shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Jimmianne! Cannot wait to chat more and hear all about your beautiful adventures at your new French estate.:appl:
Safe travels home sweetie!!!

Marcy so glad you enjoyed Marty's friend's visit and he sounds quite interesting. Yes this weekend is more about Marty than you for sure but glad he is returning relatively soon from his business trip so it won't be a long time without him to entertain you. In the meantime we are here and I know you are quite capable of entertaining yourself.8-) I know your chocolate chip cookies are irresistible and glad you were able to share the delicious treat.

Thank you and the other girls who were available for keeping me company yesterday. And for being so supportive and wonderful. I have lots of pics to share from yesterday's adventure that not everyone got to see.

Greg and I went for the tandem trike fitting yesterday and the owner delivered it to us personally that evening after he was done with work for the day. Yay for good service! It was an enjoyable and long day. In the AM and early afternoon Greg and I were at the trike shop getting fitted and trying out our new tandem trike for about 3 and a half hours. The bike shop guys said I livened the place up. But of course.:lol:8-) We then went back home to the beach house and went for a ride on Calfee for a few hours as it wasn't too hot and we did the trail ride that was under tree coverage mostly. So remained relatively cool. Got back home and showered and then Laurie the trike shop owner delivered the new bike to us that evening as he doesn't live far from us. He stayed about 2 hours LOL. We had a productive day. OK enough chatting and onto the photos. Hope you enjoy!

First up a fire shot of Bea in the car going to the trike shop in the late AM. Marcy pointed out it looks like a kitty cat and she is right! LOL.
fireshotlookslikekitty.JPG

and I wore my "bike" shoes. LOL I got them a while ago but never wore them. They are not bike shoes really but see how cute the bicycles are on them? I got Greg a pair too.

bicycleshoes.JPG

Photos of the terra trike when we arrived at the bike shop 90 minutes later.

terratrike.JPG

terratrike.jpeg

Greg with the owner Laurie.

gregandlaurietrikeshop.JPG

Our first spin during our terratrike test drive around the bike shop neighborhood.

ridingterratriketestdrive.jpg

terratrikeridestokerview.jpg

Greg went on a single trike test drive afterwards and he said our tandem trike was much smoother a ride and he preferred the tandem trike. Woohoo lucky for me!:lol:

trikesingletestdrive.JPG

Showing Greg and Larry (not to be confused with Laurie the owner...Larry is going to take over when Laurie retires but right now Larry is doing an apprenticeship with Laurie and he was the one who fitted us to the bike or should I say fitted the bike to us!).

terratrikefitting.JPG

The flag I chose. Pricey accessories is all I will comment on that.:-o Can you see the bicycles on the flag?

terratrikebikeflagwithmyshoesinphoto.JPG

Photos continued next post as I have reached the photo limit one can post in a single post...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos continued...
Later that day in the early evening Laurie personally delivered the trike to us on his amazing 1995 banana yellow Volvo station wagon. Only 48 of these were ever made here. Cool bananas.8-)

deliveryofterratrikeyellowvolvo.JPG

terratrikeontopofyellowvolvo.JPG

gregandlaurieyellowvolvoandtrike.JPG

trikeontopofyellowvolvoupondelivery.JPG

Greg adjusting the mirror...our first bicycle mirror. I have one on my side too.

gregadjustingtrikemirror.JPG

cooltrikemirror.JPG

Taking a break and admiring the house and the view and Greg explaining all we have done to the house since we bought it.
gregandlauriebackyard.JPG

Close up of the color...a sparkly orange red color. It sparkles in the sun.

terratrikecolor.JPG

In its new home in the bike shed.

terratrikeinbikeshed.JPG

The new flag on the bike. Greg is installing strobe lights as I post in time for this morning's ride. We cannot be too careful and visibility is critical since we are super low to the ground. I am concerned about it but fingers crossed we will be AOK and we will be as smart as we can about it and extremely watchful and careful and cautious. We will have 3 flags on the bicycle plus strobe lights around the back flag and lights on the bicycle itself.

terratrikeflagonbike.JPG

Aaaannd that's all folks. Wish us luck. Today is our maiden voyage and I am a little bit nervous. LOL it wouldn't be me if I wasn't right?:confused::cheeky::lol:
Thanks for looking and sharing the experience with us and have a great day!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops two last photos. Larry took this of us right in front of the trike shop before we left that afternoon before delivery by Laurie that evening.

missyandgregonterratrike.JPG

And right now. Greg just finished outfitting the trike with the flags...
(you can see our sweet Calfee in the background...still love you Calfee!!!):love:

trikebeforemaidenvoyage.jpeg

and off we go!!! See you later.:wavey:

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great, have fun!!!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your new tandem trike is fabulous! I am pretty confident you and Greg will take it for a spin today. FUN! I hope you love it. Laurie was very nice to bring it to your beach house and I love the shot of Greg giving him the grand tour of your place. Now that i look at your fire shot again - I can't believe how much that looks like a cat. That is so darned "you". Very cool.

