shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I haven't seen Missy’s kitchen at the beach, but I second your idea to paint the brick white!
Hey! You absolutely NEED to visit Oakgem! I’ll go with you sometime : )
Hope the closing does not interfere with your plans. You have some closure on the way. Good.

Sharon, thank you very much. And glad to hear they are awesome.
[A NIRDI trip to Oakgem???]
After I saw the ring on eBay, I went to their website and got the $100 discount. Truthfully, as I may have said, I wasn’t expecting it to be that great ... it was in the “too good to be true” category but now that I know they are reputable and have great prices for great items I am a total fan of theirs! Oh goodie, another new addiction.
Oh...beautiful snow coming your way. As an ol’ Buffalo gal I miss that terrible weather.
Stay safe and let me know how much snow you ended up getting.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wowser @Jimmianne your new ring really compliments your stack, a beautiful addition, and sounds like you got a really good deal too, even sweeter :love:

@junebug17 I'm so sorry there's still been no conclusion to the house sale yet. I really hope it doesn't interfere with your trip next week. It sounds like you reallly need to get away for some me time, bereavement and selling a house are 2 of the most stressful things to deal with, and you've had both at the same time.

Stay safe and warm @canuk-gal brrrrrrr to the snow

Is it unseasonably cold where you are @Calliecake ? :lol: at your little fair weather trick or treating niece. Still, better for her teeth not to have too many sweeties:mrgreen2:

I hope the dental visit went well @missy and the crown is now firmly in place.

Sounds like the architect is on the ball with his suggestions for the kitchen reno, and not removing the wall will mean far less mess and upheaval. It may not be what you were hoping for, but I'm sure you'll end up loving your new kitchen.

Sorry you're having trouble with your sinuses @marcy it sounds miserable, is there anything you can do? The weather is all over the place at the moment, and the wind always seems to blow everyone else's debris in to your garden. Colin is constantly clearing leaves from other people's trees.

I've got used to not sleeping much, and the night sweats and hot flushes don't help much :roll2: Oh the joys of being a woman :lol:

Hope you're all have a good day :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina , You comments had me LOL. Some of us NIRDI's were explaining all the changes we go thru with hot flashes, skin changes to a 40ish cab driver. I'm sure we ruined the poor woman's day.

Marcy, Are your sinuses feeling any better?

Beautiful ring @Jimmianne

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRIDs!

Callie, those cold nights do limit how many trick or treaters go out. I bet your niece was adorable in her costume. What did she dress up as this year? I don’t blame her for wanting to go home so since it was cold. Having your furbaby snuggle up with you all day sounds nice and warm. My sinuses are better today. Thank you.

Missy, I hope you were warmer today. The forecast said it would be 52 here but when I went out to lunch (with only a fleece jacket) it felt like 23. Burr. That new set of flannel sheets is really soft; I am anxious to try them. Marty leaves Sunday for a week; I might put them on before he reaches the airport. What happened with some jeweler? That doesn’t sound good. I hope your new crown worked out okay. I have a good feeling about that architect; he can help you update your kitchen but keep the charm you already have. I am excited to see what you guys do with your new kitchen.

Jimmianne, your pretty in pink ring inspired me to dig out my WG pink sapphire ring, bracelet and earrings today. Love all of your bands together with your ring. You find the greatest pieces of jewelry. I am so glad you are enjoying your new clothes. I am going to have to check out oakgem.

Junebug, not a bad idea to get a different setting for your OEC pendant. I don’t remember if I’ve seen a picture of it. I like having someone on my neck since I can never see my earrings. My sinuses and headache are better today. Thank you. I hate to hear you are still waiting to close on your mom’s house. I hope it doesn’t interfere with your trip.

Sharon, stay safe and warm. I think your snow is moving our way next.

Austina, extra strength Excedrin helps my headaches but I didn’t take any yesterday. Luckily I am better today. The weather does really change this time of year and it usually means wind as fronts move in and out. Ugh. Sorry Colin has to clear out leaves that blow in all the time. We don’t have big enough trees here to drop off many leaves but our last house had trees that were high maintenance. Some cottonwood trees blew in and grew like weeds. We were excited for free trees but the leaves they left behind were everywhere and they were cotton bearing which was a total mess. You can’t sweep that up because they are sticky and when they dry up the burst apart in little pieces. LOL to the joys of being a woman. I always say I wish I could catch hot flashes since I am cold all the time but my friends tell me - no you don’t want to catch them.

