carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, oh no to the gas line being cut! I’m glad you have heat and hot water at least and I hope you are up and running soon. Being without a stove sounds like a good justification to go out to dinner :D. Lol to finding Francesca’s toys behind the stove - we haven’t cleaned behind our fridge in a while and I’m sure it’s not a pretty sight. Guess I’ll add that to the list of things to do ha. Thanks for the compliments on the kitchen, it’s very different from what we have in NJ. We made some changes to that kitchen about 10 years ago and my tastes have changed since then but I think we’ll probably leave it as is at this point. It looks nice and goes with the rest of the house.

Funny you brought up the colonoscopy, I’m 57 and haven't’ had one yet and scheduled the first appointment yesterday. Dh has to get one more frequently due to polyps as well and I think I’m more comfortable finding out for sure if I have them too. Not looking forward to it but at least I’ll be sedated. Dh tolerates them well so hopefully I will too.

PB, I think we were posting at the same time - hope the party went well, I’ll bet everyone had a good time. It was really nice of you to host it and I’m sure your coworkers appreciated all your efforts. Did the heater help? Dh and I are thinking about getting one for SC.

Marcy, wow, that”s some cold weather! It was actually mild here yesterday, made it to 65. Colder today though. It’s great you have some time off to get ready for Christmas. A new phone sounds great, especially if you’re undecided on what you want your next piece of jewelry to be. Good luck with the appraisals, I hope you can wrap them up soon.

CJ, oh I totally agree, I would never tell someone a change they have made in their appearance makes them look younger - honestly, it bothered me when someone said it to me and better to not even go there. And yes, a good way to get away from thinking in terms of young and old. Thanks for the nice words about the kitchen - yeah, it’s going to be tricky keeping those cabinets neat looking!

Mousey looks beautiful! You have taken such wonderful care of her, she looks so healthy, content, and at peace - thank you so much for helping her!

Oh no, so sorry to hear about your eye issue, that must have been very scary - I’m glad you’re getting it checked out. Like Missy, I’m thinking it’s probably nothing serious but still a very good idea to make sure.

Austina, yes, I do tend to be overly critical of myself and it’s ridiculous - need to stop being that way lol!

Not much happening here - just trying to clean up and decorate a bit for the holidays - hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for explaining PB the motivation behind the doodling. Sounds nice.

It definitely looks more pulled together for sure. Just the simple act of settling on one main color really helped. I mean I had the same colors before - but this time I incorporated more of it (gray / silver) to play off the picture we have on the wall. It's weird - I had tried more cushion colors than I can count and none ever seemed right. So I had an orange one, a green one, a white one. They each looked OK (not great) but it just didn't work and I didn't know how to fix it all these years. But I had never tried gray / silver. The moment I put them on the couch...bam. It worked. If I get courageous I'll post some pictures. :)

Austina I am the same way, especially when I can tell I'm onto something. When I saw that the grey/silver pillows worked and that the new frames looked better, it really motivated to want to keep going and fix other annoying things I've been putting up with for way too long. DH enjoys browsing but yeah he couldn't keep up with me on my marathon hit 20 stores because I'm motivated sprees. :bigsmile:

Thank you for your compliments for Mousey. :D She is so beautiful. And her meows are so cute. She chirps, too. If you know anyone who might be able to give her a good home please share her. I am not worried about location at this point - the more people that know about her the better.

Hope you had fun cooking and saunaing :bigsmile:

I had a colonoscopy a few years back but at least they put me under. :( I hated everything about it anyway. Even the act of laying on my side so that my butt was accessible was horrible.

Thanks about the eye thing - the website to find a doctor was down yesterday so I couldn't make the appointment. I'll check it out today and see if it's working.

rainwood
you did good w your post! :bigsmile:

Thank you for your kind words about Mousey. She's just so special I want to do what I can for her. I am so so happy she's not out in the streets. And of course please, if you know anyone that you think might want / be able to give her a good home, please let them know about her. Like missy said, I am casting my net far and wide - you never know who knows who.

I have to go through the music thread to listen to some of the songs - thanks for sharing :)

Good luck with your purging. I love throwing things out. :D

I am a little more caught up now but I think I'm still missing a few replies :confused2:

Hugs and love to everyone I'll try to come back later.

:wavey:

P

PierreBear

I had my final baking exam this morning. Had to make a swiss roll cake where she only gives you the ingredients but no recipe. It turned out well and no cracking. It was a bit too thick though so it wasn’t as rolled tightly as a professional would but I’m still happy it turned out. We also had to make a butter cream icing so I made flavored mine with coffee. The whole product tasted like a tiramisu so no complaints from me. Whew what a relief… one more week of class where we do a presentation and a written exam and then clean the kitchen.

