carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oy @missy, it never rains but it pours! I just can’t believe that you could’ve done anything to deserve this much bad luck. When is it ever going to end, I expect you ask yourself that at least 100 times a day? You poor thing. Is there anyone who could take Oliver, even if it was just temporarily? I know you would hate to do this, but it might be the right thing short term, to give you time to concentrate on the others, and give him a bit more freedom. He’s young and would adapt more easily than an older puss.

I couldn’t read the article @marcy, but it must be good publicity for Marty and the gym, and will hopefully bring in some new customers. Did you get any other ‘shopping’ today :whistle:?

Hopefully you got home safely @junebug17 despite the long drive to the airport. You must’ve been exhausted when you got back. I hope your home in SC will be safe from Dorian.

Hi @jaaron hope all is well with you.

Mmmm @AV_ lemon jam, I think that’s what we call lemon curd, or is it more like a lemon marmalade? Either way, sounds good to me, I love the taste of lemon :lickout:

Aw phooey to the bad weather crimping your plans @canuk-gal.

I started back at Pilates today after the summer break, and I already know I’m going to be aching tomorrow :lol: The headboard arrived today, and I love it! Can’t wait to get that up at the weekend, still waiting on the cushions, curtains and paintings, hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

We went out this afternoon, met our friends Sue and Rob in Savill Gardens, (part of Virginia Water), just for a cup of tea and a chat.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina Lemon marmalade it is. I have only made lemon curd a couple of times, it is quite alien in this house.

@missy I so hear you about stubbornness! I am not sure I have witnessed a single admission of failure for decades. Stubbornness can kill.
Right now I am feeling like giving Oliver back (he's the only one doing well but he is being kept a prisoner in our bedroom which isn't fair to him but we don't want to 1. reinfect him by exposing him to the other cats and 2. stress Fred out further but letting Oliver out. Bad situation all around.

Elaine is supposed to come this AM.

Interesting option, methinks. If Oliver is clear of ringworm and all else, then, sure enough.

I wish I knew what to say about the rest! Taking a break from most treatments seems OK for the reasons you recount, the procedures are too harsh on everyone.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You must do what is best for everyone, epecially you. Ollie will be fine if you return him because he's damn healthy now. When is your next derm appt? I wonder what is happening behind your knees, I get eczema there... ice cream looks divine... took Salley to the groomer today, John is picking her up now. trying to get the grout in the bathrooms cleanup as it's not horrible but it would bug me, and it has bugged me but I always thought, well I'll hire the "clean grout is us!" and they can come clean it and paint it if need be, but right now they are too far out in scheduling to even consider us. :( not much else new.. I'm sorry you have so much skin stuff going on Missy sending you love. always.!

@Austina tea with friends! sounds like it was a great day. So glad the headboard arrived, looking forward to seeing your new updated home! Pilates, just thinking of it makes me ache ;-) have a great rest of the evening Austina. xoxoxoxo

Hope everyone is having a great day or late evening!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I was just venting this morning. We love Oliver and are keeping him. Unless I change my mind lol. No seriously though I just feel super guilty that he’s in our bedroom isolated for so long. But for his own safety we have to continue because he can get reinfected from Fred who’s most likely still contagious.

@AV_ yumm I love lemon jam. I love lemon anything. Greg bakes an amazing lemon pie and also an amazing line pie. Very refreshing. I’m not so stubborn I can’t admit I’m wrong. I am occasionally wrong and readily admit it. :halo:
I think we are bringing Fred for lime dip tomorrow and see what the veterinarian has to say. She’s going to reevaluate them tomorrow. She called me this afternoon and is willing to increase the concentration of lime dip from 4 oz per gallon to 8 oz but now that she’s willing let’s see how Fred looks tomorrow. It is drying. Poor baby. :cry2:

@Tekate my itchy bumpy rash is spreading on my thighs now. I made an appointment with a dermatologist only about 30 minutes away from us here for Friday. I’m so itchy and so far no relief with my eczema meds.

Aww I hope Salley comes home fresh and pretty. Please hug her from me. I’m sorry about the grout situation. That would bug me too. I’m not a fan of grout. Hope you can get what you want done in a time friendly manner.

Thank you for your warm and loving support and hugs. Sending hugs and love your way. (((Hugs)))

@Austina how lovely having tea with friends. Love all your furniture choices and glad you are pleased with them. I muss Pilates as I haven’t done it since May. My reformer is back in Brooklyn. I hope you aren’t too achey from it and enjoy building up your Pilates muscles again.

Hugs to you lovely ladies. Have a wonderful evening.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Omg..It never ends...I would put a barrier cream/antibiotic on a waterproof bandage and keep it covered so you can shower with it to keep the fungus off if it. You can periodically remove it..clean it and put on a fresh waterproof bandage. I can’t believe you can’t get a break!
Did Elaine show up to help wash the kitties?
Wow to hitting 5k on your bikes! I’m so happy you at least have that outlet...and that delicious ice cream. :lickout:
We got back from Maryland yesterday evening. We got to spend an extra day there which was nice. Everyone went back to work today so back to the routine...:twirl:
@Austina I LOVE mirrored furniture! I don’t have any but I would love to find a piece to go somewhere..The mirrored chest and headboard are gorgeous!
Blingy furniture! :love: I really need to redo my bedroom..but since we will move when my husband retires..I’ll wait until that happens....I have so many pieces of furniture that I plan to get rid of...My husband will be in shock! :lol:
@marcy You have a nice area to lift! I loved that you wrote “Don’t!” On the board.
The cartoon with the knock knock dog cartoon is so funny!
Will be back..Sending this before I lose it again..:wink2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Kate, thank you - I love seeing the colors during a sunrise and sunset. Tanzanite is very pretty but I like sapphires better. My MIL bought a tanzanite set on one of their cruises; I know they really push tanzanite on ships. Remember 15 years ago it was buy tanzanite now because it won’t be around for long? I see it more and more places now. We don’t have any snow in our forecast right now; it probably won’t snow until they send Marty somewhere for work. Sorry you are having rain. I bet it is exhausting getting your place ready for the realtor and getting it put on the market. BTW, after seeing pictures of your gorgeous yellow sapphire ring; I dug out my ring to wear today, it’s a firecracker. I can’t wait till you get yours. Good luck with your grout; seems like I’ve read using cleaning vinegar and baking soda works well.

