shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re allergies, what kind of pills/ medication/ spray / eye drops do those of you who suffer from pollen allergies use and / or prefer? I’m only somewhat allergic but I tend to prefer Aerius pills. Actually, after I discovered that I’m “allergic” to gluten, my pollen allergies are way less serious. But that’s another story.

Hugs to all of you! I’ll try to catch up later today!

Btw @missy, your finger looks much better now! :kiss2:

Thanks Scandi. The finger is still awful looking but compared to what it was. Photos don’t capture it fully. And it’s still so swollen.

For allergies I just started Claritin melt tabs. I’ll let you know if it helps. My dermatologist has no clue what’s going on with my very swollen ear. It’s over twice the size as the other ear. He said it’s urticaria but that is not a diagnosis. And there are no visible hives either so not sure why he is coming to that conclusion except that he has no clue so is just guessing.

He wants me to continue the Claritin twice a day vs once a day and continue applying the Eucrisa or Tacrilomus. I’m a mess. And we have gluten intolerance in common. I might be allergic to it as well but all I can say for sure is it makes me sick if I consume it.

For eyes I recommend preservative free rewetting drops like refresh plus. And pataday once a day for more severe eye symptoms. In addition to the refresh plus.

I’m glad your pollen allergies are less serious. That helps!

(((Hugs))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, that is so strange about your ear! Maybe some new earrings can help...? Sorry. Know that must be both annoying and painful. Have you considered getting a second opinion..? Only ear I have ever seen that swollen was suffering from serious sun burn, and I’m guessing that is not the case with you... Tons of hugs and get better wishes!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it's starting to sound like maybe you do have a cold - I do hope you start feeling better soon, I know you are feeling miserable. Yay to wearing Bubbalah on your left hand again! I'm sorry your ear is still giving you problems and it's too bad David doesn't seem to have an answer as to what's going on. I'm with you, as much as I love warmer weather I prefer winter clothes as well. In my case I feel like I look like an old lady in summer clothes...it's easier for me to find winter clothes that I feel look both flattering and age appropriate. Luna and Twix are so sweet, I can see why you're tempted to take one of them home with you...but you're right, at least they are well cared for and loved.

@marcy, too funny about Marty parking so close! I can see how you just couldn't resist that one :D

@Mamabean, Happy Birthday to David!!! I hope he has a great day.

@Scandinavian , wow, such gorgeous scenery! :love: Your furbabies look so happy and it looks like you're having a great time.

I seem to have ended up wasting a good part of my day...need to work on my time management lol. I'm off to do some clothes shopping, and then get a few things done here in the house. Have a great day everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo @Tekate, hopefully we’ll be sometime neighbours when you move to Austin, although I expect you’ll be moved there before us. I’m sure Autumn will pick up with the addition of formula. Adam was solely bottle fed and you should see him now :lol:

Hi @Scandinavian, it’s very snowy there :shock: We’re practically having a heat wave here. Great photos, I bet the munchkins and the pups are loving it! How’re you?

Sorry the celebrations got washed out @AV_ but it’ll give you the opportunity to recharge your batteries ready for the next round!

Happy birthday to David @Mamabean, I hope he’s enjoying his special day. I’m glad you enjoyed your lunch with your friends, but I’m afraid this is not good enough :lol: You can’t tell us about the sparkliest and not provide photos, don’t these women know that there are blingaholics who need their fixes :mrgreen2:? We’re on our 6th home, thought this was the last move, but seems not, hopefully next one will be it.

Did you find anything to wear @junebug17 ? I love shopping so don’t really need an excuse, and of course I tell myself that my feet won’t get bigger, so another pair of shoes won’t go to waste :oops: Cleaning up never seems to be done does it? Much like clothes breeding when they’re waiting to be washed, I’m sure ‘stuff’ moves around by itself when you’re trying to tidy up :roll2:

I’d be the size of a house if I ate 4400 a day, @marcy I’d love to be able to eat that much, but I’m getting to the stage where I just have to look at food and I put on weight :(2 Did Marty laugh at your a-hole comment? How was work today?

Sorry your allergies are being so bothersome @missy , do you think you may be getting a cold? Glad you got to spend a lovely day with Greg and visit the kitties. In an ideal world, they’d have a lovely home, but you’re right, they have shelter and food and care, far more than a lot of street kitties.

The swelling is still visible, but if you compare the photo with one just a short while ago, it’s looking so much better.

