shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I please get some thoughts on these shoes from you style mavens?
Both are VERY comfortable and I’m getting them to wear with jeans.

A or B....?
A 69C2F7CD-6737-4D5A-B80E-BFB696D00D12.jpeg B 5DC170C5-7B73-4F61-A568-13F8AA07CE3E.jpeg

Attachments

• EC392796-75DA-4010-A00D-2C9D2C4C8E7D.jpeg
    EC392796-75DA-4010-A00D-2C9D2C4C8E7D.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 881A1A8F-36E3-474E-99C3-5E69079310BC.jpeg
    881A1A8F-36E3-474E-99C3-5E69079310BC.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 45
  • A6A004BC-4F09-457E-81B6-AB98B88A0A68.jpeg
    A6A004BC-4F09-457E-81B6-AB98B88A0A68.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 51

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I please get some thoughts on these shoes from you style mavens?
Both are VERY comfortable and I’m getting them to wear with jeans.

A or B....?
A 69C2F7CD-6737-4D5A-B80E-BFB696D00D12.jpeg B 5DC170C5-7B73-4F61-A568-13F8AA07CE3E.jpeg

Both look great! For myself I prefer rounded toe and (hidden) platform--looks like your A.

Both styles will take you as far as you want to go (walk)!!

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon I haven’t worn heels in a million and a half years. They are making them much more comfortable these days. The platforms are a little taller, I like that, and NOT because that man called me short!

Austina, love the driving horse (head)!

Missy, you ARE sappy, in the very best possible way

Pierre Bear thank you. For all the grueling details. You have been through something amazing!!! And persevered. Congratulations!

In my experience, my big and little horses are much the same; gentle, affection, intelligent souls who focus mainly on eating.

Good night

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I have to admit I chuckled at Moe borrowing the Porsche. I am sure he’d have a blast with it. Fall colors are beautiful. I like both of those heels but I vote with Sharon that I prefer the rounded heels. BTW, I would kill myself in heels. I’m not steady in my Brooks running shoes.

Missy, I am glad you started the NIRDI thread and it has grown in to such a supportive group of PS friends. I know it came during a very dark time for you but something wonderful came out of it. I know everyone has challenges and struggles so it’s nice to have a place to at least share some of those burdens. And you are so right; I think there is always a NIRDI awake to listen. Thanks for being here to keep me company.

Austina, great picture of Moe driving. You know Marty is always horsing around with my car so that kind of fits. I have to constantly nag at him to quit speeding. I know i should talk but I don’t go that fast all the time. I am glad you found ways to amuse yourself when Colin used to travel. I like to read and knit. I kind of get what you mean that you get used to them being gone some and it’s hard to adjust when they are home. Before I lost my parents I didn’t mind Marty being gone so much because it gave me time to spend with them. I guess that is why it’s kind of a double whammy when he’s gone.

PierreBear, what a wonderful story. You really showed determination to continue with the pain and discomfort but what an accomplishment to put in your book of here’s something I did. I absolutely love that your DH came back and walked with you to the finish line. Congratulations. I am very proud of you. I am sure you kitty would love snuggly up in soft, flannel blankets. The set I got is white background with red and black snowflakes. I think Marty found them girlie but they are under a blanket.

Sharon, has your snow melted? We got 3 1/2 inches yesterday. It should melt off tomorrow.

It was really icy on the way to work this morning but I didn’t have any problems. I left about 15 minutes early hoping to avoid the 8 am traffic. I didn’t turn on my alarm last night and woke up 22 minutes after it would have gone off. I decided I wouldn’t look at anything on my phone and just get in the shower then get dressed. I was ready for work 10 minutes earlier than normal. That shows you how much I goof off reading email and checking Facebook.

A friend brought over pizza tonight (the kind you pick up and just bake). It was tasty. We both have 2 pieces left for lunch tomorrow. We almost finished a bottle of wine too. We played several round of cribbage. It was fun.

Marty’s rent went up at his gym which he forgot to tell me. If I go pay it for him I pay 2 months at a time so I don’t have to go back so frequently. They left him a message today to call him. So I give them a call and the lady tells me his account is $20 and it was due on November 1st. I pointed out I paid for October and November. She then informed me the rent went up. I’ll go pay tomorrow. I was so polite when I texted Marty about it. Rather than my original rant I only wrote I have to go pay more on his rent since “I didn’t know they raised your rent.” See I can learn to be more polite.