On another note, the party did go well and thank you all for asking. The team building event was hilarious. They broke out into groups and had to build a ginger bread house with one member blind folded and the other one giving audio instructions. Then we had one of the member’s daughter pick the “best” one. Everyone then had dinner. Played white elephant game. Some more smores outside. Eventually everyone left and house fairly put back together and in bed by 11 PM. It was a cold, cold day but the borrowed heaters, space heaters, outdoor fire place kept people warm enough for the outside activities. I’m sooo thankful there wasn’t any spills inside the house. Do ya’ll get worried about wine spills etc? Ughh I’m always worried about people not using coasters etc. Anyhow, my plan this evening is to vacuum and to mop. Lucky me! OK I’m signing off for today. Ya’ll take good care of yourselves and enjoy the day.

@junebug17 – Awww your kid’s baby clothes. How did you pick to keep those certain ones. Was it their favorite outfit etc or someone gave you the clothes? So hard to pick and choose for sure!

The heater that we borrowed didn’t quite work perfectly but no complaints since we borrowed it. You would turn it on but to keep it lit, the button had to stay in one position. Something must have broke but with some rubber bands etc, we got it to stay in place. I’ll say that it does emit some heat but not very much. However, DH did mention that it gave the outdoor space some interest and people wanted to stand next to it and chat and put their drinks on the base of it…. But for warmth, our outdoor fireplace did a better job. Maybe if the space you want to heat up is a bit enclosed but I used a couple of space heaters and it might have been just as effective but just not as pretty on the eyes. Hope that helps but feel free to ask more questions.

@CJ2008 – Your cat is adorable! Lovely eyes! Meow!

@missy – Good for you on keeping produce in a cooler. I always just assume the drive home is cold enough but you can never be too certain.

Yikes sorry to hear that you didn’t have gas. I know what you mean about cleaning behind appliances. I had a fridge repair done once and I said well since you pulled it out, let me vacuum behind there! There were some dust bunnies for sure.

@Austina – How neat to have a sauna in your home! Umm a personal sauna means that I would be naked in it and not mess around with getting clothes sweaty. : )

@marcy – You got the iPhone X so you can do more research on future jewelry right? Same thing!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad the party went well @PierreBear and no, you’re not alone in worrying that someone might spill something or leave a ring on a table. I don’t ask, but friends always take their shoes off when they come in, and we do the same in their homes. Sounds like a very successful evening and I’m sure enjoyed it.

Oh no to having no gas @missy let’s hope they fix it when they say they will. You always tend to think of the electricity going out, rather than the gas.

I’m sorry if my description was a bit too explicit, but without sedation, it really was awful. My sigmoidoscopy was clear, as I expected it to be.

It’s very undignified isn’t it @CJ2008 ? The things we have to do :roll None of our dogs have ever got on the furniture, there’d have been no room for us if they had :lol: but it means that our furniture has stayed looking good. I’m in the UK, otherwise I’d be spreading the word about Mousey.

I’m sure you’ll be fine @junebug17 it was the fact I could feel (and see) everything that made it so bad. I do believe in the importance of regular checks, if I hadn’t been vigilant with my smears, I was told I wouldn’t be here now.

I would’ve gone for a purple phone if they’d had one @marcy, but I can well imagine how smart the silver is :lol: Adam bought Kim a new iPhone for her bday recently, but I’m not sure which one. I get his hand-me-downs, and TBH I carry it, but as soon as I’m home, I switch it off. :D

We went out to lunch today with friends. I worked with Sue at the dentist, and she had a really difficult life until she met Rob, and now (after 14 years together) they’re getting married next year. It was a good excuse to get dressed up, and no cooking today - bonus!:mrgreen:

Big wave to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, hello to you in Brooklyn. Oh no to losing gas to your building. Glad they patched it and hope it lasts until the main line is fixed. Isn’t is disgusting and surprising what you find under things that never get moved? When we got a new stove at our last house I was mortified at the mess and dust under there. I am excited for my new phone. I would have picked rose gold or gold if they had it but I don’t mind silver either. I got a clear blue case for it. If I decided on jewelry for Christmas it would have been a sapphire pendant to match my sapphire ring. Of course I always ask for peachy-pink sapphires or a larger ruby when I walk in the door. I love upgrades. I totally get what you are saying about neighbors and space. The lot we picked has a walking path on 2 sides of us and the other side ended up being a 3 story house so it spread up instead of out plus they opted for a 2 car garage so we have more space than most on all 3 sides of us. Woo hoo!

Junebug, I was undecided on which sapphire pendant I wanted and I don’t think we could get to Denver until a few days before Christmas. I am sure they stock will be well picked over by then. My birthday is in May and they are getting in all sorts of things for graduation gifts. My boss told me one appraisal took him over 4 hours. Moving back to our other company means new appraisals so I still have no idea what they look like. None of my employees have submitted their self appraisal yet (ooh there is a surprise). Are you still considering getting the Macan?

CJ, isn’t it nice when you find the colors that work in your house?