Hi Austina, has it cooled off there yet?

Marty got home about 2. I kept waking up coughing so I got up about 6. I tried to sleep in our recliner - nope. Then I tried the couch - nope. My biggest problem is I didn't bring a blanket out with me and I'm chilly. I could go sleep in one of the guest bedrooms but I just cleaned them up and washed everything so I didn't think a few more hours of sleep was worth doing all that again. Stupid cough. My head is really draining so I had OJ and now I am sipping on some Sprite.

Have a fabulous day!
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, love the pics of your visitors! They are so sweet. I can understand your concern over Beyoncé/Tinkerbell. she looks well fed and in pretty good shape in the pics, which is some comfort I guess. I hear you on wanting to have a little chat with her owner, I would want to as well! Hopefully at some point you will run into the owner and have that friendly conversation lol.

So glad everything went well with the trike. It's a beauty and looks like so much fun to ride! I enjoyed all the pics, thank you so much for sharing them - it was really fun being part of all the excitement. The pics of you and Greg cycling are great. I hope you had a great maiden voyage - you guys are experienced cyclists, I'm going to bet it went really well! Also love the gorgeous pic of Bea and your cute bicycle shoes!

I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this cough and I hope it gets better for you soon.

Marcy, love the pics of the double rainbows. I've never seen that before, very cool. I always found Miracle Grow to work really well too. Your flowers are beautiful. Breaking up the stones sounds like fun. I hope you find a sapphire lol! Marty's friend does sound very interesting and also a very nice guy. Always helps when a houseguest is pleasant ha. I don't blame him for indulging in your cookies. Dh is going to be away all week too, so we can keep each other company! Ugh, I'm sorry your cough kept you up - relax and pamper yourself a little today, and I hope you feel better soon.

Scandi, your ring is so amazingly beautiful!!! :love: I adore the look of a large diamond on the hand, I just can't help it lol! It looks sooo fabulous on you. Have you decided on a stain? I think I like the one with the slight yellow undertone - the one on top. Although I went back and looked at the pic of the flooring, and I'm wondering if the bright white of the floor might contrast too much with the yellow hue of the walls? Just thinking out loud, I am really not very good at this kind of thing!

And your English skills are great. They're better than mine haha! I feel like such a loser for not being able to speak another language. Your command of the English language is very impressive!

Pierrebear, I hope you're having a great time at the lake, sounds like fun.

Austina, glad you made it home safe and sound, although sorry about the coughing passenger! I'm glad to hear the heat has subsided. Still excited for you about your gorgeous ring, I hope you are enjoying it! Wouldn't mind a few pics when you get a chance :halo: Love the pic of those adorable puppies.

Springerspaniel, I hope you had a good time in Philly, I live close to that city! Congrats on the new furbaby.

Jimmianne, good luck getting everything organized before you head home. We have missed you and I'm looking forward to hearing about your time in France!

Jaaron, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you needed surgery and I hope you are recovering well and feeling ok. Sending lots of good thoughts and get well wishes to you. (((Hugs)))

My trusty computer finally conked out :( It's an old one, a 2009 MacBook Air - I inherited it from my son. Apple doesn't make replacement parts for it anymore so it can't be fixed. Unfortunately, it won't turn on and it wasn't backed up so I can't retrieve anything from it. Luckily it was just for my personal use, I didn't have anything really important on it. Most of my pics are on my iPad, and most of them are jewelry pics anyway. :oops: The only pic I'm upset about losing is one of my dh, mother, and myself. I'm hoping my sister still has it. I get oddly attached to things and I miss my computer lol. Maybe I'll get a new one at some point but for now I guess I'll just use my iPad.

This estate business is moving along, albeit slowly :knockout: It's a long story and involves some family stuff so I won't go into too much detail, but I'm going to wait to list the house until I get back from vacation in July. I'd rather not, I'm anxious to get started but holding off is probably for the best. There are a few circumstances going on that make this sale a little more complicated than the typical estate situation.

On a brighter note, my sister is here visiting her grandson and my daughter and I are going to my nephew's to visit with everyone tomorrow. It's a win/win for me - hanging out with a cute baby and seeing my dd at the same time.

I tried to catch up the best I could, sorry if I missed something - I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Good morning (actually, it's probably afternoon for most of you;)), ladies! It's been awhile since I've been able to check in.

I love seeing the photos of everyone's fur babies!

Missy, your new tandem trike looks amazing! I hope that the two of you are able to ride it for many years in good health. :)) I'm sorry if you've already posted, but what material is it made of? Carbon fiber, steel, aluminum? It looks really comfortable. I love your shoes with the bikes too.