Laters,
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I can't wait to talk to you. The exposed brick in the kitchen look fabulous. Your kitchen remodel is going to turn out beautiful. I hope you and Greg had a nice evening.

Pierre Bear, OMG I can't believe you completed this challenge. You must be so exhsusted and sore. I hope your family is taking good care of both you and your husband. I'm sure they are all very proud of you. This will be a great story to tell children. My nephew would have been hanging on to every word if I had a story like this to tell. And to think I was so impressed by your baking skills, you have so many talents. Reading your story made me want to give you a big hug. My little niece went trick or treating as Elsa and she loved her costume.

Jimmianne, I love your new heels!

Austina, That horse head had me laughing out loud.

Marcy, I'm glad you have a busy week planned. I used to try and stay as busy as possible when my husband traveled a lot. How much snow did you end up getting?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"great picture of Moe driving. You know Marty is always horsing around with my car so that kind of fits. I have to constantly nag at him to quit speeding."
Marcy I'm not even totally awake and out of bed, but already laughing.
You look at your phone before you get up too?
Bonjour fellow adict!
This is NOT good. Haha

The round toe platforms it is! They do feel slightly most stable, and I'm going to wear them to town today! Fabulous me on stilts : )
Austina, this will be my marathon lol
How are your muscles this morning?
I still can't fathom that you went through all that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Austina hope your hips are not aching today and that your weather drizzle has turned to sunshine or at least you are feeling sunny and warm and happy inside.

Jimmianne my vote is for the rounded toe but honestly I am not a heels girl and I get nervous thinking of you walking around in either of those. Please be careful. Plus I grew up when Jeans and heels were a no no and while I know it is considered quite stylish now it isn't my preference. In any case be careful and I think you are perfect just the way you are! You are not short! That guy was short of brains IMO.:knockout:

OK I am Sappy but could you at least add sassy? I'll take sappy and sassy. (Greg says I am very sassy just like HRH Francesca)...What do you say?:cool2:

Callie as always I am looking forward to our daily chats. Just enjoying some more coffee before I get going on my morning. Hope you had fun at dinner last night with your friend.

Marcy you showed great restraint not scolding Marty. Good for you. And lol yes I guess we spend a lot of time online and "goofing off" as you say. Good for you getting ready early and glad you are being careful on the ice. It is getting chilly here too and I am not ready for snow and ice. Be safe.

PierreBear thanks for sharing the details...great job! Now we are ready for the bling update pretty please.:sun:

Speaking of bling I have an inner struggle going on right now. I don't know what to do. That is all I want to say for now. Just wanted to share it here though.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and stay warm ladies. It is getting cool everywhere I think now. Enjoy this Wednesday!:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JA I had forgotten that "height" comment from that nitwit--because it was forgettable. Hope've you've forgotten about also--not worth a fragment of your time.

You'll be fabu about town today!

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is funny that I suddenly needed a pair of heels LOL
But I think it was more about my recent Stichfix addiction and me suddenly wanting to look as though I did NOT come from the barn.

Had a bit of a scare this morning driving to town. A car tried to pass a semi coming toward me when there wasn’t time, so suddenly there was a set of headlights about 30 feet in front of me on my side of the road. I went off the road as far as I could, intending to go in the deep ditch.
It sounds like I had time to think, but it was instinctual. Somehow the person floored it enough to cut in front of the semi although he almost hit my car.
So, my dear NIRDIS be careful out there. I thought I was paying attention to the road, but i realized later I had been listening to the rock n roll and was on autopilot. I also realized that I should tell everyone I care about that I love them!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sappy
Sassy
Sweet :kiss2:
Silly :lol-2:
Sincere
Stylish :cool2:
Sympathetic
Steadfast
Sparkling :love:
Smart :ugeek:
Selfless:))
Sensitive :cry2:
&
Saintly :saint:
:appl::appl::appl:
xx

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I’m very saddened by the suffering and the serious challenges in that thread too, and I’ve tried to respond but I’m just at a loss for words. Anything I type seems trite and superficial. I too am very grateful for this thread, you and the nirdis have really helped me these past years in coping with the complicated situation of caring for an elderly parent, and being able to share with the nirdis helped me get through this past year. I am so glad that the comfort and support you got from this thread helped you through such a difficult and dark time. Somtetimes just knowing people care makes a big difference in handling tough times.

