Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy anniversary @mrs-b, I hope things are improving for you all, and you’re able to celebrate your very special day.

Sorry work has been less than ’fun’ @canuk-gal, here’s to a better rest of the week.

Yay for cycling @missy, I used to feel the same about being out with Dottie, it was a great way to destress and get away from our worries. Hope you managed to get done everything you needed to.

Thank you all for the good thoughts and support, it worked! Colin checked this morning and the courier was due between 11.00-1.00pm, so the morning dragged on until the doorbell rang. I still had no confirmation that my passport was with the courier, so we were anxious to see what arrived. We had to pay 2 courier fees for their return. Fortunately they were both in the same pack, and I literally ripped the package open to get at them and check they were really in there.

We took the car to the dealer this afternoon for a valuation, and the price is just crazy. Good used cars are in such short supply, they’ve offered us more or less what we paid on top of our trade in, so win, win.

We’re flying to Tx on Tuesday, just to get our first entry as residents over with, as we’ll be subjected to extra screening and it’s likely to take a couple of hours and we don’t want to be dealing with that on the day we leave here for good.

Lots to do now, onwards and upwards.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thursday.

What a rainstorm we had in the NYC NJ area...airports are mainly closed. Why do I mention that? Well, because I finally got hold of a medicine I need and it was shipped out yesterday for overnight delivery and now I am not getting it today. Cannot make this stuff up.

The main thing is all my loved ones are safe though it is too early for me to call my mom and dad and check on them so praying they are fine too. Ida did cause death unfortunately all over including the NYC area and I am keeping all those affected in my thoughts and prayers. :(

@mrs-b bucketloads of healing dust your way and praying you can move your surgery up.

@marcy you are killing it with those gorgeous photos.

@sarahb hope you are enjoying the first week of September and have a great Labor Day weekend.

@Slick1 hope your DH is continuing to feel all better and your first week back at work goes well. Did you guys get epic rainfall too?

@Austina I seriously am still on a high from your fantastic news. When one NIRDI gets amazing news we all do. Biggest hugs for making your dreams come true.

@canuk-gal mother nature is fierce and can be unkind. It is the way of the world. Hope your weather is behaving itself and you are having a good week. Good luck on your booster shot. I am thinking of you.

@MamaBee hope your mom and sons and DH are all well and you are having a good week.
So glad you are skipping the wedding and your friend understands. She is a true friend plus how can she argue with good sense? I question the good sense behind continuing the indoor wedding with guests. If this were me we would be eloping. Oh wait, we did elope first and had a big wedding later. That is what everyone who wants to get married should do for now IMO.

@bling_dream19 hope all is going well and sending you lots of happy wishes.

@junebug17 hope all is well with your DD, DS, DH and you. And you are enjoying the labor day week and weekend. How fast Summer went. Lighting fast. I always think when things are challenging, OK, just wait a bit and hopefully things will improve. One day at a time. That is just something I do and learned from my grandma and dad. They said this too shall pass. But of course it isn't always so simple.

Hi to everyone else.
Yesterday it rained in the AM but cleared up for the rest of the morning and afternoon and didn't start raining til after 6PM and then it became stormy and windy with torrential downpours. All night long. It has stopped now and we are even considering going cycling despite the winds. I am bummed my meds are delayed and just hope they do not get lost. It is an important med injection that *might* stop my bleeding...I worked super hard to get it as there are only 2 pharmacies in the country that make it and one of them has it backordered for goodness knows how long. So first I had to track it down, call the pharmacies, talk to my provider who RXd it and then it was supposed to ship Tuesday for overnight delivery Wednesday but it didn't ship. Spoke with them yesterday and they apologized and shipped it yesterday. But the airports are closed due to the storm. Cannot make this up. I would laugh but for the deaths that happened with the storm so it is a very somber day for many and the storm is no joke. My meds being delayed is nothing compared to lives lost of course. Just sharing my disappointment and frustration with how things work out sometimes.

