carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, beautiful sunrise photo yesterday. It has fabulous colors. Sounds like a very long day for Greg yesterday and you as well. I am so happy you and Greg get out for a ride and get to enjoy some ice cream. You need that break. I am glad you took off a day of cleaning too; that had to be nice. I am so glad Fred was purring last night. I totally believe Fred and all the kitties are depressed; I am depressed for them and you. RW is just a nasty, nasty thing. I wouldn’t have a lot of tests on Fred right now either. Too cute your sister is dreading your nieces going back to school. Chauffeuring kids around takes a ton of time - especially in a big city. I am glad to hear Greg got a good report card at the doctor.

Austina, oh no about your eyes. Do you wear contacts? I hope they are okay today. I hope Adam and Kim set a date soon. I am glad you like to wear dresses and they are cooler for you; I wear a sweater every day since I’m always cold. MM and NN are definitely allies except when they are fighting. It sounds like you had a fun and busy day.

Kate, I think ice cream sounds good all the time now; Missy’s dishes always look so good. I am sending mega dust your way on a speedy spiffing up your house and a quick sell. Then there is that packing part. Ugh. It sounds like our knees are soul mates; I hate when they just want to give out. I hope that doesn’t happen often and it feels better before several days later. I am better today. Thank you. I’m with your DH on replacing knees. I told someone at work yesterday the only way I’m doing that is if they catch me; sadly that’s not too hard these days. Ha Ha. Your yellow sapphire ring is gorgeous; hopefully it fits okay. I hope Marty is turning people away; he’d be so happy. We had a gym full last night and he had a big old grin on his face. Oh and mm donuts. Marty’s 74 year old client make him a cute little plaque about dead lifting and told him how much he has helped her and changed her life giving her new sense of purpose and direction. I agree grilled corn is the best and yes we will have cookies when we get together. I can’t wait to see what design and plans you make for your new house.

Sharon, that’s awesome your DH got a hole in one today. I am sure he is still grinning.

TooPatient, I am with you and Kate on houses with stairs. Our basement has 10 foot ceilings so we have a long staircase to our basement. My parents both passed away soon after moved and they had one of those electric chairs so we moved it here for me. Makes it easy for me to get up and down those stairs. Good luck looking for a new house. I am so glad you enjoyed Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Sending you and your grandmother mega dust hoping you get her to see the Grand Canyon.

Last night I was going to meet a friend of mine at Marty’s gym so we could lift together. She invited her sister, BIL and their 2 nieces to come see the gym. Her sister and BIL asked if they could lift too so Marty had 4 of us lifting. He was loving it. The little girls are 3 and 5 and completely adorable. They kept trying to pick up weights.

Here is the little picture Marty’s client made for him. She is 74 and was very weak when she started working with him; she needed his help to get up and down now lifts and squats all by herself. She is off her blood pressure medicine now and has more energy than she’s had for years. Marty was very touched by her kind words and results.
upload_2019-8-29_19-31-30.png

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's late but I just wanted to pop in real quick -

@missy, great news about Greg. I know it's been a long summer and I'm hoping September brings relief for the kitties. I'm sorry Fred's blood work raised more questions than answers and it sounds like it's best to hold off on further testing, at least for now. Love the pic of Tommy at the window :love: Thinking of you all and hoping for the best.

@Tekate, the ring your niece made for you will make a lovely wedding set - And who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and it will fit your right hand.

@marcy, that Snoopy comic is so cute. Wow, the progress Marty's 74 year old client has made is absolutely amazing. How wonderful Marty was able to help her so much, and good for her for working so hard. Love the plaque, so sweet. How great Marty had a full house at the gym, he must have really enjoyed it and those little girls sound adorable.

@Austina, glad your eyes are feeling better and I hope they don't give you any more problems. You had a busy day and I'm glad you had an enjoyable lunch with your former coworkers.

@canuk-gal. Congrats to your hubby on his hole in one! A perfect reason to celebrate.

@TooPatient, I'm so glad you have a wonderful time in Las Vegas! I was reading about your trip in another thread and it's great everything worked out. I hope your grandmother can make it to the GC, I'm so sorry she's having so many health issues.

@Calliecake, thinking of you and I hope you have a great weekend.

Still in South Carolina and will be here until next Tuesday - having a good time, the weather has been good so we're getting to spend time outdoors. Thinking of you all! Xox

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
@marcy big "pose":appl::wavey: to you and Marty---much success to you both!!!! (you've already got the strength..)

nite--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 yay so glad you are having a fun time in SC with friends and family and that your weather is cooperating. And glad you get to enjoy it for a bit longer. I love this time of year when the weather is just perfect temperature and humidity wise and hope that holds for a while. Enjoy and sending you (((hugs))).

@Tekate Kate dear Kate, thank you. It is a huge relief getting Greg's clean bill of health. As for the cats and our daily routine which is a bit challenging we are taking it moment by moment and it isn't about the day per se but just getting through each hour.

Feel free to skip our daily routine but just sharing it to give you an idea of what I mean when I say moment by moment. W

When I get out of bed I start a wash with towels etc. Then I go downstairs and I feed the cats (Tommy, Bobby and Fred downstairs and Greg feeds Oliver in our bedroom where he is a resident at this time and for the foreseeable near future) and when we finally get them to eat (no easy feat these days) success and relief.

