shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug, Sending hugs and dust to both you and Zoe. I hope you are hanging in there and know we are here if you want to talk. What you are going thru is heartbreaking June.

@missy, I’m so glad you have had a few good days to cycle. Enjoy your time at the beach with Greg. A few days of having fun is good for the soul.

@Tekate, You most be thrilled getting to spend time with the kids and Autie.
How long will Chris be able to stay in Austin? I hope you are having a wonderful time with Autumn. It’s sounds like she is an easy baby so far. Have you found any homes you would seriously consider?

@Austina , The photo of your hair looks lovely. Is everyone talking about the royal baby?

@Sandeek, No IV antibiotics and you get to take a hot shower again, what great news! It will be so nice when you can put this whole chapter behind you and just enjoy your life again. You have been so strong thru all this. The dress you are going to wear to the wedding is beautiful.

@marcy, How are you enjoying the new earring and necklace?

@Mamabean , How exciting there is new pair of earrings in your future. I can’t wait to see them. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one whose mom makes comments LOL The pictures of your home are beautiful! Have you always loved decorating? it was my favorite thing to do until about 5 years ago. Now I kind of dread it. My niece is decorating her first home and had asked how we did this before Pinterest?

@Canuk-girl, When will your weather finally get warmer? This winter seemed like the winter that would never end.

@av and @Keeliamira, I hope you are both doing well.

Nothing new or exciting going on here. Just getting the yard ready for summer and hitting the garden stores.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Adam didn’t want me to repaint the whole wall, it drives me bonkers, but doesn’t seem to bother him @Mamabean. Maybe one of these days, we’ll tackle it, but I think he’ll need to get some ladders to reach the high part.

0171472F-4BBA-4ABB-8556-AC9BB2E02AE2.jpeg

I’m so glad you had a lovely day @missy, you’re certainly making the most of it and covering the miles. I hope you’re feeling ok after all that exercise. We’re expecting similar weather here, been lovely if a bit cool, but we’re due some wet, miserable days later in the week. I think it’s a good idea to give yourself a break from thinking about all the issues you’re dealing with.

Exciting times @Tekate, I’ll be interested to hear if you see anything worthwhile in the hill country. I hope you had a lovely day with your whole family altogether.

Yikes @marcy your weather sounds horrendous, do you think you will ever move from there? That’s a quick trip for Marty, less time to miss him :lol:

Hi @canuk-gal you must be made of stern stuff dealing with that weather :lol: We’re complaining because it’s not as warm as Easter!

Not much going on here, went to Pilates then a quick trip to Costco this afternoon, and got out relatively unscathed :cool2:

Sending love & hugs to you all :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy It was so strange this morning..I was having a very crazy morning with everything going wrong...I don’t know what made me turn on my iPad....but there was your video of the ocean waves with the sound of the water. I played that video well over a dozen times! I could actually feel my blood pressure go down..Thank you...:kiss2:

@Sandeek..David still didn’t answer my email....:(2 I have all these projects I just want to send to him so I don’t have to obsess about them....I like to check things off my list..:roll2: It was nice chatting with you yesterday..

@Calliecake Thank you for the compliments on my house...My tastes have changed but I can’t change out the furniture, and drapes because we will be moving closer to my middle son in Virginia if my husband ever retires...In the meantime I fiddle and move things around to make it a little fresh. I do enjoy doing it...I would love to get new couches and curtains..They’re dated but in really good condition..so it’s silly to replace everything now when we’ll be moving. I won’t know what furniture will fit in the house we eventually buy.
My mom does drive me crazy...I think I would feel better about it if she didn’t live with me. She has a mean streak and drove a wedge between Chris and me by making up lies. I had to go out of my comfort zone and tell her that I will not tolerate it again. We are so different..My mom told me that I kept asking for my birth certificate when I was a little child because I thought I got sent to the wrong family....:lol:

@Austina The entry in Adam’s house is gorgeous! Don’t get on a ladder and try to paint that! That’s so high! :eek2:
Thank you for saying my dining room color is calming. That’s my goal. I need calm...:P2
I also went to Costco today. Bailey takes two Prilosec tabs every morning..so I run out in a week with the little boxes you get at the store. I buy the economy pack at Costco and I’m good for a while..
Of course I bought a rotisserie chicken. I love them. I make fajitas with the white meat for a quick meal. I did wander over to the jewelry..I saw a pair of diamond hoops that looked really nice..but too large...and they were only $300! They were very sparkly...My little diamond huggies that David is making me are costing me more than I though..I realized later that it was like two diamond bands..one on each ear...so I guess it makes sense. I hope I love them. I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to do any more custom work. I want to see what I’m buying before I buy it..

