shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! Thank you for all of the love and support everyone. I'm loving this weather and sunny days. I hope everyone is well and happy. Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal I am glad work was not crazy for you and you will resist more shifts. Enjoy beautiful warm weather. I am sending warm weather vibes your way! So about the black bears... the authorities here won't relocate them as they say we have a problem with too many and they would die a cruel horrible death due to starvation. They say there is nowhere we can relocate them due to over crowding with bears. Thirty years ago they were in danger here of becoming extinct and now they say there are too many. This is NOT ok. This is why humans suck. Humans think because we have a superior intellect we can do anything we want without care to other living beings. I won't go on and on about this but it is heartbreaking. As I wrote above all lives are not equal. Animals are superior to humans in many ways. They do not do evil and they have pure souls. Sorry about getting on my soap box but if anyone has any ideas about what I can do besides what we already do (donate to wildlife funds and animal charities) please share. Thanks. And big hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 sending you so much love and healing wishes and all good things. You are on my mind daily. Big hugs.

@Slickk happy weekend to you and your sweet lovely family. Hope you are having a lovely time. XOXO

@mrs-b this is for you. Have a wonderful weekend sweet friend.
Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 6.08.43 AM.png

Hi everyone else. We had a great day cycling after a bit of a bike incident. Something broke on the bike but luckily we were only 5 miles from home at that time. Greg couldn't fix it on the road as he needed a part that was at home. So we slowly and carefully made our way home the 5 miles and Greg took half an hour and fixed the part and we were on our way. TG my DH is so handy. Or the day would have been ruined. And maybe the weekend. TG we stock as many parts as we need. Our bike is heavy and there are 2 people on it (us) so it takes abuse and hard use so it does tend to break down more often than regular bikes or even racing tandems which are lighter. But it is so worth it.

Anyway looking forward to a lovely weekend of riding minus all my cramping and bleeding. LOL. I have put it all in perspective and just hope this forced shed works to stop my daily breakthrough bleeding. Fingers crossed.

Leaving you with a photo of Cleopatra this Caturday Saturday. She rubbed my hand with her face yesterday as we were heading home from the day of cycling. She is a sweetheart and I hope she remains safe. She was in the middle of the street in this photo. Why oh why do her parents let her roam outside. So many predators and cars and dangers all around. Stay safe Cleopatra and that goes for you girls too. Be safe, be well and enjoy a lovely weekend. XOXO

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 6.08.16 AM.png
OMG that face. She is such a purrrrrrty cat. :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - That. Ice. Cream. !!!! Siiiiiigh......

And I love the white stripe on Cleopatra's leg! She looks like she rubbed against something with wet paint on it. :)) I'm glad you were able to cycle yesterday. Same again today? That photo you took of Greg from behind on the bike is wonderful! That should be in a frame - it speaks to so much of your life! Hugs to you! <3

@bling_dream19 - thinking of you every day, as you know. Very chuffed re all your projects - especially the one for your mom, who MUST love it when she sees it! Gonna be goooorgeous!

@Austina - I hope your first 2 nights went well! You must be completely exhausted! I hope you get ALL your boxes - as opposed to my experience - altho we got there in the end. Moving is a special kind of stress all of its own, isn't it? Are you and Colin permanent residents now - ie green card? That's another whole thing.... Thinking of you both and hoping all is going smoothly.

@canuk-gal - I love peace roses, too! Gorgeous! And your three dozen sound wonderful! You can't beat a lovely big bunch of roses. :)) Hoping your weekend is relaxing and fun and filled with good weather!

@Lookinagain - I've chosen a frame - thank you for that lovely idea. I've decided to include 2 photos of Eleanor and me - one from when we first met when she was 4, and one from now. I'm going to do a mother and daughter photo shoot with Eleanor in California when I get back, and will have it done in the same park, sitting on the same bench, where the first photo was taken. I'll also get the bottom of the frame engraved with something to commemorate the event.

Here's the first photo....

