shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Springer :wavey: Finn and Maggie send best regards to Clyde,although honestly if I were Clyde I would keep an eye on that Scottish b*tc#! That diamond and ruby band, I love it especially for all the round stones with the EC center stone. Oliver Smith Jeweler in Scottsdale, lovely shopping experience!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Kristie! I hope you had a fabulous day. :wavey:
Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 7.32.00 PM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, The new band is gorgeous!!! Happy Birthday my dear friend!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm with Kristie, that ring would be look stunning with a black outfit. Talk about making the green pop. Your ring is beautiful! Your northern lights picture is stunning.

Scandi, I'm sorry about your morning. Ice and cars just don't seem to go well together. There is a lot of farm land near where I live and often in the winter we get black ice. There are always cars in the ditch. Not fun. The picture of your living room is beautiful. Thank you for posting pictures!

Springer spaniel, I hear you on the plastic surgery. There are days I think so what if it's supposed to be extremely painful LOL. I remember years ago being sick and home from work one day and was watching TV. Dr Phil made a remark that "after you hit 50 aging isn't a gradual thing. It comes at you like a freight train". Yeah he definitely wasn't kidding.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, I know a lot of companies have done away with appraisals; sadly mine hasn’t. They are kind of pointless because it takes so long to go all the way up the food chain we give them about 5 months after they are written. I quit wearing makeup too. I don’t like the feel of it on my face and getting mascara off is such a pain and I hate getting it all over a washcloth. Now that I have that issue with my left eye I think it’s best I not rub on it anyway.

Scandi, they just sung it’s the most wonderful time of the year on TV. I am watching the show where they are going to light the tree in Rockefeller center. Oh no to the car deciding to take off on it’s own today. How awful. Your fireplace livingroom looks fabulous.

Missy, we are having a company holiday party this year on December 9th. I never RSVP’d though because I kept forgetting to see if Marty was going to be in town that day. Is Greg’s office having a party this year? I am glad you had fun visiting with your friend yesterday and got to check out some white countertops. I am glad your friend is enjoying life but hate to hear she and her DH aren’t in contact anymore. Great birthday poem for Kristie.

Junebug, I really dread writing appraisals but I like to do unpleasant things as soon as possible. Probably why I tackle dishes the minute i walk in the door. I hope the new owners accept your choice for the furnace. I haven’t done hardly any shopping for Christmas yet and I sure need to get some things figured out. I got the eclipse photo gifts and that’s about it.

PierreBear, a book has to grab my attention too or I won’t finish it. I agree about books with too many characters. I used to read a lot of the Clancy novels and that is why I quit reading them. He’d mention someone on page 20 and not again until page 400 and I’d have to dig back through the book and find out who they were. His novels are huge too. Your piece is art not food. It looks really cool and how fun to play with something like that. Your doodles look great to me. Marty bought some books but I don’t remember which ones he got.

Austina, I don’t wear my tsavorite as much as I wear my sapphire rings or EC RHR. Maybe only once a month. But I do like it. I totally agree with you about Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher - no way is he tall enough or rough enough. Our house does look nice but we didn’t go all out. Our neighborhood has a contest every year that picks 3 houses for prizes. So some people really put up a lot of decorations. I picked up another Snoopy decoration today that Marty said he’ll put up this weekend. I like to ride around at night and look at decorated houses.

Kristie, Birthday Girl; your pizza looks great. Sorry it wasn’t your favorite place. Was your red velvet cupcake delicious? I love your new pink sapphire band and it looks great with your other rings. I am so glad Finn was back to his normal Westie self. How scary though. I really hate to hear about Maggie going after Finn again and Bob was a real hero there stopping her and getting his hand in her grip. I am sure the aurora you saw from Alaska was phenomenal. I have heard they have sound and from what you say it is kind of eerie. Good idea to wear the tsavorite with black or navy clothes.

Jimmianne, I do have some green clothes. I usually reach for blue though.

Springer, I bet the northern lights from Iceland were very impressive.

Callie, you and Kristie are right about the tsavorite with black clothes. It would be a good combination. Black ice is no fun; I am glad you don’t have to venture out in it. Sad but train that aging comes on like a freight train.
Thank you for all the compliments on my tsavorite ring. I got the tsavorite at the Tucson gem show a few years ago. I looked at every tsavorite in the place and this one was my favorite. My in-laws were bored out of their mind but Marty stuck with me at every booth.

I had a dental appointment this morning so stopped at a local hardware store afterwords because someone told me that had a cute Snoopy decoration for the yard. I naturally picked it up. It’s a red mailbox with Snoopy on top and the door opens with Woodstock inside. All of it is wrapped with Christmas lights. Marty said he’d put it out this weekend. I was going to do it myself but it said “some assembly required” so I decided to quit while I’m ahead.

I did one more appraisal today so have one more to go. Then I’ll review my notes for the year, tweak them and be ready to defend them to my boss. He is a glass half empty type of guy so I know he’ll kick some of them back to me. At least editing here and there isn’t as bad as starting from scratch.

I had assorted baggies for my lunch to make tacos. I was rather surprised when I got my lunch bag out to find only the hamburger inside. My shells, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes were all here at home on the counter. Phooey. So I had a little bowl of warmed up hamburger for lunch.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning girls!
Have been to the gym, and are now drinking coffee. So far so good, in other words.
Can't remember if I have showed you the guest room? Let me see if I can find a picture later on my phone. For now, let there be light: in the "attic" living room. Lights2.jpg

@missy, Wonderful outfit! Greg sure is handy!! My DH can't even find a needle and thread, let alone use them, LOL.