Kind of strange that I mentioned mountain lions a few weeks ago. They found one in town today and had to tranquilize it and take it out of town to release it. We were looking at a local map and the most likely area it would live is west of town so if it came in to town that way he was easily 10 miles in to town before they found him. If he came in from the south he was still 5 miles or more from that direction. Such excitement for a small city.

The forecast was fake news today - the expected high of 52 was severely exaggerated since it felt like 23 when I went to lunch. Being the stubborn person I am I only had my fleece jacket again.

Well I’d best get ready for bed. I might google Oakgem first.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy I read this too late to warn you. LOL I did the same thing [googled oakgem] and ended up going to bed later than I wanted. Did you see anything interesting?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, Austina, Marcy and everyone else who asked I'm doing fine re the crown. Thanks for your good wishes.
Scandi happy all is quiet and handled on the school front.
Sharon hope you're staying warm.

Jimmianne
thanks for the white brick suggestion. You couldn't know this but greg has an adverse reaction to any painted brick as in absolutely not lol. I otoh think it's an intriguing suggestion but I know my dh. He's a purist with these sort of things. But thank you sweetie. I appreciate the suggestion!

Austina I feel your pain. Being a woman of a certain age can be challenging and I always conjure up in my head the Helen Reddy song "I am woman hear me roar" when I am feeling defeated or sad. And we can alter that slightly to "we are women hear us roar nirdi gals too great to ignore" :sun:

Marcy so glad your sinus headache is better today. Those are awful. The pseudoephedrine pills are the only drug that work for me.
Hope the flannel sheets are as comfortable and soft as you want. I think the kitchen will be pretty enough. I keep reminding myself perfect is the enemy of good. And it is our part time house. Now just have to figure out the fridge situation. Yesterday I was all set to go with two 30" Kitchen Aid Refrigerators but the appliance store we went to didn't have it on the floor to show us and I need to see the produce drawers. We called Kitchen Aid directly and they didn't have the crisper drawer dimensions. Isn't that nuts? Anyway the search continues.

It's warmer and sunnier here the past 2 days but we aren't going cycling. Too much to do and truth be told I'm worried to go because yesterday I had a few growths cryogenically removed from my face by a new to me dermatologist and you guessed it. I made another doctor mistake. When will I learn after the podiatrist fiasco. Must only go to doctors I know and have a history with or get an amazing recommendation for before I try them out on my own. Ugh I'm so stupid!!!!:cry2::(

This derm (went to Cornell and has great credentials but somehow he just didn't care and was too rushed to do it the right way) just blasted the 2 growths over too wide an area getting healthy skin with the canister vs using a q tip like my derm at NYU carefully does so now I am still hurting and have 2 HUGE blisters. Over the past 15 years seeing David at NYU I have never blistered when he removed these growths on my face with cryotherapy and certainly these are the hugest blisters I've ever seen. And I'm terrified I am going to scar. Nothing to do but wait and hope applying sunblock won't burst the blisters. Ugh.

So more fridge hunting today plus tomorrow we are entertaining at the beach house so Greg has prep work to do. He left early this AM to pick up fresh Bluefish for our guests which is a nice surprise since you usually cannot get Bluefish here in November. So yay for that.

Hi to everyone and sorry if I missed you in my reply. Im sort of writing on the go on my iPad.
Have a wonderful day girls!:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there everyone!

Missy, good news about the crown, glad it went well. I’m so sorry about the blisters though! I can’t believe that doctor was so careless :(2 I’m sending lots of healing vibes and positive thoughts that they clear up soon with no scarring. I hope you can push it out of your mind enough to enjoy your get together with your friends. Bluefish sounds good! Good luck with the fridge shopping, hope you find one you like.

Oooh, road trip to Oakgem Jimmianne, sounds good lol!

Oh no to snow already Sharon! Brr, it’s getting cold in your neck of the woods - stay warm and safe. I’m getting cocky because we’ve been enjoying a stretch of warm weather here, before you know it I’ll be freezing :cry2:

Marcy, I’m glad you are feeling better today. Sinus pain is just terrible and very draining. On my gosh, a mountain lion in town is pretty crazy, I can see why it stirred up some excitement. So funny that you’re holding off on moving to a warmer coat, I do that too lol! I guess it’s some form of denial ha.

