shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no @junebug17! I hope your husband gets better fast and your children remain negative.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy, I apologize, just realized I should have just focused on your birthday! I'm sorry, was insensitive of me and I hope you have a very enjoyable day! <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy Birthday @marcy!!!!! Have popcorn!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Tuesday!

@marcy love the card Marty created for you and so glad you got to enjoy with friends after doing some work yesterday. Have a wonderful birthday week.

I am sorry your DH got Covid @junebug17 but relieved he is doing well and recovered and that you did not get it.
Hope the family is all doing well and the rest of the summer remains stress free. It is surreal we are all still dealing with this.

@springerspaniel hope you had a relaxing and lovely holiday weekend and if you are back to work today may it go very smoothly.

@mrs-b hope you are pain free and doing well and that Tim is doing well too. Thinking of you both.

@canuk-gal hope you get to enjoy cycling this week and your temperatures are just how you love them. May the weather cooperate. And may work be calm.

Hi everyone else. We had a great cycling day yesterday thanks to the East wind. Today is a hotter day and hoping for another East wind. It's supposedly going to be 25 degrees above normal. Officially too hot for me lol. I wish everyone a great Tuesday. Be well and enjoy. XOXO

May this Tuesday be as sweet as you are. (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 5.56.43 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MamaBee, enough time has passed that I feel confident everyone is good!

That’s great! I’m so happy he’s doing well. Your children also didn’t get it which is a relief..How long is the period that seems safe to mingle with someone after they have Covid? We can’t seem to get the same answer from different doctors. Did you do a deep clean when you got to your house in SC? My son and grandson stayed at our other house for a whole week. He came on a Monday and leaving tonight which will be almost a week. We don’t know know when it will be okay for our handyman to go back to do work on the house.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s great! I’m so happy he’s doing well. Your children also didn’t get it which is a relief..How long is the period that seems safe to mingle with someone after they have Covid? We can’t seem to get the same answer from different doctors. Did you do a deep clean when you got to your house in SC? My son and grandson stayed at our other house for a whole week. He came on a Monday and leaving tonight which will be almost a week. We don’t know know when it will be okay for our handyman to go back to do work on the house.

@MamaBee, we followed current CDC guidelines. In dh's case, he isolated for 5 days and he is currently wearing a mask around people for an additional 5 days since his symptoms are lessening. I'm wearing a mask too, just to be on the safe side. He didn't have a fever.

That said, I'm not sure if the guidelines are the same for children but I would assume so?

I didn't do a deep clean but I did my usual cleaning when I arrived and disinfected surfaces with Clorox for the ten days. I will keep wiping surfaces with Clorox wipes for a while. I tried my best to follow the cdc guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting.

In your case, I'm thinking maybe you could wait a week to be on the safe side, and then have a cleaning service come in and disinfect?

I know this is stressful...but all we can do is take precautions and try our best. I probably didn't do everything perfectly but I tried!

How is your grandson doing?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, we followed current CDC guidelines. In dh's case, he isolated for 5 days and he is currently wearing a mask around people for an additional 5 days since his symptoms are lessening. I'm wearing a mask too, just to be on the safe side. He didn't have a fever.

That said, I'm not sure if the guidelines are the same for children but I would assume so?

I didn't do a deep clean but I did my usual cleaning when I arrived and disinfected surfaces with Clorox for the ten days. I will keep wiping surfaces with Clorox wipes for a while. I tried my best to follow the cdc guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting.

In your case, I'm thinking maybe you could wait a week to be on the safe side, and then have a cleaning service come in and disinfect?

I know this is stressful...but all we can do is take precautions and try our best. I probably didn't do everything perfectly but I tried!

How is your grandson doing?