@marcy Fantastic green colour!! Oooooh yes - pair it with black :)

@Jimmianne, thank you so much! That really means a lot to me!

@Calliecake You are not old! It is what is inside that counts!

@springerspaniel Thank you!

@azstonie I like Maggie, she has attitude! LOL.

@LLJsmom Wish I could run like you! I hate running.... yikes! LOL

@PierreBear Read your comment in another thread, and just wanted to tell you that with all your training and being able to do a competition like that - I guarantee you that you look fantastic! Only thing you might be lacking to be super sexy is attitude! ;-)

@jaaron, Fly across the pond and come see the house!

@Austina I have seen your picture, you sell yourself waaaay to short!

Note re age: Most days, I think I look OK. Other days, I train hard, LOL. Some of those days, I think a shrink and cookies might be better than training. Either way - on such a day - as today - watch and behold what happened, LOL - a woman of approximately twice my age was at the gym - her face had some wrinkles but as seen in the locker room, she has a better body than me. So exercise helps. I refuse to age beyond 19 - inside and out. LOL. Age is just a number that I try to forget!

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Good morning friends! It was in the upper 40s this morning so feeling a bit chilly. My cat was hogging the space heater this morning while I was brushing my teeth. Kept getting toothpaste onto his fur but he didn’t mind. Hope everyone is doing well! Did some more doodling yesterday and connected with my father in law about it since he likes to do a little bit as well. Lucky me, I get to connect with him on cycling and also sketching if I keep up with it. Having a common interest seems to always be a good way to further a relationship. Need to find ways to connect with my sister in laws though! Anyhow, hope ya’ll have a great day!

@Austina – haha yes use someone else’s kitchen and their materials/ingredients too!

Oh my stay warm over there. Does Dottie mind the 4 degree weather or with a big bushy coat, she’s actually finds it perfect? I find dogs that wear sweaters/jackets very adorable but wasn’t sure if that was needed.

@azstonie – Yummm glad you got to celebrate with pizza and red velvet cupcake! Congrats on the stacker rings. So fun!

Haha… I got the Stevie Nicks reference! However, I need to brush up on it though I couldn’t tell you the hit songs.

Hope the pups get along with each other. Yikes sorry there has been more challenges.

@Jimmianne – Thanks for the tip on using a fountain pen. Making it bleed should be a lovely look. I really admire those who can use water colors as a medium. Love how that looks!

@springerspaniel – I think we already have hobbies in common though. Jewelry and pets! : )

@marcy – Glad you picked up another snoopy memorabilia. I bet it will look great once you put it gtogether! Sorry you forgot part of your lunch at home. It always pains me to leave a meal at home because I don’t really enjoy going out to eat unplanned so I resort to back up ramen that I leave at work. I love ramen but feel guilty since there isn’t anything nutritional about it.

@Scandinavian – Lovely house update. Is it the same light fixture throughout your house or do they all differ a bit but are in the same look? How are the training goals with your personal trainer? I hear you are on your way to becoming Jessica Alba. Oh I thought of you the other day. I was at the gym and saw a lady with the most perfect physique and she was doing these really incredible hand stands that required much strength but she did it with ease and grace. I just had to go up to her and compliment her. Turns out she was a full time model/fitness model. Well at least I know they work hard just like the average person, spending time in the gym.

Haha I’ll work on the attitude sass part. I’m really a shy person that takes a long time to transition but I’ve gotten there. I just started wearing make up in my late 20s. I used to think that black eye liner was too much of statement and only wore brown. Now brown seems too understated and I only wear black now. I also avoided bold colors like red but now have 2 red dresses in my wardrobe. I’m getting there! I struggle with confidence but it’s coming along as I get older and more comfortable with myself. I just don’t want to get too comfortable with rings though…. DH doesn’t need me saying I can go bolder and go bigger. Hahaha! : )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, again i will say i love the look of your classic lighting with the rustic beams and walls.
(And arched windows).

PierreB, I agree with Scandi about attitude. I wish I’d had the confidence when i was younger and actually looked good. Now i have attitude to go with my wrinkles and feel much sexier than when i Really Was! LOL i KNOW i look good :dance: ha...did i mention i have poor lighting at all the mirrors in my house??
BTW i saw a woman in her 90’s yesterday who was freakin gorgeous and had to tell her. Well groomed and dressed, and gracious. Granted she had great bone structure , but with her attitude, even the prominent blue veins at her temples were part of her beauty.
You posted while i was writing this to you. I like your attitude !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie Christmas gifts are arriving already OMG. I am so glad we don't really do the whole gifts thing. Too much stress for me. And the USPS mail has been terrible lately. Truly awful. Even 2 day priority gets here late and the regular mail forget. Truly snail mail this time of year. But truth be told things in the mail have been delayed even all summer now that I think about it. Not kidding. My birthday cards postmarked August 3rd arrived end of August. From same state. I have noticed a downward trend in the postal services at least in NYC. Hope your gift shopping and wrapping is going smoothly and glad the other stuff is behind you!

Scandi love your new home pics. So elegant and glamorous yet rustic. Just delicious IMO. And those lights. LOVE.

PierreBear that is a work of art! Love it.
I say go for your artistic desires. The friend I was talking about above has been pursuing her artistic dream now since she retired and every day is filled with art classes and artistic endeavors and she is loving the heck out of it. She even exhibited at the Brooklyn Museum of Art right near us. Impressive and I think you should go for it as well. NO need to wait till retirement and as your cooking class abilities show you are definitely artistically inclined. You go girl!

