shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Happy Birthday @missy! 781DC2A9-3BA1-4874-8EE3-11C9FFB4ABB0.jpeg I hope it was wonderful…I’m so sorry I missed it..:wall::cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Happy Birthday @missy! 781DC2A9-3BA1-4874-8EE3-11C9FFB4ABB0.jpeg I hope it was wonderful…I’m so sorry I missed it..:wall::cry2:

Aww thank you sweet Joanne. Please no worries at all. You are a true friend and I know you are here for me whenever I need you and same me for you. XOXO. Please consider what I told you today when we were talking. Please take care of you so you are around for everyone else. Please do not do what you said you were going to do. Please reconsider. I say this with love and much caring.

8DD4DAC3-8DAA-4558-8294-1BC0EF011C11.png 2D3D60FB-AA19-42E7-82AD-D4E001A324E4.png

Did you see this sculpture? We love him so much. We call him "T" :)

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 5.58.30 AM.png

Happy Belated birthday Missy!! XX
Mrs b, yay to having Cirrus home. A good start.
sending love.

Austina...onward!
Love your land...big sky country.

A dull day here...on messaging hold with Delta Airlines for the past five hours. The wait times are terrible these day.
So all I can do is dust, look at my phone, vacuum, look at my phone, do a load of laundry, look at my phone. Lol I guess it’s good for me to stay home and get the stuff done!

Thank you dear @Jemi! I am sorry you are having issues with the airlines. A friend of ours had a tough week with them too. Her DD is heading to college friday and the airline canceled her flight. Luckily they were able to rebook. Whew. Hope it works out for you. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad you had a lovely birthday @missy, you deserve it.

Oy @Jemi, that’s a ridiculous amount of time to be on hold, I hope you eventually got through and got your travel plans sorted out.

Sounds like a lovely time @junebug17, what did you watch on Netflix?

I’m exhausted. We had to go up to London today for our medicals. We got to the station early, just as well, the train we were originally going to get was cancelled. We got there early so had lunch, then went by taxi to the medical offices. It was all very straightforward, BP, chest xray, bloods, eye test and just going through medical history. They suggested I have another tetanus shot as it’s been 9 years since my last. I opted not to have the MMR vaccine, as I had all the illnesses as a child, so they’re going to test for residual immunity, and if I need it, then I’ll arrange to have it before the interview.

We got home at 5pm (after leaving home at 10am) and I’m shattered.

We’ve got a busy day tomorrow, we’re visiting Highclere Castle (home of Downton Abbey) with Sue & Rob, this was booked for April 2020, but got cancelled.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@mrs-b thank you. I got some better shots of flowers tonight - I wish we’d get clear skies so I can venture away from our front yard. I hope Cirrus is doing better; mega dust coming his way and I am glad he is at home. Eleanor is a lovely young lady and I know you miss her.
@missy Happy Birthday and I am glad you had such a wonderful day. Your pictures are great and your ice cream looks awesome. What wonderful flavors. Great crown picture. Darn you and Greg had to cycle home in the rain. A friend and I were out in my dad’s jeep with the top off and got caught in rain and hail - we looked like a couple of drowned rats when we got home; yet it is now a fun memory. Is you computer acting better?

@Austina very scary about the lightning bolt; glad it didn’t do more damage. Look at the progress on your house. Very exciting. I hope your medicals went well and you and Colin get rested up after a long day.

@canuk-gal I am glad your smoke was a bit better - it was a bit lighter her today too.

@Jemi beautiful sunrise and enjoy wearing your jewelry again.

Hi @bling_dream19 and @MamaBee

@junebug17 thanks for clarifying on Ocean City - I forget there are multiple cities out there with the same name. I am NOT good at geography. I am glad you have a nice time visiting with your DD.

I have been busy lens shopping - Marty has bought 2 nice lens so now I want one - I know it’s not a competition but still. Ha Ha. The lens I think I want is out of stock everywhere. There are some really nice ones that would be like sticking a brick on my tiny camera.

