carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, most of our snow comes down either at an angle or sideways. When one of my good friends move to Pennsylvania she called me the first time it was snowing there and said this is so cool; I’ve never seen snow come straight down before. I hope you do have nice weather for the weekend. I’m with you on heated seats and AC. My car has vented seats too but my favorite is a heated steering wheel. I love that. I hope Marty enjoys his competition. He got there okay. How is your tooth feeling?

PierreBear, too funny - your lows will be our highs this weekend. I hope you do get to use your outdoor fireplace. Have fun with your friends this weekend. You are so right it’s challenging to find couples that we both get along with. Most of Marty’s friend’s wives are very fragile or snooty. By fragile I mean sensitive and sickly and snooty speaks for itself. I generally end up talking more to the guys than them. Marty used to make guacamole quite a bit - it must not be in his approved food group anymore. I know avocados did go up in price. Of course, what hasn’t, right? Your friend’s Mercedes is a great looking car. Marty’s competition is by weight class and they do 3 sets of 3 things - power lifting, bench presses and squats. You list your target weight on each when you sign in. You have to reach that amount at least one of the three attempts. If you don’t meet it then you are disqualified. All of the starting strength competitions across the country compile results and you can place locally or overall. His shoulder is still awful. His coach thinks he has a labrum tear. It will probably require surgery. He is resisting going to the doctor. I can’t give him grief about it since I’d have to be near dead before I’ll go to a doctor. I know there are J Crew stores in Colorado but we don’t have one around here.

Austina, your fox looks better fed than the scrawny ones we have. We had a family of them at work and the babies were always so cute. I think the minced steak sounds good. I am glad it’s available there. Tesla’s are sharp looking cars but no they don’t have a lot of room inside. Our back seat is pretty small but the pickup is an extended cab with 4 doors so we use that if someone is riding with us. Enjoy a quiet weekend.

Scandi, how is your house coming along? Your caramel pudding looks delicious.

Jimmianne, fabulous bling pictures. Joy is gorgeous. Thanks for the permission to turn up the heat. I did that when I got home tonight. Marty’s not here to complain it’s too hot in here (like that’s a thing, right?) I kind of agree that men can sure carry on long conversations. I’ve sat at the golf course with the guys before and maybe uttered 10 words in 2 hours. I hope you had fun on your blind date.

It was slightly less cold here today and I tried my fleece jacket again. I’m trying to resist winter coats until at least November. I’m almost there. Marty said Chicago was colder than here with bitter cold wind. I’m guessing it is because it is more humid than here. The rnb he rented is a lady’s apartment. He said he feels like he is living in someone else’s room because there are family pictures setting around and a jewelry box on the dresser.

My Snoopy stuff showed up today. I washed the flannel sheet blanket and put it on our bed. I’ll be smiling and toasty warm tonight. The towels are actually very nice. The rest of it I put up for Christmas. I didn’t even open the night light and try it out.

I think I’ll be very lazy this weekend. Do laundry, pick up a few groceries and work on the astronomy newsletter. I might have them run a diagnostics on my laptop because the battery is going down quickly. Phooey.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I missed your post before I replied. I did chuckle to hear your earrings sparked more diamond fever. My ACA led to ACA studs, EC studs, more ACA melee bands and then my CBI pendant. I was totally going to stop at just my ering. I am sorry to hear your brother isn't thrilled with his condo. I imagine a retirement home so close is noisy. We have one about a block away and we hear sirens going there frequently but that's about it. I'll take my Porsche and heated steering wheel over a remote start anyway. Marty's F150 has a remote start but if he's in town and it's awful I'll make him take me to work anyway. Ha!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy I feel like an idiot ! Of course that's the "after" photo of the well-dressed man's closet. Maybe Greg will get a laugh that I thought he was going to go even further down the organizing rabbit hole... but not sure how it could have been any better.

I went to the Apple Store yesterday to have my watch checked out and the place was jammed as usual. I always thought it was just so popular but turns out most of the people where there to get repairs or figure how to use their Apple products. My watch is only 2 years old and is dead. They will replace the chip for $199. Boo. I bought my DD one also two years ago and hers has the same problem. Shame on Apple!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday Statue of Liberty! 131 years old today.:appl: And of course happy Caturday Saturday!

Jimmianne wow Joy is so beautiful...Bea sends her love and misses her.
Yes some men (and women of course) can talk up a storm and I hope you enjoyed your date otherwise. I often enjoy just listening when someone is smart and interesting but it is nice to also be given a chance to share especially on a date and a first date at that...will there be another? I hope you will give him another chance. Some people talk more when they get nervous and perhaps he was nervous meeting such a beautiful accomplished woman!
LOL I am not sure what you are referring to re Greg's organization but please no worries. That man's organizational skills are annoying at times haha but I am going to put them and him to good use in my closets when there is time. My only question is when will that be as soon he will start teaching again in addition to his many other interests. Wow do I have diamond fever and how. I cannot tell you how much I want another big beautiful diamond. I am crazy aren't I? Miss you.