Thanks @junebug..I will be the one disinfecting..so I’ll be using the same lysol Wipes, etc.
My son and grandson wore masks all week that they stayed in my house. They only took them off for meals, showers, etc. My son didn’t get it..I hope it means he’s in the clear. My grandson tested positive a week ago yesterday..so maybe my son dodged the bullet.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I really think your son is going to be fine! I understand though, I couldn't help but worry about my son and gf possibly getting it. I kept reminding myself they are young and healthy, and the omicron variant just doesn't seem to cause severe illness. And vaccines have helped. Try not to worry too much! <3. It does stink that we still have to be concerned about this.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOKOK just when I thought I've seen everything...there was a (senior) man sunbathing in his underwear (Jockey, not that it matters...) by the dock. Not okie dokie!!! :rolleyes: :roll: Otherwise I enjoyed my walk and my DH rode today in decent temps.

Supposed to be nice and warm the two days I work this week. And sticking to my plan to limiting my shifts. They called, I declined.

The space modulator or flux capacitor (what ever it is called) was replaced today so now our AC works. Always something.

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a very quick hi and bye, we’ve had a very hectic couple of days, but we’re now the proud owners of a lovely new home. :)

We’ve had a real palaver with FedEx. I ordered our adjustable bed last Thursday, with a 5-7 working day delivery, and yes, for once, I get an email saying it’s coming early, as in today :shock: Couldn’t change the delivery date because FedEx’s website, despite auto filling the address, then said it’s invalid!! Long story short, we did the walk through, went to the closing, went back to the house to drop some things off, went to get food, and then discovered Colin had left all our toiletries at the house. We’re staying at a VRBO down the road for a few days to be on hand for the container etc., so went back to the house and 2 Fed Ex trucks turned up with the bed:doh:

Back at the VRBO, exhausted and ready for bed.

So glad DH (and you all ) are OK @junebug17 , what a worry.

Will catch up over the w/e when we’ll (hopefully) be hooked up with the internet, and in possession of our house contents.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @marcy, I forgot to say that I hope you’ve been having a lovely birthday. Your heart earrings are going to be fab!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes. I had a good day.

@missy I totally remember how the ocean breeze is pretty chilly - at least it was in California. It is so pretty though! Gorgeous sunrise photo and mmm to delicious looking ice cream. I hope it doesn’t get too hot there.

@junebug17 glad to hear your DH is doing better and the rest of you didn’t get it.

@MamaBee I hope everyone doesn’t get sick.

@canuk-gal that must have been a bit shocking to see that guy sunbathing in his underwear. Glad your AC got fixed especially since the weather is nice there. We dipped back in to the chilly range again.

@Austina congratulations on finally owning your beautiful new home. I hope the move goes smoothly and you are settled and relaxed soon. Good luck on the address change; there were places that wouldn’t ship to us for almost a year because their website said “invalid address”. Something to do with brand new addresses.

I did have a lovely birthday other than ending up working about 6 hours. Some friends took Marty and I out for lunch. After I got done with work (about 4:30) I lifted then visited with my sister.

I worked about 5 hours today but did bake a roast for us for lunch. I ran errands this afternoon and we even had some rain. Yay!

My earrings are in production! Yay. I am anxious to get them.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

OKOKOK just when I thought I've seen everything...there was a (senior) man sunbathing in his underwear (Jockey, not that it matters...) by the dock. Not okie dokie!!! :rolleyes: :roll: Otherwise I enjoyed my walk and my DH rode today in decent temps.

Supposed to be nice and warm the two days I work this week. And sticking to my plan to limiting my shifts. They called, I declined.

The space modulator or flux capacitor (what ever it is called) was replaced today so now our AC works. Always something.

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Sharon..Last week my husband and I were shopping in the supermarket..An elderly man..older than me..haha..was shopping in his tightie whities! I couldn’t believe it. No one was even looking at him. I kept telling my husband to look at him...but he wasn‘t interested in looking. It was the craziest thing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Wonderful Wednesday!