I’ve told you this before but I really like the brick wall. I think it adds charm and visual interest to the kitchen. A modern kitchen juxtaposed with this wall will look very cool imo!

PierreBear, congratulations on making it through such an arduous race! I’m sorry you felt a bit down at the end but you should feel so good about yourself for persevering and seeing it through. I could never have done what you did. Now you can kick back and get some much needed rest! I’m glad you are going to take it easy for a bit and give yourself a chance to recover. You deserve a little pampering so be good to yourself! Sending tons of healing vibes and I hope you’re feeling better soon. Thanks so much for filling us in, I had been thinking about you over the weekend.

Marcy, your plans with friends sound like fun, I’m glad you have a few things scheduled for this week, it really does make the time go by more quickly. Marty will be home before you know it. On no to the rent being increased, grrr. How much snow did you end up getting? Be careful as you make your way through it.

Austina, I took a Pilates class this morning and I thought of you lol! I have a feeling we will both be sore tomorrow!

Jimmianne, I’m too late to vote on the shoes but I like the ones you chose! I bought a very similar pair recently. Wearing heels hurts my feet but the ones I bought are fairly comfortable, although I can only wear them for short periods of time. I just got so tired of wearing flats all the time!

I have a weird feeling I missed some things, I’m sorry if I did! Dh and I are in SC and having a really nice time so far. It’s overcast but pretty warm. The weather really doesn’t matter, it’s just nice getting away. Today we’re going to lunch in Charleston and then checking out a few estate jewelry stores. Sadly no purchasing, just browsing. I will try to snap a few pics like a good PS’er!

ETA - Jimmianne, we were posting at the same time - Oh my gosh, that was a very scary experience and I’m so glad you are ok! I hear you on paying attention...I find myself zoning out sometimes, not a good idea. Sending hugs to you, I know how unsettling something like this is.

And lol to deciding you needed heels - me too! Feels kind of good to care about how I look haha!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:-o @PierreBear after reading all the gory details, I'm even more in awe that you kept on going right to the finish line, you're amazing.

Please rest well to give your body a chance to recover, it's been through an awful lot of stress. If you ever mention doing anything like that again, we will all remind you that you said "Never again".

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying your time in SC @junebug17 it'll do you good to be away from all the stress you've been under lately. Is your brother feeling any more settled in his apt now? Enjoy your window shopping today.

I'm feeling a big achy today, but at least I know that I was working yesterday :D

Oh my goodness @Jimmianne what an awful scare, so glad you weren't hurt, it shakes you up when you have a close shave like that.

I like both pairs of shoes, but I'm bucking the trend, and prefer the pointy one :lol: I don't wear heeled shoes with jeans, but I do wear heeled ankle boots. Mostly though, I wear jeans for dog walking, so I wear walking boots, tres glam:mrgreen:

Glad the driving horse made you laugh @Calliecake, it's silly but fun.

Hope you're keeping safe and warm @canuk-gal.

Hopefully the snow has melted @marcy and hasn't caused any problems. Sounds like a nice evening with your friend, and a bonus to not have to cook, and have left overs.

There's always something to deal with, isn't there? I have to admit that I do nothing in the way of dealing with household expenses, I really ought to get to grips with it, but Colin does it all. Being an accountant, he has everything on spreadsheets. I often ask what he's doing, and he'll say he's updating his spreadsheets, it's a hobby for him!

My turn to be mushy, I just want to say thank you for being so welcoming since I joined PS, you're a great group and I really appreciate it:love:

Sorry you've got a dilemma @missy, I'm sure you'll work it out and find a resolution. Hopefully your blisters are truly on the mend now and have left no blemishes.

It's been a lovely day here today, cold and bright, and Dottie had fun chasing lots of squirrels in VW this morning, she's got the hunting and pointing down pat, but her retrieval skills are non existent. :lol: I much prefer the cold to rain, we wrap up warm and still enjoy being out in the fresh air.

Big wave to all you lovely NIRDI's :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hi NIRDI friends! It's finally feeling a bit colder over here where I had to grab a jacket. Yesterday Amy's ice cream (local ice cream shop) was celebrating their anniversary and was giving out free ice cream. I managed to get a scoop and it was fun to pick out a topping and watch them smush it all together and then put it back into a cup. I'm always really amazed and proud of companies that give back to the community.

