Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo @missy AJP :dance: Yum coconut :lickout: my favourite flavour for ice cream. Glad you got to ride yesterday, despite the heat. How great that Greg wants to use the new equipment too, makes it good value, and far nicer than going to a gym. Another wet day for us, punctuated with small amounts of rain. Shirley has sent me about 10 emails today, all saying basically the same thing, I think she sends them, then forgets so sends another, poor thing. I also think with her DIL in Ca and her son out at work, she’s unaware of the time and it gives her something to do.

Glad you’ve got today off in lieu of working last weekend, you deserve it. Stay away from the email! :mrgreen: Aww phooey, I was hoping you’d have your ring by now, let’s hope you get it soon, don’t they know we’re all waiting?

That sounds exciting @Jimmianne, as Missy says, modern facilities can’t be beaten. Would you keep your current house if you decided to go for it?

Oh no @Bayek, what a tragedy, that poor family, how awful to have to deal with that. He sounds like a lovely young man, it’s hard to fathom why he would do something like that. You have a lot going on right now, so it’s a good idea to just concentrate on the those at the moment, we’ll still be here when you come back. Sending you a big virtual hug.

Hi @Calliecake, @junebug17 @bling_dream19 & @Niffler75 hope you’re all well and looking forward to the weekend, whatever your plans are.

I’m so upset for my friend, she has a lovely little cocker spaniel, who’s only a couple of years old, and has recently been treated and recovered from cancer. She took her for her vaccinations this week, and without asking, the vet gave her the Kennel cough vaccine. Why, I can’t imagine, it’s even less needed now as people just aren’t going anywhere or boarding their dogs. My friend would never board her dog anyway, and wasn’t consulted. As a result, little Ellie became very ill yesterday, and today Dawn had to take her to the vets and they’ve rung her and told her if she doesn’t rally by the morning, then they’re going to have to say goodbye to her. They’re absolutely devastated as you can imagine.

It’s Adam’s birthday tomorrow, 37 :eek-2::-o, I think there’s some mistake!! He’s booked an Airbnb with a pool, and he and Kim are going for a few days for a change of scenery.

We’ve spent the day filling in forms :appl:Can’t believe it’s finally happening.

We’ve got friends coming for dinner tomorrow, so a busy day ahead.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are are keeping well and safe. :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Bayek I’m so sorry about that young man. It’s heartbreaking. I really feel for the parents. My two younger brothers committed suicide. This news made me cry for his family...Big hugs and love to you. If you’re not going to be on here that much I hope you don’t mind me IG messaging you once in a while to see how you’re doing.
Big hugs...XO
Congratulations @missy! If I have any questions I can go right to you!
I really enjoyed the photos of your parents. I am in awe of normal sweet parents...You’re so lucky. I loved seeing the joy on their faces in the pic when they got to your house..They are the cutest!
@Austina Thank you for asking about Chris...He’s doing okay.Hes taking some meds now which are making him more comfortable.
I’m so excited that you are getting closer to being able to settle in Texas with Adam and Kim...I can’t wait for my husband to retire and move closer to Scott and Allie. Chris has always followed us around so we’ve spent lots of time living near him. He always needs help. I’m hoping this will motivate him to be more independent....As long as he stays sober it can happen...We have to stop being his safety net.
@Jimmianne I laughed that you gave Kine some kibble soup..I wouldn’t have been able to hold out either.
I‘m excited that you may get the little house..Would you put your other one on the market?
I have to make dinner but had to leave you with a pic of a friend’s dog she just adopted. They love him so much. He hit the lotto!
2662DE86-FD67-46F6-8010-2E7307024360.jpeg
Hello and hugs to everyone else..❤

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Can't keep or catch up! NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone is safe and well.

Busy work week but not horrendous. Thank goodness for simple mercies.

Didn't sleep well but did some errands and went for a nice bike ride. Weather is very fine. But I am sad for the leaves falling and turning color; it signals what I don't want to face. I want summer forever. lol

I must be a bug magnet. Every time I cycle get large bugs smashing me in the face! Never happens to my DH or DS, only me. It is very unnerving!!! I guess it is b/c my nose is so big!:lol-2:

We are enjoying the new car--or should i say my DH has been rodding it about town.:rolleyes: Loves the big engine and turbo. LOL I do understand cars, tho. I had a good friend who built and rebuilt "muscle cars" back in the day. When I first met my DH, he could not believe I knew and understood Positraction. :P2

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

Can't keep or catch up! NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone is safe and well.