Jaaron, I hope you are doing well. My gym is in the basement, Marty moved most of his stuff to a gym he opened about 3 miles from our house.

Missy, I am so sorry you got accidentally hit while trying to catch Tommy. I really hate to hear your knee rash is spreading. I know you are full of angst and anxiety over what to do with and for the sweet kitties. There is simply no good choice or answer. Oh no for getting caught in a downpour; I bet your shoes will be wet for days. That is one good thing about low / no humidity Wyoming - everything dries out here fast. Thank you, I like my little gym too. I am sure Marty will have fun leaving me “goals”. Yes, I know too well the stress and uncomfortable feeling of rashes and skin issues; and like you it seems no matter what I try to help the situation just makes it worse. I am so sorry you are dealing with all of these and way too many issues. Thank you for the kind words about the sunrise picture; it was cool to catch the beam from the Sun. Lucky catch. That is rough about your parents not evacuating during Sandy. I get it but there is a point that they can’t be rescued and it’s not fair to first responders to put themselves at risk when it’s still that bad outside. I hope none of you face a situation like that again. I saw a video from Bermuda that was taken on the second floor of a house and it had several feet of water on the floor and you could see it several feet above the bottom of the windows outside. Scary. Very cool cloud pictures! Woo hoo for hitting 5K on your bike.

Austina, darn that you couldn’t open that article. The second one i posted about his grand opening should open. He got a call from our local TV station and the newspaper on base to set up interviews. It’s nice he is getting some publicity. He had a lady call him today asking if he could help her get strong enough to quit using her walker. That would be great! I did not go do any shopping. Since I have no self control I didn’t go look - otherwise I’d be wearing that tanzanite and right now. Nice that you started pilates again today; I hope you aren’t too sore tomorrow. That’s great you like your new headboard. I bet you are excited to get everything.

AV, how was the lemon marmalade?

Mamabean, I like my own spot to lift downstairs. He has to get some of those little foamy flooring pieces to finish a spot in the room but the lifting area is all done. I know I’ll find obnoxious things on my white boards in there.

The article in the paper today about Marty’s gym was very nice. As I mentioned above he got some interest from several people already plus a few more interviews. The paper worked out kind of funny. The top of the page had an article about someone stabbing someone with a pitchfork - I folded that title over the article about that and made it look like that title was with Marty’s picture. I am still chuckling about it.

Pitchfork.jpg

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good morning! 05:34...

Girls I was just venting this morning. We love Oliver and are keeping him. Unless I change my mind lol. No seriously though

I certainly did not take everything you wrote last morning ad literam - it was too dark! But this makes sense - if it means to spare Oliver months of isolation and a high chance of relapse, then it does sound reasonable. I'd worry of letting him off while still contagious & have the same story repeat.

Your biking mileage is FANTASTIC! You are giving me ideas, for sure - October is a good time to go on mountain trails, since the heat will be gone, and I haven't went on one for longer than day trip for eons, NTS.
_

AV, how was the lemon marmalade?
I like my own spot to lift downstairs. He has to get some of those little foamy flooring pieces to finish a spot in the room but the lifting area is all done. I know I’ll find obnoxious things on my white boards in there.

Lemon marmalade - almost a success, I think. I made not much (seven lemons) and half is gone (it freezes into a sorbet-like state, good news to me). If you like sauer stuff, this is it! I should do a proper bitter orange round.

The newspaper front page is good enough to frame & hang at Marty's gym, methinks.

Your basement gym reminds my college - a Brutalist building, all naked cement & writing boards. It isn't that I'd do my entire house that way, just some.

btw. Does Marty's gym have a name? If not yet, please feel free to tease the good man with the 'pitchfork', if he leaves oddities on your boards.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am so sorry you got accidentally hit while trying to catch Tommy. I really hate to hear your knee rash is spreading. I know you are full of angst and anxiety over what to do with and for the sweet kitties. There is simply no good choice or answer. Oh no for getting caught in a downpour; I bet your shoes will be wet for days. That is one good thing about low / no humidity Wyoming - everything dries out here fast. Thank you, I like my little gym too. I am sure Marty will have fun leaving me “goals”. Yes, I know too well the stress and uncomfortable feeling of rashes and skin issues; and like you it seems no matter what I try to help the situation just makes it worse. I am so sorry you are dealing with all of these and way too many issues. Thank you for the kind words about the sunrise picture; it was cool to catch the beam from the Sun. Lucky catch. That is rough about your parents not evacuating during Sandy. I get it but there is a point that they can’t be rescued and it’s not fair to first responders to put themselves at risk when it’s still that bad outside. I hope none of you face a situation like that again. I saw a video from Bermuda that was taken on the second floor of a house and it had several feet of water on the floor and you could see it several feet above the bottom of the windows outside. Scary. Very cool cloud pictures! Woo hoo for hitting 5K on your bike.

I am a fan of low humidity. It feels better than our (usually) high humidity. I loved the article written about Marty and his gym. Very good article and I hope it brings him a lot of business too. The storm is wreaking havoc on so many and I hope it dies down before it gets to wreak more havoc. Those poor people in the Bahamas. :( You are doing so great Marcy re working out. I am impressed. No way could I do barbells and squats at the same time. Nope. Tell Marty I wish I could but I cannot but I do wonder if we lived closer by if Marty could whip me into shape.
arniesmile.gif

Yes my knees and thighs are quite itchy and I am nervous about what is going on as you know I tend to have mystery diagnoses and I hope this one isn't one of those and that there is a treatment that will alleviate it. Fingers crossed. I do not have a David appt til end of month and it cannot wait that long so hoping the "local" derm can figure it out and not just tell me to apply steroids. Because topical steroids and I do not mix well and I always get that blank look from new doctors when I tell them that. That is their mainstay treatment for all things skin related but my body doesn't like steroids so really don't want to go down that road.