P

PierreBear

This past weekend we went to a friend’s family lake house. Such a treat to be on the lake as it’s a rare occasion to beat the heat with friends. I went jet skiing for the first time. I’m not really a thrill seeker so going too fast did terrify me, bouncing around at the back. I held on really tight to DH and did have fun! Also tried wake boarding for the second time. I can get up on the board but have no balance. Wobble wobble wobble and plop down I go. Since this is a NIRDI thread, I’ll share a photo of how I had my hands too low and my knuckles hit the top of the board. Actually didn’t hurt too bad when it happened and is more tender and swollen now. I am just sooooo thankful it wasn’t my ring finger. This won’t change my ring size right????!!! Right???!!! No rings for me until all the swelling goes down. : )

@Austina – Grew up in Dallas but have been living in Austin for over 10 years. Living in Austin has been wonderful but agree that it is rather hot in the summer time. I think I might be a Texan for life but I envy that Cali weather or Colorado summers. Well, at least there are good places to vacation when it’s time to escape the heat in the summertime.

BTW, glad to hear that Spin/Bracco were adopted! Cute puppy photo!

@missy – Your tandem recumbent bike looks amazing! I love your shoes too! Is it scary being so low to the ground?
Capture.PNG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies.

Yikes @PierreBear, your hand looks very sore, hope it's soon back to normal. My son lives in Bee Cave! It cooled down considerably over the weekend, but was hot (for us) today. We were cleaning the car this afternoon and it was drying quicker than we could buff it.

Thank you for the photos of the new tandem @missy, you and Greg look such a lovely couple :love:

Your poochy is very handsome @Scandinavian

Boo to your computer conking out @junebug17, it should be possible to get everything off it, don't ask me how, but it's happened to me a couple of times and my DS was able to retrieve everything from the laptops and iPad.
I will try and take some better pictures of my ring :D

Hope the cough hasn't developed in to anything nasty @marcy and that you're feeling ok.

Hello @Platinum-blonde :)

DH is off to London extremely early tomorrow, has to have more treatment on a BCC on his nose. He's already had some removed, but will have the MOHs procedure so will be there until they get clear margins. He says it's a good job he has a big nose:roll:

Hope you're all having a good day :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Here are some close up flowers and all of my pots. I LOVE Miracle Grow.

Flrs.jpeg

potss.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, we get double rainbows here quite often but rarely full ones - it’s just pieces here and there or you lose it on the top. I really like watching the sky. I hope I find a sapphire too. I was going to go dig through my bucket today but can’t say I felt up to it. We can definitely keep each other company this week. We can always buy some new jewelry. Ha! Thank you about my cough; I am not better today. Darn it. Oh not that your computer conked out. I’d sure miss mine but like you I use my iPad a lot too. I hope your sister has that picture you want; someone may be able to remove the hard drive and retrieve your pictures for you. When I was teaching I lost about everything one time so we got one of those external hard drives but I rarely back my stuff up over there anymore. I should do that TONIGHT. I hope things work out soon on the estate stuff so you can get the house listed. That’s great your sister is visiting and you get to hang out with the cute baby and your DD. Definitely a win-win!!!

Scandi, great picture but why didn’t you put your “face” over your cute Fur Baby? Ha Ha.

Platinum Blonde, how are you doing?

PierreBear, OUCH! That looks painful. I hope your knuckles and hand get better soon.

Austina, I am looking forward to more pictures of your pretty ring. I have the full blown crud. I’m blaming either Marty who got sick when he was in LA a few weeks ago or the single chip I got out of a bag at work that who knows how many people’s hands had been in there. Darn. I hope your DH’s treatment went okay. Marty has had many spots cut off his neck and ear and do you think he’s good about wearing a hat and using sun screen? That would be um NO.

I did actually sleep 6 hours solid last night but it wasn’t enough. I feel pretty bad but I wanted to train a girl today so I did go in to work. I was having some coughing and sneezing attacks so my boss said “Go home”. I told my team I’ve been banned and I’m leaving. I did review my reports until about 11:30 at home and then logged in tonight for an hour or so to review some stuff we did that has to be reviewed by me before we release it. I am taking NyQuill tonight and not setting my alarm in the morning. Nasty crud for sure. Sadly I was pretty bored today. I tried to take a nap but never went to sleep. I can’t sleep once I get up and see light. I’m just done for the day. I did read for a few hours and watch most of the Batman vs Superman movie.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Sorry I missed checking in here yesterday. It was a very busy day (and we stayed an extra day here and off this morning to NYC) and I hope everyone had a good Monday.

Austina, wishing your dh loads of luck today with his procedure and sending healing dust his way! Thank you for your lovely compliment.

Junie, oh no to your computer conking out and I hope you were able to save everything you wanted to. I think you just might fall in love with your new computer when you get one... I hope your sister had the photo you wanted. Fingers crossed.

PierreBear I am sorry about your jet skiing mishap and that does look painful. I hope your hand is all better today. I am glad it isn't your ring finger as well. Sending you speedy hand healing vibes and gentle hugs. I went jet skiing a few times and loved it too. Speed and thrills on the water. Fun! I hope it won't turn you off doing it again.