Busy work week but not horrendous. Thank goodness for simple mercies.

Didn't sleep well but did some errands and went for a nice bike ride. Weather is very fine. But I am sad for the leaves falling and turning color; it signals what I don't want to face. I want summer forever. lol

I must be a bug magnet. Every time I cycle get large bugs smashing me in the face! Never happens to my DH or DS, only me. It is very unnerving!!! I guess it is b/c my nose is so big!:lol-2:

We are enjoying the new car--or should i say my DH has been rodding it about town.:rolleyes: Loves the big engine and turbo. LOL I do understand cars, tho. I had a good friend who built and rebuilt "muscle cars" back in the day. When I first met my DH, he could not believe I knew and understood Positraction. :P2

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal That’s great you got a bike ride in....Yuck to the big bugs! I’m so afraid of big bugs..really any bugs...
My husband didn’t drive my car yet! He said it’s too complicated..It’s not! This is a super smart man. He just doesn’t have patience!
When I read the word Positraction I thought of the movie My Cousin Vinny...I can’t remember the actress but she had a Brooklyn accent that I loved! That’s the word that stood out! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina Happy Birthday to Adam! It’s your special day too!
That’s horrible what happened to your friend’s dog..Is there a chance he will pull through? My vet asks permission for everything. I would be beyond mad if my vet did anything to Bailey without my permission..
@marcy I cant wait to see your new ring. I bought my diamond..Libby..from Shane& Co about fifteen or more years ago. They honored a discount when I told them I was considering another diamond at another store. It was AGS certified so I went with that one. I’m so lucky because I didn’t know what I was doing then.
Your sunset photo is gorgeous!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal That’s great you got a bike ride in....Yuck to the big bugs! I’m so afraid of big bugs..really any bugs...
My husband didn’t drive my car yet! He said it’s too complicated..It’s not! This is a super smart man. He just doesn’t have patience!
When I read the word Positraction I thought of the movie My Cousin Vinny...I can’t remember the actress but she had a Brooklyn accent that I loved! That’s the word that stood out! Haha

That was an excellent movie: I LOL when I heard Marisa Tomei talk about it! Still do!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was an excellent movie: I LOL when I heard Marisa Tomei talk about it! Still do!!!!!

Marisa Tomei is a Brooklyn girl.
She’s pretty cool.
:)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

That’s her!! I loved her in that movie!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. And she chewed gum. I chew a lot of gum!!!:lol:

I used to! And I blew the biggest bubbles. I kept adding pieces of gum to refresh the flavor til it was so gross I had to get rid of it and start again :lol:

These days I chew no more gum. Ahhh the joys of aging. Caused GI distress. But oh the memories hold me. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to! And I blew the biggest bubbles. I kept adding pieces of gum to refresh the flavor til it was so gross I had to get rid of it and start again :lol:

These days I chew no more gum. Ahhh the joys of aging. Caused GI distress. But oh the memories hold me. :lol:

Me too! The wad would be so big I couldn’t keep my mouth closed. I chewed it until it was like chewing a wad of plastic with no taste! You are too young for the plastic wax lips they sold in the corner candy stores.. I wore them around when I was little and then chewed them up too..lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too! The wad would be so big I couldn’t keep my mouth closed. I chewed it until it was like chewing a wad of plastic with no taste! You are too young for the plastic wax lips they sold in the corner candy stores.. I wore them around when I was little and then chewed them up too..lol

Noooo I’m not too young for that. Lol. I remember them. I don’t think I chewed those though. Remember that awful (imo) gum that squirted liquid? Not a favorite of mine. I loved juicy fruit and wrigleys (I was a master at bubble blowing any type of gum..not just bubble gum) and bazooka bubble gum.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy woo hoo for your AJP certificate.

@Austina my ring is delayed longer - see below. I’ll tell them we are all waiting for it to show up. I am so sorry about your friends dog; that is so sad. I hope she is better by tomorrow. Happy Birthday to Adam. Yay for filling out forms today. More progress.

@MamaBee glad to hear Chris is doing better. Your friend’s dog is a cutie and looks like he loves being out on the water. My Cousin Vinny is a great movie. I actually just watched it for the first time last year but have watched it a few times since. That’s cool you got Libby at the Shane Co. They do have some very decent sapphires and diamonds but you have to look through their selection and know what you are looking for in them. I got an AGS0 there which started my research on cut quality that landed me on this website. It was a 1/2 carat AGS0 E VS1; I loved that diamond. I upgraded it for a 3/4 carat G that was a GIA XXX and never really liked that diamond; it didn’t seem to sparkle as much. By the time I upgraded to a 1 carat they hardly had any AGS in stock but I found one. That is what I had before getting my ACA.