@Tekate I love the pic of you and John with Autumn..You both look so happy..Have you decided what Autumn will call you and John? I’m Nonna and my husband is Pop Pop. Scott and Allie picked our names.

@junebug17 I’m thinking about you....Hugs

@marcy I never realized Colorado had such severe weather..I knew it was cold there..but not to the degree you’ve been describing..
Have you been wearing your new earrings every day? I would be wearing them with my pjs on too!

@av I’m going to be a mamabean here now..so you can choose to ignore me...but I HAVE to say..please put sunscreen on..Tanning does damage as well as having a sunburn. I had borderline stage 3 melanoma in 1990. I dodged that bullet...:kiss2:

@Keeliamira How is your son doing? I’m hoping he’s doing better. How is DD2? I hope she doesn’t still have the pain...Her appointment is this Thursday?

Now for some whining...We can’t get Amazon Prime or Netflix because our internet and connections stink at this house. My husband got a bee in his bonnet and decided we needed to get a new modem. He called the guy that did our sound system..They couldn’t get it to connect. My husband had to go back out and get a new one because the first one turned out to be defective. It still wouldn’t work..My husband left me to handle the rest...with all the other stuff I have going on. Comcast guy comes yesterday...He spent a long time trying to fix the connections and install yet another modem. He declares it fixed..I have a headache. I offered him a tip but he declined. He wanted the equivalent of a pinky swear where you link pinkies...I’m thinking this is weird..I’ll just link pinkies with him and he’ll leave. After all that I get up this morning...no WiFi at all...Dead...I’m using up all my data because I don’t have WiFi ....It’s so frustrating..I spent an hour on the phone with Comcast while they tried to ping and send signals to the modem...Nothing worked. So I have another appointment for Thursday to have comcast come back again. I hope it’s not the pinky swear guy..

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Good riddance bullet!

What I call 'working on a tan' are short morning stints out of the shaddow, usually several days apart. Skin gets the message - turning a shadeor two darker just from this (winter foundation makes a nice highlighter in summer & the other way around). I am no good at keeping up with any regular treatment (which has certainly resulted in all sorts of stories...), so it is useful to call on this animal defense too. I have not & will not be baking in the sun.

long day over

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Good riddance bullet!

What I call 'working on a tan' are short morning stints out of the shaddow, usually several days apart. Skin gets the message - turning a shadeor two darker just from this (winter foundation makes a nice highlighter in summer & the other way around). I am no good at keeping up with any regular treatment (which has certainly resulted in all sorts of stories...), so it is useful to call on this animal defense too. I have not & will not be baking in the sun.

long day over
That makes me happy @av =)2

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I bet you get stranded in traffic frequently. When we were car shopping in July one time I kept pounding down bottles of cold water at each dealer and then we got stuck behind an accident in Denver. Marty had to exit the highway at the very next exit once we got going again. That was a BAD idea. We had rain and fog today with snow predicted again tomorrow. I am glad you are having better weather than we are having here. Gorgeous ocean shot and I am glad you had a nice long ride yesterday. I think it’s a great idea to take a week off trying to make appointments. Enjoy your peace and quiet at the beach.

Kate, sorry the pollen bothers you. I am not looking forward to everything starting to bud out and bloom here - that will be anytime now. How exciting to get starting on selling your house. Your Mother Day outing sounds perfect especially with sweet and cute Autie venturing out in to the world. Enjoy!

AV, have fun working on your tan.

Callie, I am enjoying my new earrings and pendant. Although I did dig out my EC studs and heart pendant today. I wanted to wear the heart charm bracelet today so dug out some YG jewelry. Pinterest definitely gives all of us ideas - sometimes too many ideas. How exciting to be started on your garden soon.

Austina, love your stairway. I am with Colin - I wouldn’t want to paint that wall either. Marty makes me really nervous when he has to hung our pictures in our stairwell. He uses a tall ladder that takes up most of the stairs; he makes a platform to fit across several stairs to put the ladder on and then hops over the banister to get on the ladder and reaches around the ladder hanging on with one hand to do what he needs to do. I don’t like to watch. I wouldn’t be surprised if we move at some point. Marty might do better with a gym in a larger place, he’d love to be somewhere he can play golf year round and now that my folks are gone nothing keeps me here. I’ve lived her my entire life but I don’t plan on working if we move so I could be a hermit anywhere. Good job not doing much damage to your wallet at Costco.