Scandi, I’m very glad to hear that your ds is ok! Hopefully the measures the school is taking will ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Sending support and love, so sorry your ds and your family had to go through this.

Here is a pic of my pendant - it was sold to me as .75, F color, VS1 but it’s not graded so who knows - It’s pretty though. It’s in an illusion setting.

462003D0-8A03-4EF5-9076-D4EE1AFBA1C6.jpeg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so far behind! Hope to catch up properly soon, but trying to read along.

@missy, I'm so sorry re the blisters! That is awful!! Stupid man!
@Jimmianne You are not short, but someone sure is shallow.... LOL
@PierreBear Have you raced already? How did it go?? / When is it? Are you ready? Please take your pick... LOL
@marcy Maybe I should move your way so perhaps I could see a mountain lion too... Careful what I wish for... LOL
@Austina Merry weekend? Any plans? My best to Dottie!
@Calliecake @LLJsmom and everyone, Thank you for your support. DS will be starting martial art lessons (taekwondo because that is what we have available for his age here for the moment) asap.

Merry weekend girls! We are going to a formal work-related dinner party tomorrow (Saturday). Wish me luck with the small talk with all the people I don't know! (My DH's work thing, so I'll try to play wifey to perfection... or not... perhaps nail designer for a day...? Or not. Know too many even if not enough LOL. Nails and lashes done, have bought a new dress. Well actually two so need to make a choice - short black with lace or wine burgundy knee length - which one do you like best? Please imagine black stockings and that I'm about a head shorter than the first model, so the black one is much longer on me lol The burgundy is more accurate in length for some weird reason:

black lace.jpeg
burgundy.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh they are both pretty but I am leaning towards the burgundy Scandi - very elegant!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh they are both pretty but I am leaning towards the burgundy Scandi - very elegant!

Thank you! :) June, I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell you how much I LOVE your pendant!! It is truly pretty!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:love: I love the black dress @Scandinavian You're young, gorgeous and have a great bod, go for it girl! :lol:

So glad the school will be keeping the other boy in check from now on. I don't profess to know anything about autism, but I thought that one of the issues was not engaging with others. It'll be great for your little guy to learn a martial art and tae kwondo looks like fun.

Wow, your pendant is lovely @junebug17 and certainly looks bright and white. What sort of new setting are you thinking of?

I'm pleased to hear your sinuses are clear @marcy, nothing worse than feeling all bunged up. I feel kind of sorry for the mountain lion, presumably he was hungry and looking for food. Reminds me of Churchill where they tranquillise the polar bears, stick them in jail then chopper them out.

Our neighbour used to have a huge Wellingtonia in their front garden. After one particularly windy night, Colin swept up 13 big black sacks worth of bits from it :eek2: They used to clog up the gutters and get stuck in Harry's fur. First thing we did when we moved here, was to remove 2 of them from our front garden.

Step away from the computer @Jimmianne you don't need any more bling :lol:

Tell me about it @Calliecake, nothing really prepares you for the delights of menopause :roll2: Still, it's better than the alternative, and I can honestly say that I don't mourn the loss of fertility.

Arrggghh @missy I'm so sorry the dermo has made a mess of your face. I had what I thought was a mole on my shoulder, so had it frozen. :-o Ouch, ouch, ouch, it stung like fury, blistered horribly, but left no scaring whatsoever. Try not to worry. {{hugs}}

Have fun tomorrow evening with your guests, you can't best an evening in with good company.

It was really foggy here this morning, and very wintry. Not cold enough (for me) to wear a coat, but another layer. I don't think it'll be long tho' .:???:

If you're checking in @PierreBear Good luck for the race.

Yay, nearly the weekend :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Gonna dive right in before I forget everything.

@missy hope those blisters go away soon. Sending you healing vibes! And just saying you are beautiful they way you are. (((Hug)))

@junebug17 love the pendant. Great size. I bet it really pops on you being so white and bright. I also like that collar-ish necklace. I love how those kinds of necklaces sit. Really chic.

@marcy We get mountain lions too! They wander on the trail I run so I always go with a lager group. The trail also has a lot of deer so that probably explains it.

@Scandinavian so exciting that your son will be starting tae kwon do. It’s a skill that will be his forever and it introduces him to the world of martial arts. Then he will feel like he has some resources to use to protect himself. As an adult someday he can take it and progress to other disciplines as a workout or a skill or anything else. My DS has had 7 years of karate/Kung fu. He is open to learning other types like Krav Maga or Wing Chun. Whole new world out there.