I had to run to the dentist to have them check that temporary crown; it was feeling funny, rough and jagged. Yep, it needed replaced. It has honestly never been comfortable; the one they put in today already feels like it belongs there. After that they told me to eat soft food today and chew on the other side so I stopped and ate lunch before heading back to work. I decided to run my car through a car wash and since I have short arms I pulled up close to the touch screen and ended up dropping my debit card on the ground. I squeezed my butt out through the few inches my car dar would open and got my card back then had “fun” trying to get back in my cockpit set without bending my right knee too much. My knee complained to me off and on this afternoon, After returning to work my adventures settled down for the day.

I lifted when I got home and had a hamburger patty and peach for supper. Then took a few flower pictures.

Here is some of the flower pictures from tonight and the sunrise this morning.

Take care.
Marcy
IMG_1177.JPG FlowersAug11.jpeg

Jemi

Rough_Rock
Hello lovelies

Glad you had a lovely birthday @missy, you deserve it.

Oy @Jemi, that’s a ridiculous amount of time to be on hold, I hope you eventually got through and got your travel plans sorted out.

Sounds like a lovely time @junebug17, what did you watch on Netflix?

I’m exhausted. We had to go up to London today for our medicals. We got to the station early, just as well, the train we were originally going to get was cancelled. We got there early so had lunch, then went by taxi to the medical offices. It was all very straightforward, BP, chest xray, bloods, eye test and just going through medical history. They suggested I have another tetanus shot as it’s been 9 years since my last. I opted not to have the MMR vaccine, as I had all the illnesses as a child, so they’re going to test for residual immunity, and if I need it, then I’ll arrange to have it before the interview.

We got home at 5pm (after leaving home at 10am) and I’m shattered.

We’ve got a busy day tomorrow, we’re visiting Highclere Castle (home of Downton Abbey) with Sue & Rob, this was booked for April 2020, but got cancelled.

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Totally envious!! I just watched D.Abbey all the way through for the second time and really want to visit the castle as I now feel as though I’ve lived there LOL.
Please tell all about your visit!

Marcy, I cringed to hear that you had to squeeze out of your sapphire jet to retrieve the card.
Is the new crown the permanent one? (I hope).

Yes, a 5 hour on-hold time is ridiculous. While waiting I looked up Delta wait times and it said people have waited as much as 12 hours. But it’s not too painful to wait because it’s messaging, not a phone call. Delta is swamped due to the fluctuating travel situation and lower staff.
Anyway, I have my ticket to be on the same flight with my DD and DGD so I can help. When we get to CDG her husband will pick them up, and Kiné and I will head for a hotel and take the train the next day. I am no fool...3 1/2 hours in a car full of luggage, baby and dog sounds like a recipe for a “family dynamics test”. Lol

(Edited to finish post)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy gorgeous photos. :kiss2: Sorry you got caught in the rain too. Thanks for the birthday wishes again. I appreciate it. My computer has too many tabs open so every day I have to reset it for it to work. I have to close some tabs but I am not that organized and I like a lot of things open as I go back and forth lol. Greg just shakes his head at all the things I have open. :lol: Greg's phone got wet when we were cycling in the rain despite it being supposedly protected in a waterproof jacket. Not so waterproof. He put it in with silica packs and it is working better now but we shall see if he needs a new phone.

I am glad you got your temporary crown replaced. That feeling of something not being right is not a good one. Speaking of crowns Greg needs one now too. Our dentist (our friend) is going on vacation again but this time not within driving distance and she asked Greg if we wanted to wait because he made the appointment a week before her vacation. She will have an on call dentist covering in case of emergencies though so Greg decided not to wait. I hope nothing goes wrong. If you remember she came down from her last vacation to help me out when my permanent crown came out. I still remember the shock when it popped out as I was flossing. Oy to the vey. OK enough tooth talk haha. Hope your new crown feels good and stays put Marcy.