Sending you all lots of love and well wishes. Stay safe and be well. XOXOXOXO.

Leaving you with Princess Gracie's handiwork. LOL this happened a few months ago but Greg is just getting around to fixing him. No one and nothing is safe from Oliver and Gracie in our house. :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 5.41.14 AM.png

May you all keep your heads about you today and keep it together. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I hope you got hold of your parents and they’re safe and well. How disappointing that the meds have been delayed, I hope they’ll be available for collection tomorrow @missy. Is Gracie not a classical music lover? :lol:

Thank you @MamaBee, the relief was tremendous. I’m glad your friend was fine with you not going to the wedding, personally I can’t understand people having large indoor gatherings.

Colin spent 1 hr 20 mins holding on to speak to our travel insurance people today before finally speaking to a real person, just to check he’s covered while we’re away. Is there anything more annoying that having to hold the line interminably and having to listen to that stupid “your call is important to us” twaddle? :roll:

Got the paperwork back for my number plate, so that’s been sent off to the company who’re buying it, another thing ticked off he list.

Car park booked, PCR tests booked.

Been repacking my cases this afternoon trying to squeeze in as much as I can.

TGIF tomorrow, the weeks are just whizzing by!

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy FriYAY!

My med got delivered last night in NYC (they don't ship to NJ) woohoo so Greg drove to our apartment (he is the best husband) and picked it up for me. I was sleeping when he got home but I now have my med. I am not ready to take it yet lol. It is my last hope and a big commitment (and a very big needle) so will wait another day or so. Gotta get my motivation and courage up to try it. Because if this doesn't work I am in trouble.

@Austina hahaha I guess you could say that. She is a sassy lassie and she makes her thoughts clear. No holding back. Like her momma. :)

Good luck Tuesday...we are thinking good thoughts for you and I take it as a good sign we both have big appointments Tuesday. Fingers and toes crossed for all of us.

Hi to everyone else. Happy FriYAY!
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.
We are off to a good start.
Beautiful weather here.
We rode yesterday and it was a gorgeous day despite the winds and today and Saturday look to be lovely weather as well.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend and big hugs to each and everyone of my friends here.
XOXO.

I enjoyed PB ripple with Vanilla. Greg had Pistachio and Strawberry Jalepeno.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 5.30.30 AM.png

May your Friday be filled with YAY and sweet and spicy fun.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my NIRDI posts have become one, long, unmitigated whinge. I'm so sorry. Life just continues to be a misery for me right now. It will pass - I know it! - but for now....not so much.

The movers came on September 1st - my anniversary. They were supposed to come on the 30th, but it was pushed back two days. Then they were supposed to come 8-10am - so we made a booking at a lovely restaurant for dinner. My gut had started to settle by then, so we were thinking - we can go out, I just won't eat that much.

Then the movers pushed back to the 2-4pm time slot. We thought - close - but we'll still make it.

They arrived at 6pm and left at 9. Happy anniversary to us. When I woke that morning, my back was not good, but as the day went on, it went from bad to unbearable. I ended the day dosed with oxycodone and wrapped in ice packs, crying. Awesome, right?

On the up side, my gut has settled, tho not entirely. The back pain irritates the nerves to my bowel, so that's not good. The dogs continue to be...ok. Ballin's issues seem to have settled a tiny bit - tho he *did* throw up yesterday. Today's poo was normal. Cirrus is still alternating between 'fair and ok'. His appetite has returned to normal - which, for him, is always picky. His poo is still soft, but that seems to be the way of things these days. (ETA. If someone had told me, when I was 30, that I'd reach a point in life where I was doing a public post reporting on the poo consistency of my dogs, I would have never believed it. Ooohhhh, how life brings us face to face with our own mortality!)

My surgery, scheduled for October 25th, is probably as far forward now as it's going to be. If they get a cancellation (not all that common with surgery of this kind as it's pretty much pressing-to-urgent for anyone who gets to this stage), I'm at the top of the list. But I'm not holding my breath and am wondering how I'm going to cope with 8 more weeks of this. I've started to shake 24/7 as the nerve pain is just so severe. Basically, I'm just not coping right now.

