shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad I nagged at Marty about us not spending money while we are getting the gym going - I want this tanzanite band. Must be strong.
upload_2019-9-1_15-6-15.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too bad I nagged at Marty about us not spending money while we are getting the gym going - I want this tanzanite band. Must be strong.
upload_2019-9-1_15-6-15.png
It’s so pretty @marcy...I think you should get it! :twisted2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean There is a Long list of people I cannot talk to - so I might know your 'jelly' recipe! I kept thinking of your post all day ,( - so now there is a pot of lemon jam steeping for tomorrow.

Just ending a quiet Sunday.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hope the kitties get well enough to return to the city soon. That AVC ring is very pretty. I totally agree you need a new pice of bling. I can’t wait to see what you think of it. Sorry to hear Elaine didn’t show up and I hate to hear the lime dips got rescheduled. I hate to hear you’ve developed a bad rash; hopefully it starts clearing up on its own. Pictures of bathing the kitties is heart breaking and looks like h*ll for all of you. I am so sorry.

Austina, how exciting for redecorating; I love those lamps and those colors are great together. Sweet. Yes, the paper is doing a little feature article on Marty and his gym. It should be in the paper on Tuesday.

Kate, Marty thought the interview went well. Let’s hope they don’t misquote things like tends to happen when I am interviewed for some astronomical event. Warm cookies are delicious, hot cookies are event better. Glad you had a such a nice time with Joyce. Autie is getting more cute every day. Nice ring your friend has.

Sharon, oh no that fall seems to have arrived there. Ribs sound great!!

Mamabean, sorry you are dealing with so much right now. Yes, you do deserve some quiet time at night. Warming up cookies in the microwave is a great idea. I used to do that until I kind of overheated one once so I quit. Glad jewelry brings joy to your life. Big hugs to you.

AV, your garden sounds great and nice you can take off grooming it for a few months. I quit already; we’ll be blowing out sprinklers before you know it. Mm to lemon jelly.

Junebug, glad you’ll be out of SC by the time the rain from Dorian hits there. I still remember us being in the tropical storm our last day in SC. It was like normal Wyoming wind with lots of rain. It sounds like you are enjoying SC; relaxing and shopping. Good times.

I realized yesterday I hadn’t much on the September newsletter yet so I started on that. We had supper with friends last night and have just been lounging around the house. We are having baked potatoes and flank steak for supper.

Take care. Sending mega love, comforting thoughts and healing dust to all of you wonderful NIRDI’s.

Marcy

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do too. What are the odds Marty would realize it's a new ring?
He would never know!! Keep it hidden for a week and you can say you had it. :roll2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me laugh
11987138_10156661059290377_1031836529942933377_n.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He would never know!! Keep it hidden for a week and you can say you had it. :roll2:
I don’t have a good poker face. He’d know.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Happy Labor Day Monday.

@junebug17 glad you are leaving SC before the storm hits. Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your last day there.

Missy, I hope the kitties get well enough to return to the city soon. That AVC ring is very pretty. I totally agree you need a new pice of bling. I can’t wait to see what you think of it. Sorry to hear Elaine didn’t show up and I hate to hear the lime dips got rescheduled. I hate to hear you’ve developed a bad rash; hopefully it starts clearing up on its own. Pictures of bathing the kitties is heart breaking and looks like h*ll for all of you. I am so sorry.

Hi sweet Marcy. Yes summer from hell but I am praying it is over before autumn and winter because at this rate we will still be dealing with RW gate. I have already canceled numerous events we were expected to attend including my 30th year Optometry school reunion which makes me sad. But we just cannot swing it with all that is happening. Greg wanted to try making my 30th reunion work but I do not have the stamina nor energy nor am in the mood to attend. I missed our 25th reunion because I had a broken leg. Oh well.

Elaine is coming tomorrow (or so she promised) to help us shampoo the cats again before their next lime dip. So that is good.

Haha love that cartoon with the dog and cat. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed supper with friends the other night and sweet you got started on your September newsletter. Speaking of sweet

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 4.56.11 AM.png

Sad news. Dave is closing early October and after this week he will only be open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and then closed until next May starting early October. Our ice cream source will be cut off :(2 but we will find a replacement though it will not be nearly as good as Dave's ice cream. He has the best ice cream.

I don’t have a good poker face. He’d know.

