carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Every cloud @MamaBee! At least you were able to use your enforced stay and get things done. Is there a local charity that helps struggling families, or maybe the Salvation Army who could come and take the rugs? It would save you having to haul them back to Pa. I only kept the rugs I knew I'd be using in the new house and gave the rest away on the local FB free site. Hope you've had a safe journey home.

Wow @marcy, it's looking great, and I'm not surprised you've decided to keep this one for yourself, a lovely neutral colour that'll go with everything. Yep, for a retired person you're certainly putting in the hours.

I would love to have white furniture and white rugs @missy, but they're just not compatible with big hairy dogs, or sticky little fingers :lol: I actually like the silver grey the sofa came in, but decided that the slate would be the better option with Bertie and the baby. It's also a microfibre fabric which should be easy to wipe down. I hope you managed to get in a good ride before your medical appt.

Glad you've had a some good weather to enjoy @canuk-gal, at the risk of repeating myself, it's in the high 80's here again today.

I hope things work out for you with the ring @junebug17, it's a real stunner!

Sending good thoughts your way @mrs-b and hoping you and Tim are both doing well.

We FT our friends this morning, and it was nice enough weather that they were sitting out in their garden. They've been having problems with their water heater, and were without hot water for nearly 2 weeks :eek-2:

We did the food shopping this morning, picked a good time to go as it wasn't too busy.

I finally managed to order a fridge today, I was getting really worried as I couldn't find anything yesterday for delivery anytime soon. For some strange reason, the one I found on Costco I couldn't add to my basket yesterday, but today - no problem. All booked for delivery and installation on the 1st. What a relief. They couldn't guarantee that the bed we want will be delivered at the same time, or whether I could pick the day I want, so I'm leaving that for another week, and keeping my fingers crossed they still have it.

Sending big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy good deal that you and Greg beat the storms. Our storms were all talk and no action. Same today - storm clouds “blow” in, we get thunder then they moved along. LOL - I would have to agree that I am not retired anymore. I hope your hematology appointment went well. Love seeing your living room picture again. Mmm ice cream.

@MamaBee sounds like your storms were all talk and no action too. Yes, rugs are heavy. The one we have in our entry way kind of slides and I was never able to pick it up and move it - I can now. You need Marty and his clients to stop by - it could be part of the training for the day. It’s nice to know people with lots of muscles. I see @Austina gave you some suggestions on the rugs; I donated some of my parents stuff to a local habitat for humanity. Most places will come get things from you for free.

@Austina I definitely like that color of yarn with our furniture. It goes with everything. I’ve been knitting so much lately my fingers are achy. I’m quitting for the night. I only worked 2 1/2 hours today. I kind of had a headache most of the day after my root canal part 2. I feel bad for your friends being without a water heater for 2 weeks. Cold showers are not fun. Nice you got your refrigerator ordered; I hope you get the bed you want ordered as well.

I started my day getting a root canal so the rest of the day was all downhill from there. Yay, that is behind me. I need to make an appointment next to get that crown restored. I had yogurt, applesauce and pudding for lunch and mashed potatoes and ice cream for supper. I did snack on a cheese stick in the afternoon. Marty was eating tortilla chips a while ago and I called him a show off.

Beautiful sunset tonight - I went back in my office and watched it. I don’t have a nice view or horizon in that direction tho so I didn’t get a picture. Besides I must have hundreds of sunrise / sunset pictures by now.

Take care.
Marcy

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy - I'm glad your root canal is behind you. I hope you're feeling better very soon. Your new afghan is looking just gorgeous! I never cease to be amazed how productive you are, given that you're now "an old, retired woman"!! :mrgreen:

@Austina - what sort of fridge did you end up buying? All our appliances here are....Bosch, I think? We need a new microwave and I've been putting it off, I can't deny it. The photos of your kitchen are spectacular.

@canuk-gal - well done re cycling! What sort of 'non-traditional' garb do you like? How is your week shaping up - many days of work? And I'm very glad to hear your temps are more respectable now!!

@MamaBee - I am waiting with the proverbial baited breath for your Winter re-set! I hope it's everything you dream of. The devil is in the details with this sort of thing, so I hope all the details turn out as you hope. And well done on doing a clean out! Tim and I emptied a bunch of trash from our garage and basement, including big rugs. They're a bear of a thing to get rid of, aren't they! Very unwieldy.

@missy - that plant you got your mother is...:o I absolutely LOVE it! I hear you re wanting things to stay shiny and new. We battle continual entropy with our dogs - great, big, hairy bags of dirt that slobber and track in loads of mud every day of their lives! How did your hematology appt go? I know you won't have the results back yet, but I hope the test, at least, was painless. I know we all say it here all the time, but I really DO wish you'd get some useful results! Hugs to you, my friend!

