carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 hope you had a good flight and yes wifi is awesome on the plane. I hope you have safely arrived at your destination and that things calm down and you can relax and enjoy a wonderful celebration. Congrats to the happy couple and hugs to you and your dh. Have fun at the wedding Junie and I hope you enjoy a great trip! I love San Francisco so much. Junie I hear you re the size of the diamond but yes your ring is impressive and looks so beautiful and I think you chose a stunning ring.:love:

@Tekate Yay for Autumn doing well and gaining over a lb!!! Woohoo wonderful news!!! And thank you sweetie. Yes your explanation makes such good sense and I know my mom doesn't mean to be so mean to me. You are right in that she is very concerned and feels I am too skinny yada yada yada. And yes she likes to try controlling her kids even all these decades after we are no longer young. As you write we are always our parents kids. You are not only Kate the Great but you are Kate the Wise too.:geek: :halo:

I am so sorry about your college roommate dying from Colon Cancer at a young age. Tragic. I lived at West Point for a number of years while I was there doing my externship and then Residency and moved back to NYC after I went to part time there as it is no place for a young woman in her twenties. Unless she wants the military life and to marry a military boy. But it was one of the best times of my life. The people there so warm and kind and nice. That's such a good description of all the West Point people when I lived there. Truly nice.

Where Kath's DD and SIL lives is too expensive for us...California might be a pipe dream but it's good to have dreams. And if I cannot be on the water there I don't think I want to live there. There is something just so relaxing and wonderful being by the sea. But time will tell. And right now I am happy to be near my family. I cannot be thousands of miles away. I hope Kath's DD and SIL love where they live and appreciate it.

Sounds like you have a lot to choose from in Austin...lots of good choices! That is a nice view and a nice garage too. What are your non negotiables? Mine are that our home must have lots of natural light and be airy and bright and it must have a good feel to it. I believe in that. When you walk into a home does it have good vibes or not good vibes. That is a deal breaker for me. My other non negotiables (lol) is that I need to be near a store like Costco/Whole Foods/Trader Joes/Fairway. Something similar within about 20/25 minutes or so. And of course I want to be (preferably) on the water. If we live in a warm climate I would like a pool too but not a deal breaker. I would love an indoor pool but lol that is not going to happen.:lol: And we need at least 3 bedrooms (and 3 and a half bathrooms-one bathroom for each bedroom and a half bathroom additional). 3 bedrooms-one for my workout room, one for our bedroom and one for guests. And Greg must have a garage or a workshop space to do his manly woodworking etc. Not too many requirements right? Very reasonable I think. Besides the Ocean part.

@Sandeek hope your Friday at work goes well and keeping good thoughts for you. I hope you get good news for next week and my fingers are crossed. (((Hugs))).

@Austina thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed better weather than was expected. We had another great (50 mile) ride yesterday despite the cooler temps. I am not vegan anymore. I cannot eat soy or beans etc so now I am Pescetarian and can only eat low mercury wild fish so I am limited in my mom's defense my diet is restricted and not that easy for everyone to prepare for. But I am her DD and I do eat wild salmon so really she knows exactly what I can eat. It's just she is having company over for my dad's birthday party and doesn't want to serve wild salmon. I get it. But it stings because it wouldn't be a big deal to just have that for me since I am under dietary restrictions through no fault of my own I might add. But OK fine. I am not going to feel differently about her attitude just because I am her daughter and she shouldn't feel funny doing something special for me due to my health issues. Does that make sense? Anyway enough about that I am sorry for going on and on but don't want to leave anyone's kind comments unanswered.

Glad you got your trousers hemmed @Austina and lol yes who do they make them for I wonder.:lol: My inseam is pretty long for my 5'6" height and still most of the pants I get are too long for me too unless I get petite. Then they are cropped unintentionally so :lol:...cannot win. It's good you can hem your pants to make them fit perfectly.

What a relief your friend Shirley is A OK. I have been thinking about her and hoping she is doing as well as possible.

@marcy thanks sweetie. Yeah we could bring a dish for me but I resent doing so since no one else has to do that and I am her DD yanno? No I would rather not eat at all. That would upset her too see I cannot win. She is making salad so I can eat salad (as long as she doesn't add things I cannot eat like beans, tomatoes, eggplant etc) but no protein for me. :knockout: It's OK. I am over it. Same old argument we have over and over and that is why I don't like visiting there. She will make me something like wild Salmon (and then have Greg grill it when we get there) but because Sunday there are a lot of people invited she doesn't want to serve wild Salmon. Too expensive and she is catering it anyway so that is not on the menu. Enough about that boring story lol. Sorry for going on about it.:oops2:

How is Marty's trip going? How is your week going? Woohoo today is Friday! Hope you have a nice weekend planned Marcy. And looking forward to seeing more of your bling pretty please.:halo:

Is there an astronomy meeting tonight?

@AV_ haha yes well unlike you I have the biggest appetite and can really put the food away. Ask Greg. He even told my internist this past Monday she eats and has a good appetite when he expressed concern over my still not back to normal weight. It's just eating AIP leaves me with so many less options re food. But I definitely eat and have a good appetite. I am glad you are happy with life and we should all be comfortable in our own skin if possible. And not let others judgment of us affect us. You are perfect the way you are and I truly mean that. I hope you are feeling well and have a good weekend planned. Enjoy this Friday.

@Keeliamira I hope you will feel much better after your hysterectomy in May and I hope everything goes very smoothly. And that like our dear Marcy experienced when she had hers that yours will have been for the best and you will feel much better for having it done. Hope life is calming down and that things are going smoothly and sending you and your family big (((hugs))). Have a good weekend.

@canuk-gal hi there! Hope you and your DH are doing well and that your sister is doing well too. Thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying a mild and calm Spring season. (((Hugs))).

We had another good ride yesterday. 50 miles. Not bad. It was colder but I was more bundled up and despite the cold I kept adding water to my legs so I was even colder lol but yes it kept Schamberg's disease at bay so woohoo to that. Today is a rainy cold windy miserable weather day and we are going to run errands. Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and of course Costco. I wish I had winter coat here because it feels that cold outside. I have the heat on inside. LOL AC/heat/AC/heat...wait a minute and our weather changes here.:cheeky:

During our ride yesterday we were exploring one of the neighborhoods right near us at the end of our ride and I just love all the Victorian homes here. Look at this beautiful home.

