dh wants to get the cars straightened out while he’s still working.

Here’s a pic of my daughter’s tree, i think she did a good job on it! She just moved to a very small apartment so had to get a skinny one haha

99AB7CD4-31E2-4132-82A4-FDD2A5D010EE.jpeg

And here’s Zoe sitting on the heat grate, she’s no dummy!
B8C53BF7-F392-4B5D-9465-3FA3A12C1336.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Hi :wavey:will write better later but just wanted to say hi, tree looks gorgeous and Zoe is so precious. Just gorgeous.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @springerspaniel Do you have any fun plans for the weekend![/QUOTE]
Hi Callie-cleaning and decorating for our annual work holiday party is about as good as it got this weekend. Also walking and running with Ellie and Clyde, our dogs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ, we were posting at the same time! Very glad Mousey is doing well and getting a bit more comfortable with you, she sounds so sweet. Tough decision about the shelter, it might get the word out about her a little more but I see where you might be giving up some control. You are doing such a wonderful thing for this sweet kitty.

PB, meant to post these - again, this was just for fun! :oops:

B2F06BFB-365D-44C3-B4BC-CCADDECB69D5.png
64945811-556D-482C-A0E7-E339A45E8281.png
EFC18E2E-3CE5-4646-A6F7-7DF43B012E8A.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, my heart definitely sped up a bit when my bracelet went shooting off towards the drain. What about having Yoram set your asscher? I do have some jewelry in my jewelry box that I wonder “what was I thinking?” Those are some serious bling pictures you posted.

Missy, I think many of us NIRDI’s like small and shiny presents. How could we not? I think we should definitely continue to think we are funny; I know in my case it’s a case of someone has to do it. That’s good you think you found the backsplash you like. The house we went to last night had white cupboards and white gray countertops. I can’t remember what color her backsplash was though. Darn. I really liked their house.

Austina. isn’t Skype or Facetime amazing to keep in touch with people? It’s so much more personal. I think I’ll quit while I am ahead with Marty because he doesn’t get even; he gets ahead.

CJ, I am glad your renovation is going along okay. Oh no to the couch being destroyed. That’s great Mousey is getting less nervous around you. I totally agree about getting rid of things that are a pain to store. I’ve thrown out many things for that very reason. I also hate glitter that gets everywhere so that would go too. Marty and his Killer Rabbit teasing me is pretty funny. Of course I won’t admit that out loud. I hope my friend has a good talk with her parents so both sides know what to expect. I am sure they’ll work it out.

Junebug, I hope the issues with the estate get settled soon. My friends were still talking about the strain with her parents last weekend. They are moving their stuff in to the parents house on the 20th so every said they’d come hang out at our house that day. I hope they set down and talk everything over. I think it’s a good idea to have your earrings to open on Christmas. It does give you something to look forward to that morning. How exciting you are probably getting a Macan S. We have the GTS; I would have been very happy with the S but Marty wanted that launch control which he couldn't get on the S model. Is there one at the dealer you are thinking of getting or would you order one? What color is it / did you like? I can’t say enough good things about my Macan. Your DD’s tree looks great. Was dinner good last night? I’m with Zoe getting as close to heat as possible. Your drawings are fabulous. You are very talented.

Spring, cleaning and decorating for a party do sound fun.

We had a good time last night. I got a hug from their little girl when I got there and before she went too bed. She had quite a few cookies so she was probably awake for quite a while when she got in bed. Their new house is nice. We played hearts after supper and the 6 of us talked more than concentrated on cards so it took hours to get through one game.

I only had one glass or wine yet somehow we managed to leave our garage door open all night after we got home. Joy. We found it about 9 hours later. Good thing we live in Wyoming.

The cleaning lady came today. We went to breakfast then Marty went to Boulder to lift with some other guys he knows. I did my least favorite task that is necessary to do one of my favorite things - cook and eat. I washed sheets, made the bed and washed towels. The excitement is overwhelming at times.

Marty has not put up my Snoopy yet but he put it together and we had it working in the house last night. I posted a video on IG that quite a few of you saw already. It is cute.

I made some homemade soup for supper and have 3 bowls left for lunch this weekend. That will be nice for the chilly days coming my way.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy I love your Snoopy, very fun and cute,
I made a big pot of soup yesterday too and ate all but one bowl. I used ground beef, a can of chili starter beans, Rotel salsa, green beans, canned corn and chicken broth. Seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice & green Tabasco. Maybe sounds weird, but it's really good with heavily buttered sourdough bread.
The only thing missing was a plate of cookies!

Have you all seen the PS thread about the DJT Christmas ornament reviews on Amazon?:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie beautiful drawings. You are so talented! And aww Zoe is a gorgeous girl. :love:
I am sorry Pebbles is getting
old and you are having trouble with her...I feel your pain! Hope she has some more life in her. Sounds like you enjoyed the Macan test drive. I hear you re the chilly and darker weather making you less motivated. Me too. I think I could easily be a hermit. I feel like getting out of the house is harder and harder with winter approaching. Unlike summer and the long warm days when I cannot wait to get out and cycle. LOL what a contrast right? Though it is sort of nice to be a lazy bum sometimes I hope all winter won't be me not wanting to leave the house! Have a good week Junie and I really hope the furnace issue is put to rest once and for all and that they accept what you are offering them. (((Hugs))).
Love your DD's tree. Elegant and beautiful and perfect for the space!

Austina that would have been a great way to visualize it all but sadly no their software isn't as advanced as I wish it was. Joe told me he is so busy doing kitchens he doesn't have time right now to learn a new software program. We are shopping for backsplash again today and did it all day yesterday. LOL. I think I love the grey and white marble but I just am not sure about the 3 by 6 size and want to see more variety before I can say definitively yes this is what we are getting. Probably I cannot go wrong with any of our choices as they are classic. Gray and white. It's a nice color combo.
Hope you enjoyed a lovely Skype call with your friend yesterday.

CJ hugs to you and Mousey. Greg says it is best sourced through a local lumber yard and that way no shipping. For a 4 by 8 sheet you can easily pick it up at a local lumber yard. He never sourced Bamboo but knows you can get cherry, oak, birch and other hardwoods or exotic wood plywood. He isn't sure about Bamboo but says going to your local lumber yard is your best bet and if they don't have it they might know where to source it.

Love your redecoration ideas and yes the leather furniture is absolutely destroyed. People who don't know us would think we were homeless with the appearance of some of our furniture.