@springerspaniel - I'm thinking of you in your new job, next to your window, with your potted plant, and hoping things are going well for you. Big hugs to you as you commence this next chapter of your life. Touch base when you can and fill us in on your progress. Good luck!

@bling_dream19 - thank you for the lovely chat this evening - it was awesome! :))

Things here have been....active. We tried to buy a block of land in Australia but were outbid at the last moment. Tim and I went out to breakfast this morning and, seeing how flat I was feeling, he suggested I buy the side stones for my Beloved solitaire. The plan was always for it to be a 3-stone - I just didn't think so soon!! DKJ is also currently working on a gorgeous locket for me, so I'm very excited on the jewelry front!

My back continues to be a problem (a big one!), but I do all that I can to push through the discomfort. Tuesday and Wednesday this week were particularly horrible, and I spent the days curled up and drugged up - hoping it would pass. But it did, and the relief was immense.

I'm not managing much exercise these days as it's just not feasible with my spine, but I'm making a point of getting up and doing a few hundred steps every hour, so by the end of the day, I'm always over 5,000. I feel like that's pretty good, given my health situation, and I'm really trying hard to stay upright, mobile, and to have a life I love.

We're currently planning some house maintenance - painting most of indoors, replacing the back door, carpeting our bedroom, putting some wood flooring down in the basement, re-seeding all the bare patches in the back yard and - finally! - putting in a/c. We have quite the list for the next 2 years, which includes re-finishing some of the cheap and nasty woodwork in the house with a much higher quality finish, gas heaters, a generator, a front porch, a pergola off the back of our garage, all new fences, light wells in the basement, and an in-ground plunge pool / hot tub. If we can afford it, we'll also enclose our verandah so it can be used as an exercise room.

So - lots of fun projects on the horizon and plenty to keep me occupied!

Love and hugs to you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
096DDF2D-332C-472E-86EA-D4D75562BC27.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm married to such a funny guy. He bear-napped Buttons and took him to the gym.

He said he is "ego" lifting and now Marty thinks he's dead.
Buttons bar.jpg

Then he said - he's fine:
Buttons 2.jpg

1652913374228.jpeg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks for the chuckle @marcy, I need it!

We were in a car accident this morning on our way to the house, so now we have yet another problem to deal with. We’re OK, the car isn’t.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about your accident @Austina I am glad you are both okay.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty is out of control. 1652915622368.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to do a collage with Marty's comments. Hopefully they will give you all a good chuckle.
Buttons at gym.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Obviously Marty is bored this afternoon. He's at the gym for 3 more hours - who knows what shenanigans will befall poor Buttons.

@mrs-b speaking of being bored - I guess I don't like being bored which is why I keep myself busy. I worked over 5 hours today. I need to get more practice at taking other news stories and editing them for our site. I worry I am slow at it. This is about the 4th one I've done and the proofer didn't change hardly anything. Yay. She added a few pictures and links but not much else. Darn that you didn't get the land you wanted; I hope you find another parcel you like and naturally it will be a better deal and piece of land! Sweet you can look at making your ring a 3 stone. I often hold up my studs by my solitaire and say "ooh". I do the same with my EC ring and studs. I am glad you have jewelry projects in the works. I am sorry to hear your back is still causing you so much pain; you are doing awesome getting in that many steps every day. Moving is a positive thing. Big hugs to you. You will certainly be busy doing those projects around the house. Good luck with that! My mouth feels fine today, thank you. I will get the crown restored next Tuesday. Yay.

We are having another lovely summer like day but there is SNOW in the forecast starting tomorrow night. That reminds me I need to wander over and get our mail. The storm moving in is bringing back high winds.

I worked most of the day until this afternoon. I had a PBJ for supper - that's soft food. Followed up by some ice cream.

Take care.
Marcy

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy - Wait....SNOW??? You've got to be kidding...!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy terrific Thursday!

@Austina oh I am so sorry. Thank goodness you are all OK. That is the only thing that matters. I know you know that but I also know the stress of the accident can be great. Sending you gentle hugs and glad everyone's OK. Yay for ordering a fridge. I know some appliances are back ordered and challenging to get due to supply issues. Glad you aren't having any challenges with that.

@marcy what? Snow? OMG. It's going to be in the 90s here this weekend. Guess what? I'd switch with you. :lol: I love the collage with Marty's comments. Hysterical. Thank you for the laugh. PB&J and ice cream is good anytime any day anywhere any way. Sign me up.

@mrs-b darn. I am sorry you got outbid for that land in Australia. I was already envisioning Greg and I and the kitties setting up house there. More healing back vibes to you sweet friend. The hematology appointment was useless unfortunately. I won't go into details as I don't want bore you but it went as I thought it would. OMG for your projects in the works. SO exciting. I cannot wait to see. And fwiw, I think you are doing GREAT. You are dealing with very challenging circumstances and excelling. You are amazing and remember that. Always. Praying you get relief very soon.

