carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal I picked up stuff for homemade soup this week too. It will be soup weather before we know it - boo! Marty loves French Onion Soup. He tried Alton Brown's recipe once and hated it. Enjoy the nice weather.

@missy Marty is definitely pushing the doctor's orders to the limit sometimes to the point of not following them at all! I keep saying glad I am not the only stubborn person in this house. The SK book is getting more and more interesting that I have to keep reading; I stayed up a little late last night reading one more chapter. Glad you added more miles to your bike and sadly summer is ending soon. I am NOT looking forward to snow and ice which we know will be returning here soon. Boo. Hi sweet Gracie!

@Austina I bet you are quite anxious for your travels this week. Safe travels to you and Colin.

My SIL showed up last night. She retires at the end of this month so Marty and her are out buying her a pistol right now. She wants to buy a motor home and travel around camping and be a nomad. Marty insists she get a pistol and take some safety classes. Her new jeep is nice; it can be towed behind the motor home. I stayed up reading last night then work up for about 90 minutes this morning. I did finally fall back asleep for a while. I am washing our sheets today - the long arm guy would be able to help me get that fitted sheet back on so I will work at it slowly.

I did get another picture of the sun today - the sunspots are more in focus than my shot from yesterday.

Have a great day.
Marcy
Sep6.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Safe travels @Austina!

@canuk-gal, yum to french onion soup, my dh's favorite!

@marcy, thank you for sharing more info - I'm glad you are in such good hands! I hope your new knee meds help, and I hope Marty starts being a better patient lol! Wow, the pic of the sun is just amazing.

I'm back in NJ, just got in and I'm pretty wiped out so I'll check in with everyone soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Off to see Greg’s surgeon soon. Wish us luck. Praying he is cancer free.
Good luck @Austina
Love to everyone.
XOXO ♥️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful update. Surgeon said Greg’s in the clear. Woohoo!

We’re to follow up with him once a year and get a neck ultrasound yearly plus blood work every 3-4 months with our endocrinologist.

The surgeon said each year that passes where Greg is clear is good. Which we of course know lol. But still happy to get this great update.

Thanks for all your good wishes. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heading home now. Some pics for your viewing pleasure. :

F0E32656-4F05-4062-BD34-C0439B05EBF2.jpeg

1A6E9233-2AE0-4C21-B498-C78ADD3BE9C4.jpeg
A756A376-DEEB-4EB5-B670-E6D3594BCA3C.jpeg

Have a mooooovalous day girls. XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful update. Surgeon said Greg’s in the clear. Woohoo!

We’re to follow up with him once a year and get a neck ultrasound yearly plus blood work every 3-4 months with our endocrinologist.

The surgeon said each year that passes where Greg is clear is good. Which we of course know lol. But still happy to get this great update.

Thanks for all your good wishes. ❤️

I’m soooooooo happy! This news made my day!!!

Jemi

Rough_Rock
Happy belated Labor Day and hello to everyone.

I just scrolled through a week of posts...it was...sadness for NIRDI health issues...ice cream!...happiness for things that are going well...ice cream!...gossip of the day....ice cream!

I have sleep deprivation attention deficit, but somehow am able to focus on...ice cream!
So, thank you Miss Missy. <3

Here are my bed buddies this morning. One of them is not allowed on the bed because I need room to lie down, still...rules were made to be broken apparently.

Love to everyone
2150B094-0A06-434B-8774-8A5A4F36E03D.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jemi OMG they are both PRECIOUS. :kiss2:
This is for you...our IOTD yesterday..

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.55.33 AM.png

@MamaBee @bling_dream19 Thank you!

We just got home and Greg is getting the bike ready so we might be able to have ice cream today
@Jemi any requests for a specific flavor? :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls !!!
Just wanted to tell you that I miss you all (!) and that the reason for my absence is that now my mother in law is ill. Cancer, of course. Seems to me we are drowning in it. Malignant melanoma with full spread to just about everything (lungs, liver, kidneys, bones etc) before it was detected. And as they are living quite a bit away from us, we do a lot of traveling. Oh well. All good things must ... Sorry. Just kidding. Got to have a sense of humour..
Lots of love, and hope to see you soon!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am keeping so many good thoughts and prayers for you. I’m here for you always too.
My annual gyn is in December. :(

(((((HUGS))))))

If you haven't found a solution yet, please don't wait. Put that cute little *ss on a doctor's doorstep until they see you and find out what is wrong. Please.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Scandinavian :(
Sending you big hugs and your mil bucketloads of healing vibes. I’m contacting you now. XOXO

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you and Greg @missy That’s amazing news!!!
@Jemi what handsome and loving bedfellows you have!! Love!!
Hi all! Hope all is well! I am drowning a little in work, puppy duty and a stubborn-as-hell widowed MIL :x2 !!