Koo and Baby Eleanor - 2005.png

Eleanor and I filled out all our paperwork yesterday, shipped it off with all our info (copies of birth certificates etc) and are scheduled for our interview with our lawyer on Wednesday. She'll make sure she has everything she needs from us, then will fill out our petition to the court. She's hoping to get it submitted before June 18th, when she goes on vacation. After that, it takes about 8 weeks for the court to review it and make an appt with a judge, who signs off on it for us. She will also submit an application for a new birth certificate, which will list me as one of Eleranor's parents, and Eleanor's new name. Eleanor is adding my maiden name as one of her middle names, so that was something unexpected and very lovely. :)) She'll still have her dad's last name as her last name, but her two middle names are both mother's maiden names. Very cool. :))

Hoping you're all having a terrific weekend! NIRDI shoutout! ox

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I love the idea of the "then" and "now" photos. Best of luck with the adoption process. I hope that it is speedy and uneventful. And adding your maiden name as a middle name is truly a way to honor you as her mother. Congratulations.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I love the idea of the "then" and "now" photos. Best of luck with the adoption process. I hope that it is speedy and uneventful. And adding your maiden name as a middle name is truly a way to honor you as her mother. Congratulations.

<3

Thanks T.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this @mrs-b! The idea of the frame with the photos of the beginning of your relationship and now is just perfect. ❤️❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We’re driving home from North Carolina so I can’t take my eyes off the road. S is driving! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend. Pray we get home safely! :eek2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re driving home from North Carolina so I can’t take my eyes off the road. S is driving! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend. Pray we get home safely! :eek2:

I am *literally* praying you get home safely!!

And thanks for your kind comments re the photos - I think a mother-daughter photo shoot will be so much fun! :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am *literally* praying you get home safely!!

And thanks for your kind comments re the photos - I think a mother-daughter photo shoot will be so much fun! :))

Thank you @mrs-b! It worked! We’re home!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!!! Happy Sunday!!!

@mrs-b awww I LOVE that precious photo and am so excited and happy for you! Biggest hugs and so much love. May this be the beginning of all things wonderful for you! XOXO

@MamaBee bucketloads of safe driving dust and I hope you arrived safely. Have a wonderful day and big hugs.

@bling_dream19 what a glorious weekend. Hope you are having a blast and enjoying every moment my sweet friend. (((HUGS)))

@Slickk I hope all is going smoothly with your family and life is treating you well. Big hugs to you and Bear. And he is so adorable. OMG that photo you shared here. LOVE.

Hi everyone else! I hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend.
We had a great cycling day yesterday and the temps were purrrfect. High of 72F with a cool but gentle breeze and dry too. Just delightful. Today is more of the same. Yay. And it is gay pride day parade today in Asbury so we shall be cycling by and will check it out. I am not a parade person but I wholeheartedly support gay rights.

Have a super Sunday girls. Enjoy, be well and stay safe. XOXO

Momma and baby Osprey in nest.

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 5.48.38 AM.png

And of course our creamy sweet delight from yesterday. Yummmm.

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 5.48.10 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

Brisk outside today--had rain overnight. No cycling. Did have a nice walk yesterday and am very happy to report I saw NO sunbathers in their undies.

Had a lovely evening out for supper last night --was dressed to the nines!! Felt nice. Quiet day today--just making Sunday supper. Beef tenderloin and poutine.

cheers--Sharon

Q

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy (how did it get here so fast) Monday!

@bling_dream19 hugs and more hugs and bucketloads of healing vibes. I had a dream about you last night and it was good news! XOXO

@Slickk another work week but soon, very soon, much deserved time off and I cannot wait to hear how you are spending vacation. Big hugs.

@canuk-gal glad you enjoyed a lovely dinner out the other night and got dressed up. I forget what that feels like lol and happy you got to do that. Also walking when the weather is brisk is always a nice change. I fear we will not have brisk weather again anytime soon. Summer is here. Though the mornings are quite nice in the 60s F. My favorite temps with low humidity. Have a lovely week. XOXO

@MamaBee hope you enjoyed a terrific weekend and everyone is 100% healthy and doing well. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

@Austina hope the new house is shaping up and you are pleased with everything. Big hugs and good wishes being sent your way.