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that’s awful. I hope you heal fast! I know it won’t take long, but I’m sorry. It makes me angry to think someone did that to you. Let me at ‘um.

June that diamond is very pretty...pretty facet pattern! And a nice size for wearing all the time.
Road trip road trip exclamation point

Scandi, my vote is for the burgundy, Love the neckline! Great glam & sexy style. With either of those dresse you will be a conversation stopper.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian I vote for the black. I’m reminded of the ZZ Top song, Legs... :D

Strangely enough after spending all weekend staring st bling I am discovering I love MK even more. And Victor’s setting is perfect for it. I was just telling Missy that I would need an additional ring.
0CFD0C64-3F83-4D4A-B17A-9969DA9D3343.jpeg
Funny how our feelings are so changeable.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs such a beautiful ring. It is funny isn’t it how we change, and it’s always so nice to fall in love all over again.
I’m going to see if I can find a thread for your ring. Would love to :love: At it somemore!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Eastern Standard Time Eve and NYC Marathon Eve. :appl:Don't forget (for many of us) we turn the clocks back tonight and gain an hour's sleep for those of us who can sleep late. Fall back and get some Zzzzzzzzzzs. But wake up right now and enjoy this beautiful Saturday morning!

LLJsmom THUD!:love: (in response to your MK masterpiece):love:
Yes more rings for all of us.:appl::bigsmile:
Aww thank you...you're beautiful too and you are a sweetheart to boot. Hey did someone say boots (boot season finally woohhoo) ? :lol:
And (((hugs))).

Junie gorgeous pendant. :love: And so pretty in blue. Doesn't everything look better in blue? What are your plans this weekend? It's a chilly crisp Saturday. What a stark contrast to our fun day and evening last Saturday right?

Scandi I like both those dresses and if the black one is longer on you (i.e. only a couple of inches above the knee) I like that one better because of the sleeves (in case it is cool at the event). If the black dress is shorter than a few inches above the knee (too short not good for work event IMO) then I choosethe burgundy and I love that sweetheart neckline and also the color is fresh and different vs another black dress. But make sure you have a shrug or light jacket to put over it if you get chilly.

Jimmianne it's pretty bad blisters. You know my super sensitive skin. Why do I always fall for thinking doctors know what they are doing or even care about their patients? Many do but many don't and we know what drives the latter. :knockout:
What are your weekend plans?

Austina thank you. How are you? How's Dottie doing? When is your next trip scheduled? How's the weather by you? It's getting very chilly here now.

PierreBear good luck for the race. Thinking of you!

Yesterday we ran errands and shopped for today's guests.

We refrigerator shopped and I fell for a Miele 36" fridge. The layout was sheer perfection and compared to all the cheaper fridges we saw no comparison. But do I want to spend near 10K for another fridge? Ugh.

Greg of course is pushing me to get the Miele and the Consumer reports is favorable. But as Rainwood wisely pointed out make sure we have authorized repair people here because I sure don't want a repeat of the Subzero fiasco.

I did the research for Miele repair people at the beach and it is not looking favorable for the Miele. Because when it breaks we need service and need it in a timely fashion. Still doing the research however so will see what we decide.

Who knew it would be so challenging to find a fridge lol. And we haven't yet started Marble shopping yet this year. LOLOL.

I swear it used to be so easy for me to make decisions and these days I am paralyzed with choices but that is because there is never a good choice lately if you kwim. It's not a matter of perfect being the enemy of good it's a matter of finding good. I am not being a perfectionist here I promise. :oops2:

Greg is currently cooking up a storm and the guests are arriving this afternoon. It smells soooo good in here right now. Some of the items on the menu are:
Corn chowder
Warm Corn tomato basil salad
Fresh salad with organic arugula, spinach, kale, red pepper and raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Roasted onions with balsamic and chive
Fresh Bluefish
Grilled turkey burgers
Fresh apple pie

I just hope I don't scare my guests with my face.:knockout: It isn't looking pretty and I sure hope I don't ruin their appetite.

Have a lovely Saturday girls!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok just got more coffee and I am procrastinating before I have to start doing things this AM LOL so will share some photos from yesterday.