We enjoyed meeting our friends for lunch today, the only downside was an incident in the car park. It was pretty full, apart from a space where a woman was standing, talking on her phone, I pulled up to park, and she said she was holding the space for a friend who would be there shortly. I said “sorry, this is a public car park, you can’t reserve a space”. I parked, she said her friend was just at the traffic lights and would be there in a minute. Anyway, she was still shouting after me when I walked in to the restaurant. 15 minutes later, she walked in alone, and 30 minutes after, the friend who was less than a minute away, walked in! I was very tempted to asks if her friend was the invisible woman she came in alone :lol:

Big hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, I like golf courses too. They are pretty. I enjoy riding around in the cart and just enjoying relaxing. Thank you, I haven’t met many other people with my given name. Have fun going clothes shopping. I dug out some of my pink and peach tops the other day. Of course I am still covering them with sweaters but at least I’ve got some spring colors.

Missy, I like clothes for warmer weather too. I’m so cold I still wear cardigans in the summer. Neg Nell misses a lot of work due to illness. Oh no to your ear itching. I did use a polishing cloth on my 2 pairs of WF studs because they were both making me ears itch. I am working tomorrow. Darn. I hope your OT went well. Sorry to hear your cold or allergies are so bad. Cute and sweet kitties you got to visit. Your finger looks a lot better; slow but at least there is progress. Bubbalah is gorgeous as always.

Mamabean, that is pretty sweet you call your kids and sing them happy birthday. Happy Birthday to David! Marty always says cats are howling everywhere when I start singing.

Scandi, gorgeous view there! Cute fur babies.

The best part of today was we had enough rain my car looks cleaner. I went to lunch with a friend and enjoyed a peach margarita. Yay for Friday in sight.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean He, he ,) No indoor party here, these lads (academic friends) are not that polite - I know them... Digressing: if you ever wondered why I am not hunting e-rings & w-rings, well, take it from here; I am ever an object to wrestle with for the men I meet & who'd live like that.

@junebug17 I'd say you are getting the best part of Golf ,) I wouldn't be so interested in Easter if I hadn't used the local radio station held by the fraternities - they who organize the street parading, as a learning aid for Spanish... After a year worth of their funny club gossip, details are meaningful & rather fun. They are far less peaceable than NIRDI, but not as rough as other clubs I might have brushed with. Why did I ever need such exotic content? I work in English - my Spanish colleagues prefer it too, so my needing conversation in their language just gets in the way.

@Scandinavian You make winter look like fun! So beautiful!

@missy I don't think I have taken more than a couple hundred pills of any description throughout my life... Which is to say, I am too worried by any small health complaint at all. A trivial food poisoning put me down for the past two days - just as well that it rains & party in town got cancelled. Amen, antibiotics! - but what a chore... I couldn't eat anything & I am so trashed. I kept thinking of your fridge - your repairmen sound much like my lab repairmen: the gear is so expensive, that tightening a screw runs into low three figures over multiple rounds of fracass; it is easier to tinker until the whole thing breaks for good - then, at least they have some job to do for the loot; IHMO you have repaired the fridge already.

_

With the lads' party over, I'll be getting out of town to visit a lady friend: if it doesn't rain, we'll walk the hills, if it does, we'll explore the latest of a great pastry shop.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Your finger looks much better than it did a week ago. It sounds like your allergies are getting worse. Hopefully the Claritin will help some. Was David able to see Greg at the appointment? We wait all winter for spring and seem to forget all about the joys of allergy flare ups.

@Tekate, Congratulations! Autumn is beautiful! Enjoy every minute with her. Exciting news about moving to Austin. Are you looking at houses?

@junebug17, How great that you were able to attend the Masters
Tournament. My DH said you were living his dream when I told him you were there. I hope you had a great time. It’s the only golf tournament that I enjoy watching, The scenery is so beautiful. Have you started the diamond search up again?

@Austina, Great news that the plumbing problem has been fixed. Unfortunately nothing ever goes smoothly with home repairs. The adventure you had trying to park the car sure made for an interesting story. I would have told her the person with the car wins the spot.

@marcy, When will the new earrings arrive??? Please post pics when they arrive? The pictures of the bears with the medals were so cute. How exciting Marty won the competition. I LOL when I read you were looking for Junie’s diamond in the crowd at the Masters.

@av, I hope all has been well with you. Have fun with your friend. I hope you are able to go for a walk and have pastry.

@Scandinavian the furbabies look like they are enjoying the snow. How have you been?