@canuk-gal glad your week wasn’t too bad at work. Yay for a nice bike ride; boo that leaves are turning already. I agree Turbos are fun.

The jewelry store called me today because the halo I picked is too small for the sapphire so they need to use the next larger one (which costs more) to which I said that’s fine but I pointed out you already changed the ring so is new ring cheaper? She didn’t know about that change so once it’s all said and done I may or may not need to pay again or more or get a refund? Let’s hope they figure it all out soon; if I’d been home when they called me I would have asked for the replacement ring item number so I could look it up. Oh well, the solitaire band isn’t why I’m buying it. I hope the larger halo isn’t over kill - the one I picked before was 5 pointers, the one they are using are 8 pointers.

The optical shop called saying my glasses were in - I have replacement lenses for my sunglasses and for computer glasses coming it. It turned out the sunglasses came in; they had to cut them and remount the new lenses so I wandered around Hobby Lobby for a while. All the Christmas decorations are out so I looked at them. I went back to my car and waited for the call letting me know my glasses were ready. I finally decided phooey I’ll just go home and the minute I get out of my car in the garage they called me. Back I went.

I should be doing something productive but that sounds too much like work.

Laters,
Marcy

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Congratulations on your AJP! That weight machine looks terrific. I loved the pictures of your sweet parnets--what a cute couple! And thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a great week, and my DH surprised me with beautiful earrings he designed to match the ring we got for our anniversary, also on the same day as my birthday.

@Bayek I am so sorry to hear about your young neighbor's suicide. Parents never recover from losing a child. I will miss your wit and clever observations here on PS while you take a break. I hope your shoulder is healing and you are more comfortable and that the house is coming along nicely.

@Jimmianne how is Kine doing? That house you describe sounds really cool! Can't wait to hear more.

@Austina So excited for you to be able to be closer to your family! I hope Ellie the cocker spaniel has recovered. We also had a bad outcome as a consequence of an unnecessary vaccination for an older dog with kidney disease. We have since changed vets.

@MamaBee I'm glad Chris is taking meds he finds helpful. I remember wax lips and I used to chew them a lot when I was younger. If @canuk-gal wore wax lips on her bike rides, I bet the bugs would be less annoying.

@marcy looking forward to seeing your new ring!

Hi to @Niffler75 @bling_dream19 @junebug17 @Calliecake @AV_ and all the other NIRDIs! I do hope the weekend is a good one.

Ellie the springer spaniel was declared NNN (nearly normal neurologically) at her 4 week post op check and is now enjoying cold laser treatments for her arthritis. DH keeps saying he wants to be reincarnated as our dogs...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noooo I’m not too young for that. Lol. I remember them. I don’t think I chewed those though. Remember that awful (imo) gum that squirted liquid? Not a favorite of mine. I loved juicy fruit and wrigleys (I was a master at bubble blowing any type of gum..not just bubble gum) and bazooka bubble gum.

@missy I would blow a bubble so big it would splat on my nose and face. I would then pop it my my mouth and chew it again! Eeewwww!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ya those lips, were, NOT! But more another time. Striped gum??

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, I hated to read about your friend’s dog. When Kiné was neutered they extracted three teeth without getting my permission. In the States there would be forms to sign, phone calls, etc. Maybe the vets are more worried about lawsuits in the States. I hope their dog pulls through and they avoid heartache.

Mamabee, what a cutie! You can tell from his eyes that he is intelligent as well as handsome. And look at him, driving the boat. : )
Chihuahuas actually do rock

A little disappointed about the house I looked at. The owner overpaid when he bought it, remodeled all the bathrooms, and wants to get his money back out plus profit. If he lists it, it won’t sell. But he doesn’t care if it sells right now, he just offered to me if I wanted it. He wants $100,000 more than the house is worth, so it’s probably time for me to move on.

My car battery died in the parking lot of the hardware store yesterday. That was an adventure, and needless to say, without language skills it was an interesting and complicated afternoon. Lol

Sharon and you guys, stop with the gum! Haha. My teeth are starting to feel chewy chewy.

Happy weekend to everyone.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday.