@bling_dream19 big hugs and lots of love. One day at a time.

@Slick1 hope the week is going smoothly and everyone is well.

@springerspaniel our tree is looking gorgeous. I will take another pic soon.

@MamaBee hope the trip back was smooth going and everyone is doing well.

@canuk-gal hope you are getting more cycling in and that work is treating you well.

Hi everyone else. Hope my NIRDI friends are having a good week and all is well.

We had a good week cycling every day so far. It's raining now but hoping it will clear late morning so we can go cycling. Tomorrow Greg has a cardiologist appointment and it's sort of far away. It's in the late afternoon so we are planning on cycling tomorrow and then going to the cardiologist. Just hoping we can cycle today. We shall see. Rain rain go away..come back...NEVER. :)
JK we need rain sometimes. Just not as much as we tend to get it.

Have a terrific Thursday girls. Sending you lots of love.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 7.17.50 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! I hope everyone is going to have a great day!
@Austina I’m so relieved to hear you and Colin are okay! I missed your post yesterday. My heart went into my mouth when I just read Missy’s post that you had an accident. I know you don’t need this extra stress..but you and Colin are okay. That’s all that matters..
@missy I’m sorry your hematology appointment went as you expected. If things went smoothly it would be a shock..I’m sure. It would be wonderful if you and the doctors would be on the same page. I’m hoping you find a doctor that you can work with to solve it all for you.
I hope Greg’s appointment with the cardiologist is just a routine screening visit.
You and Greg must have leg muscles of steel! It’s great you were able to get out every day this week so far.
I’m crazy because I love rain. It just calms me..Of course if I lived near the ocean that would be better. :kiss2:
Today is ice cream day. I’m picking up my mom to get ice cream at Brusters. Chris will also come. I’m so boring. My favorite is chocolate chip….vanilla ice cream with huge chocolate shavings in it..Yum!
@marcy I loved seeing the photo collage. You and Marty are such a cute couple!
@mrs-b I‘m sorry you were outbid on the land. Hopefully another one will come on the market that you love even better..
I hear you on not posting cads...especially if it’s a new design. Mine is more traditional..but I decided not to post them either..I got influenced so many times on design elements which made me make the wrong decision for me. I see so many designs on PS that I love..but I also see many that I don’t love. I would never tell someone that but I have to take opinions lightly because everyone’s taste is different.
I‘m so excited for the both of us! It will be fun to hear your updates..
I always wanted a three stone..but I didn’t want to give up my desire to get my tapered baguette ER. When I got my emerald cut three stone..Emmy…it just filled in what I wanted in my collection. Winter is in Indianapolis the last time I checked. I’m waiting with baited breath until David lets me know he has it.
You sound like you have a lot of house design to look forward to! Right now I’m just getting needed repairs on both houses. When we buy our house in Virginia I will be ripping out bathrooms and a kitchen if I have to get what I want..S is prepared..:lol-2:
Hi to everyone else..It’s a busy day again..xoxo

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - how are you feeling today? Any aches and pains?

And - how bad is your car? Is it repairable? I'm so sorry about the accident - hugely unnerving.

Mental hugs and cups of tea being sent from Boston!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks for the good wishes, we’re both OK, although I was very shaken up yesterday.

The collision blew the front driver’s tyre, and has caused quite a bit of damage to the front and side of the car. We were very fortunate that we were close to a fire station, and 3 young firemen came out and changed the tyre for the spare, which is only a get you home tyre not full size. Luckily the damage to the wing didn’t cause it to obstruct the tyre, so we got home OK. We’ve spent the morning at the tyre place because, yes, you’ve guessed it, the tyres are non standard and they don’t have any in stock. You can’t mix and match because it’s AWD, so we’ve had to order 2 new tyres, and the young man there is very kindly going to collect them on Saturday so we can get them as soon as possible.

The insurance company have been very helpful, they’re arranging for the car to go in to a place near our new home, and our coverage get’s us a rental while it’s in for repair. Of course, this couldn’t have come at a worse time with so much going on, but as Colin keeps telling me, it’ll all get sorted and is just another bump in the road. It could’ve been a lot worse because the other vehicle was a great big truck.

We didn’t know what to do, but the Sheriff came and dealt with the report, and didn’t issue any citations, and basically said the insurance companies will have to sort it out between them. Of course the truck driver told the sheriff it was all my fault!

I’m sorry your appt was a total bust @missy, fingers crossed Greg’s is more productive. I hope the weather cleared up so you could get out and ride today, it is, of course, sun, sun and more sun here.

Oh no, what a huge disappointment you didn’t win the bid @mrs-b, I’m a firm believer in if you didn’t get it, something better will come along. Sounds like you’re going to be very busy with your existing home in the meanwhile. Luckily cars are like jigsaws these days, so I’m sure the repairers will just replace the panels and it’ll be like new again.