@Mamabean Happy Birthday to your dear son! I hope he had a wonderful day. The pictures of your backyard are beautiful. You have the best of both worlds with lots of trees and water in your view. Did everyone enjoy the meatloaf? Are you are feeling better?

Thinking of you @Sandeek, @ringo865 and @canuk-gal. I hope you are all doing well.

My niece had her baby so that has been exciting for our family. I’ve been buying lots of baby clothes.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dear NIRDIs,
Hope you are all as well as you can be! Life has been very hectic with competitions with furbaby T every weekend and the children’s activities every weekday, not to forget that I’m pretending to work a little in between LOL. But all is well in crazy town :lol-2:

Now we are enjoying a week in the Norwegian “alps” for our Easter holiday this year. The weather is super lovely with sun and almost no winds. Only negative thing is that the dogs must be on leash as it is that time of the year now, and they are quite a handful when skiing in these mountains lol.

Marcy, that reminds me, your “neg nel” sounds like an even bigger challenge re good moods. Yikes. Perhaps a little push down a mountainside for her? With or without a sledge? Lol.

Missy, hope you are feeling better today. My only recommendation is comfort shopping online and a nice dinner with your DH?

AV, I do love the snow!! :mrgreen2: It is so pretty and so wonderfully suited for exercise and adventures :geek2:

June, how are all your “babies”?

Austina, bet Dottie would have loved it here! Lots of birds and wide open scenery :P2

Callie, I love shopping baby clothes for others! They are so cute!!

Got to run, the family is ready for skiing now 8-)

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Good Friday and wishing everyone a happy start to the Easter and Passover holiday weekend.

@AV_ oh no I am sorry you had food poisoning. Not fun at all and glad you are feeling better now. It was good you got to rest a bit and that the festivities were postponed/canceled. You needed to recuperate. And LOL from your mouth to g-d's ears about the fridge. Fingers crossed. Enjoy your day with your friend and any yummy pastries you happen to eat.

@Sandeek hope you enjoyed a good day yesterday and are having a lovely vacation. Good luck with finding the perfect dress. Luckily everything looks beautiful on you.

@marcy yay it's Friday but sorry you are working. LOL to the rain cleaning your car. Love it when that happens. Peach margarita sounds delish. Never had a peach margarita but I would love sampling one. I don't like the fuzz on peaches but I bet it doesn't make the margarita fuzzy. Just the brain. :lol: Glad polishing your studs removed the itch. I wish I could polish the itch and everything else making me uncomfortable right out of my life lol.

@Scandinavian thanks honey. I am in the hold of a very bad cold. LOL to all you lovely ladies who said could it be a cold. It indeed is. And what does that say about me for not realizing that? I never confused the 2 before. But I do have a lot going on so I am forgiving my misdiagnosis. It's been ages since I had a cold and they really suck. Ears hurt, throat hurts, head hurts and nose hurts. :knockout:

Love your beautiful photos and enjoy skiing dear Scandi! And haha nice try but maybe one day...
(((HUGS))).

@Tekate Big (((HUGS))) to you and hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful and joyous holiday weekend. XO.

@Mamabean I hope David enjoyed a wonderful birthday. Lovely pink sapphire band. Hope you can wear it soon. I hear you re swollen fingers. Are you feeling all better now? I caught your cold lol. And we thought the internet was safe.:P2

@Austina glad you enjoyed spending the day with friends. And omg to the incident in the car park. Some people have so much nerve.:nono: Good for you for standing up for what was right. Here we might get shot for it (JK, sort of) and it might not be worth the risk. Lots of mentally ill people here. Did you hear about the woman who asked a man to please stop smoking around her children and he ran her over with his car? Terrible, true and tragic. But I digress. Glad it all worked out and lol to her "invisible" friend. (((Hugs))).

@Calliecake yes I did and yes he did but I felt badly as it set him behind for the rest of the day. He gets no breaks whatsoever and I did not realize that. Of course his office messed up big time separating our appointments like that after I schedule things 12 months plus in advance but I felt bad asking because he seemed very stressed about it but said he wouldn't say no to me. Umm yeah he would but lol he didn't yesterday. Glad you are seeing the baby for Easter and it was smart of you not to risk it before.

So yesterday was busy but I saw David and so did Greg and then I had OT. The air conditioner delivery was rescheduled because they called to say they would be late and I asked them (nicely but firmly) to make us the first appointment this Saturday and the owner agreed. Let's say I made a persuasive argument for that and let's just hope they arrive on time this Saturday. I support small neighborhood businesses and have always done so.:halo:

Since I have a bad cold we are going to take it easy this weekend. Today Greg has his Costco run and then we will see. It's a pretty awful weather weekend here so I don't feel like I am missing out on cycling as we weren't going to be able to head to the beach anyway due to the inclement weather.