I am glad you are going to schedule a mammo/ultrasound appointment CJ. My appointment is not till the end of January. For a double appointment they had nothing sooner. So hopefully it will go smoothly and skipping a year won't come back to haunt me. I usually end up being there for at least 3 hours as they have trouble reading my findings due to dense breast tissue that is also very cystic. They keep repeating and repeating and repeating the mammo while I am there as the radiologist reads it on the spot and then when they are satisfied with the mammo I get the Ultrasound and they don't let me leave till I get the findings. So it is all in one appointment and a long one at that. I don't know if that is what you need - both mammo and ultrasound but your gyn can tell you. Good luck and I am happy you are taking care of it. (((HUGS))).

Marcy ooh that kitchen sounds pretty... next time take a photo for me OK focusing on their backsplash? Haha they won't think you are crazy...tell them it is for your cuckoo friend. I'm glad you enjoyed a wonderful time with your friends. And yay for a clean house yesterday. It's amazing your cleaning person comes on Sunday. Your Snoopy Christmas ornament is amazing and I love it. Wow! Nice job there. I love it so much I would consider keeping it on your lawn all year.
I love homemade soup for dinner yummy. Did you say what kind of soup you made? My favorite is butternut squash soup.

Hi Jimmianne, Will check out the DJT ornament soon. LOL we already have a couple of DJT gag gifts and oops I accidentally dropped the pencil sharpener (pencil goes into his a**) and broke his hat. Oh well.:cheeky:

SpringerSpaniel, hugs to Ellie and Clyde and have a fun Christmas party.

Hugs to all the NIRDI fur babies and their mommas. Have a lovely Monday girls!:wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I get your opinions girls? If it's between the 3 by 6 inch marble subway backsplash or the linear random mosaic marble backsplash varying in individual tile sizes which would you prefer?

Approximation Photos since this is not exactly the color etc but the best approximation I can do.

3x6" marble subway tile backsplash

gray-and-white-kitchen-7.jpg

grayandwhitebacksplash.jpg

Linear mosaic marble backsplash
linearmosaicmarblebacksplash.jpg
To give a better idea of the mosaic pattern here it is in a shower
anatolia bianco venatino mosaic tiles.jpg

Which do you prefer for our kitchen backsplash? Different tile gray marble sizes (mosaic) or predictable 3 by 6 subway tiles in gray marble? I think the subway tile marble is a bit darker than the mosaic. The counters will be white quartz and the cabinets white shaker and the floor dark wood. And we are adding/extending windows in the kitchen for more natural light. Thoughts?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I really love the first picture.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I like the first and second pics the best. We have something similar to the first pic in SC and I like it because it’s a nice contrast to the linear lines of the kitchen. But honestly they are all really pretty and you can’t go wrong with any of them. The mosaic is a little different and the varying sizes give a cool effect. I think I prefer the uniform tiles though. Hard decision because they’re all really nice.

I’m with you on not wanting to go out during the winter, brrr. I’m feeling that way today lol. Thanks for the good thoughts about wrapping things up with the house. It’s a shame your appointment for a mammo/ultrasound is so long, 3 hours is a long time and sounds very stressful :(2 Thanks for the kind words about my pics :kiss2: I would be ok hanging onto Pebbles for a few more years but dh just seems to want to start fresh and get the new car while he’s still working.

Marcy, glad you had such a nice time at your friend’s house. Yeah, I guess they’ll work things out with her parents as they go along. Your Snoopy decoration is adorable! It’s fun to fool around with the drawing app, I’ll put more effort into it when I get the right pen. So sweet that their little girl gave you some hugs and it sounds like your cookies were a hit. We’ve left our garage door open too! One time the police called us in the middle of the night to tell us, how embarrassing lol. I’m thinking of going with black for the Macan, although the white looks nice too. Dh did the configuration online and sent it to the salesperson so we’ll see if they can find one already made that matches most of what we want. We’ll probably have to compromise on some things but we”ll see. If not I guess we’ll order one.

Jimmianne, your soup sounds delish!

Hope everyone has a great day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, thanks so much and thank you Junie.

I so appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me. Yes I’m leaning towards the uniform backsplash in large part because we can get that one from joe and donna vs ordering something on our own and waiting for over 3weeks as nothing I like is in stock and hoping it meets my expectations. If joe and donna order it from their trusted sources I’m hoping odds are better they will be in good ie not cracked shape. And if they are well then it’s hopefully joe and donnas responsibility to get us a timely replacement and they have connections we don’t. So many tiles we looked at yesterday were broken. And that’s part of the sale. They estimate 10% breakage. Crazy right?

Anyway aesthetically they all seem pretty so I guess and hope I won’t make any big mistakes.

I don’t mind the mammo/ultrasound taking a few hours as I get it don and results all in same day. It’s worth it IMO as I know others who have to wait for their results and then go back and repeat since the mammo is hard to read doe dense cystic breasts so I really am fine with the 3 hours. Just takes a long time to get a double appointment and I wish I didn’t miss a year.

Wish we lived closer cause I’d kidnap you on this cool December day and take you backsplash shopping. Instead I’m going with Greg later. Lol. Hugs and thank you!

P

PierreBear

@Scandiavian – Beach and food sounds like a great break from everything. Oh did your Christmas theme party take place yet? How did your 1920s party turn out?

@CJ2008 – Those are fun ornaments! Yes, drawing/doodling/sketching has been a fun leisure activity. It’s been nice to try and do something “creative” once a day just to get my brain to think differently. I think it’s been a fun process though to share with others as I mentioned my FIL likes to draw too and my mother does more paintings. Just a way to connect with the artsy people in my life.

I bet your living room area looks great! I use a lot of gray tones as well and then have that pop of accent. Would love to see before/after shots!

@Calliecake – Friend’s little boy is almost 2. He had to go to time out while we were there but it was only briefly. He had fun decorating the tree and “helping” with the ornaments. : )

Hmm no good desserts lately as honestly I’ve been trying to watch what I’m eating since my workout activity has declined post the race. I still have a pie crust that I premade and will try making another pie but will wait until the Christmas break when I have more time. Looking forward to making it already… and eating it too!

