carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Platinum Blonde, ouch to running with a torn tendon and with painful bunions. I get that you just push through the pain to keep running. Marty has something bothering him in his left arm like a torn muscle and he won’t rest from his strength training. As I sure you’ll agree; no one said this would be easy. Thank you. I had some more lasagna and a few cookies for lunch today.

Pinto Bean, I am glad hearing from us helps you through the day. Big hugs to you! I swear I am going to get my knitting back out; I keep thinking of your pretty crochet.

Missy, glad that Jarrod was decent to you. I loved Plain Sight. She was in some movie I rented the other day but I didn’t finish watching it; I thought it might keep me awake at night. I’ve told Mother Nature to keep the hail away for at least a month. Let’s see if she listens. I told all the KR and TB hi for you. I really should fill the couch up with all of them before Marty gets home but then he’ll probably lay down on top of them. He’s a brat like that. I am always happy to keep you and other NIRDI’s company. How exciting you ordered a trike tandem. That is quite a turning radius. I assume you guys could get off it and maybe pick it up to turn it around or is it too heavy? Hopefully your new cycling shorts are comfy and offer some padding. Woo hoo to catching Mugg. He’s quite the lady’s man, huh? LOL to “Butt Her”. Your shorts look fabulous and yes they look great on you!

SpringerSpaniel, too funny about “new form of income”.

Hi PierreBear.

Junebug, sorry that NyQuil makes you feel weird and interrupts your sleep. I can barely sleep it off. Chlor-trimeton knocks me out too. DayQuil drops my IQ about 40 points and makes me feel weird. It’s strange how meds can make us feel. Sorry you are tired and down today; I hope you have sweet dreams tonight. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Jaaron, sorry to hear that life has been overwhelming for you lately.

Austina, OMG that puppy is so cute. Just a little ball of fur. I used to work at a photo shop and we’d prop the door open at night to help cool it off and a little puppy like that used to just wander in and visit us. We all wanted to keep him. I can’t wait to see pictures of your fireball!

Speaking of Chlor-trimeton I think I need some every time I go cut off dead flowers. Tonight was probably worse because it is pretty windy out there. I took a sack out with me to put things in as I cut dead flowers off; and being windy I cleverly put 2 catalogs that came in the mail in the bag to weigh it down. It didn’t help. Stupid wind kept blowing it around anyway. I had to snip off about 4 plants that got broke from the hail and off course quite a few flowers were beat off. Considering the side of the hail the plants actually look pretty good.

I stopped at Perkins tonight since I had coupons for there. I ordered a senior chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and fresh fruit. I brought home 1/2 of the steak for supper tomorrow and a piece of apple pie to go. Friday I’ll be back on dish duty.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@missy, I really do hope that the cream helps, and doesn't flair up any of your allergies. I too prefer preservative free products. I went through several products before I found out that this one actually worked for me.

It's a shame that Team Estrogen went out of business. They were such a great company. Their forum was nice, because it was all women, on a women's cycling forum. Rather than a sub forum on a mainly male dominated forum.

Your shorts look great. I love the stripes! Hopefully, these shorts will have the perfect chamois for you. Fingers crossed that you are on you way to cycling pain free again. I think it's wonderful that both you and your husband share the love cycling.

@marcy, I'm glad that you're enjoying the cookies, and lasagna. I think I'm going to have to get some Italian food this week!

Hopefully, Marty's pain goes away soon, or has it diagnosed. Its hard to give up routines, and even harder to get back to your routines once you take a break from them. I gave up running when I was pregnant with my son. I figured that I spent most of my life working out, and watching what I ate, and deserved a break... I would start running again after he was 6 weeks old... I started some bad eating habits, and haven't ran since.:(

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
I ventured into the new part of the house again last night to get some pictures for you girls. The pictures are horrible. But here they are: 20170614_224404.jpg 20170614_224312.jpg 20170614_224227.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Missy! Thanks for your robust response and yes hopefully the weather holds out so you and your husband can go on a fun bike ride together.

Sorry to hear about your cycling pains. I have been riding for over 5 years but I wouldn't say that I'm very consistent and it revolves around a race we might be training for. I've done some dumb things in my youth like doing a two day charity bike ride with only one week to prepare for it since someone dropped out last minute and there was an open spot. Sheeshh... I've never been so swollen and sore in my life. My lady parts almost looked like testicles (sorry to be gross) and I admit that was not getting used to the saddle. However, in the appropriate occasions where we train and build up the miles, there is general "discomfort" or pressure. I swapped out so many saddles and ended up with the Terry Saddle for my road bike. I think the longest I've sat on that thing was for a 100 miler but I def was eager to get off. I'm not sure how often you need to replace saddles but I have a fear one day that when it comes that time, I won't be able to find another one! My current issue though is the saddle for my tri bike, which is in a different position where you are putting more pressure on your lady parts than you are on your butt. The padded shorts have padding in the wrong areas! I need more in the front part than the back. I feel "bruising/tenderness" on 60 mile training rides so it makes me nervous that our upcoming race will 112 miles on it. Not sure how other girls do it but maybe it's just supposed to be uncomfortable? I need to remind myself, I'm not sitting on a comfy couch but I rather my legs be sore than my tender parts? haha!