Austina wow it is cold by you. I just purchased a few more mittens and man they are huge but they are warm. Black Diamond Mercury Mitt, Marmot expedition mitt and Dakine Sequoia Mitt. I am ready for the winter weather Mitted up and all. Hope you are staying warm and that Snood is helping you stay cozy. Do your sweet doggies have warm weather gear too?

Kristie thank you and so glad you had a lovely birthday yesterday and that pizza looks good! Leftovers today? I prefer pizza the day after cold from the fridge. Yummmm. Greg would be more than happy to help you. Just video chat him in and I bet you could be an expert on that machine in no time! Love your rose gold band and I am happy to help bringing you to the eternity side of things. It's the only way to go. No worrying about moving rings and asymmetrical shifts. It's bling all around all the time. Yesssssss!

Jimmianne the earrings arrived yesterday afternoon. Will have to take some quick pics for you. I was busy online shopping this AM so didnt get a chance to do anything yet LOL. Hope you are staying warm. What are your holiday plans?
I agree with you and Scandi. Beauty is ageless and I think the most beautiful women are the ones who allow themselves to age naturally and gracefully and don't fight it every step of the way. Being content and at peace with oneself goes a long way in feeling and being beautiful IMO. Of course as with all things there is no universal right or wrong and YMMV and don't want to offend anyone with my thoughts. This is just for me and what I think.

Marcy I think the tsavorite would look amazing with blue. I love blue and green together so much. Even better than green and black. IMO. But you cannot go wrong as green is almost a neutral these days and goes with almost anything. But blue and green is one of my favorite combinations. December 9th for your holiday party that seems right on par with holiday party timing. I hope Marty will be there so he can attend with you. I don't think there is anything special this year for Greg's firm. They have a staff party but the grand party at the Museum of Natural history is only every few years. Thank goodness. I am not a big party person as you might remember and prefer staying at home just the two of us. I don't love crowds or small talk with strangers or people I barely know. Hahaha I am such a scrooge and bah humbugger. Sorry girls! It's just not in my DNA to enjoy these things. Your new Snoopy decoration for your yard sounds fantastic and I cannot wait to see photos of it. Good idea letting Marty put it together. Hope your dental appointment went well yesterday.

SpringerSpaniel aww thanks so much. So kind of you to say. I don't feel elegant in bike shorts :lol:but I gladly accept your compliment. The jacket is leather. I keep resolving to stop purchasing leather and was weak. Still haven't decided if I am keeping it so maybe I will be strong and return it and purchase no more leather. I was good re boots and haven't purchased any this holiday season yet despite temptations.

So I spent much of the day yesterday pouring through backsplashes for our kitchen and I think I am getting close to what I want. Problem is our contractor but we will make it happen.

Also I cannot believe it but I missed my mammo and ultrasound last year. As in forgot to make an appointment as when I called yesterday they said it had been 2 years since my last ultrasound/sonogram and mammogram. I was dumbfounded as I could have sworn I went last winter. But I didn't. Ugh! Now I cannot get an appointment till end of January 2018 and I am a bit nervous because it has been 2 years and well never having children and being Jewish puts me at slightly greater risk for certain health conditions and I just don't know what the heck happened to my brain. That is the more worrisome issue. I cannot remember anything important these days! :wall:

Sharing some quick favorite backsplash ideas. The Blue and white original inspiration has fallen by the wayside in favor of my new gray and white fave. Thoughts?

grayandwhitebacksplash.jpg

gray-and-white-kitchen-13.jpg

This one is my favorite but I cannot source it and it looks like it will be too difficult to get even if we can since we are trying to find something our contractor has at his store or has with a participating store. I like how fluid it is and minimal grout lines. I hate grout.
grayandwhitebacksplash.jpeg

I also love this one. Gray and white honed marble. I would be very happy to get something like this for our backsplash. I think it will go beautifully with the white shaker cabinets and white Thassos quartz from European.

grayhonedcarraramarblebacksplash.jpg

OK a quick photo for Jimmianne. Sorry Greg left for work and this was the best I could do.
Ugh I keep trying to download the pics I just took and no luck. OK must run so will reshare this photo I already shared for now. Sorry, technology doesn't love me!::)

oecclusterantiquedangles.jpg

Have a wonderful Thursday girls!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha Jimmianne I’d be happy to. Now let me just see if I can find something to ship them in. Darn nothing. Oh well I tried. :cheeky:

On another more serious note I’m apologizing in advance as I don’t think we will be able to bake Christmas cookies this year. With the kitchen renovation starting January 2nd and all we have to do before then I just don’t see it happening. We will bake more next year for you girls. LLJSmom please send my sincerest apologies to your sweet LL. I really am sorry but we will make it up to her ok? Hugs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all -

Missy, I’ve gone too long between doctor’s appointments too (longer than 2 years, I’m embarrassed to admit). I was particularly bad during the years I was handling my mother’s heathcare. Time just goes by so fast. Tomorrow is December 1, yikes. The end of January will be here before you know it. The holidays and the kitchen reno will be a good distraction too. These days that’s how I’m dealing with stress, by distracting myself with other things. It’s probably not a healthy way to cope but it’s working a little lol. I love all the inspiration pics you posted! All the backsplashes are beautiful, my gosh, what a tough choice. I have been obsessed with gray lately, love it - the last backsplash you posted looks very similar to what we have in SC. It’s very understandable that you and Greg are not making cookies, in fact I’m glad you are giving yourselves a break during a busy and hectic time!