Leaving you with another Bubbalah photo. Now that I can wear her I am enjoying her so much. Hope you enjoy the photo. (((HUGS))) to all of you.

bubbalahindiningroom.png

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Good morning NIRDIs! Sorry I dropped off for a bit. I’ve been quite down lately. Even picking up my phone to read the forum, let alone respond, has been too much :(2 my house is still under construction and it’s wearing on me. I’ve been applying to positions out of state and it’s a serious chore. I’m trying to find a legal job with DoD or a research or defense company that does federal contract work. Job hunting is no fun, but at least I’m currently employed and love what I do.

Dh’s job hunt has stalled out. After his interview with the board of directors they asked for his references (who all told him they said great things about him) then ...nothing. He’s quite depressed and worried about not being the primary provider. His father ended up in the ICU and was not expected to survive (but did!) but it was quite emotional. My step daughter is still hospitalized and not doing well. Two days ago my 11 year old son was hospitalized because he was suicidal. He’s worried about dad’s job, testing at school, moving, his sister in the hospital, prior trauma stuff from bio-dad, etc. and it was all too much. He should be coming home in a couple of days.

I also had a mammogram last week that showed small “calcifications” in my left breast. They took two more rounds of pictures and did an ultrasound before declaring I should just watch it and come back in six months so that’s added to my anxiety too. I asked for a diagnostic because by left breast has gone up by a full size and I’ve had some pain. In any case, I’m still unsettled. Anyone go through something similar?

On the bright side, my boss is super supportive and said he will give me a glowing recommendation if anyone needs it on my job hunt. I’m also in the final stages of resetting my star sapphire and hope to have my new ring by mother’s day. It’s taken almost 9 months, so it’s about darn time. I also put an indicolite tourmaline ring on layaway with an antique dealer friend of mine and hope to have it by mother’s day too, only now I’ve got anxiety about it and am second guessing myself. I may post photos in the colored gemstone section asking people for opinions just to help chill me out, lol. I think it’s just because I have sooo much anxiety over other things going on. Ooooh, and I picked up what looks to be a strand of antique natural pearls that I’m waiting to arrive. Thanks for listening, dears. I hope everyone is well. I’m off to read what I’ve missed and catch up! Have a wonderful day!!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira (((hugs))). Sorry the overwhelming issues continue but relieved some things are working out and thank goodness your DH's dad is OK. So sorry about your step daughter and your son. Oh no and sending you and all your family bucketloads of good luck dust.
I am glad your boss is appreciative of all your hard work and will give you an excellent recommendation. And I hope your dh gets a wonderful job offer soon.
How exciting you are resetting your star sapphire and cannot wait to see it. Mother's day is almost here. (((HUGS))) and lots of healing vibes going to you and your family.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Oh @Tekate ! Congrats on your beautiful grand baby! Autumn is a beautiful name for a beautiful fur! I’m so glad you were able to get there in time and enjoy your beautiful family!

@marcy congrats to Marty! How exciting! And the teddy bears with medals are sooooo cute! And congrats on 20 years! Now that’s an accomplishment!

@av love the picture of the procession! I can’t imagine what it was like at street level. I’m glad you have less thesis stress.

@missy thank you for your hugs and support. You are too dear. Your finger looks much improved and I’m so glad Bubbulah has regained her rightful place! I’m so glad you got to cycle. Your ride sounds divine! That’s something I’d like to get back to.

@Scandinavian the photos you posted are glorious! I hope all your runs with your sweet pup have gone well!

@Mamabean i hope you’re feeling better and done battling your cold. The photos of your fallen cherry blossoms are breathtaking. It looks like a fairy tale!

Im sure there’s much I’ve missed, to all the other NIRDIs, I wish you healing, love, and joy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it's starting to sound like maybe you do have a cold - I do hope you start feeling better soon, I know you are feeling miserable. Yay to wearing Bubbalah on your left hand again! I'm sorry your ear is still giving you problems and it's too bad David doesn't seem to have an answer as to what's going on. I'm with you, as much as I love warmer weather I prefer winter clothes as well. In my case I feel like I look like an old lady in summer clothes...it's easier for me to find winter clothes that I feel look both flattering and age appropriate. Luna and Twix are so sweet, I can see why you're tempted to take one of them home with you...but you're right, at least they are well cared for and loved.