PierreBear, your swiss cake roll sounds great. I am glad the party went so well. I’d be horrible at the team building project to build ginger bread houses and it wouldn’t matter which side I was on - giving directions or actually doing it. Mm to s’mores. The friends who we had dinner with last week are spillers. She spilled 2 glasses of red wine on our dining room table that went straight to the floor and he spilled a beer all over the game we were playing. Now we have a padded plastic coated mat under our tablecloth. I also buy tablecloths that bead up liquids. I have more coasters in the living you than you can image and I am quite anal about people using them too. I’ll be able to research jewelry quicker on my new phone and take better bling pictures with it.

Austina, they had a purple case for the new iPhone. Is purple your favorite color? I am glad your friend has found a great guy and is enjoying life. I love happy endings and beginnings.

It was a typical December day in Wyoming. Bitter cold, very windy and blowing snow. We are expecting about 2 inches but the mountains are getting hammered tonight.

I have been freezing all day; maybe I’ll add an extra blanket on my side of the bed tonight. Stupid wind chill. Luckily I had a bowl of homemade soup ready to microwave for supper. It hit the spot.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
The gas is back on 2 days faster than anticipated woohoo. They came last night and most of us now have gas. We still don't have gas in the laundry room in our building but hopefully that will be turned on soon too.

Junie good morning. Hope your week is going well and that your holiday decorating is enjoyable.

Marcy Ooh a peach sapphire necklace OK I am on it! Size? Shape? Intensity of color? I have no clue about peachy sapphires so I am going to need guidance on this search...any NIRDIs care to join?
I am sorry you have been cold all day. Windy and cold in Wyoming BRrrr but at least Spring is only a few (long) months away...we need a brrr emoji here don't you think? One that has a scarf and wind blowing and a cold expression on the face. Wait here it is!
east%20coast%20psers.gif

Blue is my favorite color and I love that you got a blue case for your silver iPhone Marcy. What was the homemade soup you enjoyed last night? I love thick hot soup for winter days.Yummm.
What are your employees waiting for with their self appraisals?
Your house is in a good area with space and not on top of neighbors but not in a remote location. Perfect spot.

Austina glad you had a lovely lunch with your friend Sue and congrats on her upcoming marriage. So exciting to be marrying the love of one's life and yes it does change everything. Proof that change indeed can be a wonderful experience. Good stress vs bad stress. Your sigmoidoscopy description was good Austina and not too explicit and thank you for sharing. Those things don't make me queasy having my science background and I appreciate the detail so I know what I am in for should I ever decide I need to have one. Most likely I would opt for a colonoscopy however as in the US that is more common than sigmoidoscopy I believe. At least in my area.

I don't think I knew that a regular pap smear saved you. I might have forgotten. If you are in the mood could you share some details? Do you get a pap smear every 3 years or more frequently? My Ob/Gyn friend gets hers every year because even though the findings show every 3 years is 100% safe she told me it makes more sense to get one every year and I do agree with her if you can do it. Just in case the lab misses something one year it increases the odds they will find a problem in a more timely fashion. But insurance companies really don't want to pay for that.

PierreBear your swiss cake roll sounds so good and kudos to you for coming so far. The course is intense and you have gone through lots of tests and almost done. Do you think there are future cooking/baking classes to come for you? Sounds like you have a real talent for it and I hope you pursue it if you are loving it. I am sure Ian is benefiting from the fruits of your labor and I know it doesn't suck to be the taste tester lol. Good luck on the rest of the exams!

CJ hi there. Did you get your eye issue checked out?
I think I am going to restart my closet purging today and cannot wait to just get started again as that is one of the hardest parts. Just diving in and getting rid of stuff we don't wear. Hope your purge is going well.

Hi Sharon hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying beautiful white snow (I think you love the snow if I remember correctly) and a lovely holiday season.

Have a good Thursday girls!
dancing_penguin.gif

and remember...
rockon2.gif

P

PierreBear

Hello! Happy Thursday! Slept really well yesterday and probably didn’t even move an inch, being buried under 3 blankets. We don’t use the heat on at night as we feel too dried out so we go with the heavy blanket method with a cat that likes to snuggle as well.

At work, one of our vendors sent a gift box filled with goodies and edible treats. Ohhh it’s so hard not to keep snacking on it. Of course, anything chocolate covered gets snatched up first. Luckily, I’m a lover of chocolates and gummy items. I feel like such a kid when I eat gummy things shaped in fish or rings but it’s addicting. Arg… so hard to stay discipline this time of year.

Anyone have any new years resolutions? I usually try to think of something and do it for a bit of time and it fades.

Hope everyone is doing well! Be well!

@Austina – Good friends of ours to take off shoes. It’s part of my culture to take shoes off (sign of respect, example when you enter a temple etc) but the average Texan likes to keep their boots on and traverse around the house. Haha… I do my best to ignore it but I know half the time I’m paying attention to their conversation and other times I’m thinking about how dirty things are getting. Now though, I’m just more assertive and ask people to take their shoes off but we couldn’t have done it for the party. With 30 people, there would have been a mess of 60 shoes laying around and it wouldn’t have made sense as it was an indoor/outdoor party. I always take my shoes off when I enter a person’s home even if they ask me to keep them on. I feel more comfortable without!

