shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy first day of Summer!!!8-)

summergiphy.gif

CJ We missed you too! I'm so sorry you had a car accident- so scary! Thankful you are OK though sorry you are dealing with such a hassle right now. Glad you enjoyed your vacation and I hope you can easily straighten out what happened with the car rental company and ugh to the camera being stolen. Hoping it is found with all your trip photos intact. Do you have photos backed up in your cloud by any chance? Sending you big (((hugs))).

Junie so happy you enjoyed a relaxing Father's Day with the family. Sounds perfect!

Marcy beautiful rainbow photos. Love tacos for dinner and more importantly easy meal prep. When one is hungry one doesn't want to cook a meal that takes a long time. Speaking of food-yay for free lunch day today! Thanks for explaining the grilled cheese with egg. I have to ask Greg if he ever heard of this. Is it a regional thing perhaps? Or maybe I live under a rock lol because there are many things I am clueless about and my dh is like- where did I come from?:lol: And I just thought of a good answer next time he asks me. Straight from your dreams...:kiss::lol-2:

Austina hope you arrived safely back home and are now sleeping soundly.

Scandi, I cannot tell. I need them side by side but if I have to choose right now I choose the brighter/lighter stain whichever one that is. Keep it bright and light and airy. So I choose the lightest stain that allows the wood grain to come through. Though I bet you cannot go wrong with either.

Again I am sorry about the WC mishap. Ugh ugh ugh. My advice is choose the spot you want and don't settle. I know you have to redo the whole floor but if the new mistaken spot the plumber chose is not as good as the original place for the WC I would make them redo the whole floor. However if it is just as good a location and you just need to find a new size WC (if that is possible) then that is a good solution. But only if it is as good a location. Sending you (((hugs))) and good luck vibes! I know you are tired of this long ever dragged out project but once it is done you will be so pleased and happy!

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
P

PierreBear

Now I really Did It sounds like a perfect acronym. I’ll consider it a blessing so far this year that thinking back, I don’t really have much of a story to share. Or perhaps my memory just blocks out bad things very easily. : ) I did over-do it again on the sweets yesterday, knowing that this weekend we are going to a friend’s lake house and people will be seeing me in my swim suit for the first time. Ooppsss but I think they will be more distracted by my tan lines. I guess Missy might be able to relate with the biking tan lines? I’m wearing a two piece swim suit but it still looks like I’m wearing white shorts? I tan very quickly and turn into Pocahontas every summer. The worst is when I’m putting in laps in the pool and get a tan line from my swim cap. Hahaha… awful!

CJ2008 – Oh gosh so sorry to hear about your car accident! What a tragedy but hopefully things will feel like normal now. Do you still feel comfortable driving around? I know when I wrecked my first car (due to lack of experience but hey, I’ll blame it on my teenage years), I now am a very timid driver. When given the opportunity, I prefer to be driven instead of having a passenger in the car. Taking and driving is quite a distraction.

Scandinavian – Ahhh I would be upset too with the plumbing mistake. Hope you feel at peace that it can be amended. Just keep in mind those house flipping shows (I really like Chip and Joanne)… if they can take an old home and turn it into a complete beauty, fixing up this issue will be no problem! Good luck with painting/staining the walls and can’t wait to see the final product. Love the new bling/flower pictures!

Junebug17 – Way to go on a successful Father’s Day! Sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

Marcy – Free lunch and a double rainbow? Wow awesome!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi honies, we're home :lol:

Good grief, it feels hotter than Austin!

We had a fairly uneventful flight, apart from a very inconsiderate passenger, who persisted in coughing up her lungs throughout the night. Sorry for the lack of empathy, but she didn't get a drink or try not to disturb everyone else, so 2 hrs sleep was the most we managed.

Got through passport control (self scan) in moments, luggage arrived fairly quickly, then we went to customs to pay the duty on my ring. Not a soul about, if we were dishonest, we could've just walked through 'nothing to declare' but we rang and 2 officers came. I think because we were honest, they were very fair, rounding down the conversion from $ to £ and giving us a very generous rate of exchange.

We got home at 11am, showered changed, unpacked and headed off to do our food shopping before collecting Dottie. She was pleased to see us in her usual restrained manner, and has been trying to find a cool place to lay.