@marcy I hope you had a good weekend and were busy in fun activities.
How's your afghan coming along? Hugs.

Hi everyone else.
Yesterday was another glorious weather day and we cycled our hearts out. Which is a good thing and hopefully will hold us over as after today I believe there's lots and lots of rain coming our way.

Have a marvelous Monday girls.
May it be as sweet as you are.
XOXO

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 6.00.56 AM.png

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@springerspaniel - how goes the new job? And how did your presentation last Thursday go? I hope you got a lot of positive feedback and that your icon/hero/role model was suitably impressed. And I've noticed you selling a loooot of things recently - is there an upgrade in the works? Thinking of you, as always. ox

I appreciate everyone's asking about the new job. Still better than the old one except for the pay and benefits, but one thing at a time, right? I found out 2 more docs left the hospital last month, which was a surprise to me. My presentation went OK, and no one said I was a dumbass. I think we have another meeting coming up to discuss collaboration in more detail. @mrs-b, I sure do wish I was selling things to finance an upgrade, but so far all of this is going to the "Feed Freddie and Clyde" Foundation for hungry springers. 20th anniversary is next year, though, but I am thinking along the lines of another trip to the southern hemisphere--either Tasmania again or NZ. I am so happy for you moving forward with your adoption! Eleanor is such a lucky young woman to have you in her life. How is your back pain right now? I am sending out all my best love and energy to you and Tim.

@Austina congrats on how far along you are with the house!!!! Please keep the pictures coming.

@missy I continue to adore your cat pictures and am keeping up with your biking adventures. I may be coming to Manhattan next fall for work, so a meet-up could be possible!!

@canuk-gal I LOVE peace roses--they are among my favorites as well.

@Slickk Bear is adorable, as always!!

@marcy I love the rabbit card--you guys are so playful with each other.

To all the other NIRDIs--I will catch up again soon. Just wanted to let everyone know I am still hanging in there. I am on the post gum surgery diet, and somehow my husband does not believe that I don't mind eating plain oatmeal a few times a day. His 97 yo mother died last weekend. He did not want to drive up to her place, but I figured there was a time for being more pushy than mushy, if you know what I mean, and I said that we should go on Friday to see her. I am glad we did, because she was gone by next morning. Hospice did a wonderful job helping her be comfortable. Memorial service is this coming weekend. We miss her. Hug your loved ones!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just enjoying a slight lull in the activities :lol:

Congratulations @mrs-b, I’m so pleased for you and Eleanor.

So happy you‘re enjoying good cycling weather @missy, and yum to ice cream. It’s going to be over 100 every day this week :shock:.

Yay to dressing up and enjoying a night out @canuk-gal, I bet it felt good to be ‘normal’ again.

I‘m sure no one thought you were a dumbass @springerspaniel, and I’m glad the job is going well. A big trip sounds like a great way to celebrate your 20th!

Sounds like you all had a lovely time @MamaBee and phew to getting home safely.

Great suggestion @Lookinagain, that sounds absolutely perfect.

Hi @bling_dream19 hope all is well with you.

I hope you’re not working too hard @marcy, don’t forget you’re retired!

I hope I haven’t missed anyone, but I’m absolutely shattered, we’ve been working non stop getting the house straight. Games room furniture is arriving tomorrow, then we’re more or less done, just got to get a bed for the main guest room.

I’ll take photos later in the week, but we’re really pleased with the house.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Austina I'm so happy you both are happy! Moving is such hard work!!! Luckily you don't need to get that bed right away (unless I am coming next week!!! LOL).

@springerspaniel I can't imagine you being anything but professional!

@missy no cycling, as thundershowers today. Glad you got out and about tho...

@marcy I'm looking forward to seeing your earrings and finished afghan.

