clarity

Now I really did it :((

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ! I hope you are doing well.

Marcy.

I miss you.

I miss your stories and hearing about your day you always say something that either makes me chuckle or actually laugh out loud (like the text to Marty about the gym membership).

Hope you and Marty are doing well. (((hugs)))

========================

I remember a few weeks (or months) ago someone (can't remember who, I think it was this thread) wished me peace or something dealing with the kitty I rescued. And it made me realize that it takes so little for me to feel totally stressed out and overwhelmed compared to what others deal with and go through :( Dealing with stress has never been my strong suit. And then today when I signed in I saw the thread missy started on challenges and...wow. :blackeye: So I too want to say thank you for this thread and this community and for you guys for all the times you heard me out and said a word of support or made me laugh or just said hi. Always means so much even if we've never met.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I like your new name...
Love from Jimmianne dirty Honda

In my French lesson this week on Skype with my French French teacher, she asked what kind of car I drove and I said a Honda. There was a very long pause, then she said ...um...ok...a Panda??
It made me laugh so hard I was afraid I would not be able to stop. Weird how that happens.

(Lazy suppers are good. I have that for dinner every night, and I hope your version was good last night. I only had bourbon salmon that comes from the meat dept. ready to cook, a very very small glass of wine, and a side dish of politics. Would have liked some of those fries!)

What are your plans for this fabulous weekend?

How about y’all NIRDIs...any great weekend plans?
❤️ from j.d.panda

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie thank you for all your help yesterday! XOXO!!!

Callie, Kristie, LLJsmom, Rainwood, ditto! You girls all rock and thank you. (((Hugs))).

Sharon, Jimmianne, Marcy I am with you on the setting...it is KILLER in the best possible way.:love: Sharon fabu is the perfect description. Those marquise diamonds get me every time I look at them!

Jaaron I am with you in that I feel perhaps this setting (while unbelievably gorgeous) competes too much with the OEC so one thing I have confirmed at least for now is that I am still a solitaire girl! And thank you yes I am happy to wait for a good day to see your marble pics! We are meeting with our contractor today to give him all the appliance details and see his new plans. It has been challenging figuring it all out. I am looking forward to the marble decision not to be so challenging! I forgot to tell you that I did the same thing re my blisters lol. I told all our guests last week that they were not cold sores so they wouldn't be concerned about catching anything hahaha. Oh my don't want to scare our guests yanno?:cheeky:

Marcy no I just took my little leather jacket. I have to look (and now I will feel it literally :lol:) cool right?8-) It is in the 20s now. I am freezing my ass off and goodness knows I don't have it to spare oy. Thank goodness for heated car seats and dhs dropping us off right in front. We don't need to walk in the suburbs haha. Hope you enjoyed your lazy supper last night and hope the laundry gets done fast so you have have some you time! And hope Marty doesn't make any pickup purchases this weekend. Fingers crossed. Bling money cannot be spent on silly little things like cars...are you with me?:devil:8):cool2:

Jimmianne I love when you ena*bling* us so please allow the bling enticing to continue :devil::bigsmile: Have you shared your exciting news here yet? OMG I am so tired and haven't read everything here yet so if you haven't I am MUM's the word but if you have please share MORE! I am super excited for you my dear:appl::appl::appl: There ya go...enaBLING from me to you. I enjoy returning the favor. BLING it up ladies!!! YOLO!!!!:devil::halo:

Sharon I shared video on my IG. I cannot link video here (against PS rules) but I can link the vendor's video actually so yay Adam actually has video of this OEC. Here ya go!

and here are my pathetic videos if you want to check it out. :oops2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbS61_jgVOU/?taken-by=missylovesvintage

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbUjcfaAFNn/?taken-by=missylovesvintage

Austina thank you kindly. It seems as if I want may be impossible in an old cut. I wish I loved the AVRs but they aren't me if you kwim. I could never be that perfect nor do I want my old cut to be that perfect. I just want what I want and it might not exist. I am lucky I got the unicorn of dhs at least...(see my explanation below lol).

I think I know where my heart is or shall I say which OEC my heart belongs to but I am still going to give it the full weekend to just make sure. This new OEC is whiter yes but it isn't prettier at least to me at least up to this point. Bea is softer and she is more on than off all the time. This new OEC is a bit more quirky and has a lot of on/off going on with more contrast but it is brighter under many conditions. But Bea is just a gorgeous girl despite her occasional creaminess. She is still white under many conditions and she is bright and white enough most of the time and if you look at my IG comparison pics you can see next to the I OEC she does appear less white but not less pretty.

Bea's flowery facets are da BOMB (to me) and her pastel colors OMG TDF. The I OEC is a checkerboard pattern with a lot of on/off facets creating more of a contrasty pattern if that makes sense. Beautiful in a different way. I enjoy gazing at Bea's facets more right now. She draws me in to her soul so to speak. And her pillowy crown cannot be beat. I haven't yet seen an OEC that has such a puffy pillowy crown like Bea does but I might not have noticed to this point as I think I am appreciating all of Bea's positive attributes more now that I realize these features aren't a given with many old cuts. I now know I want (and maybe need) that pillowy puffy crown. It makes my heart go pitter patter.

I wanted a whiter OEC and this is that but it isn't IMO as pretty and special as Bea... but once again I am looking for the unicorn. Greg says I do that with almost everything ( he said it not in a judgmental or bad way but in a matter of fact way and he is right). I reminded him that is why I was still single and available when he came into my life. I didn't want to ever get married because think I didn't think (subconsciously) would ever find the "perfect" for me guy so when Greg walked into my life BAM the unicorn of men for me arrived. Of course it took me 4 years to realize it and I don't have that kind of time with this OEC. LOL. But I don't need that time anyway.

I cannot get my phone to cooperate to upload the pics to my computer. So I will share some more pics via phone in another post. IG is so much easier to share pics.

Hi CJ! (((Hugs))). Thinking of you and your sweet little kitten.