Omg @junebug17 Junie! It happened again. My reply to you disappeared. And I just realized it. PS spirits what’s going on lol.
Thanks so much for your compassion. I know the cats are lucky to have the home they do. My imagination runs wild at times. And thanks for understanding. I feel pretty horrible. I forgot how colds can whip my butt lol. It doesn’t help that I cannot take acetaminophen and other meds to help relieve the discomfort. But I soldier on and won’t let a little cold albeit a miserable one get me down.

We are on the same page re age flattering clothing. It’s funny how age has a way of creeping up when we least expect it. But I’ll take it over the alternative. One plus is as we get older we care much less about what others think of us. We are more comfortable in our own skin and comfortable with who we are. That’s priceless. Yes there are many appearance characteristics I’d love to change. But it’s ok. Who I am is more important than what I look like. And we sure have earned all our . But it’s ok to occasionally feel sad about things and remember how beautiful we were in our youth but didn’t appreciate it at the time. So I try remembering that and ask myself ok in 20 years I’m going to look back on this time and be like dayum girl you were too critical of yourself back then. Lol. Ok sorry I went off on my own little threadjack there. Sorry. :oops2::bigsmile:

I hope you got everything accomplished yesterday that you wanted to and that you’re enjoying a happy holiday weekend. Hugs to you sweet Junie and dear Zoe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira i forgot to reply about your mammo concern. I’m pretty sure it will turn out to be ok but listen to your spidey sense and how about repeating next month instead of 6 months. And if you don’t feel confident get another opinion. I don’t like that it’s causing you discomfort and that it’s gone up in size. Get a second opinion. Sending you bucketloads of good luck dust. (((Hugs)))

I don’t remember where you are located but if you’re near NYC I highly recommend Columbia Radiology. And my radiologist is very skilled. Let me know if you want me to message you his name.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira You have so much to worry about .((( & worry doesn't help. Some of these things are beyond anyone, some just take their time.
Natural pearls, I love! Show them if you can.

@missy Good to see Mr. B, or is it Miss. ? ,)

I had a good day after all.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Congratulations to your niece @Calliecake, hope mother & child are both doing well. Enjoy your baby clothes shopping, they have the cutest things nowadays. How’s your DH doing?

Sorry you’ve been ill @AV_ hope you’re feeling better today and the weather holds for your trip out with your friend.

Dottie certainly would enjoy the snow @Scandinavian, although our last boy positively revelled in it. Have fun skiing with the pups and munchkins.

Boo that you had to work today @marcy, I hope it was nice and quiet, with no moaning Minnies causing problems for you. Mmmm, peach margarita sounds lovely, I’ll have to try one, I’m sure I’d like it.

You are absolutely not too old to wear what you want @junebug17. I’m embracing Erin Brokovich’s philosophy that as long as I still only have one ar$e, I’ll wear what I like :lol: I prefer summer clothes, I have lots of linen dresses as I find it easier to just throw on a dress rather than wear separates.

Sorry you’re in the grips of a cold @missy , a nice quiet weekend sounds like the perfect antidote. Take it easy, keep hydrated and rest, your body has been through so much, I’m not surprised you’ve succumbed to a cold. I meant to say that I can wear platinum earrings all day with no problem, but white gold causes me irritation after a few hours.

Great that you can wear Bubbalah again, she’s enough to cheer anyone up on a dreary day!

I’m so sorry @Keeliamira , what an awful lot you’ve been dealing with. I can’t imagine how terrible it’s been worrying about your son, poor little chap, I hope he finds a way of dealing with his anxieties. Your DH must be so disappointed having gone through such positive interviews and then not hearing anything, all while dealing with the worry over his father and daughter.

Missy’s suggestions of a second opinion is very sensible, anything that will give you some peace of mind. I take it as a good sign that Dr doesn’t feel you need to do anything immediately, but please do whatever you have to for reassurance, you don’t need the extra stress at the moment.

You certainly deserve some retail therapy to take your mind off things, hope your pearls turn out to be stunning.

The weather here is glorious at the moment, and set to last all weekend.

I’ve started on the kitchen ceiling, covering up the staining from the leak. I’m going to have to get some stain blocker because I can still see the marks in places, then we can repaint the whole ceiling. I’ve also been round filling in some hairline cracks, so they’ll be rubbed down and painted too this weekend.