Enjoy your ice cream @MamaBee, I know how excited you and @mrs-b are for your upcoming projects with DK and it’s fun for the rest of us to live vicariously through you. Do you have a timeframe from David? I’m sure it’s nerve wracking sending off your rings and worry till you hear they’ve arrived safely.

Love the collage @marcy, what is life without love and laughter?

We’re anticipating having a very quiet couple of days, we were due to go to the house on Saturday for the independent inspection, but won’t go now, we’ll speak to the inspector after he’s finished.

:wavey:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everybody! It's raining and cool, but the land needs the water and it's waaaaay better than when it was 90 degrees F recently....

Hi @marcy! I could use some lessons in how you attack boredom--I basically could sit and read all day and the world could fall down around me without my noticing. You are so productive! I really like your afghans, and I bet people appreciate something you have made. Glad your mouth is feeling better, too. Not surprised that your articles require so little editing--you are a pro!

@mrs-b, like many others, I am eagerly awaiting the results of your 3 stone adventure! Having seen your Beloved (actually, BOTH of them!), I can only imagine what a knockout this ring will be! I am glad you are keeping up with doing some activity despite your pain, and hope that you will find some relief soon. Speaking of Beloved, how is Tim doing?

@missy, you are another person whose daily activity just makes me tired reading about it!! Your energy is nonstop! It seems that even with all of your difficult medical issues you are finding ways to enjoy each day as it comes. Such an inspiration!

@Austina -- I am so glad no one was hurt in the accident. The last time I was in an accident I did not drive again for almost 2 years. That would no longer be an option for me now, but holy mackerel, it was so disturbing. Looking forward to seeing more of your house as things get completed. Everything looks so sleek in the pictures!

Hey @MamaBee -- can't wait to see what you have cooked up for a re-set. Your jewelry is so beautiful. How is it that I did not know you live in PA? My parents just sold their PA house and will become unusual snowbirds--Maine in summer and NH in winter, living with us. Wish us luck.

Spent the day writing up a proposal for a project evaluating audio recorded therapy sessions to see what paralinguistic attributes of the interview seem to predict better therapeutic alliance between the therapist and client/patient. This may be an opportunity for me to try using machine learning techniques, so I am very excited but somewhat intimidated as well. I get to pitch the project to an idol of mine in the research world next Thursday, so we'll see how that goes. I have a great mentor who is very supportive, so that is a good start. It's taken me such a long time to get to this point, and I try to remind myself each day that the folks that selected me for this fellowship believe that I can succeed. Some days it's easier to do than others--still reeling from how I was treated at my last job, so still constantly looking over my shoulder, waiting to be told what I did wrong. I know that should fade with time, just was way too close to what it was like growing up (hence, the above "wish me luck" about my parents moving in...)

Anyway, our pink dogwood is in bloom, the purple lilac is smelling lovely, and my wild-type lilies of the valley are just about to bloom. It's pretty wonderful in the back yard right now. Although Freddie says it could use a few more frisbies and footballs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone :wavey:

Oh no @Austina, so sorry about the accident but I'm glad you and Colin are ok. Your house looks amazing, love your furniture choices! Thanks for the bling dust, I should have something to show pretty soon.

@marcy, your afghan is just beautiful, I can see why you want to keep this one. LOL to Button's trip to the gym! He got quite the workout. Glad your mouth is feeling better but sorry you've been dealing with this. I hope the medication change helps you feel better too.

@springerspaniel, it's wonderful you have a great mentor, and I wish you all the best with your proposal. Try not to worry, you wouldn't have made it this far if you didn't know your stuff, you've got this. Your backyard sounds like heaven.

@missy, I hope everything goes well for you and Greg with tests and health decisions. I was sorry to see Greg needs a biopsy, I'll be hoping for the best. Great to see Tommy is doing well but I'm sorry about Oliver's murmur and I hope it is nothing serious. Great that your mother and father are doing well and you had a good visit.

@mrs-b, I'm sorry about Tim's sarcoidosis and I do hope changing jobs will help. The plans for your house sound great. Sending healing vibes for your back. How exciting to be getting a reset into a blingy three stone, can't wait to see it.

@MamaBee, good luck with readying the house for sale...I'm going to be in the same boat in a few years - there's a lot to do here, it's overwhelming. I should be starting now lol. Really looking forward to seeing the reset!

@canuk-gal, sorry about the lousy weather. Hope your work week went ok and I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Not a whole lot new with me, the family is good and I manage to keep busy, but somehow not get a whole lot done ha! I'm getting together with 2 friends this weekend that I haven't seen in a while. And dh and I are heading to SC next week for Memorial day weekend, and we'll stay for about a week. Looking forward to getting away for a bit.

Hope everyone has a restful weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

@MamaBee good luck with all the house repairs and I cannot wait to see what you decide re the bling.