I hope I didn't inadvertently miss anyone but if I did I am sorry and it wasn't on purpose. Just wanted to say Happy Caturday Saturday and send hugs and warm wishes to all.

Love from Missy... Unicorn searcher extraordinaire.:cool2: :bigsmile::wavey:

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy
All well said
A love poem to Bea and more.
I happen to like a little color when it's one of the myriad of personalities of a stone. Suddenly you see the creamy color and the facets are flashing. Divine.

Bling news? Moi?
Maybe
but only after you make YOUR decision,
(Tapping foot impatiently.)
Haha

Just back from the barn. Amazingly cold! Little girl horse was shaking her dear chubby self.
Don't worry, they had a big warm breakfast. I may buy blankets for the littles this winter. Maybe they have stopped thinking it's ok to pull each other's blankets off and stomp on them in the freezing mud.

Off to an art tour with dear friend artist who broke her painting arm last week and can't drive. She's learning to paint with her left arm, but not allowed to drive.
xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne haha touche...and yes stay warm. It is subfreezing here and we have broken temp records for this time of year. Figures right? First record warmth and now record cold..I blame Trump.:lol::P2

i can’t upload pics from my phone to computer so going to try posting pics from my phone. Which is almost dead so trying to do it quickly. With the added annoyance of the iPhone mangling the capital i so have to remember to use lower Case i.

Some pics. In Car heading to beach and at home yesterday morning before we came to beach house.

Hmmmmm i don’t think it worked. Ok will try later. Gotta get going. Ok wait maybe it will work now. Seems to be uploading. i am just randomly choosing pics at this point.

302B9F60-FD12-4CB1-8554-1F0C98D71ED5.jpeg

343430CC-48FF-4460-9A22-BF63D52EFDA0.jpeg

19EABD46-3AD3-460E-B844-EBC978BC7E52.jpeg

F2F4ECEF-6643-4496-AD6E-318260B86333.jpeg

FC905B0A-9FF1-493E-BA98-F0EF3EA9286E.jpeg

B5F5C29E-88AB-4C03-838B-028AB85FD324.jpeg

7E0CC3D6-0C9F-4FDA-BA60-A0A935481273.jpeg

EEFEC600-E0DF-41EA-B3B9-3D8E57659C92.jpeg

6EB7DEF1-FDBE-46ED-BE6B-538BB07D2C9B.jpeg

F61C1DFD-F066-424B-A48F-B664590C19E8.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy. I'm glad you posted what you have, because in all honesty, I really don't prefer the other ring to Bea. I feel the setting is overshadowing the diamond, and I don't think it looks as elegant on your hand either. I was hesitant to give my honest opinion yesterday, because sometimes I can be a bit blunt, which isn't always what people want to hear:lol:

I'm sure that, like Greg and Bea, your unicorn higher colour is out there, just need to wait a bit longer for it to appear.

Wishing all the NRIDIs a great weekend.

Sorry for the short post, I'm just feeling a bit meh, a friend continues to disappoint and it's making me sad.:(2

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to share more pics. From this AM and one more frim yesterday’s car ride here. Hope you don’t mind so many pics. If you’re like me there can never be too many bling pics.

View attachment 601043

In bed with the kitties and Greg and strong black coffee. Bling kitties coffee and dh. What’s better than that? Oh yes sharing it with my NIRDIs!:kiss:

B84478EE-8350-4C03-8953-E72EBC6A67E2.jpeg

9CDBF153-B75D-4E9D-B295-B21CDE6F3D81.jpeg

94CEE57E-3ABB-4C09-B89C-2528BBC184A9.jpeg

This one illustrates the crown differences. Bea=puffy poofy pillowy.

CECEAF6A-64A8-40FF-B802-8A91335404C0.jpeg

84E85A2D-C42F-4403-BDDE-29B661F9649E.jpeg

BA031FCB-1FEB-4D1A-99F1-D283EB793A77.jpeg

DB323292-6F24-45B4-9A24-359FAB2872A8.jpeg

And one last pic from Friday. Sorry if I am duplicating pics. I’m posting blindly from my phone and can’t tell what I’ve already shared.

65B7FB5A-7A76-46CC-A84E-44BE51F87D96.jpeg

and video highlighting the crown differences for those interested...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbUhZeLgdzo/?taken-by=missylovesvintage

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1EFDFFC1-FD5E-4588-BCD6-1DC05632CD92.jpeg

OK my iphone is at 7%
so I bid you adieu
Bea and the i and i will miss you...
till next time we meet
and my phone is all charged
I wish you farewell and
have a wonderful saturday at large...;-)

ciao :wavey:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy. I'm glad you posted what you have, because in all honesty, I really don't prefer the other ring to Bea. I feel the setting is overshadowing the diamond, and I don't think it looks as elegant on your hand either. I was hesitant to give my honest opinion yesterday, because sometimes I can be a bit blunt, which isn't always what people want to hear:lol:

I'm sure that, like Greg and Bea, your unicorn higher colour is out there, just need to wait a bit longer for it to appear.

Wishing all the NRIDIs a great weekend.

Sorry for the short post, I'm just feeling a bit meh, a friend continues to disappoint and it's making me sad.:(2

:wavey:

Austina, thank you so much for sharing your honest opinions with me. That is truly what I want. I always want honesty even blunt honesty is kinder than kind white lies IMO. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate it so much.

As for your friend making you sad I am so sorry. Greg says I expect too much from people but I disagree. I do expect much from my friends and I give much in return. That is what real friendship is about. Being there for each other through the good and the bad and the mundane. (Shhh :shhh:Nirdis I know what you are thinking and this is not mundane to me though I apologize if I am boring you with my hundreds of bling pics and endless:think: painful evaluations :lol:).

So big hugs to you Austina and I hope your friend surprises you in a good way. (((Hugs))).