Junie those diamond studs of yours are just amazbling and I am so glad you love them. You deserve them girl! I am sorry your brother is not enjoying his new home and yes noise is a challenge. Can he try a white noise machine to sleep better? Thanks for the Bea love. I have been mean to her lately and lusting after other OECs. She deserves better than the treatment I have been giving her. I have been gripped with diamond fever these days and the jewelry show etc doesn't help my diamond fever if you kwim. Cannot wait to see you!

Austina I love your foxy visitor. I want to hug him/her. What a sweetheart. But please be safe. LOL yes me too if my closet is cleaned out (on those rare occasions that is hahaha) I feel the need to fill them with new clothes. It never stops does it? Until it does that is.

Marcy I am sorry your laptop is misbehaving. I am with you re the cold. I try to resist the warmest coats till it is super cold or otherwise what will I wear to get warm when it is super cold here. Yes the humidity does make it feel more chilling at times I think. Turn the heat up as high as you want it especially since Marty is not there this weekend to complain. Take full advantage. We are getting 60 mph plus winds here tomorrow. With pouring rain up to 3 inches or more. It isn't good timing but I know we will make the best of it and still have fun. How is your eye feeling and how are you doing with the latest bottle of the eye drops? Yay for getting your Snoopy stuff woohoo! I hope you enjoy the weekend and that you get all your chores done easily and have time to just relax and enjoy whatever it is you feel like doing.

PierreBear yes it will be turning colder here too but not yet and today will be a bit warmer than yesterday. What a cuckoo weather autumn. I am with you. If I can give my clothes to a friend or a good cause I am much happier about getting rid of them but if I feel they won't be loved and worn it is more of a struggle getting them out of my closet. I never heard of J Crew mercantile. Let us know what you think. Yes it can be challenging to find the perfect couple friends. Good luck this weekend and I hope it is a 4 way mutually enjoyable dinner.

OK some quick bling pics and then I am off.
An amazing asscher and I think it is an E and the price quoted to me was $250K..so sadly a bit (haha just a bit) out of budget.

asscher.jpg

next up an 8 plus carat OEC...very reasonably priced under 100K but that is because I believe it was NOP color (though you cannot tell in this lighting and the jewelry show lighting was very challenging IMO to really evaluate the diamonds the way I need to)...and some of my friends thought it was too big. Whaaaaat? Imagine that OMG and LOL. No such thing with beautiful bling :cheeky::lol:

8pluscaratoec.jpg

next is Bea next to a G transitional. Over 100K. I do see the color difference in different lighting but face up not so much and outside (thanks to the lovely vendor who insisted I take it outside to evaluate) I really didn't see a color difference but inside in certain lighting yes I did. This was a lovely transitional. Though I do love the soft colors that come from the lower colored old cuts as opposed to the whitest old cuts. I see the appeal of both I really do but I think I would miss the soft glow of the lower colored old cuts.

beanexttoGtransitional.jpg

I also have a lovely photo of 4 amazing old cuts on my finger from some of the NIRDIs but I won't share it here unless I get permission from each one of them so if I do get permission watch this space and if not don't worry. You can just come here in person next visit and we can all enjoy each other's bling up close and personal IRL:appl:

I sure hope I don't fall on my face today because after the excitement of yesterday I couldn't sleep and maybe got 2 hours total. Bling fever is keeping me awake and now impacting my wallet and my health. Must behave rationally. Please talk sense into me...not worth mortgaging our homes for Bea upgrade right? :errrr::devil:

Hugs to all of you and have a wonderful day.:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, it is fitting that you got the fever from your new studs...
because I think they caused my current fever!
We need to all be in this together...even if some of us just got big brand-new earrings! <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JA--so nice to see you posting again! Hope you are not too tired from post holiday yard work!

JuneB--I am sorry your brother is finding it difficult to settle in. Change is tough and it takes time. Hope he finds some positive attributes about his new home, soon. And makes some friends in the neighborhood as well. FWIW, we had to resettle my BIL and it was a challenging and stressful time--for everyone. But he is happy now--happier than in a long while.

Scandi--both my DH and attempted to solve your problem--using conventional methods (and some others) and LOL .

Hope to get out cycling today--warm but windy. There are predictions of snow next week--so it is now or never!

:wavey:cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Sharon
It's gorgeous here too...something about the wind and the sun and the fall leaves. All glittery.
Did you have your "now or never" bike ride today?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies, happy weekend.:D

We get lots of urban foxes around here @Jimmianne, as you can see, they're quite bold wandering around during the day. Bea's sister Joy is stunning :love: thank you for sharing. I hope if you have a second date with this guy, you hit it off. After being married for so long, I can't imagine how to go about meeting someone else. I'm sure I'd jabber like a lunatic :lol:

I'm not sure how old you are @junebug17 but I hear you on the clothes front. There's a fine line between being mutton dressed as lamb (as we say here) or dressing like a frump :lol: Then I remember the words of Erin Brokovich, "whilst I've still only got one a£se, I'll dress how I like" :mrgreen: I've found the most important thing is to find a style that suits your shape, and you can't go wrong.