@Austina I am so relieved you and Colin are safe. I am very sorry you are dealing with this and know how traumatic it can be. I had a major car accident when I was in my early 20s. That was my fault. I demolished the front end of my car and well, it wasn't salvageable. Fortunately for me the young man whose car I hit couldn't have been nicer. But still very traumatic for me. I had to keep driving as I was working in Long Island at that time and living in Park Slope Brooklyn. It happened over 30 years ago but I still remember it clearly. Anyway I remember I didn't have a cell phone (they were sort of new at that time) but many people stopped and asked if I wanted to use their cell phone. For a major car accident everyone was so nice. Including the other driver who was not at fault in any way. I digress. Just to say I understand and am so glad you are all OK. That truly is the ONLY thing that matters.

@springerspaniel thank you so much. That is very kind of you to write. I do have a lot of energy but it helps me to remain active and get out of my head if you kwim. Cycling by the sea is freeing. Mind, body and soul. It's good medicine. :)

Good luck pitching your project to your idol. That is exciting. And I am so glad you are feeling valued at this new job. That is right. They believe in you and that is why you got this position. You deserve it and more. I am happy you are in a good place and have a great mentor to support you. Did you write your parents are moving in with you? Good luck and how wonderful you are supporting them and there for them.

@junebug17 I am glad your family is well and you are going to visit two of your friends soon. Have a safe trip to SC and enjoy. I cannot believe Memorial Day weekend is almost here...Thank you for your well wishes for Greg. Greg (at time point in time) does not need a biopsy. But I will be keeping an eye on things as I do not completely trust the doctors. So next blood test we shall see how it all looks. Thank you for your good wishes.

@marcy hope your week is going smoothly...did you get snow?

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY!

@Slick1 woohoo the weekend is almost upon us.

Hi everyone else. We went cycling despite drizzle lasting most of the morning. I wasn't going to let a little rain stop us lol. We were the only crazies out yesterday morning haha. See how wet everything is?

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 6.20.35 AM.png

@springerspaniel here's our tree. See her beautiful transformation? Spring has sprung and summer is on her way...moving too fast for me right now. LOL. Slow it down.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 6.19.47 AM.png

It's going to be in the 90s this weekend. Not to sound like a negative nellie but it's too soon! For me. I am going to be melting... LOL Today is a busy day...cycling then long drive for a visit with Greg's new cardiologist. Long story but I wanted him to get evaluated. His mom had heart disease and two pacemakers. And Greg has that ear dent that has a strong correlation to heart disease. So I just wanted him to be evaluated. Praying he is fine. I hope everyone has a great FriYAY!

Have a wonderful FriYAY girls! XOXOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! It’s vaccine day for us..Yup @missy I’m breaking down and getting it. If they come up with a variant tweaked one in the fall we’ll make sure there’s a space of time but will get that too if we have to. It’s been a month since our antibody tests..We have a trip coming up on Saturday to the Outer Banks with my son and family. I wish we got the vaccine last week. That seems to be the push I feel to get it..
I hope Greg’s visit with the cardiologist shows his heart is in great shape. I hope he schedules a echocardiogram. That will really be a great way to screen him.
That‘s great that Greg doesn’t need a biopsy. I know what you mean when you say you totally don’t trust doctors. I love my doctor but she’s human….I realized that they have to make educated guesses. Mistakes can happen..We have to be vigilant about our own health.
@junebug17 I remember you saying you were interested in a ring somewhere on Preloved..Now I can’t remember where! Did you get it? I can’t even remember what it looked like other then it was beautiful.
How wonderful you will get to see your friends! I only saw mine once over a year ago. I hope you have the best time.
Have a safe trip to SC!
@springerspaniel I couldn’t fully understand what your proposal was about but you’ll do great! :lol:
I wish you big hugs and lots of luck with having your parents come to live with you. I hope the transition for all of you goes smoothly..
Winter Is delayed in Los Angeles. I’m a bit of a wreck…It had steady movement once it got to the distribution center there...At that point it just stayed there with no other movement. Last night everything cleared in the tracking except to say Delayed in red letters and an explanation point. It said it was going to be delivered today by 4:30. It hasn’t moved since..I had a glass of wine last night. I hope that doesn’t affect my vaccine today..lol
Have a great day girls. xoxo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm exhausted. Worked short all my shifts and that was a huge bugger. I am happy to say that I've limited the number of working days, without any guilt. I don't want and need the hassle of work exhaustion!!!