Thanks for sharing what to look up on the Precision Fit testing. None in my city, however, I did find a place just 3 hours away in a bigger city where my in-laws live. My father in law also bikes so perhaps that will be a fun way to bond if we all did a fitting together.

Congrats on the tandem recumbent bike! I've always wanted to ride a tandem with DH but you went above and beyond and went tandem and recumbent. We've always wondered how people move their tandem bikes around. I suppose you have a trailer that you just keep at the house to transport? Or do you rent one when you can't ride from the house?

Keep me posted on your cycling adventures! Love to hear more about it. Btw - your new shorts are so fun! Enjoy!

Hi PierreBear it is super impressive that you cycle so many miles and participate in triathlons too! Sorry you are also experiencing saddle challenges. I tried the Terry Butterfly and hated it among a few other Terry saddles I tried that the Terry expert recommended. I am beginning to think I do have a hypersensitivity issue happening. We cycled only 30 miles yesterday and my sensitive lady parts (LOL that term :lol:) are still in pain. I am keeping it in perspective and remaining optimistic but I think I am going to have to accept that my long distance cycling days are over. I am focusing on the good and trying not to feel sad about my current cycling issues. I can only control so much but I am in control of how I feel about what is happening. So right now this is where I am. No further along than the beginning of the cycling season and my saddle challenges. I would love you to continue sharing your cycling adventures here if you would like to.

As far as transporting Calfee (the Carbon racing tandem) we just take off the front and back wheel and put it in the car if we have to move the bike. But we hardly ever take the bike in the car. We just ride it where we need to go and we keep it at our beach house. I don't enjoy riding in the city so we ride at the beach mostly. We have single bikes too that if we choose we can ride in the city or at the beach. LOL I think b/w us we might have over 15 bicycles. Most of them my dh's but I do have 4 bikes of my own.

The tandem trike will be more challenging to transport and I don't think we will be able to since we do not have a trailer or anything so the dealer who lives close enough to us (in Red Bank) said he will figure out how to get it to us after he gets it and fits it to us. Though his trike cycle shop is 90 minutes away from us and where he lives. I just hope we will enjoy tandem triking.

Good luck with your cycling and let us know how it goes. I hope if you decide to do the Precision Fit it goes well!

Junie, I am sorry you are under the weather.:( I swear I didn't contaminate you via online LOL. I hope you are feeling better today and thank you for all your positive vibes. Sending lots of healing vibes and hugs your way!

Austina glad you are enjoying your visit despite the hot weather. It has cooled off here as of yesterday and I hope you are getting some of our now lovely weather. Hope you had fun bowling last night. I haven't been bowling for 30 plus years. I only tried bowling a few times and I was terrible but I would like to try it again. Seems like fun. I had to use a lighter bowling ball when I did go bowling. I bet I would still need to due to arthritic wrists. Hope you bowled a good game! Love the puppy photo.

Hey Jaaron, nice to hear from you. Sorry things have been overwhelming for you lately and I hope all is well.

Hi Callie hope you enjoyed the rest of your day yesterday.

Marcy Chlor trimeton is my go to sleepy antihistamine if my allergies are out of control and it is bedtime. It usually knocks me out. I only take 4 mg. We loved the show In Plain Sight. Did you click onto the song? Hahaha I sing it to Greg sometimes when I am right and he is wrong...that is why I sing this song....:lol:
I like the idea of putting KR and TB on the couch. Marty might not even notice if he is really tired...:whistle:
Good deal having dinner leftovers for lunch today. I like when it works out that way. Enjoy.

Hi Platinum-blonde and thank you. We have enjoyed almost 20 years of cycling together and it was blissful while it lasted. I just don't know what is wrong with me but I think it might be something beyond my control to fix but I have not completely given up. And I am really hoping that even if we cannot continue long distance cycling on the Calfee bike we can enjoy it for shorter distances pain free (though I am still not there yet) and hoping the Tandem Trike will prove to be enjoyable and that we can cycle long distances on that. But it is an unknown at this time and we took a leap of faith ordering it since we cannot return it from the dealer. I agree. Team Estrogen had super nice people and it is sad that it went out of business. I think cycling is gaining lots of women riders but you wouldn't know it from looking online at all the men vs women products and forums. Men still dominate in cycling though I think the sport is gaining popularity with women. I also agree with you about routines. I hate changing mine and when I couldn't work out for 8 months after my accident I was worried but fortunately I was able to start working out and cycling as soon as the surgeon gave it the go ahead. The real mystery is why suddenly 3 years later I am experiencing so much pain in my "lady" parts. So strange. If I had the reason why I might be able to figure out the answer.