Marcy, your Snoopy decoration sounds really cute. How could you not buy it, it’s Snoopy lol. Congrats on mowing through those appraisals, it will be a relief to have them out of the way. I’m hoping Marty will be home for your Christmas party.

Scandi, your house looks so very beautiful, the light fixtures are amazing. You must be so excited. Thanks for posting the pics, it’s really fun to see the progress and the choices you made.

PierreBear, wow, the sugar sculpture is so pretty, it really is a work of art. I like your sketches! I don’t have any advice but YouTube has videos for just about anything these days, maybe you could get some tips from there, and on other websites as well. I like to doodle and I’ve been fooling around with an app on my iPad called Paper. It’s really nice you have common interests with your fil and I can see where it would enhance your relationship with him.

Austina, 4 degrees, omigosh...I’m sure you bundled up very well!

Kristie, I’m glad you had a good birthday, sounds like a nice day. The pizza looks really good, I’m getting hungry just looking at it. A red velvet cupcake sounds delicious too. I really love your new band, what a beautiful shade of pink and it looks great with your other bands. The warranty is a good idea, I wish I had done that. Thanks for your understanding about the estate hassles - this whole process has been such a headache for various reasons. Sorry Maggie gave Finn a hard time and I do hope she starts being a little nicer! Sounds like a tough thing to fix. Sending good thoughts that both doggies continue to feel well.

Hi Springerspaniel! Looking older bums me out sometimes but I guess I’m not bothered enough by it to have plastic surgery. I’m a big wimp too haha. I understand how it could help people feel better about themselves though. These days I’m just grateful I’m healthy and can still get around lol.

Jimmianne, love your story about the beautiful older woman - recently I noticed a older woman in a restaurant who was just stunning - well dressed, well groomed, and just very elegant. I was fascinated by her and kept staring at her haha!

Ok, guess I will try to get myself moving and get something accomplished around here - have a good day!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well it was 2 degs this morning, so I got out a padded jacket :lol: I also had on a scarf, hat and gloves.

I think there are a few of us who are of a similar age @junebug17 I don’t like looking in the mirror and not seeing a taut face anymore, but I’ve seen too many ‘wind tunnel’ women on cruises to know that’s not for me. A subtle tweak is one thing, but ending up with eyes where your ears should be, and your ears on the back of your head - pass!!!:eek2:

Love your new band @azstonie what a pretty combination of the Rose gold and pink sapphires, the perfect gift to yourself.:D Glad you had a good birthday. Poor Bob getting caught in the crossfire, I hope his hand isn’t too sore. Maggie is a little madam :roll2:

Dottie sends a lick to your handsome hound Clyde @springerspaniel I just love his big schnozz :mrgreen:

We neeeed a photo of Snoopy @marcy, people round here just have boring Santas and reindeer :lol:

We are dentist twins, we had appts today with the new dentist. We were both really impressed with her, she was a really nice young lady who knew her stuff.

In the spirit of reciprocity @Jimmianne, while you’re babysitting Missy’s earrings, I’m prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice, and wear in your new ring for you, so it’ll be nice and comfortable when I give it back (sometime in 2025) - deal??? :twisted2:

Hi @Calliecake hope all is well with you?

You’re too kind @Scandinavian but I’m not allowed out in public without makeup, in case I frighten the natives and cause widespread panic and stampeding in the streets :lol:

I love the grey and white units @missy and the great thing with neutrals is that just about everything looks good with it. Sticking with the neutrals also means they don’t date. So much to look forward to. I don’t know if it’s something you’d be interested in, but we have a filtered hot and cold water tap with instant boiling water. We love it.

DDCD6C40-B780-43F7-B183-46C97F806563.jpeg

The earrings look beautiful - very you.

Don’t worry about the appts. Another few weeks won’t make any difference. We only have mammos every 3 Years here, and the same for smears.

Dottie doesn’t seem to feel the cold @PierreBear although we do have a faux sheepskin coat for her. She’s also got a Christmas jumper, but I’ve got a feeling she might’ve outgrown it this year :shock:

Big wave to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, your guest room looks fabulous. Age is just a number.

PierreBear, too cute your cat was hogging the heat this morning. That’s nice you find ways to connect to your FIL. Marty and my dad didn’t connect very well and I don’t think either of them tried very much. They were better before my dad died but only because my dad was trying to learn how to use one of our old iPads and to connect his phone with his car. I am trying tacos for lunch again tomorrow; I put the shells in my lunch bag already. Do you have places close to work if you have to get lunch? We have a mini mart in our building but it doesn’t have much selection. There is a Subway about 5 miles away.

Jimmianne, that is fabulous about the beautiful 90 year old woman. I think a lot of beauty comes from within. Way to go taking one for the team - getting an ear shot of Missy’s earrings for her. You can’t risk sending them back this time of year.

Missy, IMO I agree that aging naturally and being content with yourself is a good way to go. Blue and green do go well together. Green goes with about anything. I am not a fan of big holiday parties either; I am more comfortable at home or with a small group of friends. I got a report card at the dentist. Your new earrings look fabulous. They should go great with your cluster ring. I like the gray and white color combo. The end of January will be here soon and you can have your tests. I won’t tell you how long it’s been since I had any tests. Definitely take a break from baking cookies; your reno will keep you busy.

Junebug, keeping busy with distractions is a great way to deal with stress. I am adept at avoiding things. Good idea to doodle on your iPad. Marty has that Apple pen and sure enjoys drawing with it.