You are too kind. I do my best as a DIL but I’m really fortunate that I have great in-laws. My DH is the one with the crazy in-laws. Similar to you, I look up to my MIL and FIL and see many traits that I wish my own parents would portray but I know we all have weaknesses and faults. There is no perfect parent! What do you and your FIL like to do together or how does he show you love? : )

@Jimmianne – What a beautiful journal. Love it and what a sweet gesture from that guy.

@Austina – Hope you enjoyed the Spinone event!

@marcy – hahaha rabbits and bears on the fridge. Ya’ll have so much fun together. Good idea on attending a competition to Arizona and tacking on a family visit. Are you going to be joining in on the trip too?

Oohh my… get that clasp to secure tightly and then show us a wrist shot of that beauty!

@junebug17 – THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR DRAWINGS! Love it! Do you draw from memory or are you looking at something to inspire you? I love how everything looks so naturally drawn! Wow the shading.. it does look like water colors!!! : ) Way to go!

@missy – Excited for your kitchen project once again! Wow, strange that there were so many broken tiles. I didn’t feel like that was the case when we bought our tiles in boxes. The contractor said there might have been a few that weren’t cut perfectly straight but he never mentioned breakage. Maybe each place is different. Don’t worry about mistakes though… tiles may feel permanent but you can always pop them out and ask them to redo a section before they grout it. I asked our guys to redo a section since the ceiling wasn’t perfectly straight and the option was to either have the tile look uneven or to caulk it (if that makes sense). He went with the executive decision to fix the problem using tiles but it drew attention to it. Had him pop out the tile and he redid that section. It will look great, my friend with your careful eye on everything!

P

PierreBear

We had a full weekend seeing friends and getting ready for a Christmas party we are hosting and strung lights outside. Had a small snafu and broke some lights but was able to recover and move some bulbs around. Whew... On a fun note, DH went on "hunter and gatherer" mode and pulled some figs off the tree. Our first harvest. It took about 3 years to get just a handful hahaha... from a stick to a mini bush. They taste decent but still very small.
24210364_10110811826065770_1304741530891648327_o.jpg
Also, Merry Christmas from my cat. The party we are hosting has a sweater theme so we decided to get him one too. hahaha.... we couldn't stop laughing. So adorable when he's walking. Hope ya'll enjoy.

Capture.PNG

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have like two seconds but had to...

OMG @PierreBear your kittie looks adorable I can't stop looking at him. Adorable and hysterical and sweet all at the same time.

Missy I like the random tiles.

ETA - I misunderstood the question. I thought random meant the way they were arranged. (don't ask). I like them all and could see the different size tile in certain situations but I tend to like symmetry, sometimes if things are too asymmetric it gives me anxiety. So, first picture.

I'll be back :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

As I mentioned in your other thread @missy, I like the linear tiles. The subway tiles have been around for a while, so maybe will date your kitchen, whereas the simple linear ones are kind of inconspicuous (in a good way) and therefore less likely to date.

@junebug17 you are talented! I especially like the beach scene, I love the subtle, blended look you’ve achieved. Hoping your house woes will soon be a dim and distant memory. Yoohooo to getting a new car, that’ll be fun and something to look forward to.

Your daughter’s done a good job with her tree, it looks so pretty and making me think I should put ours up instead of being lazy :oops:

The lady who organised the get together said I was nothing like she imagined. I asked her if she’d been expecting an old bag :lol:

Your kitty doesn’t look too amused @PierreBear, although he does look cute. Sounds like you had a fun weekend with your friends.

Your soup sounds lovely @Jimmianne I also made soup yesterday, we were so full from all the eating over the w/e that that’s all we wanted. I made celeriac- not sure if it’s called that there. Basically looks like the Borg queens head from Star Trek and has an aniseedy taste :lol:

Easily done to leave a door open or unlocked when you get home late @marcy . I expect your friends were really pleased their little girl was high on a sugar rush from your cookies :lol:

Your comments made me laugh, because when I speak with my Texan friend, we always ask each other if we’ve done anything exciting that week, and it’s always “yeah, cooking, cleaning, shopping,washing and ironing” :lol:

We met these friends at DFW airport in 1992, got talking on the plane and spent the whole overnight flight talking. We swapped details and have been in touch ever since. They love England and have visited us many times, and we see them when we’re in Texas.

Good luck with your redecorating @CJ2008 I love decorating and am a fiend when I get started, Colin not so much :mrgreen2: there are always “can we stop for a cup of tea/lunch/break?” I like to keep going till I drop.

Hi @springerspaniel hope you enjoyed being out with the dogs. It’s not so cold here today, and Dottie enjoyed saying hello to a bulldog called Spud this morning :mrgreen:

Hi @Scandinavian hope work on the house is progressing well.

We’ve reinstated our Monday night ritual of having a sauna, and I must admit, when the weather’s like this, we really look forward to it.

Think of me cooking away later :wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, NIRDI-lettos!! I am, as always, hopelessly behind and for some reason the unread button was leaving some posts unmarked so I'd read someone's post and it would reference something unfamiliar so I'd go back and there were all these posts I hadn't read earlier! So now everyone's updates are out of order and backwards and floating around like alphabet soup in my head. I'm going to try to pick out one thing I can remember from everybody. We'll see if I can do it.

@missy I'd be happy to cook with Greg anytime anywhere!! And your beach kitchen will be lovely whatever you pick. It's hard to visualize sometimes, and I find tile to be one of the hardest things to pick. It's hard to tell from photos, but I think I prefer the subway tile version of the marble for the backsplash.

@junebug17 You are an amazing artist!! What you posted was so, so lovely. I'm so envious because I can't draw to save my life. What app are you using, and does it have an idiot button so I can use it?

@Jimmianne I hope you find what you're looking for to set your screamingly gorgeous Asscher. Holy smokes, that's a fireball!! Here's the photo of what was long my dream ring - a 1922 Cartier Asscher - if that's of any help.
1922 Cartier Asscher.jpeg

@azstonie Hope my Westie boyfriend is hanging in there. He's in my thoughts when I'm trying not to stress over our country going down the drain. And Maggie may need a talking to. Can you put her on the phone?

@marcy You are the cookie queen!! I'm trying to get off gluten and sugar again so your posts read to me like: I did some laundry. . . COOKIES . . . CHOCOLATE . . . something about bunnies . . . PIZZA . . . the stars . . . COOKIES . . . the yahoos at the office . . . COOKIES, COOKIES, COOKIES!! And I remember something about mini CHEESECAKES! from before. I'm hoping my brain starts to calm down soon. Until then COOKIES!!!!!!!