@springerspaniel woohoo to NNN for Ms Ellie. Wonderful news! Thank you for the lovely congrats. I almost didn't take the courses as I waited for the very last day and it was a mad dash to finish them all. And the power went out which means so did the internet but luckily I finished right before that happened. I am so happy you had a wonderful birthday week and ooooh to new earrings to match your anniversary ring. Happy anniversary too by the way! Nice that your birthday and anniversary are on the same day. You guys will never forget either date. Not kidding Greg and I have forgot two years in a row now but to be fair we have had a lot going on these past 2 years and we did get married twice in the same year so. But I digress. Thank you for your kind words about my parents and everything. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and hugs.

@Austina so exciting for your entire family. I hope your paperwork and process to come here goes very smoothly. I am so very sorry about your friend's dog. There are no words adequate. My heart goes out to her. I am hoping so hard her dog recovers. I am sorry also about Shirley. Poor thing. Life can turn on a dime. First her dh died and then she became unwell. I am acutely aware of how things can go upside down in a flash. Sending you good wishes for a happy and healthy future and all the NIRDIs for the same. Each day is a gift. Hugs and love to you dear Austina.

@marcy thank you! I almost didn't take the courses but then felt guilty I signed up and took a spot from someone else unintentionally because we didn't know they were going to limit how many people took the course. If I had known that I probably wouldn't have signed up but you know since I did I felt obligated. Nice to have but I do not ever plan on doing anything with it but well one never knows right? Sorry about the ring being delayed and changed again but glad you got your new glasses despite having to go back and forth. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend. XO.

Ya those lips, were, NOT! But more another time. Striped gum??

Hmm striped gum. I cannot remember. Please refresh my memory. There was lots of good candy when I was little. I used to enjoy rock candy (my dad was a dentist so go figure haha) and I loved those candy dots on paper too. LOL. My dad wouldn't let us have candy apples though and to this day I have never had one. For some reason those he felt were not OK for our teeth. But rock candy? LOLOL. XO to you Sharon and hope you get to enjoy cycling and lots more and have a wonderful weekend.

@MamaBee I am so sorry. I didn't know about your younger brothers. :( My deepest condolences. I know that it happened a long time ago but still I know one doesn't just move on and get over that. Thank you for your kind words about my parents. We were very lucky growing up. They were and are still supportive and generous and warm and loving. We didn't realize how lucky we were til we got older. Hugs to you my kind and sweet loving friend. You are an amazing woman and I am lucky you are in my life. I am here for you anyway I can be at any time. Hugs and love.

@Bayek speaking of sweet wonderful friends. You continue to be in my thoughts and I hope you can feel the hugs being sent across the internet to you. Love you Kate the Great. I have no words of wisdom about what your neighbor (and all who loved that boy) are going through. Just know I am keeping you all in my thoughts. {{{Hugs}}}.

@Big Fat Facets thank you! Much appreciated.

My car battery died in the parking lot of the hardware store yesterday. That was an adventure, and needless to say, without language skills it was an interesting and complicated afternoon. Lol

Ugh there must be something in the air. Our AC downstairs died last night at around 8PM. And it is pretty warm out. Hope your car battery got recharged yesterday afternoon and then replaced if necessary. Yes everything is more difficult with a language challenge. And then add Covid and well. 'Nuff said.
Oh and sorry about the house. Maybe your neighbor will come to his senses or maybe he won't sell it at all. Whatever will be will be and you still have a lovely home. Maybe think about modernizing the bathroom if that is possible and something you wish to do? It seems now is a good time for long term projects since we are going to be dealing with Covid for a while. Stay well and XO.

@Slick1 hope you are having a fun and happy weekend and that your friday went well. XO.

@bling_dream19 happy weekend dear girl. How are you? How is your hubby? Sending you love and hugs and have a lovely weekend. You deserve it. XO.

Hi to everyone else and happy Caturday Saturday!
So last night I felt it got warm downstairs and sure enough our AC was blowing warm air (or room temp air as Greg said). So we called our AC guy (had the owner's cell phone #) and within the hour he replied he was away but had his top tech Ryan who we know call us. Ryan said he would come out that evening (930PM by then) or he could come out in the morning. We opted for the morning because all the supply stores were closed last night anyway. NO clue what is wrong or how long it will take to be fixed but please cross your fingers for us that it can be fixed easily and hopefully today.