Glad you had a wonderful birthday @marcy! Yes the East wind helps keep it cool but unfortunately yesterday it was a west wind and it was HOT. Mid 90s. I was so happy to get home after cycling. Too hot. Today is 60 as a high. OMG over 30 degree difference overnight. Crazy weather. Are we in Wyoming? :lol:

@MamaBee OMG nooooo. I feel sorry for that man...maybe he is dealing with Alzheimers or is otherwise mentally impaired. :(
How is your grandson doing? I hope everyone is A OK now.

@Austina Mazel Tov! Wishing you many years of joy and happiness at your new house.

@canuk-gal Oy this world has a lot of mentally challenged individuals. I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind sunbathing in a public space like that in their underwear. I am glad you stuck to your decision not to work extra shifts and instead enjoy the warm weather. Good for you and I hope you enjoy a lovely week. You would have loved it here yesterday. It was in the mid 90s. I was melting lol.

@Slickk hope the shorter work week is going well. Summer vacation soon and not a moment too early!

@bling_dream19 hope all is well and you are enjoying a good week!

@springerspaniel thinking of you and hoping work is going well and life is sweet.

@mrs-b I forget if you are heading to California this month or have decided to wait. Hope you and Tim are doing and feeling well.

Hi everyone else. We rode in 90 plus degree weather yesterday with a west wind and it was not comfortable. But we stuck it out and I was so glad to get home lol. We even skipped ice cream as it was just too hot outside and I won't eat inside at any establishments at this time. Still. Anyway today is 60F so what a difference and we will cycle but be freezing lol. Today we will get ice cream. :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday all. XOXO.

Leaving you with the gang of 3. Enjoying the hot weather last night in our side yard.
They are the sweetest. :kiss2:

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 5.45.11 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! Thank you for all the get well wishes for Jackson..He is now out of quarantine. My son didn’t get it. They wore masks the whole time. I think Scott should be in the clear but I think there’s a few days to go until that's for certain. Noah..the two year old, got Foot and mouth disease from someone in his class. He had sores and blisters in his mouth so he couldn’t eat. They have been through the ringer. It was good that they had the house in Maryland to do the quarantine.
@marcy I think heart diamond earrings will be so pretty! When do you get them. I’m happy you had a nice birthday. Your birthday card from Marty is hilarious!
@Austina Did you move in? I’ve been trying to read here while we’re on vacation but I must have missed you mentioning you’re in. I read about your beds arriving early. Are you still staying at the rental for the time being?
@canuk-gal Now that you mentioned the old guy in his undies I can’t get the picture out of my mind of the old guy I saw in the supermarket. There he was reading labels on the bread. It wasn’t a good look! :lol-2:
@missy It sounds like you have been getting cycling in every day…It must have been cold to skip ice cream.
Your niece is such a smart young lady! I can’t believe how tall she is!
@Slickk Did you get your ring yet? I can’t wait to see it! I’ve been thinking of you when the heartbreaking shooting happened at Uvalde. There has to be better protection. I’m sure parents would pay to have police protection. The government should also step in to do their part to keep everyone safe.
Hi to everyone else. XO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy LOL to the weather change making you wonder if you are in Wyoming - if there were gusts over 70 mph - you just might be. Of course our temps drop over 30 degrees immediately after it rains. Rain is COLD here. First time I went somewhere and it got hotter with rain I was quit confused. What's up with hot rain? I bet the wind is different depending on if it's off the ocean or coming in from land. Love the kitties sunbathing in the yard.

@MamaBee I am excited to see my heart diamond earrings. When I ordered them it said delivery probably June 10. They are in production now. I am a sucker for hearts. Marty did good picking out that card. Where are you on your ring upgrades?

I got up bright and early today. I was un-retired for over 5 hours today. We had a late lunch and now I can hopefully goof off the rest of the day. My afghan is being neglected.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy terrific Thursday!