My sweet coworker, the one who had 60 kidney stones removed, still has some residual blood in her urine. She's out of office today to do some more tests. A bit lonely in the office today as I think about her often. Hope they find the source of the problems.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

@canuk-gal – Thank you for the kind words and mentioning that I made you proud. My parents were never one to be explicit with language so that simple statement really means a lot to me. Even though we have never met! : )

@Jimmianne – Both shoes are sexy and classic. I personally wear pointed toed for most of my shoes but a few of mine are rounded. Can’t go wrong with either!

Booo that crazy driver. Glad you were safe.

@marcy – Thanks for your verbal pats on the back as well regarding the race!

Bummer to hear that the rent went up on Marty’s gym. Is everything on a month by month basis so it can change at any time? I recently learned at my local gym that if you pay 1 full year in advance, you get 1 month free. Had no idea and was paying monthly for 5 years now. DH and I switched over to pay 1 year in full. Thank goodness someone just mentioned it to me in passing. Things you learn in a women’s locker room.

@Calliecake – Big virtual hug back from me! I’m sure you have wonderful and crazy stories to tell your nephew as well. I’m actually not that sore at all surprisingly. DH is doing great and actually did a light work out today. Sheesshh I wish I was more resilient like him but quite honestly I have blisters under my toe nail bed that make it uncomfortable to wear closed toed shoes. It’s boot season now though so I am eager to get the healing over and done with.

Just to make you laugh and not be so impressed with average me, I’m sharing a really embarrassing photo. You can see the natural tan line of my sports bra but there is a dark streak/rectangle across my back. It’s the gap between my biking shawl (covers my shoulder) and where my top ended, which completely cooked my skin. I didn’t actually get sun burned. It’s just a really bad tan. Hahaha…. I was trying to figure out how to take this naked selfie and keep it PG13. Apparently I took so long that my cat thought it was time for petting so there is his little head in there trying to get some affection.

Capture.PNG

@missy – Sorry to hear about the inner bling struggle right now. I hope there will be some clarity/peace on the next steps to take. You know we are all rooting for you! No updates to share yet from OWD but thanks for not letting me forget about it. Haha… feels like such a long time ago we were deciding between the K and L.

@junebug17 – Thank you, thank you! I don’t think I could sell 2 or is it 3 properties all in one year? Seems like more than a feat than enduring for 1 long day. : )

P

PierreBear

@Austina – You posted right before me but thanks for the kind words and the reminder to allow my body to heal! I was tempted to go for a swim today to just see some gym friend but I realized quickly that was unnecessary!

Is Colin your DH? I didn’t realize he was an accountant as well. Tell him to create a spreadsheet for your bling fund. Hehehehe.

Glad you had fun with Dottie and enjoyed the day!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierre Bear, you may start a new trend with your designer suntan! Forget tattoos, it’s time for the PB inspired “shaped tan”!

Disclaimer: I kept both shoes. I don’t mean both shoes in the one pair, I mean both STYLES. I figured it can’t hurt to have backup. How often does one find heels that feel like sneakers?!

Home after a long day out and off to have the kind of chili where you mix a can of chili starter beans with meat and veggies. I add olive oil, lemon juice and green Tabasco. The dogs love it too added to their kibble. They will eat anything with hot sauce on it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, I bet your niece was adorable as Elsa. That is such a cute movie. I find the times passes more quickly if I stay busy when Marty is gone. We got about 3.5 inches. The trees looked great but I only see pretty ones when I am driving.

Jimmianne, I am glad I could provide you with a laugh first thing in the morning. Yes, I am on my phone pretty much the minute I wake up. I check my email first, then news alerts and head over to Facebook. How was your trip to town and walking on your stilts? I bet you looked fabulous. Your near miss this morning sounds so scary. I am so glad you avoided an accident. Great list of S’s. Good idea to keep both pairs of shoes. Variety is always good. How was your chili?

Missy, no harm in goofing off online. I enjoy it. Do tell about that inner bling struggle. It’s always so tough to not only decide what you want but to answer that question do I really want to do that. I saw the first cold front is moving down from the north. I think your side of the country is going to feel it more than my neck of the woods. Stay warm. How are your blisters doing?