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 7.20.55 AM.png

Leaving you with our end of ride photo from yesterday. Have a great day girls! (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 7.20.41 AM.png

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@Austina yes laparoscopic is less traumatic so that is the route I’m going with the hysterectomy. This is actually my third opinion so I think it’s time. They need to go in and look around anyhow so I figured two birds with one stone... Colin helping with your gemming brought a smile to my face. How sweet!

@junebug17 i hope your flight went well! Oh no! For having to deal with the exterminator just before leaving, but thank goodness you don’t have to come home to creepy crawlies! I hear you on the DSS and totally get it, but your ring is perfection and the setting gives it such great coverage and presence!

@Tekate dh is ok. Still dealing with anxiety etc but doing ok considering, and still on the job hunt. The house you linked to is adorable! I’m realtor.com stalking Scottsdale houses right now. Too fun! So glad Autumn is doing so well! Thank you for the love and dust.

@marcy i will totally try to hunt down the eclipse photo. The birds really do bring me joy. My conure likes to fly around my great room and hang out with me while I’m in the kitchen. And the birds in my yard are an equal joy. They sing all day long and it’s beautiful. I was on a conference call while on my porch recently and didn’t realize how vocal they were until a colleague asked if I was calling from the enchanted forest, lol. I’m glad you had such great results after your hysterectomy. I’m crossing my fingers!

@missy you amaze me! You have so much going on with your health and yet you still work out like an Olympic athlete!! I love seeing you pictures of your rides ...and that Victorian house, oh my! I on the other hand can barely drag my butt downstairs to our gym (don’t ask how long it’s been). I’m sorry for your mama drama. It’s so hard when one wants to just feel the support and care of their mother and it just comes out all wonky. (((((Hugs)))))

I’m very glad it’s Friyay! Making broccoli cheddar soup with some crusty bread for dinner. Running around like mad because I thought I would have my hyster at the end of May but it seems my dr wants to do it sooner so it will be before mid-month. I was going to list my house at the beginning of the month but now that needs to wait. I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Love to all the NIRDIs!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you girlie! you are too kind but I love it! and you.

I'm not sure what I want here actually, I really always go for brand/recent homes, nothing too 1980s for me! I cannot be sure where Mike will eventually buy a house here in the Austin area, he loves his job and he wants to stay there, they want to put him in a management program, while it's a state agency and I truly wish he'd take Chris's route and job hop that isn't what he wants, Chris wants money, Mike wants job satisfaction, sometimes I wonder how they are related as they don't look much alike, they think very differently and are totally different. :) So Mike would like to live near I35 which puts him in the Northern part of Austin near Parmer Lane etc (you don't know these places but basically he would be in Pflugerville TX).. me, I like Lago Vista up north, but I have to have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, and room for a pool. :) Basically that is it, but we need to get the place near the city first. We are just window shopping, and it's hot here already sheesh! 88F, by June that will be 99F probably. Don't like that.

50 miles!! my Gosh that is incredible, you guys are tops. Sometimes I think it's because you two so enjoy each other that this is just you and Greg in tandem :) I so so so admire you both.

Aw to you mom, I think she worries as you know, but it's frustrating for you that is more than fair. You can buy wild salmon at Costco all the time, or at least by us in MA and here in TX..I'd say "mom, do you want me bigger or healthy?" it's so frustrating I know and your mom is getting older, my mother spent years trying to get me to become a nurse, I DID NOT WANT TO BE A NURSE, I wanted to be a physician. The woman wore me down. You can say mom I'll eat b4 I come! you have problems that can be helped with how you eat.. our mom's don't see anything but in my case I was fat and my mother called me fat and that never helped me :) it's all control of your kid. Stand your ground in the Missy Way... kindly and brilliantly. .Now this is all easy for me to say, as I said 3x already, it's frustrating. (((MISSY))) (((MOM))) we love our moms no matter what. :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@Keeliamira house hunting on the web is fun as all get out! enjoy.. hope everyone is feeling well at your house! xoxoxoxo

@Mamabean your home's are magnificent! your taste is perfection.. loved looking at the chandeliers! than you for sharing!!

@ringo865 Hi Ringo, how's things with you? hope well.. hope you are having a good Friday and a good weekend! :wavey::wavey: xoxoxo

@marcy life is good, your sound good, have a wonderful weekend girlie!!! xoxoxo

@Sandeek Hey! hope the news is good!!! which dress are you going with? how's the job? hope you have a super great weekend! xoxoxoxo

@AV_ Have a wonderful weekend AV.. hope you are feeling well. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi! hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxoxo

leaving with a pix of Autumn Cara sent me! love to you all.

my baby smiling.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira Fingers crossed for the surgery! Just as well that all else just happens to be on hold somehow - house, work, and the many other burdens you are joggling - nothing is due to touch ground & the doc wants to hurry. As if life times itself right.

@missy Your choice to leave West Point is the sort of thing I could not do; my kind of work is too thethered to its environment.

-

These days are my height of the year & the sea beckons too... .)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@Tekate awww Autumn is such a love. Beautiful baby. I want to hug and kiss her so please do it for me. :kiss2: I think she has your smile.:love:
I love older homes. I love Victorian homes (as long as it is bright inside) and Craftsmen homes and one of my favorites are mid-century modern homes. I am a sucker for old everything I guess being the old soul I am :lol:. But inside I like modern and clean though yes give me crown molding and beautiful details and real wood floors please.

I am with Mike in that job satisfaction is number one or at least was for me when I was working. And is for Greg too. He left a job where he was making excellent money for a job where he felt like he was making more of a meaningful difference and reaping satisfaction. For less money. And he is happier for it as am I. Happy DH happy wife. Works both ways. Don't worry about Mike. He will find his way and figure it out and reach that elusive satisfaction at work. It's a process.

Gosh that is too hot for April. I do not do well in heat so any place that is hot many months of the year has to be out for us. That is why I love (Northern but am open to other locations) California. Change of seasons (sort of) and temperate climate. Love that.

Thanks for your kind comments re my mom and our struggle. It will be OK no matter what. I am going to try keeping my calm on Sunday for my dad's sake. No matter what I have Greg on my side and with him by my side I can weather the storm.