It is not scary at all being so low on the trike. I thought it might be but all I am having is fun. So easy and comfortable and yes we are turning lots of heads. LOL. We have never seen a tandem recumbent trike at the shore during our cycling adventures but watch. I bet now that we have this trike we will start seeing a few more...

Missy, your new tandem trike looks amazing! I hope that the two of you are able to ride it for many years in good health. :)) I'm sorry if you've already posted, but what material is it made of? Carbon fiber, steel, aluminum? It looks really comfortable. I love your shoes with the bikes too.

Thanks Platinum-blonde! And even though we have only rode the trike for 2 days we LOVE it! No exaggeration it is the best ride ever! It is made of chromoly steel. Our Calfee tandem is a Carbon bike and also a sweet ride but this TerraTrike is just so comfortable due to the recumbent position and the comfort of the seat that I can see it becoming our favorite bike but shhh don't tell Calfee.:shhh: Seriously though we plan on alternating rides b/w this new tandem and the Carbon fiber tandem. This way we enjoy both.

Aww Marcy! I am sorry you aren't feeling well and that cough is hanging on. What is it about these darn coughs. Grrrr.
Marty will be home in a couple of days so yay for that. I hope you sleep in all morning and wake feeling completely better and rejuvenated and take the day off work anyway. Sending healing vibes and hugs your way. If you get bored get that free Netflix trial and start watching HOC. I bet you will enjoy it. And remember we are here to keep you company.
Wow that Miracle Grow does miraculous things to your beautiful flowers. That and your green thumb. Credit where credit is due Marcy.:love:

Scandi love your latest photo.

Quick summary of our maiden voyage on the Terra. It was a blast. We left around 830 AM. We rode 55 miles down the shore and stopped at our friend's house about 27 miles away and hung out for a while and played with their kitties and showed off the bike and had a lovely afternoon. We stopped for ice cream at Days and then Butch met us on the ride back and we arrived home after 530. It was such a wonderful day by the sea. Sun fun and friends furry and human. Cannot beat that. One issue (and of course there is always something right?) is that I have a pretty intense sun reaction. Those of you who know me know I am plauged with this mysterious sun reaction even covered with sunblock and/or spf clothing and 9 hours outside proved too intense for my skin. Oh well. Greg is going to make an spf canopy for the trike and hopefully that will help lessen the severity of the sun reactions. They are hot and uncomfortable and still with me right now. Both thighs and both calves raised rashes. Nice right?:( But I am not letting it stop me. No way no how.

So of course keeping that in mind we stayed yesterday (Monday) and met up with Butch and rode the day with him and we stopped for another ice cream at Days on the way back. We did 50 miles yesterday and only turned around because it was a work day for Greg. :halo:

Sharing photos of some of our adventures from the maiden voyage of Terra. Hope you enjoy.

On the Asbury Boardwalk Sunday.

recumbenttrikeonasburyboardwalk.JPG

In front of our friend's house in Sea Girt during our first break.

missyandgregontrikeatjoes.JPG

With our friend J and his son who was named after my dh.

gregjoeandgreg.JPG

With one of their sweet sweet kitties.

missyandjoeandkitty.jpeg

with their son.

missyandgregjr.JPG

Look at Greg's face with this kitty. My sweet dh loves animals!!! And he came from a home without any and he was deathly allergic and now look at him. Pure bliss.:love:

greglovingthekitty.JPG

and just hanging out.

joeandcherylshousehangingout.JPG

Then off to Days and enjoying some yummy well deserved ice cream.

icecreamduringtrikingbreak.JPG

and finally that Sunday meeting up with our buddy Butch.

gregandbutchinlongbranch.JPG

who was in love with the trike too.

butchonourtrike.JPG

OK I am hitting send because I already lost some of the post. I thought I lost it all and LOL wasn't happy. Continued next post. I promise I am almost finished posting hahaha.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well actually there is nothing left to share here LOL. We rode with Butch yesterday and it was so much fun. I was concerned how it would go because when we usually ride with Butch we are on our racing tandem and ride generally side by side which we cannot do with the trike as it is wider. But it worked out great and we could talk most of the way with him. We really enjoy riding with Butch and that is saying a lot because I usually prefer riding just with Greg but having Butch ride with us is really lovely. Next nice day (read not hot) he is going to drive up to our house and we will start the ride together. He lives inland and we usually meet him in Long Branch so meeting and starting together at our house will be nice.

Oops almost forgot. Here is our ice cream at Days from Monday with Butch. His first time there and he loved it. Who wouldn't?:lickout:

icecreamwithbutchatdays.JPG

with all this ice cream I am going to have to cycle more miles.:lol: I don't mind.:halo:

Jimmianne, have a safe flight home honey! Sending you safe travel dust. (((Hugs))).

Sunday evening after that awful sun reaction I went onto Coolibar and Solumbra and I ordered lots of their spf pants (I have all their spf tops already) and hoping I can find a pair or 2 that will help me cycle in sun protection comfort in addition to that canopy Greg is going to make. Fingers crossed it will all help.