Austina, that sounds cold. I am glad you liked your new dentist. I think of switching but I really like the dental hygienist and the receptionist that works there. You are very generous to help Jimmianne out with her new ring. What a great looking faucet. Stay warm.

After Marty gets the new Snoopy decoration put up I’ll get a picture of it.

After hearing my boss’s instructions on writing PA’s I bet I’ll be doing them over a few times. Sounds rough. Joy.

It took me half of the day to realize tomorrow is Friday and Marty will be home. Woo hoo! I spent about 30 minutes tonight looking everywhere for his DIA parking receipt so he can submit his expenses. I was hoping to find money looking in all those drawers and stacks but no such luck.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, are we to be treated to a photo of Dottie in her coat?
My favortie cousin is named Dottie, after my grandmother, and i have a chicken named Dot. Very good asociations here with that name : )
Sometimes i fantasize about a little bit of plastic surgery, but after seeing first hand what my Mom went through, i am complacent enough to live with my face as is. The “droop factor” matches the rest of me anyway. Lol
You are in England? Yes? Do you get to France on occasion? Of course i will share my new ring, but you will have to come to france to pick it up.

Ms.June, someday we will be the beautiful old women everyone sees as role models! Let’s plan on it <3 ...but not too soon. Haha
Wait a second...I thought distractions were how we get through life! Enjoy your distractions.
Do you do yoga? I ask because although i hate going, it makes my stress so much less.
I want your life to be easy going, you certainly deserve time off now. xx

Marcy, drat to not finding any money in the drawers. Have you tried under the couch cushions? Sometimes there is money in parking lots too. Let’s try the power of attraction and see what we come with this next week. Please say hi to Marty for me.

I have a headache trying to design a setting for my asscher. Custom makes me nervous after having had two rings made that didn't turn out as i thought they would. In a perfect world i would get a Stuller setting and be done with it, but i can’t find anyone here to order it and set the diamond. First world problem for sure. I need a distraction from my distraction!
Here is a nice bracelet. Diamonds and carved amethyst.
BCD31295-BB8A-47E0-BF1F-B239452634A1.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy December 1st and TGIF.

Junie you are beautiful inside and out and need no work and I am saying that with complete honesty. Do you any plans for the weekend? I hope you will be relaxing and enjoying all that you have accomplished. Weather supposed to be cool but calm. I cannot believe we are in December already! Junie PSA please take care of whatever health evals you need. It is time to take care of yourself.(((Hugs))).

Austina you are another beauty who needs no work and you are beautiful through and through. Thanks for the faucet share and I would love that but we are probably not doing it. Going for simple and easy and less chance of breakdown if you kwim. But it looks super convenient to have that and I would love having hot water at my fingertips. We have a whole house water filter at the beach house (I don't trust the NJ water) and hopefully that is doing the trick for safe filtered water. We did have the water tested and it seems safe now but I am always a bit wary about these things. Wow waiting 3 years for the tests where you live...I imagine that if you are at risk they will allow you more frequent evals right? I hate that the years are going so fast I am skipping health evals and that I don't even realize it. That is what concerns me. My lack of or perhaps degradation of brain cells. LOL.

Marcy we are very much alike in many ways. Prefer one on one or very small gatherings and we both prefer aging gracefully. I will add you are beautiful just as you are inside and out. I mean that. What was your dental grade? Did Marty put the snoopy decoration together yet? Please schedule your mammo/ultrasound appointment. Did you guys put up your tree already? Yay for Marty coming home but Boo to not finding hidden money. LOL.

Jimmianne you are also beautiful inside and out and don't need any work and that is the truth. That bracelet is a work of art. Wow. I feel your angst re the asscher setting. I am terrible at visualizing things like that and I hope DK makes your dream setting for you!

Have a great Friday girls!

P

PierreBear

@Jimmianne – Nice to know that you have tons of confidence now! Better late than never. Wow, a woman looking great in her 90s. Did you ask her age? I’ve wanted to ask some women but never have the guts. I just say “when I’m your age, I would hope that I care for myself the way you do.” There is one lady and she just refers to herself as a dinosaur but she’s a graceful brontosaurus from my perspective.

@missy – How neat that your friend is pursuing her artistic career. Congrats to her having her work shown in a museum.

Love all your inspirational photos. I like the white marble look more than the blue and white. Just my humble opinion but the white marble has more of a classic and “grown up” less whimsical look that might be helpful for resale purposes? Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

@junebug17 – Ohhh I would love to see some of your doodles. I’ll check out the paper app. I have a really ancient ipad that was a hand me down. Not even sure if it can download new things anymore but I’ll check into it but I think I’m drawn more towards the feel of paper and pen. I’m a lady who checks out books from the library and refuses to use a kindle. Some stuff I like old school other things I’m thankful for technology.

How is the furnace issue? All resolved I hope?

@Austina – Wow how neat that you have instant boiling water! I know some of our friends have a fridge that dispenses hot water. Had no idea that it works even through a faucet. I’m still using a tea kettle. : ) Still love that iconic noise when it whistles to tell you it’s finished!

Awww Christmas jumper for Dottie! We are hosting a Christmas party next week and we are all encouraged to wear sweaters. I’m really really thinking about a sweater for my cat. Poor guy though… we already burned his whiskers maybe enough is enough.