My relocation to CA has been pushed back till who TF knows when - after my surgery, anyway. Given that I'm already paying rent out there, and it's a lot, I'm very disappointed.

So I've been doing what I do best when feeling miserable - shopping. Here are some photos of my new family-room sofa, a new occasional table in my living room, and the beautiful gardenias Tim had sent to me for our anniversary. The blossoms are all sort of underneath the green foliage and surround the top of the vase. The smell is sublime. I get a lot out of nice smells as I have a very acute sense of smell, so when I'm feeling very low, I amp up the flowers in my house, and it always gives me a boost. Jo Malone candles work well, too, so I'm thinking I might be burning a few of those this evening.

Sigh. Super tough month.

My apologies for being so inward-focussed; pain is an isolating thing, as I'm sure you all understand.

So. Photos. First up - my new sofa. A bit of a retro feel, which I love.

20210903_080941.jpg

20210903_080957.jpg

Next - my new occasional table. It has the most gorgeous patterned inlay and the carving on the legs is just lovely. Taken this morning in early morning light.

20210903_080537.jpg

And lastly - my beautiful gardenias. See all the blooms under the foliage, surrounding the vase?

20210902_143514.jpg

Despite my current self-obsession, I am sending you all my love:

@missy - Greg and the cats! - and poor Mozart!! Do you have any idea how much I value your texts and beautiful photos? Not possible. More than you know. Sending you hugs as we travel the much occluded road of medical issues together! Despite the road, I wish you much joy along the way. ox
@Austina - and Colin - and Bertie! Wishing you more house progress (but yay re visas!! ) and a smooth and speedy relocation. What's your time line looking like at this point?
@marcy - and how is Marty feeling now? Is he fully recuperated? And more photos as you're able, pls - they lift ALL our spirits!
@canuk-gal - thinking of you. I hope work is going well and you're out there cycling! Still waiting for an update on whether you've continued to wear your new Tiffany soli daily...
@bling_dream19 - and your mom - I always think of you both and continue to lift your mom up to God in my prayers
@MamaBee - D & S, and your mom, too. Are you still in VA? How is everything going?
@Slick1 - and beautiful Bean! How is school going? Hoping you're hanging in there ok!
@springerspaniel - I am SO looking forward to our lunch - assuming I can walk ok (which I can't, right now). Looking forward to a face-to-face conversation - which I could sorely do with!
@junebug17 - are you still at the coast? How is DD going with her new job? Have the nerves subsided?
@Bayek - I miss you!
@Jemi - has the anti-crying success continued? Thinking of you and wishing you much stamina! I watched the video, btw. I can see why you were concerned as to whether you were doing it correctly! Great tips, tho - and I'll be passing them along - so, thank you!
@Polabowla - I worry about you and think of you often. I hope you're holding together ok. I know what constant pain is like and my heart is with you
@sarahb - I hope all is well for you and yours and I'm sending you late-summer good vibes!

I shall now resume pacing around my house. NIRDI shout out!

<3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m so sorry you are in so much pain. My heart goes out to you.
I love your new furniture. I have a pie crust table with the same legs. I also have an inlaid little chest..end table..in the same room…Bailey’s memory box with his leash and collar are sitting on the little chest. I have a dental appointment soon..When I get back I’ll take some pics for you.
When you’re all finished with your surgery..you and your hubby will have a beautiful dinner at a lovely restaurant to celebrate your success! Big hugs! ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @mrs-b , I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through, and believe me, I’ve had my fair share of pain and suffering, but yours is a whole new level of hell. I hope the surgery comes around quickly and you can at least relief from your back problems. Why are people so unreliable, I just hate when people let you down like that. I’m sorry the move to Ca. is on hold. I’ll explain below about our timeline.

I’m glad you got your meds at last @missy, I just hope it brings some relief from all the issues that are going on with you right now. Next time we meet up, I‘m definitely trying that strawberry jalapeño ice cream, it sounds amazing.