Glad you lifted yesterday. Me too. If you call what I do lifting. :lol:
I am sorry your knee is bothering you again. Guess what? My toe started bothering me again too. We cannot make this stuff up. 8)

Hope your Thursday goes smoothly and you feel well.

Hi @MamaBee yay for your power being restored quickly. My heart was in my mouth as your storm was raging and what a relief everything is back to normal. We experienced lighting and thunder too last night but not like you. And we are now in a heat wave so I know each day and night we have thunderstorms possible. Sigh. We are in the thick of summer. Too hot to cycle IMO so be it. Greg's friend is in from SC but I am not sure what to do. Greg really wants to see them but it is super hot out and I refuse to meet inside due to Covid so not sure if we will be able to get together with them since the heat index is in the hundreds for the next 2 days. Glad your mom is with you and enjoy.

Hi @Austina hope you got a good night's rest and are recovered from the past few days. I feel for you because the past few days have been exhausting for me as well. I am glad you got all your medical stuff taken care of and all is well. Thanks for your sweet birthday wishes and I hope you have a lovely Thursday.

Hi @Jemi!

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. Another hot day here so no cycling for us but I am sure we will find a way to enjoy the day. Stay cool and be well. Hugs and love to each one of you.

Leaving you with a photo my friend took. Breathtaking.

scenicview.jpg

Enjoy a beautiful Thursday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, I forgot to share my Osprey photo.

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 5.51.08 AM.png

Close up.
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 5.50.02 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY y'all.
Hope everyone is well and happy and enjoying this August day.
It's day 3 of our heat wave. Real feel was 111 yesterday.

111degreesF.png

Yup, it's HOT.

Stay cool and be well girls. Many hugs and much love from me to you. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!

Another mini heat wave here--too busy to cycle yesterday but today for sure. I did go for a walk tho. It was my son's BD so I ate cake! We'll go out for dinner tomorrow to celebrate.

Work was quiet again, good. lol

@Jemi Will you miss the US when you leave?

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @marcy, those flower shots are so clear, I feel like I could lean forward and smell them. Glad you got your crown fixed, it should always feel like it’s part of you. I’ve often had to lean out of the car window to reach the ticket machine in a car park :lol:

Despite the promise of good weather, it was raining when we got to Highclere @Jemi. It’s set amongst rolling acres of lush green grass, with lots of sheep grazing. The building itself looks a little less clean than on screen, but despite being a stately home, it actually felt quite cosy. Lots of family photos on display, and shots from the TV series. It was fun to see where some of the famous scenes were shot, and makes you realise how clever camera angles can make it seem so much larger. The highlight for me was after the tour of the main house, and going in to the basement to see the Egyptian exhibits, and the story of Howard Carter and Lord Caernarfon‘s discovery of Tuts tomb. We then had afternoon tea in a Marquis in the garden, with a glass of bubbles.

Glad you’re having good weather, and happy birthday to your DS @canuk-gal. Enjoy your meal out tomorrow.

:shock: 111 degrees @missy, I’m with you for staying in the cool. What did you decide about Greg’s friend, is there nowhere outside but in the shade you could meet up? Wow to your friend’s photo, it really is amazing.

We’ve had a busy day, first time we were able to get out and go food shopping this week, then I had cleaning to do, then a hair appointment. I got a call from Costco about the earrings, they’ve bought a new diamond tester, and they all came up trumps :lol: So this afternoon we went and bought them!

B0FCBB34-C1C4-4232-8184-77C32BB845EE.jpeg

They’re real sparkle bombs.

No plans for the weekend, just getting on with more sorting out and having an otherwise lazy time.

Hope you’re all keeping safe and well :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina I adore diamond hoops. Yours look gorgeous!

We rode in 29C weather--and were utterly spent by the time we got home. We did enjoy a long ride, lunch out and my DH had 2 scoops of ice cream--but it was a little hot for such long ride (we changed our route....)