Love all your gorgeous photos Marcy. Sunrise, sunset, clouds, all of it. You have beautiful scenery where you live and I enjoy when you share it with us.
Thanks for the congrats re cycling and hoping we get some more miles in before the cycling season ends.
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

Hope work goes well today and enjoy a sweet day. Hugs.

I certainly did not take everything you wrote last morning ad literam - it was too dark! But this makes sense - if it means to spare Oliver months of isolation and a high chance of relapse, then it does sound reasonable. I'd worry of letting him off while still contagious & have the same story repeat.

Your biking mileage is FANTASTIC! You are giving me ideas, for sure - October is a good time to go on mountain trails, since the heat will be gone, and I haven't went on one for longer than day trip for eons, NTS.

Haha just wanted to make sure because it was too dark but sometimes that is how I am feeling *at the moment* and then common sense and calmer thinking prevails. Eventually, hopefully...

Thanks on the bike mileage compliment. Yes we have broken our old record however we have been here literally all summer so far and looks like we will be here for a long while still so when we can we cycle. In the past we have gone back and forth between here and NYC so not able to cycle almost every day like we have this summer. Though weather looks to be uncooperative for much of the rest of the week so not sure how much cycling we will be able to get in plus Greg is working (from home) so not as much time as in the previous months. As I wrote before we are cycling more days but less time and miles each day than we were cycling in past seasons because there is so much to do each day. I would say we average about 50 miles a day when we do cycle and in the past we aimed for 60 plus miles each day we cycled. Still nothing to sneeze at I agree and yes we are pleased with our cycling mileage so far this season. Hope we can get more quality miles in before the weather changes for good and the cold dreary weather is upon us.

How are you doing? Anything new to share with us? How is the weather by you? Sending you hugs and wishes for a smooth and happy week.

@missy Omg..It never ends...I would put a barrier cream/antibiotic on a waterproof bandage and keep it covered so you can shower with it to keep the fungus off if it. You can periodically remove it..clean it and put on a fresh waterproof bandage. I can’t believe you can’t get a break!
Did Elaine show up to help wash the kitties?
Wow to hitting 5k on your bikes! I’m so happy you at least have that outlet...and that delicious ice cream. :lickout:
We got back from Maryland yesterday evening. We got to spend an extra da

Glad you had a wonderful time in Maryland dear Joanne. Yay for having an extra day too. Sweet. Thanks for the congrats on the cycling. Thanks for the advice as to what to do re the rash and cuts. I put glue over the cuts because most of them are on my hands and I am constantly washing my hands. I have to look into waterproof bandages. We don't have any believe it or not. We have so many bandaids because I am such a klutz but none of them waterproof. Elaine did come yesterday thanks. Today is Lime dip day so I am anxious for the cats. Hope you are having a good rest of the week and sending you hugs.

@Slick1 how is your week going? Today is the first day of classes for my nieces. Summer flew by. Crazy. Hope your workweek is off to a good start and that you are excited and happy about all the joyous upcoming events. Sending you hugs.

@Scandinavian thinking about you and hoping your mom is doing well and that things are falling into place. Sending you and your family hugs and healing vibes. XOXO

@Austina hope you aren't achey this morning. For me it skips a day and usually I feel it 2 days later. Weird right? Why should that be any different from everything else I experience lol. Hope you are enjoying a good Wednesday. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 lol what a treat it was to run into you again yesterday and I hope you had a safe trip back home. I hope we meet again and I hope it is under better conditions. Good luck with all your upcoming happy plans. (((Hugs))).

Yesterday after Elaine and the shampooing at the crack of dawn (she came over at 6:30 AM) we went cycling and it was a lovely day. Enjoyed ice cream (Days last full week sadly) and when we got home in the afternoon Greg worked. It never stops for him as he is working right now but we are so fortunate that he can work this way. When it gets super busy for him at work I know our cycling days are numbered and hoping we can just enjoy cycling for a while longer. With the cats and work and cleaning and vet visits and now my doctor visits plus cycling there just aren't enough hours in the day. Making the best of everything and continuing to take it all just one hour at a time.

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies and sending you all big hugs. Thank you for sticking with me through it all. You NIRDIS are indeed the best of the best. XOXO.

Leaving you with our Ice Cream photo from yesterday. Greg branched out and had Oreo cookies in Vanilla Ice Cream. :lickout: I was jelly because I cannot do gluten so no oreos for me.:P2 But my Coconut milk Cherry ice cream was yummy too.:lickout:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 4.54.04 AM.png

Today is Lime dip day for the cats. Please think good thoughts for them ladies. So nervous and hoping it goes well today. Our sweet kitties.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of sweet oh look at that face. What a precious baby.
So innocent looking but we know better...

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 4.24.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 4.24.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 4.24.18 AM.png

and did I share our latest feral kitty photos? From yesterday. Our house is their house and they look at me like what am I doing in their house lol.

We need to trap them and TNR them but we haven't had time this summer and I am worried we are going to have lots of babies soon. It never ends with the ferals but I am happy they are all looking healthy and well fed and content. Some good at least that we are doing for them though we have been shirking our feral responsibility re neutering them. As soon as we can we will get back to that as well.
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.22.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.20.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.20.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.20.52 PM.png

Have a great day ladies.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
How are you doing? Anything new to share with us? How is the weather by you? Sending you hugs and wishes for a smooth and happy week.