It is supposed to be a brutally hot end of week and weekend coming up. That's why we have to make the most of the lovely days when they are here. Hope everyone had a great weekend and Monday and looking forward to catching up with all of you. We are off to our Brooklyn home in a few hours. Hope you all have a good Tuesday and see you later.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a photo last night of Fred and it is too adorable not to share here. OMG look at his (few) teeth. He is ferocious (not) !
Watch out Fred is on the prowl...:errrr:;-)

fredroaringatbeach.JPG

P

PierreBear

Thanks for all the good healing vibes! My hands are bothering me more now than the actual event of hitting them on the wake board. I feel like a 100 year old lady with arthritis as I can’t extend my fingers fully and daintily type on my keyboard. It’s a bit numb sometimes at work with the position of the keyboard on the desk. Feels better with the keyboard on my lap. Thankful for wireless technology at the moment!

@Austina – Bee Caves area is a fantastic part of town. So beautiful. I’m sure he loves it there. Even better when mom visits too! : )

@marcy – Can’t get over your flowers. Do you also do floral arrangements as a hobby? So kind of you to come into work just to train someone. They must feel so lucky to have you on the team to care so much to come in even when you don’t feel well. What industry do you work in? I hope you are feeling better and got to sleep in.

@missy – Bikes, cats, ice cream… all of my favorite things!! Haha great post and glad you are having a great time.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI Babes One & All!

Weellllll. We had terrible high temps here in the Phoenix metro area all last week and really, this week so far has been dreadful. This is the first time we've had 122, and the first time for super high heat in *June.* We used to get the occasional 117 in late August, that was the worst it ever got. I'm very sorry to report that I can't leave here for another 4-5 years due to my DH's employment/pension. It's going to be a VERY LONG 4 FREAKING YEARS. I was telling Missy I'm going to have to find another coping strategy other than F*O*O*D*. 20170616_171733.jpg

Here are Finn, background, and Maggie, foreground enjoying a swim session. Please note that Finn is actually PHOTOBOMBING his sister!! When I took this pic I had my polarized sunglasses on so did not see anything, just pointed and pressed shoot. When I saw what Finn was doing, I cracked up!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierrebear, your poor hand and fingers! Why do these things happen when we are supposed to be enjoying ourselves and trying something new!!

Hi Austina, and how is your sweet Spinone baby? Did you get the cold shoulder upon your return or was she just so glad to see you that she forgave your terrible transgression??? I hope your DH's Mohs' surgery went well. Lot of Mohs' surgeries here in my area. We see some really unfortunate situations due to skin cancers on the face/head around here. This winter I'm going to do a course of 5-FU even though I'm 'only' 58, because it has now been found to *prevent* skin cancer rather than just highlight their locations for removal.

Hi Platinum!

Junie, I hate 'learning' a new computer/system. Ugh. Maybe there will be something cool/new that you like on the new unit to compensate you for the newness factor? Let's hope so. The estate, I'm glad to hear its wrapping up even though it's having some draggy points. When Bob was finally done with his mom's it was like losing 100 lbs, THE BEST EVER!!!I will be happy for you when yours is all completed.

Marcy, hi and feel better fast! Lovely flowers, so so pretty! Rats on the rough, but you and Marty are just going to have to make a visit to that location yourself and sift rough all day and take some home too!!!

Scandi, how is the house coming along? You're super sane with that going on, the mistakes that get made (OMG, the preventable mistake the glass company made on my gorgeous perfect brandnew shower, I could have KILLED the "measure-never-cut-too-big" poophead who did it. ARGH. )

Jimmianne, hi and I'm go glad things are going well in France! Did you DD and her fiance tie the knot? I well might have missed it in everything that people are posting for the summer.

Missy, I love Trikie! I want to ride Trikie!!!! I just don't want to be responsible for steering or turns!!!! I might cut a curb or something/somebody!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170616_171903.jpg Finn is patiently awaiting his turn to get in the pool. They wear flotation jackets so they don't have to fight sinking in the water, they effortlessly float so they find it really easy to swim and enjoy the water. Bob and I have them swim laps because its the only nonweightbearing exercise they can do, considering their terribly arthritic and painful legs/knees. They love the pool. Finn wakes me up in the mornings asking for his swim, he's my sweet sweet boy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am delighted to hear you guys liked the Trike Tandem and it was comfortable. Yes, you and Greg are trend setters; soon they will be popping up everywhere. It looks like all of your friends wanted to test your new bikes out as well. Stupid cough, indeed. I can’t believe yours is still hanging in there. Darn that got a rash. Your pictures are fabulous. The picture of Fred is priceless. That made me laugh but of course I enjoyed the sunset colors as well.