@PierreBear That sugar sculpture was gorgeous!! I know they're not supposed to be eaten, but hats off for doing that. Impressive. I remember seeing one of those competitions where the sculptures would be so lovely, but if the sugar wasn't just right they'd start to sag or when they got moved, they'd shatter. Oh, and I chill the pie dough before I roll it out, but not after. The pumpkin pie gets filled before the dough is cooked so shrinkage is not an issue. For pre-baked crusts, pie weights can help. I also make sure to crimp the crust over the side so it can serve as an anchor. But mostly I make pies that don't require baking the crust first because I've had the shrinkage problem too!

Speaking of pie, my pie crust for T'day was okay. I keep forgetting that I need to make the crust at the top thinner. I hate to waste any so it was a little thick and harder to get a fork through at the top edge. I can't remember if you were the one asking about what kind it was. It was pumpkin using my mom's recipe for the filling. It's an adaptation of the Carnation recipe from probably the 1950's, and it's the one I remember from my childhood. I put in less sugar now than the recipe calls for, but make sure to use all five spices (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger) because that's what tastes the best to me because it reminds me of Mom's.

@Austina You asked awhile back whether it was easy to find Adam's OWD office. It's funny you asked because Missy had to practically guide me in like a plane at the airport!! We were texting back and forth until I finally spotted her. But I don't think it would be normally be hard. I didn't have the actual address and was totally confused about what corner. There's some security to go through though. It's not like waltzing right into Cartier (past a doorman). You have to sign in and get badged.

@LLJsmom Are you going crazy with this new tax plan? I assume it creates a lot of headaches for providers once the 2018 tax year is done. That's putting aside that it's a total 'Feed the Rich, Forget Everyone Else' nightmare. Oh, and I'm with you on makeup. Usually too much trouble.

@Calliecake Sorry to hear about more dental work. That is never fun. Is it cold and Christmasy there yet?

@CJ2008 You are such a great kitty guardian/foster parent!! I also posted on your music thread. Music is my thing, for sure. The soundtrack for 'Hamilton' is my current obsession.

@Scandinavian The house is looking beautiful! You should be so proud for getting through all the issues that sprang up. What a challenge, but it will be so worth it!

@springerspaniel I know you asked me a question awhile back and now I can't find the post. and it's long enough ago that the alert is now deleted. Drat! I fully intended to answer the question and didn't intend to ignore you. So I'm just going to make up a question. Springer: Doesn't my dog have the most soulful eyes on the planet? Rainwood: Absolutely!!

@canuk-gal I'm assuming it's skating weather by now for you. I'll be up north for Christmas but further west so hoping I don't have to worry about ice and snow.

I'm sure I've forgotten someone, and I apologize. It's not intentional, but it's a good reminder that it's far easier to post regularly than to try and catch a fast-moving train.

My current preoccupation is cleaning out my closet. A really serious clean and purge. It was overflowing and I couldn't find anything. I've finally packed up the last of my favorite suits and all those clothes from my previous professional life, plus all the other stuff I never wear, the shoes that aren't comfortable, the handbags that aren't laid out right or are worn out, and all the things that were never me or aren't me anymore. Plus, I've included the last of DH's luggage. I will not be able to get all of the stuff into the car so it will be more than one trip to Goodwill. It is eye-opening and embarrassing how much stuff I have. And how many things I have half a dozen of because I could never find the others. It's now going to be one piece in, one piece out. I've started on the dresser drawers, and the next will be the spillover closet in another bedroom. I'll be glad when it's done, but the process also feels kind of good too. Nobody needs this much stuff.

Once I get this done, I have my eye on the master bath, then upstairs to my study, my DH's study, and after that, the kitchen. I've already purged the easy places so the ones I'm tackling now are the big, big jobs. Once I get those done, I need to tackle the granddaddy of them all - the garage which is overflowing with all of DH's tools and stuff. He kept everything. Most of the junk in there is gone. Now it's sorting and selling and donating all of the things he used and cared for. It's easier when it's my stuff, but somebody has to do it, and that somebody is me. I'll get help from some friends and colleagues as I don't even know what some of the things are, but I'm not looking forward to it. It will be both time-consuming and emotion-consuming. And it will take months. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my clean closet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I an’t wait for the new Snoopy decoration to get put up but it got cold and snowy today. I’ll be nagging at Marty soon if I don’t find it outside soon. Like he’s busy at work. Your pot of soup sounds quite tasty. I enjoyed my leftover soup at noon today.

Missy, I am right there with you on becoming a hermit in winter. I was going to stop at the store tonight but since it was windy and 23 degrees I came straight home. I asked my friend about her backsplash and it is tans and brown; their floor is oak so it blends in well with that. That Snoopy decoration is pretty cool. I was thinking of plugging it in tonight in the living room. I made beef vegetable with noodles soup. It hit the spot on a cold day. I like the 3 x 6 (first pictures) the best.

Hi Scandi and CJ.

PierreBear, that’s nice you have great in-laws. I don’t know if I’ll go to Arizona or not. My in-laws will be here for a week in June so that might be enough time for me. We are easily entertained around here for sure. I love the outfit for the cat. Yay for your first harvest.

Austina, I guess the worst thing I’ve ever done when I got home was leave my keys in the front door. I’d had a bit too much to drink the night before. Our garage has all of our telescopes in it and tools. My car is always locked but the pickup isn’t. Marty’s golf clubs are in there. I’m more worried about getting varmints making the garage their home. I am okay with that kind of excitement filling my life. That is pretty cook making friends that way and keeping in touch. Have fun cooking.

Rainwood, your post about me and my trigger words really made me laugh. Warning, I’ll be making lots of cookies for Christmas soon. LOL to yahoos at work. Your pumpkin pie sounds delicious. That is something about getting in to OWD. Your cleaning out your closets sounds like a project but how great it will be when it’s done. I seriously need to work on that myself. My overflow closet has a ton of stuff I should throw out. Good luck with tackling the other big jobs.

We had a little bit of snow overnight so the road was icy this morning but melted off once the sun came out. I submitted my self appraisal this afternoon. Now i need my employees to submit their appraisals so I can get them done before my vacation.