DH has already nodded off several times, but I'm battling to keep awake till at least 9pm, so I can get a few hours sleep tonight.

Sorry for the me, me, me post, will have a proper catch up tomorrow :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry girls, time to make dinner. No time for a propper post, have been trying out more stains. Waiting for them to dry is boring.... Will take pictures when they are dry tomorrow morning.
Just wanted to say thank you (!) for not getting super sick of my construction works. You are always so sweet about it! Hugs!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back, Austina! Glad you are settling back in.

Scandi--how can we get tired of your posts when you also reward us with pictures like your avatar?

Marcy--you captured that double rainbow perfectly.

Back from Philly and back to work tomorrow. DH and dogs apparently missed me (we got a new springer). The weekend is coming soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Solstice!

Scandi, I can’t tell on the stains. OMG what gorgeous ring pictures.

Missy, I guess my egg and cheese sandwich is like a toasted egg and cheese sandwich but I grill it instead. Yes, it’s usually to do everything in one place. Yes, I like easy prep meals. I love your answer for Greg; I hope you get to use it soon. I’ll try to remember that if Marty ever asks me that question. I’ll give you credit for it though; he knows I’m not that quick on my feet.

PierreBear, blocking out unpleasant things isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Have fun at your friend’s lake house. Fun! I like to drive around town but not a fan of driving in big cities. Too much traffic. I know a free lunch and a double rainbow; life is good.

Austina, I saw there was a heat wave over there. Stay cool. How is your pretty new ring doing? That is great you got a deal on paying taxes on your ring. I hope you and your DH have a nice, restful night. Sweet Dreams!

SpringerSpaniel, I hope you had a nice time on your trip. Darn that you have to go back to work. Woo hoo to a new fur baby. How could they not miss you?

Not much exciting going on in M&MLand tonight. Marty is at the gym. I bought a kids meal for supper and thawed out a few cookies for dessert. Marty leaves for LA this weekend again. A friend of his from work is coming up Friday night then going back to Denver on Saturday. We are all going out to dinner Friday night. Marty said I could bring someone if I wanted to; I wanted to respond to that text and say “I thought I was your date” but he probably wouldn’t think I was funny. I amuse myself though so that is all that matters.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

20170622_080134.jpg

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
…here are the two contestants! Had to post the picture from my phone, so please forgive the double posting.

The very white turned out very paint like. And that is a no-no because this is timber and will shrink somewhat over the first years. So any paint will turn out not nice and with streaks and gaps between the logs. So stain it is.

As you can see here, there are three different stains. One on the bottom left that I feel is way way to wood like. One on the top that I kind of like. It is a very pretty colour in real life, and it is a true stain, so we can keep staining it over the years if the timber should turn a bit more yellow, as it always does with age.
Then on the bottom right you have the whitest of the stains that could be used. I like this colour. But I’m a bit concerned that it has some blue in it, instead of a yellow undertone I mean. Which would probably not be so good with the yellow window trimmings. You can see the yellow, I have included a cut-off for you :)

So now I don’t know, LOL. Ranting over.

Marcy, thank you for liking my ring pictures. I could never take a picture like you have of yours for your avatar though…. That is just spectacular! Have you ever been to Disneyland by the way? In LA I mean? We are going there soon, and I have not been there before, so kind of excited, lol. Your response to Marty would have been fabulous! Perhaps one of the bears?? Perhaps his friend is single and this is his way of trying to make you set him up with a friend of yours? Very happy that you liked my cheese story :) It’s all your fault for reminding me of grilled cheese in the first place, lol. I actually had to make one last night.

Springerspaniel
– new spaniel? Please spill and a picture too perhaps…. ? Thank you for liking my ring/avatar :) I like it too. My DH bought it for me for your 10 year anniversary.

Austina, welcome home! Please send some of the heat this way…!!

Pierrebear, well if you have tanning lines, you are lucky! I have to fight for those…! I’m very Scandinavian blonde and pigments are kind of missing from my skin, lol. But self-tan will serve me fine before the holiday. That is what I do. Go on holiday nicely tanned and get home kind of pale when the tanning wears off… LOL. Thank you for liking my bling flower :) I really do like that ring!