Mamabean, glad Missy’s video made your day. I’ll have to go watch it; it sounds awesome. I hope you love your earrings. Custom jewelry definitely isn’t cheap. I am anxious to see them. Colorado and Wyoming have a lot of severe weather; we live in Wyoming. Mother nature is frequently showing us who is in charge. I have been wearing my earrings every day but swapped them out today. I am sure they’ll be back on my ear before the week is out. How frustrating to have wifi problems. I hate dealing with problems like that; they treat you like an idiot which it often turns out to be true because when they ask me to reset this, pull this cord, etc. I have no idea what they are talking about. That pinky swear is strange.

It’s foggy and rainy right now. I might crank on the fireplace tonight. Marty is at the gym. He seemed quiet and tired when I got home so I was quiet myself. I was cleaning up his dishes and insta pot when he came up behind me and scared the crud out of me because I kind of moved back and almost fell over him. I kind of yelled at him about it and then he said fine I’m leaving. I felt bad because I think I hurt his feelings but he scared me. Sigh.

I watched the first segment about Catherine of Aragon today on Starz. It’s called the Spanish Princess. It was really good. I spent my lunch reading up on her; I have always liked history.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

@junebug17 sending more hugs and love and good thoughts and much good luck dust your and sweet Zoe's way. {{{Hugs}}}/

@Mamabean aww thank you and the fact that it cheered you up makes me very happy! I have many more ocean videos as no matter how often I hear and see the waves crashing and smell the salty air I am still enamored of the sea.

Ugh about your internet. I am sorry you have trouble connecting and when we go through challenging internet connection times I get very frustrated. I hate not being able to get onto PS or watch Netflix or Amazon. There was a stretch of time in Brooklyn we had lots of issues with the internet and I almost went out and bought a new iPad...one that connected to 3G so I wouldn't have to deal with the internet as I hate being on the internet on my phone for longer periods of time. I hope the cable guy figures it out this week for you and I also hope it isn't weird pinky guy. That would sort of freak me out lol. Tell your DH you want him home that day if you can.

Hope David is taking care of your earrings and got back to you by now. Sometimes email isn't as fast as calling but I am sure he has seen it and is doing what is necessary so you are wearing your beautiful bling soon.

@AV_you and me both. I never try to tan and the last time I got any unprotected sun I was 15 and fell asleep by the pool in our backyard and had a date that evening to see Billy Joel in concert. When my boyfriend at the time came to pick me up for the concert I could only wear a sundress as I was burnt to a crisp and anything touching my skin hurt. LOL the folly of youth. Those days I could sleep anywhere anytime so falling asleep by the pool for a few hours was not surprising. Though it was the last time I did that.::) We had fun at the concert nonetheless. I was a huge Billy Joel fan.

@Austina any day you get to visit Costco and enjoy Pilates is a fruitful day. Hope the rest of your week goes well. We are still enjoying cycling weather and had a lovely long ride yesterday as well. And then a nice long bath afterwards. This is the life and when I am cycling everything seems good and I feel free.

@Tekate I hope your headache is completely gone. And I hope Chris made it to you safely and you are al enjoying a wonderful reunion with lots of love and hugs and celebration. I am sure you are going to be very busy now so please have a great time with your family and looking forward to seeing your IG photos.:kiss2: (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek hello sweet lady. Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday and are feeling good and feeling well. Sending you hugs and love and continued healing vibes. XO.

@Keeliamira I hope you and your DH are receiving good news on the job front and I hope DD is feeling much better. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs))).

@marcy oh no to that time you drank so much water and then were stuck in traffic. My bladder is hurting thinking about that. We have all been there and it isn't pleasant. I am glad you are enjoying that film on Starz. We just finished "The Widow" on Amazon Prime. Loved it. It's a miniseries mystery and it was captivating. I recommend it if you are looking for something to watch after you finish what you are watching. We don't get Starz anymore I don't think so I will look for "The Spanish Princess" when it comes to one of our cable channels. Thanks for the rec.

@Calliecake thanks so much. As you know we had another lovely day here. Good luck getting your car. I am sure you will be pleased with your choice. You cannot go wrong. Hope J is enjoying golf and soon you will be enjoying your new transportation. Did you see any pretty plants yesterday that you will be buying soon?

We had a wonderful cycling day yesterday. The ocean was as beautiful as ever and the cycling so much fun. It is cathartic and looking forward to another (probably last day for a while) good cycling adventure. We head back to Brooklyn later this week as we are celebrating Mother's Day Saturday with my mom and sister at my sister's house. I hope everyone has a good day and sending you (((hugs))).

Leaving you with a view from Allenhurst beach. One of my favorite stops along our route. Sort of off the beaten path and a sweet spot for surfers to catch some waves.
Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 6.42.20 AM.png

and one more photo in Spring Lake yesterday. The sun kept coming out and going in and I love the way the sea is gray when the sun was hiding behind the clouds. Can you find the soaring bird flying above so free and graceful? So beautiful.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 6.45.12 AM.png

Have a wonderful Wednesday girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some technical info and please skip if you aren't interested. I am not insulted if you don't feel like reading this. At all.