I'm sorry your brother isn't enjoying his new home, I hope in time he settles in.

Yay on your Snoopy stuff arriving @marcy. I'm imaging pulling back the covers and finding Snoopy staring back at me, I'm pretty sure I'd be smiling too :D Hope Marty is enjoying the competition and doesn't over do it.

Yikes to the snow. Temperatures are set to drop like a stone here, they're predicting minus temps this week, so fingers crossed it doesn't snow.

Enjoy your cycling @canuk-gal

Hope the men got on well @PierreBear and you enjoyed your evening with your friends. Any update on your ring? :P2

You know @missy I've been pondering the diamond quest, and I think the problem is, that the more we see, the more we want and we get fixated on it. I keep looking, although realistically I know I wouldn't wear any more rings than I already have. When I was looking to have my ring made, I got caught up in the whole quest, the budget kept getting bigger and bigger, until I finally realised, that if I ended up with something really, really expensive, I probably wouldn't wear it much because of my lifestyle. I think the thrill for me, is in the looking and imagining. That's not to say that I don't still want a diamond bangle from Whiteflash, as I don't already have one :mrgreen2::oops:

I honestly think it'd be really difficult to find anything that looked more perfect on your hand than Bea. :love:

It's been a glorious day here, definitely a chill in the air, but lovely to be out in the fresh air enjoying seeing Dottie running around having fun. We saw swans and even a heron standing on the bank by the water.

So far so good with the fireworks, quite a few have gone off this evening, and Dottie hasn't been running and hiding. I really hope she's getting used to them, because it's awful seeing her so distressed :pray:

I can't believe it's nearly November, where's the year gone? :eek-2:

Happy Caturday :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy caturday, Austina!
On my date I felt awkward, literally falling over my own feet.:eek2:

No I don't think you would like dating any more than I do

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Sharon
It's gorgeous here too...something about the wind and the sun and the fall leaves. All glittery.
Did you have your "now or never" bike ride today?

You bet! Lovely and warm! (20C). Not deterred by the breeze--we had a great ride. Saw some AWESOME Halloween decorations--people going all out!:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, hi! :wavey: You've been missed, great to hear from you :mrgreen2:

Re your date: "Monologing" can definitely be a sign of nervousness, but consistent monologing is not good and I don't think its a coinky dink that every personality-disordered narcissist I know is a monologue-r.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Happy Birthday to the Statue of Liberty.

Jimmianne, oh no your Apple watch quit already. Marty hasn’t had any problems with his Apple watches but you and your DD weren’t so lucky. I was thinking of taking in my laptop for analysis because my batter doesn’t seem to last as long as before. I am going to use Safari instead of Firefox and see if that makes a difference.

Missy, holy lots of beautiful bling. WOW! I am sure they could see all of those diamonds from the space station. Diamond fever is relentless, i can tell by looking in my jewelry box. Oh no for the rain and wind. That sounds like Wyoming wind. But I didn’t send it your way because trust me it’s still blowing here. I am enjoying my weekend. I caught up on some DVR stuff, did laundry, went out for lunch and the best thing I did was sleep in. Sweet. That asscher is huge but very pretty. That 8 carat OEC is pretty huge too. Those double OEC on your hand look fabulous.

Sharon, that’s nice your BIL is happy now. Change is tough and can take a long time to adjust to a new normal. I am glad you had a nice ride today and enjoyed some Halloween decorations.

Austina, I had the Snoopy flannel blanket on top of our bedspread last night but I swapped them around today. Marty might not like our bed covered in Snoopy. I need to find a while flannel bottom sheet to go with it. It’s time to get our flannel sheets around here. I think you are right about getting fixated about our bling. It becomes a quest for me and I can’t talk myself out of it - like I even try. I think a WF diamond bangle would be awesome.

Kristie, I totally chucked at your comments about narcissists being monologist. That is so true. I can picture several of them right now.

It was pretty awesome sleeping in this morning. I got laundry done and watched quite a bit of TV. I finished my November newsletter and worked a bit on my program for the next astronomy meeting. So for being lazy I guess I did quite a bit.

Marty did well at his strength competition. He and his sister went for the entire day. She ended up using some of her miles to fly to Chicago and go watch him. She is using the same coach as he is and so they were anxious to meet him. He said he was beat; I am sure he was pretty amped up for the competition.

I had popcorn for supper and watched Hidden Figures. It’s such a great movie.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer at the competition today
KR.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! Happy big and small dog Sunday!

Sharon so pleased you got to enjoy a lovely bike ride yesterday! Hoping that is not your last ride of the season and that somehow the weather cooperates (with all of us) so we can get outdoors and enjoy a few more bike rides till winter hits.