Jimmianne enjoy your art tour and I am sorry about your artist friend's broken arm. Sending her healing vibes and good wishes. Tell her we are thinking of her and good for her learning to paint with her left arm. Impressive!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy I didn;t know you were considering this stone as a replacement for Bea. I thought you were buying another!

While I adore the ring, I wouldn't trade it for what you currently have I do prefer higher colors but that stone isn't the (faceting) equal of yours. Moreover, I do prefer solitaries for large stones--as fabu as that setting is, I think a colored stone would suit it very well!

Off to a Remembrance Day event My late FIL served. Lest we Should Forget.

cheers--Sharon

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Bea is beautiful! In some of the pictures, the new OEC looks smaller because of the setting, and it also seems a bit duller in some of the pictures. I definitely would not trade Bea for the new ring, Bea is lovely and I especially like the puffy crown. The new OEC ring really doesn’t look as good from the side. I totally get what you mean by looking for the unicorn, still I wouldn’t trade Bea for this one :)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne :wavey:Hi missy :wavey:Hi all :wavey:

@Austina make sure you let your friend know she's not living up to whatever you were hoping from her...give her a clear chance to do right. She may not realize what you need / want....I hope you're able to work it out with her.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, no need to thank me, I really enjoyed chatting with you about bling yesterday! FWIW, I think you’re making the right call. I do like that the diamond is an I, I wouldn’t mind a higher colored diamond myself. :kiss2:But I’m a size ho, and Bea is, and looks, bigger haha! I think Bea looks better on your hand and I love her faceting. I’m glad you’re feeling at peace with your decision. I feel confident that you will one day find that unicorn diamond, just like you found your wonderful dh! I have been loving seeing all this delicious eye candy for the past few days too :love:

Marcy, I hope you’re having a good weekend with Marty home - I don’t blame you for passing on the pick-up truck expedition! I just realized I didn’t answer your question about my pendant reset - I’m going to a jeweler when I get back and see what he can do for me. Thank you for the Stuller rec, they have a great selection. I’m not really seeing exactly what I have in mind but I haven’t finished looking. What I have in mind is pretty simple so I’m hoping the jeweler can come up with something,,,without costing an arm and a leg haha. This is a reset on a budget :P2

Oh, and dh and I did find something fun to do...we checked out the Macaan and the Cayenne! Omigosh, the Macaan is gorgeous, and I didn’t even drive it, I just sat in it lol! I totally get why you are in love with your car. I regret not taking it for a test drive, but it was drizzling and I was nervous about driving on unfamiliar roads and highways. I LOVED it though. The salesman could not stop singing its praises - yeah, I know, he’s a salesman but I could tell his enthusiasm for the Macaan was genuine. He said the only reason to consider a Cayenne is if you need the extra room. And I think we will, because dh wants to get a yellow lab at some point and whatever car we get has to hold a big dog and a cat comfortably since we plan on driving back and forth from SC (doesn’t that sound like fun :???:) The Cayenne is a beautiful car too, but almost felt a bit too big for me, and I felt kind of “ensconced” in it. the Macaan felt so sporty, like a race car lol! Anyway, we plan on test driving them when we get back to NJ.

PierreBear, I’m so glad you’re happy with your new tiles, it sounds beautiful! I think renovations like this really do brighten things up and I know you will enjoy it.

I smiled when I read your fil’s opinion on eating in a theater - a while back a friend and I saw La-La Land in a theater that had waiter service! It was fun. But my friend had the same opinion as your fil - she said trying to eat during the movie was too distracting! I didn’t find it that distracting, but I had a hard time seeing what I was eating lol.

Sharon, good luck getting around in the snow, and stay as warm as you can!

Hi Jaaron!

CJ, I hear you, the support from this thread is so helpful in times of stress. It’s great to hear from you, I’m glad you, dh, and Mousey are doing well!

Jimmianne, lol to getting such a kick out of “panda”! I know what you mean about laughing so hard...it feels really good and a little scary at the same time :P2 I am a fan of lazy dinners these days too. So sorry about your friend’s broken arm, that is such a shame and I hope she heals quickly. Have fun on your art tour! Glad the horses are warm in spite of the cold, and hopefully if you get them blankets they’ll keep them on lol.

Austina, sending hugs, it stinks when friends disappoint us. I went through a rough time with a friend a while back - she was snarky and cold towards me and I had no idea why. I never addressed it, I probably should have, but I just backed off for a while. In hindsight I think she was depressed and lonely, and worried about something her daughter was going through. Overtime her mood improved and things seem back to normal now. Anyway, I hope you can resolve the issue with your friend and things improve between the two of you.

Having a nice time here in SC - it’s a little nippy temperature-wise but not as cold as the NE I guess! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60’s. Dh and I ended up seeing Murder on the Orient Express - it was his idea, I’m an Agatha Christie fan and he knows I’ve been wanting to see it. It was enjoyable and I thought it was well done, although it’s getting not-so-great reviews. :-oWe’ve been eating out every night and I have a feeling I’ve put some weight on while I’ve been here lol! It’s been fun though :D

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

CJ, I am glad I can provide you a smile or good laugh. Those are always a nice treat. We are doing well and hope you are the same. I am glad the NIRDI’s were help to help reduce your stress. The thread Missy started is an eye opener. I’ve always tried to keep in mind no matter what my troubles are I can always find someone with a lot worse problems than mine. That doesn’t make them less important but helps with perspective.

J..D. Panda, my name certainly fit but I headed to a car wash about 10:30 this morning and now we can call me Marcy mostly clean car. A lady at worked recommended a touch-less car wash that is on the other side of town in a little strip mall and is usually not very busy. I had to wipe down my back window but my car looks was better. I even dusted it inside. You still enjoying your Honda? I laughed too at your French teacher thinking you said you drove a Panda. That’s pretty funny. Your supper sounds pretty good. My baked burger wasn’t bad. It was kind of gray like comes out of an electric grill but I took it out of the foil and baked it for about 5 more minutes and it came out more edible looking. And what bling is Missy talking about? Huh, huh, huh? Oh no to your artist friend breaking her arm. That is nice of you to drive her and I hope she learns to paint with her other arm okay.