@marcy How's your weather? Ours has multiple personality disorder. What a contrast from the mid 90s of the day before. I prefer cooler no question. Haha yes at times our wind gusts are over 70 mph. It's a roller coaster here weather wise but of course cannot compare to Wyoming. A state that is in a league of its own. :) I am excited to see your heart diamond earrings too. Cannot wait! I bet they are heartlicious. Aww you will get back to your afghan I am sure. One day and one thing at a time. Glad you got so much accomplished yesterday. I always get up bright and early but end up spending an hour or two online and then starting my day lol. Have a wonderful Thursday XO

@MamaBee it's never too cold for ice cream but because of the continuing pandemic it could be too hot since we enjoy it outside. We enjoyed delish ice cream yesterday in the cool weather. I prefer cooler to HOT any day. So pleased your grandson is well and no one else caught it fingers crossed. Nicely done. Hugs

@bling_dream19 sending you many hugs and well wishes. How are you doing?

@Slickk Please hug Bear from me. Speaking of Bear there was a bear sighting in our local park/woods. Greg and I are eagerly looking to catch a sighting as we cycle but so far no luck. By the way what does one do if one sees a black bear? Play dead or act aggressive? I forgot which is correct for a black bear vs a grizzly. I think they are different. Of course the electronic sign alerting us to the bear warning did not specify what kind of bear. Though I am pretty sure we do not get Grizzly bears here lol. Ummm where is this ring others are talking about. Please share. And hugs to you.

@Austina when you come up for air please let us know how it is going. Hugs.

Hi everyone else. We had a cool comfortable ride yesterday. Thunderstorms overnight. Lots of rain. Same for today but thunderstorms are coming earlier around 2PM so we have to head out cycling a bit earlier than usual. I hope everyone enjoys a terrific Thursday. Be safe and well. XOXO

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 6.09.15 AM.png

You cannot see the favor underneath but it was green matcha. OMG so good. I had strawberry on top and green matcha underneath. DELISH. Greg enjoyed his favorite (so far this season) cherry bourbon. Have a sweet and delicious day girls. XOXO

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh ladies. I’ve been gone so long, I feel terrible jumping in like this! And I only have a few minutes before work. I do follow along and hope you don’t mind.
I have 15 days left!!! Could not be more relieved about that!!
@missy and @MamaBee I got bit by the LGD offerings and found a fab ideal lab 3.01 MRB that I’m having DbL place in a tapered bag setting. I’ve kept quiet because I am very nervous and wanted to share after I have it. Which should be this weekend or early next week. You can see the stone in my avatar. I’ll be back with impressions. He certainly operates differently than DK as I’ve had no real input in the setting which makes me apprehensive, but I’m relying on the fact that it’s a classic and much done. Fingers crossed.

@missy gosh we have had black bear sightings in my neighborhood too. I get nervous walking Bear but there’s also foxes and skunks (which I’ve been through with dear Chase). No idea what to do. I’m sure I’d run but I think that’s wrong!!

Hope everyone is doing well this fine June day! Thank you for letting me dip back in! :)

Happy Summer!
Oh, and a quick Bear pic! He’s one year old already!!