You are in good company. I have no poker face. I wear all my emotions out in the open as you know. I trust people like us because we don't lie. Maybe because we cannot or maybe because we don't lie we don't have the necessary skills to do it properly. Who knows. LOL

I say get the ring Marcy and when Marty asks just smile. No words necessary.:whistle:

Enjoy this day off Marcy. Have a marvelous Monday magnificent Marcy.

@AV_ glad you enjoyed a quiet Sunday. Hope your week is off to a good start.

@Mamabean aww you have so much on your plate. I admire you immensely. You take care of everyone. Please make sure to take care of yourself too.(((Hugs))).

@Slick1 enjoy this Labor Day Monday. Sending you hugs and continued healing dust. XOXO.

@Scandinavian keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers and sending you hugs. Hope your mother is doing well and feeling good.

@Tekate I hope you are enjoying a long and happy holiday weekend and that all is going well. Hugs to you and to your sweet family. XOXO.

@Austina I know it isn't a holiday by you but every day is a holiday when one is no longer working at a career/job. Hope you are having a lovely day whatever you are doing. Sending you hugs and hoping your eyes are feeling fine.

We enjoyed a good cycling day yesterday and had some ice cream too. Today rain is predicted but we are hoping to get a ride in at least a little ride in if possible. We are still taking it one day one hour at a time. The cats are still losing copious amounts of hair and especially Tommy. I really don't know where we are going to end up but Greg and I are preparing for all possible scenarios. Though how can one prepare for something as awful as the worst case IDK. And my skin reaction is quite uncomfortable and itchy and raised and bumpy. No quiet moments of peace for me I guess at least for now. Keeping a positive attitude or should I say cattitude and just doing the very best we can. Sending you all hugs and hoping everyone enjoys a sweet Labor day Monday with no labor involved. :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH is the best. He (unbeknownst to me) researched ice cream alternatives to Days and found one in Asbury Park woohoo! My DH is the (ice)cream of the crop. :appl:

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 5.50.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 5.51.12 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

AV_

Ideal_Rock
My DH is the best. He (unbeknownst to me) researched ice cream alternatives to Days and found one in Asbury Park woohoo! My DH is the (ice)cream of the crop.

Darn ocean between here and there!

The last time I had a decent dark chocolate icecream, I had made it... Blackberry sauce would do nicely with one, come to think of it. TBC

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies, happy labour day!

:lol: At the cartoon @marcy, but that doesn’t apply to Dottie, she rarely ever barks. We didn’t think she knew how to for a long time. I :love: the tanzanite band, it’s beautiful, one of my favourite stones. The colour is just mesmerising, and one of the coloured stones that looks equally good in white or yellow gold.

Oh @missy, I so wish there was something I could do to help. :(2 Poor you, poor pusskats, it’s all so unfair. Keeping everything crossed that Elaine turns up to help with the cats. Are you able to put anything on your itchy skin to help relieve it? Was there any doubt that your darling Greg would be able to find you an alternative to Days? :D I hope the weather stays good enough for you to continue cycling.

Stay safe @junebug17, hopefully you’ll be out of harm’s way, but Dorian looks pretty brutal. We’re just watching how it’s devastating the Bahamas :(2

Hi @Mamabean , hope life is treating you well. I am the decorator in every sense, and will be wielding my paintbrush and rollers this weekend to give the bedroom a fresh coat of paint before the carpet is cleaned and everything arrives.

Just look at the cute little face @Tekate, it must really brighten your day just looking at it and seeing how she’s growing. Glad you enjoyed time with your friend with the added bonus of ogling her bling :D

Finally ordered the last of the items for the bedroom, and yesterday we dismantled the sleigh bed and moved it in to the garage ready for collection, the room looks so much bigger without it.

Forgot to post, that I’m getting mirrored furniture, merchants chest, 2 bedside tables and a dressing table and stool.

3818B258-6048-4BCD-935D-5870F38FAF44.jpeg
And this headboard

2C558995-EB30-434B-8D6D-755A2280DA83.jpeg

Got to rub down and fill the patches in the orangery this afternoon, that were recently damaged by the overflowing guttering.

Have a good day lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, very sorry you're going through such a stressful time and I hope your rash clears up soon. Sending the kitties lots of love and healing thoughts. It's great you and Greg have a replacement for Days now.