Hi Scandi love the floor. I can tell it is beautiful even though the photos are rough. Keep em coming.:appl:

Have a lovely day girls.:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again :) "Graduation" at pre-school today, so I have no time. But I just wanted to show you the chess flooring. The picture is from the part of the hall that leads to the back door. So there is a lot more flooring, but the other part of the hall was covered up to prevent damage I guess.
The other picture is of the soon to be main fireplace. Big old fashioned one. I think it will look fantastic when it is finished, but we shall see! LOL
Hope you are all well!
Missy, how is your coughing?
Wonderful cuddlebear baby :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Missy :wavey:
I'm going to make chocolate muffins and potato salad now :) Wanna come over and help? Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to make chocolate muffins and potato salad now :) Wanna come over and help? Hugs!

Yes that sounds lovely! And thank you for the (((HUGS))). (((HUGS))) to you too sweetheart.

Edit. I missed your post above your most recent post lol

Enjoy the pre school graduation and congrats to your sweet baby!

Thank you for asking about my coughing. It is no better. So weird. I have a dry cough and constant urge to cough all day but at night it becomes loose. TMI. We are entering third week of being under the weather but I'm hoping I will just fight it off for good soon.

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Marcy – Hello! Sorry I missed your post earlier and thank you for inquiring about my fall. Gosh, I was just thinking the other day that it’s been over 3 years. My little scar right below my knee is always a reminder to be careful but I am much more comfortable on that bike now. I never had and probably never will have great bike handling skills. I would be careful of my timing to grab for a water bottle etc just to be on the safe side. Oh and my inability to do tight u-turns is pretty hilarious. All in all though, I’m more conscious of my surroundings and my limitations so even though that bike has a big paint chip and I have a scar, I’ve made improvements.

Hope you chicken fried steak & steak turned out well! You sound like you are quite the cook!

Missy – Yes, I have the Terry Butterfly! I never tried the other Terry saddles and actually don’t see them in stores anymore. I always feel silly with the butterfly design. I’m a woman trying to keep up (haha or rather draft off of men) but I don’t need any further reasons to emphasize that I’m a woman. Don’t get me wrong though, I proudly wear my pink biking shoes but I rather a saddle without a kiddy like design. Sorry to hear that 30 miles still caused you of some discomfort. However, I would have to say that if I wasn’t training for a long race, 30 to 40 miles is just the right amount of workout time for me before the “joys of being outside” turn into a “ughh this feels like a workout”. Perhaps it means you just get to start your day earlier and have time for a big delicious breakfast/brunch? Perhaps you and DH can try a new sport together? Any interest in trail running?

In regards to the precision testing, my DH and I are signing up! We are going out of town for the 4th of July and it’s on our way up to visit the in-laws. I’ll bring in my tri bike and my DH will be doing a study himself as his right foot occasionally gets a numbing sensation, though never riding but afterwards. I’ll keep you posted and see if they have heard of other people similar to your situation and if there was a resolution.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More fireplace + Chipmunk DD LOL
20170615_185956.jpg 2017-06-15 19.41.26.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies.

Wow, Scandi, that looks amazing, very baronial!

Just a quickie as our friends are due shortly.

I've tried and tried, and this is the best I can do with my iPad, doesn't begin to capture how white and sparkly it is.

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

1.13ct VVS H, ex polish and symmetry, with .99 VS1/2 F/G in 12 gms of 950 platinum
Marquise is 10.66 x 5.39 x 3.40 tip to tip measures 17mm on my big fat 6.75 finger!

Have a great day :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls! Just checking in for a moment after our bike ride today and wow to your fireplace Scandi. GORGEOUS. ROMANTIC. LOVE.
Austina, I LOVE your ring. What a wonderful presence. That is glamorous!:love: Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Enjoy your friends visit.

Great news. We were able to cycle 42 miles with not terrible pain. Why? Because my smart dh ordered a saddle all the "experts" said absolutely no to. Padded and wide and really more a cruiser saddle. But for some reason it works for me! IDK maybe it is because my sit bones are far apart but the experts know that my sit bones are far apart and said that is all wrong for me. I am overjoyed. Now that is not to say it was a problem free ride and 42 miles is not long distance but hey I will take it! I knew you would all be pleased for us and just wanted to share a bit of good news with you since I am always sharing the heartaches. I'll keep you posted of course as this is a story unfolding still and we do not have all the parts of the puzzle in place. Here is the photo of the crazy saddle. I mean it goes against all conventional biking wisdom but we will see how it goes.