June, you are too sweet! I like my furbaby too.. :) I think I like the white against the yellow too. I have tried to get a better picture for comparison for you girls! Sounds like a nice Father’s Day!

CJ :wavey:How is it possibel to have such bad luck?? I feel for you!

Awwwww thank you Missy! LOVE the sun haze picture! I have tried to make a comparison on the same wall, see what you think. I totally want the lightest stain possible too. Not sure I’m finished experimenting. Might try one more before I give up… I’m thinking that the top one might look good with another coat of stain. But that would make it three coats total, and DH is already telling me that we can’t hire anyone to do more than two coats, because of both time and money… Oh we shall see… The spot for the wc is the same spot. They just missed by 15 cm. So we need to find a wc that has the drain (?) super close to the wall, instead of kind of under the middle of the seat or something. Think I might have found one, as you can see, this one goes really close to the wall:

Hommage.Png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I am being very naughty today...:naughty::oops2: Cannot say how though in print.

Marcy haha yes I would have said that to Marty and at least we can easily amuse ourselves. :lol-2: No need to give me credit for that other line as I don't think it is completely original. I am looking forward to using it on him. Now I just have to figure out how to get him to say where do you come from...:lol:
I'm sorry Marty is going away again so soon but glad you can enjoy some time with him and his friend this weekend before he goes. I wish I could be your date Friday night.:mrgreen:

Scandi, it's a tough decision because of course the computer screen might show it differently than real life. I choose the brightest one which looks like it could be the bottom right but then again I love blue so I wouldn't mind a blue undertone but that is cool vs the warm yellow undertone you want...Just adding that I think blue and yellow look smashing together. Though I don't think one is supposed to mix warm and yellow but yanno I don't know if I agree with that completely. I occasionally mix warm and cool and I rather like how it looks. However I am speaking about bling now. LOL I have BLING on the brain all the time.:razz: In any case woohoo for figuring out the WC problem and so happy it isn't a problem anymore. :appl:

Hi Pierrebear, no tan lines here. I cover myself with spf 60 and with sun protective clothing as much as I can when cycling. Though when it is warm (as it has been) I wear cycling shorts and can only do the best I can with the sunblock which doesn't block out all the UV completely. But still, fortunately no tan lines. I don't care for those on me. I am so pale and white and I like it that way. LOL. I think that has gone a long way in letting me stay relatively wrinkle free all over so no complaints in that department. My derm says I look at least 15 years younger than my chronological age and I don't mind it as I never plan on doing any cosmetic procedures. I am too much of a scaredy cat and have too many skin issues to even consider anything even as relatively "simple" as botox. No thanks not for me. But I digress. As usual.:cheeky:

Welcome back home Austina. Sorry it is so hot but yay for being home safely with your sweet baby. Yay for getting a bit of a break on your taxes with the new bling. I remember when we came home from Italy we got slammed with all the taxes (not sure that is the correct term or is it import duty?) when we declared all the bling we had bought there. My dh is painfully honest and well truth be told I prefer it that way too and we bought a lot of bling for me. So we paid the price more than once lol. I guess even though I dropped out of the brownies/girl scouts when I was young I am still a girl scout at heart when it comes to being honest and truthful.
When is your next trip to the states?

Hello Springerspaniel, ooh knew puppy. Please share photos and details.:appl:

Hi Rainwood Hope work has calmed down and life is good these days.

Hi there Junie hope your week is going well!

Hey Sharon how are you? Hope all is calm and happy by you.

CJ
hope you are settling in to being at home and taking care of all that annoying stuff that you need to take care of and I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Sunstorm not sure if you are reading but hello there! See you on IG.

Hey Callie! Hug your sweet grandniece from me please. And your sweet furbaby too.

Hi there Kristie hope you are staying cool. Fingers crossed for your AC to keep chugging along smoothly.

LLJsmom, good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted please. Very excited for you.

My apologies for anyone I missed. Know I am keeping good thoughts for everyone mentioned here or not and sending (((HUGS))) your way.