Sun just came out after a rare morning rain .) I am off to brunch, since I have started the day some five hours ago (for no good reason). No news & I am doing my darndest to keep them at bay.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Oliver is so sweet...What a cute face...and his fur is beautiful. You’re keeping him safe in your room...Please don’t feel guilty about him being in there.
I hope the lime dips go well today..
I’m wondering if you have a stress rash. You certainly have lots of that right now. It’s usually pretty itchy...I’m sure there are other things you can use. In the meantime can you use some kind of baby excema lotion? Maybe you would be able to tolerate that.
I agree with someone that said to use Chlorhexadine...I had to bathe Bailey three times a week when he got a very wet weepy rash all over under his dense hair. It cleared the infection. I know it doesn’t cure ringworm but I looked it up and Miconazole mixed with the Chlorhexadine is more effective than just the Miconazole...I think you mentioned doing this but wanted to make sure as there are so many posts that I missed..and am still trying to catch up.
If you decide to start doing the lime dips at home I read that they can stain jewelry..I think you said you haven’t been wearing Bubbalah...:(2
@junebug17 I hope you are home now and safe...I feel so bad for the people that is in Dorian’s path.
@Calliecake When do get your stone blasted? I bet you will be so relieved to be rid of it. I think you need to reward yourself with a sparkly stone.. You deserve it.
@Tekate Autie is growing so fast. What a sweetie! Jackson called me yesterday..His mom called me but he put in the request..”I want to call my Nonna!” They’re the best. I’m so fortunate that my daughter-in-law is so good about that. We get along so great and we love each other...I feel very lucky. I was on the phone with him propped up on something so I could see him and he me while he ate and played. He cooked dinner for me on the play kitchen I bought him for his birthday in April. I also bought him all the plastic food so he could cook me a great meal... When he’s done I have to pretend to eat it by putting my mouth right next to the phone..That must look wonderful up close! :lol:
Please post another pIc of the ring your niece made you. I have been looking for over a week and can’t find it! Are you going to have it resized so you can wear it on your right hand?
How’s everything coming with getting the house ready to sell?
Chris is one of those people that has drama surrounding them all the time. The unfortunate thing is he makes the drama and then has to face the consequences. I used to handle it a lot better when I was younger...but now that I’m older I need more peace.
@Slick1 I think you started school by now...I hope this will be an easier year for you. Do you have friends at the school so you can at least decompress a little at lunch?
Are you getting excited that the wedding is next month? I don’t remember..but are you giving a rehearsal dinner?
@AV_ You sound very talented making jam, etc! I love lemon but I have never had lemon pie or custard. I think I will treat myself..Did you take a pic of your back yard? I would love to see it..
As you girls probably know I reset my Libby..I was able to save my previous low setting. I had David replace the baguettes on the sides with vs h color diamonds. The better ones from my previous reset went into my new setting. My plan was to get an aquamarine set into that setting. Unfortunately that setting is so low so I couldn’t find a gem that would be shallow enough to fit! I reached out to numerous cutters and I kept coming up short. I decided to go with a Swiss Blue topaz cut by Dana at Mastercut Gems because he was able to cut it a tiny bit smaller in width but the depth is smaller than Libby. The topaz is 8 on the hardness scale so that was also important. My plan is to keep looking for a different gem..but I can wear it and enjoy it until then. He sent me a video and he did an excellent job cutting it. It’s very sparkly! I had Rachelle send it directly to David to set. I previously thought I would go with a light blue moissanite that was colored throughout...but it was too light and almost looked white. I sent that to David to make a pendant with it. So...a few more projects in the works..:roll2:
Have a great day everyone..

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning. I just came back from having my last try at an implant - it's already starting to hurt. I was sedated :) but now I"m woozy.

Just checking in to say hi, hate teeth stuff..

love to the NIRDIs!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh nooooo @Tekate, what a bummer, I hope it’s just aching from the prodding and poking around, and not because there’s a problem. Hope it takes this time without anymore issues. I’ll post pictures next week after the furniture’s delivered.

I’ll have to have the duster out everyday @Mamabean, I do love the mirrored furniture, I have a few pieces in the sitting room, but it does attract the dust :D I’m hoping that things have settled down a bit at home, and there are no more dramas on the horizon for you. Can’t wait to see your new pieces, I’m living vicariously through you all, as I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I really don’t think I need any more bling!

Great news that the article has brought in interest to the gym @marcy. Is Marty’s plan to give up his job and concentrate on the gym if it really takes off?

We have lime marmalade here @AV_ but I don’t think I’ve seen lemon. Colin’s Mum used to set aside one day a year, when she would cook marmalade, she would make 52 jars, one for every week!

I can’t believe with everything that’s been going on, you’ve managed to hit the 5000 mark this year @missy. I’m sorry to hear your rash is spreading, but hopefully you can get some help when you have your appt.

The ferals are looking so healthy and obviously enjoying the Kitty Cafe that Greg built for them.

Oliver is just a little cutie, it’s hard to believe he’s caused so much mayhem. I hope the lime dips went well today and the cats are too traumatised.

Where my legs join my body are really aching today, but surprisingly, that’s all, so perhaps I wasn’t as out of shape as I thought.

The curtains and cushion covers arrived late yesterday evening. The cushion covers were so screwed up they needed ironing immediately :x2 I didn’t unpack the curtains till this morning, took them out and ironed them. When I hung them, I noticed one hadn’t been sown properly and wasn’t sitting right at the bottom corner. I rang Wayfair, and they’re sending me a new pair next week, and asked me to donate the other. I’ve always found Wayfair to have really good customer service, on the very few occasions there’s been an issue.