And a Bear pic :) or three, my ❤️ Thank goodness for his unconditional love and kisses.

In the convertible
292DF5E1-3F48-4F07-954D-2C3E87F92B96.jpeg 0B75122F-0FE8-4DE8-8337-995E12EE6082.jpeg
That side eye :lol:
5C34997D-D006-401D-A486-3FC102F7A674.jpeg

Last edited:

Jemi

Rough_Rock
Omg Bear is so darned CUTE!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So happy for you and Greg @missy That’s amazing news!!!
@Jemi what handsome and loving bedfellows you have!! Love!!
Hi all! Hope all is well! I am drowning a little in work, puppy duty and a stubborn-as-hell widowed MIL :x2 !!

And a Bear pic :) or three, my ❤️ Thank goodness for his unconditional love and kisses.

In the convertible
292DF5E1-3F48-4F07-954D-2C3E87F92B96.jpeg 0B75122F-0FE8-4DE8-8337-995E12EE6082.jpeg
That side eye :lol:
5C34997D-D006-401D-A486-3FC102F7A674.jpeg

@Slick1 I have never seen a dog pose for photos like Bear does. He really strikes that aristocratic pose like he‘s posing for a painting! He could model! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy belated Labor Day and hello to everyone.

I just scrolled through a week of posts...it was...sadness for NIRDI health issues...ice cream!...happiness for things that are going well...ice cream!...gossip of the day....ice cream!

I have sleep deprivation attention deficit, but somehow am able to focus on...ice cream!
So, thank you Miss Missy. <3

Here are my bed buddies this morning. One of them is not allowed on the bed because I need room to lie down, still...rules were made to be broken apparently.

Love to everyone
2150B094-0A06-434B-8774-8A5A4F36E03D.jpeg

Those sweet faces just melt me! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know!! :lol: You’re right!! He just poses like a model. Case in point, I just took this one. Love him!!
Feel well J!! ❤️
2559F780-2999-4230-96BC-2ADD89C8A3A2.jpeg

I’m so happy you have him @Slick1..You needed that cute fella with all you’ve been through..

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MamaBee I totally agree and love you and your thoughtfulness ❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As usual I forgot it was our anniversary--36 billion years or just an eternity?

DH golfed and I was busy with errands, but we ended up on our favorite patio. It was very quiet, couldn't have asked for a more setting (well maybe something from Cartier or Tiffany? LOL). Sublime weather, just PERFECT. It snowed the day we were married, but not today.

@Scandinavian very sorry for your devastating news. Please keep as well as you can given the circumstances.

NIRDI shout out!! Keep safe!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

As usual I forgot it was our anniversary--36 billion years or just an eternity?

DH golfed and I was busy with errands, but we ended up on our favorite patio. It was very quiet, couldn't have asked for a more setting (well maybe something from Cartier or Tiffany? LOL). Sublime weather, just PERFECT. It snowed the day we were married, but not today.

@Scandinavian very sorry for your devastating news. Please keep as well as you can given the circumstances.

NIRDI shout out!! Keep safe!!

cheers--Sharon

Happy Anniversary @canuk-gal! It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's wonderful (I hope) Wednesday!

@Slick1 Bear is just the most precious pup. He and Kine should do a photo op together. Two of the most precious pups ever. :kiss2: Of course all the NIRDI furry babies are just purrrrrfectly precious.

@Jemi we made a big sacrifice yesterday and had ice cream just for you. :lol:
This will have to do til you visit us here. Then you can enjoy as much ice cream as you want on us.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 5.36.08 AM.png

@canuk-gal Happy Anniversary! It snowed on our wedding day too...just in the morning but still beautiful to have snow on the day we got married. When Greg proposed it snowed as well and on our first date it also snowed. Snow means love to us. Hope you enjoyed a beautiful anniversary.

@MamaBee woohoo congratulations! So relieved for you getting the booster.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a good week.

@Scandinavian keeping your family especially mother in law in my thoughts.

@marcy it was nice chatting yesterday and I am sending you bucketloads of healing dust and good wishes. And big hugs.

@Austina I hope it all went very well yesterday.

@sarahb hope your first week of almost autumn (unofficial end of summer) is going smoothly.

@mrs-b healing hugs and lots of good wishes. I am still holding out hope the surgery can be moved up.

Hi to everyone else.