Laundry day today. Way too time consuming (I did ski jackets etc etc) but as it was rainy good to get it done. I'm firmly resisting the calls for more work. Funny I don't feel as guilty about saying no (like I always have). Got some coupons in the mail for my favorite burger place--burger and onions rings in my future!!!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate everyone's asking about the new job. Still better than the old one except for the pay and benefits, but one thing at a time, right? I found out 2 more docs left the hospital last month, which was a surprise to me. My presentation went OK, and no one said I was a dumbass. I think we have another meeting coming up to discuss collaboration in more detail. @mrs-b, I sure do wish I was selling things to finance an upgrade, but so far all of this is going to the "Feed Freddie and Clyde" Foundation for hungry springers. 20th anniversary is next year, though, but I am thinking along the lines of another trip to the southern hemisphere--either Tasmania again or NZ. I am so happy for you moving forward with your adoption! Eleanor is such a lucky young woman to have you in her life. How is your back pain right now? I am sending out all my best love and energy to you and Tim.

@Austina congrats on how far along you are with the house!!!! Please keep the pictures coming.

@missy I continue to adore your cat pictures and am keeping up with your biking adventures. I may be coming to Manhattan next fall for work, so a meet-up could be possible!!

@canuk-gal I LOVE peace roses--they are among my favorites as well.

@Slickk Bear is adorable, as always!!

@marcy I love the rabbit card--you guys are so playful with each other.

To all the other NIRDIs--I will catch up again soon. Just wanted to let everyone know I am still hanging in there. I am on the post gum surgery diet, and somehow my husband does not believe that I don't mind eating plain oatmeal a few times a day. His 97 yo mother died last weekend. He did not want to drive up to her place, but I figured there was a time for being more pushy than mushy, if you know what I mean, and I said that we should go on Friday to see her. I am glad we did, because she was gone by next morning. Hospice did a wonderful job helping her be comfortable. Memorial service is this coming weekend. We miss her. Hug your loved ones!

I am sorry for your loss but am thankful for her wonderful care in hospice. Healing vibes across the miles....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy oh no for doing a forced shed again; I hope it wasn’t too bad for you. Glad you got in lots of cycling this weekend. Like @canuk-gal we get bears and mountain lions in town but the Game and Fish tranquilizes them and relocates them. Glad to hear Greg was able to fix the bike and it was close to home. Smart to keep parts on hand. And your ice cream looks delicious! I did have a good and a busy weekend. My afghan is getting big to spin around to start the next row - I am almost through skein #4. Those 7 oz. Skeins seem to last a long time.

@canuk-gal good deal you avoided the madness at work. The red roses sound lovely and I am glad you enjoyed lunch and take out dinner. I am glad to hear you like hearts too. Yes, Blue Nile has a nice selection but they didn’t have pairs. When I was looking for my EC studs I looked at ID Jewelry because then you could download their selections in to a spreadsheet - it made it easy to sort by size (or other specs) to find a matching set. Right now my earrings are listed as expected to ship on the 13th. That’s a bonus you didn’t see any sunbathers in their undies! Good for you resisting saying yes to going in to work! Sweet to get a coupon for your favorite burger place.

@bling_dream19 I am glad to hear you are enjoying lovely weather.

@mrs-b I love the picture of you and Eleanor and what a fabulous idea of the 2 pictures as a gift for her. That is perfect and priceless. I am so happy for both of you.

@MamaBee I am relieved to hear you made it home safely. When Marty’s driving makes me nervous I take magazines to read - keeps me from getting stressed. He is a good drive but drives like he stole my car.

@springerspaneil that is great the new job is better than the last one. That’s great your presentation went okay. What a relief to have it behind you, too. I am so sorry to hear about your DH’s mother. That is nice you went to see her last week. Having a nice hospice is such a comfort too. Big hugs to you and your DH.

@Austina are your settled in yet? I will look forward to the pictures. I am sure you and Colin are exhausted but glad to hear you are loving your gorgeous new house. I don’t think I can say I’m retired anymore.

I worked way too much for a retired person on Friday and today. Marty moved in to his new gym this weekend. He had several clients come in Saturday to help carry everything over to the new gym (they are side by side). Marty was there quite late and then went back early Sunday morning. A couple came in and helped him do more on Sunday morning and they at least got it functional. He still has a lot of little things to do but the larger space is really nice.