Our tandem trike is in! We have to schedule a fitting and then arrange for the owner of the speciality bike shop to drive it all the way to us on the roof of his vehicle. Sounds scary to me and I hope it all works out smoothly. Fingers crossed.
Have a good Thursday girls!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, omg, omg.
I hope you all don't mind my sharing here, I need to tell some one who will understand.
10 minutes ago, while cleaning out the laundry room, I went thru a bag of stuff, to throw away.
In that bag, I found the jewelry I've been looking for over a year!
It may be closer to two years.
Not just any jewelry, but very sentiment things, including my 10th Anniversary bracelet and my diamond necklace made with my mom's ering stone.
Oh, my heart is racing. And, I have to stop hiding my jewelry. As soon as we move, I am buying a safe.

20170622_103059.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful jewels!!! I am so glad they are found!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Get to Costco and buy a safe!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news Kae Kae! Wow, I am especially happy you found your mom's diamond and anniversary bracelet, what sentimental and important pieces! I can honestly say I know how you feel - I lost the diamond ring my husband bought me for our 10th anniversary - I couldn't find it for years. One day I was going through my daughter's toys from when she was a child and I found it in a little plastic box - it's like Christmas and your birthday all rolled into one - I'm really happy for you!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie, Costco is exactly what I plan to do! And, thank you for the compliment. It's not a great picture, but I was so elated I had to take a quick shot to share.

junbug17, exactly! I still cannot believe it's been in that bag all along. Mom's stone is now around my neck and that's where I plan to put it every day until I get to the bank/get that safe. (I don't sleep in jewelry, otherwise, it would stay there) Because we would just have to move the safe, I'm going to wait until we move for that, but in the meantime, this teacher is going to deck her self whenever she wants during summer break. I've missed these pieces so much, especially the necklace and the bracelets.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I like the lower right white the best but I agree it does have a hint of blue in it. And to be fair I think blue and yellow look great today. Thank you for the kind words about my avatar picture. I don’t have any single girl friends to try and fix that guy up with, darn. I hope your enjoyed your grilled cheese. I’ve been to Disney World but not Disneyland. I am sure you and your family will have a fabulous time. That’s great you found a toilet that might work.

Missy, I hope you get to use that great line soon. It is perfect. Come on over and go to dinner with us. We are going to our favorite place about 45 miles from here. I keep covered up in sunshine too. Although I am trying to get some sun this summer to lighten my hair. Yay for looking way younger than your actual age. Keep them guessing. IMO there is nothing wrong with being honest and truthful; I find that to be a good trait in people. I bet you and Greg are anxious to try out and get your new bike.

KaeKae, I am glad you found your beautiful treasures.

Kristie, how hot did it get today?

Junebug, that is amazing you found your 10th anniversary ring in your DD’s toys. Glad to know it was safely store in a box.

Marty is at a concert in Denver tonight. He’ll get home very late.

I stopped and had a medium pizza for supper and brought home the rest of it for lunches. Tomorrow is finally Friday. Woo hoo!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow. :wavey:
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, omg, omg.
I hope you all don't mind my sharing here, I need to tell some one who will understand.
10 minutes ago, while cleaning out the laundry room, I went thru a bag of stuff, to throw away.
In that bag, I found the jewelry I've been looking for over a year!
It may be closer to two years.
Not just any jewelry, but very sentiment things, including my 10th Anniversary bracelet and my diamond necklace made with my mom's ering stone.
Oh, my heart is racing. And, I have to stop hiding my jewelry. As soon as we move, I am buying a safe.

20170622_103059.jpg

Woohoo!!! That is wonderful news KaeKae!!!!! So happy and thrilled for you!! What a relief! Yes get a safe and bolt it down to the floor and/or wall. I don't know much about the Costco safes so I would make sure to read all the reviews but Costco usually rocks so it's probably a good deal. Peace of mind and ease of being able to wear your bling whenever you want.:appl:

Hi Marcy, Today is Friday and woohoo is right. Glad you enjoyed pizza yesterday and have some for leftover lunches. Sweet. The sun sure can lighten one's hair. Even my dark hair turns lighter and reddish in the sun. I spent years trying to fight it and now I just have given up. Let the sun do what it may to my hair. I just don't like what it does to my skin but I won't bore you with another oh no tale today. Suffice it to say I have another sun reaction from yesterday but I am not letting it affect me or my cycling! Take that you sunny sun.:lol:8-) Good luck with the sun lightening for your hair. Remember the product Sun In? :cheeky:
Enjoy dinner at your favorite restaurant tonight with Marty and his friend. Wish I could join you guys. Have fun.