Woo hoo on getting dressed up and no cooking! Repeat it again this weekend please!

@marcy – OHHhHhh I’m cringing as I’m reading about the spilled red wine. I guess it must have been a really fun game though to get people riled up.

Yum to homemade soup. It’s chilly over here so I think I’m going to try out a new recipe this weekend to keep us warm.

@missy – Thanks for your kind words about cooking/baking. I really don’t have a talent for it as I naturally just have little accidents or it doesn’t turn out perfect. There is another student in class and he’s gifted and he is the type of person to practice the night before the exam. Me? I’ll only bake something for fun and when there is time so I’m not at that level. Next semester I’m enrolled to take an intermediate culinary class. I think they take basic recipes and you have to put a twist on it. Ummm not my forte. Following a recipe is hard enough as it is. However, I’ve had the instructor before and he’s great, patient, and very understanding that I’m doing it for fun.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI :

Missy--I was wrong. The big dump of snow has melted....we are enjoying 10 C temps---which is really lovely in the foothills/mountains!

Rainwood--I am very happy for your closet clear out! I find cleaning up/clearing out therapeutic--cuz it like it tidy! Good luck on the garage.

Shout out to all the folks here. I've been working a lot which means running around on errands the next two days...and there a re parties....

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oddly enough, patients would often bring cakes, biscuits and chocolates in to the surgery at Christmas @PierreBear I always thought they were trying to rot our teeth so that we experienced some of the torture they went through :lol: I never had any of them, Guy usually ate more of them than anyone else.

I hope it hasn’t been too cold today @marcy, that wind chill factor really makes a difference. Did you get any snow today? Our day started really wet and miserable. Yes, purple is my fav colour, I have accents around the house, buy by no means a purple palace :D

Glad the snow has melted @canuk-gal and the temperatures have risen.

Woohoo to the gas being back on @missy always a bonus to be sooner rather than later.

Please skip over the next bit if you’re squeamish :mrgreen2:

When I was 29 I had an abnormal smear test. I had to go for a retest, and they discovered that the cells were in the pre cancerous stage. I then had to have a cone biopsy (they remove a cone shaped piece of the cervix). After that I had to have a smear every year to ensure there were no more abnormal cells. When I was 40ish, the OB/GYN told me that if I hadn’t had the regular smears when I was young, the cells would’ve developed into full blown cancer and I’d have been terminal by then :shock: A couple of years ago, the OB/GYN said I could go back to 3 yearly tests as I’d been clear for so long. Hopefully, I won’t have to have too many more as the last one was excruciating.

We had our boiler serviced today (furnace) and the good news is everything is fine and working well, and should be good for several more years.

Nearly the weekend, who has plans?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, woo hoo that the gas is back on already. I want a peach sapphire for a ring sometime, my cognac sapphire is kind of a brown peach color but I want a pink-peach sometime. Pad like but not Pad price. That blowing emoti looks like it was made for Wyoming. I printed out a sunrise/sunset calendar today. We are having our earliest sunsets right now (through early next week) then it’s a minute earlier for the next few days. I’m a blue girl too; probably why most of my clothes are blue, my car is blue and I love sapphires so much. How are your hands doing? Did you get a break on your co-pay? My soup was the beef noodle vegetable from this weekend.

PierreBear, I would be whining about sleeping without the heat on. Reminds me of camping. I slept in sweats, a hat, mittens and slippers all under 3 heavy blankets. This time of year is difficult to resist treats. I like chocolate or gum drops especially orange slices. I’m opposite of you about shoes; I prefer people leave their shoes on because I worry about someone slipping and falling on the wooden floor with their socks. My friends are just spillers; they trashed our trivial pursuit game that night too from spilling on it but they bought us a new one. Good idea to make some soup this weekend since it’s chilly there. Your culinary class next semester will be fun.

Sharon, have fun at parties and don’t work too much.

Austina, all the goodies that show up at work this time of year are hard to resist. I was just thinking today about these great cookies made with Oreo;s, cream cheese and frosting. The guy who brought them in from his wife retired. They were delicious. I feels like 16 now and I am chilly here by the window. I need to start hogging the couch. Purple is a great color. Glad they caught those cells in the pre-cancerous stage and that’s great you can go longer between tests now. Woo hoo your furnace is good to go.

I was just asking Marty if he heard the wind outside and he said yes. So then I informed him tomorrow’s forecast says “very windy” so I wonder WTH that’s going to be like?

I got one appraisal done and submitted today. I should be able to wrap up a second one in the morning. I am hoping my boss doesn’t kick them back to me. We will see.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam rang yesterday afternoon (there) to say it was snowing, and left a message overnight that the schools are closed today :shock:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

Snow is coming here as well Austina and due to arrive early tomorrow AM and predicted to last through the weekend at this time. Hello winter and you are a few weeks early!