Austina yes I agree completely. The thrill of the hunt is an adrenalin rush but one must draw the line somewhere...I am still figuring out where that line is for me however...:cheeky: I am very careful wearing my bling but it is always a concern being in a big city where anything can happen. And yes the more I see the more I want. :sun: I have big eyes.8)

Marcy woohoo for Marty doing well at his strength competition yesterday and glad his sister joined him. Go team Marty! Popcorn and a movie sounds like a perfect way to spend an evening...I will have to check out that movie as I don't believe I know it. Always on the lookout for a good movie rec thank you. And thanks so much for enjoying the bling! I always enjoy sharing photos with people who enjoy seeing them.:kiss2: And these photos are for you Marcy...

first up the tiara I know I should wear. I am a tiara wearing girl...no?
excuse the terribly messy hair. It was so much fun trying on all the bling that I didn't care. I was in a bling bliss fog.:halo:

tiara.jpg

and next these lovely antique stud flower earrings...a special NIRDI insisted I try them on though I am not a stud wearing girl after all I have the only stud I need in my life hahaha.:halo: anyway these earrings looked spectacular on her and not me because they complement her coloring so much. They were just lovely on her but I will let her share the photos of her wearing them if she so chooses. Don't be disappointed though because in any case I am sharing them on me for you. Hope that is enough. (You can sort of see my stud in the background there lol)

antiquestudearringsparkplace.jpg

last bling pic-I fell in love with a sweet OMC ring but I must be strong. I rarely wear rings and have enough of them anyway but sharing here with you because it was a sweet OMC and a lovely ring. My photos don't do the bling justice sadly but here they are anyway.

omcringparkplace.jpg

We had a marvelous day yesterday with a few NIRDIs and enjoyed beautiful bling, a charming town, lovely scenic drive and delicious delicious food. A long but perfect Saturday. Thank you to the lovely NIRDIs who shared it with Greg and me.

lambertvillescenicdrive.jpg

scenicdrivetolumberville.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies and safe trip to the wonderful NIRDI who is traveling today.:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, what a gorgeous landscape with the water. It reminds me very much of the Loire; the light and everything.
Sharon, glad to hear you had a great ride.
The color here is so-so this year. I read in the Times that people are seeking out the few fabulous trees to photograph...a dry year for lots of trees. Here is my red maple
planted in 2000...not so fabulous this year, but it is RED : )
IMG_2560.jpg

I wanted to share that I am feeling 100% better for the first time in several years. This is like "true confessions". LOL
I've been in exhaustion mode for the last year, using too many stimulants to keep going. Without the stimulants I could hardly get off the couch for more than essential chores and felt depressed and hopeless much of the time, so I kept ramping up the amount of stimulants in desperation, knowing it was not good, but didn't know what was wrong.
I thought the problem was:
my daughter
or the farm
or my "best friend" who broke up with me over some small slight
or the weather
or aging
or an inherited mental condition
or my mom's death SIX years ago
etc etc

I must add, that buying things and travelling served as stimulants as well, so I thought when I got the house in France and felt happy that my depression had been "geographical". But then I started getting depressed in France when the newness of being there wore off. Last time I didn't care if I ever went back.
Several times I went to therapists & then a hypnotist and nothing helped, then one doctor started me on sleep aides and another on antidepressants, which made things even worse.
So I was suffering daily and pretending everything was OK. I didn't have the energy to see friends, so I was becoming more isolated. I was scared thinking something was very wrong and felt as though I had no reserves to cope.
A couple of weeks ago I started drinking two big dark leafy green smoothies a day with vitamin B while cutting down on "the bad stuff", sugar and carbs.
By the end of the first day {!} I was feeling better, and now after two weeks i feel as though I am getting my life back. I'm even sleeping better, and actually feel excited about life.
[[I have a friend who had a similar thing happen. She became overweight and felt terrible all the time - mentally. For some reason she decided to quit drinking those many diet sodas every day and her weight dropped and she is feeling well. Turns out there is some mechanism that makes the body put on weight with artificially
sweeteners and also causes brain fog [?!].]]
I share in case anyone else needs a boost. Amazing what diet will do.

PS I did buy a pre-loved Tiffany
eternity ring online last night. haha A bling diet is very important as well! yes?
Thanks for listening if you read all the way through this. I thought it might help someone else who's not feeling so great, NIRDI or PSers otherwise <3

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA, thank you for posting the above. How did you know I needed that? I've felt the same way for the past 3 years. Do you share your smoothie recipe? :angel::saint::angel::saint:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AZ : ) xx
Thank you for asking. I blend half a banana, a packed cup of spinach and/or kale leaves [it comes in a bag as juicing greens] a tablespoon of yogurt and about a half cup of apple juice. I toss in a half capsule of something called "HUM uber energy", [which is basically B-6, B-5 [pantothenic acid], l-tyrosine and vitamin C].
I was just using the greens and apple juice at first and then started adding that other stuff I had around. But even with just the greens and juice I felt much better.
I know that sugar makes me feel really bad, so that may have been a big factor. I'm just eating apples for my sweet tooth now.
If you try this, please let me know if it makes a difference to you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear NIRDIs!

Missy, that is so cool you and Greg enjoyed meeting up with some of the NIRDI’s. The bling fest is amazing. That is some tiara; I think it’s perfect for you to wear on special occasions and of course HRH can wear it the rest of the time. The flower studs look great on you and they sure remind of me of some of the NIRDI’s diamond cluster rings. It’s like it was meant to be. That RHR is gorgeous. I love your scenery photos too. It is very pretty there. Did you get the wind and rain they were expecting?