@Keeliamira you have a lot on your plate and it is good you are postponing the sale of your house til after your hysterectomy. I am sorry it is being moved up but you will be relieved when it is over and done with and you are feeling better I hope. You are smart that you got 3 opinions. Now you can be sure it is the right route to go. Yummm to your broccoli cheddar soup. Hope it was delicious and you enjoyed it. Have a lovely weekend sweet @Keeliamira and sending you (((hugs))) and continued good wishes.

@Sandeek hope you had a good Friday evening and have fun today. (((HUGS))) and more healing vibes being sent your way. One more week and fingers crossed for you. XOXO.

@AV_ I am a homebody and do not enjoy change but it was time to leave there. I did continue working there part time but the commute was horrendous and after a few years I had to leave completely. They did all they could to try getting me to stay including allowing me to leave at 2 pm to travel back to NYC before rush hour traffic and the 3 hour afternoon commute. But it just was still too much driving/traveling and even in my 20s it proved too much after a few years. But it was a wonderful time in my life that I look back with fondness and love. I met amazing people and it was truly a unique experience.

And yes to the sea beckoning us...I am listening to it now and it is so soothing and peaceful. Hearing the roar of the waves and seeing the beauty all around. Breathing in that fresh sea air. Nothing compares. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday. XO.

Yesterday we ran our errands and it was a stormy rainy day. We got caught in some torrential downpours with lightning and thunder but made it through A OK and it was an adventure. Got all the stuff I wanted to get too. Trader Joes, Costco and Whole Foods. Love being down here as none of the stores are too crowded. What a contrast to NYC stores.

I managed to get a few Bubbalah photos in between the raindrops yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 7.08.34 AM.png

and a security photo from just now of our backyard. Wish I could share the soothing wave sounds with you too.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 7.11.16 AM.png

Have a lovely Saturday girls. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ducks!:kiss2:

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 7.25.46 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy drooling on all your pictures! the beach, heaven.. the ring H E A V E N... yes Mike and Chris will both get where they need to be. And your mom, she just loves you... what we do for our mom's.

Weather has been great here but we had one heck of a torrential rain storm here.. so different than the east coast!

Have a great Saturday, we are planning to visit some open houses then have lunch with Kath and Jim and then up to Mike's! Been loving my visit here but miss Maine..

hi to Greg btw!!!

@Keeliamira how was the soup? sounds delicious, and yes to postponing the listing of your house girl! recover and then move.. xoxoxo

I'm early today so I will check back in tonite if I can..

sending a happpy happy Saturday to you all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Saturday!

I like modern too @Tekate, even though the exterior of our house is very traditional, the inside is very modern. I can admire older architecture, but I don’t want to deal with old wiring and plumbing! :D Have fun house looking, Adam always says we’ll have seen every house up for sale by the time we move :lol: We like visiting the new developments, but it’s amazing how the property tax can be so different from one side of the road to the other. Low PT is a priority for us. Cute pic of Autumn. Have a lovely weekend.

Well 3 opinions is enough to reassure you it’s essential for you to have the op @Keeliamira, and I’m glad they can do it laparoscopically. You’ll still need to rest and recover, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself with timelines.

Glad you got all your shopping done without the crowds @missy. Safe trip back to the city and I hope your Dad has a lovely birthday tomorrow, and that the party is stressfree for all of you. Have fun.

We had a big storm yesterday evening, and it was cold and windy today when we took Dottie out.

Not long to wait now @marcy before ‘our’ matching earrings arrive:mrgreen2: Have you been wearing your pendant a lot?

How’s the weather there @AV_? I hope it’s not spoiling any weekend plans.

Happy weekend to all the lovely NIRDIs, I hope you’re enjoying whatever you’re doing.

We’re out for dinner tonight then will be out all day tomorrow at the Southern Spinone meeting. They have a vet giving a talk and demo of Doggy first aid :D

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina Sun is back! I have grown so not accustomed to be stuck in bad weather, that over a week of rain rain rain (until Friday) made a dent in my joi de vivre - obviously, I need props for that.

@missy I could only take a few months of three hour commutes - obviously, I was way young & still did not assume such arrangements could last. Only doing this by train seemed sort of civilized (Prividence-Cambridge of all places) inasmuch as it was possible to pretend being already at the office. I sure did sleep on the premises a couple of times, having missed the last train (I, the non-driver & non-payer of cabs). Fate! I tend to get myself into this sort of arrangement even now. IHMO, your seafaring ducks have the right idea of what life is about ,)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
987DBCE4-5DC7-4EEB-BB5B-6C6A33834347.jpeg
BE983C6D-44CA-4E68-BB7C-846E8972D560.jpeg
Hi girls! I have to catch up!
@missy I went to the vet to pick up meds for Bailey. Look who was on the counter! She is beautiful..but a biter. She was playing with my hair..I went to pet her but the receptionist told me she would bite me. I asked her how much would it hurt..She said enough to yell ouch! She let me pet her for a few minutes and then quick as a shot got my wrist in her mouth! She didn’t bite me but gave me a warning that she had her fill. She has the most beautiful green eyes.
Talk to you all later! My hubby is going to help me clean out the garage!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
987DBCE4-5DC7-4EEB-BB5B-6C6A33834347.jpeg
BE983C6D-44CA-4E68-BB7C-846E8972D560.jpeg
Hi girls! I have to catch up!
@missy I went to the vet to pick up meds for Bailey. Look who was on the counter! She is beautiful..but a biter. She was playing with my hair..I went to pet her but the receptionist told me she would bite me. I asked her how much would it hurt..She said enough to yell ouch! She let me pet her for a few minutes and then quick as a shot got my wrist in her mouth! She didn’t bite me but gave me a warning that she had her fill. She has the most beautiful green eyes.
Talk to you all later! My hubby is going to help me clean out the garage!

OMG this kitty looks like our Tommy cat. :kiss2: Glad you were A OK with Bailey the biter. Gotta watch for that because cat bites can be very bad.

tommy.jpg

Good luck cleaning the garage with your hubby @Mamabean!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy She does look like Tommy! I couldn’t resist petting her..Her fur was soooo soft.:love:

My back is killing me. The garage cleaning is almost done. Getting my husband to get rid of things went much better. I used my knowledge from watching the show Hoarder! :lol: Now I have to set up a power washing for the floor and have it painted.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, delighted to hear you are okay. Enjoy no rain this weekend. Did you do some cooking? I picked up strawberries today that finally look quite good. They’ll be a major part of my breakfast tomorrow.