Then I prepare the syringes and go upstairs and Greg and I give Oliver the first Itrafungol dose and then do his topicals. Then we both go downstairs and give the meds (Itrafungol and topicals) to Bobby and Tommy. And when that is done huge relief.

Then Greg does topicals for Fred and I go upstairs and clean Oliver's playpen while he is running around our bedroom for the only freedom he gets each day. We let him run around for a couple of hours and he jumps up on the bed and plays with us and then runs around some more. At this point we are having our morning coffee.

This AM we got up at 3AM and we are now having our coffee at 4:15 AM. After about 2 hours I put Oliver back in his (now clean and fully disinfected) playpen and we start our cleaning and disinfecting of the entire house. Greg does downstairs (much bigger) and I take care of upstairs. First I strip our bed and do that wash. And then cleaning the floors and dusting.

Today we have to wet mop in between vacuuming and disinfecting as the Rescue disinfectant has built up on the floors. SO vacuum, wet mop (probably at least twice over all the floors) to get the Rescue off the wood floors and then after it's dry I have to mop on the Rescue disinfectant.

So you can see it's not so much about is it a good day but rather getting through each hour and baby steps all the way. When we are finished with those chores Greg gets the bike ready (weather and work permitting) and we go for a ride. And get ice cream if the timing works.

Then we get back and we have to do topicals all over again and try feeding the cats and then Greg goes to work and I just basically collapse in the tub after showering for like the fourth time of the day. In between everything I shower each time so as not to reinfect the cats or us. It's an exhausting routine but I try not thinking about it and just doing it.

Any updates re the house sale? How is Autie? How are your kids? How is your sweet niece Katie doing? I love your inspiration home and I truly think you can make it happen on your terms. Sending you big hugs and much love and lots of good luck house sale dust. XOXO.

@Austina glad you got to enjoy time out with your former colleagues yesterday. And happy your eyes are feeling better. When our eyes hurt it's hard to get our minds on anything else. I forgot to mention if it is allergy related you might want to look into Pataday which is a once a day allergy drop. Allergies can make our eyes feel scratchy and dry and itchy. Hope you are having a good morning. XO

We are actually having amazing weather. Even when it was a bit drizzly on Wednesday the cycling was nice. It was cool and comfortable with just a little drizzle. And we have really lucked out at least for now because we have enjoyed cycling almost every single day in the past few weeks if memory serves me correctly. That rarely happens. But because it is Labor Day coming up work is going to get much busier for Greg and I am not sure what the days will hold re cycling starting next week. I feel like I can lose my mind if we don't get out and do something fun every day while dealing with Ringworm Gate. LOL and Oy oy oy. Anyway glad you are having good weather too finally and hope you have a lovely day.

@marcy haha love that picture Marty's client made for him. Sweet. And speaking of sweet how sweet you got to lift with friends yesterday. I miss my Reformer Pilates as that is back in Brooklyn and I haven't been back to Brooklyn since May. I thought about getting one for here but I really dont have a good place to put it because my exercise room is filled with 2 treadmills and an elliptical here. I should think about getting rid of one of my treadmills. When I have more energy and more time.

Enjoy your long weekend starting today dear Marcy. We love long weekends. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal enjoy a wonderful weekend and sending you hugs. Hope you get to cycle some more and that your dh makes another hole in one. Do you play golf? I don't remember. Have a good weekend my dear and hope your weather is nice. XOXO.

@Slick1 glad you survived the first week of school and sending you more hugs and healing vibes. I am hoping your spider bite goes away completely soon and that your need for antibiotics also goes away. And that you continue to heal well and feel well and that everything falls into place just like it should. (((HUGS))).

@Scandinavian you and your mom are on my mind and sending continued healing dust her way and hugs to you. And lots of love. Hope everything is going smoothly for you guys. XOXO.

Leaving you with a few photos from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.24.44 AM.png

You can see Fred on the couch and Bobby behind him on the towel on the bench. Poor sweeties.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.24.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.26.25 AM.png

Have a wonderful Friday lovely ladies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ hope your week is continuing to go well and that you have something fun planned for the weekend. Any fruitful updates? Haha I have blackberries and blueberries on my mind having enjoyed frozen blueberries for much of the week. I don't love how they stain my fingers purple blue but it's worth the inconvenience as they are so sweet and delicious this time of year.

Reactions: AV_

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Fred looks better in this last picture @missy ! Fingers crossed!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that routine would be overwhelming to me, I'm not sure I could do it, I would I think but it is exhausting, but we do what we can for our oved family members, that's it, with Daisy it was only 2x a week a 1/2 bath from me with medicines to keep her from being infected all the time. I was younger then and as I said before when I decided to get a pet for me, John and boys it my 3rd kid, simple as that, love knows no lesser love for animal or human in my book and that is it. I can write tons of platitudes but the truth is, you are strong and you do what you must. Wish it were different. Are you planning on returning to the city for fall? I'm not sure I would want to have to do this at Brooklyn and Jersey homes.. as you know girl, my heart to yours

I'll give an update below on the house stuff Missy. Ice cream looks so delicious! and oh boy RINGWORM GATE! hell that was so funny, it's so apropos~ ringworm from hell!