My OEC pendant.

floweroecpendant.jpg

The Miele. 36" but the layout was so sweet. I didn't love the freezer but it would do for the part time beach house. This would be our first bottom freezer as I usually prefer the side by side. But again not looking likely that we will choose this fridge simply because I cannot sweat it when it breaks down if there are no easily found authorized repair people.

mieleoutside.jpg

Inside the Miele. I love the large easy to extend (soft close too) produce drawers. A much better drawer than the other fridges we evaluated.

mieleinside.jpg

Look at this extension.

mieleinside.jpeg

Freezer just ok. Not a lot of storage space but I could deal with that at the beach house plus we have a freezer/fridge downstairs for extra storage.

mielefreezer.jpg

OK that's all folks. Off for now and have a good day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last pic but warning please for the faint of heart LOOK AWAY and SKIP this post completely. And please keep in mind my photo doesn't do it justice. IRL it is bigger and more hideous and very very 3D. It sticks out a LOT. You have to take my word the blisters are way worse looking than the photo depicts and I am only sharing one of the horrible blisters with you because this one under my lip is the easiest to selfie photo. I have another horrid one on the left cheek near my perioral area (yeah right could you imagine if that sets off a POD flare and sure hoping it does not!):pray: and also praying that the blisters don't leave behind a scar (I have already another keloid scar on my face and don't want to add to it). :pray:

blisterunderlip.jpeg

OK I am really off now. Greg just came in to check on me and I have to get going. Cannot be in bed when the guests arrive (though I sure wish I could just pull the covers up over my head and hibernate for winter). :lol:

gregwalkingawaysosweet.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Missy, your menu for the dinner sounds delicious. I hope you can relax and enjoy the day with your friends. I’m so sorry about the blisters and I am continuing to send lots of healing vibes and positive thoughts that they go away soon with no problems.

The fridge you’re looking at is really nice. I hope you can find someone in the area to service it. I can understand being concerned about that.

Ah your pendant is just gorgeous! :love: Thanks for the nice words about mine, I’m thinking I might reset it into something similar to LLJsmom’s, I really love the look of her pendant.

Scandi, have a lovely time at your dinner tonight! It’s great your son is signed up for martial arts classes. Thanks for the compliment about my pendant.

Austina, have a great weekend. Sounds like you, Marcy, and I really don’t want to put on those winter coats lol. I was thinking of something like this for the pendant reset, I like the “floating diamond” look -
99AF1C8D-38A2-46B6-A598-B8B8D14C0525.jpeg

Calliecake, lol to telling dh you found your dream car!

LLJsmom, beautiful pic of MK, she is fabulous!!! And the VC setting is just perfect for her. I’m so glad you are enjoying her so much. Thanks for the nice words about my pendant - as I was just saying, I love the look of yours so I might look into resetting it.

Jimmianne, I hope you have a nice weekend. Thanks, My OEC pendant is smallish but pretty - I wish I could make it grow to be 5 carats or so lol! Although I actually kind of prefer a smaller stone for a pendant. Rings are a different story :lol-2:

Dh is playing golf today, and we’ll probably go out for dinner when he gets back. He has to leave early tomorrow for a trip. I think dd is going to make an apppearance tomorrow and stay overnight; dh is disappointed he’ll miss her.

That’s about it - hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I haven't seen Missy’s kitchen at the beach, but I second your idea to paint the brick white!
Hey! You absolutely NEED to visit Oakgem! I’ll go with you sometime : )
Hope the closing does not interfere with your plans. You have some closure on the way. Good.

Sharon, thank you very much. And glad to hear they are awesome.
[A NIRDI trip to Oakgem???]
After I saw the ring on eBay, I went to their website and got the $100 discount. Truthfully, as I may have said, I wasn’t expecting it to be that great ... it was in the “too good to be true” category but now that I know they are reputable and have great prices for great items I am a total fan of theirs! Oh goodie, another new addiction.
Oh...beautiful snow coming your way. As an ol’ Buffalo gal I miss that terrible weather.
Stay safe and let me know how much snow you ended up getting.

JA: I'd say we got 10 cms. 6.6 cms in one day. I walked to work and the path I take hadn't been shoveled yet--I had a huge rush of memories--like I was walking to school! Ankle deep snow and big furry boots! In truth I really dislike the cold weather--I am just not built for it. -17C is yucky with wind chills at -24C. brrrrrrrrrrrrr That said, I will admit it looks really beautiful!