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
765DDC96-B113-4FC7-9342-C7B919DC7B52.jpeg

The rabbits watching the slide show.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, hi . Haven’t heard from you in a while! Love that Cartier asscher...very inspi-ring.
I think all I do these days is scroll through bling online.
I found this this morning...
2E825BAC-1ABF-49FD-9CE9-02475C44EF5B.jpeg B7820397-F4E9-4A46-9BA6-10212393B229.jpeg
How are your closets coming along? Omg, what a huge purge! I love doing that once it gets started. So therapeutic. The hard part seems to be those things no longer needed, but somehow hard to give up.
Do you have that problem too?
I feel as though my closets are now full of memories, not anything useful for daily life.
It would be so freeing to dump it all! How about coming for a visit and showing me how it’s done???

June, your daughter’s tree is wonderfully skinny, what a nice statement. I have never seen one that chic before : )
Your watercolors are beautiful. They look almost as though they were painted on porcelain.
Are you still making art?

Austina, celeric. Hm I've seen it but never tried it, maybe it’s time.
Speaking of cooking, what do your traditionally serve for Christmas dinner?

Marcy, we are supposed to get snow on Friday!!! So excited. We get about two snows per winter, unlike you guys, who really see lots of that beautiful stuff ...can I be enthusiastic for you just in case you don't care for that extreme western *hot soup* weather?
At least when it snows you can tell if the big cats have been visiting.
It WOULD be nice to have Yoram set it, but that would mean shipping it back to Israel and all that is involved with that process...customs, taxes, etc.
It’s bugging me to have a new diamond in the safe and not wear it, but also it’s nice to have something in the future to look forward to!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainy what a gorgeous Cartier ring. THUD and DROOL DROOL DROOL. :love: Just when I think I am a One Ring Rules ALL girl I realize variety in diamonds doesn't suck.

Good for you re your cleanup and purge project. Sounds like you are doing an efficient job of it too. Impressive. That has been on my list for many months but I cannot seem to find the time nor energy and motivation to do it. I need to do just what you are doing. So many suits, shoes and just jeans and other stuff I haven't worn for so many years. Greg keeps up with organizing his closets and gets rid of things as he purchases new items. Me not at all. It does feel amazing to have just what you need right there for you without having to search through endless items you never wear or use. It's a good feeling being organized and efficient. Good luck with the rest of your effort and thanks for energizing me to start mine now.:appl:

I love your kitchen redo. Simply beautiful with clean lines and just my style. Your space is just the perfect kitchen space. Ours is much less efficient and much smaller and hopefully it will look clean and fresh. I don't think I explained the backsplash area properly. We are actually backsplashing all the walls in the kitchen. Around the windows and over the sink as well as the usual backsplash over the oven counter. So 3 sides of the kitchen will have backsplash on the available wall space stopped only by the windows. The South wall is mostly picture window so won't have any backsplash but paint in any non window area. I am not sure how that will look but Greg and Donna think it will look beautiful. Well it's only tile right and we can just remove and paint if I hate it?::)

Your holiday plans sound good and we are almost right in the middle of it all. Enjoy!

Austina thanks for weighing in both threads. Yes I like the linear tiles and I also prefer the elongated tile look and we went with the 2 by 8 inch. I still cannot picture it in my mind over the 3 walls of the kitchen and hope the proportions will look smart. I sometimes think I should have made it easier on myself and went with my black matte granite countertop (like we have in Brooklyn and like we did in Sea Girt) and then do the white cabinets and a white backsplash with the dark wood floors we are putting in the kitchen to match the rest of the house and be done. You cannot go wrong with black and white. But Greg keeps telling me I wanted a white kitchen for 2 decades and I would be disappointed if I go with black and white. Sometimes he knows me better than I know me but I really am unsure in this case. At this point I am going full steam ahead as we already purchased 100 sq ft of backsplash and I just want to keep moving forward. We haven't even started this project in reality (i.e. demo starts January 2nd) but I am emotionally exhausted. LOL. I used to be so much stronger and resilient. I gotta toughen up mentally. It's not life and death decisions it's just superficial kitchen nonsense and from here on in I am putting it where it needs to be. In the non critical compartment in my brain. Done.:lol:

Your Monday night Sauna ritual sounds like fun especially during
the colder months. Hope your cooking plans went well and glad Dottie met up with a friend haha. Enjoy!

PierreBear LOL what a sweet kitty! Hysterical! Our kitties would go crazy and never allow us to dress them up. Love it. Thank you so much for all your thoughts re the kitchen design. Appreciate it!
I love figs and they look good. Nice you are organizing a Christmas party. Lots of work but there is much to be said for hosting and it is nice to entertain occasionally.
Yes at the tile stores yesterday they all reiterated the same info. You have to count on abut 10% tile breakage. I hope it's not more than that because we purchased 100 sq feet and we need about 90 sq ft. Fingers crossed.

CJ thanks for weighing in! How's your redecorating going? Anything new to report? How is sweet Mousey doing? I think of her every day. I am so sorry I haven't been able to find a loving home to take her yet. There are so many cats looking for homes. We visited my favorite local animal rescue organization Sunday afternoon and the leader told me it had been a terribly slow summer for adoptions and they were just starting to pick up now. Fingers crossed Mousey will find her forever home soon.

Marcy haha that Snoopy decoration is hysterical and I love it. Brrrrr on a windy chilly 20s and snow again by you and yes I am with you on the hermit thing. Here in Brooklyn I could easily become a hermit but at the beach not so easy. Not as many businesses deliver there as in NYC. How about by you? I imagine you are more in a country like setting so more like where we are at the beach house.

Ha yes I have left my keys in the front door before. Usually a neighbor just knocks on my door to let me know LOL. Luckily in Brooklyn our neighbors are all friendly and I feel pretty safe. But yes I am so absent minded and I haven't always been. Once Greg locked (well I locked the car haha) his keys in the car. Not fun because we were out at the beach house and we had to call AAA because he couldn't unlock it himself despite trying. Good times.:lol:

Yay for almost being ready for vacation. Hope those employees submit the appraisals very soon so you can cross that off the list. When is vacation? Are you visiting family?

Jimmianne YAY for snow! I guess when one gets it only once or twice a winter it is fun and enjoy! Do you have snowshoes? Or cross country skis? One of my favorite activities is walking/hiking in the snow and though I haven't cross country skied for years I used to love it so much. How much snow do you anticipate?