Didn’t do much else today, the window cleaner came and cleaned the soffits and guttering at the back of the house. Colin has booked us another cruise for January 2021 from Buenos Aires to Rio to Janeiro Talk about planning ahead. :lol:

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Oliver is so sweet...What a cute face...and his fur is beautiful. You’re keeping him safe in your room...Please don’t feel guilty about him being in there.
I hope the lime dips go well today..
I’m wondering if you have a stress rash. You certainly have lots of that right now. It’s usually pretty itchy...I’m sure there are other things you can use. In the meantime can you use some kind of baby excema lotion? Maybe you would be able to tolerate that.
I agree with someone that said to use Chlorhexadine...I had to bathe Bailey three times a week when he got a very wet weepy rash all over under his dense hair. It cleared the infection. I know it doesn’t cure ringworm but I looked it up and Miconazole mixed with the Chlorhexadine is more effective than just the Miconazole...I think you mentioned doing this but wanted to make sure as there are so many posts that I missed..and am still trying to catch up.
If you decide to start doing the lime dips at home I read that they can stain jewelry..I think you said you haven’t been wearing Bubbalah...:(2

Thanks Joanne. Yes combining Chlorhexidine and Miconazole is good for RW but RW is so tough to get rid of so I am just hoping all our hard work will pay off. This isn't a stress rash. I get hives when I am stressed. All over my body. Nice right? But this is different. I hope it isn't some awful genetic disease like my Schamberg disease where there is no treatment or relief. Fingers crossed it is nothing bad and it is treatable. I can deal with eczema as stubborn as that can be to treat but its the unknown that is scary and given my weird skin history...

You're right I have not been wearing bling. Too tired lol. My ring is coming tomorrow and I hope I am home when it arrives as it needs a signature. I asked for early delivery but that is by 10:30 AM which when you are awake at 3AM isn't early enough but hopefully they come on time and we will wait til 10:30.

As you girls probably know I reset my Libby..I was able to save my previous low setting. I had David replace the baguettes on the sides with vs h color diamonds. The better ones from my previous reset went into my new setting. My plan was to get an aquamarine set into that setting. Unfortunately that setting is so low so I couldn’t find a gem that would be shallow enough to fit! I reached out to numerous cutters and I kept coming up short. I decided to go with a Swiss Blue topaz cut by Dana at Mastercut Gems because he was able to cut it a tiny bit smaller in width but the depth is smaller than Libby. The topaz is 8 on the hardness scale so that was also important. My plan is to keep looking for a different gem..but I can wear it and enjoy it until then. He sent me a video and he did an excellent job cutting it. It’s very sparkly! I had Rachelle send it directly to David to set. I previously thought I would go with a light blue moissanite that was colored throughout...but it was too light and almost looked white. I sent that to David to make a pendant with it. So...a few more projects in the works..:roll2:

Ooh exciting and cannot wait to hear more about your projects. Sounds wonderful. Sorry about Chris and drama and I am with you. We are too old for drama and deserve peace. Sending you hugs and good vibes.

Morning. I just came back from having my last try at an implant - it's already starting to hurt. I was sedated :) but now I"m woozy.

love to the NIRDIs!

Sending you bucketloads of mega healing dust sweet Kate. I hope you feel better very soon and that it heals well.:pray:
(((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal hope you are enjoying a nice week and that everything is going smoothly. XOXO.

I can’t believe with everything that’s been going on, you’ve managed to hit the 5000 mark this year @missy

Thanks Austina. What can I say. I am determined and disciplined. Greg always tells my physicians how disciplined I am lol. The endocrinologist balked at how often I am taking the thyroid meds throughout the day in divided doses (because it is better that way and mimics the way our thyroid works) and he said most of his patients complain they have to take it once a day haha. Anyway back to the mileage. Yes we did 5k and counting fingers crossed we get to 6K. LOL I am getting greedy but it is the one thing holding me together atm if you kwim. We hit 5,150 miles today.
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.40.29 PM.png

I love Wayfair and sorry they messed up but glad they made it right for you. That is a sign of a good business. Everyone messes up but how they fix it is what counts.

Haha Colin is like me in planning things way ahead of time but for cruises you need to in order to get the best cabin and cruise.
Glad you aren't in much pain from Pilates Austina. Enjoy the rest of the day. XO.

We are picking the kitties up around 4:30 because they close at 5PM on Wed (our normal lime dip day is Tuesday when they close at 7PM) so the cats (with the exception of Oliver) will be damp still. Hoping they did OK today and that Fred's breathing is OK. I am so nervous for Fred. Heck who am I kidding. I am nervous for all of them. Enjoy the rest of the day girls.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I am a fan of low humidity. It feels better than our (usually) high humidity. I loved the article written about Marty and his gym. Very good article and I hope it brings him a lot of business too. The storm is wreaking havoc on so many and I hope it dies down before it gets to wreak more havoc. Those poor people in the Bahamas. :( You are doing so great Marcy re working out. I am impressed. No way could I do barbells and squats at the same time. Nope. Tell Marty I wish I could but I cannot but I do wonder if we lived closer by if Marty could whip me into shape.
arniesmile.gif

Yes my knees and thighs are quite itchy and I am nervous about what is going on as you know I tend to have mystery diagnoses and I hope this one isn't one of those and that there is a treatment that will alleviate it. Fingers crossed. I do not have a David appt til end of month and it cannot wait that long so hoping the "local" derm can figure it out and not just tell me to apply steroids. Because topical steroids and I do not mix well and I always get that blank look from new doctors when I tell them that. That is their mainstay treatment for all things skin related but my body doesn't like steroids so really don't want to go down that road.

Love all your gorgeous photos Marcy. Sunrise, sunset, clouds, all of it. You have beautiful scenery where you live and I enjoy when you share it with us.
Thanks for the congrats re cycling and hoping we get some more miles in before the cycling season ends.
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

Hope work goes well today and enjoy a sweet day. Hugs.

Haha just wanted to make sure because it was too dark but sometimes that is how I am feeling *at the moment* and then common sense and calmer thinking prevails. Eventually, hopefully...