bikeroo.jpg

Oh and our first ice cream of the season at our fave ice cream Shoppe Days. The owner was so happy to see us as he hasn't seen us since last October he insisted on the first ice cream order of the year on him. How nice is that? LOVE Days and love Ocean Grove and I am loving cycling again. Fingers crossed we can make this last and continue cycling in relative comfort.:pray:

bikeatdays.JPG

daysjune2017.JPG

gregatdaysjune2017.JPG

icecreamatdaysjune2017.JPG

Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely Thursday.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pierrebear! All great suggestions. We actually plan on going trail hiking and such but have just been focused on cycling atm. Also we do have that tandem recumbent trike coming so we will switch it up from the racing tandem to the trike tandem. We get such a short amount of nice weather here that I just want to take advantage of cycling season while we can but definitely variety is key. I hear you on when it goes from oh I am loving cycling and being outdoors to ugh this is just too much of a chore and painful workout. The thing is I want and hope to be able to do 50 miles before I start feeling like that.::)

I am so excited for you and your dh re the Precision Fit testing. And yes please keep me posted. Fingers crossed they come up with a great solution for you!:appl: And I love that you have pink cycling shoes. :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Scandi, Can I come over too???? Love the house pictures. So, so beautiful!!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm so glad Greg didn't listen to the experts. GREG is the expert!!!
Great pictures today. Ice cream and cycling sounds like you had a wonderful day. Is it still really hot outside? I can't wait for the temperatures to cool down here.

Austina, I have no idea what you mean by needing better pictures. Your new ring looks very beautiful and sparkly. How are you liking Austin? Can you see yourself living in the US?

Marcy, NyQuil has the same effect on me. I'm wide awake all night when 8 take it. IS Marty beginning to feel better? You must be happy he will be home soon. It seems like he has been gone along time this trip.

Junie, Are you feeling any better today?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy - woo hoo that new seat worked so well for you today. And also to getting free ice cream. That’s a win win in my book and what a great day for you!

Platinum Blonde, I am a fan of Italian food; I hope you enjoy some this week. I completely understand how hard it is to go back to something after you’ve quit it for a while. One day the urge may strike you and you’ll start running again. I know once you get in to some sort of workout routine; it become addictive. I keep thinking about it.

Scandi, wow you place is looking fabulous. How was pre-school graduation?

Missy, that is a lot of bikes between you and Greg. Marty bought a nice, new bike last summer and hasn’t been on it once this year. I don’t see him giving up his strength training any time soon. I would hope they will deliver the trike tandem to you since you don’t have a trailer. Is your car running okay now? How are you feeling? Sorry you are still coughing and still sore. That is exactly when I take Chlor-trimeton too and only take one 4 mg. I had not listen to the song you posted from In Plain Sight but I just did and that is awesome. I think my bears would suffer if I sang that song to Marty. How long will it take to get the trike tandem? Sorry I don’t remember what you said.

PierreBear, I guess it’s a good thing you have a little scar now to remind you to be careful on your bike. I can totally identify with you in making right turns - that is how I got the nickname “Curby” but mine is from damaging wheels on my car not on a bike. That is pretty cool you and your DH are going in to do a precision testing session.

Austina, your marquis ring is gorgeous. I am sure it sparkles like crazy. I love the setting too; it looks fabulous on your hand.

Callie, I’m with you - Greg is more of an expert on bikes than the “experts” are; what do they know? I’ve shoveled 10 inches of snow off my porch when the experts said we won’t get any snow tomorrow. It’s strange how NyQuil works so differently for people. I try not to take medicine because it generally makes me sick. I am thrilled Marty will be home tonight. He is on the plane right now. Poor Marty no status.

I had a friend of mine pull the weeds out of our rocked portions of our landscaping. He did a really nice job. He rode his bike back over here tonight to get paid. I took a look at our windows out front tonight and some of the trim got chipped off from the hail the other day. A lot of people in the neighborhood had damage on their roofs and fences so I told Marty he should check everything this weekend.

I’ve been listening (some watching too) I Love Lucy shows at work. Those shows just make me laugh. Hallmark has several episodes on early in the morning so I’ve been recording them. It makes my day more fun anyway.

Have a great evening and woo hoo tomorrow is Friday.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!
Scandi the house is fabulous. Triple wow!

Missy that bike seat looks excellent. Ride on, Madame.

I just anted to check in

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha
WANTed to check in.
I've had a great six weeks.
my house guest arrived last night and it's exciting to share my love of france with her.
She was very brave to come here alone and her plane was late so she missed her train yesterday...she is getting the full experience lol
I'm glad I opted for a two month stay as it has felt like living here instead of just visiting & I've really disappeared down the rabbit hole/gone native.
Been working on the house the whole time
now my guest will get me out to see the sights.
Hugs to you all. xx

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne :wavey::wavey::wavey: Hope for wonderful pictures when you come home! Miss you and so glad that you are having a rabbit hole time there !! And thank you for liking the house :kiss: makes me happy.