Sharon glad your snow has melted and you are enjoying not extreme temps or weather.
1237378tapy7m6a6j.gif
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif

Enjoy your upcoming parties. Tis the time of year.
martini.gif
Party%20for%20Skippy.gif

Marcy that is interesting about the sunsets being earliest right about now. I remember you shared sunset/sunrise info months ago and I was surprised about that and here I am again surprised LOL. All I know is I wake up and it's still dark and finally the sun rises but bam it seems to become dark very quickly again. Ahhh those short December days.

Glad you liked my Brrrrr emoji. Here's another one. I wish PS could get make these more easily accessible but I am enjoying trying to copy and paste them here anyway and amusing myself. Hope others are enjoying these.
427842brwiji848d.gif

Your peach sapphire plans sound perfectly peachy pretty. Whenever someone says Pad I think of that Thai dish. LOL.
We are Blue babies. I love purple too and when I was a little kid purple was my favorite color. I had a bedroom of purple shy carpet, purple flower ceiling wall paper and purple comforter etc. It was the 70s after all.

No break on insurance copays or their covering of meds I need or services I need. We are on our own. That's OK as long as we can afford it I have made peace with it. The system is unfair to people in our income bracket no doubt but the middle class is used to getting screwed that way. It's just worse now. I shudder to think how much worse it will be getting.

Hahaha yes I wonder WTH the "very windy" forecast will bring for you if it means windier than the day before. I feel you on the wind as the beach can pack powerful winds as well and while it can be pretty and soothing when the winds get wild it is more scary than not cause I think what's going to fall down,break or g-d forbid hurt the feral kitties outside.

Yummm to the Oreos with Cream Cheese. Never tried that or even heard of that before you mentioned it but it sounds like it deserves further investigation.;-)

Good luck with the rest of your appraisals Marcy and I too hope that your boss appreciates them and doesn't ask for more work to be done with them.

PierreBear your love of baking and cooking as a hobby sounds perfect and I think you are too modest.
grinNbrew.gif

pizza.gif
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

You have skillz girl and I know you do. I am glad your instructor is cool with your reason for being in class and not everyone is going to go on and do this as their livelihood so good for you for pursuing something you enjoy just because you enjoy it. Yumm to goodies at work.
And bonjour to you know what. Hehehe. Cannot wait for upcoming goodies that have nothing to do with being edible.8-)

No New Year's Resolutions for us. I don't believe in them as I try to do what's best all year long and make internal resolutions any time of year that I feel it is necessary if that makes sense. IMO NYE and New Year resolutions puts too much pressure on people and sets them up for failure in many cases. Too artificial and too forced. But I am ready to do what I have to any time of the year to improve things if that makes sense.

Austina thank goodness they caught the abnormal cells and were able to take proper care of you and your health and you are in the clear and doing well. Do you have a show called Second Opinion? I love that show and last night I was watching the developments on Immunotherapy with metastatic cancer. The results were amazing and I just hope the USA FDA approves this soon for all cancers and other diseases because right now it is only available for a limited population and it has the potential to literally save millions of people.

Things move too slowly much of the time and when one's life is on the line it would be nice to see that red tape cut through if you kwim. Anyway thank you for sharing your story and the details.
And I am so happy you are A-OK. (((Hugs))).

Glad your furnace has been given the all clear and will be good for years to come.

Greg left earlier to pick up our backsplash tiles (100 sq feet) and bring it to the beach and fill the feeders for the ferals and go to Coston and in the middl of all that he is taking a CC at the beach house and then hopefully heading home before too late. I am tired just thinking about all he has to do today. I am staying here where it is warm and comfortable and doing some closet cleaning perhaps. I went to start the closet project yesterday and LOL the 2 closets I planned to do were already decluttered from the last surge of decluttering power I had come over me and I just plain forgot. Shows you how often I go into those closets LOL. I have many closets filled with clothes here. So today I might venture into the exercise room closets as I know for a fact I haven't gone to those closets in many many years. I am sort of scared to see what is in them.

Have a wonderful Friday girls and stay warm and cozy!
slider_grouphugg.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Your post looks so happy and fun with all the emojis missy ::)

Just a quick check in right now with some random answers and thoughts because I need to leave soon and then I'm meeting a friend for breakfast.

You know what's fun when it happens during redecorations? When you find something at Home Goods or Marshalls that you actually like better than something you paid double for at Pottery Barn. :razz: So I have some things to return to PB.

Haven't made eye Dr. appointment yet because the website to find a provider is STILL down. Or it was as of late last night. I'll check again later.

Every day I realize how there are few things as tough to do as communicating. Conversations can be so fragile and derail so quickly, even in small ways. I had a conversation with someone last night and I left it feeling unsettled. It was going well at first but then someone walked in the room and instead of listening to my instincts and cutting the conversation short I didn't, for fear of offending the person/making them think I didn't trust them. The person being there changed the dynamics and the person's energy I was speaking with changed too. I hate this feeling of things possibly having been misunderstood and unsaid.