How’s Marty doing @marcy, did his Dr.s appt go well? Have you had a busy week at work? It’s the weekend, so relax and enjoy.

I hope the dental appt went well @MamaBee and you didn’t need any treatment. What’re your plans for the weekend?

Colin spoke to our solicitor yesterday, we’re all set, we spoke to the realtor today, our buyers are almost ready, and we should exchange contracts when we get back. He’s going to find out what their timeline is, because we need at least 3 weeks for our movers to get the special packing cases ready for the furniture needing extra packing and booking space on the container ship. We’re not too worried about when the container ships arrives, because the house isn’t going to be ready for several months, so we’re not in a rush for it it arrive. ATM it looks like mid to late October for our final trip.

Colin’s been busy filling in all our pre travel paperwork, got mine done, but couldn’t do his. Honestly, it’s all 2 steps forward, 1 back at the moment. He eventually got hold of tech support at AA and got it sorted.

Got our friends coming for dinner tomorrow, we’re just going to get takeaway, because I can’t be bothered to cook, but it’ll be lovely to spend time with them. I had to break the news to them that we’ve had such a good offer on the car we’re going to accept it. Their daughter wanted to buy it, but I don’t think she’d want to pay what we’ve been offered.

Busy weekend ahead, looks like I’m going to have to unpack everything and list it, just in case we need to declare it - we’ve asked our attorney and she just directed us to the Gov website, which is as clear as mud!

Oh well, onward and upwards.

Have a great weekend lovely NIRDI, big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I am so sorry about all the pain you are in and I hope the surgeon can move up your surgery and that provides you with much needed relief. Sending bucketloads of healing vibes your way. I am here for you any way I can be. I am glad at least your gut is better but oh your poor back. I am so sorry for the unrelenting pain. Gentle hugs and wishing you relief. XOXO. And know how much I value you and our friendship. Every single day. (((((Hugs)))))).

@Austina you are on...jalapeno strawberry it is. It tastes much better than it sounds and Greg loves it.

@MamaBee hope all your dental work went smoothly.

@sarahb have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

@Jemi hope you have fun plans this holiday weekend.

Hugs to everyone reading. Just got back from cycling and off to shower and do some stuff. Have a good evening. And some good news...we saw Samson about half a mile away from our house today. He had just disappeared about a month or more ago and I thought that something terrible had happened to him. It was such a relief seeing him today! Now if we could only see Snowflake. I hope he is somewhere safe too somehow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@mrs-b Your pain sounds dreadful. I'm so sorry that you are living this experience and that your move has been delayed. I really enjoyed seeing your new things and your Gardenias are gorgeous! My favorites!!!! As for my solitaire, I am wearing it everywhere but work. LOL. I know I bought it with that in mind--but truth be told I just wanted it. Period. Because of the clarity, and bc I am clumsy at work, I just don't want to want to damage it. But I wore it out today stacked with my sapphire ring with a band between so they don't touch. What a drama!

@Austina safe travels.
@missy hope your parents get the help they need. I bet trades are slammed with damage repair requests. Hope supplies are not in shorted.

I went out with my DH today and actually enjoyed myself! :P2 He did his golf thing and I poked around the market and bought some fresh stuff for borscht and other yummy stuff. Such a gorgeous day to eat my southern fried chicken and poutine outside. Not a cloud in the sky! The nice young man offered to carry my fresh veggies out for me as he noticed me struggling with my sore arm. What a sweetheart! I might have bought 4 dozen roses and some sunflowers as well. Fresh flowers make my day.

I went for a short walk, but realize I am fatigued and have a bit of a headache. Going to relax on the deck. My DH was going to cycle but changed his mind. I think this long weekend will be fine weather wise.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
68077CC0-3788-4134-9B84-51C13C34A7A5.jpeg D416EBAB-1759-4FCE-B9C4-4BA6025CB42E.jpeg 2D053672-5B96-45E9-AF53-AF00C977E018.jpeg

@mrs-b There‘s no sun.…Oh well…
Bailey’s leash, collar and tags are in the inlaid wood box.
Please ignore my foot! Haha

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee - I think our taste in house decoration is very similar! I love that little corner of yours!