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Have fun today! I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time.

@LLJsmom Your ring is perfect and you had the perfect setting made for MK. Having two rings sounds like a perfect solution, three would be even better!

Scandi, You will look great in both dresses. I don't think you could look less than fantastic in anything .

Junie, My husband also loves the car. Unfortunately I don't think it falls into what he had in mind budget wise for my next car. It was a nice little fantasy while it lasted. Did you happen to see @LLJsmom necklace. Her necklace is very similar and gorgeous. I had her take pictures so I have them on my phone when I'm ready to purchase. I bought a fake necklace very much like the one you posted at Nordstrom to see if I would actually wear it before investing in another piece of jewelry and loved it.

Sharon, I'm sorry you are dealing with snow. Why do summers always seem so short? I actually love the first couple of snows we get that stick to the trees. I would actually really miss them if I moved away.

@pierre Bear, Good luck on your race!

@Austina, I don't know why but it surprises me how differently menopause can affect women. My mom had no issues and breezed thru it. When my doctor told me his definition of severe hot flashes I told him I would be thrilled if he could get me to what he considered severe. One of the women I worked with thought it was funny that I would go stand outside with no coat in in -10 degree weather to cool off. She didn't think it was funny at all when she had to do the same thing. She did appreciate the sympathy and tips she received when she went thru it a few months later. She said multiple times that I was the only one close to her that understood.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake, yes, I got the idea to reset when I saw LLJsmom’s pendant lol! Really pretty, love the look of the diamond floating on the neckline. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Thank you all for the kind words about my sinuses. They are better.

Jimmianne, I checked out sapphire and teddy bear jewelry on gemoak and then went to bed. I didn’t see anything I couldn’t live without.

Scandi, I am glad you DS is doing okay and the school is assigning someone to work with that other boy. Both dresses are pretty but I’d pick the burgundy one too. I hope the party is fun.

Missy, I am glad your crown is doing well. I am so sorry the derm appointment didn’t turn out well. I hope those blisters are healing okay and don’t hurt. That blister does look painful. Good luck picking a refrigerator. I remember liking the Kitchenaid refrigerators when we were looking. Rainwood offered good advice to get something that is easy to find a repairman for if you have trouble. Have fun with your guests. The menu sound great. Your pendant is very pretty.

Junebug, we end up with antelope, deer, elk, bears, moose and lions in town. It breaks the monotony of a small city. Luckily it’s always just excitement and no one gets hurt. They call in the Game and Fish, who tranquilize them, tag them and take them out of town and release them. I think you nailed it about being in denial that winter is actually coming. I don’t want to admit to that at all. Your pendant is very pretty. You can browse pendant settings on stullers.com. I like to play look there frequently. I like the floating look you posted.

Austina, I kind of doubt the lion was looking for food because there are a lot of small varmints around but I don’t know. You know they have to be kind of scared when people start noticing them. Good idea to take down the Wellingtons especially to keep them out of Dottie’s fur. I think I saw snow was coming your way.

LLJsmom, I hear stories about lions along running trails out there. Good idea to run in a group. I have heard karate and Kung Fu also really help children with self-confidence. That is great. Lovely picture of MK out for a drive.

Sharon, it seems like I trudged through snow frequently walking to school too. As you said, it is pretty. I’m not a fan of the cold either.

Callie, hopefully you dream car becomes reality. I guess I missed what car you were considering. I have a friend that goes out and stands in the snow to cool off. If I am ever that hot I probably should go to the hospital. I am always cold.

As Missy mentioned tomorrow we can sleep an extra hour. There is a guy at work who collects clocks and it takes him usually a week to get all of his clocks set during the time change.

Not much going on this weekend. I am getting laundry done today since Marty leaves tomorrow. We had the cleaning lady come in today so ate breakfast and lunch out. Marty is having a poker night in the man cave. Sounds like 6 to 8 guys are coming over. If my friend’s husband is wrapped up watching college football she might come over for cribbage.

Have a great weekend.
Take care.

Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0161.JPG
An old familiy ring, handed down to me from my mother today :) Used to belong to my great grandmother's sister. IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0166.JPG IMG_0167.JPG

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What the heck??! I leave you guys over night and wake up to more news than one person could ever respond to! Great reading though...