Junie yay for finding your 10th anniversary ring! I have some bling I have "lost" and I would love to find it. Especially a piece I bought for a lovely NIRDIs child that has plum disappeared....I cannot count on finding it in time so now I must start my bling search all over again. ::) I am not the most organized individual. Of course I blame Greg because I thought I gave it to him for "safe" keeping which begs the question why didn't I just use the "safe" LOL.:confused:

We had a few visitors here at the beach last night. OMG so adorable. Tux (1 or 2 I am not sure) came right up to the living room glass french doors and had a staring contest with our Tommy cat. So adorable and precious. She/He wasn't afraid either as I went near the door and sat down and was whispering sweet nothings to Tux while she/he just looked at me. I just love these kitties. We also saw one of my favorite outdoor/indoor kitties yesterday in Rumson and of course I had to play with her for a bit. I will share pics later.

Have a lovely Friday all and (((HUGS))).:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK some photos as promised.

Tommy greeting our visitor Tux last night.

tommyandtux.JPG

tuxlivingroomdoor.JPG

Just an hour before that Tux was rolling around in our front yard happy as a clam. That really makes us so happy too seeing the ferals enjoying themselves and being at peace even if for a short while.

tuxplayingfrontyard.jpg

Earlier in the day we saw Beyonce but I call her Tinkerbell. She is a Rumson kitty who we met last year during our bike rides. She is an outdoor indoor kitty and she is super friendly. A neighbor on her block told us he wasn't sure if Beyonce's owners take good care of her but she wears her collar and name tag and I am not sure that I can do anything as she is not mine. But I want to save her from neglect...not sure she is being neglected but we always see her outside and she has a stump of a tail from an accident and she has a tumor lump on her head that I would like to take her to a veterinarian to get evaluated. But again she is not mine and I feel her owners would not look kindly upon that. I am hoping one day Greg and I will be playing with Beyonce and her owner(s) will come out and I can have a friendly conversation with them. I know. Dream on dreamer right. :roll::pray:::)

Anyway before I looked at her collar I started calling her Tinkerbell. And one day we saw that other neighbor and Greg asked him is this Tinkerbell (as he thought that was her name and forgot I made it up LOL) and that neighbor said yes it's Tinkerbell. :lol: That made me want to see what her name really is and it's Beyonce. However I think she looks more like a Tinkerbell so I call her that still. :lol: Without further ado may I present Tinkerbell to the NIRDIs. Isn't she the sweetest sweetie?:love:

beyonce.JPG

beyonceakatinkerbell.JPG

beyonceistinkerbell.JPG

and lastly can you see her blingy heart collar?

tinkerbellheartcollar.JPG

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
Just wanted to check in. I have been in a 6 hour meeting. In English. With English people. LOL. Not that bad for you, probably, but please remember that English is not my first language... Just how do you do it???? Talking English all day every day??? A girl has to focus to do that...!! :lol-2::lol-2: And they wanted me to have a content to the conversation also! Totally not fair! And scribble away in English on the board at the same time. Felt like at least four jobs at once :lol:
Missy, please be warned. My English is... English. Not American. Sorry. My American accent is horrible. :lol::lol::lol: Please blame it on my education and my lecturer from Oxford. Maybe the first part of my holiday will ease off the English accent a bit. Let's hope so... :oops::lol:
I'll try to make a proper post later if I can find some food first.
Hugs.

P

PierreBear

Happy Friday ladies! I’m looking forward to the weekend. We are going to a friend’s lake house for part of the day and then in the evening, DH and I are going to do a trail race. Well it’s a “race” as in an organized event but DH is sticking by my side the whole time and going at my snail pace, especially as it starts at 7:30 at night. What you have to do if you want to run longer distances in the summer time in Texas. I hope I don’t trip and end up with bruises on my face. Should be a memory, regardless. Hope everyone has a restful and fun weekend!