@marcy that sign is so cool! 74 and lifting that is really a testament to her and Marty.. I'm going t give an update below on what we are doing now with selling and moving and building (i'm already tired thinking about it). Ooh that elevator thingy sounds awesome Marcy! sounds like you and your friends and little ones had a great time lifting! besides advertising word of mouth always is a good thing!!! xoxoxo (happy holiday, and have a great 4 days or more off Marcy girl!)... xoxo (again)..

@junebug17 thank you so much with your kind comments on my new ring! can't wait to get it and you know what Junie? John hadn't seen it till day b4 yesterday, don't know why but I just never showed him a pix, I said "John, it looks much bigger than it is, it's only a 1 carat sapphire" so get this: John say "Well get her to make you one with a 2carat sapphire"! truth! I may not sure.. sometimes I think John is senile ;-) Hope you are having a wonderful time in SC June and hope this labor day doesn't bring you any of Dorian's rain? Thinking of you too June and your family and a happy holiday to you all! xoxo

@Scandinavian big hi your way and love and care to your Mom and family Scandi. xoxo

@Slick1 hope school was good this week! happy holiday! any plans for your holiday weekend? xoxo

@Mamabean where are you? missing your updates on family and fun! and grands.. happy holiday weekend! xoxo

@Austina hope you eyes are better... have a lovely weekend with Colin and friends and relaxing! xoxo

@Jimmianne Calling Jimmianne! missing you, how's France and its weather? do you miss the US at all? any changes to your house? miss you girl! xoxo

@TooPatient happy Friday and happy holiday if you are a USAer :) if not happy weekend! xoxo

Update to house: Real estate lady came yesterday and she said to put it on the market asap, market uncertainty etc (I took it to mean RECESSION) I couldn't read her well enough to decide she just needed a new listing to be honest but John is hot on the trail now so we are going to put it on the market in 2 weeks, I'll be gone most of Oct and Nov and late sept too so it will be up to John to keep this place up ! I recommended to him to have the cleaning service every week. Haven't told the boys yet but will this weekend. Rush rush to clean up the garage etc. oh ugh.

John wants to put in all the new bushes etc so we are still going to do that, but we cancelled the master bath reno as the agent said it was fine as is, we shall see. !

so I am going up to Bowdoin College for an art show with my friend Joyce from IBM days!

sending happy loving healthful dust to all the NIRDIs!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends. I’m driving to Maryland today with the crew. I want to apologize for not checking in. I’ve been on PS...but not here because I didn’t want to be a downer. I’ve been having major issues with my older son. We are okay but he has always had drama around him and my support for him in addition to my other responsibilities made me shut down for a bit...I’m going to do marathon reading and be done by tomorrow morning. I hope you all are well. I missed checking in with my buds..:kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Am I glad this week is over...
Digging up garden takes the edge off starting a fairly new line of work (on that grant), but both added up to just enough to put me down. You must have noticed that I kept reading here and passed by PS without saying much (or making sense). Tomorrow better be Sunday by the book.

@marcy I wish Marty's lifting joint were nearby! You sure do know how to put a good word for it.

@missy I am reading your ringworm saga in disbelief ,( Your mention of a European vaccine makes me want to look into the smuggling business (attempted humour)

@Tekate You sound as if you have built a hundred houses!

@Scandinavian I need your cool. Who doesn't! I hope you could have your break & it worked.

Long day, over with

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, thank you. I think the progress Marty’s 74 year old client has made is pretty amazing. He is enjoying his gym so far. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your time in SC.

Sharon, thank you. I hope Marty’s gym goes well.

Missy, you certainly have your hands full during the day. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. You definitely need that daily break cycling and getting ice cream. It’s important to have some normalcy in your day. Glad you guys keep things at both houses since you haven’t been back to the city for so long. It was fun lifting with my friends but I am going to prefer my private gym downstairs. Marty’s gym is about 2 blocks from where I used to work; small world. Great pictures.

Scandi, did you mom have her chemo today? I am keeping you and her in my thoughts and hope this round isn’t awful for her.

Kate, Marty said he was kind of choked up when his client was telling him how much lifting has changed her life. That is why he enjoys coaching so much. Sweet that John said Kate should make you a 2 carat sapphire ring. I really like my yellow sapphire; it’s one of my favorites. That’s great you are putting your place on the market in a few weeks. Just get that process started; realtors generally know the pulse of the market. Good luck!

Mamabean, sending hugs to you and hoping things settle down soon.

AV, sorry you had such a long day; I hope tomorrow is way better.