Anyway what a weird post LOL

Just wanted to say hi will check in better later.

Have a GREAT Friday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ! I get what you are saying re communication and the fragility of relationships too.

Good morning NIRDIs!

Your post looks so happy and fun with all the emojis missy ::)

Just a quick check in right now with some random answers and thoughts because I need to leave soon and then I'm meeting a friend for breakfast.

You know what's fun when it happens during redecorations? When you find something at Home Goods or Marshalls that you actually like better than something you paid double for at Pottery Barn. :razz: So I have some things to return to PB.

Haven't made eye Dr. appointment yet because the website to find a provider is STILL down. Or it was as of late last night. I'll check again later.

Every day I realize how there are few things as tough to do as communicating. Conversations can be so fragile and derail so quickly, even in small ways. I had a conversation with someone last night and I left it feeling unsettled. It was going well at first but then someone walked in the room and instead of listening to my instincts and cutting the conversation short I didn't, for fear of offending the person/making them think I didn't trust them. The person being there changed the dynamics and the person's energy I was speaking with changed too. I hate this feeling of things possibly having been misunderstood and unsaid.

Anyway what a weird post LOL

Just wanted to say hi will check in better later.

Have a GREAT Friday!

The biggest cause of upset in any relationship is IMO another's unwillingness to communicate fully and/or clearly if you kwim. I just went through something odd and I really don't know what is wrong and cannot shake the feeling this person thinks I did something wrong just because of the way communication was sort of cut off and ignored. I feel badly and hope that whatever it is isn't serious and I cannot help in any way if I am cut off. And I get that sometimes one wants to take care of things on their own and not share with others and I am completely AOK with that. But if that person also cuts off all communication without any explanation I cannot help but feel badly and feel like does that person think I did something wrong? I feel like there is a misunderstanding going on but again I don't know and I cannot read minds. Oh but if I could. I know I am making no sense LOL but since you shared some random thoughts it made me want to too.

Please take care of that eye appointment CJ. Sending you good thoughts and (((HUGS))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ i agree. Communication can be so fraught! It is a wonder things funxtin at all haha
There is so much here to respond to this morning!
Dont know where to start.

Smow here too!!!!! I hope I hope

I hope yu all are enjoying my typos.

Missy yu know wheret o sen d your castoffs, right?
That includes any bling, but I'm sure yu already thought fi that.
Any ratty old SW boots yuo want to toss lol

I had blurred vision in one eye...small panic. Turns out i finally need glasses. So psyched to see what distance lenses with filter for night driving will do. Also getting my first ever big girl reading glasses after 20;years of drug store specs that breakin a week.
Let’s see...also bought a 1909 wide gold wedding band on etsy, and tada, am having my asschr set this week in a temp setting chosen for its chunky shape and double prongs...asked for.unplated white gold with matt finish And proportions customized.
Nothing too exciting for PS, but to be able to finally wear the diamond!
B4C735C1-B784-4D46-9D82-FA2265B67539.png

Back in a while with actial reasponses and spell checked too!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ i had a long time friend, my
best friend here, act weird for about a year. When i tried to find out what was wrong she told me i knew full well and we could never be friends sgain. I still don't know what happened, and as Missy will attest (i hope) i am a gentle person who is probably too careful with people, so what happened?!
People are weird and crazy and project all sorts of things on others. All we can do is be kind, even when others bug the gell of out of us, and at least that way we know we are holding uo our end?
But I fail in communication as well...
My sister voted for T and i could not bring myself to have a converstaion with her for almost
a year. She never knew what was wrong. Me bad. And cowardly. I could not tell her, as she is very aggressive and would go off on a rant about his virtues and my stupidity, so i just told her i had not been feeling well.
Haha that’s the truth. I have not been feeling well since the election!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ i had a long time friend, my
best friend here, act weird for about a year. When i tried to find out what was wrong she told me i knew full well and we could never be friends sgain. I still don't know what happened, and as Missy will attest (i hope) i am a gentle person who is probably too careful with people, so what happened?!
People are weird and crazy and project all sorts of things on others. All we can do is be kind, even when others bug the gell of out of us, and at least that way we know we are holding uo our end?
But I fail in communication as well...
My sister voted for T and i could not bring myself to have a converstaion with her for almost
a year. She never knew what was wrong. Me bad. And cowardly. I could not tell her, as she is very aggressive and would go off on a rant about his virtues and my stupidity, so i just told her i had not been feeling well.
Haha that’s the truth. I have not been feeling well since the election!

Sweet dear Jimmianne Yes of course I can and will attest to the fact that you are sweet, gentle and kind. And careful too which is a trait I lack sadly because I can be headstrong and react immediately and then regret my reaction where you are a more thoughtful soul.