Sharon, thanks for the snow report. I love that it sends you back in time a little. I used to walk a mile to school or church as a kid and believe it not I still have fresh memories of specific iced-over puddles with the beautiful patterns that crunched under foot. Thank you for sharing your memory.

Missy. About appliances. Ugh. It’s an issue these days, seems like NOTHING lasts. My new Samsung washer & dryer that replaced my still robust 12 year old stacking unit???
2 years out, does not work, cannot find a respected repair person, so it’s being replaced.
You are smart to buy what can be repaired.
Enjoy your guests - I know they will be delighted to see you and won’t give two hoots about blisters. Those types of things always seem huge to us, no one else notices or if they do, don’t give it a thought. Anyway, you’re beautiful, inside & out so a blister can’t mar that.

Scandi, hi. That is a sweet, pretty ring! I love the way the stone is set and the deep carved patterns. A real treasure. I hope you have an opportunity to wear it soon. I could see it paired with a chunky wide gold band, or eternities with the same colors... but then again I am always thinking in stacks. Lol
Have you decided on your dress?

My fit bit came yesterday. Since I bought it for the sleep tracker, it's a keeper. I think the Apple Watch is cooler, with all it’s little apps, but the Fitbit runs 7 times longer on one charge, is less bulky, and doesn’t light up while you are sleeping. So, my review is that the Apple was a better “toy”, but the Fitbit is more practical and does -just and only- what is needed. And the skinny fusia band looks great with a tennis bracelet! Ha.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Daylight Eastern Standard Time! OMG I fell asleep at 1AM and woke at 2AM but at 4AM fell back asleep and woke at 8AM so it wasn't a loss and thank you EST for allowing it to happen without guilt.=)2

Marcy hope Marty won at poker and that your friend came over for cribbage and that you all enjoyed a wonderful evening. Safe vibes for Marty's travel. So glad your sinuses are better. Mine started hurting last night and after popping 2 psdeudoephedrine I am feeling much better but they did wake me up in the middle of the night hurting again but I took another pill and was able to finally fall back asleep. Thanks so much for your good thoughts. One of the blisters partly popped and fingers crossed it doesn't get infected or anything.

Junie hope your dh enjoyed golf yesterday and that you enjoyed a lovely dinner last night. I hope your DD is there with you today and this week keeping you company and enjoying time with you. Love your pendant reset idea. It will be beautiful.
Thanks so much for the good wishes as always. My blisters are looking arghh awful and the one under my lip partly popped yesterday late morning and I hope it doesn't become infected. I cannot put any antibiotic ointment on it because I am worried about flaring my POD. Fingers crossed it ends up all OK.
Hope the closing for your mom's home is scheduled soon. Fingers crossed for that as well.

Callie thanks sweetie. Hope you had a good day and I am thinking of you.

Jimmianne thank you. That's such a kind thing to say and I feel the same way about you.
Keep us posted on your Fitbit tracking for sleep and other activity. I am interested. Sorry about your Samsung washer and dryer. Ugh. The one thing we know for sure is the appliances we buy now will definitely break down. The question only remains is when will they break down. And will it be worth repairing or just purchasing new "crap". :knockout:

Scandi what a lovely ring.

Sharon stay warm and comfie.

We had such a wonderful time yesterday. Weather was crisp and cool but perfect. We spent a few hours outside with our guests by the wood fire enjoying the company and view and hors d'oeuvres and soup. (OMG the veggie corn chowder Greg made from scratch is incredible).

cornchowdervegetarian.jpg

november2017beachhousewithfriends.jpg

fireandwateratbeachhouse.jpg

And the dinner we enjoyed inside where we were comfortably toasty. Just posting a few pics of the food.

Basil tomato corn salad. Out of this world delicious.
warmcorntomatosalad.jpg

Roasted onions. Incredibly sweet and good.

roastedonions.jpg

Fresh bluefish with fennel and fresh lemon. Amazing.

bluefishwithlemonandfennel.jpg

And our guests were so thoughtful. They brought Limoncello for me remembering I love Limoncello from my 3 week trip in Italy. I don't know how she remembered that but she did.