Oh I wish you had the Yoram Asscher all set but yes be patient. It will be magnificent when it is all set and ready for your finger.
And better not to have anything expensive delivered to you right now. Deliveries this time of year are awful. UPS, Fed Ex and USPS are all delivering things to me days and days late. Almost everything I order is delayed. In fact one company I order from told me they won't ship to my area anymore because it took too long and spoilage happened and they refunded me but said they won't ship to our area anymore. I am frustrated about that and not sure what to do at this point but I really am not pleased. It took the USPS 8 days for something that should have taken no more than 3 and usually when I order from this company (based in Oregon) it takes 2 days.

For those who didn't read my Backsplash thread I ordered 2 by 8 honed (not polished as the honed is a satiny finish so I think its a perfect compromise b/w shiny and matte) Carrara marble linear tiles for the kitchen. It feels a more elegant modern twist on the classic subway 3 by 6 tile backsplash and it seems a nice white gray lot. Hoping it works out nicely in that space. Still having trouble visualizing it in the kitchen.
Here is a sample of it with the Thassos white quartz countertop sample.

carrarabacksplashwithquartz.jpg

and here is a whole wall done with the Carrara tile we ordered in a bathroom sample wall. Next to a white sink to get an idea of the contrast. 2 by 8 tile.
carrara2by8tilebacksplash.jpg

and 2 quick pics of me wearing the OEC earrings yesterday afternoon as we were in the car on the backsplash tile search.
Both ears included.8-)
oecdropearringsinear.jpg

oecdrop.jpeg

OK that's all kids from me for now.
Hope I didn't not respond to anyone who posted yesterday and sending you all big hugs. Have a good Tuesday girls!:wavey:

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Uh oh… it’s really breezy and cold today and too many people are coming over for the work party and I’m afraid that our tiny place won’t hold everyone. Asked to borrow our neighbor’s outdoor heater. The kind that you can fuel with a propane tank. We are lucky to have wonderful neighbors though I feel like we are always borrowing things. Wish me luck ladies and for my anxiety to go down. Worst case, I’ll just laugh at my cat who will be dressed in his sweater and relax a bit. Hope ya’ll have a great day!

@CJ2008 – Are you coming back with cat photos of your own wearing sweaters? : )

@Austina – Oohhh Monday night sauna sounds like a blast. Is it a dry sauna where the room heats up? Do you have one in the house or the gym? The gym we go to has a sauna but it’s not really “nice” and spa like. Think people just use it to burn calories. I think I might be more of a hot tub girl where at least I feel like I can breathe.

@rainwood – Thanks for the pie crust tips. I did the same as you, chilling the pie dough before I rolled it but maybe I didn’t crimp the crust over the side in the way you are describing. It was just sitting on top. I’m going to give it a go with your technique!

Way to go on cleaning out the closet. It must feel good to cleanse and start off 2018 fresh!

@marcy – Cute photos of the rabbits watching the slide show. What about the bears?!

@missy – Like the ear shots of both the left and the right! Though I was wondering what’s in those coolers? Someone above kept saying COOKIES COOKIES COOKIES…. CHOCOLATES… haha @rainwood so I’ve been having those thoughts now too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, love the backslash you chose! It looks great next to the white quartz :love: You are on your way to your dream kitchen and it’s very exciting! I know you had to compromise on a few things but no matter, it’s going to be new, fresh, much more to your taste, and just fabulous :appl:

And your new earrings are GORGEOUS! Love them on you, they look perfect! I want a pair just like them haha! Excellent choice :clap:

PB, aw, thanks for your nice words - I’ve done some decorative painting in the past (on glass and small wood items) - that’s why I do mainly fruit and flowers lol. I agree with you that it is rewarding and healthy to have a creative outlet that uses another part of the brain. Love that you were able to grow your own figs, very cool! Your backsplash is beautiful, a lovely choice. Good luck with gettting ready for your Christmas party, a sweater themed party sounds like a lot of fun. And lol to your kitty in a Santa suit! Adorable, and what a good sport!

Austina, glad you had a great time getting together with friends. A sauna sounds wonderful, enjoy! Thanks for the nice words about dd’s tree - I hear you though, I’m not that motivated to decorate this year either and won’t do as much as I usually do.

Rainwood, good for you for clearing out your house, it will feel great just to have the closet done and you will feel even better when the rest of the house is done. Sending hugs and love to you, I know some of this will be emotional for you. I really need to tackle my house as well. It’s filled to the brim with the belongings of 4 four people that have been accumulating over 25 years, yikes. And wow, thanks for the nice words about my sketches! It’s an app called Paper and you need to have a pen that will work on the ipad. Lol to an idiot button :razz: Honestly, it’s just really fun and relaxing to experiment with the different colors and effects so your inner artist can just naturally come out! LOVE the ring you posted, it is perfection, pure and simple :love:

And your trigger comments truly had me laughing out loud! :lol: So true!

Marcy, lol to the rabbits watching the slide show - Don’t hate me for saying this, but they look kinda cute :oops: I love your fridge. Oooh, I didn’t know you have a vacation coming up, I’m glad for you, an extended break from work will be nice. Going anywhere or just relaxing at home? Either one will be great.

Jimmianne, oh wow, that brooch is absolutely amazing! My gosh, those diamonds are huge, you can really appreciate their size in the pic where the Queen is wearing it. Thanks for your nice words, I really haven’t been doing much painting lately. My friend asked me to paint a birdhouse last spring and I keep wiping off what I do, it just never looks right to me. I know I’m over-thinking. Maybe I can get it to her by next spring lol. I’m glad you like dd’s tree, I think it turned out pretty cute.

I know what you mean about not being able to part with things - I’m struggling with my kids’ baby clothes, guess it can’t hurt to hold onto a few things :P2

Ok, time to do something - the lawn guys raked the leaves but they hadn’t all fallen so of course two days later the rest of the leaves decided to drop. I think the lawn guys are coming back at some point but it’s annoying me so I’m going to rake at least some of them up. I think that counts as my exercise for the day!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
june, I've been having fun redecorating it's like suddenly I couldn't live a day more with some of the stuff we had. And I never thought to make silvers/gray a common color - but I do notice that I have silver in different places. The difference is that now I'm bringing in those colors purposely. You are so right that a compliment is still a compliment. :) This is especially true if you can tell the person really means it as a compliment. And definitely I'll take that over not getting any compliment at all. :) I just think for me, I will try to use other words other than younger to describe how I look and how other women look. Maybe it's my way to try to stop thinking about younger versus older so much.