PierreBear, I am glad your hand is feeling better. The reason I wanted to train that lady is I don’t want her picking up bad habits or incomplete information from my current employees. I planned on doing of her training; now that she’s spent 2 days with them I may as well let them work with it. We work in an editing department for a big company.

Kristie, 122 is totally miserable. Ugh. Fort Collins never gets that hot - just saying. Love the picture of Maggie swimming and Finn photobombing her in the background. That is really awesome. I am so glad swimming works out well for them and great idea on the floatation jackets. I still haven’t gone through the dried out rough yet but it’s on my mind.

I planned on sleeping in today but an employee sent me a text at 7 am saying they were staying home sick. I’m like - really? Of course once I wake up I can’t go back to sleep. Right before I went to bed last night I pulled something in my upper thigh and that sucker is sore, sore, sore. It doesn’t hurt much setting here, I could feel it sleeping, standing I am aware of it but walking gets my attention. I decided I’d use Marty’s philosophy of “walk it off” so I went and paid his rent for his gym, picked up some cinnamon bread then wandered the grocery store. I was no better or worse from the outing. It doesn’t bother me to drive. I’ve been putting gel packs on it off and on today. Grr!!!

As for not being at work I still had to get with someone at corporate about something and finish that report up to send out. My boss’s boss is changing one of our long standing SOP and I don’t know when; it will mean more overtime during off hours. I’ll see what that is about tomorrow. Then I got an email from HR wanting to talk to me so I had her call me at home. The employee who got a bad performance appraisal for last year went down and complained she doesn’t know what is expected of her, she still doesn’t know if she is going to be put on a performance plan for her appraisal, she complained she didn’t agree with my assessment and felt it was unfair. She said she doesn’t even know what she did wrong or what she should work on. The HR lady said “I read her PA - you were very clear about mistakes and what you wanted her to do”. That was good to hear. So anyway I’ll have that mess to deal with tomorrow.

Marty sent me a text once today - I told him we must be psycho since I was just going to text him. He realized he is going to get home very late on our anniversary and wants me to make reservations somewhere for Friday. He did ask “how many years is it?” Putz. It’s 26 years Thursday. I told him about my leg; I was rather surprised I didn’t get any response or suggestion about that. He is crazy busy at work though.

I got out a pack of little top sirloins and put BBQ sauce on them. They’s been cooking in the crock pot all day. It’s starting to smell great. I put a baked potato in there too. I’ll make my plate of raw veggies up here soon since I am getting hungry.

I haven’t seen any of my bling all day! Oh no!

Have a great evening.
Marcy

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops almost forgot. Here is our ice cream at Days from Monday with Butch. His first time there and he loved it. Who wouldn't?:lickout:

icecreamwithbutchatdays.JPG

with all this ice cream I am going to have to cycle more miles.:lol: I don't mind.:halo:

:wavey:

just a little jealous you had Days!!! A must go to soon after we arrive in OG

The east coasters might appreciate this: over the winter, my daughter got a job in a...Rita's Italian Ice. That's right, Rita's in CA. Get this: it's in a gas station, along side the convenience store.

I think K was a shoe in for the job when the owner asked her if she had ever had Italian ice. K said, "oh, yes, I'm from NJ and we go back every summer. We always go to Rita's!"

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KaeKae, your daughter definitely answered that question right. :D

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, come on over here! 22C is a lot colder than 122F :) Not sure I'm sane any more. The ice white marble tiles are suddenly dark grey from the grout..... someone is going to get hurt today if it is not resolved soon....

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love all your pictures! Especially of the new bike + ice cream. And of course the kitties! Animals and ice cream = dream on earth :)
Marcy, sorry to read that Marty will be home late on Thursday. Hope he makes up for it - and for his bad memory - by buying you something nice :razz:
June, stupid computer!
Jaaron, I'm so sorry! How are you?? Thinking of you!
Jimmianne, can't wait to have you back!

All of you - I'm reading along. Just too much construction chaos for me these last few days. How oh how (???) do you manage to make the white marble grey from the grout??? And how (HOW??????) do you not see that after the first room??? Now we have 3 of them. Washing room, bathroom and extra room. SO SO MAD. I think they kind of understood that last night. My temper might have been running a bit high... Sorry for the rant. Moving on. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, Happy Anniversary!!! 26 years is AWESOME!!! LOL you and Marty are psycho. Sounds like a line I have used with Greg. But now I say MT. That we have mental telepathy when I am thinking of him and he calls or vice versa. We are mental.:lol:

Boo to work calling you so darn early when you were taking the day off. Grrrr. And glad HR agreed with you. Your employees are super challenging aren't they.

I am sorry you pulled a muscle in your upper thigh and I hope it is feeling better today. Maybe gentle slow stretching might help? Sending healing vibes your way and I hope it is all better today.

And hope your bling is happy to see you again Marcy after not visiting it yesterday. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.:cheeky:

PierreBear so glad your hand is healing and you are feeling better.