Thanks on the bike mileage compliment. Yes we have broken our old record however we have been here literally all summer so far and looks like we will be here for a long while still so when we can we cycle. In the past we have gone back and forth between here and NYC so not able to cycle almost every day like we have this summer. Though weather looks to be uncooperative for much of the rest of the week so not sure how much cycling we will be able to get in plus Greg is working (from home) so not as much time as in the previous months. As I wrote before we are cycling more days but less time and miles each day than we were cycling in past seasons because there is so much to do each day. I would say we average about 50 miles a day when we do cycle and in the past we aimed for 60 plus miles each day we cycled. Still nothing to sneeze at I agree and yes we are pleased with our cycling mileage so far this season. Hope we can get more quality miles in before the weather changes for good and the cold dreary weather is upon us.

Glad you had a wonderful time in Maryland dear Joanne. Yay for having an extra day too. Sweet. Thanks for the congrats on the cycling. Thanks for the advice as to what to do re the rash and cuts. I put glue over the cuts because most of them are on my hands and I am constantly washing my hands. I have to look into waterproof bandages. We don't have any believe it or not. We have so many bandaids because I am such a klutz but none of them waterproof. Elaine did come yesterday thanks. Today is Lime dip day so I am anxious for the cats. Hope you are having a good rest of the week and sending you hugs.

@Slick1 how is your week going? Today is the first day of classes for my nieces. Summer flew by. Crazy. Hope your workweek is off to a good start and that you are excited and happy about all the joyous upcoming events. Sending you hugs.

@Scandinavian thinking about you and hoping your mom is doing well and that things are falling into place. Sending you and your family hugs and healing vibes. XOXO

@Austina hope you aren't achey this morning. For me it skips a day and usually I feel it 2 days later. Weird right? Why should that be any different from everything else I experience lol. Hope you are enjoying a good Wednesday. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 lol what a treat it was to run into you again yesterday and I hope you had a safe trip back home. I hope we meet again and I hope it is under better conditions. Good luck with all your upcoming happy plans. (((Hugs))).

Yesterday after Elaine and the shampooing at the crack of dawn (she came over at 6:30 AM) we went cycling and it was a lovely day. Enjoyed ice cream (Days last full week sadly) and when we got home in the afternoon Greg worked. It never stops for him as he is working right now but we are so fortunate that he can work this way. When it gets super busy for him at work I know our cycling days are numbered and hoping we can just enjoy cycling for a while longer. With the cats and work and cleaning and vet visits and now my doctor visits plus cycling there just aren't enough hours in the day. Making the best of everything and continuing to take it all just one hour at a time.

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies and sending you all big hugs. Thank you for sticking with me through it all. You NIRDIS are indeed the best of the best. XOXO.

Leaving you with our Ice Cream photo from yesterday. Greg branched out and had Oreo cookies in Vanilla Ice Cream. :lickout: I was jelly because I cannot do gluten so no oreos for me.:P2 But my Coconut milk Cherry ice cream was yummy too.:lickout:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 4.54.04 AM.png

Today is Lime dip day for the cats. Please think good thoughts for them ladies. So nervous and hoping it goes well today. Our sweet kitties.

@missy, it really was a treat to see yall! It was great to say a friendly hello and I do hope we can meerand have some fun together sometime. Hang in there and I really hope things get better.
Sending everyone love and hugs!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello NIRDI's! Hope everyone is as well as they can be.

gorgeous day 1.png

Great day for a walk, ride and sail!!

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH Boy! I just lost my whole post :wall: This new one will be shorter! Sorry I’ve been MIA, but I do try to read along when I can! This is a quick hit and run =)2

@missy You know I am thinking of you and sending so many warm and loving vibes for some relief from this nonsense. You are going through so much. I am so very sorry. I always love your pics so I’ll include one of my own below. Be well! ((Hugs)) :kiss2:

@Mamabean We are giving the rehearsal dinner. I am also reading a passage during the ceremony. At first I was hesitant, but I read to my students all the time. I’ll imagine the guests are all 7th graders and I will be ok. Sorry your going through s rough time with your son. I love that you are there for him so completely. That’s all we can do :kiss2:

@marcy Nice gym! Good for you! I’m lifting some weights for arm definition for my wedding attire! :lol: Beautiful sunrise! Boo, to winter coming! Hope work is ok!

@junebug17 I am glad you got out of the path of Dorian. My Florida family are breathing a sigh of relief now. Get home safely.

@Tekate oh my friend, I do so feel you regarding tooth work! :eek2: I hope this one is good and you’ll be finished soon. My brother just got five and he’s doing well. I need to make a decision about that but I’m scared sh_tless! :silenced: Be well!

@AV_ Love that you’re spending time in the garden. One of my favorite places to be for sure! How is your research and writing coming along?

I just know I am missing people and I apologize. It’s been a crazy week going back to work. The students are great so far :pray:

Here is my look for the wedding in four (!) weeks! :dance: I will have my hair up most likely!
E21B5225-2F24-45FE-ABF0-B9F6C2BF3800.jpeg

Holy big picture.. No time to resize. Hugs all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Boy! I just lost my whole post :wall: This new one will be shorter! Sorry I’ve been MIA, but I do try to read along when I can! This is a quick hit and run =)2

@missy You know I am thinking of you and sending so many warm and loving vibes for some relief from this nonsense. You are going through so much. I am so very sorry. I always love your pics so I’ll include one of my own below. Be well! ((Hugs)) :kiss2:

@Mamabean We are giving the rehearsal dinner. I am also reading a passage during the ceremony. At first I was hesitant, but I read to my students all the time. I’ll imagine the guests are all 7th graders and I will be ok. Sorry your going through s rough time with your son. I love that you are there for him so completely. That’s all we can do :kiss2:

@marcy Nice gym! Good for you! I’m lifting some weights for arm definition for my wedding attire! :lol: Beautiful sunrise! Boo, to winter coming! Hope work is ok!

@junebug17 I am glad you got out of the path of Dorian. My Florida family are breathing a sigh of relief now. Get home safely.