Thank you for kind words and encouragement with Mousey.

And I think your drawings are cute. :) And not in a condescending way at all, just sweet.

BTW love your kitchen, really beautiful. I'd be afraid of those cabinets though having to keep things neat and pretty all the time :shock:

springerspaniel hope you had fun at the party and with your doggies

marcy yeah the couch has puncture holes on the armrests. They look better when I condition the leather but still not great. My DH feels the same way about glitter. I told him he has ruined Christmas for me because now when I walk down the aisles at the stores and I see pretty glittery things I can't get them. :D

Glad you had a nice time with your friends.

My DH would tell you that it wasn't the wine but the O.L.D. (it's somewhat funny when he spells it out in person and it takes the person a second or two to realize what he's saying.) :D

missy I just called the breast surgeon/Dr. I usually see to get the prescription faxed over to the radiology center, and guess what. Her assistant told me the Dr. is on medical leave until about February because she was diagnosed with breast cancer and she's going through chemo.

:( :((

OMG when I heard I was like wow that's a sign that I need to do this ASAP. marcy, this is for you too.

I have very dense breast tissue also. But I don't recall them ever doing the tests in any specific order. I wonder if I should request this.

Tell Greg thanks so much for his help. I will do just that. (((thank you)))

And we look the same way with the state of our couches. And just cat things in general. That's why I need to have better decorations lol

missy I had a freakout moment last night - last night while I was trying to go to sleep I felt like I had something in my eye and so I went into the bathroom to try to see what it was and I felt I was gentle. But then when I walked back into the bedroom I suddenly had all these grayish/cloudish concentric circles surrounding my eyeball and they grew to the point my vision in the left eye was totally obstructed. Like I had a huge gray cloud. But when I would open my iPad and get light I could see fine. It was only in the dark. It took several minutes to go away. The middle went away first then the outer rings remained. It also feels like I have something in my eye still. This is the same eye where I had the LASIK years and years ago. It was really scary. Needless to say I am going to make an appointment with an eye doctor, I just don't have anyone I really like (the 2 I went to for different things didn't leave any impression on me at all.)

Thank you for your words and hugs about Mousey and all that you're doing for her. It is so nice that you think of her everyday missy. Thank you so much. (((hugs)))

She says hi missy thank you she loves you even though she never met you

IMG_20171116_113530.jpg

I know I am missing so many of you!

I'll be back later to post more.

Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear haha I wish they were cookies in my cooler. No just produce LOL. Thanks for the earring love. COOKIES yes I have those on the brain too. Oh why is it that everything that tastes so good is so bad for us? How is baking class going? Any updates or photos? I love hearing about your culinary adventures. Have fun at the party and I hope your space stays warm enough and I think it will especially with lots of people in the home warming it up with their body heat. (((Hugs))).

Junie
hope your exercising/raking is going well! It's a nice autumn day to be outside I think. And thank goodness it isn't freezing as workmen just accidentally cut our gas line in our building and we have no heat or gas LOL. Gotta laugh because I was just chatting with Callie about rampant incompetence everywhere these days and then BAM workers across the street cut the gas lines. Hmmm maybe they were listening to our convo?:lol:
Thank you for the lovely kitchen and earring compliments Junie. I think I said this in the backsplash thread but it bears repeating...I want your kitchen!!!:love: You have the most beautiful designer kitchen. It's a dream!:appl:

Awww CJ what a sweet Mousey! Big hugs from me to her. She is so precious! I love her! Wish I could adopt her honey. I really do love her and I love you for what you are doing for her. You have such a sweet and good heart CJ. (((HUGS))).
Oh no, such terrible new about your breast surgeon. I am sorry CJ! One of the reasons I was concerned that I missed a year is I have had (no exaggeration) at least 5 friends diagnosed with breast cancer in the last 5 years. And most of them young. One in her 30s and the rest in their 40s and one more in her 50s. So yeah that's young. I hope she recovers OK CJ and yes please take it as a sign to schedule your appointments and all you girls reading this if you are due please schedule your appointments too. Let's make it a NIRDI thing to do. Timely health appointments as necessary. I have been delinquent on scheduling my Colonoscopy having never had one but I am not yet ready to schedule that. And I did do that DNA test a few years ago when I turned 50 so hopefully that is enough for now. For the girls over 50 here can you share if you have done a colonoscopy or what your thoughts are? Kristie I know you have thoughts about that and would you mind sharing them here. I'm not sure if any of your advice has changed...

CJ as for your eye symptoms that is for sure scary and I am glad you are back to normal now and yes make sure you get that checked out. It probably is nothing to worry about but better to be safe than sorry. Don't worry though OK? I think it is nothing and I am here for you if you have any questions or concerns. (((Hugs))).

Have a good afternoon ladies!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, I think that’s a great choice for the splash back, it’ll look great, modern yet classic.

The earrings look stunning, just so you.

I had a sigmoidoscopy 2 years ago. All I can say is :shock:, it was probably the most embarrassing thing ever. I had to do the enema at home, and couldn’t get the tube in, then when I got to the hospital, there were so many people in the room that I felt like a side show! They didn’t offer me any kind of sedation, and the pressure was so intense that I had to tell them them to hurry up because I couldn’t stand it any more. Even worse, the Dr doing it said “don’t worry if you have to fart when I remove the camera, we’re used to it!”
(I didn’t by the way :lol: ). I’m am NOT doing that again. In future, I’ll get sent a kit for samples for testing. Don’t let my experience put you off, I just prefer to be honest then you know what to expect :mrgreen2:

Mousey is such a pretty girl @CJ2008 I just love her little half and half face mask.

Yikes that does sound scary about your eye, I hope you can find a good Dr to reassure you.

Our leaves have just about gone @junebug17 I hope you didn’t have too much to do today to rake them up.

You are obviously very artistic, and I’m sure you’re just being hypercritical of your talents.

We have turkey at Christmas @Jimmianne with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, honey glazed carrots, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower cheese, mini sausages, bacon rolls, pork & chestnut stuffing, Yorkshire pudding and gravy - well you did ask :lol: Followed by Christmas pudding and cream, then we generally fall into a coma :mrgreen2: What about you, what will you be having?