@marcy – We do have shops close by for lunch but I don’t usually enjoy “treating” myself to eating out unless I’m eating with someone. If I’m going to eat by myself then I might as well eat my packed lunch. I know it’s silly but when I do go out for a meal with someone, I get more excited about it. Eating out too often, I just don’t appreciate it and actually prefer a simple home cooked meal.

Hurray for Marty coming home on Friday. How is he doing by the way? Is his bicep healed? Any competitions coming up?

P

PierreBear

This sketch goes out to all my NIRDI ladies! hahaha... I had fun trying to resketch something I saw online. Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend! We are hosting friend's over for dinner Sat night and meeting up with another couple and their young boy to possibly decorate a Christmas tree together possibly Sun morning. Busy weekend but hopefully it will be filled with relaxation and joy. May ya'll have a wonderful time as well!
Capture.PNG

EDIT - sorry.. I don't know how to make images smaller. : /

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear thanks for your help yesterday btw! And I agree about gray and white. More grownup. I'm not a grownup yet but hope to be one day.:lol:
As for resale well I am resigned to the fact we may never be able to sell the beach house...what would the ferals we are taking care of there do?:(2

Love your sketch and thank you!

Scandi not sure what you mean...did you message me as I don't see anything? OK off to workout now. Have a lovely day girls and (((HUGS))) to all!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Just that I posted a picture of the house. Nothing important. Re your kitchen backsplash, I really like the white&gray tones, I think perhaps a nice Carrera (or calcatta?) could do the trick. The difficulty is perhaps to get the "man" to use super thin grout lines. I think that in order to do that, it is super important that the tiles are very symmetrical and precisely cut. I know this from experience... LOL

Rest of you, the pic is on IG too now, I don't want to post it online, too recognisable.

@marcy, did Marty hurt his arm?

@PierreBear, wish I could draw. I can hardly write. LOL

@Jimmianne I'm so exited (!) about your new bling project!!

@junebug17 Is the furnace solution accepted?

We are actually going away next (not this) weekend, reason why the normal stress is super stress right now. Will try to take you with me - beach and food - here we come!

Hugs!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gooooooooooood morning NIRDIs! And Happy Friday! :appl: (OK as usual by the time I finish this post will be the afternoon. ::))

Missy - love, love, love the gray backsplashes they are gorgeous. I need to schedule my mammogram and US and MRI too. They used to send me notices in the mail and I was always so good about doing it right away but they've stopped sending the notices and I have no idea how long it's been since my last one. :/

It's funny I've been on a gray kick lately too June. June, when I say I put up decorations trust me they are no big deal. My tree is really small and has like 5 ornaments on it lol and I put up some reindeer and lights and little things like that. It looks pretty, even though it's minimal. I couldn't do like tons of stuff I would hate having to take it down. DH did put the lights up outside and I love that they looks so pretty. Simple, but pretty.

Kristie I missed your birthday :( Sounds like you had a wonderful night with your DH so that's awesome. Has Finn been better since the other night when he wasn't doing well? And I'm sorry to hear about the constant Maggie going at Finn. My boy cat does the same thing to my girl cat. The minute he sees her relaxing he has to go after her. Love the rings, Kristie, really pretty.

Scandi your rooms came out gorgeous. Very simple, elegant, clean. Love them.

marcy marty comes home today woo hoo Good luck with your appraisals and good habit to do the things you don't want to do as soon as possible. Always better that way. I see you need to schedule your US/mammogram too. I will try to do it today but I am soooooooooo lazy making phone calls. I hate phone calls! arrrgggghh

jimmianne glad your bones are doing better :)) and OF COURSE animals have souls. Actually, they have the purest souls of all.

springerspaniel hi :wavey:hi Callie!

austina OMG we have to see a picture of Dottie in her jumper and in her coat.

pierre you made that sculpture thing? Wow. Cute doodles :) why do you want to learn how to doodle? Like just a hobby? (I didn't realize doodling was a "thing!")

I thought of all my NIRDIs last night. I have the *PERFECT* ornaments for you guys!

IMG_20171130_192428.jpg

And for those of you that think those are too small, this one:

IMG_20171130_192810.jpg

I feel you guys on the getting older. I also don't want to get plastic surgery because what I see most women do doesn't look good at all. It changes their face completely. Look at Courtney Cox. :( But I don't know how I'll feel once I start to really sag. So I never say never.

I have come to realize that someone telling you something makes you look younger is not really a compliment. I had someone tell me that this weekend and although at first I felt good the more I thought about it the more sad I felt. "Younger" is unattainable. It's an illusion. I may look a little younger here and there when I put on make up or style my hair a certain way...but I'm not really younger. I've probably been guilty of saying this to other women too, at some point or another. But I'm not going to any more. I will just say simply that you look pretty, or vibrant, or any word other than younger.

Speaking about gray, just in this past week I replaced all of my couch pillows with grays/silvers, changed all my picture frames in the living room cabinet in silvers/golds and wood, ordered new drink coasters, and I'm looking at 2x3 rugs for under a table that is now cream/gray and I want to replace it with something with more gray in it. I don't know what got into me but I do know I'm not done yet! I just had this urge to replace the things that were not matched well or were off in some way.

OK I hope I haven't missed anyone!

Kisses and hugs NIRDIs!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, I love the pictures of your rooms! You must be thrilled watching how everything is coming together. It looks beautiful. It's been so much fun to see the progress. You have great taste!

Missy, I hope tomorrow goes well with finding a backsplash you love.

@PierreBear It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. It's so much fun decorating for the holidays with children. How old is your friend's son? Have you made any good desserts lately? You sound like such a good daughter in law. I felt so lucky to have a wonderful father in law. He was all the things I wish my own dad was.