Missy, oh what do the experts know??? LOL. Go Greg!! That saddle at least *looks* more comfortable! I hope you can get some comfortable cycling in on that one this weekend! But either way, fantastic to have different bikes of totally different styles, if you ask me!! And why not! Might be fun! I actually have a terrain version kick-bike! (You can find it on my insta if you want to see a picture).

Pre-school graduation went well! At least DS was super happy! And the weather was wonderful so the barbeque was a success too! And my potato salad was clearly favoured over the two other potato salads, so that made me happy too of course, :lol-2::lol-2::mrgreen: The muffins just would not get baked through, so had to get my mother to come after us with them... a bit embarrassing lol but she is used to me so don't really care.. :oops::lol:

Callie, you are *way* too sweet as always! :kiss::kiss::kiss: Come on over and I'll make you picture perfect blueberry cupcakes/muffins! Or chocolate! Or both! The guest room will soon be finished too :appl:

Marcy, oh no to dish-duty! Perhaps muffins for dinner? They really do make for easy dishes..? The ones I made yesterday was eaten up really fast, so don't have any to send you, alas. I like to "win" the "cake competition" (in addition to the potato salad one, lol) so I always go for things that can be decorated with candy... :lol-2::lol-2::razz:

June, hope you are feeling better?

Jaaron, hope it calms down a bit soon. I has been super crazy here too. But soon the summer daze will could the office and the work pace :lol::lol::lol:

Austina, That ring is just amazing!! Would look spectacular with the new fire place, I think.. So perhaps you would like to come over for a glass of wine or just send me the ring and that could work too? (:twisted:)

Kristie, has Finn forgiven Maggie for her princess like behaviour? They are both so beautiful!

ALL OF YOU: Thank you so much (!) for not getting tired of my never ending house project, and all your kind and sweet comments really makes me happy and makes my day!

Hugs!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG I forgot the most important thing !!!

We are getting a new puppy!!! It is a boy, but we have not picked him out in the litter yet. They were born on Sunday. I have been waiting for them for ever. DH wanted me to buy a girl, but there are no girls. So I have been pestering him since Monday, and last night he finally caved and said a boy would be just fine as long as I stopped talking about puppies for a few hours at least...

:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

The parent dogs are amazing, wonderful pedigree and several national winners in there, including the dad-dog. So now I'm just stressed that my baby will not like the puppy. I keep telling her that if she does not, I'll just send it back to the breeder. But she still looks a bit sad. (Kidding. She is an English setter, and I did not tell her in English, so doubt that she understood what I said...)

Hugs!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Woohoo it is Friday for those of you who are working!

Scandi,
that is amazing news! PUPPY in the NIRDI house!!!! So exciting!!!!! OMG. Please bring the sweet puppy with you next month when you visit me?:pray::halo::love::appl:

How is F healing? How is her eye?
I am going to check out your bike on Insta (is that what you kids are calling it hahaha I always abbreviate it IG but now I know better!).

Jimmianne, Miss you! So glad to hear from you and so pleased you are having a wonderful time in France! Yes you live there now (but don't forget you also live here so we both share you) and you deserve the best time. Happy you are enjoying your guests now and I know they will have a great visit with you as their gracious host and the beautiful countryside as the romantic and beautiful backdrop.

How is your biking going ma douce amie?

Marcy, YAY for Marty coming home tonight! Woohoo! And LOL I love I Love Lucy and we occasionally watch it too. Though not at work. I would love that :lol:. She is so funny and well the pickles she gets herself into. She reminds me of me quite honestly and I know that is not a good thing but it is true. Sometimes my adventures are a bit cuckoo and that is because my brain is overactive and I come up with crazy ideas. But I have to say while Greg reigns in some of my crazy ideas he is my partner in crime in many of them. Case in point Recument tandem trike. I mean who even knew that existed till last week?:geek: Just hoping it doesn't become one of our oh no what were we thinking hare (hahaha get it KB LOL) brained ideas.

I hope there is no damage to your roof and I hope when Marty gets home tonight he is feeling well. MY coughing is worse than ever even with taking cough syrup, cough drops etc. Going on 3 weeks now. Really hope this thing runs its course and I am all better soon. Hoping all the NIRDI crew and their fur babies stay or get healthy and are feeling well.

Callie, yes I am with you and Marcy. Greg is the expert. Sadly it is raining today and predicted rain tomorrow and Sunday so I am hoping somehow we get in some cycling so I can test out the saddle again. I only got to ride it yesterday and I would really like to see how more riding feels on this saddle before we leave for NYC Monday. Sad the 2 week plus vacation is almost over.:( It always goes so fast yanno?