@AV_, glad you enjoyed a relaxing Sunday. Lemon jam sounds fabulous.

@marcy, love that band! Beautiful color :love: Those cartoons made me laugh. Hope you're enjoying your 3 day weekend. Gorgeous sunrise.

@Austina, love your choices! The dresser is stunning and the headboard is very elegant. It's all going to look amazing.

@Mamabean, don't sell yourself short ;))...I hope you're getting a chance to rest and relax a little.

Dh and I left SC today instead of tomorrow because there is a mandatory evacuation for parts of the SC coast and the highways going towards the airport were closed by 12. We had to drive 5 hours to Charlotte airport because all the Charleston flights were full. At the airport now waiting for our flight.

Sending good thoughts to all! XOX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dh and I left SC today instead of tomorrow because there is a mandatory evacuation for parts of the SC coast and the highways going towards the airport were closed by 12. We had to drive 5 hours to Charlotte airport because all the Charleston flights were full. At the airport now waiting for our flight.

Have a safe flight Junie!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 'Evacuation' is not something I could picture myself in! ,( I hope things work out for the best, and that you will write.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 'Evacuation' is not something I could picture myself in! ,( I hope things work out for the best, and that you will write.

It's not fun but always best to evacuate when told to vs waiting til it's too late. I could share stories...:errrr:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am glad Greg found an alternate ice cream place once Dave’s closes. That is just another sign summer is coming to an end. I hope RWgate is over before autumn kicks in as well; it has been a summer from hell for you and Greg - not to mention the kitties. Darn that you have to miss your optometry reunion but you definitely have your hands full just getting through the day with everything you have to do. I am happy to hear Elaine said she’d come help tomorrow. Good deal. I’m okay with us not being able to lie; I might keep my mouth shut at times but I do tell people don’t ask my opinion if you don’t want an honest answer. I am sorry to hear your rash is still itchy and uncomfortable. Those things take longer to go away than they should.

Mamabean, I did go play poker with Marty and his buddies one night in the man cave. I was down $60 in 20 minutes; I’ve never been back.

AV, our local Coldstone Creamery usually has dark chocolate ice cream; Marty always gets it.

Austina, I bet your were surprised the first time Dottie barked. She is like Snoopy - no sense barking if you don’t have anything to say. I really like tanzanite and have had and sold several tanzanite rings over the years and sadly currently I don’t have any tanzanite rings. It does look good in both white and yellow gold. Great chest and headboard; your room is going to look fabulous.

Mamabean, we can always use a chuckle, right? I can totally see cats being that obnoxious.

Junebug, i did enjoy my long weekend. Sadly I’ve had to work every day but not for too long. Glad to hear you are heading home today. I bet the roads and airports are crazy with evacuations. Best to get out of there to be safe.

I went to the grocery store at about 8 this morning to get 4 things. $233 later I had a lot more things than 4 items. Oh well, we are stocked up on things for a while. Snow is out there so why not pick up some things now? Marty met with a client and did his lifting. We went out for lunch then he went back to meet another client. I suggested he turn his bookkeeping over to me; we’ll see if he gets around to doing that. He ordered some banners and flags for his grand opening next weekend. Now I’m off to McDonalds to see if they have any of the NASA Snoopy toys today and maybe I’ll stop by Kay’s. Ooh.

Take care.
Marcy

My own gym: Note my second goal is to Admit Killer Rabbits Rule - I added the "don't"
IMG_0727.JPG

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy No question I'll be running from a hurricane before anyone tells me to! The only somewhat common nature deeds that cause evacuations here are fieldfires, my area is safe from these too.

@marcy Nice Brutalist gym!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AV.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Totally misread the weather. Wanted to go to the Labor Day Classic (football) but it was cold and wet this AM. Did some errands, and by the time I got home the low black cloud blew off and bright blue sky! Too late to get tickets. waaaaaaaaaaa

Went cycling instead and picked up some (delish) Pho.

Shout out to NIRDI's.:wavey: Hope everyone is doing AOK.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, darn that you missed the game but it sounds like a lovely day for cycling.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi EVERYONE!