@Tekate oh my friend, I do so feel you regarding tooth work! :eek2: I hope this one is good and you’ll be finished soon. My brother just got five and he’s doing well. I need to make a decision about that but I’m scared sh_tless! :silenced: Be well!

@AV_ Love that you’re spending time in the garden. One of my favorite places to be for sure! How is your research and writing coming along?

I just know I am missing people and I apologize. It’s been a crazy week going back to work. The students are great so far :pray:

Here is my look for the wedding in four (!) weeks! :dance: I will have my hair up most likely!
E21B5225-2F24-45FE-ABF0-B9F6C2BF3800.jpeg

Holy big picture.. No time to resize. Hugs all!
@Slick1 You look absolutely beautiful...Everything you’re wearing is just perfect!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

love to the NIRDIs!
I hope it heals well..and fast...Woozy is good...Let your hubby take care of you...and take all your pain pills...:kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ I love lemon but I have never had lemon pie or custard. I think I will treat myself..Did you take a pic of your back yard? I would love to see it.

Ha, ha ,) After all that toil, my garden looks exactly like freshly broken ground - stumps of weeds and dry grass, etc. I do not want to remember it this way, so no pictures. I've pulled the blinds on the relevant windows too. I have one bigger round of clearing left to do as soon as it is lawful to burn the cuttings (November, a wet 'Little Spring' here). I've dived into desk work for now, so I'll be enjoying my gardening around the end of the year.

We have lime marmalade here @AV_ but I don’t think I’ve seen lemon. Colin’s Mum used to set aside one day a year, when she would cook marmalade, she would make 52 jars, one for every week!
For good reason, I think - it is seriously sauer, an acquired taste. I've grown up with mamalade making days as you say - certainly at cherry and plum ripening times, and smaller rounds at the times of roses, raspberry, quince... This was further north, so no lemon. A jar a week sounds about right to me. I hardly buy such things, because so little lives up to the legend! (allot of honey instead, and it is really great here). I am not sure why I haven't yet done any proper orange marmalade, frankly, I must have had it a dozen times at most - and love the taste, just... I guess my cooking mind is hooked to childhood memories of a great kitchen garden - of a very different climate. I certainly want to do what the locals do, however, so lemon, lime, orange, almonds are it; quince grows here beautifully, but I'll just be burning the dry bones of the one that existed in this garden ,(

rant over

@AV_ How is your research and writing coming along?

Good question. I do not know, in fact! I am tinkering with a draft that needs to be sent out for rounds of review. I will hear what the stuff means to whom by the end of the year. A grant I am on ends soon after, so this is a serious gamble.

---

ending the day

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I am a fan of lemon so glad you got some marmalade made. My little gym is in an unfinished part of our basement so definitely vary bare bones in there. Marty added a Snoopy flag for me though which brightened it up. I am still chuckling about that other title with Marty’s picture. Everything that grows there sounds tasty.

Missy, I guess I’ve been doing things wrong on my lifting. I was doing 2 sets of 5 as warm ups then 3 sets of 5 with the weights. Marty told me to start adding weight every time so I did my 3 last sets adding a bit more weight each time; come to find out he meant to keep adding more weight each time on my 3 sets of 5. I don’t speak lifting lingo. Not that what I was doing is awful but I’ll have to adjust my methods. It was a very nice article on him. I hope you local doctor can help you; I have a box of topical steroids my dad had for his multiple rashes but haven’t cracked any of them open. I used to use them on my hands when I worked around photo finishing chemicals and yes I think they just made things worse. Sorry it is so itchy; that is so miserable. I am glad you enjoy my pictures; I always love seeing yours too. It’s fun to see all the places us NIRDI’s live and visit. Hopefully you have several months of decent weather for cycling. Both of your dishes of ice cream look fabulous and Oliver is a cutie.

Mamabean, that is so cute and sweet about Jackson calling you and cooking for you. Too fun. I hate to hear Chris brings the drama on himself; that has to be rough for you. You do have a lot of jewelry projects in the works; I am looking forward to the pictures.

Kate, I hope your implant is doing well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Austina, I read somewhere that if you dust with fabric softener sheets it keeps dust away longer. I always think my place is clean until you see the sunlight streaming in and you see particles everywhere. Out comes the swifter. I doubt Marty’s gym will generate enough money to make up for his day job; I am sure he’d be thrilled if it did though. He has got some calls and appointments since his article came out. I hope he gets some new clients with his open house this weekend. Glad you aren’t too achy today. Darn that you had to iron the cushions and drapes; I am so unskilled at that they would look worse when I am done. That is nice Wayfair has such good customer service. Yay for another cruise.

Hi Blingdream!

Sharon, great picture.

Slick1, you’ll be fine doing a reading at the wedding. Your dress looks fabulous. So we are lifting buddies? Sweet.

We had another gorgeous sunrise today. Work continues to be a soap opera and this afternoon you could hear me saying “I Love my car, I Love my car”. I like things so I’ll keep going back for more.

Marty was at his gym so we met for supper. He TV interview should air Friday morning.

I met a friend for lunch so ate more than normal then had supper so I am still full and I didn’t like lifting on a full stomach. I’ll know better next time. I ordered a filet but it was way too raw for me and I sent it back. I filled up on bread and my baked potato so I only ate about 1/4 of my filet then I went off and left the box on the table. Phooey. That was lunch for tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

My New flag in my gym
IMG_0735.JPG

The sunrise this morning
IMG_0733.JPG

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I keep admiring your sunrise photos without quite realizing that you'd have to always be up at sunrise to take them, and there is no mountain in sight! (to explain: there is a mountain between me & sunrise, so I get light but no sight of the sun until 9 am or so - no heroic wake up hour.) I have no talent for mornings.

Snoopy fits great on your wall!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thinking of you and hoping the storm misses your SC home. Fingers crossed and hope that your week is going well. Hugs.