Anyway.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina oh they look amazing on you. You rock them girlfriend!
And your hair looks fabulous. Swoon!

@canuk-gal glad you got a ride in...this is day 4 for us of not cycling. Today threat of thunderstorms and torrential downpours. Been there and done that, no thanks. We will wait til tomorrow when it is supposed to be nicer. Hope whatever you do today is enjoyable.

@Jemi I think I know the answer to Sharon's question....I think you won't miss the USA but you will miss your friends and loved ones and furry farm animals. I hope I can see you in person before you go back to France though I am thinking that is a long shot. :(

@sarahb I hope you are enjoying a terrific weekend.

@bling_dream19 I found the cutest shrugs and ordered a dozen in all the different colors. LOL. I have so many clothes but nowhere to wear them :) How is your mom doing? Keeping good thoughts for all of you.

@Slick1 how is Bear? I know you love him more with each day and I know how endless our love can be for our furry family members. I am so happy for all of you.

@mrs-b you remain in my thoughts as does Cirrus. I hope with each day there is improvement and good news.

@marcy glad you are enjoying a good weekend.

@MamaBee I am taking your advice today. Epsom salts. Fingers crossed it works well. I am not up for more emergencies if you kwim. Hope you have a lovely day today.

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I went to one of the cute beach towns yesterday and strolled around despite the high temps. We went in and out of stores with our masks on and only spent 5 minutes inside at each store. We were outside mainly trying to keep safe. But also enjoying the day despite the heat. Today I think we are visiting another beach town. Torrential rainstorms and thunder are predicted so we will see how it goes. Another relaxing day hopefully.

Leaving you with our morning sunrise photo.

Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 6.58.47 AM.png

Stay safe, be well and enjoy.
Big hugs to you lovely ladies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In honor of Caturday Saturday here is a flash back to 2009.

Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 7.03.41 AM.png

My friend Paulette who I worked with at our health clinic (she's a psychologist) had this paper mâché tiger in her office. I always admired it when I was in her office chatting. One day she came into my office and said this is for you. I know how much you love it and I want you to have it. I was greatly touched. I took it home and immediately Francesca fell in love with the tiger too. ❤️

Dedicating this post to my good friend Paulette and to Francesca. We love you and miss you every single day Francesca. You will always be our little girl.

Jemi

Rough_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!

Another mini heat wave here--too busy to cycle yesterday but today for sure. I did go for a walk tho. It was my son's BD so I ate cake! We'll go out for dinner tomorrow to celebrate.

Work was quiet again, good. lol

@Jemi Will you miss the US when you leave?

cheers--Sharon

Heat wave here too, too hot to work outside, but it makes the grass grow. Which makes one have to work outside lol

That’s an interesting question. I will probably miss the states more than I realize now.

Austina, Beautiful earrings! And they look great with your hairstyle. You are an inspiration.

happy Katter day Missy. My auto correct likes Katter day but ykwim! 10C39FC8-F977-4F5D-844D-451B656EFCEB.jpeg

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Horrible air quality today super smoky! Ugh. Too dam many fires everywhere! :((

Glad we rode yesterday.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jemi how is your granddaughter doing? I traded the blue streak in on a pearly white Macan in April while you were gone. The warranty was OUT so I decided to get a new car. I went to test drive an Audi Allroad (it’s an A6 station wagon) but ended up with the new Macan. I am totally enjoying it. My crown is temporary and hopefully will stay in place until November when the Periodontist can see me. I cracked off 1/4 of a tooth under the gum so they are going to see if they can dig it out enough to put a crown on it - my other option is get it pulled. LOL that trip will be a test of family dynamics. I hope it goes well for all of you. Ugh to being on the phone that long.