I forgot to add that my endocrinologist called me yesterday morning and he won't increase my T3 (generic Cytomel) meds. He feels it will be too much for my heart and could cause potentially fatal arrhythmias. That might be outdated thinking (according to the books and websites I am following) but I knew that he wasn't/isn't comfortable prescribing T3 when I started seeing him and the fact I got him to prescribe any T3 is an accomplishment. Though an accomplishment that falls short if I am still deficient in T3. But for now I am going to hold steady re my dose and in 7 weeks be retested.

Another thing he said was he does not want me to at this time undergo the bone scan test. He is worried about the radiation as it is not a small amount with this test. He feels there is a chance that my high bone turnover rate/activity could be related to the thyroid meds. As in my not absorbing them and they are instead pooling in the blood and not getting into my cells as we want them too. Thereby keeping my thyroid hormone very low keeping me very hypothyroid in reality but showing high thyroid bone activity. Which would not be good as then I cannot take the meds at all and obviously I need the meds but would not be as bad as the other potential issue that could cause high bone activity. So I am actually hoping it is that and not another issue causing the high bone turnover rate.

So he wants me to wait until I see him again and he retests. Of course I have been tested for the high alkaline phosphatase now for 12 months and I keep getting higher so maybe I am waiting too long. But I will go with my endocrinologist's recommendation because honestly I am not too keen on doing the bone scan with Technetium and exposing myself to excess radiation. If I have no choice sure OK but for now I am taking my physician's advice and waiting. I have a feeling my internist would not be good with this as he was the one who was recommending the bone scan with Technetium and he is pretty conservative not usually recommending unnecessary tests. He usually takes a wait and see attitude but I guess because it has been 12 months of abnormal Alk Phosphatase and high bone activity upon the bone specific testing he wants me to get the scan. But hoping the endocrinologist is right and I don't need to get that test.

And still nothing from NYU anyway about any of these tests my internist wants me to schedule. I was supposed to hear from them last Friday about the CAT scans and Bone scan but it's now the following Wednesday and radio silence. Which is fine with me right now.

OK that's it. Back to regularly scheduled programming. And off cycling soon. Enjoy a lovely Wednesday girls!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@av It’s not Celadon..but very close..It’s leaning toward blue this morning...It’s not a true blue and not green..or aqua either..It has a gray undertone today. Here’s a pic from early morning. I had to order a creamy beige rug..The colorful one doesn’t match..The color is pretty so it’s okay..
1E1F89E1-C4EA-4D9A-A848-5DBED8653066.jpeg
1C3AF520-4A65-4353-B6B6-62658A8A2D30.jpeg
Mamabean-your dining room is stunning! Truly stunning. What paint brand and color did you use? I love that it changes color with different lights. I am going to paint our MB and need a good color to go with the art and oriental carpet. Thank you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean-your dining room is stunning! Truly stunning. What paint brand and color did you use? I love that it changes color with different lights. I am going to paint our MB and need a good color to go with the art and oriental carpet. Thank you.
Thank you @lambskin! It’s Benjamin Moore Pale Smoke in Matte finish..

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@junebug17 I am so so sorry about your dear Zoe :cry2: how are you holding up?

Ach @missy what a lot of medical stress and unresolved issues! I so hope you get some answers soon so you can stop worrying! Thank goodness for Greg and your glorious bike rides! (((((Big Hugs)))))

@Mamabean i do love the paint color you ended up with. It is so serene. I’m addicted to rotisserie chickens, btw and live to make chicken salad with them (with grapes!). Oh no about your internet! I hope it gets resolved soon. I sent you and IG request!

@Calliecake hitting the garden stores sounds divine! I absolutely love the way they smell...loamy and fertile and floral... I can’t wait to see what you do with the gardening!

@Austina i love that staircase! I’m with you, only partially painting would drive me nuts! But I definitely would make it sure it was someone else on the ladder, lol!

@marcy I can’t believe the weather you’ve had! I hope you “weathered” it well :P2 and Marty is home safe and sound!

@Tekate I hope you’ve enjoyed your time with your family and the baby and your headache is well and truly vanquished! I sent you an IG request!