And ladies - to all of you - thank you for the support. After we moved away from Australia we never really did make the same sort of social network we had back home. We had a large, active social network in Australia, but here...well...we spend a great deal of time with just the two of us. We make it work, but it's often a tad isolated. So your support during a time like this means a lot.

Love to you all. ox

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - I think our taste in house decoration is very similar! I love that little corner of yours!

And ladies - to all of you - thank you for the support. After we moved away from Australia we never really did make the same sort of social network we had back home. We had a large, active social network in Australia, but here...well...we spend a great deal of time with just the two of us. We make it work, but it's often a tad isolated. So your support during a time like this means a lot.

Love to you all. ox

I totally understand @mrs-b My world shrank when I had David..I’m used to it...Since I “met” all of you..…it made me so happy. I feel so much happier and less alone..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday and Labor Day weekend to all. Even those who don't celebrate I wish you a wonderful weekend.

@mrs-b you are on my mind and I hope you can feel my love and support. Praying you find relief very soon and that each day gets a little bit easier.

@MamaBee I am sad your world got diminished because of all your extra responsibility when David was born but glad you find comfort here. And you have found true friends here too. You are adored by everyone. You are not alone.

@canuk-gal I hope your sore arm is feeling better and soon back to 100% fine. I am glad you enjoyed some fried chicken under beautiful skies yesterday and that you and your DH enjoyed a lovely day. Fingers crossed we all enjoy beautiful weather this weekend.

@bling_dream19 happy Labor Day weekend. Enjoy a beautiful weekend with your loved ones.

@Slick1 hope week one went smoothly and that everyone is feeling back to normal and well.

@Austina 4 more days...woohoo.

@sarahb hope you have fun plans for this weekend and are doing well.

Hi to everyone else.
We had a good ride yesterday under gorgeous skies and the weather couldn't be better. Crisp and cool with a touch of autumn in the air.

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 6.04.11 AM.png

And of course our IOTD.

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 6.05.33 AM.png
Sweet delight. Greg is loving the strawberry jalapeño and I am enjoying the PB swirl. YUmmmmmmm.

Computer is acting wonky so am posting now and will try to share another photo I took for you yesterday. Have a wonderful day girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Computer reset.

We love the wildlife all around us here. It is truly amazing. We see deer and birds every day. I am in awe. We always pass the Osprey in Sandy Hook. They are supposedly mean birds but they are majestic. It is hard to get a good photo on the bike so I apologize as this is not the clearest photo but the best I could do while cycling with my iPhone in hand. :)

They love the nests all around. You can always find them in their nests and usually in groups of at least two.
ospreysandyhook.png

And one more photo of the beautiful scenery as we were cycling. It is picture perfect but no editing (minus straightening thanks to @rainwood ❤️)
Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 6.04.23 AM.png

Have a beautiful weekend lovely ladies. Enjoy and stay safe. (((((Hugs))))).

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday everyone!
@missy thank you for your pics and icecream! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend xo.
@mrs-b you are in my prayers and I am really hoping you are feeling better. And I hoping your doggie is feeling better too.
Nirdi shoutout and love and hugs to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!

Deliberately wasted time going downtown looking for a carry piece of luggage. I haven't been DT in ages--it used to be an almost weekly thing for me. At any rate did score on some clothing items for me, DH and DS! Clearance! Gotta love that inexpensive designer loot! I was happy there was almost no one there but us. MY DH stated they opening the stores just for us.;))

Gorgeous weather today and for the rest of the week! Woohoo!