@missy glad it is an easy fix on your computer. I am good on my laptop but my iPad tends to have a ton of things open. Did Greg’s phone dry out and work okay? I hope so! I hope Greg fairs well at the dentist, what’s up with all of us and crowns and we aren’t talking about “royalty”? Ha Ha. Darn our toes and knees; I hope you are doing better. The anti inflammatory the doctor put me on is making my head drain; I am going to a box of tissues a day, my nose looks like Rudolph, it makes me cough and gives me a sore throat. I don’t know it’s worth it. Your friend’s panoramic picture is gorgeous. Beautiful place. Nice osprey photos. We saw an eagle tonight but didn’t stop for a photo. That’s HOT there! Your morning sunrise is gorgeous!

@canuk-gal happy birthday to you son! I am glad you enjoyed dinner out celebrating. Mmm cake. Darn fires.

@Austina the curse of us ladies leaning out the window to get to ATM and other drive up devices. Your diamond hoop earrings look perfect on you! Love the size. Glad they tested positive.

I’ve had a miserable few days - the new med I am on is really giving me fits. My mouth is broke out, my nose is red and sore from blowing it every few minutes. I don’t know whether to call for a change or not. Other than that annoyance I feel fine, Apparently it is a common side effect with that med.

Marty had a mini lifting competition at his gym today but I skipped it thinking everyone would think I was sick. We went out to eat when Marty was finished. I did laundry but not much else. We ran north of town again to try for a repeat of last night’s sunset but it was a rather bland one. We did have a cool storm cloud though.

Marty got a new 10-18mm lens for his Sony - it is really an awesome lens. I keep looking to get a new lens but all of the ones I want are heavier than my tiny camera which kind of defeats my goal of having a light weight camera I don’t need to mount on a tripod. Oh well, I’ve picked a lens that is supposed to be very sharp and weights about 4-5 oz. more than my camera. I don’t don’t that will be too bad. We will see.

Take care.
Marcy

A collage of the cloud tonight and sunset. My individual pictures are too big to post on here so this makes them smaller.
Tonight.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHMIGOD @marcy I LMAO with you saying "glad @Austina your earrings tested positive"! NO ONE is allowed to say that these days!!! Made my day, except for your yucky reaction to your new meds. Feel better soon.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal I am glad I gave you a chuckle.

It's been a lazy, smoky day around here. My last batch of laundry is drying. I lifted this morning. I did run to Walgreens and get some cough syrup, cough drops and Nyquil - the Nyquil I had was good through 2018 so II figured I needed something new! Since I was out I picked up burgers for us for lunch. I did get a new camera lens on the way, yay!

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy awful smoky day here also...total yuk.

Did a few errands and heated up the left over rib eye, asparagus and scalloped potatoes left over from last night dinner out. So delish!

There is rain in the forecast so I hope that helps toward the drought and forest fires.

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal your leftovers sound delicious! Stupid smoke. Let's hope we get lots of rain both there and here and everyone in between! I think most of my "cold" symptoms are allergy related.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Happy Sunday.
Sorry I didn’t get to post this morning.
We had a wonderful ride today and the weather cooperated finally.

Ice cream today.

FD32025C-46E9-4BD2-B924-DF7C7ACDCBD4.jpeg

Yesterday we went to Pt Pleasant and walked around. We also added a new family member from Pr Pleasant lol. Meet Simon.

AA7FE506-AFC5-4F61-ADE5-2CEC2DDE0997.jpeg

And T Rex is back! His momma texted us and then we saw him as we cycled home. He’s looking sharp.

31E85926-E69B-45F7-9544-8391F958C790.jpeg

@Jemi I hope your heat wave is breaking. It was much nicer here today. The past 4 days preceding this one however were brutally hot. Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

@marcy aww I’m sorry about your new med and the side effects. I hope it calms down soon. I hope the NyQuil and cough drops help. Gorgeous photos. Glad you had a relaxing day today.

@canuk-gal ugh I hope the smoke clears soon and the rain helps. Your dinner last night sounded scrumptious and glad you enjoyed it.

@bling_dream19 hope you’re having a wonderful weekend.

@Slick1 hope you and Bear and family are enjoying a peaceful and beautiful Sunday.