Missy, yes it is always good to have dreams and I like that you want to live somewhere with the ocean in sight. I am with you there. Your must haves for a house sound perfectly reasonable to me. No worries; I get your sentiments about the food selection by your mom. I have friends that keep sending me menu selections until they find something I can eat; I really appreciate it but feel bad they are going to so much trouble. It’s tough either way. Marty’s trip was just for the day. He is going to my company’s corporate office this week. That will be strange for him because most of the people there know him from when he worked there. Our meeting was last Friday. Nice you got in a long ride; sorry it was cold. We are starting the heat / AC / heat swap too. It’s kind of a pain. I put the heat on lower than normal because I don’t want to heat the house up on our dime if the Sun and heat will take care of it later. Beautiful pictures. Wish you dad a happy birthday for me. Have a nice time tomorrow.

Keeliamira, too cute your house can sound like an enchanted forest. That isn’t a bad thing. I honestly couldn’t believe how much better I felt after my hysterectomy. My gynecologist asked how I put up with the pain that long - my honest answer was it wasn’t knee pain so I ignored it. I hope you feel way better. Sorry they moved up your surgery date but then you will get it over with sooner.

Kate, I hope both Chris and Mike find job satisfaction and money. I had job satisfaction teaching but certainly not money; of course as a second job it was all extra money anyway. Glad life is good; so is mine. Autumn is adorable; I love her smile. Yes, you are in torrential rain country. We had small hail and a small tornado in our state already. They are expecting snow Monday through Wednesday.

Austina, good call to consider PT when you pick your house in Austin. The place we moved to 6 years ago was higher than where we lived before; I hadn’t paid attention before then. Rats. I am quite anxious for our earrings to show up. I haven’t been wearing my pendant every day but I am sure I will be wearing it daily again for a while when our earrings show up. Enjoy the Spinone meeting tomorrow.

Mamabean, beautiful kitty (aka Tommy lookalike) too funny she is a biter. Yay for the garage cleaning to almost be done. That will be great to get that finished.

We’ve been busy this weekend. Working on stuff around the house and getting ready for the family poker party tomorrow. We spent money at the grocery store like those darned drunken sailors again; but we should have plenty to eat tomorrow. I brewed up cookies this afternoon. Now I’m resting.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Funday Sunday.:appl:

@junebug17 how was the wedding? I hope everyone had a wonderful time and that it was a gorgeous day for all. And I hope you are enjoying the trip and being away and having lots of fun. Did you bring your beautiful new VC ring? Sending you (((hugs))) and love.

@Tekate how did your open house visits go? Anything with potential? I love house hunting so much. In fact it was because we enjoyed house hunting so much that we actually and sort of accidentally found our dream beach home but that is a story for another day. Did you have fun with your friends Kath and Jim at lunch? And how is Mike doing? I hear you on being home sick. It's fun to get away and visit loved ones but home is home. Hope you have a wonderful day Kate and hugs to you and sweet Autumn too.:kiss2:

@Austina hope you had a good dinner out with friends last night and enjoy a lovely Southern Spinone meeting today. Have fun. And please hug Dottie from me. She is my favorite Spinone.:kiss2:

@Mamabean oh no I am sorry your back is hurting you and I hope it is feeling much better this morning. Glad your dh was such a help with clearing out and cleaning up your garage though and glad that project is over. Whew. Hope you have a lovely Sunday dear Joanne. (((Hugs))).

@marcy I hope you slept OK last night. That cartoon above makes me think you are having restless nights and I don't like that. Hope you had sweet dreams last night. LOL I put the heat on at the beach house yesterday AM but we slept that night with the windows open and didn't need the AC so that's improvement. I love hearing the waves so prefer keeping windows open if it is cool enough. I know you get it completely. OK I forgot astronomy is but once a month and not every week. And I am glad Marty's trip was just for the day. It is weird he is visiting your main office where he used to work and knows so many people. Hope that goes well. I will wish my dad a happy birthday from you Marcy, thanks so much. Have fun at your family poker party tonight and what kind of cookies did you bake? Yummmm cookies at 6:59 AM and now you are making me want cookies. :lickout: :cheeky: Hugs to you and have a great Sunday.

@AV_ yes the ducks know what it's all about. All the animals do. They live in the moment enjoying life as it comes. A sweet and worthy goal to be sure. No fighting the traffic, the commuting, the crowds. Taking it one minute at a time. Hope you enjoy a lovely Sunday and are living in the moment happily and peacefully. Glad your sun has returned.

@Sandeek I hope you enjoy a lovely Sunday with your family and that you are feeling well. Only a few more days till a nice hot thorough and long shower for you! I am super excited for you to get to enjoy that after all this time. Sending you lots of (((hugs))) and love and as always buckets and buckets of healing dust.

@Keeliamira I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family. XO.

@canuk-gal thinking of you and sending (((hugs))) and good thoughts your way.

Yesterday was an uneventful day and we left earlier than usual as I just wanted to get back and relax. I cannot believe 5 days at the beach just flew by like 5 minutes. Seriously flew by. Anyway there was a terrible auto accident that we happened upon way after the fact. The ambulances were already gone but we saw the overturned truck and it was not good. I hope no one was seriously injured. I took a quick photo for those of you interested. But not a pretty sight so look away if you don't want to see. Including it because it really puts life in perspective and how every single moment is precious and one never knows what is coming...sorry to be dark and serious but just always think it is good to remember and remind ourselves how precious each day is and how tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. I hope and pray no one was seriously hurt in this accident.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 6.47.31 AM.png

Onto brighter thoughts. It is good being back in NYC. Funny how I love both homes so much and it is hard choosing one. I always go back and forth where I want to be because wherever we are generally I am very content. The going back and forth I do not love however. It would be nice to have a clear favorite and just one home but for now the drawbacks for maintaining 2 homes are far outweighed by the advantages of enjoying what both have to offer. If the kitties got to vote they would surely choose the beach house. They love looking out at all the beautiful wildlife and nature around us. And HRH loves the heat of the fireplace lol. If Greg got to vote I think he would choose the beach house too. Not completely sure but I think that would be his vote. Mainly because he has a beautiful woodworking shop at the beach house and much more space to enjoy his hobbies as well as our lovely backyard and garden which we don't have here. It's more civilized at the beach for many reasons. But I don't think I can give up the excitement of the city and the life that is just outside our doorstep here. Just walking around our neighborhood brings me endless enjoyment. What a conundrum and fortunately I do not have to decide anything right now.