@AV_ @Sandeek @canuk-gal @Scandinavian and all other NIRDIs love and positivity to you all

Thank you all for the hugs, thoughts, love, etc. I’m Frabjousjewels on IG and my account is public. I’m currently sitting at the breast specialist office as my general dr sent me for a second opinion after my mammo. My weekend was no fun. Dh was out of town and I developed a kidney infection faster than I even thought possible. I was to my dr within 2 hours of UTI symptoms. I ended up in bed all weekend (had a reaction to the first set of meds) and stayed home Monday. I am feeling better today but am super tired.
Dd2’s dr appointment is tomorrow and I sincerely hope we get to the bottom of what’s going on with her. Have a great day NIRDIs!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira What is your name on IG? If I don’t recognize the name I don’t accept it! I have a bunch on there now..I’m hoping people I know pop on and tell me who they are! :kiss2:
Edited..I see you said it above!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Yes @Calliecake, there’s been lots of talk about Baby Sussex! I heard from someone who works at our local hospital that they were on high alert at the weekend. Apparently, and I don’t know how true this is, Meghan wanted a home birth, but as an elderly primigravida, the hospital was on standby in case of an emergency. They were told that they would have to close admitting if she was coming in, and expectant mothers would have to go elsewhere. You can imagine how well that went down at the hospital. My feeling is that she was told in no uncertain terms that as she was carrying a member of the royal family, no way was she putting it at risk by having a home birth or going to a local hospital with no NICU. Fortunately it’s all turned out well, and she and the baby are ok. I can’t say I’m a fan of the name they’ve chosen, rather old fashioned and more befitting of an elderly man than a baby, added to which, one of my friends has a Spinone called Archie :lol:

I hope your appointment went went this morning @Keeliamira, you’ve certainly had your share of medical appointments too. I hope you’re feeling better from the UTI, you didn’t need that on top of everything else this weekend. Everything crossed they find out what’s wrong with DD tomorrow so you can finally get it all sorted.

I’ve done my fair share of dangling from high ladders in my own home, so Adam can learn how to do it in his, I’m happy to be ballast at the bottom :lol:

Our Costco has lovely jewellery too @Mamabean, I did look when we went yesterday, I always do, but Bella seems to have cured me of my desire for more - at least temporarily :D Those hoops sound like a mega bargain.

Ugh to Internet problems, we’ve become so reliant on it, we forget what life was like before we had it. I hope you can get it all sorted without too much more hassle.

I don’t sit in the sun @AV_ but it’s nice to be outside in the warmth and sunshine, I use fake tan to brown my milk white legs in the summer. I always cover my face as I just get covered in freckles if I’m out in the sun, not a good look on a mature woman :mrgreen2:

The programme about Catherine of Aragon sounds really interesting @marcy, there’s a historian here called Lucy Worsley who’s made some really good series, including one about Henry VIII wives, I can thoroughly recommend it. It’s cleverly done, and she puts herself in to the scene so you get a birds eye view.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Six-Wives-with-Lucy-Worsley/dp/B01MS718I9

That sounds like a good plan to wait on the scan @missy, no point exposing yourself to radiation, let alone risking a severe reaction to the dye. Hopefully the best plan of action is to do nothing at all for the time being and wait and see what the next test results show. I’m glad you’re taking it all in your stride and not letting it stress you too much, getting out in the fresh air, enjoying the beautiful scenery, and being with your love, is good medicine.

Colin had to go to get his ears vacuumed today, he’s got small ears for a man, and therefore small ear canals, which get waxed up regularly. It’s been pouring down here today, and it looks like this’ll be the pattern for the next couple of days :(2

Sending love & hugs to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira oh no to your kidney infection and I hope you are feeling much better today. And hope your second opinion went well today.:pray:
Good luck tomorrow with DD2. And thank you for your ((((hugs)))) and sending big ((((hugs)))) your way too.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina May is still kind, then I'll be keeping myself in the shade for ever longer till October. This is not a place to be fair ,)

I hear that one of the old city tower gates is open this month as a reading room. I have seen it used for a chamber concert & it is a dream of a place. Just as well that my to do list is a full reel these days! TBA.

@Keeliamira I hope your flair infection goes away as fast as any... The timing of it all!

NIRDI, see you tomorrow...