I had a busy day and totally enjoyed not being at work. I watched the sunrise, went out to the cemetery, got fuel, picked up cookies to take to a friend’s house, stopped by the gym for Marty’s interview with the paper, took Marty and a friend out to lunch, went to visit my friend who had hip surgery and took her cookies (which sadly got too warm in my car and were so soft they kind of broke), got stuff for Marty’s supper and got home at about 4.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is a serious storm cloud building over Nebraska.
IMG_0724.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@AV_ yes please lol. If you can figure out a way I would gladly fund the whole trip and smuggling business but shh:shhh: and yes please.:halo:
I too am glad this week is over. I cannot wait for RW gate to be over either as you can imagine. I will say if anyone wants to get into tip top physical shape start cleaning on a daily basis. Good for you getting energy and work stress out by working in the garden. That is a positive outlet for sure. Sending you lots of good wishes and (((hugs)))

@Tekate yes we do what we have to do til we cannot do it anymore. I hope we can continue this til the cats are all well. No word from Elaine so that is disappointing. Why do people offer to help if they don't want to follow through? Sorry I just am over being disappointed in people if you kwim. Anyway we will continue doing what is necessary to get our cats well and I hope and pray it works. We are not returning to the city just yet. Cannot risk infecting another home and Brooklyn is filled with books and such that would be impossible to disinfect so we have to remain here as long as we can. I know you get the love of animals and you are a kindred spirit. Enjoy the art show with your friend Joyce and lots of good luck on your home sale. XOXO.

@Mamabean we missed you too and thanks for checking in with us. Have a wonderful trip and I hope any issues are resolved easily. Sending you and your family lots of good health dust. And (((hugs))).

Gorgeous sky @marcy. And yes I am glad you enjoyed not being at work yesterday. You deserve a long weekend. Looks like you accomplished a lot yesterday too. Enjoy your long weekend and have fun. Thanks for liking my photos. I like yours too. :sun:

@Scandinavian any updates? Continuing to think of you and your mom and sending lots of healing dust her way. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 dear girl how are you? I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and sending you lots of love and hugs.

So we had a good day yesterday. Cycling and ice cream and took care of our cats too. And I made an impulse purchase because Greg insisted. Don't get too excited but I bought Jonathan's AVC moissanite ring. I never saw Moissanite in person but Jonathan said I would not be disappointed lol we will see. It has to be resized so I don't know when I will get it and truth be told I have not worn any rings since Ring-gate (haha and cry cry cry) started. But hey I have always loved antique cushions and thought what better way to try it on and see what I think. Plus when it was posted here on PS and I showed Greg the photo (I was never on Jonathan's site so if it hadn't been posted I would have missed it) he said get it. He said I deserve something for all we are going through. How sweet is he? I just hope I love it and wear it because I never wear the real antique diamond cluster ring I got from Adam. I just don't wear rings so not sure what I was thinking but I needed a pick me up. At least we are helping the economy hahaha. @Slick1 and @Mamabean I know you both are fans of Jonathan's work. What do you think?

OK enough blabbering from me. Onto photos.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 5.28.21 AM.png

and a photo of my impulse purchase. And it was an impulse because I don't know anything about moissanite or even AVCs. I love the simple setting and it is just my taste. I think I have been longing for a solitaire and this might scratch that itch for a while anyway. Until I reset Bubbalah. And because it is understated I can wear it to the doctors and veterinarian office without thinking they think we are rich lol. When I wear Bubbalah she really draws the attention so this will be a nice understated change.

augustvintagecushion.jpg

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am very, very, very happy to hear of your new interest in Jonathan's beautiful things, no less! It must be interesting to take Bubbalah for a ride to NJ one of these days, when the storm clears (one is coming here, so there is wash to gather, so I've gotta run!)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Saturday!

I too have been helping the economy @missy :lol: I think I mentioned that we are going to tart up our utility room and Richard said he could do it in September. I have been looking for tiles, new sink, new worktop. I found the tile, just a simple bevel edged subway tile, a black siligranite sink, and a grey wood looking laminate top. I’m not coughing up for quartz or granite. We’ve ordered the worktop, and the tiles and sink are in stock, so I’ll get them when I know when Richard’s coming.

I also decided to give our bedroom a makeover, all things (apart from the lamps) that we can take with us. Our current bedroom furniture we bought new for our last house in 1999, so time for a change.

It’ll sound hideous, but I’m going for grey and ochre. I’m confident that it’ll all go together, because I didn’t want anything too matchy matchy.

New lamps, with a little bit of bling :P2
C219FF05-A2D1-4310-88A3-2E2BD4F6697E.jpeg

New rug

FBAC3CA0-69D8-4013-A3E8-CA4F982BB1E9.jpeg
Throw for the bed

374407D1-EFA1-48EA-BB41-EF14580E3D8D.jpeg
New pictures
5B2D9548-3E89-400D-85BB-5767D6F5AF34.jpeg 36AF2795-C12E-4005-B3B9-9D362C2A6B8D.jpeg
And just for some fun, new cushions for the chaise

503B6348-8F53-4B27-BB2B-AA430504FF45.jpeg

Hi @Mamabean I’m sorry life is proving being difficult for you at the moment, I hope things calm down soon and family issues are resolved.

The ring is beautiful @missy, and you deserve a treat after the thoroughly awful time you’ve been having. Greg is an absolute treasure for wanting you to have it. Hope you’re having a good day today and enjoying time outdoors and ice cream afterwards :lickout:

Glad you had a good day off work @marcy, sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Is the paper doing a feature on Marty’s gym, that’ll be great publicity for him? How sweet that the lady is so appreciative of training with Marty. Love the sign!

I hope your new work won’t be too daunting @AV_ I feel sure you’ll be able to cope with whatever lies ahead for you.