Kristie, how is Maggie's stomach feeling today? Sending her so many healing vibes and good thoughts.

We rode yesterday (ran into him by chance) with our cycling friend Butch. We really enjoy his company. He is a 66 year old retired teacher and he is so funny and easy to talk to and just a joy. We always run into him (not literally lol) cycling and yesterday it worked out that he was just beginning his ride when we stopped at the rest room at our first break (he lives inland so he drives to the rest room area with his bike in the car where we always take our first break) and we said do you want to join us so he did and it was so much fun riding with him. We have not yet met his wife since she doesn't ride but we will make plans with them because if she is as wonderful as he is we will enjoy their company and vice versa for sure.They are politically involved and always going to political events. Democrats of course.:halo:

Hope you all enjoy a lovely Friday girls! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie! How are you feeling today? I have been thinking of you these past few days and meaning to check in on you! Hope you are feeling better honey!!!

P

PierreBear

Missy - Way to go DH on finding a saddle that works for you! We are all built so different! Yum on the ice cream. When my DH first tried to get me excited about cycling. We would make the end destination be something fun such as the animal shelter, ice cream store, or donut shop. There has to be a reward for putting in miles in the sun right?!

Scandinavian - Congrats on the beautiful house and the puppy! More pictures please!

Marcy - Glad to hear about some landscaping progress. Hope that there isn't damage to your home!

Hope all of ya'll have a fantastic weekend!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear, thank you! I have to ask: your avatar: is that a Shiba? So cute!

P

PierreBear

Good eye, Scandinavian! It is a Shiba Inu? I have a family member who recently got a puppy so I've been a bit obsessed. I'm actually a cat fan! Meow! I appreciate dogs though! Can't wait to see pictures of your puppy.

PierreBear, thank you! I have to ask: your avatar: is that a Shiba? So cute!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, Congratulations and how could you possibly forget to tell us about the baby???? I'm so excited for you!!! It's probably better that you are getting a male. My furbaby is a bit spoiled (okay a LOT spoiled) and I was told if we ever get another dog that's she would probably be much more accepting of a male. Hopefully baby "F" will enjoy having a new playmate and won't mind sharing her mom. Just spoil her with attention too and she should be fine. It will just be an adjustment period. I can't wait to see picture's of your new baby boy! Do you have a name for him yet? I'm glad your potatoe salad was a hit..... I'm sorry Scandi all I can think about is your new baby. We can talk about potatoe salad another time LOL. When do you get to see him? Please take lots of pictures of him!!!

MIssy, Im so exited there will be a new furbaby in the NIRDI family. Are you feeling any better tonight? I'm so glad you were able to cycle today. Wow the past two weeks really went by fast. It feels like your vacation just started. It's still really hot here and we are expecting rain tomorrow. I'm not complaining as it keeps me from 2 1/2 hours of watering in 90+ degrees heat. My day was pretty uneventful. I gave the furbaby a bath and then went out for a mani pedi. My husband had me calling realtors today regarding homes in South Carolina. I believe they are not too far from Junebug. The area I like is a golf community and to live there you must become a member of their country club. There is a yearly fee of $17,000 along with monthly fees ( I don't know how much the month fee are) Taxes were around $7,000 which I think is wonderful but I'm not to thrilled about paying for the country club fees. I also noticed the houses in this community had been for sale for over a year and still had not sold.

Marcy, Yay for Marty coming home. I hope he is feeling better when he arrives. These bugs people get in the summer hang on for an eternity. Please have Marty get someone to inspect the roof. The hail storm we had that resulted in a new roof wasn't as bad as your storm. The hail was smaller than what you were hit with.

Junie, Are you feeling better?

Austina, Are you enjoying your time in Austin?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I'm so glad you guys didn't pay attention to the experts lol! It's so encouraging the saddle seems to be working out so far and I'm very happy that you were able to have a decent ride…42 miles is an impressive distance! I'd probably last about 2 lol. I agree with Scandi that the saddle looks very comfortable. I hope the rain holds off and you can fit in some more cycling. Yay to the first ice cream of the season, looks very yummy, and even better that it was on the house! It's great you ran into your friend and he was able to join you on your ride. Ugh, I'm so sorry you still have a cough, that stinks and I hope it clears up soon.

Austina, your marquise halo ring is gorgeous!!! :love::love::love: I love marquise diamonds, I think they are such a flattering look on the hand - I love the setting, very blingy and such great finger coverage! You must be so excited! I know you are very busy right now, but at some point I would love to see more pics if you get a chance. Congratulations on getting this beauty! Your pictures are great too! And the pup you posted is beyond adorable - what an absolutely gorgeous dog.

Jaaron, I hope things are calming down for you a bit at this point, hang in there.