Hi Sharon.

Junebug, I started to respond to that thread a few times but I don’t know what to say either plus I didn’t feel my problems measure up to what other people are going through. So much strife and heartache in life but I know that touches all of us. Most of our 3.5 inches has melted on the street and sidewalk. The trees still were snow covered this morning though. Do you wear your studs all the time? Did you pick out the pendant you want? I am glad you are enjoying your time in SC.

Austina, I hope you are less achy tomorrow. Colin would be proud of me with my bookkeeping and accounting. I use spreadsheets and track our income / expenses and pretty much pay a bill when it shows up. The rental company was quite nice to me today. They charge $40 for late payments but since I was only $20 short they said not to worry about it and told me they really appreciate that we pay early and that our checks don’t bounce. The NIRDI’s is a great group of ladies. Glad Dottie had fun chasing squirrels. Where I work is about 5 miles out of town and we’ve always had about 12-15 geese around and all of a sudden there are about 100 around the grounds in the morning. I told a friend of mine at work we must have made google maps as an animal habitat.

PierreBear, that is so nice of Amy’s ice cream to give away a free scope to everyone who comes in. That kind of gesture earns my loyalty. I hope the doctor finds what is going on with your co-worker. I would think it would take a while for everything to work normal again. Marty signs a contract for his gym. He has a choice of 6 months or 12 month. I am glad you found out how to say money on your gym membership. I always ask up front if you have different payment options. Blisters under your toenails sounds very painful. One of my sisters is a wheat farmer’s wife and she walks the field pulling rye. She loses her toenails all the time from so much walking. That is probably why she doesn’t have an ounce of fat on her. She’s tiny. I like what Jimmianne called your tan.

Scandi, I took a picture of the snow from my garage but it was lame. All the trees looked fabulous on my way to work but I never mess with my phone when I’m driving. But I will try and get some snow pictures of snow soon.

My stomach was talking to me last night and most of the morning. For some reason I don’t think it cared for more wine than food in my stomach. I only had 2 glasses of wine but the pizza had very thin crust so it wasn’t much food. After I ate lunch today I felt better.

Marty is heading back to LA next week and then will be going every other week through the holidays. I’ll just adjust to him being gone then he’ll be home then vice versa. I swear I need to load the couch up with bears before he comes home sometime. Of course he would flop right down on top of them and say “ooh throw pillows.” I haven’t done a family photo for quite a few bears ago.

I am contemplating new bling but it’s only $299.00. Persona charm bracelets has Snoopy charms and they sent me an email with a Christmas charm bracelet with all Snoopy. I am tempted but I don’t wear the Snoopy charms I have already. But it’s Snoopy! I’d forward the email to Marty to buy me for Christmas but if we make a trip to Denver before Christmas you know I’d rather have a new sapphire.

Have a great Thursday.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I missed that you’re having an inner bling struggle - sending good thoughts that you come to the right decision.

Jimmianne, of course, the perfect solution - keep both! Why didn’t I think if that? Especially if they feel like sneakers lol. Your chili sounds yummy. So cute that the dogs love it too.

PB, yes, that is a very interesting tan line! I’m glad you are taking it a little easy right now, you deserve it! Sorry to hear about your co-worker, I hope everything works out ok and it’s nothing serious.

Austina, glad you aren’t too sore, hopefully I can say the same thing tomorrow ha. My brother seems to be doing ok and getting used to his new life I think, thank you for thinking of him - he’s painting the kitchen cabinets now!

Had a great day in Charleston with dh, took a few pics but they didn’t come out that great. Nothing special planned for tomorrow - it’s supposed to rain so maybe we’ll see a movie or something.

ETA - Marcy, we were posting at the same time! I had to chuckle that the rental company appreciates you because your checks don’t bounce! Apparently that’s a problem for them lol. I’ve been wearing my studs a lot and am pretty happy with them. A Snoopy charm bracelet sounds great - But so does a new sapphire! I love how trees look when they’re covered in snow. Sorry your stomach didn’t feel quite right and I’m glad that having something to eat helped.