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy...I had melanoma in 1990..It was a borderline level 3. The experts at MD Anderson did my surgery...I got a deep scoop on my lower leg...They got it all even though it had gone down many layers of skin..It didn’t reach my lymph nodes so although it was deep it was a miracle my lymph nodes were spared...and of course me..I guess that’s why they called it a borderline level 3. I had to wait years before I was comfortable enough to think I was out of the woods. They couldn’t tell if they got it all..It was a watch and wait...Flash forward fifteen years later. I was having trouble with pain in my neck..My doctor ordered a CT scan. They found a very dark area near my C-6 in my neck. The radiologist saw the Melanoma history on my chart and gave the diagnosis as an ultra late recurrence of the Melanoma. I was subjected to more CT scans..along with a Pet and Bone Scan. I remember being so scared...The interventional radiologist had to drill a hole in the front of my neck when I was awake for a core biopsy on an X-ray table. I couldn’t swallow when he was drilling that hole. It was a nightmare. We had to wait almost two weeks for the results. I was found to have degenerative disk disease. I got radiated for nothing..I was so happy I didn’t have cancer...but the amount of radiation I received was unbelievable. I told my husband I wouldn’t need a nightlight for a long time. My internist didn’t want to come out and say directly that he was against me having all those tests..but he let me know by telling me to never put on a form that I had melanoma..He said radiologists are so afraid of getting sued that they send patients for unnecessary scans. I guess my point in telling you all this is I think you’re wise to think it through..Get second opinions on everything.....I recently was referred for a CT scan...I insisted on an ultrasound first and then an MRI instead of the CT given my history of radiation. It’s not as accurate in seeing everything though..but I wasn’t going there again..

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I trust that you have a good tyroid doc & a bad tyroid! The long story adds up as you are telling it. I only just know how hairy the problem is & that it makes sense to expect allot from the body too...

I just might be doing that too much & have barely seen the limit! (03:52)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I totally get being enamored with the sea. It is so peaceful. Ouch to such a bad sunburn. I did that once - I washed my car, my sister’s car and my parents cars while wearing a sundress. I got absolutely fried. I was able to stand silk shirts but that was about it. What is the series “The Widow” about? We do have Amazon Prime (mostly for free shipping). Beautiful pictures of the ocean; both of them look like a postcard. I think your endocrinologist has some good points and thoughts there about what could be causing your high bone rate turnover. When do you see him next?

Keeliamira, rotisserie chicken sounds awesome. Sadly, it is snowing right now. Marty sent me a text from the airport in Phoenix letting me know it was 77 degrees in the shade. I called him a name. It was 25 here, really windy and snowing. You did not have a fun weekend. I am glad you are feeing better today. Good luck with your tests and DD2’s appointment tomorrow.

Austina, mom and dad seem very happy and proud of their new royal baby. They were cute on the video I saw. Very cool. Thank you, I will look for that series on Henry VIII wives. I hope Colin is feeing okay after his procedure. Stay warm and dry from all that rain.

AV, you should definitely try to visit one of the old city tower gates - an take pictures for us.

As I mentioned above we are getting snow again. I met a friend for lunch so wasn’t too hungry for supper and decided to make popcorn. That was not the best idea because I managed to hit myself in the face with the pointy edge of the microwave door. I have a cut on the bridge of my nose. Now I’ve whacked my head in 3 spots, WTH? I sent Marty a picture and told him lucky for him he was out of town right now or people would suspect him and be giving him a dirty look. My story is you should see the other guy.

I lifted tonight before making popcorn.

The cleaning lady that had a tendency to be late or never show up sent me a text today asking if we had any cleaning we wanted her to do. She was awesome at cleaning our house so I just responded seeing if she can come clean on a Saturday in a few weeks. I may go back to her but then I’ll have to come up with the nerve to let the current lady go. My floors look great with the current gal but she’s only okay with cleaning everything else. She misses things, doesn’t do extra things and I’ve had to do some spot cleaning after she comes most of the time. Maybe I could talk Marty in to telling her we won’t need her services any more. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself though the old / new gal may not show up in a few weeks.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I left the Puppy sleeping on Marty's couch pillow last night - see where i found him when I got up this morning? His poor little head was shoved down in the cushion.

upload_2019-5-8_20-30-50.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy...I had melanoma in 1990..It was a borderline level 3. The experts at MD Anderson did my surgery...I got a deep scoop on my lower leg...They got it all even though it had gone down many layers of skin..It didn’t reach my lymph nodes so although it was deep it was a miracle my lymph nodes were spared...and of course me..I guess that’s why they called it a borderline level 3. I had to wait years before I was comfortable enough to think I was out of the woods. They couldn’t tell if they got it all..It was a watch and wait...Flash forward fifteen years later. I was having trouble with pain in my neck..My doctor ordered a CT scan. They found a very dark area near my C-6 in my neck. The radiologist saw the Melanoma history on my chart and gave the diagnosis as an ultra late recurrence of the Melanoma. I was subjected to more CT scans..along with a Pet and Bone Scan. I remember being so scared...The interventional radiologist had to drill a hole in the front of my neck when I was awake for a core biopsy on an X-ray table. I couldn’t swallow when he was drilling that hole. It was a nightmare. We had to wait almost two weeks for the results. I was found to have degenerative disk disease. I got radiated for nothing..I was so happy I didn’t have cancer...but the amount of radiation I received was unbelievable. I told my husband I wouldn’t need a nightlight for a long time. My internist didn’t want to come out and say directly that he was against me having all those tests..but he let me know by telling me to never put on a form that I had melanoma..He said radiologists are so afraid of getting sued that they send patients for unnecessary scans. I guess my point in telling you all this is I think you’re wise to think it through..Get second opinions on everything.....I recently was referred for a CT scan...I insisted on an ultrasound first and then an MRI instead of the CT given my history of radiation. It’s not as accurate in seeing everything though..but I wasn’t going there again..