@CJ2008 Love the ornaments!!! I'm all for women doing whatever makes them happy. Life is too short to be unhappy. If something really bothers a woman about her appearance and she can change it, why not do it. One of my girlfriends was self conscious about her eyelids in her late 40's. I hardly noticed it but she said it bothered her terribly. She had it fixed and felt great about it. Years later she still says it was one of the best things she has done for herself.

Junie, So glad you have the house settled and can finally move on. You must feel great to have this finally done. Do you have any special plans for the weekend?

@Jimmianne I can't believe your doctor said that about animals. When I read your post all I could think of was he must have never had a pet. Great news about your bones. My mom is on the medicine you mentioned and was thrilled to hear it worked for you. Are you spending the holidays here or in France this year?

@Austina , I bet Dottie looks fabulous in her new coat and sweater. I bought our furbaby a puffer coat a few weeks ago. She doesnt seem to like it much. It really was too big on her. All you could see was her little face and skinny legs. She wanted it off as soon as I put it on her. Do you have any plans to visit your son soon? My husband mentioned Austin as a possible place to retire last night. Friends of ours are taking about Austin for a possible retirement location.

Marcy, I had to laugh as many of us went to the dentist this week. I feel like I will be living there the next few months. I feel for you having to write performance reviews. I hated doing that when I was working. I hope you and Marty have a great weekend! Is he home for a while or still traveling a lot?

Hi @springerspaniel Do you have any fun plans for the weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

Scandi looked at your IG and FB and it is all coming together very beautifully!

CJ yes I love those big blingy ornaments. Haha they're perfect! My only concern would be that they might weigh the tree down but if the tree can handle Tommy I guess they can handle one or two of the big diamond ornaments.:bigsmile:

Your redecoration surge sounds like it is going well and I plan on doing something similar as soon as our beach kitchen is renovated. I want to replace all the furniture (most of it badly battered and bruised by the kitties) with white furniture so perhaps not practical but it is something I want to do. I figure the furniture has to be replaced every 5 plus years because of the kitties anyway so might as well go for what I want. It's all disposable anyway right?

The radiology clinic I go to never sends recalls or anything but that would be useful for someone like me who now cannot remember when their appointments need to be scheduled. They used to let us make future appointments the day we had our last appointment but they stopped doing the appointments so far in advance and that is what happened. I just forgot to make an appointment and bam 2 years flew by and I thought it was less than one year.

How's Mousey doing? (((Hugs))).

Callie any dental or bling updates? Hope you have some good news. Hope you and Jeff have a lovely Saturday and that you enjoyed yesterday. Maybe the jacket you bought for your sweet C was too big? She needs a cute fitted jacket for her petite figure.:kiss:

We are off to the beach house today just for the day. To fill the feral feeders and then head to the kitchen store to see if we can find a backsplash there or if we have to order it from another place. Hoping we can find what I want there.
Have a great day girls!:wavey:

francescaandbobbyinbed.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, have the servants of the cats brought them breakfast in bed yet this morning?

Ive been thinking long and hard about there being no suitable shipping boxes at your house:confused:
Good luck on the backsplash search today. May the renovtion forces be with you.

June, please do not say it is ok for Missy and Greg to take a break from making cookies.
They might believe you.

:wavey:Hi Callie and CJ and everyone. Im sorry, l’ve gotten so lazy about writing. I know lurking is not all that polite...but I'm here watching you all, so you’d better be good.

I met a guy online many years ago and we wrote to each other evey day for years. I just wanted to be friends, and eventually he met someone and we stopped writing. But he sends me a present every December anyway.
here’s what arrived yesterday. Cute, yes?
Have a happy saturday
And be good!
4009A489-164B-497D-9ADF-5CBF9FCF27BE.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#$@*!!
I refuse to correct any more typos. I am actually startingt o hate this ipad!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Will have a proper catch up tomorrow, hope you’re all having a good weekend.

We’re away from home, don’t think I mentioned that earlier this year our Spinone group raised a huge amount of money for one of our members dog, he needed 2 new bionic elbows. Well, his owner has organised a get together tonight, dinner and dancing at a hotel near Gatwick airport. So here we are, all 65 of us :lol:

Be home tomorrow and will tell you all about it then :D

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

I miss a day and its like reading a novel. A good novel with page turning excitement, but a novel.

Jimmianne, I agree distractions is how we get through life. Life is so much better in my fantasyland. I should check under our cushions; I’d probably be horrified to find things other than money. Marty say “hi” back. Thanks. I am kind of surprised you can’t find a local jeweler to order from Stuller. I know of 3 here in my town. Do any of the local stores have a solitaire you like? I would think that would be pretty easy to find someone to set your diamond in a solitaire. I am not doing custom ever again; too much wasted money for me. The only way I’ll do it is something like my custom Danielle - same style just larger stones. That is some bracelet. What a great gift from your pen pal.

Missy, I did chuckle at degradation of brain cells, I am constantly shaking my head at how the heck did I do that? Marty has not put my new decoration together but it is nice to have him home. He has been working on a problem for work so he has been downstairs a lot. We will probably put up our tree next weekend. Did you decorate yet? LOL, I resemble your remark about not being a grownup. I noticed that too about appointments that doctors won’t schedule them a year out; they tell you to call. Like I’ll remember to do that.