We enjoyed a good cycling day yesterday despite the heat. We aren't riding today as rain and storms are predicted plus Ryan will be here all morning and isn't coming til 9-10AM so the morning at least is blown. Just hope we get that AC fixed. Luckily temps are going down somewhat compared to the 90s we had all week but not going to be cool enough for me without AC comfortably but we can always hang out upstairs where the AC is working (and please let that continue working).

Speaking of cool here's our ice cream of the day yesterday. Poor Dave has run out of all the Dairy free flavors and cannot get any til after Labor Day. There is a shortage with his suppliers and he tried everywhere he could. I enjoyed sorbet yesterday no worries. And then I had ice cream last night too. Haha I am an ice cream glutton.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 6.07.33 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Caturday Saturday dear friends. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yuck! I remember that gum...It was disgusting...haha

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, sending healing dust to your AC.
I got a new car battery...good to Twin-go!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, sending healing dust to your AC.
I got a new car battery...good to Twin-go!!

Yasssss!!! Glad you have a brand new battery. Ryan is coming this AM hopefully and fingers crossed it’s an easy fix. If we need a brand new system we’re going to be in a hot jam :(

Yuck! I remember that gum...It was disgusting...haha

It was! What was it called? Freshen up? I have zero memory of the name. Gross it was. Probably not even around anymore.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yasssss!!! Glad you have a brand new battery. Ryan is coming this AM hopefully and fingers crossed it’s an easy fix. If we need a brand new system we’re going to be in a hot jam :(

It was! What was it called? Freshen up? I have zero memory of the name. Gross it was. Probably not even around anymore.

You have a great memory @missy! I didn’t remember the name so I looked it up. That was it! It’s not being made anymore...I don’t think it went over well..haha Remember Sen Sen? It was purple and had a kind of nasty taste..but I still chewed it because it made my breath smell like flowers..:lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Best of luck with the AC, Madame Hotstuff ! Here’s to an easy fix and cooler times ahead...ASAP

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m sorry your ac is out. I can’t take the heat. Unfortunately whenever it goes out it’s in the bedrooms upstairs. That’s a new system too...My husband sleeps downstairs upright in a recliner with a CPAP machine. He scares me during the night because he looks like Darth Vader..:lol: Veered off topic there...He gets to sleep downstairs in the cool air and I’m on top of the covers doing snow angels in my bed trying to get cool..
@Jimmianne I’m sorry about the house. Your neighbor sounds like he’s trying to flip the house...If you wait until he has the house on the market a while..and the price comes way down...you can consider it then...People always say they don’t have to sell...
@Niffler75 How are you doing now that your husband is at work? Are you nervous about it? I know you said his office is pretty empty..That’s good. How’s your son doing? David is a happy camper. He doesn’t like to work so he’s happy to be home.I am tired. It’s like having a young child home. The day is all about him...Factor in my mom and Bailey...and my days are busy...I guess that’s good...I dream of one day with just me and nothing to do...haha Will they open the schools?
@blingdream How are you doing? What are you doing this weekend?
@junebug17 We‘re not doing another either. This Covid thing is getting really old...We’re in Maryland but going home tomorrow. I took the crew here on Wednesday but Shatzie came on Friday evening. I don’t sleep well in Pa...For whatever reason I sleep much better upstairs in the attic bedroom...It’s the guest bedroom. The other room up there is David’s room. He loves his room...The whole attic is like a little apartment..but without a kitchen.
Thank you for your support on the other thread.
@Calliecake I hope you’re doing well...Have you been able to see the baby? I still haven’t held Noah. How can I be mad at a virus?! I’m sick of this whole thing..What have you been doing to keep yourself busy?
@springerspaniel I‘m happy Ellie is doing better. Bailey is giving me a hard time. He’s wearing his cone because he bit a hole in his knee. He’s on an antihistamine and antibiotics..and wearing the cone of shame. He’s mad at me so he wouldn’t eat his breakfast this morning. He has to eat a big breakfast because he takes nine or ten pills. He only eats wet food so I had to hand feed him..and blow on his nose to make him swallow..

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck with the AC, Madame Hotstuff ! Here’s to an easy fix and cooler times ahead...ASAP

Thanks so much dear @Jimmianne. I’m in super high anxious mode atm. He came here about 45 minutes ago and is still working on it. Oy to the vey. XO.

@missy I’m sorry your ac is out. I can’t take the heat

Thank you Joanne. Me too. I’m upstairs working out and I have it super cold up here. Downstairs is super hot. Please Ryan be able to fix it today. Safe travels to you Joanne. XO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results