KaeKae – Whew, what a blessing! Glad those sentimental pieces weren’t tossed away. Enjoy wearing those beautiful items!

Marcy – I’m assuming Marty is your husband? (sorry still trying to play catch up) Do ya’ll have different music tastes so that’s why you didn’t join in? I wish I loved concerts and music venues but large crowds bug me more than it does excite me.

Missy – Ahh I’m would love it if some neighborhood/feral cats came to visit. Some of my friends complain of feral cats in their part of town but I’m desperately out looking for them! I would put food outside hoping to get some new cat friends but they never came. Once I did have a mean looking cat that would occasionally nibble on the food but that didn’t last long. Compared to my tame, pillow/bed loving cat, the cat looked like he was tough as nails. We nicknamed him Jean Claude after Jean-Claude Van Damme. Haha! Tell me your secrets on making some cat friends!

Scandinavian – Wow, 6 hour meeting is long and is a test of endurance whether it’s in your mother tongue or not. Way to get through it!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again. Sugar helps :)
KaeKae, so happy you found them! And OMG your avatar!
June, of that must have been awful, I can only imagine.
Missy, Tux is almost as gorgeous as Cola! I think Tinkerbelle (such a good name by the way) looks OK? Not skinny or anything? Perhaps just call her owners of their number are on her collar? Say she is here, and we wondered if she had a home, and then the neighbour told us that she is yours, so just calling to check because she is so gorgeous?
Marcy - HOW are you able to save some of a pizza???? I could never have done that, lol.
Kristie, I think of Maggie every day! Please send her all my love.
Pierrebear, you are looking forward to a trail race. Thank you for making me feel like the laziest person on earth. :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:
Out of sugar. Will spend the weekend staining wood :knockout::lol::knockout::lol: If I can decide on the colours.... :wall: :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies!

Woohoo @missy so glad the new tandem will soon be with you, I can see that's going to be fun and hopefully put an end to your discomfort. Are you all better yet, has the virus packed its bags and gone? Love the kitty photos, but feel sad Beyoncé/Tinkerbell's owners have not had the lump treated :( Not sure if I've mentioned, but some of the FB groups I belong to, regularly help Spinoni abroad. Last year 27 removed from a hunter who'd severely neglected them, and recently a sweet girl who'd been bred from numerous times, and had untreated mammary tumours. Sadly, she didn't make it, but her 2 pups, that were Spin/Bracco, have found lovely homes.

Tristan and Rodrigo
IMG_1766.JPG

@Scandinavian :love: your avatar bling, totally gorgeous. Glad to hear the renovations are moving along well, please keep the photos coming (not that I'm nosy! :mrgreen:)

Where in Texas are you @PierreBear? We have visited several places on out travels. FW, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christ, Amarillo, Dallas, and of course, Austin, where our son lives. We have friends who live in Aledo too.

The plants are looking great @marcy, regular feeding really does pay dividends. My planting is going to have to wait, as we're away again soon, so hopefully I'll still be able to get some bedding plants when we get back. We don't usually go away this time of year for precisely that reason.

Thank goodness it's cooled down to the 70's here, we had a sleepless night on Wednesday as it was so ridiculously hot. Dottie paced most of the night, unable to get cool. I put a fan on her to cool her down, and yesterday we took her to the lake for a paddle:D

Hi @junebug17, @CJ2008 and @springerspaniel :wavey:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Quick pop in - I've been recovering from surgery and am just now getting back to normal speed.

Austina - It was ridiculously, ridiculously awful. You definitely timed things right getting back when you did. I have a doggie paddling pool set up outside, which means wet dogs dashing in and out of the house 24/7, but the poor things have been so miserable, I haven't had the heart to empty it. We have a/c in the bedrooms only, so they've been camped in there at night. Glad it's back to normal. And now (things I never thought I'd say) we really need some rain...

Looking forward to seeing what everyone's been up to.

x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you're recovering well @jaaron

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, woo hoo indeed! I know you said you bore us with another sun story but I hate to hear you had a reaction to the Sun again. Get better. OMG the Tux coming up to the door is so cute and of course Tommy checking Tux out. I love those pictures. Tinkerbell is a cutie.