Missy, I hope meeting with the contractor went well. I tend to prefer solitaires too because I want it to be all about the diamond. That of course is just me. LOL to looking cool and being cool in your leather jacket. I hate to get really cold though because then I can’t warm up. Heated seats are a must and I am glad you got dropped off at the door. I agree pickup money takes a back seat to bling money. I think I clearly conveyed my opinion last night on a new pickup and while Marty drove one today he apparently told the salesman he’d best not look at buying one now. I am so glad you found Greg when you did because he turned out to be perfect for you. It sounds to me Bea is winning in the battles of the OEC’s in the areas that are most important to you. I also believe if you tell Adam exactly why you prefer Bea he can continue searching for a Bea-like OEC in a higher color. Searching for the unicorn is a challenge but worth the wait. You know in the series of pictures you posted this morning I think Bea looks better in everyone of those pictures. Whether it be crispness, facet patterns, catching the light, more detail, just general overall beauty. Bea won every time.

Austina, I am sorry to hear a friend continues to disappoint you. It’s always a hard thing to deal with and I totally understand it would make you sad. Hugs to you. I am with you on being blunt. I am brutally honest so I always hesitate to give an opinion and I often tell people if you don’t want an honest answer don’t ask me for one. Nothing wrong with honesty but it’s often something people would rather not hear.

Sharon, I hope the Remembrance Day event was nice. Veteran’s Day was here today. A big thank you to all who served and definitely we should never forget.

Hi Jadesilver.

Junebug, I can’t say I minded skipping the truck test drives today. I got things done around the house and ran some errands. Stuller’s settings seem very decent and aren’t high priced. I am sure your jeweler can come up with what you want for a new setting. I totally get wanting to keep some bling projects in the more reasonable price range - you know save more money for other bling projects. That is so interesting you thought the salesman really liked the Macan. The guy we bought ours from was almost giddy telling us about how well they perform. He teaches winter driving classes and he had 3 other people in a Macan Turbo on one of those tracks and he said a Cayman S couldn’t get away from him. The Macan totally handles like a sports car; Marty has a blast driving it especially in corners and holy crap does it accelerate. I don’t know if the Cayenne would handle that well but I honestly don’t know. I hope you guys do go test drive them. We both really enjoy the Macan. Keep me posted. I am glad you are enjoying your vacation in SC. I read Agatha Christie books in junior high and high school. I loved them. My grandmother loaned me some of her paperback books and I poured through all of them and then bought some more.

We are having a nice weekend so far. Marty and I were up early and after his sister got up we went out for breakfast. They ventured off to test drive pickups and I came home and started laundry. I went out to wash my car and picked up some groceries. I just sat down to relax and they told me to meet them for lunch. My SIL likes the Ford or Dodge pickups. Marty did like the GMC Denali but I think my comment last night registered it’s not a good time to buy a new pickup. Lucky for him. To celebrate I ordered myself that Persona Snoopy bracelet. See that was way less expensive than a new pickup.

Marty is cooked steaks and asparagus on the grill for supper and I have potatoes baking for us. We are going to split a little tub of Cherry Garcia for dessert. Living on the edge there.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina I’m sorry about your friend. Like June I had my favorite friend go cold. I still don’t know what happened but it could not be resolved. (So far)
I hope you and your friend are able to get back on track and soon!

Marcy could you shoot me an email? I thought I would be a smarty pants and get rid of unwanted emails by not transferring my computer contacts to my iPad, and I lost a bunch of my favorites. Dumb.
I like the way you think. Truck, NO, sorry......oh... Snoopy? Well heck YES!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon I wish haha. 2 beautiful big diamonds. Yes yes yes. :love::love::love: I have been thinking hard about what non diamond stone if any would look gorgeous in that setting and then I would buy just the setting. But I really just wear my solitaire ER and am not a multi ring girl. If I were I would definitely want to purchase that gorgeous antique setting believe me.

Hope the Remembrance day event went well. May your FIL rest in peace.

Hi Jadesilver! Thank you for chiming in and welcome to Pricescope!

Hi Missy, Bea is beautiful! In some of the pictures, the new OEC looks smaller because of the setting, and it also seems a bit duller in some of the pictures. I definitely would not trade Bea for the new ring, Bea is lovely and I especially like the puffy crown. The new OEC ring really doesn’t look as good from the side. I totally get what you mean by looking for the unicorn, still I wouldn’t trade Bea for this one :)

I agree. If I didn't have Bea to compare this new OEC with I would love the new OEC. An I for a true OEC what a rarity that is at that size. But the facets of the I don't draw me in like Bea does. And they don't seem as on as Bea's facets do. I prefer Bea's pleasing shape and softness, glowy colors and flowery facets much more than the I. Not to mention her puffy pillowy delicious crown. I don't want to give all that up despite wanting a higher color. Also truth be told while I can see a difference in color in some of the lighting environments I don't see a difference much of the time. I don't know if my unicorn diamond exists and until I find it (if ever) I love and appreciate Bea even more now.
I hope she forgives me for looking elsewhere!:oops2:::)

Awww thanks Junie! And same here. I always enjoy chatting with you. I am so pleased you are enjoying your SC visit and that you and your dh are finding fun things to do. I love car shopping very much. Next time yes test drive that baby.:sun: And yay for your temperate weather. That sounds like heaven right about now where we are still quite chilly at the Jersey shore. Greg just asked if I wanted to go walking on Sandy Hook beach. Hahaha being the cuckoo clock that I am I said yes. He said you cannot wear your little leather jacket. Hahaha that is all I have but I said nothing. He can keep me warm as we walk on the beach today.:bigsmile:
How fun to see the Agatha Christie movie. I didn't even know there was a remake of that one out now. I am out of the loop for sure when it comes to movies. Glad you enjoyed it!