Good luck with marketing the house @Tekate, I think it’s a good decision not to over spend on anything major. Even if bathrooms/kitchens aren’t to everyone’s taste, as long as they’re clean, that’s what people will notice. Nice planters and a tidy front lawn will give you the kerb appeal that’ll encourage people to come and view.

Have a great weekend in SC @junebug17 , sounds like you’re having fun.

Hope you’re keeping well @Calliecake and that pesky stone isn’t causing any problems.

Hi @canuk-gal have a great weekend.

Hope you’re Mum is doing well @Scandinavian and you’re all doing well.

No plans for the weekend (apart from the shopping and the trip to Costco)

Sending love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Attachments

• 3885FFD5-21D7-4B5F-ACCE-521CE5435CB3.png
    3885FFD5-21D7-4B5F-ACCE-521CE5435CB3.png
    531.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 92842146-125F-4000-905C-B8E347D53D9A.png
    92842146-125F-4000-905C-B8E347D53D9A.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 60

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good afternoon Missy! I have seen AVC moissanite, at MrsB's party last fall, I thought it was fantastic and I could BARELYL seen any difference between the real thing and a moissy. Several of the ladies at Mrs B's party bought his AVC moissanite and I THINK @Mamabean has some moissanite. You will love it, funny I was looking at that ring yesterday early, you will rock it!

I just wanted to reply to you re: AVC moissanite, I will put a pix or two in my bigger post. xoxoxoxoxo to you sweet lady! xoxoxoxo again. :)

GM girls!

So we had a good day yesterday. Cycling and ice cream and took care of our cats too. And I made an impulse purchase because Greg insisted. Don't get too excited but I bought Jonathan's AVC moissanite ring. I never saw Moissanite in person but Jonathan said I would not be disappointed lol we will see. It has to be resized so I don't know when I will get it and truth be told I have not worn any rings since Ring-gate (haha and cry cry cry) started. But hey I have always loved antique cushions and thought what better way to try it on and see what I think. Plus when it was posted here on PS and I showed Greg the photo (I was never on Jonathan's site so if it hadn't been posted I would have missed it) he said get it. He said I deserve something for all we are going through. How sweet is he? I just hope I love it and wear it because I never wear the real antique diamond cluster ring I got from Adam. I just don't wear rings so not sure what I was thinking but I needed a pick me up. At least we are helping the economy hahaha. @Slick1 and @Mamabean I know you both are fans of Jonathan's work. What do you think?

OK enough blabbering from me. Onto photos.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina wow! what beautiful new items Austina, it's going to look FANTASTIC and the colors are just perfect - love it. How are your eyes? Thank you Austina, you are right, we aren't going to spend anything but on the lawn divider flowers etc because the landscape guy has already bought the stuff ha! but I am saving big time on the bathroom so I feel good about that. Have a great evening and night Austina. xoxoxoxo

@marcy what an amazing sky! beautiful and ominious.. I love that.. how did the interview go for Marty? how nice you got cookies for your friend, I'm of the opinion that a bit melted cookies are WAAAAY better than no cookies by far! xoxo

@Mamabean Hello lovely lady, I hope things are improving also.. it's sooo hard when family problems take up our life, as they always do, no one get's out of life without family fights. xoxo

@junebug17 Hello Junie! Are they talking Dorian your way? Models show it moving up towards SC but they are right as much as they are wrong! hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend with your beautiful family June. xoxoxo

@Slick1 gotta say, your pix of flowers total blow me over, gorgeous stuff Slick. xoxo

@Calliecake hola sweet lady! hope you are feeling well, hope all the nieces and grands are going fantastic with one week down for school, and Monday off I will bet. When is your zapper going to happen? sending love your way. xoxoxo

@missy What I said above and can't wait to see this gorgeous ring on your finger! I think it's a great idea to stay at the beach house until things calm down with RW HELL! my new name.. please keep your health up Missy, I send you a huge heart and love... YOU DESERVE a new ring, you DO! and Greg is the best huband ever.. we keep on keeping on Missy because we are those kinds of people.. sending huge huge loves and hugs your way. xoxoxo

@canuk-gal happy weekend lady!

@AV_ have a great evening. xoxoxo

Had a great time with my friend Joyce yesterday, the art museum at Bowdoin College up north a bit was small but enchanting, with African American artists, Hudson River artists and of course Maine artists, Joyce and I had a great time, she's coming over for a cup of tea in a few hours. We are busy trying to get the house in order for a sale! of course most of the time I will be in Austin (ha!) so its more up to John. (good). When we lived Raleigh he was transferred to Austin and I was stuck getting a 4200 sq foot home ready for moving and get all the repairs done, move crap, it was hell, so a part of my says "what goes around does come around" but the market here isn't like Raleigh or Austin :) so who's to say we can even sell it this fall. :)

Putting up a few pix for everyone to see, Joyce's OEC rings, not very good but she has tons! and of course the latest on Autie Marie! xoxoxox (excuse Mike's man hairy legs)

autie 831.jpg Joyce 1.jpg Joyce 2.jpg Joyce 3.jpg Joyce 4.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Yes, where is our French Miss? @Jimmianne hhheeeeellllloooooooooo
@Tekate Autie is such a cutie! I could cuddle that sweetie pie!!
@missy , no I no longer golf--wrecked my shoulder playing the game. In PS (sometimes) I go to the driving range with my family--I can still hit it....but could not play a round comfortably. Your new ring looks fabu!