Marty has a pulled muscle in his back that really kicked up on Friday. Poor guy is in a lot of pain and then had to move his gym all weekend. He called his doctor to get some muscle relaxers but I don’t think it’s helping me much. And he is stubborn (unlike me ha ha) and won’t try some topical pain relief. I am trying not to hover but I feel bad for him.

I lifted this afternoon and haven’t had a moment to knit yet today. It’s almost 10 pm too. Phooey.

Take care.
Marcy

Pretty sunset colors tonight.

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 4

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Tuesday! Sorry for the quick post and run and I promise I’ll come back later today or tomorrow when I have more time. But just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful day. And get your opinion. Please excuse the nightgown. Yay or nay?

E3164BD2-1744-4908-815C-0FFABE854481.jpeg

96175DF8-E86A-462F-BB36-78B6E9D11339.jpeg

Have a wonderful day girls ♥️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel I am so sorry for your loss.
My deepest condolences you, your dh, and the entire family.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! Happy Tuesday! Sorry for the quick post and run and I promise I’ll come back later today or tomorrow when I have more time. But just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful day. And get your opinion. Please excuse the nightgown. Yay or nay?

Definitely yay @missy! You look beautiful! You also look around sixteen years old! Truth!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! I hope everyone is happy and healthy! I just wanted to pop in to say hi. We have construction people here today. It’s been nonstop since we got back from OBX.
My Winter reset is coming in a week!
XOXO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I hope everyone is happy and healthy! I just wanted to pop in to say hi. We have construction people here today. It’s been nonstop since we got back from OBX.
My Winter reset is coming in a week!
XOXO

Yay. you look great.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee i can’t wait to see Winter in its new setting.

Looks like everyone had a busy day. I worked over 7 hours but took about 2 hours out of my day to meet a friend for lunch. I did knit a bit tonight. That afghan is getting long.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Wonderful Wednesday!

@marcy wow your afghan is coming along even with you being a busy bee. Good for you. I am glad you got to take 2 hours our of your busy bee schedule to meet a friend for lunch. Yes, if Greg wasn't so handy I doubt we'd be long distance cyclists. Takes way too much maintenance so one must be handy or grounded most of the time lol. Oh no poor Marty. I hope he is feeling much much better today. Nowadays I tend to hurt myself in my sleep. Unreal. I wake up and often something got strained somehow overnight. Gotta laugh. Aging aint for sissies. Nope. Thanks for the kind comments and the yay vote. Hugs.

@springerspaniel thank you. The glasses are Warby Parker. I get all my glasses from them since they are so reasonably priced and my RX is pretty high. I have about 20 pairs lol. And don't ask how many sunglasses. They are an accessory I enjoy changing depending on what I am wearing that day. I am so glad your new job is leaps and bounds better than your previous job. You really deserve a good workplace and a good quality of life. You have devoted your life to helping others and you deserve the best. XOXO

@MamaBee aww you are too kind. LOL 16. I wouldn't even want to be that age again. But I would be happy at 35 again. That's a great age. OOOhhhh Winter reset is almost here...so exciting. Please share with us as soon as it arrives. You know we are living vicariously through you and @Slickk and @bling_dream19 and the other NIRDIS who are blinging out re bling purchases. How is the construction coming along? XOXO

@canuk-gal I don't care for thunderstorms at all. And we are getting some in our forecast this week. I hope your thunderstorms are over and in its wake bright and sunny and warm skies. Thank you for your lovely compliment. I never think about my age truthfully. In my head I am still young. As we all are. And that is where it counts most IMO. Big hugs and hope your workweek is going smoothly leaving you time for cycling fun and other fun. XOXO

OMG @Austina that is very hot. Hopefully you enjoy the heat and it won't be too oppressive. And even more hopefully the AC keeps on working. I remember my friends who live in Fla said they go from one AC place to another when it is really hot out. They just cannot be outside. TG for AC. Hope all is going smoothly and the house is shaping up exactly how you want it to be. Hugs.

@Slickk hope you are having a great workweek. Halfway to the weekend now practically. Big hugs.