Ugh how awful Joanne, but how wonderful that you did not have a recurrence of your melanoma. Greg had melanoma surgery in 2011 and because of his history with sun exposure and melanoma and risk profile he is checked by a specialist every 3-4 months. Thank goodness all has been quiet since with just a few scares.

I am so sorry that you were subjected to all that radiation and it really is a travesty how medical care operates with the CYA model. But I am very thankful you are OK and it wasn't g-d forbid a recurrence of your cancer.

Of course I don't know what is going on with me and it could be nothing to worry about but it could be something significant. That is the problem with this kind of thing. One just doesn't know til further testing is done. We know *something* is not right as my abnormal Alk Phosphatase results have been repeatable for the past 12 months (measured every 2 months or so).

The swollen right kidney is perhaps an entirely different problem and was found incidentally while doing the abdominal US due to my abnormal blood results. So we just do not know. As of now I am not getting the bone scan til I see my endocrinologist again in about 7 weeks and repeat the blood tests again though my guess is nothing will be different with those results.

As for the CAT scan (because of the hydronephrosis diagnosis) I have an appointment tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday at NYU radiology but am seeing Greg's allergist this coming Tuesday first to see if she thinks I can tolerate the contrast dye.

Do I want to do nothing and hope it all goes away? Heck yeah I do. Is that my best move? I truly do not know the best thing for me to do at this time. But as of now I am holding off on the bone scan with Technetium and might proceed with the CAT scan but not sure about the contrast dye.

Thank you sweetie for sharing your story with me and I am relieved and thankful you are A OK. That is a scary diagnosis and having gone through it with Greg I breathe a huge sigh of relief each time he is checked and it is all OK. Sending you hugs and continued good health vibes. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@marcy yes the sea is beautiful and awe inspiring and energizing and restorative. All that good stuff. The Widow is a mystery about a woman's search for her missing husband in the Congo. It is very entertaining and I think you would enjoy it. Right now we are watching Tin Star on Amazon Prime and so far so good. We also have Amazon Prime for the shipping lol but their programming is excellent at times. Sometimes better than Netflix. Hope Marty arrives home safely today from his business trip and that it went well. Hope work is going well for you. Sorry about the ups and downs with your cleaning people. I don't love having people come to clean as I find it an intrusion and a hassle but Greg likes a clean house. He can be so unreasonable at times. :cheeky:
Aww hug sweet Puppy for me. Poor dear got his face smushed in...now I wonder who did that...:whistle::lol:

@AV_ how was your evening? I hope you had a good nights sleep. I feel like I am at my limit but I know I will take it where I need to as I do not give up (easily) and have a zest for life and living and am not ready to throw in the towel just yet...how is your work going? Any thesis eval updates? Hoping all is going according to your plan and that you are doing and feeling well dear AV. (((Hugs))).

@Austina glad Colin's ear vacuuming went well. I never had that before but I bet it feels a bit ticklish. I enjoy the warmth of the sun too. Sadly the warmth is gone today and it is brisk and chilly and quite windy here. No complaints as we have had a wonderful cycling week and will venture out today as well on the bikes but it won't be as long a ride. It is too windy and too cold. But ride we will. Hope you have a wonderful warm day today. XO

@Sandeek sending you so many hugs and so much love. And wishing you much good luck in the upcoming days and weeks and that your C Diff is truly and forever gone. Bah bye to that C Diff forever.:knockout:

@Keeliamira good luck today with DD2's appointment. How are you feeling today? Any updates re DH's job offer? Thinking of you and sending (((hugs))).

@Mamabean I love the way you decorated your beautiful home. You have a lovely aesthetic. :kiss2:

We had a good day cycling yesterday and covered a lot of ground. Off in a while to continue though it is much colder and windier so it won't be as long a ride today. Then back tomorrow to reality. Oh well. I guess without the contrast of reality living the dream wouldn't be as sweet.

Leaving you with our sunrise this morning...just a little while ago.