Stinky wet weather today. Coolish. So I went to the mall, but unlike @Austina I did not support the economy very much. Bought a cannoli for my DH !:P2

I have short ribs in the oven. Yes, November food in August. Geez I whine about the weather a lot!:eek2:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m so excited to see your AVC! I can’t speak for the cushions because I have the AVEC and AVR..but I love mine so much. I hope you love it. I laughed when you said it will be understated. Wait until you see it on your hand and then we’ll see if you think! I hope you love it..
You certainly need a treat...:kiss2:
Is this the first week Elaine didn’t show up?
@Tekate I have to catch up with your house buying in Austin. I read that it was your hubby’s turn to take care of either selling or buying your new house. I also had to sell my other house...It was such a headache but I lucked out that it sold before it hit the multiple listings online. I then had to fly my mom and David to Pennsylvania and look for a house. I only had a week so I rented a house that had a very large basement to store everything I wasn’t going to fit in the rental. My husband started his job there before I could get everything and everyone settled. I also went to all the listings in Pa when we moved to the rental looking for the new house. My husband had veto power but I was more picky so it worked out. It wore me out. To think I have to do this again makes me cringe because it actually was better than having to do it with my husband. He takes a long time to make a decision..I know it when I see it..and if all the boxes are checked I don’t second guess myself. I think this is very exciting to be closer to your son, daughter-in-law and little Autie...I can’t wait until you start decorating. That’s my thing..I love the hunt and the decorating a new place.
That pic of Autie is soooooo sweet! What a cutie!
@Austina That’s so exciting that you are redoing your home. Everything you picked goes so well together and looks so cheery! Did you hire a decorator?
@Slick1 I hope you’re feeling good and you see some improvement from your procedure. You have been through so much. I didn’t get to read everything so just jumping in...Did you start school yet? Did you decide what earrings you’re going to wear with your beautiful dress? We are enablers and pushed @missy to the Moissy side. I hope she loves it. It’s okay if you don’t @missy..I just hope you love it as much as @Slick1 and I love them.
@AV_ I think you are staying where you are and are doing a lot of weeding your backyard? I know you love where you live..so I’m very happy for you.
@junebug I hope you are having a great time in South Carolina!
@Calliecake I’m happy you haven’t had much trouble with that darn stone...I’m glad it’s going to get blasted to smithereens..:twisted:
@Scandinavian I hope you are holding up taking care of your mom. You’re such a good daughter..
@marcy You are a busy girl! That picture that his client gave him is precious. How wonderful for him to hear he changed her life...You can’t get better than that. I happen to love warm chocolate cookies...I warm them in the microwave until the chocolate is a little runny. Yum!
My oldest son, Chris, has always had drama surrounding him. I love him to death but he’s draining. I have lots going on usually but when he finds himself in the middle of drama...which is often...he pulls me in....I’ve been a nervous wreck and trying to keep myself calm. I’m one of those people that internalize and smile even when totally stressed out..so it doesn’t show. I learned that from having an Autistic son because reacting when David was misbehaving or having a meltdown would have backfired. Chris was showing up for dinner every evening and staying late....talking about his stressful problems...That’s my time to unwind and relax and gear up for the next day. 6 o’clock I usually put David’s movie in...which he loves..My mom goes to her room after dinner and I try to decompress....Chris started staying until eight because my husband has been on lots of business trips and he knew I was alone...I would be so whipped after his visit that I would go bed an hour later. :sleep: I’ve done lots of hinting and I think he got the message...His drama is still continuing though..sigh..My jewelry has been a lifesaver. I found myself staring into my cushion lately moving it back and forth to see the facets play..It was lIke therapy! :lol:
Have a great evening...:kiss2:

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean hugs and healing vibes across the miles

Sharon

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What a nice setting @Tekate ! The platinum lace looks so light it must be original; I remember only one ring like this around here; there were never many.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@AV_ I think you are staying where you are and are doing a lot of weeding your backyard? I know you love where you live..so I’m very happy for you.
I am just finishing the day with green tea and new almonds and honey & peace... Yes, I love this place! The garden is still wilder than I want, and there isn't much I can do until November (due to local rules re. fires and waste - I've nearly got fined learning them a cauda!), so it'll all wait. I intend to keep it as a meadow & fruit trees in the back, and encourage one already huge wild lemon, and a thigh-thick grapevine to take over the front - so I never have to do what I just have again! Good for the body - give or take, and still not half of the required. I got good with a scie though, so that ought to be a useful ,)

_

Good night NIRDI!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am just finishing the day with green tea and new almonds and honey & peace... Yes, I love this place! The garden is still wilder than I want, and there isn't much I can do until November (due to local rules re. fires and waste - I've nearly got fined learning them a cauda!), so it'll all wait. I intend to keep it as a meadow & fruit trees in the back, and encourage one already huge wild lemon, and a thigh-thick grapevine to take over the front - so I never have to do what I just have again! Good for the body - give or take, and still not half of the required. I got good with a scie though, so that ought to be a useful ,)