Hi everyone else. We had a great cycling day yesterday and today I am not sure. Rain tomorrow and Greg's heart appointments too so it's no riding tomorrow for sure. And then more rain is coming perhaps. We shall see. Anyway I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and I am sending you big hugs.

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 6.11.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 6.11.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 6.10.58 AM.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!
So frustrated! I was taking today off, (my second day off all year!) to wait for my ring. It ended up going to Massachusetts rather than just the one hour up to me. Ugh!!
Also, this is a cute aside I just realized last night. The center diamond is 3.01 and the baguettes are .39. I swear. That adds up to 3.4 total. Guess how many years we're married this Sunday?!?! Yup!! 34 years!! I was a child bride lol!
Anyway, gotta go! Off to work since delivery today doesn’t look likely! Booo!
Have a fab day all!!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope Greg’s appointment goes well today. Did he get an echo?
You look so young in that photo..Whatever you are doing to keep yourself looking young..It’s working! It must be the cycling in that fresh air!
I just love your photos..I feel like I’m there..Talking about photos..I can now share the photos of the house we stayed in..with just the three of us. I actually have videos but I’ll try to screenshot them. The water view was gorgeous. I thought of the view from your house every time I looked out the window.
Have you decided what to do about a fourth vaccine?
Today is ice cream day..We call it Brusters Wednesday..:lol: I’m picking my mom up today too...She can’t have ice cream so I bought her an Amish made blueberry pie to have before we go so she doesn’t feel left out. She enjoys the ride there and back though..
@Austina I hope you are really happy in your new house. I can’t wait to see photos! :kiss2:
@marcy You‘ve been working a lot! I’m glad you took time out to have lunch with your friend.
What are you going to do with the new afghan you’re knitting now?
Ouch to Marty’s back hurting. It must be awful to still move the things for his gym with it hurting..I hope it heals soon.
David said my ring will be ready in about a week. I was excited..but now I’m worried because I hurt my finger pulling off a tight ring. It’s so swollen I’m wearing my grandma‘s size 9 ring on that finger instead of the 6.25-6.5 size I usually wear. The new ring is being done in size 6.75 because I never want to resize the ring again..I won’t be able to even try it on when I get it! I’m hoping I didn’t permanently damage my finger. I’m so mad at myself.
@Slickk I was just going to post to ask if you got your ring. Did you get photos of the finished ring? ;)2
Happy Anniversary!
@canuk-gal That‘s great you are leaving time away from your job to have some fun.
I loved seeing your gorgeous rings on the other thread.
@springerspaniel I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s mom….It was good that you got to see her before she passed.
What a relief it must be to be working in a place that values you. You deserve that.
@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well..Did you have a nice weekend? I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already!
Hi to everyone else.
The construction people will be here soon..ugh

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

A definite YAY :dance: @missy, you look fabulous! Fingers crossed that Greg’s appt goes well. He’s such a handy man, and thank goodness for that with all the trials and tribulations you go through. Yes, the a/c is working (mostly) fine. The unit of the l/h side of the house isn’t working properly, it’s running a little warmer, but the new valve has been ordered, and I think they’re coming next Wednesday to fix it. Fortunately our bedroom is on the r/h side of the house, so it’s not affecting us too much.

I’m so sorry @springerspaniel, I’m glad you got to see your MIL before she passed, what a grand age she was.

How frustrating @Slickk, hopefully your beautiful ring turns up soon, so we can all enjoy it :)

Will icing your finger help @MamaBee? I’m normally a 6.5 but had Bella sized to 6.75 so that I don’t ever have to have her resized again. I wear my wedding band over so she doesn’t slip off.

@junebug17, do you have something to share with us, or have I got the wrong end of the stick? I hope your DH is fully recovered now and doesn’t have any lasting effects from Covid.

Honestly @marcy, you’re letting the side down :lol: You’re not supposed to be working so hard now you’re retired. I hope Marty’s back isn’t too sore. Wow, you’re going to have your afghan finished in no time.

Yay to a more balanced life/work @canuk-gal. Did your emerald (?) ring get reset?