Wishing all the lovely NIRDIs a happy Easter/Passover weekend.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira I am so sad to read all the trials you have been facing Keeliamira. Job hunting sucks big time, I understand your husband's down on not hearing, and his fears, I read here to my mind that you are very supportive of him and his feelings and thoughts and THAT is important, very important because in a year he won't even remember not having a job, as to your step daughter I am so sorry and your son, this is just quite a lot to bear at this time and I send dust and love to you and hope everyone can heal, get jobs and move on.. keep us and of course I mean me! informed as to the progress of everyone. My grand-daughter is gaining weight and my son and DIL are getting it together somewhat so life for them and then me is getting more adjusted. Seriously Keeliamira I am truly sorry for all this burden you are carrying.. all love to you, and also if you have small calicifications in your breast got that checked and as Missy says, listen to your spidey sense please! xo

@Austina Hi Austina.. we are looking in the Lago Vista, Spicewood, Hudson Bend, Lake Travis area for now, but we have mucho work to do, like sell the house (first I am renovating the master bath, but I changed that down to just new door, new tile, new mirror, new lights and new shower door). We will certainly be in the same vicinity at some point I would think. Actually we have to buy something in PA first so we can move our stuff there and then take what we want to TX.. it's all so much in the planning phase for now. Both my son's were bottle fed only and they are strapping men today so I'm not worried about the breast feeding, it's my son and DIL who are :) hope you are well.

@junebug17 Hi June, thank you for your kind words, you are such a sweet lady. :)

@missy Hi Missy! yes about living closer to the city. I don't have tons to spend in the Pocono's but I want something that only takes about 2 hours to the city and Chris can get a bus up to.. We shall see. Missy, your finger does look better but I hear you on the swelling.. Bubalah is beautiful, it's so rainbow! I coud look at her forever.. I'm so glad you are wearing on the right hand. I am sorry about your ear.. what is going do you know yet? How's your weather, we are getting hot in Texas. Please give Greg a hug for me, does he need an operation? this summer I should be in and out of the city at least every six months and can come down more if you need help. Don't forget please! thanks for all your kindness about Autumn, she's so special Missy, it's incredible. xoxoxo to you and Greg and your furkids.

@Scandinavian the beauty of your picture Scandi is breathtaking, just gorgeous, it's special. Happy Easter to you and your family and fur kids!

@Mamabean I could live in your backyard lady! it's buccolic at this house you own.. just perfect, happy belated bday to your son MB.. hope you are well and all is going happily in your neck of the woods. xo

@marcy ugh appraisals and ratings changes, it's so much BS, lowering good employees ratings, giving out raises, it all stinks.. glad its over for this year.. hope all is well with you!!

@AV_ Hello AV how are you and what is new? weather must be beautiful where you are!

@missy Happy Pesach! I love the story of Passover. Happy Passover to your sister, family and mom and dad! and Greg! all love on the most sacred holiday of Jews and Christians. I think Passover is more important today than ever Missy, freedom is at jeopardy all over the world.

@Jimmianne hey! what's new in France? gotta text you.. xo

I'm going to past a pix of Mike and Autumn and her first bath.. gonna black him out as I don't have his okay, he's okay on Facebook but I never mentioned here.. I don't care of somebody steals of pix of me at the beach with my white hair flying, but he's still young enough to not want his face all over the net (saying: if your beard looks like this then buy this shaver!), and the baby, she will totally change.

Happy Holiday to you all, those who follow a religion, those who don't, happy weekend and may we all wish for a united and peaceful world, love Kate

Inkedautbath_LI.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate aww Autumn is such a sweet little baby. LOVE her so much. She has lots of NIRDI admirers. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Your plans sound good. Philadelphia is a couple of hours away from us and the Poconos a bit further I think but definitely closer than Maine.:bigsmile: And I know how thrilled your family is that you are moving closer to them. Lots of exciting and happy things happening Kate the Great and I am thrilled for you! (((Hugs))).

@Keeliamira that is a good plan. Good luck at your gyn next week. Sending dust your way. XO.

@Sandeek I am so happy for you having found a great dress with another potential winner on the way. You are going to be a beautiful MOB/MOG but you are beautiful no matter what anyway so that doesn't surprise me. Sending you more hugs, love and lots of good luck dust. You have been through the mill but the sunshine is now coming through and this part of the journey soon over and to be just a bad dream. (((Hugs))).

@Austina very good advice thank you dear Austina. I am drinking plenty of fluids and resting and I am feeling a little better. Still in the grips of a bad cold but I think it is improving a bit at least in the right direction. Isn't it interesting how a cold can really knock us down. Good luck with the fixing of the ceiling and so happy you are enjoying beautiful weather. Sending you hugs and love and have a wonderful weekend. XO.