@Tekate how are you feeling this morning my dear? Hoping you wake feeling well and energized and that there is no pain in sight. (((Hugs)))

@Slick1 GORGEOUS. :love: Inside and out you are one beautiful woman. :appl:
Thank you always for your kind and encouraging support online and off. You are a true friend and I am so happy good things are happening for you and your family. Sending you love and hugs.

@AV_ I don't think I have missed a sunrise in decades. LOL what can I say. I am surprised Marcy is awake at that hour however and hope that she sleeps through most sunrises. @marcy good morning if you are awake but hoping you are sleeping soundly. @AV_ I hope all your hard work and research pays off and I have a feeling it will. It's sort of like fighting an invisible battle because you won't know until you are done if it was a success. Sort of like what we are going through atm though I sure would prefer being in your shoes right now...:halo: Wishing you much success with your continued research and writing and may you get all the grants you want and need.

@marcy lol love the cartoon and sunrise photos. LOL on lifting lingo and sorry you were doing it wrong but now you got this. More power to you and I am super impressed with your lifting skills. You rock girl.:appl: Thank you for enjoying my photos too. Sometimes I feel I am just posting them into space haha but I guess anyone who isn't in the mood for my posts and photos can skip it. I appreciate anyone who does take the time and energy to read what I write. I know I tend to be wordy. So thank you Marcy for always taking the time and energy. Woohoo near the end of your short workweek. Tomorrow is Friday. Any weekend plans?

@Mamabean good morning Joanne. Hope you have a lovely day and may it be filled with peace and contentment and lots of joy. I wrote more to you in the post I shared here yesterday afternoon. Just in case you missed it.

@bling_dream19 completely agree and yes one day we will meet again and it will be under happy circumstances of that I have no doubt. Sending you love and hugs too.

@canuk-gal gorgeous photo. Happy cycling and walking and sailing too.:wavey:

Already shared in the post I wrote yesterday afternoon that we hit a new record cycling and enjoyed some Ice Cream too. Days last full week. We are maximizing our Days haha.

Greg got Vanilla with Butterfinger yesterday and I got the non dairy cherry. Delish.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 5.40.07 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 5.40.20 AM.png

Today is a windy cool day and we are going cycling but a bit later as I am waiting for a special delivery. It is supposed to come before or by 10:30 AM so hoping it does as we usually get a much earlier start cycling but need to be home to sign for this delivery. Cats got their Itrafungol this AM and Tommy was making it challenging by running away and hiding very well today. But we got it in him finally. Poor sweetie. They think he is blowing his coat which is stress induced hair loss. That sucks. SO I ordered Feliway diffusers and sprays and hope it helps him. I wrote a detailed cat write up in my RW thread if anyone is interested and won't repeat it here.

Have a good day girls. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and here are some photos of the kids after we got them home yesterday. No great news to share unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 5.03.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 5.04.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 5.05.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 5.05.12 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to share my nieces first day of school yesterday. I cannot believe how big they are getting. Young ladies.

bethanyfirstdayschoolsept2019.JPG

alexafirstdaysept2019school.jpg

Summer might be officially here still but it's feeling like Autumn with the weather change today and everyone back to school already. Time keeps marching on no matter what one is experiencing. I keep the thought in mind that "this too shall pass' and hope fervently it remains true and that once this passes peace and contentment and happiness will remain.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Good morning! I always notice you are up like me..I’m up before it’s light but I tend to miss sunrise because I’m running around getting everyone ready. On the weekends I sleep an extra hour so miss it..:twirl:
The kitties are eating! It made my day! They look good in the photos...Hopefully they are turning the corner! :pray:
I’m excited you’re getting your AV cushion today! I can’t wait to see what you think.
The tribe calls...See you girls later..

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Of course I need a pair of icecreams now ,) Easy enough.
Your flock looks better, or I am more used to hearing of the ordeal ,( You need a cat whisperer.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh My Goodness @Slick1 - gorgeous or what? You look absolutely stunning. The wedding has come round really quickly. Hope your return to work hasn’t brought any problems your way.

Wow, wow, wow @missy, just saw your post on the AVC, it’s stunning, and looks sooooo good on you. Your nieces are growing up so fast and turning in to such lovely young women. Like @Mamabean it’s so heartening to see the kitties eating, hopefully that means that they didn’t find yesterday too traumatic. How’re things with your rash, has there been any improvement at all? Is your appt with the derm tomorrow? I really hope they can help, you certainly don’t need any more on your plate than you already have.

:lol: Love the cartoon @marcy, people with Spinoni say similar things about them not being allowed on the furniture, then posting pics of them snoozing on the sofa or their bed, Fortunately, Dottie has never got on the furniture or our bed, if she did, there wouldn’t be any room for us. Hopefully the open house will bring in lots of new clients for Marty this weekend, you never know what’ll come out of it. Your sunrise pictures are always so stunning,

I think Colin’s Mum used Seville oranges for marmalade @AV_ they’re more bitter and apparently make better marmalade. I’m not a fan of the orange marmalade, but they used to love it. In one of our houses, we had a huge quince bush that used to be covered in fruit, but I never did get around to doing anything with them.

Have you heard if everything is ok in SC @junebug17 ?

How goes it @Tekate? I hope your mouth isn’t too sore today. When i cleaned up the grout in my orangery, I used baking powder and white vinegar, sprinkled on the BP then sprayed with the white vinegar and used an old toothbrush on the grout lines. It worked a treat and brought the grout up lovely and new looking again.

The weather looks quite moody there @canuk-gal, glad you’re able to still get out and about.

Hi @Calliecake, how’re things with you, have you scheduled your stone zapping?

One of my pictures was delivered today, and unfortunately, it was damaged, but the company are going to replace it, just have to wait a few more days for it. The cushion pads also arrived today, so they’re sitting on the chaise now. We’re getting there! I scotchguarded the headboard and rug, so they’re ready to go in once the carpet has been cleaned and we’ve painted the walls this weekend.

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Where is your AVC? :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results