Jimmianne, I am delighted to hear that smoothie is having such positive results for you. I am sorry to hear you have been struggling so much. That is pretty amazing though how much sugar can change your mood. I know they say it’s like a drug. Big hugs to you. Hoping you continue to find the bright side of life. Your red maple looks gorgeous. Good lighting when you took that photo too.

Kristie, I am sorry to hear you are struggling too. As I mentioned to Jimmianne I hope you find a way to find the bright side of life.

Not much going on with me today. Marty’s plane was broke (something to do with landing so glad they changed planes) so he’ll be a little bit later than expected. He was starving when they took off so I’m betting he eats before he drives home. It figures since I have a roast in the crock pot and was going to make mashed potatoes. Of course the leftovers will keep.

I messed around with eclipse pictures today to get some collages made of them. That was kind of fun. I ordered some black coffee mugs with pictures on it for Christmas gifts.

I also go the November newsletter posted since it has a few Halloween stories in it.

For being lazy today I did get a lot done.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is my favorite eclipse collage
eclipse9.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy
Thanks!
Cool idea for mugs!
You and Marty both do such interesting things. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne. I like this little strip of pictures too.

Eclipse6.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, love the bling pic and the beautiful scenery! Your pics capture the beauty of the area so well. A great reminder that there are beautiful places in NJ lol. I keep thinking about that ring...omigosh so gorgeous. Such a flattering shape on the hand too. Love the earrings too, and I love the dangles you tried on...I’m going to have to let some time pass, but I think my next bling purchase is going to be antique dangle earrings. I’m so bad, just got new earrings and I’m already onto another pair!!! :-o

Oh, in all the excitement I forgot to tell you how much I love your diamond pendant! It looks perfect on you!

Dh and I had such a great time with you, Greg, and a few of our fellow nirdis...I was SO excited to see you all, and to meet one of the nirdis for the first time. And to see their gorgeous bling in person too ha!!! It was truly a perfect day. Great company, excellent food, beautiful surroundings, great weather, gorgeous bling..who could ask for more? I know you and the nirdis will have a great day today in spite of the crummy weather.

Marcy, I know exactly what you mean, one bling purchase always leads to another! As I just wrote to Missy, now I’m dreaming of antique dangle earrings...I’m hopeless lol. Your new Snoopy items sound great! I have loved Snoopy since I was a little kid. I’ve decided to be lazy today too, so you’re in good company! I have not done a darn thing today. Great pic of the killer rabbit at the competition, love it. Sounds like Marty had a good experience at the competition and too it’s bad he was delayed. Your dinner sounds delicious, he’ll be sorry he ate beforehand. I LOVE your idea for the mugs, they are going to look so cool!

Jimmianne, sorry to hear about the Apple Watch needing a repair so soon :(2 The pic of your tree is so pretty, what a beautiful and serene place. I am thrilled that changing your diet and cutting out sugar has helped you so much and you are feeling more positive, healthier, and happier. I’m glad you are back to enjoying life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and your friend’s as well. It is a powerful reminder that we are indeed what we eat! I need to get back to a more healthy diet and your comments are a great motivator. So happy to read your good news and I wish you continued good feelings. Thanks for supplying the smoothie recipe - I was going to ask you too!

Kristie, sending hugs and support, I’m sorry you’ve been having a rough time too.

Sharon, glad you are enjoying good weather and had a great bike ride. Such good news that your bil has found peace and is happy, that is just so great.

Austina, I forget the details but I remember reading about your friend’s burglary and I am so sorry. It’s very nice of you to help her with a new piece of jewelry. I have never worked with ID jewelry but have read lots of good things about them here on PS. I’m glad Dottie didn’t seem bothered by the fireworks, I hate seeing a pet in distress as well. You are definitely right about finding clothing that fits our body type, that really is the key. I’m 57 so yes, I kind of feel like I’m at that “in between” stage.

I want to thank everyone for their kindness, understanding, and support for my brother’s situation. It’s been a traumatic time for him, with lots of changes. He’s been feeling very nostalgic and I think he is grieving for my mother too. I’m pretty confident that as time passes he will start feeling better.

Had a fabulous time with some of the Nirdis yesterday - we looked at bling, strolled around town, enjoyed a delicious dinner, and laughed and talked a lot! Such a great day. Today was very low key. It poured all day so I stayed indoors and didn’t do a whole lot.

I will check in very soon, have a great Monday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I am glad you and your DH got to visit other NIRDI's in NYC and enjoyed pretty bling and good company. Sounds like fun. I think it's perfectly normal to already be contemplating your next bling purchase. Is that a bad thing? Dangle earrings would be great. I am always glad to find another Snoopy fan. My thoughts are with you and your brother adjusting to all the changes from losing your mom. It's been over 4 years for me now and I'm still struggling with it all. I think I get more used to it and go about my day but some days are rough. Holidays and birthdays are especially difficult. Marty made it home by about 5:45 and we had dinner at 6 so that worked out great. He showed me videos of his lifting tonight. He really enjoyed himself. I am very anxious to see how the eclipse mugs look. Snapchat had 70% off everything so 3 mugs and 3 magnets (same picture) cost me $37.37. What a deal.