Did minor errands today--too tired to even go out for supper. The weather is the pits. Very chilly and I got caught in hail today :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Doubtful there will be any cycling this weekend. Maybe I'll have time and energy to think about a ring design for my emerald. There is no urgency as my jeweller is very busy. But at least the stone was removed from the setting this week for the appraiser. I thought about sending to to GIA but for the hassle from here. Actually I wanted to fly to Palm Desert for a holiday then drive to Carlsbad!!! LOL

@junebug17 nice to hear from you! Glad you are staying well.
@springerspaniel your proposal sounds interesting!! Much continued success to you.
@Austina gosh, what rotten luck about the accident. Glad you both are physically OK--but car accidents are traumatizing.
@marcy at least your bear is prepared for your snowy weather with his hat on!
@MamaBee hope your reno's are going smoothly.
@missy I am going to have to unfriend both you and @Austina if you continue to discuss your 80 degree temps!!! :lol-2: :saint: ;)) I am glad Greg is having a baseline check with his Cardiologist. Heart disease runs in my family as well, so I had an EST + ECHO a few years ago. The cardiologist looked at me and wondered why I was there......LOL

Keep safe and well folks!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@MamaBee good luck! Hope the side effects are minimal and the protection long and strong. Be careful no matter what but I know you will be. Takes a full two weeks for full protection. And I hope Winter is soon on her way. XOXO

@canuk-gal here's hoping your weather becomes hot very soon! Big hugs my sweet friend.

@bling_dream19 happy weekend! Hugs

@Slick1 stay cool this weekend. And enjoy! XOXO

@marcy last night there were severe thunderstorms. OMG. How is your snow doing? All melted by now I would think. I would take snow over thunderstorms. Any day. Especially as we are in the middle of a mini heat wave. Ahhh snow. XOXO

@Austina hope you have a good weekend. XOXO

@springerspaniel hope the rest of the week went well and enjoy a terrific Saturday. XOXO

@mrs-b all my love and healing vibes.

Hi everyone else.

We had an excellent day yesterday. Cycling was so good. The weather was perfect. Cool and with an East wind breeze. Then we made the trip to the cardiologist. BEST physician we have seen. Thanks to our dear friend M who is his colleague and recommended him to us. Very thorough and smart. Greg is going to have an echo and nuclear stress test scheduled at the cardiologist's hospital and then a cardio IQ blood test (not til August) at Quest. So hopefully all will be fine. But with his strong family hx and highish LDL it's good we went.

The cardiologist told us coconuts are bad. So no coconut ice cream etc. Too high in saturated fat. Almond milk ice cream is OK. Just not coconut milk ice cream. I eat lots of coconut milk ice cream though. I probably will continue as long as my cholesterol is fine but I know at some point in the future I will schedule an appt with him too. As my last echo was over 20 years ago. When I was diagnosed with a heart murmur. But it seemed to have gone away. I am in no rush and want to take care of Greg first anyway so we have a plan.

Today is HOT. Sorry @canuk-gal I would gladly switch with you. This is too early. But we shall forge ahead. Going cycling in a few hours and hoping to have ice cream haha. Have a sweet Caturday Saturday my sweet friends. I love you and wish for you only the best. Life is short and can be challenging but is made so much sweeter with true friends. XOXO.

In honor of Caturday Saturday the little princess was quite happy her daddy was home last night after a very long day.

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 5.56.53 AM.png

And as we were waiting for the cardiologist after the techs had done an EKG and taken Greg's BP and weight.

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 5.55.31 AM.png

I like to take photos what can I say? LOL. I have one of them doing the EKG on him but will spare you. I am sure Greg would appreciate me not showing his bare chest on PS. :lol:

Enjoy a wonderful weekend girls! XOXO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - it's going to be 95 here today and 97 tomorrow. Then....71 on Monday!! We're staying inside today with the a/c on - that's our whole day's plan.

And - that's a lovely photo of Greg! Please share his results (if he doesn't mind) - heart stuff is in my wheelhouse, so I'm hoping for all the right results for him!

Only 11 days till I go back to LA. Good for me weather-wise, sad for me husband-wise. Tim leaves his current employer in 2 more weeks, then straight on to his new position on June 6th. He seems far happier, tho, and is keen to get into his new job.

Hoping to see the new Downton Abbey movie this weekend - I'll let you all know if it's any good.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

ETA. Nope - just put my back out in the shower. After much yelping and whinging, I got back into bed and will probably have to stay here, more or less, for the next 2 days - which seems the standard routine at this point. Have had a very good last week, tho, so I know this will pass. I WISH someone could work out *exactly* what it is that's 'going in and out'. Then we could either fix it surgically, or I could just avoid it! Either way, I'm doubtful that a fusion would fix it, so I'm a tad lost in the weeds for now.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sweater day here. :rolleyes: At least it looked good with my long pearl strand on it!

Got take out and made salt and pepper chicken wings. I need to roast the bones to make chicken stock...for my garlic soup. It was my Mom's favorite soup. (besides borscht). It was so strange, I was thinking about the recipe, and that I needed to call her....

@missy it was charming to see Greg with one pant leg still cuffed--the Cardiology tech should have rolled it down after the EKG! LOL.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday!