Marcy yay to getting a new Snoopy bracelet. Bling weekend celebration.:appl: And yay to Cherry Garcia. You go girl living on the edge and all. That's an edge I can identify with...:lol: Hope all your chores are done. Glad Marty came to his senses and listened to you re the pickup. Smart man.
I agree with you. Once I am cold it is harder to warm up yet still I make foolish outwear choices. :|

Thanks so much for sharing all those lovely comments about Bea and for sharing your opinions about the diamond dilemma. I appreciate hearing your honest
thoughts and I agree with everything you wrote. Hopefully Adam will be on the lookout for me re the unicorn but he is so busy I really don't know if he can. I hope he can and will though.

The contractor appointment went OK but I am having second thoughts about the arrangement and it kept me awake in the middle of the night last night. The problem is that we have limited choices due to the kitchen space and we can only make the best of the space that we have. And I have concerns about the cabinet number and placement and perhaps making it feel claustrophobic and light deprived. My big problem is being able to visualize what will be done as I have spatial perceptual challenges in my brain so that is my biggest issue. I think we need to remove some of the cabinets as you come in to the front door and add windows. Lose storage space yes but gain light. Always a battle b/w form and function isn't it? But the last thing I want is to make it feel claustrophobic in the kitchen and we have a limited space as it is.

Hi CJ, I hope Mousey finds her forever home soon and that it is warm and loving and wonderful. You are warm and wonderful for doing this.

Quick pic before we went on our kitchen adventures yesterday.

beavstheIoec.jpg

Profile comparison at kitchen store yesterday. Bea looks very tinted in these photos and you can see the color differences. However IRL I don't see what the camera sees. You know that saying the camera adds 10 lbs? Well make that the camera adds 10 lbs (to humans) and a yellow tinge to OECs. Bwahahaha. But it's true!

profileofbeanov2017.jpg

4.28Iprofile.jpg

Another profile comparison.

9FCD5CF4-C75D-4E0F-8781-FCE1B10CAA55.jpeg

Bea and the I at the kitchen store (lots of beige surround in that store). Both diamonds looked less than beautiful in this lighting but sharing it anyway because let's be real. Diamonds don't look amazing all the time. YMMV.

beanov2017.jpg

4.28IOEC.jpeg

I have all the kitchen plans that Joe drew up but Greg is texting him now to let him know that we are making changes based on my thoughts re light and claustrophobic concerns. Don't want to call him on a Sunday rather just give him a heads up that we are making changes to his plans. Giving up cabinet storage for light and airiness. Hope I am not making a big mistake because I have so much difficulty visualizing things. But in my gut I think additional light (adding back windows) and space (taking away cabinets) will be better for me than more storage and less light and space.

Just a birds eye view of the kitchen as per Joe. I have too many drawings to share them all here so just this little tease.
birdseyeview.jpg

As you walk in the front door you see all the cabinets? Well I want to remove the top 2 cabinets leave the bottom and add back a window on the South side (front of house) and increase the window on the west wall right as you walk in...so to the left as you walk in remove the first 2 top and middle cabinets increasing window size and number. And on the East wall remove the first 2 top cabinets that are just hanging there and increase the window size and center the window. So losing 4 cabinets but increasing window size and number and increasing free space. Hope that makes sense.

Hope everyone enjoys a lovely Sunday. :wavey:

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I sent you a few emails so hopefully you got them. It is hard to maintain friendships for a long time and when they go cold it’s kind of tough. I am such a loner, home body type I am sure I let friends drift away and it’s all on me. Valid point about the hypocrisy of saying no to a new truck but turning around and ordering a Snoopy charm bracelet. My rational (fair or not) is that is a one time fee not an increase in a monthly car payment and it didn’t waste thousands of dollars between losing the maintenance we paid for and maybe ending up with financing that is not 0%.

Missy, you know my personal preference is colorless diamonds but my favorite diamonds are MRB and EC. I totally think OEC look more classy and elegant with a touch of warmth. I imagine Adam values you as a customer especially with all the people you’ve sent his way so hopefully he keeps his eye out for another unicorn OEC that can win you away from Bea. Until then remember Bea has beat back all the competition that has come her way. In the comparison pictures today, the first one I wouldn’t say one diamond looks any better than the other; and then when I look at the profile shots - Bea wins hands down. That is a tough call going for light or space in the kitchen. Can you get adequate light by adding ceiling lights? I would hate being claustrophobic in the kitchen. Of course I would hate that anywhere. I am not good a visualizing rooms from a drawing so I won’t be any help there.

My SIL left after lunch. She and Marty had scrapple for breakfast. It’s something that had growing up in Maryland. I certainly have no desire to try it. I think ingredients are what it sounds like. We ran out and checked out the pickup my SIL liked yesterday. It is a neon lime green. Pretty cool looking with black trim on it.

We rented the movie Baywatch last night. I’d watched it a few weeks ago but recommended it since i thought it was good and funny. There wasn’t much on PPV that sounded interesting. I rented one last weekend that was so horrible I watched 15 minutes of it and turned it off.

We sat down and figured out employee benefits last night for 2018. Our health insurance is costing us over $4200 more next year. OUCH!!! I was looking at how much those eye drops will cost me. It looks like they will be about $19 more per bottle. Higher premiums and less benefits. Glad that RV payment is gone. Higher premiums and the usual higher property taxes and home owners insurance will negate no longer paying on the RV.

Marty will be heading out shortly. I think I’ll brew up some cookies. . A friend of mine is moving Wednesday so I can take them over a plate of cookies that day. Plus a few warm cookies sound tempting.

Have a great day.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your plan sounds good and I think you will see a big difference with those changes you have thought of.

Marcy, I think Marty should have his truck, but only after the more important things in life are taking care of, like bling.
Brewing up some cookies are you??? Got any to spare???
Let me check if there’s an app for sending some through the computer to NC.