And the other guests brought me chocolate peanut butter treats and again super thoughtful they remembered how much I love (thought it doesn't love me lol) peanut butter.

chocolatepeanutbutterdesserts.jpg

Greg baked Apple pie and made apple tarts for each of our guests to bring home.

applepienov2017.jpg

appletartsnov2017.jpg

applepiebeachhousenov2017.jpg

All in all a successful and enjoyable day. Good friends, good company, and good food.:appl:
Bob (dentist/photographer who took our wedding photos as his gift to us) taking photos yesterday with his camera.

bobtakingphotos.jpg

And that's all folks! Thanks for sharing in our day by reading and hopefully enjoying this post.
Have a wonderful Sunday and Love you NIRDIs.:wavey: (((Hugs))).

gregandmissynov2017beachhouse.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I hope you had a nice time yesterday with your friends - I saw Greg’s apple pie in the baking thread and it looks so good.

Calliecake, a new car - exciting!

Marcy, glad your sinuses are better. Sounds like your town stays on top of keeping everyone safe. Funny, in SC it’s alligators lol. There are bobcats there too, and they don’t seem to bother people. Sorry Marty is leaving for another trip, I hope the week goes by fast for you. Thanks for the Stuller suggestion, I’m going to check it out. I’m getting excited about this little project. Lol to the guy who collects clocks! It takes us a while to change the few we have ha. Must take him forever.

Sharon, I used to walk to school in all kinds of weather too so I know what you mean. I’m not a big fan of cold weather either but I agree the snow does look beautiful.

Scandi, your heirloom ring is so pretty! :love: I love the setting, just beautiful. How great to have such a special and old piece. I agree with JA that it would look really nice stacked with a few bands. What dress did you decide on?

Jimmianne, glad you are enjoying your Fitbit! I have one too, but I haven’t been using it, ugh. I should. Yours sounds prettier than mine lol. Great idea to pair it with a tennis bracelet!

The closing for the house was supposed to be November 10 but my attorney told me to just go on my trip, he will tell buyer’s attorney the date doesn’t work and reschedule it for the following week. Fine with me, a few more days doesn’t matter at this point.

Have a good day everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Junie! I added the apple pie above in my post before this one for everyone's viewing pleasure.

We are sorry we didn't have you ladies all over for some of Greg's home cooking this last NIRDI visit (it was so close to happening and then the schedule just didn't work out right due to trip timing and different schedules of the ladies and didn't want to leave anyone out) and next time we have a NIRDI gathering he is going to cook and bake for all of you!!!

So fair warning. (Rainwood get ready to team up with Greg and cook and bake up a storm...maybe we can get PierreBear to join in the chef festivities).:appl:
I promise to do my part and eat up a storm...just
saying.:lol:

Junie have a wonderful trip. Don't worry about anything!

Happy NYC marathon Sunday!!! Good luck to all participating! Run like the wind!:sun:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It's a beautiful crisp, bright winters day here, still not cold enough for this 'hottie' to need a coat :lol:

What a pretty ring @Scandinavian and so special to be a family heirloom.

I have a basic Fitbit @Jimmianne, a hand me down from Adam, he bought me a Tory Burch bangle for it, which I really like.

IMG_2127.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the evening with your guests @missy, the menu sounds lovely.

Why is buying things always such a pain? I hope you find the perfect appliances, and yes, you're right to take potential repairers into consideration. As Jimmianne says, things just don't seem to last as long these days as they used to.

I hope the blisters are going down, I'm sure you look just as beautiful.

@LLJsmom your ring is stunning, the setting really shows off the diamond and sits so well on your hand:love:

If we had that much snow here, the country would grind to a halt @canuk-gal Keep safe and warm

That's quite a menagerie of visitors @marcy, ours are much smaller and potentially less fierce :D I'm not sure our sheltered corner will get any snow, at least I hope not, although temperatures are set to plummet this coming week. I'm not sure Dottie has really seen much snow. Our last boy, Harry used to love it.

IMG_2128.jpg

I love the floating pendant look @Calliecake, I have mine on an adjustable chain.

I consider myself to have got off relatively lightly with menopause symptoms, after years of suffering horrendous pain, it's a relief to only put up with the hot flushes and night sweats. I'm taking Maca, made from an organic Peruvian root, and I'm convinced it's really helping.

I hope you've all enjoyed your extra hour, our clocks went back last week, and Dottie hasn't adjusted, she pestering for her dinner from 3.30pm :roll2:

Lots of fireworks going off here last night (Guy Fawkes), but we managed to keep her calm, put the TV on really loudly and bribed her with popcorn, seemed to do the trick :lol:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results