@canuk-gal I am glad you got to enjoy your beautiful pearls with your sweater. I love sweater weather because I can wear my OTK boots. And I love wearing them. Once the weather hits the 70s I don't wear my boots anymore. Aww I am sorry. I do know that feeling of wanting to call someone who is no longer there. When my grandma died for a few years after that I kept wanting to call her and then remembered I couldn't. :( Gentle hugs dear Sharon. I hope the garlic soup turned out to be delicious with happy memories of your mom.

@mrs-b I don't blame you. When it's that hot out it's more comfortable to be inside with AC. I will share when we have results. He doesn't even have the appointments yet. The office has to coordinate with our insurance company and then they have to call the hospital who has to give them the appts and then the office calls us with the appointments. I don't even think we get a choice but the cardiologist told us if the date doesn't work tell them to change it. LOL if only it were so easy. But yes I will keep you posted of course. I think of you and Tim every day and continue to send healing vibes your way. YAY for California in 10 days now. I do wish Tim could go with you but I get that transitioning from one job to another requires him to be right where he is. Sending you big hugs.

@Slick1 I thought of you yesterday. Our girlfriend who is a teacher at the shore had her retirement party yesterday. And sent us photos. We didn't go because well, it was indoors and too many people. It's so nice to see how happy she is. She was smiling from ear to ear. She isn't not working however after her retirement from teaching. She loves working at a farm near us and we visited here there a few times. She loves the animals and she actually gets paid something too so that is even sweeter. So that is her new career. Pretty sweet. Speaking of sweet hope you are enjoying a sweet weekend. XOXO

@bling_dream19 speaking of sweet how are you doing sweet girl? Thinking of you and sending you lots of love. And well wishes.

@rainwood this is for you...Princess Gracie (or as you call her Miss Whiskers haha) in the light last night before the sunset..she took my breath away. And of course as soon as I took my phone out to get a photo she moved. She doesn't like me taking her pic. LOL. She is a diva. But this is what I captured. I thought you would enjoy this.

princessgracieatsunseet.png

Hi everyone else.
Yesterday was much more comfortable here temperature wise than I anticipated. Because we had an east wind. Ahhh. So it actually never went out of the 70s. And was sunny and pleasant. But inland was the 90s. I feel for the people inland. When we started cycling yesterday we kept running into people (and furbabies) we are friendly with so it took us much longer yesterday as we spent lots of time socializing (outdoors). As I wrote before it's a lovely way to spend the day, Cycling by the sea and seeing friends human and furry ones. :)

Today the weather prediction is the same. Another hot day predicted so I am hoping for an east wind again and we are planning on cycling. Tonight big thunderstorms are happening which as you might remember I do not like. At all. I better get used to it as that is what spring and summer bring. This coming week is suppose to be in the 70s most of the week so that works.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 6.01.54 AM.png

I hope you enjoy a sweet lovely Sunday.
Be well and have fun.
XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy marvelous Monday!
Another purrrfect cycling day yesterday thank goodness for the east wind.
And no thunderstorms at all yesterday afternoon or evening so yay.

While we were cycling yesterday we found out a friend of ours, who we see almost daily when cycling, has Covid. And, listen to this, she got monoclonal antibodies on Friday. And she was out cycling Saturday and Sunday. Not OK. I told her that too when we ran into her (and kept our distance) yesterday while cycling. I was like Yvonne, go home. Drink fluids, rest, and do not infect others. I was and am pissed. She wasn't even wearing a mask to help protect others. SMH. So I told Greg no more chatting with her.That's it. If someone can be so uncaring about others well being I am done with them. It's really a bitter pill to swallow as I never would have thought she would be out and about callously potentially affecting others. I guess I am thankful she warned us immediately when we saw her yesterday cycling. She put her arms out and said stay away, I have Covid. But SMH she was out and cycling and NOT wearing a mask at the very least. Not acceptable. Not OK. Should be a crime IMO to do that.

Pretty upset as she is generally a really nice person and I don't understand what she is doing. She has cancer which is why she got monoclonal antibodies and she was doing very well with treatment. Back in December she had surgery to remove several organs that were affected with cancer cells. But anyway just SMH over this.

When we got home Greg and I took the rapid tests and they were negative but I ordered a PCR test for both of us due Wednesday. Because we do see her and chat with her on a daily basis and she got sick last week and we saw her every single day last week. Ugh.

I knew I should listen to my gut and NOT talk to people. But Greg needs social interaction and I felt outdoors was a good compromise. But now, I am kicking myself. Hoping we remain Covid Clear.