Scandi, Marty’s shoulder has something torn or pulled but lately it seems to be doing better. I think he’d get it checked if he was ever home for more than a week at a time. I will look for your pictures on IG. Beach and food sound great. Have a wonderful time.

PierreBear, I went kicking and screaming to a Kindle but once I got one; I was hooked. Now I use the Kindle App on my iPad and totally enjoy reading that way. Our refrigerator does boiling water from the front door. You spin a knob and pick the temperature. I think it only does up to 2 cups. It takes about 90 seconds to heat up and then you have to hold the knob to dispense it. It works pretty slick. Our panel there also has a digital frame. I loaded up pictures of the rabbits and bears. We used to eat out too much and it does make you appreciate home cooked meals. I prefer my leftovers at my desk but do look forward to my weekly lunch with a friend of mine. Marty is doing well, thanks. I think his shoulder still really bothers him but lately his deadlifts have been easier. He and his sister are going to compete in April. They are going to go to Arizona this time. There are about 15 - 20 locations nationally for the competitions but if they go to Arizona they can go see their parents. Great sketches of diamonds for me and you.

CJ, that is always a good thing to consider in putting up your tree; you have to take it down too. You hear about people that leave them up year round or put them away put together. One of my sister always teases us that we don’t put tinsel (icicles) on our tree but I tell here that is because there would be about 12 pieces on the top of the tree, about 10 pieces on the middle of the tree and then 2 blobs at about the same height. Neither Marty or I have that kind of patience. Yes, I should schedule a mammogram. My friend who had breast cancer would be calling me right now if she knew. I hate making phone calls too but I was a good sister and talked to my chatty sister for 48 minutes last night and 23 minutes today. I love that ornaments. They are perfect. How fun to change out some of your home decor; it is amazing up a few new things make such a big difference.

Callie, oh no that you have more dental work in your future. You have had more than your share of it this year. Good luck!!! Marty is home for a week then back to LA. He and one of his co-workers were on the phone until after 11 last night trying to get something to work. Writing and giving performance appraisals are not among my favorite things.

Austina, have fun at dinner.

We are going to a friend's house for supper tonight. They moved a few weeks ago so it'll be nice to see their new home. I think they kind of went in to this with blinders on though. The home is on 3 acres, has a main home, a huge 3 car garage and an additional mother-in-laws home. They didn't have the money for a big down payment to get their payments where they wanted them so her parents gave them the money with the conditions / intention of the second home is their place. They never sat down and talked boundaries, are her parents tenants or residents. Who pays for what - taxes, insurance, repairs, utilities, etc. Her parents currently live 100 miles away with one of their parents who can't drive anymore. Once that parent is gone or moves to a nursing home then they plan on moving here. They've moved some of their furniture up here already but didn't have a new mattress yet so they stayed in the house and clearly acted like it was their own home. My friend's husband was already ticked off about it in one weekend. They had originally said since they won't be living there yet my friends could let other people stay there. They already said something about the husband's sister and son "not" staying there. Joy. Glad it's not me.

I ordered a few things for Marty's stocking this morning and was instructed to come up with ideas for me. I finally figured out something I want; I have some Peanuts / Snoopy Christmas Village pieces so I will ask for more of those. There is a Hallmark ornament he has to get me - it's Snoopy the cookie baker. My big present will be small and shiny - I just need to get to Denver before everything is picked over and that window has probably already closed. I love upgrades though. Plus I have to get them to fix the clasp on my 4 carat diamond bracelet. That sucker bent the second day I had it. It does clasp okay but not right. The other day I took it off over the bathroom sink and it flew off my wrist right in to the sink. Scared the crap out of me. Luckily it went sideways and wrapped around the open stopper in the sink instead of shooting off long ways and going right down the sink. Lesson to remember there.

Marty always thinks he’s funny. I was in the shower this morning and I can of see movement outside the shower door and soon there is a killer rabbit looking over the top of the door and acting like it’s spitting on me. I said “honey, one of your rabbits is spitting on me”. I see him walk away so I go about my shower and soon I hear the spitting snow again and look up in time to see the rabbit and some cold water coming my way. Yes, I screamed like a little girl. Like I often say; everyone is a comedian but not everyone is funny.

I brewed up a batch of chocolate cookies for dinner tonight. That is why my friend always requests I bring when we go to dinner. Her kids are home this weekend so they’ll be happy.

Have a great week.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy - ha “pen pal”...that never occurred to me.
Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow to lucky your bracelet saved itself from the drain.

I know, the pace here is mind boggling.
Missy said something about how beautiful I was or something and even THAT went...woosh almost right past.

Missy, thank you.
Takes one to know one : )
Are you taking the day off to relax at the beach? Hope so. How are the ferals? Don’t hear too much about them anymore and hope that means the population has stabilized.

Apparently it’s trickier to set an asscher, and it makes me nervous to go somewhere new. Even my old bench, who once made me a beautifully detailed ring, got SO old that he cracked my mother’s wedding ring trying to size it, then melted it a bit trying to fix the crack. Nice Tiffany ring [was]. So I am Very Leary. But I hear you about custom, spending money/losing money. I think it goes with the addiction, ahem, I mean enthusiasm, the more we buy, the more likely there will be a few dogs in the back of the jewelry box. Woof!

Here is what I’ve been up to this morning...drooling. Ugh what a horrible word. I wasn't really. But close.

6F31A471-A424-472D-9BD2-2B45A90F95E3.jpeg 8F754E12-F0A5-40AB-830D-3CD268FDA7B1.jpeg 53B77E6B-E682-42E0-9704-B8229AF26E01.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results