Kristie I love the Finn and Maggie photos and hahaha to Finn photobombing his sister. LOL. They are both so photogenic! That water looks so inviting...the NIRDI babes will be right over to join you! I wish!:!: I hope it cools off very soon by you because no one should have to tolerate that kind of heat. Speaking of which guess what? Our weather is once again turning hot (for us) here this weekend and next week. Grrrrr. I think that is the third time I used Grrrr in this post this AM but I am not happy about the high temps. As you know I took off (haha yes again lol) the July 4th week and now it is too hot to enjoy properly. I want to spend all day every day triking!!! And yes TRIKING invite to all you lovely ladies.8-) We can all trike together.:appl:

just a little jealous you had Days!!! A must go to soon after we arrive in OG

The east coasters might appreciate this: over the winter, my daughter got a job in a...Rita's Italian Ice. That's right, Rita's in CA. Get this: it's in a gas station, along side the convenience store.

I think K was a shoe in for the job when the owner asked her if she had ever had Italian ice. K said, "oh, yes, I'm from NJ and we go back every summer. We always go to Rita's!"

KaeKae, yes, I agree. Days is a must go for sure. The owner is so nice too. He gave us free ice cream the first day we went back this summer because we hadn't been there all year. He's a doll. And Yay to your DD for landing the job this past winter.
I hope there is some time this summer when you come so we can meet...at Day's perhaps?:halo:

Scandi that sucks. Grrrrr construction and renovations are NO fun at all because inevitably things go awry no matter how wonderful your contractors and workers are. Mistakes happen and usually it is a real PITA. What I do is what you do. I vent and just get it out of my system and it helps. But what helps most of all is that I know it will all turn out beautifully and this aggravation is temporary. Unfortunate but temporary. I am so sorry you are going through this and sending lots of smooth house construction vibes your way for everything to get fixed just the way you want it. (((HUGS))).

How is sweet F doing? Is her next surgery scheduled soon? Thinking good thoughts.

Jaaron I hope you are
recovering well from your surgery.

Junie hope your week is going well and that you are off to your beach house very soon.

The
print size just went kablooey on me again and I don't know how to fix it. Grrrr (for the last time in this post I am using the Grrrr):knockout::roll:. OK it is out of my system now. Sorry about the print size. I don't know how to fix it. What happens is I am typing and it suddenly changes size and the only way I can make it uniform size is to choose a text size that doesn't match the original. It is either smaller or larger so I choose larger for easy reading. But I would prefer to get it to the exact original size it was before it got messed up...

It's a work day for me today and I hope you all have a good Wednesday girls!:wavey: (((HUGS))) all around.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies!

Well, the MOHS surgery turned out to be more invasive than expected, and DH rang when it was over feeling very wobbly. I organised a car to collect him as there was no way he could get home on his own. I didn't go with him as we had no idea how long he'd be there, and we wouldn't leave Dottie on her own all day. I felt really bad when he got home as he was in pain and feeling rotten. He had a Px that needed filling so I got that and some pain killers for him. He went to bed for a while when he got home, then I got him up for some dinner as he'd not eaten all day. Just before bed, his nose started bleeding profusely, so I cleaned it up and redressed it. Fortunately the bleeding stopped and he had a relatively good night. He's still feeling zonked today :(

Oh my goodness @azstonie, I'd positively shrivel up in that heat, we have friends in Phoenix and they decamp to Lake Tahoe for 6 weeks every summer. 'Try' and keep cool. Glad the pooches enjoy the pool. We are now officially the same age, 58 years young :lol:

Hope you have an easy work day @missy, are you still thinking of giving it up? Love the photos, that's one killer kitty you have there:D

Poo to the tiles @Scandi, that is a problem with marble, it's quite porous, they should've warned you about that :mad:

Belated anniversary @marcy, hope your cruddy throat isn't too distressing

Well done to your daughter @KaeKae, i hope they're paying her in cash not ice cream :D

Hope your hand is improving @PierreBear

Hi @junebug17, here are a few photos taken with my iPad, I'll try at the W/e with the camera.
IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, love the pics of your bike ride. So glad you and Greg are enjoying the trike. Great pics of you and your friends. Love those sweet kitties too. I want a gray and white kitten with a pink nose :love:. Sorry about the rash and I hope it clears up quickly. Good call to buy pants and I hope they work out for you. Very glad the ride with Butch worked out, that's great. Aw, such a cute pic of Fred!

Scandi, so sorry about the floor! I'm sure they can remove the grout somehow, but how frustrating that they either didn't notice or didn't care. Hang in there, it will be resolved. Pretty pic of you and your furbaby!

Pierrebear, sorry your hand is so painful right now and I hope it gets better soon.

Marcy, your flowers are gorgeous! Hope you were able to get some sleep and you're feeling better soon. So sorry you were bugged by work while you were home sick. Sheesh, the thing about your employee couldn't wait a day? Sounds like HR realizes this employee is off-base with her complaints. Happy Anniversary! My dh loses track of the years too lol. Going out on the weekend for an anniversary dinner sounds lovely. Sorry about the pulled muscle and I hope it heals up soon, I know it's really annoying.