Today we are heading to my parents house to celebrate my dad's 85th birthday. His actual birthdate is April 30th. It's supposed to be a surprise but we will see if my mom managed to keep it a surprise. Thank you for all your good wishes and hope everyone enjoys a lovely Sunday!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy have a wonderful birthday Missy's DAD!! have fun Missy, I'm so happy to read when my friends have their parents.. Have a wonderful time!

We loved several houses we saw but we are still unsure where to live, Lakeway, Spicewood, Austin? I tend to brand new, price range is something to consider also.. but it's fun to look.. I am hoping that Cara and Mike are going to tag along today (which Autie!).. we had a GREAT lunch with Jim and Kath, we went to a restaurant on Anderson Lane in NW Austin called the El Dorado Cafe, and I highly highly recommend anyone visiting Austin go here, it's better than any other Tex Mex I've ever been to here in Atown and I've been to tons. http://www.eldoradocafeatx.com/ @Austina if you are looking for great Tex Mex with your family this is it, but it is in town and you guys are more out towards Lakeway area, but it's worth it.

Had dinner at Mike and Cara's and spent the whole time holding Autie! it was heaven.

Going to open houses in a few and take the kids out to lunch!

Will be back later to check in to see what is new with the NIRDI's!

Happy birthday to your dad!!! Hi to Greg, going home in two weeks, looking forward to my own bed!!

love you!

Kate

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m sorry your mom upset you. Nowadays all caterers have options for people with dietary needs. Your mom should have asked them to make a plate for you. This is has been a hot button between you and your mom for years. She pushed it and it’s understandable you are hurt. The only thing I can add is the past few years I really appreciate how lucky I am that my parents are still alive. I know the day will come where I would give anything to hear my mom making comments about my hair, and how much I will miss hearing her voice. Heck I MAY even one day laugh about the night I was all dressed up sitting in the emergency room, worried sick about her, while getting the 100,000th lecture on how my hair would look better if I cut, styled or colored it differently.

Please tell me to reread this the next time my mom upsets me, because you know you will hear all about it LOL. Let’s be honest, our moms are not going to change at their age. I’m finding it so much easier to let it go in one ear and out the other. I don’t want memories of arguing with her and find ignoring what I can’t can’t change works best for me. At the end of the day I know she loves me and I love her.

@junebug17, I hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding and hope you are enjoying the weekend with your family. Please tell us all about the wedding when you come back home. The oval is gorgeous, the setting is gorgeous and the portions are beautiful! June it looks like this ring was made for your finger.

@Tekate , It has been fun reading your posts about sweet Autumn. She is a beautiful baby. The pure joy you are feeling jumps off the page Kate. Have fun finding a home near Autumn, Mike and Cara. My nieces stories about breastfeeding have had us both laughing out loud the past few weeks. Her daughter is an easy baby like Autumn. My niece was not an easy baby and seeing her reaction to our stories of her as a baby are hysterical. Don’t worry to much about Chris and Mike. They will figure out the job situation and what works best for them.

@marcy, I hope your get together goes well today. It sure sounds like you have the food for everyone covered. It would be impossible to leave your home today hungry. Have a wonderful time today. I can’t wait for your new earrings to arrive.

@av, Are you feel better now? The comments about chocolate and pasta had me laughing out loud. I could live on both of these. I would not have anything to wear if I did but I would be one happy woman.

@Keeliamira , It’s great news that your son is doing well and is back home. I don’t know how you do it all with six children and all that is going on. Sending lots of job dust to your husband.

@Austina, You are such a good friend to Shirley. It’s hard watching people go thru such heartbreaking things but it also shows us who our true friends are. Shirley is lucky to have you. My husband joked yesterday that maybe we should consider Austin as we watched the snow come down LOL.

What dress are going with for the wedding @Sandeek? How have you been feeling the past week?

@Mamabean, I’m sorry your back is hurting. Cleaning a garage can do that to you. Please make your husband do all the heavy lifting.

@canuk-gal , I hope everything is going well with you and your family.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have caved in to the warm day & took a long walk, complete with a very local lunch & holiday things at a garden overlooking the old city. Not bad, methinks!

2019-04-28 19.05.11.jpg 2019-04-28 19.00.53.jpg 2019-04-28 19.52.41.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-04-28 19.05.11.jpg
    2019-04-28 19.05.11.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 15

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hope you had a nice day with your parents. I have to ask - is the dream beach house you and Greg found the gorgeous one you have now? Sad but true I am not sleeping well. I can’t shut my mind off (work) and my right knee is screaming at me and few muscles are talking to me. I can’t get comfortable. I slept okay last night. Thank you. I know you are no stranger to short nights - have you been sleeping okay? I love the sounds of waves too; it was funny the first few nights we were in the beach house at Myrtle Beach I kept thinking the waves were wind. That’s what I’m used to hearing here. I made chocolate chip cookies. They disappeared quickly today. It looks like an awful accident; hopefully they are okay. That is good you don’t have to decide now to pick one place to live; you enjoy both of them and that is awesome.

Kate, I hope you enjoyed looking at houses today. Nice you found a restaurant you really liked.

Callie, it sounds fun reminiscing with your niece about when she was young. I was telling stories about my nephew today to his sons. We did have a nice time today and no one left hungry. We ended up with only about 1/2 a pizza left and about 4 burger and 4 brats left. I sent them all home with my nephew’s family because his 3 teenagers are always hungry. I hope my earrings are here Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully the snow storm won’t keep me from heading out to pick them up.

AV, you had lovely sights on your long walk today. It’s very pretty there.

The crew arrived about noon today. Marty entertained most of them with poker, he taught the youngest nephew to deadlift then then they boys helped Marty cook supper and clean up the dishes (mostly paper plates). It was fun.

Our forecast is currently predicting 8-12 inches of snow from Monday night to Wednesday morning. Phooey.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy ... snow - NOW? What a scandal... ,( There is still some up the mountain @3K-ish, but down here, spring is over - Jasmine trees are the last of the season (that part of town smells better than it looks - the small walled gardens of town houses are meant to be scent the houses & they do the streets too - twice over). I am quite sure I will do a late dinner out - not that the food is better than I make it - just to be in town; eating out usually means a platter of paper-thin cut dry & hot meat stuffs that I never buy otherwise. I cannot bring myself to think of anything else - work is such a bizarre thing!