Scandi, your gorgeous diamond in that brilliant red rose is perfection. So pretty. I bet that wore you out thinking, talking and writing and English. It comes natural to me. Ha Ha! What you said made me wonder what all of your voices sound like. Have fun staining this weekend.

PierreBear, good luck and have fun with your race! My nieces and nephew in-law are in the Houston area and do marathons and races all the time. I know they start very, very early in the day. Marty is my husband or the poor guy that puts up with my crap. He absolutely loves music; I am ho hum indifferent. I like a few songs / groups but not much. I also don’t care for the crowds and atmosphere of concerts. I’ve gone with him a few times but not many. He used to have friends go with him but last summer he bought tickets and those people never showed up and they also never bothered to pay him for their tickets. I am glad he decided to quit buying tickets for people because i was sure irritated about it. I like the name Jean Claude for your cat.

Austina, what cute pups. That’s great it cooled down there. I know summer plans can limit planting schedules. I till you Marty’s drip system for my pots is amazing. I wish we’d done that at our other house. I was always packing jugs of water in and out to water the plants then. Sadly I left a trail of water behind me.

Jaaron, wishing you a speedy recovery.

I am so glad it's Friday. We drove to Fort Collins tonight (about 45 miles) to meet a friend of Marty's from work and had supper. He followed us home and is spending the night here, working out with Marty at the gym tomorrow and then he and Marty are going to meet in Denver later for supper. Marty is going to another concert down there tomorrow night. I filled up on chicken fingers tonight rather than my steak but I brought it home for a meal later this week.

This guy came to visit us last summer (he's from Atlanta) and is about the size of a junior high school kid. He had some of my famous chocolate chip cookies last summer and ate a ton of them. He is who kind of started Marty on his health kick. So at supper I asked him if he wanted some chocolate chip cookies and he immediately said yes! So I'll brew up cookies tomorrow while those guys are at the gym. He said he'd work out harder tomorrow so he can have some cookies. I'll take the rest of them to work on Monday.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you can see all the posts. They are really doing well. The ones to the left got beat up pretty bad with hail but they are filling in again.

pots.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! We just got a tornado alert warning on our phones and this city girl is scared!:errrr::errrr::errrr:
So I am posting to take my mind off this right now but in case I get interrupted for any reason just to let you know. OMG we are not supposed to get tornados here!

Marcy hope you and your dh and your friend enjoyed dinner in Fort Collins last night. What fun! And I hope the rest of your weekend goes well. LOVE the flowers on your property and they are looking good despite the storm affecting some of them. Nice work.

Scandi that is a long meeting. Congrats on getting through it. Thank you for your good suggestions re Tinkerbell(e)! Hahaha prefer it the way you spelled her name with an e on the end...looks much more elegant and refined that way. I am hesitant to contact the owners (she does have a phone number on her heart collar) just because they might be very annoyed I am butting in...so I am reluctant at this point to do anything. She appears well fed but the other neighbor said he isn't even sure if they feed her enough. Now I am not sure why he would say that to us but perhaps he wants us to rescue her too. LOL. But she is not mine and has owners and I even think I know which house she lives in but we will see. OMG just started torrential downpouring here. :-o Please power stay on.:pray:

Austina hello and love the photo you shared. Thank you for helping rescue animals in need!:appl:
Unfortunately I am not feeling better. This thing is holding on and I am still coughing up a storm as well as taking my (well Greg's) inhaler every hour with some but not a lot of relief. It is getting on my nerves...but I am reluctant to make an appointment with a doctor (I don't want to take steroids to clear my lungs or antibiotics and other than those options not sure what a doctor can do for me) so I am taking a wait and see attitude for now. Keeping good thoughts and hoping I start improving on my own without medical intervention. Thank you for asking.

Pierrebear good luck and enjoy your race! Haha I have no secrets with making kitty friends. Perhaps they know/can sense I prefer them to humans?:lol: They are sweet but wild believe me if I approached them they would run like the wind. Tinkerbell is not feral but a domestic outdoor/indoor kitty and that is why she allows me to rub her tummy. The ferals would never allow me to touch them. But they do let me gaze upon their beauty which I happily do! Enjoy your weekend and be safe and run like the wind (like the ferals do) during your race.:appl:

Jaaron, hope you are recovering well. What kind (if you don't mind me asking but if you do just ignore the question I won't be insulted) of surgery did you have? Sending you get well vibes!