I think I found what was slowing down my Mac. I got a few popups from something called a Mac Cleaner. I went on Apple support and found it was some type of spamware and it told me how to delete it. I'd shut that app off earlier today and I've used my laptop most of the day and still have 25% battery power left. When I deleted the app tonight it took me to a web page and asked me if I was sure I wanted to delete it. Then next time I opened Firefox it had set it's website as my homepage. Jerks.

Laters,
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne Tons of love to you!
@azstonie Tons of love to you too!

Hope your diet continues to help you Jimmianne, I get a bit like that if I accidentally eat any gluten.

Hugs! Will try to check in later but first a meeting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie it was so wonderful seeing you again this weekend and we really enjoyed meeting your dh. It was a perfect day and we are married to pretty terrific guys who not only aid us in our bling search and purchases but are happy to spend the day with our other bling enthusiast friends. Hahaha bling it on!

I think antique diamond dangles would look so perfect on you! And when you decide the time is right please let me know so I can help you in the search. I know a thing or two about antique dangles. :halo:Thank you for the bling compliments and also for noticing my sweet pendant. I haven't worn it except for a few times since I got it a couple of years ago and I think it should start getting worn more often.

I am so sorry about what your dear brother is going through and it is an incredibly traumatic experience. He is living alone for the first time and desperately missing your mom in addition to the other big changes. My heart goes out to him and I hope each day gets a bit easier for him and he reaches peace and contentment in time. Sending him many good vibes and positive thoughts. And big hugs to you for being such a supportive caring and loving sister.

Thank you for making the trip out there to see all of us this weekend and I sure hope we don't have to wait another whole year to get together again. (((HUGS))).

Jimmianne sweetheart I had no clue as to the full extent of what you were suffering and I am so sorry you were going through all of this for so long. I am so relieved and happy you have found the main culprit behind this depression and internal struggle and that you are feeling so much better. I am always here for you offline you know that. Thank you also for sharing what is working well for you now. I consume way too much artificial sweetener and I know I have to cut back and your post is a wake up call and I bet it will also help a few others reading this. Thank you for being so generous and sharing it here in order to help others. (((Hugs))).

What a gorgeous scenic photo of the Loire. Yes it does remind me of Lambertville. The light is spectacular. Speaking of light I love this time of the year and how the light changes. One of my favorite artists really makes amazing use of light in his paintings. In fact we all visited his gallery in Lambertville this past Saturday. I was pleased to see he expanded his gallery and that he is doing well. Business is booming and he deserves it being the talented young artist that he is. So glad we got to share it with some of the NIRDIs IRL.

Marcy I'm sorry Marty's flight was delayed but hope he has arrived home safely and is with you right now. That is such a cool idea for a gift. Love it. And I love your eclipse photos. Good for you getting your November newsletter going. Amazing that you fixed your computer yourself and how annoying how spam clogs up our running systems. Everywhere we are we are surrounded. Annoying telemarketers on our landlines and mobile phones and on our computers etc. The never-ending noisy clog surrounding us. So glad you figured it out and got your computer back in tip top shape!

I am sorry you are struggling with missing dear departed loved ones as well Marcy. I don't think you ever fully recover when losing someone close to you but it gets a bit easier with time. Never back to the same though. Life is challenging and full of heartache and sadness and missing loved ones. I guess we just make the best of things and try to find happiness and peace and contentment despite all the pain. Sending you big hugs and love.

Scandi have a good meeting today.

We enjoyed another amazbling day yesterday and I so wish you lovely ladies lived closer to me. I found my people here with the NIRDIs. We all get each other and we have lots more than bling in common. I love you girls and thank you all for making it such a wonderful and memorable week. (((Hugs))).

I took a lot of video at the show both days we went but cannot share video here. I shared it on IG if you are interested. Here are a few pics from yesterday's adventure.

I want this baby so badly! OMG fur baby cuteness overload!:kiss2: And his name is too freaking adorable too. Bearnie. Marcy did you hear that? BEARnie hahaha.:P2 Too good right?
I want to eat this baby up he is so freaking precious. OMG what a sweetheart and so good and so calm. He let me hold him and he doesn't even know me. That is a good baby!

bearnie.jpg

And lastly a few pics of Bea vs a 5 carat J OEC. Ugh I want them all!!!

The dealer let us take it outside to see it in a better more natural lighting environment to compare with Bea. Greg got upset with me when I told him about this last night. He said that if something had happened I would have been responsible since I took it outside even though the dealer suggested it. Really? I didn't even give that a thought yesterday when we were outside taking photos. LOL I really must be bling crazy and it clouds my judgment.:eek2: Lesson learned! Still glad we got some pics outside though.;)) Bea is above the 5 carat J in the photos.
beavs5.02jvs1.jpg
beavs5.02jvs1.jpeg

Inside with warm yellow lighting all around...
beaand5.02jvs1.jpg

beawith5.02jvs1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos and hugs all around. Have a wonderful day girls!!!:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Scandi!
Thank you Everyone for the support. What an amazing group we are!
I feel so so lucky to be a part of it, you are all so kind [and funny too : ) ].