Have a good night, see you all soon!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear OMG. Didn't know you were doing a full ironman until I read your post. Damn. You finished. OMG. I can't even get my head around an ironman. Yes, you did it. You're done. You crossed that finish line. No one can ever take that from you. Where is the bowing emoji??? I am just starting to think I might want to train for another full. Well, it's definitely time to chill and relax every weekend. Congratulations. A HUGE achievement.:appl::appl::appl:

P

PierreBear

Hello hello NIRDI ladies! I came home yesterday to a kitchen that was transformed. The contractor was putting up tiles but it wasn’t until he filled in the grout that it really just came together. DH and I really felt lucky that we picked the right shape and size tiles. It’s always one of those feelings of uncertainty on whether it would look good on a large scale. There are still some more things to do like adding in the grout lines between the counter tops and the tile etc but we are really glad we did the project. I’ve been puttering around on whether it would be a good idea for about 2 years but the end result is that the kitchen is brightened up and feeling a tad bit fancier but still fits in with the style of the rest of the home. However, not much progress on the water leak issue. Contractor will continue to investigate but as of right now, I am guessing that I’ll keep the holes in the ceiling and walls for awhile longer to try and get more information. I fear that we really just need to take the siding off and replace it. We will see though.

Hope ya’ll have a wonderful day!

@Jimmianne – Hurray for keeping stylish shoes that feel like sneakers! My toe nails are still bothering the most since the race. Wearing flip flops is most comfortable but not professional for the work setting and it’s a bit too cold now. Surprisingly, wearing tiny kitten heels is better than flats at the moment since I suppose with the angel, my toe nails are not angled up as high.

You are so kind to share your chili with the dogs. Speaking of pets, please tell me more about your miniature horses if you don’t mind discussing. When did you acquire them and do they all have different personalities?

Hahaha… I did think the other day that this is quite the “tattoo.” Who knew I could be so dark. I always thought I hit my maximize amount of pigment on my skin.

@marcy – Wow now your sister is the tough one. Good for her! I haven’t actually lost a toe nail before but it usually gets damaged/bruised where it gets thick and discolored. My nails are painted year round with dark colors.

Glad your stomach is feeling better. Good luck figuring out your next bling purchase. When it’s from sweet Marty, I’m sure snoopy or sapphire would be wonderful.

@junebug17 – Hope you have fun in Charleston and enjoy the movie on the rainy day. I think we are finally watching Bladerunner today. We rewatched the original recently so we are ready for the more recent one. I don’t mind action flicks but I think we will treat ourselves to a theater that also serves a meal so if the moving isn’t interesting, at least I’ll say I enjoyed the food. My father in law thinks that is such a weird concept, to be distracted by eating while watching a movie. I’ll have to agree, stumbling in the dark with chicken wings is something I attempted one time but it felt like quite a treat. Growing up we were the family that never ordered popcorn, drinks, or candy. So something about ordering a simple meal during a movie seems like a huge deal.

@LLJsmom – Thank you ma’am for the kind words. I would use the bowing emjoi on your fast running skills though! I’m a slow and steady type of girl and not speedy by any means. Good luck to you if you decide to sign up for a marathon. Keep us posted on what you decide to do or if you want to just join me in relaxing. : )

@missy – Good morning friend! Hope you are doing well with health and the bling struggles. You are very much loved here on PS and hope you have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am glad your brother is fixing up his new place to make it more his own. I hope you found something fun to do on a rainy day. I am glad you are totally loving your gorgeous earrings. The friend of mine who was over here to play cards the other night said she was wanting a nice pair of studs. She wears a lot of fashion jewelry but I told her if she has nice studs she’d probably wear them a lot.

Hi LLJsmom.

PierreBear, I am so glad the tiles brightened up your kitchen. When we did that at our old house I was amazed at the difference it made. I sure wish they could figure out the water leak and that it is an easy fix. Sometimes those things are so hard to find. Yes, I would say my sister is pretty tough. I would never have guessed she’d end up as a farmer’s wife because she’s works hard all the time. Have you recovered yet?

Not much going on with me. Marty gets home tomorrow. His sister is coming up Saturday to look at pickups. Sounds like Marty wants to look at a GMC Sierra Denali. I wouldn’t be too happy if he thinks he wants a new pickup. We will see.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Sorry I wasn't able to post here yesterday AM. I ran out of time. But I have some exciting decisions to make. You know how the saying goes about choice right? Sometimes too much choice can be too much.Or did I just make that up?:lol:

Junie so glad you are enjoying your beach house and hope your weather is nice now. You're lucky to be away. It will be in the 20s this weekend here brrrrrrr. I am trying to resist taking one of my winter coats to the beach today. I hardly got to wear my autumn jackets. Glad your brother is fixing up his place and hope he is adjusting and feeling more content and at peace.