4160AAE4-6F21-4780-A10D-63103C009451.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Slickk I‘m so excited for your new ring! I remember you saying it was the same size as Winter…We’ll have ring twins. I’m sure Dbl will do a wonderful job with the setting. I have or had every iteration of a baguette setting. I love them all. I can’t wait for pics!
@missy OMG Bear sightings! I hope you’re both prepared to pedal hard if you see one! I bet the bike would scare him off.
Your ice cream looks delicious. We had ice cream yesterday. It was so darn hot but we ate our dinner outside on the hot patio of the restaurant. We ate out every day at different restaurants since we’ve been here. I’m the police because I go to check out the seating outside..and decide if it’s safe or not. So far all the tables outside are far apart. It was stifling yesterday so it was a little uncomfortable in the heat. We were so happy to be eating outside though.
@marcy David is waiting for me to come back from vacation before he mails me the wax model. I want to make sure..as much as possible..that I’m happy with the design. It’s a simple one but I didn’t want to run into a problem I had with another vendor when it was set so low it shrank my diamond. Winter is larger than Libby so it probably wouldn’t look so small..but I decided I would rather it be a little higher so more of the head is showing..I’m trying not to be nervous because this setting has to be right. I won’t ship Winter again. Once I approve the model I’ll ask David what he estimates the timeline is. I miss her. I’ve been wearing Emmy every day..which I’m really enjoying.
I hope you’ll post a photo of the heart diamonds on your ears. They will be so pretty. What size are they? I have a heart diamond ring that I had David make for Bailey. I love it.
@junebug17 I’m happy your husband is well now. It’s so weird the way the virus skips over people but infects others. So far my son..who spent every minute in the house with Jackson..didn’t get it. We’ll be going back ten days after they left armed with disinfectant. He rolled all over our beds like little ones do..so I have major blanket and comforter washing to do when we get there. I’m just so happy he’s okay.
How are you enjoying being back in SC?
@mrs-b How’s your back doing? When are you leaving for California?
@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well..Don’t you have some new pieces from David? I love your collection.
@canuk-gal I hope our husbands don’t start going out in their underwear when they get older.…My husband is older than yours so he has a head start with getting weird. :lol:
@springerspaniel I hope you are settled into your new job and loving it. Have you been doing anything for fun?
@Austina I hope you’re enjoying the moving process. It’s a lot of work but fun. When you are settled in I hope we can see photos!
It’s so beautiful here in OBX..David is absolutely loving every minute. His father just walks him up the private stairs over the sea wall to the beach. They spend a good amount of time there..then come back..take an outdoor shower and head into the pool. He’s having such a great time that I’m going to have a little moodiness for sure on the way home. We drive back home on Saturday..
*This is edited to say a very good friend of ours got Covid and lost 100% hearing in one ear. She has a loud sound that’s constant in her ear but can’t hear anything else..at all. They are trying to bring back her hearing with rounds of steroids both orally and injections directly into her affected ear. So far nothing is working. The steroids make it impossible for her to sleep. They have her on the last round of steroids..They won’t give her any more. She‘s seen specialists but they aren’t hopeful she will get her hearing back. Has anyone heard of this?
Hugs to everyone..

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo everyone - and happy belated birthday, @marcy! I hope you had a lovely day! I loved your card and I *always* love chocolates!! I eat vegan chocolates, but they're hella expensive, so it's a bit of a trade off and I don't get them often. Have you gotten back to your afghan? I love your knitted pieces!! I LOVE heart diamonds, so am really looking forward to seeing these!

@Austina - congratulations! And I'm glad you were able to get your bed! I can imagine you're flat out right now, but I'm thinking of you and hoping you're in situ very soon. Good luck with it all! How are things going with your car repairs? I hope all is well.

@junebug17 - I'm glad everything is going well with your family and that everyone dodged what I call 'bad covid'. How are you enjoying your time at the coast? Are you still there? And what is the weather like there - hot and muggy or do you get cooling sea breezes?

@Slickk - congratulations on your new ring! I'm *really* looking forward to seeing it! It's a nerve-wracking process, isn't it?! You can join the club with me and @MamaBee - we exchange emails and the general consensus is that we're both pulling our hair out!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAR - you little cutie! Big hugs to him, please. :))

@MamaBee - it sounds like D and S are having a wonderful time! Can you clarify for me where you're up to with the MD house? You move around so much - I don't know how you do it! I'm glad your family seems to be recovered from their covid adventure - will this thing EVER end?? Tim and I are still wearing masks. I wonder if we'll ever take them off.... (guessing no on that!). Any update on Winter?