I hardly did a darned thing all day. Saw a great movie The Last Living Boy in NYC.
Then I was online with dd and fiancé & together we looked at houses in France on the Internet. They are looking, and both sides of the family have agreed to help out.
Meanwhile they are staying in my house more often, which thrills me because that’s one of the reasons I got it.
But mostly I was online reading tons of old PS threads and slouching about. I will confess that I’ve been in lounging pjs all day, even to go to the barn. A REAL day off.
Hugs to you all.
JdPanda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I didn't tell Marty he couldn't have a new pickup just presented my thoughts why it didn't make sense to me right now. One thing that stopped him from really liking it was you need to use a key. Both of our vehicles are completely key-less so we are used to that. Should he decide he wants one I'll tell him what payment is acceptable and we'll see where it goes. They are slightly cheaper than F150 so other than paying for the sales tax I imagine the payment would be about the same.

I am brewing up cookies. Come on by! I ate some dough and 2 warm cookies. Now I am completely full and probably buzzing on sugar for a while. I'll pack them up and put them in the freezer and get them to my friend sometime this week.

Good for you relaxing today and staying in your PJ's. How fun for your DD and her fiance looking for a place and that's very cool they are spending some time in your place.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

Missy, I like your ideas for the kitchen layout, I think the changes you’re suggesting make sense and will give you the results you want. Yanno, maybe it’s just my old eyes but I’m not seeing a whole lot of color difference between the 2 diamonds. Maybe just a tad in a few but Bea is holding her own in the color department if you ask me. I agree with you that all diamonds have certain lighting where they don’t look their best. And I think these iPhone cameras tend to pick up more tint in the diamond than we’re seeing IRL. Fingers crossed Adam stays on the lookout for a higher color diamond for you.

Marcy, I kid you not, the salesperson we talked to was absolutely giddy about the Macan too! He was either sincere or the best actor in the world :D HIs enthusiasm over the Macan really did seem genuine. I can’t wait to test drive one. Dh and I were talking, and he said if I really love the Macan once I drive it we can figure out another way to cart animals around ha. I’ll have a better idea once I drive them both I guess. I’m glad your sil found a truck she likes, it does sound cool. Lol, sounds like Marty was tempted but cooler heads prevailed! Agree with Missy, smart man. Ugh, I am so sorry your premiums are increasing by so much, that stinks. :(2 As you said, at least the RV is sold so that will help out. Your weekend sounds like it was a good one, they sure go by fast. Yum to cookies, sounds good! Post pics of your Snoopy bracelet when you get it - love Snoopy!

Jimmianne, good for you for treating yourself to a lazy Sunday! I am a big supporter of the occasional lazy day. (Maybe even more often than occasional lol). Glad you treated yourself to a day of relaxation and rest, it’s good for the soul! Very exciting that your dd and fiancé are looking at houses. It’s great that they can stay at your place until they find one, works out well for everyone.

Had a very nice day here in SC, weather was sunny and in the 60’s, warmer than yesterday. Dh played golf and then we took a walk on the beach - ordered sandwiches for dinner and watched the football game, and dh’s team lost much to his chagrin. We have an early flight tomorrow so I better get myself into bed.

Have a good night all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I am anxious to hear what you think when you guys test drive the Macan and Cayenne. I was asking Marty earlier today if the Cayenne would handle like a sports car. He said no because it is larger and heavier. When you drive one they have a 4 cylinder, a S model, a GTS and a Turbo. We have the GTS model. I drove the S model first and thought it was peppy enough but Marty wanted to try the GTS. We went to Denver and found one of those to drive and I was hooked. I was going to wait and buy the Macan when the warranty ran out on my A6 but after driving the GTS I immediately began configuring my order online and we went and ordered it the following weekend. I think you could get a dog and cat on the back seat of the Macan; it's not like they need leg room. Especially if they like to snuggle up and they'd definitely be okay if the lab was sitting up looking out the window. I honestly can't believe how much I like it and how much I love to drive it. I've never been that excited about a car in my life.
We could have picked a no cost to us insurance but deductibles were really high and coverage wasn't very good. I'd rather pay for better insurance and not need it than vice versa. Luckily the RV payment went away just in time.
The cookies were good but I put them away so I won't eat another one or two.
I will definitely get a picture of the Snoopy bracelet. I hope I'll like the adjustable bracelet; I think I'll actually wear it then since it won't be so clunky on me.
Your last day in SC sounds lovely. Tell your DH my team isn't doing so well tonight. Luckily I plan on watching something else in about 30 minutes. Safe travels tomorrow.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy? Where are my cookies??? Just to make me miserable, please tell me....What kind were they?

Dear NIRDI partners in crime, I *must* announce that I’ve found us a new diamond!
It should be arriving here before the end of the week.
It’s a “new-old” cut asscher from Gemconcepts.
I can’t wait to show you this latest bling aquisition to our collection.:appl:

Speaking of our collection, Missy? Are we keeping the Queen???

June, I hope you had a good flight back and happy you got to spend some time in a warmer climate. The beach is so therapeutic for the soul. Was it refreshing and relaxing?
Do you have any other travel plans in mind? We are just to about to go through that slightly ughcold&dark time of the year. Maybe we should have a gtg in a warm place!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie your SC weekend sounded amazing and safe flight back my dear! Hopefully the rain will be ended by the time you land. It's a dreary day but going to clear up later and for the test of the week. I think you are right. The iPhone picks up so much more tint that I ever see IRL. Thanks for your lovely comments and thoughts and opinion on the kitchen layout too. Appreicate it!