Scandi, love the pics of the house! The chess flooring looks amazing and the fireplace is so beautiful! Your dd looks so cute. I can't wait to see it all finished. And it's very exciting that you're getting a puppy! :appl: That is great, and I'm sure your furbaby will adjust. She will probably like having a friend to keep her company! I'm glad the graduation went well and that your ds had a wonderful time. I knew your potato salad would be a winner lol!

Jimmianne, so great to hear from you and I'm glad you feel so at home and comfortable in France. Have a great visit with your friend. It is very impressive that she made the trip by herself, I'm not sure I could do it!

Marcy, sorry to hear about the damage to the windows. I guess it's a good idea for Marty to check the roof and hopefully everything is ok. I'm glad he's finally heading home and I hope he's feeling better.

Thanks to everyone for asking how I'm feeling - I'm feeling better today, thank you! My dd will be home this weekend for Father's Day, so we will all go out for dinner. Dh seems pretty happy both kids will be around this weekend so he'll have a good Father's Day.

Guess I should get myself to bed, good night to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a rainy muggy Saturday and the rain is predicted to last through Monday. But it isn't going to ruin my mood NO. I am happy to be here and just enjoying the weekend with my dear NIRDIs and dh. A happy early Father's Day to all the dad's who have touched the NIRDIs lives and made them better. (((HUGS))) to all the wonderful dads. Of humans and fur babies.:))

Marcy your astronomy program last night sounded wonderful and I wish all of us could have been there. Weird is my middle name.:cheeky: So happy Marty is back with you at home and I hope there was no roof damage to your home from the hail storms. And I hope Marty gets to stay put for a while before the next business trip.

Callie I love South Carolina and North Carolina so keep me posted. Those country club fees are quite high but still much cheaper than our NYC Co-op monthly maintenance and cheaper than our yearly property tax at the Beach house. Yeah life is expensive and IMO you get what you pay for often so sometimes there are no bargains to be had. Then again it all depends on what you want. If you want amenities and security etc you have to pay for it. If you want to be close to a city with lots to do you have to pay for it.

BUT being close to Junie and Jimmianne would be AMAZING and worth it IMO. And it is only a (long) drive from me so another plus.:mrgreen: We once considered moving there to retire but shelved that for the moment but you never know...

Your day yesterday sounded productive and yay for clean fur babies and pretty nails.

Yes we were able to cycle a bit yesterday in spite of the rain chance and we got lucky. We only did 30 miles but I will take it. The rest of the cycling possibilities this vacation is looking bleak but that is life. Rain rain rain and then some more rain. Clearing up perfectly just in time for the start of our workweek on Tuesday. LOL.:lol: See? I am able to laugh about it.

Junie so glad your dh will be home and so will your kids and that you can all celebrate Father's Day together. Best gift of all. Family together and enjoying each other. I am glad you are feeling better!

PierreBear yes I agree. Nice to have a goal as one is cycling and ice cream is always a good goal. 8-) Have a lovely weekend!

So, Ann got the kitties all neutered and spayed yesterday. Turns out we had 4 males and 2 females. So that was a switch as last year we only were able to trap and neuter one male and lots of females so yay for getting more boys this time! And Muggs was an intact male so woohoo for getting him trapped and neutered. He had a tick on him but it wasn't fat so hopefully it didn't hurt him and all the kitties were treated for fleas and ticks and vaccinated for rabies in addition to being neutered/spayed.

One of the females (Pisa) who is only 5 months old was 14 days pregnant:blackeye: and they aborted her 4 fetuses. The gestation period for cats is about 60 days so she was still early enough that abortion was safe. The veterinarian said if she had carried the fetuses to term she would have died as she is a tiny thing herself. So sad this outdoor feral life. Poor sweetie. Ann is watching her for the next 48 hours before releasing to our property but she is releasing the other 5 cats today as long as it isn't pouring out.

Tigre is a (about 6 months old) male, Muggs as you know is a male (about 5 years old), Tux 2 is a male and Fresca 2 is a male (about 3 years old). All ages estimations by the veterinarians. Tux 1 is a female and Pisa is a female. So that was our six. Fresca 2 has a corneal scar and compromised eye which tears a lot. The vets said nothing we can do which was upsetting. My guess is the scar compromises the surface of her cornea making the tear film distribution uneven and her eye dry causing it to tear. Poor sweetie.:blackeye: And Muggs had an eye infection too (in addition to the tick on his skin) so he was treated for that as well. All in all it feels good to have at least helped these kitties and gotten them out of the reproductive loop. Fingers crossed we can trap and neuter/spay the whole bunch but we need a break. It gets harder each time we get a bunch and release them because the chance of trapping the ones we did not yet trap when all the cats are out there that have already been taken care of gets smaller and smaller. We had the toughest time last year once the soda gang was back in the population and could not trap the rest of them. But I know we did good this round and no matter what at least we got 6 of the new kitties. And 4 of them boys. Woohoo!!!!:appl:

Have a good Saturday girls! Hugs to you and all your sweet furbabies.:kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha took some quick photos this AM for you girls. LOL I get out of bed to get more coffee and the HRH takes my spot. :lol:

rainysaturdayjune2017.JPG

and one photo of the recumbent tandem trike we ordered...not sure when we will be able to get it but isn't it pretty?

terratriketandempro.JPG

and lastly dinner at our fave local seafood restaurant last night. OMG those biscuits and fish so good and so fresh. Had to share with you girls. Much to Greg's chagrin. He is going to make it verboten to take photos at dinner I think. LOL.