@springerspaniel - how goes the new job? And how did your presentation last Thursday go? I hope you got a lot of positive feedback and that your icon/hero/role model was suitably impressed. And I've noticed you selling a loooot of things recently - is there an upgrade in the works? Thinking of you, as always. ox

@canuk-gal - we saw Top Gun too, and loved it...almost. Just one problem. There was something wrong with the sound and the music was ROARING loud and swamped the dialogue. I spent a good deal of the movie saying to Tim "What did they say??" Did you have that experience, too? I wondered if there was something wrong with the way the sound was mixed (in which case everyone would have had the same problem) or if it was somehow just our theater. We loved the visuals and the storyline seemed solid - it was just the dialogue. At least there was no daft "I feel the need - the need for speed!" lines, tho, so that was a good thing! I'm glad you've been out cycling - and I hope you're keeping work to 2 days a week! I'm glad your a/c was fixed - now please keep away from gentlemen sunbathing in their undies!!

@missy - thank you so much for the ongoing photo-log of your ice cream indulgences - I live for those photos! I am totally with you re continuing to be be careful in these times - don't you find that most people are just acting like covid has somehow disappeared?? My next door neighbor's 26 year old, totally healthy daughter ended up in hospital with covid 2 weeks ago. She had a massive clot in her leg, and they removed over a liter of fluid from her lungs. They would have removed more except she started to pass out during the procedure. She's feeling better now, but I mean - I am nowhere near 26 and healthy, so it just goes to show how careful you have to be.

How is Greg? And how are you doing? I'm glad to hear you're out and cycling, and this weather is an absolute joy, isn't it? (temps in the 90's aside!!). I'm meant to go back to CA on June 15th, having pushed it back twice, but I'm just not sure. Tim needs to have a biopsy on his lymph nodes, so I don't know how that will play out. They're going to try to do it in the dr's office, but it might end up needing to be the whole surgical route. So we'll see. Hugs to you, AG! ox

As for me - I have some news. I started the adoption process last week, and it looks like Eleanor's and my adoption of each other should be through by the end of August. So that means that by the ripe old age of 62, I will be a mother! <3. We're very excited and hoping that there's no covid hold ups or court closures, etc. I'm looking for a nice gift to give her to commemorate the occasion, but am pulling a blank. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Not jewelry, tho, as she has all she wants at this point in time. Other than that, I'm open to more or less anything.

My back is utter crap right now. Seeing the surgeon in 5 days and will try to have some sort of pain regimen worked out at that point. I'm really hoping that works.

Love to you all!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy, LOL - I think both of our local weather has multiple personality disorder - with some schizophrenia thrown in for a bonus. It actually is decent here today. Maybe near 70 and only breezy. Yay! I am excited to see my earrings too. Glad you and Greg were able to beat the thunderstorms. And cherry bourbon ice cream sounds delicious! For black bears you need to appear as big as possible - a grizzly won’t be impressed by that charade. Scary to see either one of them. Of course Marty always says all he has to do is outrun me. LMAO!

@Slickk, good deal to be counting down the days. I hope you love your beautiful new ring! Hi Bear!

@MamaBee, yes I remember your heart ring. I sure enjoy wearing mine. Definitely it’s good to get exactly what you want for Winter. No matter how long they have your ring, it will seem too long. I am glad you are enjoying wearing Emmy. My earrings are 1/2 carat each. That’s great David is enjoying your vacation and the beach. I am sorry about your friend’s hearing loss, I hope they find her some relief.

@mrs-b I hate to hear you back is utter crap and hope the surgeon can get you some help to reduce the pain. Congratulations on your adoption of Eleanor. I have no idea what gift you could get her. I did have a lovely birthday, thank you. I got several funny birthday cards. A friend gave me one that said “how much have your spent on a good bottle of wine?” With the answer “about 15 minutes”.

I got up well before 7 today, worked until about 12:30 then ordered in lunch for me and a friend. We played cards and then she worked from here for a few hours - while we were playing cards I got a request to work on a last minute article so I got that done before doing my lifting. I am kind of hungry but not real hungry so I sent Marty a text "what's for supper?" but he hasn't answered me yet. I'm sick of what I'm eating so nothing sounds good right now.