Today we are looking foreward to another good cycling day. Much cooler and windier but hey I'll take it. :)

Our rapid tests.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.03.17 AM.png

And our sweet treat. Sophia gave me a very generous pour yesterday. She is the sweetest.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.03.29 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet and marvelous Monday girls. Big hugs. Be well and stay safe.
@MamaBee thanks for the support! XOXO

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! I hope everyone is doing well on this crisp and cool gorgeous morning! Thank you for all of the love and caring. Each of you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Your icecream looks delicious Missy! @MamaBee and @mrs-b I am soo excited for your new rings! My pink pear sapphire and yellow diamond ring is nearing completion. And I'll take a break for a while. I have 3 earring projects for later this year that will be super fun. Love and hugs to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quick fly by from me, we’re really busy ATM trying to get organised for next week, lots to do, so if you don’t hear from me, that’s why.

Lovely to hear from you @bling_dream19, hope all is well with you, and that your bling projects turn out exactly as you hope.

Honestly @missy, I’d be peed off too, what’s wrong with people? We were the only people in masks at the tyre place on Saturday, we had to be inside it was well in to the 90’s so no way could we wait outside. Fingers crossed you and Greg will be fine.

I hope your back has eased @mrs-b and that you got to enjoy Downton.

Sweaters @canuk-gal :oops2: yikes, but at least you looked stylish!

Big love and hugs to you all, I’ll be back in touch once things are calmer :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two days of nice weather and two days of cycling! The paths were heaving--folks out enjoying the long weekend.

Two days of work this week--which is my goal. Not more. I know they'll ask me to do more---but I will hold fast!

@Austina I can only imagine how busy you are. I hope your SUV doesn't have frame issues--always a worry when your tire has been hit.

@missy why are people such nincompoops? No mask and not staying home?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stay safe and well folks.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy yes we had snow - had more today. I am sorry you had such a bad car accident and it’s understandable you still remember it. It’s always nice when you are the only ones out cycling - wide open spaces! Your tree is pretty and glad you are having warm weather. Sounds like the cardiologist is a great guy and good that he is giving Greg thorough tests. Sending him mega dust to pass them all with flying colors. Darn on giving up coconut milk ice cream. We had some Cold Stone ice cream on Saturday and after I inhaled it I thought - I didn’t take a picture. You put in a lot of miles this weekend and nice to socialize with so many people.

@MamaBee good idea to stick with your “gut” on what you want for your rings. I generally regret deviating from my original “I want this”. I can’t wait to see your new designs. Did Winter get delivered okay - it is so stressful sending our beauties off to get fixed or upgraded.

@Austina so sorry about the car accident - thankful you and Colin are okay. Good luck getting everything read for the big day!

@springerspaniel I am quite good at amusing myself and I am easily bored. I guess that’s why I only remained retired for a few months. Sounds like you had a bad car accident; I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you weren’t hurt too bad and just didn’t want to drive. Good luck with your proposal. I am sure you’ll do great! That’s great you are treated so well with your new job. Ooh your pink dogwood sounds lovely. Our trees are finally starting to bloom here and it doesn’t look like our recent snow storm and freeze damaged them. You know - we have to be tough to live here - people, animals or plants.

@junebug17 my mouth is feeling pretty good, thank you. I get the crown restored tomorrow for the recent root canal. I am doing quite well on the lower dosage of medicine. I feel better and haven’t had a freezing attack. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I hope you had fun catching up with some friends this weekend and enjoy SC for the holiday weekend.

@canuk-gal sorry you worked so much last week. I hope you got rested up. LOL my bear is prepared for snowy weather, Marty calls the bears with hats sissies. They are just cold like me. Sorry your weather was the pits. I hope it warmed up by now. We have been cold and snowy since Thursday. That is something that took me a long time - to not pick up the phone and call my parents. Big hugs to you. I hope you make your garlic soup. I made homemade soup on Friday. Definitely hold fast to not taking extra hours.

@mrs-b I hope your back is feeling better - it sounds painful. Big hugs to you. It sounds warm there. That’s great Tim will be starting his new job in a few weeks. I hope he is excited. Nice to be heading back to LA.

@bling_dream19 I can’t wait to see your new rings. I need to take in my halo sapphire ring for repair which means I’ll look at everything in the store. Marty should be worried.

Thank you all for the kind words about my afghan and that you enjoyed Button’s trip to the gym. Marty says he is one of the guys now.

I worked 7 hours on Friday and ended up working a few hours both days this weekend. I feel like I’m back at my old job but for less money. Phooey.

Saturday I mistakenly agreed to go with Marty on his errands. He was wondering hardware stores getting stuff for his move at the gym. Everything is either out of stock, the wrong size of way more expensive that it used to be. At least hardware stores have great diamond lights.

He did take me out to lunch and to get ice cream though so that was okay.

Sunday we went to Denver for a nephew’s HS graduation party. It was fun. We met my sister and BIL first for dinner then went to the party.

Today we had rain, hail, snow, rain and then the sun came out. I did capture my first rainbow pictures for the season.

Take care.
Marcy Rainbow.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results