@AV_ how is your weekend going? Raining cats and dogs here (haha I wish it was literally as long as none of the animals got hurt because I could just imagine catching and hugging each one but NM I digress :cheeky:). I don't call her Mr or Mrs (or even Dr for that matter)...she is just Bubbalah to me.:sun: I am glad you had a good Friday (haha "Good" friday) and may that continue through the weekend. Thank you for the happy Passover wishes. You are not late. It is on all week. 8 days. That's a lot of Passover. ;-)

Yesterday as I predicted was a low key day and after working out and shampooing/conditioning my hair (woohoo I have been washing my own hair for the past week and it is nice to be able to do that finally) we played cards. And Greg won so obviously I am still a bit off my game (literally and figuratively) but gotta throw him a bone every now and then anyway. Good for morale.:cheeky: Though he won on his own fair and square. I am just too good a teacher.:lol:

Today it is raining buckets here so not sure what our plans are...I would like to get out of the house though. Our AC rescheduled delivery is this AM and I sure hope they show up on time. It is raining very hard here so I can only imagine the excuses...

Leaving you with a photo from Greg's usual Friday morning Costco run...in Brooklyn on Good Friday morning at opening. Now you see why I don't go to the Brooklyn Costco run anymore. When we are in NJ the Costco store there is much more civilized. Wow. Thank you DH for taking the Brooklyn Costco bullet for me. He is a definite keeper. :lol: :halo:

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 7.00.52 AM.png

Happy Caturday Saturday girls! Love you and (((HUGS))).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good day NIRDIs. Thought I’d check in. Still plugging along with the IV antibiotics but an end is within sight I pray. I think I have dress for DSs wedding. Thought I would share...the black print arrives today, but they rarely look like they do irl. I’m at the end of my spring break which entailed Drs, meds and dress shopping. I’d rather be bling shopping :whistle:
Congratulations @Tekate What a beautiful bundle of joy! Enjoy that baby! Wonderful that you will be moving back to the tri state area! Yay!
@missy Hope you’re feeling better and staying dry today. Your finger looks so much better and Bubbalah looks fabulous as always and back at home on your left finger. How is OT going? Have an awesome Saturday and holiday! :kiss2:
@Austina I hope all is well! When are you planning to move across the pond again! So awesome to be close to your son again!
@AV_ How are you? Did you come up with a title for your work?
@marcy Hope all is well! Hoping you’re having a nice, mild spring after that snow storm last week. I feel for you with the employees you deal with.,
@Calliecake Have you chosen a new dream car? We are car people too, crazily owning four cars for the two of us. A convertible garage princess for each of us. His and hers. :P2
@Mamabean loved the pictures you shared of your home/homes? Your pond is so serene. What a beautiful spot! I think I have a dress see below. One more coming today. Have a wonderful holiday.
:wavey: To @junebug17 and @Jimmianne Hope all is well with all the NIRDI ladies.
Hmmm photos won’t load so posting this before I lose it! Will try to upload dress pics.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the one I bought and am leaning toward. I felt so good in this dress. It fit like a glove and it’s a glamorous beach wedding so I’m drawn to the print and lack of bling. Blasphemy I know here on PS but I like my bling on my body parts not my clothing. Go figure...:wall:

F9E0A792-A203-4936-A96E-E4126057B0F8.jpeg

This one will arrive today but after a few online disappointments, I do not have much hope. I do love it on this model however.
02C5CF07-841E-4336-A205-EE5F94B339DE.jpeg

ETA holy big pictures. Sorry...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely drop dead gorgeous @Sandeek :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Love the dress! It looks great on you. I also like my bling on my body and not on the dress. Perfect!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re primarily looking in Bee Cave @Tekate, but haven’t ruled out Lakeway and other areas that are close to Adam. The first time Colin gave Adam a bath, he left him in there alone :-o I rushed into the bathroom to find him slipping under the water! Needless to say, he never did it again.

We can’t move till Adam becomes a citizen, which will hopefully be next year, then we will apply for our visas, and that could take up to a year. Realistically, we’re looking end of 2021 beginning of 2020 @Sandeek. Wish it was sooner, but it is what it is. So happy to hear that you’re almost done with your treatment. When is the wedding? The dress looks like it was made for you, it really looks perfect.