We had a busy day yesterday. As you know surgeon in the AM and cycling after that. Jimmy's is now closed til later since it is the unofficial end of summer but they open for us (and we have the key too) so hopefully we will continue to get ice cream. I do feel funny having them open just for us and if it becomes an inconvenience in any way we can skip the ice cream because I don't want to be an inconvenience. But as long as Jimmy insists then it works for us. Cannot do later since we have a long ride home after ice cream.

Today rain comes in later so going to get a ride in before that hopefully and tomorrow is an all rain day. So errand we shall run. I am running low on some critical items so always good to have a rainy day to take care of that.

Hope everyone enjoys a beautiful and wonderful Wednesday. Big hugs and lots of love.

Look who we spotted on the way home yesterday as we were cycling back.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 5.43.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 5.44.25 AM.png

Love the Blue Heron. Gorgeous and elegant.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy lovelies! We made it here.

I’m so sorry @marcy that the Dr thinks there may be something wrong. Like you, I remain optimistic that he wouldn’t wait if it was something needing urgent attention. Nevertheless, it’s always worrying and stressful to be told there‘s an issue. Everything crossed that your next check up brings better news. How’s Marty doing. French onion is also one of our favourites, especially with a big cheesy crouton on top!

Oh no @Scandinavian, what an awful time your family is having, I’m so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope she’s getting all the pain relief and care she needs, and that you’re all taking care of yourselves too.

Happy belated anniversary @canuk-gal, it snowed the day we got married, and in the morning it was so foggy we wondered if we’d have any photos. Sounds like you have a lovely time regardless of remembering later rather than sooner.

I hate to think how your world shrank when you had David @MamaBee, I know he brings you a lot of joy, but I think sometimes people just don’t know what to say and do when you have a special child, so tend to back away for fear of saying the wrong thing.

Honestly @Slick1 Bear has such attitude and his markings make him look like he‘s raising his haughty eyebrows :lol: He really did come along at the right time for you.

It’s lovely to see the pooches getting along so well @Jemi, did your older dog take to him straight away? Hang on in there, DGD won’t be an unsettled sleeper forever.

I can’t tell you how happy I was to catch up on your news yesterday @missy, I’d been thinking about you both all the way over the Atlantic. It’s just the BEST news ever. :appl:

Yesterday was a very loooooong day for us. We were up really early the equivalent to East Coast midnight, and got to bed at 4am the next day. Colin was very stressed and as we left home he said we’ll be back by 9am as he was convinced we’d get to check in and they’d say there was something wrong with the visa. We parked the car, got the cases in to the terminal, found the check in but had to go somewhere else before so they could check our visa and Covid test results. Then we checked in and went to security. Colin’s carry on got pulled, they swabbed it and it came up positive for something, so they swabbed it again, and again, and said they’d have to call someone. A supervisor came, and they swabbed it again, then she cleaned the machine, and it came up clean. She apologised for the hold up but we said it was fine, they were just doing their job and we were happy they were so vigilant, and she said we were the nicest passengers she’d dealt with. :mrgreen: She said a lot of people were abusive and didn’t understand the need for the checks. From there we went to a lounge, (all the good ones are still closed) and finally boarded the plane. The flight was pretty uneventful and because of Covid, the service pretty limited, but we were comfortable and the journey passed quickly enough. We landed in Dallas, prepared for whatever was to come, got in the queue for immigration, asked if we were in the right queue, and the lady said no, took us to another queue, and there was one other person in front of us, then it was our turn. We told the officer this was our first entry using our Resident’s Visa, he photographed us, scanned the passport and that was it!!!! We then went to collect our luggage, and went to the AA desk to see if we could change our flights. We’d left plenty of time, so did manage to get an a earlier flight. Adam collected us, and we got home, and tried to stay away until 9pm, then fell in to bed in an exhausted heap.

We’re just about to go and see the house for ourselves, excited doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Have a marvellous Wednesday you lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting @Austina I’m very happy for you that this finally was able to happen!! Enjoy your new state/country and family! ❤️Love your description of Bear. His eyebrows :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls !!!
Just wanted to tell you that I miss you all (!) and that the reason for my absence is that now my mother in law is ill. Cancer, of course. Seems to me we are drowning in it. Malignant melanoma with full spread to just about everything (lungs, liver, kidneys, bones etc) before it was detected. And as they are living quite a bit away from us, we do a lot of traveling. Oh well. All good things must ... Sorry. Just kidding. Got to have a sense of humour..
Lots of love, and hope to see you soon!

So sorry to hear about your mom @Scandinavian Keeping you all in my thoughts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Mom has just been taken to hospital by ambulance:((:(sad

not so cheery--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @canuk-gal, sending lots of good thoughts your way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @canuk-ga I hate to hear that. Sending mega dust her way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results