@missy How are you? Are you getting this rain that we are having up here in Maine today? We always need rain but it does get dreary. Jeez so much stress for you sweetie, it BREAKS my heart for you to be so sad Missy... you are a good mom.. I agree with Austina, if you think Fred cannot stand anymore then please don't do it, Tommy is so beautiful. And I'm with Mamabean, it hurts my heart to read how you feel. I too am glad that Greg has found a new ice cream stop. So sorry you have to miss your reunion :( but am glad the lady will come and help with the kittens. Missy they say it's darkest before dawn and that is what I am hoping for here for you and Greg.

@junebug17 Hi Junie! glad to know that Dorian will not be around when you are around in SC if it even makes it that far. June I am so glad you can hang with your sister! and her pup no less! sounds like you and DH are having a great time, being lazy is what it is about! I'm glad you two can do it, sendng hugs to you June and how's those wonderful kids of yours? xoxoxox safe trip home :wavey:

@marcy such a beautiful morning Marcy, made my heart sing. I love your lifting room! looks cool. You aren't expecting snow yet are you? Several years ago I was on a cruise to some place and man they were pushing tanzanite, wish I had bought some rings - live and learn. Sending cool mornings and warm days for you! xoxo

@Austina Love your new bed post and furniture, it's always so much fun to redo and upgrade and make a room feel new and exciting!

@Mamabean How's things going? which house are you at? hard to keep up girl. How's the grands and Chris? sometimes our adult kids are worse than little kids. Any new jewelry on the horizon? xoxoxo

@Calliecake Hey Callie! what is new? how are you? xoxoxo

@AV_ all sounds good and exciting with you! xo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon!

Nothing new here we have just been running around trying to clean this place up, it's exhausting. Sending love to everyone.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lovely Nirdis,

Just a quick stop by-- I can't possibly keep up with you guys! Hope our US Nirdis are having a nice (and safe) Labor Day and that none of you are in Dorian's path- Junie, glad to hear you were headed back. Hope your travels were safe and easy.

Gorgeous pictures of Tanzanite and sunsets and ice cream and furniture on this last page.

Missy- I'm so sorry about the kitties. How awful for all of you. Fingers crossed and good, healing thoughts to all in your household. Scandi, hope your mum is doing better. I'm so sorry to hear what she's going through. Marcy- a new gym?! Mamabean, sorry to hear about difficult times with your son- hope a corner has been turned. Tekate- dust for a quick house sale!

I know I've missed people, and apologise in advance. I'm going to come back and catch up with everyone soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. It's like a tragedy comedy here. Get ready for a vent but feel free to skip if you aren't in the mood and I don't blame you. I am not in the mood either.

This AM as we were trying to catch Tommy (it's always quite the effort to get him in the AM to give him his Itrafungol) Greg accidentally hit me with the broom handle under the couch as we were both on the floor trying to get Tommy to come out. Anyway I am bleeding again. I now have like 5 open wounds on my arms and legs just a perfect environment for RW to take hold. I am getting tired of this if you cannot tell. And the skin issue behind my knees is spreading to my thighs. It is not a simple thing and I just have a feeling it's going to be a bumpy ride with this too. Right now I am feeling like giving Oliver back (he's the only one doing well but he is being kept a prisoner in our bedroom which isn't fair to him but we don't want to 1. reinfect him by exposing him to the other cats and 2. stress Fred out further but letting Oliver out. Bad situation all around.

Elaine is supposed to come this AM. Not sure if Lime Dip is tomorrow or Thursday.

@junebug17 I hope you are home safe and sound and sleeping well right now. Glad you got out of SC before the storm. Hoping the storm doesn't wreak havoc and that everything by you remains quiet and safe. I hate hurricanes. Scary and dangerous and praying everyone stays safe. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate thank you. I have good moments and bad moments and this AM was a bad one when I got another wound. From a broom handle probably filled with germs. Oh well. And the cats. What can I say. No end in sight. Fred is eating but he is pretty still much of the time so not sure what that means. His fungus isn't going away and like the other adult cats he is still losing hair. Week 6 of the torture for everyone.

We got a heavy rain yesterday and got caught in a torrential downpour. According to Greg it was our worst one yet that we got caught in while cycling. It only lasted about 40 minutes but felt like hours. We were drenched and even had to pull over for a few minutes as we couldn't see in front of us. It was an adventure and compared to what we are going through small potatoes. Though when we got back the maintenance on the bike after being drenched in the rain was hours for Greg to complete. Time he really doesn't have but it had to be done. My bike shoes are going to be wet for days lol.