@MamaBee lol I’m like David. Get me into the bath and I’m there forever. I too get very pruney:)

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. Enjoy the rest of a wonderful Sunday. Hugs and love to all of you.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy shrugs, did I hear shrugs, I love shrugs! I love boleros too, not sure if they are the same thing. Yay for getting happy clothes! I got to see my parents this weekend so that was good. I hope everyone is well and happy. Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy (how did it get here so fast) Monday!

@bling_dream19 yes very similar. I think they can be interchangeable. I think of a bolero jacket as dressy and a shrug as casual but I could be completely wrong. I wore a bolero jacket at our wedding. I had it custom made for my dress. I am very happy you got to visit with your family this past weekend!

@sarahb I hope you had a good weekend and are looking forward to a sweet week.

@mrs-b you and Cirrus remain in my thoughts. I am only a phone call away. Continued healing vibes and lots of love being sent your way.

@Austina hope you had a good weekend and got to do something fun and relax too.

@marcy I hope the med reaction clears up and all goes smoothly.

@MamaBee hope you had a good night's sleep. Not saying it's your fault but I dreamt of bugs last night. Hmmmm. :lol:

Hi to everyone else. Looks like a good cycling day so we hope to take advantage of it. Starting perhaps tomorrow, or perhaps Wednesday, more rain for the rest of the week. So it goes.
Stay well and enjoy. Sending love and hugs to my sweet friends.

Leaving you with a sweet creamy treat. Vegan Cherry Vanilla. Ohh emm geee so good.

vegancherryvanilla.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh yum to ice cream @missy, it hasn’t really been ice cream weather here lately. Glad you got to enjoy walking around, despite the heat, and as usual, the photos are just lovely. I hope you managed to get out and cycle today ahead of the wet weather. Thank you for the earring and hair love. I’m getting a bit concerned because I think my hair is thinning on top, I think it’s stress, I hope it’s just that :(

Ugh to horrible smokey weather @canuk-gal, are these fires a seasonal thing, or is this something new? Your leftovers sound similar to our Saturday evening meal except we had filet with a mustard sauce.

Oh no @marcy, sorry to hear that your meds have been causing problems, that sounds horrible. Have you tried out your new lens yet? I’m all for an easy life, but we’re trying to eat up what we have in our freezer, so no take away for us.

Sorry the heat is proving too much @Jemi , please send a little our way, it doesn’t feel like summer at all here.

We had planned to have an easy weekend, but you know plans and all. We had thought our buyers might want to come and have another look, so we cleaned the house, but heard nothing from them. We’ve been sorting out more things to get rid off and had a trip to the tip today to get rid of rusty garden tools. Then we came back and cleaned the car as it was rather grubby.

I rang the medical centre 57 times this morning, yes 57, before I got through to someone, as I was waiting on the results of my blood test to see if I had immunity for Mumps, measles and rubella. They said they’d call me back, and yep, no call, so I had to ring again this afternoon, and they’d “just” got the results :roll: Much as I suspected, I have immunity from having the illnesses as a child, so glad I didn’t have the vaccine last week.

I’ve been listing more things to get rid of on the free site, lots of DVD’s.

Happy Monday, lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina we are living in some apocalyptical world that I cannot explain. Our neighboring Province has hundreds of fires burning and while it is not uncommon to have some fires, this year is unusual.

Work is unusually quiet--so guess I'll be at home. Might be a good time to find a hobby that isn't riding my bike.

I have not been sleeping well, ( never do but lately it has been worse) so I sent my DH on a scout out for some cannabis gummies. It is legal in Canada (in case someone wanted to call the RCMP!) so I will try them.

Well, I guess I better get a move on; that halibut doesn't cook itself.

NIRDI shout out!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy yay for a lovely ride, a cool T Rex and delicious ice cream. Life is good! Hi Simon!

@bling_dream19 nice you got to visit your parents this weekend.