2019-04-28 19.10.23.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@Tekate what a wonderful weekend you enjoyed. Good friends, house hunting and family time. And holding sweet baby Autumn. :kiss2:Perfect.
Thank you so much for your kind and lovely birthday wishes for my dad. He says thank you too. :kiss2:

@Calliecake you know I am here to listen to you vent and cry about your mom. I get it. My mom did the right thing yesterday and had food for me but omg why she had to put me through the aggravation IDK. Did you get snow yesterday? Sorry if you did...you have the never-ending winter.:(2
Did your brother get the results of his tests yet?

@AV_ so pleased you enjoyed a lovely long walk and that your weather is cooperating. Hope you enjoy a beautiful Monday as well. Thank you for sharing your pretty scenery.:love: And I love the European Jasmine trees. So green and beautiful. I can almost smell them from here.

@marcy yes the house we have now is our dream house on the water. Greg didn't even realize he wanted a house on the water till I shared that it was my dream when we started looking. Our first beach house was not on the water and while it was close (within walking distance) to the beach it was too far for me. Anyway Greg told me he never knew that it was his dream too but it turned out it was lol. And starting to look for a new beach house was an accident because we happened upon an open house one day while cycling and that is where we met our broker. Long story but happy conclusion. It all worked out and IMO was meant to be because it was a complicated set of circumstances that all had to come together to work out perfectly for us to sell our previous beach house and buy our current one.

I am so sorry you aren't sleeping well and hope you slept OK last night. I am doing OK. I always wake up a few times but when I manage to fall back to sleep that is a win for me. Last night and this AM I have to skip my thyroid meds as I am seeing my endocrinologist this afternoon and cannot take any thyroid meds til after my blood tests. That's a lot of meds I am skipping because I couldn't get a morning appointment. I am taking thyroid meds every 4 hours as it is T3 which is quick release and doesn't last long so it is a hard med to take but I dont find it too difficult to take it every 4 hours and the alternative is worse so I am OK with it. But because my appointment is late I might have to skip them and not add them back today as I cannot take all of them at once so not sure how this day is going to go. Without the meds which I need I might not be feeling too well today. We will see. And Greg and I have a surgeon appointment this AM. My follow up and Greg's surgical consult for his thumbs.

Yay for having a good time yesterday with the poker crew and an even bigger yay to Mr Marty for cleaning up and cooking too. Glad your nephews enjoyed visiting.

Oh no to snow. 8-12 inches. :errrr: I hope the forecast is wrong and you just get rain instead or better yet just sun.
Have a good and safe Monday Marcy and please drive very carefully or better yet let Marty drive you if there is snow on the ground.

@Sandeek you look gorgeous in the dress your future DIL and DD chose for you and as I said before you cannot go wrong. Greg actually liked that dress better for the wedding if you remember. He said it went better with the MOB dress. It's going to be such a happy celebration and I am so excited for you and your family. Sending your sweet children HB wishes and hope the rest of their day went very well. (((Hugs))) and healing vibes. And just a few more days fingers crossed til you can take a long hot shower!

@Mamabean I hope you had a wonderful rest of the weekend. And that your back is feeling all better. XO

Hi to everyone else. Hope a lovely weekend was had by all.

We had a happy celebration yesterday and everyone showed so it was a full house. People traveled from pretty far to be there for my dad who was surprised. He just thought it was our immediate family who was going to be there for his birthday and didn't know all his friends were coming from far to join in the celebration. Including my BFF Tom who was there too. That was a surprise to me as well :sun: but he is like a son to my parents as we have been friends since 1985 and did everything together for decades. He is a great guy. Anyone know a lovely single lady in her 50s for him?8) He is about 6'2"

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.00.47 AM.png

My aunt baked a great ice cream chocolate cookie cake. Sadly I couldn't taste it but Tom and Greg said it was delicious.
The day went very well and it was a happy celebration. We got my dad a Dewalt cordless drill and he loved it. Of course we knew he wanted it so lol not a huge stretch that he would be pleased with it.:lol:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.00.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.02.14 AM.png

My niece is almost my height and she is just 13. But she has tall parents. For reference I am 5'6"

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.02.28 AM.png

My youngest niece is still pretty petite.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.04.33 AM.png

Last photo today I promise lol. I have more but I shared them on IG if you're interested.
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.05.43 AM.png

My mom showed us all her newborn kittens outside too and OMG they are so precious. I took photos but it was through the screen so they aren't great but I will go through them when I have time to see if any are worthy to share. The kittens are just so freaking precious.:kiss2:

It's a long day of appointments today girls so have a lovely day and I will probably see you tomorrow. Wish me luck. I am nervous because it is a big day. Have I mentioned how I long for boredom and uneventful days?
(((HUGS))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @AV_ what a lovely view from your walk, so nice to be able to enjoy the scenery, and lunch out too, bonus!

Ugh, sorry your pain is keeping you awake @marcy, seems we’re all members of the Wide Awake Club, it cant be an age thing because we’re all so young :P2 Oh my goodness, snow in May, how’s that even possible, it better not delay our earrings getting delivered! Sounds like you had fun at the weekend with your visitors.

Did you see any likely prospects @Tekate? It’s a good idea to see as many properties as you can, so you can determine what you want, and more importantly, what you don’t want. I’ve sent the link to the restaurant to Adam to see if they’ve ever been there. Enjoy your cuddles with Autumn.

Move to Austin @Calliecake you’ll know at least 2 other people there! :D Have you made any decisions about your car?

Hope the wedding went well @junebug17 and you all had a lovely time.

Hi @Sandeek - are you done with your IV infusions now? How’re you feeling?

Hope your treatment is going well @ringo865 and you’re doing well.

Thank you for the photos @missy, glad your Mum got you something to eat. Looks like everyone had a good day at the party, was your Dad surprised? Your niece is growing like a weed! Despite all your health issues, you’re looking lovely, and of course, Greg always looks dapper. A lady at the meeting yesterday said she was being blinded by Bella and asked me if she could have a look :mrgreen2:

@Mamabean - that puss looks just like a Tiggy that we had years ago. How’re things with you, is your back any better, did you have a good weekend?

I hope you had a relaxing weekend @Keeliamira, you certainly deserve it.