June? are you going down the bling rabbit hole? Take me with you!
I feel for your brother. Sounds like he has been hit hard. It's still so new. I think it took me about 5 years to entangle from the emotions enough to feel at peace. ugh. the things you don't understand until you go through them.
I'm so glad you were with some NIRDIS for a get together at Missy's [aka the NIRDIS clubhouse?]. It's practically a miracle that we all found each other and that many have ended up visiting the Queen Bea. All started because of Missy's reaching out after her cycling "experience".

So, thank you Missy! I know you had/are having a great time showing everyone a great time. I hope you get in some more great cycling before winter and collect a lot more miles for the record.
What is on the agenda today? Inquiring minds want to know!

Marcy, Marty is The Man! It's awesome how strong he is. Good choice for a loyal protector!!
Has he talked you into strength training or were you already doing that? My daughter swears by it and I'm beginning to see the wisdom.

Off to take DD's beloved cat to the specialty vet. He is 17 and is getting chemo...doing well...sleeps most of the time, but eating well. The house/petsitter and I would like to keep him alive and happy on our watch, which continues 'till January!

Missy, you know I don't ask for much, so please send me the 5ct AND the adorable sweetie ASAP.
Nice facet pattern on that 5 ct...however Bea can hold her own. So THERE you old 5 ct OEC!

But ...but... don't you HAVE to take diamonds outside???! [sorry Greg].

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

Oh my goodness! I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven if I'd seen all that bling :love: It sounds like you all had a total blast this weekend, and it's just amazing that something like a forum can bring people together to celebrate a mutual interest.

You were totally rocking that tiara @missy :mrgreen2: I must admit that I'm surprised the vendor let you take that rock outside, but obviously you have a very honest face. ;-) I still prefer Bea, she looks more elegant than the other one.

The photos are stunning, this time of year is very beautiful with all the leaves and diffused lighting.

I'm so sorry you've been going through such tough times @Jimmianne and @azstonie it's very brave of you to speak out, as people often feel isolated and don't reach out. I do agree that what you put into your body can have a major impact, not just on your physical, but mental health too. I hope your change of diet continues to bring you positive changes @Jimmianne and that you it works for you too @azstonie . Sending you both virtual hugs.

Wow, those mugs are going to make great gifts @marcy, what a clever idea, they'll be totally unique.

So glad Marty enjoyed his competition and made it home ok to his lovely dinner, despite the plane delay. I'm glad you found the problem with your PC, fortunately we have our own techie expert, so if we have a problem, we ask Adam.:lol:

Oh dear, @junebug17 I think diamond fever is obviously highly contagious, and you've caught a dose on your meet up :lol: I'm a little older than you (58) and I've found elastane in clothes has definitely become my best friend :D

Hope the meeting has gone well @Scandinavian

While we were away, Adam was telling Kim about samosas I made years ago. He even said they were the best he'd ever had, and would I make some next time we visited :-o So I had a practice run yesterday, they turned out ok, but I'll tweak them to make them better. Plenty of time for another practice or two, as we won't be in Austin again till March.

It's 9 degs here today, but a gloriously bright and sunny day. We had a lovely walk in Virginia Water, and Dottie even found a few squirrels to chase :mrgreen:

Have a lovely day :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, that doggie is so adorable! :love: I would love to get a dog like him but dh seems to have his heart set on getting a yellow lab. I will most certainly consult you on the earring purchase...just need to to let dh and the bank account recover haha! I wouldn’t have given a thought to going outside with the diamond either...but I’ll bet my dh would have had the same reaction as Greg lol. I guess the sparkle from all the bling clouds our judgement! I do think it’s kind of important to see diamonds in different lighting though. The 5 carat is gorgeous of course :love: but I have to say, I don’t see a whole lot of difference between it and Bea. Bea definitely holds her own, and the differences in size or color are just very slight to my eye. I like Bea’s faceting better too.

Thanks for your nice words about my brother, and for thinking of him and sending good wishes, it means a lot - it’s a hard time for him for sure. It’s going to take some time but I’m sure he will eventually adjust and start feeling a little more positive as time passes.

Marcy, thank you for your good thoughts - yes, it’s been a difficult year for my family, lots of feelings and emotions to deal with and work through. Sending lots of support and comfort to you too, the pain of a loss eases over time but never completely goes away and there will always be some sadness associated from losing loved ones. Hopefully the good things in our lives will give us some peace and happiness, and get us through the tough times.

It’s great Marty made it home in time to enjoy that delicious dinner. I’m glad he had a good time. I’m looking forward to seeing how the mugs turn out. Yes, I guess there’s nothing wrong with dreaming of new bling purchases!
Will just have to wait for the dust to settle from the last purchase! :kiss2:Good news about figuring out what was slowing down your computer, I hope it’s running better for you now.