@Austina I think my meds started this but my allergies kicked in and this ended up as a nasty cold. I “think” I’m doing better tonight or at least it seems like I am getting better now. Between smoke, grass, weeds my allergies have been horrid. My new lens arrives Wednesday. Darn for cleaning the house and then the buyers not stop by. You should have seen my parents house when the guy who bought it first saw it; it was a total disaster and mess but I guess he saw past the stuff we had to clean and clean out. What a pain to call 57 times to the medical center; how annoying. Glad you have immunity to those diseases. I’d had the 3 day measles 4 times - I didn’t know you could catch that one again but leave it to me to find out the hard way.

@canuk-gal I was just thinking of taking up knitting again - it’s good to start new hobbies!

I ran poor Marty off about midnight last night with a severe coughing attack. Poor guy! My single NyQuil tablet kicked in after that and I was out until after 5 am. I probably needed some solid sleep. Marty was surprised I went to work and I was surprised they didn’t send me home but I made it through the day. I took cough syrup before I went to work and took in some cough drops for this afternoon. While I am not “well” I am better - less sneezing, coughing and tissue consumption. That is progress! Marty has his surgery tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Tuesday!

@marcy thank you. Ugh to your nasty cold. Those are no fun especially with Covid around. I know every sneeze/sore throat makes me think uh oh, please don't be Covid. I am sorry your allergies are horrid now. Mine too. My asthma is out of control. So much so I went to urgent care last week and am waiting to see an allergist. But not sure much can be done for me as I really do not want to go on steroids because of my bones and also my potential to flare my POD. So I am sure my new allergist will be frustrated with me at the first visit since I know steroids are the course of action here. I hope he will be kind and understanding. Anyway hope you feel much better very soon. OMG you had the measles 4 times??? I am glad you got some sleep last night so your body can heal. Continued well wishes being sent your way.

@Austina I am glad you are protected from M and M and R. Greg got the measles shot twice and it didn't take. Our internist said that happens to some people so he is not protected from the measles and there is nothing we can do. There was (is?) an outbreak a few years ago and we went through all of this with the vaccines but they don't work for him for some reason. So we just hope he doesn't get the measles. Not a good disease in adults for sure. Like we don't have enough to be concerned about. Oy. Glad you finally got the good news but sorry it took lots of persistence on your part. Wonder why the buyers didn't contact you? At least your house remains spic and span. :)

@canuk-gal I am so sorry about all the wildfires. Yes it does feel like some sort of Apocalyptic world right now. Raging pandemic, wildfires, earthquake (poor Haiti), floods, what's happening in Afghanistan, and so on and so forth. Is it the end of the world? Sometimes I am scared it is and other times I wish it was....sigh. Anyway sending you lots of good wishes and good thoughts and hope things look up soon. Hope the Halibut last night was yummy.

@bling_dream19 hope you had a good Monday.

@Slick1 Bear is the most precious baby. SO handsome and so sweet.

@Jemi hope all is going well. Sending you hugs and good wishes.

@MamaBee your DIL is so lucky to have you.

@sarahb thinking of you and hoping the rest of your summer is a good one. Be well and enjoy.

Hi to everyone else.
We had a good bike ride yesterday.
It was cloudy with nice temps. High 70s. Perfect.
Today chance of rain but we are going cycling hoping we stay dry.
Next few days and then the weekend rain so this might be the last cycling day for a while.

Enjoy a good Tuesday lovely ladies.
Sending hugs and love your way.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 5.36.10 AM.png

May your Tuesday be filled with sweet delights.
XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Honestly when I was a child, if one kid got something, you were encouraged to play with them so you caught it too @marcy. I suppose the theory was better get it all over with as soon as possible. That’s why I had virtually every childhood illness going. The only one I remember feeling really unwell with was whooping cough. The MMR vaccine is live, so I really don’t want to have it if it wasn’t necessary. Oh dear, it sounds like you’ve really been suffering, and boo to work not letting you go home, they’re determined to get their pound of flesh aren’t they? Are you feeling any better today?