@missy you know what struck me about the pictures of Ida, the destruction, etc....was that the next day the skies were bright and blue and clear with no trace of scary weather.....just like it never happened. Blew my mind.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@mrs-b I am keeping you in thoughts. What a freaking hassle for you and I hate to hear the hassles you had with the doctor. Hoping your pain is at bay today. Happy 37th Anniversary to you and Tim! Congratulations. Love your new sofa and table; it looks amazing. Marty is coming along well but his arm is still very lame; he has to lift it. He arm chair gets picked up Tuesday and he has his pulleys set up at the gym to use. We all know he will do the necessary therapy. He isn’t in much pain.

@missy wow you are putting on the miles this year. Nice! I am glad you got your medicine and hope it helps you. How frustrating dealing with your doctors too. Love the picture of impatiens. My mom had an old copper wash tin she filled with pink impatiens; it look great. She had a green thumb for sure. The rains in the NE have been unreal! Such horrible flooding.

@Austina how exciting you got your VISAs and are on your way to Texas this week. Congratulations! Nice your car was worth that much. Used and new cars are in short supply here too. It sounds like you and Colin are moving right along with getting things wrapped up and ready to move. Marty’s doctor appointment went well and my work week was horrid - my BP paid the price on the day I went to the doctor.

@canuk-gal sorry you had a few exhausting days at work; I hate when life reminds you that you haven’t seen it all. Glad you enjoyed the day going out with your DH. I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend. I missed (or forgot) what is wrong with your sore arm - hope it’s doing better. That was nice of the young man offering to help you.

@MamaBee hope you are doing well.

#bling_dream19 any new bling projects coming your way?

Thank you all for the kind words about my pictures. My tripod arrived too but it’s still really smoky here.

Frustrating work week; as many of you know - lots of rain out there causing many last minute changes for baseball. My employees are often inept in rush situations which at this point in time is very frustrating - my boss is right about them but they are better than nothing.

I haven’t felt good (or myself) for quite a while so as you may remember went to the doctor in early August. I had my follow up this week including blood test results. Good news - I lost 7 pounds in less than a month! Bad news BP and heart beat were high that day- but that was probably stress related to work that morning. BP and heart rate has been good at home. Kidneys, liver, lungs, heart all seem good except I do have a heart murmur. No diabetics. I am apparently anemic and he mentioned some possible disease he thinks my results might indicate - I googled it and sure hope I don’t have it. My thyroid puts out the right amount but my brain says no that’s too much so he’ll have to keep an eye on that. My cholesterol was slightly high but not enough to worry about. My knee is on hold because I can’t get a MRI unless I do a month worth of therapy first. The anti inflammatory meds he had me on for a month gave me horrible nasal drip to the point of me sounding like I have bronchitis all the time so he has me trying 2 extra strength Tylenol (500 mg each) and 1 Ibuprofen (600 mg) up to three times a day. So far it seems like way too many pills and my knees are NOT happy with it. I haven’t been this sore or stiff since I started lifting. I was miserable with my head draining in to my throat all the time though. He totally doesn’t want me taking aspirin though due to me being anemic. He didn’t even crack a smile when he said my liver was good - because naturally since I think I’m funny - I said I’m surprised because I know my check liver light came on many times when I was in college. Then I ran in to a nasty Karen at Walgreens when I went to pick up my prescriptions. I had just parked my car in the handicap spot and she incorrectly assumed I didn't have a placard to park there - she was so stinking nasty. She glared at me through the passenger window, looks at my mirror, stomps around my car looking at my front and back plates then pointed to the handicap sign. By then I had my placard in hand and just waved it at her then hung it on my mirror. If I had ran in to her in the store I totally would have said "Hi Karen". Way to go through life assuming the worst of people!