Glad you’re feeling a little better @missy, and yes a bad cold really knocks the stuffing out of you! Continue to rest up, and hopefully you can get rid of it quickly. Wow, people really wanted to get in to Costco! Ugh to the weather there, it’s been another glorious days here, perfect paint drying weather :lol:

We got the kitchen ceiling painted, I did the coving, edges and around the lights, then helped Colin with the rest of it. It was hard going, but we finished it today, and it’s looking good. Absolutely pooped now!

Big wave out to all the other lovely NIRDIS, hope you’re having a great weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter Sunday girls!
hareiam.gif
bunnyhoedown.gif

@Sandeek you look gorgeous in the dress though you would look beautiful in almost anything. I think you made the best decision and chose the most flattering dress. Whew one thing off the list.:appl: Though no one says you cannot enjoy more shopping. :Up_to_something: Hope you have a wonderful Easter and sending you hugs, love and continued healing dust.

@Austina hello there, hope you are having a lovely Sunday. Yay for paint drying weather haha. Glad you are having a lovely round of weather. You deserve it. Yesterday afternoon turned out to be not bad at all and Greg and I enjoyed a long lovely walk filled with fur babies along the way haha. Photos below. Hope you had a good night's sleep after all your hard work and glad the ceiling in the kitchen looks good. Nice job.

Hi @Mamabean have a happy Easter with your family.

@Tekate sending you hugs and love and lots of happy Easter wishes. Hug your little granddaughter for me please too.

@Jimmianne I hope you are having a good weekend and holiday and enjoying it with family. Hugs.

@AV_ hope your weather has cleared up and made way for more happy celebrations.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well and that everyone is enjoying a wonderful weekend.

We had a good day yesterday and spent it outdoors. Visited a few more furbabies of course while we were in the neighborhood and I will leave you with a few photos. Enjoy a lovely Easter girls.

We visited Twix, Luna and Pearl

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 6.18.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 6.19.11 AM.png

and also visited 2 new cats at another store. Also Persian kitties like Luna and Pearl. Very warm and friendly and loving.

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 6.19.26 AM.png

Have a great day girls! XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
happyeastergif.gif

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@Austina I love your Erin B reference :lol: too true! Now when my teen daughters start raiding my closet then I have to wonder have far I’m taking it, lol. I hope your repairs go off without a hitch! Thank you for your sweet words.

@AV_ I’m glad your day went well! I will share the pearls once they arrive. They are a “find” meaning I think I stumbled into something wonderful, but I won’t know until they are in my hands. Thanks for the reminder that worry doesn’t serve a positive purpose.

@Tekate thank you so much for all your love and support and dust! Dh and I support each other so well, there is just so much on our plates. And yes, job hunting does suck big time. I find it extremely tiresome that my LinkedIn profile and “presence” means so much these days and that every online application takes an hour to upload my CV, reformat, answer questions, etc. Gone are the days of simply popping my resume and a cover letter in an envelope and sending it off. I will try to not be a stranger...sometimes I just don’t have the energy. I am so glad Autumn is doing well and gaining weight. What a precious gift she is!

@missy yay for being able to wash your own hair! I’m sure Greg is pampering you in a hundred other ways. Like sparing you from Costco! Goodness what a mess! I’m glad you were able to get out this weekend despite the rain and your cold. Here’s to you kicking it’s butt and not the other way around! Happy Pesach dear!

@Sandeek that first dress is just stunning on you! It would be beautiful at a beach wedding! I’m glad your nearing the end of your IV treatments. I hope you’re feeling better.

Yesterday dh and I got to visit with our son at the hospital. He seemed in good spirits but said he thought he needed to stay a few more days even though he would rather be at home. :(sad The other kids helped clean the house (yay!) which helped a lot with my general stress level. Today I’m off to the international farmers market...dh is begging for Thai for dinner.

Hello to all NIRIDIs...you are wonder women! Have a wonderful Sunday and happy holidays to all celebrating!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira thank you and happy holidays to you. I’m happy your children helped clean the house. You have so much on your plate you deserve all the help you can get. I’m glad you got to visit your son and he is improving and in good spirits and that he had the presence of mind to know a few more days there would be helpful despite how much he wants to be home. That shows how strong he is. Sending you and your family big hugs and much love. Better days are coming. Enjoy the farmers market and hope the Thai food for dinner is yummy. (((Hugs))).

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @missy. My little guy is very self aware. And I am extremely thankful we have the type of relationship where he feels able to share what he’s going through with us. Thank you so much for your love and hugs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results