Hope you are being successful at the cleaning you are doing and that you are sleeping soundly and wake refreshed Kate the Great. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

@marcy love that austere gym and haha love the note on the wall too. :lol: I am glad the gym is doing well and what a great idea to take over Marty's bookkeeping. He would be crazy not to take you up on that generous offer. Yum to Cold Creamery. I never went there but their cold treats look yummy. You are so right about our skin reactions taking way longer than they should to get better. I know you know what I am going through with that. Remember my eyebrow issue? Took over a year to get less terrible and I am still missing hair there. Alopecia of the eyebrow from that reaction but we still don't have the diagnosis of what caused it. The thing is that started in winter so it is weird this started in summer. I really hope there is a diagnosis that is treatable with this skin reaction. I am so tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin and in my home. Sorry Marcy I am just down this AM and in pain, bleeding and itching too and my poor kitties are not doing well. Maybe I should look into euthanizing all of us.:cry: JK. I think.

Beautiful sunrise the other day and I hope your day back to work goes smoothly dear Marcy. Have a good day. XOXO

@canuk-gal yay for cycling yesterday though I am sorry you missed the game you wanted to attend. The weather is tricky business. Yumm to Pho. Hugs.

@AV_ that is because you are a smart cookie. You and me both would be running to safety. When we had to evacuate here during Sandy it was not a question. Well maybe a brief "I want to stay and keep the house safe" from me but then I realized uh oh nope getting out of town all of us. My parents were stubborn and though their entire neighborhood in Brooklyn was evacuated they refused to leave and it was a disaster that could have ended with their demise and the demise of their animals. Luckily it didn't come to that and only their first floor was destroyed completely but they are so stubborn and when I asked them would they do that again they said yes. Despite the fact they called me during the height of the storm crying the emergency vehicles wouldn't come to get them when the water was rising fast and they didn't know if they would survive. Yup. And they would do it again. SMH.

I wish the ocean that existed between us could be easily traversed and you could come visit any time within a matter of hours or better yet minutes...
(((Hugs)))

@Austina lovely furniture. Thanks for your good thoughts. I am applying Eucrisa cream without knowing what I am dealing with but it's for eczema and suppresses the immune reaction so maybe it will help. No relief yet. I am stranded here and not sure what I am going to do as it is getting worse. Like everything. I am trying to send out positive energy but it isn't working quite yet. The feral cats are doing very well though thank goodness and we see them lounging about relaxing on the property happy and content. That makes us happy. At least some of the cats around here are happy. ::)
XOXO

@Slick1 good luck today and hope school goes smoothly! I think you are going back today but maybe I got that wrong. In any case have a wonderful day and feel well. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean how are you? How was the rest of your holiday weekend? Sending you hugs and love.

@Scandinavian sending more good thoughts and healing vibes and big hugs to you and your mom. (((HUGS))).

Hi @jaaron how nice to "see" you here. Thanks for all your good wishes. I hope you are well and are enjoying a happy summer. Still have a few weeks left of summer. For us it was the summer that wasn't but hoping better times are ahead. I think of the Kinks song "Better things"

Wishing all you lovely ladies a happy Tuesday and may better things be on their way for everyone.

Here's wishing you the bluest sky
And hoping something better comes tomorrow
Hoping all the verses rhyme
And the very best of choruses, too
Follow all the doubt and sadness
I know that better things are on the way
Here's hoping all the days ahead
Won't be as bitter as the ones behind you
Be an optimist instead
And somehow happiness will find you
Forget what happened yesterday
It's really good to see you rocking out
And having fun
Living like you've just begun
Accept your life and what it brings
I hope tomorrow you'll find better things
I know tomorrow you'll find better things
Here's wishing you the bluest sky
And hoping something better comes tomorrow
Hoping all the verses rhyme
And the very best of choruses, too
Follow all the doubt and sadness
I know you've got a lot of good things happening up ahead
The past is gone, it's all been said
So here's to what the future brings

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.42.59 AM.png

Oh and we hit 5K miles this season so far on the bike yesterday woohoo! We got drenched through and through but we hit our 5,000 mile mark.:appl:

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.43.24 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost forgot. I took some cloud photos before the torrential rain started.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 5.37.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 5.36.59 AM.png
In Sea Girt as we turned around to make the trip back and stop at Days in between.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 5.36.34 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results