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 6.27.00 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful day ladies and sending you all (((hugs))) and good thoughts.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have WiFi! We also have Amazon Prime! :P2 Any show suggestions? We are so excited! I’m also excited Pinky Swear Man didn’t come back! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have WiFi! We also have Amazon Prime! :P2 Any show suggestions? We are so excited! I’m also excited Pinky Swear Man didn’t come back! :appl:

YAY Congrats Joanne :appl:!!! I am on the bike (quick break just now). Will be back with recommendations.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am into a strange sport: weeding through lip service, some rather literal [Funny: 'lip service' translates naively into my mother tongue as 'doing justice' - a rare expression with only this meaning.] I can look away.

Then,
I do have the tower-library to inspect tomorrow moring.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am glad you find such joy and peace from the sea. I emailed myself a few of my Myrtle Beach photos so I could use them as my desktop photo at work. I’ll find some of my Pebble Beach ones too. Maybe they’ll make my day less stressful. I will have to check out the Widow, it sounds good. Thanks for the recommendation. And I wonder who would do that to my puppy? Gorgeous sunrise.

Mamabean, I don’t know what I’d be happier for - getting wifi back or no pink swear. Woo hoo for technology.

AV, funny translation for lip service. Have fun exploring tomorrow.

Kate, did you have flooding where you are?

Snow, snow everywhere but at least it should melt tomorrow. Marty will probably have icy roads coming back from Denver tonight.

Off to read my book. I am definitely cranking on the fireplace tonight.

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Mother's day weekend in advance. Sending all the moms and grandmas and aunts and great aunts here hugs and good wishes for a wnderful happy Mother's Day.

@junebug17 you and Zoe are on my mind. Sending you much love. Hope you spend the weekend with your family surrounded by love and comfort. Zoe knows how much she is loved and adored and you are giving her the best possible life. ((((HUGS)))).

@marcy a night of reading your book by a cozy fire sounds lovely. What book are you reading? Woohoo it's Friday! One more day for your work freedom. I bet you are excited. :sun: Hope Marty is home safely and all the snow and ice has melted. XO

@AV_ that is an interesting translation. What does a tower library inspection involve? Hope you enjoy. Any part of a day spent in a library is an engaging one. XO

@Sandeek hope all went well yesterday and that the kids behaved themselves. And yay for Friday. Or should I say Friyay. 8-)
Happy Mother's Day weekend dear Sandee.

@canuk-gal thinking of you and hoping you have a wonderful Mother's Day. XO
@Mamabean hope you are enjoying your Amazon Prime.
1144969br703fi17c.gif

Are you spending Mother's Day with your kids?
(((Hugs))).

Hello @Jimmianne glad to see you checking in (that means you have internet always a good thing) and hope all is well by you. XO

@Tekate aww sweet Autumn is so precious. And so happy Chris is with you and you are all together. Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day. XO

@Austina hope you have a good Friday and a lovely Mother's Day. XO

We had a wonderful bike ride yesterday and actually cycled further than I thought we would as it was very windy and cold yesterday. We cycled 46 miles in the wind and and went over the 500 mile mark for the 2019 year yesterday afternoon. Not bad for beginning of May and I hope that can continue. Any year we hit 3500-4k is an excellent riding season and we are on our way fingers crossed.
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

Hitting the 500 mile mark in the middle of the ride yesterday
500milesmay2019.png

and ending our trip on a total of 524 miles since we started riding this year.

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 6.18.38 AM.png

We had some good hills yesterday (one of them on a golf course and it is so beautiful cycling there...some big hills to get up but oh so sweet going down) and I took video...@mamabean if you want to feel the rush of going downhill I will try sharing. LOL it was all I could do to hold onto the phone/camera during some points of the downhill cycling. @marcy need for speed :bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 6.23.45 AM.png

Leaving the beautiful beach today and heading back to NYC for an early Mother's Day celebration tomorrow. Have a wonderful Friday/Friyay girls.
(((Hugs))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all...

I just want to thank everyone for their good wishes and kind words. Zoe is doing well except for occasional mouth pain after she eats. The vet ordered pain medication so hopefully it helps.

I'm kind of just roaming around PS for the distraction. I will catch up with everyone soon. Sending love to all! Xxx

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all...

I just want to thank everyone for their good wishes and kind words. Zoe is doing well except for occasional mouth pain after she eats. The vet ordered pain medication so hopefully it helps.

I'm kind of just roaming around PS for the distraction. I will catch up with everyone soon. Sending love to all! Xxx
@junebug17 I’m happy you let us know how you and Zoe are doing. She sounds like she has an appetite which is great. I hope the pain medication helps..❤️
PS is definitely a good distraction. That’s how I started coming here...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all...

Hugs sweet Junie. And I agree. PS is an amazbling distraction. We love you Junie. Sending lots of good thoughts and love to you and Zoe. (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results