_

Good night NIRDI!
Your garden sounds like paradise @AV_ Enjoy!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean It is certainly worse than the land nearby. I'd still rather be walking the hills than my own garden ,) (tomorrow, I guess).
I am reading of your time being crowded up with trouble ,( I have plenty to tell - to the spines, when I cut them down!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, wow, that is a beautiful ring! Love cushion shaped stones. I hope you love it. I bet it will be fun wearing a solitaire again. Sending love and healing vibes to the kitties. XOX

@Tekate, I like the way your John thinks LOL... Any man who advocates for a bigger stone is A-ok in my book. It was rainy today but I don't think it had anything to do with Dorian...it might hit SC next week but we will be back in NJ by then. Wow, things have kicked into gear with selling the house and I'm sending good wishes that all goes well. Love that sweet pic of Autie, what a precious smile! :love: Glad you had a great time with your friend...I love her bling!

@AV_, sounds like you've had a busy week both physically and mentally. I hope you get a chance to rest in the next few days. You've made a lot of progress on the garden, I'm sure it looks great. It's wonderful that you are so happy living there.

@marcy, you really were on the go...it was nice of you to visit your friend, and I'm sure those cookies were still delicious, who cares about a few breaks! That is an amazing picture of storm clouds, wow.

@canuk-gal, yum to short ribs! I enjoy going to malls, even if I don't buy anything...it's fun to window shop and people-watch, and a good way to spend a rainy afternoon.

@Austina, how exciting you're sprucing up your house! The utility room is going to look so fresh and updated. And I love the colors and accessories you've chosen for your bedroom, it's all going to look fantastic together.

@Mamabean, I'm sorry you've been having a rough time lately and hopefully your son is starting to realize you need some time to yourself to rest and recharge. I hope things improve for him too. Sending hugs and comfort your way, and I hope you have a lovely Sunday.

Keeping busy here...went out to lunch yesterday with my sister and the wife of one of dh's friends...two of his former co-workers live here full-time (crazy!) and I've gotten to know their wives. There is a small shopping area close by with a village green of sorts, and a band was playing there last night so I went with my sister and her dog to listen for a bit... lots of families, and dogs for Ziggy to play with. Dh and I have gotten lazy and have been going out to eat since our company left. Today was overcast and drizzly so dh and I went shopping and ran some errands.

Sending love to all the nirdis dealing with tough times, and wishing everyone a good day tomorrow!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Happy September 1st.

@junebug17 I am glad you are having a wonderful time and enjoying your family and friends and getting to make new friends too. And yes to enjoying going out to eat and shopping. Thanks for all your warm wishes. Sending you hugs and love.

@Austina beautiful new items. Love them. I think the colors look amazing together and everything will be freshened up looking good. Nice job.

@Tekate love the Autie pics and bling pics. All gorgeous but of course nothing compares to your most beautiful and precious treasure...your dear granddaughter. She is a gem among gems and the crown jewel of jewels. So happy you enjoyed a wonderful time with Joyce and doing all the fun things I enjoy as well. Art, friends and bling. Sweet. Thanks always for all your encouraging words and hugs and love. Sending you big hugs and love too.

@Mamabean aww I am sorry about the Chris drama and no you don't need that. You are such an amazing mom and daughter and wife. They are lucky to have you. Glad that things are calming down and yes bling has a way of bringing us some joy in the midst of challenging experiences. Elaine only came twice and I see we can no longer rely on her. Our situation is getting worse imo drastically worse. I will explain below. I will also keep you posted re my new ring. It was a true impulse purchase. Sending you hugs and love and hope all remains calm by you.

@AV_ your garden is a true paradise. You deserve a beautiful respite away from everything. It is indeed a wonderful place to live. You had a busy week and hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend. XOXO.

@canuk-gal I am sorry you no longer play golf because of an injury but glad you are healed. Thanks for the ring compliments. It puts some good in the word ring again but I don't think I will ever look at the word ring the same lol after this Ringworm gate experience. I am all for November food in the summer when the weather is cool. Sorry your weather isn't great but glad you are making the best of it and you could never talk about weather too much. I love talking about the weather but I am a weather Nerd or should I say weather NIRDI. :sun: (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 love all your beautiful photos and while I am not on IG much I try to check out your posts when I am. Sending you hugs and love and hope you are feeling well. XOXO.

Yesterday started out OK. But on the bike we got an uspetting call. Our vet office had to reschedule the lime dip this coming Tuesday because they are short handed. So we had to turn around and go back and shampoo the cats but it isn't as good as lime dipping them. We cannot lime dip them at home. I called every groomer but no one will do it. So second best thing is shampooing them we guess. We gave up going to the annual summer party our good friends throw at the shore yesterday because we had no choice. I know they are very disappointed but there isn't enough time in the day and the way I am feeling isn't suitable for being around people if you kwim because I cannot stay composed and the tears just start flowing. Anyway I digress. We shampooed everyone ourselves yesterday because we got that call from the vet office cancelling the Tuesday lime dip next week. Rescheduled us for Thursday but that is terrible because they should be dipped twice a week and they are only getting it every 7 days and now 9 days this next dip.