Well done on having a clearout @rainwood it’s really cathartic isn’t it? I regularly go through my wardrobe and take out things I know I won’t wear anymore. We can Giftaid items to charity shops, which means we and they can claim back the tax, which enables us to give more to the charity. The trouble is, when I see space in my wardrobe, I buy more :oops:

Good luck with the party @PierreBear I’m sure everything will work out. People generally don’t tend to arrive at the same time, or stay for the same amount of time.

We have a sauna in our house, when we bought the house, we didn’t think we’d ever use it, but it’s lovely in the winter. I don’t think I’d feel comfortable sitting around with a lot of sweaty strangers :???:

Whatever that slide show was about @marcy those bunnies were certainly entranced :D I hope you haven’t had any more snow today and the roads are clear and safe.

Good job getting your appraisal in, hopefully the whinging babies will get theirs in soon too. I bet you’re really looking forward to your vacation and getting away from the stresses.

Big wave to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, that is some brooch the queen has. I hope you get a nice, pretty snow and can stay home and just enjoy the show. I didn’t realize Yoram was in Israel, for some reason I thought his website said NY. Phooey. I am sure you’ll get it set soon and I can hardly wait.

Missy, I understand how making all those decisions for your new kitchen can be exhausting. When we were picking out our new refrigerator and dishwasher we ran around all sorts of stores here and in Colorado then the refrigerator they delivered was damaged. They bring us another one and it was dented as well and they couldn’t get that model anymore so we had to start over. I uttered a few choice words over that. I can see why you’d don’t mind going out at the beach. When we first moved here 5 years ago we were the only house for blocks in any direction. Now our street is almost full. I think there is one more open lot. About the only thing we can get delivered here is pizza or sandwiches. It is good you have nice neighbors since you’ve left your keys in the door. Darn you had to call AAA when you locked both of your keys in the car at the beach. I am taking off from the 20th through the 26th. We are staying home and getting ready for our Christmas dinner on the 24th. That is sad you can’t order from one of your favorite places anymore because of shipping time. That’s nice they refunded your money. I like the tile and quartz you picked for your kitchen. Your new earrings are gorgeous!

PierreBear, isn’t that the way it goes; you get cold weather on the day you are having a party outside. i hope the heater worked out well. I have a picture of the bears watching the slide show somewhere; and it’s not like I can’t take a new one. I was wondering the same thing about the coolers in Missy’s car.

Junebug, I hate to admit it too but the rabbits are kind of cute. I am very much looking forward to a few days vacation. I have quite a bit of accumulated vacation time at work so I decided to take some. We will be staying home and probably getting ready for the family Christmas on the 24th. Darn that more leaves fell off after the lawn guys raked. I would say going out and working on leaves does count as exercise.

CJ, at least you can find decent covers for couches these days. I’m with your DH on glitter then. We got a few cards in the mail today and I could hear them crunching. They aren’t open yet. I like O.L.D. That’s funny. Oh no to your doctor being diagnosed with breast cancer. I hate to hear about your eye. I am glad it cleared up but not a bad idea to see an eye doctor. Mousey is adorable.

Austina, a sigmoidoscopy does not sounds pleasant at all. Your Christmas menu sounds great. The slide show on the refrigerator is all bears and rabbits. It plays for about 5 minutes after you get ice or water. I bet the sauna is very nice to use in the winter. I am very much looking forward to time off.

Oh boy on the weather our wind chill is going to make it feel like 1 degree. Woo hoo! Snow may be coming back Thursday night.

Well, I know this is probably against PS standards but I opted out of getting new jewelry for Christmas and ordered a new iPhone X. Marty decided to go look at them tonight and I liked it too so we both ordered one. They should be here Thursday or Friday. Marty got black and I got silver. They had the smaller sized hard drive in the store. Marty needs the larger storage for all of his music. I don’t really need it but it’s supposedly got a great camera so I went for the large sized storage too. I couldn’t decide for sure what I wanted for new jewelry so that gives me until May to decide what I want for my birthday. Ha!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls from Brooklyn where we have no gas due to some careless workers who accidentally cut the gas line to our building yesterday.:eek-2: The gas company said it will take at least 3 days to put in a whole new line but thankfully they connected a line to our boiler in the basement of the building so right now we do have heat and hot water and fingers crossed that holds. No gas to the stove/oven and they came to everyone's apartment last night and shut off the gas to the stove. All I can say is eww when she moved the stove and we found HRH's old toys LOL. Oh well at least we are getting it nice and clean behind the stove now hahaha. So just another day in the life and stuff happens. But it is a most inconvenient time as I had beans soaking on the stove and ready to cook today. Oh well. I won't starve.

Austina that sounds most unpleasant and thank you for sharing. That definitely puts me off wanting to do that procedure even more than I initially felt. Thank you for saving me! I think I will do another DNA test next year. Greg needs regular colonoscopies
because of polyps so unfortunately he cannot do the DNA test instead of the Colonoscopy. As long as your Sigmoidoscopy was clean I would think you are good for the DNA test at least for a good amount of time.

I love that you can enjoy the sauna from the comfort of your home. That is lovely and perfect for those cold nasty winter days. Your Christmas meal plans sound delicious. Especially the pudding the potatoes the carrots and the brussel sprouts. Yummmmmm. Thank you for the earring compliment and the backslash advice. Appreciate your help.

Marcy how exciting you are getting the new iPhone. I would have chosen the silver color too. Cannot wait to see what you think and hear all about it. Who knows maybe we will all decide to follow suit if you love it. My phone is almost 2.5 years old so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for me to get a new one. Looking forward to your review. Hope you love it. Thank you for the earring compliments and backsplash help. We will help you with your birthday bling gift. What category are you thinking of? Rings/Necklace/Earrings...
It was nice you had the block to yourselves for a long while but not so bad you have neighbors now. Sometimes it is comforting to know you are not alone though I know neighbors can be a pain sometimes it is worth the inconvenience to know you aren't alone. Does that make sense? I often think how nice it would be to have lots of land and no neighbors right there but I wouldn't want them too far away just in case. I just don't want them right on top of me.::)

Wow to 1 degree. Brrrrrrrr. And snow tomorrow. Are you expecting a lot of snow?
Glad you have vacation coming up and lol to those bunnies. What rascals they are. Mischievous little devils.:twisted:

PierreBear how did the party go? Did the outdoor heaters work well? I am sure you all had a lovely time and that it was a lot of fun. Please share pics of the food and some details. :appl:

Hello Jimmianne has it started snowing by you yet?

Enjoy this Wednesday ladies and see you later.:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results