People can be weird and none of us perfect. But I do remember what you went through and yes that was all on her. The thing is how is one supposed to know what one is going through if the other doesn't at least say...I am going through something that has nothing to do with you so know we are OK and I will be back when I am ready. As just an example.

As for not feeling well since the election I hear you. And that is why I have divorced myself from all the political proceedings and current events.
BS-Meter.gif

Too troubling, too upsetting and too overwhelming for me to handle. Since I know I always vote and will continue to do so I don't think it critical to abuse myself by watching the news/reading the paper right now. I am in self protective cocoon mode and that is how I have to be for now re the political goings on. I am overwhelmed.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

hugs000001.gif

P

PierreBear

It did unexpectedly snow yesterday! I was in the kitchen cooking when I heard a knock on my door. It was my sweet neighbor and her son telling me that it was snowing. I had no idea… it was dark outside and didn’t notice anything. You are right though @Austina ! Few inches of snow and then schools canceled. I’m still at work though…. Roads were just fine.

By the way NIRDI ladies, do ya’ll share an Amazon account with your DH? I ordered him a jacket which wasn’t too much of a surprise because I was asking about color preferences etc but forgot that it will send him a text once it is ordered! Hahaha… so much for being secretive. How do ya’ll do shopping and keeping it a surprise?

Hope ya’ll have a great weekend!

@Austina – Thanks for sharing your work story as well. I’m guessing this is a dentist office? So the moral of the story is to make sure you don’t have the biggest sweet tooth at work? As long as someone eats more than you then you still feel good about splurging. : )

What a scary experience to go through at age 29. I’m glad the smears are back to normal. What a blessing!

@marcy – I like the heaviness of the blankets on me too! A 15 lb cat is too heavy for me though… I can’t do it. Haha!

Ah, I haven’t thought about people slipping with socks on. Our downstairs is tiles and there isn’t a reason for people to go upstairs since it’s only bedrooms and an office so I haven’t been worried about it.

Yummm to the beef noodle vegetable. What type of veggies do you put in?

@missy – Good attitude on trying to do the best all year long. I know it’s not anything to force on yourself but I try to pick something achievable that might started a slightly better habit. One year was writing a letter to grandma once a month. I think that one was the only I successfully accomplished. Still not sure about 2018 yet. My goodness, I can’t believe another year has almost passed.

Your emoticons are hilarious!

Good luck on the closet cleanse! Maybe you will find some Christmas goodies that Greg hid for you there. Haha!

@Jimmianne – Can’t wait to see that ring on your finger. Very exciting!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PBear, thanks for the inspiration to start thinking about New Years vows.
Yours of writing to your Gram was wonderful. I’m sure it meant the world to her.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, Greg’s got a really busy day @missy I hope he got to the beach house and back, with all the errands done before the snow hits. The front that’s going to hit you is heading across the Atlantic and will hit us Sun/Mon. Hopefully we’ll escape it, but it’s going to be bitterly cold. It’s only been 4 degs today and feels cold enough already.

A peachy sapphire sounds lovely @marcy I don’t think I’ve ever seen one, I’ve seen some meh pads, but as you say, they’re ultra expensive. It’ll be fun looking and sourcing exactly what you want. Another bling project to live vicariously through :lol: Keep safe and warm.

I love that setting @Jimmianne it’ll allow Mildred to really strut her stuff without competing with her.

We arrived in Austin after a cruise one year @PierreBear and it was snowing, our cab driver was from NY and he said he was going to have a busy night as he was the only one who knew how to drive in it. All the Texans had gone home :D It took Adam 5 hours to drive home from Houston that night because of all the accidents.

I’m the opposite, I don’t like sleeping under blankets, even in the winter I only had a 1 tog duvet, and if it’s really cold, a thin quilted throw. The only consolation of being hot stuff :lol:

Hi @CJ2008 hope you enjoyed your meet up with your friend this morning.

We’re off early tomorrow for our last beach walk of the year, it’s going to be bitter, but we want to go as we’ll be seeing Anne who’ll be looking after Dottie when we’re on the cruise. She has 3 Spins of her own, and her youngest is always desperate to be Dottie’s friend, but she’s not interested.
We got to the pub for lunch after the walk, and the dogs come too :mrgreen:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, thanks for the good comment about the setting. Of course, as a dedicated PSer, it seems a little anticlimatic to go with a stock setting, but I am anticipating being happy with it.
The snow is really coming down here making everyone in a festive modd. It was lovely to be out and about in the village.
Now home with tons of groceries, a series to watch and a new book to read.
“Pretending to be snowed in”.
Looking forward to the NIRDI weather reports : )

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @Jimmianne I really like the setting. At heart, I prefer simple, especially when you have such a perfect stone. My ring is a total departure for me, I just wanted something that I’d never normally choose.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, what is the bling factor like in your area?
Here In the rural South, I see quite a few diamond wedding rings but even a one carat ring would be an exception, and in France I have literally only seen one woman, English, wearing a diamond and it was perhaps 1/3 carat...there seems to be a taboo against any display of wealth.