Tale care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’ll catch up properly over the w/e, but just popping in to say we’re still alive - just!

Full on pandemonium today, the shades were fitted, the removal truck turned up with 210 labelled items (out of 250), Colin checked them off while I was running around telling them where to put everything. Lots of unpacking to do, they just wanted to get everything off the truck today, and they’ll bring the rest tomorrow and unpack all the boxes.

After they left, we unpacked the wardrobe boxes and our bathroom stuff. So far, everything seems to have arrived in one piece, still waiting on the marble table top and the console top, hopefully all the things in boxes are ok too.

We’re absolutely exhausted, been up since 6am and have only just got back to the Vrbo.

Got good news that Costco also had my washer & dryer out for delivery today, they even arrived early, set everything up and tested it before they left.

Another busy day tomorrow, then as of tomorrow evening, we’ll be living in our new home. Internet is being set up tomorrow evening, so life will be somewhat normal again.

No news on the car repairs, they can’t get the parts, so who knows when it’ll get fixed. One problem at a time, we’ve got enough on our plates ATM.

Keep safe and well everyone.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Not jewelry, tho, as she has all she wants at this point in time. Other than that, I'm open to more or less anything.

I'd give her something that shows she is now part of your family. Perhaps something you got from your mother, even something simple like a vase, or a figurine or something like that. If you don't have that to give to her, how about a photo of you with your parents in a double frame, with a photo of you and her together, showing the continuity and that she belongs in the same frame with you and your family?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd give her something that shows she is now part of your family. Perhaps something you got from your mother, even something simple like a vase, or a figurine or something like that. If you don't have that to give to her, how about a photo of you with your parents in a double frame, with a photo of you and her together, showing the continuity and that she belongs in the same frame with you and your family?

That's a wonderful idea, @Lookinagain - thank you so much!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina you and Colin sure had a whirlwind day! Sounds like a LOT got accomplished today and how wonderful you'll be able to sleep in your new home tomorrow night. Sweet. Congratulations!

Of course that made me think of our moving day. When we moved in here there was 12" of snow on the ground - all our clean, new floors were a mess! You know me and messes - I was so stressed but they cleaned up good. I hung out at our old house and Marty was at the new house directing them with where to put what. They got about 90% of everything moved in about midnight. We still had the outdoor stuff - mowers, flower pots, etc to move but we did that ourselves. Good times.

Marty and I went out for Mexican food for supper - I was good any only ate a few chips and one taco.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY! I keep thinking it's Thursday but I just asked Greg and he assures me it is friday. OMG what happened to Thursday lol.

@marcy lol yes schizophrenic indeed. Yesterday was GORGEOUS and despite predictions no thunderstorms or rain at all. Yay. Today looks to be OK and then a nice weekend. I am doing a forced shed however (spotting again so had to take this measure) so I anticipate severe cramps all weekend. Oh the joy of bleeding and cramping at my age. LOL. But I won't let it stop me I promise you that. I am determined to enjoy cycling and the weekend. I feel so bad for the black bears. I just found out the authorities here are planning to murder them. I am beside myself actually. I was crying when I found out and still feel raw about it. I hate (many) humans. I do. I really hate them. We took their land for more development and they have nowhere to go. It's our fault! Why can't we relocate them. SO UPSET. Sorry I just had to share. I tried to find out if there is anything we can do but it looks like nope. Nothing we can do and nothing will stop them from being murdered. I really do not like human beings. It's true all lives are NOT equal. Animals are far superior to humans in many ways. And their souls are purer in all ways. Bug hugs to you Marcy. Stay safe and be well.