Marcy yes I think you will enjoy your adjustable Snoopy bracelet. Thanks for your thoughts and advice. We are going to add lighting fixtures because I don't want to damage the ceiling design. Joe wanted to concrete it over or something like that and I said no way. So we cannot do recessed lighting as originally planned there but I don't want to change what I feel is special about our ceiling. Thanks for the additional comments about Bea. I agree. The lower colors (and that includes I IMO) are necessary to bring out the depth and glow of the OECs but in MRB I don't like anything lower (for me) than a G. My original ER was an MRB that was a GIA GVS. It was very bright. Of course my heart belongs to OECs and I don't think (never say never though LOL) I would ever change back to an MRB. But I do agree they are beautiful in their own right and I love your dazzling white bright collection Marcy.

Jimmianne yes you know the answer to that. And glad you shared your happy news with everyone woohoo cannot wait! Thanks for your opinion re the layout. I just don't know but Joe is coming to remeasure tomorrow and give us feedback. We are running out of time as if we don't order the custom cabinets soon (by this weekend) we cannot start beginning of January which is my preference. Need to be finished by end of March or I am really not interested in doing the kitchen reno. The custom cabinets take 8 weeks and I have to chose our countertops before we can order the cabinets to make sure they don't clash..who knew white was so difficult to match lol. Snowdrift vs stone vs etc So many different whites and what we order depends on the marble we choose. It is all connected.

One troubling thing. Greg had 2 olfactory hallucinations (what I am calling them at least). He thought he smelled skunk last night but I smelled nothing and then this AM he thought he smelled cigarette smoke in the kitchen. I am sort of freaking out with worry but he refuses to make an appointment to see the doctor and wants to wait and see if he has another episode. Is this a sign of impending stroke or something? Should I insist he see the doctor? And which specialist should he see? Neurologist or internist? This is worrying me so much right now but he is very stubborn.

Onto happier weekend activities since I don't want to disappoint my NIRDIs of course. I am sharing some photos for you from yesterday's beach adventure. These will be the last photos I share of the I OEC and remember if anyone is in love with this OEC (and there is a lot to love) it is available for purchase...maybe we need to keep it in the NIRDI/PS family? Just saying...

First up Bea enjoying her day at the beach. Ocean waves crashing and all around us the beauty was smashing.The sand, the sea and the salty air. All the beauty surrounding us was almost too much to bear. Birds gracefully soaring high above and so happy to be sharing it all with my love...and yes Greg too.:lol: Haha well he is my Boo.:kiss2: OK without further adieu... presenting Bea and her I OEC friend too.

Bea and the sand and the sea and me
beaatthejerseyshorenov2017.jpg

beaatthebeachnov2017.jpg

beaatthebeachnov2017.jpeg

Next up is the I and incredibly lovely and oh so bright she tried to win me over with all her might. But Bea won my heart what can I say... the saga continues for another day. Both so beautiful and lovely to behold, oh these old cuts have a story to be told. Glowy and soft, so chunky and delish, wish we could have many of these beauties to wear and worship. Onto the I before I say bye and sad I will be but I know my Queen Bea well I know she will comfort me.

The I
ioecatbeachnov2017.jpeg

IOECatbeachnov2017.jpg

Leaving you with Bea and my shadow too. One too many pic is better than too few...so here she is. one more time. Enjoying the sun the ocean the sand...and yes she is still mine.

beaandmyshadow.jpg

Oh wait there's one more to photo share, more valuable than diamonds and much much more dear,
Yes you have guessed it-my dh, my sweet, my b'shert and my darling dear.

shadowsonbeachnov2017.jpeg

Have a great Monday, stay safe and enjoy!
And thank you for reading my silly post, filled with rhyming galore.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will add one more thing. It was super challenging taking the photos of Bea yesterday as I am right handed and wore the I on my left hand and Bea on my right so when I was taking Bea photos I was using my left and let's just say my photos suffered. I am so not ambidextrous. So that is why the I OEC photos are definitely clearer and better quality. I am sorry but I did the best I could do. I figured let me give the I the best photos as I already knew I was keeping Bea and was giving the I back. So this was my last opportunity to take good photos of the I if anyone might be interested in rescuing the I for themselves...just saying!

Contact you know who....Adam (oldworlddiamonds)...if I could keep 2 these would be the two OECs I would keep. I is super rare in such a beautiful OEC. (And remember my photos don't do any of these beauties justice).

View attachment 601155 1EFDFFC1-FD5E-4588-BCD6-1DC05632CD92.jpeg

and video at the beach yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbaLWw1AArX/?taken-by=missylovesvintage

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Brrrr it's cold here.

@missy can you not get CGI pictures of the new kitchen to give you a better idea of what it'll look it. It certainly made it easier for us to visualise our new kitchen?

I'm glad you didn't mind me giving my honest opinion on the ring. The videos of the beach yesterday looked lovely, we had a similar bright bracing day here. Same again today, and I'm finally wearing a light coat.

I'm in 2 minds about seeing MOTOE @junebug17 I don't know if you've ever seen our TV series with David Suchet, but to me, he is the quintessential Poirot. Well worth watching if you get the chance. How exciting to be thinking about a new car. I was thinking about a Porsche Boxster a while back, but sadly realised it just wasn't big enough :( I think the Macan is a better looking car than the Cayenne.:whistle: Safe journey home.

:shock: at the healthcare cost hike @marcy certainly a lot more than we currently pay here.

Sound like it's not the best time for a new pickup- especially if Marty doesn't actually need it :lol: Colin has zero interest in cars and I was surprised he suggested getting a new one this year. Of course the trusty spreadsheets played their part, and he'd worked out that the trade in on ours + the difference, against the future trade in on the new one when we move, made it the perfect time to change. I of course didn't care about any of that, I was just happy to get a new car :lol:

Sounds like the perfect day @Jimmianne why not? Especially when you have no one else to please or worry about. I'm happy for your DD and fiancé embarking on property buying, exciting times for them, and it's certainly a good feeling to be able to help them achieve it.

Hi CJ2008, happy to hear that the little puss is doing so well.

Thank you all for your kind words re my friend. I'm sure she's totally oblivious, and whilst I'm struggling for it not to change things, I don't want a confrontation, so I will just slowly back off and wait it out.