As for us, it’s been pretty full on, but hopefully things are starting to slow down a bit now. We’ve had more or less all the deliveries we’ve been expecting, just some outdoor furniture to come. Still a few things to be done in the house, the a/c valve, one of the marble sink tops is being replaced today because it’s warped, the missing light fitting is coming next week and the games room fan is being installed then too. Other than that, things are really shaping up, and looking great (IMVHO). Colin is busy organising things like the security system, and service contracts for the a/c, septic etc., just waiting on the pool permit, then they’re ready to go.

Will post photos soon, the days are just whizzing by.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy my afghan is really getting big. I worked on it a while last night. I do really like those glasses on you; some glasses just seem to work better than others. I kind of like my new ones; my last pair were too big for my face. Definitely getting old isn't for sissies - I totally understand the how the heck can you get sore sleeping? I have gotten so even if I get up to go to the little PS room I set on the edge of the bed for a minute so I don't stand up too fast and get dizzy. You and Greg would certainly stay close to home if he wasn't so handy at repairing the bike. Heck, he seems to be handy at almost everything. Oh and you know me - how many pairs of sunglasses do you have? I couldn't resist that. Beautiful swan pictures and mmm ice cream. Good luck to Greg at his appointment tomorrow.

@Slickk see that was meant to be on your ring adding up that way. Happy anniversary! Darn it was shipped to the wrong place. When will you get it then?

@MamaBee nice to be going out for ice cream today and picking up your mother for the trip. Enjoy some delicious ice cream. I hate to hear you hurt your finger and i hope the swelling goes down. I need to have all my rings sized and sure dread sending my ring off to WF but wouldn't trust anyone else to do it. Right now I am careful to wear them where if they fall off I won't lose them. Hopefully! I did buy a package of those little plastic sizers so I have those if it gets too bad. Good luck with having the construction workers in the house, I hate the noise and mess but sometimes it is necessary.

@Austina you definitely live where you need a functioning AC. Glad the one by your bedroom is working okay. Our old house didn't have AC when we had it built so in the summer we'd go run the AC in our camper and hang out in there. We had AC put in finally though so that was nice. Growing up here most homes didn't have AC since the summer is so short. I don't think I can say I'm retired anymore. I quit after 5 hours today. I think the boss has figured out I'm the type if you give me something to do, I will do it NOW! My list is growing. Heck it looks like they even want me to help train one of the scientists that joined the team on how to use Word Press and update articles. That's great things are settling down and you can start to relax and enjoy your beautiful new home. I am anxious to see pictures.

I got up at 5 am to see all 5 bright planets at once. I think I'll start a post on it but if you look about 45 minutes before sunrise you can see from the sunrise direction to the southern sky - Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter then Saturn. Jupiter and Venus are bright, Mercury is low but pretty bright. Mars and Saturn take a moment for your eyes to locate. It's kind of rare to see all 5 planets at the same time and ironically they are in the same are they are from the sun. Don't forget planet #6 below your feet. Ha Ha.

Then I couldn't really go back to sleep until about the time to get up. I worked until a little while ago stopping to make lunch for us. Thank you all for the well wishes on Marty's back. He seems a little bit better today. I can tell he is still hurting though by the way he moves and walks. It seems like he is dropping things so I am quick to try and pick it up for him. My joke is I'm closer to the floor - let me get that for you.

I've been calling around doing a change of address for the gym. The Chamber of Commerce lady was really nice and said you know you are a member too since your husband belongs so she is going to send me invitations to all of their events. She peaked my interest at free drinks. Ha Ha.

I did mange to get a few macro shots today of one of the few flowers we having blooming. These flowers are the only ones we planted doing well so far. I really like the colors in them. Our trees are finally blooming. It must be summer; we even had corn on the cob for lunch.

My earrings are STILL in production. We've got 2 deliveries this week from UPS and I told Marty right away - nope - that box is too big for my earrings. They are signs for the gym. He had to order new ones because they are decals and don't do well pulling them off and trying to put them on somewhere else.

Take care.
Marcy

Today's flower
Flowersxx.jpg

Buttons is supposedly hiding from me. Marty said he is scared of me because I'm evil.
Buttons.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results