Scandi, hope your meeting, and your day, went well!

Jimmianne, I keep thinking about the earrings I saw this past weekend but the bling budget has been depleted! :(2 Thanks for your understanding - yes, it’s all very new and you’re right, it takes a long time to adjust and find peace. Sending healing vibes to your dd’s cat, I’m glad she is doing well and I hope it continues.

Austina, I’m not that familiar with samosas but I just looked them up and they sound so good! I’ll bet yours were delicious but yes, you do have time to perfect them lol. Lol to elastane being your best friend, I think it’s called spandex in the US - and I agree, it’s a miracle fabric :P2 Glad you had a nice walk and Dottie had a chance to do a little squirrel chasing. The outing with my fellow nirdis definitely ignited my bling fever! Omigosh we saw such gorgeous pieces.

Guess I will try to get a few things done, as I have been procrastinating all morning - I hope everyone has a good day!

P

PierreBear

Hey ladies! Made some fresh pasta for dinner Friday night. Thought I would share it with ya’ll. So fun to crank out the pasta and feel the texture in your fingers. I’m not a fan of the way dough feels before you bake bread as it’s a bit too sticky but I like the pasta feel.
20171027_174356.jpg

The double couple date went fairly well. I love their kitchen set up where the stoves are facing the kitchen island where you sit. In my kitchen, if I was cooking and hosting people, my backs would be to the guests. However, in their kitchen, I was watching them do their best to reproduce a blue apron recipe for us. It’s a bit interesting to see how other couples interact and they are newly married for less than a year. Very wonderful to be invited to someone’s home. I put something on the calendar to invite them over to our place and will probably make gumbo or have hot pot since I have that cooking device.

Since a couple of you guys asked about JCrew Mercantile, I’ll share my review. I ordered online and if it didn’t work out I was going to return at JCrew Mercantile. One dress came in but the other two items are still to be shipped. The fit was fine, same sizing as the normal J Crew so I was glad to not have to guess around on what to order. The main commentary I had was on the quality of the dress and it’s really what you pay for. The dress I got was only around $50 but it was supposed to be a “wool dress.” I have other wool dresses at JCrew, which the quality truly is thick and warm for fall wear. However, this dress, to the touch, I would have absolutely though it was cotton. If there was wool, perhaps it was only 5%? I didn’t look at the tag to check but it was a bit misleading. For the price though, I’m keeping it! Just wanted to mention that caveat. I’ll see how the other pieces turn out.

Hope everyone has as great day!

@Austina – Wow that fox is large! How would Dottie react if they saw each other? So talented that Adam speaks Thai. Is that his mother tongue? Does he still get to use Thai on a daily basis? Very impressive!

Thanks for asking about the ring but no updates yet. French cuts are being made I suppose. I don’t even remember the timeline of when it will be delivered to OWD. A bit nice to forget it for a bit. Haha!

Good job on making samosas! You are so talented. Take a picture of it next time?

@Scandinavian – Yum that caramel pudding with caramel sauce looks fantastic. I bet it was eaten up within seconds!

@Jimmianne – Oh my… all your rings are lovely but Joy is amazing and made my heart go pitter patter. Those lovely pastel colors. The size is just wonderful for your hand. Do you wear Joy more often than your other rings?

I hope your blind date went well. How did ya’ll meet (through a friend or online)? Any plans for a second date yet?

I’m glad that you are doing well. All those things you were listing did sound like trials but so wonderful that you have gotten past it. Keep on drinking those smoothies!

@junebug17 – Thanks for the encouragement on the exercise and agree that there are so many benefits. Tell me if you find anything good at JCrew mercantile!

Hurray for your NIRDI get together in NY! I’m sure some great memories were made.

@marcy – oohh fragile and snooty is not a fun combination. I must be like you though, I tend to get along with the guys more than the women. Being in a big group of girls gives me anxiety. I did say yes to attend a birthday event this evening downtown. I usually would stay away (group of girls, having to travel downtown and fight traffic) but it’s for a 30th birthday, which is a big deal.

Wow, cheers to Marty doing well and so sweet of his sister to join in! It sounds like she didn’t compete though? Labrum tear sounds scary and surgery is no fun. Hopefully it won’t bother him. Just curious on his competition, is this related to cross fit? I think in my part of town there was some sort of Crossfit competition going on.

Hurray to snoopy arriving safely to your home!

@missy – Oh my goodness… that aascher! Haha I might agree that the 8 carat was a bit too big. Or maybe if it was in a different setting I might prefer it more? The G transitional is gorgeous but I think I still favor Bea!

Glad you had fun with your NIRDI ladies and that the weather was wonderful.

Love the tiara look on you! So fun and I don’t think I’ve worn anything like that on my head before.

P

PierreBear

Sorry the pasta picture came out enormous! Hope no one is on a carb diet at the moment. Cheers!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2711.JPG

That pasta looks delicious!

Back from the vet. Mr Kitty had a good check up! Yay!
Here is today's stack with my pumpkin pie spice nail polish...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results