After my recent truck driving experience, I suggested to Colin we find something we could do together. So yesterday we were riding Segways, it was really cold, but we wrapped up warm and had fun.

Have a great day everyone :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were posting at the same time @missy How is Greg feeling? I'm sure you know this, but sometimes olfactory hallucinations can also be a symptom of upper respiratory infection rather than anything sinister.

If there's any recurrence, then I'm with you, get him to a Doctor to rule out other things. xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were posting at the same time @missy How is Greg feeling? I'm sure you know this, but sometimes olfactory hallucinations can also be a symptom of upper respiratory infection rather than anything sinister.

If there's any recurrence, then I'm with you, get him to a Doctor to rule out other things. xx

Thank you Austina. Of course that went right out of my mind as when I think of anything bad happening to Greg my brain stops working properly and my heart goes into a frenetic rhythm. Honestly nothing in this world is as important to me as he is and I would gladly give all my diamonds and everything I own to make sure he is safe. It really puts it all into a glaring perspective for me yanno? All my silly diamond obsession goes out the proverbial window.

Thank you for bringing me back to rational thought. Hoping that is what it is. Nothing sinister and just a something innocent. He is feeling A OK and he doesn't have sinus issues like I do but perhaps it is something similar.
XOXO and (((hugs))).

P

PierreBear

Good morning Friends! I’m starting to feel more like myself and today I’m wearing my closed toe shoes without pain. I took my nail polish off the past weekend and finally and got a closer look at my toe nails. I thought I had big blisters under both of my big toes but it was just really really bruised. Pretty ugly but I covered those babies up with some gray nail polish. Haha…

DH and I had a great weekend. We watched the new blade runner, which really didn’t live up to expectations but had a good time. Also did a lot of house chores. I weeded the cactus garden, which is a bit dangerous to do. Who knew there was another use with chopsticks to get those weeds that grow close to the spine?! We also cleaned out the garage and sprayed down the floors. DH went above and beyond and also washed the windows. All this was happening while some brisket and pork butt was smoking. We are preparing for friend’s Thanksgiving and we are bringing those along. Port butt was moist but the brisket ended up being a bit dry. We haven’t mastered using the smoker. Possibly did it too long or needed to do it a lower heat?! Anyone have any tips and are into smoking meets too or it just a Texas thing where I feel like every man has a smoker. Haha!

@jaaron – Just wanted to say hello! Hope you are doing well. You aren’t the odd one either. I think vintage settings are fun but like simple ones as well.

@CJ2008 – Hello!!!! Hope you had a great weekend as well.

@Austina – I hope you are feeling better in regards to your friendship with your friend. I was going through something similar recently and I can’t say that I have fully resolved it but am trying to be more at peace with it. I do hope though that you feel loved, valued, and treasured. You are an amazing woman and we are lucky to keep in touch with you!

Ya’ll are so much fun!… riding a Segway sounds like a blast. I’m guessing you rented it and went around town? I’ve never done it before. Does it feel natural?

@marcy – Can’t go wrong with a simple dinner! I usually default to something quick but since the race has been over, I feel like I’ve gained an extra 5 hours on Sat and Sun and decided to make Cioppino (seafood stew) over the weekend. It doesn’t take a long time to make but some planning goes into getting the seafood. I experimented with some frozen blue crabs that were cleaned out already. I was a bit shocked with how expensive clumps of crab meat were. It was tedious to peel and get the crab meat out, however, I did boil it in the water which helped out with the seafood stock so perhaps it was still a win? I really had a good time following a recipe and being excited for a home cooked meal. The week days are for oven/simple meals for me too. : )

How interesting that Marty prefers a car without a key. We still have an older vehicle that was built in 2005 that still uses a key. The other one is newer and does not. The newer one has issues but it’s usually technological related (sensors etc). The older vehicle, whenever there is an issue, just feels like a true issue to help the car run better. I might be in the minority but I think I prefer my cars to be dumb though I do appreciate some of the newer advances. Good luck with the truck decisions!

Oh all this talk about Porsches makes me want to ask a question. I think DH would love a SUV one day I think it would be the Cayenne?! I don’t know if we could ever go through with it as we’ve heard that the maintenance is so expensive even for a simple oil change. Your thoughts?

@Jimmianne – Oh how interesting that you do French lessons via skype. What made you go this route? I heard that are “meet ups” where you might be able to find other people wanting to converse and practice. Haven’t tried it before but thought the concept was interesting.

@missy – I love hearing you talk about Greg and your marriage. Two unicorns together! Glad you are feeling at peace with your diamond journey. Whatever you wear/chose, it will be great as you have wonderful taste.

Ohhh the kitchen set up looks wonderful. What an eye to be able to scale out things and draw from an aerial view. I am definitely challenged in terms of visual imagination.

Oh no… sorry to hear that Greg has smelling things. I hope he does get it checked up. I don’t have a medical background at all but I would be concerned if it’s neurological related? Perhaps he might be due for an annual physical or some other check up and he can just at least ask the question.

@junebug17 – Awwww how fun that you and DH did something out of the ordinary. Hey you can always go back for a test drive when the weather is a bit nicer. Good luck to picking out the best vehicle for you and the pets! Does your cat get nauseous on car rides? My cat can’t handle it and it results on non-stop meowing and some vomit. Are you considering any other SUVs?

Safe travels and hope the flight went well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Austina. Of course that went right out of my mind as when I think of anything bad happening to Greg my brain stops working properly and my heart goes into a frenetic rhythm. Honestly nothing in this world is as important to me as he is and I would gladly give all my diamonds and everything I own to make sure he is safe. It really puts it all into a glaring perspective for me yanno? All my silly diamond obsession goes out the proverbial window.

Thank you for bringing me back to rational thought. Hoping that is what it is. Nothing sinister and just a something innocent. He is feeling A OK and he doesn't have sinus issues like I do but perhaps it is something similar.
XOXO and (((hugs))).

Missy--migraines??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results