Kristie, your pooches are absolutely adorable!!! They are so photogenic, they could be doggie models, seriously. I hope it cools down at least a little for you soon. I hear ya on trying to find other coping mechanisms...I've been stress-eating myself into a bigger size :cry:

Kae-Kae, how funny Rita's has made its way to CA! I'm a Jersey girl myself and very familiar with Rita's (too familiar lol!)

Austina, so sorry your dh's procedure turned out to be more invasive than expected and he's having a harder time than planned, I do hope he's feeling better soon.

And oh my goodness, your ring is just so gorgeous!!! :love::love::love: I adore it, it looks fabulous on you - you must be having the best time wearing it! :dance:

Thanks to all for the sympathy for my poor little computer...I dunno, the guy at the Apple Store seemed to think my info couldn't be retrieved...but it's ok, I had most of my pics and my bookmarks on my iPad so I really didn't lose anything important.

We're gearing up for a road trip to South Carolina - leaving on Sunday and taking the cat with us, should be interesting to say the least. We'll be staying for 2 weeks and the kids are joining us for the second one.

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

KaeKae, yes, I agree. Days is a must go for sure. The owner is so nice too. He gave us free ice cream the first day we went back this summer because we hadn't been there all year. He's a doll. And Yay to your DD for landing the job this past winter.
I hope there is some time this summer when you come so we can meet...at Day's perhaps?:halo:

My in-laws get their free cone every year. I agree the owners of Days and Starving Artist are great.

It looks like my in-laws, who are selling their house in OG, are going to stay in town, after all. (downsizing) so I'll be there, but probably late summer this time. Let's definitely meet up at Days when I get there!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, WHOO HOO love your new ring :love::love::love:and I love that the Customs officials went easy on you because you did the right thing. Was this your BIRTHDAY pressie?? Is it your design/custom or did you find it all made up and ready to be loved? LOl to 58. The only things worse than being 58 would be toes up or OMG OMG OMG *60*!!!! I remember turning 50 and thinking how much worse could it get? *60*, that's what!!! :dance::lol:

Junie, I don't even have the excuse of Day's Ice Cream, no, just Hagen Daz. I did find that Halo ice cream in quite a few flavors at the grocery store. Its too sweet! Why did they do it that way? They got the rest of it pretty good, the texture for one thing; the protein, the fiber. Just too sweet for me. Give sweet Zoe ear scratches from her Aunt Kristie. Bob was watering the citrus trees in our side yard and FOUND A CAT in one of the tree basins, just having a quiet snooze!!! We wondered why the Westies had been sniffing every inch of the yard the past couple of months, now we know why. Bob said the cat looked to be in good shape, like it has a home.

KaeKae, you will never have to be concerned about your daughter's ability to think on her feet, great answer in that job interview! And what a great job too, for the family perks :dance::lol:

Springer, I'm going to check to see if you have a thread for Yogi yet over in Hangout. If you don't, I might just start one and beg you for pics and puppy stories, you've been warned!!!! Of course you should add a fur baby to your family when you are ready, no one would think anything negative about that or you. :angel:

Scandi, the word "grout" is considered an obscenity here in Arizona because grout is the bane of people's existence. My parents got 22-inch tile in their house and they were lucky I was at the house the day the tile guys came because I made sure they got the thinnest possible grout in a neutral-but-not-light color. Our neighbor put in all new tile floors, beautiful tile but she picked WHITE grout and I know heartache is on the way with that. Why didn't those guys clean the watery grout stuff as they went? You don't leave that residue in place. I feel you on the the 3 rooms, they had to have seen it. My friend's husband is a contractor in Alaska and he builds big buildings like hospitals, banks, clinics, etc. He had a building where the client also used a prestigious interior designer who had all the rugs custom made. 1 year into the building some repair people came to work on the heating system and they dragged lubricating oil through 3 floors of the building and ruined all that custom made carpet. How did they not see this after the first floor is a mystery to me. Stay on those guys and make them get it right. How is darling F?? Is she feeling well and 100% now????

Marcy, darned thigh muscle! Hot and cold packs? One of those roller thingies to break up the lactic acid? Shoot!

Next week, I go to the TSA office to be 'interviewed' for the Traveler's Precheck authorization. $85, good for 5 years, no unloading laptop, liquids, taking off shoes or getting touched in personal places by grubby creepy Homeland Security people at the airport, AND YOU GET THE EXPEDITED SECURITY LINE! I'm hoping that I will get to use this precheck deal for more than my trip this fall. I have to get out of town way more than I have been (almost never) due to getting in-home care for the Westies. DH has agreed that I'm cleared to take some 4-day weekends to visit friends in far-off locations while he is home with the dogs. We plan to go to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, in the fall to scout retirement locations/lots to buy. We also have a trip in the planning stages for Washington, same reason.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results