So as I mentioned we are under tornado watch right now and it just started pouring here (poor ferals! I hope they are under cover somewhere safe and dry!) and the thunder and lightning is expected soon. We had plans to make the trip to get fitted for our recumbent tandem trike today but not sure if we can still go. Will see what happens.

Adding some photos from our bike ride yesterday. These are the first action photos we ever had taken while we were cycling. All the rest before this have been static photos but yesterday at the very end of our ride I decided to ask 2 lovely gentlemen on the Atlantic Highlands boardwalk if they could take a few action photos of us. And they so generously and kindly obliged. And then we spent a long time chatting with them. One is originally from Manhattan and retired police officer (I guess I know how to pick safe people to entrust with my phone haha) and the other gentleman from Newark. They both live here now and love it. Anyway I digress. Here are our very first action cycling photos. Excuse the fact that they are a bit awkward. I mean we were trying to go slow (no easy feat LOL) for the photo shoot.:razz:
And sorry if you are tired of all my cycling photos but just skip them if you are...that's why I add them onto the end of the post generally.:cheeky:

19399169_10154950616424139_7235425576804163952_n.jpg

missyandgregcyclingatlantichighlandsmarina.JPG

missyandgregcyclingatlantichighlandsjune2017.JPG

gregatlantichighlandsmarina.JPG

Enjoy the day girls!:wavey:

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in
I've had a blast, and now getting organized to come home Tuesday.
I hope you all are doing well and I will catch up with you next week when I'm back home with a real computer!

XXOO
J

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your new tandem looks fabulous! I hope you and Greg love it and put many miles on it this summer. Glad no one had a tornado touch down there. Those are very scary. Thanks. I did go out and pick off dead flowers this morning; most of the pots are doing well. Great action shots! I think most people are going to be decent and take pictures for you if you ask; I do always wonder if someone might just take off with your camera or phone.

Jimianne, your time in France seems to have gone by very fast. You sure got a ton of things done on your place. I’ve enjoyed seeing your photos. Safe travels home this week.

We all got around about 8:30 this morning and went to breakfast. Marty’s friend is really interesting to talk to; he is from Cambodia but was born in Russia and they moved to NYC when he was 11. I guess his dad was an Ambassador. He and his sister ended up staying in the U.S. when his parents went home because they wanted to be educated here. They are both citizens now. It sounds like he has relatives in the Atlanta area which is where he moved to and still lives now. His parents just got their green cards and are working towards citizenship. He is a really nice and pleasant person and its kind of cute that he doesn’t quite get or understand slang or phrases. He works for the same company Marty works for which is how they met. He will be working off and on in Denver for a few months. He loves the Broncos so of course that gives him brownie points from me.

Marty and his friend went to the gym about 11 and I brewed up chocolate chip cookies while they were gone. His friend didn’t eat as many cookies as he did last summer but he eagerly accepted my offer to fill a baggie with cookies to take with him back to Denver.

Marty went to a concert in Denver again tonight then has a 11 am tee time tomorrow but has to be to the airport in Denver by 5 pm so I won’t see him much until he gets home on Thursday. This weekend seems to be all about Marty!

I played with my Yogo sapphire ore tonight and did get it to break up some. I asked Kristie and her DH for advice and after that decided to see if I could break up any of the pieces with my hand and to my surprise and delight the smaller pieces did break up for me. I told my sister she finally got me to play in the dirt. I need to go get a fine strainer, bucket and another container tomorrow so I can clean up and check out some of the smaller pieces. I might get a cheap white dinner plate too for something white to spread pieces out on. I hope there is a gorgeous blue sapphire in there that is big enough to facet. Sadly I have NO idea what I’m doing. I’ll save all the rocks left and have my BIL go through it.

I washed all the bedding and towels up tonight for the guest wing. I never know when company might come again so I won’t have to scramble at the last minute and wash things up. Sometimes my SIL tells Marty she’s coming and I find out when she shows up.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results