Good morning snow people! Awaiting your weather reports.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
glasses_hand2.gif

PierreBear so sweet you wrote a letter to your grandma every month for a year. I miss my grandma and used to see her every single week while she was alive. I was just thinking about my grandparents early this AM and feeling blue about them being gone. My grandma died in 1992 and she never even knew Greg or got to meet her great grandchildren. She would have so loved that.

We do share an Amazon (and ebay and paypal etc) account. We don't keep secrets of any kind from each other anymore and there are no surprise gifts. On purpose. Both of us too picky for surprise gifts. LOL sorry if that sounds unromantic but I look at it as the opposite. We are being super romantic to let go of that control and allow each other to get exactly what they want to get if that makes sense.
1618626e2tat6mv78.gif

(Glad you are enjoying the emoticons!)

Jimmianne we are predicted to get about 6" here and more at the shore. Coming later this morning. It's going to be cold here for a while. Brrrr
427842brwiji848d.gif

Did we miss your morning weather update?
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif
1899472kzungnrber.gif

Austina hope you enjoyed your last walk of the season on the beach. I hope Greg and I can still manage a lovely walk on the beach before 2018 arrives. I love the beach off season. Glad you have someone trustworthy to take care of your sweet Dottie while you are on the cruise.
1854526ox0046p8do.gif

CJ hope you enjoyed spending time with your friend.
1901762tay6wr2i1r.gif

Not sure of our plans today but I have to go out in the thick of the storm as it is the first storm of the season. Cannot miss the first snow yanno. Enjoy this Caturday Saturday ladies!
1458194p0bftbwlvx.gif
sparkle.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg picked up our backsplash yesterday. Here's a few of the tiles in the beach kitchen. That isn't our countertop sample under it but an older sample we got last year but for the sake of comparison/contrast against the marble tiles I am including it. I think it will be a nice contrast. But again with my visualizing challenges I can only guess and time will tell. I have always liked gray with white so hopefully this won't be the exception.

marblebacksplashtiles.jpg

Off to get another cup of coffee.
tea_cup.gif
See y'all later.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it’s going to be beautiful. I am so excited for you that the process has begun in reality. That means after a little annoyance, of course, voila! Your dream realized.
And happily, the cookie making will commence!

Cold and wet here, more snow expected today. But nothing like where you are.

Oh...wanted to add that I’ve found another piece of the “poor sleep” puzzle, hopefully.
After more internet research, I tried Magnesium tabs before bed the last two nights. Slept over 7 hours both nights!! Up from anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 hours. No wonder I was living in a fog the past couple of years.
Fingers crossed that I’m approaching a new and healthier norm for sleep.
I might start a thread to get a conversation going. I can't be the only PSer who suffers from sleep deprivation.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it’s going to be beautiful. I am so excited for you that the process has begun in reality. That means after a little annoyance, of course, voila! Your dream realized.
And happily, the cookie making will commence!

Cold and wet here, more snow expected today. But nothing like where you are.

Oh...wanted to add that I’ve found another piece of the “poor sleep” puzzle, hopefully.
After more internet research, I tried Magnesium tabs before bed the last two nights. Slept over 7 hours both nights!! Up from anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 hours. No wonder I was living in a fog the past couple of years.
Fingers crossed that I’m approaching a new and healthier norm for sleep.
I might start a thread to get a conversation going. I can't be the only PSer who suffers from sleep deprivation.

Just for you sweet Jimmianne. Our first snow. Just starting. Can you see the beginning flakes? Supposed to continue throughout the day and pick up by noon. Expecting half a foot here and more at the beach. Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy.
I am glad the magnesium is helping you. I don’t know if you remember we shared it here a long way back. Doctors best magnesium. I think I will increase my dosage as I’m only taking 400mg. What dose and what form are you taking? And no, I think sleep deprivation for whatever reason is more the norm than the exception at least among us psers. Wishing you continued sleep success!

AF399E1D-D3EA-4B22-B826-057ADB5CD72D.jpeg

Junie are you getting any snow?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok coming down more heavily. Tried snapping a photo while I’m on my arc trainer. Lol. Can you see the difference? Sorry for the action shot while I’m in motion :bigsmile:

D0D47909-E734-4C88-97DB-DE4EC85852AB.jpeg

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Greg picked up our backsplash yesterday. Here's a few of the tiles in the beach kitchen. That isn't our countertop sample under it but an older sample we got last year but for the sake of comparison/contrast against the marble tiles I am including it. I think it will be a nice contrast. But again with my visualizing challenges I can only guess and time will tell. I have always liked gray with white so hopefully this won't be the exception.

marblebacksplashtiles.jpg

Off to get another cup of coffee.
tea_cup.gif
See y'all later.

I think the colors go together perfectly!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Missy--
I love the backsplash tiles! So beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results