Today I just did house stuff - lots of laundry and relaxed other than that. We ate out both meals and I am reading Stephen King’s new book.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a sunrise from this week
Sunrise.jpg

Here is Killer with Marty's new lens - it's not even extended all the way. Killer would fit in most women's hands.
Killer.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

@marcy, I am really sorry the doctor brought up something at your appointment that frightened you. I hope he follows up on his concerns about your bloodwork and has recommendations on the next steps to take. I also hope your stiffness and soreness subside soon. I'm glad you relaxed a little over the weekend, and please do more of that! <3 Your sunrise picture is gorgeous!
@Austina, navigating your way throught this move is a full time job. Continued good luck with it all, hang in there. Wonderful news about your passort and visa! Good to see the house is starting to take shape, very exciting.
@mrs-b, so sorry about your back pain and I hope it eases up for you soon. And I hope your furbabies continue to do ok. Happy Anniversary! Your new furniture is beautiful, love what you chose. As for DD, so far so good - The first few days with the kids went pretty well, fingers crossed it continues. I was glad to see that Eleanor is settling in and enjoying school.
@missy, I hope this new medication helps you, and I hope the nebulizer is helping your asthma too. It's great you've had a good summer with all the cycling you've been doing and hopefully you'll be able to keep it up for the next month or two.
@MamaBee, I'm glad this thread brings you companionship and support. I saw your pink ring on Instagram and it is dreamy.
@bling_dream19, hi! thanks for the nice words about my ring, I'm glad you like it. I'm really enjoying it. I hope things are good with you.
@Jemi, thinking of you and hoping your trip back to France went well, if that's what you ended up doing. And I hope your granddaughter, and her parents, are getting some sleep!
@Slick1, I hope the school year is off to a good start for you. I love the pics of Bear you posted, he is the sweetest thing.

Everyone is doing well on my end...ds and dd are both headed to NJ beaches for Labor Day weekend. dh and I are heading back to NJ on Monday - It will be nice to be able to see dd and ds more often.

Wishing everyone well!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy big and small dog Labor Day Sunday!

@marcy I am so sorry you are dealing with a potentially scary issue and hope it turns out to be something very manageable and curable. I thought your liver joke was hysterical. I am sorry work is being a bear (not in a good way) and I hope it goes smoothly next week. I hope you start feeling much better very very soon. Let me know if SK's new book is good. I didn't even know he had a new one out. I liked his earlier work when he used the pseudonym Bachman IIRC the name. I hope you have a good Sunday and am sending you lots of well wishes and hugs. What a gorgeous sunrise photo. Hahaha Killer is fierce. As for that Karen they are all around. There are some Karen's on PS too. :lol:

@canuk-gal you are so right. Eerily like nothing had happened. The day after it couldn't have been more gorgeous here. Mother Nature is swift and cruel and then it's over. Until the next time. Yay for getting designer loot at a fraction of the cost and double yay for good weather.

@bling_dream19 thank you sweetheart for all your continued good wishes and right back at ya. Hope your mom and DH and dad and all your loved ones continue to do well and be well.

@junebug17 glad your summer went well and happy for you that your DS and DD are visiting and soon you will see them as much as you want to when you are back in NJ. I cannot believe how fast the summer went. Safe travels on Monday.

@Austina hope you are having a good weekend. And getting ready for your big trip Tuesday.

@mrs-b big hugs and continued healing vibes. You remain in my thoughts.

@sarahb hope your weekend is going well and you are enjoying the lovely holiday weekend.

@Slick1 keeping good thoughts for everyone back at school, teachers and kids alike. Be safe and be well and big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. We had a great day yesterday. Cycling and ice cream and animals. We visited Archie who is more than double the size again. Wow. And it was a fun filled day and the weather could not be better. 70s crisp and cool.

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 5.49.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 5.49.46 AM.png

And our ICOTD.

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 5.49.36 AM.png

May everyone I love have a beautiful Sunday. Be well and be happy. XOXO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug17 I’m guessing the doctor isn’t too worried at this point - he wants blood work done in November then I see him December 1st again. If it looks the same or worse he said he’d refer me to a hematologist. You know Dr Google can convince you of almost anything. Ha Ha. Nice to get to see DD and DS for the Labor Weekend plus be at the beach. Enjoy!