Marcy My vote is drumroll please....New Bling for YOU! Haha I sure bet my vote surprised you (not).:lol:...I hope your stomach is feeling better. I am glad Marty is coming home soon and I sure hope he doesn't get a new pickup. Fingers crossed for you.

Jimmianne yay you know my vote is always keep both if you can...bling and rings included..:oops2::lol: If only diamonds were as easy to afford as shoes and clothes...sigh. By the way speaking of bling OMG did you check out gem concepts on IG. THUD is all I can say. And awwww thank you. You are all those wonderful things too! Stupendous, sweeeeet, something else, super wonderful and soooooooo amazing.:kiss2:

Austina haha glad you and Dottie are enjoying the cold weather. I have to get to that point too as it is getting COLD cold cold here. But I am not ready for it...perhaps our bling will keep us warm and toasty hehe.:sun: The bling sure does bring the (figurative) sun doesn't it?:cool2:

PierreBear first of all thank you for reaching out. I know I already said it but you are amazing. I am in awe of your athletic abilities and all the NIRDIs are so proud of you. You're a part of our PS family and NIRDI group and you ROCK girl! No matter the rings or bling you are wearing you rock in every single way.:appl:

Hellooo Sharon, hope you are staying warm and comfie and that you are enjoying a lovely week. Any snow activities? Snowshoeing? Cross country? I hope we get to enjoy Cross Country skiing this winter. It's been a long time since we went and I have a desire to go. I keep thinking how beautiful the diamonds will look in the snow...8-) (yes these days I seem to have a one track mind lol).

OK so we are leaving soon for the beach house but want to share a photo or 2 or 10 or 11 :lol-2: with you lovely ladies.
Disclaimer: I suck at taking photos (and definitely suck at video but I can't share that here either though watch my IG if you are interested) and it is early here and I didn't sleep much this entire week. So I am uploading a few pics but really not sure which ones I am sharing here. Just want to share something with you girls and I hope you enjoy the pics. I don't have any decisions made yet fyi. I am going to take my time and evaluate this beautiful OEC in all different types of lighting and environments. Will report back when I know anything. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy!

beavstheI.jpg

IVVS2.jpeg

Look at this glorious platinum antique setting with antique marquise diamonds. So not my normal preference but this setting IMO is killer.:love: And also IMO the OEC in it aint too bad.:lol:
profileofIOEC.jpg

IVVS2.jpg

IOECindirectlight.jpg

LLJsmom liked this photo so I am including it but please ignore my gawd awful hands.:knockout:
IOEConhand.jpg

Most of my pics were taken at night because by the time I got the ring and got home I had very little daylight left and also I had to eat something as I hadn't eaten since early that morning so well I lost good light.
Oh well there is always today right?:cheeky:

profilescomparingoecs.jpg

oecscomparison.jpg

beaandIOEC.jpg

beaandtheIonmyhand.jpg

The photos don't do the I OEC justice but I will try again today. Thanks for looking and hope you don't mind the photo overload. Have a great day girls and stay warm!:wavey:

(I might add another pics because I have reached my 10 pic limit already:oops2: and have one more to share and what's another photo amongst bling lovers right?):halo::kiss::halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize I didn't share my thoughts regarding the differences between the OECs. The faceting is very different but I cannot say one is more beautiful to me (right now) than the other. And perhaps I won't be able to choose which faceting I prefer because maybe I love both of them...can I please keep both? LOL OK OK I know I cannot keep both. Sigh.

Continuing on....Bea is softer and more flowery in her facets. This I OEC is more checkerboard with crisper faceting and right now as far as I can tell brighter and whiter than Bea. And that is something I am looking for if I upgrade. I love Bea in every way except recently her tint has started bothering me in certain lighting conditions. Enough to make me start searching for another as beautiful as Bea but just a bit brighter and whiter.
The jury is still out as I have had the I for just a little over 12 hours and much of that time was overnight when both rings were away in their jewelry boxes.