Their homemade fresh coleslaw is TDF. I am not a coleslaw fan at all but I always devour their freshly made coleslaw. It is amazing.
coleslaw.JPG

and then their biscuits OMG. Worth the bad carbs IMO. Truly worth it.

biscuits.JPG

and Greg got the popcorn shrimp as an appetizer. It was delicious.

popcornshrimp.JPG

and the fish fresh fresh fresh.

bluefish.JPG

With that I will say bye for now. We are discussing leaving today and going back to Brooklyn. The weather just isn't good and won't be good at least for the next 3 days. We have so much to take care of in Brooklyn since we have been here for so long so we might just leave today. I'm a bit sad. Back to reality. ::) Have a great day girls!

drinks.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Afternoon lovelies.

It's 95 degs here :-o

So pleased to hear you've been able to ride @missy, the recumbent tandem looks like it's going to be fun. Good news about the kitties, well done on getting them 'fixed'.

Oooooo a puppy, can't wait to see photos, setters are such elegant looking pooches.

Our friend's puppy was very naughty, pooping and peeing on the carpet, so DS is not happy. I've told him to get in professional cleaners and we'll pay:(

Up until now, I hadn't really imagined us living here, but with each visit, I feel we could make Austin home, although I'm not sure we'd ever get used to the heat. :roll:

I will definitely try and get better photos when I'm home, but I'm absolutely delighted with my ring, the proportions and finger coverage are just perfect.

We're going to see Wonder Woman this evening, so have a great weekend everyone :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, it’s good to hear from you. I am totally loving your pictures on FB. I am delighted to hear you are enjoying living there.

Scandi, I bet DS was thrilled with graduation from pre-school. Yay that your potato salad was the favorite. Good plan to bake things that can be decorated with candy. I took cake decorating classes and trust me I don’t have that skill set. I do love muffins though. How exciting to be getting a new puppy.

Missy, I am lucky that I have a reason to be watching TV at work but I Love Lucy probably doesn’t fall in to any of those reasons. Oh well. Oh no that your coughing is worse; sometimes my cough gets worse as I am getting better so hopefully that is what is going on with you. Marty does feel better but he is pretty tired and coughing some too. You are so right; you do get what you pay for and many things are worth it. You and Greg certainly helped out lots of kitties on your vacation. Yay! Your tandem trike looks really comfortable and dinner looks delicious.

Kristie, I just love the picture of Finn looking out the window looking for you guys.

PierreBear, the fur baby in your avatar is adorable but of course I also like the bear. Marty hasn’t checked the roof but he didn’t find much on the house.

Calliecake, how exciting to be looking for a place in SC. We looked in to joining our local country club (for golf) and I don’t remember what their monthly fees are but if you don’t spend a certain amount of money each month they just charge your card anyway. Marty hasn’t pulled out a ladder yet but I will keep reminding him. He played golf today but has been hanging out on the couch the rest of the time. You are right the summer crud is usually pretty nasty.

Junebug, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. That’s great your DH will be home this weekend and your DD will be home to help celebrate Father’s Day. Have a nice dinner.

Austina, that is pretty neat you are starting to picture yourself living in Austin. My nieces that live in Houston like to run in marathons and they sure hate running those in the heat. I will be anxious to see more pictures of your gorgeous ring. Did you like the movie?

I’ve been busy this weekend. We had our astronomy meeting last night and my program on weird things in the solar system went well. I had a lot of questions and discussion so that means people were interested (I hope.) Marty played golf this morning and I ran around and seemed like I didn’t get a thing done. I got a hair cut then tried to catch up with my dad’s coffee break friends but missed them. I had a donut while I was there then went to find something to put on his grave. I ended up getting a sports coffee mug and had them put some flowers in it. There was a funeral going on in the cemetery so I tried to stay out of their way. I got home and started to do dishes and Marty called me to meet him for lunch. They were super slow at the golf course today and my sister and BIL beat me home. We just visited this afternoon and all went out to supper. It was a nice day. Tomorrow I’ll be doing laundry all day. It’s like Marty has been gone for 2 weeks and brought home a giant suitcase full of dirty clothes.

Take care. Have a fabulous Sunday.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results