The vet office is short handed for lime dips in general because they need 2 staff to dip the cats so that is why they won't do more than once a week but they use a different reason for not dipping them twice. They say it should only be once but everything I read says twice is best. And lime dipping them at home would be extremely challenging so we shampooed them yesterday instead. Took us 2 and a half hours. And scary because they are shedding worse than ever. I am not exaggerating.

The hair is coming off in extreme amounts-it's an avalanche of hair. Looks like a crime scene here. I vacuumed twice after we shampooed them but it doesn't help. Hair is flying everywhere. I talked to my sister but she thinks I shouldn't panic. That the damaged hair is just breaking off finally but my gut says something is wrong. Oliver didn't shed like this. Tommy is shedding the worst and I am surprised he has any hair left. Bobby and Fred are also shedding copious amounts. 6 weeks. I am beside myself with worry.

And I have a reaction now. Behind my knees (both knees) is a red itchy rash. Greg says it isn't ringworm but it is driving me to distraction. And I also have a PPPD reaction on my left leg that didn't show up til right before bed. Usually I get those after hot cycling but nope. Yesterday was cool and we didn't cycle that far since we got the vet call canceling Tuesday lime dip and we turned around deciding we had to shampoo the cats that afternoon. Anyway I am an itchy uncomfortable mess and I have no trusted derm I can see anytime soon. Sorry to be crying and venting here all the time. Right now the situation feels like it is going from bad to worse. And I am scared. If my itchy red reaction keeps accelerating I don't know what to do. The cats need us.

Thanks for listening. We did get ice cream before we got the phone call yesterday as they called when the office closed at Noon so we had just left Days and got the call so turned around to head home. We were planning on a longer ride yesterday and then heading to the party but oh well. A small price to pay for our kitties but if only they would start improving. I am not exaggerating when I say the hair loss is copious. It is like an avalanche of hair constantly and I don't know how they aren't all bald at this time. Truly.:cry2:

Ice Cream
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.22.02 AM.png

I will share some pics of our shampoo sessions from yesterday in another post. I need more coffee.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL and OMG looking through the photos I took yesterday I want to alternately cry and laugh but more cry than anything.

Tommy went first as he is the hardest to do anything with though he wasn't bad with his bath but maybe because he is used to it by now. This was his third bath. Though he sure puts up a huge fight still with the ITrafungol and today was his 6th week starting of that and he gave us a really hard time today giving the oral med to him. Took us some time to catch him. Poor baby.

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.25.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.25.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.20 AM.png

Bobby
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.57 AM.png

Fred

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.27.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.27.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.14 AM.png
This photo makes me cry. Look at his face. He is scared. This is heartbreaking on all levels. I don't know what to do. Do we give him peace and give up on him? He deserves a good quality life but if this is short term we don't want to give up on him. But yes we are torturing him and if it is for nothing I will never forgive myself. My poor sweet Fred.

Uh oh reached photo limit in this post. Will add Oliver photos next post. Cannot leave him out. Patient Zero. Sigh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oliver. Who is a real fighter let me tell you. He gave us the hardest time yesterday bathing him. And his nails are super sharp. He cut me and that is no bueno because ringworm loves cuts on the skin to just get in there and take hold. Like we need more issues right? Greg cut Oliver's nails after the bath but OMG they grow so fast. We just cut them a few days ago...

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.54 AM.png

Ok girls that is enough from me. Have a wonderful Sunday and sending you all hugs. For those of you who are hanging in there with me I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Thank you. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy It’s heartbreaking that you’re having to deal with all this. FWIW if you can, keep going, don’t give up on Fred yet, I know it’s hard, but I feel you will find it difficult to cope if you do and then the others start improving. I think you will truly know if he can’t take anymore. If you get to that point, then you will know you’ve done everything possible, and will be at peace with your decision XXX.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy It’s heartbreaking that you’re having to deal with all this. FWIW if you can, keep going, don’t give up on Fred yet, I know it’s hard, but I feel you will find it difficult to cope if you do and then the others start improving. I think you will truly know if he can’t take anymore. If you get to that point, then you will know you’ve done everything possible, and will be at peace with your decision XXX.

Dear Austina, thank you. I am in a very dark place. I am feeling none of the cats are going to make it through. And now with my weird behind knee reaction that is unlike anything I ever had before (according to Greg as he is the only one to really be able to see behind my knees...all I see is a raised red large itchy rash behind both knees...lots of raised red bumps) it's just another thing. I am super uncomfortable and itchy and the cats just keep getting worse.

If only it were *just* Fred that would be bad enough but all the cats with the exception of Oliver are just getting worse. I am so sorry to be the biggest downer all the time. I wish I could just suck it up like @Mamabean instead of wearing my heart on my sleeve. I appreciate you guys not giving up on me even when I have given up on me...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Believe me when I say I wouldn’t be able to “suck it up” like you and Greg if I had what you are going through right now. I honestly wouldn’t be able to cope with that. They look so pathetic and it hurts my heart to see...I just told a friend of mine yesterday that I think you both are heroes for hanging in there. I wouldn’t be able to cope with it all. It’s much healthier to vent and let it out. I have to keep myself in check for David because he’s Autistic and I have to show him by example that I use my words and can express myself while being calm. Trust me when I say I’m a jelly mess inside....which isn’t very healthy...Many hugs back to you...xxxooo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results