Oy @canuk-gal, I hope the fires don’t get any closer to you. I don’t sleep well at all, I hope the gummies work for you. I think Adam took serotonin or was it melatonin when he travelled a lot, to help him sleep and deal with time differences ?

Glad you were able to get out yesterday and ride in good weather @missy, this summer has been a washout for us. The only good thing is that this is the only year I can remember our lawn remaining so green and lush, silver lining and all! We were surprised the buyers didn’t contact the agent about coming too, we said no last weekend because we were isolating before our medical, so thought they might want another look. Poor Greg having to be so careful about measles, that’s strange him being immune to the vaccine.

I hope Cirrus is doing much better @mrs-b and your Crohns has settled down.

We have a mortgage appraiser coming tomorrow for the buyers, so I’ve had a quick tidy, and thankfully the house is already clean, so just a quick flick of the duster tomorrow.

The days and weeks are just all merging in to one at the moment, everything is moving along quickly now.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@Austina I'm glad we have vaccines and no longer encourage sick people to infect others--chickenpox case in point. Who needs to get that sick?? And no, the gummy I took didn't help my sleep, just gave me a headache. Maybe I need something stronger. lol. I don't take melatonin anymore.

@marcy at work, we are strongly encouraged to stay at home when sick. You have sick time, benefits, no? Hope you feel better soon. Colds and flu suck.

@missy glad you are cycling. Cold and rainy today. It is badly needed here. Hope the farmers are happy!!!!

Very boring day. I hate sitting around at home! I should vacuum but to hell with that!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I did take cough syrup this morning so I didn’t have a coughing fit while at the surgery center. I was always in rooms by myself anyway. I am so sorry your allergies and asthma are bad; it has been a bad year for it and I check the smoke map daily (only to reaffirm it’s as bad as it looks ha ha) and you are probably getting smoke there too. I hope they don’t want you to go on steroids; hurry up first frost! Yes, I had the 3 day measles when I was 3, twice in grade school then my senior year of HS. I thought I had a bad case of zits - I go show my mom look at these zits all over my body - she said um no you have the measles. It brought on arthritis of all things too - the doctor said about 3% of older people who get the 3 days measles get arthritis. Strange, eh? That is too bad Greg doesn’t respond to the measles vaccine. Good deal you got to ride and had some ice cream. I just made Marty and I a small root beer float but blended it so he can drink it one handed.

@Austina yes it was the same here - to develop herd immunity which the human body is quite good at doing. I am sure kids playing outside all the time had better immunity than kids sitting in their house playing video games all day. Times are definitely changing. I am better today, thank you. One more step in selling your house; glad you don’t have much to do for the mortgage appraiser.

@canuk-gal nice to have a boring day and definitely why quit relaxing to vacuum?

Yep my cold / allergies is still hanging around but I am definitely better again today. I don’t have a fever or anything. I hardly used many tissues today and definitely the cough is less intense and far less frequent. Woo hoo - now if I can stay out of smoke and wind for a few days I might be back to normal - if I ever was considered “normal”.

The surgery center was freezing so when they brought Marty a warm blanket in pre-op and he didn’t want it I said I’ll take it. I didn’t let go of that blanket until we left. We got called back to his pre-op room about 10 minutes after we arrived. After they took him to surgery they moved me to a little room by myself then came and talked to me after his surgery. Then they moved me to a waiting room by recovery and no one was there so I felt like I had the entire surgery center to myself. Marty’s shoulder had more damage than expected but they got everything patched up for him. He was in surgery about 75 minutes which was making me kind of nervous since it was estimated to be 45 to 60 minutes. I worry how well he can get his sling off and on with one arm. I guess we’ll find out later. The doctor figures he’ll be in the sling 4-5 weeks. I told him I am sure the scariest part of his day was riding home 60 miles with me driving.

Thank you @Calliecake for keeping me company today. I appreciated it.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results