I’ve just had a long email from Shirley’s son, seems things are even worse than we thought. We did wonder if long term use of the medication she has for her peripheral neuropathy had affected her mind, and it looks like that’s been the case. He also said Bob had confided in him that things had been pretty bad for the last couple of years. We had seen that ourselves, but didn’t know quite how bad. He thinks it won’t be long until they need professional help. It’s just so sad.

We had a long busy day yesterday at the meeting, such a shame that more people don’t support the group. Dottie wanted to be in the kitchen with me, so was a pest and Colin had to deal with her. There were a couple of gorgeous puppies there, but I remember what it was like dealing with a puppy, so it didn’t make me want one :lol:

We went to see Red Joan this afternoon, based on a true story, starring Judi Dench, it was really good.

:wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@av, The pictures you posted are spectacular. Do you enjoy photography? If not, maybe you should consider this as a hobby. It could be fun when you need a break from your work. Your photos are works of art. What a beautiful area you chose to live. You are a lucky woman av.

It’s easy to see why you enjoy walking and soaking up these beautiful sites. I will never tease you about skipping the walk and getting the pastries again. Please do both. They are both good for the soul.

@missy , I’m glad you had a great day with your family and it was such a wonderful day for your dad. I was wrong, there is still hope for our moms! I can see your face Missy as I type this. Please frame the picture of you and your dad. It’s a beautiful picture. I can’t get over how much B and A have grown. Your tiny niece reminds me of my of one of my nieces. Her mom always thought she would be short as an adult. She is now 5’8” LOL.

@marcy, It sounds like everyone had fun yesterday. I’m sure your nephews had a great time. I’m sorry you are having a rough time sleeping. Everything feels worse when you don’t get sleep. You wake up, go over the all the things you need to do at work the next day and anticipate problems that may not even happen. It would be nice if we could just shut our brain off at night and switch it back on in the morning. Is the knee pain the same knee pain you normally deal with or is it getting worse? Oh no about more snow heading your way. We got a few inches of snow on Saturday but it was all melted by yesterday afternoon. Is it al least warming up so if you get snow it’s gone in a day or two?

@Austina , I’m so sorry to hear about Shirley. So on top up of everything else, grief is now added to the mix. I feel terrible for her. . Tackling one of these problems is hard enough. I wondered if maybe things were worse than you thought when it was decided she was staying with her son and his wife for more than a a couple weeks. I’m so sorry @Austina. This had to be hard for you to hear. I’m with you on puppies. They are so cute but so much work. It sounds like Dottie is very attached to her mom. My husband has talked about getting a puppy. He has no idea how much work a puppy is or maybe he has just forgotten.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake .) ! I do enjoy taking pictures & kill the vast majority - less than ten survive at the end of each year; these have not been through that last round of weeding, they'll be drafts for a while until I/O day. I've gotten surprisingly distraught by nearly loosing my small stash of pictures a couple of months ago & hate printing, but love painting - except for the bloody mess. Cannot quite tell today what might come of this list of shooting & doodling habits...

Then, feel free to tease me re food: I eat like an idiot - if not much.

@Austina What news... ,((( I hope they are wrong.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, No decision on a car. We looked at a Jaguar sports car last week that DH fell in love with. It was beautiful but I was not comfortable driving it. I also felt like an old woman desperately trying to recapture her youth just sitting in the darn thing. It definitely was NOT the car for me. He seemed to get it when I said if this car and his car were sitting in the garage, I would take his car every single time.

My guess is I will end up with a four door that I can drive all year round and take the kids in or an all wheel drive coupe with a big backseat that can comfortably fit a baby seat. I’m right back to where I was months ago when I started to look. Aren’t you sorry you asked @Austina LOL.

@av please keep your pictures! You should be a part time photographer.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, your pics from your father's party are great! You look so pretty and Greg is as handsome as ever. It looks like it was a very joyous and fun event and your father looks like he had a wonderful time. How great that there were some surprise guests too. I can't believe how big your nieces are getting! They are both precious. And I'm glad your mother came through at the end and had some food for you, even though it took a while for her to get there!

I have said this before, but it is really great that you have the best of both worlds...the excitement of city life and the peace and quiet of suburbia...and at the beach no less. So wonderful to be able to enjoy both locations.:appl:

Beautiful pics of the water and Bubbalah! She is a show-stopper for sure :love:

I did bring my new ring with me! I'm finding it looks its best during the day so that's when I wore it...and wore my OEC in the evenings.

I'm hoping your appointment goes smoothly and that you feel ok today. Sending hugs and love back at you!

@Tekate, love the houses you posted! and omg, love that precious baby, wish I could reach into the pic and hold and cuddle her :love: I love going to open houses. Sounds like you had a wonderful day planned :appl:

@Keeliamira, thinking of you and sending calming thoughts to you as you get ready for your surgery. (((HUGS)))

@Mamabean, such a pretty kitty but I'm sorry she bit you and I'm glad you're ok. Yay to dh on giving you a hand and I hope your back is feeling better.

@marcy, that comic is cute but unfortunately it's also very true! I hate hearing that work and your knee are keeping you up at night. Your day with company sounds like it was a smashing success and a good time was had by all! Ugh to all that snow, I'm so sorry you're due to get so much, please stay safe.

@Calliecake, thank you so much for the compliments on the ring! I'm thinking of you and sending you car buying dust! Also keeping your brother in my thoughts too, and hoping for the best.

@AV_, thank you SO much for posting pics of your beautiful home! You live in a gorgeous place! :love: So picturesque and quaint. And such amazing scenery. Pretty pic of the jasmine tree. I just love where you live! Hope you enjoyed your meal out. I find myself doing that whenever dh is away on business...I find it a nice way to treat myself to something special during an otherwise very uneventful day!

@Austina, it's a shame more people don't participate in these meetings. Sounds like it was still a nice event though, and it must have been fun seeing the pups...although I hear you on not wanting to go through that particular stage anymore! Aw, I'm saddened to read about Shirley and sending you hugs and comfort...it's hard to learn that your worries have been comfirmed and I know this is upsetting news. I'm hoping something can be done to help her.

Such a nice compliment you received on Bella! It must be such a joy to wear her, she is amazing!!! :love:

We got back from the wedding last night...had a really nice time. The ceremony and reception were lovely and my niece looked beautiful...the bride and groom looked so happy. Enjoyed the trip but glad to be back home lol!

Hope everyone is having a good day xxx

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone!