@mrs-b oh I am so excited for you and Eleanor to become officially family. But of course you have been family all along. I love the idea of giving her something meaningful. Something that you own already that she has admired. Sort of like my mom and dad giving me the Cartier Black Opal. It meant so much more to me because it was from their hearts and was theirs originally. I know you don't to give jewelry but that could fit a number of criteria. As @Lookinagain wrote perhaps a beloved photo in a beautiful picture frame. Anything that is special to you and would be even more special if you passed it on to Eleanor. I am so sorry about your back. Gentle hugs and continuing healing vibes. And yes I agree 100%. It seems as if the majority of people have forgotten we are still in a pandemic and it is getting worse. I am so sorry about your neighbor's daughter and hope she makes a full recovery. How awful. UGH. We continue to practice safe measures but I am concerned it will not be enough if most everyone is careless. We still have to go to doctor appointments etc and I keep hearing how doctors offices are coming down with Covid. The entire office. Anyway be well, stay safe and healing vibes continuing. XOXO

@Austina yay for getting everything accomplished slowly but surely. How wonderful you are finally home sweet home. XOXO

@Slickk hello Friday. What a whirlwind week. Big hugs.

@bling_dream19 thinking of you sweet friend and hoping your path is clearer with each day and you are on the road to where you need to be. Big hugs and much love.

@MamaBee I hear you. We will not eat inside any restaurant yet. Just don't feel it is safe. I think we are going to have a hot summer and well, I guess we will make the best of it. I definitely prefer cooler temps over hot any day;. Give me the 60s and I am in bliss. Truth. I know so many love the heat. That isn't me and never will be. But we enjoy each day as it comes as we have no other choice. Have a wonderful weekend and be well. XOXO

GM @springerspaniel I hope all went smoothly with your presentation last week and you are looking forward to a good weekend. XOXO

Hi everyone else. We had a great cycling day. Left early to get back home early to avoid thunderstorms but it never materialized. Which was fine with me. And Greg got to go to Costco for me before dinner since we were home early so a lot was accomplished. Todayand hopefully this weekend is more cycling. Enjoy a wonderful FRiYAY all. XOXO

Leaving you with a beginning of our day photo and end of the cycling day.

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 6.17.11 AM.png

And as we were approaching home Jenny was there and we played with her. As we were leaving she was pulling her mommy towards us as she didn't want us to leave. Awwww. She is too adorable.

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 6.15.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 6.16.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 6.16.17 AM.png

Happy FriYAY!!! XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

gorgeous when I got up--sunny and warm! Then the wind and clouds came up--so no cycling for us. @missy you already know I envy your temps--so not much help to repeat myself. :razz: We have black bears here and the city wildlife crew relocates them.

@mrs-b your news was wonderful! Congrats!! And @Lookinagain idea for a gift was lovely. There were no sound issues during our theatre experience for Top Gun.

@marcy I adore hearts--and I've spent a lot of time looking at them online. I looked at Blue Nile and was surprised at their nice selection. I look forward to seeing yours!!!

@Austina fingers crossed you get everything unpacked in a timely fashion! Such stress and exhaustion moving. And hope everything works well in your beautiful new home!

@MamaBee the underwear thing is mind boggling. I WANT to forget it!!! I know Speedo's are as revealing, but but but....... Enjoy your vacay. Sounds dreamy outside of the 6.5 hour drive. But I am not a good car traveler.

@junebug17 hope your family is well.

@Slickk new stuff your way, yay!!! And thank you for the pooch pic! Feel free to add 1000 more pictures!!! Can't get enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Work was madness yesterday yet for some reason I was on the periphery. Lucky for once? I will resist any more shifts.

We had a lovely lunch out and got a gorgeous take out Japanese meal for tonight. It is almost too beautiful to eat!!!! Got 3 dozen roses for a great price--including one red dozen cuz Mom loved red roses the best (except for the "peace "roses she used to grow...); prolly why I usually gravitate to the "peace" color in cut roses.....the petal doesn't fall too far from the stem....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results