Last pics for now. Taken right before bed. Excuse the dry skin. Focus on the diamond. :love: ::)

IOEConmyhand.jpg

beavstheIOEC.jpg

BeavsIOEC.jpg

:wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to share this first photo I took when I saw the ring yesterday at Adam's office.

IVVS2OECinsetting.jpg

OK seriously that is it for now. Sorry for inundating you girls with bling photos this early AM!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you, Missy, the best in making your decision.
It’s a tough one!
I keep looking and looking at both of them and for me it would be impossible.
It I will say this. You have been considering this change for a long time, so it is not a whim, but something your heart wants. Your heart will tell you the answer.
I hope that this is not an ena-bling comment!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you, Missy, the best in making your decision.
It’s a tough one!
I keep looking and looking at both of them and for me it would be impossible.
It I will say this. You have been considering this change for a long time, so it is not a whim, but something your heart wants. Your heart will tell you the answer.
I hope that this is not an ena-bling comment!

Tough for sure. Love to see a video.

The setting is fabu. FABU I tell ya!

Off to snow shoe to work. LOLOL. Another regional tradition! (NOT). It is 0 outside so warming up! lolol

cheers--Sharon

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nirdis,

Rushing, as usual. Missy, I swear I haven't forgotten the marble photo - I just haven't been home in enough daylight to take one, hopefully over the weekend. Oooooh on that ring! Can I be the odd one out and say that I don't love the setting? I usually really like a vintage setting, but on this one, I feel like it doesn't somehow go with the stone and the prongs are a bit distracting. The centre looks gorgeous, but I'm not sure it has the same personality (if that makes any sense) as Bea...

Looking forward to catching up over the weekend. Have a great Friday everyone.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Keep warm @canuk-gal I don't envy you the snow.

Grouting tiles always makes a huge difference @PierreBear and I'm glad you're pleased with the finished results, always so satisfying to get a job done. I hope your aches aren't bothering you, and your body is getting back to normal. I hope the window problem gets sorted out soon so you don't have to out up with a holey ceiling. Yes, Colin is/was an accountant, hence his obsession with spread sheets :lol:

Hope Marty is home safe and sound @marcy and you have a great weekend together. I'm assuming the pick up will be a beast of a machine. We had a Yukon Denali as a hire car last year, and I hated it, it was really unwieldy and I didn't find it very stable.

Hope you've really enjoyed your time in SC @junebug17 and it's recharged your batteries to deal with things when you get back home.

I think if I gave Dottie chilli @Jimmianne , we'd be the ones suffering :lol:

If the ring is what you truly want @missy, if it'll make you happy, then go for it, ultimately it's your decision.

Big wave to the other NIRDI's have a great weekend :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys :wavey:

I went back a couple of pages just to see how everyone is doing and it was so nice to see the familiar faces and posts. Always so nice.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi it's been so long. I miss you all and hope you are all doing great.

Have a great weekend :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, ooh how exciting to be test driving a new OEC. I think both are gorgeous diamonds. Bea is always gorgeous. The other one is really nice too. I do see what you are saying about brightness and crisp facets. It’s nice you can wear it around in real life and check it out in all sorts of lighting. A hardware store has fabulous spotlight lights and really make diamonds come to life. That’s about the only time Marty can get me in a hardware so it okay I’ll come along and look at my diamonds. Did you take a winter coat with you to the beach? It sounds like you are getting some cold, cold weather there. As Jimmianne said follow what your heart tells you.

Sharon, it sounds cold and snowy there.

Jaaron, you noticed that too - after DST goes off I’m only home in the dark.

Austina, Marty did make it home. He is at his gym. His sister isn’t here yet (or she’s at the gym). My guess on why Marty wants to look at that pickup is it’s metal instead of aluminum. He bought magnetic signs for his doors with info about his gym. His F150 is aluminum. I’ll remind him we paid for all of his maintenance for 6 years and have 0% financing. It sure wouldn’t make sense to me to change. Did it warm up there?

I am glad the weekend is here. I think I’ll pass on chasing around looking at pickups tomorrow and get all the laundry done. Marty heads out again on Sunday so may as well get it all done before then.

I am trying a lazy supper. Oven fries and oven burger. I doubt the burger turns out well. It’s just me avoid dishes. Ha Ha.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy dirty Porsche

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ! I hope you are doing well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results