How's everyone ?? @Sandeek @Mamabean @ringo865 @Keeliamira sending buckets of love to you all. :)

@missy Love your pictures Missy, really do...

@Calliecake Hi Callie how are you? thank you very much for your very kind words about Autumn Callie. She's the sweetest thing, unlike her father, who I nick named the 'baby from hell' and one of my SIL's told me that was terrible and I was being mean and sick (I always kid around but I could see where she was coming from, luckily she dumped my BIL and I have a wonderful SIL now). Mike and Cara are wonderful parents, I'm indeed lucky.. I am so glad your grand niece is an easy baby too and that your niece was too, maybe boy babies are just noisier? Chris was much more mellow but he had his moments too.A jag sports car? with kids? love your hubster but no necessarily good for you. Get an Audi. hugs to you! (a jag in Austin will fit nicely as will any high end SUV, SUV, car EVERYONE has a beautiful car here). xo

@marcy if you come and see me I will cook whatever you want and need, and @missy too. Your friends love you and want you to be happy and full. There are soooo many Tex Mex restaurants here and they have vegan, vegetarian, when @Austina and I are in the same area come and visit and we shall all eat very good food (all NIRDIs are invited of course).. and of course I should not be speaking for @Austina ;-) Marcy, did you get the 8-12 inches of snow? it will melt fairly quicky I'll bet if you did. I am sorry you are sleeping problems, I have that on occasion too, I just watch ID TV till I finally see the sun and fall asleep.. hugs to you!

@Austina houses here were very very interesting, saw some REAL lemons and much of the new housing is very nice.. I'm getting greedy, I want a lake or hill country views, with a 1/4 acre, 1,800sq ft houses don't have that!.. we are widening the area search for now. If you are on IG, you can find me following Missy or mamabean of DS2006 etc, any NIRDI can, not hard to find and then we can message when we are both closer to moving.. I think for me, late next year at the very earliest.. so that is late 2020. Not trying to be nosey and don't bother if you are not in line with that, no worries.. So very sorry to read about Shirley Austina, breaks my heart, grief, illness, just so much to take in, sending you HUGE hugs and care Austina.

@junebug17 as I said b4 and say again, love love your new ring, more pix would be great June. So happy the wedding went well and you had a wonderful time. This grandmother gig June is awesome, I was born to this. Thank you for your kind words June, sincerely appreciate them. Hugs to you!

@AV_ your pictures are beautiful AV.. lovely.. hugs to you!

@missy Hello, what beautiful pictures of your family, and that 13 year old is going to tower over you in 2 years Missy. The girls are so lovely. Your bestie looks handsome! I'll be on the lookout for a wonderful 50 year old for him, I'm thinking.. most of my single gfs are over 65 ha!.

Your Dad looks so happy Missy... enjoy him.. he is a wonderful Dad.. sorry you couldn't eat the cake but it looked delicious.. how is your finger feeling? have you had your abdominal sono yet? Today? hope all went well today Missy girl..

Greg as always looks handsome and loving.. gotta love him.

Looked at mucho houses yesterday, nothing really moved me but then I'm not ready to buy either. Mike went back to work today but is working from home for this week. Cara is feeling better every day, Chris is much happier about his job now that he's being moved to a position he really wants.. YIPPEEE for him.

If anyone is a Star Trek fan, we have been watching a CBS online show Star Trek - Discovery and it's very very good imho.

off to dinner ladies.. my sincere love to all.

Kate

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, yes snow. I scraped about 3” of wet snow off my car to come home. More is on it’s way too. It looks warm and green there. I hope you found a tasty dinner.

Missy, I am glad your mom had food for you that you can eat. I am so glad to hear your beach house is the house of your dream; I can see how. And how cool is that Greg loved having a house on the beach too. Greg and Missy - a match made in beach heaven for sure. I hope you didn’t feed bad missing your meds today. What did the surgeon think about your finger? That is awesome your dad’s party went so well and how fun he was surprised by everyone coming to help him celebrate. The cake looks delicious. Love seeing the pictures of your family and friends, everyone looks fabulous. Your nieces are growing up so fast. They look like they adore their aunt Missy. Glad to hear you are able to go back to sleep. I slept a little better last night.

Austina, I did get a bit more sleep last night. I feel like I need a nap right now. Sorry to hear you are a member of the not sleeping well club too. Ugh. Poor Marty gets less sleep than I do. Yes, it is snowing and will be for a few days. The temperatures will be a bit warmer tomorrow though so we’ll get rain then snow. It won’t pile up that way but will freeze and get icy. I sure hope I can make it to FedEx tomorrow to get my earrings. How fun you got to show off pretty Bella yesterday, it sounds like you had a nice time. I am so sorry to hear about Shirley; such a difficult decision for her son to make. Even more tragic with the loss of her husband. I’ll watch for Red Joan to show up on PPV.

Callie, you are so right about those thoughts we run through our heads at night instead of sleeping. I stew about work a lot. My knee pain is the same; my right knee needs to be replaced or is at least the next in line. Ha Ha. I am hoping the lifting will help me. I am glad your snow melted already. We were around 30 degrees here today and so it was snow instead of rain. It will get icy tonight. It looks like we might get near 40 tomorrow though (I don’t know about wind chill though) so a lot of it should melt. I do like how quickly things melt this time of year. I hope you find the car that suits you.

Junebug, how fun to switch rings during the day. The day with my family was a nice break from my routine. We had some good laughs. Your niece’s wedding sound really nice and I am glad you had a good time.

Kate, thank you for being a good hostess; all the food you make sounds delicious. I think a big NIRDI GTG would be amazing. Texas sounds warm too. So far we’ve had about 5 inches of snow on the ground; most of it melted until about mid afternoon. I think we get a break for about half of the day tomorrow then another storm moves through. It will melt fast this time of year. I hate that when you fall asleep right when it’s time to get up. Sorry you have trouble sleeping sometimes too. I’m with you on wanting a view of a like or hills from your place. Sounds like Mike, Chris and Cara are all doing well. I am a Star Trek fan but I haven’t watched ST Discovery. I’ll have to check it out.

My poor car was covered with sloppy, dirty snow when I got home. Darn. If it’s icy in the morning I think Marty can take me to work. He’s busy with work so hopefully he can go grab my earrings for me. I don’t even know if he can pick them up though since they are addressed to me. We will see. I am quite anxious to see them.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results