@missy I am glad someone liked my liver joke. I just go through life without being able to laugh and enjoy myself. I am sure I’ll be fine; other than arthritis and allergies I am generally fine so I knew something was amiss lately. I’m working on it, right? I am totally caught up in the new SK book - it’s named Billy Summers. It’s about a hit man that takes his last job so it’s told basically from his point of view and kind of goes between his current job and his life story. Sadly there are Karen’s everywhere. I couldn’t believe the attitude of that lady; she was mad the minute she saw me park there. Glad you got to add more miles on the bike, got to visit Archie and mmm to ice cream!

I slept in a bit today. Marty has been waking up at 3 am again since his surgery. He apparently was in the back yard taking constellation pictures at 4 am today - they are easily recognizable but not in focus. Oops. He then ventured to the park to see if he could get the sunrise over the lake; he did get a nice shot there. When I got up and saw the light on in the basement so figured he was downstairs - I come walking out in the living room and set off the alarm. That really woke me up and probably some of the neighbors. Oops.

We cooked breakfast - I did the parts that require 2 hands then Marty went to the gym and I lifted. Afterwards I decided I wanted strawberries and I needed a few birthday cards so I went grocery shopping - testing my new knee meds that way. We are having grilled chicken today with fresh fruit and cottage cheese - tomorrow is tenderloins and corn on the cob. I hope Marty can manage corn on the cob; he’s clever so he’ll figure it out. The brat keeps taking his waste sling off and leaving his arm hang. He was trying to plug a cord in to his monitor downstairs and then tried to pick up that arm. Like I tell him - I am glad I’m not the only stubborn person in this house!!!

Okay - off to get some BD cards ready to send then read.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We are enjoying gorgeous weather! Cycled and the paths and water were busy!!

I hit the farmers market a few days ago--and bought gorgeous veggies for soup. Not soup weather but when the beets are fresh you make borscht! My sister gave me her ancient french onion soup recipe and I made that as well. Really lovely rich broth. mmmmmm

NIRDI shout out!!! Hope everyone's long weekend is going well.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Labor Day Monday!

@marcy glad you slept in a bit and got to lift too. Sorry Marty is having trouble sleeping the night through. Your Labor Day meal sounds delicious. Tell Marty to keep that sling on so he heals faster. Men. Good for getting the BD cards you needed and being ahead of the curve. It was our good friend's birthday yesterday and I hope she had a wonderful day. Thanks for the info on the SK book. I really want to get back into reading that isn't medical journals, medical books and such.

@canuk-gal good for you getting fresh veggies at the Farmer's Market. I love a good hearty soup filled with yummy veggies even in the warmer weather. Yay for cycling. It was busy here too yesterday cycling wise. Lots of people enjoying the gorgeous weather. Not sure if the rain will stop early enough for us to go cycling today speaking of weather. We shall see. Enjoy a lovely Monday.

@Austina good luck tomorrow. I hope it goes smoothly. Safe travels.

@mrs-b hope you are feeling well and out of pain and I am hoping so hard somehow the surgery gets moved up further.

Hi @Slick1 @bling_dream19 @sarahb @Polabowla @springerspaniel @junebug17 @MamaBee and everyone else. Happy Monday.

We had a great ride yesterday but the wind was strong so it was an energy filled ride to get to where we wanted to be and back. Whew. I was tired afterwards but it felt good. That wind was STRONG. Not sure if the rain will stop early enough today to ride. I haven't checked the weather report for this morning yet but it rained overnight and is still raining. I cannot believe it is the official end of summer. Going too fast.

Speaking of too fast that ice cream started melting fast yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 5.35.53 AM.png

And 2 quick pics of Oliver last night. Sometimes he can be a love. Other times not so much. :lol:

oliveroncouch.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 5.34.43 AM.png

Be well, stay safe and have a fun Monday girls. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quickie while I’m having a sit down between the mania!

I’ll catch up when we’re (hopefully) in Tx.

Had our PCR tests yesterday, and the results were back in 2 hours. I can’t say having your tonsils and brain tickled was particularly pleasant, but necessary.

See you on the other side :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results